[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 63

File: Biohazard.png (2MB, 1194x809px) Image search: [Google]
Biohazard.png
2MB, 1194x809px
Contaminated Edition

OFFICIAL BOOKS
>Eclipse Phase PDFs
http://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>X-Risks and After The Fall
https://mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q

PLAY AIDS:
>10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>Advice for new players and GMs
http://pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>Online character creator
http://eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
https://sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>Package Character Creator
https://firewallagency.wordpress.com/

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
http://awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
http://www.aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
http://eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>Seedware: Another Yearblog
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware%20Blog.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread: >>49405350
>>
File: scientific american.png (361KB, 400x528px) Image search: [Google]
scientific american.png
361KB, 400x528px
>>
File: JovianRatesTheUltimates.jpg (134KB, 753x960px) Image search: [Google]
JovianRatesTheUltimates.jpg
134KB, 753x960px
>>49495599
>>
Are there any games running willing to take on a new player? I've got experience with the game.
>>
>>49495636
What's this meme about?
>>
I'm thinking of running a game called "the Scavengers of Souls". The PCs are non-Firewall types who prowl amongst the debris of Earth orbit, searching the orbital wreckage of the Fall for bodies that still have their cortical stacks. They retrieve the stacks and bring them back to a Lunar NGO that stores them until those egos can be reinstantiated. Of course, they also do legitimate salvage as well -- after all, the bills still have to be paid.

Any suggestions on what should/could be a part of such a campaign?
>>
>>49496056
me
>>
File: Sniper Loli.png (843KB, 1279x718px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper Loli.png
843KB, 1279x718px
So. I'm starting a campaign, not my first but hopefully my first complete one. Today's session was about character gen. It went something like this:

One of the characters is an infomorph hacker, re-instated.

One of our guys is from Russia. He's new to the system so he's using the character creation packages. He came up with maybe 7 characters, all randomly. The ones I remember were a hyperelite on earth who was killed (not by TITANs) with his highest skills being social and medical. The Irony is that his morph was a fury. Then there was the indenture that had a fuckton of money, supported the system that enslaved him, has a drug problem went through the pandora gate, met Firewall by running into them during a mission, and is in a Novacrab... I have a house rule that characters with a in-depth backstory gets one free moxie that they can only use once. I told him that if he could string all that into a believable backstory I'd give him 2. Then a scientist in a guard morph, someone made a terminator pun so we convinced him to to name his character Arnold and make him Austrian. In the end he made an engineer in a menton, but kept the theme by being a German named Arny.

Next up was out sniper, a guy from the UK. He originally was going to go with an olympian but we convinced him to go with a neotenic as it was cheaper (800 cp max). He posted the picture you see here as an example. Then he found out about bio-sculpting and realized he could make a sniper loli catgirl. We all laughed and told him to FUCKEN DO EET!

Our next two were an async built for stealth/combat and a face sleeved into a shaper. Not a lot to say about them. MOur 6th didn't show up for the skype call, so I guess he's pidgin-holed into whatever role he gets.
>>
>>49496056
Check out the homebrew section link in the OP. There's a scenario in there called Where the Heavens Meet the Earth, in which the players go down to Earth to retrieve some stuff for an employer. You could tweak it so that they're sent to find a specific person's stack or backup. It could be a very rich person's loved one or some genuinely important pre-Fall scientist or g-man, depending on what your players' motivations are.

It should probably serve as the culmination of your campaign, since a trip to Earth is in no way a common occurrence and even getting down there is a major op in itself. As to why a bunch of orbital scavengers would be hired to visit TITAN country, I'd imagine there aren't all that many people with the vocation of "Ego Scavenger", so you can just play the "I need people with specific talents" card.

If they survive and your players want to keep the campaign going, you could further use it as a tie-in to the Reclaimer movement operating near and around Earth.
>>
File: lunainfection.png (1MB, 627x1589px) Image search: [Google]
lunainfection.png
1MB, 627x1589px
>>
>>49495729
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/57493/eclipse-phase-noobs-welcome-and-encouraged
>>
File: Infection Scanner.png (1MB, 562x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Infection Scanner.png
1MB, 562x1544px
>>
File: ExsurgentInfection.png (1MB, 595x1545px) Image search: [Google]
ExsurgentInfection.png
1MB, 595x1545px
>>
>>49499328
What is going on with the green lady, is she an infomorph or is this a cameleon cloak or what in the fuck
>>
>>49500188

Honestly, no idea.
>>
File: cat4_by_sashafranz-d9ntanu.jpg (158KB, 900x1699px) Image search: [Google]
cat4_by_sashafranz-d9ntanu.jpg
158KB, 900x1699px
So, what kind of stats would this morph have?
>>
File: Echelon.jpg (26KB, 618x768px) Image search: [Google]
Echelon.jpg
26KB, 618x768px
>>
>>49501315
Can't really tell anything about it besides the weird legs. Maybe a faster run movement rate?

There could be a huge amount of gear hiding below the surface, but biomorphs are hard to identify with just a surface look. Could be a splicer to fast Fury.
>>
Hypercorps are all about expansion and cornering any market they're in, but with the inner system markets pretty much sorted out, they've got little room left to expand. Barring a major shift in the power balance, of course. So what's outside is nothingness, old jovian economy which won't let them in and the non-extropian autonomists...who...pretty much let anyone in?

>but anon, theey hate corps and their economic system is fucked

Well it's still a market. If autonomists would accept infugees on their hab, why not a sales rep? Even better, send them infugees that are your sales reps. If they defect, their useless refugee asses are now the bleeding heart lefties' problem.

And if they don't, they start selling them the trinkets and shit.

So what can a hypercorp sell in a rep economy? Nothing lol. Because there's no money.

But it(or rather the sales rep)could gain rep by not being an asshole and acting socially responsible. And rep is basically currency. You can even convert it to credit on Luna, lol.

Of course there's the problem of what exactly they would do to gain rep from people who literally worship marx. It's actually pretty simple. Handouts, services, know-how. Basically charity work. No high-end shit or advice, basic blueprints, software patches, starter kits, customer service. Customer service for anyone who uses the corp's IP. It's higher quality than ancom self-help bullshit for sure. So they'll eat it up. And since they'd steal it anyway, why not get some rep for the trouble? Then you can use it to gain leverage in their habitat, or use lunar financial magic to turn it into real money. So the corp basically receives money for being nice to people, which is what the devs' wet dream of an economy is basically all about.
>>
>>49501315
It's a bouncer
>>
>>49504752
>If the indentures you paid good money for defect you shouldn't care
lolwut?
>sell trinkets to the autonomists
How? They'll just fab that shit.
>Customer service for anyone who is using a jailbroken, heavily modified copy of your shit
They're probably just going to check stackexchange
>Corporations provide better customer service than some guy on the internet
I suppose it is a fictional setting, but this is stretching my suspension of disbelief
>>
>>49504752
Cool story Brahman.
>>
>>49505006
Yes, provided the profit made with turning rep gained for charity into credit with lunar bank magic outweighs the total cost, including loss from one-time investments into defectors.

>How? They'll just fab that shit.
Sorry, i meant trinkets figuratively. Trinkets=just being nice to the anarchists.

>>49505006
Yes, provided the profit made with turning rep gained for charity into credit with lunar bank magic outweighs the total cost, including loss from one-time investments into defectors.

>How? They'll just fab that shit.
Sorry, i meant trinkets figuratively. Trinkets=just being nice to the anarchists.

Though I guess you could give them blueprints of some of your last season shit for free and that'd already entitle you to a rep ping from anyone who takes it? The hypercorps make new shit all the time so what's the problem with giving away the outdated stuff as open source?

