[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they pushing Nissa/Chandra so hard? What the fuck do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 39

File: 1472520707576.png (628KB, 1000x950px) Image search: [Google]
1472520707576.png
628KB, 1000x950px
Why are they pushing Nissa/Chandra so hard?

What the fuck do these two have in common at all?
>>
>>49492310
They are both girls.
>>
>>49492358

I guess lesbian protagonists are an easy way to score points with both the SJWs and virgins.
>>
>>49492310
They share a setting? That's usually enough to get the yuri shipping going (though even that is not actually required).
>>
What's this from?
>>
>>49492310

The ally-colored members of the gatewatch seem to get along better in general. Observe how Gideon and Jace are bros now despite having basically nothing in common.

It's like that Harry Potter quote about how there are some things you can't help but become friends after doing, only replace "knocking out a troll with his own club" with "Using Leyline Magic to channel-fireball eldritch abominations that might be as old as the universe itself to death."

Gideon respects Jace because Jace is the man with the plan and stood with him to do the right thing when others said it wasn't their problem and fucked off, while Jace respects Gideon for being brave and strong and honest and cool, which are all things Jace is not but kind of wishes he could be.

Nissa likes Chandra's free spirit and finds her emotional nature refreshing, presumably after far too many years around fellow stuffy, arrogant elves followed by a year of unrelenting hell only dealing with other shell-shocked burnouts. Chandra admires how Nissa seems rooted, calm, and at peace with herself, things she's never really been.

Liliana doesn't really like or respect any of them because she's a spiteful, self-serving bitch who only cares about herself.
>>
Liliana likes Chandras power. And Jace for ..other stuff.
>>
>>49492531
>Koth and Gideon will never get to kick ass together
;_;
>>
>>49492531
However, Liliana is clearly hurt by Jace refusing her now, making it obvious that despite every dickish move she pulled on him, she actually likes the man. And she sort of acts like some sort of big sister to Chandra, despite not being exactly what you would call a positive role model.
>>
>>49492310
The same thing Korra and Asami had in common.
>>
File: 636096159035565605.png (162KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
636096159035565605.png
162KB, 265x370px
>>49492310
You mean how they push Liliana/Chandra?
>>
>>49492610

She makes it pretty clear to Jace, by which I mean she tells him to his face, that she thinks of him like she'd think of her puppy. She likes him well enough, but if he dies, she'll be sad for a little while and then she'll move on.

She doesn't actually give a hot shit about Chandra, she just sees something she can manipulate in Chandra's emotional state and is pushing her so she can cultivate an ally since Nissa and Gideon don't like her and Jace knows what she's really like.
>>
>>49492628
Cheap pandering?
>>
>>49492650
Or rather this would be true if they were going to keep liliana as an evil character and not as a morally grey one. Which is totally what is gonna happen.
>>
>>49492771

I feel like that horse has left the barn. Besides, they HAD a morally gray-leaning heroic black character in Sorin before SOI fucked THAT up.
>>
>>49492628

The two best characters in a show filled with shit male characters?

Face it, pairing them up together was for the best, because every other choice would have been shit.

They did the best they could with the trainwreck of a cast.
>>
They literally have no mascots, they're playing catch-up.
>>
>>49492531
>Impliying Jace does not want Gideon'S Big, Hard and Throbbing GAINS
>>
>>49493782

Oh, he definitely has a huge man-crush on his new bro, I'm not denying that.

On the other hand he's also mind-holding-hands with Nissa a lot, and Nissa and Gideon are battle buddies and it's important to Gideon she feels comfy around him, Chandra's got kind of a thing with Gideon and is sort of friends with Jace...

Basically the Gatewatch is less the gays invading and more an orgy waiting to happen and Liliana's trying to get in on that action even though she doesn't respect any of them.
>>
>>49492531
That's to be expected, ally colours tend to have worldviews that are at least halfway understanding to each other.

>Liliana doesn't really like or respect any of them because she's a spiteful, self-serving bitch who only cares about herself.

She doesn't respect them because they arbitrarily limit what they'll do based on perceived lines that she doesn't respect or understand any more.

She likes at least two of them well enough, she gets on reasonably with Chandra due to liking her impulsive and headstrong nature and she both likes Jace for his accumulation of knowledge and his certain degree of ruthlessness and she simply is also in love with him.
>>
File: EN_Nahiri_Header.jpg (405KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Nahiri_Header.jpg
405KB, 1920x1120px
>>49492898
>Sorin was literally the hero Magic needed
>But he was a white male, so make him not to accomplish anything, and istead punish him for being the guy that knew what to do
>Bonus point if we destroy all his plane

What it hurts me the most, is that we didn't get that momen in which avacyn recognices him as his father and ask forgiveness
>>
>>49493823

I don't honestly think Liliana could be said to love anyone or anything but herself. She loved her brother once, but since then an obsessive devotion to her own survival and acquistion of power and loyalty to absolutely nothing else means other people aren't really people to Liliana.

People are things. You can like your things, you can protect your things, but they are still just things, not people as important as you are.

To be fair to Liliana, many planeswalkers seem to think this way. Nahiri doesn't see destroying Innistrad as genocide, she sees it as breaking Sorin's stuff.
>>
>>49492310
>these two
>in common
not happening, they're rares, if not mythics.
>>
>>49492531
>Liliana is the B planeswalker for the jacetice league
I'm still amused as how they choose the worst mono B character to be on the protagonist team.
>>
>>49492609
>Gideon will never meet Elspeth
>Gideon will never tag team with her to take on Heliod and Erebos
>they will never stop the Phyrexians with Koth

At least he's gonna meet Ajani at some point.
>>
My best outcome would be this
>next big threat faces the jacetice league
>shit is going down, dire straights
>Chandra & Gideon go down
>Liliana has to step up
>out of fucking no where Garruk
>Garruk kills Liliana, finally finding justice
>shit Garruk we needed that black mana
>Garruk changes from Green/Black to Black
>rises to the occasion
>Garruk's Oath
If only
>>
>>49493856
>Nahiri doesn't see destroying Innistrad as genocide, she sees it as breaking Sorin's stuff.
She is an oldwalker so you can't really judge her for being that way. And Liliana is an oldwalker too, so maybe it's that. Or maybe that's just because they are women
>>
>>49493937
>suffer a personality change which shifts you fully into Black
>step up and take community responsability
kek
>>
>>49493969

Sorin, Bolas, and Ugin aren't that different, either. Sorin has long since stopped giving a fuck about individual lives except his own, Bolas NEVER gave a shit about anyone but himself, and both tend to view others as resources more than people, although Sorin felt some manner of fondness for mortals in general even if he viewed individual mortals as nothing but food.

