[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Standard Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 28

Frank Karsten wrote a new article with 10 different deck ideas.

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/20-standard-brews-with-kaladesh-1-10/

Cathartic Reanimator looks sweet
>>
>Standard is a money pit
>WOTC are bending the knee and trying to flood in sales like they did with BFZ expeditions
>Fuck Hasbro
>>
Ian Duke discusses R&D's current philosophy on 'planned format staples' vs 'emergent format staples'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q09Jqgt-tdo&feature=youtu.be&t=1223

TL;DW
Ian Duke and the rest of R&D don't like it when format staples are unimportant cards to the story. Ian Duke mentions Astral Slide as an example. They've decided to pump up the power level of story cards, like planeswalkers and legendary creatures.
>>
>>49456424
10 deck ideas that are complete trash because these guys don't post real decks that have a shot at the protour.
>>
>>49456524
>Don't like non story cards becoming staples
>Bump up legendarily and planes walkers.
To what end? Do they want to make it some sorta card game Warcraft 3 where everything is canon fodder for the fucking named things?
>>
>>49456838
Yes. That is precisely what they want. Works for Hearthstone, after all.
>>
File: 95dab4a7daa2ab4e16b7338b99f614c1.gif (1000KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
95dab4a7daa2ab4e16b7338b99f614c1.gif
1000KB, 540x304px
>>49456424
>Let opponent draw 3 cards or take 3 cards worth of CMC to the face
What the shit, wizards
>>
>>49456838
>>49456875

I guess it's not quite soooo similar depending on how its implemented

making planeswalkers more playable going forward wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing given how many useless ones float about now
>>
>>49456691
They were raving about Liliana, Elder-Deep Fiend, Ishkanah, and Emrakul before the Pro Tour
>>
>>49457052
>people believe mythic rares are gonna kick ass

I know EDF is only a rare but when has a non mythic/rare not gotten pushed into the spotlight?
>>
>>49456903
But do you really want more chase Mythic Rares?
>>
>>49457094
the brewed decks in the article are also based around powerful mythics and rares.
so that doesn't really apply to the argument that those decks can't be good because CFB never understands what cards/decks are powerful.
>>
>>49457094
Off the top of my head:
Lightning Bolt
Dismember
Monastery Swiftspear
Abzan/Jeskai Charm
Gray Merchant
Delver of Secrets
Treasure Cruise

This is assuming you meant to type 'when has a non-mythic/rare been in the spotlight not 'when has a non mythic/rare not gotten pushed into the spotlight', in which case the answer becomes 'basically all the time'.
>>
Rate my shitbrew, /tg/.

It sorta kinda works but there's something about the curve that doesn't convince me

Bromat courier x4
Lupine Prototype x4
Asylum Visitor x4
Inventor's Apprentice x3
Bloodhall Priest x3

Smuggler's Copter x4
Key to the city x2

Collective Brutality x3
Built to Smash x4
Unlicensed Disintegration x3
Fiery Temper x3

Aether Hub x4
Swamp x7
Mountain x10
Hanweir Battlements x2
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 178x248px)
download.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
>>49458511
Forgot pic realted
>>
File: 20160921_175441.jpg (3MB, 4032x1413px) Image search: [Google]
20160921_175441.jpg
3MB, 4032x1413px
Played this at my shop last night. Did really well. My shop runs a lot of BX control and this deck just put greens them so hard. I also outhealed a fevered visions deck after siding the 4th alliance and Gisela. I also Tammy ulted 3 times, and it's insane.

I'm gonna be running this early on in new standard but not sure what goes in. The new glimmer looks good, as well as dovin and nissa. The one issue I ran into is drawing tamiyo early on. I consistently drew back to back very often, which is statistically unlikely but I'll probably cut down 1. Thoughts? (My 2nd seasons past is in the mail and borrowed one for the event).
>>
>>49458511
Looks kinda underpowered

Why did you exclude new Chandra?
>>
>>49458629

Put greens should be out greeds.
>>
>>49458629
Any reason you cut reflector mage?
>>
>>49458669

Tested it and honestly my games go long enough that the tempo isn't worth it. My win con is basically exhausting my opponent and it doesn't help in most matchups. I've sided 2 though. At work so can't post pictures of side unfortunately.
>>
>>49456899
The only thing I can think of is somewhere there must be an EDH draw-denial deck that this belongs in. It's the only explanation.
>>
I'll probably do R/W artifacer with a few twists here and there like Sigarda's Aid.
Though reanimator looks fun, I like my decks cheap, aggro, and efficient.
>>
>>49458639
I tested it but it's tricky. Most of the time you're forced to discard it to power the lupines, wich probably isn't really worth it.

It's not so underpowered, of course it's very reliable to good topdecks but this is what you get. I guess I'll roll with it until I can afford Chandras and a real deck along with them.
>>
>>49456875
>works for Hearthstone
>best Legendary in the game, auto include in almost literally every deck in a format that can run it is some random quest giver from a zone no one ever remembers
>>
>>49457303
I believe his point was that CFB would never share what they honestly thought was the best deck in the format publicaly before the Pro Tour.
>>
How is just straight RB aggro looking? Maybe Vamp or madness subtheme or something. How are Zombies looking with no Jace?
>>
>>49458948
That is true.
But these are early brews, not refined decks weighed against a predicted meta.
Brewing is only the first step and they do share those unless they think they stumbled onto something amazing and different right before the pro tour. And they can't even know if it is that for an untested format.
>>
>>49459268

The new vehicle is better then Jace full stop. Best creature in kaladesh.

It works not only in zombies but rb vampires as well. And key to the city makes rb vampires the front runner for best aggro deck early on. (Sorry rw equip memers)
>>
>>49459614
>The new vehicle is better then Jace full stop
I'm not 100 percent sold on that. What made jace great is that he didn't have to be in combat to loot. The new vehicle needs to survive combat and there's a chance your opponent won't attack either and just sit on blockers.
>>
File: 1445369496316.png (15KB, 210x260px) Image search: [Google]
1445369496316.png
15KB, 210x260px
>>49456524
That's a little disappointing, when I started this game randomly around dark ascension admittedly I didn't know anything about its lore. What grabbed me was how I could just pick and choose cards and be a wizard of goblins or werewolves, or build around mechanics. It just feels like the worlds themselves will start feeling a little less memorable in the future when the staples are just the gatewatch and the anti-gatewatch and not what the world itself has to offer.
>>
>>49456424
Count the ammount of rares+mythics, the deck with the most rares+mythics will be the one to win the PT.
>>
How do we save the format from Kaladesh's Kalacancer?
>>
File: en_7imxJLicMd.png (175KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_7imxJLicMd.png
175KB, 265x370px
>>49459808

It just needs to attack or block, no need for surviving.

Also zombies get the added benefit of crewing their spirit token off of haunted dead. Decks gonna be sweet. Just debating if splashing red will be worth it, or if there is enough exilable creatures for the scraphead to justify it
>>
>>49460023

But kaladesh has features so little of the gatewatch it's ridiculous. The set is all about the fair and honestly if the world building is decent and the cards are strong or interesting then the sets will be remembered fondly. No one will forget the set that had tezzeret criticize podracing
>>
>>49458669
>reflector mage
>post coco rotation

kek
>>
Thinking of coming back into Standard and with the new set coming out I dont know what to realistically build. To be honest, I've been looking into that UR Thermo deck which apparently isn't losing much at all.

