[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy Battle General Thread /wfb/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 47

File: john_blanche_ogres_tower.jpg (178KB, 854x1200px) Image search: [Google]
john_blanche_ogres_tower.jpg
178KB, 854x1200px
Ogres Tower Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread:>>49398519

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
File: ian_miller_gormenghast.jpg (297KB, 1200x588px) Image search: [Google]
ian_miller_gormenghast.jpg
297KB, 1200x588px
>>
File: john_blanche_the_awakening.jpg (304KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
john_blanche_the_awakening.jpg
304KB, 851x1200px
>>
File: ian_miller_forge_in_the_forest.jpg (271KB, 1000x756px) Image search: [Google]
ian_miller_forge_in_the_forest.jpg
271KB, 1000x756px
>>
/wfb/ thread, 1 poster, page nine.

Maybe Warhammer really is dead.

LET'S TALK ABOUT WFRP INSTEAD.
>>
>>49422313
>So if not for dwarf induced prejudice, humans are well capable to develop their own functioning and not that corrupting traditions.

Hold the fuck on.

It was elves that came down and told humanity 'Lawl bruh, you're doing magic all wrong, do it this way or it'll kill you' and those fuckers listened.

All Dwarfs did was hunt down the fuckers who stole rune magic.

>>49426316
>Settra invading Empire was proposed for Endhammer a few threads ago. I'm on board.

But how would you work it? Would you start with Storm of Chaos and then have Settra capitalise?

Where are the Tomb Kings standing in End Times/Hammer? How badly were they mauled before the planet blew up? Because if they are anywhere near as strong as they used to be, this could be a cake walk for them.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>49427092
>last thread had 53 posters and got all the way to autosaging without anyone having a conversation about shithammer
>literally the second poster in this thread brings it up
Holy shit, why does skubhammer have to be the only possible alternative to Normal Warhammer/post-SoC warhammer? Can't we just have a normal conversation about a "what if" scenario without bringing up AoS: Old world edition? we were doing so good in the last thread. if not, Back into hibernation for me.

How about we just have Settra invade the old world instead of Archaon?
>>
>>49427262
>Back into hibernation for me.
So you post nothing on this thread as it drifts to page 10, but the moment someone brings up Endhammer you decided to come in and just be a cunt?

>How about we just have Settra invade the old world instead of Archaon?

Works for me. Nagash should have been the real Big Bad of the setting, not Archaon.
>>
Questions:

1.) How frequently do Skaven mutate? I know they're resistant to warpstone exposure, but do you tend to see mutations among those who work heavily with warpstone, such as Grey Seers, Moulders, and Skryre Warlock-Engineers?

2.) How susceptible are greenskins to mutation?
>>
>>49425856
>Settra would get gimped by having to fight through the Badlands and the Border Princes.

Why would he fight his way up instead of taking his navy to an easier access point? Is he trying to just expand his Empire or has he got it into his mind that fucking Ghal-Maraz belongs to him or something?

>49423751
>I also doubt a post SoC empire would be able to fight off the fully united armies of Nehekara, they'd likely get rekt

This. Post Storm Empire was a lot more FUBAR'd than most people realise. If you look at the Gazettes with population count and compare them between 1ed and 2ed, the Empire was fucking decimated.
>>
>>49427743
Both Skaven and Greenskins are susceptible to mutation, but Skaven definitely have a huge resistance to it. I mean shit, Skaven just casually eat Warpstone for the buzz.

You do see Skaven mutations, but I'm starting to wonder if they were naturally formed mutations or if Moulder/Skyre was involved to produce them...

I'd put them at nearly Halfling levels of resistance though, based on just what we see in the lore.

As for Greenskins, I'm not as sure. The only popular greenskin 'mutant' I can think of is Grom the Paunch, and that was just from eating troll or something, right?

I've seen artwork of Orc mutants, but it's not a common theme. I suppose most orc tribes aren't super close to the Chaos Wastes and wouldn't necessarily have to deal with the risk of mutation. Given their inherent endurance, I'd guess they're about as susceptible to mutation as Dwarfs.
>>
SKAVEN VAMPIRES
DWARF WIZARDS
SKELETON BLACK-OPS

Good ideas? Yay or nay? And before any shitposting let me just highlight:

>There's no canon reason a Skaven can't be a vampire, it's just unlikely because who would want to?
>Dwarfs CAN cast spells, it just slowly turns them to stone and their culture looks down on it.
>The Skellies are Tomb Kings supported by a Priest or Prince in disguise.
>>
File: Nagash.png (2MB, 920x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash.png
2MB, 920x600px
>>49427262
Whatever, slav

>>49427092
Tomb Kings, in Endhammer, are fairly stable. Whereas in End Times, Nagash took the reigns, in Endhammer, Nagash tries to become the God of Death by eating Ushiran/Morr and ultimately succeeds... however, Nagash's gambit to become a god was a monkey's paw and he IS the God of Death, he's just trapped in the underworld like a gender-swapped Persephone. Because the god of death (Morr) lives in the underworld.

This frees the Tomb Kings and Nagash's starts yelling at Arkhan like Megatron at Starscream "get me out of here you useless, rotten-brained, vampire-loving idiot!"

There was also the suggestion that Balthasar Gelt, banished from the Empire, goes southward, first to the Border Princes to whoop Mannfred's ass and steal all of his necromancy/arcane grimoires, and then onwards to Nehkhara to learn yet more about Dhar and the Arcane. Someone wanted Balthasar Gelt and Settra to 'team up' (or Settra enslaves him) and Gelt finally gives Settra the body of molten gold he always wanted.

>tfw your lackeys always fuck up
>>
>>49427781
If it's Endhammer Settra, you can three motivations:

1. Expanding Empire

2. Punish the fuck-ups who went to Nagash's side, specifically vampire bitches like Mannfred.

3. Balthasar Gelt could tempt him with something like Ghal Maraz (not that Settra needs it, but Settra rules), or simply the fact that there is a nation with the arrogance to call itself "THE Empire" and ignore Settra... in hopes of later back-stabbing him, but using the Tomb Kings to propel himself to power.
>>
File: beetlejuice.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
beetlejuice.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>49428240
>There was also the suggestion that Balthasar Gelt, banished from the Empire, goes southward, first to the Border Princes to whoop Mannfred's ass and steal all of his necromancy/arcane grimoires, and then onwards to Nehkhara to learn yet more about Dhar and the Arcane. Someone wanted Balthasar Gelt and Settra to 'team up' (or Settra enslaves him) and Gelt finally gives Settra the body of molten gold he always wanted.

I like this as a concept, but ultimately Balthazar Gelt is as stubborn as Settra, in his own way. Gelt will eventually decide that he's the best person suited for leading the Empire.

>mfw I made that nagash-hades pic.
>>
>>49428295
Well, this would be the central conflict. Balthasar ultimately plotting to betray Settra in the end. I think it would make for a wonderful story, with Settra seeing Gelt as so far beneath him he doesn't even suspect treachery.

Or maybe that's just how Gelt thinks it is, but when he finally springs his trap, Settra's ready, because he always knew that northern dogs were good for nothing but biting the hand that feeds them.
>>
>>49428170
The elixir may not work with Skaven. In Night's Dark Masters, it's noted that no known elf, dwarf, or halfling vampires exist (which seems a retcon of that one dwarf vampire), but it's also unknown if it's possible or not.

I imagine a grey seer would love the idea of getting the blood kiss. This could actually be a great WFRP plotline where the PCs think they're dealing with vampires and end up getting bait-and-switched with skaven.
>>
>>49428170
>Skaven Vampires
There's a Skaven Clan that spent the most time fighting Nagash, they're obsessed with Death. Assuming you have an alternate universe to End Times where Nagash becomes a massively powerful god of Death its not hard to imagine some Skaven going full heretic and converting to worshiping him like Ghouls to Neferata.

>Dwarf Wizards
Eh...Dwarf bodies naturally repel magic. Chaos Dwarfs can only use magic by literally brute-forcing it into their bodies via runes and tattoos, but it turns them to stone slowly.

So Dwarf Wizards can't really happen. Not unless you had a special case, but that's a bit more than your garden variety female Orc or WFB Hobgoblin. Its kind of never been a thing, and most lore contradicts it being possible without going the Chaos Dwarf route. That being said, you could have non-Chaos Dwarfs adopt the practice. But it'd be very bizarre for them.

>SKELETON BLACK-OPS
So...assassins? An elite team that infiltrate?
If they're Tomb King-based, its pretty likely so long as you have the priest and king there. Or a priest/king, like a prince who serves his father in undeath and learned magic post-mortem so he can operate on his own.
Far less likely for VC ones, unless its Krell and/or a team of similarly rare and powerful Wights.

The vast majority of skeletons are kind of mindless and clumsy, only really animated by foul magics or by someone fairly VIP.
>>
>>49428345
>one dwarf vampire

Mannlet's not a Dwarf per se...

>Halfling Chaos/Unded Resistance
Is the Halflings' natural resistance to Chaos a nod to Tolkien's Hobbits resisting the power of the Ring?
>>
File: hayao_miyazaki.jpg (26KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
hayao_miyazaki.jpg
26KB, 620x300px
Endhammer was a mistake. Its nothing but Trash.
>>
>>49428394
Endhammer wasn't a mistake.
The mistake was The End Times
>>
>>49428442
you're right. The Endtimes was a mistake, it could have been so much more, and it didn't need to happen at all. Gw fucked up and its too late to go back now.

Endhammer isn't a mistake, its intentionally shit
>>
>>49428442
Don't address the samefag. You just prolong his existence. Ignore him.

>>49428295
Endhammer Settra does two-pronged attack. One northward at the Border Princes. One with a fleet into.. Would he start in some place like Tilea or Bretonnia or just full army through Border Princes?
>>
>>49428334
It could make for an interesting bit of introspection. Gelt working for someone so blatantly megalomaniac, only to slowly come to the same sort of conclusions.

It could even go down friendlier than that. Settra letting Gelt go when the wizard is ready to claim the throne, because he knows that the Empire will be weaker and easier for the picking if he throws Gelt back into the mix. Or maybe Settra just kills Gelt and somehow resses him as a Liche Priest and sends him off as a double agent

>>49428345
>it's noted that no known elf, dwarf, or halfling vampires exist

I wonder how much of that is because they're are none/few non-human vampires or because vampire hunters just aren't looking for non-human vampires?

>Elves are weird all the time anyway
>Dwarfs spend all their time underground in the dark
>Halflings...who would ever suspect their gluttonous ass when they order an extra serving of blood pudding.

>>49428358
> That being said, you could have non-Chaos Dwarfs adopt the practice. But it'd be very bizarre for them.

That'd be the concept. It's not something I imagine as a unit choice, but it could make for an interesting bit of flavour for an Empire army to have a Dwarf Loremaster of Metal.

>So...assassins? An elite team that infiltrate?
The working idea is a team sent on a falseflag operation. Guerilla tactics, terrorising farms and villages, making it look like the Vampire Counts were raising up again to force a confrontation between the Empire and the Carsteins.

>>49428370
>Mannlet's not a Dwarf per se...

