[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFG GW licensed Games Tier list

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: gw_productfan.png (558KB, 700x408px) Image search: [Google]
gw_productfan.png
558KB, 700x408px
So, we heard that FFG will lose their GW license.

Seeing how rare (and expensive) some of the older FFG games are on ebay i want to make sure i don't miss out a potentially great game.

Here is their official statement with the list of products that are affected

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-path-forward/

>• Black Crusade
>• Blood Bowl: Team Manager
>• Chaos in the Old World
>• Chaos Marauders
>• Dark Heresy
>• Dark Heresy Second Edition
>• Deathwatch
>• Forbidden Stars
>• Fury of Dracula
>• Only War
>• Relic
>• Rogue Trader
>• Space Hulk: Death Angel
>• Talisman
>• Warhammer: Diskwars
>• Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
>• Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game
>• Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game
>• Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Lets sort them into a simple list:
>Must have
>Ok
>Not worth the money

The only one i already own is Relic without any Addons. I would rate it Ok.
>>
I own CitOW and played it at least four or five times. Plays like a medium-weight euro but manages to be somewhat thematic as well. Four-to-five(expansion)-player asymmetric game. Would recommend, kinda. Theme is a bit dark for certain folk.

Played Fury of Dracula on the hunters' side and enjoyed it. Highly Thematic and stylish. Was out of print for the longest time and will now be again forevermore. So maybe get it, while you can?

Not sure if either is a must have, tough.
>>
>>49418586
Thanks. Chaos in the Old World sounds great actually.

>Fury of Dracula

How is this even GW related?
>>
>>49418239
Blod bowl, CITOW, Forbidden Stars - bretty goot.
Conquest - was meh, but can be bretty goot with more content (or not).
Diskwars - want to try some day.
Rest - literally who tier.
>>
>>49418614
Dis shit is old, mate.
>>
>>49418239

I'm getting my hands on the base set of Talisman, thats the one thing Ill stick to as a Must have. The expansions are also great, but not a necessity in my book.
>>
>>49418614
GW made the original 1st edition back in 1987 and FFG licensed it from them back in 2005.
>>
Only War is the best of the 40k RP games
>>
>>49421715
They all are quite good if you like the artwork/background in the books.
>>
>>49419805
At least an alternate ending expac would be good to have, considering how slow commandspell kills players. Sacred pool is a recommendation.
>>
>>49418239
I have the Death Angel game. I liked it, but I wish the rule book was written better. Sometimes it's not player friendly.
>>
>>49419805
I have Relic and i also own Talisman as the digital pc game with all the expansions.

Relic is so much better. Its not just Talisman in 40k setting, they changed some of the clunky mechanics too.

Talisman is a great game, but if you can only pick up one game, get Relic instead. (Or just get both).
>>
>>49421715
How many books do you need for Only War?
>>
>>49422699
The core is all you really need, but the supplements are nice
>>
>>49422426
I bought it now after the announcement. It's a little gem - I love coop games and this is fucking HARD. But I agree, I had to play it a couple of times before the rules clicked.
>>
So I'm not gonna get CITOW sub 100 anymore am I?
>>
>>49418239
-10 HP
>>
>>49418239
Everything in print right now will continue to ship to distributors until February. If it's OOS now there will be at least one more shipment before it's panic-buy time
>>
I don't know about the rest of that list but when the announcement came Forbidden Stars shot up to be my #1 priority board game buy as soon as I have the funds.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.