[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 41

File: image.jpg (477KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477KB, 811x542px
Remember When The Emperor and Malcador Went Camping In Japan's Suicide Forest of the Damned? I Sure Don't Edition
Overton Bridge Sub-Edition
The last thread was pretty horrible. >>49402450
Red Books Links: https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_%E2%80%93_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub
Strawpoll links: http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447
>>
Repostin'.

>>49411146
Yeah, you're right.

How many Land Raiders and/or Blast Templates is too much? I love Nuncio-vox models and pay for them anyways, even if there are no barrage or deep-striking units in my army, but I can never really find a use for them. I feel like taking a ton of Barrage weapons to make the most out of Ironfire is a dick move though, and I like playing casual games. The same goes for bringing tons of high AV/Flyers too.
>>
>>49411295
>>49411253
>I love Nuncio-vox models and pay for them anyways, even if there are no barrage or deep-striking units in my army, but I can never really find a use for them. I feel like taking a ton of Barrage weapons to make the most out of Ironfire is a dick move though, and I like playing casual games. The same goes for bringing tons of high AV/Flyers too.
Then don't ride the Ironfire, bring the Hammer of Olympia instead.
...errr, for that you'd need Iron Havocs and Tyrants, I guess. But you'd be able to fit those Land Raiders you want.
>>
Yo, check out my Ember Wolves list. Uses the Onslaught Force Org. 3000 points. Obviously not anything I plan on using regularly or without letting my opponents know in advance, but it could be fun for something.

Legio Audax/World Eaters
HQ: Praetor
-Jump Pack
-Artificer Armor
-Iron Halo
-Digital Lasers
-Master Craft a weapon
-Paragon Blade

Troops:
Legion Assault Squad
-20 men
-Chainaxes
-Sergeant: Meteor Hammer

Elites:
Apothecarion
-Apothecary w/ Jump Pack

The Red Butchers
-8 Terminators + Devoured
-Chainfist and Power Fist

Fast Attack
2x Javelin Attack Speeder
-Lascannon
-Multi-melta

Heavy Support
Kharybdis Assault Claw

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought
-Pod
-Cyclonic Melta Lance
-Siege Drill
-Ceramite

Lords of War:
The Primarch Angron
Warhound Titan
-2x Double-barrelled Turbo Laser Destructor

3k on the button. Low in unit count, but titan.
>>
>>49411318
I want to know one thing. How did Havocs start out as an IW thing, and then became the catch all term for treacherous Devastators?
>>
>>49411393
The same way it happened to Chaos Raptors, I guess. Other warbands copied the name and tactics inspired on the original unit. That way all chaos space marines want to have havocs of their own, but they're mere imitations of the original Iron Havocs.
It's just a theory.
>>
>>49411318

IV Legion, White Scars, Imperial Fists, Blood Angels, War Hounds, and Dusk Raiders defend Terra.

Along with a cadre of Thunder Warriors.
>>
>>49411318
I mean, there's nothing wrong with taking barrage weapons and such, it's just that I dunno how much is acceptably enough. I don't want to take too little and have them not really do anything, but I don't want to take too many and have it be annoying.

My problem with Hammer is that it'd require either a Siege Breaker, or a Warsmith. I'm not too terribly fond of the Warsmith Warlord Trait, but the Servo-arm and Battlesmoth is nice. Nothing wrong with the Siege Breaker, but I dunno. Nothing really useful about him either.

The Armoured Breakthrough RoW is actually really close to what I want, though it's a shame that I wouldn't be able to use Vet Squads as troops.

This does not remove my problem of sadly useless Nuncio voxes.
>>
>>49411558
Really, I feel like I'm overthinking everything, and I just don't want to take too much of anything.
>>
>>49411442
I think the Raptor thing started out like this.
>Zso Saahal was Raptor Prime
>Emperor and other Legions see this guy and likes his style and gets him to train marines from the other legions
>His students taught their own legions
>Talon Master remains so base enough even for a warped mind like his papa's to see this guy knows how to use a jump pack
>Heresy
>After the Heresy Raptors became what we know them to be
>Somewhere along the way the Raptor God decided to make Warp Talons a thing
>>
>>49411666
Y'know it's a shame Simon Spurrier has the rights to Saahal because his absence from the Horus Heresy is weird
>>
>>49411491
>Offense
Iron Warriors - Sappers
White Scars - Lightning strike (mounted)
Blood Angels - Lightning strike (jump pack)
Imperial Fists - Lightning strike (teleport)
War Hounds - Infantry Assault
Dusk Raiders - Universal soldiers

>Defense
Imperial Fists - Castellans
Iron Warriors - Rolling thunder
WS - none
BA - none
WH - none
Dusk Raiders - Sternguard Veterans

Kinda lopsided Generator anon, are your there?