There was an actual Dwarf Vampire in some of the Genevieve books.

>Is the Halflings' natural resistance to Chaos a nod to Tolkien's Hobbits resisting the power of the Ring?

Almost definitely. There are in-universe reasons, but there's no two ways around it.

>49428394
>49427262
Here's your >(You). Go play with the children.
>>
>>49428477
>Endhammer Settra does two-pronged attack. One northward at the Border Princes. One with a fleet into.. Would he start in some place like Tilea or Bretonnia or just full army through Border Princes?

Settra is supposed to be a tactical genius, right?

>Tilea and Estalia are either riddled with Skaven or in the middle of a campaign to drive them out, troops everywhere.

>Bretonnia is recovering from losing a shitload of its Knights and going through some sort of reformation, but don't forget dem Wood Elves everywhere.

>The Empire is pretty banged up, but is a clear target to anyone who wants a tasty slice of that action.

I'd say he'd send his army in one block en masse going up the Border Princes - even if he doesn't get to the Empire he'll expand his territory significantly as he goes along.

He'd probably send a feint using some ships and send them up the coast to divide his opponents attention.
>>
>>49428522
>The working idea is a team sent on a falseflag operation. Guerilla tactics, terrorising farms and villages, making it look like the Vampire Counts were raising up again to force a confrontation between the Empire and the Carsteins.
Might work. I think that the same basic tactic is used in Ulrika: Bloodborn, except it was a Von Carstein Necromancer and a Vargheist slave killing the Lahmians pretending to be human, and leaving them in vampire form pinned to buildings to cause panic. All because there was no Von Carstein activity in the area to be worried about, and because panic in the streets of Nulndon also caused disruptions of industry.

But again, for it to work with skeletons you need a VIP. They're more likely to find someone with magic talent far from their home and operations, teach them to be a weak Necromancer while pretending to be Von Carsteins, then just let him loose.
>>
>>49428557
The Estalian and Tilean ships heading to Lustria are suddenly disappearing... SKELLINGTON FLEET.
>>
>>49428758
Not him, but what does knowing something about other TK have to do with Settra's invasion attempts?

Besides that, Khalida is the only other important Tomb King. The rest are minor nobility (like Apophas) or servants (like the Necrotect character who's name I can't remember and I won't give you the satisfaction of me googling it), plus some flavor characters that were never important in any way.

Fuck, even Amanhotep never actually did anything except participate in two important things. He had no effect on them though.
>>
>>49428811
>Not him, but what does knowing something about other TK have to do with Settra's invasion attempts?

Probably because it raises important questions: If Settra is off invading the Old World, what's happening back at home?

Does Settra have a strong base of operations to return to, or is some other Tomb King going to try and pull a fast one while he's off on his Grand Crusade? Or is Nagash going to come and shit over everything again?

If you guys have an issue with a troll, just report him and move on. If you argue with a retard, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
>>
>>49428758
The only other tomb kings of any importance were King Phar of Numas and King Pharak who appears several times but doesn't do much. Settra and Khalida are the only ones who actually are tomb kings, the rest of the named characters are just the best of their character type.

And what does this have anything to do with settras invasion of the old world? Am I not allowed to discuss any warhammer hypothetical situations unless I know 100% of the information off the top of my head, without being able to reference any of the rulebooks I have? It's also pretty rich that a shithammer fag would question my knowledge of the fluff, seeing how badly you raped it for your fanwank
>>
>>49428644
>The Estalian and Tilean ships heading to Lustria are suddenly disappearing... SKELLINGTON FLEET.

There's a question - all these sunken fleets across the oceans of the Old World would make a veritable treasure trove of undead soldiers.

Are there any ocean going undead forces that raise sunken ships and give them a skeleton crew?
>>
>>49428727

And what is stopping you from still discussing Settra invading the Old World?
>>
>Endhammer Tomb Kings

Settra makes plans to spread Nehekhara north, while leaving Ramhotep the Visionary behind to 'rebuild' and hold down the fort against the Lizardmen who landed in the Southlands.

Amanhotep, the Bret-hating Tomb King for Dreadfleet, is unleashed to harass Bret, Estalian, and Tilean shipping lanes up and down the coast of the steadily recovering Old World. Meanwhile, Settra leads the army through the badlands, killing Orcs and Vampire-turned Border Princes on the way.

The newly-turned Vampire Prince of Brovska marches out with an army. Mannfred von Carstein HIMSELF turned him into a Vampire and taught him the ways of magic. Little does the Vampire Prince know his necromancy is a pittance compared to the weakest of Mortuary Cultists. But he's used to fighting Orcs and Humans. He thinks himself invincible.

Settra rides forth to parley with the Vampire. Not because he thinks these mongrels deserve parley, but because he has a Safari-like interest in the animal men of the north, undead or not. Normally, he'd let Nekaph take the creature's head, but Nekaph is fucking dead. So, instead, he lets Prince Apophas take the challenge.

The 'immortal' vampire prince is promptly consumed by scarabs and Settra's Mortuary Cult takes control of the undead army of the western Border Princes.

Meanwhile, Settra's western flank is abruptly blocked by the High Elves under Tyrion and Alarielle having set up shop in the western Border Princes and Barak Varr starting to come back online. He sends Sehenesmet and his Colossi to hold them off as he keeps marching northward.

Mannfred's either been bested by Gelt already and is licking his wounds, or he runs away in the face of Settra's host. Other Vampire Border Princes are mostly ignored, as they don't come out to fight Settra, but he does send lesser Kings to dominate their armies and add them to his host. That's when they come into Blackfire Pass.
>>
>>49428941
"Phar of Numas" Fucking End Times retcon trash. Shows what kind of Warhammer Fantasy fan you are, samefag.

Phar was from Mahrak until bullshit End Times you cunt. It shows you're not really a fan. Just a fucking troll.

>>49429028
(And for those who were fans of Grimgor in Storm of Chaos, could be funny for Settra to be on the verge of conquering the Empire and Vlad when Grimgor's Waaagh! comes marching out of the East.)
>>
>>49428949
Amanhotep of Zandri has a boat in Dreadfleet.
>>
>>49428973
Both shithammer posters are active right now and throwing up walls of text about their shit ideas. There's only 5 other posters in this thread right now, which makes sense since most Europeans are sleeping right now. I'd rather wait till later when actual discussion can begin and other anons don't have to dig through the smegma.
>>
>>49428923
Nagash is only a factor in End Times, otherwise its just Arkhan being a mercenary.

The other TK shouldn't factor into Settra's plans. He's left home or been defeated for extended period before, like those WoC that fucked with him, and all other TK are too scared to do shit.

Its like asking what the other Warbosses are doing when Grimgor or Skarsnik gets active. They don't really factor in.
>>
>>49429106
That's not how text threads work, anon, lines of text don't talk over people. Quit being a bitch and just talk about your fucking idea already!
>>
File: cart.jpg (123KB, 567x872px) Image search: [Google]
cart.jpg
123KB, 567x872px
God I miss real 7th-8th Edition Warhammer. To pull this thread back on a civil track...

What's everyone working on? I'm currently painting up a Lord of the Rings Mumak of Harad...

but once I finish the beast, I'm going to probably restart my Bretonnia army. I've been looking at Perry Miniatures for a start, despite the slight size difference, I'm looking to do a very "low fantasy" Game of thrones type of Army. Gritty, dark muted colors. etc.. Anyone use Perry Mini's?
>>
>>49429132
Why not have Settra use them as lieutenants/servants?

Also, if Gelt successfully gives him a molten gold body (sensation sold separately) what becomes of Khatep?
>>
>>49429168
how big is the mumakil? Is it the real size or sized down?
>>
>>49429168
Endhammer guy here. I talk about most of the lore discussions where you say "lol shithammer isn't here" because I can talk about multiple things. Ebay still has good deals on Bretonnians. Saw a new Louen going for $30 the other day.
>>
>>49429106
Then why are you posting here? You understand Endhammer fans aren't limited to one time zone?
>>
>>49429051
Phar was the King of Numas in 8ed you shitmonger, there's a whole story about him buttfucking orcs and Skaven in it. TK 8ed was made before the boks started tying directly into ET. Holy shit do you get this triggered when people say Eltharion isn't blind anymore, or that Morathi isnt a slaanesh worshipper, or that half orcs don't exist In the setting?
>>
>>49429168
Not saying Perry's isn't good. Their Koreans are my Cathay miniatures for WFRP adventures. But Bretonnians aren't totally out of the game. And there are people selling just the helmets for reasonable prices, which you can combine with the Perry knights if you greenstuff their shoulders and dimensions up a bit.
>>
>>49429221
Eltharion/Morathi yes, because it's dumb. Half-Orcs, no, because that's been that way for ages, since Storm of Chaos.

Eltharion's still blind, and Endhammer fixes Morathi by making her a Slaaneshi again.
>>
File: phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg (67KB, 539x317px) Image search: [Google]
phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg
67KB, 539x317px
>>49429186
>>49429237
I don't know, I've seen some CRAZY jacked up prices for brets on Ebay recently...I've steered clear...besides I've owned an offical GW Bret army before. Wouldn't mind working on another company's models.

Also, What do you guys think I could use in the way of a trebuchet? Again considering I don't use the GW one? Any model companies come to mind that has something remotely Bret style?
>>
>>49429272
>Half-Orcs, no, because that's been that way for ages, since Storm of Chaos.

Have Half-Orcs been referenced since 1ed WFRP?
>>
>>49429306
I got nothing immediately coming to mind. Google's your friend. However, you're gonna need more Great Helms for a Bret army. Nasal helms, while cool, just aren't Breton.

Have you checked out Warlord Gaming for Longbowmen and Knights? They're my go-to for Kislevite miniatures for WFRP (and if I ever decided to make a full Kislev counts-as-Empire army). They're also where I got my Celestial Wizard (it's their Marcus Aurelius model).
>>
>>49429359
I dunno man. I'm willing to admit I'm not an oldfag. I only got into the hobby around Storm of Chaos.
>>
File: ballista.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ballista.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>>49429306
Use ballista instead?
>>
File: onager.jpg (40KB, 552x600px) Image search: [Google]
onager.jpg
40KB, 552x600px
>>49429306
or Onager
>>
>>49429395
Here's a question for you then, what are your thoughts on Storm of Chaos v. End Times? Ignoring the whole 'world blowing up' bit, what did you think of the different take on essentially the same concept?
>>
>>49429437
>MuhOnager.jpeg

>>49429028
Does Dreadfleet have Dwarf Submarines?
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>49429272
Let me get this straight. You hate new fluff, you hate the endtimes, and your solution to that was endhammer which uses ET for most of its ideas? Not even trying to fight or shitpost you right now, I'm genuinely curious dude
>>
File: wp_20160628_008_27367809183_o.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
wp_20160628_008_27367809183_o.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>49429383
Well like I said, this go 'round with Brets, I want to do a more darker, Game of Thrones style look to them. The Nasal helms as you call them, fit the asthetic to that affect. But yea I may do some kit bashing...

This will be far off anyway, I have an entire Mumakil and crew to paint up.
>>
>>49429443
Not him, but I thought I'd answer this.

