[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 121

File: Making Magic.png (2MB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Making Magic.png
2MB, 1400x1800px
Cast from your graveyard edition! (Bonus points: Don't use Flashback or Retrace.)

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>49429037
>>
File: Mitch Resurrection Man2.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mitch Resurrection Man2.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
Wow, this is like the only finished card I have that gets cast from a graveyard that isn't just a reprint.
>>
File: Split Personality.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Split Personality.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Anyone else here? Watching Mr. Robot, decided to make a card sorta kind based on it.
>>
File: 2 Rares in Progress.jpg (2MB, 2625x2092px) Image search: [Google]
2 Rares in Progress.jpg
2MB, 2625x2092px
Consolidated my currently completed rares into one image. Thoughts on them so far? Planning on working on green next, then finishing up with the multicolored.
>>
File: Batarang.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Batarang.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>49493413
>Planning on working on green next, then finishing up with the multicolored.
No artifacts?
>>
>>49493519
I'm doing all artifacts last, common through rare.
>>
>>49493540
Wait, you haven't even worked on them yet?
>>
>>49493558
Just mockups, nothing polished enough to post yet.
>>
File: Alan Scott Green Lantern4.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Scott Green Lantern4.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>49493605
Why would you ignore an entire part of your set like this? What about your lands?
>>
>>49493641
I'm not ignoring them, just making them in a different order. Getting the bulk of the set squared away helps me in the rest of the design process.
>>
File: Karen Starr Power Girl38.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Karen Starr Power Girl38.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
Crossing my fingers hoping this is at least the final iteration of PG.
>>
File: Herald of Progress.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Herald of Progress.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Voga Mazka Emperorv2.png (275KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Voga Mazka Emperorv2.png
275KB, 375x523px
>>49490794
Oh, that's right. Not good to make cards half-asleep.
>>
>>49495655
Why is this an artificer?

>>49496033
Wow that is weird. Maybe make a temp copy of the creature? Extra combat? Trigger at the beginning of combat?
>>
File: Elesh Norn Planeswalker.png (208KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Elesh Norn Planeswalker.png
208KB, 375x523px
A͜L̺̱̫̞͡L
͙̤̝̹͚W̶̼̺̤̠͍I͕̗LL̼͟
̖̜̩B̲̠E̗̫̜̗̰
͟O͍̰̖N̸̯̱͍̜̹͖E̺̜͕̥͔

>>49495655
Kind of an odd name for something so combat-oriented.

>>49494754
I really think you're trying too hard with this. Flying, trample, indestructible, 6/6. That's rare and cool enough.
>>
File: Unifier of Form.png (180KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unifier of Form.png
180KB, 375x523px
>>49496033
I think you can just say "protection from noncreature"
The wording on the second ability is kind of screwy. How about:
>Whenever ~ attacks, exile target creature an opponent controls, then put it onto the battlefield under your control tapped and attacking. Its owner gains control of it at end of turn.

>>49493391
This could just be blue, I think. I like it quite a lot.
>>
>>49496074

>Why is this an artificer?

Why not? Red is one of the two main 'Invention' colours and the art clearly has them holding a vial of something very nasty. Even with KLD out, Artificer is barely a tribal so it's unlikely to have major balance concerns I figured.

>>49496077

>Kind of an odd name for something so combat-oriented.

Yeah, the name however I'm not really a huge fan of right now but I couldn't think of something better (And I'm pondering making the name fit better by making a 5 colour cycle of 'Herald of X')
>>
>>49496074
It could be at the beginning of combat, but attacking is one of the times he's actually vulnerable.

>>49496149
Even if it is odd, I do believe it works on the same principle you're trying to replicate with tokens that enter tapped and attacking.
>>
File: Glorious Ignition.png (262KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Glorious Ignition.png
262KB, 375x523px
>>49493413
>Damnable Pact
At first I was like "oh, it's a worse Mind Spring", and then I was like "oh, it's a worse Blaze as well."
I don't really know how good this is, honestly.

>Efreeti of Infernal Rites
Excellent design, but you'll need to keep an eye on the amount of fast mana you give red. This plus anything resembling a Pyretic Ritual is probably too good.

>Vanguard Exemplar
Does this need a "activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery"?

>Warfare Profiteer
Yes, the flavor text is good, but is it really worth making my eyes bleed?

>Ahralian Scorcher
Red withdraw? Neat. On the subject of Withdraw, I think you can say "return this" instead of "return this permanent", because reminder text. (See Living Weapon and the Kamigawa Patron cycle).

>Dissemination
How many 5+ removal spells are in the set? Also, there are a shitload of targets for this thing, and I'm almost certain there's something wrong with the wording.

>Flaming Summons
This is S U P E R G O O D
Mode 1 is "summon an almost-Monastery Swiftspear", which is probably OK.
Mode 2 is "strictly better Tormenting Voice that works when your hand is empty", which probably isn't OK
Mode 3 is pretty good
Even without Escalate, this would be an amazing card.

>Mantle of Fire
Seems odd for a red card to encourage non-aggression.
>>
File: Untimely Rebirth.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Untimely Rebirth.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49496077
A white edict, a good token, and a wrath, for a 5 CMC walker? Seems unexciting, but I guess wraths are 5 CMC these days on their own. Her 0 is the most interesting of her abilities. Her + seems out of color, even if its in flavor.

200-odd cards and not a single one that casts from the graveyard. Don't even have a lot of recursion in general among cards I've made.
>>
File: Bridge to Madness.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bridge to Madness.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49496395
Not timeanon, but Damnable Pact is a reprint, hence the (R). So uhh... ask Wizards how good it is. I think the answer is somewhere around "okay."

Also, Dissemination by my reading targets a spell (with a single target) and a player, despite the liberal use of "target".

>card
Terrible ideas, ho!
>>
File: Black Suns Call.png (215KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Black Suns Call.png
215KB, 375x523px
Sacrificed creatures still "die" for the purpose of an effect like this, right?

>>49496404
>Her + seems out of color, even if its in flavor.
You're kind of right, but Renounce The Guilds and World Queller do exist. Besides, it's Phyrexia, I'm not going to beat myself up over a few color bends.

>Untimely Rebirth
A perfect Johnny card. You could reduce the cost to 1CMC, if you feel like pushing the power level.
>>
>>49491243
>>49491879
The reason I chose this specific type of ability is that I didn't want it to get too out of hand as doubling power or toughness on even just one creature can often be more than enough.
>>
File: RR03 Warfare Profiteer2.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RR03 Warfare Profiteer2.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49496395
>Damnable Pact
It's a reprint from Dragons. X spells are a big thing in the set, and I feel like it fits in pretty well.
>you'll need to keep an eye on the amount of fast mana you give red.
Red does get some nonland means of mana production (otherwise, Efreeti of Infernal Rites would be useless) but I'll keep an eye on the amount.
>Vanguard Exemplar
Not necessary. As worded, it lets you give your opponent an extra combat step. Which you usually wouldn't want to do, but it could be fun with Ambush.
>Yes, the flavor text is good, but is it really worth making my eyes bleed?
I feel that the card actually looks worse without the flavor text; it's just as cramped, but also weirdly disorganized. Pic related. I added the flavor text because it makes the text align better. I can remove it, though, it people think this version looks better.
>Withdraw
Yeah, it's the UR mechanic, so it shows up pretty evenly throughout each.
>Reminder text
Sweet, I'll update that. Thanks!
>How many 5+ removal spells are in the set?
Between X spells and Escalate spells, a decent enough amount. Plenty of viable targets.
>I'm almost certain there's something wrong with the wording.
I ripped the wording directly from actual cards.
>Flaming Summons
Added an "If you do" clause to Mode 2
>Mantle of Fire
An effort on my part to adapt Braid of Fire. The enchant creature bit is to make it a bit more interactive.
>Glorious Ignition
Solid ritual. I dig it. The art is quite nice, as well.

Thanks for the feedback, anon!
>>
I forgot to share this before, but:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/content_link/qHREwIpLKNwvpoequ8ZWMA3MyUDjdy3f6120LEy1l7D2l4sl3YVEVCLovc1gr5yS/file?dl=1
I think this is an M15 mse stylesheet that allows you to edit the top nad bottom of the text box, preventing that annoying clipping bug.
>>
>>49497284
>>
>>49497284
Speaking of MSE stuff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/89807xg4ih96d96/magic-cockatrice.mse-export-template.zip
Is an updated Cockatrice export template and readme for Cockatrice's V3 database format, if people are interested in testing on the cock.
>>
File: Baardal King of Dream.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Baardal King of Dream.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Made this for a set a friend and I are working on. Bottom card of library is a theme of the set, hence being able to manifest it. Thoughts?
>>
>>49497508
Well, with stuff like Tel-Jilad Stylus or Reito Lantern, manipulating the bottom is fairly easy to manifest exactly what you want.

Also, this guy has 6, Mill 1: Exile target creature or planeswalker. But he's also 7 CMC and dies to removal, so I guess that sort of helps balance him.
>>
How is this effect?
>Whenever an instant or sorcery spell you control deals damage to a single opponent or creature an opponent controls, you may have ~ deal that much damage to another target opponent or creature an opponent controls.
>>
>>49498070
Sounds interesting, although it might be better with "exactly one opponent or creature an opponent controls."
>>
>>49497400
>>49497284
Here, this should work: https://my.mixtape.moe/kytwzc.zip
>>
>>49497508
Manifest on a card really strikes me as something that should be Blue, maybe Blue-Green.
>Bottom card of library is a theme of the set
Why?
>>
>>49499504
>Manifest on a card really strikes me as something that should be Blue, maybe Blue-Green.

Manifest's present in all five colors in this set, so there's a bit of color bending

>Why?

Originally, because it was design space that hasn't been unexplored yet. There's an ability word that checks the bottom card of the library for an effect, for example. At this point, it's likely not going to stick around. The set's already gone back to the drawing board twice, and it may just change to checking the top card.
>>
>>49499793
>hasn't been unexplored

i can word
>>
>>49499793
>Manifest's present in all five colors in this set, so there's a bit of color bending
It was in all five colors before too.

>design space that hasn't been unexplored yet
This isn't addressed towards just you but to everyone here, but just because there's design space that hasn't been explored doesn't mean it's a goldmine that Wizards hasn't looked into yet. Sometimes they don't explore things because they already know that it isn't worth their attention. Like fortifications, for example.
>>
File: Wesley Dodds Sandman.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wesley Dodds Sandman.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>49496077
Look, I just want something more than a big beater.
>>
>>49496615
You could design around that by not having the effect work on the creature with the biggest P or T.

