[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobledark 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 61

File: 1474399224642.png (304KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1474399224642.png
304KB, 500x407px
Bjorn has escaped again edition

Continuing on from the thread
>>49437641

And the speculation of what the Imperium would look like if it went all Last Alliance of Men and Elves.

With a more reasonable Emperor would it be okay to have him not go Full Fedora?

Could be that his rules on religion could be

No Chaos.
No militarized religious.
NO WORSHIPING ME! (veneration and sainthood accepted under sufferance)
>>
File: righting what was made wrong.png (335KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
righting what was made wrong.png
335KB, 620x349px
>>49488764
because that worked so well for him the first time around
>>
>>49488850
This time he isn't just setting a thing going and standing back and doing nothing as it crashes and burns because reasons.

This time he is Steward before the Empty Throne of Earth and accepts the title of Emperor only after the Goge Vandire thing. This time he is hands on and attentive.
>>
>>49488919

Okay, so the entity we think of as the Emperor only takes the throne after the Goge Vandire thing. Before that, he's a Steward.

So what happened in the 30k era?

Was the semidivine being known as the original Emperor killed, and the "Steward" his heir/apprentice who didn't think himself worthy for the throne? Or is the "Steward" the semidivine being who reunited Earth and launched the Great Crusade, but didn't want to take the throne?

If that's the case, why doesn't he? Does he believe some kind of greater being will come along, that he is merely there to recognise (John the Baptist style?) or does he believe that he is too flawed to be given that ultimate power, that a truly holy person will come along?

Be interesting if Isha was betrothed to the Emperor but not married (because there wasn't one) until said Steward took it up.
>>
>>49489352
>Or is the "Steward" the semidivine being who reunited Earth and launched the Great Crusade, but didn't want to take the throne?
>does he believe that he is too flawed to be given that ultimate power, that a truly holy person will come alo

I'd like to think these were the circumstances regarding the being we currently know as the Emperor.

Now, so that this topic doesn't die, I'd like to suggest something regarding the Tau, since the previous thread seemed to indicate a more xeno-friendly Imperium- at least, friendly towards those xenos willing to recognize the Emperor as a divine figure and accept the Imperium's laws. I don't see the Tau philosophy of the Greater Good being inimical to those aims- if anything, the philosophy of working in your divinely assigned place for the greater good of all could make the Tau one of the most easily-integrated xenos species the new Imperium's ever encountered.

However, while the Imperium (and maybe even the Mechanicus) might see the Tau's philosophy and technology as a godsend, the Tau might come to rethink their good firtune once the honeymoon period is over. (cont)
>>
>>49489352
The way I see it

>mid M29 a being known as The Warlord starts conquest of Old Earth. Uses diplomacy when he can, uses his Legion when he can't.
>M30 Old Earth is united under the twin lightning bolts of The Warlord.
>Warlord sets up an administrative council to look after the day to day affairs and then Builds a big impressive looking throne.
>People expect him to ascend the steps to the Throne and rule as he conquered, hard but fair.
>Sets up comfy padded reclining chair and desk combo at bottom of steps. Demands that all Lords of Earth swear allegiance to the Empty Throne of Earth. Changes his name to Steward. Waiting for someone worthy to lead. Someone not him.
>Steward of Earth then orchestrates the amalgamation of the rest of the Sol system with as few wars as possible
>Thunder Warriors aren't aging well, refinement of process turns the newer generations closer and closer to the Astartes we know and love.
>Sol unified, although with Mars it was more of a partnership than a conquest.
>Warp instability is slackening off a bit at last.
>Looks out to rest of galaxy.
>Gets in contact with Eldred Ulthuran, both hatch a plan to rescue Isha to strengthen mortal hands at the expense of Chaos.
>Provides best warriors of the fledgling Imperium to the task and leads the charge himself.
>Isha and the "most worthy of humanity" have to be wed to formalize the alliance. Steward steps into the role on the understanding that he will be swapped out if/when an Emperor turns up.
>Because of the theft of Isha the Steward earns the eternal hate of Chaos.
>Time passes Imperium grows and then Goge Vandire turns up.
>Steward steps down for Vandire believing his long wait is finally over, hands over his bride as the alliance demands and retires to some nowhere place for the next 200 years.
>Vandire goes nuts.
>Steward gets dragged along in Sebastian Thor's rebellion.
>Afterwards Sebastian bullies Steward into becoming Emperor and there was much rejoicing.
>>
>>49489717
With the Tau joining the Imperium, they would find themselves fighting alongside Imperial forces, which the Ethereal caste would likely agree to, seeing it as an opportunity to spread the Greater Good to more and more worlds.

Thing is, while in 'default' 40K the Tau are insulated from the horrors of the galaxy by their small size and the Imperium's preoccupation with other enemies, here the Fire Caste and their assigned Ethereals find themselves flung straight into the maws of Daemons, Tyranids, Necrons and various sundry other monsters. As the ruling caste of the Tau, it's quite possible that said Ethereals find themselves privy to many of the galaxy's secrets, especially if they find themselves working alongside Eldar Farseers and Imperial Inquisitors.

The result? A battle-hardened, possibly somewhat insane group of Ethereals who are becoming increasingly vocal in their requests to the home Empire about either isolating themselves totally or increasing their involvement to the point of total war, where every resource is turned to the purpose of fighting off enemies too terrible to comprehend.

In this iteration of the 40K verse, Commander Farsight might not be a rebel at all, but a fanatical loyalist to the Empire. Whether or not his Ethereal is dead, I like to think that Farsight himself feels incredibly frustrated that the Empire doesn't seem to be taking this whole grimdark universe as seriously as it needs to be.
>>
>>49489724
Good, but needs more Chaos.

Maybe not exactly in 30k era, but at some point Chaos has to strike back for the theft of Isha.

That's why I like the "original Emperor dies, Steward refuses the throne" idea.

Alternatively, something could happen with the primarchs, if they exist in this verse.

Also, how do the DEldar react to the human-Eldar alliance?
>>
Let's go back to the sons of isha idea
>>
>>49489758
Or Farsight has gone Full Traditionalist.

He sees the increased militarization of the Eternal Empire as an attack no less long term devastating to his people and notions of the Greater Good than the Chaos itself.

He Champions the Ethereals who remain true to the old ways.
"Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon" - Farsight 804M41. Rebuilding after the 5th Great War of that war blighted hive world.

Shadowsun Champions the Reformists who are all for adaption of their ideals in the face of the galactic shit storm.

It's worth noting that Farshight has mostly had to deal with Chaos whereas Shadowsun has mostly dealt with Tyranid.
>>
>>49489870
>Also, how do the DEldar react to the human-Eldar alliance?
Depends on how noblebright you want them to be, I guess.That said, even if we go full bright on this, I think they would still be Team Imperium's token evil hero. They way I see it, they'd still require the sacrifice of thousands, even millions of slaves to sustain themselves, but they'd be able to do it via legal, even sanctioned channels this time. Basically, they'd ask for a million prisoners from a penal colony in exchange for raiding Ork lines or supplementing an assault, that sort of thing. Mercs paid in bodies instead of currency, but Imperial media (influenced by high-ranking members of both the Inquisition and Farseer Councils) would simply present the DEldar as simply luxury-loving spoiled children who just need armies of servants to do everything for them. Think a whole race of Paris Hiltons with shard guns and you'd have the basic idea; they're people no good Imperial citizen would want to follow, but hey, not even the Eldar are perfect.

However, we can also go full grimdark, in which case they've gone full Chaos in all but faith. They still don't have psykers or anything of the sort (so they're not full Chaos Eldar), but they've cut all ties with their parent species, whom they see as a race of bestiality-obsessed perverts at best, or subservient slaves who've forgotten their pride at worst. In this case, they might even make a point of raiding Eldar craftworlds instead of human worlds if they get the chance.

>>49489888
These ideas are cool too. Honestly, all we need to keep is the idea on an increasingly older Farsight (this time, his extended age comes from simple juvenat treatments instead of a Dawn Blade) being opposed to the Empire's ideals, while Shadowsun is their servant/catspaw.
>>
>>49490037
I'd prefer the Dark Eldar to be more or less the same but perhaps dealing a bit more freely with the Crone World Eldar. Still no psychics allowed in the Dark City itself but what you do out of the webway is none of anyone's business.

I like the idea that the Blood Feud has devolved into open war. The Craftworlders and the Exodites are now seen as cattle like the humans they so love.

This time round it was the Imperil Navy that came to the aid of Iyanden rather than the Dark Eldar.

As far as the Craftworlder and Exodites car the Dark Eldar need to be exterminated as surely as the Crone Worlders. As far as the Craftworlders care the only difference between the Dark Eldar and the Crone Worlders is that the Crone Worlders are honest about having Chaos dick balls deep in their arse.
>>
>>49490037
>>49490037
We want to be nobledark, not noblebright. The Dark eldar should be foes to both sides of the Alliance, just as the human Chaos forces are enemies to both.

Ultimately, it comes down to a choice. The Eldar and humans might not like each other sometimes, but they accept each others right to exist. They stand against foes - Chaos, Tyranids, Necrons, DEldar - who reject that utterly.

The other difference between this and regular 40k is that the current sotuation isnt acceptable to Chaos. In 40k, the victory of Chaos is inevitable, so who cares if they have to waot and savour it a bit?

Here, victory isnt inevitable and stalemate isnt acceptable - the Chaos Gods want to win because they know they can lose. It might not be likely, might be near impossible, but the Alliance has hope and will fight unto the end of time to hold onto that.
>>
>>49489870
In the previous thread Primarch was a title given to the 20 commanders of the Space Marine Interstellar Legions.

They were trained to be primarchs rather than made.

Russ was from Scandinavia, Angron was a pit fighter from the Nord Afrik Enclaves, Logar was from the Yndonesic Bloc, Perty was previously part of the garrison force of Macedonia and surrounding land, Horus grew up in the Luna dock yards.

If we are going with Nobledark and a more reasonable Steward/Emperor then its entirely possible that none of the Primarchs fell to Chaos.

And the Great Chaos War was Crone World Eldar directing the orks of The Beast towards Terra. There were even Chaos Orks, rare as they are.

The final battle in the Imperial Palace was Steward vs Beast. Beast would have pounded the Emperor into a fine red paste were it not For Eldrad "Fuck your shit up" Ulthran and a salvaged multi-melta.

This was before the Space Marine project was as refined as it latter was and many suffered from the organ failures of the Thunder Warriors.

Angron, an actual Thunder Warrior with repair work done, was the first to die not long after the Beast War. He was the oldest Primarch and as such was an extremely flaws design. He went to sleep one night and his hearts just stopped beating.

Vulkan was the last to die aged 1,403. He never forgave the Eldar for the actions of the Crone Worlders in the Beast war. Died in battle against Doombreed.
>>
>>49490563
>Died in battle against Doombreed.
No. That can't be all that happened.
>>
>>49488764
Would it be acceptable to keep the past, but posit a new future?
>>
>>49490707
It was during the 3rd Black Crusade as the once garden world of El'Phanor burned a to cinders and ash around him.

Vulkan was at the tip of the spear that met the Black Crusade coming the other way and met his equal and opposite in a head on collision.

They couldn't use the webway. The Dark Eldar were fagging it up with some arcane techno-sorcery and supply lines were being cut all across space by cursed ships of impossible design.

Cut off and isolate Vulkan and his vanguard marines made them bleed ten times a hundred and a hundred more again for every one of them that fell.

When they found Lord Vulkan's corpse it was on top of a mountain of the slain.
>>
>>49490850
Is this replacing that Imperium Asunder thing?
>>
>>49490862
Not so far as I know. I was just naming a 40k planet at random.
>>
>>49490887
sorry didn't mean to link to you. just clicked your post to open the reply box
>>
>>49488764
>Jaghatai Khan, lost in the webway, finally stumbles across the entrance to the Black Library
>The Eldar there do not attack, and one approaches "Prince of Man, your coming has been forseen"
>Eldrad left a final prophecy, not even a prophecy - a probability.
>Jaghatai walks the halls, and learns many secrets.
>Cegorach himself appears to Jaghatai, and strikes a bargain - one laughing god to another
>Jaghatai is returned to White Scars fortress-monastery, on Chogoris.
>Amongst much rejoicing, the returned Primarch calls the entire chapter together, and the nearest allies - Raven Wing, and Salamanders.
>He will lead them, one last time, into the Eye of Terror itself
>Joined by the entire 68th Delphic, the 1st White Crusade is launched
>They are joined by Eldar Farseers, Exodites, and almost all Harlequins
>Straight into the Eye, guided by the Farseers, by human psykers, by Librarians (and possibly with some small assistance from Tzeentch)
>They come to the Homeworld of Father Nurgle, to the Garden of his Palace, a great alliance of Eldar and Man, for one purpose and one purpose alone - to free the Mother of the Eldar, Isha
>>
>>49491321
>Mortarion appears to block their way, and Jaghatai and Cegorach, as well as almost the entirety of the Harlequins, White Scars and Raven Wing stay to face him and his daemons. Their fate is unknown.
>Salamanders, 68th Delphic, Eldar Exodites, small remnants of White Scars and Salamanders, manage to escape, prize in tow
>Breaking free from the Eye, the Eldar celebrate, but Humanity weeps.
>Eldar maintain the bargain, granting humanity access to the Webway, and safe warp travel
>Isha goes further, and with the last of energy leaps across the void of space to Holy Terra
>Spends her remaining life force on reawakening the corpse for one day and one night, before dissipating back into the Warp
>On the Golden Throne, the Emperor of Man opens his eyes for the first time in 10000 years, and smiles. Had he forseen even this?
>Returned to his full strength, he commits a final act to seal the Great Alliance, and launches himself into the Eye
>Chaos Gods focused on Nurgles realm, Emperor is able to tear Slaanesh asunder. He claims for himself dominion over the souls of the Eldar
>His work done, his energy failing once again, the Lord of Light sinks back upon his throne, and closes his eyes.
>Custodes present swear they see the presence of a Lady in White, sitting at his side
>For a moment, every Human and Eldar feels their presence. The Lady and the Lord of Light.
>Some Eldar refuse to ally with filthy Monkeigh, now that their souls are free they will reclaim their birthright
>Dark Eldar grow even more fearless
>Some Space Marine chapters, Inquisitorial chapters, Adeptus Mechanicus refuse to accept the Xenos
>Despite this, the Great Alliance holds. Humanity and Eldar work together
>>
>>49491329
>And on a distant world, a Harlequin begins to laugh

>In the grim darkness of the 41st millennia... there is hope
>>
>>49491329
Given that the 40k setting has ten thousand years of Imperial history to play with It always annoyed me that GW tried to cram everything into 999M41 right up till the last minute.

It makes the story leading up seem rushed. Big tracts of nothing and then trying to cram it all in at the end.
>>
>>49491505
Agreed, it would make more sense to me to have a detailed (well, as detailed as can be) 10000 year period so that players could fight at any period, if they so choose
Just look at how well received the Badab War was!
>>
>>49448765
gut who wrote this.
gib ideas.
>>
>>49490563
The Primarchs being chosen rather than made is good.

Were there tensions because one of them thought the Steward would choose them as Emperor? That could be a way for one of two Primarchs to fall to Chaos.

The Steward owing Eldrad his life is also excellent. Makes the alliance personal. I kind of like the idea that these two ancient, incredibly powerful psykers have a rapport based upon being so above other members of their species that they can related to each other more than to humans/Eldar, and supporting the Alliance more than their subordinates.

The whole "I chose you to lead my armies" rather than "I made you from my genetic material and called you my sons" makes the Steward look a lot less like an asshole when he doesn't act like a father to them.

I would like them to last a bit longer though. At least one should like to see the Steward become Emperor.

Although I still like my "original Emperor is dead" idea.
>>
>>49492052
While you are entitled to think your idea of 'original Emperor is dead', I feel that it would be better if there was no original Emperor.
>>
>>49492052
>Were there tensions because one of them thought the Steward would choose them as Emperor? That could be a way for one of two Primarchs to fall to Chaos.

If anything, it would be easier than the actual Heresy, as each Primarch would've thought they had earned the right to power on Terra, as opposed to simply being given it in some cases in the canon.

