[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 38

File: 1398480193354.png (17KB, 678x654px) Image search: [Google]
1398480193354.png
17KB, 678x654px
>Alien communism edition

>https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
>>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
>>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
>>Forgeworld Book index
>http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
>https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>Secret rules database, only for new shit that's mising above, don't spread it around.
>https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>previous thread >>49425006
>>
>>49435546
I'm working on "cleaning up" the 40k tactics, and was wondering /tg/'s opinion.

Do we want to link the stuff by template, similar to how Battlecollege has a sidebar for WMH?

Do we want to create "general" tactics pages for certain Special Rules? (Ex: How to use & how to Counter Hit & Run?), or for understanding "Power Formations?"

Etc?
>>
>>49435617
I like the sidebar, the issue is whether it works for 1d4 in general, not just the wargame section.
>>
WHERE'S THE TRANSPORT + FLIER /tg/ YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE A TRANSPORT + FLIER!
>>
>>49435764
I heard you can take IG shit; you can probably take one of theirs.

If not, this is supposed to be a 2 week release, might not be leaked yet.
>>
>>49435764
its a multi-week release. Calm the fuck down
>>
>>49435764
It's right there you
you
Double xeno
>>
The Emperor goes "fuck it" and sends Russ instead of Gulliman after Lorgar. How much everything does this fix?
>>
>>49435764
Is step four

First we must fight bourgeois oppressors with knife and stubber and grind their warmachines to a halt with our blood and bones.
>>
the fact GW conflates communists with subversive anti-human alien termites is a wonderful thing
>>
Power tool wielding hybrids when?
>>
File: 1.jpg (336KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
336KB, 1280x800px
>>49435764
You must fight and claim the engines of labor for yourself
>>
>>49435855
>TFW that's the new Repressor and Arbites release is hot on their heels.
>>
>>49435809
>Wolves suicide themselves vs the Word Bearers.
>Ultramarines are left alone, stronger than ever and barely bloodied during the Heresy
>Gulliman and the Ultramarines is sent for Magnus instead Russ and the Wolves, because their numbers being too depleted from the Word Bearers
>Gulliman doesn't believe Horus's change of orders.
>Meets with Magnus. Brings the Sons peacefully to Terra.
>Emperor leaves Magnus to man the Golden Throne instead of Malcador.
>Malcador is still around.

I rate noblebright/grimdark
So no go
>>
>>49435831
I thought it was comparing them more to radical Christians than to commies.
>>
Do the GS cults know they will be eaten when the Nids arrive or are they deluded?
>>
Not too long ago, a newbie to 40k asked if there were any Space Marine chapters that fit the "Space Russkie" archetype more than others, the same way the Ultramarines are Space Graeco-Romans, the White Scars Space Mongols, the Crimson Fists Space Spaniards, etc.

However, there really wasn't anything that fit the mold. True, you could probably run a very "Sleeping Bear" Space Wolf army I guess, and the Imperial Fists did have Chapter Master Vladimir Kulich, but beyond that, it's mostly the Imperial Guard that get the Russkie Hats.

/tg/ has created several homebrew chapters of note. From the Brotherhood Of The Gauntlet being analogues to "Golden Age Medieval Islam" Space Marines, to the "Screaming Eagles" being the most AMERICA! of Space Marines...

...what's stopping us from making an army of Space Russians? Other than deciding on what their specialization would be, that is. Would they be a more "medieval" image of armored heavy cavalry archers (Space Boyars or so), or would they have an unhealthy fascination with Heavy Weapons ("Who Touch Sasha?")
>>
>>49435894
Some do some don't varies with the cult.
>>
>>49435873
>Horus reports to the Emperor that Guilliman refuses to do as ordered
>Emperor sanctions Horus to do whatever is necessary to bring the, now two, fuckups under control at any price.
>Magnus goes full Daemon and Guilliman goes full veg a lot earlier.
>>
>>49435881
How did you get that impression? Sure, there is a bit of religious diction in the cultists words, but that same type of discourse isn't uncommon in communisim as well, just with the state in place of a deity.
>>
File: 1470655952078-tg.png (2MB, 1400x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1470655952078-tg.png
2MB, 1400x1095px
I hope we get an Arbites release after this. I want to ally them with my Inquisition/Scion army.
>>
>>49435897

>...what's stopping us from making an army of Space Russians?

The IG already exists.
>>
>>49435913
>>Horus reports to the Emperor that Guilliman refuses to do as ordered
Not possible. If that was to occur, horus changing the orders would soon be revealed to the emperor, which fucks over the plan for the heresy. Plus, why would magnus betray robot gilla monster, who just decided to take him alove and peacefully, fall to chaos for apparently no reason, and then join horus, the guy who ordered for the sons and magnus to be killed, a change of orders magnus would most certainly be aware of?
If anything, we'd see the sons and ultras teaming up against the forces horus sent against the ultras.
Which would actually be pretty cool.
>>
>>49435881
They are an oppressed working class who rebel against the Imperial bourgeois
>>49435926
>there is a bit of religious diction in the cultists words
There's A LOT of religious fanaticism in GCs. ISIS wishes they could be on that level of crazy
>>
>>49435913
>>49435982
Shit, I completely misunderstood that last point.
Still, no reason for him to go deamon. Plus a ultras and sons team up would be a force to be reckoned with, not something that would cause girlyman to go full veg by losing.
>>
>>49435993
>There's A LOT of religious fanaticism in GCs. ISIS wishes they could be on that level of crazy
Yes, but nothing that seems paticularlly christian in nature, as far as I can tell
>>
>>49435855
Credit where it's due, that trailer was pretty good and got the hype juices flowing for this release.
>>
>>49435993
They're Evangelical.
>>
>>49435546

Yeah, but which brand of communism are we talking about and how it is different from Tau? Stalinists, Maoists, Leninists, Troskyst...
>>
>>49435831

>One single mention to labor.
>Communist.
>>
>>49436016
Well you can look at the Tyranids as God and the Patriarch as Jesus and they need to purge the unclean for when the fated day comes and the world is cleansed.
>>
>>49436030
They're all scum that need to die for the god-emperor of mankind.
>>
>>49436030
Patriarchal communism
>>
>>49436080
Not really seeing anything christian here. Muslim extremists ar the killy ones, Christian extremists are converty.
>>
>>49436071
>whole speech is about the workers rising up against their rulers
>one mention
They're commies.
>>
>>49435982
It is possible. It's not like he has to be sincere when reporting the the Emperor, just make shit up. Or even better, don't; he holds the same position in the military as the Emperor as War Master, he doesn't have to seek confirmation on orders anymore.
>>
>>49436080
>Christians secretly want to kill everyone, it's the same as all religions!
*tips fedora*
>>
looking forward to the new vechile. my hate of the chimera may soon fade looks like a taurox second attempt. currently thinking about transporting my imperial/punk armys around in fliers thou.
>>
beside buying a bunch of plastic dinosaws to base stuff off or buying a bunch of firetrucks and orking them up what other 40k hacks exist beside obvious ones.?
>>
>>49436135
Well MODERN Christian extremists aren't too bad, except for those Westboro baptists crazies who are only held back by fear of repercussions.

It's the same with any group of people who believe a particular thing, if they are relatively small in number or their actions are policed heavily, then they wont do shit out of fear. But when they grow in strength they get braver.

Just look at the Crusades for what uncontrolled Christian shitters can do.
>>
>>49436194
does buying a wall of maryters and cutting it up so you can use it as defence lines count .. theres a army list possible in crusade imperialus that gives you like 52 defence lines on the board or some thing crazy. basically build your own zone mortalis list. + mass guard.
>>
>tfw browsing tyranid models when mum comes to talk to me and tells me my posture looks like that model
>It's a fucking genestealer
>>
>>49436194
Here's a 40k hack: Stop being poor.
>>
>>49436217
I guess building zone mortalis out of plastic downpipe is pretty hack.
>>
>>49436198
Christians in antiquity to early-mid medieval times were extremely converty.
>>
>>49436156

It sounds more like the typical christian cult vs the corrupt and faithless Roman patricians.
>>
Why do people claim the Night Lords books are "good" when they're about aimless edgelords?
>>
>>49436071
Commies are subtle and decietful bastards. That's how they'll get ya
>>
>>49436238

No shit. Else, it would have died out like any tiny cult.
>>
File: Hybrid_1.jpg (119KB, 650x355px) Image search: [Google]
Hybrid_1.jpg
119KB, 650x355px
>>49436232

Join us brother and accept the light of the Hive Mind into your heart.
>>
>>49436194
Go to your local store/party group and start stealing their models and selling on ebay

You might also take dices, "borrowing" codexes and do not returning them etc.