Ugin's pretty clear that he considers even millions of lives a statistic compared to the rest of the universe. Zendikar being utterly destroyed would have been preferable to the unknown outcome of destroying two titans.
>>
>>49493937
Actually, he'd probably go on to kill everyone else in the gatewatch, because they're palling around with Liliana and Jace. Might as well go full black and kill the lot of them so that they don't spring up looking for vengeance.
>>
>>49493746
They could not insert canerous romance plots and had Korra remain single. Or have an offscreen partner. Romance was the weakest point of both the last airbender and Korra.
>>
>>49492310
Literally who?
>>
>>49492310
Remember when Nissa was elf Hitler who only went to Lorwyn to learn their elvish black magic so she could use it to lead Zendikar elves to planar domination?
>>
>>49493823
>and she both likes Jace for his accumulation of knowledge and his certain degree of ruthlessness and he's hung like a horse
Fixed, senpai.
>>
>>49494286
I'm sad we will probably never get a black/green planeswalker card out of her.
>>
>>49494233
Elf hitler who embraced multiculturalism and girl who thinks that if fire does not solve a problem you that means you didn't stoke it hot enough.
>>
>>49494301

I suspect Jace is actually fairly inadequate in that department but she could peg him.
>>
>>49494335
Where's it from? I like the sound of Elf Hitler
>>
>>49494336
No that's the point, he is a smart and brooding good boy nerd just like you who you can realte to, but he also goo with the ladies and even bad girls like him, lik you wish they would. That's why he is the main protagonist.

>>49494367
It's from Magic the Gathering. Too late though, she stared as a racist elf supremacist, but later learned that all people are good and races are equal and all should work together setting all the differences off and fun stopped right there.
>>
>>49493817
>Basically the Gatewatch is less the gays invading and more an orgy waiting to happen
Pretty much.
>>
>>49494425

Everyone hated Nissa when she was an elf supremacist. People only claimed that was interesting after the fact when her backstory was changed.
>>
>>49492310
Desperation to push the gaywatch and appeal to the Marvel fanboys/girls.

Anyway you frame it, it's cancer and I want yawgmoth to come back and end it all. Make it all one big screaming toaster.
>>
>>49494458

I don't see why the Gatewatch being able to defeat the Titans is treated as unmitigated bullshit but people selectively forget Yawgmoth's defeat was primarily due to Commodore Guff relentlessly breaking the fourth wall.
>>
I'm honestly surprised there isn't a story floating around where Nissa and Chandra use Vinepeens to impregnate each other.
>>
>>49494477
>Commodore Guff relentlessly being Commodore Guff.
fixed that for you.
>>
>>49492310
>implying they weren't just pushing Liliana/Chandra
Chandra is such a damn lesbian. Look at the fucking color wheel. Both of the guys from the Gatewatch are across from red.
>>
>>49494500
Why people can't just accept Jund threesomes is beyond me.
>>
>>49494500

Being bisexual falls pretty squarely in Red's free love wheelhouse.
>>
>>49493937
>>49494015
>>49494141

I like the idea. Garruk's "oath" could also be a sort of ironic reprise to the others, possibly with nasty implications. Since he now hunts planes walkers for sport, he could see the collective Jacetice League as an even greater challenge. He wouldn't exactly hang out with them, but he'd keep track of what they're doing and show up to pitch in during climactic events... while studying them carefully and planning how to take them all out. Developing this ability for social maneuvering could also represent his change to pure black.

>To bring down the greatest and most dangerous game... I'll keep watch.

Of course, they're eventually going to have to kill or cripple him somehow. This could also tie in to the trend of the black mana representative of the Gatewatch being killed/removed and replaced by a new blackwalker.
>>
>>49494531

This. Chandra has oogled Gideon. If he walked up to her and said "Ey bb want sum fuk?" She would hop on that dick.

However, the story clearly has her infatuated with Nissa. She spilled her fucking spaghetti when she tried talking to her.
>>
>>49493828
I see you, Chandere. Sorin was a fucking faggot who deserved what he got.

>hmm I see there's a problem on this plane
>this could destroy the multiverse or worse
>well, at least it's not on innistrad
>*planeswalks away*

I get that having no sense of duty or justice is a legit character flaw, but Sorin went out of his way to be such a passive character that it made him objectively more hateable than any other Planeswalker to date.

>>49494525
>>49494531
I take it back. I want the lesbian threeway.
>>
File: 96.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
96.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>49494456
Yeah, i was the only one who liked her bakc then.

And now she goes around shaming racist elves for ethnic clensings.
>>
>>49494546
>"I'm Garrukman."
Also by now he probably has a voice gravelier than Downton Abbey's driveway.
>>
>>49492310
They're both complete psychos?
>>
>>49494546
Garruk needs to join the Legion of Doom, take their "oath" or whatever, and then hunt down the Jacetice League members.
>>
>>49494614

To be fair, Lorwyn Elves should probably have wanted to murder Nissa on sight because she looks insufficiently like them to be considered beautiful and is therefore an abomination.
>>
File: Vampire trolling.jpg (99KB, 1388x254px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire trolling.jpg
99KB, 1388x254px
>>49494604
Sorin did nothing wrong
>>
>>49494669
Nah, she doesn't have hooves or horns, but while mechanically they use anti non-elf spells, they are not technically racist, they just hate ugly people and half of Lorwyn races look ugly compared to an elf, and Nissa is not ugly and is good looking for a humanoid, and was chill with genocide at that time, so was ok for them.
>>
>>49494621
I was thinking less "brooding batmanesque antihero" and more "clearly psychopathic serial killing wild man who we're only working with because he maaay be getting better and we don't exactly have much of a talent pool to draw from. Also, he may not have the best intentions for us."

I'll admit I just want this because I think there should be a pattern of the black Gatewatcher being killed and replaced by a new one every so often. It fits with black and its callousness.
>>
>>49494769

Lorwyn Elves consider getting a minor scar on your face a deformity so horrifying they expel you from their society forever rather than have to look at you. Are you telling me they'd seriously consider an elf with no horns or hooves anything but "KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT"?
>>
File: 1344447794359.jpg (888KB, 1730x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1344447794359.jpg
888KB, 1730x1194px
>>49492630
Yeeeeesssss
>>
>>49494769
I dunno, Rhys got called an eyeblight just for getting his horns Hellboy'd, I think, and he still looked pretty good other than that.
>>
File: AGTneZ5.png (478KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
AGTneZ5.png
478KB, 900x600px
>>49494808
Was it rape?
>>
File: 1344673287999.jpg (333KB, 1308x764px) Image search: [Google]
1344673287999.jpg
333KB, 1308x764px
>>49494871
Ehhhh, I don't get that vibe. Sure, Lilly is totally Dom, but I don't think the sexy times are coerced.
>>
>>49494808
>>49494833
>>49494871
>>49494894
...needs more Nissa.
>>
>>49494953
I could go for the 3-way just because Nissa clearly thinks she's a dom and Liliana would shut her down immediately.
>>
>>49494975
>"Well go on then."
>"W-What?"
>"If you're so experienced at being a dom, don't just stand there, show us."
>"Yeah!...What she said!"
>>
File: 55.jpg (359KB, 901x1280px) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
359KB, 901x1280px
>>49494953
>>
File: MTG_Jace_Weenie.jpg (165KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
MTG_Jace_Weenie.jpg
165KB, 400x560px
>>49492310
>What the fuck do these two have in common at all?

Jace's weenies.
>>
>>49494807
Nissa literally went to Lorwyn in her origin. They treated her more like a curiosity than anything else and even invited her to hunt eyeblights
>>
File: that smug anime girl.png (42KB, 250x331px) Image search: [Google]
that smug anime girl.png
42KB, 250x331px
>MtG
>story
You're only allowed to care about one of these.
>>
>>49494604
>hur dur if you think Doug and the gang making Sorin and The Bitch have a shared aneurism is bullshit you must be this one namefag

Chandere's too much an attention whore to false flag, both of the "villains" of SOI were forced into being morons so the story team could write themselves out a corner.