>They're probably just going to check stackexchange
Sure, if they think that the bootlegger, whose halfass job gave them the problem in the first place, provides better user support than the company that actually made that shit he based his hack job on.

Which is also why bootlegs quickly killed capitalism in the 1990s when China took off with its People's Bootleg Collectives.
>>
>>49505417
>Yes, provided the profit made with turning rep gained for charity into credit with lunar bank magic outweighs the total cost, including loss from one-time investments into defectors.
Why would a defecting indenture give any rep at all to the corp?

>Sure, if they think that the bootlegger, whose halfass job gave them the problem in the first place, provides better user support than the company that actually made that shit he based his hack job on.
Have you ever called a customer support line before?

>Which is also why bootlegs quickly killed capitalism in the 1990s when China took off with its People's Bootleg Collectives.
There's tons of free software that has squeezed out previous commercial software. In a future with fabbers, why would physical objects be any different?
>>
>>49504752
Ah but you see, this'll never be in canon since the devs can't imagine a capitalist who isn't a greybeard conservative suit.
>>
>>49505475
>Why would a defecting indenture give any rep at all to the corp?
Of course the ones defecting would be a net loss, but you seem to be working on an assumption that every single hypercorp sales representative would defect to the anarchists.

>Have you ever called a customer support line before?
Just because modern customer service mostly sucks doesn't mean it has to be that way forever and no one can do it right. Or is there some rule that says all user support must be shit?

>There's tons of free software that has squeezed out previous commercial software. In a future with fabbers, why would physical objects be any different?
I guess they would for the same reason there's still plenty of commercial software around, and it doesn't look like its producers are going out of business anytime soon.
>>
>>49505970
>you seem to be working on an assumption that every single hypercorp sales representative would defect to the anarchists.
You specified indentures. Can you provide a single reason that an indenture wouldn't defect given such a chance?
>>
>>49505990
>Can you provide a single reason that an indenture wouldn't defect given such a chance?
How about this: they are given an incentive for staying on the corp's leash that has a perceived value(from the indenture's perspective)higher than that of joining an anarchist collective?
>>
>>49506099
Such as?
>>
>>49506131
Credits? Options? A premium morph? Travel-while-working-for-us lifestyle? Resettlement of you and your resleeved family in a gated community in the PC polity of your choice, with all your needs taken care of? Joining the hypercorp? Anything the fuck you want, as long as you're turning in profit?
>>
File: marscrete.jpg (40KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
marscrete.jpg
40KB, 1200x900px
Sidewalks, cheap buildings, and foundations on Mars are made out of this stuff. How do you feel about that?
>>
>>49506224
I'm not sure you really understand the concept of indenture. With what you're talking about you would be better off using a (legally) free employee since they have no up-front cost and the indenture would provide no benefit in this situation.

However, I would assert that actually sending employees there would be pretty pointless as you would have much better ROI from just releasing service guides and old blueprints for free on the net.
>>
>>49506294
>I would assert that actually sending employees there would be pretty pointless as you would have much better ROI from just releasing service guides and old blueprints for free on the net.
You're definitely right about that being more efficient, though I'm unsure if a corp would be recognized by anarchists if it used a single rep account, since, being not really governed by any law, anarchists have zero reasons to recognize legal entities. Having representatives was meant to circumvent that, so their rep accounts would be shell accounts for the hypercorp's activity. But if they're gonna be retarded enough to have the corp be able to accumulate rep from all the autonomist habs it operates on, sure that's even better for the corp.
>>
>>49506237

What is it?
>>
>>49506484
50% sulfur, 50% martian soil with a maximum aggregate size of 1mm.
>>
>>49506456
But if you use a sales rep they magically become stupid and don't care about the exact same thing happening?
>>
>>49506294
It's a contract where you sell your labor for a period of time via an unbreakable contract.
>>
>>49506500
Well, for one the sales rep's account is, strictly speaking, their reputation, not the corp's. From a new economy perspective, the person is using their reputation on behalf of the corp. So if the corp brought in a new sales rep, they would have to basically start from scratch.

The sales rep also acts as a sort of guarantor of the corp's good conduct. The anarchists can't really get back at the corp if they get fucked over in a deal. But they could lynch its sales representative.
>>
>>49506491
>50% sulfur
Holy shit where are you supposed to get that much sulfur on Mars?

>>49506570
>unbreakable contract.
No such thing, hence GSPs and other shittery.
>>
File: Screencap.jpg (179KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screencap.jpg
179KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: Gatecrashing.jpg (245KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
Gatecrashing.jpg
245KB, 1300x867px
>>49506606
or they could forcibly send the sales rep away, or not accept them whatsoever, thus foiling the deviously simple corporate plot. Besides, its really obvious where the real expansion market is.
>>
>>49506606
That's bullshit weaseling and absolutely everyone would see it. With no centralized legal structure to bribe for loopholes, you're left with precisely the same obstacles as you would without a sales rep.

Plus, businesses have independent rep scores. Check out the traits in Transhuman.
>>
>>49506606
>The anarchists can't really get back at the corp if they get fucked over in a deal.
They can ding its rep
The rep sword cuts both ways.
>>
Highly relevant link

>https://childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/2016/04/29/misconceptions-about-space-warfare/
>>
>>49506682
It's not really a plot, I'm just thinking of a way for hypercorps to make a profit off usage of its IP that's gonna happen anyway.

>>49506690
I suppose you're right, but I think that could be circumvented. Though I don't really want to carry that idea on. I wasn't aware of it being estabilished that a business has a separate rep score even when it's anarchist.

>>49506711
You're right, I didn't think of that lol.

So given all that, what's stopping a hypercorp from making an @-rep account and just flooding anarchist mesh with opensourced out-of-date merchandise for some free rep?
>>
>>49506924
>So given all that, what's stopping a hypercorp from making an @-rep account and just flooding anarchist mesh with opensourced out-of-date merchandise for some free rep?
Other corps, probably.
>>
File: [Angry Machine God Noises].png (1MB, 1191x755px) Image search: [Google]
[Angry Machine God Noises].png
1MB, 1191x755px
>>
>>49506987
Then how would they do it? It's not like they can stop it from just posting the blueprints on the part of mesh they don't control, right?
>>
>>49506608
All over the fucking place. There's fucktons of it.
>>
>>49496360
>we convinced him to go with a neotenic
Friends don't make friends play lolis.
>>
>>49496360
Why not a Neotenic Olympian?
>>
>>49506924
>So given all that, what's stopping a hypercorp from making an @-rep account and just flooding anarchist mesh with opensourced out-of-date merchandise for some free rep?
Mostly the fact that the anarchists already stole that merch ages ago, and as such it's already available.
>>
>>49507831

Yeah, this. Pirates, hackers and open source advocates spend a lot of that Autonomist free time cracking every blueprint or soft that comes out of a hypercorp day 1. Hell, some of them do it day 0.
>>
File: Sentinels 2.png (1MB, 1193x771px) Image search: [Google]
Sentinels 2.png
1MB, 1193x771px
>>
>>49496759
That looks useful -- thanks for the tip.
>>
>>49507789
If they existed my group would play nothing else. Except Dave, Dave will always be a space whale. Fucking Dave.
>>
>>49510092
They do exist. Apply Reduced Size and Social Stigma (Neotenic) to any normal biomorph without negative traits, as per Morph Variant rules. You now have a neotenic version of that morph for 20CP less than the normal version.
>>
>>49510131
This is a flat upgrade over the base neotenic, short of 1 initiative, and it costs 5 less CP.
This system seems built to be broken.
>>
>>49510572
The prices they set are pretty awful for lots of stuff anyway. At only 10CP (10,000 credits), it makes sense why someone would go for a baseline Neotenic Exalt. This isn't really the case when it's 30CP.
>>
So, why would anyone use flayer rounds over biter?
>>
>>49511005
For when you absolutely, positively have to do more than +1 DV.
Seriously though, I assume they're for NPCs.
>>
>>49511135
+2 actually. Apparently there's a house rule somewhere that says flayers can be combined with other types.
>>
>>49511005
They do a bit more damage than biters against fractals and maybe factors. Not really worth in that case though.
>>
File: Prosperity Group.jpg (195KB, 700x830px) Image search: [Google]
Prosperity Group.jpg
195KB, 700x830px
>>
>>49510131
>>49510572
>>49510834
>humanoid neotenic pod
>0 CP

Hmm.
>>
>>49513158

I'm not sure Neoteny applies to Pods given how they are made.
>>
>>49513238
Pods can be customized as easily as any other morph, it's just a matter of tweaking the inputs on multiple parts rather than one.
>>
>>49513238
>>49513348
Hell, with the Pods' already diminished growth times, a neotenic Pod could be functional even sooner. Maybe. Maybe not. But just think of how much quicker you could pump out your secretaries and janitors and and other such Pod-job morphs for your hypercorp!

