[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a GM do you provide food for your players?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 39

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
As a GM do you provide food for your players?
>>
>>49499414
If I'm providing the game some other dick can handle the grub.
>>
>>49499414
We split the cost of whatever we have delivered or whatever I need to cook up dinner for everyone. Well, that and we share weed too. Isn't that the norm?
>>
>>49499414
No. We buy our own food and share parts of it (like chips or pop). Sometimes the players bring food for the GM as a reward for all his hard work.
>>
>pretzels
>baby carrots
>water

Want something else bring your own shit.
>>
>>49499471
Agreed. I will provide drinks, but the rest of them can provide the food. But the only reason I get drinks is because the guys I play with have terrible taste in alcohol.
>>
>>49500216
>implying I don't like pretzels and carrots
>>
>>49499414
I like to make a big jar of iced coffee and get some pretzles but thats it since i gm and host
>>
Host provides food and snacks, a role which rotates each session.
>>
>>49499414
I run the game. I host the game. If someone who does nothing but show up wants me to provide them with something to put in their mouth, I will gladly supply my balls.
>>
>>49499414
Kinda.

My 6 person group has a rotation set up. We have three DMs and two people with actual jobs. One DM is in each couple and the third isn't with either. The DM never cooks. So the rotation goes:

Week 1: DM A runs game, DM A brings snacks, DM C Cooks dinner
Week 2: DM B runs game, DM A cooks dinner, DM C brings snacks
Week 3: DM C runs game, DM A cooks dinner, DM C brings snacks
Week 4: DM A runs game, DM A brings snacks, DM C Cooks dinner
Week 5: DM B runs game, DM A brings snacks, DM C Cooks dinner
Week 6: DM C runs game, DM A cooks dinner, DM C brings snacks.

And then it repeats. The basic idea is that DM C and A alternate cooking/bringing snacks and whoever is DMing that day doesn't cook (because it's a hassle to cook and DM at the same time)

And just to make things weirder, each DM is doing a separate campaign:
- DM A is doing Exalted
- DM B is doing Pokemon Tabletop United (custom setting for it)
- DM C is doing D&D 5e (Zelda based setting)

It works, for the most part.
>>
Pissing off your GM is already a bad idea on its own, but it gets a whole lot worse when he's also preparing things that you intend to put in your mouth.
>>
I usually spend like $10 on lollies and crap before a session, but we play on the radio, so we can only eat during breaks. Pizza's, etc, wouldn't really work.
>>
>>49499414
Yes, but only in-game.
>>
Nothing! I hate my players! I hate all of them!
>>
>>49499414
If I ran at my own place, I might.
Otherwise it's the players fucking responsibility.
I'm the one who has to suffer through running the game for them, the least they could do is bring food.
>>
We usually all chip in for pizza and drinks. However, as a player, I'm growing tired of Alcohol at the table. I was on my way to play, and by he time I got there the DM and the Bard had downed a mason jar of apple pie flavored moonshine. Soon after, the DM said he was going home because he felt delicious. (His house is next door to the house we play in)
>>
>>49499414
>Little Caesar's

Man, I miss them

All I get in my current town is Dominos aka sauce-on-cardboard
>>
I often bring snacks (chips and dip or Taco Bell burritos and tacos) as well as sodas but actual 'dinner' stuff like pizza is pitched in by the whole group if we want all want it.
>>
>>49499414
We vote and then split the price of what we eat. If you really want something no one else wants you bring it.
>>
>>49499414
Miss the opportunity for potluck? Hell no.
>>
>>49499414
Well naturally.

Everyone deserves one last meal before they are sent off to slaughter adventure.
>>
>>49501248
My town's Dominos and Little Caesar's are the exact opposite yours, apparently. .
>>
>>49501140
>$10 worth of lollies
>Playing on the radio

What is going on.
>>
>>49501140
>play on the radio
Explain this.
>>
For my college friends who just started DnD, I bring my 50lbs of pussy and dice, the rulebooks, character sheets, notes, whiteboard, pencils, wet erase markers, screen, modules, etc. I insisted that I bring everything for their first sessions until I start telling them to bring their own dice. Luckily they have the basic rules pdf so they have a copy of their own on their tablets/phones/laptops.

They've decided since I bring that to them, they provide the food. I offered to split the pay for the food but they declined saying that I'm like a guest (they live in the same dorm complex while my apartment is thirty minutes away from the uni)

It's pretty nice but I can't help bu feel guilty that I'm getting free food but hah, oh well.
>>
>>49500216

Don't be rude man, I love pretzels but I still bring stuff to the gaming table.

Hell, one time I did homemade italian ice. Shit was great.
>>
>>49502348
>>49502312
Sounds like he plays over ham radio or something.
>>
>>49502385
>I bring my 50lbs of pussy
I'm sorry what.
>>
>>49499414
No. Either everyone bring something or we share the cost.
>>
>>49499414
Nope, but I always have fancy Belgian beer for the host.
We usually drink it together before drinking everything the host has to offer, but it's the thought that counts.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 397x262px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 397x262px
>>49499414
we used to order pizza but one of my buddies wanted to get in shape so we cut that out.

Instead someone had the brilliant idea of getting thematic food that fits the ambiente of the game.

Right now I provide hard sausages with a loaf of bread and mustard, people can being their own additions to this (vegetables, ham, bacon, whatever fits and they want) everyone gets a knife to cut the bread and sausage.

perfect to get in the mood for tavern and traveling meals among a party.

Not necessarily healthy. but damn if it doesn't add to the game.
>>
>>49501227
I'm sure you meant to write delirious but the thought of a DM going home because he feels just too damn tasty is fantastic and made me sincerely laugh. Thank you anon.
>>
>>49505916
tell your buddy he can still eat pizza and get in shape.
just tell him to limit it to one or two slices instead of one or two pies.
>>
>>49505853

They really like tiny asian hookers I guess ?
>>
>>49505947
that was like 3 years ago at this point, and he didn't want to watch us eat pizza while he ate nothing.

he's still fat and we are back to ordering pizza again when it fits the setting

(we ran a game set in the present a few months ago and ordered pizza)
but this type of system worked really well in "medieval" fantasy settings.
>>
File: fr_fuks_sake.jpg (36KB, 328x281px) Image search: [Google]
fr_fuks_sake.jpg
36KB, 328x281px
>>49499471

> if I'm providing the game.

'cept you're not. The players are providing the game. Your job is to react to them and provide a fun and enjoyable adventure. THEY create the fun, not you. They are the gateholder of fun. Otherwise, have fun sitting at home masturbating to your shitty adventure plans. Guess what? No one will ever care. You owe your players everything.

I can just tell you're a really shitty DM. Let me tell you something, I have over 7000 hours of GMing experience. Probably more. I've been GMing for about 15 years now and I run sessions three times a week.

I am so sick of listening to DMs whine about how the players ruined "my" plans or killed "my" NPC. Listen, faggot, you don't "own" anything, okay? The players control what's going on. Your job is to react. They roll a natural 20? That means they automatically succeed at what they are doing. I don't care if it's popping a zit or jumping halfway to the moon on a pogo stick, a natural 20 is special and they deserve success as a reward for rolling it. Second of all, you let the players do whatever they want. You got that bitch? Whatever. They. Want. You are doing this for their entertainment therefore you get to suck their dicks. They want to start a business? Well you better have homebrewed rules for running a business, faggot, because it's up to you make their dreams come true. Don't like it? You should've let someone else DM. I've been DMing for the past 20 years and I've always satisfied my players, because I do what needs to be done. Players want an adventure about rescuing princesses? Done. Player wants a quest to find a magical sword? I ask, +1 sword or flaming sword? Sometimes I get my girlfriend to help me play as well as my wife's son (Yeah I got laid, jealous? Not my kid, you sick fuck, my wife). Oh, and I also have a beard. THAT is what it means to be a good GM.
>>
I use to buy drinks when I was a dm.
4 12 packs for $9. It would last us about 3 ish games.
>diabetic player join us.
>I got a diet 12 pack for him.
>after the first session of only him drinking them, 3 cans remain
> happens next session
> I bring it up in private that he's drinking 3-4 times more then anyone else.
> he says he take 4 cans home cuz he has nothing to drink. (Dude is in his 30s)
> I tell i'm going to buy soda every 3ed game so if he wants to burn thru it in a game thats up to him
> he's mad but whatever.
> session 2 he runs out and asks me in front of the group (to guilt me) to buy more at our next break
> call him out and he leaves
> haven't been buying shit since not sure if I should
>>
>>49500927
I'll gladly accept.
>>
>>49506079
This is a troll right?
People can't be this stupid.

