[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 22

File: tundra.jpg (27KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
tundra.jpg
27KB, 226x311px
FNM edition

Do you have Legacy FNM? What are you playing tonight? If you don't have Legacy FNM, u jelly?
>>
RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/
>>
Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Sea Stompy
>Spanish Inquisition
>Shitty Wannabe Defunct Sneak n ShowMonoblue Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
How do you feel about this meme brew?

not meant to be competitive just for dicking around, wincon is Nahiri's wrath + repercussion
>>
>>49481448
forgot link: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meme-legacy-1/
>>
>>49481461
what the fuck is the point of the creatures in the deck? you can't cast them or do shit with them so literally why?
>>
>>49481338
I have a store ~40 minutes from my house that advertises legacy fnm, but the last few times I've gone it hasn't fired, so eventually I just gave up. I work tonight anyway, but I'm definitely jealous of people that get to play on a regular basis.
>>
>>49481690
Those are the highest cmc cards I know of, the point is to toss them to Nahiri's wrath and do enough damage to kill your opponent in one go,
>>
>>49481985
seriously?
i had figured that, its just i thought you would do something else with them as well, i mean with the way it is set up, you could easily cull half of those and replace them with things to protect the maymay combo with it still being able to go off.
>>
>>49482023
Well this is what I came up with in like 15 minutes, I figured having to tutor for 2 4-ofs was bad enough already.

I could probably add in some free counters, at the least in the sideboard, should also probably have something for creatureless decks like akroan horse
>>
>>49481448
I would probably run a RG list with mana dorks like Deathrite Shaman and run Boros Reckoner as my kill condition. Your list counts on your opponent actually running creatures.
>>
>>49481461
I don't know why you don't try to make this a R/W skred deck but with the other win con as well. Heck, even sticking in some blue for can trips and show and tell would be cool
>>
Anyone in the UK wanna buy a Miracles mainboard? Fuck Magic man.
>>
So. Is legacy any good or is it overpriced garbage like every other format?
>>
>>49482983
I'm pretty new to the game so I didn't know skred was a deck or that boros reckoner existed actually. I'm going to revamp the deck now with advice and checking out other list but I still want to keep the core idea of using Nahiri's wrath as one of my wincons
>>
>>49483211
Decks cost $2,000+ and the format rarely ever changes and has hard to find playgroups.
>>
>>49483211
The format is fun and intensive. A lot of the decks are pricey but not all. Most people are fine if you play proxies but of course that doesn't fly in sanctioned tournaments. It's pretty hard to find playgroups buy you could always play on xmage or cockatrice
>>
>>49483235
I like the nahiri's wrath idea too, but it wouldn't hurt slamming in some sneak and shows just in case. A forbidden orchard would be good idea to for making sure your opponent has creatures
>>
>>49483158

but why anon. tell me where the nefarious lich touched you.
>>
>>49481364
>>Shitty Wannabe Defunct Sneak n ShowMonoblue Omnitell
whoa hey now let's not get all cuh-razy here. one of our locals was an omni-tell player until his backpack got stolen. decks still good and has valid lines with intuition.
>>
>>49483938
I always have my backpack tied to me discreetly at big events like Grand Prixs and FNMs
>>
File: image:123002.jpg (107KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:123002.jpg
107KB, 312x445px
Can you run Hanna Ships Navigator in Miracles? Shes my card waifu
>>
>>49484150
if you do, go old school and play helm/rip. I know a resolved rip is a nonbo with her ability, but it can get back either half of the combo if they get countered or discarded.
>>
>>49484150
Try Esper Tezzeretor
>>
>>49484255
I mean i guess you could do that. Im just thinking of running two in my Miracles list to help get back Counterbalances that get Abrupt Decayed or Tops that get Krosan Gripped.
>>
Now that I've got DnT finished, I'm working on getting it pimped out. Any ideas for what version of what to get? Was thinking of going full German, but I'm trying to get judge foil SoFi and that's not available in German. Is it unpimp to have a couple foils and a couple English cards.?
>>
>>49484309

I would say sideboard only, no reason to turn on your opponents' lightning bolts, but it could be cool to board them in sneakily as they board out their creature removal
>>
Do any of you guys run tribals?
Come across any fun or obscure tribal decks? Ive encountered a wizard and Kavu tribals
>>
>>49484360
Id suggest anti-pimping. white border your cards (poorly), get your basics out of the draft box at the event site. remind your opponents how much you hate them.

if you want to get a pimp sword in German, wait for them to print it as a masterpiece in aether revolt.
>>
>>49484666
masterpieces are all printed in english my dude
>>
>>49484140
smash and grab burglary from his home and garage, actually. probably junkies looking for money.
>>
File: meme lands.png (250KB, 467x310px) Image search: [Google]
meme lands.png
250KB, 467x310px
>>49484360
use your favorite versions, man. you'll play it better if you enjoy the aesthetics rather than just trying to meme with mismatched 7th edition lands or whatever.

...or you can do it subtly, as pic related.
>>
>>49484739
oh my bad. shows how much I pay attention to new stuff.
>>
Everything is a mess. Just rattle my spoons up, guys.
>>
>>49484360
I'd think it'd be fine to have a couple foils and English cards, isn't it supposed to be to your liking? I'm probably gonna make all my cards Russian or Italian in the far future
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>49486166
go with Russian; Italian looks hideous
>>
>>49484666
>white border

Revised cards look oddly pleasing.

All other white border are garbage though. Especially Chronicles tier sets with white border + expansion symbol
>>
>>49486333
I like em both, Italian is cheaper however
>>
>>49486166
Go with Italian if you want to run Legends cards but still pretend to be pimp

>>49484666
But I actually care about the aesthetics of my deck. It matters to me.