It would take reconfiguring multiple tissue-growth tanks, admittedly, which wouldn't make it a common thing in a Pod plant, but...
>>
File: IMG_0911.png (415KB, 769x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.png
415KB, 769x600px
>tfw all of the roll20 applicants for Eclipse Phase all have characters that are poorly disguised fetishes

I have no fucking interest in your character if you begin your physical appearance description by describing your neotenic's throbbing babby cock.
>>
>>49513620
what roll20 EP game?
>>
Where are the rules for these varient morphs? Like this 'any morph can be a neotenic' thing mentioned in t his thread. Which book, I mean.
>>
>>49514706

Transhuman, and possibly recollected in MRG.

The neotenic thing is an extrapolation based on the rules mind, not an explicit example.
>>
>>49515341
ty
>>
File: Martian Ranger 3.jpg (131KB, 633x950px) Image search: [Google]
Martian Ranger 3.jpg
131KB, 633x950px
>>
>>49513620
Yes, this is exactly what happened.
>>
Does anyone have a mirror for the chargen in the title?
>>
>>49518355
puush
/romnz/ac3e31f99e.rar
>>
>>49513443
>>49513158
>>49513238
>>49513348
You can't do it with most pods, since they already have a negative trait. You're only allowed -20CP worth of negative traits. which is all taken by Reduced Size and Social Stigma (Neotenic).
>>
>>49514157
Probably the one I'm hosting. I'm having problems trying to find a last person to join as there's too many people asking at once and shit.
>>
>>49518418

I think that's only for creating new morphs. A Variant can have up to 20 CP swing of new traits on top of what the morph starts with
>>
File: soundhunter-case.jpg (290KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
soundhunter-case.jpg
290KB, 1000x1000px
>>
File: Synth.jpg (153KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
Synth.jpg
153KB, 595x842px
>>
>>49516657
Yes, this is EXACTLY what happened.
>>
>>49520039
No, mine. (Unless you also got the creepy lolita garbage.) It's not set to public; I've been sending out invitations anywhere but /tg/ or roll20.

That might have been a huge mistake.
>>
File: ZTpfWZy.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZTpfWZy.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
It looks like if I'm ever going to be able to play Eclipse Phase I'm going to have to GM.

Are there any podcasts I can listen to? Just to get the idea of the world and general atmosphere.
>>
>>49523752
if you send an email to me and let me apply I can get you the singularity character generator. (I bought a group license)

I already have several characters pre-made.
>>
>>49524127
my email is [email protected]
>>
File: TurboLover.jpg (204KB, 902x702px) Image search: [Google]
TurboLover.jpg
204KB, 902x702px
>>49524146
Beware!

I love Judas Priest unironically...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4
>>
>>49523838

Know evil
>>
>>49524127
I think I'm just gonna stick with my 3 players for now. Maybe I'll get a 4th later.

I already got the Singularity generator too. Kinda disappointed with it, but it's functional, I guess. I wish they updated it at least semi-regularly.
>>
>>49524766

well let me know if you need a 4th, cause I've got a techie, a tank, a face, and a twitch fighter all ready to go
>>
>>49524814
also my camera and mike work, and I have skype already installed.
>>
>>49524766
you don't actually have a game, do you?
>>
File: 1469393135146.jpg (52KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1469393135146.jpg
52KB, 500x366px
>>49525243
No. I'm sorry for lying anon, I know that Eclipse Phase games do not actually exist
>>
File: containment breach.jpg (63KB, 879x271px) Image search: [Google]
containment breach.jpg
63KB, 879x271px
>>
File: No More Focault.jpg (35KB, 310x299px) Image search: [Google]
No More Focault.jpg
35KB, 310x299px
>>
File: kOWZWWf.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kOWZWWf.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>>49524310
thenk yew
>>
>>49525486
I'll host one, but I get to wear a spiderman mask.
>>
>>49527028
Only if I can wear an El Santo mask.
>>
File: hexagon.png (1MB, 1228x793px) Image search: [Google]
hexagon.png
1MB, 1228x793px
>>
>>49528496
The Hexagon looks so dope, Direct Action a best
>>
File: 1419645511000.jpg (16KB, 284x253px) Image search: [Google]
1419645511000.jpg
16KB, 284x253px
>>49513620
>Not outright banning neotenics at the door

It's almost like we don't learn.
>>
File: MurderFrisbee.jpg (147KB, 1087x842px) Image search: [Google]
MurderFrisbee.jpg
147KB, 1087x842px
>>49528510

They know some things about design.
>>
>>49529440
Did the graphic designer who made that logo get reinstated from the fucking early 00s/late 90s?
>>
>>49529464

Clearly, time is a flat circle and the aesthetic's time has come again.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>49529112
>>
What is your favorite mechanic in Eclipse Phase? What do you think it does really well? Why should I play EP instead of using its setting in another system?
>>
File: Containment Proceedures.png (857KB, 1194x770px) Image search: [Google]
Containment Proceedures.png
857KB, 1194x770px
>>
File: Blood and Micrograv don't Mix.jpg (741KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Blood and Micrograv don't Mix.jpg
741KB, 1000x750px
>>
>>49530260
Time adjustment rules for task actions.
>>
>>49516657
>>49523711
>>49513620
Oh I thought you meant >>49496360

I didn't know there was an actual pedobait that guy game as well. My condolences.
>>
Ok I need some help with a few things.

First off one of my PCs is saying that Olympus is a ghost town, so they can carry gear without too much suspicion. Is this true? I thought the cities were jam packed and getting bigger all the time.

Secondly, one of my PCs has armor 36/31. Is there some sort of limit? I remember reading something about it but don't remember where.
>>
>>49533329
>This city had six million people living in it at its height, but now the periphery’s almost a ghost town.
Direct quote form Sunward. Bear in mind that Olympus was a thriving hub city for Mars for many years, but fell quickly out of favour during and after The Fall. It's population is now down to about 1m people, and a lot of them are clustered inside
>Fuxingmen, the general name for the mostly abandoned sprawl of buildings forming a huge ring outside the central city. Fuxingmen and the abandoned stretches of Zhongguancun can be extremely dangerous. In addition to desperate transhumans, the constant research work in this area has left behind populations of wild artificials—robots that have gone feral—that are sometimes hostile.

So yeah, Olympus' glory days are far behind it and it's only managing to stay semi-relevant because of the Space Elevator; the outer areas of the city are generally left to their own devices, OIA only go there to put down technicals and other threats to the elevator.
>>
File: anK132E_700b.jpg (197KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
anK132E_700b.jpg
197KB, 608x1070px
Ok so here's the thing /epg/ I'm doing a game I need one more player.