>>49411558
>>49411622
Rapiers are the best source of MEQ-killer templates, more efficient than Medusae points-wise. Never bring 12.
The Warsmith is risky to use, and Phosphex rapiers need a Siege Breaker anyway. I really don't know what to say.
>>
>>49411700
The Talon Master is there in spirit. He will always be there in spirit. Or, you know, asleep because that guy can sleep.
>>
>>49411726
See, but Phosphex in any incarnation seems pretty That Guy-ish to me. I dunno what to say either, mate.
>>
>>49411791
Why? It looks tame to me.
>>
>>49411838
I dunno. Something about it just feels unfriendly to me.
>>
>>49411726

Change War Hounds and Dusk Raiders to World Eaters and Death Guard then reset the scenario.
>>
>>49411791
How about Scorpius Whirlwinds? Or lots of Thudd rapiers. Those two and the 0-1 artillery options are pretty much all the barrage weapons you have. And they don't need a Siege Breaker.
Dunno, you could put the Warsmith inside the Land Raider, repair it from the inside on a 4+, while also bringing Thallax, Castellax or Vorax.
>>
>>49411933

>tfw the techmarines made us dismantle our custom quad darkfire cannon rapier
>>
Revised my list. How's it look now?

Imperial Fists Legion

3,000 / 3,000

HQ (1)

(180 pts)
Legion Praetor - Rite of War: The Stone Gauntlet
>Plasma Pistol
>Paragon Blade
>Iron Halo
>Digital Lasers

Elites (3)

(280 pts)
Legion Terminator Squad
>Iliastus Assault Cannon
>4x Vigil Storm Shields
>2x Chainfists
>2x Lightning Claws
>1x Power Sword

(90 pts)
Apothercarion Detachment
1x Apothecary
1x Apothecary

(415 pts)
Templar Brethren
>5x Combat Shields
>Legion Vexilla
>Solarite Power Gauntlet
Land Raider Proteus

Troops (3)

(435 pts)
Legion Breacher Siege Squad
>20 Breachers
>Legion Vexilla
>4x Graviton Guns
>Power Fist
>Artificer Armour
>Melta Bombs
>Nuncio Vox

(425 pts)
Legion Breacher Siege Squad
>20 Breachers
>Legion Vexilla
>4x Melta Guns
>Power Weapon
>Artificer Armour
>Nuncio Vox

(230 pts)
Legion Tactical Squad
>Legion Vexilla
>Combi-Plasma
>Artificer Armour
Legion Rhino w/ Dozer Blade & Extra Armour

Heavy Support (2)

(265 pts)
Legion Heavy Support Squad
>5x Lascannons
>Augury Scanner

(310 pts)
Legion Artillery Tank Squadron
1x Legion Medusa
1x Legion Medusa

Lord of War (1)

(370 pts)
Legion Typhon Heavy Support Tank
>Armoured Ceramite
>>
>>49411990

Aren't those reverse engineered dark lances?
>>
>>49411933
I dunno. The Scorpius just looks meh to me, but regular Thudd Guns don't seem too bad. A shame their operators are wearing MkIV, but I can't change that, unfortunately.

I guess I'll just write up a couple lists, post them , and see if they're any good or not.
>>
File: do you even phosphex.jpg (734KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
do you even phosphex.jpg
734KB, 750x1334px
>>49411892
>Change War Hounds and Dusk Raiders to World Eaters and Death Guard
The World Eaters kind of kept doing the same thing they were doing as War Hounds but increased the intensity. But their RoWs are tailor-made to clear fortifications.

The DG began to use even heavier infantry, so they could be using Teleport Attack due to their terminator armour, as well as lots of chem attacks.
>Typhon teleports on the backfield
>Calls a chemical bombardment right on top of his position, bathing friend and foe in Z's toxic chemicals.
>Gives zero fucks.
>The few survivors left can't score due to his WT.
>Casts invisibility on his unit so the artillery can suck chem-dicks.
> " N o t h i n g . p e r s o n a l , k i d "

But about the Death Guard, say, how would you call a force that serves as the Anvil?
>>
>>49412143
>how would you call a force that serves as the Anvil

Expendable.
>>
>>49412143

Pict capture of Captain Typhon prior to engaging the Warmaster's vanguard companies during the Siege of Terra.
>>
>>49412143