Then you can start your Tau army
>>
>>49436194
There are some cheap 3rd party guardsmen models
>>
>>49436268
It wasn't a "tiny cult" during 11th century.
>>
>>49436232
Kek,time to purge the xeno
>>
>#BlackLivesMatter is really a genestealer cult
now it all makes sense
>>
>>49436198
The crusades were a defensive action,from what /his/ says
>>
>$40 for 5 models that cost 7 points apiece

Whatever these Metamorph things are they better be worth fielding. Otherwise it's time to buy up all the Overkill boxes I can.
>>
>>49436309
Admech Necrons ... Dwarf Tau and maybe skaven nids are all the hacks I can think of. Dino elder/race or ORks loot / orks dino are the main ones done thou. I guess lots of people do guards man hack with weird company mini but that's the main citadel I collect. next uber GW hack I'm considering is stormcast SM mk3 hybrid armor with swappable sholders/weapon arms. but not sure if that pure heresy. the idea of having a sorta generic plated army you could just leave in a display cabnet endlessly fighting at the portal under the thrown and be used in aos or 40k sound like a bit of a uber hack. but you would have to build your mk3 with head and body and separate arms and chest like in the new kits. building stormcast as like sister of battle golums is another good idea I think.
>>
>>49435913
This^

Horus was literally the Warmaster, everything he says is as if the Emperor said it. Guilliman has no reason to doubt him and no authority to override him.
>>
>>49436441
Patriarch Soros with Open Borders for xenos policy.

European-muslim hybrids sabotaging in europe waiting for ISIS to come - damn, too much /pol/ now i want my gcult even more. Get hype
>>
also so like theres genestealer cultists chaos cultists and then militia and cultists. one being nid era modern 40k one being semi old era CSM 40k and one being 30k era. do you think at some point CSM is going to become more "historic" than nids and genestealers and just no longer be the main enemy and that will all sorta become a 30k history lesson thing. some thing about the CSM update is spooky like its becoming a chapter of SM rather than its own thing (Long long term.)
>>
>>49436080
You can look at nids as donald trump and the cults as pepe
>>
>>49436198
>Just look at the Crusades for what uncontrolled Christian shitters can do.
>thinking the Crusades were an unprovoked assault and not a defensive retaliation

The great Islamic expansion wars is what your looking for. That was real convert by the sword shit.
>>
I mean like ultimately Genestealer ... Chaos Renegades and Ork Looters all do about the same thing to imperium. how could you make universal Infested/corrupted/looted vechiles of the imperium?
>>
>>49436525
because sure theres some cross over between genestealer and Chaos lootage being allculty but not so much ork. would you have to go retro space ork. what would a ork creapy cult writing look like. I'm guessing some thing like bonespliters. or are orks just 2dumb to cult.
>>
>>49435855
I don't know why, but I'm digging that vehicle. I really want that for my IG
>>
>>49435873

You forget it was the Word Bearers' fault that Horus even fell in the first place.
>>
>>49436523
The Crusade against the Uyammid and SOME of the actions in Eastern Europe were good, but the rest was just pointless killing and looting.

The People's crusade was just a fuckup from start to finish and the actual crusade that followed did more damage to the Byzantines than the Muslims.
>>
>>49436547

A distinct facet of the Ork greenstealers is that they tend to like orks more than tyranids, as in the tyranid hive mind, master of all genetics, is INCAPABLE of breeding out the orkiness, this leads to greenstealer cults actually fighting back or corrupting the tyranids who've come to eat them.
>>
>>49436503
no, chaos is the greatest evil
>>
>>49436609
>pointless killing and looting

killing and looting was the point
>>
>>49436609

Nothing wrong with asking for some "spiritually uplifting" amount of gold.
>>
>>49436458
Mate, Stormcasts are larger than Terminators, much less MkIII.
>>
File: Disappointed-Meme-Face-22.jpg (51KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed-Meme-Face-22.jpg
51KB, 1152x864px
>>49436609
>YFW the 4th crusade gets to Constantinople, jewel of the world
>decides to sac the city
>sets off the major decline of the Byzantine empire

The first few were pretty solid motivation wise, the rest were just profiteering from warfare as usual.
>>
>>49436198
>2016
>still claiming the crusades were horrible unprovoked wars caused by Christians and not defensive actions against the muslim expansions
Please learn history before you try and speak about it.
>>
>>49436609
>but the rest was just pointless killing and looting.
It's war. That's how it goes. But how does the actions of the soldiers lie at the feet of Christianity? By that logic, anything or anyone to ever engage in war is bad.

>>49436745
That's why you never trust the Venetians. God damn peninsula jews.
>>
>>49436198
>It's the same with any group of people who believe a particular thing, if they are relatively small in number or their actions are policed heavily, then they wont do shit out of fear. But when they grow in strength they get braver.
So why are tiny fringe groups like WBBC doing crazy shit, while the Catholic Church isn't, even though it's the largest denomination in the world, larger than any country, and has members making up many high ranking postions throughout the world? That would seem to disprove your theory.
>>
>>49435873
>Wolves suicide themselves vs the Word Bearers.
Even Wolves are better than the shitiest legion, word bearers are shit and would be cutted to smittens by the Wolves, I mean the fucking word bearers have no fucking redeemable things before chaos and manage to fuck things at calth even with such upper hand, they would had just been destroyed if they were forced to face Wolves by their own.

I just fucking hate those guys, I'm more of an iron warrior if I were to choose a traitor legion.
>>
>>49436897
>Wolf fags actually believe this
>After losing all of their major conflicts in the HH

Man, Wolf fags are just the worst...
>>
Hi guys, I'm not sure that this is the right place but I was looking into starting an Ork army (yeah, I know) and I wanted to ask if getting 2 start collecting, 2 truks and a warboss was a solid base to start with. Any ideas?
>>
>>49436897
>I just fucking hate those guys, I'm more of an iron warrior if I were to choose a traitor legion.
Then what's your loyalist legion?
>>
>>49436961

Word Bearers don't have all the sorcerous bullshit stockpiled like the Thousand Sons did.

What's more troubling to me is that everyone thinks they're the weakest legion when they clearly aren't. Sorcery is bullshit OP hax and we all know it.
>>
>>49436989

Trukk mobs are not great, neither are trukks themselves. You use them for delivering/protecting stuff like Tankbustas or Mega Armored Nobz, but you don't need very many.
>>
>>49436897
Word Bearers fucked nothing up at Calth.
They "lost" because they weeded out the hot-blooded in their Legion, and because they killed in a ritualistic manner. Everything happened as planned to bring forth the Ruinstorm.
Get fucked, Furfag
>>
>>49436897

>Wolves fail to kill Magnus
>Even with Sisters of Silence
>Custodes Support
>After magnus purposely sabotaged his own defenses and abandoned his legion

Wolves are the worst.

The word bearers were the most efficient planet takers at the end of the heresy, fucked up the Ultramarines royally with only half the numbers, summon demons before marines even understand the concept. Have an insanely massive fleet. Huge numbers.

