[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 31

File: darkconfidant.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
darkconfidant.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Primers:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

FULL Kaladesh spoiler
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/kaladesh
>>
File: D3tmeHV.png (186KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
D3tmeHV.png
186KB, 265x370px
Rate my brew!

Janky combos abound!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-reservoir-1/
>>
>>49475819
Casual shit/10
>>
Any hopes for bans/unbans?
>>
>>49475819
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/boros-reservoir-1/

>Madcap into Aetherflux, using Soulfire to gain life instead of lose it

That's pretty cute. You better hope your opponent doesn't respond with a Terminate, Path, or Lightning Bolt, though.
>>
Where can I find the banlist update as soon as it comes up? And what time is that going to happen?
>>
anyone else /delver/ here? I just picked it up (grixis) and it's a lot harder than I gave it credit for...there seem to be a lot of tough choices to make especially considering you're usually not working with a lot of mana. There are consistently 5 or so things you could do each turn between turns 2-6 and yet you only have mana for 1 or 2. It's really fucking fun but a little stressful and I get the feeling I'm not playing it right.

I know tg is bad at magic, but anyone who plays this deck want to chime in about how you play it?
>>
>>49476324
Oo. Forgot about this. Havent been following spoilers or playing standard for 6+months.

Going to be so fucking mad if they unban splinter twin because i just sold my playset of scalding tarn
>>
>>49476937
Wizards's website
>>
>>49475819
But what if Aetherflux is too close to the top? Easy fix:
Enlightened Tutor
Bolt of Keranos (or some other scry bolt)/Gods Willing/scry lands

GG
>>
File: 1468142424180.png (226KB, 576x699px) Image search: [Google]
1468142424180.png
226KB, 576x699px
>>49477181
>getting rid off any of your fetch lands
>>
>>49477181
> Getting rid of any fetches unless you have 3+ playsets

WEW
E
W
>>
>>49476324
>Any hopes for bans/unbans?

When is it announced?
>>
>>49475725
hi fat/tg/uys, what happen if in Ad Nauseam deck i remove the simian spirit guide and add mox opal and dark confidant?
20 lands
4 dark confidant
1 lightning storm
1 conflagrate
1 laboratory maniac
4 ad nauseam
4 angel's grace
3 phyrexian unlife
3 pact of negation
4 serum visions
4 pentad prism
4 lotus bloom
4 mox opal
1 conjurer bauble
2 peer through dephts
>>
>>49477913
Do you often have three artifacts in play when you go off? I don't. At best two pentads and a bloom that gets cracked for ad naus.

For bob, I dunno. Haven't played with that card in a while. Seems like he'll just be a target for removal that would otherwise be dead cards against you. Are you running him instead of Sleight of Hand? Why run Peer Through Depths?
>>
>>49477913
SSG is there to reliably cast Lightning Storm. Now that you've removed it you've removed some opportunities to win when you have 5 mana.
>>
daily reminder that splinter twin was a bullshit deck and that banning it was the best decision wotc has made for modern
>>
>>49477950
>Do you often have three artifacts in play when you go off? I don't.
the goal of mox opal is to used after ad nauseam instead SSG. onceyou have draw the entire deck you put all together in the game.
regarding dark confidant i might about run him to speed up together with serum vision. i prefer Peer Through Depths instead sleight of hand cause blown to the bottom of the deck way more useless cards.
>>49477962
yeah, do you think the deck i've posted is just an handicapped version of the original or some of these varioations could be reliable?
>>
>>49477058

Grixis delver is my only deck! It may not be top tier or anything, but my favorite part about it is all the options!
Turn 1-4 you have a ton of choices that form a line of priority based on your current matchup and board/hand state.
>>
>>49478040
>splinter twin
>more bullshit than ad nauseam, Titan shift, tron or any other deck that you literally can't interact with
Wew lad
>>
>>49478143
>what is a sideboard

all of those can get hated out. you couldn't hate twin out and you know it
>>
>>49478132
So for example, against something like jeskai control. Try to slam big delve things early before they get consistent counterspell/removal mana. Either that or a YP to win stallfests.

Against zoo?infect?aggro?
Slowroll your first few turns to shut down crucial big plays. Be ready to bolt, vapor snap, etc by your opponents turn 2.

Against combo?
Get early board presence (fliped delver or tasigur/fish) and then be ready to hand disrupt and counterspell. Keep the pressure on them.

Each matchup changes your spell priority greatly, but because of all the options: you can handle ALL matchups
>>
Noble Hierarch reprint when
>>
>>49478107
>the goal of mox opal is to used after ad nauseam instead SSG

Oh so you play all three and they trigger each other. I guess I don't see the advantage over SSG except that you get any color mana when you don't really need it? I guess it makes it easier to go for the lab man route. I'd be interested in trying this although it's a little more risky to hate like chalice or something.

I don't quite know what you mean about peer. You like blowing 4 cards to the bottom? Are you running any temples for the scry?
>>
>>49478272
Doesn't work like that. The opals die before you can activate mana abilities. You would generally need an additional 2 mana in two colors on top of what's required to draw your deck to pull this off (to play pentad prisms), so I don't see any way in which this would be worthwhile. You'll only get metalcraft with absolutely shit hands or after lotus bloom comes off suspend, so you're better off just playing harambe. If harambe gets banned then maybe opals would be okay, but I don't see it happening otherwise.
>>
>>49478383
oh lol I didn't know that card was legendary. yeah I don't see the point over mana monkeys.
>>
>>49478272
>You like blowing 4 cards to the bottom? Are you running any temples for the scry?
sometimes you need only one card. for the only card i need i'm willing to sacrifice some other cards...some temple can be useful
>>
>>49478252
It just got reprinted you poverty-ridden casual.
>>
>>49478383
lol, complete forget
>>
>>49478413
A sleight and then a serum digs 5 cards deep for the 2U vs 1U 1Colorless but gives you more control both in what you get and in how you play them.

Do you miss spoils of the vault? I was skeptical at first and played 2 Peer and 2 Mystical Teachings (along with 8 cantrips) but I have really come around to it. It makes games more interesting when you have risky plays, but also has synergy with cantrips and scry since you can use it to grab a card off the top or rest assured your wincon or ssgs are safely at the bottom.
>>
>>49478403

if you do have two other artifacts in play, you can play an opal, tap it for mana, play another and ditch the first, tap the second for mana, play a third and ditch the second, then tap that for mana. Happens a lot in affinity games. But like he said you can't get all three into play at once
>>
>>49478498
So you net 3 mana which you'd have with simians anyways. What advantage are you getting post combo from it being multicolored?
>>
>>49478498
It doesn't matter, ad naus would never run opal even if it wasn't legendary because it removes the decks ability to kill at instant speed.
>>
>>49478526
Literally nothing
Apes are better, can be pulled at instant speed for mana
>>
>>49478107
>the goal of mox opal is to used after ad nauseam instead SSG.
Mox Opal is legendary, you know?