My question is... Is there a way to add to this deck to make it better or? You guys think it be good enough for FNM?
>>
>>49460188
>How do we save the format from Kaladesh's Kalacancer?
Kaladesh is saving the format of CoCancer
>>
>>49460582

It's solid for fnm, loses to white decks, loses nothing but gains nothing.

It's cheap. I say go for it.
>>
>>49456524
>bump up the power of planeswalkers

STOP STOP STOP STOPPP
>>
>>49460582
I would say opt for the Grixis build of it
>>
>>49461062
Got a decklist?
>>
>>49456524
That sounds like severe long term cancer

>year 2020
>alright I'll lead with my Jace's Resort House Island and I'll tap it to cast Jace's Ponder
>I'll counter your Nissa's Ramp Spell with Jace's Chess Master Counterspell
>>
>>49461080

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-grixis-thermo-alchemist-28365#online

behold the magic of the internet
>>
>>49461085
Well, Jace is REALLY good at chess.
>>
>>49461080
I use a pretty similar build to
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=107605
>>
>>49456524
Honestly this is better than yugioh.

The fact all the crazy cool shit from the cartoon was jank to play with irl sucked
>>
>>49461088
>>49461099
So basically two cards make the difference?
>>
>>49461149
Yep
>>
>>49456524
Looks like their excuse to print more chase mythics
>>
>>49456424
>Want to play Standard
>Jund Superfriends is obviously the best deck
>Can only buy 1-2 walkers a week unless I wanna cut on other hobbies, which isn't gonna happen
>By the time I have it built it'll be Aether Revolt time.
>Ob Nixilis, Ruinous Path, Big Chandra, Glade, Quagmire, Marsh and 2/3 Oaths rotate in 6 months.
I'm starting to resent the new rotation.
>>
>>49461164
>Jund Superfriends
>best deck in standard

When???? Where????
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-09-16-ur-prowess/
rate my shitbrew please.
>>
>>49461174
Wait and see.
>>
Did you guys remember to get in on Cataclysmic Gearhulk early or are you gonna be the sucker that paid 3-6 times what you needed to?
>>
>>49461426
>shitty tragic arrogance on a shitty body

Nope
>>
>>49456524
This is fine by me if it means Standard's powerlevel rises.
>>
>>49461460
>A 4/5 body with a keyword for 5 is on curve
>Oh and by the way it also has a boardwipe attached to it
It's so much value that shit's just dumb. Who cares if your opponent gets to keep 1 creature? You cleared their board and got a big body on your board with a single card.
>>
>>49460087
Sour poorfag detected
>>
>>49461426
>>49461460
>Shitty Tragic Arrogance
>On a shitty 4/5 Vigilance body
>That is both Artifact and Creature
>And can be tuttored with Eldritch Evolution
>Being 5cmc means you can do so off a Matter Reshaper
Cataclysmic Gearhulk is going to be a thing in Standard, but its Eldritch Evolution the card that will spike
>>
>>49461527
Not everyone can be a buddhist or a rich bitch
>>
Can I use conspiracy take the crown cards in standard? I was gifted two boosters as a gift
>>
>>49462370
No
>>
>>49462370

>Can I use conspiracy take the crown cards in standard?

No.
>>
>>49462370
Conspiracy cards are for conspiracy only
>>
>>49462411
>>49462407
Sucks. I got this cool zombie who makes you the monarch, was planning on using with some of the zombie cards I got in innistrad
>>
>>49462467

It is too bad, but it's better this way.

They use Conspiracy to reprint cards that would break Standard clean in half.
>>
>>49462432
They can also be used in eternal formats.
>>
>>49459808
No. What made jace great was that it came down on turn 2, it could loot, and it's - could use the the things in the graveyard so even if you discarded it was almost like never discarding it at all.
Source: Somehow who hates control because of that jace.
>>
>every deck is now 90% Rares or mythics
>rotation is twice as fast
>oh and on top of that it's going to be all story cards, completely removing you from being a spellcaster and now just being a reciter of your pre-prescribed story
Where were you when standard lost all of its creativity
>>
>>49462639

>>oh and on top of that it's going to be all story cards, completely removing you from being a spellcaster and now just being a reciter of your pre-prescribed story

Hey, at least it isn't the Weatherlight Saga
>>
>ultra mythic is now a recurring thing
>>
>>49462760
>that will in no way impact standard
>or any other formats
>>
>>49462794

>An excuse to never give us any actual good reprints in any standard set ever again won't affect standard or any other format.
>>
>>49460613
Aetherworks Marvel is way more violent than Coco. It lands the big Eldrazis on the field faster than Modern Tron.
>>
>>49462874
Standard was terrible with the fetches in it.
>>
>>49462919

>Reprints = fetches
>>
>>49462900
>Aethorworks marvel
I don't see...
>Only 6 energy
>Doesn't sacrifice itself to use the effect

>6 energy to cast anything on the top 6 for free
>meanwhile on a common it's 8 energy just for 6 damage
Of course it's a fucking mythic. Fuck Wizards.
>>
>>49456524
I don't like this. No sir, not one bit. That means every card BUT walkers and legendary creatures is going to be stupidly cheap, while the walkers become even more expensive, and my legendary commanders rise in price, which I'm indifferent about, assuming they're actually good.

I just hate walkers in general. Yes, I have a whole pile, no I don't really use them. I just don`t want to have to buy a playset of $60 dollar walkers every time standard rotates just so I can play jank games at the flgs.

Standard is objectively the worst format, followed closely by modern. Limited and commander masterrace is where it's at.
>>
>>49462954
Thoughtseize and mutavault were cancer too. There's a reason they are working hard to lower standard's power level
>>
>>49456899
>3 cards worth of CMC to the face
you know, chances are it will all be lands and cheap cantrips. and even if you're hit with a bomb: better the CMC to the face than giving the opponent a bomb to cast!
a fixed 6 damage etbf would have been stronger, if not for the utility of self-milling 3 cards.
>>
>>49463049
>There's a reason they are working hard to lower standard's power level
Yes, because idiots keep defending it, and are willing to throw their money at it. I can count on one hand the number of significant EM cards. Even fewer SoI cards to be honest with you. Kaladesh has about... 8 cards I think I want, two of which will be priced out of my range because of arbitrary bullshit, and them being strong cards in a weak format.
>>
>>49463070

>chances are it will all be lands and cheap cantrips

Not really.

In a Temur Emerge shell (The most likely current standard deck for it to see play in) the average is way up there around 7-8. That's a really significant chunk of damage when you get a big creature on top AND you're playing a deck that likes to dump shit in the yard anyway.
>>
>>49463151
>running a 6 mana do nothing artifact in Temur Emerge

No
>>
>>49463049
>thoughtseize was cancer in standard

If anything it's presence in Theros to Khans made the format super balanced, diverse and fun

>great for control to live to get to late game
>great for midrange to interact with control and just be value centric
>great for burn/fast decks because your opponent shocked himself and probably played a fetch land or two

Literally fuck off. Every standard block doesn't need to neutered
>>
>>49463379

>Draw 3 or smack your opponent for an average of 8 and get a 6/6 body
>"Do nothing"

No.