Go grab a pogo stick
try to jump to the moon 20 time (same chance as a nat 20)
>>
>that feel when I wish I had friends to share snacks with and play traditional games
>that other feel when I'm not even motivated enough to get snacks for myself
>every meal is chicken nuggets
>>
>>49499414
I don't believe that Little Caesar's qualifies as food under the Geneva Conventions.
>>
>>49506321
Hey, those bacon wrapped deep-dishes are delicious going in and horrifying coming out.
>>
>>49499414
In the groups I've played with, the host usually provides soft drinks (alcohol is up to an individual to bring, if it's welcome at all) and others bring snack foods to share. For marathon game sessions, it might even be a bit of a potluck, or splitting a pizza.
>>
We all chip in for pizza or something similar, and take a break to eat, at least on most days.

However, for the about six months of weekly Legend of the Five Rings sessions we had last year, I made sushi before each session for the players.
>>
>>49499532
It's too hard to focus on the game while high. At least for me.
>>
>>49506258

Except that is in real life. D&D is a GAME thus it does not obey real world expectations.

You sound like a terrible DM. Why do you hate fun, exactly?
>>
>>49501140
How many lolis does $10 get you?
>>
>>49506079
Holy shit, btfo. Shitty GMs on suicide watch.
>>
File: images.png (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 224x225px
>>49506079
>>
>live in Germany
>crave pizza
>choice of at least 5 decent to great places to order from
>none of them are chains
>but we have those too

Do you really order Domino's, Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's on the regular?
>>
>>49501248

Are you sure you're not confusing the two?

or have you not been to dominos since they revamped all their shit a couple years ago?
>>
>>49506518
We get our pizza at a little local pizza shop run by an old Italian dude.
>>
>>49499414
In case of my group, the deal is that I provide the place (not only for rpg but meetings in general) and they provide food and drinks. Works good.
>>
>>49506199

My gaming table is a no homos zone. Not by rule or anything. We've had homosexual players but they invariably can't handle the crude humor.. which typically includes proclamations of homosexuality levied at other players.

Maybe it's crude but we're actually quite accepting.. we're all just harmless, immature assholes.
>>
>>49506548
I make my own pizza.

(sicilian, 2 lbs dough, mozzarella under the sauce, sauce made with San Marzano tomatoes and oregano, pie covered in pecarino romano, baked 500 degrees 16 minutes... turning halfway. Boom!

Thank me later.)
>>
>>49506079
You know I thought you might just be a retard until
>wife's son
It's a shame that was at the bottom so it was too late to quit reading. Oh well, I guess you got a (You) out of it.
>>
>>49499414
Yes.

I feel I have an obligation.

So every game night is also 'I tried out this recipe, whatcha think' night.
>>
Typically everybody brings some snacks of their own, and if I feel like it I'll let people know ahead of time that I'll be preparing some food or something. Doesn't often happen mind you.
>>
Personally, I love to cook and I love to GM, so every week I make dinner and then we play. The party covers whatever the ingredients cost up to $40, so it's not a big deal, and it's always nice having willing test subjects for whatever new recipe I want to try. I try to base the meals on whatever is going on in the session. Actually, sometimes I base whatever is going to go on based on what I want to cook. We just did a fun under the sea adventure because I wanted to make sushi. It's actually a pretty great set up.
>>
>>49506699
That sounds exactly like this recipe:
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/05/spicy-spring-sicilian-pizza-recipe.html
Probably the best pizza I've ever made.
>>
Everyone gives in my group hands me 5 bucks per session. From that, I spend about 3 or so hours preparing a dinner or alot of snacks for them.

Last session I made a small roast and a chocolate tart for all of them.
>>
>>49499414
no, everybody who wants to brings something which then gets shared by all (beverages are generally "everybody for himself" though). those who have better paid jobs tend to contribute more. but really we're decades-long friends, so we're past those issues.
>>
>>49499532
no, when we order food it's also "everybody for himself". when food is cooked though, it's generally the guy at who's place we're gaming who pays.

again, old friends, nobody cares
>>
We mix it up. Usually we'll throw in for a 12 pack, some chips, popcorn, etc. Everyone brings at least one thing. On Halloween we got some cheeses, bread, salami, and carrots. Put those suckers on wooden boards with tankards of Ale.
>>
>>49499414
Look, it's the hosts responsibility to provide food. And entertainment. The host can bring the GM and plan a gam, but the host provides the food. If the host is the GM, the GM provides the food.
HOWEVER, providing the food can also mean an agreement between the guests, such as potluck, pooled resources pizza order, and so on.
It is pretentious of the GM to expect to be fed. That is a sign of a bad GM, as that behavior will exist in the play-style.
Players should not expect the GM to entertain and provide for them. That also reflects badly on the player.
Now I know that there are players that are broke (I have been that guy), and there are players not willing to support others.
Golden rule; Don't be a dick.
>>
>>49506488
Not nearly enough
>>
>>49505935
You're in luck, that wasn't a typo. He said he felt delicious so he went home
>>
>>49507210
everybody's saying bring your own food, your moral stand means nothing.

And while I don't "expect to be fed" myself, you're kidding yourself if you think the GM isn't allowed some perks for spending 5-10+ hours per week on making a fun game for the rest of the party.
>>
>>49507210
>Golden rule; Don't be a dick.
Sounds like you regularly break that one.
>>
File: Superseriously.jpg (90KB, 384x325px) Image search: [Google]
Superseriously.jpg
90KB, 384x325px
>>49506079
Is this the trendy thing people are copy-pasting on this board now?
>>
File: 1355795381182.gif (684KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
1355795381182.gif
684KB, 300x246px
How can this even made into an argument? The people I play with are broke college students. No one ever expects to fed when he head to anyone's house. If we do get hungry we take a break and either head to publix for no brand name pizza pockets or we order delivery.

And yes, everyone pitches in. No way in hell is one guy paying for everyone's meal just because its his house. I don't care what you were raised on. If you honestly think that just because someone is letting you into their home to play games that they set up, made sure everything is presentable for you, and is going to clean everything after everyone leaves that they are going to pay for your meal, then you either have very well off friends or REALLY good friends.
>>
>>49505844

That will be a hell of a game. In my experience radio transmision is a pain in the ass.

>Delta Mike, this is Papa Charlie Zero One, radio check, over
>This is Delta Mike, I read you five by five Papa Charlie zero one, what do you do, over.
>Delta Mike, I attack the orc over.
>Papa Charlie Zero One, proceed to roll delta two zero, over
>Delta Mike, wilco
>Delta Mike, this is Papa Charlie Zero One, result one eight.
>Zero One, you cleave the orc with the sword, over.
>Delta Mike, say again all after cleave
>Papa Charlie Zero One this is Delta Mike I say again, you cleave the orc with the sword, over.
>Delta Mike, copy that out.
>>
Ha, what's terrible taste to you?
My friends always buy these nasty Smirnoff screwdriver 6 packs.
They're really sugary, too, so it's awful if anyone spills it.
>>
Do you make your friends split your electricity bill for the lights and air conditioning?
>>
>>49506079
I hope no actual GM has to tolerate your presence.
>>
I provide water, sirup, tea, coffee, also beers and juices if I have them handy, to drink. Usually, a couple of bags of chips, sometimes a cake if I had time to back. The rest is my players' responsibility :)
>>
File: Bait is a crime.gif (1MB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait is a crime.gif
1MB, 625x626px
>>49506079
>>
>>49499414

I make about 4x more money than the players who aren't my wife so yes I provide the food. These are my friends, I will use my advantages for their benefit.
>>
>>49499532
>weed
Disgusting.