It's an iron cage made of artillery, armor and beep boops, speed and attack bikes, walls and bolter drills, jump pack assaults, unlimited chainaxe works, and WMDs and toughness.
>>
What bolter looks best on what armor mark?
>>
>>49412343

Phobos + MKII for the classic combo.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 603x506px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 603x506px
How would one recreate the color of the eyepiece on him?
>>
>>49412446
Probably just paint a regular red eye lens and give it a layer of Tamiya Clear Red for that rich, deep glossy look.
>>
>>49412485
Would that be possible with GW paints? Also, what colors would you recommend?
>>
>>49412173
If you hold position among some ruins, and not proper trenches or fortifications, is that still a defensive siege?
>>
File: 1471931570542.gif (2MB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
1471931570542.gif
2MB, 250x380px
Last game my Lernaean terminators once again lived through ridiculeous amounts of firepower thrown their way. Before the last of them fell down in turn 4 or 5, a Glaive, demolisher vindicator, kheres contemptor-mortis, leviathan, combi-plasma terminators, and one or two Terror squads shoot them at least twice and in the case of the leviathan also charge them. Despite only killing 3 Raptors from across the board with their conversion beamers and the leviathan after it charged them, and failing every attempt to charge, my Lernaean soaked such an impossible amount of firepower that the rest of my army could return the hurt almost unmolested.
Alpharius must be proud
>>
Where can I find the last son of dorn?
>>
>>49412713
How were they equipped? They are pretty much regular +1WS Cataphractii termies, how could they resist so much?
>>
>>49412782
Very simple : during the whole game they only failed 10 invulnerable saves.

8 with powerfist, random dude with chainfist, 2 conversion beamers, chainfist powerdagger for the sergant
>>
>>49412654
>Tamiya Clear Red
>GW paints

Nah, bruh. If you really can't get your hands on that good Tamiya shit, I'd imagine you can use watered-down Blood for the Blood God, but don't quote me on that.

Failing that, I'd use a Khorne Red base with a layer of Wazdakka Red and a Bloodletter Red glaze, or something along those lines.
>>
>>49412914
Meh, I just want to be able to order everything at once.

And not have to pay for shipping.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 800x680px
MkII a best.

Also, why is the Herald just so useless?
>>
Does anyone have a link to Angles Of Caliban to share?
>>
I just realized that the IW upgrade heads only have four skull masks, and I need five.

Sigh. Looks like I'll just buy two and see if I can ebay the remains.
>>
>>49413006
>roman-themed raven guard instead of sneaky spec ops in Mk.IV and VI

I dunno if I like this
>>
>>49413376
The fag who keeps posting the new thread always forget the BL links in the OP

I miss them too
>>
>>49413558
what BL links?
>>
>>49413522
And now you know why Corax sent of so much of his legion into the unknown reaches. They weren't bad, just not right.
>>
File: NLteaser.jpg (272KB, 900x668px) Image search: [Google]
NLteaser.jpg
272KB, 900x668px
>>49413006
I've used the Traitor Herald and it seemed to work fine for me. although I only used it in one game so far.
>>
How's this for my first list?

Iron Warriors Pride of the Legion

HQ
-Legion Praetor, 100
+Catphractii Terminator Armor, 35
+Master Crafted Paragon Blade, 35
+Volkite Charger, 7
+Iron Halo, 10
+Digital Lasers, 15
Total, 202

Terminator Bodyguard Command Squad, 120
+Terminator Chosen, 30
+Power Fists, 20
Total, 170

Troops
-2xLegion Veteran Squad, 100 (200)
+5 Legion Veterans, 60 (120)
+Nuncio Vox, 10 (20)
+Sergeant Artificer Armor, 10 (20)
+Marksman Tactics, free
Total, 180) (360)

Heavy Support
-Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron, 540 (3 Land Raider Proteus)
+Hull Mounted TW Heavy Bolter with Shrapnel Bolts, 60
+Dozer Blade, 15
+Auxiliary Drive, 30
+Extra Armor, 15
+Squadron Command Tank, 35
Total, 695

Complete Total, 1427 points
>>
>>49413823
b-but you aren't using the Nuncio Vox.
>>
>>49413707
To be fair the traitor Herald is probably the best, WS5 is ok but it'd be better if it was just a flat +1WS with no cap.
>>
>>49413858
I know.

But I love them.