>>49496348
>Why not?
Well, I tend to expect artificers to do something with artifacts.
>Red is one of the two main 'Invention' colours
But this doesn't mean "invention" is in every single Red card.
>and the art clearly has them holding a vial of something very nasty
You mean she's holding something that doesn't look like an artifact filled with something else that doesn't look like an artifact? Oh, I just hadn't noticed. I'm honestly wondering now if you know what "artificer" means.
>>
>>49500436
It should tap down only on your combat, or only on an opponent's combat. Otherwise you can tap down most blockers and draw a lot of cards.

>>49496852
The tokens should enter tapped so there's some incentive to not paying the tax.

>>49496569
Not bad.

>>49494754
Meh. Does it really need fire breathing? Her "main" ability is way too dependent on your opponent's playing artifacts, so she's just a flying brick.
>>
File: Stephanie Brown Batgirl.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stephanie Brown Batgirl.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49500856
>Sandman
Eh, alright. Should I change it to an attack trigger?

>PG
Well, firebreathing helps destroy artifacts, so yeah, kinda. As for the other ability... what do you expect? It's artifact destruction, of course it relies on your opponents having artifacts. I mean, how else am I supposed to do artifact destruction that doesn't rely on that? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but what exactly is your point?
>>
File: Alchemist'sVial.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemist'sVial.png
123KB, 223x311px
>>49500649

>I'm honestly wondering now if you know what "artificer" means.

A skilled mechanic of the armed forced or an inventor.

>holding something that doesn't look like an artifact

See pic related. Artifacts can include alchemical things.

Anyway, there is examples Artificer cards in Kaladesh, the most recent set, that don't directly interact with artifacts:

>Aviary Mechanic
>Nimble Innovator
>Armourcraft Judge
>>
>>49500960
>A skilled mechanic of the armed forced or an inventor.
A definition as technical-sounding as this makes it sound as though you didn't know, and just looked it up in a dictionary or something. But I'll accept that you do know.

>See pic related. Artifacts can include alchemical things.
OK, fine, but how many artificers do you see wielding alchemical things in their artwork?

>Anyway, there is examples Artificer cards in Kaladesh, the most recent set, that don't directly interact with artifacts:
An exception does not disprove a trend. It's not that all of them do it, it's that most of them do, and I was wondering why you were making an exception to the trend. Honestly, with your image combined with the abilities of the card, I feel like it would be far more suited to be a Wizard.
>>
>>49500960
>>49501027
Sorry, let me clarify something I said: It's not that I have a problem with your definition, I'm just saying that being so technical in the future isn't always the best idea. I was just making a joke at your expense when I asked if you knew the definition.
>>
>>49501027

>An exception does not disprove a trend.

A trend also does not enforce everything to match it. Not every elf is green, for example.

>OK, fine, but how many artificers do you see wielding alchemical things in their artwork?

Considering how much of Kaledesh is 'Large tanks of blue liquid' for the Aether, quite a lot of them.

There doesn't seem much reason to have it not be an Artificer when red is one of the primary colours of invention, it's about progressing science (Chemistry is a science, after all) and the artwork doesn't really say anything 'Wizard' unless you count 'Holding a vial' as 'Wizard'.
>>
>>49500942
>PG
6/9 of your big splashy multicolor rare legendary is a conditional artifact destruction ability. I love reclamation sage, but I don't get all excited over it. You have a card that looks really impressive with a lot of text, but it's really just an indestructible flyer.
>>
>>49500960
You can certainly make Artificers that don't interact with artifacts, but expect to get flak for it each and every time you post one.
>>
>>49501357
OK, I see your point. I'll cut down on the complexity and try to make it less narrow. Hmm, land destruction is always useful, right?
>>
>>49496033
how much power is voga power
>>
>>49502289
About sixty thousand acre's worth.
>>
File: Dwarven Sentry.png (220KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarven Sentry.png
220KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Æther Stasis.png (259KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Æther Stasis.png
259KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49503069
So it's like a really, really bad nettle sentinel.
>>
File: no-name.c Sunlit Guard.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
no-name.c Sunlit Guard.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
Yes, trying to 'fix' protection.
>>
>>49503146
For this to work in the rules, copy the template from Spell Queller. As it is, the card doesn't actually work.
>>
>>49504468

The issue that protection has isn't the unblockable part. It's that it makes the card either 'Really good' or really bad based not on the rest of your deck but on the opponent. It's why colour-hate spells are rarely printed these days.
>>
File: 2 Green Rares First Draft.jpg (536KB, 2625x523px) Image search: [Google]
2 Green Rares First Draft.jpg
536KB, 2625x523px
Dead thread, meet green rares. Green rares, this is dead thread.
>>
File: Collector of Baubles.png (982KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Collector of Baubles.png
982KB, 750x1046px
>>49492991
Well its a pretty good card CO Anon. Random effects are terrible, but that aside it's a really good card. Should be a-ok for MTG-o.

>>49493641
It's slightly different fromt he last time I saw it, can't remember what changed though. Looks nice as it is.

>>49494754
Ehhh. You know you can cut much of it and keep a nice effect.

>Karen Starr 3WR
4/4
Flying, Haste
[W/RW/R]: Karen Starr, Power Girl gets +1/+0. When Karen Starr deals damage to a player this turn, destroy each artifact with converted mana cost less than or equal to Karen Starr's power that player controls. Karen Starr deals 1 damage to that player for each permanent destroyed this way.

>>49495655
That's nice.

>>49496395
That shit's beyond broken.

>>49496564
Effect's cool but a bit of a nightmare.
Can I have that art?

>>49496569
That's a really cool card. Might use it. And yes they do.

>>49496852
I thought it was a really cool card, but then I realized the token spawning is a permanent effect, it's a bit op.

>>49497508
Hm. Something about it I don't like, reminds me of Sliver Overlord.

>>49500436
Really strong, but not too bad. Don't quite dig the idea of tapping during their combat.

>>49500942
I love that card. Don't know why. It's really solid, and knows what its doing :3
>>
>>49505603
>Resurrection Man
I could make it just your graveyard, Wizards is at least fine with that much randomness on paper (Deadbridge Chant).

>PG
I want it to have Indestructible, and with P/T at 5/5 at the least. As for the ability, I like that suggestion, and I might use it on another card, but for this one, I think I'll just use
>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, destroy target artifact or land that player controls.
Since now it depends much less on opponents using artifacts and it still fits the idea of "smash stuff".

>Sandman
I'm changing it to an attack trigger next time.

Thanks for your feedback on the rest as well.

>card
Seems interesting, don't really see the point of Changeling though.
>>
File: 1465750390926.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1465750390926.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
Ugh, bump. Where is everyone?
>>
File: 2 Multicolored Rares First Draft.jpg (881KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
2 Multicolored Rares First Draft.jpg
881KB, 1875x1046px
>>49507685
I'm working on my set, but I'm not sure where everyone else is at the moment. I'm making some progress, though. Banged out a rough draft of the multicolored rares.
>Psylocke
Did you make this card before impulse drawing was a thing? I feel like impulse would fit it so much better.
>>
How would you cost an effect along the lines of

"Instant and sorcery spells you cast can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control."

And how would you word it?
>>
>>49509138
Instant and sorcery spells you control can't be that target of spells or abilities your opponents control.

As for cost, it's basically just 'can't be countered' for instant and sorceries and the only permanent source of that I know is Sphinx of the final word.
>>
>>49509193
5 mana for an artifact with the effect?1UU for an enchantment, maybe.
The upside from "can't be countered" is you dodge spell copying, exiling, and redirecting.
>>
>>49509138
You could just have something say "Instants and Sorceries you control have Split Second." and that'd get you to where >>49509272 is, but I'm really not sure about how you'd go about costing that.
>>
>>49509374
That's slightly different again, as it prevents any response, such as pumps in response to burn.
>>
File: Skeleton Hatchery.png (282KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Hatchery.png
282KB, 375x523px
Halloween is coming!
>>
>>49509374
But split second means I can't interact with them myself. And with the "hexproof" I've got in mind, things like overloaded Counterflux still work. I'm thinking maybe a 3UU 2/2 Wizard.
>>
>>49508151
Maybe make Aneketian Idols XGU?
Paying 6cmc for a 4/4 with no abilities is kind of rubbish.
>>
>>49509458
Where are you getting 4/4 from?
>>
>>49509479
ignore my foolishness, read that completely wrong
>>
>>49509556
No worries, anon
>>
Art challenge! Artist: Matthew DeMino

Hard mode: Not related to Theros.
>>
>>49504502
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. As soon as the enchantment leaves, the creature spell goes back onto the stack.
>>
>>49509971
You're an idiot. Copy SQ.
>>
>>49509996
Can you give me an actual reason why it wouldn't work though? Like state a rule? Spell Queller's interaction with non-creature spells I can see the player not wanting to cast the spell, but I don't see a reason why the spell wouldn't actually function or fizzle if it used "until ~ leaves the battlefield"
>>
File: Candle of Tawnos.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Candle of Tawnos.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49509741
I cheated.
>>
File: 61 (1).jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
61 (1).jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>49510049
Because then it turns into this rules nightmare.
>>
More set legends for the dead thread
>>
>>49510049
When you exile a spell, it forgets all of its targets, modes, X, etc. When you put it back directly on the stack, you bypass the spell casting steps and never get to reselect choices that can be made.