Wolves are fucked 10 ways to sunday, Its a shame Angron went fucking nuts because his replacement "executioner" is pretty goddamn awful.
>>
>>49435864
By fuck that would be glorious. Two of the coolest factions in 40k.
>>
>>49437124
I'd love more T3 4+ factions.
>>
>>49435913
>Horus calls out guilliman for insubordination
>Task force made of to engage the renegades
>Emperor children, dead guard, world eaters and night lords engage and destroy both because suddenly flesh changes
>Instead of calth the warmaster ambush raven guard with iron warriors and alpha legion at deliverance
>Blood angels get lost in the warp because there's no beacon in ultramar to guide them and finally fall to khorne
>Ultramarine close their borders and forsake the imperium
>Without ultramarines and raven guard to keep the traitors busy the alpha legion engage white scars and aid the traitor elements of scars
>Surviving scars join warmaster
>Russ is killed along the space Wolves with combined world eaters, dead guard and Emperor's children
>The lion is forced back to Caliban earlier thanks to alpha legion
>Luther kills the lion after the rest of traitor forces join the battle to aid Luther faction
>Iron hands and salamanders are pushed to almost destruction because now there are less loyal forces
>Daemon warped thousand sons, world eaters, blood angels, white scars, iron warriors, alpha legion, night lords, dead guard and sons of Horus invade an extremely depleted iron hands, salamanders and a full force of imperial fists
>There is no help coming this time
>Horus wins on Terra and then moves to ultramar
>Ultramar ultimately falls
>Chaos wins
Great you fuck up everything
>>
>>49436158
Even then, putting out an order to kill guilliman and magnus will only fuck up horus' plan even more. Unlike magnus, roubute has other primarchs who like him, namely sanguinus and dorn. It's doubtful they'd automatically turn on guilliman, and would either side with him or at the very least get confirmation from emps. So this situation either ends up with horus' plan being revealed, or spiraling into a schism much like the heresy, but with horus being even more fucked, since he has very little control over the situation, hasn't made all the pacts with chaos yet, is still technically on the emperor's side, and can't manipulate his enemies into major traps like the drop site massacre. Plus his enemies definitely include the ultras at mostly full strength and the legion made up of fucking space wizards, and most likely include the fists, the bangles, and possibly a few others.
As far as I can tell, any move he makes leaves horus fucked. If the ultras were sent to deal with the 1k sons, horus is basically garunteed to lose.
>>
>>49437175

Its Death Guard you fucking ape.
>>
>>49437175
It was meant for this guy>>49435873
I totally agree with>>49435913
Magnus was a Tzeench pawn anyways, connecting him to the golden throne would probably unleashed a daemon invasion anyways
>>
>>49437175
>>49437183

When did Horus turn traitor with wiped out Word Bearers again?
>>
how's this look for a beginners Dark Eldar list?

Realspace Raiders Detachment (1246pts)

HQ

>Archon (155pts)
Huskblade, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow field, Splinter Pistol, The Armour of Misery

Elites

>4xIncubi (150pts)
>Venom
Chain-snares, 2xSplinter Cannon

Troops

>2x10 Kabalite Warriors (2x195pts)
Splinter cannon
>Raider
Disintegrator cannon, Aethersails, Nightshield, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks

Fast Attack

>Razorwing Jetfighter (150pts)
2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missile, Splinter Cannon

>2x3 Reavers (2x63pts)
Cluster caltrops

>5 Scourges (120pts)
4 Haywire Blasters

Heavy Support

>Ravager (155pts)
3xDark Lance, Aethersails, Nightshield, Shock Prow
>>
>>49437175
You seem to be forgetting that the burning of prospero is one of the first events in the heresy. As soon as horus declares the full strength ultras traitors, he now ensures that they are coming for him, rather than being ignorant of the start of the heresy and closing off their borders.
Instead they're smack dab in the middle of the imperium, at full strength, with 1k son allies and have a major bone to pick with horus. If anything, this forces horus to commit even more troops to deal with the ultras, not less.
>>
>>49437234
I just assumed that we were assuming the same general course of events happened, just with the wolves and word bearers having less numbers, and the ultras being sent after the sons.
>>
>>49437307

The premise is "Emperor just up and sends his executioner instead of chastising Lorgar then leaving him to stew".

Guy who started this topic seemed to be suggesting he thought it would fix everything.

If nothing else, there probably would be less traitors in the long run without the firey demagogues.
>>
File: 1449379222948.jpg (73KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449379222948.jpg
73KB, 720x720px
>>49437003
Imperial fists, the only true loyal sons of Terra
>>
>>49437003
Ultramarines.
>>
Is it better to expand my Tzeentch daemons with more tzeentch daemons or branch out into CSM or Nurgle?
>>
>>49437398
Yeah, the blood angels were never really loyal.
>>
File: 1462763241502.gif (814KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1462763241502.gif
814KB, 300x225px
>>49436961
>Word bearers
>Not the push overs of chaos
You're more delusional than the furfags that believe Bjorn is going to be a character in the HH box
>>
>>49437477
DONT YOU FUKKEN SAY THAT ABOUT MA BOI SANGUINIUS. HE WAS A BEAUTIFUL ANGEL WITH SAINTLY SOFT HAIR AND SOULFUL EYES AND CREAMY SKIN. HE *DIED* FOR THE EMPEROR IN THE MOST HORRIFFIC WAY POSSIBLE AND YOU DARE CLAIM HE WASNT LOYAL

DICKS OUT FOR SANGUINIUS.
>>
>>49436135
IRA
3/10 made me respond
>>
>>49437094
>Much objectives
>W-w-we aren't shit, we did what we planned, even if it looks like we lost more than what we actually gained
Word bearers fags on suicide watch!
>>
>>49435809
If the ultramarines hadn't been spanked at the beginning of the heresy, the heresy would have stopped halfway through when guilliman showed up with a quarter million ultramarines to kick the shit out of Horus.

There's a reason that Horus made sure to make the ultramarines paranoid and defensive at he beginning of the heresy.
>>
>>49437509
Look, I'm just saying, if I HAD to fuck a primarch...
>>
>>49437502
They're loyal to chaos and worship it, the only pushing over that takes place is the immortal demon soldiers pushing your furry shit in
>>
Anyone have the imgur link for the angels blade formations?
>>
>>49437530
Opening any rift into the material realm is a potentially infinite gain for chaos.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 292x300px
>>49437552
It would be Perty.
>>
>>49437096
>Wolves fail to kill Magnus
>Magnus had to be Deus exed to survive
Sure thing if it makes you feel better, how does it feel that alpha legion actually launched a successful invasion at fenris and the thousand shits are probably going to be just adjutants for a more successful legion?
>>
>>49436444
It might be $40 for 10
>>
>>49437255
No.

Roboute has no idea Horus declaring Magnus excommunicati traitoris is the first act in his rebellion. If the Ultramarines do not follow the Warmasters orders, it is within his right to declare them insubordinate.
>>
>>49437622
Except the thousand sons DID invade Fenris, and kick off the slow death world Russ's line (which is a shame, because while Russ himself might be a shithead, his legion is cool).
>>
>>49437658
Guilliman never really trusted Horus. No way he'd axe a legion without hearing it straight from the Emperor or Malcador or without seeing them do something traitorous.
>>
>>49437614
Russ' probably up to some real kinky shit tho.
>>
>>49436444
>>49437627

Or twelve, like the Deathwatch Overkill amount. Considering a box of Termagants or Hormagants comes with 12 models, that's not exactly far fetched.
>>
>>49437692
You seem to be mistaking trust and loyalty. You do not have to trust your superior officer, but you do have to follow orders. That's why martial courts exists.
>>
File: 1458449745319.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458449745319.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>49437595
>Opening any rift into the material realm is a potentially infinite gain for chaos.
>No one outside the astartes and Eldar remember that shit and not many long after effects remained
>That big storm only bid time for the ultramarines to regain forces and force Horus to desperate measures that ultimately led him to his demise and the defeat of chaos
Who would have guessed that the word bearers were the reason behind the imperial victory
>Word bearers
>Not shit legion
>MFW
>>
>>49437552
Buddy, I would actively SEEK to make sweet sensual love with Sanguineous. He was BEAUTIFUL and I am sure he was also a generous lover. Close second is emps himself. Everyone is a little gay for emps and his amazing hair. That's why Sanguineous and emps got along so well, they both had glorious manes but neither of them felt the need to outdo the other. Not like fucking fulgrim, who was jealous that his hair was never quite as good as emps. Or Curze who was all mad that his hair was a fuckingess of grease and split ends
>>
>>49437704
Russ would get drunk, plow your ass while calling you York, then pass out on top of you and another you to death in his massive stinking forest of blood soaked hair.
>>
So because of Genestealer Cult hype, I was thinking about building a Kill Team out of the models from Overkill. Was thinking about either both sets of Disciples, or doing two sets of the 1-2nd gens and one set of the Purestrains. Which do you think would work out better?
>>
>>49437587
theres an angels blade epub in the mega in the OP
>>
>>49437658
>If the Ultramarines do not follow the Warmasters orders, it is within his right to declare them insubordinate.
And that changes what? The ultras will still be at full strength, still near the middle of the imperium, still be pissed at the warmaster, and still have the 1k sons in tow. Moreover it wouldn't take long for the combined minds of magnus and girlyman to figure out something is up, especially given that magnus has already had the vision of horus going traitor.
>>
>>49437751
Yeah, I still don't think he'd axe a legion without hearing it from the emps, especially considering just how tolerant he was in forgiving those who made mistakes if they were repentant (see: list legions, silver skulls, doom eagles, iron snakes, those ex death guard whose name I can no longer remember, etc). I get the feeling that after talking to Magnus he'd bring him back to Terra for a trial.
>>
File: 1473923751574.jpg (30KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1473923751574.jpg
30KB, 500x359px
>>49437801
>epub
>GW Epub