SoC was way too empire centric. We know that everyone was participating, but there's almost no fluff on what the Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Bretonnians or skaven were doing. It was almost all empire+dwarfs vs Chaos and orcs. Didn't like how orcs ended up allying with chaos, even if only for a bit. They didn't do enough with the names characters and none of the losses really hurt. Oh no, you killed Volkmar and some haos characters made up for this event? No one cares. At the end it feels like nothing really happened. Mannfred shows up wih his massive army then just fucks off, Grimgor sucker punches archaon then leaves, archaon manages to walk away without getting killed by one of his underlings, etc. the empire is left decimated but it's hard to tell if you didn't read the role playing books, and for the most part business carries on as usual. Valten is conveniently removed and the only thing that could be said to have changed was the potential sigmarite church schism. Overall, a whole lot occurred, but not enough happened.

endtimes started off alright, though I hated the whole "entire towns get raped by daemons without a fight" aspect to the opening. In contrast to SoC, too much happened too fast. entire nations get wiped out in months, cities that have withstood centuries of seige get BTFO in a day, and all the bad guys seem to have things that make you wonder why they didn't just use them in the first place. Way too much plot induced stupidity though, especially on the part of the humans, elves, dwaefs and undead. Really hated how OP they made chaos. It felt like even from the start there was no chance, and after Glottkin you pretty much were certain chaos was going to win.
>>
>>49429476
Endhammer dude will bite on bait now.

I have always hated End Times and always preferred Storm of Chaos. It's what I started with. I always looked forward to Games Workshop eventually addressing the dangling story threads (two Grand Theogonists, Valten 'disappeared,' the Skaven plotting something new). However, as the years went on, people forgot about it. More and more, I'd go to a GW and people would say "Storm of what? Magic?"

Or "lol, yeah when Grimgor headbutted Archaon? That was such a stupid campaign GW ran. Why'd you bring it up?"

So, End Times comes along, completely drops the ball, fucks up royally, ruins most of the lore, but at least people fucking knew what it was. So, I started doing what I could to salvage it. The point was never to 'replace' End Times as in "it never happened" but to do what I could with the skeleton of End Times both to flesh out more of the factions that got ignored and find a way to have the world survive that still used the basic template of the End Times.

It wasn't because I thought the End Times was good or because I thought it was a great writer. I just saw some missed opportunities and none of my current gaming friends even appreciated Storm of Chaos.

It started with my write up for salvaging Tilea in the End Times, which is still on the 1d4chan page.

Then I realized I didn't have enough knowledge to fix most of it, and at the end of the day, I thought it was a fun thought experiment. So, first I went to other Warhammer forums (Warseer and shit like that) because I didn't feel super comfortable on /tg/. I was afraid of getting roasted and didn't want to disturb the mourning and Age of Sigmar hate.

Ultimately, those forums were a bust, so I came here, found that a lot of people really liked the idea and wanted to help. They suggested I make the 1d4chan page, and that was that. Endhammer was 'a thing.'
>>
>>49429487
Nasal helm. Spangenhelm. Whatever you wanna call it. "Conical Norman Helm."

Most people I know call it a nasal helm.

Personally, I wanna see more barbutes...
>>
>>49429893

Should End Times have taken a leaf out of the Storm Of Chaos book and made it a player driven campaign, but split the event up into multiple campaigns with cross-over effects?

So you'd have Empire vs. Chaos as one massive campaign, Skaven vs. Lizardmen as another, Orcs vs. Dwarfs, Tomb Kings vs. Anything that doesn't run away fast enough?

Or maybe even just break End Times down into a series of campaigns that focussed on specific elements of the End Times and were influenced by the results of the previous campaigns? Play it out over a series of months/years and let players take control in the destruction/salvation of the Old World?

I think my big beef with SoC was that they claimed it was player driven, and then promptly ignored player results. Like, I'd have been fine if they just had the campaign and said 'This is what happens' but lying about how gamers could influence the setting was a dick move.
>>
>>49429972
That would require spending actual money on impartial tournament proctors and dealing with balance issues first.
>>
>>49429070
Poor Amanhotep. Got stolen by Brets and buried in Bretonnia, only to have to fight his way back to Nehekhara over land. Gets home, finds out some fucking mortal douchebag stole all his gold so he has to go get it back. Doesn't get it back, fucking shipwrecks, makes it back to Nehekhara by swimming just in time for End Times. Gets wrekt by Nagash, then has to march back to the Empire with all the other grumbling Tomb Kings. Then the fucking world ends.

He's basically Waspinator.
>>
>>49429172
>Why not have Settra use them as lieutenants/servants?
Because they're inferior.

No, seriously. Settra united Nehekhara back in his own day, but didn't use any of them back then either. He leads his army, all he needs is more troops. Not people to sit at his table.

>Also, if Gelt successfully gives him a molten gold body (sensation sold separately) what becomes of Khatep?
Nothing good, that's for sure. But it depends how Settra feels, really. He could be the only Tomb King character Settra forbids from ever having a gold body (none will have as splendid one as Settra of course), or he could end up dismantled and spread across Nehekhara. Or buried beneath a new pyramid city. Or have his skull fired at Nagash's pyramid.
>>
>>49429988
>That would require spending actual money on impartial tournament proctors and dealing with balance issues first.

Eh. Have it apply to in-store games only. Could be used to drive attendance (and thus increase chance of sales) up.

As for the balance issues...meh. Balance issues are always going to be a problem in a points based wargame that uses player placed terrain.

If anything, the unbalanced armies could have been a better way for GW to push results the way they wanted to rather than just 'lawl nah, Archaon keeps going'.

Storm of Chaos saw a gradual decrease in the number of players attending it and submitting results as it became clearer and clearer that GW didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>49430075
Yeah, but I wanna be able to see all of the Tomb Kings in action. Want to give Tomb Kings a way to play with their toys. And you gotta provide regional 'villains' while Settra is conquering into the Empire.

Otherwise, the High Elves and Dwarfs just face "tomb goons" led by nobody in particular.

However, more and more this "Tomb Kings Settra Attack on Empire" is feeling like a campaign/army book and less like the basis for Endhammer. Have endhammer start with Settra being contacted by Gelt, and then Tomb Kings Invasion can be a campaign. Hell, we can even do "Set Battles" with points assigned, terrain, and armies like the old books used to. And how Empire at War described individual battles.
>>
>>49430026
>then has to march back to the Empire with all the other grumbling Tomb Kings

Meanwhile the Skaven are using an underground warp-steam train system to see the world.

>>49430141
>campaign/army book and less like the basis for Endhammer.

A big chunk of ideas for Endhammer would work well as just campaigns/army books that could be used for any Warhammer game.
>>
Settras invasion of the old world started off separate from Endhammer, so let's talk about how that would work. How do we make a campaign with Settra the primary antagonist instead of Archaon or Nagash? Since at least 6ed it's been said that the armies of Nehekara are amassing behind him to enact his great conquest of the world. There's no way he just pulled this idea out of his ass, he's probably been planning this shit for years. Centuries even. We know that Settra is a tactical genius and was capable of challenging pre-war of the beard level dwarfs and lizardmen using living troops. We also know that he has never lost a war, and that he now commands an army far larger than he ever has before. With all this in mind, who gets attacked first? How does he go about attacking the old world? Who does he deem the biggest threat to his armies? And how long does the campaign take?
>>
>>49430416
If we're gonna fanwank I'd rather it be in Endhammer.

Or go back to the "Magnus the Pious campaign" ideas that got floated months ago.
>>
>>49430429
>endhammer is the only possible alternate scenario and all speculative discussion must take place in endhammer
Please kill yourself, at least the actual endhammer guys suggested to talk about this and just ignore endhammer if we didn't like it
>>
>>49430416
Endhammer guy here.

Border Princes would be attacked first just because they're closest. Or Orcs in Badlands, I guess, but they hardly fucking count.

Dwarfs? they'd just shut themselves in their holes and Settra would be like, "You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to entomb yourself after you're dead."

And then he'd shake his head at the retarded muppets and keep going.
>>
>>49430663
>>49430416

Look at it from a tactical perspective. There's one place that Settra can take his force and basically dominate the world:

The sea.

Or the air, if he figures out skellicopters, but lets work with the sea for now.

If Settra manages to dominate the oceans, he can effectively siege the world and slowly strangle it. Without valuable sea trade, a lot of cities and nations would slowly starve and crumble. The Dark Elves might be able to get around that with their Underocean, but it's a damn great start.

The next big issue is the Dark Beneath the World. Settra might have a huge army, but the Skaven Under Empire might actually span the length and width of the entire planet, and they've got mad trains down there.

The best bet might be for Settra to send his fleet to dominate the oceans whilst the main force of his foot sloggers and chariots goes under ground, rooting out the rats from their nests first. Most major cities have Skaven warrens directly beneath them. If Settra were to take those first, he could effectively place his troops straight underneath every major city and try and take over the world in a day.
>>
>>49430663
First, i see Settra splitting his armies into at least 3 major contingents. One vast fleet to sail up past bretonnia and wreck their port cities to prevent their navies from intervening, one smaller fleet to land in Tilea, and a massive overland army to march through the badlands.

Orcs either unite in the face of a full blown tomb king invasion and get beaten in some climactic battle, or Scatter before the oncoming sea of bone and stir up trouble in the border princes. The border princes would be weakened by orcs by the time the first tomb king armies show up, and would be overwhelmed in short order. To be fair, that would be the case even if they were at full strength.

While this is happening, the Tomb kings in Tilea slowly grind down the city states and either force them to swear fealty or wipe them out utterly. These armies meet up with the armies from the badlands and March through blackfire pass, attacking the empire from the south. The fleets wrecking bretonnia split off and blockade Marienburg, and maybe even cause enough damage to that city to push through and use the river system. If this happens, they can sail all the way to Altdorf if need be.
>>
>>49430757
Settra solves rat problem with the Great Flattening.

He marches all of Nehrkhara into a spot and orders them all to jump up and down in unison until the earth flattens down and fills all the tunnels
>>
>>49431015
Silliness aside, Settra, like every other faction in the setting other than dwarfs, likely treats Skaven with such contempt that he doesn't even bother trying to oust them. Who knows, maybe the skaven will be the ones to assassinate Settra and force him to end the campaign. They wouldn't be able to destroy him completely, but they could force him to go back to nehekara to regenerate, effectively saving the old world. Then, settra would definitely turn his attention on the skaven next and would probably invade skavenblight itself. and if its anything like what he did to the chaos warriors, it doesn't end well for skaven
>>
>>49431095
>Silliness aside, Settra, like every other faction in the setting other than dwarfs, likely treats Skaven with such contempt that he doesn't even bother trying to oust them. Who knows, maybe the skaven will be the ones to assassinate Settra and force him to end the campaign.

>Doesn't bother to oust them
>A faction with military bases beneath every target he might want to take
>Tactical genius
>>
>>49429928
That's ok but why don't you make a proper endhammer thread like Asunder?