And like that other Anon said, Bob makes your opponent's removal live.
>>
>>49478464
>implying spending more than $200 on four cardboard cards is acceptable in any scenario

I can already see your filthy drag clothes and oldass car you drive
>>
>>49478491
yeah spoils is good...right in this days i was thinking a deck without ad nauseam entirely designated for the spoils.
is something like this:
-spoils of the vault
-street wraith
-laboratory maniac
-angel's grace/phyrexian unlife
-SSG
-many cards as possible with scry and a lot of single cards
>>
>>49478252
>tfw got them at 19 a piece
>>
How is the modern subreddit so dead
hahaha jesus christ it's pathetic
>>
>>49478526
>>49478533

I agree, just clarifying a play people don't usually catch at first glance with opals. for ad naus and most combo decks, SSG is simply better.
>>
I'd be pissed if SSG gets banned, there's literally no reason to ban it
It doesn't make up an y significant meta portion
We're gonna get a no changes to any format banlist this week, just like the last one. Nothing has come out since the last list and it's not a Pro Tour format anymore so there's no need to shake up the format.
>>
>>49478877
This. Only thing I can see is maybe unbans but they typically don't do that. Realistically they are more likely to just ban a card than unban a card.
>>
>>49478877
I'm still suspicious Infect is going to lose either Become Immense or Mutagenic Growth. It's a notable chunk of the meta that's breaking the turn 4 rule right now. BI would also slow down Zooicide, which sometimes scores turn 3 kills because of it.
>>
>>49479273
After playing the deck for a long time I've realized that the only reason it breaks the turn 4 rule is because literally nobody runs the means to stop it
It doesn't even get turn 3 kills that often, it's just something that can happen when your opponent has no answers
It's not even that large of a meta share and it's just going to force people to play interactive answers. I think if they were going to ban it, they would have in the tournament after Twin was banned and retards thought Tron was going to be big but every single person ran Infect. They would have hit it by now if they thought it was a problem, which it isn't.
Besides, if infect goes, you have to deal with Ad Nauseam instead
>>
>>49479377
If running interactive answers was viable, control would exist. Why try and answer the field when you can just BE the field?
>>
>>49479377
>literally nobody runs the means to stop it

I've got the deck too. There are plenty of times you can swing for lethal and hold up Apostle's Blessing even just on turn 3.

>It's not even that large of a meta share

It's the 2nd most played deck in the format.
>>
>>49479377
>Besides, if infect goes, you have to deal with Ad Nauseam instead

Banning BI or Mutagenic doesn't kill Infect. This isn't talking about banning Glistener Elf or something. All it does is push the deck back a turn, which is where it needs to be.
>>
for future reference according to mtgtop8 . com
in the past two weeks it has seen 308 decks,
the most common is red deck wins with 29 decks
the second is jund with 24, the vast majority being the midrange creature variety.
the third is affinity with 23
the fourth is infect with 21
the fifth is valakut with 20
>>
>>49480155
the remaining decks with at least 10 copies are
creatures toolbox with 19
eldrazi with 17
dredge with 15
zoo with 14
junk with 14
urzatron with 11
ad nauseum with 11
and nahiri control with 10
>>
File: image:123001.jpg (107KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:123001.jpg
107KB, 312x445px
Is there any modern deck where i can play my card waifu? I was thinking Jeskai Control
>>
>>49480257
No. Consider this: What sets was Hanna printed in?
>>
>>49480155
>>49480221
mtggoldfish is showing Infect as 2nd place with 7.36% of the meta, though I assume it's counting more than just the past two weeks.
>>
>>49480296
Dang just looked it up now last printed in Invasion and the Judge promo I posted which is the one I have. Couldve sworn she was in a core set like M11. Dang and I really wanted to run her.
>>
>>49480221
I can't say for certain which decks are doing best
however, over the past 5 wmcqs, only abzan has had multiple victories
scapeshift, infect and dredge also won
>>
>>49480397
They've saved you from making a horrible decision. She would be completely trash in Modern.
>>
>>49480312
I just looked at that and I am realizing that given that both sites use different timescales where they place in tournaments is something that is more universal
>>
>>49480412
I guess im stuck with Geist of St Traft.
Shes good in Legacy. You can use her to get back Counterbalances and Senseis Tops that have been Krosan Gripped.
>>
>>49480456
By either metric though, Infect is a big part of the format.
>>
>>49480472
>You can use her to get back Counterbalances and Senseis Tops that have been Krosan Gripped
No you just find another one with your cantrips.
>>
>>49480456
among the top 8s of wmcq spain, scotland, philippines, portugal and brazil this were the quantities in the top 8s
affinity 5
abzan/jund 5
an additional abzan deck using eldritch evolution
and a collected company deck which is in abzan colors
infect 5
burn 4
valakut 3
dredge 3
merfolk 2
>>
>>49480495
this is true, but so is affinity and there are way fewer maindeck cards going around for affinity
>>
>>49480495
I just went to mtggoldfish and I think I have figured out why infect makes up so much of the format.
when you look at the top 8s of tournaments there you can also see the price. a top8 infect deck costs >$500 and abzan costs <$1000
>>
>>49480654
>there are way fewer maindeck cards going around for affinity
Please tell me you're not suggesting cards be banned because they're expensive
>>
>>49480772
>poor people ruin everything
This is not news
>>
>>49480654
Affinity hasn't been breaking the turn 4 rule as flagrantly and not on camera during major tournaments. Commentators were openly mocking the state of the last SCG Open where "Affinity was the slowest deck" sitting next to two Infect lists and Goryo's.