The reason it's more offensive with Sorin is that he was older and well liked and they made him an idiot and left him perpetually crucified unable to planeswalk.

Which is bullshit by the way because Venser could do it with his head encased in stone. The story team went off the fucking rails with SOI.
>>
>>49495066
I would those elf tiddies

>>49495732
Does flavor count?
>>
>>49495753
>The story team went off the fucking rails with SOI.

Do not even remmember me about that. They say Innistrad is the only plane where Werewolves exist, but there is an old card of a fucking black Werewolf.

How do they explain that?
>>
>>49495899
Flavour text from cards doesn't count as story, no.
>>
Are they actually going with the lesbian route or is this just more /u/ fanfiction?
>>
>>49496194
It's part fanfiction part truth. They're really pushing the interactional boundaries of the color wheel which, as we all know, will end up misrepresenting itself as romantic feelings. What could have easily been maximum bro-mode between Nissa and Chandra (see Gilgamesh and Enkindu) will probably end up being some spaghetti-tier romance fling that'll stop after Chandra decides to stay on Kaladesh.
>>
File: image.png (261KB, 540x805px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
261KB, 540x805px
>>49496324
>Breaking up the Jacetice league
>Implying
EVERY BLOCK FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE!!!
>>
>>49495381
>Origins
You mean the retcon where they ignore how Llorwyn elves are so hostile to everything that differs from them that the term "Xenophobic" doesn't even begin to be strong enough?
>>
>>49494975
>>49495021
I don't know, Nissa seems more like the tantric type. She'll fuck your mind so well you'd think Jace was involved.

Luckily they're in India right now, so she should be able to pick up the practice from the source.
>>
>>49494871
Just because she didn't explicitly say yes doesn't mean she thought no :^)
>>
>>49496729
In bed Liliana would destroy Nissa like a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus and you know it.
>>
>>49496827
Well duh, Liliana has a few thousand years of experience while Nissa only has like a hundred or so.
I'm just saying Nissa probably wouldn't try and dom in the first place.
>>
>>49492310
So, which of the stories has the Nissa/Chandra hinting? Cause I only want to read that one.
>>
>>49492310
Fire spreads around trees.
>>
>>49497143
The last story of Oath of the Gatewatch, where they bond over having nuked the eldrazi and saved Nissa's world
The somewhat awful one from two Wednesdays ago where Nissa is meditating, Chandra tries, and the spaghetti burns through her pants.
>>
>>49496968
>few thousand years
Liliana is not older than 300
>>
>>49497240
How long ago was the mending in canon?
>>
>>49498174

Like 60-70 years ago. And Liliana is like 230 or so.
>>
>>49495152
kek
>>
>>49493937
I just want Garruk to slaughter this shitty team and for Wizards to realise that superhero marketing isn't going to get them the fat shekels they're after.
>>
File: age gap best gap.png (598KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
age gap best gap.png
598KB, 500x800px
>complaining about purest love

ffffffaggots
>>
>>49496544
hopefully there will be less retcons going forward now that creative has an idea of where they are going instead of just knowing where they are now.
>>
>>49499813

This shit has to happen to half-elves and elves living in human communities all the fucking time.
>>
>>49494894
How can anyone be half as BASED as Steve Argyle?
>about to do Gencon 2015
>breaks his hand a week before event, can't do art or signings on site
>pushed through the pain to make one proper signature, has it converted into a stamp
>stamps any cards or artwork people want his signature on, signed "Steve Argyle (gimpy hand edition)"

Oh yeah, and he drew this and refused to take it down when WotC threw a shitfit because Fair Use lol
>>
>>49499486
The mending was ~30 years ago: Venser was in his 40s-50s at death
>>
>>49500777
I thought he 100% complied and took it down. And put it back up as the internet never forgets.
>>
File: diabolictutor[1].jpg (39KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
diabolictutor[1].jpg
39KB, 265x370px
>>49492379
pic related

There were cuties at the prerelease
There have never been cuties at the prerelease
>>
>>49493817
>On the other hand he's also mind-holding-hands with Nissa a lot
Based on his reactions in his mental tower fortress thing, he's less close to Nissa than he is to others in the group.
>>
>>49494039
>>49493969
Liliana does care a bit more than Sorin, Bolas, Ugin, Nahiri and company, I think. She wasn't an Oldwalker for very long, so the attitude didn't quite have time to crystallise her perspective. She's definitely further from a grounded perspective than the rest of the Gatewatch, but she's nowhere near as far gone as the others I named.
>>
>>49494336
I think Liliana mentioned in one story that he actually wasn't too bad. He's not a sex god, but he's not a blushing virgin either.
>>
File: Oh man oh jeez.jpg (77KB, 345x311px) Image search: [Google]
Oh man oh jeez.jpg
77KB, 345x311px
>>49495152
>>49501432

Liliana is clearly setting up a Grixsis threesome.
Chandra have had her eye on that ass for a while now too.
>>
>>49501582
>Not a Glint-Eye foursome that goes full WUBRG when Gideon walks in on it.
Shame on you.
>>
File: Gideon.png (46KB, 943x345px) Image search: [Google]
Gideon.png
46KB, 943x345px
>>49492531

Since a friend of a friend is a friend, doesn't that just mean they'll never get pissed off with each other?
>>
>>49501773

I kind of like the idea of Gideon pulling the stuff he did with Noyan Dar and trolling the shit out of Liliana while never seeming anything less than the nice, honest, straightforward bro we all know him to be.

Liliana wants to tear her hair out, but has no choice but to grin and bear it because the idea of admitting the one she dismissed as man-meat because he's nice to people is outsmarting her is even worse.
>>
>>49497143
homesick

>>49494603
>>49497175
>spaghetti
don't forget the part from nissa's pov where she feels like chandra is her nourishing sun
>>
>>49501432
>There have never been cuties at the prerelease
There have been cute girls on prereleases for at least a couple of years now.
>>
>>49502930
We're talking about ones that aren't printed on cardboard.