It would have more visibility and far less trolling.
>>
>>49431329
>It would have more visibility and far less trolling.
>Thinking anti-Endhammer fags wouldn't go to troll anyway.

But seriously, when Endhammer has a more grounded base and ideas they'll probably go that route.
>>
Who'd be more likely to land on one of the moons and make a moonbase - Skaven or Chaos Dwarfs?
>>
File: wat.jpg (15KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
15KB, 500x319px
>>49431617
Chaos Dwarfs

In a

>"I must go, my people need me"
>"Chaos dwarfs died in the way to their new planet"

way.
>>
>>49431664
>Chaos Dwarfs
>Not Firmir or Zoat already there, waiting to say hello. Hanging out with Malal and Solkan.
>>
>>49431368
"NotSlav" aka "samefag" aka "vladfag" here. I wouldn't follow endhammer into its own thread, I only want it gone from warhammer fantasy general. I wouldn't shitpost there any more than I'd shitpost in any of the threads about material I don't like. I will refrain from shitting on endhammer for now As long as there is an effort to give it its own thread
>>
>>49429168
I'm currently burnt out, so I can't bring myself to work on anything.
Where I stopped is mid-conversion of a test Wildwood Rangers unit.
>>
>>49431617
>"Ahahaha! We have landed on Morrslieb! Infinite supply of Warpstone to fuel our magic, forge chaous armour and engage in all-round chaos dickery! And we get to see the world BURN while sitting safely on the moon! Perfect plan!"
>...elsewhere...
>"Fire-shoot the Morkittar Engine, yes-yes!"
>>
>>49431782
I genuinely laughed out loud.
>>
>>49425524
Am I the only one that wants to tell the guy in that picture to pull his pants up before continuing on with whatever he's doing?
>>
>>49429306
the problem with bretonnians is that they wear mixed armor from different time periods, that you'll not find on historical minis.

You can get a handful of 13th century helmets with crests from Mirmilton. Slightly different styles than the GW stuff though.
Other than that you'll mostly find germanic knights in terms of 13th century miniatures with helmet crests.
>>
>>49431756

You do get that if you act like a cunt and drive away people interested in Endhammer into their own thread, they'll just talk about /wfg/ stuff there instead right? Same thing happens in /AoS/ and /wfrpg/. You're just quarantining yourself away from others.

Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.
>>
>>49432292
Ignore the troll.

>Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>49428557
What would be the result of Settra conquering Old World?
Mass slaughter of humans to make more skeletons or just higher ups of administration will be changed and for most of people it would be business as usual, maybe with less corruption?
>>
>>49433054
Change of administration. I don't think Tomb King resurrect the dead like Vampire Counts do.
>>
>>49433077
Then I accept our new skeletal overlords.

Settra 2016 lets make Old World great again.

No to mention that united old world with aid of necromancy will just BTFO anything that chaos may try to throw at old world.
>>
>>49433162
>united old world with aid of necromancy wi
>Empire either becomes a necrachy or the Emperor is constantly advised and pestered by all of his Undead ancestors, constantly complaining about how things were done back in their day.
>>
Nagash rules.
Settra serves.
>>
File: tomb keks btfo.jpg (1MB, 1149x811px) Image search: [Google]
tomb keks btfo.jpg
1MB, 1149x811px
>>49433290
Settra was weak.
>>
>>49427743
Wasn't there a "Skaven clans" pic, that showed that the Skaven under Norsca commonly had mutations?
>>
>>49433325
I know being exposed to a warpstorm in the Chaos Wastes turned one of Thanquol's subordinates from a ratlet to a swole, Horned badass.
>>
>>49433509
Fuck yeah, Lurk.

Actually, he serves as a good example of Skaven resistance to mutation. A storm like that, for as long as he was exposed, would have turned most humans into full blown spawn.

Lurk becomes a fucking communist rat-ogre intent on leading the next revolution to bring down the ratgeoisie
>>
>>49433540
I liked Lurk a lot, it's a shame we never saw him again.

RIP, rat in peace
>>
Wud u pat a skaven?
>>
>>49433682
Only that one from anons story about the blind guy and the ratman.
>>
>>49433705
omeg
Someone actually remembers my story about Krask?
>>
File: 1470696573877.png (24KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1470696573877.png
24KB, 853x543px
>>49433682
With axe of course.
>>
>>49433711
Fa/tg/uys may bitch and moan and shit on everything new and different. But we remember.
>>
>>49433892
I was planning on writing a second, and possibly other chapters, but I'm out of whisky. And my computer died so I lost all my notes and anything pertaining to Krask.
>>
File: 7.png (165KB, 705x847px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
165KB, 705x847px
>>49433196

I don't think the bloody Emperor allows it.
>>
>the one guy defending end
hammer every thread
>the one guy shitting on endhammer every thead
it never ends
>>
>>49435067
I think they came to an understanding.

Or at least the anti-endhammer dude didn't say anything after the Endhammer dude explained his motivation.
>>
So, one thing I was always wondering is:

What if WHFB had rules for transports in general or the game was built in a way to reward such rapid maneuver of troops?

The Empire would probably get Kislevite-style War Wagons.

The Lizardmen get their giant dino-things.

Dwarves with Assault Gyrocopters ("Black Rock Down!")

Etc.
>>
Endhammer Elf Dude. We need you.

You never gave us specifics on which elf heroes/lords other than the main guys survive the cataclysm. Korhil? Alith Anar? Eltharion?
>>
>>49435482
>Dwarves with Assault Gyrocopters ("Black Rock Down!")
>Not Mining Cart Parainfantry
>>
>>49435555
Quads demand statline!
>>
File: Kislev Hussars.jpg (183KB, 950x796px) Image search: [Google]
Kislev Hussars.jpg
183KB, 950x796px
>>49435482
Kislev stronk
>>
>>49433705
>>49433711
Explain?
>>
File: IMG_5734.jpg (47KB, 426x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5734.jpg
47KB, 426x301px
How would the Hero Of Kvatch or the Dragonborn fare in WFB? Or ET?

The HoK went into the realm of demons every time he could and killed them until they stopped trying to fuck up reality, then became the embodiment of chaos itself and continued keeping them busy.

DB killed elves and dragons until they stopped fucking up reality, and became the chosen of no less than five different gods.

Both figured out how to manipulate reality at will.
>>
>>49436424
TES has far less handwavium bullshit than Warhammer.

not very well.
>>
>>49436538
How would Archaon and the other faction leaders fare in TES?
>>
File: feature-43.jpg (70KB, 667x231px) Image search: [Google]
feature-43.jpg
70KB, 667x231px
here's a question for you nerds to reply to instead of arguing

I'm not very deep into WHFB but I really dig the Iron Warriors legion in 40k. Is there a chaos warband in FB that matches up with them, in terms of either appearances, methods/beliefs, or both?
>>
File: Capturee.jpg (45KB, 325x491px) Image search: [Google]
Capturee.jpg
45KB, 325x491px
>>49436668

Not in the form of a warband, most Chaos worshipers in FB are barbarians.

However the Chaos Dwarfs are a pretty good matchup. They're evil industrialists who love hoarding and experimenting on slaves. Main difference is the Chaos Dwarfs are more Babylonian. But they're probably the closest you'll get.
>>
>>49436668
>I'm not very deep into WHFB but I really dig the Iron Warriors legion in 40k. Is there a chaos warband in FB that matches up with them, in terms of either appearances, methods/beliefs, or both?
There really isn't an army that specialized in siege warfare particularly.
There used to be a Dogs of War regiment that did specialize by using cannons though.

Guess the closest you could get would be to use a Nuln themed technicus army with a lot of heavy weapons and a steam tank.

You won't get the 'industrial' look Iron Warriors have due to the warning stripes though. Just doesn't happen in the setting.
Closest you could get on that front might be chaos warriors painted up in dirty and worn metal.

Can't really think of a direct analogue though.
>>
>>49436661
their power's of writer's fiat will disappear.
Archaon gets beaten to death by a bunch of argonians/khaijit who promptly sell his armor for skooma.
>>
Feedback on a disease for Mousillon, anyone?

>Morr's Noose

>A plague that briefly swept Mousillon. Initial symptoms resembled the common cold, but ability to breathe rapidly worsened over the course of about a week. In the terminal stage, a red ring resembling a rope burn appeared around the neck. Typically, patients drowned in their own mucus, died of pneumonia, or perished from exhaustion. Survivors of this plague are marked: a thin red line resembling a rope burn lingers years after the infection has run its course, never fading entirely.
>>
>>49436661
Chaos doesn't exist in Elder Scrolls.

Archaon falls over screaming in terror, bladder letting go involuntarily as his masters are cut off. His weapons instantly lose their magic. Vivec shows up, rapes him, and then banishes him from this Starry Heart.
>>
>>49436735
At first I was put off by because
>dwarves

but then after some reading
Unlike regular Dwarfs, they make use of terrible magical powers, gifts from their bull-god Hashut. However, because Dwarfs were never meant to use magic, its power slowly but inevitably turns their sorcerers to stone

uh yes I think I can get into these, and what I assume are newer models look great too
>>
>>49436661
To be honest SoC is kind of similar to Oblivion Crisis.
Demonic forces attack the realm, barrier between worlds is weakened, evil thing is tries to stop the sacred fires from being lit.

So chaos would invade, fight the Empire, Archaon would storm IC, would win against Hero of Kavatch, break into temple of One, just in time to see Martin Septim becoming dragon avatar of Akatosh. Then Akatosh would proceed to utterly rekt everchosen.

And for the last dragonborn, Archaon would be dead.
Both everchosen and Alduin hold similar role, they are lords of the end times destined to end the world. But dragonborn decided that end of the world is not going to happen and killed god powered dragon lord. Chosen of chaos seems a weaker opponent than Alduin.

TFW when Skyrim was end times for TES but it did not resulted in retarded age of Talos, thanks Bethesda.

But real asnwer is:
They would fare as plot demands.

So as player would be probably against chaos, then chaos don't stand a chance.
>>
>>49437237
I know you hate Archaon and all but Archaon/Kastner was a Knight Templar/Witch Hunter before he walked the Path of Glory, he has the skills to handle whatever TES throws at him.
>>
>>49437288
not really.

TES has a race of elves that transcend reality or attempt to do so.

Archaon is too dumb to comprehend CHIM
>>
>>49437288
Yeah, no.

Vivec rapes gods for fun. Your Shadow the Hedgehog witch hunter is going to get his shit pushed in.
>>
>>49437288
So he was an ordinator, member of the blades, companion or imperial knight.
All of above mentioned are bellow high end TES enemies.
I'd rate at around steam centurion power level at best.

Bellow dragon preists, Manimarco, Vivec, Dagoth Ur, Jagrum Tharan, Divat Fyr, Neloth, Kodlak, Savos Aren, and we are still in mortal tier and did not mention any of protagonists.
>>
>>49437311
>>49437312
>>49437394
Why are pitting a human knight against gods. I didn't mean as in he will fight gods or somesuch. I just mean that he will be alright questing around or perhaps forming a new crew of warriors and bandits.
>>
>>49437394
>Vivec, Dagoth Ur
>mortal tier
>>
File: Destroyer of Worlds.png (3MB, 1333x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer of Worlds.png
3MB, 1333x1021px
>>49437433
That's me assuming that Archaon losses his Chaos God empowerment when he reaches TES as those two anons said.