>>49491329
>Some Space Marine chapters, Inquisitorial chapters, Adeptus Mechanicus refuse to accept the Xenos

This might depend on how omnipresent the Emperor's power was at the time. If we assume that Isha/Eldrad/Malcador/Ollanius/Joe the Plumber told the Emps that becoming a living god was a good idea, there might not be all that much friction from the human side, honestly. If anything, it's far more likely that the Eldar would be troubled, not just by the necessity of allying themselves with a race of apes, but by being pestered for wisdom by the kiddies.

Mind you, the thought that an Eldar prankster and/or conman can make a living by giving the local mon'keigh cryptic statements open to all kinds of interpretation is something I find hilarious.
>>
Bumb
>>
>>49493377
Most of the space marines at least tolerate the eldar so long as they don't make any sudden moves and keep their hand where they can see them.

This is also how they view the Inquisition, high officers, most members of the Mars Priesthood, the Tau (and associated vassal peoples), members of religions other than the ones they approve of, psychics that aren't part of the chapter and politicians.

As a general rule Marines don't easily or completely trust anyone outside of their order. They are particularly suspicions of people from off-world.

Being xeno doesn't help, of course, but they can always find a reason to not like someone.
>>
So since the this conjoined imperium met the Tau I imagine they share the same borders with the canon.
>>
>>49495733
I think they 'absorbed' the Tau Empire, or at least that's how it's displayed on Imperial maps. While it is annoying, on the whole the Ethereals don't really mind at first, seeing it as just one minor concession to make in order to spread the Greater Good. It's just to placate the gue'la, after all.

However, if we're going by >>49489758's suggestion, then we could have the Tau seriously trying to rethink the situation without angering the behemoth of the Imperium, and slowly coming to the realization that they're riding a tiger on the hunt. At the moment it has its eyes on other prey, but the moment they step off...

Also, we could also have the first cracks appearing in Tau society from the Ethereals on down. One side might be convinced that the Imperium must be given more military support, now that the Tau have access to the full scale of the horrors facing the galaxy. The other side would want to go full-on isolationist, hoping to hide from whatever lurks the void.
>>
>>49492052
Maybe Ferrus Manus this time round, with no Horus Heresy, was the last one standing. More machine than man by the end.

Not a dreadnaught but most of his bits and pieces had been replaced by prosthetics as the war took its toll.

He died in glorious combat against the Big Mek Iron Eyes, Desolator of the Northern Spinward Reach, and his 100% Cybork army in 104M38.

He was the last of the Primarchs. His death marked the closing of an era.
>>
>>49495966
So in this galaxy the Tau can would be normally seem throughout the galaxy or only military personal and their realm would be only located in the eastern fringe compacted in what was known as the second sphere.
>>
>>49492547
Maybe it's that I kind of prefer the characterisation of an apprentice unwilling to take up his master's legacy than an incredibly powerful being who refuses to take a lofty title and insists that someone else will come along who will be more worthy. The former's refusal to take the big chair sounds more real, more personally driven, as though his refusal to take the chair has more dramatic weight. I'm not too bothered, though.

>>49493377
At the same time, though, each of the Primarchs wouldn't have massive daddy issues, and if they had had to fight and conquer without being genetic supermen they might have a more reasonable outlook on the idea of non-genetic supermen running things.

>>49495695
There would probably be quite a lot of variance amongst Space Marine chapters (if chapters still exist in this verse) with some much closely tied with the Eldar or specific groups of Eldar and some very distrustful (though not nearly as much as in the 40k Imperium).

>>49496012
Yeah, that's more like it. I imagine he, along with maybe Magnus or Vulkan or Perturabo, are the longest lived, long enough to see the Emperor crowned and then wedded to Isha.

Actually, that brings up something else. Do the Emperor and Isha have kids?
>>
>>49496109
Or, given the much more open borders, they are sending missionaries and such to tell of the Greater Good across the Imperium.

On the whole the Imperium couldn't give a toss about the Water Caste going on a pamphlet binge. The Greater Good promotes hard work and adherence to the law. That's good, it's like the Promethians without the fixation for setting shit on fire.

So long as the Earth Caste keep the drones away from the Mechanicus everyone is happy. Or at least tolerably unhappy.
>>
>>49496205
>Do the Emperor and Isha have kids?
Throw in Nurgle too, contaminating the results and forcing them to look for countermeasures, and you have a recipe for new sapient species, like Tau or Squats.
>>
>>49496012
As an aside, I feel like Ferrus is the only Primarch who really "got it" about the reality of Space Marines and the Primarchs. Everyone else was variously concerned with governance, honor, hobbies, or other shit.

>"Rest? We were not made to rest; we go on, unflinching, unstoppable, unending in our strength. The Emperor did not make us for such mortal concerns as hearth and home, vanity or contemplation; we are his engines of war, his hammers, beating out the fabric of existence into a vessel fit for Mankind to inhabit."
>>
>>49496244
Actually, imagine that. Despite being freed from the Plaguefather, Nurgle still has JUST enough influence on Isha from her consuming his vilest brews for so long, that he can inflict her body with a single disease, but that severs the connection.
Nurgle, at first, has no reason to sever the connection as he can tell/sense Isha's mood/location, but then she gets pregnant... And he corrupts the child in the womb, basically making it a super-demon primarch. As soon as it is born, it goes on a rampage that only the Steward can even delay, but before he gets serious Nurgle teleports them to his gardens to educate the child and make them his champion.
>>
>>49496230
>tolerably unhappy

This is the key. The various factions and species amongst the alliance may distrust or even hate each other, but they have a mutual interest in their desire to exist.

>>49496244
Nah, I was thinking some combination of Primarchs and Pheonix Lords. Demigods of War.
>>
>>49496230
I'd actually think the Earth Caste would get along better with the AdMech than Eldar Bonesingers- say what you like about Imperial techno-mysticism, at least it's mostly based in the physical realm than the weird psychic hoodoo the Eldar practice.

>>49496109
As the above anon said, the larger Imperium would have a lot of contact with the Tau, the Water and (to a much lesser extent) Ethereal Castes being the ones coming to mind when a human thinks 'Tau'. Guardsmen would of course also think of the Fire Caste, though with the Tau's lack of numbers, I suppose Fire Warriors would count as Elite options instead of Troops.

That said, outside the Eastern Fringe the Tau would mostly exist as bit characters in Imperial media, if they even appear at all. Maybe an enterprising Ethereal and/or Water Caste priest might want to see the greater Imperium, but between short Tau lifespans and the sheer scale of the Imperium, it stands to reason they wouldn't be very successful.

That said, it would be possible for Tau colonies to spread far beyond the borders of the Empire, thanks to the Webway and Warp travel being afforded to them. This might be another point of internal friction among the Ethereals, as the Tau spread farther and farther from central control. The Imperium doesn't mind as long as the colonists pay their taxes and revere the Emperor, but the Ethereals chafe at the loss of control.
>>
>>49496205
>Do the Emperor and Isha have kids?

No.

Emperor is married to Isha through her High Priestess/Avatar.

The High Priestess was, originally, an eldar woman that gave her self totally to the mother of all eldar. Her essence flowed into Isha in the same way that a aspect warrior's soul joins with Khine or a Harlequin goes to join Cegorach.

Presumably if she ever gets killed a new High Priestess will arise but so far this is a theoretical.

Eldar/human hybrids are impossible according to the mechanics. The rare proof that they are wrong are exceptional and make the mechanicus depressed. The Emperor is not even a proper human so it may be impossible.

If Bjorn really is the last surviving member of the original raid that freed Isha bar the Emperor then I can see the Wolves and the Eldar getting along.

Every 50 or 70 years a wraithguard turns up on Fenris and wakes Bjorn from his deep sleep to go on another adventure. This annoys the Chaplains, especially grumpy old Ulrik the Slayer.

The space elves turn up in animal skins and furs and war paint, drink shit loads of Fenrisian Ale, play music really loudly, wake up Ancient Bjorn and then go charging out of the Fang, back into the webway and take a few dozen excitable bloodclaws with them.

They usually turn up after a few months with trophies, fresh scars and outrageous stories and then drink more ale, play more shitty eldar music and get into brawls with each other and everyone else.

The wraithguard was also in life a member of the raiding party that rescued Isha.

He and the primitive eldar aren't actually exodites as they look, they are some of the last disciples of the dead god Kurnous and they hold Bjorn as one of their heroes.
>>
>>49496465
>Bjorn and Eldar are crazy bros

Just want to say I love the hell out of this idea, and the thought of Vikings teaming up with ancient Celt-like Eldar is an amazing one.
>>
File: 1411504633826.jpg (63KB, 512x506px) Image search: [Google]
1411504633826.jpg
63KB, 512x506px
I'm not sure how to feel about this. On one hand, it's literally all an excuse to get the Emperor into Isha's pants. On the other, the Emperor gets into Isha's pants. I hope the baby is cute.
>>
>>49496563
While it started like that, I think the expanded universe that comes with it is a good one.
>>
File: rsz_1the_silent_king.jpg (264KB, 811x1118px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1the_silent_king.jpg
264KB, 811x1118px
The Necrons might actually stand with humanity/the Eldar. Not all of them mind you, but perhaps those loyal to the Silent King.
>>
>>49496465

But if they're both divine/semidivine beings then surely it doesn't matter? Their children will be more the result of Warp-shenanigans rather than actual sex, right?

Hell, maybe the Emperor gives birth to then Zeus style.

I do love the idea that the Space Vikings and Space Celts spend their time going and having adventures.
>>
>>49496587
Depends, what can the unified Imperium possibly offer the 'Crons? And even then, that's not assuming the Eldar don't try to stymie every attempt at Necron/Imperial peace every chance they get. Hell, part of the reason the higher-up Eldar tolerate the alliance is so that they can send waves of non-Eldar troops at the Necrons instead of risking their own pointy-eared hides.
>>
>>49496516
Kurnous was the first husband of Isha and he loved her dearly and so in turn did they.

Bjorn rescued their goddess. As far as they are concerned he is right up their with Eldernesh. That he is/was human is a background detail to them, he is one of them.

Given that Kurnous has been dead for a very long time he has few disciples. It's a hard life, fun but still hard, and there are easier gods both living and dead to serve. Maybe they are a dying breed. Maybe the day of the Hunters is coming to an end. They don't care.
>>
>>49496653
Well, a lot of the Necrons are very proud and frequently megalomaniac, but Szerakh himself seems to be more pragmatic and wise. He might realize that this unified Eldar/Human alliance would be too much for the Necrons to take on, especially as shattered and lost as they are now. Moreover, throwing themselves against them would just weaken the galaxy even more against the tides of Tyranids and Chaos.

It would certainly be a much more strained relationship than the Humans+Eldar, but all parties might agree that it's in their best interests to at least put their differences aside for the time being. Hell, if the Emperor agreed to let the Necrons have humans bodies for a new biotransference, that might really sweeten the deal.
>>
>>49496764
True, some Necrons would be open to it, but would the Eldar be so accommodating? Hopefully the Eldar would've forgotten about their Great Enemy by now, or at least have the pragmatists among them take the wheel, but even so I'd say that the Necron-Imperial relationship would be less alliance, and more non-aggression pact.

We also have to consider that every Necron leader is like a force unto themselves, and are much less distinguishable than Eldar and Dark Eldar are. All it takes is for one Lord to go hog wild on an Imperial sector or some dumb Magos to try see what makes a Phaeron tick, and then everything goes up in flames.
>>
File: necron lord.jpg (179KB, 644x899px) Image search: [Google]
necron lord.jpg
179KB, 644x899px
>>49496764
I can see the Emperor making that deal based on the understanding that if they could actually do it they would have done it already.

Majority of Necrons fucking hate the Imperium because it's got an Eldar and Jokaero infestation and those two shits in the galactic pool were designed from the ground up to make life difficult for the true Master Race.

The ones that have been allowed into the Imperial fold are seen as the desperate and the mad. Isha and Emperor had a bit of a falling out about their inclusion. He eventually persuaded her to his side of the matter by telling her that it's better to have them in here pissing out than out there pissing in.

He did not mention that this was the same line of reasoning he had used on the High Lords of Terra to get them to agree to the Eldar alliance.

For the most part even after they have joined the Imeprium they just ignore each other. Sometimes they do weird shit like wander aimlessly around a city or along long old roads, appearing out of nowhere and disappearing again and never saying a word.

Fucking Necrons. Who knows why they do anything.
>>
>>49496764
>>49496844
>>49496897
So basically, the Imperium is like the Federation if Section 31 made the rules- if you're willing to tow the Imperial line and worship the Emperor (or at least respect his authority), you're cool, welcome to the Imperium or else.

If you cannot or will not fulfil those conditions, then the Imperium we currently all know and love emerges, and it's virus bombs for everyone.
>>
On the topic the Emperor and Isha, how is the power divided between them?
Is the Emperor sole ruler of this Imperium or Isha is not only consort but a co-ruler?
Would an Eldar listen to the Emperor command or would he look to Isha for guidance same case with human leaders?
>>
>>49497001
Currently, I think we've decided that the Emperor and Isha are kind of distant- they both send revelations and divine messages once in a while, enough to reassure everyone that they're okay and their sex life is awesome, but on the whole, the average Eldar isn't going to be talking to her just like the average human isn't going to be chatting with the Emperor about his day.
>>
>>49492547
>>49492052
Could have it where it's mildly ambiguous whether it's all the same person or not.

Warlord, Steward, Emperor. Could have been a string of psykers handing down the title and occasionally changing it to reflect the occasionally changing job.

The whole Vandire fiasco could have been a succession crisis, would claim some in universe historians.

Isha treats him like it's the same man, but maybe she's in on it as well.

Maybe it's some powerful otherworldly consciousness that transfers from body to body down the ages. A sort of benevolent Deamon.

A small but persistent bunch of people keep trying to claim that he is Asuryan in the god equivalent of a Groucho Marx mask.

Some conspiracy nuts/historians have made entire genealogies and lists of succession that the title is handed down through. No two are the same.

Yes it probably is the same man or man shaped entity. Probably.
>>
>>49497068
This.

If an eldar was given two contradictory instructions from Emperor or Isha 99% of the time they will obey Isha.

If a human was given two contradictory instructions by Emperor and Isha 99% of the time they will obey Emperor.

The 1% does exist and are considered a bit odd by both sides.

Imperium day to day is handled by the High Lords, Emperor merely oversees and inspects. It involves a lot of traveling.

Isha does tours of the Craftworlds, exodite worlds and the larger eldar enclaves on human worlds. It also involves a lot of traveling.

It's worth noting that the High Lords are all 100% human (assuming Navigators count as human). It's also worth noting that every High Lord has a farseer somewhere on the payroll.
>>
Now that humanity is ablt to use the webway I imagine the imperium would be much less cultural diverse since sectors wouldn't be completely isolated for millenia, so we would see an standartization of the Imperial Army (that's right no need to separate the forces in this one)
I like to think that death worlds would became somekind of nature reserve of somekind, maiden worlds is another stpry I imagine the eldar would call dibz on them which might be a source of conflict.
>>
>>49497245
That would depend on how safe the Webway is in general, how easy it is to use, and how willing the Eldar would be to let humans use it in general. Remember, the alliance isn't 100% sunny happy friends, so the Eldar would of course ensure that humans don't set foot on maiden worlds for instance. Also, if anything this could lead to even greater discrepancies in the Guard, as Imperial authorities (both human and Eldar) ensure that there's always a supply of highly-specialized worlds and societies to draw troops from.
>>
>>49497297
So we would still se feudal worlds?
Would atleast imperial technology be more reliable (no plasma guns incinerating the users due to malfuction)?
>>
It would be cute to just put Tau, Humans and Eldar into one warcraft-ish Alliance. Just with less paranoia and more respect of each other.

Modern Necron are just a true neutral force (they had enough of war)
>>
>>49497346
In general, Imperial tech might be more advanced, but this also depends on how willing the Eldar are to share their tech, and what they share, as well as how the AdMech sees things. Also remember that human tech isn't really focused on effectiveness; it IS a priority, but not as much as ease of production. Sure, a plasma rifle with Eldar tech might be much more reliable, but there's no way the Munitorum would approve of its production if it cannot be produced by standard STC manufactorums in existence, and/or if it costs more resources than the regular dangerous sort. After all, is it not said that 'the only resources the Imperium isn't short of are lives'?