I guess
>>
>>49437520
>IRA
>Christian extremists
extremists who are christian aren't the same thing as Christian extremists, you mong
>>
>>49437520
Shame you didn't put any thought into your response :^)
>>
>>49437672
Oh yes, the battle of the fang, when the whole surviving legion, automata and traitor guard was hold back by a hundred marines and fenris itself, then they had to run because the chapter came back and destroyed most of their space and ground assets and their only gain was destroying the Wolves genetic project that would eventually just been destroyed anyways by Bjorn and had to be the daemon primarch himself be present for this attack be successful just to be killed by Bjorn a senile dreadnought and chapter master literally who? tier.
>>
>>49437751
That's wrong though. If an order is unlawful, following it is a crime. See Nuremberg trials or many cases from Vietnam.
If girlyman believed that horus was full of shit and that the emperor did not want magnus and the sons killed, he is well within his rights to refuse the order, and moreover he in fact should refuse the order.
>>
>>49437802
Dude Tzeench pull off the deal by that time, they would just turn into magic chaos spawns and kill everyone nearby, there's literally no scenario were the thousand sons remain loyal without having to give up their powers, and they're to proud to abandon them.
>>
>>49437874
They were attacking the fang, dude. There's only two fortifications in the entire freaking galaxy more formidable than the fang, the imperial palace on Terra and the keep inviolate on kollossi (sp?). Plus the space Wolves have one of the most formidable fleets of any legion, only really being outdone by the Imperials fists and the Ultramarines, not to mention that rune priests are the closest thing to loyalist sorcerers left in the imperium. It's not like the Wolves didn't have plenty going for them.

Also I'm assuming your dig at Bjorn is just being facetious, because he's one of the most significant figures in space wolves lore.
>>
>>49437740
>Considering a box of Termagants or Hormagants comes with 12 models, that's not exactly far fetched.
Those are old boxes and IIRC, the old Fire Warrior box came with 12 and the new one comes with 10
>>
>>49437930
Blood ravens
>>
>>49437773
Do not take Purestrain, they are the worst aspect in that army at the moment and in the future because of Crud
>>
>>49438031

You have to have Purestrains, it's not a Genestealer cult without Genestealers.
>>
>>49438031
Purestrains are actually good though. It's Abberants that suck
>>
>>49438068

>1-3 Aberrants can be added to any GC troops unit

Fixed. Now everyone buys aberrants.
>>
>>49437958
>They were attacking the fang, dude.
An undermanned fang with fresh green initiates and some long fangs, and the thousand sons contingency couldn't kill that?

There's only two fortifications in the entire freaking galaxy more formidable than the fang, the imperial palace on Terra and the keep inviolate on kollossi (sp?).
And it took too much time for an undermanned fortress other legion would had took it easily, iron warriors for example wouldn't had failed.

Plus the space Wolves have one of the most formidable fleets of any legion, only really being outdone by the Imperials fists and the Ultramarines.
False the dark angels have more fleet assets and most of them were off system when they left with most of the chapter to hunt Magnus somewhere else.

not to mention that rune priests are the closest thing to loyalist sorcerers left in the imperium. It's not like the Wolves didn't have plenty going for them.
Rune priest are normal psykers, not sorcerers and more akin to priest to ward off than warlocks.
>Also I'm assuming your dig at Bjorn is just being facetious, because he's one of the most significant figures in space wolves lore.
Special snowflake dreadnought is shit and should be killed.
>>
>>49437984
>Fan canon
Come and talk when you have a good argument, not some shitty unconfirmed fan canon, they might as well be loyal sons of Horus.
>>
>>49437254
Looks decent enough, I would not bother with the phantasm grenades or armour, give the raiders dark lances and hand out some haywire grenades.

Chances are these days whoever you're fighting will have ATSKNF or fearless so the grenades are worthless.
>>
>>49438142
Your post is a mess dude.
>>
File: 99800101046_TheSanguinorNEW_01.jpg (37KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800101046_TheSanguinorNEW_01.jpg
37KB, 600x620px
Why is he so shit

I want him to be good so bad
>>
File: Laugh.gif (2MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
Laugh.gif
2MB, 176x144px
>>49438068
>Purestrains are actually good though
>>
>>49438181
oh ok, i thought the Grenades were pretty cool. oh well
about the Dark Lances, i kinda felt i needed some more multi-shot AP2 so i took the Cannons.. you think the anti-tank is more important?
>>
>>49438142
>False dangles are better.
The Wolves have: 12 battle barges, more than thirty strike cruisers, more than 40 escort squadrons, and two star forts. To compare this, the Grey Knights have 4 battle barges, the ultramarines have 6.

This is likely a nod by GW to the space wolves vikings culture, as the vikings were absolutely unrivaled in the naval exploits given their time and level of technology. This can also be seen in that Russ's psychic power manifested as him being able to Navigate, despite not having the navigator gene.
>>
>>49437926
It's a crime after the war has ended. During a war almost anything goes.
>>
>>49438217
People generally don't like them because, being only strength 5, they have a bit of difficulty harming things like bikes and monsters and can't reliably harm vehicles.
They're not a bad choice like the grenades, it's just that they exist to counter a type of unit that can countered with more flexible weapons.

If you consider the raiders going to be jinking everywhere weight of fire isn't a bad thing to have.
>>
>>49438142
Bjorn's only trait is he has been around since before the heresy. How's that special snowflake in any way?
>>
>>49438199
I don't care anymore, furfags and thousand shits are cancer and not worth the effort.
>>
>>49438314
I don't even like the space wolves, I just think you're full of shit. Russ is one of the worst primarchs, and Magnus managed to be more emo and useless than Konrad or Curse. Doesn't mean you can't at least do your reading so the stuff you say is actually true.
>>
>>49438313
>Bjorn's only trait is he has been around since before the heresy
Doesn't he fight daemons and protects Fenris while in stasis
>>
File: 1248790029996.jpg (50KB, 535x437px) Image search: [Google]
1248790029996.jpg
50KB, 535x437px
Since Genestealer Cults are the most well known amongst the "ennemies within" of the imperium, so that means SoB's aren't too far behind in the release schedule to fight them off, right ?

RIGHT ?
>>
>>49438290
are the grenades that shitty?
shame.
>>
>>49436745
That's why when you assassinate your rival and take the throne you pay off the mercs he hired.
>>
>>49438313
>Bjorn's only trait is he has been around since before the heresy. How's that special snowflake in any way?
>Total scrub survives the heresy and scouring
>Is made first chapter master because he's cool and edgy
>Solo a daemon prince to become a special dread
>Soloed khorne greater daemon as scrub and as a dreadnought
>Stops war between inquisiton and Wolves because SO COOL BJORN SEMPAI XD!!!!! and are total bros
>Kills Magnus daemon prince
>No wolf Wolves wolf must remain dur hur
>Goes full magical demi Emperor fighting daemons in the warp
Geesh anon I don't know, you tell me
>>
>>49438345
No. Where did you even hear that?
>>
>>49438209
Until they fix the toes I'm all for him being shit.
>>
>>49438414
On Furfinity
>>
File: SoB.jpg (244KB, 1477x2067px) Image search: [Google]
SoB.jpg
244KB, 1477x2067px
>>49438394
>>
>>49438414
>Doesn't know of the new fenris fluff
Bjorn might as well be the new space Wolves primarch by now anon
>>
>>49435897
The minotaurs are sort of space kgb with many orthodox themes if I am not mistaken.
>>
>>49438398
It's because 90% of the units you're going to face are immune to them, unless you're list tailoring I wouldn't consider them.
>>
>>49438343
>Reading about shit primarchs
HH series was a mistake
>>
>>49438430
>>49438462

Reading your posts was a mistake.
>>
>>49438410
>Total scrub
This is literally the opposite of a Mary Sue.
>Is made CM because he's cool and edgy
He was made the chapter master because he was literally the only member of russ's company left. Russ told him to stay, so he did.
>Solo'd a demon Prince.
You know who else has solo'd demon princes? Azrael, Calgar, Dante, Tankred, and about a dozen other nameless dreadnaughts.
>Solo'd a bloodthirster
Citation needed.
>Stops the war because awesome Senpai
He stopped the war because he knew the chapter would get wiped out if he didn't. Did you even read Emperor's Gift?
>Kills Magnus daemon Prince.
He barely manages to banish him, with the help of dozens of other wolves, after a giant tank of promethium exploded on magnus's head, and Magnus STILL killed the current chapter master and dozens of other wolves.
>Fights demons while in stasis.
That is literally not even a thing, where did you hear that?