Plz help.
>>
>>49413867
>flat +1WS with no cap.
>Loyal WE Praetor becomes WS8 on a challenge
>Regular sgt scrub still hits him on a 4+
The melee To Hit table needs to be reworked.
>>
File: DSC_0008.jpg (237KB, 2048x3072px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0008.jpg
237KB, 2048x3072px
>>49413867
So after looking at the points and what you get for the herald, I think I'm going to take a chaplain from now on. He gets to reroll everything, doesn't give the opponent a victory point, and comes with a crozarius. There's really no reason to take a herald looking at it now.
>>
>>49413858
The list would be fighting at 1500 anyways, so there's no real difference, I guess? Unless anon plays at a weird poinrs value.
>>
>>49414012
With 93pts he could buy some combi-weapons to deal with AP2 or vehicles.
>>
>>49413943
Well the traitor Herald helps a bunch of units get into combat and the chap helps a single unit do better, they're both good.

Other heralds suck though.
>>
Holy shit I just realized Solar Auxilia Household Retinues are fucking dope.

>WS 4
>WS 5 when they're in base-to-base contact with each other
>S4 AP2 with 3 attacks on the charge, Prime gets 4
>Preferred Enemy (Infantry) while their Lord Marshall is alive
>can buy defensive grenades and force enemies to take an Ld test to charge them
>Medicae Orderlies can give them 5+ FNP
>can get in a Stormlord, ride up and smack someone
>will mulch a 20 man tac squad with only 10 dudes (14.1 kills vs .778 kills)
>>
File: Household retinue.png (41KB, 1144x231px) Image search: [Google]
Household retinue.png
41KB, 1144x231px
>>49414129
You just did? It was written on 1d4chan years ago
>>
>>49414053
I could buy some, but the actual combi weapons packs only have five of each part, unfortunately, and I like to build my models as close to WYSIWYG.

>>49413823
Anyways, how would you guys rate this list?
>>
>>49414159
For some reason I never saw the "Close Formation Fighting" rule that gave them WS5, nor the preferred enemy thing.
>>
>>49414209
Maybe you should turn to ebay or something. Also, 5 combis may be enough.
>>
>>49414297
True enough.

But then I wouldn't be able to run them as a different unit if I made a different list and ran them as tacticals.
>>
>>49412713

If Alpharius had brought his Lernaeans with him, he wouldn't have gotten himself Dorn'd.
>>
>>49414374
He did have them though. They fought with Dorns huscarls.
>>
>>49413376
>>49413558

Those files are always behind though. I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have anything newer then Betrayer in there.

Fortunately, I have my own comprehensive library.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t2bhcwfls43pe1j/Angels_of_Caliban_gav_thorpe.epub
>>
>>49414414
Funny that in Flight of the Eisenstein, the Death Guard call their most trusted serfs huscarls.
>>
>>49414496
Death Guard serfs > Dorn's Guard > Alpharius
Get rekt ALbois
>>
File: 1474257685706.jpg (347KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1474257685706.jpg
347KB, 960x1280px
What generic units are fluffy for EC?

Im running contemptor talons, a squad of lascannons, and a few plasma support teams, as well as big tac blobs
>>
>>49414898
Weren't they big users of fast attack options, like land speeders, jetbikes, and outrider squads? Failing that, squadrons of Predators seems like a very Emperor's Children-type choice.
>>
>>49414490
Do you have son of dorn?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1877x905px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1877x905px
Anons please help, I cannot into Ironfire, have this as payment.
>>
>>49415060

Not 30k, sorry.
>>
>>49414898
Javelins are pretty decent now, and fast attack is pretty EC in general. Jetbikes aren't just for the Khans yannow.
>>
Anyone know how permissive FW is to kit substitution requests?

Specifically, I want to run my predators with either magna meltas or plasma cannons, but all with lascannon sponsons. Since all the kits come with 2 turret options anyway, would I be able to request which I want?
>>
>>49415133
No. They're too big to do substitutions. But the plasma predator comes with lascannon and heavy bolter sponsons so just use those. They also come with a conversion beamer option.

(The magna melta/flamestorm model only comes with heavy bolter and heavy flamer sponsons.)
>>
>>49415288
Fuck. I guess ill just butcher the conversion beamers to make meltas
>>
>>49415303
Or get the FW plasma pred and chinaman the magna melta.
>>
Im mixing calth parts with the blood angel tactical box and theres nothing you can do to stop me
>>
>>49415626
I'm not going to play you and there's nothing you can do to stop me
>>
>>49415653
I can kidnap you and chain you in my underground game dungeon and force you to fight against my dubiously fluffy army
>>
>>49415626
We won't, but keep it subtle compared to 40k - they didn't have any reason to go nuts with the blood drops and wings until after Sanguinius's demise.
>>
>>49415687
Im going to be using them as veterans anyway, the regular tacs will consist of the new plastic MK 3's. Also planning to runt hem with custodes allies.
>>
>>49411393
Dilution of power, everyone has possessed now, everyone has raptors now. Probably imperial designation as they wreck terror from afar.