Red Gearhulk easily makes it as a 2-of
>>
>>49463407
I'm glad wizards know best and doesn't pander to cancerous folks like you. Would you kindly fuck off to your legacy thread?
>>
>>49462726
Yo, Weatherlight was baller
>>
>>49463424
First of all it dilutes the strategy of go through your deck fast and ramp Emrakul. Now you do the same thing but less effective because you just have a 6 mana big guy hanging around your deck

Second it wouldn't even be that impressive. Sure in your magical christmas timmy land you'll play it and reveal 3 emrakuls on the top and jump out of your chair but realisitically? You'll probably hit a land, maybe a vessel and if you are lucky maybe a spider. I'd guess average to be like 5 damage or something. Big whoop. You almost always kill your opponent with Emrakul so why are you playing a 6 mana giant that zaps someone a bit when it isn't the decks goal.

Finally third the deck would have to go out of it's way to accommodate this trash. Every iteration of the deck is BARELY red currently. The popular red spells it plays are Kozileks Return and...oh wait that's it. And most of the time you barely even cast the thing from your hand.

You aren't gonna fucking warp your deck to play 6 mana timmy bait when you could just be more consistent at doing what the deck was already good at, Turboing out Emrakul faster then every other deck and wining on Emmies back.
>>
>>49463037
> Vintage master race
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>49463487

>Sure in your magical christmas timmy land

8 is the AVERAGE you math illiterate shitter

It's not magical chirstmas land it's literally what you can reasonably expect.

In other news, expecting to draw a copy of a 4-of in the top 15 cards of your deck has now been declared magical christmas land

>You'll probably hit a land, maybe a vessel and if you are lucky maybe a spider.

No, that's exactly what probably WON'T happen.

PROBABLY you'll hit around 8 CMC worth of stuff

>I'd guess average to be like 5 damage or something

Nope.

You could always have actually done the math, but I guess your tummy feels were just as good, right?
>>
>>49463596
Way to jump on one point super hard and ignore all the other good advice I was giving

Why exactly would you care about doming your opponent for 8 on turn 6? The deck wins through Emrakul not by playing teehee burn giants.

But sure if you wanna butcher your mana AND dilute the decks strategy then go ahead. I'm actually sure no Temur Emerge lists will run this garbage.
>>
>>49461527
>He drives a shitbox and has awful hygiene but brags about his ability to purchase depreciating assets

I've won gamedays with decks that cost half as much as the other finalist's deck. It's all about knowing how to work around the meta rather than just playing a memewalkers deck
>>
>new master pieces means standard will always be cheap and will not have broken cards reprinted in it anymore

Best move wizards has done in a long time. Commons and Uncommons are fine for reprinting but a lot of rare can warp standard too much
>>
>>49456524

I hate this. I hate it because it's them basically admitting that they don't design sets with true balance in mind (true balance = power level is as close to flat as possible). For each iteration of Standard, they have specific decks in mind, with specific interactions, and they feel like something's gone wrong if the players, god forbid it, think outside the little box they built.
>>
>>49463833

Fuck off Maro
>>
>>49463853
this is why so much shit flows through their "cracks" and fucks standard.

they have a little Echo chamber where they design a standard format, and forget about a slew of cards that would defeat their little Meta.

Collected Company went right over their heads, they had no idea it'd be good, and it fucked all their plans for standard for a year.

WoTC's R&D is so fucking rigid its insane, they usually "arent at liberty" to even explain 90% of their insane decisions.
>>
>>49456524
Marketing is a blight upon humanity.
We would be way better off and have higher quality product if that entire department or business didn't exist.
>>
>>49463859

Of all the things to blame MaRo for, you choose the thing that'll make a format cheaper for everybody but the idiots who care about rare shiny cards?
>>
>>49463151
Why isn't it called Temurge
>>
>>49463833
No, it's fucking terrible.

That means eternal players will never see effective reprints
>>
>>49463833
Personally I dislike the idea of Masterpieces

I think the novelty will wear off super fast and kind of ruin the uniqueness it had. I also hate how it'll impact limited formats with WHOOPS TURN ONE MANA CRYPT GL HF

I really doubt it's financial impact will affect the price of standard that much
>>
>>49464082

Maybe some of us don't want standard to be low-powered Midrange: The Tappening?

Maybe some of us play more than one format and want reprints that actually lower the price of eternal staples?
>>
>>49464120
Suck it up and buy your master product. Standard is not the place for those kind of reprints
>>
>>49463596
Temurge has trouble sticking to 60 cards as is. Have you seen how few lands it runs? Can't trust it enough to expect to play a 6 drop on curve.
>>
>>49464148
>standard isn't the place for reprints

Apparently the place for reprints from Wizards is

NOWHERE

Fucking Modern Masters 2 and Eternal Masters were a complete shitshow
>>
>>49464148
They don't have room to reprint every staple in those because of drafting chaff.

Standard is exactly the place to print an eternal staple every now and then as long as it fits the theme.

The fact that you enjoy a shitty, grindy format where only 5 decks are allowed to compete tells me you have atrocious taste
>>
>>49464148

>Guys I know you're upset about us never reprinting anything
>But you can always buy these 10 dollar packs and hope you hit a chase card and not some piece of awful draft-centered junk?
>Why are you complaining? You're being entitled!
>Please preorder Kaladesh.
>>
>>49463833
>damnation will be a fucking masterpiece
>wizards can say lel we reprinted it

Nah fuck you
>>
>>49464148
>Suck it up and buy your master product.

Only when you faggots but the actual Power 9 in it.
>>
>>49464260

I just want them to reprint Damnation in Un-3

The sheer fury would be marvelous to behold
>>
>>49464408

You know they're going to do something like that. If Un-3 ever gets printed, they WILL put in some random Eternal and Modern staples at some fuckoff nonsense 1-per-500-packs rarity, in a set that's otherwise illegal in every format.
>>
>>49464013
How would you sell product without marketing?
>>
>>49462900
I find that difficult to believe.
You can get a big eldrazi out on turn 3?
>>
>>49465200
By having a good product and people telling each other the product is good, faggot.
The same way sale worked before the post-industrial era
>>
>>49465330
That's just wishful thinking.

That wouldn't be competitive at all against other companies with marketing departments
>>
>>49465352
Yeah, and pacifistic civilizations can't compete with war focused civilizations.
Does that mean war is a good thing?
>>
>>49465382
Yes. War is what ended up preventing totalitarian regimes.
>>
>>49465382
>War is bad
Yeah of course, but complaining about it is not going to do anything. Same thing with complaining about marketing
>>
>>49464504

No, I mean silver border so it's not legal in constructed.
>>
>>49465200
Minecraft
>>
>>49465382
>trying to enforce black and white mentality on war.
>>
>>49465432
Minecraft was able to be successful because there weren't any games like it on the market.