If Archaon is allowed to retain his god gifted power, then (picture related). Goodbye TES universe.
>>
>>49437478
I bet the nigga doesn't even read sermons.

Skywind when?
>>
>>49437479
you do realize that the entire TESverse is a dream right?
Archaon and his power of GW's stupidity don't magically jump into TESverse.

Now fuck off back to shilling for Duardin Fyreslayers Or Aelves.
>>
>>49437478
>Implying false gods are real gods.
My sword enchanted with Vivec soul speaks about his mortality.

>>49437479
I don't know what badly written OP power he got to get through End Times, but his performance in SoC says that he will not fare to well.
Yest still TES had it's destroyer of worlds, he got rekt by dragonborn and when chaos tried to invade it was rekt by Martin Septim.
>>
>>49437514
>you do realize that the entire TESverse is a dream right?

Even dreams can die and Archaon has extinguished dreams before. It wouldn't be the first time Archaon ended a dream reality. You know the "Nothing" from the Neverending Story? The end of all dreams and imagination. The final oblivion, "The Nevermore". That IS Archaon.

>Archaon and his power of GW's stupidity don't magically jump into TESverse.

Then why ask how he will do in TES. Crossover questions are always stupid.
>>
>>49437582
Mostly just to laugh at how badly your shitty mary sue dies when he doesn't have automatic writer's fiat on his side.
>>
>>49438308
>what if Archaon got put in another universe but lost all his powers?
>lol he'd get stomped
Pretty rich, you want to make fun of Archaon by saying he gets BTFO in TES but you have to nerf him down to a depowered witch hunter to prove your point. It's like you don't even know how to do crossovers, which are already cancer to this board
>>
>>49438550
Archaon couldn't even win in his OWN setting without GW rewriting shit THREE TIMES.
>>
>>49438550
If he retained his powers he probably would be stomped as well.
As this general is pre-end times then we should look at SoC.
What he did?
Amassed an army, hardly impressive.
Defeated one province based nation(Kislev) and burned in province region (Ostalnd).
Then he was countered by one provincial army (TES Empire spans entire continent, not part like Sigmar's one) and his demon host lost.
So in TES by military terms he would defeat Skyrim and raze Bruma then march on IC where legion stops him.

In personal combat he won against avatar of regional god(Sigmar) but with troubles and then got stumped by big but still mundane orc.
So in TES he could duel against Ur or one of Tribunal, Neveraine or Hero of Kavatch(before SI).
That's high tier but still there are bigger fish like the Nine or Daedra Lords.
>>
>>49438943
GW does it it wants. It's their setting, they can whatever they want like how TES devs can write whatever they want.

Why are some Warhams fag so fucking entitled that they think they own the setting. This has to be the only fandom that does this.
>>
>>49439167
>Why are some Warhams fag so fucking entitled that they think they own the setting.

Might be something to do with the fact that we put food in their mouths.
>>
>>49439146
>n personal combat he won against avatar of regional god(Sigmar)

Sigmar is the being who defeated Nagash, Morkar, and a couple of power daemon princes. Don't brush him off like a minor godling.

And Grimgor was the largest and strongest black Orc of that era and he only managed to beat on Archaon because Archaon lost the will to fight after receiving a crisis of faith from Valten's chest. Grimgor wouldn't touch Archaon in any other circumstance because Grimgor isn't even on his level. Grimgor couldn't beat Krom a guy Archaon defeated in less than a minute.

Also Archaon wrestled a Bloodthirster and chocked it with its own whip. But the most impressive feat of Archaon was being the only mortal being in ALL of creation (and the multiverse) who encountered Slaanesh xirself and rejected her seduction. This shows willpower worthy of a god.
>>
>>49439167
>mentions entitlement
opinion discarded
>>
>>49439215
You giving them money is irrelevant. You choose to give them money, they didn't force you. And you buying their products doesn't entitle you to control how they develop them. Seriously, only GW games fanbases seem to struggle with this concept.

And If you don't like where they are going with their setting, you can choose to stop giving them money. It's not like will care. If you don't give them your money somebody else will.
>>
>>49439303
What do you call his whining and tantrums? Smells like entitlement, looks like entitlement, and tastes like entitlement.

I mean he just admitted that just because he spent money on their products he is entitled to control their product. Not a good idea considering, you know, your Endhammer business.

You might stuff your ears but his entitlement is like a fat petulant child.
>>
>>49439371
>entitlement, entitlement, entitlement
this is your post

this is a discussion board, please attempt to use actual argumentation
>>
>>49439404
You are the one trying to shut down discussion because one word triggered you.

SJW-much?
>>
File: Slavposting.webm (2MB, 996x560px) Image search: [Google]
Slavposting.webm
2MB, 996x560px
@49439415
oh shit, I just realized, sincere apologies for falling for that shit /wfb/
>>
>>49439459
If you think I am the Slavshitposter, then you are a deluded piece of shit.

Seriously, I am offended. Also you were triggered by a word and then you invoked a bogeyman. All in effort to shutdown a discussion where you were clearly losing. "SJW" tactics personified.
>>
Anybody interested in a minipoll for Balthasar Gelt in Endhammer?

1. Dr. Doom Wizard Lord plotting to take over the Empire from a mountain fortress.

2. Working behind the scenes to control Nuln as his base of operations to take over the Empire

3. Tracking down Dhar grimoires and running into Settra and the Tomb Kings?

Some combination of these?
>>
>>49439260
>Sigmar is the being who defeated Nagash, Morkar
But Valten is not Sigmar. I'm not even sure)and may be mistaken) that god Sigmar is the same being that emperor Sigmar was. God Sigmar may be as well unrelated warp construct created by belief.
Also Sigmar is venerated in Empire only. So his power boost from "clap your hands if you believe" is smaller than this of Ulric, Morr, Taal and so on. He'd be on par with Myrmidia in god's power that he can spare to empower his champion.

Archaon's feats are impressive but TES is universe of people doing other impressive things.
Finding all artifacts of chaos is like finding all Daedric artifacts, great thing but you still can find enough other artifacts to throw against them and probably some one did that in their own playthrough.
Winning with eldritch horror at their own game is a thing in TES lore (it tends to end badly but you can win for a time).

But still we can't really compare such things as godly power as there is no measure for it.

If we would like to go by in universe role then he is as lord of end times equivalent of Alduin and would have similar power in TES. So world ending threat but still could be defeated by some random heroes or killed by dragonborn.
>>
File: slavs tear it up2!.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
slavs tear it up2!.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>49439494
>shutdown a discussion
>says the guy who literally said "GW does it it wants. It's their setting" on an actual powerlevel discussion between settings

>SJW tactics
>says the guy who can't answer a post without mentioning "ur entitled"

>implying I'm the same guy you were arguing with, prosecution complex?
>implying you are not slavposter
>>
Someone wanna give me a price check on how much a box of empire Knights should cost based on it's rarity?

>INB4 "don't bother, buy 3rd party."
>>
>>49439879
Stop with the says bullshit.

Lets review your crimes.

1-Refuses what's canonical in the setting for no reason other not liking it and because it would break your hatefuck fantasy

I mean you wanted to ignore GW lore and put perfectly willing to accept ever single piece of TES lore just so you can have your torture fantasy. So you wanted to wank TES but refused to listen to counter argument because simply "I HATE DIS".

2-Being triggered by the word entitled when you or that anon admitted he was indeed entitled

3-Mistaking me for the Slav. Another tactic to shut down disvussion

4-Shitposting

5-continuing this postchain

6-Pretending to be another guy

But the most grievous crime is starting a crossover discussion.
>>
>>49433054
Settra conquers the old world the same way he would when he was alive. Tomb Kings and princes become the rulers of the old world cities, the populations are forced to fight for and serve Settra, plunder gets shipped back to nehekara, the usual. Any who refuse have their populations enslaved and shipped back to nehekara to slave away on rebuilding it to its former glory. The Tilean and Bretonnian dukes and Elector counts who refuse to submit to Settra get cursed to a horrific unlife and are chained to the top of battle standards or end up as another skull on Nekaphs flail.

The Tomb kings don't really do Necromancy in the same way Nagash or the vampires do, and their own undeath in an unfortunate circumstance. They would have very little interest in turning their living subjects into more undead. If anything Settra tells his mortuary cult to gain knowledge from their new subjects to find a way to bring about the golden paradise he was promised. Settra wants nothing more than his angelic body of living gold so he can once again enjoy the simple joys of life.

>>49433162
The Old world united by Settra and with mixed ranks of Undead warriors and living soldiers would stand a much better chance at fighting off chaos than they do now. You have war hungry tomb kings with nothing better to do than lead their legions into the forests to scour them of beastmen, or into Norsca and troll country to prey on the peoples and monsters there and earn glory.

Would be interesting to see if they awaken the Barrow kings to help govern the old world. they were apparently some sort of Druid Tomb kings that shared some of their culture with the Nehekaran conquerers. Instead of undead egyptians its undead celts, with Animated moss covered statues of the old world gods and druids instead of liche priests
>>
>>49439312
>If you don't give them your money somebody else will.

AoS sales figures and 40k's decline seem to say otherwise.
>>
>be Tomb king
>look around at your fabulous court bedecked in gold and gems
>request a bottle of the finest wine and a plate of figs for a light snack
>look around at your harem of dozens of exotic beauties from around the world lounging on silk pillows
>think about the hours of epic sex you're about to have
>food arrives
>can't taste it
>whatthefuck.jpg
>slowly start remembering everything
>snap out of the dream
>the plate of figs is rotten
>your royal courtroom is run down and most of the gems have been ransacked
>your exotic beauties are just a bunch of withered skeleton waifus
>your Chad Thundercock tier looks are gone, replaced with desiccated flesh
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK

being a tomb king is suffering, no wonder they're so angry all the time
>>
>>49440680
Shouldn't good enough gold wizard be able to gild their body?
2ed RoS have a ritual in which wizards can replece parts of his body with golden equivalents that are fully functional.
He should be able to do it with skeleton.
>>
File: rf woody 2.jpg (25KB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
rf woody 2.jpg
25KB, 274x237px
>players beat enemy badass knight
>get his Best quality armor
>he was a hideously deformed mutant, so his armor was custom and doesn't fit anyone else
>PCs try to sell it
>no one wants this evil looking armor you can't even wear
>try to sell it to a collector
>foolishly mention that it belonged to a mutant
>he kicks them out
>>
>>49440743
The tomb king already have the ability to Gild their bones or transfer their bodies into golden statues. Theres a Legion of skeleton warriors that walked through melted gold to achieve this, and a Tomb Prince character got himself a golden body to hide his hideous visage.