>>49484857
I mostly have trouble deciding which Plains I want to play. I've got 10 Snow-Covered Ice Age, 10 German 3rd B. Thinking about getting either Beta or the Great Wall ones
>>
File: Wasteland.jpg (316KB, 450x630px) Image search: [Google]
Wasteland.jpg
316KB, 450x630px
>>49486447
Italian and Spanish are generally regarded as a lower tier for that reason. French is pretty low tier, then you have people who love Cyrillic or Umlaut's in a tier roughly tied with the people who love Moon Runes. But not that one type of Moon Runes, only the other two.

>>49486434
I like Unlimited a lot actually.

I really hated the Masterpiece SoFI, but the Aether Vial I was less offended by. Im considering changing them out in the far future.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-06-16-legacy-goblins/

Working on fine tuning this list, currently on a budget with it and don't know what much else I can do to improve it
>>
>>49486785
I don't know goblins very well but isn't that a bit too many lands? Also liking the Zada + collateral damage/temure battle rage going on. I'd personally take out the collateral damage for Goblin grenades as a start
>>
>>49486903
>goblin grenade

I never knew about that card thanks for that. How many lands do you think I should drop?
>>
>>49486785
Thats missing Ringleader, if you're trying to keep it budget I guess. Add 4 Goblin Ringleader, 1 Goblin Sharpshooter, 2 Siege Gang Commanders and 4 Goblin Lackeys and cut Temur Battle Rage and Magmatic Insight.
>>
Any other U/R Delver players here? Feels like stormchaser mage has made our deck pretty stock, which is not necessarily a bad thing. If anyone has a list they like now hook an anon up!
>>
>>49487023
I'm actually surprised at the lack of Delver players here. Unless of course they all lurk consistently
>>
Quick report on my LGS's first Legacy FNM. We had 12 people and I couldn't stop punting so I went 1-3. I decided to play DDFT, might bring Lich next time.

R1 vs Goblins (1-2)
I straight dunked on him g1 as expected. Game 2 I had a mana-heavy hand that let me turn 3 Doomsday into Thalia and build a pass-the-turn pile that could win without even removing Thalia. Unfortunately he had a pyroblast for my maniac to blow me out. G3 I punted by wasting removal on early gobs so when the real threats came I died fast.

R2 vs Burn (2-1)
Somehow I beat burn. Game 1 on the play I duress and take a Lava Spike, then Therapy and nab triple Eidolon. He has a guide and a swiftspear, and suspends a rift bolt. I'm dead on board but the coast is clear and I kill him with a maniac pile going to 1 life. G2 he has t2 pyro pillar. I decay it, then he has Eidolon. I find another decay, but before I can cast it he lands a 2nd Eidolon and mops things up. Game 3 he has 2 mana open, a lavamancer up, and 2 cards in hand and I can combo out with enough life to not die to lavamancer, but i'm dead to anything else. I go for it and he's holding 2 lands.

R3 vs Merfolk (0-2)
I punt G1. Play an SDT into a daze I knew about when I need the SDT to resolve. Should have duressed to clear the Daze and gone off the next turn. Without top, I wasn't able to go off and couldn't find more gas. G2 I have the goods to combo out, but he's just tapped out for Standstill. I probe to break the Standstill, he draws 3, I look at his hand, and he's just drawn Force, Daze, Lord. I can't find a discard spell before I die.

G4 vs Shardless Bug (1-2)
I'm paired with a friend and we're both out of prizez at this point so we're goofing around too much. I mull to this 6: Swamp, Rit, DDay, LED, Probe, Therapy. That's a t1 kill or a turn 2 with Therapy backup. I ignore therapy and walk my t1 into a FoW. PUNT! I get there G2 but G3 he has Null rod, 2x goyf, and counters.
>>
>>49487372
Goblin's is actually reasonably resilient to slow combo decks. The reason it gets killed by ANT, Sneak and Show and Reanimator is that they can consistently win before the Goblins player can deploy relevant disruption.

>>49487293
I feel like most of the people here play for fun, and Delver is kind of this years Stoneblade; A lot of people play it because SCG grinders play it, but its actually really poorly positioned in the metagame.
>>
>>49481338
My lgs runs draft and modern FNM. It's fine, I can still play dredge. There's sanctioned monthly legacy at 2 different stores that both take me 2 hours to get to because I dont drive
>>
>>49487424
The thing is, Doomsday isn't really that slow. Frankly the matchup seems pretty unfavorable for the goblins player as long as I keep my head on straight.
>>
>>49487424
Sneak and Show and Reanimator are doable with Goblins, Stingscourger is essential here. Since they can't remove your Lackey and aren't always T1 going, you can have enough pressure to get'em. I smashed through a T2 Griselbrand via Show and Tell (I was on the play, granted). Also, I managed to draw with Storm (!) once.

>>49487008
Good advise. I honestly wouldn't consider Goblins without Ringleader and Lackey, those two cards make the deck grindy and fast, respectively. Or you play Goblin Stompy, but that's not really cheap since you have to get City of Traitors. I also love 3 Thalia maindeck.
>>
>>49487553
It isn't so much that the deck is extremely slow, its just about a turn slower. Against Storm, Goblins is hoping to get a second land into play and cast a Thalia/Canonist. Getting a Turn 2 OTP or Turn 1 OTD is harder with DDFT. The combo being weak to Blasts is also very relevant.