I've never really had a problem with weed, I just have a problem with the stereotypical stoner, almost nothing gets done when they're playing.
>>
>>49511636

My bard is a stoner and it works really well

A stoner druid would also work really well
>>
I GM, but it's at someone else's house.
We all just get our own food and drinks and offer it around, although if we ever want it we can have a cuppa from the house.
On occasion different people in the group have bought everyone else snacks/meals/drinks before, but there's never been obligation.
We're just a bunch of friends who enjoy hanging and do RP at times.
>>
File: 1468283379985.jpg (65KB, 443x726px) Image search: [Google]
1468283379985.jpg
65KB, 443x726px
>>49506079
>this will be posted in every single "that guy" thread from now on
>>
My old group we used to all go out to dinner before the game. If you didn't want to go out to dinner for some reason you fed yourself before the game. Tea and water were at the table (I think soda too, but I never drank any soda).

One time I brought chili and cornbread when I was running Deadlands. Now days I don't have a group. Everyone I know around me is busy with kids and stuff (as am I).
>>
>>49506181
should have just switched back to regular and watched the fucker go into a coma, i literally cannot stand people that pull this shit and get mad when you have to say something
>>
>>49506181
What a cunt. You should have bought 2 litre bottles of regular soda, switched the labels for diet stuff, and let him quaff four of them at a sitting.
>>
>>49506699
>turning halfway

What, so all the toppings fall off, Einstein?
>>
>>49506854
I'm not the only one, then.
Once I fed my players a Scandinavian potato casserole, for the sole reason of "Hey, I found this recipe. This looks good, Imma make it."
It was pretty good.
>>
I actually used to when I hosted at my house, I guess as some impulse toward proper manners, always assuming that people would eventually, you know, give something back. Show up with chips or soda, or buy pizza for the group, or even just say "hey, ive eaten a free meal here every week for the last year, let me give you 20 bucks." But eventually i realized it would never happen. People showed up, ate what was provided, a few hours later would start raiding my refrigerator. They'd never give anything back, rarely even say thanks. So I stopped providing meals, then I stopped providing snacks, then I stopped having good in the house at all on game day, because it felt petty and inhospitable to refuse good or drinks to my friends in my own home, but they were eating up hundreds of dollars and never even saying thanks.

Eventually I just stopped hanging out with those people. As you get older, you realize a lot of your friends are douchebags.
>>
>>49508039
I would if them being there consumed an extra person's worth of electricity each.
>>
>>49508981
What is "Sirup?"
>>
>>49501026
>3 DM's
Wtf we can barely get one
me
>>
>>49512500
I think he means squash/cordial
>>
>>49499414

I'm not allowed to do that anymore ever since I used all of the pooled player money to buy the group 3 large Hawaiian pizzas.
>>
It depends, usually we all go out to eat before the session and have a pow-wow at the restaurant about the upcoming session. We meet every other week, and the restaurant pick rotates before each session though if literally nobody else wants to each there we can vote to force a repick.

As GM and the only one of my friends who has lucked into a not-crap paying job and thus has a somewhat nice and spacious apartment, we all play at my place. I provide some snacks and sodas/water, and another friend usually brings some sort of alcohol. She's somewhat of an alcoholic herself, but has really good taste and never brings any unless she plans on sharing. Besides the restaurant thing there's no real set system, that's just how things usually turn out, and ocassionally people will show up with surprise treats for everyone. Actually just last week the resident stoner brought some very special homemade baked goods, my god that was a fun night.
>>
Everyone brings 5 bucks dm brings 10 get some pizza
>>
>>49512680
>stoner brought some very special homemade baked goods
>special homemade baked goods
so you all got stoned? sounds fun
>>
>>49512371
Rotating it you mong
>>
Beer only. No eating while recording the podcast
>>
>>49513939
Link to your podcast, anon? What do you play?
>>
>>49512524
Different anon here, I'm the side DM for a game, and I always bring snacks for everyone.

As a side DM I make sure rules are working well, everyone has fun playing, and to make sure players aren't missing any progression.
(recently databased all of the characters and all of their progression, turns out some of them have some feats to choose and some skill points to spend.)
I lack the self confidence to play a character do instead I have fun creating NPCs the real DM can use.
>>
>>49511857
>One time I brought chili and cornbread when I was running Deadlands. Now days I don't have a group.
Sounds like bad chili desu senpai
>>
>>49499414

As a human being that's going to be sitting around with several other people for the rest of the night I help provide food, regardless of whether I'm GMing that night or not.
>>
>>49499414
Nah. We go out to eat about halfway through the session.
>>
>>49502312
>>49502348

I mean a radio station, we play live on air. We've finished our current campaign, and probably won't start again till next year.

It's a lot of fun, but it certainly has limitations. Finding a four hour timeslot was hard, so we had to play from 10pm till 2 am, and I can't really use maps or show my players anything that I can't describe to our listeners.

And $10 usually gets me a party mix, a pack of m&ms and something chewy.

Google tunefm podbean if you're interested. We're the Westlands group.
>>
>>49506442
>>49511636
The entire group consists of daily smokers. I personally find it easier to gm while baked, as long as I have my notes that is.
>>
>>49499414
Fuck no, I'm not made of money.
>>
>>49505827
>homemade italian ice
is that that thing where you freeze jizz into ice cubes?
>>
File: ramen-noodles-packages[1].jpg (147KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ramen-noodles-packages[1].jpg
147KB, 600x450px
>>49515401
God damn right. I'm broke. Bring your own food or eat ramen.
>>
If you have guests in your home for more than two hours, you provide food. That's etiquette.
>>
>>49515554
>he has the roast chicken flavor
I'll take the ramen.
>>
>>49515928
So spend money to feed four people after already preparing a game and a place to play? So I'm basically sucking their cocks so they'll spend time with me?

Fuck that. I feel like I'm doing all the 'giving' in this scenario.
>>
>>49515969
If you don't want to act like a decent host ask someone else to host. If you can't afford it, there's no shame in asking for help.
>>
File: Aygohr.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Aygohr.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
As a DM who runs a game at a friend's house, If it's less than a four hour session, eat before you get there, I got better things to do than listen to you chew or have you get your greasy fingers on my pawns.

If it's going to be a half day marathon, some light saltiness like a few cheap bags of pretzels would be appreciated, but the BYOB-rule applies to refreshments, and the meal is going to be whatever delivery everyone agrees on.

Expecting the host to to provide the right mix of beverages or a hot meal is being ridiculous. It's a gaming session, not a goddamn ice-cream social. You weren't invited over for dinner, so don't expect one to be provided.

People in this thread expecting the host to provide eats are "forever-guests".
>>
>>49516062
And by delivery I mean everyone pays their own order.
>>
>>49516062
>People in this thread expecting the host to provide eats are "forever-guests".
I'm >>49515928
Nope. It's always at my house. Probably because I take care of my guests like a man should.
>>
>>49516113
So you pay people to be your friend, basically? I mean would anyone else host and feed you?
>>
>>49516149
How is feeding people you invite into your home "paying people to be your friend"?

Have you confused simple etiquette as some kind of con?
>>
File: 1474534581930.jpg (59KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1474534581930.jpg
59KB, 736x736px
>>49516170
If I'm
A) Spending hours of my time making a session for them to play in.
B) Providing them a place to play since no on one else can host
C) Buying food specifically for them
D) Cleaning up after they leave at 3 in the morning

I feel like I'm doing more than my part. Thats all I'm saying.
>>
>>49516170
These aren't weary travelers on the Transylvanian High Road, spending the night before setting off in the morning. These are people coming over for a few hours of games.

You are obligated to provide some light chip/pretzel snackage as a matter of courtesy, you don't have to provide Roast Beast and Ale.
>>
File: IMG_1245.jpg (83KB, 990x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1245.jpg
83KB, 990x750px
>>49506699
>500 degrees for 16 minutes
Isn't that a little hi-
>... turning half way
... my god... multi-ovenrack drifting...
>>
>>49516113
>Probably because I take care of my guests like a man should.