I mean we get to see a red character display an emotion othe than "smug" or "smash" now. I'm all for it.
>>
>>49502989
>We're talking about ones that aren't printed on cardboard.
So am I.
>>
>>49502930
>cute girls on prereleases
>cute
What is life like in paradise?
>>
>>49501582
Those are some impressive Mountain lands Chandra has there. Or is it the art and/or armour deceiving me?
>>
>>49502726
And that Chandra collects sleepy kittens if she sits still for five minutes.
>>
>>49503614
They're extra spacious pockets.
>>
>>49494531
They are motherfucking planeswalkers.
If they wanted, they'd grow/make/summon/steal dicks, tits, or full bodies made however they wanted. They might just switch their sexual brain chem over to react to something else, the flow of mana or whatever. Or make air into drugs that also hit that switch.
They're beyond sexual orientation, they're literally anything and everything they want to be - and so are their partners.
>>
>>49503654
Anon, they're nu-planeswalkers, not the old-style gods
>>
File: Jace-Unraveler-of-Secrets.jpg (72KB, 600x820px) Image search: [Google]
Jace-Unraveler-of-Secrets.jpg
72KB, 600x820px
>>49503654
>Jace can pretty much look however he wants via glamour
>he chooses to look like a chuuni dork
what a fucking nerd
>>
>>49503654
The days of oldwalker gods are over, those guys are just planeswalking wizards.
>>
>>49492310
get
BACK
TO FUCKING BOLAS
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF THIS SHIT, GIVE ME BACK MY IMMORTAL DRAGON-GOD
WHERE IS THIS PLOT GOING
>>
>>49503689
Being fair, Jace could make full-sensory illusory organs (or people) and Nissa could probably make magical living accessories that transfer sensation.
>>
>>49503717
Next block m8. We're going to Nicol Bolas' magical egyptian funhouse plane.
>>
File: image.png (40KB, 324x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40KB, 324x305px
>>49501773

>Look at Jace. Eating spaghetti out of his pockets. Again.

every time
>>
>>49503674
Nah, Liliana says that he usually has an illusion that makes him look a lot more imposing, taller, and generally more authoritative. She just knows it because she's seen him with it and without it.
>>
>>49503717
>>
File: card.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
card.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49494894
>I don't think the sexy times are coerced.
As long as Chandra didn't discard something of Liliana's chosing...
>>
>>49503717
>WHERE IS THIS PLOT GOING?
Fortunately for you, right back to Bolas.
>he didn't hear about Amonkhet
>>
>>49492310
This is my favourite thing in magic right now. Worst Elf and Chandra are my fave planeswalkers.
>>
>>49501824
I thought that was what was supposed to be happening, since gideon had her followed on ravnica because he knows she can't be trusted.
>>
>>49503654
For Oldwalkers I'd believe that, but I thought new-walkers were a bit more limited; basically just mages with internal mana batteries and planeshift at will?
>>
>>49504008
And the ability to learn spells from a variety of planes, plus the ability to hold mana bonds from multiple planes at once.

Otherwise yes. Neowalkers are much more limited than Oldwalkers were, and for good reason.
>>
>>49495901
He came from Innistrad, obviously.
>>
>>49501432
This card, but Liliana is telling Chandra what to do with a tied-up Nissa off-panel.
>>
>>49494953
https://exhentai.org/g/565110/d317793678/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZkqevyCrgY
Monoblack Aetherborn Pilot?
>>
>>49504277
The Aetherborn Pilot gives the Vehicle it's crewing Menace
>>
>>49504277
>>49504294
When Monoblack Aetherborn Pilot enters the battlefield gain control of target vehicle and it gains haste
>>
>>49503881
>go to Amonkhet
>Ajani wants to bring Elspeth back from the dead
>they gang up and somehow kill off Bolas
>Bring back Elspeth
>Go and find Karn and Koth, terminate the Phyrexian menace
>now the writers have free reign to write new Jacetice League enemies
>they're all complete ass
This story is going to die real fast. If it wasn't for the fact that I want to stick my dick in every one of Chandra's holes I would stop reading and get a life.
>>
File: 1473429290299.gif (929KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473429290299.gif
929KB, 200x200px
>>49504626
Bolas has swept every walker so far, you sound desperate. Bolas dragon dildo when?
>>
>>49504626
>>they gang up and somehow kill off Bolas
I don't buy it. Bolas could flatten all the Gatewatch at once, with minimal effort. Ob Nixilis already nearly did, and comparing Obnoxious to Bolas is comparing a desk lamp to a supernova.

We've seen what happened when he faced down Jace in Agents of Artifice. He fucked his shit up without even trying, in less than a second, and he did it purely for lulz when he could have easily crushed him from the other side of the plane without even coming close to him.
>>
>>49504648
I just have this sinking feeling about Amonkhet. You know the writing team is going to pull some bullshit or have Bolas reanimate Elspeth to fight against the Gatewatch or something like that. Either way I know Bolas is going to "lose" again and fun times will be had by all.
>>
>>49503624
>chandra is talking with Nissa
>Ajani walks over and falls asleep leaning against her
>>
>>49492310
Chandra's talked about finding Gideon attractive, so I'm not sure if this is leading to a romantic thing.

It's just when Nissa and Chandra got together and literally Channeled Fireball on Zendikar, they basically mindmelded. So now they have this weird emotional closeness that comes with having your souls smashed together that Chandra doesn't know what to do with.
>>
>>49504729
>Nissa and Chandra do some astral hand holding.
>Chandra gets all flustered.
I-it's not like I w-wanted to use your mana to p-pay the X in my casting cost or anything. Y-you just h-had some extra, and we shouldn't w-waste it, b-baka.
>>
Could someone please post some more Nissa/Chandra pics? Thank you.
>>
>>49505177
Do not tell me what to do.
>>
File: OItnWGv.png (62KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
OItnWGv.png
62KB, 300x200px
>>49505211
>>
>>49504955
>two women telepathically hold hands with a male proxy facilitating for them
>too lewd for the internet
>extremely progressive writing, awards for years
>the lesbian relationship you needed to have
>>
>>49504077
>black werewolf planeswalker from Innistrad that we never knew about
I would go totally "Oh, you" now, but this is something they would actually do to explain their own stupidity.
>>
>>49505331
>ywn watch Chandra spaghetti herself to death while confessing her love to Nissa
>>
>>49504263
I fapped so har at this...
>>
>>49505347
But that would be cool. MtG fluff is like comic book continuity - of course it's stupid, but the interesting part can be clever people making the puzzle pieces fit.
>>
>>49494894
>I don't get that vibe
Chandra sure will, if you get what I mean ;^)
>>
File: 1473295695099.jpg (588KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1473295695099.jpg
588KB, 1200x675px
>>49503674
agreed

>>49503740
haha fucking manlet autistic beta cuck
Literally THE self insert character of mtg players
>>
>>49507297
Every UR that mentions heights mentions how he's shorter than...basically everyone he encounters.
>>
>>49503740
And this is why you always kill the telepaths first.
>>
>>49508476
>daily reminder that he could be beaten up by 4 little girls
>>
>>49494975
>>49495021
Why do people want Nissa to be submissive? She's too proud for that. Nissa is not for mindbreaking.
>>
>>49508668
>She's too proud
Good job answering your own question.
>>
>>49508668
>elf
>not for mindbreaking
come again?
>>
>>49508692
>>49508706
Nissa is too pure for that.
>>
>>49505938
Actually i don't, would you please explain what do you mean? please share every detail
>>
>>49508814
Anon.
That's the point of defiling her.

Have you really never dug through this upright, uptight blonde actress's past work hoping she contracted with dogfart at one point?
>>
>>49508814
>Pure and proud elf getting destroyed
That's my fetish, anon.
>>
>>49508907
>That's the point of defiling her.
I don't want to see her defiled though.