It's on Saturdays at 1pm Eastern Standard Time. If you can make it regularly then I'd be happy to have you.

The game is on Roll20, so if you don't have an account you're going to need one. Message me at my profile here: https://app.roll20.net/users/844260/grim-g and I'll give you a link to our skype chat. The game is going to take place on Mars, all characters are going to start with 800 points (just joining). This also means you have limited I rep.

Picture unrelated.
>>
I decided to start up inifnity with the Haqqislam.
I love the faction, and the models look realy nice, specialy the new red veil ones. I have yet to get my hands on them, as haqqislam is very popular here. So till then I am going to play Qapu Khalaki.
And here is my problem. I understand tha QK strenght are harris and the links all sectorials get. Now from what I understand, a normal army should have something like a defense link/harris and an offense one, to support a range of specialists in taking objectives.
My problem is that I can't decide which combination would be the best one. I wanted to play with a kaplan+odelisque first. But everyone tells me that they are both offensive and that odelisque harris suck. Then I though about running 3 djabanza alongside kapalns, but then I noticed they don't have an option to take a harris or duo team. So the only option to run alongside kaplan seems to be a harris or duo of sekbans, but are they good enough? Maybe I should play with 2 links and just form the defensive one each turn with my last order? But wouldn't playing at effective -1 order be bad? Also does anyone have any general tips to play KQ ?
>>
>>49534290
Wrong thread
>>
>>49522778
Dat robot ass....
>>
How do you make bots safe for civilian use?
>>
>>49535898
make them wear buttplugs
>>
>>49535898
What bots are we talking here?
>>
>>49535930
I don't see how that would help.
>>49535971
Any bots at all, in the post-Fall world.
>>
>>49536044
Well, for starters, you don't sell them with guns attached.
>>
File: Rajput.png (1MB, 563x1545px) Image search: [Google]
Rajput.png
1MB, 563x1545px
>>
>>49535898
Make them sluts.
>>
File: SeenSomeTITANshit.jpg (374KB, 605x659px) Image search: [Google]
SeenSomeTITANshit.jpg
374KB, 605x659px
>>
Hey /epg/. I'm doing some writerfaggotory on the side. This is what I finished so far.
I've never shared google docs via direct link before, so if anything's wrong with the way it's set up I'd appreciate it if you could point it out.
The whole thing has been done without proper grammar check and has only been re-read and edited once so any feadback would be appreciated as well.
Also I don't have a name for it yet. Any suggestions?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OJ5KgxAZe0AdTrkqe-VudvDZlqJHvUlXZxWIAm_NmMA/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Is google Allo the beginning of Muses?
>>
File: sooos1a.png (233KB, 1160x800px) Image search: [Google]
sooos1a.png
233KB, 1160x800px
>>49539759
Reads nicely, though 3 hours from Earth to Luna sounds quite fast...
>>
>>49540336
Yeah, I just spit-balled it. Plus it felt more convenient. Half the story is about exposition to outsiders and it would seem like a bit of a plot hole to be on a craft with someone for over a day without everything explained all at once. Not to mention boring.
>>
So the X-Risk book talks about enemies having specific skill levels (say, 40). Do these numbers count aptitude in them? Or is it just learned skills?
>>
Are there any expansions for AIs? Cause I havn't seen any rules for combat AIs in the core book.
>>
>>49540632

Yeah, if you see a skill value, that's what they roll against normally, aptitudes are provided for an Aptitude check or defaulting on something they don't have.
>>
>>49540703

The Security AI has a single weapon skill at 40, that's it. That's about as much as you can expect from a "combat" AI. What do you need "rules" for?
>>
>>49539759

Hey, Anon.

Nothing is wrong with the setup, you're all good to go there. It needs that grammar check and another re-read. Some parts of it do not flow well due to sentence structure and/or missing/misplaced words.

There is also the fact in ten minutes (correct me if I'm wrong) the MC seems to go from being shot up in a rocket, witnessing a destroyed Earth, shattered expectations, and finding out about parts of Transhumanity to super chill and playing video games with not a slight worry.

Working out those kinks I can see it being a very nice intro story to EP and any other stories you come up with.

Perhaps "Awakening" could work for a title?
>>
>>49540733
>aptitudes are provided for an Aptitude check or defaulting on something they don't have.
Where is that info?
>>
>>49540741
Just wanted to know if there was a combat program somewhere in the splats.
>>
>>49540857

It's in the entry. If you can't figure out what the aptitudes are, you've either been reading too much and need to take a break, or are not paying close enough attention.
>>
>>49540873

Other than I think some of the security-oriented devices in Gatecrashing come bundled with AIs which have appropriate weapon skills at 40 (because they have a couple of different weapons) and the Security AI, that's it.
>>
>>49540791
>It needs that grammar check and another re-read. Some parts of it do not flow well due to sentence structure and/or missing/misplaced words.
Yeah, I don't have any proof readers. Do you happen to know a program or something to help?
>There is also the fact in ten minutes (correct me if I'm wrong) the MC seems to go from being shot up in a rocket, witnessing a destroyed Earth, shattered expectations, and finding out about parts of Transhumanity to super chill and playing video games with not a slight worry.
Oh there is worry. It was meant to be in the last sentence, but I can see what you mean. If everyone's ok with me editing my work, I'll fix that little end.
>Perhaps "Awakening" could work for a title?
Thanks. I like it.
>>
>>49540883
Sorry for being dense. What entry? What page?
>>
>>49540920

Glad to be of assistance. I don't know a program but when writing papers take a break before proofreading each time and treat it as if someone else wrote it. Also getting other people's input, but you're already doing that!
>>
>>49537353
>TITAN Warmachines? Fuck it, I'll punch em.

And these people have the best track record against the TITANs of any group in the system.
>>
>>49540942

You have X-Risks, I presume, since you mentioned it. The material is all in that book. Threat Recognition starts on page 94
>>
>>49540703
Vaettr AIs are pretty combat oriented, but not exactly easy to get.
>>
>>49541023

Imagine, out there somewhere is an Ultimate martial arts instructor, shouting about how "Your fists cannot be hacked!", and how deflectors and anti-munitions lasers don't stop them.
>>
>>49528510
>>49528496
>it has no radiators
It's shit.
>>
File: 21.jpg (251KB, 1057x1500px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
251KB, 1057x1500px
>>49541666
Man Tita- I meant Ultimates are pretty legit.
>>
>>49540336
Where is the reactor and why are the radiators separated like that?
>>
>>49542370
trolly trolly trolly troll!
>>
>>49539759
End it with a bang.

A gangbang.
>>
>>49542796
>tfw no GF to gangbang with forks of myself
>>
File: Hypercorp Drone 1.jpg (35KB, 326x792px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercorp Drone 1.jpg
35KB, 326x792px
>>
>>49542415
Inside, I hope? Radiators being separate due to me not being a rocket scientist. Why, would a single panel work better?
>>
File: 1410131803725.png (2MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
1410131803725.png
2MB, 3508x2480px
is this correct
>>
>>49545068

I believe so.
>>
File: MinervanFleet.png (960KB, 1195x778px) Image search: [Google]
MinervanFleet.png
960KB, 1195x778px
>>
How would you change the hacking mechanics to be less build-a-gui-in-visual-basic retarded, while also making them present interesting gameplay options?
>>
>>49546178
Make them simpler and less time consuming

That's about it
>>
>>49545068
The only thing I see is that several habs listed in the L4 Jovian Trojans don't actually state whether they're in L4 or L5, but that's fairly minor.