There are a lot of TCG competitors for MTG.
>>
>>49465487
>There are a lot of TCG competitors for MTG.
Not really. From what I can tell MTG has close to a monopoly on western and "serious" tcgs. Anyone over the age of like 18 who isn't a weeb will not be caught dead playing pokemon or yugioh.
>>
>>49465516
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collectible_card_games

There's about 200 competitors just on that page. Yes, MTG is dominating right now, but there are too many competitors waiting for an opportunity to try to replace MTG. It just can't afford to cut down on marketing.

Also, Hearthstone has replaced MTGO has the CCG of choice when it comes to online card games. MTGO has close to zero marketing. Blizzard, on the other hand, marketed the hell out of Hearthstone.
>>
>>49465412
>>49465455
>White people
>>
>>49465606
It also helps that the interface and the program itself isn't programmed and designed by a bunch of incomptents, unlike MODO.
>>
>>49465606
RNGstone is casual and runs on smartphones
>>
>>49465606
If you go into say walmart or target, how many of those do you see?
Hell, how many of those do you see at local game stores? Not to mention a fuckload of those are dead, or not western.
>>
File: Esper Control.png (153KB, 1759x595px) Image search: [Google]
Esper Control.png
153KB, 1759x595px
Open to advice on Post Rotation Esper Control.

Come at me fellow magic players.
>>
>>49465606
Modo and hearth stone have different audiences
>>
>>49465721
turns out that coding an incredibly complicated game is difficult

>>49465736
>>49465771
Hearthstone had a harder job getting users to buy in, since you can cash out of MTG/O and you can't with Hearthstone. It still managed to do that with good marketing.

>>49465744
>MTG is a heavily marketed game that dominates its competition
>therefore, it doesn't need marketing
that's not how it works
>>
>>49465932
>Hearthstone had a harder job getting users to buy in
Anon, IT RUNS ON SMARTPHONES
>>
>>49465752
Looks pretty solid. I'd really recommend you add at least 2 Harsh Scrutiny to your sideboard to combat fast aggro decks. Dead Weight is good too, but the Scry 1 from Scrutiny is really strong.

Other than that, it looks great to me.
>>
>>49465932
>what is brand recognition
MtG has been a powerful player for a decade. They have so much more support and a very alive fanbase. Again, there is almost no alternative to what MtG provides. A more mature, non-japanese product TCG.
They don't really need much marketing. Anyone who has a slight interest in TCGs knows Magic because the only place to play them, local gaming stores, likely have a very strong Magic focus.
>>
>>49463898

I love how much they forced RB vampires meme and it turned out to be mediocre at its best.
>>
>>49466182
It doesn't matter how much brand recognition you have. You need marketing to grow. And if you're not growing, you're dying
>>
>>49456524
Sounds like a turbo-faggot. And guess what, the story behind Delver of Secrets is a thousand times more interesting than Sorin or Avacin, and a million times more interesting than the Gatewatch.

Story driven magic sucks nuts. Never forget the Weatherlight saga.
>>
>jund planeswalkers

>BUY THIS LIST
>>
>>49466251
Isn't the Weatherlight saga extremely popular?
>>
>>49464408

>reprint damnation on common in Un-3
>reach the level of butthurt never reached before in the history of a man.
>>
>>49456524
>Pump the levels of story cards
>like Walkers
>Bigger happening story cards are also mythics
Hold the fucking phone. Didn't they say that the point of mythics was to be either flashy or heavily story based, not designed to be competitive allstars? And if they're aiming to increase the power of story based cards, won't that by extension pump the levels of mythics?
>>
>>49463437
Don't you have a Siege Rhino to be turning sideways?
>>
>>49465606

Comparing Blizzard games to ANYTHING is pretty bad. Blizzdrones will eat any kind of steaming pile of shit as long as it has "made by blizzard" label.
>>
>>49466289
It's the boiling frog. Players were right to be worried when the mythic rarity came out.

Anyone with enough sense will also be worried about the new mega-mythic masterpieces. They're just there to provide alternate art for collectors and lower the price of Standard... for now. They aren't Standard legal... for now.
>>
I'm so bored of planeswalkers... Can't we get a planeswalker damnation or something like that? Aether snap would even fit well with the next Kaladesh set
>>
>>49466289

> Didn't they say that the point of mythics was to be either flashy or heavily story based, not designed to be competitive allstars?

Gee, just like Gearhulks, right?
>>
>>49466274
I'm not sure there's any way to gauge that.

Ironically, Gerrard had an absolutely awful card, which is fine by me.

I don't get the whole thing about "making planeswalkers better" when they'll just ban them if they do.

I'm cool with Dack being good though, since he's not a shoved in your face Gatewatch faggot.
>>
>>49466415
They're mythics for draft. All of the Gearhulks are huge bombs
>>
>>49463596
does you genius math formula take into account lands or is the average cmc of only the non-lands because lands are 0.
>>
File: Aerial Responder.png (173KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Aerial Responder.png
173KB, 265x370px
Do you think he'll be Standard-playable?
>>
>>49466846
If white weenies is still around possibly.
Always Watching even though he doesn't have vigilance makes hime connecting for 3 in the air with lifelink and can block on the backswing.
Major downside is that he doesn't get pumped by human support and that he'll still die to grasp of darkness, although that does mean one less grasp headed to your Thalia/Lieutenants.
>>
>>49466877
>always watching even though *he already has vigilance
Fuck typing.
>>
>>49466846
Doubt it. You need a better body than your mana cost or a strong ETB nowaday
>>
>>49464174
Conspiracy 2 had fucking berserk and fucking show and tell and serum visions and inquisition and bop, all in an unlimited print run set. Honestly I'm more hyped for the next conspiracy set than the next masters set, just because of the real print run and reasonably priced boosters.
>>
>>49467213
Sucks that it was released right before a garbage set with super mythics
>>
Ok, so Panharmonicon. Does it double ETB effects, or effects which check when something else enters the battlefield, or both? Or something else?
>>
>>49467533
both. If you have panharmonicon and Reckless Fireweaver out and an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you get two pings. If you have pan out and play cloudblazer, you get 4 life and 4 cards.
>>
>>49465752
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-09-16-esper-titans/

We went different directions.
>>
Is there Any good Sultai deck post rotation?

I dont want to be super comoetitive, but at least thee deck be good enough to made into top 4
>>
>>49467721
Play the BG graveyard deck, alive and well in a format with zero graveyard hate whatsoever. Then splash blue for I don't fucking know what.
>>
>>49467721
Sultai Emerge. Blue for deep fiend
>>
>>49467762
Any list?
>>
>>49467580

Huh, this changes my plan for Panharmonicon combo nonsense then, I was thing GW because of that one white creature that generated energy counters when another creature entered the battlefield, and green for that creature that could use energy counters to pump out 6/6s, but if Panharmonicon doubles ETB effects as well then that is more interesting.
>>
>>49466364
They're already Limited legal. The water is already bubbling and the pot is hot to the touch.
>>
>>49466877
Honestly when playing Standard humans right now single best use you can find for Thalia is to bait out removal on your real gamewinners.