Bjorn is a good character because he basically WAS just your average space marine before he became great wolf. He was never the best fighter of the best tactician or the greatest orator. He gets by with common sense perspective, and lots of teamwork.
>>
File: 1466807300814.png (69KB, 369x285px) Image search: [Google]
1466807300814.png
69KB, 369x285px
>>49438496
>Been in 4chan
>Not expecting autistic shitposting
>>
>>49438462
If you aren't going to read up so you actually know what you're talking about, then quit making shit up and talk about something else.
>>49438238
>Russ can navigate
Does it seem weird how they just kind of glossed over that fact? Russ navigates his way through a freaking warp storm, with an entire fleet piggybacked onto his ship's navigation, and actually makes it work. I like that, and agree it's very true to his viking origins, but they never mention it ever again once it's done.
>>
>>49438410
Looks like your grief is HH.
>>
>>49438501
>This is literally the opposite of a Mary Sue.
Total scrub new guy becoming top of the class chosen one isn't being a Mary sue?

>He was made the chapter master because he was literally the only member of russ's company left. Russ told him to stay, so he did.
False he was the only one left behind because he was a special mystery without fate and Russ made a fate for him as the unkillable special wolf wolf wolf

>You know who else has solo'd demon princes? Azrael, Calgar, Dante, Tankred, and about a dozen other nameless dreadnaughts.
OK fair enough

>Citation needed.
Some audiobook the thruster killed his pack and then thousand la of years later the fight again, but the daemon mucks Bjorn because he forgot the names of his packmates
>>Stops the war because awesome Senpai
>He stopped the war because he knew the chapter would get wiped out if he didn't. Did you even read Emperor's Gift?
And he did with the power of friendship and they remained best buddies because of reasons

>He barely manages to banish him, with the help of dozens of other wolves, after a giant tank of promethium exploded on magnus's head, and Magnus STILL killed the current chapter master and dozens of other wolves.
Yeah and it was needed many times more of that to kill the other primarchs, for fucks sake the first war of Armageddon had more shit than what the Wolves had and that didn't stopped angron until the imperial forces used and sacrificed a whole company of grey knights.

>Fights demons while in stasis.
>That is literally not even a thing, where did you hear that?
Read the shirts stories that came along the fenris battle zone series, Bjorn is a magic demi Emperor now.
>>
>>49438216
>has the Genestealer base stuff, which admittedly is far from good.
>throw in Hit and Run and Stealth for one point.
>Then make the unit size 2 so that you can't melt similar point investments in regular Stealers with a single unit's shooting.

Seems pretty solid to me. The last point won't matter in Kill Team but I don't see the issue.
>>
>>49438753
>Seems pretty solid to me
You'll learn the hard way then, newfish
>>
>>49438394

Yep, Feb 2017.
>>
>>49438751
>Became awesome because Russ magic destiny stuff.
No. When Russ and his company left, Russ just said "Not you." And when Bjorn asked him what he was on about, he just repeated himself, then they left. There was no big weeaboo destiny, Russ just picked some scrub from his company to lead the the Wolves while he was gone. That's on Russ, not Bjorn.
>Audiobook
That actually sounds interesting, I'll have to look into that.
>Power of friendship
Except not really. To this day the Inquisition and the Wolves don't get along very well, and even Grimnar was pissed dat Bjorn for stopping the fight. He listened and obeyed, sure, but he was still pissed, and the only reason the Inquisition didn't reign holy fuck down on the Wolves was because a guy who's actually fought at the empeor's side told them not to, and because there was a an Inquisitor from Fenris there to help with damage control.
>Fights demons in stasis.
If this is true, it worries me. Seems an awful Wardian thing for the Wolves to be dealing with. It was stupid as fuck when Tigurius tapped into the hive mind and Calgar strangled and avatar of obtained, I just hope we don't start seeing more retarded stuff like that spilling on to the Wolves. GW seems to be under the impression that if people buy lots of models from an army, they need to make that army's fluff "better" and more absurd. I'm glad the the Ultramarines and Feel Knights are starting to live down some of their past fluff, I just hope the Wolves don't have to face the same.
>>
>>49438751
Iirc Bjorn was left behind to heal.
>>
>>49438174
Anon, please.
Literally nobody else thinks they're anything but loyalist thousand sons. That's been implied since they were first introduced and at this point all but outright staged and only a moron would deny such an obvious conclusion supported by such overwhelming evidence.
>>
>>49437761
you know that traitor forces were able to navigate the ruinstorm right? because lorgar told them how to? right? i'm not arguing with a retard right?
>>
Will Genestealer Cults get a fancy codex? Limited Edition?
>>
>>49439185
we already know the answer to this is no. We have this saturdays preorder list already
>>
File: releaselist.png (37KB, 620x334px) Image search: [Google]
releaselist.png
37KB, 620x334px
>>49439278
>we already know the answer to this is no.
u wot
>>
>>49439181
Yes I know, what I meant is that the ruin storm forced guilliman to remain there and restock their numbers and assets, thus when they finally decided to act they had a sizeable force enough to make Horus hasten his plans and then dying, it would had been better for the loyalist for the ultramarines to fuck everything and run to Terra with their depleted numbers rather than reinforce themselves and become a genuine treat.
>>
So I'm asking as a newfag Eldar player: are Warp Spiders really all that great? Even counting the maneuverability, 2 s6 shots at a pisspoor 12" range doesn't seem all that, even if they do rend. Low shot count isn't good againt hordes, rending isn't good against high saves. What is all the fuss about? If they're in range, they are close enough to charge, and if they aren't don't fucking worry about them. Am I missing something? Trying to decide between them and a Hornet, which way should I go?
>>
>>49439336
Why are limited codexes 200 fucking dollars

They just have a nice cover, a box and some cards/cheap coins

its fucking absurd
>>
>>49439388
because dumbasses pay that much

Regular hard covers are fine. I'm bummed I missed getting the Scion one.
>>
>>49439373
>I'm asking as a newfag Eldar player:
2 things: 1 not anymore they're FAQed into not retardly broken levels, they had a misinterpretation of their rules that make them broken, they're good but not a good as they use to be, you can't go wrong with either of those and 2 go kindly fuck yourself Eldar cancer.
>>
>>49439388
I guess it includes the rest of the GC unique special crap like dice and cards

Still what did you expect from Corporate Commander?

I don't think you remember the 20 man cadian box for 30 dollars.

The 10 man is what 50 now?
>>
>>49439431
Well if it helps I'm not taking any D weapons till 1500 or more. And could you also please elaborate? 2 warp jumps per turn doesn't help thier shitass range; even if you jump 12", you're still within 24, which is standard troop gun range against T3 guys.
>>
File: 1323831623384.jpg (60KB, 323x337px) Image search: [Google]
1323831623384.jpg
60KB, 323x337px
>>49439401
>I'm bummed I missed getting the Scion one.

I know what you mean, now if I want one have to pay $100 from ebay
>>
>>49439472
And then you use eldars ability to both shoot and run, then jump in the assault phase and even then you can jump again when shot at to deny range/los and waste the enemy fire.
>>
>>49439152
Untill it's in print it's fanon.

Like the Minotaurs history before being lapdogs, ALs true allegiance and the origins of the Etheral caste
>>
File: 1454311712185.jpg (747KB, 1900x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1454311712185.jpg
747KB, 1900x1836px
>>49439435
I remember. I remember. The fact that they still haven't changed annoys me the most
>>
>>49439619
>Untill it's in print it's fanon.
hey ADB, I missed reading your autistic rants on B@C
>>
>>49439680
Whats B@C?
>>
Does anyone play Assault Marines or Death Company with drop pods instead of jump packs?

