[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft: Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 44

File: WDMM&M.jpg (78KB, 521x699px) Image search: [Google]
WDMM&M.jpg
78KB, 521x699px
Everything is a Loa Edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft setting, story, and lore, for a tabletop game.

Previous thread: >>49401820
>>
>>49423284
Still waiting for trolls trying to summon and cannibalize Sargeras then.
>>
File: 4U0Mihc.jpg (63KB, 509x549px) Image search: [Google]
4U0Mihc.jpg
63KB, 509x549px
>>49423284
First for magma hot titan chuffy
>>
>>49423425
You fool Tichondrius! This is why we have not taken the Azeroth yet!
>>
File: image.png (734KB, 994x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
734KB, 994x545px
Daily reminder that Christie Golden isn't shit and Thrall dindu nuffin
>>
>>49423462
Forgive me my lord, but is it not because you are unable to "seal the deal?"
>>
So, they're going to ship Mayla Highmountain with Baine, right?

I don't really credit Blizz with the creativity to have made their new tauren tribe zone led by a girl if they weren't planning to hook her up with someone. Plus the setup of them both being around the same age and having dead dads to bond over is too neat of a set-up.
>>
>>49423731
If she's any close as strong as her ancestor she'd crush Baine with her legion destroying thighs.
>>
So are Thrall and Jaina finally together ? I haven't kept up with WoW since Wotlk
>>
>>49423784
no
jaina has seen the light
>>
>>49423784
Nope. Thrall's drifted off to irrelevance through midlife crisis, and Jaina's gone full PURGE THE XENOS since Theramore got nuked.
>>
>>49423767
I still get laughing cramps over hundreds of people doing that quest only charging from demon to demon with that loud 'UEEEEEGH' sound, trampling demons of green fire, stone and spikes to death under hundreds of hooves.
>>
>>49423804
I don't know where to begin to ask about shit.

Who nuked Theramoore? Why is having a midlife crisis when he's like 30? Why aren't they comforting each other sexually over this shit?
>>
>>49423816
>Ah hero, have I told you the tale of how Huln Highmountain and his mighty army composed of himself singled handedly cleared out the Legion and punched Tichondrius in the taint so hard he became a Power rangers villain.
>>
>>49423828
>Who nuked Theramore
Garrosh, Thrall's successor as Warchief after Thrall had to go do shaman stuff.

>Why is he having a midlife crisis
Because Metzen is having a midlife crisis. Also that may or may not have been halfway meme.

>Why aren't they comforting each other sexually
Because Thrall's married and Jaina's purging xenos.
>>
File: WastedPotential_ThePost.png (165KB, 536x1732px) Image search: [Google]
WastedPotential_ThePost.png
165KB, 536x1732px
>>49423871
> Thrall married

Obligatory screenshot

Aggra was a mistake.
>>
>>49423816
>Hundreds of Hulns just standing outside of portals cleaving at demons who die before they take a step

How are the legion a threat?
>>
>>49423871
>Garrosh
Didn't he piss off Varian and constantly bickered with leadership? How the fuck did Thrall think this was a good idea.
>Thrall's married
To fucking who? Did they make some fucking sassy Orc/Troll chick or some bullshit?
>>
>>49423871
>Metzen is having a midlife crisis
He was making mint and has a family, what the fuck is he crisis'ing about?
>>
File: image.png (777KB, 1241x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
777KB, 1241x488px
>>49423895
Wait he isn't even called Thrall anymore? The fuck is this bullshit?>>49423908
>>
>>49423925
>Didn't he piss off Varian and constantly bickered with leadership? How the fuck did Thrall think this was a good idea.
Apparently Thrall thought that giving the new Horde a traditional, belliggerent and bloodthirsty warchief like the ones before him was a good idea somehow. Didn't work out.

>To fucking who?
A literal fucking who indeed. Some orc chick who's had like five minutes of screen time. Probably only exists because Metzen became a dad IRL so his self-insert had to become one too.
>>
>>49423895
That is so right.

Thrall went from the Shamanistic heart of the horde to hippy bitchboy as soon as he met Aggra.

Like in WotLK when Garrosh challenged him to Mak'gora.

Thrall was like "Fine bitch" and toyed with him until the frost wyrms came, then he bitch slapped him and went out to onehit dead dragons with his lightning.

Thrall was a badass who turned into a whiny pussy.

If Thrall didn't meet with Aggra, first thing he would have done when he heard Theramore was bombed as done the doomplate and smear garrosh's face across Orgrimmar's floor.
>>
>>49423954
He has a daughter now.

He literally ruined kerrigan because his daughter said she liked kerrigan.
>>
>>49423962
>five minutes of screen time.
Jaina lost to a person who's hardly a character. Did anyone taint her? She didn't end up with Varian or something like that right? She's just pure xenopurging.
>>
>>49423983
Wait, what? Sauce?
>>
>>49423998
Sauce on him having a daughter?

Or him ruining Kerrigan?
>>
>>49423993
She's fucking Kalecgos's boipussy
>>
>>49424008
Him ruining Kerrigan because his daughter said she liked her.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 245x204px
>>49424013
Oh boy what else has happened since wotlk. This new lore seems painful it's enjoyable
>>
>>49424044
>since wotlk
Oh boy, you're in for a ride.
>>
>>49423955
For all intents and purposes, he is still known as Thrall in the game, but he has officially accepted his true orc name given to him by his dead parents and his wife in particular is constantly calling him by it. I don't actually play the game but I keep up with the newest lore shenanigans as good as I can.

>>49423908
Is a reference to current Legion game sequences. People often play as different characters from the lore through flashbacks in the game, and one such character is the Tauren Huln highmountain who participated in the War of the Ancients. The joke is a reference to the fact that the quest isn't instanced and so thousands of players are simultaneously killing off demons ingame to the point where they have to spawncamp mobs and play SPAM THE KILLBUTTON hoping to get enough kills to hand in the quest. it's not lore-relevant.

>>49423993
She gets the BadDragon, or at least it's implied. However she basically has turned from being a reasonable, although still somewhat cheesy character to GASTHEORCS.
>>
>>49424044
Strap yourself in and spread your cheeks, because
Sylvanas is Warchief.
>>
>>49424113
>Sylvannas
She won over fucking based Cairne Bloodhoof. Fucking how? Hell even Vol'jin seems better.
>>
>>49424193
>He doesn't know

Mate, they're both dead
>>
File: image.gif (290KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
290KB, 500x677px
>>49424234
Wut.
>>
>>49424193
>Vol'jin
Vol'jin was Warchief for an expac and a half and did almost nothing. He got ganked by a demon and died in Legion's pre expac event. With his dying words he appointed her the Warchief because she saved most of their asses in said pre-expac event and 'cause da loa gave him a vision of her being a good leader or some shit.
>>
>>49424251
Cairne got offed by Garrosh before Cata, and Vol'jin died to the Legion in... well, Legion.
>>
>>49424193
Oh shit. I forgot Cairne. When Garrosh was being a shit, Cairne challenged him to Makgora. Cairne was winning, but Magatha Grimtotem had secretly poisoned Garrosh's axe without either combatant knowing. So Cairne got poisoned, got dizzy, and Garrosh killed him. Little Baine leads the tauren now.
>>
>>49424267
He basically did nothing already in WoW so I can't say I'm surprised he did nothing as warchief.
>>49424286
But please tell me Garrosh got cleaved by Saurfang or his skull caved in by Thrall for that shit
>>
>>49424317
We're popping cherries here lads.
>>
>>49423313

The commonality as in both were rubble? German cities and roads now are far, FAR better organized and set up than Britain's.
>>
>>49424343
I'm kind of suspecting a bait here, though.

>>49424317
Garrosh himself was pretty pissed that his victory was stained by honourlessness. Nevertheless he won an official duel, which in orc tradition is fought to the death. And he was the one to be challenged, even, so he's not even the instigator. Not a single orc would have considered to punish him, although the Horde loathed him a little more after that endeavour.
>>
>>49424317
Thrall cheated in a Mak'gora and killed Garrosh and now the elements left him and he dropped the Doomhammer into the Maelstrom and is kinda pathetic now.
>>
>>49424343
Oh that fuck face is still alive isn't he ?
>>
>>49424420
>Thrall cheated
This isn't the same person who gave alcholic shit bag a fighting chance right ?
>>
Can we all agree that Vol'jin is likely still alive?
>>
>>49424477
Considering how many characters have 'died' and come back I could see it happening but does Blizz or anyone really care about him enough for it to happen ?
>>
>>49424477

He might come back as a demon ghost, but he was actually recovered from the broken shore alive. Mortally injured, but alive.

Varian is by far the more likely to still be alive as some sort of proper demon thing.
>>
>>49424477
didn't his funeral corpse have a mask?
People have suspected that this is just Vol'jin being shadowhunter-y, so I wouldn't put it past Blizz.
>>
File: make it stop.jpg (46KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
make it stop.jpg
46KB, 400x533px
>>49423871
>Because Metzen is having a midlife crisis.

It seems everyone my age category is. My co-workers won't shut up about the Last of Us and other parent-related shit and patronizing people who aren't parents themselves.

You're right I don't understand it. I also don't give a fuck, so stop spewing this parenthood shit at me and expect me to care, Brian.
>>
>>49424515
People keep clinging to this hope that Varian gets the Bolvar treatment but I don't see it happening. Varian needed to be removed to allow for Anduin to become king and leader of Stormwind. Bringing him back complicates that.
>>
>>49424536
And their kids are all universally little shits right?
>>
>>49424542

Nah, if he comes back, he's gonna be brought back ala Saurfang in Icecrown Citadel.

He becomes a loot pinata. And makes Anduin all emo and shit for plot development.
>>
File: the horde (3).jpg (45KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
the horde (3).jpg
45KB, 750x500px
>>49424317
>>49424193
>>49424044

Alliance side of the game, you missed nothing. Just Blizzard shoe-horning everyone under Humans with this 'High-King' warchief equivalent, basically turning the Alliance into an Empire.