No I'm not a degenerate, sorry.
>>
>>49508975
That's a real nice sentiment and all, but you do know that so long as Lilly, Chandra, and Nissa are running around together in the Gatewatch, Nissa will get more and more corrupted, right?
>>
File: praise.jpg (639KB, 1352x932px) Image search: [Google]
praise.jpg
639KB, 1352x932px
>>49508975
Well, there's other ways to make elf submit, more gentle but equally effective...
>>
>>49508972
But Nissa's proud in a nice way, not proud in a bitchy way.
Nissa's for protecting, not mindbreaking.

tfw you can't do anything to a girl without 'defiling' her.
>>
>>49508995
She doesn't like Liliana and wants to naturalize the chain veil like she did the eye of Ugin and serves as Chandra's good angel. That's the opposite of getting corrupted since she's drawing out the best in others.
>>
File: Chandra reference.png (2MB, 1936x940px) Image search: [Google]
Chandra reference.png
2MB, 1936x940px
>>49508995
>Lilly and Chandra
>corrupting Nissa
I think you got i all wrong.
>>
>>49509021
Yes, but that's just a token facade. Do you really think Lilly going to work on the members won't be the reason the Gatewatch eventually collapses?
WotC has said the Gatewatch won't stick around forever.
>>
>>49509021
She did WHAT?
>>
>>49508972
Well it's not mine. and I don't like it.

>>49508995
I'm hoping the inverse happens where she makes them less corrupted.

>>49509006
Nissa would hate headpats though.

>>49509054
I don't see the reference in that Needless pic.
>>
File: 1439949291420.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1439949291420.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
>>49509071
You forgot how Nissa was the biggest winner of the Zendikar vs Eldrazi story?
>Plane told her to get the eldrazi out of it.
>At the planes prompting, and a desire to spite Sorin who just mind choked her and their party, Nissa broke the Eye of Ugin, freeing the eldrazi like the plane told her
>Emrakul gained enough mana and fucked off to think, so she was 1/3rd of the way right about them leaving.
>Then the plane powers her up with the ability to control and channel entire planes worth of mana, so long as the plane isn't mostly one of green's enemy colors, so she can't do it on Innistrad and Ravnica.
>She draws the rune on Zendikar that made Ulamog and Kozilek vulnerable, then channeled Chandra's fireball via vaguely lesbian hand holding.
>All the life on Zendikar comes back, minus the fuck dangerous roil, leaving the whole plane ready for "Zendikar 3: The new frontier" the set
>Later on, Emrakul seals itself in the moon of Innistrad.
>End result: Nissa has a fuckton of power, Zendikar is saved and rejuvenated, the eldrazi can now no longer hurt planes until Emrakul figures out what the fuck is going on, and until then Emrakul is safe in a seal that literally no one has the power to fuck up for their own purposes.
>>
>>49509116
>I don't see the reference in that Needless pic.
Imagine both of them telling Chandra to burn things.
>>
>>49494188

Fuck off, tumblr, Aang had one waifu once he got over his popularity, treated her right, and had legitimate chemistry with her. Korra and Asami was desperate pandering to tumblr to save a floundering series.
>>
>>49509192
I absorb most of my M:tG lore through /tg/ memes rather than reading up the source material...
>>
>>49509284
Which is why this place is mostly an insular circlejerk detached from the real world and the actually correct information that comes from it.
>>
>>49509192
Just watch, the Eldrazi are just a force of nature to devour planes and make way for new ones and with two dead and one sealed new planes that spawn will crash into currently existing ones.
>>
>>49509303
Real world as in the canon lore or the real real world?
Either way, yes, that seems to be accurate observation.
>>
>>49509347
In that case Nissa was even more right because at the very least now Emrakul can let herself out to do what she can to stop that from happening.
Compare the situation with the Eye, where all three eldrazi were stuck there fucking up Zendikar.
>>
>>49493746
>Bolin
>Shit

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1409711259633.png (4KB, 180x222px) Image search: [Google]
1409711259633.png
4KB, 180x222px
>>49509234
You do realize most people have multiple partners throughout their lives right?

Korra and Asami worked well together and had about a season and a half of working together without Bolin or fireguybrother around plus writing to each other constantly over the course of the several year time skip.

It was fine, it wasn't the greatest but it wasn't as fucking awful as you autistic retards terrified of everything that isn't the male lead ending up with the female lead.
>>
File: 1419137681532.gif (678KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
1419137681532.gif
678KB, 500x266px
>>49509396
>fireguybrother

Mako*

Just remembered his name, I liked him I just couldn't remember his name as I was typing the post
>>
Gatewatch...Overwatch...the control of the internet passing from America into the hands of the UN...does anyone else ever feel like it's trying to prep our culture for some kind of superhuman secret police commanded by a one-world government?
>>
>>49509482
Just volunteer at work for a job that gets you a security clearance. Fastest way into the NWO.
>>
>>49509656
This, conspiracy theorists seem dumb at times. When the metaphorical guard changes is the best time to get into positions of power, wealth, and/or influence. Dummies. Don't fight the system, join it. Become a part of it. Make it work for you.
>>
>>49509482
Overwatch was a failure and the former members are all washed-up has-beens.
>>
>>49509192

>Zendikar and literally everyone who lives there that knows about other planes immediately think "make the Eldrazi go somewhere else! Who cares if someone else's home gets eaten as long as they leave us alone!"
>With the exception of Sorin, who tries to keep them out in the first place, everything Emrakul can't eldrazify is trying to kill her, to the point she gets frustrated and hides in the moon until she can figure something out.

I'm not saying Zendikari are whiny little bitches, but they are.
>>
>>49499813
>being a c/u/ck

Women who don't like men are a waste.
>>
>undercut white males (make them short, awkward, or boring)
>stress female romantic friendship bordering on and straying into relationships.

Good...good...the white boys will grow up as freaks and the white girls will grow up gay or "adventuresome" enough to prefer men from more "vibrant" cultures. All proceeds according to plan.
>>
>>49511310
oh m8
>>
>>49508692

Why not mindbreak Lilliana instead? Garruk raping her into submission while Chandra watches in horror would be the best.
>>
>>49509007

It's because you're a boy. Girls are for girls.
>>
>>49511359
>unironically liking rape
I know they're big fundamentalists over at /pol/ but c'mon now.
>>
>>49509396

Dyke pandering is never good.
>>
>>49509347
I can already imagine Muraganda crashing with a High Magic plane:

T-Rex Mage Planeswalker.

Also, I would like to see a come back on that plane where everyone is Oldwalkers/Gods/4thwall/Something like that which Urza visited once. It is one of my favourite planes.
>>
>>49493969
Oldwalkers who acted like this were either evil or mad. Urza wasn't an asshole because lololdwalker, he was an asshole because he was an asshole.

>muh oldwakers
Is an excuse for shitty writing.
>>
>>49509656
>thinking that makes you anything but a slightly more tightly-leashed pawn

Topkek.