As for more primitive worlds, why not? A simple mind is easily filled with faith after all, and the Eldar would simply LOVE the idea of easily-influenced humans to do the heavy lifting for them. All in all, I don't think human Imperial society wouldn't be very different from how things are now
>>
>>49488764
black emperor?
>>
>>49497346
Not necessarily, while the Imperium is allied with the Eldar, Mars is not. However, since Mars relies on the Imperium and vice versa, Mars won't be hostile to the Eldar, but they will tell them to fuck off concerning all things tech, so it would look like this
>E: "Hey, Mon' kiegh, we have a way to improve your weapons!"
>M:"No, screw you, fuck off"
>E: "But it could really hel-"
>M: "I'D RATHER DIE FILTHY XENO FLESHBAG!"
>>
>>49499630
>electronic REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: tiggering the amplification.png (299KB, 520x395px) Image search: [Google]
tiggering the amplification.png
299KB, 520x395px
>>49488764
elves...and humans...

THIS AMOUNT OF HERESY IS TOO MUCH FOR A TRAITOR TO EVEN STAND!!!
>>
>>49501454
>most standard of fantasy tropes
>something the emperor offered to the eldar when he was alive
>heresy.
kys
>>
>>49496319
>but before he gets serious Nurgle teleports them to his gardens to educate the child and make them his champion.
So basically he abducts their first child because he thinks he's got better dadding experience than The Steward, and also to take a stab at Isha for leaving him.
>>
File: cve.jpg (51KB, 736x296px) Image search: [Google]
cve.jpg
51KB, 736x296px
>>49501515
fuck knife ears, from the deepest forest to farthest star system, it's the only way
>>
File: 1452883668879.png (961KB, 900x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1452883668879.png
961KB, 900x1039px
>>49501686
>fuck eldar.
yes please.
>>
File: RapeOfAnEldar.jpg (901KB, 1202x2914px) Image search: [Google]
RapeOfAnEldar.jpg
901KB, 1202x2914px
>>49501686
>>49501741
>>
File: is this heretic serious.jpg (7KB, 130x131px) Image search: [Google]
is this heretic serious.jpg
7KB, 130x131px
>>49501790
A reaction image goldmine.
>>
File: 1454584246791.jpg (81KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
1454584246791.jpg
81KB, 600x765px
>>49501790
eldar are for handholding and pillow fights with sisters.
>>
The High Priestess of Isha is called Macha
>>
>>49501999
...Has she go laid yet?
>>
>>49501999

waste of trips.
>>
>>49502062
Oh yes. She is High Priestess of a mother goddess and married to the Emperor. Sex is part of her job, religion and social obligations and she is enthusiastic about her duties. So much so in fact that she has developed somewhat of a reputation amongst her people who wonder how the Emperor survives.
>>
>>49502873
>no jiggly bouncy eldar wife who lives only to fuck you.
pulpimus maximus.
>>
File: everywhere.jpg (237KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
everywhere.jpg
237KB, 1024x634px
>>49488764
>nigger emperor
>>
>>49502898
>THE EMPEROR WAS WHITE
>ANATOLIANS ARE TURKS
>ANATOLIA IS A PART OF TURKEY
>TURKS ARE WHITE
>>
File: ataturk_by_merveturkey-d3jtwdz.jpg (1MB, 1653x2299px) Image search: [Google]
ataturk_by_merveturkey-d3jtwdz.jpg
1MB, 1653x2299px
>>49502975
Brilliant.
>>
>>49497245
Webway is reserved for Inquisition use.

The webway at least to some degree is influenced by the thoughts of those who walk through it. Humanity numbers in the quadrillions. Trillions/Quadrillions of humans using it as a short cut would possibly seriously fuck it up.

Inquisitors, Inquisitorial retinues, private armies of inquisitors, the inquisitorial storm trooper regiments, Battle Sisters (when they are on Inquisition business), Deathwatch, Grey Knights and a few others are allowed free access.

Other people can get access in extreme emergencies. Prince Yriel once transported half a million Kriegers through it to bolster the Preatorian defences during 8th Black Crusade. Kriegers have very introverted minds so possible psyco-seepage risks were relatively small. He still got a lot of shit for it from the other elder.

As an apology the Eldar did enhance the Astronomican with wraithbone buffers, magnifiers and safety features. It isn't so harmful to use anymore and being given Lighthouse duty isn't an automatic death sentence anymore.
>>
>>49496205
I'm imagining that the Emperor and Isha do have children.

They are possibly immortal, have been together for thousands of years and although hybrids are possible but extremely rare they have provided ample opportunity for such occurrences.

In this universe the Sensei are the children of Emperor and Isha.

There are maybe a fair few dozen of them but less than a hundred at most. This sounds like a lot but They have been married for thousands of years.
>>
>>49503344
But what their distance would mean politically?
I mean we would have a situation like saudi Arábia with hundreds of princes and princesses.
>>
>>49503259
>Prince Yriel brings Kriegers to Iyanden via Webway to save the Craftworld from the 'Nids
Fund it.
>>
>>49504032
That makes the assumption that the Imperial Throne is hereditary.

The Eldar don't have a hierarchy that extends beyond whoever is in control of the craftworld and that's usually a council of some sort.

Isha is a leader of part of their religion and although they all respect and venerate her she has no direct authority beyond her disciples.

If Emperor was to die the High Lords would presumably just trundle on as best they could.

As it stands the biological offspring of the Emperor and Isha have no official political authority or titles bar those they obtain in life under their own steam.
>>
>>49502873
>"GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY!...VIGOROUSLY!?
>>
>>49504110
in theory
in practice they will be the children of two space gods with all the power that entails.
>>
>>49504413
Exactly. Many cultures both human and xeno set political store by bloodline and next of kin. Neither Emperor nor Isha do but that would be irrelivent to t hem.

Their children could go to those worlds and coast into influence quite easily. Their parents might disapprove but that would be an internal affair of that particular world and as such they probably wouldn't interfere unless they tried to break away from the Imperium or worship Chaos.

Would they be inherently powerful?

>>49504065
Prince Yriel has a shit tonne of stories about him.

He got the Demiurge to sign the first iteration of the current Ironclad Treaty.
>>
>>49504413
Now that agreed that they both have offspring how would they be raised?
Do they have a normal childhood or just come into adulthood immediatily.
Are their powers the same or would they have some variation?
>>
>>49504549
I personally think the Sensei as they are here would be a bad idea; regardless of how they actually feel about each other, the marriage between the Emperor and Isha is a political one, and while they are gods, the spiritual biologies between them might be as incompatible as the physical differences between their subjects.

That being said, who ever said that gods have to reproduce the same way we do? Perhaps they have children via saints?

Basically, when someone performs an act of badassery that we currently associate with sainthood, they become infused with holy light, and where Sister Celestine once stood, now there is only Saint Celestine, infused with the energies of her divine parentage, a true Daughter of the God-Emperor and Lady Isha. Lord Solar Macharius charges alone straight into the ranks of a Chaos horde, and comes out the other end Saint Macharius, his soul burning with fire granted by his two deities. Prince Yriel leads his forces to save Iyanden, and the souls of the those whose soulstones were broken rejoice as Saint Yriel snatches them from Slaanesh's clutches, his strength inherited from his now-divine parentage.

I dunno, I think it sounds better than 'Emprah put his thing into Isha's thing and they did THE THING and nine months later things happened'.
>>
>>49504659
They are half-elder so they would be

>Tall gaunt humans with slightly pointy ears
>Short broad elder with slightly rounded ears

Depending on who you ask.

Isha is ultimately the mother of every elder and so can birthing elder with any natural elder features. Not sure about if there would be a similar deal with the Emperor. He was ancient Anatolian so maybe he genetically still is brown/blue eyed, brown/black haired and tanned skin.

In terms of psychic ability I would suggest low to low-middle range of ability. Their strength lies in their stability and that their souls are already claimed by their father or mother or one of her kin automatically and as such are possession proof. Also naturally born astropaths but it does give them a hangover.
>>
>>49504758
Nah, I don't think we should go the 'half-Eldar' route, I think this anon's >>49504689 way is the way to go. The Emperor and Isha have 'children' via infusing particularly extrodinary individuals with some of their divine power to go forth and kick ass for their people. Besides, I think hybrids would be too bright for our nobledark.
>>
>>49504826
>>49504689
I like it!
And would these individuals be granted near immortality or their powers would vary?
>>
>>49504826
You make a good point.

>>49504881
I would say they should vary. People are not made uniformly and people live different lives. They would end up different.
>>
>>49504881
Their lifespans would be no longer than the usual person given juvenat drugs or the like, but their lives will extraordinary by sheer virtue of who they are.
>>
>>49501644
Pretty much, yeah. I mean, Nurgle is also the Chaos God of Family, so he may actually be pretty good at it. Except for those teenage years, cause the kid will keep trying to get laid with Slaanesh, kill someone with Khorne or just fuck up his Dad's stuff with the Changer of Ways. You could also appy it the whole 'their children are really cool people they bless' thing, by saying that the Chaos Gods (working together, ala Horus) say their chance and rammed a hot load of Chaos into someone's soul when the Emperor and Isha were blessing them.
>>
If none of the primarchs fell to Chaos there should be far fewer marines in the Chaos ranks, more deamons and more regular humans.

What marines there are should.be far more powerful.
>>
>>49505621
>nurgle is the chaos god of family
no.
>>
>>49502887
A mere mortal would not survive.
>>
>>49506044
I think a few Primarchs would fall, but not as many as canon. Who these Primarchs are, I'll leave to /tg/.
>>
File: dakka_lad_by_lgliang-d2ya40k.jpg (264KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
dakka_lad_by_lgliang-d2ya40k.jpg
264KB, 1000x669px
But wouldn't Orks just get way meanier if the resistance against them rises due to his allience?
>>
File: bjorn_by_brother_melice-d63egvu.jpg (169KB, 936x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bjorn_by_brother_melice-d63egvu.jpg
169KB, 936x1200px
>>49490850
>>49507724
Russ was the first to recruit into his super human ranks men from beyond the borders of Sol. The people of Fenris were excellent recruitment stock for all that they required additional education due to their barbarity and primitive nature.

Russ himself was from an at the time discontinued line of super soldiers, savage and with heightened senses the Canis Helix (or Dog Soldier as it's detractors of the time referred to it) project proved to be too unstable. If news of the monsters born from it had become common knowledge on Earth the Warlord would have lost support. On a distant world seldom visited and remote as Fenris was the project could be begun an new at Russ' behest and any monsters arising are the problem of a few distant primatives and no one else needs to know.

The Emperor claimed no knowledge at first that new Dog Soldiers were being created and when he learned of it Russ claimed that the "failure rate was well within acceptable parameters", the Emperor was trusting of his generals and so left the matter alone.

The Space Wolves, as the legion became known, served with great distinction during the Great Crusade and excelled primarily at tracking and assassination and close quarters ambush.

In the wretched days of the War of the Beast a regrettable number of the wolves were tempted down the path of bloodshed for bloodshed's sake and forsook the Empty Throne of Earth for a throne of brass and bone where the God of War held court. Of these oathbreakers no name was cursed more by Russ than that of Skyrar of Caledonia whom Russ would once have called brother.

Some measure of honour was restored to those broken ranks torn back from turncoats and anointed with blood. The name of Russ' Wolves was held in esteem on Old Earth as he made great speed towards the home he had left a lifetime ago and his heart was broken to see even from orbit that globe aflame.
>>
File: 1242488502078.jpg (428KB, 729x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1242488502078.jpg
428KB, 729x1000px
>>49508627
Yes.

>>49508726
In the name of redemption the wolves threw themselves into the inferno and fought like mad beasts, without hope for tomorrow or thought of the past.

Russ were there at the Last Roll of Thunder when Arik Taranis, Bearer of Lightning, fell in battle in the great plaza before the Eternity Gate and took up the tattered old Unification banner.

When the last of the fires grew cold none would again question the loyalty of the Space Wolves. For all that a shattered remnant of a Legion remained they felt whole again and for all that they were covered in blood and soot they felt clean.

In the days of rebuilding what was left of the Space Wolves rebuilt also, the Imperium would always need it's tame monsters.

Some two centuries later Russ, now an old warrior and King of his adopted world, walked out into the snow. His friends and servants followed his tracks into the cold fir woods of the frozen north but he was never seen again. Some say the Old King will return one day when Old Night returns and hope withers and the stars grow dim.
>>
>>49508726
>>49508954
Nice! Love how the emphasis is on the VIking and monstrous sides of the Wolves, instead of YIFF YIFF WOLF WOLF.

What about the canon Traitor chapters? I mean, I'm sure we'll never be able to tell whose side the Alpha Legion is on as always, but what if the Night Lords were just a chapter of Batmen, nothing more or less? Would Perturabo's inclinations towards the gentler arts be well-known here?
>>
>>49508994
Thank you.

I'm trying to go for an "every side had Chaos in it's ranks" approach rather than the neat cut down the middle.
>>
>>49508627
No, that's not how Orkz work. If the Eldar and Imperium team up, more Orkz will fight them because they're good for a scrap, but the Orkz won't suddenly get more badass because it'll be harder to fight them
>>
File: 1311747382796.jpg (136KB, 1051x867px) Image search: [Google]
1311747382796.jpg
136KB, 1051x867px
>>49508994
Which one should I attempt to fuck up next?
>>
>>49509671
Whatever you like, thoughn I've always liked ADB's Night Lords.
>>
File: 1375558933760.jpg (112KB, 919x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1375558933760.jpg
112KB, 919x1300px
>>49509682
Konrad Curze was a man that could politely be described as driven and accurately be described as a frothing at the mouth lunatic. Of all the Primarchs appointed none were more questioned than he.

He had grown up in the final days of the Age of Strife in the rambling under city Tordashimya in the Pan Pacific Empire with all of the horrors and excess that this entails. To say that this had an effect on the deepest levels of his mind would be insufficient, he say the fledgling Imperium as only existing as a means of imposing some sort of order and some basic justice on a world that was in dire need of both and he saw it as his duty to make it happen.

Sadly his means of doing so left much to be desired. The easiest way to rebuild a society is to break it down, the quickest way to gain obedience is through fear and the quickest way to install some system of punishments for crime is to decapitate the government and install a new one.

Despite, or some darkly whispered because of, the Stewards insistence that he change his tact Curze became stubborn and resentful and his predations became more brutal. Unable to halt his course the Steward of Earth directed him instead to the worlds of no hope, worlds so broken that they could never be brought in to the Imperium. Worlds he couldn't make worse.

It was on the world of Nostramo seemingly cursed by gods and men that the Night Haunter found some strange joy. If he could bring a world so broken, so unspeakably wretched, as this to the light of civility then he would be vindicated before the whole galaxy.

The subjugation of that world was the harrowing stuff of nightmares. The Dark Eldar could barely have done better to make every day-cycle a new nightmare.

But in time Night Lord Curze was vindicated. His people took control of ever position of authority and the malcontents and all of their families and friends be hey man or woman or elder or child were removed and rediscovered mutilated and quite dead.
>>
File: 1270309334759.jpg (18KB, 345x314px) Image search: [Google]
1270309334759.jpg
18KB, 345x314px
>>49510082
But order was brought, hideous as it was.

For all the horrors his legion inflicted on one world ten more surrendered without raising arms. Examples were made of the worst so that more virtuous peoples could be saved.

When the dark whispers of Chaos afflicted his mind and the eldar of the Crone Worlds arose from their dark corners of space assailed and his dreams and offered him such tantalizing thing they found their blandishments wanting. Their envoys were cut down, their offers refused and a their promises met with scorn. They had assumed that something so monstrous as Curze had become would revel in their depraved debaucheries without considering that he would find them as repulsive as other, better, people found him.

Some, of course, fell. Younger soldiers who had maybe joined the cause for self gratification, creatures in mans guise that had enjoyed their work.

For the entirety of the War of the Beast the Lords of the Night were found sowing discord and misery amongst the fleets and the armies of damnation. For every horror the invaders committed more was inflicted upon them.

Few of that despised Legion fought on the soil of Old Earth and never were they allowed to forget this. But because of their actions the forces of damnation were weakened and poorly focused with one eye always over their shoulder.

In the aftermath of that war it was in no small part due to Curze that more provincial worlds didn't try to leave the Imperium. In the Imperium they had protection. Outside the Imperium Curze would "convince" them to rejoin the Imperium.