>>49546178
Honestly, I wouldn't really. Hacking rules have to decide if they want to be unrealistic and useable or anything else. I'd make network layouts a more formal part of the hacking process though.
>>
>>49546329
No shit Sherlock, HOW do you do that?
>>
>>49541209
Which book?
>>
>>49546789
Firewall
>>
>>49546812
ty
>>
Do Adrenal Booster, Endocrine Control and Mechchines wound negation all stack?
>>
>>49540791
I followed your advice and made some changes to the ending. Thanks.
>>
File: Souks.jpg (551KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Souks.jpg
551KB, 1800x1200px
>>
>>49547056
Those three will, but wound penalty negation caps at 3 wounds.
>>
>>49547121

That ending reads much more human than the other. Well done.
>>
>>49544711
>inside
Reactors throw off a lot of fast neutrons, so you have to maximize distance between the reactor and the crew modules, include heavy shielding, and make sure that there aren't ship components outside of the shielding's shadow so there isn't backscatter radiation.
>>
File: Kinetic SMG 2.jpg (153KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kinetic SMG 2.jpg
153KB, 1600x900px
>>
>>49530260

The whole Ego/Morph dichotomy.
>>
File: 1465434995758.jpg (20KB, 387x428px) Image search: [Google]
1465434995758.jpg
20KB, 387x428px
>>49549462

>Studied abroad in Japan
>Miss the tightly packed city where everything you need is within a block of your apartment
>Miss just wandering the streets and finding something new/interesting every day

>Currently live in the hellish New Mexican scrublands 30 miles away from the nearest town

FML
>>
File: medusadrone.png (3MB, 804x2207px) Image search: [Google]
medusadrone.png
3MB, 804x2207px
>>
>>49551260
Literally why would you live out there?
>>
File: 800px-Iss009e29620.jpg (256KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Iss009e29620.jpg
256KB, 800x1205px
So how exactly would vac suits work? They're obviously made from some kind of soft material (I.E. not metal plates) But the ones in EP seem to be like skin tight. Is that even possible?
>>
>>49553555
Literally nanomachines.
>>
>>49553555
That's pretty much the only way they're possible. Tight spandex applies pressure to the skin which keeps it from rupturing.
>>
>>49553555

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_activity_suit

Been a concept for a long time. Light Vacsuits or similar levels are probably the skintight suit of sci-fi movie fame, while the Standard is still leaner than modern suits but more robust.
>>
>>49553670
Ok. So I don't know much about Astro Physics. So how/why would skin rupture?
>>
>>49553858

It's pretty basic stuff. You have air and liquids and stuff inside you at certain pressures. Space has very, very little pressure.

High pressure like to go to low pressure. The bigger the difference, the faster it wants to move.

Is the extremely simple version.
>>
>>49553905
Yeah. I think I'll just stream an episode of bill nye. Pretty sure he had an episode on this.
>>
>>49553905
Also, on a semi related note. Do the helmets of a suit have to be rigged? Because I remember the light vac suit being able to fold up into a pocket sized package.
>>
>>49554288
I guess technically you could have an inflatable helmet. Don't quote me on that, though.
>>
Are there any AGI out there that have been designed to try and replicate historical figures? Would it be outlandish to play one based on what an AF0 nerd thought Nefertiti would be like?
>>
>>49554431
That's a little too outlandish. To be honest, though, that just sounds like someone programmed their waifu, who has chuunibyou.
>>
>>49554431
I'd say there's a market out there.
>>
>>49554309
>>>/sci/8378366
>So long as it properly seals, yes. Astronaut's suits are self-inflated already by their very design. The helmets are solid simply because of the hardware used and amount of visibility they want them to have.
/sci/ has spoken.
>>
File: Neobirbs.jpg (56KB, 1200x396px) Image search: [Google]
Neobirbs.jpg
56KB, 1200x396px
>>
File: primitives.png (256KB, 639x756px) Image search: [Google]
primitives.png
256KB, 639x756px
> once upon a time there was a country so incredibly primitive that most households didn't have running water, that country is called Niger
>>
>>49556548

Good ol' professor Ming. Do you think people still punch him in the face, or did he leave that behind in his days of being a cyberpunk?
>>
Has anyone actually used the ETI as anything other than a distant, vague boogeyman? Like, have you ever had players or organizations actually become aware of their existence, or directly run into the ETI or its infrastructure out in the galaxy?
>>
>>49556728
I don't know if you even could. What would a direct confrontation with the ETI even look like? How would you run a direct confrontation between an amoeba and a US Marine?
>>
>>49556728
I once let a player actually get a glimpse of the ETI's existence and how they/it are wrapped around the galaxy like a neo-octopus eating a meat-melon, absorbing ungodly amounts of power for god knows what. Then it was time for a Stress test at -30, 4d10 SV, save for half.
>>
>>49556812
Well handled. A glimpse of the ETI should be the Eclipse Phase equivalent of a dream-vision from Great Cthulhu.
>>
>>49556904
>>49556812

>"Oh shit, I thought the deep existential question of my existence was about how we made our own machine-satan and nearly destroyed ourselves like apparently literally every other species to come before us - but I guess somebody actually made it to the big leagues and they want to stay up there."

This is the thought you have in that moment of clarity before you stab your own eyes out.
>>
>>49556756
>How would you run a direct confrontation between an amoeba and a US Marine?
If /tg/ has taught me anything it was to prepare me for this day and this exact question: go to /d/, find any slimegirl thread. Bonus points if slimegirl has a dick.
>>
File: Iepatus.jpg (147KB, 804x2207px) Image search: [Google]
Iepatus.jpg
147KB, 804x2207px
>>
Are there any rules for increasing your hacking ability by slaving a bunch of ectos to your mesh inserts? Or just by networking a bunch of computers together?
>>
>>49557835

Only if you're an Infomorph, in the sense that distributed computing of yourself makes you better. Hacking approaches in EP have little to do with processing power (computing is arbitrary, after all) and more to do with appropriate knowledge of the software (either by having appropriate exploits or obtaining data to spoof). I suppose if your GM was nice and you ran a lot of really good computers together that aren't doing anything you might get a gear bonus, but most PCs don't have access to a dozen Habitat servers which aren't doing anything better.
>>
>>49557761
I'm sure it just wants to be friends and trade MTG tips.
>>
>>49557907
Isn't that.. not how actual hacking works?
>>
>>49558520
In what way?
>>
>>49558520

I think it depends? Hacking is not, like, a singular thing, it describes any attempt to gain unauthorized access to a secured system. Back in the day you could "hack" by playing frickin' tones into telephones (which would be spoofing in this sense, probably).

I'm not super familiar with the DDoS rules, that might benefit from additional devices but it would again probably just be a flat bonus, if it was helpful at all. You'd have to write a script or something or fork yourself to actually utilize multiple devices at once, just stacking a pile of ectos together isn't really gonna help. That's like making a military supercomputer if you can just pile enough iPhones together.
>>
>>49558549
I'm not an IT guy, but isn't a lot of computing power necessary for brute-forcing exploits in firewalls and software? Of course, I know absolute jack shit about this kind of thing, so I'm probably wrong
>>49546178
Also seconding this.
>>
>>49558577
Those are usually using a DDoS to make the security trip up and let you have access to something you're not supposed to.
>>
>>49558576
I was more referring to dissembling the ectos and daisy-chaining the guts with my mesh inserts, then lugging the whole setup together in a backpack.
>>
>>49558605

Like I said, if your GM's being nice, you might roll Hardware: Electronics and turn that into a decent Gear bonus, probably like a +10 or +20, and obviously if you're an infomorph that might count as running distributed.

That makes it more likely you'll succeed on the intrusion, gives you room for better MoS which can reduced Task Action time and make you harder to detect, etc. The actual nature of the mechanics are very simple, remembering all the steps for modifiers can be hard. If you or your GM are not IT guys, the game lets you just handwave over stuff so the book isn't even more over intended pagecount than originally intended, but if somebody actually knew what the fuck they were doing they could maybe turn the mechanics into something more interesting.