>>49509758

Fuck that gay coward nonsense, some of us like the free world and don't want to see Planet EU.
>>
>>49511329

Is that not where the propaganda is pointing?
>>
>>49511389

Did you complain when it was Lilliana mindbreaking Nissa? No? Then why start now?
>>
>>49511510
>row row fight the power....because 'fuck the man?'
>>
>>49495901
They want to forget Ulgothra exists.
Which means, now that vampires on Innistrad are abominations or Falkenrath survivors and everything Ravnica ever has to be guild-publicity stamped harder than a soccer player shirt, we'll never see classic Victorian/Edwardian vampires in magic again.
>>
>>49511479
Nothing is oldwalkers anymore
>>
>>49504666
I wouldn't be surprised if they can't even beat Tezzeret.
Then again, WotC wants to be Marvel, and if there's something the MCU loves doing is wasting villains.
>>
>>49511856
Tezzeret would be a godly villain. 10 to 1 says he becomes the replacement Big Bad for the Eldrazi.
>>
>>49511894
Oh please, Jace 1v1'd him in Agents of Artifice
>>
File: 1386028409315.png (4KB, 386x308px) Image search: [Google]
1386028409315.png
4KB, 386x308px
>>49495152
>>
>>49509192
>>Then the plane powers her up with the ability to control and channel entire planes worth of mana, so long as the plane isn't mostly one of green's enemy colors, so she can't do it on Innistrad and Ravnica.
She can't go maximum oversoul on any plane except Zendikar. She's an animist who can demand mana from leylines on any plane, but Zendikar the living plane is the only one where she can shape the leylines at will (such as, say, spawning several million beneath her feet).
>>
>>49493871
Underrated post.
>>
>>49507297
this is fucking amazing
>>
File: 1428662639684.jpg (24KB, 402x411px) Image search: [Google]
1428662639684.jpg
24KB, 402x411px
>>49511004
>>49511471
>>
>>49494808
>implying chandra doesn't fuck like a wildcat
>>
>>49512946
>Can't respond without an ad hominem in a reaction image.

Low energy, sad!
>>
>>49513050
That is all your retarded post(s) deserve.
>>
>>49494425
>all people are good and races are equal

Judaism detected.
>>
File: KLD_Deadlock_Trap_Gallery_0.jpg (328KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
KLD_Deadlock_Trap_Gallery_0.jpg
328KB, 1200x675px
THIS IS THE FACE OF M:TG YURI
>>
>>49509347

Actually, the story directly implied that is exactly what the eldrazi do. Moreso, it's heavily implied that Kozilek and Ulamog were not true eldrazi, but we're more or less created by Emrakul by fusing all life on a plane.

Emrakul didn't consume Innistrad because it wasn't ready. It's still very much alive, and its likely the same reason she left Zendikar. Ula and Kozi didn't know any better, so they stayed to do what they were programmed to do.

What is really scary is that Emrakul basically said that there were others far beyond herself.
>>
File: 1395684004587.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1395684004587.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>49493817
>Basically the Gatewatch is less the gays invading and more an orgy waiting to happen and Liliana's trying to get in on that action even though she doesn't respect any of them.
>>
>>49494477
>Commodore Guff relentlessly breaking the fourth wall

What? It's been a while, but I don't remember him being more than "zany."

I remember the BS about the moon actually being a white mana collector for magic nukes aka technological WoG, and the gratuitous planeswalkers-in-mechs bit with mandatory "just as planned" from Urza, though.
>>
>>49494477
Invasion was godawful. The idea is to NOT be bad.
>>
>>49513473

The biggest thing I remember was Guff erasing part of his book. Erasing the ending where Phyrexia won, I think.
>>
>>49494500
>>49494525
my "Jund Lesbians" EDH deck
>>
>>49513587
>Jund "Superfriends" will be the best deck in standard
>You'll get banned if you call it Jund Lesbians, or at least be made to apologize like the Bugs n' Thugs guy.
>>
>>49513219
God that art made me mad.
>hey, you know this not bad/10 card?
>yeah, let's put two angry women on it and call it a day

What the fuck is a deadlock trap even?
I love getting rares with no flavor text and not even informative art.
I shouldn't need to go to the wiki for information this simple.
>>
>>49513454
To be entirely fair: most planeswalkers lead a very lonely existence. The only people who can really understand them -- and keep up with them -- are other planeswalkers or certain powerful entities on favored planes like Avacyn.
>>
>>49512684
True, but that means she's practically an oldwalker in terms of power on Zendikar, and can still syphon mana directly from the leylines that make a plane everywhere else.
>>
>>49513473
Guff was like Deadpool played serious. The old lore threads had a screeenshot where they explained the end of the phyrexia saga, but basically he already knew they were going to lose because he had READ THE BOOK and it said "And then phyrexia wins"
so the others convince him to tear out the pages and write a new one where they win. So they win. Or something like that.
>>
>>49513859
I'm guessing the two of them got stuck in a vault or something somewhere.
>>
>>49493881
Well, Sorin is in a whole different ballpark of powerlevels (leaving aside the history with Nahiri), Ob Nixilis is a straight-up villain... There weren't many other choices.
>>
>>49513374
>What is really scary is that Emrakul basically said that there were others far beyond herself.
When did it say that?
>>
>>49516642
It's a pity that Lord Windgrace is dead.
>>
>>49493899
>koth and gideon will never tag team elspeth
God is dead and maro killrd him
>>
>>49518420
It's an even worse pity that Yawgmoth is dead. I'd pay good money to see him face off in shadow games against Nicol Bolas.
>>
File: 1473424478062.png (246KB, 415x415px) Image search: [Google]
1473424478062.png
246KB, 415x415px
>>49518449
>Yawgmoth is dead
>>
>>49518449

Yawgmoth didn't really do shadow games. He just drowned your plane in black mana techno-horrors, because that rarely failed as far as plans went.
>>
>>49518570
As a doornail, the saying goes, yes.
>>
>>49492310
dey got tets, an tets is grat
>>
>>49518599
Yawgmoth is the Phyrexian oil itself, he will never truly die.
>>
>>49518637

The oil is his legacy, but Yawg himself is super double dead. All the phyrexians even treat him as dead, that's why the Preators needed a NEW father of machines.
>>
>Elesh Norn and Sheoldred will never become planeswalkers and go on comedic genocidal holidays together
RIP magic
>>
>>49518725
The Father of Machines is just a figurehead, it's the oil that dictates the rules, and through the oil Yawgmoth manifests his will to corrupt everything in the multiverse. That's why Phyrexia keeps rebuilding itself and doing the exact same thing over and over again, even though without anyone seemingly guiding it.
>>
>>49492531
This is probably the most well written explanation of the interactions of the gatewatch and is very true to how the old stories were written. I wish WotC put this much effort and care into the vorthos, but instead we get:
>Hey guys, you like lesbian, because we are soooo progressive, well now these two are lesbians for each other. Arn't we progressive. We hired a lesbian to tell us to make these characters lesbians. Please buy our card game tumblr.

>mfw Wotc, became SJWotC.
>>
>>49513167
Do you mean that one religion where there is a "chosen race" which is better than others. Or agenda of those practicing that religion?
>>
>>49513374
>and its likely the same reason she left Zendikar
The reason is that Nahiri lured it away, but yeah, it's pretty much like that.
>>
>>49521124

The Eldrazi were already up and running amok before Liliana blew the Helavault open.
>>
>>49493828
>Implying WotC tried to make Nahiri the one who was right

Face it, they were both assholes who needed to die for the good of everyone else.
>>
File: 69.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>49521193
Yes, but Emrakul was on Zendikar until Nahiri lured it away.
>>
>>49521198
And neither died. Fucking nahiri fags are denser than lead.
>>
>>49521547
>>49521198
I doubt they went into it with the intention of killing either of them. That would just be losing access to characters they could potentially use in future storylines. MtG's creative team learned their lesson with Venser, that killing a marketable character will be frowned upon.
>>
>>49521271

I still call shenanigans that Emrakul apparently did more damage to Innistrad in like two fucking hours than it did to Zendikar when it was there for fucking MONTHS.