>>49487571
Those are more doable. I would still consider them pretty bad matchups.
>>
>>49487424
I guess that's true, Delver has always had that "spike" feel to me, one of the reasons I gravitated away from it. It looks reasonably fun to me though and I'll probably take grixis or U/R Delver for a swing when I get Xmage downloaded
>>
>>49487748
You're right, and it's also why I don't play Goblins if I want to win but rather Storm or Grixis Delver. Omnitell was a better matchup as it was a turn slower.
>>
>>49487764
I played it for a while in 2015 and I have a lot of strong feelings about the deck. I've tried Abrupt Decay versions, Stifle Versions and none of them can consistently do well against Miracles. They also all struggle to beat a Chalice on 1. So Eldrazi is anywhere from even to negative. Having not great matchups against the two most popular decks isn't great.

The only decks you really murder are combo decks, and right now the meta is very low on combo.

Its a fun deck to play, but I think its very over represented and you scoop to more things than I'm comfortable with my deck scooping to.
>>
>>49487899
I want to see the deck get some more cards to use (and legacy in general for the matter) at the 2 mana slot. I don't think there is enough that are usually right now and if they do that then chalice starts becoming less oppressive. I don't think the eldrazi deck is broken or amazing for the matter, but the fact that it's not super expensive, and easy to pilot makes playing a lot of decks moot because chalice. I certainly 100% don't want chalice banned but I 150% want to see more ways around it via usable 2 mana cards
>>
>>49487748
It's not too difficult to build piles that beat red blasts. Pass the turn piles that beat it are harder to come by though. with the amount of mana that I had it may have been possible in my situation. i'd have to think about it. Red blasts didn't even cross my mind as possible disruption, which was an oversight on my part.
>>
>>49487975
My opinion is that Delver isn't cutting 2 drops for lack of good 2 drops. The Delver decks just get built around running 14 lands, and to be able to play this turbo-tempo turbo-xerox game. Adding 2 drops tends to not gel with the decks prime directive. In general, there are a lot of really powerful 2 drops that get dropped because there exists a more powerful one drop.

>>49488016
You can, but it usually takes extra mana to throw one of those together. I would certainly rather be facing down Doomsday than Ad Nauseum. The tools Goblins has are far better suited to fight it.
>>
>>49488137
I meant the two mana thing as more of a general thing. If chalice becomes worse than Delver starts becoming good in the meta again. I just think chalice is too strong right now and unless we get some good, new printings, we're just going to see more of it. I understand that Delver probably wouldn't be playing a lot of 2 drops, even if there were some more good ones. But perhaps a new one for miracles or Stoneblade or Jund or nic fit, you get the idea.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Finally got my deck sent to me after i moved countries and I've potentially found a playgroup. How is everyone's weekend going?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>49488390
And sideboard from a few months ago... Man this needs to be changed.
>>
>>49488225
What kind of two drops are you looking for? Removal spells? Creatures?

I disagree that chalice is "too good". It's good because it attacks the formats inbred nature. Blue decks run really low to the ground to fight other Blue decks. Chalice attacks that strategy, and is one of the few reasons to not just run a Brainstorm deck. It forces you to respect it in your deck construction, much like Blood Moon.

If you really hate chalice, run EE in the main. Its a really good card.
>>
>>49488390
Nice Judge foil Port. Whens that list from?
>>
File: AnimeScream.gif (2MB, 250x142px) Image search: [Google]
AnimeScream.gif
2MB, 250x142px
>>49488390
>all those mixed editions

this really upsets me
>>
>>49488736
No idea when the list is from. Just kinda worked a list more fit for my former meta.
>>
File: image.png (154KB, 1547x1487px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
154KB, 1547x1487px
>>49488768
Your sadness makes me very happy.
>>
>>49488683
I'm just looking for sweet 2 drops of any kind, chalice IS good for the format but it shuts down too many decks on t1 that I think they should give us more options. Not necessarily in blue even, that'd probably be the color we don't want it in actually. It's not like I hate chalice, I think it's good for the format. I'm probably paranoid but I think it's going to get too popular.

Sorry what's "EE"?
>>
>>49488871
Engineered Explosives.

I think there probably are a bunch of sweet 2 drops that just don't get played. Shit like Impulse, Bob, and all the 2 mana removal spells are all good cards. For a 2 drop to be good enough for Legacy, it has to be really pushed. Young Pyromancer is the last 2 drop I remember becoming a staple.
>>
>>49488975
I think the good 2 drops we have now just aren't good enough, Impulse is only good in some combo decks I find and a lot of the two mana removal is bad because of good 1 mana removal being more prevalent. I don't know, maybe it's not possible and in worse than wizards at designing cards so I'm not gonna suggest anything. Bob is bad because he easily dies before he does anything and sometimes he does too much and he loses you the game.
>>
>>49489208
I would be interested to see new stuff, but my feeling is a 2mana cantrip that's legacy playable is dangerous. A removal spell less so, and creatures seem really safe.

I really like Bob in decks with tons of creatures, or off the board in decks without. For me, generally if he lands and I untap with him, I win. I'm usually playing him on turn 1 in vintage in a deck with no Forces though, and that's different
>>
>>49489276
Yeah vintage is a different monster. I think your right on the 2 mana can trip being dangerous and seeing some new, usuable, creatures or removal would be really cool
>>
File: 20160612_170056.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160612_170056.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>49488768
Posting my list, you'll certainly get triggered.