Crime is an upcoming sourcebook, I'd wager might get some support for cracking tricks and rules there.
>>
>>49558520
> implying EP's default hacking rules in any way resemble "actual hacking"
>>
>>49558751
It's sure as hell's more realistic than shadowrun's, though.
>>
>>49558771
That's not a very high bar.
>>
>>49558782

That was the bar the developers were probably aiming for though, coming off being on SR.
>>
>>49554431
>Are there any AGI out there that have been designed to try and replicate historical figures?
Yes, and the books explicitly reference the fact that many AI companies create such celebrity characters.

>>49558520
>Isn't that.. not how actual hacking works?
Ish. There are only certain actions one can do in which more processing power is useful. DDoS and Brute Force cracks are what come to mind with reference to the modern day.

It's an old myth that hackers NEED lots of processing power. Hackers need proper access to the target, and the right scripts for the job. That's it.
>>
Reminder that as fucking horrible this general and all of you are, it could be worse
>>
>>49559673
> implying /epg/ has anything but contempt for Posthuman's habit of injecting their politics into the setting
>>
>>49559851
See, I've never understood all this.

Cyberpunk is a very political genre, written by people with punk political views. EVERY... FUCKING... CYBERPUNK STORY EVER WRITTEN had these fucking political viewpoints strewn throughout the setting.

It's pretty much what the genre is.

Do you guys bitch about that as well? Serious question.
>>
>>49559871
Speaking only for myself, whenever a game dev injects their politics into the setting in a cringy and ham-fisted way? Yeah I call it out every time.

> muh punk anarchist politics
The Posthuman devs have no clue what their ideas even mean. They've clearly never stopped to think them through. And they clearly don't even live by their own principles, judging by how fucking fast they shut down opposing viewpoints on their forum.
>>
Is there any way of telling whether or not someone is an AGI or 'human' once they're sleeved in a morph?
>>
>>49559965
Outside of social interaction?
>>
>>49559965
There are subtle cues you can pick up on if you know what to look for. Body language, posture, that kind of thing.

Mechanically, you can make a Kinesics test IIRC.
>>
>>49559871
>Cyberpunk is a very political genre

Which is irrelevant since Eclipse Phase isn't cyberpunk

>EVERY... FUCKING... CYBERPUNK STORY EVER WRITTEN had these fucking political viewpoints strewn throughout the setting.

Which is why the genre has aged like milk
>>
So could you not just copy the same AGI into multiple combat morphs and expect them all to assess situations in identical ways and reach a level of teamwork impossible for anyone else?
>>
>>49560161
Copies of you aren't a magical Borg hivemind. They still have to communicate to coordinate.
>>
>>49559929
>Speaking only for myself, whenever a game dev injects their politics into the setting in a cringy and ham-fisted way? Yeah I call it out every time.
It's only cringy if you aren't a fan of anarchist politics, or the first-person viewpoint of the fluff.

>And they clearly don't even live by their own principles, judging by how fucking fast they shut down opposing viewpoints on their forum.
Are you kidding me? They're liberal anarchists who believe in the idea of a reputation-based economy in which groups are allowed to ostracize people based on their views (a common thing explored constantly in their setting), and you're shocked that they ostracize people based on their views?

Are you also shocked that drug users use drugs?

>>49560025
>Which is irrelevant since Eclipse Phase isn't cyberpunk
Sure, it's relevant. I don't see you popping into every cyberpunk thread complaining about all the anti-corporate bias and punk politics.

Why? Because it's inane. Every author puts their biases into their works. Only an idiot opens the Chronicles of Narnia and gets butthurt over the Christian themes. Only an idiot opens a cyberpunk novel and bitches about the punk themes.
>>
>>49560207
They wouldn't have to be. If they're all functionality identical and exposed to the same experience, their responses would be identical.
>>
>>49560276
>If they're all functionality identical and exposed to the EXACT same experience, their responses would be identical.
Fixed that for you. Forks aren't experiencing identical events to you... they're experiencing those events from a slightly different perspective, which will contribute to their ultimate deviation from your mind.
>>
>>49560276
>>49560286
Thanks; was trying to find an elegant way to phrase that.
>>
>>49559673
Do you guys not play firewall like some environmentalist organization attempting to preserve jovians as the last remnant of the human species?

Endangered species are precious. Save the flats.
>>
>>49560795
Most of the JR is splicers.
>>
>>49559673
If a dev says something stupid on RPG.net, and that dev's boss calls them out, will RPG.net's mods ban the boss?
>>
>>49560286
I've thought about ways to combat the cognitive dissonance of forking. Meditative practice, drugs, reducing awareness of which is the fork, neutrally/randomly splitting work between forks, that sort of thing. The idea is to cultivate a mind state that will follow through on a goal before forking.
>>
Ok. So I'm reading the surveillance rules on page 162 of Panopticon. In the Make it Random part it says that visible weapons, obvious illegal activity and major violence give a positive modifier to a test while light sensor coverage, ban neighborhoods and distractions give a negative mod.

Is this supposed to be backwards? I have a feeling this is a mistake.
>>
>>49563231
I guess it's assuming the PCs are trying to track down someone, rather than being tracked themselves?
>>
>>49563311
I would imagine it could help in that situation. But it seems like it's talking about the PCs, especially since the test uses the lowest moxie in the group x10
>>
>>49563231
>>49563419
Yeah, that's an error. Anyone here a member of the main forums that can post about it?

If not, I guess I can dust off my account.
>>
>>49563467
I've tried several times to get on the forum but none of the emails I submit receive the verification letter.
>>
>>49563467
Won't help - the EP devs seldom descend from their ivory towers to sully their hands in clarifying or fixing their rules text. The only help you'll get by posting to the forums is in the form of players giving you their opinions on how to houserule it; in which case you're better off doing that here because /epg/ has a better grasp of how the game mechanics actually work versus how Posthuman *thinks* they work.
>>
>>49563633
I actually got some help once believe it or not. I asked a question on the EP twitter about why firing from cover gives a -10 mod to firing and they gave me a response that spanned a few tweets.
>>
>>49563674
Did you ask why firing at a target you can't see (-30) is easier than firing at a target that is hiding (-60)?
>>
>>49563721
No, but I don't see why that hard to understand. I'm pretty sure blind firing uses base moxie stat if no other senses are available.

If someone just ran behind cover than no shit you'd get a -30. You only have a basic idea of what you're hitting. While trying to fire at someone who's position is generally known based on something like, say, a shot from the dark is a lot fucking harder.
>>
>>49560795
You can play Firewall as anything. You can argue that playing Firewall as a different thing is just a different Proxy or Server.
>>
>>49563896
>I'm pretty sure blind firing uses base moxie stat if no other senses are available.
Not supported by the rules.

>If someone just ran behind cover than no shit you'd get a -30. You only have a basic idea of what you're hitting. While trying to fire at someone who's position is generally known based on something like, say, a shot from the dark is a lot fucking harder.

What if you're firing in the dark at someone who is hiding? Do the penalties stack for a -90? If yes, why is it easier to blind-fire at a target in the open than to blind-fire at a target in hiding if you can't see either?
>>
>>49563896
>>49564219
>>I'm pretty sure blind firing uses base moxie stat if no other senses are available.
>Not supported by the rules

Oh wait, I see what you're referring to. Nevermind this bit then.
>>
>>49564219
>What if you're firing in the dark at someone who is hiding? Do the penalties stack for a -90?
Penalties never stack beyond +60 or -60 (core book, page 115). Firing at a hidden target is the hardest possible task for a shooter (which makes sense; you're firing at something for which you don't know where to fire).
>>
>>49564367
>Firing at a hidden target is the hardest possible task for a shooter (which makes sense; you're firing at something for which you don't know where to fire).
So why is it easier to blind-fire at a target in the open than one who is in hiding, if neither is a target you can see?
>>
>>49564422
>So why is it easier to blind-fire at a target in the open than one who is in hiding, if neither is a target you can see?
A hidden target is not simply something you cannot see. It's a target for which you do not know the position of.