If they leave her on the board you've already won.
>>
>>49467815
panharmonicon + modules + gearhulks baby
>>
>>49465310
You can get Aetherworks Marvel on turn 3, but I don't think that you could harness 6 Energy. You can get it reliably on turn 4. Casting Turn 4 Ulamog or Emrakul is brutal in Standard.
>>
>>49467906

I was planning Panharmonicon + modules, and the green Gearhulk looks like a good include in any green deck, but I was looking for ways to get ludicrous amounts of energy, including that creature that gives energy for playing lands, which lead to wonder how I could get all the lands in the deck into play - Splendid Reclamation - and then I was thinking how to set up Splendid Reclamation and the whole thing was slowly turning into a GW delirium deck.

That said, I'm now wondering if a pure artifact deck is doable? I know there's an artifact creature that's basically got an amped up version of Affinity: Artifacts that would work well.
>>
>>49466846
No but he's a limited bomb
>>
>>49456524
Why are there no comments?
>>
>>49468108
I think most people liked the interview and didn't have anything to say
>>
>>49468140
Fuck off Hasbro, adults are talking.
>>
>>49467797
use google? or maybe use your brain to brew something with those colours?
>>
>>49468063
Is it really a bomb? As in would you take it over removal? I mean, sure it can win you game on its own, but on a 10 turn clock...
>>
File: 20160922_193044.png (187KB, 629x1392px) Image search: [Google]
20160922_193044.png
187KB, 629x1392px
Please help me finish my meme deck
>>
>>49469064
2x mountains
>>
>>49456524
This is fucking awful

Imagining all the good cards just being like "Jace's Counterspell" or shit just sounds so cringey.

Also weren't mythics supposed to not be a list of standard staples?
>>
>>49469344
>Also weren't mythics supposed to not be a list of standard staples?
they never said that
>>
>>49469406
Yes they did
>>
>>49469687
source
>>
>>49469747
We want the flavor of Mythic Rare to be something that feels very special and unique. Generally speaking we expect that to mean cards like Planeswalkers, most legends, and epic-feeling creatures and spells. They will not just be a list of each set's most powerful tournament-level cards. — Mark Rosewater, The Year of Living Dangerously, June 2008
>>
>>49469344
>CFB would
>>49469406
>>49469687
>>49469747
What they said was
>Planeswalkers, most legends, and epic-feeling creatures and spells. They will not just be a list of each set's most powerful tournament-level cards.
Note though that this doesn't mean that mythics can't be powerful tournament playable cards. As long as not all tournament playable cards are mythics and/or not all mythics are tournament playable cards they have kept their word.

WotC in general, and Maro in particular, are very careful about how they word things.
>>
>>49456524
I can honestly say that if the cards I thought were awesome when I started playing had tuned out to actually be awesome I wouldn't have stuck to the game for as long as I have. Many other games that do exactly what WotC wants to achieve with this have lost my interest quickly precisely because of it, and I suspect that's not unique for me either.
>>
>>49469809
>WotC in general, and Maro in particular, are very careful about how they word things.
probably because so many players are in a rush to misinterpret their words
>>
>>49469866
This. Liliana taking out Emrakul using zombie powers is not nearly as awesome as someone sneaking in with a Confront the Unknown as a victory condition because the opponent wasn't watching their clues and let a 1/1 through.
>>
>>49456524
>>49469866
>'planned format staples' vs 'emergent format staples'

See that really bothers me, because there seems to be this trend in long term game design/management to crack down on emergent formats/gameplay, which tends to kill off interest in the game to a varying degree. I've seen it happen so much across so many different games that I've basically come to the conclusion that game designers quite often don't understand what actually makes their game fun in the 1st place.

With MtG I've very much been looking in from the outside, and what I've seen has been a cracking down on combo and control decks (two archetypes I generally prefer in card games) and a heavier focus on creature vs creature which, IMO, doesn't really work for MtG; the lack of being able to choose your targets makes it tricky (for me at least) to understand when you should and shouldn't be attacking, not to mention it makes it impossible to specifically target problematic creatures your opponent has with your creatures' attacks.
>>
>>49471520
Its no secret that the NWO effectively means 'turns them creatures sideways', no matter what they say.

And the focus on the Gatewatch takes away from the actual good thing about Magic: the world building. Magic has ALWAYS been good at this, and still is. They have ALWAYS had shit tier writing and characterization and still do.

As always, play EDH, Pauper, and Legacy, and have fun!
>>
>>49462467
standard sucks anyways, it's a money sink.
>>
>>49456424
>Rotating format
>The only cards worht something are not legal on the format
>Not control-combo straegies viable
>All the value for the season are chase mythics
>People still plays this format
At least magpipes have standards
>>
File: Robu.jpg (66KB, 664x332px) Image search: [Google]
Robu.jpg
66KB, 664x332px
Hello, guys, excuse me.

Is there any place here in 4chan in which people talk about online TCGs/CCGs, like Hearthstone or TES: Legends?

I don't know the relation of the Magic community with those games. If you guys don't like them, that's ok, but if someone knows, please answer. Google search gave me nothing.
>>
What's the best common in kaladesh?
>>
>>49456424
>beliveing control/combo should be the only viable deck
its people like you i make taxes decks for.
>>
>>49471807
/r/Spikes
>>
>>49471816
That is not pauper playable.
>>
>>49471831
>>beliveing control/combo should be the only viable deck
When did I say that? Was that just a shoddy excuse to mention you play a taxes deck?
>>
>>49471520
I really enjoy when a deck becomes popular based on a weird interaction that was unthought of or a strange combination of cards that work in the setting

It's annoying seeing Wizards puppet master the meta and it makes it less enjoyable to play in because the environment feels so safe
>>
>>49471842

I don't understand you, gentleman.
>>
>>49471890
Gremlins are .always. playable
>>
>>49471520
Sounds like you might want to play Yugioh or Force of Will. Their attacker rules allow you to target whatever is on the field.

You should force a board state where an opponent has to make Risk-Reward good or bad blocks. It's their choice to make to take a hit, waste removal, or sacrifice a piece. You should be forcing the issue and have an advantageous play to make them make decisions that will benefit you in both the the short and long term. Yes, it's tricky and makes forethought part of being aggressive as hell.
>>
>>49471929

Those interactions still happen here and there. Just not to the point that they become the go-to strategy for six months. I remember everyone and their dog trying to incorporate Caw-Blade variants into their decks.
>>
>>49466846

Dude this is so si-

>not a human

Hard pass
>>
>>49463037
I am trying to popularize and eternal superformat called "Softball" that bans

Any card (except basic lands) ever used in a top16 pro tour deck, ever.
Any card banned in any format, ever.

Really want to play Softball Commander.
>>
>>49472114
*an eternal
>>
>>49471842
There should be a Hearthstone general up at all times on /vg/ Go there.
>>
>>49456899
It will be very nice in feldon, putting the cards in the yard is almost like drawing them, and you'll be much more likely to hit big bomby creatures
>>
>>49456524
No one likes the fucking Jacetice league. Creative needs to stop sniffing their own farts and realize they're pretty ancillary and pretty goddamned mediocre. Love the flavortext like "This is a werewolf and it is attacking Avacyn's symbol, a collar." Great fucking work, dudes!