Horde-side has been a wild-fucking ride since Cataclysm.
>>
>>49423868
he was a good friend
>>
File: boobs in warcraft.jpg (211KB, 746x640px) Image search: [Google]
boobs in warcraft.jpg
211KB, 746x640px
>>49424564

Too early to tell. They are sheltered as fuck, so I would not be surprised.

There are some things in life you have to learn the hard way, and too many don't find out that little facet until the end of High School or even college. Would not be surprised if a few of them end up looking for answers at the bottom of a bottle or the business-end of a gun.
>>
>>49424420
>>49424455
>It's the "Thrall cheated" meme

Have either character ever actually officially proclaimed that that fight was to be a mak'gora? Weren't they just out for fucking blood and they made it a duel because it was a personal matter?

A Mak'gora would be a political tool, and in that moment politics didn't matter. Thrall wanted Garrosh dead, and Garrosh wanted Thrall dead. Garrosh would just as much have used a magical macgubbins to mess up Thrall if he had had the means for it.

>>49424477
>>49424492
>>49424515
His body has been burnt. He'll only ever reappear as a spectral being, at best. If Blizz want to amp up the cheese, he's gotten elevated to Loa rank.

Varian has been utterly evaporated. The only way he'll ever appear is as a spirit guide, as well.

>>49424536
Metzen has actually retired from writing and "Franchise Development". Thrall becoming irrelevant is probably a backlash after people have been bitching about "Green Jesus" for the past three expansions and Kosak having to find a way to make the Doomhammer accessible to Shamans without killing Thrall and thus officially shitting over the man's legacy.
>>
>>49424603
I was kinda wondering no ones mentioned any alliance side shit while catching me up.

So just a couple more questions: what the hell was warlords of Draenor and why is Illidan back from the dead ?
>>
>>49424676
>what the hell was warlords of Draenor
more evidence that novels are a mistake
>and why is Illidan back from the dead ?
he didn't actually die, Maiev sealed him in a prison made of his demon blood (possibly metaphorically?) along with his surviving demon hunters, then took them back to Azeroth
>>
>>49424676

Illidan is a demon. Demons can only be killed in the twisting nether.
>>
>>49424640
>That dress on that Draenei

There's something about those high-collar but shoulder-free dresses that make me so hard. Add to that the soft fabric around those tits and I can already feel my cum shooting out from my balls, man.

>YWN feel those tits up and impregnate a spacegoat.

>>49424676
Warlords of Draenor was a complete mess as the development team got seriously messed up halfway through production due to Overwatch and Project: Titan or somesuch. Basically it was an attempt to cash in on nostalgia through convoluted time-travel/parallel timeline shenanigans bringing an un-demonic Horde from the First Warcraft to current Azeroth. In the aftershock of having to fix all the shit that piled up during production, Warlords got messed up even more with shoehorned content and lore explanations.

Turns out Illidan wasn't "dead" dead, but only so much incapacitated that Maiev would capture him in a magical green crystal alongside all his other demon hunters. Gul'Dan from the Alternate Timeline got ported to current azeroth and has officially stolen Illidan's body for Legion buisiness.
>>
>>49424646
>Have either character ever actually officially proclaimed that that fight was to be a mak'gora?
Yes. In "And Justice for Thrall" when he runs up after Garrosh stuns you, he literally says:
>"No, No more, Garrosh. Just you and me. I challenge you to Mok'gora."

And then in the cutscene, Garrosh wrecks Thrall hard before Thrall starts busting out Shaman powers, leading to the Elements being pissed at him in Legion.

https://youtu.be/mRZHyy9XHIE?t=947
>>
>>49424782
It's at 15:48 in the linked video.
>>
>>49424676
Illidan was infused with a demon soul, so he doesn't truly die. There's a part in the demon hunter introduction where you can sacrifice yourself for a ritual, and when you're doing your corpse run Illidan speaks to you about it.
Basically demon's souls cannot be killed completely outside the twisting nether, since they just go back there. It's why at the Broken Shore a whole load of high-tier demons appeared back from the dead.
For some reason this is why there aren't two legions or two Sargeras in the alternate WoD timeline. There is only one of every demon throughout the timelines
>>
>>49424801
>There is only one of every demon throughout the timelines
Which makes it weird, because if they have access to all timelines, there should be an alternate Velen in the Legion where he accepted. Unless all Velens in all timelines refused.
Which also makes you wonder what happens to the extra Kil'jaedens and Archemonds that join the legion.
>>
>>49424676
Alliance side has been largely stagnant because Blizzard puts most of their effort into writing Horde which they admit is more fun to write. I think Legion is giving the Alliance some interesting writing for the first time since 5.1. But we'll see if they keep it up.

Warlords of Draenor..

Garrosh escapes his prison with the help of a bronze dragon named Kairos. Garrosh believes he was defeated because Azeroth orcs are corrupted with demon blood and therefore aren't pure enough to be a true conquering Horde. Kairos helps Garrosh travel to an alternate timeline where he disrupts the pivotal event in which the Horde drinks Mannaroth's blood. At this point, Garrosh kills Kairoz because Kairoz had his own plans that Garrosh didn't care to be a part of. Garrosh convinces the Horde to travel to (primary universe) Azeroth and invade it because he wants revenge.

This initial invasion is repelled but not before Nethergarde Keep is destroyed. Alliance and Horde send forces through the portal to this alternate Draenor to stop the "Iron Horde" as Garrosh was calling it.

Alliance and Horde forces fight back the Iron Horde and begin defeating its leaders one by one(the old horde leaders like Kargath, Ner'zhul, etc).

Thrall confronts Garrosh and kills him.

Once Alliance and Horde forces have defeated Blackhand, surviving Iron Horde clan leaders get desperate and turn to Gul'dan. Grom still refuses him and is taken prisoner. The Legion finally arrives on Draenor. You fight it off and defeat Archimonde.

Archimonde sends AU Gul'dan through the portal back to MU Azeroth where Gul'dan seeks out the Tomb of Sargeras and re-opens it, creating a portal conduit for the Legion to return to MU Azeroth.
>>
>>49424646

>Varian has been utterly evaporated

Evidence, please.

It doesn't specifically show him being blown to bits. They could easily pull him back as some big angry green fel-hulk.
>>
>>49424676
>>49424844
>Why is Illidan back
Cordana Felsong betrays everyone in Warlords of Draenor. She is a Warden like Maiev. Cordana informs Gul'dan that after Illidan was defeated at the Black Temple, Maiev encased his body in a prison(Being half-demon now, Illidan doesn't truly die. His spirit goes to the twisting Nether like other demons). She also imprisons the surviving Illidari at the Vault of the Wardens where other demons and such are kept imprisoned.

Cordana helps Gul'dan break into the vault and find Illidan's body. Gul'dan steals Illidan and escapes the vault. Maiev frees the Illidari in an act of desperation, asking for their aid in fighting the Legion.

That's where we are with Illidan in game right now. For now, we're getting backstory quests for Illidan. Illidan was a "Chosen one" type birth. He had golden eyes and is supposed to be the great leader of the Army of the Light to defeat the Legion. I shit you not.

The last quest made available was being let in on how exactly Illidan earns the title of Betrayer. First he's rejected by Cenarius to become a pupil because he doesn't show respect and is too full of himself. Illidan becomes a member of the Moon Guard and learns arcane magic. He uses questionable tactics to fight off a Legion attack which included draining the life forces of his fellow guardsmen to empower his magic to fight the demons. Jarod Shadowsong is appalled by Illidan's tactics and so his Illidan's teacher.

That's where we've left off.
>>
>>49424822
It's my belief that when an eredar turns traitor, he and every other version of him that became a demon across time merge into one superdemon, ala Titan Tails and thats why they're super powerful and shit
>>
>>49424854
Come on, now. It's a pg-13 game, they're not going to show some guy actually explode to fleshy bits.

But we do get shown very graphically that he's getting pumped full with Fel and a violent burst of Fel exploding from his body. If that doesn't describe him getting fucking nuked to atoms to you, nothing will.
>>
>>49423895
>Aggra.
>Aggra, seriously. He chose to keep the name.
>He's not Go'el. He's Thrall. It was his choice.
>AGGRA. SHUT UP, fuck's sake.
I don't mind Thrall hooking up with some random orc. I don't even mind brown orcs. But Jesus, I hate Aggra. No wonder Thrall turned into a wimp with her constantly trying to slap him down.

>>49423925
>How the fuck did Thrall think this was a good idea.
Thrall didn't, but there was a divide between the old blood and new blood, which would've led to civil war if there wasn't a retarded warrior orc at the helm.

Basically, kids ruin everything.
>>
>>49424844
*Thrall confronts Garrosh, cheats, and kills him.
Garrosh would've won that battle had Thrall not decided to break the rules and call on the fucking elements.
>>
>>49424090
>She gets the BadDragon, or at least it's implied.
The dragon that took her old seat on the Kirin Tor council after she rage quit? Yeah, no, those two aren't going to be boning any time soon.
>>
>>49424676

I've played both factions since Vanilla, mainly raided Alliance, but PvPed Horde. Here's the low down from the combined Alliance/Horde point of view stuff since you left:

Basically, Varian stops being a war-monger, Alliance gets rekted in Cataclysm due to the Horde pulling massive army/navy out of their asses with truckloads of plot armor. The D-team tier developers at Blizcon coming out as undisguised Horde fanboys (WC2 horde, not WC3, this is really important when talking about Garrosh in Cata-Mists) as the A and B team get moved to the Titan Project. Alduin is still a peace-loving pansy, even at the expense of Alliance lives. The big issue among alliance players at this time is wanting brutal revenge on the Horde, but Blizz thinks the Alliance should all be Lawful Good and 'above' petty revenge. Slowly, the dev team starts homogenizing the non-human races into being more 'human' in behavior. Night Elves perfering daylight, Draenei still non-existent, Varian overthrowing the Dwarven government and establishing another, gnomes are still only comic relief.