A card like >>49510939 "works", but note the oracle wording
>At the beginning of each of that player's upkeeps, if that card is exiled, remove a delay counter from it. If the card has no delay counters on it, he or she puts it onto the stack as a copy of the original spell.
And keep in mind that there are memory issues, where you have to remember the exact details of the spell for many turns in the future. [Delay] is a better worded version of Ertai's Meddling.
>>
How soon is too soon?
>>
File: Kiran Nalaar Returned.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kiran Nalaar Returned.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49511431
Soon enough for me to forget my P/T, obviously.
>>
>>49510939
>>49511139
That's more if a memory issue than it is a rule issue though. I already understood that a spell exiled by Queller would probably fizzle, but mechanically, it would work.
This is actually a non-issue with creature spells however, which is all my enchantment is trying to interact with.
>>
>>49511807
Why not just model it after SQ so that confusion (especially new player confusion) is avoided? Do you have any reason to keep your current, obtuse design?
>>
>>49511854
I really don't see it as confusing or even difficult to comprehend for a new player. Targeting a creature spell has basically none of the complications that arise from instants and sorceries.
>>
>>49511898
You didn't answer the question. Do you have any explicit reason not to change your current design, or are you just being stubborn?
>>
>>49511971
Not that anon, but what is the point of changing the design when it works within the rules and easier to understand and more concise than any other wording?
Don't you have to come up with a reason why it's a problem before you can criticize him for being 'stubborn'?
>>
>>49511898
Not him, but some creatures have cast triggers, and some don't work without paying an additional cost. Get over your stupid snowflake bullshit already. No, don't even pretend this is about anything other than an obsession with a mechanic that you think will make you special for doing it before everyone else. Sometimes unexplored design space us best left unexplored, get over it.
>>
>>49511971
Using the old "exile it until this leaves" opens it up towards me mechanical abuse than what I am suggesting. If anyone is being stubborn here, it's you trying to get me to change a card that actually already works. Just because the old type of temporary exile exists, didn't mean we should just stick to that no questions asked. There is actually no basis to change the wording on this enchantment, as it does not affect 99.9%of the issues that targeting instants and sorceries represents.
>>
>>49512038
>but some creatures have cast triggers
Not a problem.
>and some don't work without paying an additional cost
Not a problem
>Get over your stupid snowflake bullshit already.
GTFO
(not him though)
>>
>>49511056
Nice, though part of me would like the effect to be symmetrical.
>>
>>49512038
You obviously don't understand the card or mechanics. The card isn't being cast, so under my wording, you don't incur having to pay the cost a second time after you cast it.
>>
>>49512051
>(not him though)
Then STFU.
>>
>>49511898
I think part of the problem is that Spell Queller has set precedent for spell exile, and now players will expect all similar effects to behave similarly.

Spell Queller drops X, because it casts without paying costs. Yours doesn't, which means you have to track X. Spell Queller gives a cast trigger later. Yours doesn't. Spell Queller allows you to re-kick on the re-cast. Yours doesn't.

Sure, its more concise, but it leaves gaping holes that players will inevitably stick their fingers into, because things just appearing onto the stack, without being a copy effect, isn't necessarily territory that I, at least, am well familiar with.
>>
>>49512078
Why? Isn't that what you did?
>>
>>49512073
>the point
>you
>>
File: Aristocratic Blood.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aristocratic Blood.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49512190
>it is owners
>>
File: 3 Set Legends.jpg (385KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
3 Set Legends.jpg
385KB, 1875x523px
As I work on these set legends, I'm realizing that this set is nearing completion. I need to start working on ideas for my next project.

In the meantime, here's a full rough draft of the set mythic legends.
>>
>>49497508
I hate the manifest ability. It should be just bottom of the library or just top, (bottom since that's what your sets about) and it shouldn't be just a pay 3 mana type of thing. Manifest is in each color, but it is triggered in different ways in each color. Look at qarsi high priest, sultai emissary, and the white manifest cards. It needs to either have a white mana cost, or something that can relate it to white, black, or both colors. As for the second ability, I really don't like it. It doesn't encourage fun gameplay, (especially with the first ability as it is) and you shouldn't have to pay more to get use out of your 7 mana cards.
>>
>>49511056
I would probably play a 4 cost 4/2, with flash haste and first strike, without the other effect.
>>
File: Bahrial.png (295KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bahrial.png
295KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Cragodilion.jpg (184KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cragodilion.jpg
184KB, 750x523px
>>
>>49513000
Nice trips. But god this seems like a pain to deal with. I'd actually like it more if the ability had it lose defender and made it attack, but didn't switch P/T, and only an opponent could activate the ability.
>>
>>49512979
The Bahrial is kinda neat with the scaling off Islands thing, but the Swampwalk is a bit odd.

>>49512525
Timeanon, looking over these makes me realize I should be frequenting these threads more to give feedback, since you were usually kind enough to do the same for me when I still made cards.

>Talir
Okay, first question: Is the flash meant to emulate Ambush here without actually using it? Because near as I can tell, it doesn't really need flash to function, which is really the only reason to see it outside GU. I have to assume so, given that it has haste as well.

Honestly, it comes off as a BR card moreso than a RW card because it's so one-sided. It also wipes tokens if you declare you are paying nothing, I think. And as >>49512777 points out, it's already quite front loaded as-is, with just the keywords. Maybe you can make it do something else? Like give creatures you control "firster strike" ping or something if it becomes blocked and you pay a cost? That comes off as a bit more RW to me, honestly.

>Anket
I would need to go back and see how much ramp GU has access to before this card doesn't worry me. I mean, I assume you're just balancing for Limited, so the applications outside that aren't of much concern, but if you have any way to cheat or rush this out it's insane. I'd advise something a bit less wild if green has any token gen as well. It really, REALLY feels legendary though, and I like it in GU a lot, so it's a win in that regard.

>Kethiri
He's worth his mana cost with just his keywords, simply put. He's over the top powerful. Sadly his last ability (if memory serves) is more UB than UR, so that kinda sticks out like a sore thumb to me. That mana accel on attack... man, I just don't think that's okay. He's basically free if you have the mana to cast him, because haste, and in UR, he's not going to be blocked, because they will not have blockers; you'll have burned or bounced them all.

(cont)
>>
>>49513920
>>49512525
(cont)

>Osari
Deathtouch feels redundant here, but that's because it usually does on an evasive body. The rest seems fine at the cost and whatnot; he doesn't protect himself. He's basically your set's Eldrazi Titan or Praetor and it shows. I think you can get away with just "exile that player's library" to save space; I recall seeing it both ways on canon cards when referring to exiling everything in a zone. I could (and am likely, I should really look these things up before I comment) wrong here, but eh. He could probably be 7/7 if you wanted. I'd honestly remove deathtouch and give him vigilance; he's an all-seeing eye after all.

>Banu
Basic Liliana's ult on a stick? Sounds good. I'm noticing between this dude and Osari you're cribbing a few PW ults for abilities. That's fine. I think he could honestly be cheaper; he has no way of getting through on his own. He's nasty sure, but he's chumpable forever. 8 mana is probably fine, and he could likely be a 6/6 too. Seeing green giving gold cards indestructible is still odd to me even though I know it's okay. Would have been nice to see him have a black keyword here; maybe swap vigilance out for deathtouch so he feeds himself and puts pressure on the opponent? Deathtouch is BG so it would work great.
>>
File: Volcanic Rift.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Volcanic Rift.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
For some reason, I had the urge to combine Red's effects that in flavor involve manipulating earth with the grind mechanic from Return to Ravnica.
>>
File: Sylvan Barrier.png (229KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvan Barrier.png
229KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Hyakuretsukyaku.png (295KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hyakuretsukyaku.png
295KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Void Calling.png (302KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Void Calling.png
302KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Beneath the Sheets.png (224KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Beneath the Sheets.png
224KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Psionic Rend.png (191KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Psionic Rend.png
191KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Desolating Crush.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Desolating Crush.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Not sure why, but I just like the flavor of just taking an artifact and crushing it until it's completely useless. Well, not completely, obviously.
>>
>>49515505
Rather than Kicker, I'd do it like Strive.
>~ costs 1R for each target beyond the second.
>Choose any number of target creatures you don't control. Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to each of the chosen creatures.
You lose the (terrible) pun though.

>>49515518
I like this. Ways to encourage red to do more impulse drawing tickle my fancy.

>>49515530
I dislike this because many discard effects require information from the discarded cards (often CMC, but sometimes type, color, etc.) Library of Leng and Nephalia Academy both have clauses that force the reveal so information can still be collected. So, I'd rather have it be
>If you discard a card, discard it, but you may manifest it instead of into your graveyard.
or
>If you discard a card, you may reveal that card and manifest it instead of putting it anywhere else.

>>49515544
I dislike this. Partially because these sorts of things are normally revealed as an additional cost, so opponents know whether or not to counter the possibly lethal burn. But that doesn't work here, because you have to loot first. I dunno. See what other people say.

>>49515610
This seems really expensive for land exile that isn't really land destruction and artifact exile that draws them a card. I could see this at 4 CMC, easily. At 3 the color-screw might be a bit oppressive. Depends.
>>
File: Anti-Monitors Wrath.jpg (60KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Monitors Wrath.jpg
60KB, 375x523px
>>49515674
You realize you can use both effects, right? Vandalize is similar at 4R.
>>
>>49515731
Vandalize doesn't give them a Clue and a Waste as replacement for their artifact and land, and is easier to cast.
>>
>>49515763
Eh, true.
>>
File: Focused Fury.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Focused Fury.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49516030
So would this allow copies to target new targets?
>>
>>49516200
Could probably swing it either way, until Wizards says one way or another. Its all governed by CR 114.6, which treats "choosing new targets" and "changing targets" as separate but similar actions. And then goes and uses "change targets" in the definition/restrictions for choosing new targets.

I considered a clause along the lines of
>Effects don't let players choose new targets for spells or abilities.
for this very reason, and even this is questionable if it allows me to say, swap two non-equivalent targets of a spell or ability.