Even if it's not technically a practical issue, Infect is definitely being perceived as an offender. It's bad for WotC to allow that to continue, and as the ones who decide the bans, they're not likely going to let something like that slip past. They're going to take some action against Infect, if only to preserve their image of Modern.
>>
>>49480772
in my second list containing wmcqs for us, china, thailand, canada, australia and japan I saw only 1 infect deck in the top 8 while I saw 2 deaths shadow aggro decks and 6 GBx midrange decks
>>
>>49480783
??? affinity is the same price as infect and both are cheeper than abzan
>>
>>49480907
And Swiss cheese has holes while others don't

What point are you trying to make then. Is English not your first language?
>>
>>49480817
I guess that is probably a better reason, eggs was never the default best deck, but it would regularly spike tournaments and they banned cards from that deck. My opinion is that death's shadow zoo and infect are basically the straws that broke the camel's back. there are just many fast linear strategies for people to sideboard effectively against all of them. if they have to kill one of these strategies I would hope they would kill scapeshift, because there are almost no non-counterspell maindeck cards that punish that strategy, meanwhile deaths shadow and infect can be interacted with by cards like path to exile, teminate and abrupt decay
>>
File: tarns.jpg (358KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tarns.jpg
358KB, 750x1000px
>>49477500
>Getting rid of Scalding Tarns just because you have a bunch
Why would anyone do that?
>>
>>49481029
>he thinks anyone is impressed
>>
>>49480963
I am not sure if you are the same person as >>49480783
but my point about affinity is that most decks dont run maindeck cards to kill artifacts, while
>>49480783
seemed to think I was complaining about the monetary price of sideboard cards
>>
>>49481046
The goal isn't to impress; it's to make poorfags mad.
>>
>>49481105
Then I approve
>>
>>49481105
I hope you play those expeditions, nothing feels better than hearing "wow youre going to play with an expedition? Youre supposed to keep it in mint condition and never use it."
>>
>>49481168
Double sleeving retains mint condition
>>
>>49481168
>I hope you play those expeditions
I don't actually. The other 12 are plenty.
>>
>>49481178
exactly, I have a jap ravnica land i kiss every time before I play it to invoke tilting and to siphon residual luck. Foil land tilting is real
>>49481215
What are you waiting for, theyre mean to be played
>>
>>49481168
>>49481215
Of all the Expeditions, I generally think the least sensible ones are the Fetchlands. They're the one land guaranteed to spend the least amount of time on the battlefield.
>>
>>49481264
they can spend the rest of the game in the yard, reflecting your victory back into your opponentss eyes when they analyse your boardstate
>>
>>49481264
I like the steam vents and breeding pool ones a lot but nothing beats original stomping ground for me. I'm autistic so I can't have some shocks expeditions and others not. All or none.
This is suffering
>>
Expeditions would be cooler if they had good art
>>
>>49481308
New steam vents is amazing anon, the only inprovement would have been if it had a fumarole hidden in its art somewhere
>>
>>49481326
That's the only one I liked
Godless shrine was cool too
>>
File: 11[1].jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
11[1].jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>49481308
I've gotten a few Expeditions in the past, but the only one I've actually kept for myself is a Godless Shrine for EDH.
>>
>>49481348
I cant believe i forgot about the amazing godless shrine. Its just a shame so many exoeditions felt flavorless and boring.
>>
File: Expeditions.jpg (4MB, 1325x3330px) Image search: [Google]
Expeditions.jpg
4MB, 1325x3330px
>>49481352
>>49481394
The ones I'd say I actually like are:
>Godless Shrine
>Steam Vents
>Verdant Catacombs
>Mystic Gate
>Wooded Bastion
>Mana Confluence
>Strip Mine
>Dust Bowl
>>
>>49481105
>it's to make poorfags mad.

I don't even understand how it can make anyone mad.
>>
>>49482019
Lol stay mad
>>
>>49481660
Overgrown tomb is p good
So is Wooded Bastion and Graven Cairns
I think Mystic Gate might be my new favorite though
>>
Didn't see a ruling thread, so I'll post this here.

Can you have a Thalia Guardian of Thraben and a Thalia Heretic Cathar out at the same time?
>>
>>49482248
Why wouldn't you be able to
>>
>>49482248
If you try to do this your deck will literally catch on fire and the local judge will fuck you

It's illegal
>>
>>49482248
Like how you can't play 2 different Nissas at the same time?
>>
Splinter Twin unban soon
>>
Honestly the format is fun right now
It feels more like an eternal format to me and I like that a lot of decks are working for people
>>
>>49482357
Eternal formats have interaction though.
>>
>>49482371
touche
>>
How do I know if I'm getting carried by my deck
>>
>>49482605
If youre playing Affinity or Infect
>>
>>49482605
Someone beats you with jank and you're too stupid to play around it.
>>
>>49482019

But I'm mad doe
>>
>>49477058
played a few games with grixis delver last night and lost like 4 games to misplays. It's got teeth but you can get punished pretty hard for mistakes

>>49481660
>orchard
>>
File: 20160923_152623.jpg (753KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160923_152623.jpg
753KB, 2048x1152px
R8 my Memedu/Poor Man's alternative to Jund /tg/?

>Sideboard (in progress)
Wrath of God x2
Fulminator mage x2
Lightning helix x2
Rest in peace x2
Wear/tear x2
Torpor orb x1
Grafdiggers cage x1
Painful truths x1
Stony silence x1
Grim Lavamancer x1
>>
>>49482784
fulminator mage is super underrated right now
wrath is probably too slow though, soulfire isn't really reliable, nobody really plays painful truths. I'd probably go one more helix and maybe switch the soulfires and truths + maybe a K-command out for Young Pyro, just to help get some early board control.
4 Shambling vent is way too much, it's too slow of a card. go for 2 of it at most.
Mardu is in a p good spot rn
>>
>>49482784
what expensive cards are you even missing?
>>
>>49483001
I'd wager it's the Tarmogoyf
>>
File: enemy fetches.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
enemy fetches.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>49482722
Here, have some more.
>>
File: tarmos.jpg (334KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
tarmos.jpg
334KB, 1000x750px
>>49483032
Who doesn't have goyfs?
>>
>>49483079
Oh sweet I see Chinaman is doing foils now too.
>>
Might be a dumb question, but why do no decks run phyrexian arena? I opened a foil one in conspiracy and wanted to play a modern deck with it. Price is not really a deterrent, I have a lot of staples, including lands, and can borrow/trade anything else I need.
>>
>>49483130
See
>>49475725
>>
File: 500-plus.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
500-plus.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>49483104
>Oh sweet I see Chinaman is doing foils now too.
Old pic, but here they are graded.
>>
>>49483185
would you be upset if the reserved list was removed?
>>
>>49483197
Summer magic cards wouldn't go down.