Curze was in latter years well aware that he had become everything he had despised in his youth. In the year 243M32 he had himself tried and executed for war crimes as the ultimate testament that none were beyond judgement. He had deemed himself to have outlived his usefulness and although the Imperium could tolerate a useful monster it should have no love for them.
>>
>>49510497
>Curze was in latter years well aware that he had become everything he had despised in his youth. In the year 243M32 he had himself tried and executed for war crimes as the ultimate testament that none were beyond judgement.

See, I think THIS is what Curze should've been if GW was going for a truly tragic figure- a monster who loves the village who hates him.
>>
File: 40k history.png (160KB, 1877x876px) Image search: [Google]
40k history.png
160KB, 1877x876px
>>49488764
surprised this hasn't been posted yet
>>
>>49496465
I've always im imagined that Bjorn talks like Bilbo Baggins. Every Time the wraithguard show up Bjorn stands up, grabs his axe and says to the poor attending serf, "I'm feeling quite ready for another adventure"
>>
>>49511132
Uncle Bjorn is always ready for adventure, he's a cool dude like that.
>>
>>49511132
Some times a serf will try and tell him it's not appropriate for him to keep doling this.

They usually find themselves surrounded by eldar who want to explain how and why they are very wrong.
>>
File: I am the Law, and the Law won.jpg (62KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
I am the Law, and the Law won.jpg
62KB, 600x384px
>>49510497
>Curz tries, convicts, and sentances himself
>Curze is his own Judge, Jury, and Executioner
>pic related
>>
Many regiments of the guard have variations of a singular tradition- one warrior is chosen, either by lots or by skill, to shed all of their armor before the next battle. Naked apart from red and black paint they daub themselves in, they lead the charge screaming the name of the god of battle Kaine
>>
>>49509301
Yes tehy will. If they have harder fights to fight more powerful Orks pop up more frequently
>>
where did the keening bad advice cat meme come from?
>>
>>49515901
Kerning not keening
>>
>>49515911
What?
>>
Hey, since this is nobledark

does angron get adopted by the eldar instead of made into an angry murderhobo?
>>
>>49516653
Angron was a slave pit fighter in what was left of the Nord Afrik Enclaves.

He was liberated quite early on in The Warlords campaign. Signed on to join the Thunder Warriors.

Rose through the ranks and earned great fame and respect. Munched loved by his men due to his tendency to lead from the front and getting stuck in where the fighting was thickest.

Was one of the older generation of TW with all the damage and flaws this brought with it.

Due to his astounding aptitudes he was promoted to the rank of Primarch and given command of a batch of the new Astartes model Space Marines.

Plagued by health issues despite attempts to repair his faulty upgrades. Refused the retirement offer that many TW took to make lives for themselves. He wouldn't have been able to deal with a peaceful life.

Survived all the way to the end of The War of the Beast but not much longer. Died peacefully in his sleep. Probably the oldest TW.

Kharn the Oathsworn took over, new type of super soldier for a new era.

He didn't live a happy life, but given the nature of his childhood he could have lived a worse one and a statue of him stands outside the gate of the Carthisisa Hive Cathedral.
>>
>Curze was in latter years well aware that he had become everything he had despised in his youth. In the year 243M32 he had himself tried and executed for war crimes as the ultimate testament that none were beyond judgement. He had deemed himself to have outlived his usefulness and although the Imperium could tolerate a useful monster it should have no love for them.

Damn, that's some good stuff. So, would Curze be like the patron saint of the Adeptus Arbites in this setting?
>>
>>49498826
All the radiant glow gave him a unhealthy tan.
>>
>>49516972
I don't think they would have made him a saint. He did some pretty fucked up shit in his career and
>He had deemed himself to have outlived his usefulness and although the Imperium could tolerate a useful monster it should have no love for them.

They would hold him up as an example that none are beyond the Imperium's Law. Maybe there are sects out there that also hold him up as an example that no matter how fallen none are beyond the possibility of redemption, even if it has to be granted with a sharp blade.
>>
File: 679px-AngronEldar.png (507KB, 679x600px) Image search: [Google]
679px-AngronEldar.png
507KB, 679x600px
>nobledark
I suppose this fits.
>>
>>49517660
I see you are using Ant Font.
>>
>>49517673
woops
https://1d4chan.org/images/5/50/AngronEldar.png
>>
>>49517686
That's a good read but this time the Primarchs were already men of accomplishment recruited by The Warlord rather than creatures grown in a lab and scattered.
>>
>>49517835
well shit.
I just thought this was a nobledark warhammer thread which continued from the previous one where we were writing stuff about eldar waifus.
>>
File: 1451905253264.jpg (274KB, 426x1869px) Image search: [Google]
1451905253264.jpg
274KB, 426x1869px
>>49517879
It's turned into the beginning of a setting in which the political union, of which the marriage between Isha and Emperor was a part, and inclusion of the elder peoples into the fledgling Imperium has resulted in a less shit Imperium but a not less shit galaxy as a whole.

Imperium of M41 contains many xeno realms all united in the noble cause of not getting rape-torture-murdered into extinction.
>>
>>49517932
One wonders just how integrated the New Imperium is though- the Eldar and Humans are united by virtue of their gods, while the Tau's Greater Good is a philosophy that meshes quite well with Imperial religion, but what about other races? Sure, the Imperium's more reasonable citizens might not have a problem with dealing with aliens who aren't shooting at them, but what about the aliens themselves? Would following the Imperium's laws be enough to place them under the Aquila's protection? Or will they have to convert? How would a Tarellian Dog Soldier or Kroot feel about having to pay fealty to gods who look nothing like them, and whom they've probably never heard of beforehand?

And what about Chaos? It'd be very easy for cultists to infiltrate Imperial society, dressing their practices up as just another alien interpretation. Or maybe there are cultists among the aliens, resentful of the influence that the Imperial Church holds above their own beliefs.
>>
After the War of the Beast

World Eaters - Break down into squad sized units and distribute themselves thinly across the entire Imperial Army. They maintain more recruitment offices across more than any other legion due to the high turn over rate. Somewhere out their Kharn the Oathsworn tends one of these shrines, an ancient among a race of near immortals. He offers what wisdom he has to those who come to him. They are peerless among Astartes for their prowess in close combat but are considered an unruly mixed blessing by the officers of the Imperial Army.

Imperial Fists & Iron Warriros - Two legions more alike than they would care to admit. Their break up was caused more due to their nature as garrison forces. Brotherhoods in isolation for long ages tended to adopt the cultures of their new homes as memories of another time grew more dim. The major difference between the two by M41 was that the Iron Warriors were more commonly found guarding Forge and Hive worlds whereas the Imperial Fists were more typically found on Civilized and Agri worlds.

The Ultramarines were the ones to hold closest to their old organization and hierarchy and merely relocated wholesale to the Eastern Imperium, settion up shop in the Age of Strife survivor empire of Ultramar that had joined the Imperium willingly. They were seen as the guardiens of civilization on the Eastern fringe and under their watch Macragge became a light to be outshone only by Distant Terra.
>>
File: 1469820769753.jpg (1MB, 1800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1469820769753.jpg
1MB, 1800x2500px
>>49501454
>>49501686
>Durrrr fuck the space elves hurr!

I know someone else would've said it, but pretty sure that's part of this discussion...

Also posting the pic to piss off that guy who's all 'muh lore, no preggers!'
>>
>>49518419
The Emperor outright forbade worship of himself and only accepted veneration on sufferance. Joining the Imperium requires very little. Swear loyalty to the Imperium, provide soldiers to defend the Imperium (or equivalent value in goods) and obey some rather basic laws. Beyond that the High Lords, Emperor and Imperium at large couldn't care much less.

>>49518433
The Word Bearers fragmented into thousand strong Knightly Orders that eventually fragmented further into hundred strong brotherhoods that scattered themselves across the stars, ever watchful of Chaos.

They had been instrumental in the founding of the Inquisition, demanding that Imperial Army Chaplains be held to certain standards of training and monitoring the religious activities within the Imperial borders for anything that could turn into internal strife.

Some said that it was the detachment that once more adopted the old name Imperial Heralds that had played a keystone in the founding of the Inquisition, but of the origins of that most secretive of orders nothing is know with certainty.

Their orders never became religious militaries in accordance with the Emperor's demands although they did become warriors with deeply spiritual lives, it was a distinction that all could live with. Especially given that no two brotherhoods seemed to share the same faith and so the likelihood of them pushing for a coherency Imperial Theocracy was rather small.
>>
File: 1472392473395.png (425KB, 781x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472392473395.png
425KB, 781x450px
>>49501686
Asides from the whole; 'do not trust them sneaky and cunning elves' thing, what exactly is so wrong with the very idea of ANY form of human-elf alliance? Pretty sure best of both worlds outweighs the bad parts of both worlds.

>inb4 cutie half-elf kids
>pic somewhat related

>>49509671
Hey I've been looking for that one pic humanxeldar pic for sometime, thanks for posting this.
>>
>>49517879
Personally, id push for an imperium where nearly everything remains the same but sometime in m40 emps and ish have a spiritual marriage in the warp due to fuckery, allowing emps a brief reprieve from fighting daemons to explain to the imperium what's going on.
1) eldar are friends now
2) you don't need to kill people for not believing in me
And thus there are eldar waifus and much rejoicing.
>>
When I saw the previous thread that this is continuing from >>49437641

I got an idea that popped into mind involving the half breed offspring that's most likely gonna happen thanks to the human-eldar alliance. Asides from half eldar offspring being all 'cutie-adorable-handsome-beautiful wifes and husbandos', I headcanon the half breeds would be far more athletic and very agile compared to normal humans. But their athleticism would either be considered "sloppy" or "just close enough" in "regular" eldar standards.

Half Eldar would have a natural born tendency to be far more athletic than most normal humans and would therefore be experts and or masters in the art of Parkour or Freerunning . (wonder what would the bullshit Latin name for Parkour in 40K)

So in training facilities, asides from seeing human personnel learn how to do fancy and sleek agile Ballet-like moves from eldar instructors and seeing human CQC instructors teaching Mixed Martial Arts and Dirty Fighting techniques to eldar. One will also see half eldar personnel training and mastering their freerunning in parkour courses.

Basically I'll try summing it up like this:

A human, an eldar and a half-breed between the two are in a platform and they'd have to jump of it.

-Human will either try to scale it down or jump of it by landing on their fours; using their hands and legs, hopefully not getting too hurt.

-Eldar will do some fancy kung-fu level front flip or back flip and landing perfectly on their feet.

-And the half eldar will jump and roll; basic parkour move.

So what do you think?
>>
>>49518648
And I would argue for the union to take place during the founding of the Imperium and everything written that follows.
>>
>>49496465
Ulrik the Slayer seems pretty bro though.

Especially for adventure.
>>
>>49518704
Sounds good.

it was mentioned in either this thread or the last thread that the Mechanicus have looked at the twisted and weird elder DNA and determined that hybrids are impossible.

This does not stop hybrids from happening on rare occasion and that makes the Mechanicus sad because they can't understand how it happens at all.

Assuming they are between their parents in all aspects you would get a broad and heavy set elder/tall gaunt athletic human with slightly too rounded/pointed ears and low end but stable psychic powers.

But they would be rare and they might be mule dead ends.
>>
>>49518732
He is, but on his terms.

He doesn't trust the eldar an much like most of the Salamanders can't easily tell the difference between a Craftworlder and a Commorrite.

He is the basically nice but often grumpy and slightly racist old uncle of the chapter.
>>
Gonna repost some funnies: >>49459575

with this whole scenario of humanity and eldar being legit friends and allies, I take it funny situations like this can occur:

>human and eldar soldier inside the passenger compartment of an APC
>they stay both stay in there to just rest around while chatting
>they both slowly start getting intimate until an officer/the commander and owner of the APC bangs on the APC's back door from the outside telling:
>"Friendly reminder, no porking and or love making inside armored personnel carriers. Not everyone is okay with vehicle interiors reeking of jumbled thoughts and sexual fluids. Thank you."
>snickering, giggling and soft laughter is then heard from the outside
>>
>>49518704
>>49518764
I thought we already agreed that hybrids were impossible though? Like, this is nobledark, not grim bright
>>
File: 1457343119001.jpg (277KB, 1200x814px) Image search: [Google]
1457343119001.jpg
277KB, 1200x814px
>>49519103
Alright no natural hybrids, although engineered vat grown children are presumably something some fringe group of the Adeptus Biologicus has perpetrated because how could it be otherwise.

Although this does make the rather odd situation that the lesser disciples of Isha are notorious for getting pregnant off of anything stronger than a friendly smile but High Priestess, despite her legendary efforts, remains childless.

Also how would the eldar react to a small but growing number of Kroot who have taken to the worship of Kurnous?
>>
>>49518419
> the Tau's Greater Good is a philosophy that meshes quite well with Imperial religion
It does not. The greater Good is basically "accept your Tau overlords or perish".
>>
>>49519683
And the Imperial Creed in the official GW 40k is DEATH TO THE XENO!!!!11!!!!

It can be a different variation of something similar here.

This time round the Greater Good could be something along the lines of

>Submit your wants for the good of society
>Surrender your desires for the good of the many
>Work hard for the strength of the collective

It is a society based on rejection of the self for the benefit of the whole. The Ethereals are seen as the best interpreters for what this is having been born and bred over thousands of years for the job.

Maybe there are some Ethereals and Water Caste in the local hierarchies of the Administratum of the Eastern Fringe.

In much the same way the Eastern Fringe Imperial Army might have a few Fire Warrior regiments.
>>
Would the elder reguard the Ogyrn as double humans?
>>
>>49520183
Dunno, but it's also an interesting question. In Regular 40Kâ„¢, abhumans are often seen as just a step above mutants, but in a more accepting Imperium, would this have changed? Would we see Ratling Lord Generals, Ogryn Stormtroopers or Felinid Vindicares?

And how about mutants themselves? All tarred with the same brush, or will there be a (or at least enough knowledge, aptitude and opportunities to make a) distinction between Chaos-spawned mutants and those poor souls affected by chemicals and the like?
>>
>>49519103
>I thought we already agreed that hybrids were impossible though? Like, this is nobledark, not grim bright
what's exactly wrong with hybrids?
>>
File: 1367791148950.jpg (163KB, 547x511px) Image search: [Google]
1367791148950.jpg
163KB, 547x511px
>>49517932
OH SHIT THERE IS FANART OF HER:

Please tell me there is more and post them.
>>
>>49520576
The Ogyrn Storm Troopers are probably pushing it a bit too far but they would or at least should be treated better.
>>
>>49496353
>Tau citizen, "should we praise the creepy dudes that smell or the crazy people with the giant army letting us live in the empire. I think we all know that answer."
>>
>>49496989
Dude they stop using those virus bombs a long a time ago regardless of which universe, that shit powers up Nurgle. We use good old fashion Cyclonic Torpedoes.
>>
>>49501686
Bend a hot space elf over the top of a Rhino? I am all for it. HUMAN MONKEY DICK DONT STOP!
>>
>>49520668
Besides being impossible due to the nature of Humans and Eldar being completely diffetent species without the benefit of 'Magic: I ain't gotta explain shit' that fantasy settings have? However, I could accept that some hybrids were created by some Biologis Magos's getting fucky with some god old fashioned Drunk science, but other than that, well it's just not good.
>>
File: 1464200892929.png (237KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464200892929.png
237KB, 566x800px
>>49522079
Drunk Science is best science.