The whole point is that they were promised to come back as beautiful Angelic beings with bodies of living gold, basically demigods. They want to feel the sensation of touch and be able to eat and drink and all that, while still retaining the power they have as tomb kings. Gilded bodies are just a slight compromise. For that gilding ritual work they would have to be returned to beings of living flesh first, and even then it wouldn't be anywhere close to what they wanted.
>>
So I bought a Blood Dragon on Winged Nightmare, /wfb/. When I opened up the kit, I saw that my Nightmare had two right legs and no left ones. My off-hours have been occupied with slowly, badly sculpting a substitute for that missing leg.

I'm now pretty attached to the model. There's something endearing about the whole awkward groping pterodactyl look of it.

Any longtime Counts players have any luck with theirs on the tabletop? Is there an edition of Fantasy Battle out there, in which my Winged Nightmare is a little less likely to get its butthole filled by cannonballs?
>>
>>49439550
>Dr. Doom Wizard Lord plotting to take over the Empire from a mountain fortress.
I like this one. Combining them would be too messy.
>>
File: images-5.jpg (7KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
7KB, 181x279px
>everyone talking about Settras invasion of the old-world
>no one talking about how Greasus Goldtooth was going to do the exact same thing
"First the orcs, now the world! Let them all tremble!"
>>
>>49436181
It was a short story about a blind man chatting with a skaven, not knowing it was a ratman. It was a fun exploration on the character of ratmen.

>>49439550
A combination of 3 and 1. Have him spend time with Settra before he goes full Doom. Have his time with the GLORIOUS GOD-KING SETTRA be the turning point of what makes him realise that the Empire just has no idea of what's really out there.

>>49442328
No-one takes Greasus seriously. He is a king of ash and dust.
>>
>>49442939
Greasus is rich as fuck and commands all the ogres. The last time the ogres made a move against the empire it took all the major dwarf characters and an army from nuln to blast them away with the largest concentration of artillery ever seen. That was just a few literally who tribes, imagine what it would take for them to turn aside the full might of the ogre kingdoms on the march. Artillery is pretty much the only way to effectively stop a full ogre army, once they get you in close combat you better hope you outnumber them massively.
>>
>>49443123
Does Greasus get merc'd by Grimgor?
>>
File: rrKNrmR.png (922KB, 762x1120px) Image search: [Google]
rrKNrmR.png
922KB, 762x1120px
Where do you think warhammer villains fit on this list?

elder god tier- none, GW isn't smart enough for that

>great tier- Vlad, Arkhan

>high tier- Malekith, Archaon

Mid tier- Grimgor, any of the daemon characters

>Meh tier- Drachenfels, Thanquol

>Shit tier- Nagash, Mannfred
>>
>>49443256
Vlad is definitely not Great. He's literally just an ambitious punk vampire who still eats people.

He's basically Mid Tier mixed with High and Shit Tier.
>>
>>49443214
They couldn't be assed to write about orcs or ogres in the end times so he dies offscreen. But i don't know why loosing to grimgor is a bad thing, he's the strongest orc in the setting. Pre-endtimes he never lost a fight. He's been stalemated by Crom and was forced to back down only because his army let him down. its implied that If that fight would have continued he would have won. In the end times nothing short of Archaon even slowed him down, not even greater daemons.
>>
>>49436181
It was a story I had written about a clanrat called Krask who was 'volunteered' to infiltrate a human town. Narrowly avoiding a guard patrol he found himself im a humans home. The owner was there but Krask could see that the human was blind, so he was unsure if he needed to maintain the veil of secrecy. A chat over a pot of tea and the human asked Krask to come back any time to visit, calling him a friend. Krask felt happy that someone didnt treat him like dirt for once.

It was last Christmas when I wrote it, after getting drunk, watching Willard and taking part in WHFB General discussion about skaven being pure evil, or just mostly evil with some room for different characterization.
>>
>>49443256
>Dragon Age as an example of Just Evil

The archdeamon might be the focus of the darkspawn shared mind but was acting in accord with it's nature and place in the strange life cycle of darkspawn.

Lohgane was a dick that played hardball, but his actions were consistent from his perspective and from what he knew.
>>
>>49443256
> Thanquol
> meh tier

> Vlad
> great tier

I get you're a Vlad-fag, so his cock is pretty deep in your arsehole, but anyone that knows anything knows Thanquol is the GOAT
>>
>>49443434
The biggest fallacy of that list is that they treat all of those like they're mutually exclusive. Every character on the list, both in the pic and in the comment, is a mix of at least 2 of those things
>>
>>49443483
Thanquol is literally meme tier

Endtimes Vlad and Arkhan were arguably Great tier in certain respects. They lean more towards Mid tier though. Before that they were just power hungry evil assholes no better than Mannfred
>>
>>49443256
>>49443602
The list is fucking retarded. The measurement for a villain is how damn entertaining they are, everything else is secondary. Someone put in 'elder god' tier on this list could be a fucking bore in the show/setting they come from, while others listed as 'shit' tier could be damn entertaining every time they burst onto the scene.

I'm going to go with a couple of jrpg examples, so hold off the urge to scream 'weeaboo', but Kefka from FF6 and Luca Blight from Suikoden 2 are some of the best villains in video game history, but according to this list they're meh tier at best, which is bullshit.
>>
>>49443670
Calm down, this list isn't some kind of definitive law on villains. It's a list some guy made.
>>
>>49443670
I can't even say "Weeaboo" because I'm so unweeb I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Gaunter O'Glimm is the best recent villain in gaming history.

>>49443602
Vlad's never been anything but a power-hungry, evil asshole. He just acts more "noble" than scheming Mannfred, and all the vamp-fags go goo-goo eyed for him. Even during End Times, he wasn't trying to 'save' humanity for any other purpose than to conquer the Empire for himself once all was said and done. Being a legit Elector Count made that even easier.

Arkhan, too, is just a greedy, ambitious cunt.

Malekith is the only one you could say is more than just ambitious because he feels like something was stolen from him. But even he loses most of the sympathy because he's such a manipulative prick.
>>
>>49443840
At least Vlad loves his wife. It's one of his defining characteristics.
>>
File: slav-boogie.webm (797KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
slav-boogie.webm
797KB, 720x404px
>>49439459
>>49439879
>>
File: Perryminis.jpg (584KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
Perryminis.jpg
584KB, 800x453px
>>49429168

Working on a ninth age army using the perry's right now. Using the late 15th century stuff to make a tilean themed empire army that's basically just a venetian republic historical paint job/army.

They do the low fantasy look very well, especially if they're properly dirty looking and drab. On the table next to GW or mantic minis they do look out of place, but for me it just highlights how bad the proportions of alot fantasy minis are.
>>
>>49444124
Don't forget to get some Dogs of War.
>>
>>49444298

Thanks for the tip. I heard that there are plans for a dogs of war army book for 9th age coming out eventually. At the moment my major concern is whether to assemble the foot troops as pikes or halberds.
>>
>>49437479

That image.

> End Times eternally.
>>
>>49440994
Reminds me of one of my players who tried to sell a diseased Clan Pestilens knife to a doctor. A dwarf doctor. He got thrown out on his ass and went back with a disguise on to sell the same knife. He got thrown out again and went back with another disguise to so it again. It failed and he tried one more time, trying to sell a vial of poison. Needless to say the doctor wasn't impressed and threatened to kill him. Having been a former adventurer himself, he could back up such a threat and the player finally left for good.
>>
File: 439px-Malekith_ka.jpg (56KB, 439x599px) Image search: [Google]
439px-Malekith_ka.jpg
56KB, 439x599px
>>49443256

>Malekith
>villlain

He's the one true king. Being a cunt doesn't make him a villain.
>>
>>49445262
>Wanna buy a knife?
>No
>Wanna buy a knife?
>What? No.
>Wanna buy a knife?
>Jesus. No. If you ask me again I'll fucking poison you.
>...
>Wanna buy some poison?
>Actually, I could use some poison, I'm all out.
>Wanna buy a knife?
>>
>>49445468
By this logic, what makes someone a villain?
>>
>>49445468
Malekith was a boy denied a crown he believed was his and encouraged his exiled people to be monsters. If he hadn't started a civil war and was a better person I bet he would have eventually been named Phoenix King.
>>
>>49439260
>Crom
>beaten in less than a minute
How about you read storm of chaos once? He and Archaon fought for days before Crom submitted.
>>
>>49445740
Waxed mustaches.

Dastardly capes optional.
>>
>>49445822
Post the page.
>>
>>49445837
That's almost the entire Empire. If that's the case, who is more of a villain, Kurt or Ludwig?
>>
>>49445988
Whoever has the bigger mustache.
>>
>>49445758
it was implied in curse of Khaine that they would have elected him phoenix King after Bel Shanaar if he didn't start the civil war. His deeds around the world during bel shanaars reign made him more than worthy for the throne, as did his competence in putting down he cults. Listening to Morathi was a mistake, he didn't need her to be king. She actually fucked it all up
>>
>>49445740

Being a Chaos worshipper
>>
>>49445758
>i bet
no he wouldn't.
>>
>>49446866
The only right answer
>>
>>49446936
>>
>>49446936
>most competent general of the age
>explored the whole world and found many new civilizations and treasures
>conquered parts of the old world and scoured them of orcs and beastmen
>mopped up the last of the chaos invasions with the help of the dwarfs
>established trade and friendship with the dwarfs
>lead the crusade against the cultists while Bel Shanaar was powerless to do anything
>found the source of the cults, defeated and imprisoned her
They didn't vote for him initially because they were afraid his upbringing in Aenarions court made him dangerous. After seeing all he accomplished and how much of a better leader he was than Bel Shanaar, they'd have to be complete idiots not to vote for him. Listening to morathi and trying to claim the throne by force was a mistake
>>
>>49447149
>got roasted and pussied out / got roasted for tampering with Chaos pre-retcon
>multiple assassinations of political rivals
>warmonger
>prone to tantrums
>shags his mom
yeah...
>>
>>49446631
I can confirm. However, when Teclis told him that does knowing this truth make him regret anything and would he have changed what he would have done in the past had he have known.

Malekith said No. He would do it all over again. They would replay it all over again.
>>
>>49447234
>shags his mom

Malekith has no feeling in his body other than pain. Drink and food has no taste for him. Dude cannot possibly bring it up, that's assuming that it survived the fire.
>>
>>49445262
We had a player in our last game who wanted to loot a daemon's hammer after we defeated it during the climax of an adventure. We told him no way and why, but he continued to persist to the point that we started shooting at him until he ran deeper into a burning building and presumably suffocated or was roasted alive.

It wouldn't even have been useful to him, he had a WS of like 20.
>>
>>49443602
>not liking Thanquol

The Warcraft thread is over there.
>>
>>49447271
thanquol is like elmer fudd.
>>
>>49443406
I had a comedic spin on this. A mad noble who is a patron for the PCs gets into the hobby of rat fancy. They know this because he brings up his rare white rat occasionally. Eventually the PCs get suspicious and investigate their patron, and find out that 'his' jobs have been coming from his 'pet,' a grey seer who is humoring a doddering old man to make use of a minion who doesn't try to kill him.