Neither would those test prints.
>>
>>49483204
so you're not retarded
cool
>>
>>49483204
revised duals and cards already under $100 are the only things that would go down. maybe revised power if they reprinted bb power or something. It's all collectible and always will be.
>>
>>49483185

just curious, why do you have so many cards? Do you just like to accumulate value? Are you able to turn cards for profit? I can see collecting cards and wanting to have four of everything, but I can't see wanting to have more than four, or more than four foils. I sold a big collections years ago when I went to college (retarded idea...) but I'm always curious to see why people collect and for what purpose.

I do appreciate seeing people with a binder full of one artist or complete old sets because it's just more rare than seeing binders full or tradeable expensive cards, but nothing beats looking at thousands of dollars in cards. When I was in high school I was very proud of having a binder full of cards over twenty dollars (and it was just one of those small, four cards a page binder).
>>
>>49483130

arena does nothing for you the turn you drop it, and only nets you a card one turn later. In modern turn 3 plays generally have to be very powerful or be a definite answer to your opponent's game plan.

Arena is perhaps playable if you have played a lot of answers/disruption in the first two turns. If you have been playing threats the first two turns, Confidant is likely better for your deck. Arena would really only fit in a control build with cheap removal. Control isn't really played in modern
>>
File: collectibles.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
collectibles.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
>>49483323
>just curious, why do you have so many cards?
Because I like collecting them and I have the money.
>>
>>49483440

>those test cards

Fucking awful formatting. What was wizards thinking?
>>
>>49484016
>What was wizards thinking?
Obviously they were thinking of making something like the modern card frame...
>>
>>49484068
They would be a shit company if they didn't experiment with things.

That being said, they experimented with things and discovered that players can be distracted from real problems in the game if you give them shiny or novelty garbage.
>>
>>49484086
expeditions make sense now
>>
>>49484016
Looks like they figured out that they needed more contrast with some of the text.
>>
>>49484102
There is nothing negative to be said about the inclusion of Expeditions. They're pure benefit that doesn't hurt anybody.

However, they are a distraction (you could argue that set releases are a distraction as well). And every time there is a distraction everyone gets amnesia and forgets that there are some serious fucking issues regarding supply and demand in this game that never ever get addressed because approximately every two months there is a new distraction for the community to lose their shit over.

You have 4 sets a year, one month of spoilers for each set, that's fresh hype every 2 months. And on top of that you have supplementary product, pro-circuit play, and the occasional care package sent to some poor bastard who lost their entire collection distracting the community.

It's like how government groups know that everyone forgets the news the moment the weekend hits so they air their dirty laundry on a Friday. Well Wizards knows that players will forget everything in 2-month intervals. And if the 2-month mark is too far away, they just announce some sweet shit ahead of time and voila, everyone forgets what they were griping about.

I would do it because players are too fucking stupid to care.
>>
>>49481251
I just like to hold cards, fuck you if you want to play this game.
>>
>post naya breach brew
>gets called bait
>comes in 21st at orlando
yeah nah fuck you
>>
>>49484354

>fuck you if you want to play this game.

Kill yourself, hoarder. I can understand holding cards to sell when the time is right, but fucking hoarding that shit? There's no purpose to it, other than impressing neckbeards. Fucks sake man, get guns and ammo, those will actually serve purpose when WW3 happens.
>>
>>49484399
Nobody cares
>>
>>49484484
>Fucks sake man, get guns and ammo
I do those too.

I used to browse /k/, but got tired of all the grunts in there. Now I just stick to /tg/...
>>
>>49484540

>I do those too.

Post dragon dildo then
>>
>>49484484
No. Look at all my cards I posted. Do you see how many goyfs and fetches I have? I don't know why people think they are so good, but I like owning them.
>>
>>49484609
>No. Look at all my cards I posted.
What cards did you post?
>>
Tell me, why in the love of god have they not get rid off card frames yet? Just do full art cards and make Text boxes color identifiable. There is so much wasted room in cards and new digital art cards are so messy that you can't see shit in many of them.
>>
>>49484626
Alright, this is dumb. I'm imitating this guy.
>>49483440
>>49483185
>>49483079
>>49483065
Because I think he's a terrible person.
>>
>>49483079
>future site
>>
>>49484746
Superior. Pleb
>>
>>49484765
those are ugly as shit m8
>>
is tezzarator viable yet?
>>
>>49484999

"no"
>>
>>49485078
but you guys promised tezzarator would be viable after kaladesh
>>
>>49483293
Dude not even, the only cards that go down in value on the extremely rare cards are damaged and poor condition cards. The only people hurt by reprints are poorfags who buy a 250 dollar busted as fuck land when the non busted ones are 300
>>
File: 1465963371506.jpg (178KB, 801x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1465963371506.jpg
178KB, 801x1010px
>playing AN
>keep a no land hand against unknown opponent game 1
>still have double lotus bloom and ad nauseam
>figure I might be able to squeeze out a victory
>opponent on burn, says I'm dead by turn 3
>turn three he plays keldon fucking mauraders
>next turn draw into angel's grace
>mfw
>>
>>49484746
>>49484817
It's hard to put much stock in the opinion of a man who can't spell "sight".
>>
>>49482248
The rule you might be thinking of only applies to planeswalkers - they have the type Planeswalker - Jace, etc. So you can't have more than one Jace-type planeswalker on the field at the same time. Creatures only have the type Legendary Creature - Human Soldier and similar, and the legendary rule only gets information from creatures names.

tldr yes
>>
File: 1474313892350.png (465KB, 798x333px) Image search: [Google]
1474313892350.png
465KB, 798x333px
>>49485193
>pleased that you lost to an inferior burn variant
>keeping a no land hand against ANY opponent
>playing AdNaus in the first place
>>
>>49482248

Yes, and your opponent will hate you.
>>
>>49485266
Not sure I'm reading that right but I think the implication is that he won that game.
>>
>>49485266
if it makes you feel any better I just threw my last 2 games against Jund
I had double angel's graces both games and at the end of my turn he started starting throwing bolts at me and I thought it was his turn for some reason so I used one grace and then the turn passed and I lost
Next game I had double angel's grace and he attacked for lethal and I forget that you can't use spells after they declared an attack and lost, even though both games I had enough mana and an AG + AN combo for the next turn
super fucking salty
>>
>>49485444

>I forget that you can't use spells after they declared an attack

what
>>
>>49485514
I was using Xmage
>>
>>49485532
I've never used it before, but it sounds like it must be a shitty simulator if you can't do something that simple.
>>
>>49485532

Oh I see. IS there a better free program out there? I play mtgo but only pauper
>>
>>49485444
>AG and AN are instants
>>
>>49485550
It's fine, that part just doesn't work if you have no blockers. It's actually fucked me over a lot and I'm really pissed about it
I've had a few bugs today too though, like not being able to sac a Sakura Tribe Elder that was tapped at the end of my turn, but usually it works alright, plus there isn't really anything else to use
>>
>>49485573
they are you retard
>>
>>49485589
That was my point you mongoloid. He was bitching because he had an and Ag and mana but lost
>>
There is any program similar with YGOPRO for Magic or any decent deckbuilder at least?