For example, if you're in a firefight with a sniper who has kept his position hidden the entire time,you have to retaliate at a -60 penalty (because he's a hidden target). But if you figure out where he is, and he takes position behind a wall, targeting him only takes a -30 penalty (because you know where he is, you just can't see him).
>>
>>49563633
>Won't help - the EP devs seldom descend from their ivory towers to sully their hands in clarifying or fixing their rules text.
Perhaps, but I did used to have a rapport with them. I was (technically still am) the second-most-prolific poster on the official forums behind Anders.
>>
>>49564542
>But if you figure out where he is, and he takes position behind a wall, targeting him only takes a -30 penalty (because you know where he is, you just can't see him).
Actually this would still be at -60, assuming the wall in question is considered "major" cover (and if a wall isn't major cover then I don't know what is).
>>
>>49564716
Ah, you're right.

In that case, the -30 is for literally shooting at an uncovered target by ear (or some other secondary form of sense location), rather than by eye.
>>
>>49564716
>>49564767
The wall is only -30 unless you also cannot see that wall due to obscuration.
>>
>>49564786
So if someone is behind a huge wall and you don't know where they are behind that wall, it's -30, but if there's a hedge in front of the wall, it's -60?
>>
>>49564786
>>49564808
What if you cover your eyes so that you can't see the hedge, even though you know the wall is there? Are you back to shooting at -30 instead of -60?
>>
>>49564808
>So if someone is behind a huge wall and you don't know where they are behind that wall, it's -30, but if there's a hedge in front of the wall, it's -60?
No, they still just have cover. Putting more cover in front of them is just more layers of cover, unless those layers actually make it harder to know where the target is.

You only take blind fire and visibility penalties from things that obscure vision (smoke, darkness, being blind).

>>49564841
>What if you cover your eyes so that you can't see the hedge, even though you know the wall is there?
If you cover your eyes, you take the blind fire penalty. If they're behind cover, you deal with that as well.
>>
>>49564899
>If you cover your eyes, you take the blind fire penalty. If they're behind cover, you deal with that as well.
What if you're shooting at a guy in the open and you close your eyes(-30), but after you close your eyes he very quickly unfolds a collapsible barricade(-30) between you and him? Does your shot become harder to make, even though from your perspective nothing has changed?
>>
>>49564984
>What if you're shooting at a guy in the open and you close your eyes(-30), but after you close your eyes he very quickly unfolds a collapsible barricade(-30) between you and him? Does your shot become harder to make, even though from your perspective nothing has changed?
The only way nothing changed is if that collapsible barricade is made of paper, or some other material so flimsy that it can in no way affect the trajectory of the projectile.

Otherwise, the trajectory of any shot will be modified by the materials it passes through. Modifiers affect you whether you know they're there or not.
>>
>>49559965

Brainscan.
>>
File: brainscan.png (1MB, 1194x709px) Image search: [Google]
brainscan.png
1MB, 1194x709px
>>
>>49565742
>lopsided asymmetrical hairstyles
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>49565776
>not venerating the punk hairstyle
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49504752
>And if they don't, they start selling them the trinkets and shit.
Most autonomists can just walk down to the local maker and get those things themselves.

The hypercorps, like the Jovians, control heir economy/populsyion by making sure noone but a select few have access to the means of production.
>>
>>49560251
>I don't see you popping into every cyberpunk thread complaining about all the anti-corporate bias and punk politics.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Cyberpunk is cancer, and I've never hesitated to say so.
>>
>>49560848
What kind of boss would shitpost at an employee in public like that? They'd just have them edit the post or delete it. Hell, even if they did 'call them out', as long as they didn't go around slinging childish insults in the process, no, they wouldn't ban the boss.

If they did chimp out on the dev, going full 13 year old, yeah, maybe they would give them a three day ban or something. Because if no one else on the boards is allowed to shitpost to that degree, why would a 'boss' be allowed to?

How is that such a crazy idea, even if you're a generalized RPG.net hater?
>>
File: Veteran Sentinel.png (282KB, 432x839px) Image search: [Google]
Veteran Sentinel.png
282KB, 432x839px
>>
File: martian-sexpot.jpg (678KB, 630x993px) Image search: [Google]
martian-sexpot.jpg
678KB, 630x993px
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1278x717px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1278x717px
is the Titanian commonwealth "evil" in terms of the setting? That is, from the perspective of firewall or the AA.
>>
>>49567890

The AA certainly wouldn't, as without Titan's military might they'd probably have gotten shredded up by PC and Jove pretty bad.

Firewall has distinctly split from any association with the Titanian higher-ups, and don't exactly work well together - but the game is open to the possibility that Firewall is wrong about whatever they split over. Or maybe they aren't. Titan as written is definitely shady as fuck. "Evil" probably depends on what your GM is doing.
>>
File: 1472795785671.jpg (905KB, 1280x1917px) Image search: [Google]
1472795785671.jpg
905KB, 1280x1917px
>>49567945
>Titan as written is definitely shady as fuck.
Why? Is it the sous-veillance and panopticon? Is it the closed society in the intelligence bureaucracy?
>>
>>49567992

>Is it the sous-veillance and panopticon?

Nah, that's like, the opposite of shady. Of course, being a massive sprawling government ala

>Is it the closed society in the intelligence bureaucracy?

Means that they can't actually be transparent like they advertise and still work as a government, thus the shadiness.

Encouraging analysts and operatives to work so hard they need to resort to bleeding edge augmentations, self-memory editing to maintain deniability and security, partitioned intel distribution with no human oversight, a direct employment and knowledge of asyncs at the highest levels, etc, etc.
>>
File: EP-poster.png (2MB, 1724x984px) Image search: [Google]
EP-poster.png
2MB, 1724x984px
>>
>>49568038
So they may or may not be perpetuating the exsurgent virus in the autonomous alliance?

That would be retarded. Like holding an open flame next to a propane tank. Inside of a propane plant.
>>
>>49568138

>perpetuating the exsurgent virus in the autonomous alliance?

Not sure where you got that idea. Titan knows the exovirus exists, and they will destroy or take samples recovered by Firewall for their own purposes. Perpetuate in the "alliance" seems like a strong term.

Are you sure you're thinking of the AA in the right context? Because the AA bloc is just basically a mutual aid pact between major "Autonomist" ideals, Extropians, Anarchists, Scum and Titanians. Other than just some major points of ideological agreement they don't really have any formal connections to each other on a non-individual basis.
>>
>>49568189
Sorry, I'm reading through the lore and still piecing everything together. I thought psychics were another result of the exsurgent virus.

My understanding is that the Titanians are the only government within the autonomist alliance and that they have some anarchist representation, but most anarchists/extropians live in belt habs.
>>
>>49568264

Asyncs and Psi are caused by exsurgent infection, but the WML strain is relatively benign, or at least inert. The fact that Titan knows the virus exists, and also knows asyncs exists and isn't afraid to hire them isn't really a "perpetuate" sort of situation, though. Hell, the Jovians can even employ Asyncs, but as crazy shackled suicide squads.

Technically, Titanians are the only quarter of the AA which actually has a proper "state", but all members do technically have some form of governance. If you really want to get into political theory, that's kind of seperate discussion from lore. Anarchy means "no rulers", not "no rules".