>>49469809
>"We're committed to truly epic experiences!"
nu-WotC becoming nu-Blizzard confirmed. I guess they hired too many women.
>>
>>49472318

You're trying too hard.
>>
>>49465516
>Anyone over the age of like 18 who isn't a weeb will not be caught dead playing pokemon or yugioh.

Underageb& detected
>>
>>49456838
Hope you like Jacetus League, cause this can only end in more Jacetus League.
>>
>>49472318
>>49472840
Please don’t be disrespectful of the story. You might not care but others do.
>>
>>49472178
/hsg/ resident
if you aren't a masochist don't involve yourself with /hsg/
>>
>>49471212
>Confront the Unknown as a victory condition

If a limited combat trick is anyone's victory condition then he plays a bad deck/his lgs is full on casual.
>>
>>49465516
Why would anyone care what someones hobbies are?

I'll play pokemon and if I had more disposable income I'd probably buy a top tier yugioh deck cause why not
>>
>>49474088
>disposable income
There's no such thing. Any money you don't need or actually want to spend, just save it. One day you might need it. I don't even earn that much money but I've got like £10k saved up over the last 3 years and have built multiple EDH decks, multiple Modern decks, and a Legacy deck in that time.
>>
>>49474088
Magic has sky-high aesthetic standards. Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards are embarrassingly bad looking.
>>
>>49474196
>Magic has sky-high aesthetic standards
>>
>>49471520

> and what I've seen has been a cracking down on combo and control decks

Combo is considered a mistake each time when we talk about standard environment. R/D do their best to prevent it from emerging in any standard season (all the legacy/modern cobos are based on unpredicted cards interactions. Like Ad Naus isn't supposed to dar you the whole library).

> and a heavier focus on creature vs creature which, IMO, doesn't really work for MtG

See:
>http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/1996_World_Championship_deck

Magic was always about tappening.
>>
File: Oath-of-Liliana.jpg (95KB, 1024x751px) Image search: [Google]
Oath-of-Liliana.jpg
95KB, 1024x751px
>>49474204
>outliers define a standard
epic
>>
>>49474196
>aesthetics

I don't give a fuck

If your game is fun I'll play it
>>
>>49474293
Photorealism does not mean high standards. It indicates a general lack of style and reliance on imitation.
>>
>>49473724
Homestuck is dead anon, but I dont knks what that has to do with tcgs
>>
>>49474438
A necromancer with an angels crown is not photorealistic, its simply an indicator of the quality
>>
File: potentially a LOT of damage.jpg (59KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
potentially a LOT of damage.jpg
59KB, 265x370px
>>49471816
I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up in vintage.
>>
>>49474485
There is a number of artist that do highly stylized, incredible pieces for cards. They're generally limited to a few pieces per set though, the majority is done by various digital artist with no recognisable style of their own
>>
>>49474509
Meant to (You) >>49474438
>>
>>49465752
Your manabase is shit.
Your tempo is shit.
Oaths are meh.
>>
>>49456524
hooray for marvel: the gathering
>>
>>49456524

While i did like elspeth's story and how it resembled a greek tragedy, im not ok with the inevitable "jace's pool party" or "chandra's college experimenting"
>>
File: Gideon's Adventures 1.png (40KB, 970x342px) Image search: [Google]
Gideon's Adventures 1.png
40KB, 970x342px
>>49474679
As long as we get stories that keep making Gideon greentexting possible I'm going to be a happy camper

Let's be real here, it's not like Magic storytelling declined in quality, it's always been shit
>>
>>49474810
>>
File: Gideon's Adventures 3.png (63KB, 1360x690px) Image search: [Google]
Gideon's Adventures 3.png
63KB, 1360x690px
>>49474816
>>
>>49467762
Blue for Kiora
>>
>>49463037
What's worse is they won't make Walkers and Legends better. They'll just make commons, uncommons and non-story rares even worse.
>>
>>49474293
Oath of Liliana is also an outlier.
They're in fact so bad that Liliana looks like a different person not only through the years, but on the EMA cards themselves. She's the face of the set and they can't make artists agree on what her fucking face looks like despite supposedly having an art director.

Nowadays Legend of the Cryptids and such cheap mobile games has higher technical quality artwork despite it being all weebshit and tits.
>>
>>49475118

>all the artist should paint the same

There's nothing wrong with inconsistency as long the art is stylized and individual.
>>
File: lili of the dark.jpg (532KB, 1188x1920px) Image search: [Google]
lili of the dark.jpg
532KB, 1188x1920px
>>49475118
Lili of the Dark Realms is still the best Liliana

If you consider her original art and Terese Nielsen's interpretations Liliana had features typically associated with blacks such as thicker lips and a thicker nose bridge
>>
>>49475444
>Is supposed to be some pale caucasian noble
>Looks like some half-breed pale nigress
Naw mate, naw
>>
>>49475489
Pale caucasian noble backstory was established in Origins though

Would've preferred if they kept the nignogmancer art direction desu
>>
>>49456448
They actually help to keep prices down for the rest of standard though.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/the-masterpiece-series-and-the-redistribution-of-magic-wealth
>>
>>49469064
I like you anon.

+3 mountain
-1 Aether Hub
-2 Highland Lake
+1 Island

-1 Crane
-1 Hedron Crawler
+2 Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
-1 Self Assembler (I've yet to use four)

And then there's a bit of debate here. I really like using two Ghirapur Orrery but I can respect your decision to use pay one (or less) scry two. I feel Orrery wins a game more than glassknot stabilizes one.
>>
File: 1473126929471.jpg (55KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1473126929471.jpg
55KB, 265x370px
Reminder tonight: White=Black>Blue>Green>Red for gearhulks, trade up when possible

Plan to play a two/three color deck and beware of high devotion.

Your box rare/mythic is one of several you'll have, don't build around your single shiny Combustible Gearhulk when you pull three toolcraft exemplars.

Everyone else has a shitty deck too, it's okay. Except that guy and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
File: seal.jpg (68KB, 312x445px)
seal.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
r8 my cheeky list

4 Madcap Experiment
4 Noxious Gearhulk
3 Refurbish
4 Lone Rider
3 Alms of the Vein
4 Dazzling Reflection
4 Fumigate
2 Authority of the Consuls
3 Cathartic Reunion
3 Declaration in Stone
3 Nahiri, the Harbinger
1 Needle Spires
4 Inspiring Vantage
3 Concealed Courtyard
3 Shambling Vent
3 Mountain
3 Swamp
6 Plains
>>
>>49476134

>I like to die to my gearhulk/10
>>
>>49464120

Eternal doesn't make them money and are guaranteed to die off by virtue of the list. Deal.
>>
>>49476217

>Eternal doesn't make them money

Straight up lie. One of the biggest drivers of sales is vendors opening boxes to sell singles.
>>
>>49472033
>play Yugioh

I actually did play that online for quite a bit, and I ended up seeing first hand the clusterfuck that became (literally every deck was a bastardised hybrid of aggro, combo AND control in varying degrees, see: Dragon Rulers). Problem is, playing Yugioh IRL is so damn expensive, not to mention no-one I know really plays it any more.