One of those needless headache cards I tend to design, I suppose.
>>
>>49516030
Think I'd make it
>Damage that would be dealt to a permanent or player can't be prevented or dealt instead to another permanent or player.
Though changing targets through spell tricks still works.
>>
>>49516307
Blanket preventing redirection means you can't hit Planeswalkers with 99% of burn spells, which makes it a weird case of unintentional utility. The redirection prevention was as much a "fuck you, Spellskite" as anything else.
>>
>>49516030
I think you could also make it some kind of hexproof for spells. Though that does also tend to make them uncounterable.
>>
>>49513000
Keep in mind that by paying for it and saccing 2 lands you could swing for 5, then switch to a 1/5 if it gets blocked.
>>
>>49516366
That seems like one of those "mechanics that reward experienced players" kind of thing.
>>
>>49516387
I didn't mean it as a negative or a positive, simply making sure the creator understood that it worked that way as is.
>>
File: Cordycepsis.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cordycepsis.png
274KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49516619
Missing p/t on the tokens.
>>
File: Cryogenic Researcher.png (230KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cryogenic Researcher.png
230KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Cordycepsisv2.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cordycepsisv2.png
274KB, 375x523px
>>49517054
Whoops.
Initially it was a Golgari Germination that made Zombies which then made Saprolings. Wiped it all several times trying to top-down it.
>>
File: Pyschotic Symbiote.png (285KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pyschotic Symbiote.png
285KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49513920
>>49514009
Hey, man. Thanks for the feedback! I really do appreciate it.
>Is the flash meant to emulate Ambush here without actually using it?
Absolutely. I wanted him to have improved Ambush, basically.
>Honestly, it comes off as a BR card moreso than a RW card because it's so one-sided.
I can (and probably should) make the sacrifice symmetrical. I very much want some sort of Balance-style effect on him, to fit within the themes of his faction.
>Aneket
Reanimation is the mechanical subtheme of the BG faction, but due to the size and impact of some of these legends, I've specified "nonlegendary" in every set-specific reanimation effect. Green has little in the way of token generation (a few cards make cat tokens), and none of green's token-making effects produce a large number of tokens at once. Ramp is a thing, but it's more readily-available set-wide, and not limited to just green.
>Sadly his last ability (if memory serves) is more UB than UR, so that kinda sticks out like a sore thumb to me.
The new Grenzo, Havoc Raiser card sets some precedent for red to get similar effects. Blue already has a history of effects like this, as you said, so I think it should be okay. Do you disagree?
>That mana accel on attack... man, I just don't think that's okay. He's basically free if you have the mana to cast him
I really want him to have the Savage Ventmaw trigger, as it complements the UR faction mechanics and themes perfectly. Should I nix the haste?
>Osari
I couldn't find any example of "exile that player's library" or similar outside of Leveler, which has had its oracle text updated to the "all cards from..." wording.
>I'd honestly remove deathtouch and give him vigilance; he's an all-seeing eye after all.
I can do that.

(cont.)
>>
>>49517727
That's a pretty big body for a tapper. Especially one that locks down for a turn.
>~ doesn't untap during your untap step unless you control an artifact.

>>49517730
"instead" should go at the end of the phrase.
>>
>>49517732
>>49513920
>>49514009
>Banu
>I'm noticing between this dude and Osari you're cribbing a few PW ults for abilities.
Unintentional, but I'm okay with it. I designed these guys around themes, and I wanted them to have really big effects that fit those themes. Which is how "big permanents matter" UG got Omniscience Aneket, the biggest permanent in the set; how the BW cult faction got a deity that drives people insane; how the necromantic BG faction got "reanimate everything"; and so on.
>Would have been nice to see him have a black keyword here; maybe swap vigilance out for deathtouch so he feeds himself and puts pressure on the opponent? Deathtouch is BG so it would work great.
Deathtouch is definitely something I can work in. I'll also work on the cost.

Thanks for taking the time, anon. Always a pleasure.
>>
>>49517743
>~ doesn't untap during your untap step unless you control an artifact.
Walking Dream says you use "if" rather than "unless."
>>
>>49517768
Walking Dream normally untaps and is checking if it can untap, and doesn't if X

Cryogenic Researcher normally doesn't untap and is checking if it can untap, and DOES if X.
>>
>>49517798
>>49517768
Sorry, that didn't come out very clearly. To clarify:
You use "if" to check something that normally doesn't happen.

You use "unless" to check something that normally does happen.
>>
File: no-name.r Dark Sphere.jpg (100KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
no-name.r Dark Sphere.jpg
100KB, 750x1046px
>>
>>49517729
I would suggest Fungus over Saproling.
>>
>>49518109
I thought about it, but tiny green tokens slots are already taken up by Saprolings and Plants. And then Thallids are Fungus that spawn Saprolings... I don't know.
>>
>>49517901
Why even bother giving it a mana cost?
>>
>>49519659
How else would you Accumulate cast it?
>>
>>49519760
Ah. Well, you could do
>If you cast five or more other spells this turn, you may cast ~ without paying its mana cost.
>>
File: f89.jpg (4MB, 3480x4620px) Image search: [Google]
f89.jpg
4MB, 3480x4620px
If I make a green Eastern dragon creature card that costs 15UG, would that be too subtle? What else can mean F?
Yes, Megafug is that strong.
>>
>>49520101
Not my card. But your wording would in no way prevent it from being cast regularly, though. What's wrong with the current wording? From what I can see, it works just fine as-is.
>>
>>49508151
The "hand" cycle is kind of weird. Is it even a cycle, or is it just that they share similar flavor text?
>>
>>49520133
WTF are you talking about?

>>49520149
Obviously in that case, it wouldn't have a mana cost. I don't think the wording is wrong, though it's hard to say it's right either. I just don't see the point in it is all.
>>
File: RG01 Hand of Aneket.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RG01 Hand of Aneket.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49520331
It's a flavor cycle. They have zero mechanical ties, just similar flavor texts and naming conventions. There will be one for each faction.
>>
File: Martyne Bladesinger.png (233KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Martyne Bladesinger.png
233KB, 375x523px
>>49508151
>Aneketian Idols
Didn't you post some absurd 12-mana mythic before? And a reprint of Enter The Infinite?
>>
>>49510339
This is to Lotus Petal as Elvish Mystic is to Arbor Elf.
My programming is not advanced enough to draw meaning from that conclusion, but it is certainly acute and without false meaning.
>>
>>49520510
Several large and absurd mythics, actually. And an Enter the Infinite reprint. What fun would the Idols be if there weren't any big cards to ditch to it? But they're all at mythic, and the Idols themselves are rare, so I'm thinking that the interaction will be rare enough not to wreck any limited games.
>Bladesinger
First strike in blue?
>>
>>49520510
I get what you're doing, but this shouldn't have FStrike in mU. I think you could just toss some W in there to justify it though.
>>
>>49520396
I'm curious, why C? Green is so well-known for making colored mana, and has so few cards that make colorless (outside Eldrazi that is). Honestly, I would've expected this on a mana dork and Abundance would allow it to trigger an ability that gave you multiple colored mana.
>>
File: CG01 Old Kingdom Revivalist.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CG01 Old Kingdom Revivalist.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49521871
Because I have another 1G mana dork creature in green, and while I wanted Hand of Aneket to have the ability to help enable Abundance, I didn't want to make a strictly better version of another card in the set just because rarity. So Hand of Aneket got the Boreal Druid treatment.
>>
>>49520607
>>49521715
Ugh, FINE
>>
>>49522280
Do you have to sound so pissy about it? I even gave you an out by suggesting W in the mana cost. That said, I do like this design. I might just have to steal it.
>>
>>49522055
>So Hand of Aneket got the Boreal Druid treatment.
You realize mana made by Boreal is snow mana, right?
>>
>>49522364
>>
File: Boreal.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Boreal.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>49522475
Oracle text: >{T}: Add {C} to your mana pool.
I think you're mistaken, anon.
>>
File: Betsy Braddock Psylocke3.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Betsy Braddock Psylocke3.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>49522506
Ah, I see.
>Sorcerers of the Seashore
Nice.

>>49522576
This is why people need to know to look into the comprehensive rules whenever they're not sure about something.
>107.4h The snow mana symbol {S} represents one generic mana in a cost. This generic mana can be paid with one mana of any type produced by a snow permanent (see rule 205.4f). Effects that reduce the amount of generic mana you pay don’t affect {S} costs. (There is no such thing as “snow mana”; “snow” is not a type of mana.)
Yeah, it's not actually snow mana, but it can pay for snow mana in mana costs.
>>
>>49522576
That's not how snow mana works, senpai.
>>
>>49522620
>>49522630
Fair enough. I haven't worked at all with snow permanents, so I'm not the most familiar with them. But as a snow creature, Boreal Druid could still pay for snow costs if it produced G, right? But it produces C instead, which implies to me that making a green mana dork produce C is fine. Do you guys disagree?
>>
>>49522698
>But as a snow creature, Boreal Druid could still pay for snow costs if it produced G, right?
Hmm, maybe the comprehensive rules can help us answer that.
>{S} [...] can be paid with one mana of any type produced by a snow permanent
Yes. Look, I want you to go to this link

http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/rules-and-formats/rules

And I want you to bookmark it or favorite it or whatever it is your browser has, so hopefully you'll remember it and look at it in the future. Oh yeah, there are three links to the comp rules, I just use TXT link at the bottom, it's the easiest to use.

Yeah, and making a mana dork that just makes C is fine, I was just wondering if there was any particular reasoning you had for it because it's kinda odd to see in Green.
>>
>>49522759
>Hmm, maybe the comprehensive rules can help us answer that.
It was a rhetorical question, which is why I went on with >But it produces C instead.
I'm perfectly aware of how to locate and read the comp rules.
>>
>>49522871
Then why did you ask if it could pay for snow costs if it produced G?
>I'm perfectly aware of how to locate and read the comp rules.
I'm sure you can. But do you? Because that's another question entirely.
>>
>>49522945
It was a rhetorical question, man, implying that Boreal Druid's snowness has no bearing on the type of mana it produces. As in, "Boreal Druid would be able to pay for the snow costs of spells regardless of what type of mana it produces; therefore, its production of {C} is unrelated to its snow supertype and that {C} production should be fine to use on my own green creature." Someone brought up the fact that Boreal Druid could pay for snow costs as that was somehow related to its production of colorless mana, which in turn implied that there was a problem with the design of my Hand of Aneket card. I disagreed with that point, and wanted to make sure my design was squared away.
>But do you? Because that's another question entirely.
Of course I do. I'm finishing up my third set. My first two used DFCs rather heavily. Do you really think I've never had occasion to look at the comp rules?
>>
File: Sphinx of the Blizzard.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sphinx of the Blizzard.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Not that I expect this to be a hugbox, but people get mean real quick sometimes.
>>
>>49523369
Not sure about the wording, for obvious reason, but I think it works. Card seems cool overall, though I think at 4U, the tapped permanent shouldn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
>>
>>49523238
You brought up Boreal Druid when talking about your card's making C. I pointed out that Boreal Druid's C can also be used to pay S. I just wanted to make sure you knew Boreal had a bit more utility than just making C.
>Do you really think I've never had occasion to look at the comp rules?
Yes. And you probably do, but just because someone has occasion to look up the comp rules doesn't mean that person does.
>>
>>49523516
I brought up Boreal Druid purely to showcase precedent for green mana dorks producing colorless mana.
>>49523369
This feels more rare than mythic, but I like the design.
>>49523488
>the tapped permanent shouldn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
I feel like that would work against the design of the card, which wants untapped stuff for it to tap.
>>
>>49523488
The "one or more" wording is to prevent mass-tapdown like Cryptic Command and Sleep from turning into massive draw spells. Unfortunately it doesn't stop it from breaking Gigadrowse, but you can't fix everything.