>>49521520
If Tau ever did manage to have a civil war you can put money on it being a war so polite the rest of the galaxy wouldn't notice.
>>
File: 1474873092115.jpg (186KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474873092115.jpg
186KB, 900x1000px
>All these idiots (or maybe it's just the one idiot) complaining about Eldar-human love.
Could be worse, it could be a member of the Admech dating a Jokearo with a Brainwave-to Speech device
>>
>>49496587
Remember that the 'crons whole purpose was against the warp. Hence the cadian pylons and why the cadia gate exists. And neither humanity nor eldar would appreciate allying with those that wanna shut down their little teleport highway. Even tho the silent king gave 'crons "independance" now, not many are going to want to see their work wasted for alliences. Even as necrontyr they had a deep hatred for all life, just read the fluff. Yes some would like to revert biotransferrance and that can be done with an alliance. But not with a warp loving humanity, especially with the eldar involved who are going to sway to keep the warp. Humanity and cron allience alone however- would slove the chaos, eldar, dark eldar and even possibly ork and tyranid problems too as they all(or possibly speculated) use psykic/warp energy. And cron could just teach humanity their c'tan tech. Bet even then the emperor/authoritive figure would have to accept the truth that c'tan where higher beings. Possibly even find and reunite shards/whole c'tan themeselves, like the mars dragon etc. Tl;dr, humies and eldar=no crons at all.
>>
>>49523154
>If Tau ever did manage to have a civil war you can put money on it being a war so polite the rest of the galaxy wouldn't notice.
"May you live in interesting times!"
>>
>>49523548
This makes the assumption that the Necrons are thinking in straight lines and aren't totally nucking futs.
>>
>>49518799
Sounds hilarious.
>>
>>49521356
Shock troops would be a bit better, for the Bone Edz at least.>>49520576
I thought there were already cat people assassins.
>>
File: grumpy eldar.jpg (63KB, 600x672px) Image search: [Google]
grumpy eldar.jpg
63KB, 600x672px
>>49524155
As the head priest of Fenris, that has a Nordic style pantheon, he is invited to all of the high society events that concern his chapter.

He's always trying to keep an eye on those naughty "Saim-Hann" eldar (they all look the fucking same to him) because he's sure they have been slipping the cutlery into their pockets.

In much the same way he believes that the Demiurge control all the interstellar banking.

But for all that he is a bit of an asshole he did stand between a refugee filled dome of Crystal Seers and a demonic horde on Ulthwe during the 12 Black Crusade so the eldar tolerate him with good humour.
>>
>>49521275
>>49521275
All I got is this. It is not the face of mercy.
>>
File: eldar snow.png (126KB, 577x574px) Image search: [Google]
eldar snow.png
126KB, 577x574px
>>
>>49488764
This is pretty neat. Probably going to have a campaign where the Deltic Lions rescue Isha and the union between her and Big E happens sometime in M39 and work from there.
>>
>>49524422
Dub dubs exonerate the great racist and grumpy one.
>>
>>49526499
He hasn't done anything that needs exonerating, everyone knows you shouldn't buy a used space ship of an eldar.
>>
What happened to the writefag that made the prissy elder dude on the front lines with a hot ginger story go? I want more.
>>
>>49526755
That would be nice.

Either that or one about a human diplomat on a craftworld.
>>
>>49527305
dicking the farseer behind the wraithbone shed.
>>
>>49496563

I just expect the kid to turn out like Lofn, Exponent eleven
>>
>>49526755
>>49527305
>>49528257
I know this thread's all about disscussing the worldbuilding around a human-eldar alliance.

But hey, funny fraternization stories would be cool too.

>human diplomat and a farseer porking behind a shed or in some poor sod's vehicles like in >>49518952

Yeah, I'd love to see someone write that.
>>
>>49527305
Or alternatively the human ambassador getting dicked by a warlock until she's a raw quivering wreck of a woman, bruised and broken and demanding another round of fucking like crazed jackhammers from the equally ruined and exhausted warlock.
>>
>>49531318
Shit. Meant to reply to
>>49530700
>>
>>49524942
I wonder what happened to her in this timeline.
>>
>>49524422
I would like to think that in this universe Fenris isn't quite as shit.

The planet is still as awful to live on but there was not "intentionally keeping them primitive because muh vikingz".

There is a limit to how technologically advanced they can get because of the nature of their world and their world still kills off the stupid and thy still have the insane training and selection regime so there is no real drop in recruit quality.

It also means that there are fenrisian Imperial Army regiments and the Old Gods faith and the Fenrisian gene-pool has been exported off-world, at lest to some extent.

Think a sort of cross between ye olde Norse and the Swedish Empire at it's height.

Russ was all for strength, but not at the expense of cunning. He was all for competition but not to the extent civil war, not whilst there are orks to slay and Crone-worlder fuck up.

Ulrik the Slayer is, in effect, the head of an interplanetary religion.
>>
File: 1474042254646.jpg (18KB, 265x255px) Image search: [Google]
1474042254646.jpg
18KB, 265x255px
>>49531318
>Screaming Banshee tries to seduce a heavy weapons expert Guardsman with a big gun
>It works
>he counter seduces her with a chainsword
>it works
>Farseer's and CO's facets when
>>
Horus - 100% human from Luna, possibly of Void Born stock.
Russ - Canis Helix variant of Marine from land of Skand
Ferrus Manus - High quality skittarii of one of the Terran Mechanicus enclaves
Fulgrim - Astartes pattern from Merika
Vulkan - Astartes pattern from Afrique League
Dorn - Calbi born, early model astartes pattern. Desensitization problems.
Guilliman - Europia, limited gene-forging and discrete cybernetic enhancement. Unsuitable for Astartes upgrades due to age.
Magnus the Red - child of a high end psychic mother and a Navigator father. No augmentations. Court of Ursh.
Sanguinius - Astartes from Dusht Jemanic.
Lion - Astartes. Franj born
Perty - Late stage Thunder Warrior commander of the Macedonia Garrison.
Morty - Late stage Thunder Warrior with cyber-augments. Grandson of Unspeakable Tyrant of Gredbritton.
Logar - Limited gene-forged. Ynsdonesic Bloc theocracy.
Khan - Former military commander of Ursh. Early Astartes.
Curze - Late stage Astartes. Pan-Pacific Empire.
Angron - Very early TW. Nord Afrik Enclaves.
Corax - Bania, astartes.
Alpharious & Omegon - records deleted
>>
File: 1474824711724.png (644KB, 853x434px) Image search: [Google]
1474824711724.png
644KB, 853x434px
>>49535168
>Alpharious and Omegon-records deleted
>>
>>49535168
>Grandson of Unspeakable Tyrant of Gredbritton.
Which one? And don't say one of the current political leaders or I'll hang you up by your figgin* and no mistake.
>*Small fruit scone.
>>
File: 1474905645270.png (455KB, 623x334px) Image search: [Google]
1474905645270.png
455KB, 623x334px
>>49535168
>Desensitization problems.
>>
File: 1474849921056.jpg (209KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1474849921056.jpg
209KB, 623x414px
>>49535168
>Fulgrim-Astartes pattern from Merika
>>
>>49526755
>>49527305
>>49528257
>>49534248

I am here.

what you want senpai?
>>
>>49535503
Do the one where the Banshee attempts to seduce a guardsman with a gun, and he counter seduces her with a chainsword. That outta be good for some keks.
>>
>>49535731
how will that even work?
>>
File: Edgar-men-in-black.jpg (235KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
Edgar-men-in-black.jpg
235KB, 746x982px
>>49535503
Anything. Just more
>>
>>49536301
How about a racist gruff colonel with a 1000 yard stare who is put in charge of the imperial embassy on a exodite world he nearly lost all his command in?
>>
>>49536336
sounds neat.
And perhaps for the next time an meeting of the Tau with the Humdar alliance
>>
>>49536110
>Banshee has her eye on Guardsman that was recently transfered to the mixed unit regiment on a planet in the back lines
>Attempts to seduce him like a normal person to no avail
>Reason being that Guardsman is a mix between Heavy weapons guy and a /k/ommando, minus turbo autism and faggotry, both figurative and literal
>Really, he's just socially dense
>She notices his almost obsession with weapons and their maintenance
>She gets him a shurikan rifle
>He finally notices this obvious courting now that she's speaking his language
>He returns the gesture with a chainsword
>And it's better than hers in almost every way
>sucessfulcounter.jpg
And then just go from there
>>
I honestly think "nobledark" is just the result of trying to portray a world with actual depth and nuances beyond a "everything ever sucks" gimmick like 40k most of the time or "everything ever is awesome" gimmick like old school Star Trek

Once you develop a setting enough WITHOUT a fixation on making it overtly "dark" or "cheerful" they're almost always going to turn out as either nobledark or grimbright
>>
>>49536571
Yep, that sounds about right
>>
Hang on guys, its gonna be a little long.
The last and perhaps most vivid memory Colonel Jonas Straken remembered from his decade and a half service in the imperial guard was the approach of the evac Valkyrie. He would forget the day he joined the imperial guard, his first taste of combat, and the medals and citations he received, but he would always remember the way he was evacuated with what remained of his command.

The details were a little hazy, of course. Imperial policy being what it was, defeats would be sealed under layers of military bureaucracy, and there were always new soldiers to try out new approaches.

What Colonel Jonas remembered was the feeling of incredible coldness. He had been hit during combat, and since he was running out of stims, his body could no longer cope. He had the sensation of being carried on a makeshift stretcher and on to the evac zone.

The air was filled with the miasma of the dying. While the medical officers did their best, there were simply too many casualties. He dimly recalled soldiers asking him for orders, only, he didn't know what orders he gave.

Were they ordered to advance and destroy the xenos? Or were they ordered to retreat and set up better defensive positions and await for relief forces to arrive? Jonas didn't remember any more.

All he remembered was the blessed warmth. He was cold all over when it appeared. A fierce hot glow that nearly blinded him and spread a warmth to his limbs. For a moment he thought that the emperor's angels had come to bear him to a well deserved final rest. However, angels were not known for the loud whine that engines are known to make,

He remembered his medical officer's face, a dark brown color, and the feeling of his hand on Jonas' pulse. The man was grimacing as Jonas was lifted with several other casualties (all of them officers) and evacuated out of the battle.
>>
>>49536991

A year later, much had changed in the imperium, and Jonah was only aware of the most broadest of what happened. It still hurt to know that the uniform that he wore was now defunct, for his regiment had been disbanded.

Disbanding a regiment was generally avoided by the imperium. Soldiers might be easy to replace, but legacies were not. A regiment was disbanded only if it was obliterated or if it had turned traitor. Reading his dismissal from the 37th Meridian Infantry Regiment was in many ways, a death sentence to Jonas Straken. He had spent most of his career in the guard building this regiment from the ground up. The world was to be their crowning moment, a chance to live forever as heroes of the imperium. And He had failed that. In many ways, it was as if his own son was dead, and Jonas was the last to know about it.

A product of the Scholam system that had produced excellent men of character who led the pondeerous machinery of the imperium through turbulent times, Jonas was not a man easily given to despair. However, the casual dismissal of his legacy was a bitter pill to swallow, even for the not so old soldier.

His condition worsened, and for a time his medicus wondered if Jonas' spirit had been broken by the news he had received. Being a good man, the doctor wrote to Jonas' higher up, suggesting a change of occupation to help the former Colonel get back into shape.

On a cloudy day on the paradise world he was hospitalized in, Jonas' reverie was broken by a few distinguished guests.

Chief among them was the Lord General Vicus Van Hal, who looked positively ageless due to his juvenant treatments. The Governor of Meridia, a certain Schelgen was also present. Jonas was not used to receive such distinguished personages, and his lack of tact was quickly forgiven. Recovering soldiers were not known for their courtesy.
>>
>>49537244

The emperor had need of Jonas. His actions had earned him several citiations both from Meridia, and the Imperial guard. He was to be honored.

The imperial tarot itself had chosen Jonas for a duty beyond all others. The emperor had made an alliance with the eldar. Jonas Straken, a son of Meridia, and loyal servant of the imperium would be an ambassador to an eldar world.

They had expected Jonas Straken to be thankful. Men were moved to tears by the emperor's grace and mercy, and Jonas would look forward to a good, if boring life on a paradise world.

What they had not expected was Jonah to throw a hissy fit on the spot and curse the xenos that he was supposed to be an ambassador to. He howled for his men, and burst into tears as he recounted their deeds of valor and sacrifice against the foul xeno. He believed it heretical that he would have to shake the hands that were daubed with the blood of his men
It was doubtless a reaction to the medication that the poor soldier was subject to.

The paperwork was done, the forms were all filled, and the petitions were filed. As the days closed on the 40th millenium, Jonah Straken found himself on a shuttle with his medicus, Dr Granicus Kearne, heading towards his new job.

and that's it for now. I need to sleep, so If the thread is up later I will continue. I hope I was able to give a genral outlook of the main character.
>>
>>49537461
Pretty good, though you might want to replace "hissy fit" with something else. It makes him look like a petulant child rather than a scarred and traumatized veteran.
>>
Some ideas on the Craftworlds, let's see where these go:

ALAITOC:
A Craftworld of contradictions, Alaitoc is both highly-regimented and highly liberated-. The reason for this is that while the majority of the Craftworld's population are highly dedicated to Eldar ideals, a sizeable minority seek freedom from their home's stifling environment. As such, its relations with the greater Imperium are also as contradictory.

Officially, Alaitoc is only marginally allied with the Imperium. While they do send small tithes of soldiers as needed, the still-proud Eldar of Alaitoc refuse to have any more dealings with mon-keigh than is strictly necessary. Their troops, even those of the lowest ranks, are notorious often treat non-Eldar of any rank with breathtaking disdain fit to rival any three hive princes one could name. An exasperated Saint Macharius was once heard to remark "Better a thousand armies of the Beast's cultists at my rear than a single Alaitoc Farseer at my side!"

The same cannot be said however, for the Rangers that Alaitoc regularly sends out, albeit unintentionally. Freed of their stifling homes, many eventually find solace in the familiar, though not as restricted, environments of other Craftworlds. More notorious however are those Rangers who find Imperial life to their liking, and in a strange, yet peculiarly Eldar way, often find themselves as obsessed with non-Eldar life as an Exarch on their path, sometimes even combining two or more cultures in their quest for freedom and reinvention. Even the most seasoned galactic traveller must take pause when they find themselves meeting "Fio'La Bork'an Rialieath, Magos Prime of Forge Alpha."
>>
>>49538274
BIEL-TAN:
As one of the Imperium's most militiarized Craftworlds, Biel-Tan Aspect Warriors are the ones most often seen on both the battlefield and in Imperial media, with the gruff, battle-hardened Biel-Tan warrior being a staple of Imperial entertainment. Of the major Craftworlds aligned to the Imperium, the Biel-Tan are perhaps one of the most fanatical in expanding Imperial borders, seeing in the Imperium a chance to recreate the Eldar Empire of old. This has sometimes caused friction even within the Imperial military, as Biel-Tan officers regularly advise all-out offensives regardless of the state of the greater army.

One notable aspect of Biel-tan's society is the surprising amount of regard they hold for the inhabitants of Tallarn, a desert world. During the War of the Beast, a large cultist army sought ancient relics long-buried beneath Tallarn's surface. With Imperial forces being in disarray at the time, many Imperial authorities wrote offf Tallarn as lost, and prepared for an assault from that side, Cursing their new allies and their own kin for their cowardice, the Eldar of Biel-Tan rushed to Tallarn, determined to sell their lives as dearly as possible.

However, upon arrival they found the devastated Tallarni not waging a desperate war, but holding onto a bloody stalemate despite being outnumbered and outgunned. When the ferocious Eldar fell upon the cultist forces, the Tallarni were quick to take the advantage. Though their once prisitine farmworld had been turned into a vast desert, they had managed to win the respect of the Eldar. Though today the Craftworld maintains a careful distance, both socially and physically, from their adopted planet, they do make short visits in small numbers to carefully shepard the desert warriors. Most adult Tallarni that the 'djinns' of their childhood stories are really the Imperium's major alien ally, but even their oldest generals often show more than the usual respect humans give one of the elder race.
>>
>>49538343
IYANDEN (warning, looong):
In official records and Imperial propaganda, Iyanden is one of the most successful examples of Imperial-Eldar relations in history, a friendship won in blood and iron. And while this may be believed by the rank and file of both peoples, the truth is a little more complex than that.

Even after the marriage between the Steward (as he was still known at the time) and Isha, the Craftworld of Iyandem refused to be part of the alliance. They saw the evil that lurked in the hearts of men, and lambasted the idea of chaining their entire race to the barely-tamed, barely-evolved pseudo primates that had the gall to call itself a sentient species. Even so, they knew that angering said wild beast would only prove detrimental, so they made a deal- they would of course honour any request the Imperium would make of them, on the condition the Imperium never made any such request. Though the High Lords took great offence at this snub, they also knew that antagonizing Iyanden would risk the rest of the alliance, and so quietly backed down.

And so matters were left, Iyanden being an island of isolation in the middle of the Realm of Ultramar. Though they opened their docks for limited trade in late M36, they only did so for the handful of Rogue Traders who managed to find their home. Even then, it was only for what few luxuries the Craftworld could not provide, and would be safe for those on the Path to consume.

Then the Hive Fleets came.