After all couldn't have BS5 VoLW havocs in 40k

Also obliterators are every warband because it's a virus that causes a marine to become an obliterator and so that virus spreads throughout the winds of the warp
>>
>>49411558
If you're playing iron warriors go for Kyr vhalen, he's cheaper than a vanilla dude with his stuff would be and better, that bets you your warsmith, now just decide on troops for HoO
>>
>>49411558
Iron warriors are siege legion so you're 'this guy' not 'that guy' for bringing siege equipment
3 basilisks and a vindicator or two will do you just fine
>>
>>49411889
>>49411838
>>49411791
Brother this is a time of war, cast aside advances in ethics, foul heretics should be burned at the stake and phosphex lets us do that, if you're taking just one artillery battery then it can't harm that much unless your opponent was an idiot and has no deepstrikers
>>
>>49412446
>tfw we not only got gold stars for surviving the decimation but also skull medallions instead of aquillas
FOR THE HAMMER
>>
>>49413485
>eBay the remains
Do you not want to create a bitz box that even slaanesh would think was excessive
>>
>>49411558
>it's just that I dunno how much is acceptably enough
Quad mortars are the problem; they're undercosted. If you bring more than a few, you're kinda That Guy. Typhons used to be worse but they got a price hike. Vindicators, Medusas, and Basilisks are fine.
>>
>>49415653

MkVII Blood Angels are acceptable in the fluff.
>>
>>49415687

>they didn't have any reason to go nuts with the blood drops and wings until after Sanguinius's demise
>>
>>49415887
Dammit!

What would they be sad about? Why the skulls?
>>
>>49415929

I guess we'll find out in about a billion years when FW gets round to doing them, but there's already stuff in the fluff about BA leaving a handful of brothers to sit around and lament geddit? on planets where they've had big battles, and their second RoW is about self-sacrifice and all that jazz, so I think the implication is that they had the tendency towards the tragic before Sanguinius got ganked.
>>
>>49415929
you do realise they didnt have those motifs because they were sad.... it's because they were pretty...
>>
>>49415985
>>49416002

They are called Blood Angels as well, I think the blood drops and angel's wings have been a thing from the get-go.

What I'm curious about is what the Terran BA were like and what they were called before they found Sanguinius. It's a bit of a stretch to assume that they were already called Blood Angels, and then, by sheer coincidence, their primarch turned out to be Blood-ius, the literal angel, whose blood they drink in the process of becoming space marines.
>>
>>49416119

The Pre-Primarch Legion was unofficially known as the 'Hell Riders' apparently.
>>
File: WWHH_BALegion.jpg (524KB, 1140x803px) Image search: [Google]
WWHH_BALegion.jpg
524KB, 1140x803px
>>49415887
>>49415929
>>49415985
>>49416002
There's a hint that IXth had issues with implantation process, issues that had never been resolved, only mitigated by the finding of Sanguinius and introduction of blood transfer practices.
It was still the second most aggressive gene-seed (VIth being the most), perhaps due to the primarch's nature, so many recruits either died in the process or went mad and the Sanguinary Cult was established instead of Apothecarion, though we have yet to learn the full story.

>>49416119
>>49416152
Only the first chapter, image is from FW open day or something.
>>
>>49416152

Suggestive that they might have preferred bikes to jump packs before they met their primarch.