I wasn't sure how aggressively to cost the tapdown because of the self-synergy. I'd rather make it cheaper than give it freeze-tapping,
>>
>>49523904
I know that. But there's no precedence for an ability that triggers off of tapping like this.

Yeah, the other guy pointed that out too.
>>
File: Paradise Guardian.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Paradise Guardian.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>49524204
Ah, I see the issue. Yeah, that might be a technical issue. Because tapping, unlike attacking, blocking, and damage, doesn't necessarily carry a source. It works intuitively but perhaps not technically.

I'd expect it works, however, and this is my reasoning. Countering spells and abilities isn't an action that explicitly carries a source; its not "Counterspell counters target spell" in the same way that damage carries a source with "Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage..." Nevertheless, triggers can track the source, for example with Lullmage Mentor: "Whenever a spell or ability you control counters a spell..."

>card
One of my favorite cards I've made, but the color break with green flying tokens always pisses people off.
>>
>>49522280
Repeatable bounces like this usually occur either after combat or "trade" like Gomazoa. It's a bit much to be bouncing dudes for free.
>>
File: Cliffside Scourge.png (273KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cliffside Scourge.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>
How would you cost this?
>Whenever ~ or another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a 1/1 green Saoroling creature token.
>Whenever ~ or another creature you control dies, target opponent sacrifices a creature.
Not sure if the last ability should be nontoken or not.
>>
>>49526334
Around seven cmc.
>>
>>49517732
>>49517747
No worries. I really should hang out here more. The threads could use the shot in the arm (population-wise, I mean. I have no pretenses about how little I actually bring to the table).
>>
>>49526334
A Golgari Germination stapled onto a Grave Pact.
These two cards clearly do not belong on the same card. As some kind of spell maybe, but not a continuous effect.
>>
File: Magus of Arms.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Magus of Arms.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>
File: MM01 Hand of the Kethiri-Clan.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
MM01 Hand of the Kethiri-Clan.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
How does half a Manaplasm with wings sound? Does the cost seem right?
>>49526470
I wish you'd get back to cardmaking, anon. You're far too hard on yourself.
>>
>>49526837
>soldier.dec
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, because it's not costed cheaply enough to be one, but it's got a spot in an already strong shell.

>>49526926
>CMC-based pseudo-prowess
Neat. I'm a bit concerned about how much flying+haste I've seen though. That's a really strong combo. I mean, I haven't looked over everything in your set yet so maybe it's just that I've noticed it more or something. Keyed in on it because of how potent it is. Eh. Chances are he's not getting pumped the turn you drop him, but it's still pretty nasty the next turn. Of course, this being red, he needs a hand to back him up, and by turn 5-6 you're likely topdecking already, though your Limited is UR, so maybe not. Manaplasm is also fine because it's a 1/1 with no abilities except the pump for 3 mana. Two more mana for haste and evasion is a stretch, even a mythic I think. I'd have to hear how it playtested, but I feel like it might be too swingy.

>too hard on yourself
I am ever my own toughest critic. Oh well.
>>
File: Karen Starr Power Girl39.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Karen Starr Power Girl39.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>49527007
Wait, who are you? Are you the PG fan from... was that the last thread?
>>
>>49527007
>Flying+haste
I just did a search to double-check, and there are three creatures with both flying and haste in the set, including this one. One needs haste mechanically to function, and the other can't be cast with mana produced by lands (I cut haste from the UR legend, pic related is the new iteration). Is that too many, do you think?
>Two more mana for haste and evasion is a stretch, even a mythic I think.
It also doesn't get the toughness boost, if that makes a difference in your assessment.
>I am ever my own toughest critic.
Well,lighten up on yourself, man. This place is full enough of tough critics as-is. Which is great for the design process, as long as you don't let it bog you down.
>>
>>49527083
Oh hey, simplified Peej. Happy with her finally?

>>49527165
Well cutting it out on that Legend helps, yeah. It was pretty bonkers. Still kinda is, but baby steps.

The toughness boost being lost isn't actually that big a deal because flying. That was mostly my point there. I mean yeah you lose the ability to save him with some janky response plays but other than that, he's a beast.
>>
File: FlyingHaste.jpg (232KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
FlyingHaste.jpg
232KB, 1125x523px
>>49527283
Where would you suggest cutting haste from?
>>
>>49527352
I'd drop flying off infernal rites for trample.
>>
>>49527352
I'd actually suggest replacing flying with menace on Infernal Rites, but removing it from the legend might have been enough. You just don't want to see it too much in a Limited environment I don't think. Though most of these are expensive so I suppose it's not so bad.
>>
File: Bizarro Reverse Superman.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro Reverse Superman.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49527283
Anons pointed out to me that having an ability entirely reliant on artifacts was narrow, so I decided to broaden it and tone it down (one of the comments in particular said that having two thirds of a card's text dedicated to an ability that won't even be used most of the time was odd). And I'll be happy with her... I suppose when I have the approval of the thread, I guess. I mean, I just keep changing designs until the comments are all "Yeah, looks good." I don't mean to sound slavish, but yeah, that's basically what I'm looking for.

Oh fuck, I get why people bitch about the new frames with the clipping issue now.

>>49527352
Can Stormfist be lowered to 2UR? I'll try to dig around in Dash costs to make sure.
>>
>>49527455
Hmm, Supes has Vigilance. Should I cut the pump ability and make a not!Vigilance ability for Bizarro?
>>
>>49527455
If you still wanted the artifact focus, you could switch it to a fling ability.
>>
>>49527485
Remember that this is the 39th iteration of the card. I've tried caring about artifacts you control, multiple times. Didn't take. Everyone would always ask what she was doing with artifacts.
>>
>>49527553
Well it might also have a lot to do with people not knowing much about the character either. Still, KISS rule and all that; Karen Starr doesn't punch things, Power Girl does. Starr Labs doesn't figure as heavily into it in the long run, so yeah, the artifact stuff from way back was probably not the best idea in hindsight.

>Bizzaro
"Whenever ~ blocks, tap it."
>>
>>49527455
Not him, but Stormfist does exist already as Archwing Dragon, though that is a rare at 2RR. I feel like he wants to play into the 5 CMC thing he's doing.
>>
>>49527451
>Replace flying with menace
I like that idea. Will do.
>>
>>49527680
I'd avoid evasion on your huge beater that might come down early.
>>
>>49527630
Yeah, keeping it simple is something I need to try to do more. I acknowledge that I have a huge problem with Complexity Addiction. That said, I do have a slot for a Starrware Industries as a land, so maybe I'll incorporate artifacts with that. (Also, you confused Starrware with STAR Labs, the scientists who interact with Superman. Which I also have a land slot for.)

>"Whenever ~ blocks, tap it."
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of
>Whenever ~ attacks, untap it.
Since the idea is to get the effect of Vigilance without using Vigilance. Like with Reach and "can't be blocked except by creatures with flying and reach."

>>49527675
I feel like making it multi would justify keeping it at 4 CMC.
>>
File: Starrware Industries.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Starrware Industries.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
And now I remember why I haven't really done /co/ lands. Because I am terrible at making lands.
>>
>>49528242
Lands run the line of not-very-interesting to easily overpowered.
>>
>>49528538
Ah, that's why I never touch them.
>>
File: Lozan Hordecaller.png (307KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lozan Hordecaller.png
307KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Nanda Parbat3.jpg (89KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nanda Parbat3.jpg
89KB, 752x523px
>>49529226
Eh, think I'd make it
>If that card is a creature card, you may pay its mana cost. If you do, put it onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Also, why is this not a legendary?
>>
>>49525082
Would play, though could go insane in the right decks
>>
File: Batcomputer.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Batcomputer.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49529453
I felt that only hitting creatures on top of having to pay their costs were enough to stunt its power compared to other "exile top and hit any spell" cards.

And then in this case, I'd like to preserve casting triggers, potential additional costs, and whatnot since you are for all intents and purposes, casting it as a normal card.
>>
>>49529668
>for all intents and purposes, casting it as a normal card.
No, you're not "casting it as a normal card" you are just plain casting it, the same you do with most cards. At least under your wording.
>>
>>49529724
I meant that it's going to stay on the field after everything is said and done. Sure it's following special conditions, but after that, you're up a card if you manage to hit a creature.
>>
>>49518228
Saprolings are the superior creature.

>>49517901
Taking the other comments into account, you could do:
>CMC 0
You may cast ~ only if you've cast at least five spells this turn.

or

>CMC [null]

a] When you cast your fifth spell each turn, if ~ is in your hand, you may put it onto the battlefield.

b] When you cast a spell, if it isn't the first, second, third, or fourth spell you cast this turn, you may put ~ onto the battlefield.

>>49527352
The Hand is a bit insane.

>>49527455
Fun.

>>49528242
What's Starrware? And that's a bit of an op card. Could give half, rounded down [C], and it'd still be really good.

>>49529226
Now that's a card. 10/10.

>>49529453
I like it, although it's broken, and can't think of a way to fix it.
>>
>>49529942
>What's Starrware?
A company owned by a person with the last name Starr, whom I already made a card for that I posted in this thread. I think it's just a software company, but I don't know how to translate that to cards because I'm an idiot, so here they melt down artifacts for their resources.
>And that's a bit of an op card. Could give half, rounded down [C], and it'd still be really good.
What if the nana could only be used to cast artifact spells?

>Nanda Parbat
Back to the drawing board then.
>>
File: Lozan Hordecaller 2.png (306KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lozan Hordecaller 2.png
306KB, 375x523px
Here's an alternate version.

>>49529614
A Honden that lets you scry on top of draw every turn is actually very good. Might need to be at least 6 or have a locked scry and cost.
>>
File: FLya Watergate General.png (1MB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
FLya Watergate General.png
1MB, 750x1046px
>>49530078
You're not an idiot <3 You're pretty solid at making cards, don't be like that. If it's software and whatnots, you could make artifact activated abilities cost less or something. Maybe mix up the idea you just mentioned and have it be:
>T: Add C, spend only artifacts etc etc, and slap on it the Illusionist's bracers effects, or if it's a permanent creates a one-turn-only artifact that's a copy of it with haste, or something among those lines.