(cont.)
>>
>>49538361
Isolated as they were, Iyanden was almost engulfed by the Shadow in the Warp when they managed to send their distress signal. Even so, it said that only by miraculous guidance from the Eternal Emperor and Empress did Prince-Admiral (later Saint) Yriel manage to find the beleagured Craftworld (indeed, it is officially recorded as the Saint's first miracle). Though the rescue effort was a success, the Craftworld was left devastated, with many of its population reduced to soulstones. Even worse, the Imperial fleet that had saved them could barely spend enough time for rest and repairs, as the chitinous tide threatened to drown Ultima Segmentum. No ship could be spared to defend Iyanden, not even the most grievously wounded ones guaranteed to die pauper's deaths in the void.And so it was that Iyanden found itself making another unfair deal. They offered to make themselves a mobile dock for the Imperial Navy, on the condition that there would always be ships provided for their protection.

Today, Iyanden is so integrated into the Navy organization of Ultima Segmentum that it is officially designated a void station colony instead of a Craftworld. Sailors from a hundred member races, from a thousand times more worlds, mingle every day in bustling streets where once Eldar took quiet walks. So many ships orbit the Craftworld that at times they block the stars. And while many of the younger races and Eldar youth see this as a great thing (some even proclaim Iyanden's colours of blue and gold, the same as the Imperial Navy's, to be a sign of divine intervention), older Eldar simply sigh, and mourn the lost purity of their home as yet another casualty of the Tyranids, and they fear what the outsiders might bring in.
>>
>>49538404
SAIM-HANN:
The Craftworld of Saim-Hann are an anomaly in the Imperium's dealings with the Eldar. In the early days of alliance negotiations, the Eldar Seers negotiating with the High Lords insisted almost every Craftworld be given proper due and respect, even prideful ones like Biel-Tan and Iyanden. Almost every Craftworld- save for Saim-Hann. When Imperial authorities tried to find out the reason for this surprising reticence, they found out just why the Seers let them carry out the fact-finding mission in the first place.

The Saim-Hann were wild, more wild than even the humans were used to. In many of their dealings, the Eldar displayed a surprising lack of respect for Isha, calling her 'soft-bodied' and throwing the word 'gentle' like an insult. Negotiations quickly degraded, and would have broken down had not the Saim-Hann Farseer in charge of his side's negotiations noticed one of the humans taking a swig of the drinks the Eldar gave them ("You think us barbarians, mon-keigh?" one of them is reputed to have asked. "Perhaps you are right- but we are not savages."). Unlike the other Imperials present, who only took polite sips with grimaces on their faces, this giant Imperial seemed to actually enjoy his drinks. Seeing the chance for a bit of fun, the Farseer said that he would sign whatever deal the Imperials wanted, if that one man could outdrink the Farseer amd his council.

"Wasn't like I could say no, right?" Leman Russ later remarked. "I managed to outdrink the Steward while he still walked among us, I could outdrink a bunch of prissy Eldar," he would add, endearing him and his Wolves even further to Saim-Hann.

His terms were surprisingly lenient, though it did include a proviso that the Eldar stop by the Fang for a drink once in a while. Even long after Russ's disappearance, Saim-Hann warbands often stop by Fenris, and the halls of the Fang echo with tales of ribaldry and derring-do, all equal in their magnificence and unbelievability.
>>
>>49538404
ULTHWE:
One of the last Craftworlds attempting to escape the Eye of Terror, Ulthwe was instead doomed to forever orbit the afterbirth of Slaanesh, pulled dangerously close to the Eye by gravitational fields. Ever since then, the Eldar of Ulthwe have fought against Chaos, though it is not a fight they face alone. The stalwart warriors of Cadia can often be found back-to-back with Ulthwe Eldar, and their Kasrkin train alongside Aspect Warriors and Exarchs.

Like Biel-Tan, Ulthwe has found itself admiring the humans with whom they shed blood together, even moreso since they've been doing so since the Eye of Terror was formed, before even the alliance. These ties have only grown stronger since; it is said that the average Cadian will know how to strip his gun before they are 10 and learn to swear in Eldar by 15. Despite the facetiousness of that claim, it is true that Cadians are generally adept in both Eldar customs and language at amazingly young ages, with only the highest reaches of both being beyond human grasp as they require subtle psychic signals only Eldar are capable of. Many Ulthwe Eldar even prefer the harsh utilitarianism of Imperial equipment as opposed to the grace of Eldar technology, and it is not uncommon to see Ulthwe Guardians wearing adapted flak armour and fatigues on campaign. In exceptional circumstances, Ulthwe Eldar have even served directly in the Cadian Guard, often to great acclaim- the career of Farseer-Colonel Taldeer of the Cadian 412th (later the 1st Kronus Liberators) is the most well-known example, one that is often compared to the career of Commissar-Colonel Gaunt.

Incidentally, the most Eldar-human couplings on record are those between Ulthwe Eldar and Cadian humans, and while no children have been recorded as resulting from these unions, many such married couples assure those who ask delicately that it is not due to lack of trying.
>>
>>49538464
And that's about it; I hope I didn't miss any major Craftworld. Tried to make them more noble, while keeping some darker themes here and there. It's been a while since I've written anything though, so critique of both my content and style would be much appreciated.
>>
>>49538481
Pretty damn good, however I have one question: Is one of the Farseer-Colonel's partners an assassin?
>>
>>49538712
>>49538712
Shhhhh...

Seriously though, I wanted to leave things a little open. I like LCB myself, but I understand why some others wouldn't. Maybe Taldeer does have an Assassin tailing her, maybe she doesn't. For me, the theme here is that Ulthwe and Cadia are bros. Speaking of which, there's some additional stuff I forgot to add about Cadia-Ulthwe relations, gimme a sec.
>>
>>49538464
>>49538936
One detrimental side effect of the close relations between Cadia and Ulthwe is how Ulthwe holds Cadians as the standards by which all other humans are to be judged.

Unfortunately for all non-Cadians, this basically means that any human who hasn't spent their childhood learning weapons maintenance under the baleful eye of the Great Enemy, Antithesis of All That Exists, will not meet Ulthwe standards. It has become increasingly common for haughty noble-born soldiers to challenge various bewildered Cadian officers to duels after seeing the Eldar advisor who treated him like dirt nod respectfully to a Cadian private.

Both Cadians and the Eldar of Ulthwe know of this, but even among those few Ulthwe who see it as an actual problem, instead of simply how the universe should function, are held back by simple Eldar psychology. The tendency to take a concept and run with it flows deep in the Eldar psyche, and it's often the lot of a long-suffering Cadian middle-ranking officer to smooth things over between his regiment's Eldar advisors, and the generals and/or nobles they annoyed.

That said, not all humans are treated such by the proud Eldar of Ulthwe. Those from fortress worlds are often respected almost as much as Cadians, while military specialists of all ranks, whether they be schola-trained Stromtroopers, Sisters of Battle, Space Marines and Temple Assassins are given as much respect as their deeds merit.
>>
i remember a fan comic of 40k
it was an eldar child writting a letter to the emprah

this comic would fit well into this nobledark time line. like, in the early eldar integration times.

anyone have this comic?
>>
>>49538712
>>49538956
Basically, if you gathered up the stereotypes of the New Craftworlds and put them in a room, this is what you'd get:

The Alaitoc Farseer, upon seeing members of other Craftworlds and Imperial organizations already gathered, would simply walk back out to the shuttle landing area without a word, leaving a Ranger he did not/would not see as Alaitoc's representative. Said representative would have had many names through his long and varied life, one of which is invariably 'Bill'. For reasons unknown even to the Inquisition, every Alaitoc ends up being called 'Bill' sooner or later, even the female ones.

The Iyanden Warlock would sit in his seat and sigh internally while trying to remain as composed as possible. He knew it was necessary that they all meet like this, it's just that... did they all have to be so *foreign*?

The Saim-Hann Autarch, his Space Wolf friend and the bevy of Tau and Felinid maidens (only in terms of age, the Warlock was sure) they picked up somewhere giggling behind them as they started one-upping each other's wild stories again, when they weren't drinking or eating.

Meanwhile, the only other Farseer present is from Ulthwe, but represents both his Craftworld and Cadia. Everyone knows this because the damn harpy wouldn't shut up about it. Behind her, a young major is quietly taking out two bottles of pills. One pill for the migraines and one for the stomach ulcer; he wonders if he should just pur the contents of both into his mouth and get it over with.

And at the end of the table, the Howling Banshee Exarch from Biel-Tan sits, her armour festooned with swords and shuriken pistols. She turns to her Tallarni bodyguard, equally well-armed, to see the same wide-eyed look on his face as they both realize that they're somehow the most level-headed motherfuckers in the damn room.
>>
>>49539291
>represents both his Craftworld and Cadia
I meant both 'her' Craftworld and Cadia, of course.
>>
>>49538936
>>49538712
>>49538464
Hmm. I might run with adapting LCB in this universe, if you'd grant permission.
>>
>>49539351
No prob Bob, it's no more my property than the air itself.
>>
>49539351
Shit, I hope you don't mind, but I literally thought up some backstory while I went to get a bite. Hope you don't mind, and feel free to disregard anything or everything if it doesn't fit.

ON TALDEER:
Farseer Taldeer Ulthuan is a direct, though distant descendant of the famed Eldrad Ulthuan, and like many of her people was trained in the martial arts, both psychic and physical, from a young age. She proved surprisingly capable of working with humans, and after several favourable auguries was allowed to join the Cadian Guard as an Eldar auxilliary with an equivalent rank of major in the Cadian 412th. She quickly found herself in the good graces of their commanding officer, the grizzled General Sturnn, veteran of more than a hundred military campaigns and veteran of a Black Crusade.

She served loyally in the 412th, often serving as a calming voice to oppose or complement the strident remarks of Regimental Commissar Anton Gebbet, until the campaign on Lorn V. Sent to safeguard a Titan, the 412th found itself facing the combined armies of Beast cultists and Orks, all of whom desired the same prize. Not even the 412th's famous dogged determination could have saved them from such enemies united, and it was only through Eldar misdirection and illusions that truce between the Orks and heretics broke.

However, such a deception could only last so long. As they began securing the Titan, the 412th found itself under attack from the remnants of their enemy forces. Even so, they could have easily withstood such a shattered rabble, but in activating the power systems of the Titans, they awoke the very same forces that had brought it down thousands of years ago, and turned Lorn V from a bustling Imperial world to a realm of broken ruins.

(cont.)
>>
>>49539710, meant for >>49539351
The Necron assault was a terrible one, and though the 412th would emerge victorious, it would only be with a tenth of their original number. More importantly, General Sturnn himself would give his life in the final defense. "He died as any guardsman should," Taldeer was heard to say later. "He died standing," she added, a phrase which ended up on the general's monument.
>>
>>49538956
How do the Ulthwe's feel about... Kriegers?
>>
File: 1470482817959.png (361KB, 1555x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1470482817959.png
361KB, 1555x1125px
>>49539241
>>
>>49539717
>HELP I CAN'T STOP WRITING
While Cadia wasn't lacking for recruits, what the 412th needed most were commanders. Spurred on by duty, and upon the recommendations of the regiment's surviving officers both Eldar and Imperial, Taldeer sound found herself wearing the twin mantles of Farseer and Colonel. These ranks would soon be put to the test on Kronus.

Officially, the 412th was there to help train alongside the local Tau and human populations, while the Space Marines accompanying them were there to remove a hitherto-unknown stockpile of ancient bioweapons from the planet's northern regions. As expected, the poor governor of Kronus, an Ethereal named Aun'El Shi'Ores, was quite overwhelmed despite his own considerable talent.

Unofficially, the Guard were there to help combat the Necrons, whose awakening on Kronus a local Inquisitorial cell had detected. Segmentum Command had deemed the 412th fit for such duty as they had faced the Necrons before; that the regiment had been decimated, and its ranks full of fresh troops didn't seem to occur to them.
>>
>>49539844
>WANKER'S CRAMP, WANKER'S CRAMP
Of course, what happened next would only convince them that they were right to do so all along. When the 412th emerged from the Warp next to Kronus, they were met with a barrage of messages from the Inquisitorial outpost in the northern continent- not only had the Necrons awoken ahead of schedule, but both Beast-Cultist and Ork forces had also landed in the south. Forced to land at what would later become Victory Bay, the 412th grimly pressed on once again against near-impossible odds, liberating valuable caches of archaeotech and combining their might with those of the Blood Ravens Legion and the remaining Tau cadres.

The tripartite leadership between Captain Thule of the Blood Ravens, Shas'O Kais (himself well-known as the Hero of Dolumar IV) and Farseer-Colonel Taldeer eventually proved too much even for the ancient Necrons and their savage 'allies', and the world was liberated in short order. Even so, the 412th was left decimated once again, and Taldeer was recalled to Cadia to command a reconstituted 412th. She left the remnants of her old regiment on Kronus, leaving its command to her second-in-command, Major Lukas Alexander.

Today, she leads the 412th against the Severan Dominate, a rebellious subsector close to the ill-famed Calixis Subsector in the galactic northwest. She's somewhat relieved to know she fights alongside many, many more regiments now, though she still can't help but wonder if all she's doing is setting herself up to witness yet another mssacre. Like other Ulthwe, she knows that Cadian Guardsmen and Ulthwe Eldar united are the finest warriors in the Imperium. She also knows that they are not invincible, though.

That her superiors are aware of the former, she's sure. That they're aware of the latter...
>>
>>49539291
Aaaand I just realized I fucked up the tenses going from Saim-Hann to Ulthwe, argharghargh

>>49539722
Ulthwe sees Kriegers as somewhat dignified servitors; while they do approve of the Kriegers' faith in the Emperor and Isha, and a little fatalism is a healthy thing to have, the sheer suicidal fanaticism exhibited by the average Krieger is something they find quite foolish indeed. Instead, they point to how Cadians manage to keep their faith in the face of literally staring into the heart of Chaos, and yet manage to retain a capacity for independent thought, as well as strategic and tactical innovation.

Meanwhile, the colonel next to the Eldar saying this is trying to get the Farseer to shut up as politely as possible, since he's the poor sod who'll actually have to talk to the Kriegers afterwards.
>>
>>49539928
Now, to make your suggestion for the Kriegers even better, have them be the way they are for the same reason as canon. As in, they aren't suicidally fanactical for the hell of it, but they're that way to pay penance, and that all Kriegers fight with their ancestors guilt. They fight so suicidally, without placing any value on their lives because they feel they don't deserve it. The Kriegers are like that one cap about the Krieger medic, and it's up to their own Eldar tactician and Farseer to explain that to the hoity-toities.
>>
File: 1463679161420.jpg (151KB, 900x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1463679161420.jpg
151KB, 900x1047px
>>49540236
Would Creed be considered by the Ulthwe Eldar to be an Autarch?
>>
File: 1474827902769.jpg (190KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1474827902769.jpg
190KB, 623x414px
>>49540999
I don't know, maybe? Honestly, at this point, I kinda want writebro to write a story about a regiment of Kriegers being deployed to Cadia because their Eldar had to deal with something with the Ulthwe Eldar, and so the Kriegers were deployed as well to help bolster the defenses.
>Ulthwe farseer's face when she see an average Krieger beat five cultists to death with his own severed arm, before detonating a melta-charge to take out a CSM with him, all without a sound from the Krieger
>>
File: click3.png (2MB, 807x4925px) Image search: [Google]
click3.png
2MB, 807x4925px
>>49539241
Found it.
>>
>>49539868
>>49539844
>>49539710
Okay. I can work with this. Just need to think. Work has dimmed the mind a tad.
>>
bamp
>>
Would assassins be any different in this universe? Aside from cribbing notes and equipment from Eldar, I assume.
>>
>>49544482
Depends- I'd think that Callidus and Eversors might still be all human, since those require precise kinds of gene treatments and chemicals that might not react well or be possible with alien physiologies. Vindicares might be multi-racial though, since IIRC that just requires a lot of physical and mental training.
>>
>>49544802
Oh, and Culexus Assassins might be wholly human as well- the only other mentions of non-human blanks I can recall come from Dark Heresy, and those aliens are a race of sentient, brain-eating worm colonies.
>>
>>49536571
Maybe a more tolerant Imperial-Eldar coalition would have more contact (friendly or otherwise) with lots of other unknown xenos factions and shift the focus of the setting to epic scales and the understanding of the War of Heaven and the aftermath, along with trying to deal with crazy shenanigans like time or reality destabalization, necrons becoming a much more primary target, old ones or their successor races and creations popping up, and super powerful galactic relics ending up everywhere.