Part 2 to follow
>>
File: old school alliance.jpg (92KB, 911x700px) Image search: [Google]
old school alliance.jpg
92KB, 911x700px
>>49425135

Mists roll around, Blizzard decides to Nuke Theramore, because after Cataclysm they felt Alliance players didn't have enough reasons to hate the Horde after huge territory gains, plague-bombing, and slowly turning Faction war into a Total War that General Sherman would approve of. Kosak goes on record on saying the Night Elves would get a 'fistpump' moment, and makes them utter fools just like in Cataclysm. During the Divine Bell Storyline, Blizzard even tries ringing the bell in Darnassus (the equivalent of setting off a dirty bomb like the last thread mentioned). Beta posters go nuclear, and they hastily change it, resulting the in the weird dialogue with Jaina. They then utterly humiliate Tyrande to make Varian look good, allowing the creation of this "high King" position, and equivalent of the Horde Warchief. Metzen and Kosak claim that its a elected position similar to Lothar from the Second War, only authorized to direct troops voluntarily given to his command,, but Varian is seen in-game influencing other kingdoms, and

At this point Alliance players are extremely jaded, or just flat up stopped caring about storylines and faction changing because of those crazy OP racials. Combined with a crapton of Horde players hating the WC2 era 'unrepentant fascist' theme, its becoming clear that Garrosh isn't very popular. So they write him into a Hilter-esque villain and tell the Alliance that their 'Fist Pump" is coming, and write up that a minority of Orcs who drank the Waffen-SS kool-aid somehow hold off the combined might of the Alliance and forces them to team up with Horde rebels led by based-Vol'Jin to storm Ogrimmar. This is summed up in 5.3 with a huge patch where the Horde starts a rebellion, and the Alliance plays with a robot cat, then throws consumables to the Rebellion. Varian talks tough to the Horde, and the Alliance meekly packs up and leaves.Que the sound of more Alliance players checking out.
>>
>>49424418
You're leaving out that Thrall forbade Mok'Gora to the death unless both participants agreed to it. Cairne challenged, but Garrosh insisted on 'traditional' loin cloth, one weapon, final destination. Cairne went along with it because a dead Garrosh would make better decisions than a living one.
>>
File: How Jaina lost her marbles..png (633KB, 1339x1373px) Image search: [Google]
How Jaina lost her marbles..png
633KB, 1339x1373px
>>49425154
Also, Jaina is super anti-Horde since Theramore got nuked. Vareesa is also on that hate-train. She gets off to killing blood elves now.

Warlords of Draenor rolls around, also known as Orclords of Orcnor. >>49424844 Hits the nail on the head. Also, Blizz abandons their expansion a year idea, and cancels Project Titan, bringing the Devs who worked on it back to WoW, where they start immediantly on Legion. WoD gets no real content for a year, and now Legion drops.

This concludes my summary of text. I probably forgot a shitton of stuff.
>>
>>49424782
>leading to the Elements being pissed at him in Legion.
Fun fact: In the shaman quests, Thrall doesn't actually say the elements are pissed at him. He says Doomhammer has felt like dead weight and he hasn't felt the elements as strongly since killing Garrosh.

That could mean that the elements are pissy at him, but could just as easily mean that he's pissed at himself for fucking up with Garrosh and is having performance anxiety because of it.

Hell, he doesn't even mope off, really. He says you can keep Doomhammer because the elements chose you and he needs to do some soul searching anyway. The tone isn't dejected, it's more contemplative. Dude doesn't even sound depressed.
>>
>>49425154
>Horde racials
>op
lmao, humans have had the best PvP and PvE racials since vanilla
>>
>>49425229
True, and the Shaman version of erectile dysfunction is still pretty amusing.
But isn't the current lore of the Doomhammer that it was made with elemental Lava and shit and you get a bunch of fancy powers with it because the elements like you more?
It even creates a wall of elemental earth to keep the unworthy from claiming it.

That kinda points towards the Elements being pissy at Thrall. Course, could also be a mix of both things too.
>>
>>49425037

Well, back in WotLK at the wrath gate, they DID show a small army of people getting melted into undead ooze by horrible chemical weapons. And people being slain and their souls stolen. They have shown a lot of gruesome ass shit in the game.

No, I guarantee they cut away to make people think "oh he's dead" then pull an "AHA, HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY DIE, HE WAS JUST CORRUPTED!"
>>
File: sith lord Jaina.jpg (85KB, 815x577px) Image search: [Google]
sith lord Jaina.jpg
85KB, 815x577px
>>49425249
They were OP. There was the HUGE population of high-end Horde raiding guilds had until WoD came out with the Racial revamp. Then the gigantic migration of PvPers to Alliance during WoD, where it got so bad that 92% of the top 100 arena teams were Human.

The human racials hit their Peak in Wrath, when they have Perception AND a trinket. But since then, Humans statistically have been OP since then.
>>
>>49425291
Well the other shaman quests have you proving you're awesome to the elemental lords so they'll shut up and get in line. So it could be a case of having to a strong force of personality to get them to work for you. They won't follow a limp wristed loser.

Which makes it pretty hard to be a shaman when you aren't confident in your decisions. Which is the angle I think they're trying to go for with Thrall: He's not sure if he's a good leader anymore, so the elements aren't sure he's a good leader, either.

Though I've only progressed the class quests up to 103. Still have to level the alt more to see the rest.
>>
>>49425354
Well the PC is High King Badass of Fuck You Mountain.
>>
>>49425229
Shouldn't Doomhammer be a warrior weapon since it's original owner was the best Warchief the Horde has had.
>>
>>49425249
Horde have had the best PVE racials since BC.
Humans had the best PVP racial until Legion. Orcs have the best PVP racial now(Their hardiness racial that gives them resistance to CC stacks with the PVP talent for resistance to CC, giving orcs a 50+% resistance to any CC in PVP). Human racial only removes stuns now.
They of course evened out PVE racials, but not before most of the top raiding guilds in the world had switched to Horde, so they're all still horde except a couple Alliance ones in the top 10. Horde has had every world first since BC.
>>
>>49425436
It's backstory (not sure if it's a retcon, probably is) has it forged with the primal elements of Draenor. So while it's a really awesome hammer, it's also tied to the elements.

Which is why it's the Enhancement weapon, since Enhancement's has its power set streamlined into 'you are a magical warrior.' Maelstrom, their new resource, is essentially elemental Rage. So they're like a fury warrior that hits shit with lava and lightning charged weapons. I miss WoD enhancement, but Legion enhancement is good, too. I prefer Elemental as my main spec, though. Love my fire elemental too much to leave it. My fire elemental is my friend.
>>
>>49425436
Doomhammer lore has been updated to make a shaman weapon and orc leaders traditionally were shaman.
>>
>>49425436
Hardly. Arms Warriors get Strom'kar, literally who swords for Fury, and the fuck ugly Scale from Neltharion for prot. And more really bad Ymirjar accents than you can shake a stick at. It's a class hall full of Rolf from Ed, Edd n Eddy.

One of my guild mates thinks that the generic dungeon plate set is the best norse set in the game, and that it should have been t10 over the Ymirjar Lord set.
>>
>>49425508
>Orc Leaders traditionally were shaman.
Bullshit. Ner'Zhul was the only exception in that he was a shaman and clan warchief. Grom, Durotan, Blackhand, Kilrogg and rest were all warriors.
>>
>>49425566
>One of my guild mates thinks that the generic dungeon plate set is the best norse set in the game, and that it should have been t10 over the Ymirjar Lord set.
the Wrath plate armor is the best generic armor set Blizzard ever made
>>
File: 520770-legion-warrior.jpg (72KB, 463x609px) Image search: [Google]
520770-legion-warrior.jpg
72KB, 463x609px
>>49425614
No the new one from Legion. Pic related.
>>
>>49425582
The shaman were the spiritual leaders and had a higher position than the chiefs until they abandoned shamanism. Nerzhul was an exception in that he was a clan chief as well has being head shaman. But the shaman class ruled over the orc clans in general because they spoke to the ancestors.
>>
File: Sargeras MD.jpg (366KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sargeras MD.jpg
366KB, 600x500px
>>49423537
SILENCE INSOLENT KNAVE
>>
>>49425154
Sorry for the off topic shit, but why is that dwarf cosplaying as Joseph Joestar?
>>
>>49425332
>Reinstalling SWTOR because my damn laptop can't run a lot
>See this

Well fuck now I know what I'm naming an alt.
>>
>>49423425
So he DOES want to rape Azeroth. Hot damn the apocalypse is being headed up by the primordial creator equivalent of a creepy stalker. Is it weird that that makes me want to kick him in the groin that much harder?
>>
>>49426550
>been wanting to swtor with my friend for a while now
>his rooter was fucked so he couldn't play
>he finally gets it fixed after months of me pestering him about it
>legion hits
>bruh lets play legion

On the plus side, removing orcs to the constant blaring of nam music as we power levelled through WoD was tons of fun, we even slowed down in Nagrand just to do every quest in our tanks.