I just want to make my Ninja Rat deck better.
>>
>>49486217
xmage
>>
>>49486242
Thanks, anon. I will test it.
>>
File: 20160923_213055.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160923_213055.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Thoughts? I feel like the mana base may not be where it wants to be for whatever reason. Only matchups to that truly suck so far have been Tron
>>
>>49486460

Why not 4 vials?
>>
>>49486473
I don't feel that I need 4 as usually when I draw 1 it's enough and top decking one sucks. That and with 21 lands, I don't feel constrained mana wise so far
>>
>>49486460
why not more GQ
why not more cavern
why not more mutavault
>>
>>49486545
Ghost Quarter I would consider going to 2 but no more. 2 Cavern is enough with Vials present. Mutavault seems cool but doesn't fly which is also the reason why Geist isn't as good as it seems here.

On top of all those questions, because I want to try and easily achieve 3U for Cryptic and adding more colorless mana makes that more difficult
>>
>>49486460
>>49486519
>>49486590
So basically flying merfolk?
Just fucking play fish and be done with it.
>>
>>49486731
Fish is boring in comparison though. All it does is slam vials, lords, and swing. This was my transition into some type of tempo/control. Sure the lords are lacking, but the evasion, hexproof, and counter magic make up for it imo
>>
>>49486460
wouldn't toppelgeist be good in this deck?
isn't visions kind of bad? you could replace it with counter magic to stop like infect earlier
i've never seen windborn muse be used to good effect, it seems like too big of a mana investment
entity also seems like too big of a mana investment
seems cool if it was a more tempo deck, it actually might be able to fight a lot of the hyper aggro field
>>
>>49486828
I tried Topplegeist and he's not good. Enabling delirium would make him better but it'd too hard for this deck to pull off consistently.

Windborn Muse is actually pretty good if you ask me depending on the matchup. Her coupled with a Selfless, Captain, or Kira can slow your opponent down decently while you recover.

Infect I have yet to play against but Mausoleum Wanderer g1 would help fend off pump spells early and later I can counter, Queller, etc. I have 2 Spell Pierce in my side to allow further early game counters until I stabilize with mana and or a vials. I am indeed trying to stay the tempo route with this build
>>
>>49486915
I was thinking geist less for his delierium and more for being good against infect, Mausoleum wander isn't good enough against infect because if you don't draw it you're fucked and it's probably not strong enough on it's own to stop infect, but an instand speed tap effect with flying is actually pretty good
muse just seems to slow with most decks being able to deal with it on turn 4 or being able to stall you and kill you.
t. infect player
>>
>>49486828
Also, I have Mirror Entity as a one of because it's the shit when I draw him with a vial on three and I have say, 5 mana up and make my whole team 5/5 and swing for the kill
>>
>>49486985
I thought of it but with drogskol it seems like it might just be superfluous
4 path seems necessary in the format though
>>
>>49486973
As an infected player, you could just vines your dude and make Topplegeist's tap ability fizzle anyways. I know it's 4 mana, but it's effect plus a 2/3 body is more valuable than a 1/1 whose ability is cool.. sometimes
>>
File: topplegeist_by_seb_m-d9txceo[1].jpg (560KB, 900x678px) Image search: [Google]
topplegeist_by_seb_m-d9txceo[1].jpg
560KB, 900x678px
>>49486915
It's too bad, Topplegeist is kawaii as fuck.
>>
>>49486460
Where's Saint Traft?
>>
>>49482784
Stony silence seems unnecessary. You already have a favourable matchup

I'm not convinced soulfire needs to be main board or played at all, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe some higher impact threats? Kalitas is good but maybe not enough. The colours just don't have the best beaters.

Dark dwellers?
PnK?
Those cost a lot though
>>
>>49487414
Not him, but Tracy doesn't have synergy other then a beater with a higher cost then others.
>>
>>49486460
Kami of False hope is a 1/1 for one but also had a sac for indestructible.
>>
>>49487452
>synergy
Fuck synergy and crash in for 6+
>>
>>49487552
Well it could possibly work, I never added the saint to my own as it felt like that I can't really get him out on the board quick enough and he's an outlier.
>>
>>49478178
Any kill spell, counter spell, bounce spell, spellskite, etc etc etc
>>
>>49487583
He'd be good in the side against like jeskai but that's too narrow. I'd rather just side in more counter magic
>>
>>49487463
No he has sacrifice for Fog
>>
File: mtg.png (109KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
mtg.png
109KB, 1366x768px
Hello, in the Summer I got back into mtg after finding my stash cards I used when I was younger, and decided to make a deck using them.
(cards with the name in quotations are in portuguese, so my translation may not be accurate)
>>
Any speculation on the banlist?

I heard that BBE may be unbanned
>>
>>49485532

You can actually cast inatants after they declare attackers, you probably were on skip and tried to awnser the damage step and that's all your fault.
>>
>>49489612
>I heard that BBE may be unbanned
Yeah that's because you've been reading 4chan. Nothing will be changed, Wizards wants Modern to rot so everyone will jump ship to their new non-rotating format, "Gatewatch", a couple of years from now when the card pool from Origins to the present becomes larger than Standard.
>>
>>49489649
Nah, heard it from people at prerelease
>>
>>49489661
There's some fuckery where the MTGO Beta client was treating BBE as unbanned in Modern.

Last time something like this happened, it was treating Splinter Twin as though it was banned. I don't think I have to tell you how that went.
>>
>>49489801
I just don't see why they'd make the best deck in the format better. BBE into Lilly is a won game.
>>
File: a shit.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
a shit.png
123KB, 223x311px
How do you guys train deck brewing?

I usually pick a shit card and try my hardest to make a deck around that card that's somehow usefull.
Pic related my next target.
>>
>>49490222
>I usually pick a shit card
Off to a bad start.

>make a deck around that card
And you just made it worse.