Apparently I still don't have a recent picture of it; it's changed a lot
>>
>>49489706
>UP sleeves
>Upside down
I mean wtf man?
>>
>>49489924
Oh yes. Last night at fnm I had 3 separate people say things like, "no offense but you have the ugliest fucking deck i've ever seen."
>>
>>49486516
>those altars
Those are really nice, and subtle.
>>
>>49489945
What ponder arts?
>>
>>49490065
You don't know lorwyn's fish tits?
>>
>>49484857
Not legacy, but on the topic of lands im not sure what I want for my cube. Either all matching or all different.
If all matching ill go with foil unhinged, but otherwise I have an excuse to buy one of each 8th ed test print basics.
So far from what I've asked its about 55/45 split in favour of all different
>>49489706
Got an updated list? I've been curious about DDFT but can't find much about it online.
How hard is the deck to play? I played SI for a long time and then brewed a 5colour SI storm deck that was pretty retarded but still ok and those were pretty hard to play well
>>
What's the best Nicfit decklist right now?
>>
File: MUDNew 001 (Large).jpg (763KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
MUDNew 001 (Large).jpg
763KB, 2304x1728px
gonna finally get Vesuvas so I can complete MUD.

Also noticed Lilianas are slightly down in price, which is nice.
>>
>>49490117
I think he was asking if they were all the same
>>
>>49490117
>>49490372
Yeah, I meant were they all fish tits or did he go full tilt with different arts. For some reason I thought there were three arts, got the duel decks preordain mixed in there.
>>
>>49486952
You play goblins but have never heard oif goblin grenade? How is that even possible? How long have you been playing, 7 months?
>>
>>49490065
>>49490372
I have a mix of fish tits and ball play art.
>>49490194
Here's the list I'm on right now. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
The deck is complex but not much more complex than any other storm deck. if you've played other storm decks you'd pick it up pretty quick. I find I lose many more games to not playing the right cantrips t1-2 than to building piles wrong (I probably also need to slow down when I play). I could talk about the deck forever. If you want to find good discussion on the deck you can check out the DDFT section of the storm boards, but you need to be an approved member before you can access them, and some of the players there have some unusual maindeck choices like EE. My list is pretty standard.
>>
>>49490587
I remember looking at old MUD lists that used trinisphere. is there a reason you don't run it?
I also notice that your version is supremely non interactive. How do you find your match-up vs the gristlebrand decks?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
what kind of shitbrew can I make with monastery swiftspear? pic unrelated
>>
>>49491097
>jeskai ascendancy, young pyromancer, monastary mentor, monastary swift spear, lingering souls, swords to plowshares, lightning bolt, force of will, brainstorm gitaxian probe
>>
>>49491038
The MUD list posted before wasn't mine. I play a stax version that most definitely uses trinisphere. Will post pics later I suppose
>>
>>49490572
there are three ponder arts. fish tits, 3 moon, and textless
>>
>>49490587
I played very casual for the past 3 years, didn't get into the competitive scene until 5 months ago. Most of my cards were hand me downs from my stepdad including the ports, which is why I said it was budget.
>>
Is legacy really dying i'm thinking of coverting my modern burn to legacy burn
>>
>>49491264
But dude, it's goblin grenade. One of the best reasons to play goblins (besides goblin guides). You should look up some goblin lists and see what you can grab. Start saving up for goblin guides. Just pull out ten bucks every paycheck and by Xmas you can buy yourself a playset of them
>>
File: BargainFoil 001 (Large).jpg (702KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
BargainFoil 001 (Large).jpg
702KB, 2304x1728px
>>49491038
I run 3sphere over the Dynamos. That pic is just old.
>>
>>49491314
Legacy is dying the same way modern is, though for different reasons
>>
>>49490263
>no trinispheres or thorns
Have fun losing to combo.
>>
>>49491348
So should i just keep my deck or should i switch i feel like i'd do better in legacy
>>
Personally, I don't think Grenade is a must-have in Goblins, especially in Legacy.
>>
File: AllIsItalian 001 (Large).jpg (401KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
AllIsItalian 001 (Large).jpg
401KB, 1024x768px
>>49491361
the only other legacy deck I play against is DnT, also >>49491345
>>
>>49491348
Also it would be around the same cost to just upgrade it to naya burn
>>
>>49491340
Its not a problem of money. I have a decent job working as a teacher but I feel ridiculous spending money on cards that are easily replaced with not quite as good but still reliable cards.
>>
>>49491340
>>49491378
Both Goblin Grenade and Guide are really not cards you want to play. Instead of Grenade, use Gempalm Incinerator and/or Tarfire (Pyrokinesis from the sideboard). Goblin Guide does nothing for Goblins, we don't care about the damage. We do care about attrition, and because of Ringleader and Matron, it's hard to grind Goblins out. Guide would give your opponent additional cards.
>>
>>49491428
My bad. I assumed when you said budget version I thought you meant "saving up for better pieces" not "a bad version". Also listen to >>49491456. I dont play gobbos so I don't really know much about it. But really man? Never heard of goblin grenade?
>>
We don't have a Legacy FNM, but we do have Legacy Tuesdays and Vintage Thursdays.
>Usually run Miracles or Standstill
>If I'm feeling saucy, I break out RW Painter
>>
Are goblins destined to be stuck in the fringe? It's my favorite magic deck of all formats.
>>
>>49491487
Maybe what I'll do is replace the bushwhackers with 2 gempalm incinerator, take out the magmatic insights and add in a set of ringleaders. Only 1 card would missing to make it 60 so maybe another blood moon or another chieftain
>>
>>49491547
Sounds like a good plan. My (>>49491456) decklist is as following:

3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
1 Earwig Squad
4 Goblin Lackey
1 Krenko, Mob Boss
4 Goblin Warchief
2 Goblin Chieftain
3 Goblin Piledriver
4 Goblin Ringleader
1 Goblin Sharpshooter
4 Goblin Matron
2 Gempalm Incinerator
1 Skirk Prospector
1 Tuktuk Scrapper
4 AEther Vial
1 Stingscourger
3 Tarfire
5 Mountain
4 Cavern of Souls
2 Wooded Foothills
3 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wasteland
2 Plateau
1 Badlands