Of course, the grey seer is mortified to be discovered.
>>
>>49447259
Sounds like our That Guy. If he gets something stupid into his head he gets really determined about it, even if it means it might kill him. Like arguing with the strongest guy in the party, who had a powerful dwarf hammer, over what to do with an extremely important criminal. Instead of merely transporting him to the dwarf hold for a reward, That Guy wanted to torture and interrogate him as he had belonged to a secret society, so he must have have known of riches. Thing is, That Guy already tortured another guy to death, who lost half his face in a riding accident, so hammer-guy didn't trust him. That Guy, not getting what he wanted, attempted to throw a knife at the prisoner and hammer-guy smacked him down, nearly killing him and sent him on his way.
>>
File: 1473579351685.jpg (298KB, 800x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1473579351685.jpg
298KB, 800x1013px
>>49443406
Got a copy of it?
>>
>>49447307
I was just about to say 'no', but I found it online. I knew uploading it was a good idea.

https://www.scribd.com/document/320490990/Krask
>>
>>49447271
whats it like wanting a character who fucks up literally every. single. time. Seriously, all of his plots have ended in massive failure, his only real accomplishment is not dying. Even in ET when they tried to make him serious, all the other skaven characters thought he was meme tier
>>
>>49447377
That's why he's amazing. He's one of the few villainous characters that isn't a pathetic ow the edge try hard.
>>
>>49447323
Reminds me of an idea I have for my own game. Pretty cool, anon.
>>
>>49447424
Thanks. It's in line with the thought that most perceptions of Warhammer's races aren't necessarily true. Not all elves are arrogant, not all dwarfs are stubborn. The vast majority are, but there has to be a few oddballs here and there.

It's also nice to read while listening to this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTKNahASSDI
>>
>>49447377
You do know that Thanqoul ended up the supreme leader of the Skaven race by the end, right? He achieved what he always wanted.
>>
>>49447418
He sacrificed a human baby and was pondering about starting a dwarf baby farm that would be the beginning of food franchise that w ould make him rich.

That's edgy.
>>
>>49447495
>edgy
>also cartoonish
>>
>>49447495
This is not treated aeriously, though, like Archaon being a RAAAAAAPE BABY or Malekith torturing his subordinates to prove their loyalty. It's black comedy.
>>
>>49447515
>like Archaon being a RAAAAAAPE BABY

He wasn't a rapebaby. A Norse raider entered his mother's home during the raid and she tried to f him off until she realized it was futile. In order to spare her children, she allowed the Norseman to have his way with her in her bed.

It was consensual.
>>
>>49447620
This is as much consensual as blackmailing someone into sex is consensual.
>>
>>49447282
A beloved comic foil?
>>
>>49447620
>it's not rape if she was under duress and merely submitted knowing that fighting back was futile
Good one
>>
>>49447620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUafzOXHPE

Get off 4chan Dennis.
>>
>>49447654
>Feeding an obvious troll.

Contrary to popular belief, you don't kill these trolls with flame. You starve them of oxygen. You don't even have to worry about potential brain damage, as they're clearly retarded already.

>>49447495
>Can't tell the difference between THE EDGE and a fucking LOONEY TOON.

Wasn't Thanquol the Skaven BBEG in Shadow of the Horned Rat?
>>
>>49447709
>a fucking LOONEY TOON.

You mean Invader Zim which was an edgy cartoon.
>>
>>49447829
Looney Toon.
>>
File: Zim.png (451KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
Zim.png
451KB, 900x800px
>>49447857
Zim.
Thanqoul is totally a Zim type of character.
>>
>>49447377
>someone clearly doesn't understand Thanquol

You do realize Thanquol's the target of a specific failure curse of some kind, yeah? He was captured by the Lizardmen and brought before a Slaan (likely to be executed), but the Slaan sensed him and ordered him released because he was destined to "always bring greater harm to his allies than his enemies."

GW forgot about this great story hook in End Times (like they fucking forgot about everything)
>>
>>49429168
Try waiting for Perry to release their hundred year war knights.
>>
>>49447829
Zim isn't edgy, just the fans, who the creator hated.
>>
>>49447887
>GW forgot about this great story hook in End Times (like they fucking forgot about everything)

GW ignoring BL shite? Big surprise, It's not like they ignored the elf series, vampire series, nagash series of novels, etc before.
>>
>>49447906
And the creator. Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is a clear sign of sharp edges.
>>
>>49447909
There's no sense in ignoring perfectly good story hooks, especially if it means just killing off everyone/thing that's inconvenient or worse, doing it offscreen.
>>
>>49447963
Not really.
>>
>>49447963
That has nothing to do with Zim or Thanquol.
>>
>>49447883
He's closer to Starscream or Cobra Commaner.
>>
>>49447997
>>49448014

Wasn't implying it was, just pointing out that the creators favourite creation is so edgy you can cut your eyes from reading it.
>>
>>49448020
COBRAAAAA
>>
>>49448035
>SKAVEN! RETREEEEEAAAAAT!
>>
>>49448056
>I WAS ONCE A SSSSSSSEER
>>
>>49448100
>SKAVEN-NANANANANANA
>>
>>49448056
>>49448100
>>49448114

G.I.Joe style Felix and Gotrek v. Thanquol saturday morning breakfast cartoon fucking when?
>>
>>49448196
Never ;_;
>>
>>49448365
Why do you have to say things to hurt me, anon?
>>
File: 101 Feels Company.png (26KB, 660x800px) Image search: [Google]
101 Feels Company.png
26KB, 660x800px
>>49448365
>tfw Andy Hall will never post his AARs on TWCenter.net
>>
>>49443256
Being 'just evil' might be due to the conventions of the genre. Legend of Zelda is pretty much a fairy tale.

In terms of Warhams it depends. Whenever you read a factions armybook you find their actions justified. Ymmv depending on who wrote the book of course.
There are very few example of somebody actually being 'just' evil. Most mortal chaos champions have pretty good reasons for selling their sould or being corrupted at one point or another.
Beast of Chaos on the other hand are just a simpleminded purely evil force of destruction. But that's their charm.

In their own way each faction has some pretty good writing and some pretty bad too.
>>
>>49448196
>>49448380
>what-what are you think-plotting tonight, o' great-grand-glorious grey seer Thanquol?

>the same thing I always plot, fool-fool! How to kill that DWARF-THING!

It's Thanquol
It's Thanquol and it's Lurk, Lurk, Lurk, Lurk, Lurk, Lurk, Lurk, Lurk, Lurk!
>>
>>49449158
want.
>>
>>49449158
>pinky and the brain were also rats.
>>
>>49449158

I splooged.
>>
COULD a skaven be made - if not nice - less of a dick?
>>
>>49449832
Under normal conditions? No, they're dicks by instinct and any sign of weakness is pounced upon by other skaven. However, if the scenery changes, there is the slim possibility? It's not like they have the 'evil gene'.

You can read my story here; >>49447323
that deals with a less dickish ratman which I wrote to explore this very question.
>>
Pat skaven on the head
>>
>>49450588
grow tentacle
>>
File: 1464483400488.jpg (32KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464483400488.jpg
32KB, 375x500px
>>49450588
RRRAT SCUM
>>
>>49450588
with a hammer.
>>
>>49450838
>RAT'S CUM
>>
>>
>>49451662
Ayyyy
>>
>>49451688
Lmao.
>>
>>49447709
Thanquol was hardly the BBEG in his own ET book. The only thing he really accomplished was destroying Nuln, and even that had more to do with screech verminking than him. Hay and parleying with Archaon. Half the book focuses on clan pestilence in lustria. The parts that take place in the old world focus more on Queek and Ikit Klaw than Thanquol.
>>
I want to run a campaign of WFRP with my friends (some of whom don't know Warhammer; some of whom have never played D&D).

I, myself, am a D&D neophyte, but I'd be GM. Been reading 2e's main book. Anything else I need to read?

Also, any advice for a first time GM?
>>
>>49453144
I mean, I recommend getting the errata pdf (TECHNICALLY not official, but the devs were involved in making it), Old World Bestiary, Old World Armory, the Warhammer Companion, Sigmar's Heirs, Career Compendium, and The GM's Toolkit minimally.

Frankly I just ended up downloading all the PDFs. Tome of Salvation, Tome of Corruption, and Tome of Sorcery are likely to see plenty of use by you. Faction books like Children of the Horned Rat and Knights of the Grail are useful and informative.

My tips? Keep in mind this isn't D&D. People are much squishier. Magic is not considered normal, nor can it be taken for granted. Giving your players a few advances besides the free advance may be worthwhile, so you can have them do some more interesting stuff right out of the gate.
>>
Metal Wizard owes me a favour. What do?

Haven't the fucking foggiest what to ask him for.
>>
>>49453664
Molten gold body with sensation.
>>
>>49453664
How powerful of a wizard is he?
>>
>>49453880

Magister, Mag 3, WFRP 2e.
>>
File: 300px-Tehenhauin.jpg (57KB, 300x525px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Tehenhauin.jpg
57KB, 300x525px
What the fuck happened to Sotek?

Considering the Skaven played such a big part in the End Times, it really pissed me off that their Arch-fucking-Nemesis was completely and totally absent.
>>
>>49453992
That's more of a question for the AoS General.
>>
>>49453939
this >>49453811
you may die, but who dares, wins

>>49453144
core book would be enough to run a game.
If you want you may run adventure form core book then use ashes of Middeheim, and rest of campaign. I'am more than sure that you can find it on google
>>
In my WFRP game, I've generally tried to make certain weapons deadlier - firearms, crossbows, great weapons, even bows (at higher SB levels). Considering trying this houserule for magic, tell me what you think?

>*Spells that deal damage can be Overcharged. By drawing deeply and recklessly of the Winds of Magic, you add +1 to the final damage of every attack in a damage-dealing spell. This stacks with the Mighty Missile Talent. There is a drawback: Overcharging a spell requires the caster roll an extra d10 - this d10 only counts for increasing the odds of activating Tzeentch's Curse, and stacks with any other extra die that do the same (from Dark Magic, or from Warpstone, for example).
>>
>>49453992
Sotek is just one of many characters who failed to show up, which is extremely disappointing seeing as the comet was his sign. I was hoping for some epic battle between him and the horned rat, and it didn't happen. The closest we get to Sotek is his prophet, tehenhauin, who wrecks skaven wherever he goes and is empowered far more than usual.
>>
>>49453664
Enchanted weapons or armor. Gold wizards make the best human made enchanted weapons that don't need to be blessed by the gods. Getting your body turned to gold will probably kill you, and its beyond the skill level of most wizards always. theres always the chance that the wizard pulls a djinn like move and just uses final transmutation on your ass as a way of technically fulfilling your request and ensuring you aren't around afterward.