>>Land
Well the bit that breaks it desu is the fact that it's so hard to remove, the effect itself is appropriate.
>>
File: Starrware Industries2.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Starrware Industries2.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49530263
Maybe, but I didn't come up with the idea on my own. I'm making a card based on comic book lore, and I have a lot of trouble translating lore to cards. But thanks for your suggestion.

>card
Seems super undercosted. I mean, Kiki-Jiki has to tap in order to copy, and he's at 2RRR, and only has one other ability in Haste. Maybe I'm underestimating the difficulty in paying off-color costs, IDK.
>>
>>49530263
>>49530404
Oh yeah, and your card is more flexible than Kiki-Jiki because KJ can only copy creatures you control. Your card's ability basically says
>For 2 mana, make a copy of the best creature on the battlefield that this ability can target.
>>
File: Azyra Revenant of Guilt.jpg (134KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Azyra Revenant of Guilt.jpg
134KB, 750x1046px
>>49530404
She might be a bit undercosted, maybe the tokens in particular. The thing about Kiki-Jiki is that he can make infinite combos, and he can proc as soon as it hits the board. The best bit is that its an easy way to gain double prowess on blue creatures.

>
So what about it? Sometimes feedback does that.
>card ;p
>>
>>49530518
>The thing about Kiki-Jiki is that he can make infinite combos
So can yours, pic related. Problem with making cards is that there's probably a way to abuse the hell out of them, it's just a matter of making it harder to abuse than is realistically possible.
>and he can proc as soon as it hits the board.
So can yours.

>card
Ah. Thought I recognized that design.
>>
>>49530518
>>49530609
Oh wait, when you say proc, do you mean that with KJ you don't have to pay any extra mana when it enters?
>>
>>49530617
I think he just means Kiki-Jiki can go for the infinite kill (with an actually surprising number of creatures by this point) the turn you drop him.
Not to say that the card here isn't undercosted be any means though.
>>
File: Amanda Waller.jpg (33KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amanda Waller.jpg
33KB, 375x523px
Last one for tonight. Flavor: Anyone who fights against Amanda Waller will pay dearly.
>>
>>49530609
Hm. That's true, I hadn't thought of that.

>Proc
Yeah, I just meant that with Kiki not having an activation cost, it's probably easier to set up the wincon.

>>49530617
>>49530756
Yeah, I chose my words really poorly.
>>
File: Burning Questions.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Burning Questions.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49531608
"When that creature dies this turn, draw a card."

So Revelation is Miracle for Scry?
>>
>>49531713
Basically.
>>
>>49531608
Damage needs a source reeeeeeee.
>~ deals 2 damage to target creature. When that creature dies this turn, draw a card.
>If you cast ~ for its revelation cost, it deals 3 damage to that creature instead.

I'm not sure you can change the targeting restrictions based on a casting type, though.
>>
>>49531783
Now that I look at it, I think I should axe the player option anyway. It's more elegant.
>>
>>49531783
Whoops, wrong wording on the second clause.

>~ deals 2 damage to target creature. If ~'s revelation cost was paid, it deals 3 damage to that creature instead. When that creature dies this turn, draw a card.

See Avacyn's Judgment, Crush of Tentacles, and Morsel Theft for examples in Madness, Surge, and Prowl.
>>
>>49531807
Fantastic, thank you. I really need to brush up on my syntax.
>>
File: Burning Questions.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Burning Questions.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>49531807
>>49531814
>>
File: 21[1].jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
21[1].jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>49531844
Hyper anal technicality, but (English) magic always uses the possessive 's, even when describing cards that already end in s. Believe me, its weird, but its the way they do.
>>
File: Damping Grid.jpg (110KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Damping Grid.jpg
110KB, 750x1046px
This works as intended, doesn't it?
>>
File: Heliotropism.jpg (125KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Heliotropism.jpg
125KB, 750x1046px
>>
File: Nirar Magus of the Void.png (741KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Nirar Magus of the Void.png
741KB, 750x1046px
>>
>>49532008
It works, but it's an odd choice instead of a static ability.
>>
>>49532021
"teammate" rather than "ally". If it's meant for team games, the first ability should target any creature so you can pump a teammate's creature (just put a may clause) and the second should target player for the life gain.

I like the ability package and the off-color activation.
>>
File: Sabelyn Emberheart.png (303KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sabelyn Emberheart.png
303KB, 375x523px
I had to make this broken thing or else I couldn't sleep; the idea was burning in my head and wouldn't go away. I'm too tired to check the power level; I just want to post it and pass out finally. She's supposed to be a Mirran who nearly died but Iron-Maned herself with the power of Koth to survive. Now she literally builds machines that turn Mountains into war machines and uses them to buttfuck the Phyrexians. Also, the card draw represents her learning about how they operate and how to destroy them, because she's a logical creature in addition to being angry as fuck. I thought about making the draw looting instead but eh, it's wordy. If you think I should I'll fix it when I read the comments after I wake up. G'night thread.
>>
>>49532173
Okie!

>>49532255
Can't say I'm a fan desu. Both effects are a bit too good as they are to be on a single card.
>>
File: Artificial Councellor.png (970KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Artificial Councellor.png
970KB, 750x1046px
>>49532255
Your card inspired this :3
>Go go modern!

Also, you could make it:
X, T: Put X +1/+1 counters on target land you control. That land becomes a 0/0 artifact creature with haste that's still a land.
Sacrifice an artifact: Untap ~.

Or something like that.
>>
File: Killer Kamen.png (866KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Killer Kamen.png
866KB, 750x1046px
>>
File: download.jpg (422KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
422KB, 1500x1046px
>>
>>49533159
blasting station
>>
>>49532055
A more expensive, legendary, and more fragile version of Chalice of the Void? Not really feeling it.
>>
>>49533301
>Apprentice
1BB for a free Diabolic Tutor every turn? You're joking, right?
>>
>>49533301
>>49534963
Oh wait, graveyard, so it's Entomb. Still not a fan, easy as hell to abuse in the right deck.
>>
>>49534977
Much much slower than Entomb. No deck that would run Entomb would use this to complete an 8-of or as an alternative.

That isn't to say it isn't powerful though
>>
>>49531875
It hurts me inside, but sure, I guess.
>>
File: Essar Opaline Liege.png (261KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Essar Opaline Liege.png
261KB, 375x523px
>>49536351
Just think of it less as a name and more as an object.

>>49534963
>>49534977
>>49535154
In a lot of cases, it's basically a free tutor since it doesn't specify creatures. Flashback and recursion are prevalent enough on playable cards these days.
>>
>>49536481
For that much mana and pretty much negating combat for a creature, I think it should be a one-sided Fight. Speaking of, how do people feel about Wizards making that ability more Green than Red?
>>
>>49537996
That much creature pinging is a lot of creature pinging. I don't even think that would be balanced on anything but a Planeswalker emblem.

As far as one-sided fighting goes though, it seems like it fits in green's toolbox. It's still heavily creature-based and red already has noncreature pings and board swipes.
>>
Is there a way to create Innistrad-like transform cards?
>>
File: Colin Wilkes Kid Orphan.jpg (101KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Colin Wilkes Kid Orphan.jpg
101KB, 752x523px
>>49539287
Maybe.
>>
>>49539337
H-how? I can't find the template. I'm guessing it's on the mse forums as an additonal download?
>>
File: Pay Attention2.png (362KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pay Attention2.png
362KB, 1366x768px
>>49539376
Maybe.
>>
>>49539479
>spoonfeeding

>>49539287
There are several transform cards posted in the thread, it's obviously possible.
>>
File: Pieter Cross Dr. Mid-Nite3.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pieter Cross Dr. Mid-Nite3.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>49540243
>>spoonfeeding
Well, it's not like anyone else was posting anything. Want to help change that?
>>
File: Sabelyn Emberheart.png (303KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sabelyn Emberheart.png
303KB, 375x523px
>>49532926
>>49533081
When Kazy is telling you you went overboard on a card, you done fucked up. And he's very right this time. Designing when tired is a bad idea no matter how much it's keeping you awake.

Toned it down, changed the flavor a little, and now it should be more in-line. Made it slightly easier to cast now due to that as well. Also I have to assume it's not very good or interesting because >nocomments. Oh well. I quit for a reason.

Councellor seems fine. Spelled wrong though. It's Councillor.

>>49539479
>all these Peej tits
OMG stahp.
>>
>>49533301
>Apprentice
This is already a terrible idea. Infect as a mechanic is busted and never should have been printed. Putting it on cards puts them at a point of power it's hard to call anything balanced.
Having an upkeep entomb effect on a 3/1 for 3 with infect seems way too strong. This honestly feels like a rare legend just with the entomb effect on it. Make it cost more and consider dropping infect.

>Ulura
Seems pretty busted but it's a 5 mana creature with triple color devotion and can kill you, so he's fine. Why does it give the creature haste?
>>
>>49533301
The "if you can't, you lose the game" will only ever happen with a Grafdigger's Cage. If there's no valid target, the ability will go on the stack and be removed immediately, so it won't resolve and hit the "you lose" portion. If the target is valid and then gets Scoozed or something, the ability is countered and again, you never hit the "you lose" portion. You need extra rules baggage to make sure that you do something even if you can't, a la Gilded Drake.
>At the beginning of your upkeep, put up to one target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost. If you don't put a creature card onto the battlefield this way, you lose the game. This ability can't be countered except by spells and abilities.
>>
>>49540659
>Target land becomes a 3/3 red Elemental artifact creature with vigilance. It's still a land.
That's just wording help. To tell the truth, your card is a shitshow. Just what are you trying to do with it exactly?

>OMG stahp.
NEVER! But seriously, I do have one more card with her in it that I still have to balance out. Though for your sake, I will not post it now.
>>
>>49541359
Yeah, you could do all that. Or you could just remove the part that has it target.
>>
File: Parted Too Soon.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Parted Too Soon.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49541995
But then how will I make him lose terribly when I scooze a card out from under him?
>>
File: Identity Crisis.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Identity Crisis.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49542053
Because graveyard hate is a thing.