Cuck detected.
>>
>>49516214
>You are obligated to provide some light chip/pretzel snackage as a matter of courtesy, you don't have to provide Roast Beast and Ale.
I didn't say otherwise. All I said was if you have guests over for more than two hours, feed them. I didn't say cook a nine-course meal or spend a few hundred bucks.

>>49516241
>Etiquette is cuckoldry
>>
>>49516227
>Isn't that a little hi-
No, it's not nearly high enough. Proper pizza, made fresh, should be cooked at higher temperatures than most modern ovens can reach, which is why you cook them for 15+ minutes instead of the traditional 3-5.
>>
>>49516170
Hey man, I DM 9/10 times, 9/10 times I do not host. I wouldn't pin the food on myself nor the host, why should we spend money in addition to our time prepping the game/cleaning the house for the guests who show up to game?
I'm not saying GMing/hosting is God's gift to plebs, but why should those doing more already need to spend money on those who are not?
I understand etiquette, if we play at my house of course you can grab a drink or some cold cuts, but I'm not going to buy $40 of food for friends who make just as much or more money than I.
Personally, we all pool for delivery or take out. If not, we get our own food and bring it to the session.
>>
>>49516259
>but I'm not going to buy $40 of food for friends who make just as much or more money than I.
I didn't ask you to. In fact, I said nothing about money. I just said feed your guests. If you need, or even just think it's fair, to ask for contributions for a snack or meal budget, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>49499414
Damn you OP now I want pizza at 2 in the morning.
>>
>>49506079
If I were dming a game and someone nat20ed a pogo twords the moon they would die, thrice in fact. First from acceleration making them hit deadly levels of g forces, second from lack of oxygen (halfway to the moon is most defiantly out of atmosphere), and third from landing and again receiving deadly g forces)
>>
>>49516309
>If you need, or even just think it's fair, to ask for contributions for a snack or meal budget, there's nothing wrong with that.
The thread topic is "do you PROVIDE food", not "Is there food at the session".

Also, there's a world of difference between having something crunchy around in a bowl, and Feeding Them, which is what you were implying.
>>
>>49516253
Okay then, thanks man. Never knew that about Pizza.
>>
>>49516359
>Also, there's a world of difference between having something crunchy around in a bowl, and Feeding Them, which is what you were implying.
Then perhaps the problem is you're reading more into what I said than I'm actually saying. Putting something crunchy in a bowl and something in a can, bottle, or glass is perfectly fine for a couple hours.
>>
>>49516248
A Game Night may be a "Party", but it's not a dinner Party. You're not throwing a once-a-season shindig with drink and food, it's a weekly gathering of friends. Friend-owned-Bar etiquette applies here. You'll get some snacks, and maybe a free drink if he's nice, but if you're gonna be a while, by a drink for the fucking barkeep.
>>
>>49516367
Try and have a real brick oven fired pizza at least once this year, it's not an experience you will regret if you can find a place serving them.

You won't look at fast food pizza the same way, tho.
>>
File: IMG_1494.jpg (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1494.jpg
27KB, 200x200px
>>49516383
Dif anon,

No, you're just a dense "Holier than Thou" thundercunt.
>>
>>49516392
Been there, loved that. It's good shit. I just never comprehended the real difference.
>>
>>49516401
No, I said feed them, which you and others apparently took to mean make them a big dinner for some reason.

>>49516389
>You'll get some snacks, and maybe a free drink if he's nice
So we agree.
>>
File: 1405588179115.jpg (470KB, 1200x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1405588179115.jpg
470KB, 1200x1467px
I provide food when I host, regardless of who is GMing. I know I'm not required too, but I lived with a South African woman for a couple years and any time we had people over she would go into a frenzy of cooking and preparing to make sure that they had food, and I guess it sort of rubbed off on me.
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16KB, 210x236px) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16KB, 210x236px
>>49516383
>Then perhaps the problem is you're reading more into what I said than I'm actually saying.

You are the one repeating "feeding them" vs "providing some snacks". You are being misleading with your language. It's nice that you've decided to clarify now, though you knew by the reactions to your posts how people were interpreting you.
>>
File: IMG_1360.jpg (94KB, 362x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1360.jpg
94KB, 362x263px
>>49516410
>so we agree
Christ, you're a smug shit-sniffing muffler-huffer aren't you? No, this thread isn't about providing snacks you dingle-berry snacking papercut of a human being.
>>
>>49516406
If you ever get a chance at a steak prepared over an insanely hot fire, I suggest you go for it.
>>
>>49516417
>>49516436
>misread someone
>then get defensive when you realize you misread them
Okay.
>>
File: IMG_1327.jpg (117KB, 750x899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.jpg
117KB, 750x899px
>>49516440
The thought alone excites me in ways I could never have imagined...
>>
File: 1386317456569.gif (142KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1386317456569.gif
142KB, 720x480px
>>49516444
Seriously man, enough.
You knew from the multiple replies to your posts how it was being taken, you were being an insufferable cunt based on that interpretation.
It's a little too late for this tactic.
>>
File: pizza[1].jpg (355KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
pizza[1].jpg
355KB, 3888x2592px
Everyone could just chip in $5 for pizza... But then I forgot everyone who plays these kind of games are cheap assholes.
>>
>>49501154
underrated post
>>
File: IMG_0817.jpg (117KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
117KB, 900x900px
>>49516444
>I didn't misread the thread, you misread what I was saying!
>Implying I misread your misreadings
>Implications implicitly implied
On one hand, this is kind of funny. On the other, you're a fucking idiot. Wait, same hand, my bad. You're so retarded you make me feel smart.
>>
>>49516495
Honestly, I don't run sessions for longer than 3 and a half hours, and they are tightly paced enough that people don't WANT to take a break to nosh on hot food.
And since we play with flip maps and pawns, there's just no good way to eat shit like pizza mid-session.

I haven't hung out for 6 hours of TTRPGing since summer break from HS. Nor are my current gaming budding the kind of incurable fatasses that have to chain-eat throughout the day.
>>
>>49516527
>nuh uh, you're an idiot
>>
>>49502385
>my 50lbs of pussy

Are you a dwarf, anon?
>>
>>49506518
I do that and I live in a rural part of the UK lmao
>>
File: zero-charisma-foto-04.jpg (109KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
zero-charisma-foto-04.jpg
109KB, 680x478px
>>49516559
Wish my sessions could be tightly paced. People get distracted so god damn much.

We usually play late at night though starting around 9ish until 3 in the morning.
>>
>>49516574
I've gamed in cities in the Midwest with stellar take out food, one place delivered Ribeyes with baked potatoes ect (good Ribeyes too, amazingly).
Now I'm working for a fortune 500 company in NE Missouri, and it's at least an hour's drive to anywhere with quality food.
This town has 2 shitty Hardees, no less than 5 shitty pizza franchises, a terrible McDonalds, two disgusting Chinese restaurants and a smattering of other poorly run fast food operations.

It's like there's a pact to keep the bar of quality sufficiently low that no one faces unfair competition for serving garbage.
>>
My DM has a Persian roommate who always cooks too much so we end up eating her leftovers

Decent, because I fucking love Persian food
>>
>>49516590
We start at 5pm sharp, and end at about 8:30.
One guy who lives down the street from the host shows up about 5 minutes early to move the table and set up chairs, the others show up and we recap and get right to it.

One thing that helps is having 4 players. I've ran for 2-7 players, and 4 is absolutely optimal, IMO. Every player over 4 is adding to the chatter, anything less than 4 and you start having to water down encounters as the player's options diminish and a single felled ally becomes a huge crisis.
>>
>>49516651
*help move
>>
>>49499414
Yes. A Good GM feeds their players.

A great GM will cater based on the campaign. For example, when the campaign took a nautical theme, our GM prepared a lot of seafood for us. In the forest? We'd get trail mix as a snack, venison for our game break meal. Obviously, you need to cater to the player's dietary needs, but a great GM will also keep in mind the player character's dietary needs, too, to really immerse the player in their character: for example, a buddy of mine played a vegan druid, so the GM made sure to also prepare vegan meals (even though the player was a normal meat-eater). He said it really helped him get into his character's state of mind.