Removing orc? Tank
Removing ogre? Tank
Honor duels? Tank
Arena fights? Tank
Hunting? Tank
Delivery quests? Tank
Archeology? Tank
Climbing trees hanging off steep cliffsides to snatch the loot bag? Tank

While tank, nam music. During the faked surrender we learned that the door on the average orc hut is just big to squeeze the front of a tank through, turning the hut into an oven as you activate the flamer. And so we went door to door.
>>
File: protector_by_siakim-d3bghk2.jpg (716KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
protector_by_siakim-d3bghk2.jpg
716KB, 1000x800px
What are some reasons a Draenei would choose to be a warrior over a paladin? If they are all genetically predisposed to being able to wield the light, why would one choose to wield a weapon without the light when they could do it with the light?
>>
>>49427518
>was one of the ones who had to flee the fall of Shattrath and had been a Vindicator up until then
>consumed with guilt at being unable to stop the Orcs
>the Light abandons those who lose faith
>channels his guilt, anguish, and sorrow, and turns it all into Rage
>>
>>49427518
Two great weapons nigga!
Smite two niggas at once!
Smite one nigga twice!
>>
File: Draenei Warrior (3).jpg (284KB, 900x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Draenei Warrior (3).jpg
284KB, 900x1439px
>>49427518
Who cares about piety and all that shit when you can just beat someone's face in?
>>
>>49427734
>Yrel's Sister, the one who wanted to be Xtreme
>>
>>49423767
What a lucky guy Baine is
>>
>>49424646

Where do you see Vol'jin's body being burned? Are you talking about this cinematic? It cuts from Vol'jin slumped over in the throne to Sylvanas speaking in front of a pyre.
>>
>>49424944
You know wrathguards are Eredar.
>>
>>49425069
Thrall should've won it with out using his shaman powers considering he is meant to be a gladiator trained slave warrior turned warchief and not a fucking wimp
>>
>>49428012
But the only real end for Garrosh should've been Saurfang making the challenge and then killing Garrosh only to say something about keeping promises
>>
>>49428012
He can't be best shaman and one of the greatest warriors. The cries of Mary Sue would deafen the poor sleeping world soul of azeroth
>>
>>49428291
>And the Earthwarder.
>>
Have a gift, Warcraft discussion thread.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s8fssmwfndl7bwp/Fishy+Business.pdf
>>
>>49428385
Never should have been the earthwarder imo either nobundo or some tauren shaman should have gotten the position.
Btw why does nobundo sound like text to speech?!
Fortification should've been a 4th spec for shammys so we finally can be the immovable rock.
>>
>>49427933
We literally see the light leave his eyes in the cinematic. And after the cutscene, you can walk up to his body.
>>
>>49428609
is his tooth lootable?
>>
>>49428648
From Gul'dan, yes.
>>
>>49428515
Who says this belongs on /v/. What say ye now that we have a single on topic post!?
>>
>>49428726
weird, cool

can you actually do anything with it?
>>
>>49428791
I think it's a trinket.
>>
>>49424477
Vol'jin is definitely 100% dead.
Being dead does not stop a Troll from being involved in the story.
Death be a doorway, an' time a window.
>>
>>49428249
Or Vol'jin. There were so many people who explicitly swore to kill Garrosh or had far more reason to get the kill, but Thrall gets the glory because Metzen as usual.
>>
>>49429762
>Champion of the Loa of Death can't avoid dying and has shown no signs of coming back as a spirit
>random troll priest just floats out of his body like it ain't no thing
What did they mean by this
>>
>>49425037
>But we do get shown very graphically that he's getting pumped full with Fel and a violent burst of Fel exploding from his body. If that doesn't describe him getting fucking nuked to atoms to you, nothing will.

I don't see how they could telegraph "green palette swap of Bolvar's model" any harder.
>>
>>49428588
I've have been fine with the Earthwarder Thrall thing is it felt like it mattered. Instead, it just seemed like you needed some douchebag to point and shoot.

Now, if he had to sacrifice his life to take down Deathwing, then that would've been something. A grand heroic sacrifice to close out Thrall's story arc, showing his willingness to give everything for Azeroth.

Also could've helped explain Garrosh going full retard, with his dad's bro gone and the other horde leaders mourning, so they may not have been in the best state to actually teach the meat head.

>Fortification should've been a 4th spec for shammys so we finally can be the immovable rock.
I'd have killed for that.
>Restoration: Water based healer.
>Fortifcation: Earth based tank.
>Elemental: Lightning based ranged DPS.
>Enhancement: Fire based melee DPS.
Then again, I'd have made druids nelf exclusive and given forsaken paladins in vanilla, so I may be out of the norm.
>10,000 forsaken paladins because everybody wanted to be Arthas, and that was the only playable undead.
>>
>>49429827
Bwonzambi said his time left was short, Vol'jin was pretty much a better version of undead.
>>
>>49429766
Imo Saurfang killing Garrosh would've been more poetic considering the whole borean thundra conversation
>>
>>49424733
>>49424756
Nah, Illidan's proper dead. But after the whole "eating Gul'dan's skull" thing from WC3, he's been imbued with enough fel energy to turn him into a full demon. As such, when he was killed his soul got sent to the Nether. Maiev had his body preserved (for reasons, presumably lewd ones), and in Legion the demons stole it.

In the demon hunter class quest you actually get to chat with Illidan's soul in the Nether. Not that he really says much. He just names you his new champion and tells he has to hang up because some demons are after him.
>>
>>49431438
>for reasons
Demons need a suitable body to reincarnate. They can make a new one, but it takes ass loads of time.

So putting Illidan's body under glass ensured his soul couldn't get back into it for an easy rez.

How the fuck Maiev would know to do this, though... Obviously she's reading the script.
>>
File: file.png (6MB, 2336x3504px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6MB, 2336x3504px
>>49426759
>Mr. Sargeras, I'm Knight Harsen. Take a seat.
>>
>>49431719
Maiev even went to pandaland m8.
Maiev knows shit. She probably beat Lei-Shen's dick in until he answered her questions.
>>
>>49431719
I'd assume the wardens have enough experience in handling demons to know that they may be able to reincarnate. Although why didn't they just destroy Illidan's body to stop his soul from entering it again, but instead preserved it fully intact in their basement, I don't know. Unless Msiev had some "other" uses for it.
>>
File: sad dalek.gif (476KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
sad dalek.gif
476KB, 500x264px
>>49431743
>tfw Lei Shen can't catch a break
>tfw Best King will never take back his rightful holdings
>>
>>49431815
The Wardens seem to capture a lot of their enemies rather than kill them. I would think it's their code, but then we have the world quests where they are asking to players to go out and kill things. My next thoughts would be to assume that the ones they capture are ones they can't actually kill. Perhaps that's true in some cases, but apparently Maiev is supposed to be really powerful, so she should be able to kill many of the creatures they imprison.

I have come to the conclusion that the Wardens have no fucking idea what they are doing, and Maiev is the worst of the bunch.
>>
>>49430150
Don't worry anon, I would have been a paladin main since vanilla if it was an option. Hell, i'd main one right now, despite how shitty they are right now.
>>
File: 491955.jpg (324KB, 1834x986px) Image search: [Google]
491955.jpg
324KB, 1834x986px
Something that amused me is that in Suramar, the commoners, workers and regular guys and girls wear pretty normal clothing, but then the warriors, mages and upper class wear increasingly skimpy outfits. Like, if you join the army it's all "Welcome to the service, her's your bikini".

They don't even get shoes, which must get painful.

And of course Elisande who is at the top of the stack wears the skimpiest outfit of all. I could buy that it was decadence among nobles if not for the fact that the fighting men/women also wear that style of outfit, and they're the ones who should do it the least.
>>
>>49432091
they're wizards m8.
>>
>>49432091
Is she not wearing undies? this is important
>>
>>49431879
Might be that after getting attacked by Gul'dan and booted out of their fortress, they have neither the means or manpower to imprison people, so they have to just kill them.

Wardens kind of seem like elf Judge Dredd, really. The law says the punishment for most crimes is imprisonment, so he'll try taking creeps alive, but he's authorised to use lethal force whenever he deems it necessary.
Maiev could've easily killed the player DHs, but their crimes only warranted imprisonment, so she locked them up in the cubes, er, crystals. Turned out to be a good decision, as they came handy when Gul'dan and Cordana showed up with an army of demons.
>>
>>49432099

pretty sure the military people mostly just fight you with swords and shit
>>
>>49423972

You realise that canonically, all the shit in MoP happened in a few weeks, right? Thrall probably DID hear that Garrosh had wiped out Theramore and he did go to beat his shit in but got fucking annihilated because there were some other top tier shamans fucking deriving the area of elements so Thrall was powerless outside of swinging his hammer, which as we saw in WoD, he was a fucking pussy who had to cheat to beat Garrosh when he was a puny nobody.
>>
>>49432535
>2
What amuses me is when the Wardens send my character out to kill a target and give me a speech about this heinous creature cannot be allowed to survive. And that creature happens to be a Majectic Elderhorn. Literally just a moose.

I'd say they lowered the standards for recruitment, but they let Maiev in despite her obsessive tendencies.
>>
>>49432091
They've spent the last 10 000 years under a force field. It's not like they've really had much need for an army until recently, so it has probably been largely ceremonial. I think it's outright mentioned that while the nightborne have kept honing combat skills even during their isolation, it was done primarily as a sport, like how people these days might practice fencing.
>>
>>49432554
swords and ASS

it's Columbia all over again
>>
>>49432570
And their military efforts consist of
>1. Wave tactics.
>2. Sending out constructs.
>3. 1 & 2.
Look at their invasion of Moon Guard Stronghold as an example: They just throw swarms of mooks at it until the defenses finally crumble.

The handful of nelf hold outs are actually noted as being able to hold them off indefinitely, but concerns they can't take care while doing it. One wants to protect his library from the invaders, the others want to stop them from raiding their magical relics.

Though the actual DANGEROUS members (the rare spawns and named quest mobs) are all casters of one variety or another.
>>
>>49432567
Maiev is an amazing Warden precisely because of her obsessive tendencies. You tell her "hey Maiev, guard this blind asshole with dumb-looking swords", and she'll stand outside the cell door for the next 10 000 years, and when the guy is released, she'll chase him halfway across the world and into another planet to stick him back in the damn cell, because she was told to make sure he never leaves it (never mind the person who freed him was the same who told her to guard him in the first place).
>>
>>49432567
>They let Maiev in
Kinda hard to not do when she's the leader and started the organization.