>card
Not sure how I feel about you reaping the benefit even if it wasn't your creature that died. I can easily see a situation where you Murder something huge then cast this. Or it's commander, you sit in the corner quietly while everyone else is killing each other, than cast this, draw your win-con, and win the game, before you realize that nobody wants to play with you ever again.
>>
File: Eyecatching Dullahan.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Eyecatching Dullahan.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>49542136
>Or it's commander, you sit in the corner quietly while everyone else is killing each other, than cast this, draw your win-con, and win the game, before you realize that nobody wants to play with you ever again.
Sounds like regular Commander to me.
>>
>>49542221
Should be "another creature" rather than "a creature." The name is also not really connected to the card. How is it eyecatching?
>>
File: Fiery Temper.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fiery Temper.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49542268
I don't think that's correct. Here's one of the rulings for Phylactery Lich.
>8/15/2010: If Phylactery Lich and an artifact are entering the battlefield under your control at the same time, you can’t put a phylactery counter on that artifact. You must choose an artifact you control that’s already on the battlefield.
Which makes me think that it can't put a counter on itself.
>>
>>49542488
Oh, it's "as" rather than "when." All good then.
>>
>>49541834
>shitshow
Nothing, now. Thanks man. I'd rather design shitty cards that are obviously doing something than shitty cards that nobody gets flavor or playstyle notes from at all. I'll go back to commentary.
>>
File: Cold Embrace.png (300KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cold Embrace.png
300KB, 375x523px
Does anyone know how they're doing "can't be regenerated" now that regenerate is apparently dead?
>>
>>49542620
Exile and that red damage card that ignored indestructible. Can't be regenerated was only because it was only supposed to be for damage.
>>
File: Get Back Here.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Get Back Here.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>49542613
No, get the fuck back here. You are going to sit down, tell me what it is you want to do with this card, I'm going to give you suggestions, and you are going to finish your fucking card and you're going to be proud of it. Seriously, do you just crumple up at the first sign of adversity? How do you think people get good cards? You think every single good card comes out as it is on the first draft? Fuck no they don't! This is the point of these threads, to develop cards. Now tell me what you want your card to do and what you're going for, and we are going to develop the shit out of your card.
>>
>>49542620
Wizards was killing off "can't be regenerated" before they were killing off Regenerate. Their reasoning was that if they were using Regen less, there should be fewer cards that get around it. Though since Regen is now dead, I'm pretty sure "can't be regenerated" is too.
>>
>>49542732
Dude I have put plenty of effort into set attempt after set attempt. It becomes a job after a while. And frankly, nobody gave a shit, so I stopped caring too. I enjoy giving feedback/critique to people who are willing to genuinely try. I was one of those people, but I'm too tired of not at least having workable premises people see and understand in my cards to bother with the effort anymore. I'm not even trying to be dramatic or anything. I'm just explaining things. So don't get your shorts in a wad over it; I'm sure as hell not. I just don't think designing cards can be fun for me anymore because I don't seem to make it work. Whatever, life goes on. And I'm not okay with ruining the thread discussing it. Get on with making some cards.
>>
File: Fearen Temporal Librarian.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fearen Temporal Librarian.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
I know I've posted this shitty card or some variation of it like 80 times already, but I really just wanna make it work. Any advice?
>>
>>49543287
Can't say i'm a fan of exile recursion even if it's costed into oblivion. Also needs to return to its owner's hand, as it can target cards you don't own.

The second ability is ok, but the whole thing reeks of color identity for the sake of it.
>>
File: Gilded Obelisk.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gilded Obelisk.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Artifacts!
>>
>>49543371
Oh, woops. I had wrote up the card text real quick from memory. I'll change it.

I just have no idea what to color it. If I'm set on the abilities staying as they are (minus balance changes of course) what colors should it be?
>>
>>49543441
The whole thing could be monoblue.
>>
File: Viza Aziv5.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Viza Aziv5.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49543057
I'm sorry, but judging from your behavior that I've seen, it does seem like the problem is that you don't try enough. I've never seen you stick with a card beyond the initial post, I've never seen you revise a design. And now, you can't even deign to speak about your intent with the card. Could you at least do that? Can you at least tell me what you were going for? This goes right back to my point about not trying enough. You post a card, get any comment that isn't 100% approval, then just trash the card. Have you ever finished a card that you were happy with after posting it here? It doesn't surprise me that you've never finished a set if you can't even finish individual cards. But you know what, making a set isn't for everyone, I'd argue that it's only for a rare few people. I've also tried making sets, failed each time. But I'm still here, making cards. Yeah, I don't always get my ideas across, I don't always make balanced cards, but I always try, I always listen to feedback and experiment with suggestions. Can you try for this card? If not for yourself, then for me? I do want to know where your design will go, I always like seeing the designs of others. You obviously had an idea behind the card that I'm just not getting, and I would at least like to know what that idea was. Please?

Here, let's use an example.
>Dear thread, I've been working on this card for a while, and it's been kicking my ass forever because I'm a terrible designer. Hopefully you'll give me enough feedback that some small part of my mind will churn out a good design. Until then, I'll keep experimenting. Don't worry about the flavor, it's largely irrelevant anyway. So please feel free to tear it apart so I at the very least know what not to do in the future for my next iteration of this card. Love, CO anon.
>>
>>49543487
Hm. I had thought that the first ability needed to be green, since it's the color that regrowths come from, and that the second one was more white as a protection ability.

>>49543506
Hey CO anon. You're pretty good at designing cards, and you've given me feedback on this one before. What do you think of this >>49543287 version of it?
>>
>>49543531
Exile recursion has so little precedence that you can stick it anywhere. Both blue and white can self bounce.
>>
File: Rip Hunter Time Master.jpg (59KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rip Hunter Time Master.jpg
59KB, 375x523px
>>49543531
OK, let's see what's up.

>>49543287
Ah, Suspend. Well, you're basically competing with Jhoira here. The first ability I'm not really keen on due to how it gets cards back that exile themselves for a pretty good reason. The second you could easily start doing interesting things with, but only if it were changed from exiling stuff you own to exiling anything. Something like
>Exile target spell or nonland permanent
Then giving it Suspend and time counters would be far more interesting I think, because while it completely gets rid of a thing, it only does it for so long because it's a soft answer. But it would buy you time to find a hard answer, or just up and win the game. Seems like something that would be fun in control decks. As far as actual balance goes... that is much harder. I think the card should be WU in its mana cost, and I think the ability should tap. Ooh, maybe it could have an X cost and you could choose how many time counters the exiled thing gets on it.

And since you have a character that messes with time, might as well throw up mine.
>>
File: Tortuous Summons.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tortuous Summons.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Did somebody say Jhoira?
>>
>>49543601
I agree. I had thought it needed either green or white since those were the only cards that had ever messed with it, (they were from time spiral, which I don't like using as a precedence.) but they were more to get cards out of exile to stop shenanigans. As for the self bounce I agree entirely.

>>49543671
I had been really set on the exile recursion, but I really like that idea. I think exile recursion might be a can of worms in general, and every time I've posted it the consensus is just that it shouldn't be done.

I do think I'm going to cook something up with the stalling idea, as I really like it. Do you think it would be too much to maybe go an esper route, and have it maybe have an ability to exile from the grave with suspend? Or maybe it could be that it couldn't recur exiled cards, but it could put time counters on exiled cards that already have suspend? Maybe not, since that's kind of limited.
>>
File: sversions.jpg (202KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
sversions.jpg
202KB, 1125x523px
>>49543791
>>49543671
Okay. I'm really excited now. The costs and stuffs aren't decided, and the abilities need to be tweaked, but I really like it. I also accidentally made it go with the thread theme so neat.
>>
File: Donna Troy.jpg (152KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Donna Troy.jpg
152KB, 750x523px
>>49543791
Yeah, exile recursion is like Pandora's Box. There are, like five spells that can get another card out of exile. I mean, you have the creatures, Misthollow Griffin and Torrent Elemental, but they aren't that important because they only affect themselves (speaking of which, here). Oh yeah, and the processor effect from the BFZ block, but again, not really notable because you couldn't use them to get your own stuff back.

As for the five, we have Venser's Diffusion, Pull from Eternity, Riftsweeper, Runic Repetition, and Mirror of Fate. Note that the first three are all from the Time Spiral block, and as such were made to play with Suspend, which the first one does explicitly, while the others that don't rely on Suspend don't return the card to the hand either. Runic Repetition only works on a very specific subset of cards and was made in a block with a whole lot of Flashback so it was fitting, and Mirror of Fate is very expensive to use and can easily fuck you over if you don't use it well. Oh yeah, and that doesn't put the cards in your hand either.
>>
File: Oracles Inquiry2.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Oracles Inquiry2.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>49543783
Oh cool, someone else makes cards to replicate abilities.
>>
>>49544025
>stally
Yeah, pretty much what I was saying before. Though it should be "one time counters" since physical items use number words instead of numerals, life life totals or power, toughness, or CMC.

>spooky
This is cool, though I'm not sure about its having no mana cost attached to it.

>smixed
For the first ability, I say change the wording of how the counters go on. I realize it's like this on Jhoira, but with her, the cards could never have counters on them, so it's obvious they get the counters after they're exiled. This could be read to mean that it can only target things with two time counters on them.

Last ability basically has the same issue I mentioned previous of its having no mana cost. Honestly, I don't think these two effects should be on the same card.
>>
File: kiki feldon version.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
kiki feldon version.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>49544207
Ye ye, the mana costs makes sense and it is too much for one card. Also this version happened.
>>
>>49543506
Okay, card first. I dunno what her powers are but I'm gonna take a stab at it anyway.

>WU
Eh, it's okay, but I see you also have GW down there, and unless you need this to do this for flavor reasons, I would suggest nixing it to give GW "tap or untap target creature"
>UB
Fine I suppose. Making it a blanket effect actually makes it more black than otherwise.
>BR
Not a fan. No red here really except the tenuous Wither connection. +1/-1 ueot then life loss would be better. Maybe +2/-1 since it can be used as a benefit too? Dunno.
>RG
Boring but it works I suppose. Something with trample would be more interesting. Or block manipulation maybe?
>GW
See above, but if not, it's alright. Something about vigilance would be okay too.

Okay, now I'll address the rest.