Anyone at all?
>>
>>49439721
Betrayal at Calth
>>
>>49439336
Welp. Coulda sworn I'd already looked at that and didn't see it. My bad
>>
>>49439758
Ah.

How does someone rant there?
>>
>>49439680
bolterandchainsword.com

40k site for marines
>>
>>49439373
They're comparatively cheap for what you get out of them.
One of the most mobile units in the game (6+5d6" movement over a turn, plus 2d6" in your opponents)
They wound nearly everything in the game on 2's
They can be in a formation to hit on 2's
Plus rending
>>
>>49439787
Wouldn't that be B&C?
>>
>>49438912
source?
>>
>>49439832
Yeah. The other guy used the @ incorrectly.
>>
>>49439776
First the kill a ton of Ultramarines, then sacrifice the corpses so they can shitpost directly to the Warp
>>
>>49439680
Can someone explain to me why people don't like ADB? In terms of writing (from a purely technical standpoint) he's one of the more competent writers that works for black library, probably only second to St. Abnett. Is he just a tool IRL or something?
>>
>>49439756
I played a guy on sunday using the new deathwing company formation thing, and he had half his boys in drop pods, though I was playing gunline Fists, so it wasn't like I was going to run away or something.
>>
>>49439721
Bolter and Chainsword. It's a forum.
>>
>>49440028
I like some of his books, but he's only really got one string to his bow and is also kind of stupid about what he believes is "correct" for 40k.

He's almost as bad as Laurie Goulding for getting butthurt on forums. Or at least was. I'm pretty sure he's calmed down a bit over the past couple years.
>>
>>49440059
I know that just not how "B at C" had anything to do with it.

Thought it might be the name of a subpar rumor blog or whatever.
>>
>>49440086
Can you give me some examples of what he believes is correct? His work in the Armageddon books was great, as was the Emperor's Gift. I haven't read much of his other stuff, but he seems to have a pretty good (if admittedly a bit narrow) grasp on the cannon, and he that in order to make a 40k book interesting, it's can't just be about marines killing shit, and he makes the wars and battles secondary to the ideas of the book (specifically, Grimauldus's and Hyperion's growth as characters, with Grimauldus learning to be his own man, and Hyperion coming to understand that both sides of the Months of Shame were being stupid).

Maybe I'm just litfagging too much, but ADB really does seem to be one of the better writers for Black Library, because unlike almost everyone else he actually understands that a book needs a story, not just violence.

>INB4 "ADB PLS"

I can buy that he's a bitch on forumns tho, I've heard that backed up enough. Dude should just write a blog to explain his shit like Abnett and Gav do.
>>
>>49440232
>His work in the Armageddon books was great, as was the Emperor's Gift.
Can't say I was a huge fan of those books. Grimaldus was kind of a bitch, which is not the sort of character you want applied to your centuries-old reclusiarch.

>Can you give me some examples of what he believes is correct?
He's just got weird opinions on canon and occasionally spergs out about them. The most notable one is how the blood ravens were linked to the thousand sons. They got a couple references in the heresy novels and short stories and he blew up about it.
>>
>>49436251

...There are people who like the Night Lords books?
>>
>>49440311
Marines need to have a weakness of some type, or the story is boring as fuck. And to be honest, I think he should have structured the two armageddon stories differently, because some of the things you learn in about his past in the sequel story with the Celestial Lions put his actions in the first book into context.I can see why some people would see it as out of place whining if you don't understand the background there.

Also, to be honest, I prefer stories with flawed space marines. Space marines who are perfect make for a boring read. How fucking terrible would a book about Mareus Calgar or Draigo be, when we know they're going to never make any mistakes or lose a fight?

>The most notable one is how the blood ravens were linked to the thousand sons.
The blood ravens are thousand son descended. The developers for the games heaped on piles and piles of hints, and there are hints within the horus heresy series. The only reason people dispute this is to be obstinate.

The thousand sons: Red marines with a lot of sorcerers whose elite cult of psycher prophets had the symbol of a raven.

The blood ravens: Red marines with a lot of psychers whose chosen symbol is a raven, and whose origins were deliberately hidden from them by the administratum.

Although I suppose it's possible they aren't, just like I'm sure the Silver Skulls and Iron Snakes are actually Ultramarines descendants.
>>
>>49440558

Psyker. It is spelt psyker.
>>
>>49435546

Any idea what we got coming after Genestealer cult?

Rubrics right?
>>
File: 1473996883603.jpg (40KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
1473996883603.jpg
40KB, 521x521px
It says Blood Angel Vanguard Vets can replace their bolt pistol and or chainsword with an inferno pistol

So I can outfit all of them with two inferno pistols, both of which theyll be able to fire thanks to gunslinger, correct?
>>
>>49441521
at least 2 weeks of genestealers, then id venture a guess that it'll be some sigmar shit for a few weeks, then onto the new Heresy box
>>
>>49441525
Da.
>>
>>49441557

Would be nice to see two weeks of cult releases.

In unrelated news anyone hear about a possible plastic sisters of silence release?
>>
>>49441557
What do we know about the new heresy box?
>>
>>49441677
It has MkIII marines, that's all that matters
>>
>>49441677

Custodes, mk3 power armor, tartaros, new wolf hero.

Sorry if you already knew this anon but this is what we've seen so far.
>>
>>49441677
there was a white dwarf cover with a shot of the game. search natfka for it.
>>
>>49441609
>Would be nice to see two weeks of cult releases.
There's definitely at least two weeks of releases. They have to put out at least one HQ choice for general release.
>>
>>49441779

Well IF previous rumors are true we'll get full fledged little army for them.

>troop
>elite
>transport
>HQ.
>>
>>49440558
What he complains about is not specifically that the Blood Ravens are descended from Thousand Sons, but instead the general idea of having things tie from 30k 100% directly into 40k. He opposes most things that make the setting feel smaller. The example he brings up a lot is having Anakin building C-3PO. To him, it's just the writer shouting, "See? It's that thing you know! See, there it is!" He was also the most outspoken author against having any reference to the Tyranids in Pharos. Not because of the use of the beacon itself, but because he didn't see the need for a 30k connection to Tyranids at all.
>>
>>49441798
yep

I'm most curious as to whether or not the models will be copies of the overkill ones. They certainly roped me into buying more deathwatch, so chances are they'll do it for the cult too.
>>
>>49441677
It doesn't contain Bjorn.
>>
>>49441721
We're getting Custodes? Seriously? Can't wait to see the rules for them.
>>
>>49441828

Ehh maybe those generic cultists with the autoguns. Seems the hybrids will be a little different it seems which is nice.

Really looking forward to that truck though if it comes out.
>>
>>49441813
I hope games workshop makes the tyranids a failed (or too successful) genetic experiment by the emperor, just to piss him off.
>>
>>49441852

Yeah go here. Phone won't let me link.

>inb4 shit tier phone poster

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/325938-plastic-custodes-confirmed/page-3#entry4505005
>>
>>49441837
Is that good or bad?
>>
>>49441717
>>49441721
Seriously? More marines? When are we going to get some Orks or Eldar or Tyranids for 30k? I know games workshop loves their marines, but the 30k rules are like 80% marines. I know you can technically field any 40k army against 30k, but the balance is off between the two games (speaking of which, watch 40K marines fight 30K marines, then listen to all the legion fags insist through their bitter tears that the codex was a terrible idea).
>>
>>49441859
Right, but I want to know if they'll be the snapfits on a recut sprue, or actually new multiparts.

These last two releases have been exciting. So much more interesting than the tau/fenris/chaos shit.
>>
>>49441889
>>49441837
>>49441721
RULES FOR RUSS, THE LION, AND MAGNUS WHEN
>>
>>49441916
I genuinely can't tell if this is bait.
>>
>>49441919
I'm personally scared that Fenris pt.2 won't include something for my Grey Knights.
>>
>>49441941
Well I mean now that Deathwatch and Genestealer cults have models and books, plastic inquisitors have to happen at some point.
>>
>>49441880
Then you haven't actually read Pharos.
>>
>>49441919

Multiparts probably.