I'd rather see the scale of the entire setting expand too, with access to more webway gates and other dimensions that are not the warp (which could still be a kind of powerful anomaly with subtler influence on reality like a smaller Eye of Terror or a ticking mind fuck apocalypse). A pan-galactic war fighting over entire clusters of galaxies would seem cool to me. But I am a sucker for Lensman.
>>
>>49544482
The Assassinorium would get preferred to by the lay man as the Royal Assassins.

Maybe human Khine adherents.
>>
>>49488764
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>49545563
>heresy
>>
>>49545584
No like seriously what the fuck is this? I have no idea what I'm looking at here.
>>
>>49545676
The pic is possibly a depiction of the marriage between Isha and Emperor.
>>
>>49535168
>Magnus the Red - child of a high end psychic mother and a Navigator father. No augmentations. Court of Ursh.
Maybe Isha actually appeared in person to help with the birth for Magnus? 'Why?' I hear you ask, because in the words of the father himself:
>"It's all gone wrong!"
>>
>>49546069
At that point Isha was still in Nurgel's Mansion.

Although given the nature of the warp it could have been herbreaching back in time to help.
>>
>>49545120
The Eldar don't have intergalactic portals though; as i recall even at the height of their empire they were still 'just' a galactic power.

That said, your other ideas are excellent ones, though they might shift the tone of things too closely to Brighthammer. Things are still dark for the Imperium, make no mistake, but this time it has a fighting chance to drive it back.
>>
>>49546443
>Things are still dark for the Imperium

This. Shit is Nobledark.

The Imperium has it's most ancient allies, the elder. It has other allies like the Demiurge and the Tau (and associated vassal peoples) and the Thraxian Trade Elite and the Church of Dracolith and the World-Weave of the Reek and the Tarellian Dog-Soldiers among others.

But shit is getting real.

The orks keep uniting under super warbosses that invariably take up the mantle of The Beast.

The Chaos Eldar start raising demonic armies and hiring insanely vast mercenary armies of Dark Eldar with the promise of prisoners and spoils of war and tearing out of the Eye of Terror in Black Crusades.

The Tyranids turned up thousands of years earlier than they should have. It's not that the Imperium is fighting Hive Fleets with the possibility that they might be only vanguard forces of The Great Devourer. It fought off the Hive Fleet vanguards. The Great Devourer is just now arriving.

The Necrons woke up early and are getting their Rebuilt the Empire groove on, bar the extreme minority freaks that opted to joining the Imperium and troll the elder.

Everyone is working together because, at least at the start, it's pretty obvious that they don't have a choice. Over time that necessity might bloom into friendship but a lot of the time it's just a state of bare minimum tolerance.
>>
>>49541082
>eldar's face and reaction when seeing such action
>"By the Corpse God!"

Well then, I guess with humanity and eldar being all buddies and what not thanks to the marriage of E-Money and Isha. Maybe it would be at this point humans and eldar will be referring to each other's words, doctrines, and even cultural quirks.

>Human: "By Isha's sugar coated tear ducts! What is this tom-foolery???"
>Eldar: "By the Corpse God's calloused knuckles! What ridiculousness is THIS suppose to be!?"

>an human and or eldar: "By Isha's tits and the emperor's cock! What the fuck is that suppose to be!?"
>>
>>49546716
>Corpse God
Emperor isn't this time round.

He set up the High Lords to run the day to day affairs of the Imperium and cruises round the Imperium inspecting and making sure that everything is ticking over just fine and goes on state visits to allied states.

He visits Old Earth every few hundred years or so. His journey seems to follow little to no pattern to keep everyone on their feet.
>>
>>49546571
i suppose that nurgle forces are in overdrive after isha being "kidnapped from the grand embrace of nurgle"

i imagine some not-quite-a-black-crusade-but-getting-there invasions are on the horizon if not already happening
>>
Are the demiurges behind the High Lords?
>happyxenos.jpg
>>
>>49546945
Because of the Steward's actions Chaos as a whole is out to fuck up the Imperium. Especially Grandfather Nurgle.

Isha was Nurgle's cage-bride. Slaanesh wanted her for herself and now the chances of that are non-existent. Khornes sees her theft as an insult to all the gods and that makes him angry. Tzneetch was using her to stir up animosity between the other three and is now annoyed that one of his favourite shit stirring tools is gone.

There have still been 13 Black Crusades. The usual pattern to them is the Crone Worlders getting as many of the warring warbands pointed in the right direction as possible, a shit load of deamons summoned and bound to bulk out the ranks, the orks contacted and informed that they are invited to a big fight and will be supplied with weapons for the job and the Dark City contacted and told that there are pickings to be had from a distracted Imperium.

Not always. Sometimes it's a human that starts the celebrations. Once it was one of the rare chaos orks. Twice it was a deamon host that was stuck in reality and just wanted to kill as many people as possible to relieve the frustration. One was even started by the Dark Eldar, although that was more of a publicity stunt in Vect's rise to power, he had no particular ill will towards the Imperium beyond what Dark Eldar have towards everybody everywhere all the time.
>>
File: cf8.png (618KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
cf8.png
618KB, 600x461px
>>49547072
Yes according to Ulfrik the Slayer
>>
File: 1396041331623.png (28KB, 490x585px) Image search: [Google]
1396041331623.png
28KB, 490x585px
>>49547072
I think we know who is behind the Rogue Trader banking conspiracy.
>>
So, can I get a quick summary? Isha and the Emperor merge or something, humanity and eldar do the same, no Horus Heresy, Tau and demiurge and a bunch of literally whos join up as well? And Orks, chaos eldar, nids and necrons are opposing them?
>>
>>49548149
Isha and Emperor marry.
Horus Heresy replaced by the first War of the Beast
Eldar joined the fledgling Imperium with varying degrees of integration.
Tau and demiurge and literally whos join at a latter date

Orks, Chaos, Chaos Eldar, Dark Eldar, 'Nids, most of the Necrons and presumably other minor literally whos are opposing them.
>>
>>49535489
Where would you prefer he be from?

>>49535367
http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/

It was an easy joke
>>
>>49548149
A high priestess of Isha and the Steward-turned-Emperor get married to both push an alliance between Humans and Eldar, as well as symbolically making it official and permanent. However, this happened in the beginning of the Imperium so they're more accepting of xenos, as long as they either join the Imperium or piss off. If the xenos start wiarring, the good old Imperium of canon side shows up, and they're eliminated. Orkz, Chaos, DEldar, the vast majority (as in, one or two groups) of Necrons, and Tyranids are all trying to kill the Imperium and their xenos allies, who are actually the good guys, instead of just being the lesser evils. However, this setting is firmly nobledark.
>>
>>49548362
Shit
>*(as in, all but one or two groups)
>>
>>49547128
> One was even started by the Dark Eldar, although that was more of a publicity stunt in Vect's rise to power, he had no particular ill will towards the Imperium beyond what Dark Eldar have towards everybody everywhere all the time.

I'm imagining Vect selling DVDs in the Dark City

Vect and the 8th Black Crusade
The making of the 8th Black Crusade
Black Crusade: directors cut
Black Crusade Blooper Reel
>>
>>49549749
id buy it
>>
>>49550674
8th Black Crusade: Raw and X-Rated.
>>
>>49488764
40k would be fucking autistic if it wasn't grimdark
>>
>>49551190
So no worse than it is then.
>>
>>49546716
>VECT'S DICK WHAT IS HAPPENING.PNG
>>
Okay.
>>
File: hades and persephone.png (142KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
hades and persephone.png
142KB, 500x425px
Where is the Laughing God and his Harlequins in all of this?

Given that the pieces of Khine start to wake up when eldar near him think of war too much or sufficient sacrifice is made what does he think of Space Marines now that they are allies? Space Marines are the nearest to a Human Exarch you can get. Does he approve?

If we are going with
>>49535168
And Primarch was a rank rather than a creature then Sanguinius wasn't born with wings. The wings he is always depicted with could have been a gift from the eldar.

Khine is the bloody handed god. This time round maybe the Blood Angels didn't get fucked up by Khorne. Maybe they got too close to the aspect warriors. Sanguinius could have been a massive Eldaraboo, hence the wings, and Khine kind of leaked into his mind and the minds of his Legion due to proximity and psychologically becoming just similar enough to the eldar to pick it up. Blood Angels jump pack assault marines now have eldar Swooping Hawk wings. they are Legion/Chapter with very close ties to the eldar.

Also pic related is Emperor and Isha.
>>
>>49548198
>>49548362
In this beautiful multicultural Imperium do they suffer the same problems Europe suffers today?

>Where tha eldar womyn at- Says the Tallarn raider
>>
File: 1452398427791.png (140KB, 1077x964px) Image search: [Google]
1452398427791.png
140KB, 1077x964px
>>49553817
No, because this is a healthy relationship between equals based on respect/tollerance for differences rather than a forced acceptance and aggressive attempt to homogenize.

Also there is no Angela Merkel demanding we surrender worlds to the orks out of some misguided sense of pity and self loathing.
>>
Can a normal human visit a craftworld or an Eldar go to the human equivalent?
>>
File: eldar sororitas.jpg (245KB, 809x592px) Image search: [Google]
eldar sororitas.jpg
245KB, 809x592px
>>49554096
Iyanden is the biggest trade hub and navy yard on the Eastern fringe, Ulthwe is balls deep in the Cadian Imperial Army, Saim-Hann won't espect anyone who can't keep up with their way of life, and it took Russ to convince them that the Imperium could, Alaitoc will tell you to get fucked. I varies.

Most human worlds allow some measure of xeno movement. Most. Old Earth and Mars are the big exceptions in that it's strictly a No Xenos without invitation.
>>
File: sororitas eldar.jpg (75KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sororitas eldar.jpg
75KB, 700x1000px
>>
>>49554181
You better include Krieg on that list of no xenos allowed. To be honest, I love the Kriegers, and I kinda want to keep them as close to canon as possible in Nobledark. So, the Kriegers would have a very Old Imperium attitude about xenos of all kinds, but since the Emperor said that the xenos are on the No-Kill list, they give the xenos the very minimum professional courtesy required when working with them, but they are strictly banned on Krieg, like to the point of kill-on-sight if they're nobody important, and if they are, gentle beatings and the threatening of lives should they ever come back.
>>
>>49553967
This guy gets it!
>>
>>49554587
Good point.

No xenos on Krieg. Also the Adepta Sororitas should remain pure.
>>
>>49548130
>The loyalists know! Shut it down!!!
>>
>>49554643
Wait, is the God Emperor still a God Emperor?
>>
>>49555595
No, he's an exceptional human being, but we haven't decided his origins yet. All we've agreed on so far was that he united Terra and the Sol System as 'The Warlord', built the Golden Throne and watched over it as 'The Steward' while leading the Imperium and waiting for the right man to become Emperor, and reluctantly took the title as Emperor after a revolt took place after Goge Vandire took the throne and went crazy from the responsibility. Whether he's basically the same Emperor as canon, only as wise as a 50,000 year old being should be, or some other dude, we haven't decided yet. Personally, I kinda want to go with same origin story as canon Emperor, but I'm not particularly picky long as the Krieg are as untouched as possible.
>>
>>49555919
So, is there still an imperial cult with Sororitas included?
>>
>>49555942
Yey, but they don't really view him as a god because
A) He's still around to tell them to knock that shit off
B)He doesn't really act like a god in the first place
So really, the Ecclesiarchy's job is to look out for Chaos, and they have their SoBs and a not all-powerful above everyone and -thing Inquisition to help. The Assasinoram remple is still around still mostly human as well.
>>
So, remaking Warhammer 40k in to a more classic 70s/80s military science fiction space opera?
>>
>>49551514
>dot PNG

Does this image of "by Vect's dick, what's happening!?" have line drawings, text, and iconic graphics?
>>
>>49549749
>>49550674
>>49551023
Now I'm having images of Vect camcording inside theaters and selling his camcorded products in a ridiculous price.

Or hell, for pure trolling purposes and for the lulz, Vect would star himself in an silly and over the top anti-piracy-camcording ad that would feature him saying to a couple buying the pirated DVDs:

>"Only ten bucks." Vect does a silly smile with it.
>and then various edgy and silly images and footage that's meant to show how pirating movies is bad only turns out to be just plain silly
>>
File: 2016-04-18.jpg (488KB, 650x869px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-18.jpg
488KB, 650x869px
He allows veneration of himself rather than worship.

He never went Full Fedora this time around so there was never a big drive to wipe out all religion. Presumably Old Earth faiths are still around as well as off-world faiths. Only religious that were ended were the blatant Chaos Cults and the ones that couldn't adapt to civilian.

He did demand that no religious institution be allowed it's own armed forces.
>>
>>49554181
Hope someone can make a short silly story about that pic regarding this Nobledark Warhammer.
>>
>>49557404
To an extent.

Any excuse to bring back the tin foil mini skirt
>>
Officio Assassinorum- the MI6 to the Inquisition's MI5, the CIA to their FBI, the external affairs to their internal affairs? Or a barely tolerated organization of with a notorious history of attempting to seize power, torn between unflinching power hungry sociopaths and genuinely loyal agents of the Imperium? Or maybe in this nobledark universe they were a mere historical footnote in the Unification Wars, and were never brought into a position of power, so that vindicares, eversors, callidus and culexus parallels were developed by other organizations more suitable instead of roped together in "Murder Incorporated"?
>>
>>49559401
The Ministry of Ungentlemenly Warfare
The Men of last Resort.
>>
>>49559475
> The Ministry of Ungentlemenly Warfare

I've just realised that if you go with this you have to have Grand Master Lee
>>
>>49559175
>>49556363
>>49555595
So what religions would be prominent within the Imperium?

The elder are still dedicated to their gods and more likely consider Emperor to be some sort of heroic badass like Eldernesh rather than a part of their pantheon proper.

Mechanicus would, if taken as a whole, be considered the most populous religion. But it's basically a distinct branch per Forgeworld and sometimes more divided than that. Mars is their holy world and every sect boasts a permanent presence there.

Ulfrik the Slayer is Viking Space Pope of a small but flourishing Nordic belief system.

It's up in the air if the Greater Good is a religion or an ideology or both. Same with the Prometheans.

I would like to thing that Olanius Pius is considered a soldier saint of the Katholian Church.
>>
File: Lofn.jpg (28KB, 238x485px) Image search: [Google]
Lofn.jpg
28KB, 238x485px
>>49559401
We have to have Vindicares. If we don then there won't be a Lofn. And that that would be terrible.
>>
>>49537461
"Granicus, please check my blood pressure. I feel extremely uncomfortable."

Dr Kearne sighed as he began the laborious process of taking Jonas Straken's vital signatures. He had asked for it twice in a row, and despite showing perfectly fine readings, was convinced that he was sick. Some amount of nausea was to be expected. They were being moved in a high priority shuttle, and prolonged suborbital spaceflight was not recommended to patients that were discharged recently.

Granicus went through the motions, taking care not to jab the needles into vital arteries or organs. It wouldn't do for the ambassador to die on the shuttle to his new posting.

After an hour, he bent up and stared at the grimacing face of Jonas Straken. The man was panting and breathing heavily, but that was to be expected in such extreme conditions.

"well, what is it?"

"You are doing fine Straken. If we keep doing this, I might just end up killing you by accident."

It was hard to tell if Straken was dissapointed or relieved at Dr Kearne's medical deductions. The conversation might have turned awkward when there was a sinking feeling in the gut of both their stomachs. The shuttle was descending.

Granicus ran and buckled himself to the seat. A mistake and he would become paste. Jonas was breathing heavily as their altitude lessened, and when the ship came to a stop, Granicus could hear the man's breathing over the ship's dull engine roar.

Their debriefing was simple. There was a small crowd of dignitaries and Vicus Van Hal thanked Jonas Straken for his service and formally relieved him of his position in the imperial guard. For the next few seconds, Jonas Straken was a civilian.