SB: 3 Pyrokinesis
SB: 1 Red Elemental Blast
SB: 2 Pyroblast
SB: 1 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 Ethersworn Canonist
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 2 Wear // Tear
SB: 2 Surgical Extraction

You'll notice that I don't play Ports - mostly because I chose to put my money into duals. I probably will get them at some point, but the deck is just not good enough at the moment to justify the cost.
>>
>>49491151
Is UWR Delver a thing? Delver, Swiftspear, Pyromancer and Mentor give you a nice curve and the option to go wide with a token army, you get StP, FoW, Daze, maybe even Giest of Saint Traft if you need a beatstick with hexproof. I think an SFM package might take up a whole lot of space, but that's just me. UWR Delver sounds pretty based, I think if I were to play a Delver deck that would have to be it.
>>
>>49491646
Well there is Stoneblade. It's more focused on Stoneforge Mystic, though. People have played "Patriot" Delver or UWR Delver, but it's usually not good enough and you'd rather play control via SFM/Batterskull and YP.
>>
>>49481344
>no reddit links

4chan pettiness strikes again.
>>
File: IMG_20160924_084041672.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160924_084041672.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
I appear to be missing some cards. Thats fekkin annoying.

Someday I'll get around to buying cities and swapping out the citadel's with them. Same with crucible of worlds with the sundials. Though I do like how sundials are another window for this deck so I dunno
>>
>>49491690
Damn phone and image flipping
>>
>>49491682
Reddit has even worse magic discussion then salvation. It is nearly impossible to constructively criticize someones deck without getting down voted to oblivion. 4chan maybe be shit, but at least we encourage people to get over themselves in order to improve
>>
>>49491682
>reddit
>magic discussion
Only thing worse than that is mythicspoiler discussions.
>>
>>49493094
You forgot our very own modern general exists
>>
>>49491646
The more creatures you run, The worse your delvers are. The problem with UWR is that it lacks a second good one drop, Swiftspear mostly being good in very aggressive decks. Which UWR tends not to be.
>>
>>49493305
Eh the modern general is only mild shit flinging compared to reddit and mythicspoiler. They can be constructive and helpful at times, unlike the other two.
>>
>>49493331
Grim Lavamancer?
>>
>>49493446
So, you want to be running about 12-15 creatures. If you end up on 4 Lavamancer and 4 Delver, why are you running white? Lavamancer can be a decent control element, but as an aggressive element he ends up being a situational 2 power attacker. He's significantly better when backed up by burn spells that you can just blast off to feed your yard. I generally run 2 in the 75 of UR Delver
>>
>>49493426
Every magic discussion forum sucks in its own way. The Source infuriates me with its terrible ideas, our modern threads tend to be extremely hostile to anything not netdecked, Salvation is stupid etc.
>>
>>49493580
Yeah nothing is perfect, I'd like to pretend we're better than most but then I'd just be sitting in an echo chamber
>>
>>49493726
>not flaunting your superiority and laughing at anyone who comes in with a brew that isn't netdecked
Come on, don't you want to be like the Modern guys?
>>
>>49493879
to be fair, most of the "brews" in those threads deserve to be laughed at.
>>
>>49493509
White gives us StP and RiP/Stony Silence in the sb
>>
>>49493918
I'll still take any deck seriously. A lot of these lists are really suboptimal, but I like to assume that there's a reason why decks get built suboptimally. I also find that if you get too dismissive of brews, you can randomly lose to them because they usually have some measure of power in them.
>>
>>49493945
The problem with Lavamancer is that its a nombo with STP and RIP. It generally has no way to remove a counterbalance, and being an aggressive deck with STP is difficult. It usually ends up being a control Delver, with SFM, maybe Peezy and TNN backing up Delvers and 8 on mana removal spells.
>>
>>49493959
Usually the brews are built sub- optimally because they can't afford the best cards. I have no problem with crazy home brews, as long as they know what their doing. They usually don't. Not saying the legacy brewers are any better. Hell the brews here are generally worse because of the higher cost barrier.

As a side note I am obe of those terribad brewers when it comes to tournement style decks. Casual is where my Johnny/spike deck building tends to be strongest
>>
>>49494112
Is jamming as many infinite combos into an EDH deck as I can considered a Spike move in a casual environment?
>>
>>49494383
It's not the what, but the why that makes one a Timmy, Johnny or spike
>>
File: 1473640434328.gif (1MB, 446x270px) Image search: [Google]
1473640434328.gif
1MB, 446x270px
Am I bad if I want to use three Monastery Mentors instead of two? (Thinking of switching one of three Snapcaster Mages out with another Mentor)
Fairly new to Legacy and U/W Miracles
>>
>>49494496
I like 4 Mentor Miracles, but I've never seen 3 Mentor Miracles. What are your reasons for wanting to go to 3? Is Snappy really the best cut?
>>
File: 5432524.gif (321KB, 300x227px) Image search: [Google]
5432524.gif
321KB, 300x227px
>>49494742
Well honestly, I find Mentors to be more useful than Snapcaster Mages in most cases
I still havent really decided how I want my Miracles deck to play out (only did some playtesting on Xmage) but maybe something like this;

Creatures: (6)
1x [MM2] Vendilion Clique
2x [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
3x [FRF] Monastery Mentor

Sorceries: (10)
1x [CNS] Council's Judgment
1x [AVR] Entreat the Angels
4x [MPRP] Ponder
4x [AVR] Terminus

Instants: (12)
4x [EMA] Brainstorm
4x [EMA] Force of Will
4x [4E] Swords to Plowshares

Other: (11)
1x [EMA] Isochron Scepter
2x [EMA] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4x [EMA] Sensei's Diving Top
4x [CS] Counterbalance

I still haven't decided on lands. Obviously I need some fetch lands and so on, but I can't afford buying into dual lands (yet).
Any help is appreciated
>>
>>49493959
Gee, I see a lot of top level "netdecks" being suboptimal at times. I've seen so many nonbos that I don't even care anymore. And besides, I think shitbrewing is where this game's at. It's just infuriatingly fun to try to find a shell around on your favourite card.