You take a card that looks like it has potential, and lump it with other good cards that have some synergy with it. My Molten Vortex control brew a while ago had very legit matchups against
>>
>>49489814
It's not really any more powerful than any of Junds current 4 drops. If it were unbanned, it would be played as a one- of alongside Cletus and whatever else is currently played. Olivia? Huntmaster? Pia and Kiran? I don't even keep track.
>>
>>49490222
>How do you guys train deck brewing?
That does not compute.
>>
>>49490335
It's supposed to be challenging.

I could pick lets say Baneslayer or any other OP card that works in almost every deck, but for what purpose?
>>
>>49490479
>Baneslayer or any other OP card
Baneslayer is not OP. It sees ZERO play for that very reason.
>>
>>49490584
I haven't said it's OP, it's just a decent card that I listed from the top of my head.
>>
>>49490659
It's not even playable.
>>
>>49490659
>Baneslayer
>Decent

Maybe in casual play friend-o
>>
>>49490659
your wording while not definite heavily implied you think baneslayer is OP
>>
Can anyone help me fully understand the Madness ability I understand that its engineered to stop people from making you discard a card you wanted to play like if someone played a card like mind rot, and you only have two cards in your hand but one of those cards has madness, so instead of putting both in the grave yard you put the one with madness in exile then play it for its madness cost.
>>
>>49491161
The fact that it goes into exile isn't very important technically, so if you're getting confused by it don't focus on that specifically. All you need to do is treat it like it says "If you would discard this card, you may cast it instead".

It doesn't stay in exile and wait for you or anything, you have to cast it right at the moment you are discarding it or not at all.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
123KB, 223x311px
>>49491161
The only thing is my friend seems to think that he can play a card like Alms of the Vein for its normal mana cost (witch is 2 and one black as seen in pic)then when that spell resolves instead of then putting it in the graveyard he can put it into exile and then play it again for its madness cost.effectively playing as many times as he wants as long as he has the mana for it. Tell me he is wrong and that you can only play a card for its madness cost if that card got discarded by some other way then being played for its normal mana cost and then being resolved. Also am i correct in saying that you can only play a card using madness only once?
>>
>>49491249
He's wrong. You do not discard a card when it's resolving. You don't even discard a card when it's countered. Unless you specifically discard it from your hand for one of the three following reasons, you cannot use its Madness cost:
1. You have 8 or more cards at the end of your turn and must discard down to your maximum hand size.
2. A spell or ability instructs you to discard a card.
3. You discard a card as part of paying the cost of a spell or ability.

You are also correct that you can only cast a card for its Madness cost once. Unless something returns that card to your hand and you discard it again, it's a one-time offer.
>>
>>49485266
No one plays fucking counterspells in this meta. If your opener has AN+grace+2 lotus blooms that's a snap keep.
>>
>>49491305
Thank you for clearing that up now its time to break his hart and tell him that the card he thought was over powered is not. Hes probably going to be pissed.
>>
File: EN_Nahiri_Header.jpg (405KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Nahiri_Header.jpg
405KB, 1920x1120px
>>49491335
>Forced laughign
>>
I have a ruling question:

If my opponent casts conflagrate for its flashback cost, discarding 4 cards, will it cause my opponent to take damage from my eidolon of the great revel? My inclination is yes, since you're casting it for the flashback cost of 2, and discarding x cards instead of paying x mana to determine x, but my opponent last night when this came up said that he was a judge, and that eidolon only cares about the mana cost in the top right corner, and since he set x to 4 by discarding cards, then each of the x's in conflagrate's mana cost would be set to 4, resulting in a 9 mana spell being cast. It didn't decide the outcome of the game, so I didn't try to appeal to get a nonbiased judge to rule, but I'm curious to see if I or my opponent was correct.
>>
>>49492086
Casting a spell for an alternative cost, such as a bestow cost, doesn’t change its converted mana cost. Similarly, casting a spell with an additional cost, such as a spell with a strive ability, doesn’t change its converted mana cost. For example, casting Gnarled Scarhide (a card with mana cost {B} and bestow cost {3}{B}) for its bestow cost will cause Eidolon of the Great Revel’s ability to trigger.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=380410
>>
>>49492124
Not true if he casts it for the regular cost, paying mana for X.
>202.3b When calculating the converted mana cost of an object with {X} in its mana cost, X is treated as 0 while the object is not on the stack, and X is treated as the number chosen for it while the object is on the stack.
However I'm not exactly sure how this works with the flashback cost either
>>
>>49492124
can someone who's not retarded answer my question?
>>
>>49490389
>BBE into Kolaghan's Command
>I will now 3 for 1 you
>its not that powerful
>>
>>49492118
but that doesn't answer my question, which is, does the X determined by the amount of cards discarded affect the Xs in conflagrate's mana cost?
>>
>>49492173
Its an alternate cost. Discarding is part of the cost, so no, it isn't.
>>
>>49492168
Just play concentrate, easy 3 for 1 every time
>>
>>49492173
>While Conflagrate is on the stack, its mana cost will reflect the value chosen for X, even if it was cast with flashback and no mana was spent on X.
from gatherer
>>
>>49492208
thanks. I didn't figure a guy would lie about being a judge and makes something up, it's just really a really unintuitive case. I guess that's why they don't do shit like time spiral block anymore.
>>
File: 1474522001582.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474522001582.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
https://twitter.com/maro254/status/779300364642201600

thoughts?
>>
question does madness work if the card gets discarded out of the persons library like if someone used lets say mind sculpt for instants?
>>
>>49492275
the chemo that modern needs but will just make playing control expensive as hell
>>
>>49492275

FREE BOTH

MAKE MODERN GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>49492264
Yeah it's pretty niche. As you can see from the other replies, a lot of people don't know about the X cost on the stack interaction, which is understandable as X is 0 in every other zone except the stack.
>>49492291
No. Unless the effect says 'discard' on the card it's not discard.
>>
>>49492275
Ive had a feeling for a while now that they would be unbanning JTMS
>>
>>49488883

Sorry mate, that's not a deck. That's just a pile of cards.
>>
>>49491305
>1. You have 8 or more cards at the end of your turn and must discard down to your maximum hand size.
Can you even cast it then since it's during the cleanup step?
>>
>>49492500
never ever
death to blue
>>
>>49492523
Yes, though normally you can't cast things in clean up. Madness or a triggered ability like emrakul shuffle trigger gives players priority during clean up, whereas normally no one gets priority and can't do anything.
>>
>>49492580
Interesting, never knew that
Probably because I've never used Madness
>>
>>49492626
Another thing to note is if anything like madness does happen during clean up, there will be an additional clean up after. You can even do this an endless amount of times with the right set up.
>>
>>49492275
Where can I vote for this?