The titan wasn't even there an entire day and it fucked the entire plane from the second it arrived? Bullshit!
>>
>>49521655
Venser smoked space weed and didnt afraid of anything. What the fuck were tehey thinking.
>>
>>49492609
>>Koth and Gideon will never fuck each other's asses together
FTFY
;_;
>>
>>49493828
I'm so fucking sick of reading the SJW spiel plastering 4chan about how the baddie should not only have a complicated motivation but, and this is the fucking kicker, have boobs I'd like to touch.

The unrelenting SJW "Not just mustache twiddlers, but revenge and TITS" propagenda has gone too far.

Don't even get me started on how they ruined Sorin with their "characters should have setbacks" race war.

I'm so mad I could just derail a thread to talk about my politics, and if I did it would be their fault.
>>
File: mtg_elec_alter.jpg (123KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
mtg_elec_alter.jpg
123KB, 500x673px
I was kind of hoping that they might lean towards killing either Chandra or Nissa off - both of them have plenty of replacements who would instantly pick up the slack, but still.

Having a BR Chandra card like "Chandra, the Dying Flame" would be badass. She can take out a big bad or torch an entire plane in the process or something spectacular in the process.

Plus, Jaya Ballard is all set to replace her at a moment's notice too, WotC keeps throwing her around as still being alive and out there somewhere...

Picture unrelated, but always relevant.
>>
>>49509482
Deus Ex here I come! Although, technically ISPs control the internet.
>>
>>49494771
But her voice is still pretty gravelly.
>>
>>49509007
What about proud in the family way?
>>
>>49522015
>Don't even get me started
No.
> if I did it would be their fault
Neither.
>>
>>49492379

This is probably most of it. Hot lesbian romances are a two-fer. It's fan service masquerading as Social Consciousness(tm). Think how many TV shows did this in the 2000's. It's a big ratings boost and the whole time you and your audience can feel good about yourselves for watching it.

Meanwhile, how many gay male romances are on screen? And of those, how many times do you see make-out sessions or do the characters show some skin? Not nearly as often, and that's because hot girl-on-girl action is what the market wants.

In PR, the best way to be political is to embrace issues that are widely popular but in ways that make you look daring and courageous. MtG is no different.

I've been fighting the gay rights fight since the 80's, and any time a lesbian friend complains about the fetishization of girl-girl sex among straight males, I point out that it did more for gay rights than a thousand pride parades and petitions. (Not to mention that every oppressed group goes through an "exploitation media" phase.)

Eventually, this will all settle out. Then you'll have same-sex relationships given the same superficial, perfunctory, unrealistic treatment as everything else.
>>
>>49511658
>They want to forget Ulgothra exists.
B-b-but... It is one of best planes...

Which reminds me that Mark R. said once that only anthropomorphic beings are born with Planeswalker Flame, which means no glorious Jurassic Park Planeswalker edition on Muraganda. Why, God, why?
>>
>>49521547
>>49521198
>>49493828

Nahiri was the central antagonist in SOI. She's still alive because there needs to be an evil White planeswalker
>>
>>49518420

He was Mardu, though, not mono-Black.

Unless you mean Crovax
>>
>>49493856

She does, but there is a difference between loving something and caring about it.
>>
>>49494807
There's a difference between becoming deformed, and adhering olto a different set of Aesthetics.

It's all about symmetry.
>>
>>49522556

Because WotC genuinely believes the only type of diversity people want anymore is ethnic/gender.
>>
>>49522015
What does thing in the ice have to do with sorin and nahiri?
>>
>>49522550

>Eventually things will settle out

This is way too optimistic, anon, the people that hold the controls on media representation will never let things get that far. Homosexuality will always be a risqué, sophomoric thing because that's what sells.
>>
Is it really so difficult to write a black mana planeswalker who wasnt a total asshole?

I mean they did it... once!
>>
>>49521721
She influenced the plane while still in blind eterneties, mutating stuff and shit. Her presense was felt long before she actually manifested.
>>
>>49522556
Two things have been claimed:
Only sapient beings that are born can have the spark.
and
They're only going to print humanoid walkers, and dragons with such odd proportions that they might as well be humanoid, because those are the ones that are 'relatable'
The first is a flavor rule, and means you have to be able to THINK to be able to go to other planes. The second is bullshit marketing bullshit.
>>
>>49522979

And yet being trapped on Zendikar for thousands of years didn't result in anything getting mutated?

Wandering it freely for months didn't result in anything getting mutated?

I get that they retconned what Emrakul does, but the fact there's not even a passing resemblance between her effect on Zendikar and her effect on Innistrad bugs the shit out of me.
>>
>>49508581
To be fair, so could a literal grizzly bear.
Now, another observation is that, going by Origins flipwalker creature sides, he could be beat up by the scrawny elf, the ADHD pyromancer, the at-the-time healbot as well as the fun-sized chad.
Said fun-sized chad could be beat up by all of the aforementioned ladies.
>>
>>49523744
"Beat up" seems a strong word to use for the guy who can just no-sell anything with indestructibility.
>>
>>49523796
Only when he's got the mana.
Though, hey, change 'beat up' to 'sit on his face', and I could definitely see li'l gids being 'defeated' by any of the gals.
>>
>>49523566
were zendikar vampires specifically a result if ulamog or just eldrazi in general? very different than what happened on innistrad, granted, but they can always just say because hedrons
>>
>>49523566
All that shit did happen though. The roil is entirely because of the eldrazi
>>49524960
they are black mana mutated eldrazi, when they kill things they dont make more vampires they make nulls which are super zombies.
>>
>>49524960
We have no idea, but they're flavored so closely to Ulamog that we can say it was him.

First off, they have a new unnatural hunger, just like the Ceaseless Hunger himself, when Ulamog and friends started showing up they started getting bony plates across their face like the "helmets" of Ulamog's brood.

Plus look at the nulls and notice they are faceless aside from their mouths, a trait that resembles the faceless helmets of Ulamog. They basically gained no traits of Kozilek or Emrakul, so they're probably Ulamog's work.
>>
>>49525025
i thought the bony plates were actual masks because they'd gone full. crazy cultists
>>
>>49525045
No, the kor went cultists. The vampires heard the call of their old masters and half of them bowed down almost immediately so it's not a case of full crazy. You might be right on it being a mask but I wouldn't doubt being that close and willing to serve their creators didn't "reward" them or something.
>>
>>49525045
They grew them when they submitted to their spawnsire. The vampire chick was able to suck aether from a lesser titan and use eldrazi magic against them but it almost returned her to being another eldrazi
>>
>>49513473

The mechs were heavily predicted and worked on times ago.

The white moon was detailed in the Thran's book

Commodore basically removes the predestinated outcome, and starts writing the victory of the coalition, but Yawgmoth kills him before he can finish it, so the fate hangs in balance
>>
>>49513511

Invasion did a very good job at representing the stakes of an all out planeswalker battle.