Some decks just seem to be one card away from making them viable.
>>
>>49495169
Do you really need scepter? Maybe 1-2 counterspell to fill 2cmc slot?
>>
>>49495286
-1 Isochron Scepter
-1 Monastery Mentor
+2 Counterspell

Looks good? Honestly, I'm fine having just two Mentors. It's a fun card, but like you said, I need to fill my 2cmc slots.
>>
>>49495169
If you want to run more mentors, my first cut would be the entreat. I'm generally a fan of Predict miracles, but if you arent going that direction you can try playing more of the universal answers.
>>
File: monkey.jpg (142KB, 951x1037px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
142KB, 951x1037px
>>49481338
Trivia: Name the only card to be banned in Legacy that was legal in Legacy Cube.
>>
>>49495756
Survival of the Fittest?
>>
Any suggestions for this Vintage Hatebrew?

Lock Pieces: 19
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
2 Spirit of the Labyrinth
2 Leonin Relic-Warder
2 Ethersworn Canonist
4 Sanctum Prelate
1 Kataki, War's Wage
1 Containment Priest

Value: 9
4 Dark Confidant
3 Stoneforge Mystic
1 Batterskull
1 Umezawa's Jitte

Tutors n shit: 6
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Mana: 26
4 Marsh Flats
2 Snow-Covered Plains
3 Scrubland
2 Cavern of Souls
4 Wasteland
1 Strip Mine
2 Flooded Strand
2 Karakas
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Ruby
1 Black Lotus

SB: 3 Containment Priest
SB: 2 Kataki, War's Wage
SB: 2 Path to Exile
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 3 Rest in Peace
SB: 1 Ethersworn Canonist
SB: 2 Kambal, Consul of Allocation
>>
>>49496469
Just play MUD, everyone will learn to hate you real fucking fast
>>
>>49496469
I think you should swap 1 or 2 prelates for containment priests in the main.
>>
>>49496585
I played shops for a while, but I'm not too terribly fond of aggro-shops, which is the only build I've made work today.

>>49496598
I want to drop something for an extra priest, but I actually like Prelate a reasonable amount against Oath. If it comes down before Oath, it can stop oath and stop their most common removal spell. I'm considering trimming a land for one.
>>
>>49494496
If you're wanting mentors I'd play 0 EtA and 4 mentors with 4 snaps. Go tempo-miracles which is a tempo-control deck that is quite different at piloting then regular miracles. I'm a fan of 2 mentors and 1 entreat with another Entreat into he board.
>>
>>49497072
Cool. I'll try it out, thanks!
>>
>>49497544
I'm not quite sure on how to pilot the deck exactly but I know terminus becomes really hard to play with because you also happen to be playing 8 creatures. Tell us how it goes for you whenever you get the chance, I've always been interested in the deck but I'm pretty shit with tempo decks
>>
>>49497744
It's not hard; You don't play it. Usually at the moment Mentor gets to play 8 monks, the game is over.
>>
>>49497898
When I said 8 creatures I meant 4 snapcasters and 4 monks but terminus is too powerful and useful to rip it out of the deck
>>
Anyone go to the kaladesh pre-release? Anything in kaladesh you want to try out in legacy?

I'm wanting to try out kambal
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 640x1136px
>>49500190
I went 1-2 at the prerelease. thought my deck was fine, but not great. I got a little unlucky with mana a few times, but also misplayed and just didn't know what I should be playing around.

I'm definitely excited for the hexproof +2/+2 spell for modern, but I don't think anything goes into my legacy decks.
>>
>>49483938
> backpack got stolen.
GUESS HE'S NOT SO OMNISCIENT AFTER ALL
>>
File: bomatcourier[1].jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
bomatcourier[1].jpg
50KB, 265x370px
Have any of y'all tried brewing dredge with this dude?
>>
>>49500734
or any kind of legacy brew

I don't know why, but I want this to be an underrated spicy card but I can't find the synergy
>>
>>49500785
I'm looking forward to it in EDH as a card draw engine in Slobad Stax, but I think in legacy it'll just eat a bolt.
>>
>>49500825

Fellow Slobad players, unite
>>
>>49500190
Through a combination of a shit ton of energy off of two Dynavolt Towers (one of which I stole with Confiscation Coup) in an instant/sorcery deck, and a bunch of resultant +1/+1 counters off of Fabrication Module, I was able to swing for 192 with my Electrostatic Pummeler. So that was fun.

Blue isn't dead yet
>>
>>49490250
No real best as the deck is hard as balls to play. Depends on your meta as to what you might/could/should be playing.
>>
>>49501035
What's hard about it?
Is it meta-centric?
>>
>>49501035
There's lots of different lines of play every turn.
When to play what.
Mulligans are hard.
Cabal therapy is a beast of its own.