I don't see a link in the tweet
>>
>>49492665
Voting is over. He does these vote things pretty frequently, you can see on his twitter next poll is 'counters'. They don't have any concrete effects on bans or card development, they just let Mark know what cards/mechanics people like.
>>
>>49492718
I like powerful cards and mechanics that don't deal with placing +1/+1 on my creature.
>>
>>49492795
Blasphemer!!
Burn the witch!
>>
>>49492795
In modern your best option is kitchen finks
maybe that sunburst artifact in ad nauseum
also the handful of suspend cards played in modern
>>
File: 1474738407874157723269.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1474738407874157723269.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
All right, fags. Let's play a game.
Shuffle up and post those opening hands.
>>
File: but_is_it_shit.jpg (691KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
but_is_it_shit.jpg
691KB, 2592x1944px
>>49492909
Ayy lmao.
>>
If SFM was unbanned could bant delver be a deck?

Delver, mystic, goyf and protection of course. It would shore up late game problems by having giant goyfs with swords and batterskull
>>
>>49493048
How lucky are you? Cuz I'd pitch that hand in a heartbeat. Although, I might keep it if I knew my opponent was on a slow deck
>>
>>49493048
that seems like a shitty hand
you have no fetches so you have 2 dead cards and your three live cards are wonky, you'd have to suspend the bolt and play the swiftspear the next turn

>>49493090
possible, although jeskai delver seems more likely
>>
>>49493121
Ok, played that hand out.
Draws: Lava spike, Wild nacatl, Sacred foundry

Turn 1: MS 1dmg
Turn 2: Lava spike, suspend rift 6dmg
Turn 3: suspend rift 11dmg
Turn 4: Foundry, Boros charm 21dmg

And yes, it's a bad hand.
>>
>>49493188
Would you play the MS on turn one? I was thinking suspending a rift bolt on 1 because it might stop them from playing a 1-drop, and then you can go in with swiftspear for 2 on turn 2
>>
File: kozilekstranslator.jpg (45KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kozilekstranslator.jpg
45KB, 265x370px
Since Eldrazi was heavily inspired by lovecraft.

Is it fair to assume that bismuth is the Colour Out of Space?
>>
>>49492518
Is there anything salvajable?
>>
>>49493249
Cause you don't get the prowess proc if you suspend rift bolt on turn 1. You effectively lose out on two damage.
>>
>>49493486
Llanowar Elves, Mana Leak, Vapor Snag and basic lands are playable. The best cards there are the basic lands.

Post a picture of the Flagelated Forest.
>>
>>49492275
>Not unbaning both
Modern Cawblade FTW
>>
>>49493673
I think he means blighted woodland
>>
>>49493541
Then your ms dies and you feel dumb
>>
>>49493870
Sure, but that happens anyway, especially when you suspend rift bolt t1 to bait your opponent into not playing a 1 drop.
>>
Are you retards actually arguing over whether it's correct to play you creatures first in burn, especially the one that gets buffed when you cast spells?
>>
File: cute robodoggo.jpg (489KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
cute robodoggo.jpg
489KB, 1000x755px
>>49475725
Any use for Filigree Familiar? I really like this card, but I don't know where it would fit. Will obviously see play in Standard, but what about Modern?
>>
>>49494148
>Any use for Filigree Familiar?
Kindling
>>
would it be worth it to try playing inkmoth with awaken? thinking of building a blue deck with land creatures.
>>
>>49494536
See infect

See taking turns

Your idea is not very good for a modern deck
>>
>>49494133
Damage check:
Turn 1 MS 1dmg
Turn 2 Lava spike, rift bolt 6(+3)
vs
Turn 1 rift (+3)
Turn 2 MS, lava spike 8dmg

You miss 1 damage going into turn 3. Playing second rift gets delayed anyway.
>>
>>49495443
>>49495443
Rift bolt doesn't trigger prowess when you suspend it.
This isn't hard, people
>>
>>49495571
What? Do I have to brake it down even further?
Turn 1 MS, attack -> 1dmg total
Turn 2 Lava spike +3dmg, rift bolt (+3), Ms attack +2 dmg = 6(+3)dmg, 9 in total going in turn 3

vs

Turn 1 rift(+3)
Turn 2 +3dmg, MS, Lavaspike +3 dmg, attack +2 = 8dmg in total

>Rift bolt doesn't trigger prowess when you suspend it.
Aha
>This isn't hard, people
Reading seems to be for you.
>>
>>49492662
Such as with the interaction between the Gitrog Monster and Dakmor Salvage.
>>
>>49494148
It's competing with Kitchen Finks as a card, so you'd have to look for any deck that wants Kitchen Finks but cant cough up two G/W mana. That's a pretty narrow playing field.
>>
>>49495819
Grixis is all that comes to mind
>>
>>49495638
Dude, you're still off.

>t1: suspend rift bolt
>t2: cast rift bolt (3), cast swiftspear, cast lava spike (3), swing (2) total 8

>t1 cast swiftspear, swing (1)
>t2: suspend rift bolt, cast spike (3), swing (2) total 5

How can you mess this up?
>>
>>49495638
So smug for still being incorrect

Also
>brake
>>
>>49495854
Not the same but I think I kinda get his argument, it kinda goes into turn 3 doing 9 damage.

>t1: suspend rift bolt
>t2: cast rift bolt (3), cast swiftspear, cast lava spike (3), swing (2) total 8 (Opponent is at 12)

>t1 cast swiftspear, swing (1)
>t2: suspend rift bolt, cast spike (3), swing (2) total 5 (Opponent is at 14)
>t3: Rift bolt goes off suspend (Opponent is at 11)
>>
File: Image.png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
141KB, 223x311px
Why does everyone keep using him wrong? All these shitty brews revolving around him that are filled with cantrips and all he ends up doing is drawing you more cantrips. When all you have to do is stick one or two copies in a normal jeskai midrange build.
>>
>>49496123
His only place is in rug Delver sideboard
>>
>>49496123
>all he ends up doing is drawing you more cantrips

Oh no, a creature with Prowess and a hand full of cantrips.
>>
>>49496153
>His only place is in the trash
FTFY
>>
>>49496223
>fixed treasure cruise on a prowess body isn't worth anything.
Okay. Keep being a scrub.
>>
>>49496249
I actually think the card is alright, I was just memeing
I just don't think it's super strong right now because I can't think of a shell for it
>>
>>49496267
Fair enough. I can respect a little memeage
>>
>>49496306
I threw it in Death's Shadow to see if it would work
My thought is that it's actually almost as good as goyf
>>
>>49496123
I'm enjoying him in my shitty budget boros burn that plays Myth Realized.
>>
>>49496123
>draws you more cantrips
>prowess body
This is a bad thing because......?
>>
>>49496216
see this is what I am talking about. his prowess is an upside not a reason to build an entire deck around. not when he can be terminated or pathed or simply walled all day due to lack of trample or evasion.