Side note. I just got to the part in the Illidan book where all of her troos are ambushed and slaughtered, then she flies into a blind rage and butchers, like, 100+ fel orcs. Holy shit. Even the fel orcs were too scared to fight her.
>>
>>49432654
Apparently later in the book, during the assault on Black Temple, she closes demonic portals by literally clogging them in mountains of demon corpses, while the Sha'tari forces just kind of stand in the back and watch while she slaughters everything.
>>
>>49432654
>>49432693
>Yet more character power wanking.
And suddenly I'm bored.
>>
>>49432570

>you could easily overpower a nightborne female officer and take her prisoner

And now I have an erection
>>
>>49432654
>>49432693
I have no idea why Maiev is as strong as she is. She has never been shown to be so powerful, yet here she, an army of one, and can even match characters like Illidan.
>>
>>Garrosh is on trial
>>choose divine beings to be the jury
>>aren't impartial at all
>>in fact they've made their decision before it even starts
Oh MoP. Can't you do anything right?
>>
>>49432831
Well, I mean, she was a senior priestesses if Elune. And then, to quote the wiki, "trained constantly" for 10,000 years. Not to mention, she spent a lot of that time hunting all sorts of crazy critters. Just look at the kind of shit we face in the Vault. I'm not surprised she's as good as she is.
>>
>>49432700
Not trying to power wank, it's just, well, damn. Fucking brutal.
>>
>>49432852
also, she mad
>>
>>49432852
I hear some people claiming she went out and hunted down powerful demons and shit, while others claim she spent 10k years constantly guarding Illidan.

Which is true? Because they're mutually exclusive.
>>
>>49432866
The former. Originally she just guarded Illidan, but at some point the Vault was constructed and her and her organization's role expanded to hunting down and/or killing dangerous criminals and creatures that threatened night elf society.
>>
>>49432866
I think it's safe to assume she went out to hunt. During the demon hunter starter quests, she says she would do anything to protect Azeroth. If true, I could totally believe she wouldn't just sit on her ass and stare at Illidan for 10,000 years.
>>
>>49432866
She constantly goes out on hunts but obsessively phones the other warders to check up on Illidan every 5 minutes.
>CORDANA!Is the Betrayer still in his cell?
>Yes Maiev,you've been asking this every day for the past 9999 years
>You never know when he could escape!Remain vigilant sister,i'll call you back soon
>Cordana contemplates joining the Legion
>>
>>49432866
>>49432886
>>49432895
Not to mention it explains why she wasn't there when Tyrande busted Maiev out despite being THE Warden.
>>
>>49432906
> when Tyrande busted Maiev* out
*Illidan
>>
>>49432911
Also murdered his guards in cold blood.
>>
>>49427691
>wield one Hammer of the Naaru and the Light
>wield two Hammers of the Naaru
the toughest choice any draenei ever makes
>>
>>49432831
she was always powerful. she was always meant to be a match for illidan, hence why she captures him again in wc3, and why she was able to kill him in BC.

you cant expect to lead a MASSIVE organisation like the wardens without being pretty strong.
>>
>>49432693
>stopping the demon invasion by clogging the portal with bodies
40k/10
>>
>>49432917
To be fair,wasn't Tyrande the highest Night Elf authority at the time?

What the fuck made the Wardens thing they could stand in her way and attack her when she tries to free Illidan.

The entire situation is ridiculous,like if Obama wanted to pardon a prisoner but had to personally slaughter the prison guards with an AK47 to do it.
>>
>>49432963
cant blame the wardens for fighting tyrande. for all they knew, tyrande could have been a demon in disguise. tyrande did not attempt to communicate, after all, and there WAS a demonic invasion going on.

the wardens are taught illidans a traitor, someone who aligned with the burning legion, who willingly accepted their power. why WOULDNT they want to keep him locked away when the demons are out and about?
>>
I wish we could get some actual Maiev-Illidan interaction that isn't just them sneering at each other.

I mean,just have them say something to each other. Have a conversation.

They don't need to make up,but they don't actually treat each other like people.
>>
>>49433019
They can't control their boners around each other.
>>
>>49424921
>He had golden eyes and is supposed to be the great leader of the Army of the Light to defeat the Legion.

He used to have amber eyes, which meant that he had great druidic potential in night elves society.

Basically "HE'S THE CHOSEN ONE but nobody could tell you how chosen he was"
>>
>>49432949
It must be said that when she captured him in wc3, he was alone and she was not.
>>
>>49433019
If your hateboner for someone was that big, would you treat them like people?
>>
>>49433292
>He used to have amber eyes, which meant that he had great druidic potential in night elves society.
But the night elves didn't take to druidism until after the war of the ancients, and amber/golden eyes were already a thing before that. It meant that whoever had them was destined for great deeds or something.
>>
>>49433344
>But the night elves didn't take to druidism until after the war of the ancients
Bzzt,wrong.

Druidism existed,it just wasn't the hot shit it is in today's night elf society.

Back then if you were an arcane caster you were the big dick elf. Druids were mostly respected because Cenarius was like ''yooo druidism'',but they were neither dominant nor populous.
>>
>>49430373
>Loa of Death
>Bwonsamdi
>Bawon Samdi
>Baron Samedi

Holy fuck, I must be a retard to have never noticed this, specially considering how much I've read the Sprawl Trilogy and The Invisibles.
>>
>>49433019
>Oh, hey
>Hey
>...
>...
>So, how about those trees, huh? Healthy trunk, nice, beautiful leaves, lots of wisps frolicking around them...
>...
>...
>ABLOO BLOO BLOO MUH SACRIFIES FUR DA DEF OF DA LEEJUN I GIB EVRYTHING WUT HAVE U GIBEN ABLOO BLOO BLOO BLOO WHERES TYRANDA IS SHE WITH THAT BACKSTABBING HIPPIE KEK I CALLED BROTHER CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL
>...
>...
>I should have you killed just for that, you know?
>>
>>49423895
I'm telling you all. Heroes of the Storm Thrall, and most notably his trailer on youtube, is everything the horde should be.
>>
File: challengethatcall.gif (994KB, 318x178px) Image search: [Google]
challengethatcall.gif
994KB, 318x178px
>Spend an afternoon rescuing Koltira's ass
>Decide to talk to him in Acherus
>'Grrr you're alliance fuck off faggot'

Can I send this whiny cunt back to Sylvanas?
>>
>>49433583
>>ABLOO BLOO BLOO MUH SACRIFIES FUR DA DEF OF DA LEEJUN I GIB EVRYTHING WUT HAVE U GIBEN ABLOO BLOO BLOO BLOO WHERES TYRANDA IS SHE WITH THAT BACKSTABBING HIPPIE KEK I CALLED BROTHER CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL
yeah, thats illydan.

Wish there was fanart of him being BTFO by bantzmeister arthas.
>>
>>49433685
>not throwing koltira out of the fucking ufo.
what a shame.
At least thassarian has a new waifu.
>>
>>49431844
Don't feel bad. Maiev is, like, amusingly powerful and experienced.

>Successfully imprison Illidan for 10,000 years until Tyrande frees him.
>Successfully-ish waged a guerilla war on a dying alien world for years.
>Pwns Illidan and the Illidari. Imprisons them once again.
>Probably went a few rounds with Lei Shen.
>Her and Khadgar inspired empowered GulDan to team up with the legion with their strength and persistence (audio drama).
>Was briefly held and tortured by demons in Black Rook Hold. Didn't even break a sweat.
>Will certainly remain involved in Legion to come.
>>
>>49431844
Hey, at least Blizzard said he'd win against the LK in a 1 on 1 fight. But the scourge would wreck his empires shit.
>>
>>49431743
When did she go to Not-China? This is news to me.
>>
>>49425566

strom'kar is a literally who shit weapon
>>
>>49434011
nice try Gara'jal
>>
>>49434011
As far as Artifacts go, if you're not Ashbringer then you can go jump off a cliff. At Warriors get Valhalla and Odyn.
>>
>>49434039
I dunno, I think the Fangs of the Devourer are pretty nifty. You don't take falling damage with them, which is neato.
>>
>>49434074
>You don't take falling damage with them, which is neato.
rip in peace glyph of Path of Frost
>>
>>49434163
Mobility doesn't fit our class fantasy :^)
>>
>>49425436
Garrosh did not own the Doomhammer though.
>>
>>49434174
neither does doing damage or tanking apparently
"petty and pointless nerfs" isn't the class fantasy I signed up for, especially not when mages are always good at DPS and druids are always good at everything
>>
File: fucked up.png (87KB, 247x231px) Image search: [Google]
fucked up.png
87KB, 247x231px
>mfw no Glyph of Misdirection and no plans to make it baseline

>>49434206
Unholy is okay, though the nerf to Clawing Shadows was typically Blizzard in a "Melee cannot have nice things" way.
>>
>>49432900
So why did Cordana turn evil all of a sudden? All I remember from Draenor was that she was Khadgar's waifu or something
>>
>>49434218
Yeah the only gimped DPS spec is frost.

holy shit frost DK's are so bad
>>
>>49434218
>Unholy is okay
their DPS is ok, the rotation makes me want to kill myself
frost buffs when
>>
>>49434206
>mages

I want to like them and easily could if only they'd strangle the fucker who has kept pushing rune of power for three expansions.
>>
File: 1453304386239.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453304386239.gif
257KB, 500x500px
>>49434245
As a DK main since wotlk, lack of good frost and Unholy's rotation makes me want to neck myself. How're havoc meme hunters?
>>
>>49434225
She was a stupid cunt and mishandled bad magic.
>>
>>49434039
Ashbringer being a player weapon is the worst thing ever tho. I'd rather have had another item that wasn't linked directly to bullshittery for the past 10 years.

I mean sure, it's nice to finally get it after giving it to Tirion in the first place but I'd rather have gotten something new. Like a NEW weapon made from the shard of the Naaru who fell from space. Call it Lightborne or something and have it fulfill the same goal. Then you can bring Tirion back as FELTIRION with another corrupted Ashbringer with Varian Wrynn, Voljin and whoever else died in the expansion as a boss.

It's why it's dumb that all they've done over the expansions is big up how fucking balls to the wall Mograine was and the Ashbringer wasn't really ALL that good. Now we get to Legion and suddenly it's the best shit since sliced bread despite me having Grom's axe, Lothar's sword etc etc.