Played right it can outgrind miracles. The deck is a constant tuning process as well depending again on your meta. If you want I can list variants if you want to figure out what you want to play
>>
>>49501035
>>49501058
I think it's really customizable to your meta, it's essentially BGx taking advantage of the often asymmetrical Veteran Explorer ramp to play big mana spells. You have a lot of flex slots for answers or toolbox packages.
>>
Testing a new meme deck on xmage if anyone is interested
>>
>>49501804
On a scale of Miracles to Lich, how spicy are we talking?
>>
>>49502427

I mean it's more like shit brewers anonymous

4x rite of flame
4x intervention pact
4x angels grace
4x deflecting palm
4x SSG
4x ponder
4x preordain
4x brainstorm
4x madcap experiment
2x pact of negation
2x swords
1x Blightsteel
1x mountain
1x island
1x plains
4x arid
4x scalding
4x flooded
2x plateau
1x volcanic
1x tundra

SB:
1x platinum emperion
1x aether Flux resoviour
1x inkwell levitation
1x sundering titan
1x helm of obedience
2x pyroblast
2x rest in peace
2x swords
2x shattering spree
2x pact of negation

It needs work, only tested it against lands and miracles

Lost hard to miracles but that was before I main decked PoN and swords, beat lands basically three games but the second game I killed myself because I forgot to pact of intervention

Any suggestions would be appreciated
>>
I'm looking at Deathblade as a deck to play occassionally, but I'm kind of worried that it's not as great in the current meta as it used to be. Any Deathblade players in the house willing to give some advice?

>>49502633
Do you side out the Madcap/Blightsteel combo for the RiP/Helm one? Because it seems a bit nonbo otherwise.
>>
>>49502633
I hate to pop your bubble, but deflecting palm redirects damage to the source's controller, you. Which really sucks.
>>
File: Stf187_tha.jpg (91KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
Stf187_tha.jpg
91KB, 640x468px
I'm building Legacy Death and Taxes, already had all the sub $10 cards lying around bar mom. I just bought a playset of SFM on the off chance she does get a modern unban, I don't expect her price to crash if she doesn't so it looks like a safe bet

What are the first cards I should buy next in, say, a month or so? Student so I can't just buy it all at once. Which staples seem likely to spike soon?
>>
>>49504444
Stoneforge targets are good to get in case she does get unbanned in modern
Batterskull, Swords of x+y, Jitte
>>49502973
Do you play in paper or modo? And if paper mostly local or do you plan on going to tourneys?
>>
>>49504466
I got jitte and Bskull, store was out of SoFi though. If SFM does get unbanned I'll just meekly eat that bowl of shit as it's only a singleton anyways
>>
>>49504494
You got no reason to worry if it does get unbanned then cause it only runs a single copy (maybe 2 of SoFI). You've got those cards
Anyways I'm guessing you play paper then. Do you just play at your store (isolated meta) or are you going to go to tournaments?
>>
>>49504517
my LGS has a set of proxied legacy decks people can play and when I have the time I'll go to tournaments

I mostly am buying the deck because I've adored it for years and just want to have it though
>>
>>49504559
ok, well for tournaments just know that DnT sucks vs combo so if you think theres gonna be a lot of that then dont bother going
>>
>>49504444
Buy Ports, Vials, and Wastelands. Those are probably the most important cards for running the deck.

>>49504597
I'm gunna have to disagree with you here. ANT is pretty even, largely dependent on who's on the play. Thalia is a T2 kill G1, Revoker is close to it and a Prelate is a T3 kill. G2, its tougher but still reasonably close.

Sneak and Show and Reanimator are overall very favorable matchups.

Elves is unwinable, but thats about the only one.
>>
>>49504494
SoFi is probably the least necessary of the SFM targets. It wasn't even in the maindeck until True-Name became a thing, and with a ton of Miracles around Sword of War and Peace is actually pretty strong.
>>
>>49504828
I would think Light and Shadow would be better than War and Peace vs Miracles, getting back the creatures they countered.
>>
>>49504844
It could be, but with Vial's and Cavern's your creatures actually don't go to the yard very often. War and Peace actually offers a significant clock against combo as well as Miracles.
>>
>>49504828
>>49504844
>>49504559
buy sword based on what you're up against, but it's good to have 1 of each
>>
>>49504896
Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
>>49504911
>>49504896
>>49504559
oh yeah, and vials are probably just gonna keep going up in price despite them being good in just about 2 decks
get those
then ports and wastes
>>
>>49504844
sofi is still probably better because it has the words 'draw a card' printed on it and if you're losing creatures to counterbalance rather than stp or terminus you're doing it wrong anyhow.
>>
>>49504935
SoFi is also an extra $25. I recommend SoWaP if you're building onna shoestring budget

>>49504907
I generally run SoFi and maybe SoWaP. SoBaM will situationally help them, and has weak color protection. SoFaF is good, but sort of does a similar thing to Mirran Crusader. SoLaS will be good if Terminus becomes bad or Pyroclasm sees an uptick.

>>49504844
Big downside of SoLaS is that if they bin the creature with DRS, you don't gain life.
>>
>>49504444
aether vials first, then wastelands, then ports
>>
Gentle bump.

At prerelease today. Will come back with report of Masterpieces.
>>
>>49504597
Then mainboard ethersworn and such and you are good to go. It's not really bad matchup but definitely about throwing a dice.
>>
>>49501111
not him but please list variants
>>
>>49507386
I was talking to a local storm player, and he was more afraid of me then I was of him.