This >>49545068 is a fairly accurate political map for everything inside from Saturn, note loads of Anarchist stars in the Jovian Trojans and Greeks. There's also a lot of Anarchist habs encircling Saturn, but there's a few from other Autonomist clades too.
>>
>>49568138
Honestly trying to beat the virus at this point is like trying to survive in space by holding your breath.
>>
Is there a transhumanist version of Deism in this game's setting?
>>
>>49568931

Xeno-Deism
>>
>>49569084
I don't think that's the thing he was after...
>>
>>49569262

I mean, it's the closest you're gonna get. Techno-Creationist has some singularity seeking overtones to it - becoming one with the godhead doesn't seem like my understanding of Deism.

"Aliens made us then fucked off" is pretty sci-fi. I'm otherwise not sure how transhumanism and deism are supposed to intersect?
>>
>>49568931
I imagine that's what the ETI could be.
>>
>>49546329
that chart is wrong. You don't gain access to the computer if you fail and the defender succeeds, you are locked out. You don't even have normal user privileges.
>>
>>49568039

Neat, thanks anon!
>>
>>49569865
you are only "locked" if you already broke into the system, if you fail on your initial test you fail to establish any kind of user account at all.
>>
>>49569331

Both Deism and Transhumanism more-or-less got a lot of notions from the age of enlightenment. Furthermore, both place very heavy emphasis/trust in the human capacity of reason.
>>
File: 1466038862147.jpg (220KB, 1299x567px) Image search: [Google]
1466038862147.jpg
220KB, 1299x567px
>>
>>49571458
Dammit, Adam Jensen, I see you there on the end. Get back into your own cyberpunk reality!
>>
>>49571894

Pretty sure that's Ishikawa, but he does look a bit like Jensen in that style.
>>
>>49571894
I wonder if Adam takes his beard off at night when he goes to bed?
>>
>>49572080
It was just a joke, anon.
>>
>>49572097
That beard is a Sarif Industries masterpiece of cybernetic and follicle engineering. Unbeknownst to Adam when he's asleep it actually detaches and runs ops on its own. It's saved the world no less than a half dozen times.

I cannot wait until it finally gets a chance to shine in the DLC titled Close Shave where Adam finally learns the truth about his beard while trapped in an actually impregnable enemy stronghold, you know, because this time the designers realized making vents large enough for an adult male to crawl through is a horrible security risk. But nobody counts on Agent Beard Papa who IS small enough and can act as Adam's remote spy/assassin.

Fuck you, Pritchard, you thought your DLC was going to be the true impossible security challenge? Go choke on a nuclear snake, you hack.
>>
File: Martian Souks 5.jpg (1MB, 1726x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Martian Souks 5.jpg
1MB, 1726x1138px
>>
>>49572846
>Martian Souks
>Neither of these bitches has a breather or a coat, not even as fashion accessories.
Fucking hipster hypercorp cunts visiting the souks in their fucking alpiners in some misguided attempt to earn credibility with the working poor. Fuck them, fuck their designer morphs, and fuck their corporate overlords. Fuck it, now I'm mad, who wants to go firebomb a corp-drone coffeeshop with me?
>>
>>49573272

Hey, an alpiner has planned obsolescence and high metabolism. That's a morph of the people.
>>
File: ServerFailure.png (4MB, 1704x1054px) Image search: [Google]
ServerFailure.png
4MB, 1704x1054px
>>
>>49573272
You don't need an alpiner to go to souks anywhere but Fuxinmen
>>
I have my first session of EP in just under 48 hours and I'm fairly confident I have the rules down. We're using premades, so I didn't look up chargen too much.
Can you wizened gentlemen offer any newbie tips for surviving the world of the future? I've played a moderate amount of SR, so what are the "Have a fake SIN or three, use stash houses, always bring duct tape, etc" for EP? We're on Mars I believe, if that changes things.
>>
>>49571458
The Expendinels
>>
>>49575613
1. Read Transhuman, Panopticon, Firewall, and the section on Sunward about Mars

2. Get a civilian morph as soon as possible, it'll be like your secret identity and none of your characters friends will have to wonder about what happened to your morph when you die on an op.

3. Have a good mix of in-depth and skeleton mesh IDs, don't give your own MID to other PCs in case their stack gets recovered and they squeal about who you are.

4. All equipment that isn't attached to your morph or ego is expendable and you may have to ditch it right after the mission.

5. Always have EMPs on you, it's the only effective way to get rid of nanoswarms.

6. Not every mission requires you to kill everyone. If you need to get info back to the rest of Firewall then screw combat, just GTF out of there.

7. Always do research on the security you'll be encountering and plan accordingly.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>49576504
This is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.
Any other tips are appreciated.
>>
It says that Lidar sensors work by bouncing back infrared to ultraviolet rays would that mean they are visible in the regular spectrum since our vision is between the two?

Also how do you counteract Lidar?
>>
>>49576604
Never underestimate the power of shock weapons. At worst the enemy will have a negative modifier, at best that'll be immobilized.
>>
>>49576504
>2. Get a civilian morph as soon as possible, it'll be like your secret identity and none of your characters friends will have to wonder about what happened to your morph when you die on an op.
Is just a base splicer with no implants OK for this, or should it be at least someday combat-ready?
>>
>>49576729
>Is just a base splicer with no implants OK for this, or should it be at least someday combat-ready?
That should work. You need it for your civilian life, since otherwise having one bad mission with your only body will leave you with no way to go back to it.
>>
>>49576806
I see. So the civ morph is more of a lifestyle cost than something you'll spent too much in game time actually sleeved in (unless the GM feels like throwing a curveball.)
>>
>>49576817
Precisely.

Basically, the rule is "maintain just enough resources that you can safely go back to your normal life, or risk not being able to". If you use your regular body in a major mission, doing so not just risks damaging the body, but tying you to the conspiracy (or at least a lot of bad criminal shit you had to do for it).
>>
>>49566088
Most people in transitional economies have acces to public fabbers too, what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>49576870
>>49576817
>>49576806
>>49576729
Isn't resleeving done in large, documented facilities? How regularly could you feasibly swap between your custom combat Fury and your Joe Splicer without drawing attention? Can't people use the medical records to just as easily track you as if you kept the same morph?
>>
>>49576729
Yeah, you don't need anything flashy. If your going to get into combat with your civ morph, then clearly you havn't been doing a good job keeping your identity unknown.

>>49577873
Easy, don't go to a facility. Swapping morphs is done with a machine called an ego bridge. So all you need is some sort of cache with an ego bridge and a waiting morph and you can switch in 10 minutes tops.
>>
>>49576605
Depends on where they are in the spectrum, the extremes would still be invisible to most unenhanced vision. Invisibility cloaks provide LIDAR invisibility.
>>
>>49577873
>Isn't resleeving done in large, documented facilities? How regularly could you feasibly swap between your custom combat Fury and your Joe Splicer without drawing attention?
Chances are you're going to egocast as part of the mission. Thus, the facility will likely only have record of your travel... at least so far as Firewall doesn't modify said records, or take control of your transmission relays.

If you aren't going to be egocasting, then you'll likely be using a Firewall cache to switch bodies, not a body bank. For the same reason you'd switch to your crime-committing car in a hidden garage, and not at a public parking lot.
>>
File: 1437190557276.jpg (676KB, 2112x2970px) Image search: [Google]
1437190557276.jpg
676KB, 2112x2970px
>>
I'll get the next thread when the time comes, I have a good idea.
>>
File: hildatroj.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hildatroj.gif
2MB, 500x500px
Hildas and Trojans orbiting the sun
>>
>>49583878
That's pretty baller.
>>
>>49573272
Yeah! Less throw syphilis bombs at the barista and infest the place with smartroaches!
>>
>>49581654

New Thread >>49583978
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.