I would have preferred Blizzard would have let YOU pick your artifact weapon so you could take whatever you wanted and the artifact stuff was purely just a reason to give you grindable resources.

Instead I have to rely on transmog because none of the paladin artifacts look good now including Ashbringer, which would have looked amazing pre WOTLK but now looks shit compared to stuff like Gurthalak.
>>
>>49434268
OP and fun if you enjoy constant movement.
>>
>>49434268
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

The only class with a proper rotation now are Ret paladins.

The rest are priority spammers.

I do like Enhancement Shamans but I have no idea how they stack up.
>>
>>49434276
>the Ashbringer wasn't really ALL that good.

It beat Frostmourne. It's really good.
>>
>>49434293
>The only class with a proper rotation now are Ret paladins.

Rets are just gimped arms.
>>
>>49434298
the plot beat Frostmourne
>>
>>49434268
Expect to spam Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat if you want top DPS, along with applying Glaive Toss on CD for that sweet sweet dot. It's a fun spec overall, just requiring a ton of mobility work.
>>
>>49434286
>>49434293
>>49434341
I'm not looking for something op as much as I am something just viable/fun. UH is like....Use festering strike and scourge strike, that's it. Those are the two abilities you press more than once every 30 seconds.
>>
>>49433583
Tut tut anon, that is far too biased.

>Oh, hey
>Hey
>...
>...
>So, how about those trees, huh? Healthy trunk, nice, beautiful leaves, lots of wisps frolicking around them...
>...
>...
>ABLOO BLOO BLOO MUH SACRIFIES FUR DA DEF OF DA LEEJUN I GIB EVRYTHING WUT HAVE U GIBEN ABLOO BLOO BLOO BLOO WHERES TYRANDA IS SHE WITH THAT BACKSTABBING HIPPIE KEK I CALLED BROTHER CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL
>I FUCKING KNEW IT ONCE A BETRAYER ALWAYS A BETRAYER,CAN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT TREES HUH?WHAT SORT OF NIGHT ELF ARE YOU?A DEMON THAT'S WHAT. I'M TRIPLING YOUR SENTENCE AND PUTTING EXTRA GUARDS AROUND YOU,I DON'T GIVE A LIVING FUCK IF YOU ESCAPE TO ANOTHER GOD DAMN UNIVERSE NOTHING IS OUTSIDE MY JURISDICTION
>>
>>49433583
They'd probably get into a pissing match like that random warden and the DH boss in VotW, where both of them are just yelling at the the other about how "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MUH SACRIFICE!".
>>
>>49434361
>UH is like....Use festering strike and scourge strike, that's it.
don't forget to death coil
wouldn't want to miss that chance to proc your rune regen

fuck I hate death coil so much
>>
>>49434377
>I DON'T GIVE A LIVING FUCK IF YOU ESCAPE TO ANOTHER GOD DAMN UNIVERSE NOTHING IS OUTSIDE MY JURISDICTION

So, Maiev is Azeroth's Sam Vimes?
>>
>>49434389
yeah but DC is literally a filler ability

fuck

DC does nothing but give you a chance to get your runes faster and get dark transformation faster

It's so fucking boring.
>>
>>49434377
>pissing match followed by fighting followed by fucking followed by regret ensues
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>49432091
I REALLY want a Nightborne wife.
>>
>>49434404
>It's so fucking boring.
exactly
despite being cool as fuck in WC2, they made it so boring in WoW that they have to build the entire spec around it to make people use it
>>
>>49434455
No ass.
>>
>>49434402
But with a much bigger stick up her ass.
>>
>>49434455
It's bizarre that the Nightfallen faction rep is a Withered despite being cutoff from the Nightwell for what, a week before we find her? I'd prefer her as a standard Nightborne.
>>
>>49434509
Just wait until you upgrade your tree then.
>>
>>49434455
The thing that bugs me about the Nightborne is that half of them are voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, who is the voice of the female Crusader/Johanna in Diablo 3 and Major Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell: SAC. And the other half is voiced by Steve Blum.
>>
>>49434496
Is it Illidan's?
>>
>>49434509
Was probably cut off for a while before she was exiled. Could have been on the cusp of withering by the time she got tossed out.
>>
>>49434225
She spent most of her screentime in WoD babysitting Khadgar. "Khadgar, be careful" "Khadgar, stop torturing Garona", "Khadgar, don't play around with the mind-contorlling artefact of demonic power" etc. The last one ended up being her downfall, as after having the PCs retrieve the Orb of Domination (does exactly what it says in the tin) from Gul'dan's forces and using it on Garona, Khadgar tosses it to Cordana to dispose of it. Turns out Gul'dan contacted her through the orb and, presumably through promising to let her make Khadgar eat his own dick, convinced her to join the Legion.

>>49434039
I must say, both DH artefacts are extremely boring. A lot of the others have some neat bonus effects (Ashbringer incinerats low-level undead, S-priest kaifu-waifu talks to you, elemental shaman fists make elementals friendly to you), but the DH ones don't really have anything special other than giving you one extra button to press in your rotation.
The vengeance one at least has fairly neat fluff, but the havoc one is literally the sword of that one guy we killed in a questline in TBC, who apparently got resurrected by the Legion and got his weapon upgraded by KJ (also, once again Altruis the Sufferer fucked up roaylly, as he's responsible of both the guys death by getting a bunch of murderhoboes to kill him and his betrayal as he only turned to the Legion after KJ showed him that he had been betrayed by a fellow Illidari).
>>
>>49434509
I've heard that Elisande, at the end of her encounter in the Nighthold, surrenders and joins the Nightfallen.

Also, 7.1 datamining shows that Thalyssra & Co. are gettiing back to their original forms. At last, I can interact with the best Nightborne waifu, tsundere Valtrois, in all her splendor.
>>
>>49434527
It was. Why do you think she wants him back so bad?
>>
>>49434524
>Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, who is the voice of the female Crusader/Johanna in Diablo 3
also Tyrant Velhari
>Johanna wn crush you like an insect
>>
>>49434553
Oh yeah. And then they got Crispin Freeman, Togusa from GitS SAC and Alucard in Hellsing, to do the guy who turns into a Dreadlord in Black Rook Hold.
>>
>>49434585
Freeman also used his Grimlock voice for Xavius, which made the Darkheart Thicket much less interesting.
>>
>>49434293
>The only class with a proper rotation now are Ret paladins.
And Ret rotation is literally 4 buttons you press in such a regular pattern that you can literally make a /castsequence macro and operate at 99% efficiency just by hitting that one button.

>>49434341
You can play Havoc without the "momentum" talent (ie. the one that gives you a damage buff for constantly spamming retreat and rush), as well. Somewhat less theoretical dps than the momentum build, but you'r actual dps will likely be better since momebtum is kind of hard to get to work at full effieicnecy (you have to use retreat eveyr time it's off cd, and hope the boss doesn't move further away so that when you rush back you get right into melee range, and hope you don't disengage into an aoe/lava/edge of a cliff).
>>
>>49434614
>so says the SHADOW of Xavius
memes aside, I genuinely have no idea what the fuck Malfurion meant by that
>>
Can someone become a mage later in life or is it strictly something you have to study for since childhood?
>>
>>49434628
>I genuinely have no idea what the fuck Malfurion meant by that

It's not the real Xavius in Val'sharah, but something more akin to his Avatar, which is probably why he's kind of handsome rather than a grotesque brick.
>>
>>49434628
Maybe he means when Xavius when he wasn't corrupted?
>>
>>49434546
goddamn I need some good kinky smut of them.
>>
>Wardens send you all over the Broken Isles to kill their enemies
>Have you kill a Moose
>>
>>49434618
>You can play Havoc without the "momentum" talent
Yeah, I'm just thinking of the early beta when Momentum was thought to be a 10-15% DPS increase over all the other options in that tier. Now it's like 5 tops if you play it perfectly.

>>49434404
When using Death Strike is flatout superior aside from the cdr effect, you know that Death Coil is shit.
>>
>>49434713
THE MOOSE HAD CONSORTED WITH THE BETRAYER,THE HIGHBORNE,THE LEGION, AND THAT SLUT TYRANDE

HE

WAS

GUILTY
>>
>>49433638

There is no lore character in Warcraft who isn't better represented and more iconic in HOTS, for obvious reasons. The developers for that game look at the characters and pick the most popular iteration, and go with that. So you don't get weird middle-age crisis Thrall or white-haired crazy manabomb Jaina, or weepy Tyrande. Which is great, it's just a shame it has to be in an ancillary game with no impact on lore instead of the main fucking game.
>>
>>49434225

Cordana got mind controlled by Gul'dan using the orb of domination and yet Khadgar doesn't even make an attempt to save her. But he sure as hell went through hell and high water to save Garona WHICH CORDANA CONVINCED HIM TO.

What a fucking dick, he just went "lol cordana is ebil now go kill her for lewts"
>>
>>49434778
What do you think will be the reason for everyone losing their artifact weapons for the next expansion?
>>
>>49434752
Goddammit anon, you made me laugh in public! Fuck you, b-baka!
>>
>>49434713
dude moose are scary fuckers can you blame them?
>>
>>49434713
#steeltusklivesmatter
>>
>>49434799
Get destroyed by whoever replaces the legion.

We just magically get really clumsy and drop them.

Or we have to give them up to literally-whos because they need the character development more.

>>49434455
I can relate.
>>
>>49434713
A moose once bit their sister.
>>
>>49434839
They'll make sure that fat moose slut becomes dinner alright.