I mean weren't the deathwatch snap fit then made multipart?
>>
>>49441961
>>49441941
I wonder if Games Workshop realizes they could make buckets and buckets of money if their next 40k suppliment was Sisters and Inquisition against Dark Eldar or Orks.
>>
>>49441932

Soon. atleast for magnus I think.
>>
>>49441986
You're right, I haven't. I haven't read a single one of the horus heresy books. I just hope that GW makes tyranids the emperor's fault, for the sole reason of pissing off ADB.
>>
>>49441992
If it were Inquisition vs Dark Eldar, I would probably buy 2 box sets if there was one because I play GK and Dark Eldar.
>>
>>49441890
Depends on how much you hate space wolves.
>>
>>49441992
>they could make buckets and buckets of money if their next 40k suppliment was Sisters
That's extremely wishful thinking.
>>
File: 2016-09-20 17.34.55.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-20 17.34.55.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
Play any games recently?
>>
>>49441916
>speaking of which, watch 40K marines fight 30K marines
Yeah... I've only seen a couple games of old versus new marines, but one was a 40k Ultramarines drop list massacring 30k Iron Warriors, and 40k BAngels Tabling 40k Salamanders on turn 4. I think if you want to beat 40k Marines with 30k, you'd have to take a very mobile, fast list. Marines having drop pods and grav mean any tank/terminator/gunline lists are pretty well useless.
>>
>>49442016
Well then you're already wrong.

It was Guilliman's
>>
>>49441609

>plastic
>sisters

Sorry anon, GW isn't actually allowed to use these two words so close together in the same sentence, even if it has nothing to do with the Sororitas.
>>
>>49442093

Played for the first time since 5th on Sunday with Daemons.

Man, I lost so hard to Orks it's not even funny. I honestly don't even know if I want to bother playing anymore.
>>
>>49442064
Last time I sat down for a gaming night with the other gamers at my LGS we talked about neglected armies, and when sisters came up, we concluded that all of us that played imperial armies (5 of 7) would buy some sisters if they got better box kits and a codex update.

People want to play them, but they're one of the worst armies in terms of tabletop performance, and absolutely THE worst when it comes to collecting them (lots of metal models, $80 for a box of battle sisters, 40$ for three heavy weapons sisters, etc).

Maybe my LGS is just a statistical fluke and doesn't reflect the wider community, but I really get the feeling they'd make all kinds of money f they gave the sisters a little attention.
>>49442149
Explain this.
>>
>>49442189
No. Read Pharos. It's decent. It also features Warsmith Dantioch. The best Iron Warriors character ever written. Fuck Honsou.
>>
>>49442189
>we concluded that all of us would buy some sisters if they got better box kits and a codex update.
I don't doubt you would, but the same thing happened with dark eldar.

Financially, it's probably smarter to continue to tap the 30k market. Think about how many people are going to shell out hundreds for plastic custodes.
>>
>>49442298
It would be a lot easier to judge if games workshop actually did market research, but I get the impression that there are considerably fewer 30k players than 40k players. You'd expect that there would be more money in 40k.
>>
>>49442400
I'm not so sure about that, they're fairly smart about making sure people can use the plastic 30k shit for 40k too.

Getting those delicious marinebux from both sides.
>>
>>49442418
I suppose that's certainly true. I can't speak for all players, but personally about half my Ultramarines have 30k bits or parts on them, or are straight up models from 30k. Most of the 30k models just look better than their 40k counterparts.
>>
>>49442151

Rumors say. Yet alas rumors.

Anyway GW give me some chicks that have boob plate with guns finally.

God I wonder why they won't even touch the subject of sororitas anymore.
>>
>>49442093

>30k

plz leave
>>
>>49439619
ABD please go and be a fact denying retard somewhere else
>>
>>49442786
its gonna get a lot worse in the next few weeks kid. The heresy bug is coming back aroud
>>
File: 2016-09-16 11.22.23.jpg (2MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-16 11.22.23.jpg
2MB, 1885x1060px
>>49442093
Yeah. I played against the "orkperium of orkkind" last thursday.
>>
>>49442914

Hell I got it.

I'm not passing up on doing a custodes or possible SoS army. Are you fucking kidding me?

Hell my white scars are practically there I just need jetbikes.
>>
File: 1414635468064.png (294KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1414635468064.png
294KB, 470x470px
>>49435546

Posting this in the other general, but what the hell.

I'm very new to the game and I'm trying to make sure I'm calculating my points properly, can I get some assistance here?

HQ: Psykana detachment
Primaris Psyker: 50
Wyrdvane Psykers x5: 60
Lord Commissar w/ Plasma Pistol: 80 (65 for Commissar and 15 for Plasma pistol)

By the units of Wyrdvane psykers, the Astra Militarum codex says that a single unit is 5 psykers, and the supplement says that a Psykana detachment is a Primaris psyker and 3 units of Wyrdvanes and then 1-3 Commissars.

That's an HQ for a total of 310 points. Am I correct so far or have I made some crazy error somewhere?
>>
File: dOQ1RAO.jpg (956KB, 2203x2938px) Image search: [Google]
dOQ1RAO.jpg
956KB, 2203x2938px
>>49442093
>>49442942
I also played against Orkz.
Tried out my Librarius Conclave/Grey Knights list against my bud's Orks on Saturday. It was a close game, but I won because I Shifting Worldscaped the terrain with the Objective I needed to win next to my Dreadknight.

About his painting...He admits he doesn't think he'd ever be good. But, I guess 3 colors is fine, too.
>>
>>49441916
Anon, you know that FW has stated that there will be no Xenos armies for 30k multiple rimes, right?
>>
>>49443157
told ya the conclave would pay off bro.
>>
File: 1473031398302.jpg (36KB, 600x474px) Image search: [Google]
1473031398302.jpg
36KB, 600x474px
>>49443157
>Conclave/Grey Knights vs Orks
>>
>>49442467
>God I wonder why they won't even touch the subject of sororitas anymore
maybe be a year or tol out of dste nut last thing i heard was that some devs said no one really knows whatbto do with them. so they end up focusing on projects they do have a direction for because boss mannwants results.
>>
>>49435897
They could be Kislevites... IN SPACE!!!!!!!!
>>
>>49443759
I forgot to mention, he was running a tiny detachment of SM to fuck around with the new powers, too.
>>
File: 1452227526973.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1452227526973.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>49443800
>Allied with Orks
>>
>>49443870
Why do you think the Grey Knights showed up? That was some SERIOUS FUCKING HERESY.
>>
>>49443776
Kelly at least had some interest in them at one point, we see how much he/they waited to update dark eldar for 5th. i doubt there's a full set of plastic sisters just waiting for the right rules though.

if anything they'll get a 7th update, even if it's a quick hackjob
>>
>>49443898

>played team game 2 weeks ago
>I had my Sisters, teammate had IG
>Opponents had Orks, Tau, and Marines
>They claimed WE were the heretics because Space Marines
>mfw
>>
>>49444014
>implying sisters overrule marines in terms of what's heresy
Dumb bolter bitch.
Still, allying with tau is a crime that can never be forgiven.
>>
File: admechknightpaladin.jpg (707KB, 2072x2289px) Image search: [Google]
admechknightpaladin.jpg
707KB, 2072x2289px
>>49442973

Anyone?
>>
>>49444092

>implying the space marines overrule the ecclesiarchy
>implying an inquisitor wouldn't ask a canoness to purge a bunch of Space Marines allying with dirty xenos
>implying a Canoness wouldn't gladly lead the purge of space marines allying dirty xenos
>>
>>49436071
Commie detected
>>
>>49436246
Listen here Muhammad, these 'stealers are as Red as they come.
>>
>>49444179
>implying the space marines overrule the ecclesiarchy
they actually do

>implying an inquisitor wouldn't ask a canoness to purge a bunch of Space Marines
they try that, the sisters all die, then the inquisitors ask other space marines to handle the problem

see: Badab
>>
File: Vostroyans vs Tau.jpg (693KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyans vs Tau.jpg
693KB, 1152x864px
>>49436071
get fucked you filthy xeno-loving red
>>
Make fun of my Blood Angels list and tell me how to make it better:
https://my.mixtape.moe/oncfzi.txt
>>
>>49435546
Does anybody know of a black library deposit that has the current books? I'm looking for a PDF of the Path of Heaven?
>>
>>49442973
Well, dstachments never countvfor your force organization chadt... they are separate
>>
>>49442093
Duals game, my inquisition/assassins allied with deathwatch against a chaos player and a mechanicum war convocation(?).
We nearly got completely wiped out but won big on objectives
>>
>>49444179
But, they do? The Ecclisiarchy has no power in the face of the Big Three. The High Lords of Terra, the Inquisition, and the Adeptus Astartes.