>>49416171

True. Clearly there were pre-Baal BA, but perhaps they were limited in numbers due to implantation difficulties. Those sorts of issues might play into their whole weeping and morbid side, though they obviously sorted them enough to become a decently sized legion by the time of the heresy.
>>
>>49415687
> no reason
> alpha legion put hydras on everything
> iron hands put iron hands on everything
> space/luna wolves put wolves on everything
> they're literally called the blood angels
>>
File: 734376.jpg (25KB, 217x203px) Image search: [Google]
734376.jpg
25KB, 217x203px
Since Anvillus drop pod has clearly defined dreadnought types which it may transport, should I shell my money and points out of my ass for a Kharybdis if I want to deep strike a Mhara Gal?
It is Contemptor-sized, but isn't a Contemptor.
>>
>>49416516
id use a proxy and play a game with it before you buy
see how rules retarded your LGS is and how effective it is before investing
>>
>>49416542
Eh... I have faith in both units fulfilling their roles, they are both nice models to paint and Kharybdis can be reassigned at any time. The only thing I'm concerned about is that the two combined are quite points-intensive.
There's no LGS to speak of, at least not for 30k.
>>
>>49416623
id email FW and see what they have to say about it, post their reply on here if you can
in an official tournament they might get iffy about vague rules, but in any other game people will probably be ok with it
>>
>>49416119
Fear to tread mentions how the terrans didn't really have blood rituals apart from the usual marine stuff, but when they mixed with the baals they went along with it easily
>>49415867
If you want to play siege marines then I expect half the army to be unofficial mk5, rust and weathering in excess, bolters drilled ETC ETC
or just make parade ground BA and no one bats an eye
>>49413921
The armour save table also needs to be reworked so power armour sans pariah gear actually works differently
>>
>>49416623
>>49416542
>>49416686
I'm looking to include it in a take all comers Alpha Legion asshole list at about 2-2500points alongside anything I can (or must) include from the following:
Autillon Skorr
Land Raider Proteus (w/ EA Array, probably carrying Seekers)
Sicaran Venator
Vindicator Demolisher
Land Speeders, either kind
3 mandatory Tactical Squads in Rhino w/Multi-melta
The rest of the points, if any, will go towards something that catches my eye next. I know I have no AA above, but if all goes well, whatever Aircraft arrives late in the game will have very little effect.

>>49416686
I consider Mhara Gal not-Contemptor because of the daemonic vibes it has, even though it is of similar size. It can be handwaved as requiring additional space for psychic wards and chains to keep it from tearing apart the drop pod.
As for the vagueness, the rules seem pretty clear, it the rules' model that confuses me.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 337x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 337x449px
So are they MKIII or MKIII?
>>
>>49416915
I think III. Look at the dude aimed the bolter on the left, you can see he's got trim on his wristguard which Mk II doesn't have.
>>
>>49416915
>So are they MKIII or MKIII?
I think they are MKIII but they could be MKIII with a chance of some of them being MKIII
>>
>>49416915
>>49416932
Shoulder pads seem to be a mix of MKII and MKIII, but it would be nothing new for GW as there are MKIII shoulder pads in BaC.
But the leftmost guy's right hand seems to have a MKIII gauntlet.
All in all, the image resolution is just shitty enough to make any guesswork impossible yet enough to make our dicks erect.
Seriously, 337x449, it's 016.M3 damn it. Even if cropped, it reeks of GW "insider".
>>
>>49416974
Yeah, this is gonna keep me wanting and annoyed until November or an early leak of the magazine.
>>
>>49416987
White Dwarf is a summery of last month's releases. so you only need to wait to next month...
>>
looking for help

I have approx 3k of Alpha legion that are pretty well rounded and running CoH with knight support and a smattering of 1k mechanicum. But now i have some spare units that won't be used, and i am looking to get into a second legion

The units i have are

assault marines
two deimos rhinos
the delegatus limited edition model
company champion
approximately 15 MK II marines
mortis contemptor
enough spares of CC weapons and ranged to build a variety of HW or support squads

I also have five NL torsos (gift) and a NL contemptor (also a gift) as well as 30 DA marines (old school painted in black with red hoods) So i immediately leaned towards these legions, or i could get WB to start using my 2k daemons in HH.

Or should i wait for Thousand sons?

Help me HHG
>>
>>49417031
It says November on the cover. We are currently on the September issue.
>>
>>49417062
yeah but the actual bloody box is gonna release in October...
>>
>>49416516
Can they not take a regular Dreadnought Drop Pod? Seems a bit silly if they couldn't, but then it wouldn't entirely surprise me.
>>
>>49417080
I will give them one more week for Jeanstealers release, but I want BoP up for preorder by 8th October. Or else.
>>
>>49417080
Oh right. I'm still stuck in the weekly WD mindset.
>>
>>49417092
No, Dreadnought Drop Pod may only be taken through a Dedicated Transport option in unit entry, Mhara Gal lacks it.
It's not surprising really. The unit isn't really stellar because of the said lack of options, with easily taken drop pod it would be a bit too strong, as it's WS6 I5 with melee attacks forcing rerolls against successful Invul saves. I can see it easily taking down Leviathan if it gets the charge, and able to take out a Knight with some luck. In Zone Mortalis, on the other hand, the thing is rape manifest.
>>
File: ZoomAndEnhance.jpg (508KB, 759x1011px) Image search: [Google]
ZoomAndEnhance.jpg
508KB, 759x1011px
>>49416974