Why are wardens so great?
>>
>>49434799
I think they mentioned of wanting to keep them around in some form, like incorporating pieces of them to later items.
>>
>>49434917
But what about world-shattering-tier items like Warlock's Sceptre of Sargeras or Ulthalesh?
>>
>>49434752
I want to consort with Tyrande
>>
>>49435136
This artist has great flesh tones, but needs some work on his anatomy. Her proportions are slightly off, particularly around her knees.
>>
File: newmodelarmy1.jpg (186KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
newmodelarmy1.jpg
186KB, 760x596px
>>49432091
>>
>>49435226
Eh? Proportions are just fine. At least you didn't go on about her knees being sharp.
>>
File: maiev.jpg (132KB, 750x582px) Image search: [Google]
maiev.jpg
132KB, 750x582px
>>49435136
Fuck off Illidan

No,wait

GET BACK IN THE PRISON
>>
>>49435443
If by "just fine" you mean "he forgot the middle quad muscle extends all the way to the knee" then sure. What triggers me about the pic is it's so close to being perfect, but then he just botched it on anatomy.
>>
What do you see for the next expansion after Legion?

I think an Outland rework, like Cata did to EK and Kalimdor, where the Legion's invasion was beaten back and now we're aiming to go after them, and we've taken and built up Outland as our base by basically strapping a bunch of giant engines to it to sail around in the Nether, and Wrathion and Ebonhorn and Sabellian have talked over the nether dragons to our side for use in making raids on the demons where we can permakill them.

The main Outland zones that we have now would still be 60-70 areas, but with the players through those levels acting on a lower level of dealing with problems there and basically being a maintenance and troubleshooting crew under the max level players, who'll get a few small spots and quests in each area but mainly be tackling new zones, reached through portals, ships (like the repaired Exodar) and netherdrake flight.

The theme of the whole expansion would be crazy fantasy space travel, more ethereals, more alien remnant races from destroyed worlds, crystal ships, more weird 80s cartoonish space fantasy stuff, like TBC 2.0.
>>
>>49435498
No, you're just autistic and it sounds like you think her vastus medialis is her kneecap. A bulging vastus would hide where the central portion of her quad, the rectus femuris, connects to the kneecap.
>>
>>49435536
Either Argus to face down Kil'Jaeden or stealing the Legion's spaceships as a way to battle the Void Lords directly.
>>
File: newmodelarmy2.jpg (215KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
newmodelarmy2.jpg
215KB, 760x596px
>>49435423
Post the rest fagit
>>
File: newmodelarmy3.jpg (143KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
newmodelarmy3.jpg
143KB, 760x596px
>>49435615
>>
>>49435540
No, I just draw life nudes for school everyday, jackass.
>>
>>49435536
>What do you see for the next expansion after Legion?

Sargeras.

Not just Sargeras as final boss, Sargeras as the whole expansion. We jump onto his world-self like we're an STD he caught from Azeroth and run around on/in his body wrecking shit. Every zone is one of his limbs. Either we're trying to kill him, or take him over to use as a giant planet sized mech suit to team up with Azeroth and fight the Void Lords. Maybe even try to anti-corrupt him to being good again, but that'd be pretty dumb, unless maybe he really is in love with Azeroth and she convinces him somehow. Would still be a karma houdini act but that's hardly new for Blizz characters.

We'd be the invaders, and not the pussy way in WoD where we pretended we weren't.
>>
>>49435645
Autism continues to speak.
>>
>>49435782
S-so sorry s-sempai. I d-d-didn't mean to criticize your opinion, desu.

She's a mishappen attrophied mess.
>>
>>49425566

why the fuck didn't we get gorehowl as the arms weapon?
>>
>>49432091
Drow work with the same principal. The more skimpy someone dresses, the more powerful/confident they are in magic.
>>
>>49436035
Because it already exists in game as an obtainable item. Yes, I know that's stupid, but that's kinda Blizzard's thinking. I would have loved to see Horde players get something like Gorehowl and Alliance arms warriors get a revamped Ashkandi, since it was Lothar's sword.
>>
>>49432091
>They don't even get shoes, which must get painful.
Hello, citydweller.
>>
>>49436035
This >>49436068 basically. You can get *a* Gorehowl from Karazhan (for now anyway), so it wouldn't make sense to give people one as the artifact. Though alternating skins for the factions would have been more work than needed. Strom'kar isn't a bad weapon, but Fury's lack of focus until Titan's Grip means it's screwed.
>>
>>49436035
>>49436068
I'd question more why they didn't give Gorefiend's truncheon as a DK artefact. He never dropped it when we fought him in TBC, and it would actually have lore connected to it, unlike the non-Frostmourne DK weapons. Initially I thought it might be because it'd be a one-handed weapon and the only DK spec that dualwields is frost who already got Frostmourne's shards. But Teron in BT actually wields it as as two-handed mace.
>>
>>49436035
Not powerful enough.

It belonged to badasses, but in the end, it's just an axe.
>>
>>49436159
>I'd question more why they didn't give Gorefiend's truncheon as a DK artefact.
The problem with that would be that Gorefiend is a completely different kind of fighter than the EBPD members we play. He was just a mounted undead warlock, not at all a melee fighter like player DKs are.
>>
>>49434261
I refuse to take RoP out of principle. Even if its a DPS loss. Same With Savage Roar. Rogues don't even use Slice-n-dice anymore.
>>
File: 1469693161447.png (227KB, 594x748px) Image search: [Google]
1469693161447.png
227KB, 594x748px
>>49434039
Scythe of Elune has been a thing since Vanilla too.
>>
>>49436398
There's also twin blades of the prince which are basically mini frostmournes made from frostmourne.
>>
File: Warcraft fast food.jpg (138KB, 569x720px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft fast food.jpg
138KB, 569x720px
>>49436398
True, but Druid players of that era are a extreme minority. Whereas Paladins and DKs from Wrath are fucking everywhere.
>>
>>49436159
>Gorefiend's truncheon as a DK artefact
Because first generation DKs were orc warlocks in human knight bodies. Gorefiend's trucheon contains his damn soul and would make more sense as a warlock artifact
>>
>>49434778
>Oh look a sea giant has our stuff.
>They don't usually like letting go of stuff.
>Kill him and take it.

Khadgar's kinda callous of late.
>>
File: 1457163133944.jpg (224KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1457163133944.jpg
224KB, 1024x768px
>>49436479
....I am a druid player from that era....
I didn't realize it was that much of a minority. Resto was still good healing.

>>49436454
Yeah but aren't those for FROST spec? Who'd pick them up?
>>
File: Druids.jpg (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Druids.jpg
139KB, 400x400px
>>49436564
>....I am a druid player from that era.... I didn't realize it was that much of a minority

Back then, Druids were the least played class by such a margin that simply having one at 60 got you into raiding guilds. All because of Innervate.

>Resto was still good healing.

That's all they were good at until patch 1.8. The class was blatantly unfinished at launch.
>>
File: too sweaty.jpg (119KB, 300x900px) Image search: [Google]
too sweaty.jpg
119KB, 300x900px
>>49436564
>Yeah but aren't those for FROST spec? Who'd pick them up?
h-h-h-ha yeah, no one would ever play frost DK nowadays.
>>
File: 1472874100815.jpg (237KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
1472874100815.jpg
237KB, 600x752px
>>49436697
I don't care if it never got me a raidspot, Boomkin form was worth it.

Need to sort out how to fit in owlbear druids for my campaign setting now. How murderous do you suppose they ought to be? They seem to range from neutral but violent to aggressive and predatory, but a small few smarter than the average owlbear in tune with natural forces?
>>
>>49435536
>I think an Outland rework, like Cata did to EK and Kalimdor, where the Legion's invasion was beaten back and now we're aiming to go after them, and we've taken and built up Outland as our base by basically strapping a bunch of giant engines to it to sail around in the Nether, and Wrathion and Ebonhorn and Sabellian have talked over the nether dragons to our side for use in making raids on the demons where we can permakill them.
please no redone bullshit. Stepping into MU outland still evokes some emotion from me. Seeing the barren alien world, with the sky on fire with those fel currents, and the music playing in the background.
>>
>>49436727
depends. If they go full feral, they should become more hostile than regular owlbears.

Otherwise they should be elune worshippers taking on druidism. Remember that moonkin were favored by elune or something.
>>
>>49436727
If you're basing them at all on the feral moonkin/owlkin, keep in mind the several examples of what happens when they get cut off from Elune or have similar things happen to them.

The most recent one in Val'sharah has them methodically trapping and liquefying still-living dryads. When they really go off the rails, holy shit do they make the rest of Xavius' crap look tame.
>>
>>49436779
"These trolls who have uplifted themselves with the arcane power of the pool shall worship me and in return shall be my children."

"But these big cute murderbeasts are just so precious to me that they're getting symbolic status."
>>
>>49436697
>That's all they were good at until patch 1.8. The class was blatantly unfinished at launch.
That applies to every non-healy spec of a class that had a healing tree, except maybe shadow priest (who you might maybe bring along to boost warlock dps, if you had an empty dps spot). In vanilla there wasn't much choise of talent trees for raiding. If you could have a healer spec, you were a healer. If you were a warrior, you tanked. And don't even think about playing as a druid or pally tank, because despite those trees existing, they were utter shit (you did want one prot paladin, but just to buff everybody with the spec-specific super good blessing, then go sit in the corner).