>>49496267
I been running a copy of him in a jeskai flash deck without building around him. Just playing the usual game of lighting bolting here and helixing there. when I draw him the graveyard is filled with plenty despite multiple snapcaster mages.

Once I draw him I start emptying my hand during my opponents eot, either double bolting creatures or straight to the face and the just fill it back up. he synergies well with Clique to makes your the coast is clear before emptying your hand. and of course restoratin angel

Played a couple games of jeskai control with nahiri and there are some fill bads when you cast him with a spell snare or remand in hand but then you draw your three cards and have a 3/4 prowess beater, after you finished burning all their creatures last turn and realize you have shifted from being the control player to the aggressor
>>
>>49496123
You have better options in a midrange build. And it doesn't work in Delver because really, it costs 2+ mana, while surprising, really matters in all Delver-based decks.

There are times in Legacy RUG Threshold where I feel Tarmogoyf is too expensive at 2 mana. I'm looking at it and I'm thinking, what is this 2-mana piece of shit.
>>
It seems like there is so much redundancy in Burn that you can just nix one or two expensive cards like Goblin Guide with something as simple as Incinerate or Bedlam Reveler and you'll do fine.
>>
>lost a game because the program thought I was tapping a land for mana when instead I wanted to make it a creature
thanks xmage
>>
>>49496782
>getting rid of shock- on- a- stuck

Mocking aside, Reveler doesn't really do what you want it to on burn. I tried two, and on paper it looks great, it's really underwhelming. It doesn't play well with lavamancer, you have to cut better spells to make room, etc.

You'd think he's good to refill your hand in the mid to late game, but by then you've lost. Or you had a creature heavy game and casting him for 3+ is just bad.
>>
>>49495443
scenario 1:
turn 1: start with swiftspear, deal 1
turn 2: spike deals 3, triggers prowess, suspend rift bolt, swiftspear hits for 2
turn 3: rift bolt comes off suspend, deals 3, swiftspear is largely irrelevant at this point. play whatever other burn spells you'd play on 3
outcome: 9 damage by turn 3 + whatever you would normally cast on 3

scenario 2:
turn 1: suspend rift bolt
turn 2: rift bolt comes off, deals 3, play swiftspear, spike deals 3, swiftspear swings in for 2
turn 3: Swiftspear still largely irrelevant at this point, play whatever burn spells you have on 3
outcome: 8 damage + whatever you have in hand on 3

conclusion: you miss out on 1 damage by not leading with swiftspear.

wowee, who would have thought that you deal less damage by not playing your haste creatures asap, oh yeah, any competent burn player.
>>
>>49496723
Yea well you don't know what you're talking about so nobody cares
>>
>>49496723
Oh look it's the shitter again. This is the modern thread anyway dude
>>
>>49496955
>It doesn't play well with lavamancer

That's why you replace Lavamancer with him. I was playing it in Mardu Burn, since Bump gives you another CMC 1 burn spell and Reveler favors keeping your curve low to the ground, and it puts in work in that kind of build.
>>
>>49495895
Fuck off

>>49495922
What I said, how is this hard to understand, I don't get it.
>>
>>49497048
I didnt try Mardu. Mostly because I think ACommand is too good not to use. But I see your point. Might try it out next week.

I did try Boros and Naya variants, and out of about 20 matches with each, I was happy seeing Reveler exactly three times. Each time I literally drew in to 3 bolts.
>>
File: Leatherback-baloth.jpg (301KB, 850x656px) Image search: [Google]
Leatherback-baloth.jpg
301KB, 850x656px
Your're in the club and this dude slaps your girlfriend on the ass.
What do you do?
>>
>>49497283
Show the door and cast him in exile.
>>
>>49497283
laugh because I've already won by turn 3
>>
>>49497283
Let him, she doesn't put out anyway
>>
>>49497283
lol fucking idiot.
>he thinks any girl would want to date me
>>
>>49492275
Rev up those Jaces now
>>
>>49497560
Jace is shit in modern
>>
File: Izzet.jpg (82KB, 673x888px) Image search: [Google]
Izzet.jpg
82KB, 673x888px
>>49496123
Here you go.
>>
>>49499216
>Temur Battlerage
There it is again!
>>
>lose as infect to esper control
>condemn
>dispel
>ghost quarter into surgical extraction
>tfw shit
>>
>blue player passes turn after playing a land
>your spell is countered, blue dude plays a land and passes next turn
>you counter their counter, they counter your counter with another counter

why do people do this
>>
Have I sinned?
>>
>>49481029
Yoo, hook me up cuzzin
We hungry over here, senpai
>>
>>49500775
nah, anime sleeves are underrated
>>
>>49500775
Only if you don't exclusively use it it to play Affinity.
>>
>>49500903
I bought the fat pack for Kaladesh along with it. It was either Aigis or some really raunchy Monster Musume ones. In the end I didn't want to show up with a half naked Harpy to play MTG with.
>>
>>49500973
at least you have good taste in monmu grills
should have gone with those tho
>>
>Modern Nexus now sucks

What happened?
>>
>>49500999
The best part was the stats and now it's gone with Sheridan. And even those were too slow: meta should be re-evaluated every two weeks. Now it's painfully late every time.
>>
>>49500988
I'm too reserved to come up to my friends with this covering my deck. Perhaps a braver man than I can follow in my footsteps.
>>
>>49501020
>Now it's painfully late every time.
He's literally a month behind
Everything else on the website is just boring, it's just him talking about his temur brew or some weird, tangential bullshit

On a sort of related note, Xmage's discord is a pretty decent place to talk about the game, quite a few people here are PTQ grinders and are fun to talk to
>>
>>49500903
Is there an Affinity for Anime stereotype or something?
>>
>>49501127
No, it's because the character is a robot.
>>
>>49500993
>>49500993
>>
>>49501226
We didn't hit autosage yet. Why the new thread?
>>
What's better for competetive controll?

Jeskai or Esper?
>>
>>49499216
>does not contain delver of secrets
>contains stormchaser mage
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.