If you blow it up you can make things out a little more easily (though in shitty quality). Correcting the distortion makes it pretty clear that the guys in the back are on 32mm, I think they're just SW in MkIII. Where I've circled their legs I reckon you can make out MkIII greaves, and on the TS just above 'OF' you can just about see the additional plate either side of his leg. The two shoulder pads I've circled look like they have the additional bit from MkIII too.
>>
>>49417139
Yeah, that makes the most sense.
>>
>>49417139
Thanks for the effort, but let's just enjoy the wait. Frankly, I don't care which one of the two marks is it because I'll take any of them. It's almost certain that it's mkIII, which is why I'll buy mkII from resin.
I only hope this set comes with additional weapons and other bits as the former did.
>>
>>49417193

>let's just enjoy the wait

No. Also, no assault marines. I'm going to have to buy a load of expensive and difficult to work with resin. Playing BA is suffering.
>>
You think Blood Angels will get special termies besides their special Assault marines? Due to Space Hulk, not really because they do ZM.
They did lose a chapter to a single Hulk.
>>
File: image.png (31KB, 347x40px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31KB, 347x40px
>>49417354
Almost the whole chapter. Genestealers, Anon, were once tougher than nails. Certainly tougher than those little manlet nails that a certain manlet hammered into his legion's brains because reasons.
>>
>>49417406
I don't like where this is going, and it's not the WE's fault the BA were simply born perfect. WE do more attacks, BA hit stronger.
Well, now WE hits as hard as Heavy bolters too, because chainaxes :^)
>>
>>49417484
I'm too tired to care about WE feelings. Genestealers > Axes. Come talk to me when your axes become the natural enemy of the Terminator.
>>
File: squint3.jpg (103KB, 591x321px) Image search: [Google]
squint3.jpg
103KB, 591x321px
>>49416915
are all the custodians holding different weapons or is it just the sword guy and the standard guy with different shit?
glasses are being repaired so I cant see shit
>>
>>49416152
Hell Riders to Blood Angels, shit they sound like a biker gang went through a leadership change.
>>
>>49417220
conversions fool
get a BaC box and buy some GW jump packs, with a bit of cutting up and green stuff you can get two crusade jump packs for every 40k one
>>
>>49417543

>implying I want to waste the rest of my adult life making 40+ jump packs that are the wrong size and attaching them to marines in squatting poses
>>
>>49417528

He's maybe that mohawk special character and his command squad.

This is mostly about Space Wolves with five custodes
>>
What does 0-1 mean anyways? You can only take 1 on the Force Org chart? No mixing?
>>
>>49417836
Yep.
>>
>>49417852
>being able to answer that without being a sarcastic fuckhead
You are a better man than I, anon.
>>
>>49417852
Ah, thanks mate.

Trying to come up with an Ironfire list that wouldn't be unfun to play against. I'm thinking a single unit of Medusas, or some Quad Mortars. Dunno how many to bring of either though.
>>
have they released Sangs stats yet?
>>
>>49414129
They would still need to spend a turn outside in the open after disembarking the Stormlord as it only counts as open-topped for the purpose of firing out of it.
>>
>>49418195
No.
>>
>>49418198
No, stormlord counts as open topped for embarking and disembarking, at least it says that in the red book entry.
>>
>>49417540
So, Hell Riders, Blood Angels, White Scars and Black Comets. The Biker Astartes prepare for War.
>>
>>49418223
Ah, I'm going off of 40k knowledge, some Magos must have accidentally modified the STC so that the guard rails are too high.
>>
>>49417512
>Come talk to me when your axes become the natural enemy of the Terminator.
So, Red Butchers 5 hatred power axe attacks rerolling ones to wound per termie, while they get FnP and the sarge gets IWND for his 2W?
>>
>>49418024
How about mortars and a Scorpius?
The combination looks fun and not OP.
>>
>>49418335
Hmmm... You might be right anon, but I'm starting to think Ironfire just isn't for me, even if I love the concept.
>>
>>49418380
The concept itself is dumb: accurate barrages making you Fearless.
Why do I want to be Fearless if I'm going to win anyways :^) ?
>>
If I upgrade an earth shaker cannon to a medusa w/ breacher shells, can I still use the earth shaker shells or just the medusa + breacher shells?
>>
>>49418583
One or the other I'm afraid, realistically you're swapping out the entire gun, all that stays the same is the carriage.
>>
>>49418583
Anon, those are different vehicles.
Also, no: the Legion Medusa swaps regular Shells for Phosphex Shells, losing access to the first one.
However, Reductor Medusae come with both ammo types standard (and cheaper)
Unless this is about Militia, which I know little to no shit about
>>
File: Screenshot_20160919-154121.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160919-154121.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Can anyone seeker Strike leader take a Combi-Weapon? RAW says no but that seems a bit silly.
>>
>>49418805
>Can anyone seeker
Can a seeker
>>
>>49418805
It says any Seeker can take a combi-weapon so I'd say yes.
>>
>>49418843
I would say that only the normal marines can take the combi weapons as Seeker Space Marines are defined above as the guys you can buy more of.