I actually do try. Or did. The issue is, you don't know who I am because of how this website works, and that's fine, working as intended, and you even accounted for that by qualifying your statement. But the fact is, I've successfully made one set. Failed to pull through about 6-8 more. Trust me, I've put in the work. Hours upon hours, Gatherer open, hunting for Oracle text in that tab and Comp Rules in others. I've revamped hundreds of cards for sets, and hundreds more one-offs. I listened to feedback. Got pissy too many times to count. Gave up and came back more than a few. I learned, got a bit better for a while, and then something happened. I just, forgot how to make cards or something. I dunno what it is, but whenever I make something, if it doesn't just get ignored, it doesn't make sense to anyone but me. It doesn't convey. People just go "what is this crap?" and honestly, with all the work I put in before, having that happen over and over for several months just wore me out.

You want a concept? Fine. Mirran artificer who almost died and was saved Iron-Man style by the power of Koth and an artifice heart. Now, she carries on the battle from afar, in his style, with her knowhow as an artificer.
>>
>>49544464
Lastly, sorry for the blog everyone. I hate when I let people goad this kind of shit out of me. Thread doesn't need it. So forgive me, or don't, I guess. Either way.
>>
File: May Reilly Lady Spider.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
May Reilly Lady Spider.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>49544464
Oh goddamnit, Chrome freaked out and killed itself before I could finish the original response I had mostly gotten through. Short version: We've all been there, shit sucks sometimes, I'd like to get a link to a download of your completed set's MSE to put in the PasteBin for /ccg/ sets. Oh right, and I mentioned the possibility of posting on Reddit, or making a tripcode for yourself.

>concept
If she has such an artifact focus, I'd rather see her animate artifacts than lands. Or maybe she could spit out artifact tokens. The idea of having her sit back and command totally fits with her abilities in that none of them have her get into the action, smart move. Prowess is a bit odd to include, it just doesn't seem very artifact-y. I get that it can trigger off artifact spells, but then I'd rather just see
>Whenever you cast an artifact spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on each artifact you control.
Or something. Oh yeah, and here's my artifacts matter lady.

Oh, something else: If she's Iron Man, maybe she could have an Equipment focus?

>Viza
>I dunno what her powers are
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that DC does either. Which is part of why this card has been kicking my ass. Her power seems to be... having a bunch of ill-defined powers.
>WU
Well, couldn't I just make "tap or untap target creature" the WU ability then?
>UB
Thanks. Unfortunately, as Maro keeps telling us, Blue and Black have such little mechanical overlap it's hard to make abilities for the combination, which is also why it doesn't have an evergreen keyword yet. We've actually had a few threads devoted to making one, but none of them have really come up with anything good.
>BR
Piss. The original version had it ping a creature for 1, but for some reason, I changed it to -1/-1. What was I thinking? Well, what do you think of turning it back into ping?
>RG
Yeah, really should spend more time on this one.
>GW
Maybe I'll use Vigilance.
>>
File: Dara Spear of Oxidda.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dara Spear of Oxidda.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>49544464
I heard Iron Man and got a laser-shooting vibe. And a Bosh-vibe, I guess, since she's sort of Bosh-lite. Not quite the commander or Koth-inspired character though. Ended up being some sort of anti-Yisan, or anti-Aetherflux Reservoir. Because Cheerios needs more help to be a hilarious meme deck.

I hate naming characters.
>>
>>49544960
Make it cost 3 and be a rare
>>
>>49544997
>>49544960
Also adding the counter shouldn't be a cost
>>
>>49545004
Was based on Yisan, where its part of the cost. Although he taps for his, which means you can't (easily) chain activations for greater benefit. I sort of like the idea of sacrificing multiple things at a time to get N^2 damage rather than N(N+1)/2 damage.

Also, this prevents your sacrifices from being wasted if they juke the ability somehow.
>>
>>49544931
The only Iron-Man thing I meant for her was the heart thing; they both have an artifice device keeping their hearts alive. That's all. Don't focus too hard on it. And she has a Koth focus, not just an artifact focus. I was trying to emulate geomancy with artifice. No-go I guess. It's fine.

>set
You didn't want to do it the three times I mentioned it/asked when it was done, so why now? I'm not upset, I just figured it wasn't good enough to pass muster, so I stopped asking eventually.

>Red Spider
Pretty solid artifact deck commander. Isn't she supposed to be Aunt May in another continuity? I have no idea if her power level is okay or not; I'm not the best judge of anthem effects and animating noncreature permanents, obviously.

>Viza
>WU
Green likes to untap creatures, hence my suggestion to that effect.
>UB
Yeah nobody liked what I tried to suggest for that challenge.
>BR
Ping then loss of life for 1 is okay but it might call for a look at the activation cost.

>>49544960
Nonartifact creatures with charge counters on them are odd to me. Plays perhaps a bit too nicely with all those 0 cost artifacts out there (and there are a lot of them).
>>
>>49545091
Yeah. In an environment with Cathar's Shield, Bonesaw, or Thopter/Servo tokens, she probably gets a little bit crazy, since she only needs to hit 6 individual times for lethal, or less if you can do more than one at a time.
>>
File: Koth Mirran General.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Koth Mirran General.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49545091
>And she has a Koth focus, not just an artifact focus.
Koth is such a different card though. What about Koth cares about artifacts? Your card, as it is now, has an ability that makes an artifact creature, sorta, and another ability the benefits having artifact creatures. The first ability is like Koth, sure, but that's it. I mean, if she's supposed to be like Koth, why isn't she making mana? Why can't she make things ping? I mean, she doesn't even have any synergy with Koth, her land animations are weaker than his, so really, they would be competing. Oh, and speaking of Koth, here's this.

>set
I assumed you'd never finished anything before. Or it could've been my poor memory, or one of the times I wasn't here due to work. But if there are any MSE files you want in the PasteBin, just give me a link.

>Red Spider
Red Spider? She's Lady Spider. Unless she changed it in a comic. But yes, she's the Aunt May of a steampunk world, which I find hilarious.
>>
File: Power Overwhelming.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Power Overwhelming.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
How fucked up is this one?
>>
>>49545206
Sorry yeah, I dunno why I typed Red Spider. Tired I guess.

>>49545186
I mean that's certainly a Christmasland scenario to happen early on, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility to just flat win on turn 5.

>>49545222
Speaking of cards that love 0 cost artifact decks...
>>
File: Kaine the Scarlet Spider.jpg (110KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kaine the Scarlet Spider.jpg
110KB, 752x523px
>>49545315
Maybe you were thinking of Scarlet Spider? Shit, just remembered that I have to change this card since Wizards got rid of Regen.
>>
Updated ideas from a few threads ago.

Gibbet of the Night Market 1BUG
Legendary Creature- Treefolk
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, they choose one--
*Draw a card. ~'s controller draws a card.
*Another target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn. ~'s controller gains 4 life.
*Put two +1/+1 counters on target creature. ~'s controller puts two +1/+1 counters on target creature of their choice.
3/7

Spiteful Oak 2BG
Creature- Treefolk Shaman
Defender, Deathtouch
~ can block any number of creatures.
BG: ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
0/7

Wispweaver Neonate (w/b)(w/b)
Creature- Human Cleric
Whenever a nontoken creature dies, create a 0/0 white Spirit creature token with flying.
1/1

For the theme...

Eternal Spark
Instant
Whenever ~ enters your graveyard from anywhere, you may pay R. If you do, ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player, then shuffle it into your library.
>>
File: Forsake.png (293KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Forsake.png
293KB, 375x523px
Quite an odd card, if I do say so myself.
Now I know hex "shield" has appeared in green, but is it actually green? I feel like those were just unintentional loopholes formed while they were trying to find hexproof.
>>
>>49545680
Treefolk have only ever shown up in WBG and with the "equality" part of Gibbet, it feels like it should be that anyways. 3/7 is also ginormous. Creatures that have that high of toughness are either 0/7 walls or are associated with a pretty decent downside.

Spiteful Oak, again, ginormous for something that blocks everything, pumps itself, and has deathtouch. Even for a wall.

Wispweaver is kinda whatever. The double death triggers not being particularly exciting.

Eternal Spark is also a bit whatever. It's like a slightly better madness, but at the same time not actually playable.
>>
>>49546348
Shroud was in green and blue.
>>
>>49546545
This isn't shroud, idiot.
>>
>>49547137
Close enough. Whatever it is, it sure isn't Red.
>>
File: RDs Bandwagon.png (303KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RDs Bandwagon.png
303KB, 375x523px
>>49544464
<3 What was your set's name?

Also, Vehicle template.
>>
>>49544464
Chin up, Savage Anon. I've always been a fan of your work.
>>
>>49549310
How can you tell that's him?
>>
>>49549652
I've been here a while. I know the guy.
>>
>>49548417
...Unscrewed?
>>
File: Touch of Maro.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Touch of Maro.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49548417
>>
>>49550666
I love it.

>>49548417
This makes me want to do a cycle of "Conversion" cards. Flavor text would be something like "It's not removal, it's just [life/card/mana/etc.] conversion! That's totally different, because I say so!"
>>
>>49544464
>>49549310
Echoing this guy. Unlikely Veteran is basically my favorite card to come out of /ccg/.
>>
>>49546545
Well, blue I know. Green, I'm not so convinced about the offensive side.

4chan died, so I wasn't able to post earlier.
>>
OK, so what should the theme of the next thread be? You guys are a lot better at coming up with them than I am.
>>
File: Perch Sword of the Spires.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Perch Sword of the Spires.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49551510
We Innistrad again?
>>
>>49551808
OK. Classic flavor, or calamari?

>card
I dunno... seems kinda confused. I don't understand why you have to sac Perch if you don't put it on top of your library and tuck an opponent's creature then get to draw cards. What precisely are you trying to do with it? Do note that I'm fucking terrible at telling what cards are made for, so this is probably just me being too stupid to see it.
>>
>>49551808
If not when.
>>
>>49551847
The idea is he swoops down Batman-style to fuck things up and scampers away again, using tuck/libraries to convey verticality. Not going back on top of the library means not making it back up to his safehouse.

I guess it's a little obtuse.
>>
>>49552088
Maybe have him Unsummon or tuck on ETB, and give him an ability to flicker himself?

Also, you didn't answer my question. Innistrad's first block or second block? Or both?
>>
File: 1431069042043.png (273KB, 469x341px) Image search: [Google]
1431069042043.png
273KB, 469x341px
>>49552150
Either. Both.
>>
>>49552182
>OllieTakesTheShaft.png
>>
NT: >>49552351
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 121

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.