Honestly, a lot of people in this thread just don't care about their games. It's sad.
>>
File: 1Sk0c.gif (861KB, 320x206px) Image search: [Google]
1Sk0c.gif
861KB, 320x206px
>>49506079
>>49516725
I thought a GM only reacted to their players. So maybe the GM should cook what the players want?
>>
>>49516755
>One anon said this and another anon said something that kind of contradicts that
>Ha, caught you in a lie!
GM provides the game. Meals are a part of the game, and thus are provided by the GM.
>>
>>49516801
Are meals part of the game? What if we play at a store?

Also fuck you for saying 'you provide the game you provide the food'. Seriously a lot of GMs run games because no one else is going to.
>>
My GM owns a games store/cafe that we play at, so we just eat there
>>
File: buckleuphomestuck.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
buckleuphomestuck.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>49511636
>as opposed to all the normal games where the players are busy, busy bees
>>
>>49516984
Meals are a part of the game. If you play at a store, the GM brings the meal to the store. It's a part of the game.

Also fuck you for being a lazy GM that doesn't even try to provide a little atmosphere for the players and thinks reading rules from a book is "good enough." Seriously, you could at least try to make the hobby enjoyable for everyone instead of treating it like a fucking chore. If you aren't even going to put an ounce of effort into it (because cooking seriously isn't hard) then why bother?
>>
>>49517132
Oh I get it. This is a bait post.

Fuck me I fell for it.
>>
>>49517132
>Meals are part of the game.

Which page of the rules states this? I must have missed it.
>>
>>49517065
You in Oakland?
>>
>>49499414
Players are encouraged to bring their own and share when possible.

Always ends up we all bring pop and just that. Because we're idiots.
>>
>>49517242
Other side of the world mate
>>
>>49517274
Ah, have the same set up over here. Would have been a hell of a coincidence.
>>
>>49517188
>"what rules say i have to take a shower? i must have missed it"
You are trash. Human garbage. You take no pride in yourself or the things you do, as evidenced by the zero effort you put into your life. Did you parents not raise you right? Did they not raise you at all? Where did you go so horribly wrong?

Straight up, if you don't care about you, no one else will. I sure as shit don't give a fuck about you, so here's a final (You).
>>
File: 4bf[1].png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
4bf[1].png
181KB, 625x626px
>>49517321
>>
>>49517333
trips confirm
>>
>>49506079
> calls "girlfriend" his "wife"

She's thinking about leaving you huh? Or did you just type that so quickly without sparing a moment for afterthought, or even proofreading it?
>>
When I host a game I normally prep the food before they come and my wife cooks while we play. I also supply some drinks. players bring snacks and any thing they want to eat.
at my mates place she does some yum cha stuff in the oven and we supply drinks and snacks.
>>
>>49499414
provide this diuck
>>
>>49499414
New GM, doing it for my long time friends.

I always make a hot meal before they come over. Usually something easy, like pasta or shepherd's pie, but something nice and filling and healthy-ish with all the veggies I stuff in.

Helps that I fucking love cooking, and its own of the few times I get an excuse to cook up a real storm.

>burrito bar
>cheesy pasta marinara(spinach and chicken)
>shepherd's pie(broccoli blended into the mashed potatoes cuz these weirdos don't just like peas)
>cheesy alfredo pasta(chicken/bacon and brocoli)

Next week is probs fried rice.
>>
I irregularly bring chips and coke, iregardless whether i DM or play.
>>
Nah. People bring their own shit, everyone can have as much tea as they like though (am britbong). Ironically our Drow poisoner assassin always bakes a cake or brownies or such. She's ace.
>>
>>49517391
Superior GM.
>>
>>49517391
>these weirdos don't just like peas
The fuck
I bet they also complain about coasters
>>
>>49517321
It just seems odd that the GM has to do everything in your scenario.
I've GM'd for a year, so I won't say I know much, but making my games and the encounters and the monsters takes a lot of my time. Taking even more time to bake a three course meal when all my players do is keep their one character up to date and fantasize about loot they want to buy.
I've spent money on tiles and adventure books and such, if the 4 players split two pizzas and a 12pack of pop I see that as both monetarily and temporally fair.
>>
>>49511636
I don't allow drugs or guns at my table.

But I don't live in the US, so that's not a problem.
>>
>>49501248
Little Cesar's is garbage, anon.
>>
I did until people started expecting it. I would have snacks, veggies, sometimes pizza. I figured since it was at my place and they would come to me, might as well make it clean and worth while.

Then the fucking that guy of the group spoke up. Money got tight, so I would tell everyone bring stuff if theyd like when confirming before game. That guy would show up and say "Where the pizza? I'm starving!". The next week he was giving legit attitude about it, because "Its right around dinner time and I dont get food because you make me come here.". Legit argument, although fucking rude and easily fixed by, yoiu know, eating something, but whatever. We all agree we should just chip in and buy a party size pizza.

Was this good enough for him? No. He refused to pay up for it, saying he spends the gas to get here (we mathed it out. He spends an average of 14 cents on gas round trip.). He would literally take a good 8-10 peices and put it on his plate "so no one would snipe them from him.". We then agreed we would never get food unless he puts up the cash first or leaves the party.

Side story: Someone brought their own dinner once, wings and fries. He left to use the bathroom, came back, and we saw that guy had 2 thirds of it on his plate and said "oh I thought this was for everyone.". didnt ask, and even had to open the plastic bag under the players chair for it.

tl;dr- No. A fat fuck ruined it for everyone.
>>
I brought baked Cheese Curls and Diet Sierra Mist once,
No one was interested, I think one person drank a diet Sierra Mist.
>>
>>49519118
Little Caesars is the best franchise pizza because, while the taste is on par with other franchises, the pizzas are half the price.
>>
>>49519497
Why don't you just kick that dumb sack of shit out? Grow a fucking spine.
>>
>>49517376
>yum cha stuff

This is a white board. Please don't speak in Ebonics.
>>
>>49518528
It seems odd that the GM has to prepare for the game? Why?

When I GM'd, cooking was probably the easiest thing to prepare. I get the feeling that the real issue is that a lot of you don't know how to make meals for yourselves and others, like your parents never taught you. That's shameful.

>I've spent money on tiles and adventure books and such, if the 4 players split two pizzas and a 12pack of pop I see that as both monetarily and temporally fair.

That's not fair at all. You all should be splitting on the costs of the game.
>>
>>49519774
He's right, though: if you're inviting guests over to your house for hours, the least you can do is offer to provide them some food. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be inviting these people into your home.
>>
>drive over to anon's mom's house because he wants to gm a game and invited me because he can't drive even though he's 30
>show up
>"hey, can I have a glass of water"
>GOD YOU'RE SUCH AN ENTITLED FREELOADING FUCK I WORK HARD READING THINGS FROM A BOOK YOU ALL SHOULD BE SUCKING MY DICK
>>
>>49516410
>I provided the table with a shared bowl of peanuts
>I fed everyone

In your opinion, are these two statements equivalent?
>>
File: sticks.jpg (22KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
sticks.jpg
22KB, 640x426px
>>49499414
>As a GM do you provide food for your players?

Yeah, but only some basic snacks. Of course, people are free to bring along anything else that they might want to eat, so long as they won't disturb the game itself.

Thin slices of carrots and melons are actually a pretty big favourite at my games. Given the choice between nibbling on something healthy or a bag of chips, everyone in my group always goes for the fruits and veggies.

Which I don't mind at all, since I can usually get them pretty darn cheap where I live. Certainly cheaper than buying loads of chips and other pre-packaged snacks.

As long as folks are enjoying themselves, I don't mind spending 10-15 minutes and some coin to make snacks for our games.
>>
>>49520035
Not that anon, but "feed" means "to give food to."

If you say, "Yeah, I went to the zoo and I fed the monkeys" would you assume this means that I made a three course meal for every individual monkey there, or that I tossed a few peanuts to them?
>>
>>49499414
I do. Though what I get varies a lot because I like to ask them if they have any like special diet or allergies. And that often turns into basically asking everyone what they want to eat, and we agree on what take out to order.