2 continents phased out, 3 nation destroyed, a couple more civilization erased, millions of deaths, half of the hemisphere gets fucked up regardless of millenial preparation and they lose a moon.

I mean, that's definitely more satisfying that "lol fireball for 300 on the titans"
>>
>>49518449

Having a villain that can straight up murder an oldwalker without giving any chances of retilation is not a very good thing to do.

>>49518637
>>49518725

Phyrexian oil dates back to the Elder Dragon Planeswalker than created phyrexia in the first place
>>
>>49522660

Crovax was no walker
>>
>>49522761

Yeah but it won't be any more risque or sophomoric than hetero relationships in media.

Seriously, for you kissless virgins out there, do NOT try to base your dating/relationship expectations on what you see on TV or in movies.
>>
>>49526555
Wait, so you're trying to tell me that there won't be organic chemistry that will draw you to a person, and I'll have to force it by grinding up on some drunk slut only to have her break up with me a week later over what kind of coffee I keep in the house?

Dang.
>>
>>49526608
>he doesn't keep a bag of Starbucks around, vacuum-sealed to stay fresh, just in case he ever has a woman come over who drinks coffee

I mean, I at least keep some Gevalia around and milk in the fridge.
>>
>>49526668
only plebs keep their coffee in the bag. it's like a grocery bag, it's just meant to transport the coffee. you put it in an opaque sealed container. that's some Alton Brown knowledge, right there.
>>
>>49526668
>drinking coffee
Why have you not switched over to the superior drink, whey protein and milk?
>>
>>49522556
Kikes stereotypically hate whites (anglos) and japs.
Guess what are MaRo's least favorite settings? Lorwyn, Kamigawa and Ulgothra.
>>
>>49528882
MaRo doesn't speak for the rest of Kikekind. I'd kill for Kamigawa or Lorwyn. I never really understood the appeal of Ulgothra myself, but I'd be happy to get sold on it.
>>
>>49494456
She was boring then and she's boring now.
>>
>>49528646
>not hand-grinding your own coffee bought by the bean from specialty retailers
For shame.
I wish I had the money and time for this
>>49528666
I didn't know you were a health nut Satan.
Really though, if you missed the part where we were talking about negative stereotypes of people, I don't know what to tell you.
>not just drinking raw oats
It's about the taste nerd, not the health benefits. Otherwise I'd just drink Kahlua if I could
>>
>>49524996

Oh, bull. The Roil is Zendikar's mana reacting to the power of the eldrazi sealed there and bears no resemblance whatsoever to the shit Emrakul was doing to Innistrad.

If Emrakul's presence from the blind eternities was making latticework and mutants and then turned huge portions of the plane into big writhing globs of biomass the very fucking second she forced her way in, how was she stapled to Zendikar from the blind eternities for millenia on end without so much as a Terra Stomper with some funky tumors?

All Zendikar had because the Eldrazi were bound to it for thousands of years was funky weather, and that had nothing to do with the eldrazi themselves and everything to do with the plane's quasisentient mana freaking out about them. Emrakul even goes NEAR Innistrad for a month or two at best and is there for literally less than a day and somehow has a bigger effect on the landscape and populace than she had when she was dormant for millenia and then free for MONTHS on Zendikar? That's a crock of shit. They just wanted another eldrazi set but the setup they wanted springing fully-formed from nothing was impossible to pace. They'd have been better off if Emrakul had her own spawn like the other two did, as then you're ready to go, she brings her army of powerful scions that are all extensions of her own true being to invade the plane and wreck shit without having to go "Emrakul is powerful enough to warp an entire plane in her image in a matter of hours but never did this on Zendikar for reasons we won't get into."
>>
>>49493828
christ, is there no place on 4chan that is free from you cock-suckers crying about how much those big scary SJWs are oppressing you? You bastards are even shitting up cheesecake threads now.
>>
>>49529578
forgot to mention that plebs don't grind their own coffee.

it doesn't take that much time, but it does take the right kind of grinder, something that would set you back around $30. get yourself a gold replacement filter (any superstore will carry them in the coffee maker section) for pour over coffee, or a decent french press. i have both, and i used to have a bialetti for making stovetop espresso, but i misplaced it...
>>
File: graven cairns.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
graven cairns.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>49528962
Ulgothra is a more character-driven Innistrad that was left with several loose ends, in particular Baron Sengir and the Dwarven Gate.

I get hard just thinking about going back there after so many years.
>>
>>49494301
What is he's hunt like an keebler elf but uses his mind powers to make her think he's the best ever?
>>
>>49500219
Did that idea have to be, "The Jacetuce League is awesome, and is now in everything forever!"?
>>
>>49495732
I remember when I first started playing MtG as a kid, I asked where the flavor text was from, and my dad said that there were books, but apparently they weren't good.

What do you think things would have been like if they were?
>>
>>49531176
Some of them were, at least by fantasy fluff standards. The Brother's War was my favorite as a kid and the books for Ice Age and The Dark (did not use the set names iirc) were also pretty good. I read part of Lorwynn as an adult and found it pretty bad.
>>
>>49522761
That's just you being defeatist to avoid the work of social change.

>>49522550
I imagine this lesbian friend of yours is an old wave feminist.
>>
>>49501582
She looks so fucking stoned I cant believe art direction ok'd that.
>>
>>49509395
Seconded, hard.
>>
>>49511510
>get rich and powerful, rule the fucking world
>gay coward nonsense
>>
>>49533471
Yeah, there's a reason some people will stay poor and powerless.
>>
>>49529637
>asses
The Roil was the plane literally rebelling against the presence of the Eldrazi, you say? The Eldrazi tightly locked into the Hedrons as a prison? The ones that the literal world was actively working against?

Whereas on Innistrad, the plane was being warped, already naturally inclined to be fucking horrifying and perversive, but now there's manaliths everywhere pumping up Emrakul and quintupling every effect she has?

Wow, its almost like they're two different situations.
>>
>>49531176
Your dad is worthless garbage. Like any book written more than 6 years ago, they were wonderful and were descriptive of a better time that wasn't full of GAYS, JEWS, and SJWS. A time when you could be a strong powerful man not kept down by filthy women and liberals.
>>
>>49532086
She's a woman pictured on the internet. She has fucking down syndrome you idiot
>>
>>49533776
>Zendikar is a chaste maiden fighting again corruption.
>Innistrad is a dirty slut that just spread her metaphorical legs open for Emrakul.
L-lewd
>>
>>49492310
Nothing, it's just ham-handedly injecting poz where it doesn't need to be for the sake of appeasing SJW's.

>>49492531
Yeah, here is where that falls apart. Nissa already belonged to an arrogant tribe, and then she went to Lorwynn and those elves taught her to go full nazi.
>>
>>49538840
Except now, she did AND didn't, she went to Lorwyn and was weirded out by the elves being all nazi and was there for a very short time.
Because while they claimed the timefuck that screwed over Tarkir would only apply to Tarkir, it apparently also struck Nissa damn strong, as she now has two different backstories and motivations for everything, which have been referenced independently in different stories and sometimes both in the SAME DAMN STORY.
She was both an elf supremicist and someone who prevented elves from hunting down goblins. She both did nothing wrong and did everything wrong in regards to the Eldrazi. And fuck if anyone can keep track of which is actually true anymore.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.