If you're really afraid of combo, I would run a 4th revoker or spirit of the labyrinth before ethersworn canonist. I don't like including cards that are just Grizzly Bears in most matchups
>>
>>49507778
>I was talking to a local storm player, and he was more afraid of me then I was of him
Because he cannot win with a Thalia on the table.
>>
>>49507826
Have you seen how bad Infernal Tutor looks when you can't LED?
>>
>>49507712
OG (basically the rock deck. now pretty outdated)
Jund
Jund Scapeshift
Jund Scapeshift w/ Wish
Jund Punishing Fire
Jund Pod
Jund Titans
Abzan
Abzan Pod
Abzan Wish
Abzan Big (just slamming down bombs)
Abzan Rector
Sultai
Sultai Pod
Sultai Shardless
Sultai Control
Sultai Superfriends
4c
4c Stoneforge
4c Pod
5c (not a good idea really)

That probably covers all the playable variants of the deck. Each deck however has the same few core cards
4 veteran explorer
4 cabal therapy
2-4 pernicious deed
>>
>>49483211
It's the best constructed format to play online
It's the worst constructed format sans vintage to play in sanctioned tournaments
>>
>>49507927
>>49507712
If you want details on a deck just ask, if I dont answer its because I'm busy but just ask in the next legacy general.
Nic Fit doesn't really fit under a single roof as a deck. The mentality I've found with most Nic Fit players is that the list is never perfect. Your individual deck probably changes a few cards a week. It's a highly personalised deck.
That said, (to paraphrase someone) it might look like a jank cube deck, but it is far from it; each card is the best card available for acting out your intention
>>
>>49507993
Source: someone who has never played sanctioned Legacy or Vintage
>>
>>49486516
What are these alters? Rishadan Port, tabernacle, Bazaar...?
>>
>>49508235
Tolarian Academy, Bazaar of Baghdad, Mishra's Workshop, Library of Alexandria
>>
File: sanctum of serra.jpg (39KB, 620x421px) Image search: [Google]
sanctum of serra.jpg
39KB, 620x421px
Almost done building enchantress. Just need sanctums fuck moat though too expensive.

What is the proper number of Serra's Sanctums in the deck? I always see anywhere from 2-4.
>>
>>49508520
I don't play the deck, but whenever I see less than 4 the deck looks budget. Not sure if it has to do with the wincon, but 4 is my preferred number.
>>
>>49508520
Post your deck, fampai
>>
Does anyone who plays MTGO think it's fucked up that the online meta will be less representative of the paper meta than it usually is for more than another month?
>>
>>49508917
My only worry is having them clog my hand early game against any deck running abrupt decays or t1 chalice to keep me off my engine. I'd rather have the basics early game.

>>49508969
It's not completed yet, but I have playsets of most of the cards that see play in the deck so I can mess around with the numbers on the spot when I playtest. I definitely want to run emrakul and sigil as win cons. Not sure if I want to run rip + helm though but I have it just in case as well as words of war.
>>
>>49509289
I don't like RIPhelm because neither piece doe much by itself. I'm a huge fan of Sigil/Emrakul.

Sanctums do clog some hands, but they also enable you to run more big mana spells like Doomwake Giant, Eidolon of Blossoms, Sigil and Emmy.
>>
>>49507927
>>49508002
How deep into blue are the BUG variants? What are Abzan Wish and Abzan Rector?
>>
>>49509659
Rector is Academy Rector + omni, or Fruity Pebbles combo.

Rector is kind of bad because RIP and Deathrite exist
>>
>>49509782
Deathrite doesn't stop Rector. Only RIP and Leyline do.
>>
>>49509877
Read rector more carefully. IIRC, it has an intervening if clause. You need to exile to its trigger to get its effect.
>>
>>49509914
Isn't that decision already made when the ability goes on the stack, though? By the time the opponent can respond with Deathrite's ability, Rector has already died and been exiled.
>>
>>49510200
No. Think Cabal Therapy. That's part of the effect, not a cost. So it dies, triggers, then that trigger can be responded to. If it is no longer in the GY when it resolves, the intervening if causes it to fizzle.
>>
>finally get RB reanimator built
>everyone has stopped playing legacy in my area

Now the only way I can play at fnm is with standard... I hate everything
>>
>>49509782
Noob here
I searched up Academy Rector and she's amazing, but how do I get her into the graveyard?
Do I utilize her as a blocker, or are there any amazing combos/synergy with her that I should be aware of?
Sorry for possible dumb question
>>
>>49510671
Cabal Therapy, Diabolic Intent, Birthing Pod
>>
>>49510671
Phyrexian Tower. Generally you try to get value by sacing her
>>
I just built The Cure, and it's a hell of a laugh.
I had most of the pieces already, so it wasn't much trouble to put it together. I just had to buy some cheap jank to put it together.

Unfortunately my duals base is a little clunky. I've got like 2x bayou, 1x scrubland and 1x Savannah because I don't really want to spend money on more bayous. But that's ok I guess. I'm not expecting to go to a GP or whatever, I'm just playing down at the local store with a few of the fellas.

The Cure is fun as fuck. There are all sorts of complex pseudo-combo plays, but also it acts as an aggro deck if need be. The DnT player I play against likens it to Infect in the way that it doesn't really attack the life total in the same way that aggro does.
It's pretty poorly positioned against combo, I've got six discard slots both main and side to try and combat that. But many decks just can't really handle a 14/14 2 mana trampler, and Reverent Silence mainboard is a real truck against Miracles lol.
>>
>>49510529
Not even EDH? Standard is worse than Hitler.
>>
>>49511517
I can only play commander so much before getting tired. And 2 hour games are no fun.
>>
>>49511660
If you play good decks, games don't last 2 hours.
>>
>>49489706
>gee bill 4 tops?
How does that work out for you without serum tanks?
>>
>>49512092
People don't like to play against my fast decks.

And everyone else plays pillowforts
>>
>>49512192
>serum tank
the fuck? 4 tops is basically required in DDFT. They are pretty integral to the function of the deck.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.