Like, it's a bummer if you have trail mix and the guy with the nut allergy finds out he ain't gonna eat for five hours.
>>
>>49520080
>>49520120
>>49520130
You know we can see you, right?
>>
>>49519736
He's got a point
But in my experience usually me and my friend buy materials such as books and what not, because we're more interested in the game. And half the players are just looking for a good time. And "splitting the cost" of DnD is some obtuse sorcery beyond anyone's patience.
>>
File: 1408427502895.gif (2MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1408427502895.gif
2MB, 260x195px
>>49506079
>Oh, and I also have a beard. THAT is what it means to be a good GM.
>>
>>49511636
I'm not a fan of it because it doesn't agree with me. Maybe you lose a little focus but overall it usually make the time a little enjoyable though.
>>
>>49520236
He is a not-so-secret homosexual
>>
>>49517132
So if the party visits a brothel the DM is obliged to suck them all off under the table since it's his job to add atmosphere to the game. Gotcha.
>>
>>49520214
So you'll spend all this time and money on your game except when it comes to food, even though food is the easiest thing to prep and can add way more to your game than ambient music or lighting or other props? Why?
>>
>>49520385
Finally you get it.
>>
>>49520385
Thanks but no thanks senpai I can suck my own dick.
>>
>>49499414
We generally split the cost dinner (usually takeout from either a middle eastern, Chinese, or pizza place), but I buy the chips and soda. It's a few dollars more, I get to pick the flavors, and it's a small thanks for everybosy clearing a night for my game.
>>
>>49520385
>"take two minutes to prepare a cute little snack that ties into the game? i may as well SUCK THEIR DICKS"
>>
>>49520436
No no, you misunderstand, I merely said that I agree with the sentiment.
However, practically, I'm more than willing to shell out a few bucks if it makes the table happier. Hell I even went to the hosts house hours earlier to cook up some pancakes for the everyone.
But food doesn't always come as easy as number management, mind you, and I wouldn't chastise someone who lacked the ability to cook. They could still buy something from the store though.
>>
>>49520553
>and I wouldn't chastise someone who lacked the ability to cook
Being able to cook is a basic skill every adult human being in the world possesses. If you can't cook, then you are not an adult. You are a manchild.

And as you've pointed out, even a manchild you pick something up at the store (provided Mom is willing to drive that day).
>>
My crew spits pizza, i have all the 5th edition books, and we all bring weed
>>
>>49499414
I just hosted the last cookout of the season for my players.
Made smoked salmon, 3 different london broil roasts (one that was beer marinaded, one that was bourbon honey marinated, one that had a dry rub of pepper and spices),bbq chicken, burgers seasoned rice, baked beans with honey and onions, a huge pot of veggies in a cheesy sauce, grilled corn on the cob, cornbread, wrapped it up with a molten lava fudge cake and homemade apple crisp.
Who am I?
I'm the cook.
>one of the players brought a brick of cigars
>another brought a case of beer
>another player brought 2 cases of beer
>another brought 3 bottles of wine
>>
>>49520592
Within reason, yes it is a basic skill, pancakes and pasta are simple foods, and I should hope that most people learn how to boil water.
What I meant was cooking food that actually requires attention, steak, for example, is fairly simple but to properly cook does require some experience. Eggs, believe it or not, also should be given a decent amount of effort to cook, or you might as well eat styrofoam.

(Although any man worth his salt knows a good steak and how to cook one.)
>>
>>49520682
>I'm the cuck.
At least this one admits it.
>>
>>49519933
A host should do that, sure. A GM shouldn't necessarily. If one guy is regularly providing the venue then it's entitled and dickish for everyone else to expect him to provide everything else too.
>>
>>49520077
It's almost as if context changes when we're talking about humans as opposed to animals.
>>
>>49520500
"Cute little snack"? We've had people itt talking about home made sushi, venison dinners and being expected to provide each player with a whole pizza and 12 sodas on a weekly basis.
>>
File: 100_2662.jpg (748KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
100_2662.jpg
748KB, 2592x1944px
>>49520553
Group Sounds awesome dude
>>
>>49499414
Food has been the most difficult thing to deal with in game group history.

>We'd order pizza, and we'd all chip in.
>Then League of Legends happened
>players (I'm ForeverGM) and their poor impulse control spent $50 a month on Riot Points.
>Suddenly nobody can afford pizza.
>Complain if I don't feed them.
>Complain if I don't give them alcohol either.
>GTFO! I can get a new group with girls in it!

>New group is me, GF (met through RPGs), a veteran player who has her shit together, and a brother-sister combo.
>I pick up pizza because I'm bumming off of my parents' Costco membership.
>2 pizzas ~ $20. 5 people.
>Don't make GF pay because we game at her place and she provides drinks
>$5 per person. I'm K with spending only $5 on myself to eat.
>Veteran player knows how to chip in for pizza.
>The brother-sister combo is poor.
>Ugh... I'm stuck with the bill
>The brother brings a couple bottles of homemade lemonade in lieu of chipping in for pizza.
>I'm perfectly fine with covering for that. He made cookie cats!
>The sister merely replies "I don't have money," or "but he brought something."
>New policy: everyone eats before game night.
>GF and I make food
>The sister forgot to eat. Steals our food.
>I'm still hungry.

Pic related.
I made a shit ton of hard tack and that's the rations for anyone who didn't feed themselves before game night.
>>
>>49520651
It's bad manners to spit food.
>>
File: montoya.jpg (117KB, 1600x871px) Image search: [Google]
montoya.jpg
117KB, 1600x871px
>>49520803
>>
>>49499414
My players usually buy the pizza themselves, or whatever food we all agree on that day.

I did, however, promise my players that I would one day cook for them as a Christmas present, so they're waiting on that too.
>>
>>49521047
Anon, don't give the cuck samefag (you)s.
I explicitly ignored him for that reason, I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>49521045
get with the times grandpa, he means his group "spits pizza", like spitting rhymes only better.
>>
I don't provide food for the players, they often are the ones supplying snacks like beef jerky, veggie platters, chips, hummus and crackers and other things.

I provide the gaming place, which is a meeting room at my work that I have filled with my RPG books and stuff and I also supply some gaming peripherals since I have a 17x11 full bleed colour printer for printing battlemaps and stuff.

I guess the only foodstuff I provide is always making sure the fridge is full of bottled water for everyone.
>>
File: cheeboigy.jpg (82KB, 813x544px) Image search: [Google]
cheeboigy.jpg
82KB, 813x544px
>>49499414
What's with all of the food threads here lately?

Also, mine can have pic related.
>>
usually not but, that was more no one in my current group is usually hungry as its later at night. If im hosting a session at my place I try to always cook a hefty meal that feeds a lot of people though because frankly, I like cooking.
>>
>>49499414
If I'm hosting, yes, if we're at some burger joint we all chip in some cash to cover the GM cause it takes more work. (Usually me, but sometimes my one friend.)
>>
>>49506079

We're all so very glad that your girlfriend helps you play as well as your wife's son. You must be so proud that after 20 years it only takes the help of one extra person for you to approach the level of competence of a child.

BTW "I've been DMing for the past 20 years" "I've been GMing for about 15 years" derpa derpa derpa duhhh
>>
A GM is already doing all of the work running the game.
Why should he have to feed everyone too?
>>
>>49506181
literally a cunt , fuck him next time he asks you to buy to guilt you don't buy diet and tell him he's a grown man and he should act like one and not a petty teenager
>>
>>49499414
Yes. it's my house and I'll be damned if I'm not a good host to my best friends.

this isn't to say that they don't provide food, soda or booze though. They'll be damned if they aren't the best guests possible, and boy do they show up.
>>
Yes actually, and I normally cook the food myself. I like to incentivize my players when they come over, not only just to play a fun game but also to have some tasty food.

I usually do home made spaghetti, because it's easy to cook, it feeds a lot of people, and it's relatively inexpensive
>>
My DM is also my LGS owner so we close the shop and all put up a fiver for 2 large pizzas and we get the half and half pizzas so everyone is happy and we buy our own drink from the off-license down the road, works out perfectly since he doesnt mind food in the shop from outside as long as you clean up after
>>
>>49499414
I work as a chef and enjoy cooking, so when I run games and invite people over I always try to fix up something tasty for everybody. Sometimes I'll keep it simple, but I like going all out when I have the chance.