Next came the administratum scribe who began writing notes in short hand. A Sister from the Order of our Lady's Shroud was there to witness Jonas Straken take his oath as Ambassador of the Imperium of Mankind. He was given a ceremonial sword, and an ornate bolt pistol the symbols of his office.
>>
File: sam-niell.jpg (64KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
sam-niell.jpg
64KB, 620x400px
>>49561824
I'm slappin F5 like I don't need eyes to see
>>
>>49561824
"...and hereby, in light of services done to the imperium of mankind and under the holy gaze of our most beneficent emperor, I General Vicus Van Hal now honorably discharge Colonel Jonas Straken of the erstwhile 37th Meridian Infantry from his service in the Imperial Guard. His duty to his emperor is fulfilled." The General finished his long monologue with a salute.

Jonas took a deep breath. And saluted. This was it. His last salute as a member of the Imperial guard. His arm was surprisingly fluid and he didn't fumble it. He had saluted enough times in his military career and one more didn't matter. Just like that, Jonas Straken was a free man of the imperium. He wondered what the men under his command would say if they saw him now.

The Sister was next. She was adorned with the robes of her order, a pale white shroud covering a dark, feminine face. She held a copy of the lectito divinitatus and waved it in his face. Her voice was monotonous as she did her rites.

"Are you Jonas Straken, formerly of the 37th Meridian Infantry Regiment and now a free human, bonded to no imperial creed?"

"I am."

"Do you accept the honor and the duty bestowed to you by the God Emperor of mankind?"

"I do."

"Then swear it by the Lectito Divinitatus."

Jonas smiled a little. He was exchanging a fetter made of plasteel for a fetter made of gold.

"I, Jonas Straken, solemnly swear to do my duty to the Emperor and accept the commision laid upon me by him through his representatives. I take the post of Ambassador of the Imperium to the Eldar allies. I shall do my duty to the best of my abilities until the god emperor needs me somewhere else or until the day I die."

He surprised even himself with his spontaneous elequoence. Maybe he could be a good diplomat after all.

"Kneel then, and accept the badge of your office." He knelt at once. Despite the solemnity of this moment, Jonas though that this could be so much faster.
>>
>>49562440

"Here are the symbols of your office, given to you by the best and brightest from among your home of Meridia. May you bear them righteously."

Truth be told, Jonas was void born, but it was so much like hive nobs to claim the plebian underclasses as their own when there was glory to be won.

The symbols of his offices were an ornate bolt pistol. As ancient as it was impractical. If Jonas had to wear the damn thing on his hip, Granicus would have to deal with backaches sooner or later. On the other hand, it made an excellent paperweight.

The sword was another matter entirely. A finely crafted weapon, even for a person like Straken who would likely use it as a club, it was elegant and beautifully balanced. Jonas tested it out by swiping at the air, and was surprised at how naturally it moved. It was an extension of his arm.

"Do you like it?" Schelgen was rather grubby, even in his state finery.

"Yes. Rather impractial though. I would much prefer a lascarbine in combat." Schelgen didn't talk to him after that comment.

Everyone else stopped talking as they saw a spectacle that many civilians had never seen in their lives.

A golden halo appeared in front of the crowd. The more religious minded fell to their knees, the sister among them. The corona began to solidify and as it changed colors, a portal appeared. The path beyond it changed colors rapidly, dazzling straken's eyes. He might not be a soldier anymore, but instinct and training had taught him what was going to happen next. Almost unconsciously, he cocked the empty bolt pistol.

Three figures stepped forth from the portal. Tall and elegant they were, and clad in robes made from material that was beyond the dreams of the most decadent of noble imperials. They towered over the imperial delegation in both height and presence. The most stiff of imperial dignitaries looked like apes in comparison.
>>
With the Warlord/Steward/Emperor being less of a control freak in this iteration I can't see the structure of the Imperium remaining the same.

Imperium this time round could be less Soviet Roman Empire in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!! and more Holy Roman Empire in space.

During the conquests of Old Earth the nation-states were to The Warlord divided in to two camps. Those who would be diplomatically welcomed in and those who would be conquered and whose land would be carved up and given to more worthy people.

A few were anomalous. Gredbritton was on the stomp flat list but the Unspeakable Tyrant suffered an unfortunate case of arsenic in his tea before it became an issue and the council that replaced him was less awful.

Yndonesic Bloc got a all rebellious just as The Warlord was arriving and Bishop Kor Phaeron was a much better ruler than Cardinal Tang.

Hy Brasil was in the diplomacy list but steadfastly refused to join and being self-sufficient having no other nation to trade with in the end made no difference to them. By M41 they still haven't joined, more out of stubborn tradition and tourism reasons now.

Diplomatic Inclusion into the Imperium for these nations meant very little changed. For the most part they were allowed to self rule without interference (unless they did something really stupid) and the only obligations were free trade across borders and mutual protection.

Conquered Nations, once they were rebuilt and less awful rulers installed, were given the exact same treatment.

The pattern of Diplomacy/Conquest was carried on into space.

The Imperium is, at heart, a free trade zone and protection deal. The only harshness in the system is that once in you are not ever allowed to leave, hence the current war with The Severan Dominate.

The Arbiters doesn't care what your local laws are for the most part. It cares about stability. If your laws incite riots and rebellion then they step in and get the laws changed because the Imperium needs stability.
>>
>>49562960
This was carried over to the inclusion of the Xeno-realms.

Whole lesser empires could join the Imperium so long as they didn't start a war with anybody already in the Imperium.

Of course they could still start wars with worlds outside the Imperium but that's their business and not that of the greater Imperium. Unprovoked attacks on member states, even if it's just against one distinct member state, brings down the full force of the Imperial Army.

The Imperium has no concept of overkill or proportional response. Declarations of war against one member state, no matter how insignificant, is an insult to The Empty Throne of Earth/Emperor and Isha and that will not stand. The Imperium has conquered much territory by foolish little despots trying to annex some backwater star system only to find a boot that blots out the stars coming down upon them. then they have their shit conquered and handed over to the Administratium for reassignment.

The Imperium doesn't care. Right up till it does care. Then it's awful.
>>
>>49562960
So, would the Arbites be like Judges, ala Dredd? They don't really care about customs or local laws so long as the peace is kept, but if the locals can't handle it, they come in and enforce THE LAW, and usually with extreme prejudice?
>>
anyone reading what I am writing?
>>
>>49563115
yes
>>
File: 1474814580205.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1474814580205.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>49563115
>>
>>49563032
Yes.

They may be petitioned to help train the local law enforcers by a duly appointed representative of the local judiciary system, they can have their assistance humbly requested if shit get real and sometimes they turn up on raids or patrol thing for seemingly no reason other than because they have decided to.

There is a minimum of 1 Arbiter per substantially and sustainably inhabeted planet or planet like structure across the Imperium. If nothing else but to observe and report.

In the case of boring as fuck agri-worlds, simple but not stupid, loyal but not fanatical, it's usually an old officer and this is his pension.

In the case of xeno-worlds, and the craftworlds, additional training is given and it's more of a lawyer specializing in the more obscure precedents of xeno-human Imperial interactions.

Forgeworlds are the only worlds that to refuse their appointment and most do refuse. They were cunts about it back in the Founding Days and their refusal since has won them no friends. They give zero fuck because they know full well the Imperium needs them.

It's only worlds where they tend to get deployed in big numbers is Hiveworlds. A civilized world might have a fair few squads of them. Few hundred per continent at most. Necromunda, Armageddon and Old Earth have them by the thousand per hive.
>>
>>49563115
With great enjoyment. MOAR plz.
>>
>>49562959

Straken exhaled slowly. No. These were not the enemy. Not anymore. What was done was done. It was his duty to shake the hands that were daubed with the blood of his men.

Most of the delegation were staring at the eldar with their mouths slightly agape. Straken suspected that they had only known about the xenos from the imperial guardsman's primer. The eldar always were the center of attraction, friendly or hostile, wherever they were present.

Two males. A female. It was hard to tell the difference until you looked for cues that you were trained to. Straken had a lot of training and experience with the elusive xenos. There was more to the female than that.

He couldn't shake the idea that he had seen her somewhere before. Maybe his xeno differentiating skills were not all that good. Some ambassador he was going to be.

The tallest of the lot, dressed in a fashion that was impeccable but simple spoke. "Greetings, Imperial allies. My name is Prince Ithandriel. We have been waiting for this day for a long time. I am to be the Eldar ambassador to this system. I trust you have chosen your representative well."

The imperial crowd was silent. Too stunned for words. This was getting embarassing, for all the assembled people and by extension all of humanity.

"Time will tell, Ambassador-Prince. I am Jonas Straken. I will be your counterpart. On behalf of my fellow humans, I bid you welcome to the Meridian system."

The eldar stared at him for a moment. Three pairs of eyes boring into him. He couldn't dare to look away from the ambassador. Not now. A few tendrils of foreign thought tried to enter his mind. He began to hum the regimental tune under his breath. If the eldar tried to invade his mind, they would pay.

Prince Ithandriel smiled, and it was like watching the sun rise from beyond the hills.

"Well spoken, Ambassador Straken. I think I shall change my title to Prince-Ambassador now. Shall we introduce each other to our associates then?"
>>
File: 1454873821532.jpg (20KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
1454873821532.jpg
20KB, 493x387px
is there a digest form of this setting?
I'm mildly interested
>>
>>49488764
>With a more reasonable Emperor would it be okay to have him not go Full Fedora?
>more reasonable
>more religious institutions that the chaos gods can infiltrate
>>
>>49563448
The rest of the morning passed by as more illustrious guests were introduced to the eldar. Everyone of importance, from adminstratum seniors, to Canonesses and Sister superiors to Archmagos wanted to meet the new prince ambassador of the eldar. Thankfully, they left Straken alone for the most part. A few of them took picts with him, but most of them were busy bothering the eldar.

Abruptly, he found himself next to Dr Kearne. The man was standing in a corner looking at the crowd with a mixture of fear and awe. Jonas waved to him and the man came over.

"Do you want another check up Ambassador?"

"Very funny Granicus. How are you holding up?"

"I don't know. I am a guard surgeon. I have never seen nobles or Them up close."

"Well, how do you like it so far? The eldar I mean."

"I- I thought they would be taller."

"yeah, I take it you aren't a believer in the Uplifting primer?"

"Not very much. No."

"If I was in the guard, you would be liable to be shot, you know."

Granicus, turned pale at that. Straken had to laugh.

"Of course, I am an ambassador now, so I can be diplomatic and keep my mouth shut. So what are you going to do?" Granicus' relief was palpable.

"Go back to my triage center that they call a medical center I suppose. Another half century of laboring and maybe I can retire to some quiet farm and buy some cows and a fat wife and make babies."

"I see." The man was certainly better deserving of that.

"Ambassador Straken, am I interrupting you?" The voice would have been in place in any choir in the imperium. The diction was perfect, and the lilting voice was a pleasure to listen to.

"Please interrupt. Dr Kearne was just telling me about his marital plans."

It was the eldar woman. Up close she was even more beautiful than afar. There was something alien about her long, heart shaped face. Every aspect of her was perfectly symmetrical as though she was a living sculpture. Again, he was reminded of just how alien the eldar were.
>>
>>49563753
Militant atheism didn't exactly turn out well.

This time round they went more the Interex way. A basic understanding of the threat + something else to hold to that isn't going to eat them.
>>
>>49564074

"I am Yvresse of the Dancing Death. I shall be your translator."

"Dancing death is a strange name for an order of translators. Are you sure you are JUST a translator?"

Her face turned a delicate shade of pink as she replied, " I shall be your bodyguard as well. You have my word of honor that I shall defend your life with my own."

"Yes, yes. Just remember, it will be easier to protect me if you are alive. No need to die heroically if you make sure I am in one piece."

She laughed at that, a wonderful enchanting sound. The crowd looked over in their direction for a moment before returning to bother the Prince Ambassador.

"I must tell you, Ambassador Straken. You are only allowed a few people for your diplomatic functions or to look after you. We might be allies, but our people need time to bridge the gulf between us."

Straken smiled at that. He had just the right person in mind.

"Very well. Dr Kearne, are you planning on getting that farm and wife right now?"

"N-no ambassador."

"Congratulations, you are now part of the imperial diplomatic corps."

The man's expression changed from puzzlement to elation. It was a heartwarming sight. Another person to talk to in an alien world would be a good change.

The rest of the day went by quickly. The third eldar, a tall blond creature that stared at him with a mixture of pity and sadness wasn't very talkative. Straken had put him out of his mind.

As the Prince Ambassador walked with the entourage, the only people left were the four of them. The portal began to open again when the quiet eldar spoke.

"Ambassador Straken, my name is Athalen, I am an autarch of Craftworld Ava Nile. You may remember by lovely associate here from the maiden world of Auberogen Secundus."
>>
>>49564414

Straken's eyes widened at the name. It was to be their proving ground. It had turned into their tomb. The xeno watched his face for a moment before continuing.

"You were wounded and carried out near the end of our conflict. You are aware that your men were not so fortunate. The Imperium disbanded the regiment after the failed invasion, I believe."

"Yes, yes they did. I suppose I am the last remaining momento of the men I led and the regiment I commanded." His voice had become far less firm while he said that. Then it hit him. All those men, their hopes and dreams, their names and their families. Lost forever. Humans know that they aren't immortal. They strive to do everything to leave a legacy behind. To the countless souls of the imperium, the guardsman is one of the ways to be remembered for deeds. His men were denied even that.

"There is also this."
The eldar had between his robes a tattered golden banner. It was frayed at the edges and parts of it were burned but with a leaping heart, Jonas recognized what was written on it. He didn't need to read it to know that it said. "Onward comrades, to the bitter end."

The portal had opened up by then, and a half dozen eldar walked out of it. They wore similar robes and had the air of important personages. Straken's eyes were on the standard, his fingers lovingly caressing each frayed line and burned out fragment.

"We had planned on giving it to the governor of Meridia, but he informed us that the regiment was best left forgotten. So we did the next best thing. It is only fitting that you keep the momento of the men you led. As long as this banner survives, your men have not died in vain.

Ambassador Jonas Straken, on behalf of craftworld Ava Nile, I welcome you to our home. May you have a long an pleasant stay in our humble home"
>>
and done.

took me long enough.

Might continue this story if there are more nobledark threads.
>>
File: 1474921931936.jpg (124KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1474921931936.jpg
124KB, 623x414px
>>49564705
>>
>>49564685
>All those men, their hopes and dreams, their names and their families
>the guardsman is one of the ways to be remembered for deeds

what in the actual fuck?
500 billion poor fucks, the epitome of expendable, conscripted for life, shipped from warzone to warzone, watching countless of men and women, many of them your friends, die horribly up to the point where you stop making friends so it doesn't hurt as much when you see them getting blown up, and the only pleasant thought in your head is the fact that one day you'll inevitably be the one getting blown up/torn apart/raped to death and it will at long last end.

What hopes and dreams? What fucking legacy?
>>
File: 1474312560681.png (79KB, 606x279px) Image search: [Google]
1474312560681.png
79KB, 606x279px
>>49565010
>>
>>49565010
>>49565010
>dude fatalistic guardsmen Lmao
>>
>>49565098
>>49565101
100% objective truth and nothing but truth
>>
>>49565214
what?
>>
Some feedback would be nice guys.
>>
>>49565347
You did an excellent job writing and characterizing, however I feel you didn't really characterize Janus as the scarred veteran revisiting the place where he lost his entire regiment. Other than that, good job
>>
>>49565534
hey, its a WIP.
>>
File: 1474849324140.jpg (139KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1474849324140.jpg
139KB, 623x414px
>>49565550
>hey, it's a WIP
As in, you're going to continue it?
>>
>>49565639
yes, if the thread continues.
I changed my mind halfway through, because exploring a craftworld from a guardsman's perspective would be pretty cool.
>>
File: elf eldar.jpg (724KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
elf eldar.jpg
724KB, 1366x768px
>>49565713
Plz keep going.
Plz someone maek new thread!
>>
>>49565816
NO
>>
File: 1475122486839.jpg (170KB, 846x571px) Image search: [Google]
1475122486839.jpg
170KB, 846x571px
>>49566844
YES
>>
>>49567154
Make it yourself then.
>>
>>49567191
Probably should, writebro said that he had more content. We got the setting and the Imperium established for the most part, but now we need origins of the Emperor, the Marriage and how it came to be, what the Imperium's goals actually are, as well as their beliefs, all their allies, and what all the factions within the Imperium are. Basically, we got the setting, now we need the people.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.