And the Adeptus Mechanicus doesn't care about any of them so long as they play nice.
>>
>>49443157

Tell him to dip the models and they'll look fine.
>>
File: gallery_23369_1806_92051.jpg (153KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_23369_1806_92051.jpg
153KB, 1000x1200px
>>49442973
Are you the guy from a few threads ago who was asking about psykers for IG?

You're not making an error at all, formations function like their own force organisation chart (FOC) - as long as you take what's required for them, you can field it alongside an army made from the FOC, which is known as a Combined-Arms-Detachment (which gives you the bonus of making troops Objective Secured and allows you to reroll your Warlord Trait)

So, in short, you Psykana Detachment is not an HQ choice, it's a separate detachment that can be fielded along with your regular army.

As for points, there are some HQs that can reach that high - Pask and 2 other Leman Russes for example.
>>
>>49445384
Eclisarch is a high lord. He works with them
>>
>>49437818
GW epubs are great now...unless you're not an iPad user.
>>
>>49446485
Readium has worked fine for me on pc so far.
>>
>>49435855
I really, REALLY want that specific vehicle. I want to paint it like a dump truck, all mustard yellow and grime.
>>
Where can I get BL pdfs?Alternatively does anyone have Pharos"
>>
>>49447117
Disregard that,I'm retarded
>>
>>49436623
>CARNAC ALERT
>>
>>49440028
He's the epitome of a corporate shill, quite happy to slate TOs for daring to attempt to balance the shitty rules his overlords peddle.
>>
>>49441813
Writing stories that tie elements of the setting together makes the setting smaller, but then he wouldn't make any sales out of that would he?
>>
Does cataphractii terminator armor count as terminator armor? Toying with the idea of putting a cataphractii terminator captain on a bike for the lulz.
>>
File: 1459909387860.gif (2MB, 340x190px) Image search: [Google]
1459909387860.gif
2MB, 340x190px
>>49447196
if it has terminator in the name, looks like a terminator, walks like a terminator, and talks like a terminator why would it be anything but a terminator?
>>
>>49447225
Because as a cataphractii terminator it has a different rule set from regular terminators and nowhere does it say that this specific rule set is affected by the terminator rule set excluding the use of bikes or jet packs.
>>
Is Pharos any good tho?This thread made me interested in reading,but consider the fact that I'm in it only for the Nids
>>
>>49447293
Also,now that I think about it,what's the point of this whole plot?Isn't it made redundant by the Astronomican?
>>
>>49447285
Keep in mind that if you apply that logic he also can't take any of the terminator weapons.
>>
>>49447314
>Isn't it made redundant by the Astronomican?

You are redundant.

The Astronomican doesn't reach out of the galaxy.
>>
>>49447462
Until now it's been established that Nids were attracted by the Astronomican
>>
>>49447517
Don't be a fool.

Only Leviathan was said to be heading towards the Astronomicam in the 5th ED codex. There is nothing stating that it was the Astronomican that attracted the Tyranids to the galaxy. Again, the Astronomican doesn't reach out of the galaxy. Areas like the Eastern Fringes and the Ghoul Stars are places where the light of the Astronomican doesn't reach and they are within the galaxy.

What we esbliished is that you are don't know your fluff.
>>
>>49447293
>but consider the fact that I'm in it only for the Nids
it's not a good book to begin with, and the fact that the device blowing up calls the nids is essentially a footnote

>Isn't it made redundant by the Astronomican?
they set it up because the astronomican was being blocked by the powers of shit plot to draw out the conflict
>>
>>49447314
>>49447541
Are you guys seriously discussing a plot of a book you just read and then saying what's the point of the Mcgufffen?

How it's possible for anyone at this current year not know about the Ruinstorm which cut off the Ultramar domain from the rest of the galaxy and the Astronomican which necessitated Pharos.

I mean come on this not something new. Only way someone would miss it is to not read any Word Bearer vs Ultramarine HH fluff. This is disgusting.
>>
>>49447562
Why are you quoting me, I know why they set it up even if I think it's stupid.
>>
>>49447569
Anger blinders.
>>
Are the clowns a good army?
>>
>>49447445
Actually, it specifically says he can take weapons from the Terminator list.
>>
>>49447903
Also, it states the following:

>A model wearing Cataphractii Terminator armour counts as wearing Terminator Armour for the purposes of embarking within Transport vehicles, the use of teleport homers (see Codex: Space Marines), and for the purposes of Formation Restrictions

It does not say it counts as terminator armor for the purposes of equipping jump packs or bikes.
>>
>>49447903
Chaos Lord entry states that he can take items from the Chaos Artefacts list. Does this mean he can ignore the Mark restrictions on the Scrolls of Magnus?
>>
>>49447931
No, because the rules for the Scrolls of Magnus specifically state MoT only.
>>
>>49447889

they're hit or miss like deldar on steroids. if things all go according to keikaku you'll drink your opponents bitter tears as his army implodes in on itself but if you fuck up then your murderclowns will splatter on his forces like a bug on a windshield.
>>
>>49444179
>>implying the space marines overrule the ecclesiarchy
Yes, that's actually 100% the case, you bolter bitch
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 900x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 900x465px
I heard rumors that battlefleet gothic is coming back.

Is this true?
Are there any infos? Google gave me nothing but vg links.
>>
>>49444762
>"You see, brother, when you hook landing pad to drop ship, you can land anywhere."
>>
>>49447225
>Heavy Flamer
>Assault 1
>Assault Cannon
>Heavy 4
>Rapid Fire Battle Cannon
>Ordnance 2

Nomen isn't always omen when it comes to naming things and rules. Like how a Space Marine Sergeant doesn't count as a Space Marine when it comes to who can take special or heavy weapons in a tactical squad.

But I do agree that he should count as being a terminator. Maybe GW could in the next codex just make terminator armour a one time upgrade and what rules it uses depends on the suit it's wearing. Like power weapons. And when we get Tartaros suit in 40k and no one will take Indomitus ever again.
>>
>>49448297
the specialist games section has been reformed though nkw under forgeworld IIRC. BFG was mentioned as making a come back eventually. For now Bloodbowl is being redone and they've anounched a new version of epic in the next year or so.
BFG isnt a definite and likely 2 or 3 years away at least.
>>
>>49436135
>>49436198
The IRA, The Christian Identity Movement, KKK, Army of God and all the lone Christian terrorists who bomb abortion clinics for a start.
>>
GSC confirmed for Leman Russ and some sort of open-backed truck with two turrets.
>>
>>49449152
Two turrets now? Confirmed where?
>>
>>49448728
Ah, ok. Some told me that 2017 was planned for a re-release.
Was a hear-say thing. So i wasnt sure. But thx, so i know whats up so far.
Hope they surprise us and achieve a 2017 release. Since vg bfg, star wars and dropfleet is hyping space tg.
>>
>>49449152
Teaser image on GW facebook. Looks like a small autogun of some kind on the back and an autocannon on the front.
>>
>>49449152
>>49449247
>>49449568
Silhouette shows two pintle-mounted weapons, there's a ghost image superimposed in the background that looks like the same vehicle or maybe an up-gunned variant; it has a turret with a twin-linked Autocannon offset to the right of the driver's cab.

Tank has a Battle Cannon on a turret and a hull-mounted Multi-melta, but the hull's the wrong shape for a Leman Russ.
>>
>>49449708
Looks basically the same as a leman russ to me. Even has the exact same model sticking out the top of it.

I hope we get a cult conversion sprue for guard and vehicles, that would be hot shit.
>>
File: IMAG1766.jpg (5MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1766.jpg
5MB, 5376x3024px
>>49442093
Fought against some Grey Knights as Admech, got absolutely raped (second game ever) but it was pretty fun!
Already exited too play in the tourney on Saturday seems that im one of the only once who has an completly painted army...
>>
>>49449782
Its similar sure. But it definitely has a different hull and multimeltas aren't a hull weapon option on the the russ.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.