This last weekend I whipped up a lasagna with some breaded chicken parmigiana with a pesto-sauce. I also made some breadsticks and had a veggie and fruit sampler. For desert I made a tiramisu that was pretty kickass if I do say so myself.

The weekend before I kept it simple and just made big bowls of katusdon for everybody. We have a couple of weebs in our group who practically jump over the moon whenever I make anything Japanese, so I try to make something weeby once every month or so.

This next weekend I'm planning to make some pork and chicken fajitas. I'll make some guacamole and then use the jalapenos I have growing out on my balcony to whip up some salsa verde. Only problem with salsas is we have some manly men who complain if it's not spicy enough and some little babies who cry if it's too spicy, so I usually have to make two different kinds, plus some chile con queso to make sure everybody is happy.
>>
>Fuck if I'm going to be a decent person to my friends
huh....
>>
>>49521016
How dare people invite others to their home to eat! They may as well perform fellatio, because that's exactly the same thing as treating your guests to a dinner.

And a whole pizza and a case of sodas on a weekly basis? Oh no, that might cost less than a hundred bucks a month to be a responsible host! Better tell them to go outside and drink from the hose.

I mean, you guys wonder why people in your groups are total dicks. It's because you treat them like dicks. Showing zero hospitality towards guests is a fucking disgrace. You should all feel ashamed.
>>
>>49521868
My group is great, none act like dicks. Anyone who wants food chips in an equal share (relative to number of people who want food). There is also one player who always brings at least some snacks to share.

However, nobody is responsible to feed anybody, and even the snack guy could choose not to allow anyone else to have anything he brought if they want. Fuck this entitlement.
>>
>>49521868
Cool, what was your address again? I'm coming over right now and I expect you to be a gracious host. FYI I'll have the white wine, this time chilled to 4 degrees like its supposed to be, you barbarian. Sea bass or bream are both fine, surprise me, I really don't care which. I found the cheese platter half-assed and utterly derivative last time so for your sake I suggest cheesecake or a shuffle for dessert. After we eat and you let me win the roleplay I think I'll have a quick bath (candles, essential oils, scattered rose petals) after which I'll have a quick go on your wife. Remind her that I prefer her to wear the garter belt without suspenders but she should already know that from last time. Actually, scratch the address, just come pick me up from my place, my mom doesn't feel like driving tonight. 9pm sharp is ok for me. I hope I can count on you to be a GOOD HOST.
>>
>>49522332
Souffle*

Oh, the indignity. I'll be borrowing your phone from now on too, by the way, the autocorrect on this one is simply unbearable.
>>
>>49499414
Back when I was in college, everyone usually brought their own food and/or drinks. However, there have been times when everyone in the group pitched together to make food for everyone. Other times, because I like cooking and I grew up in a big family, I end up making too much and I'm happy to share it with the group.
>>
>>49511857
What did the chili do? WHAT DID IT DO
>>
>>49516113
>like a man should.
Sounds more like a housewife.
>>
>>49499414
My players buy me dinner. They're pretty awesome like that.
>>
File: home life.jpg (122KB, 556x736px) Image search: [Google]
home life.jpg
122KB, 556x736px
>>49522861
Got something against house husbands, anon?
>>
>>49499414
We have a party fund. Its just an old pickle jar, and its become a habit of my players to put a few dollars in each session. Between the 6 of us, it pays for food/drinks/snacks etc.
>>
>>49522861
not the anon you responded to but
The Lord, not the Lady, was disgraced if he could not provide for his guests. You are simply lazy and hide behind a false notion of manliness to shift the responsibility off of yourself.
>>
File: bacon.purity.seals.jpg (407KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
bacon.purity.seals.jpg
407KB, 1728x1152px
>>49521139
>What's with all of the food threads here lately?

These pop up in waves every so often: there's the old meatbread threads and epic meal time inspired gaming food threads.

I think they're popular because they sometimes give a comfy views of other anon's gaming/fellowships. And some anons like to swap recipes.
>>
>>49519497
Should have told the faggot to stop by JNB on the way there. 2 bucks, 4 tacos. If you can't afford that you're gonna be a hobo
>>
I think the 4th edition D&D PHB states that it's good form to give your DM free pizza.
>>
what is with gamers and hummus and craft beer?
>guy brings tiny hummus
>1 dip , no one else eats hummus, goes to waste
>craft beer samplers
>drinks half a beer leaves the rest
>fridge fills up with shitty beer no one drinks after 2 gaming sessions

is it a image thing? sophistication?
>>
>>49524883
Some people are convinced taste isn't subjective.

"I like it so everyone else has to like it, they're just too dumb to realize it"
>>
>>49522943
Who still has physical money in this day and age?
>>
>>49524995
Europeans
>>
>>49525041
I guess Scandinavia doesn't count as Europe, then, because I'm Danish and my girlfriend is Swedish, and we barely ever handle physical money anymore. Anything that doesn't accept credit/debit card will let you transfer the money via smart phone app.
>>
>>49506079
and a copypasta is born
>>
>>49525092
I was going to make an exception for you guys, but that anon is obviously American and only knows Scandinavia from cuck memes and spurdo. Also, how do you do your illicit transactions without chash?
>>
>>49525141
Well, cash still exists. I just happen not to need it for anything
But I wouldn't be surprised if 60% (or more) of all cash transactions were related to some sort of illicit activity.

I know a local pizza guy and he gets paid in cash, if you catch my tax-free drift.
>>
>>49499414
No.
>>
>>49524995
I do.

Easier when you grab a croissant and a coffee in the morning
>>
File: D&D party.jpg (106KB, 404x226px) Image search: [Google]
D&D party.jpg
106KB, 404x226px
>>49499414

>3 Pizzas
>Hearty plate of nachos
>2 bags of plain chips
>1 personal sized dipping container

>1 personal sized dipping container

I'm confused now, is this all for you or did you not buy enough dip for everyone
>>
Is cook every time if I could, but it's not worth it to try. My group is mostly fine, but I have one guy who's allergic to everything, and I have another who's diet consists of only chicken tenders, chips, pre-packaged cookies, and diet cherry coke.
>>
>>49524883
I have no idea if any of my friends like hummus, but most of them can appreciate a good craft beer. I usually get a variety so even folks that aren't into the fancier stuff can have something that they can compare to a yuengling or a Heineken
>>
>>49515046
Heh, it does sound like that. But no, it was more of a "I'm going off to college, can I please try something that isn't DnD? I'll run it."

I was a little more hyped about Slipstream but they wanted to do Deadlands, and I wasn't opposed (gave them the option of Slipstream, Deadlands, and 50 Fathoms)..
>>
>>49520269
They guys I played with it wasn't a little focus. It took the entire night to go from point A into a swamp and to get mostly through combat (had to handwave the end of it).

One of the guys even invited more people inside and was dealing, and decided to smoke with them on the side.
>>
>>49499471

The other shitposter made it sound ridiculous but he's not wrong in the way that the DM is not "providing the game". It's a collaborative experience, everyone is providing the game together. A GM can't run shit without players, and players can't play without a GM.
>>
Little Caesars isn't that cheap anymore
Dominos is much better than it used to be
Papa John's is still shit in all apsects
Papa Murphy's is shit as is all take-n-bake

Costco pizza is the last hope.
>>
>>49499532
This is also what I do. Except for the weed part. That shit's for degenerates.
>>
I'm on a really tight budget and I work 10 hour days, 6 days a week at my job, so I only have Saturdays off.

That said I usually try and cook something for my guests, maybe it's how I was raised, but it's just polite.

Most of the time it's soup, because it's cheap and there are so many recipes that it's hard to get board. Sometimes I'll make pizza if I have time to make the dough. Other times it's just snack things, like cookies or pretzels.

Whatever I feel like cooking that week.

My players usually bring drinks over to my house, sometimes alcohol. I don't normally drink because I feel bad taking a guest's food, but sometimes they almost force me to.

Drunken games are usually best run in a rules light system.
>>
File: 1381028120854.png (95KB, 444x406px) Image search: [Google]
1381028120854.png
95KB, 444x406px
>>49506079
Trying way too hard/10. Enjoy your (You)s.
>>
>>49516227
My wood burning pizza grill is like 800 degrees when I start the first pie.