I also play a bit of Hearthstone, and Blizzard seems to be going down the same route as WotC for balancing: killing off combo decks when they can, nerfing control but leaving it in the game, and generally pushing aggro.

>force a board state where an opponent has to make Risk-Reward good or bad blocks

Therein lies the problem: I never seem to be able to do that. Either there's something on the field I want to get rid of, so I attack to try and force a block, but they just take the damage instead, or I end up overextending and my big swing just leaves me open and I lose tempo and eventually the game. It doesn't help that aggro plays don't really gel with my playstyle: I tend to play more defensively until I'm in a position where I'm unstoppable (hence my love of control and combo, which fit me like a glove). I'm hoping Kaladesh can make that more viable, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>49474270
>Combo is considered a mistake each time when we talk about standard environment

Except card combinations and synergies are what make any game with deck building interesting. Half the point of deck building is to look at the cards and see which ones have effects that play off each other and cause synergies and chain reactions. If you take that away, then you lose a lot of what makes CCGs and deck builders interesting.
>>
>>49474270
That deck uses MLD, which has been removed from the game. The strategy is to get your stuff out faster, then destroy the enemy's resources so that you stay ahead.
>>
>>49476358

Combo was always what kept the aggro decks in check. With control able to beat combo but struggling against fast aggro.

Midrange seems to have been born out of the weakening of both control and combo decks. Now every deck is just some variation of lots of middling efficient creatures with cards like collected company which offer more card advantage than you'll ever find in blue which can't even draw 3 for 5 anymore.
>>
set looks good enough to go all in on a box. how big of a mistake will i be making?
>>
>>49476468

Mid range makes me die inside. It just looks like a deck that shouldn't work; that a more specialised deck would outclass it in its chosen specialisation and thus win.

As for the combo-aggro-control trinity, I thought it was the other way round? Aggro kept combo in check, because it was generally faster and overwhelmed the defenses, control beat aggro because they had answers to everything aggro could do, and then combo beat control because their win condition was something that wasn't easily countered/board wiped away, and sniping out individual pieces wasn't effective because combo decks were built with a degree of redundancy, so essential combo pieces weren't 1 ofs.
>>
>>49476468

>Aggro
>Needing to be kept in check in the age of no good burn and midrange creatures with giant asses
>>
>>49476605
I love this board.
>>
>>49476468
>Combo was always what kept the aggro decks in check
What combo decks actually do is set a clock on the aggro decks. 'You have to be able to goldfish me by turn four or I win' and so on. So what actually happened was that slower aggro decks and midrange were hated out when combo was strong, and only the hyper aggressive decks could possibly compete.
>>
>>49476649

Keep it platonic though, this is a blue board.
>>
>>49476605
>Aggro kept combo in check
They kept each other in check, more or less. Combo generally has no ways to stop an aggro decks onslaught and aggro has no way to disrupt the combo, so it comes down to which of them can go off the fastest most consistently.

>control beat aggro
No, the other way around. Aggro beats control because they can generally overwhelm the slower control decks before they can establish control over the board.

What beats aggro is generally slower aggro decks with slightly bigger creatures, i.e. midrange. This is why many aggro decks often pack midrange creatures in their sideboard. You want to be fast when you face control, and you want to be slow when facing other aggro decks.

In the control vs control matchup on the other hand the slowest of the two is more often than not the one who wins.

>combo beat control
This depends a lot on the meta but is generally true. Since control takes so long to win combo decks often get a lot of time to win through whatever hate cards they might have brought.
>>
>>49476834

Fair enough. That said, all these interesting facts about various deck match ups are incredibly interesting, and I can't understand why anyone would think pushing mid range would be better. Like I said, mid range working against everything makes me die inside, though I get that it can be a useful sideboard option against aggro decks, but it should have the same weaknesses overall that aggro decks have when facing non-aggro decks IMO.
>>
>>49473566
>dnt bash my oc guiz muh fee-fees
story is trash. deal with it or don't. we don't care.
>>
File: IMG_20160924_000704.jpg (292KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160924_000704.jpg
292KB, 1080x1350px
Pretty happy
>>
>>49476883
Midrange automatically becomes pushed when it's natural predator--control--is taken out of the equation. There's little reason to play aggro in a format where the type of deck that beats aggro can run rampant. That is until the midrange decks starts to go over the top of each other and start to become almost as slow as control decks.

But then you also have other deck types that we haven't gone into detail about, such as aggro-control and tempo.
>>
File: 1338671697528.jpg (47KB, 231x250px)
1338671697528.jpg
47KB, 231x250px
>>49475665
>expedisterpieces are your tax return for paying into the standard set cycle
>everyone that plays pulls sellable ghost rare foil that sells for a quarter of their deck's total retail value
i want to fight this person in thunderdome
>>
>>49476938
>it's natural predator--control--is taken out of the equation

And that right there bugs me, because I have this nagging feeling control keeps getting taken out of the equation because it's "unfun". I get the rationale there, but it needs to exist to maintain the natural balance. It's like an ecosystem with one predator removed; you end up with loads of rabbits everywhere and it becomes a massive problem.
>>
>>49476938
I feel as though control isn't suffering, nor aggro necessarily, at least as far as KLD is concerned. Burn is garbage but who knows what could happen in an artifact block? I don't think we're doomed to midrange the gathering quite yet
>>
>>49476901
give it to me anon, you don't need it
>>
>>49477038
>I feel as though control isn't suffering
I don't think so particularly either. The days of Draw-Go Control are definetly over in Standard, but we still see other forms of control decks all the time, even if the line between a control deck and a superslow midrange deck sometimes is quite blurry.
>>
File: Image (71).png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (71).png
125KB, 223x311px
>this is one of the best burn spell in standard
>>
>>49476989

Goddamn Anon, control is well and alive. The only "control archetype" that got removed from the game is the denegerate draw go archetype.

The problem with the last standard season is collected company. Bant decks made up to 40% of meta and they're about to die and make some space.
>>
Can one of the Planeswalker deck be fixed for FNM competitive?

The nissa one looks pretty lame, but Chandras eck have potential 2bh.
>>
sultai emerge

is it any good?

how fast will the new standard be?
>>
File: 1472744438210.png (260KB, 433x408px) Image search: [Google]
1472744438210.png
260KB, 433x408px
>watching a stream of a early Kaladesh prerelease
>Some guy vs some girl
>Guy has a blue/white flyer deck with his best card being a Panharmonicon and trying to abuse a Cloud blazer, Puzzlenots, the blue tapper and fabricate spells
>Girl has a UB control deck with Nox Gearhulk, Demon of Dark Schemes, Aethersquall Anicent, counters and control cards
>Goes to game three
>Guy eventually wins by casting Shrewd Negotiation, taking the girls Demon for a servo token.
>Guy uses the demon to crew a Aradara Express and attack for game
>People in the stream complain about how the guy won by taking one of her better cards because he couldn't pull his own
>>
>>49478428

the short answer: no.