Plus, is having a golden body really something you want? thats a sure way to get jumped by bandits who will try to kill you and break you down to get rich.
>>
>>49454409
Sotek is Sigmar.
>>
>>49454360
>*Spells that deal damage can be Overcharged. By drawing deeply and recklessly of the Winds of Magic, you add +1 to the final damage of every attack in a damage-dealing spell. This stacks with the Mighty Missile Talent. There is a drawback: Overcharging a spell requires the caster roll an extra d10 - this d10 only counts for increasing the odds of activating Tzeentch's Curse, and stacks with any other extra die that do the same (from Dark Magic, or from Warpstone, for example).
Shit tier skill as familiar could double any numerical value of spell. So dam 3 becomes dam 6 for cost of one chaos dice.
>>
>>49454629
Fair point, but getting a familiar is a pretty involved process with other weaknesses and dangers besides. I mean, Strike Mighty Blow isn't shit because there are dwarf runes that are better.
>>
>>49454475

Trust me, I'm not arguing for the gold body. Just looking for something reasonable and useful.
>>
>>49454711
Enchanted armor that weighs as much as clothes? Enchanted armor that repairs itself whenever breached? Armor that causes magical weapons to lose their magical abilities when they hit? Armor that increases the wearers strength? A staff with the plague of rust bound spell? A helm that makes you aware of all hidden enemies in a certain radius? the possibilities are endless
>>
Thank you for your suggestions. They have been very helpful.
>>
File: damn skeletons.jpg (521KB, 818x1270px) Image search: [Google]
damn skeletons.jpg
521KB, 818x1270px
>>49447515
I've asked a couple of times on different threads, so maybe this time I'll get lucky: Was Archaon always a fallen Templar of Sigmar?
I remember the WDs when that sweet, sweet model of him on Dorgar came out, and all the back story I read in those was basically just about how Archaon was the baddest Chaos Lord to ever show up. Nothing about him falling to darkness. That was Egrimm van Horstmann's deal.
Maybe I just didn't catch the fluff about his fall, but frankly I've always thought he worked better as simply a Norscan warlord who became the Everchosen. Making him a fallen hero just makes him too similar to the 40k baddies, in my book.
>>
>>49455591
No. Came up after the fact.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 196x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 196x258px
>tfw when you thought the endtimes was going to be Nagash vs Archaon with everyone else caught in between
>tfw you thought we were going to see Nagash ironically be the savior of the world and best Archaon
>tfw Nagash and Archaon don't even confront or acknowledge each other at all
>tfw Nagash got reduced to just one among several demigods who needed allies to face chaos
>tfw Sigmar shows up and steals the show and they still lose

Inb4 endtimes was trash, I'm still mad that we didn't get the epic Nagash vs Archaon smack down that seemed destined to happen in the first book. By the time they fight in AOS, Archaon is wanked so ridiculously hard that he can't possibly lose.
>>
>>49453664
Balls of steel
>>
>>49455961
Endhammer dude here.

This is what I lost a bet for when End Times was first announced and I thought it was gonna be cool.
>>
>>49454695
Still it's easier than getting hands on runic stuff. To get familiar you need mostly time if I remember correctly. Big amount of time to that.
So it depends on GM and if campaign have long downtimes.
Also to get to master wizard profession one needs to have two enchanted items, so it could as well be a magic critter.

Lastly wizards have quite good damage output. They star wit bow powered Dart with 50% to hit, that can be raised to 70% with ingredient and channelling. Latter non combat ones get worse but combat one throws 2-5 dam 4 fireballs per round, above martial characters.

What I'd gladly add would be following:
>Overchannel. By raising required CN by 1 point wizard can impose 5% penalty to saving throws against his spell.
Nerfed version would allow to raise CN up to MAG stat times
>>
>>49427743
I was under the impression that skaven as a race are post warp mutation, so it would take a fuck ton of exposure to go further. They eat the stuff and snort it. I would say most of the mutations you see are clan moulder shoving stones into every crevice.
>>
A friend who's new to the genre asked me what the major differences were between Fantasy and 40k. I just told him that in 40k you can tell who the important people are because they don't have hats, but in Fantasy you can tell who the important people are because they have the fanciest hats.

Did I do good?
>>
>>49456330
There any truth to that "they were just normal rats but mutated and ate an entire town, then spread from there" story?
>>
>>49456550
It's hard to say. The Doom of Kasvar is an old Tilean fable so it's no doubt difficult to separate fact from fiction. Only the dwarfs would have any real answers and they aren't a talkative lot.
>>
File: Noctilus.jpg (194KB, 598x664px) Image search: [Google]
Noctilus.jpg
194KB, 598x664px
Popping in to ask if anything's happened with Endhammer in the last few days
>>
>>49456580
I really like this style of story telling. It's very tolkien-esque... in the good way. Exposition through rumor and story goes a long way in making the world more mysterious and real. Though this is only one part. Reminds me of why I like WFB so much.

Granted I'm talking about "realism" in a setting where tittied demon crabs cum violently while they violently cut you.
>>
>>49456985
Been talk of Settra's Invasion of the north as the major set piece of Endhammer and as a possible campaign for the setting.

In addition, Elf dude needs to add his fucking stuff to the 1d4chan.

Also, people seem to like Balthasar Gelt as Dr. Doom + meeting with Settra. I'm still shilling for Sigmarines as Gelt's minions (just the main hammer/shield units) because they LOOK SO MUCH FUCKING LIEK HIM.
>>
>>49456580
Dwarf says thaggoraki been around since Mhornalhune arrived.
>>
>>49457288
It's quite possible, but I'm curious as to what form they might have existed as. Sorta like some proto-skaven like those mentioned in The Great Betrayal who aren't exactly modern skaven. More rat than man when it comes to ratmen.
>>
>>49457354
All we know is that there were sightin's of the buggun's in the tunnels. Scramblin' in their warrens. Then the War of Betrayal started, and while we were busy stuffin' the elfs, the thaggoraki learned how tae put on armor and sharpen swords and started takin' our young'uns and our miners on the outskirts. And 'fore we know it, in our quest to stuff the elfs... the thaggoraki had an empire tae rival our own!
>>
>>49457392
The Skaven didn't expand until after the shattering of the Karaz Ankor, no more than a century, I beileve, after the War of the Beard
>>
>>49452246
And what does any of that have to do with Shadow of the Horned Rat?
>>
>>49456538
yep.

Also floppy hat lads>>>>>> Spess mahreens.
>>
>>49456985

Adding on to this anon's post, was there ever a vote for dwarf stuff? I remember there was a lot of discussion about the direction of the dwarves. Did it go anywhere?
>>
>>49457679
There wasn't real disagreement with the dwarf stuff. If I recall correctly, Dwarfs have been beaten back to just a few Holds with the Everpeak being the primary one.

Barak Varr and Zhuffbar are in a bad state, but they still stand.

Valaya may or may not have returned to help the Dwarfs in their time of need. If she has, no-one is talking. The more cynical believe this is a ploy the Dwarf King is running to spread the rumour that the dwarfs have a god back, since fuck it - everyone else seems to and the Dwarfs need at least something to be hopeful about.

There is a growing strength behind the notion of Dwarfs throwing off their old ways of 'tried and true' and adopting the advanced technologies they've had for yonks, like the Bhlakk and Dekka steam drill - simply because they can't hope to keep up anywhere near the same level of industry if they don't.
>>
File: warmastercover.jpg (109KB, 452x626px) Image search: [Google]
warmastercover.jpg
109KB, 452x626px
Serious question. So let's say Warhammer: Total War does really really well in sales. and a renewed interest is sparked in the Old World. Do you think that G.W will ever give us something like WarMaster as a side speciality game again? Like how Mordheim, and Battlefleet Gothic and Blood Bowl "exist" but just aren't on the forefront, we could have Warhammer Fantasy (or call it whatever you want) but have it as a speciality, side game.

Think GW would ever consent? It'd mean bringing back the range of mini's they discontinued though.
>>
>>49457679
I think the Dwarfs mostly were nice and didn't need to argue and have a poll like the elfs. I've just been waiting to add shit to the 1d4chan page until I can tell it's generally accepted that this

>>49457873

is it.
>>
>>49457882
somehow I doubt it.
Knowing GW they might put an unrealistic figure on the game succeeding before they even consider this to happen.
They might even pull the bullshit excuse of
>but our total war minis didn't sell well, so clearly there is no interest in the old world. :^)
>>
>>49457882
>Think GW would ever consent?

I want to say 'Of course!', because why wouldn't they consent to selling stuff and making money?

But realistically, probably not. I mean - they didn't have to discontinue all the WFB stuff just to launch AoS. They specifically chose to close it down, rather than just moving the focus to AoS. Which is a move I just cannot understand.
>>
>>49457982
we all know they should have made AOS a speciality side game if anything... AOS could have been done in like 3 box sets, and done with.
>>
>>49458071
Eh. No bias. They want AoS to drive new sales and bring in more customers. I can understand that. But it just feels like a dumb move to cancel one line just to start another. I mean, is there some limit to how much they can be running?

You get the new players in with low-cost AoS, focussing on smaller skirmish style battles. Then you convert them to Warhammer, with bigger battles and a higher buy-in for bigger armies.

Seems silly to have missed out of such an obvious conversion and up-sell opportunity.
>>
>>49457940
To do so would be for a massive company to admit it made a mistake.

If Blizzard can't admit it went wrong while hemorrhaging subscribers since Cataclysm, and instead says shit like "you think you [want that] but you don't. We know better." I don't expect GW, which is even more blind, to see sense or be humble.
>>
>>49458148
>GW
>Massive
I see your point, but let's not exaggerate here...
>>
>>49458188
I think anything above a family-owned string of a few stores is "massive."
>>
Not to delve in to scub, but at least The End Times technically gave us Vermintide? It's still pretty sweet if you're in to vidya at all.
>>
>>49458188
it's still the biggest fish in the tabletop gaming sphere. GW and Activision Blizzard are quite comparable.
>>
>>49458255
That and Settra were the only good things about End Times.
>>
>>49455961
Let them fight.
>>
>>49458255
Vermintide's awesome, but it didn't need the End Times to happen. Dollars to donuts "skaven left 4 dead" was in the works before End Times was.

But, speaking of... Endhammer versions of the Vermintide characters? Do Saltzpyre and Kruber remain a team, with Kruber as his bodyguard? Sienna finally get executed for hedge status? Kerillian ever say "YOOOOOOOOOOUR clumsiness" to Emperor Luitpold?
>>
>>49459182
I would think so, dawri.
>>
>>49458635
Thats not how you spell Arkhan or Nagash

Question re: 9th Age- if you take a doombull as a general you get perminant frenzy for all mino templates. So how does that work if you loose combat & flee? You dont loose frenzy, but you're running away. Do you rally or can you like charge something if its in range...?
>>
>>49455961
Anyone have this pick in normal human size?
>>
File: 1437307838215.png (2MB, 813x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1437307838215.png
2MB, 813x1058px
>>49459703
>>
>>49459019
Would Archaon even stand a chance? I mean Nagash BTFO both Apophas and Settra along with his whole royal chariot guard, stalemated Usirian and eventually defeated him, wiped out a whole daemon army by himself, and at his weakest was crushing bloodthirsters and he stalemated K'bandtha. Archaon is powerful but Nagash seems beyond him.
>>
>>49460376
Does Nagash have his hand and crown back? If yes, then Nagash would take him without issue. If not, then it's a bit more dubious.

Full on Chaos-wank? Archie.
>>
>>49460397
This is ET Nagash, so yes, he has everything back.
>>
>>49459182
>get too excited and shoot on her thigh

YOOOORRRRRRRRRRR
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.