Pizza, at least thin pizza, needs stratospheric temps and short cook times.
>>
>>49527183
You know how easy it is to find players?
Particularly when you own all the books?

Have you ever volunteered to GM anything?

Players are a dime a dozen.
>>
I play online. I'm not going to pay to have food delivered two 5 different places.
>>
GM in relation to ttrpgs is godmode (aka player breaking the system)
DM is dungeon Master, aka the guy that sets the game up and plays as the npcs.

Everyone who has used GM in this thread is retarded.
>>
>>49528283
>playing only D&D
>calling others retarded
>>
>>49528283
GM is game master. As in the walmart brand of dungeon master.
>>
>>49528311
To be honest, the only games I've played were gurps based with house rules.

That is, I haven't touched dnd as a ttrpg at all.
>>
>>49527951
this
>>
>>49515446
That's the Haitian special, mixed with a little mud and baked
>>
>>49528283
>>49528458
Except for when your campaign has no dungeon in it and thus dungeon master is a misnomer
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>49530385
A game with out dungeons is like a tree with out branches.
>>
File: hkfldshfh.jpg (25KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
hkfldshfh.jpg
25KB, 500x469px
>>49530385
I was agreeing with you dipshit. GM as in A game master. As in you're not playing dungeons and dragons.
>>
File: FUNFETTI.png (81KB, 213x344px) Image search: [Google]
FUNFETTI.png
81KB, 213x344px
>>
>>49499414
I, the DM, or another player usually bring beer. The players supply random snacks and stuff, then we usually just get take out or make something and split the cost. Having your group be your best friends is pretty great cause it makes things easy cause we all know what everybody else wants. When we go out it's either the local pizza places, wings, Chinese food, or Chick-fil-a. They have like catering platters of mini chicken sandwiches where you can get like 90 or something for like 60 bucks, I don't remember the exact pricing, but it's not much and it leaves us with a fuckload of food.
>>
>>49530461
I don't play dnd and I still do not recognize gm as valid. The person in charge of game mechanics is a DM. no if ands or buts.
>>
>>49499414
I might have snacks and drinks to share, but we all get our own lunch. Then again we always play at university.
>>
>>49499414
I'm the DM. We play at my place. The group, 99% of the time, go back to the same pub during an adventure. During this time, we do just in character bar RP while I cook. Food is then consumed, and we carry on. It's good fun. They take the time to come out to my place, so they get fed. My grandmother would hunt me down and belt me (or make me pick my switch) if I didn't provide for my company.
>>
>>49531085
What if I run oWoD?
>>
>>49524883
I eat like 2 tubs of hummus a week, can't imagine having it go to waste.
>>
Usually the hosts will make a bit extra for dinner and share with the party, sometimes the GM or another player will want to make something special and use the host's kitchen while bringing the ingredients themselves. A couple of times we've gone to other people's houses for the game and usually split pizza costs
>>
>>49527183
>>49506079
You faggots are like tumblrinas getting triggered over fucking phrasing. DM's do the lion's share of the work in a game. Pull the sand out of your manginas and deal with it.
>>
File: download_20160428_131115.png (288KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
download_20160428_131115.png
288KB, 1500x1000px
>>49514223
Plutomovedon dot com

We do "seasons," where it's a short campaign of a different game

So far:
Shadowrun
Edge of the Empire
Feng Shui 2
Dungeon World (current)
Paranoia
Fiasco
Everyone is John

Upcoming:
Apocalypse World
World Wide Wresting
Kobolds Ate My Baby
Dark Heresy
Joints and Jivers
Engine Heart

We also have YouTube and a few other different podcast topics, but those aren't /tg/
>>
File: Screenshot_20160927-135939~2.png (90KB, 1080x555px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160927-135939~2.png
90KB, 1080x555px
>>49506079
Thank (you) for the new pasta
>>
>>49499471
I read that as "If I'm providing the dick"
>>
We usually either eat out before and after the session because every time the host or GM tries to cook, someone is unhappy.

>One-time host makes homemade corn dip
>Why can't we have normal cheese dip. This is nasty and tastes like corn.

>DM provides homemade beef lasagna
>Why can't we just have chicken instead of fancy Roman food? It's not even good. Can we just get chicken next time?

>DM tries again, and makes bbq chicken legs
>These are so messy! The only good kind of chicken is fried chicken. These are slimy. Are they even cooked right? I don't want salmonella!

>I take note and cook chicken tenders for the one guy and everyone else eats my salmon
>Why am I the only guy who doesn't get something interesting?

>Host (and then everyone else) makes everyone pizza rolls
>Actually no complaints until
>That guy mentions that this is the third session in a row we've had pizza rolls or chicken tenders

>I tell people to bring their own food because I dont have time to get anything
>Guy brings nothing and complains that there's nothing to eat while eating a third of the food.
>>
>>49521529

I love you anon can I play Dongs & Drags w/ you?
>>
>>49499414
General rule of wrist, the host doesn't need to provide food. And my group rotates hosts.
>>
I say it depends on the host.

I rarely invite players to my house due to having a family to respect and limited space. But when I do invite, I invite with the intention of creating a experience, not just a game-night. I have already fixed snacks and cold beverage. I have already sliced up a pizza for a pre-game fast food. And I have already set up a game, ready to hit the table as soon as we are ready to go.

The worst thing I can think of when joining a game is un-prepared players. Players that show up not having a finished list for 40k. Players that hasn't had anything to eat, yet show up last and then decides to order something. Players that hasn't pre-set the game in time, and so on.
Generally I dislike it when people waste my time as if it was their own.
>>
I used to when we had games at my place, but since I now have to drag my ass half way across town just to get there I just buy myself a bagel or something
>>
>>>49521529
>I love you anon can I play Dongs & Drags w/ you?

Is that the gay nightclub version
>>
>>49499414
I don't DM but I host everything from EDH to Board Game nights.

I usually supply the food, I've kinda dropped hints that maybe someone else should handle food but they're pretty autistic (unsurprisingly) so no go.
>>
>>49533285
Coolio. I'll check you guys out, I prefer podcasts to radio on drive to/from work. Are you guys entertaining or all boring?
>>
>>49499414

Ah, another of these threads! Wonderful!

I'm thinking of making some dessert pastries for them, sure.
>>
>All these people cooking meals before the game
How do you guys do it? Do you just spend weekends away from family to be with your game group? I play during the week and I wouldn't have time to cook between work and the game.
>>
File: 1398796139286.jpg (45KB, 315x308px) Image search: [Google]
1398796139286.jpg
45KB, 315x308px
>Group ALWAYS orders pizza
>Pizza gives me horrible gassy shits and unbearable heartburn
>Always pitch in for the pizza and pretend to eat it (usually just dump it in the trash)
>Eat premade sandwiches in the bathroom
>>
>>49540411
Would you say this secret is eating you up inside?
I think you should just bite the bullet and spill your guts.
>>
>>49540305
I won't feel offended if you skip the first season. It's not the best. Maybe throw in a couple "Deep Thoughts" to see how you like those. Second season onward is definitely better though
>>
Fuck those assholes. If I were to cook for them, i'd jerk off in it and let them eat it.

Actually, now i am motivated. I guess i'll be feeding them at this Friday's session. A little naval fare since it'll be loaded with semen.
>>
>>49543001
Prove it fag.
>>
>>49499414

If you brought that slop to the game I'd quit.
>>
The only time I played a pen and paper we'd all take a break about 2h in and go to either one of the fast food places near the GMs house
>>
>>49543016

You're invited to taste test.
>>
>>49543551
Sorry I'm allergic to nuts
>>
>>49527183
DMing takes a lot more effort. Plain and simple.
>>
>>49499414
I've never been in or met a group where someone provides food for the entire party. Every man for himself is the norm here.
>>
>>49499414
The host is expected to provide food. Since the GM is usually the one that hosts, that means the GM is usually expected to provide for his guests.
>>
If someone invites you to their home to spend hours there, yes, they should provide you with food and drink. Otherwise, they are not a responsible adult.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.