Not that a lot of dps had it better. I played a warlock, and my choises were two basically nonfunctional trees (pets didn't scale with your gear in vanilla so demo dps sucked, and the limit on number of dots on bosses was so small affliction was unplayble) and a shitty fire mage. Although if you were one of the 1% who got to Naxx, I'm told destrolocks did godlike dps with full t3 gear.
>>
>>49436807
yeah.
wish we could see little owlbears sometimes. They look so goofy.
>>
>>49435707
>8.0's Final Raid
>We finally managed to tear Sargeras' thong to pieces
>Kick his now-exposed metallic balls and ass until the Void Lords die of laughter, kill two birds with one intergalactic army of supermurderhobos and all that
>No tanks required: Archmemer Khadgar of the Kekin' Tor will fly around Sargeras' head like a fly, spouting annoying memes to distract the Titan from our true intent
>Cue Gurren Lagann jokes and references
>>
>>49431879
When did they say Maiev is really powerful? Other her trapping you ass in the DH starting quest. In WC3 Malf easily CC'd her and could've ended her and Malf isn't even THAT strong
>>
>>49433019
Like the conversation the first boss of Vault has with that Warden?
>>
>>49437410
Malf is a pretty fucking powerful druid.
>>
>>49437410
malf is a step away from being a demigod you meme
>>
>>49437523
That whole bit was so cringe I had to switch to my no NPC text channel. So no.
>>
>>49437410
Malfy is the most powerful druid after Cenarius.
>>
>>49437410
It talks up and down about her power and skill in King's Illidan. And the warden was a pretty boss hero unit in WC3.
>>
>>49437569
I thought it was funny, with the way the both are trying to out-edge eachother and yelling abough how nobody understands muhs sacrifice.
>>
>>49437410
Even though Maiev is pretty boss, she's just as susceptible to strong cc as anyone. In the Illidan book, she nearly gets killed by some fel orcs when Vashj hits her with a cold spell and slows her.
>>
>>49437628
The wardens and demon hunters should just mass orgy to get all their pent up angst out.
>>
>>49436697
I never noticed how rare druids were then. I had 6 regulars who showed up for raids. Usually only had room for 4 of them, but they often had more representation that Warlocks did in my guild. I was usually the only one.
But at least that meant I stocked up quick on my tier gear.
>>
>>49436986
Once the max number of dots and mali was raised from 9 to 99, Warlocks were flat out broken good as dd's in raiding.
That was long before Naxx, actually it was around the time when bwl was brand new.
>>
>>49437719
Early on vanilla druids were borderline unfunctional and super-rare, to the point where on most servers the population of druids across both factions was less than the population of Horde-only shamans (who also weren't a particularly popular class). It changed over time, though but they never were nowhere near the numbers of the most popular classes.

Because they were so few in numbers, and because of being very bad and seemingly ingored by the devs, the druid community in those days developed a strong sense of camaraderie. In many pvp servers there was an unspoken rule that a druid should not kill a druid, and if you did, you'd be repeatedly ganked by opposing faction druids if you entered Moonglade.
>>
>>49437757
Warlocks were at their most broken in the final raid tiers of TBC. Where their entire spell rotation was "lol, spam shadowbolt"
>>
>>49437628
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mq8fATQbDOg

This is the conversation someone should have had with a lot of DH.
>>
>>49437947
I remember fighting Shaman over 2h weapons all the time. I often wonder how Blizz fucked up itemization so badly in Vanilla. It's like it was a damn sport to them.
>>
>>49437961
>who needs defences when you can just onehit a rogue with FIVE KAY shadowbolts
>>
>>49438007
Fucking furries needing on my shadowcraft

Worse yet, huntards needing on anything.
>>
>>49438062
I preferred to counter troll on my warrior and need on any gun that passed by as "tank loot." And then sell them ammo at exorbitant prices. After Cataclysm's prepatch I got 30 mails from people telling me to fuck off and die over ammo, because no one else bothered to level engineering on the Alliance side of my server.
>>
>>49438007

Vanilla itemization was hilariously awful.
>>
Anyone here who has given their DH horns and does not use black tattoos is a poser and an illicuck
>>
>>49437961
I played as a 'lock in TBC, and while I personally didn't get to the gear level where that worked, I can confirm that it this is no exageration.

Warlocks specs in TBC all scaled differently, so while you progressed through raids, you would likely switch specs based on your gear. Affliction scaled the worst, but was also the least gear dependant, so good for beginning. Demo scaled extremely well with spellpower (which also boosted your demon's damage), and remained the best choise for most raid,s untill you hit some magical haste and crit rating where you'd crit often enough that destruction (which had many talents that boosted crit damage and increased crit rate) would out-dps demo despite not scaling as well with other stats. When decked out in Sunwell gear and with a shadowpriest in the raid (as they had a spell that increased shadow damage), the damage of a shadowbolt crit was so high that it was a dps loss to cast literally anything else but shadowbolts and hope that you critted a lot.
>>
File: SoulRend.jpg (126KB, 700x563px) Image search: [Google]
SoulRend.jpg
126KB, 700x563px
So, wait, why did being freed from the Lich King's control restore the sapience of a bunch of priorly-mindless corpses? Half of the Forsaken shouldn't even have enough brain left unrotted to think, right?
>>
>>49438288
maybe the soul is doing the thinking.
>>
>>49438149
I originally didn't give my DH horns, since that felt more of Illidan's own thing (no demonhunter we see before Legion, other than Illidan himself, had any horns), but he seemed kind of out of place when seemingly every NPC DH has them. If I'm going to be Slayer Badass of Fuck-The-Legion Mountain, I want to look at least as badass as random mook number 134.
Somewhat annoying that horns on metamorphosis form don't change to match your model (tattoos actually do), so unless you have the not-Illidan horns, your horns spontaneously change shape whenever you pop eyebeams or meta.

I did give him glowing green tats, though, although not the same pattern as Illidan's, since that seemed like a too iconic DH thing not to do. And there's I think 2 or 3 NPC DHs that have tattoos of any other colour.
>>
>>49438062
EVERYTHING is a hunter item
EVERYTHING
>>
>>49438368
Ancient bonebow is rogue gear.
>>
>>49438368
And then a warrior needed an epic gun....
>>
File: leading raids in vanilla.gif (131KB, 1008x571px) Image search: [Google]
leading raids in vanilla.gif
131KB, 1008x571px
>>49436986

>That applies to every non-healy spec of a class that had a healing tree

Not true. Feral and Balance were so utter shit that it was faster to level Resto specced meleeing and casting Moonfire prior to 1.8. The Druid class almost didn't make it into the game, that's how unfinished it was. Compare this to Rogues, who got a revamp right before the game launched, and thus were gods for most of vanilla.

>except maybe shadow priest

No one brought Shadowpriests, they had serious mana issues until BC.Shadow was a leveling tree that did fuckhuge burst in PvP. Ret paladins... Well, it was common knowledge that about a third of the paladin population was 12 or mildly retarded. Its kinda rude to talk bad about the handicapped. Shamans, well Windfury with two-handers hurt.

>If you were a warrior, you tanked

31/5/15 says hi. Warriors were the only 'true' hybrid until Fury took off in AQ40.

>>49438028
But what about eviscerate? Static Damage!
>>
>>49438504
I know a warrior who paid dkp for zinrokh despite having better just to keep it out of filthy nonwarrior hands.
>>
>>49438098
I remember Blizzard thinking Spirit was way better than it actually was and thus included in on everything.

Also needing a weapon that deals frost damage JUST for 1 encounter in AQ-40
>>
>>49438630
>I remember Blizzard thinking Spirit was way better than it actually was and thus included in on everything.
Don't forget Mp5 on everything in BC, and breakpoints for where it outclassed spirit. Oh and ArPen. Sweet, sweet ArPen. Where BiS for Fury is leather gear.
>>
>>49438329
That's all well and good, but to me it kinda bothers me every DH mook's got the mutations.
I kinda head canon mine as an oldschool DH who's all about showing a certain level of restraint
>>
>>49438525
[Spoiler] was it a dwarf or an orc? Because, if so it mightve been me and fuck that hunter who even dared want it [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1456420497272.gif (392KB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456420497272.gif
392KB, 268x300px
>>49438757
>tfw I made our groups warrior infinitely mad by taking the first asscandy drop while I was on my hunter.
>>
>>49438757
Nah, human.
>>
>>49438028
5k? Get that weak shit out of here
By the time I had half my tier 6, I was doing 12k on average.
>>
>>49438368
Had a hunter rage quit my guild when we gave a Molten Core dagger to a rogue instead of her. Core Hound's Tooth, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>49438796
That makes me mad and I didn't play a warrior until Cata.
>>
File: 1459439785452.gif (3MB, 1530x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459439785452.gif
3MB, 1530x1080px
>>49438884
You know what else made me mad? When he was on his hunter and took the tier shoulderpads I needed to finish off my set and he never played his hunter again after that.

I had the graciousness to keep that asscandy on me at all times until I was halfway into BC.
>>
>>49438662
Don't forget all the paladins and shamans wearing dresses to heal because they all had so much better stats for it than plate/mail.
>>
The only classes that were actually finished in Vanilla were Warrior, Rogue and Mage. The rest had glaring design problems that made them useless if you played them a certain way. Hell, some STILL aren't finished or have only just been finished almost 15 years later
>>
new thread

>>49439132
>>49439132
>>49439132
>>
>>49439081
And some like Warlocks got finished and then completely fucking ruined with Legion.
>>
File: 1472872574262.jpg (250KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
1472872574262.jpg
250KB, 600x752px
>>49438288
It's a point of questing in a lot of Forsaken areas that the majority of them are still mindless life-hating corpses animated by unholy magic and residual necromantic plague. It didn't restore sapience, it freed the ones that were needed sapient or whose sapience was preserved so that they would suffer (like the Warchief.)
>>
>>49438932
>palas and druids knicking your priest pajamas
>>
>>49438662

For paladins, it always outclassed spirit.

Because until like, cata, spirit did literally nothing for paladins.
>>
>>49434467
Nigger.
>>
>>49439700
shots fired
>>
>>49439700
She literally has no ass, or bodyfat in general
>>
>>49438630
>Also needing a weapon that deals frost damage JUST for 1 encounter in AQ-40
>tfw having to switch specs to unholy and then put razorice on a two hander to solo him as a DK post-7.0
>>
>>49423925
Reasonable guy, Dranosh Saurfang, have died, and thus the only young Orc hero left was Garrosh.

It's a shame Jorin Deadeye stayed in Outland, for he always knew that Garrosh was an Impotent Leader.
>>
>>49424822
Alternative timelines are highly unstable and needs some serious magic to not disappear after a short while.

Kairozdormu created powerful artifact to make it last long enough, and then they connected it to Dark Portal, and BOOM! Stable pocket alt timeline.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.