The long answer: Just no. The deck filled with bad cards doesn't stand a chance against goodstuff.decs. The intro deck chandra herself is unplayable.
>>
>>49478538
I don't think they were complaining about that. I think they were talking about how poorly the girl played.
>>
>>49472114
Sounds absolutely awful
>>
>>49478768
mtg rednecks always making the game less attractive for women.
No wonder why most of them are single fucks
>>
>>49474086
You try thinking of obscure things to win with when it's going to be Chandra for days.
>>
>>49465752
I feel like you don't need 3 main deck Kalitas as a control deck. If you go to 2 you can free up a slot, or even put the 3rd copy in the board.
>>
>>49477132
Uw is back for now. between jace unsubstantiate revdrifter hoverdwarf stormcrow2 and dovin baan there are finally enough cards for azorius to get shit done.
>>
>>49479291
Why UW? RW looks like a better control deck since your gearhulks are boardwipes and card advantage.
>>
>>49474536

How would you improve the manabase?
>>
>>49479637
the red gearhulk is not card advantage.
It's an unpredictable lava axe.
>>
>>49479637
You cant get an etb effect if its bounced on the stack, and taigobot can do a damn good impersonation of snap+cryptic.
>>
>>49477132
no, this /tg/, if it's not pure draw go it's midrange.
If it's even 5% slower than the fastest aggro decks, it's just a 20% faster midrange deck.

MtG is midrange the tappening, and we will define or ignore decks in order to make it so.
>>
>>49474810

Tamiyo took one look at that group and dodged a bullet
>>
>>49479790
Remand isn't a control card. Remove the draw and it isn't even a card.
>>
>>49480024
No anon unsubstantiate is a balanced timewalk. You're not countering their spell you're trying to find the most important play on your opponents turn and neuter it while also having the option of getting your own etb creatures a second time.
>>
>>49475444
that art is absolutely fucking awful
>>
>>49480074
I have never in all my time playing Magic heard someone saying Unsummon is good because you can bounce your own creatures with it.

What the fuck happened to Standard when I turned my back?
>>
>>49480161
Blue didnt have good creatures, its been creatures the tappening for years now and blue has never been worse.
>>
>>49476005
>anything better than the greenhulk
haha no
>>
File: hardcore2.jpg (61KB, 590x320px)
hardcore2.jpg
61KB, 590x320px
So as an aside I'm literally at a bdsm party now with two girls making out and im on my phone starting kaladesh and just looking forward to the preRelease tomorrow.

What has my life become?
>>
>first prerelease that I actually want to do
>working until close tonight
>even if I get out before midnight I still work the next day
>>
>>49480512
>tfw bunch of friends going to prerelease but got no money because I just bought new glasses

I feel you bro. Hopefully I can go to the aether revolt one
>>
>>49480349
one where you have terrible phone etiquette. Put it down and interact with the people around you.

If you're feeling the need to indulge in geek over sex, just find one of the other geeks there. It's bdsm party, there will be plenty of other geeks.
>>
>>49480571
I don't like anyone around me :(
>>
>>49480651
then leave. Don't stay at parties you don't like anyone at.

Unless you're waiting for someone, in which case your phone etiquette is completely appropriate.
>>
>>49480349
Orgys suck and people suck, hopefully you can find a qt who likes to be gagged but from the sounds of it, its not going so well.
>>
>>49480678
The party is at my house ...

I could go into my room but id feel even more of a splergelord
>>
>>49480833
>The party is at my house ...
Why is there a bdsm party in your house ?

Yes, this is really interesting. Also, my prerelease is tomorrow I don't have anything better to do
>>
>>49480833
>>49480851
why is there a bdsm party where you don't like anyone there at your house?
why would you have any sort of party at your house in which you don't like anyone.
>>
>>49480349

>yugioh has card games on motorcycles
>mtg has card games at leather orgies

A better marketing stunt than wizards had done in the last decade
>>
>>49480833
>host bdsm party
>get bored and shitpost on 4chan

I can honestly believe this. How did you get that organised?
>>
>>49480875

Kitchen table afterparty of course. We are waiting for the threesome to get off said table first, though.
>>
>>49480913
So there was a dinner at your house and it turned to group sex at the end ?
>>
>>49480937
More like casual sex first then casual magic
>>
>>49480974
Lucky you
Well, if you were interested, you'd be lucky to participate in such a thing
>>
>>49480913
did you just give a general invite to an afterparty and the people who showed up weren't the ones you wanted?

The more kinda boring and slapped together this is becoming the more I believe this is real. I was about 50/50 at first, but I totally buy this now.
Don't feel too weird, I've head lengthy conversations about BSG while waiting for a partner at a kink event. Good times.
>>
>>49480880

Do you Catan?
>>
>>49481014
It's my room mate/ partners party she invited them I'm into the community but it's mostly her friends.

I'm just kinda a nerdy introverted shut in at heart , socialising drains me at the best of times had a long day at work and just wanted to veg out \ shit post\not socialise and do kink but if I avoid people I'm being an asshole.

Granted I'm typing this while hiding in the toilet for the third time. On the bright side a girl got hot wax poured on her ass by another lady and she had a pretty good ass. Although ive had sex with her so some of the magics gone.
>>
>>49481149
Get some hot ass anon, the magic cards can wait. If you go too many times people might think youre jerking off alone.
>>
>>49481188
The only person I could and have gotten ass from tonight is a child sex abuse victim who after a few dates told everyone I was using her for sex. Ironically because she was pissed off I wasnt having sex with her ( as I wanted to try to show her she had value beyond her vagina) , so I stopped seeing her... So I'll pass..

Best sex I've ever had though. Some stereotypes are true.
>>
Playing bant humans because I only have two more fnms to meme
>>
>>49481370
Playing G/W humans because I only have another 2 rotations to meme.
>>
So how would one go about cheesing the ever loving hell out of Panharmonicon, and possibly making some kind of horrific super combo in the process? I'm definitely thinking using the modules at the very least, but where do you go next?
>>
>>49481478
Panharmonicon+ Electrostatic pummler+ larger than life.

Pump it with the spell then use its activated ability twice and swing for 20 trample damage. Kek

Okay actually sucks with the Panharmonicon but the pummler is nuts. Anybody who has read the story of the kings rice gambit should know that.
>>
File: 1474411105835.png (401KB, 978x972px)
1474411105835.png
401KB, 978x972px
>>49479859
>>
>>49475519
>>49475489
>>49475444
In what fucking country does this look like a black person?

On second thought, nevermind.
>>
Aggro is dead because Combo is dead.
Control decks can just pack removal all day long and never worry, because every wincon is a creature or a Planeswalker.
Midrange preys on aggro naturally, playing aggro in Standard basically shoves you in a position where every deck is a bad match.
Kaladesh won't help Aggro, Aetherworks Marvel is a far nastier than Collected Company. There is no way to way to empty your opponents Energy Pool or preventing it from your opponent to turn it sideways outside blue. Ulamog reliably turn 4 is way more cancerous than Company.
>>
>>49482590
>"reliably"
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.