It seems strange, but no stranger than IG sergeants being unable to take lasguns.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160919-154935.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160919-154935.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>49418843
The unit type/name is different though. I'm leaning towards Combi-Weapons for everyone but would any that guys attempt to argue this ?
>>
>>49418875
>>49418805
Apologies for the massive screenshots btw, I'm on my phone so can't easily help it.
>>
>>49418875
I'm>>49418864
And no, it seems pretty clear that only the rank and file can take combi-weapons.
>>
>>49418931
That's what I feared, oh well.
>>
>>49418811
Can?
>>
>>49417220
>Not buying B@C, getting Chainsword bitz and Sanuguinary guard/ mk4 jump packs
you do understand this is a life long hobby and you're not meant to have a complete army within a week
>>
>>49418931
I always thought all marines in the squad were considered Seekers, and the sgt had access to both normal Seeker options as well as Sgt exclusive choices.
>>
>>49419068
you do understand this is a life long hobby and you're not meant to have a complete army
>>
Does anyone know a word to mean a unit specializes in destroying armoured vehicles, but without employing the words "Tank", "machine", "Hunters", "killer" or "Destroyer"?
>>
>>49418195
Yes, I use his rules for my Ka'banda proxy
>>
>>49419088
Well it was complete but then the next week GW released a new codex with ten new units
>>
>>49419134
Bane of armours
>>
>>49419166
That's a big rule
>>
>>49419134
>>49419134
Breaker of metal
Opener of cans
Wrencher of iron
Decimator of iron
Breaker of boxes
Stamper of steel
>>
>>49419184
>>
File: image.gif (595KB, 157x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
595KB, 157x195px
>>49419184
Wewee
>>
>>49419077
That would be like considering a Guardsman Sergeant as a Guardsman, and therefore able to take a lasgun.

Characters have separate wargear to those they lead
>>
>>49419291
That sergeant would have the option of swapping his lasgun for a special weapon, only that He doesnt have a lasgun to exchange
>>
>>49419134
"Rust" or, more appropriately, Scoria.
>>
>>49419185

> Breaker of Bawkses,

Carron's favorite unit
>>
>>49419068

Just a few problems:

>10 BaCticals - £22.50 or so
>2 sets of FW MkIV power weapon arms - £42
>10 Sanguinary Guard backpacks - £25+
>Total - £89.50+

At that price I'd be better off buying FW assault marines, as 10 of those would only set me back £70, and they wouldn't all be in squatting poses that don't suit them at all. I'd even have enough left over to buy some power weapon bits or a character model.
>>
Any neat ways of making seekers look unique? I'm thinking of buying a bunch of helmets with eye pieces and targeters on but I'm worried this might not be enough. They are getting the seeker bolters too.
>>
>>49419969
Umbra Ferrox pattern Bolters. Its how I'm doing it. The eyepiece idea is really good though if you cna get a lot of them
>>
>>49419565
Hallowed be His name.
>>
>>49419291
Iron havoc sergeant have the same loadout as their squaddies
>>
>>49419572
Good someone got at least one of the jokes
>>
>>49420238
as do Heavy Support Squad Sergeants, but that's not the case for all squads.
>>
I wish Terminator armored Command Squads could take a LR Proteus as a dedicated transport.
>>
>>49416470
I just like it when the legions are a little different from in 40k. At least by degrees. I think it would’ve been more interesting if 30k BA weren’t the sad legion the way they are in 40k, even if it’s for different reasons.

Changing topics for a sec... how many transport spots do bikes occupy in a Thunderhawk? 3? It doesn't look like you can take a Stormbird in a 3000pt army so I was wondering how else to do a White Scars army like in the novels (where they mostly use Stormbirds in their space station invasions).
>>
>>49418024
Just go easy on the quad mortars and you'll be fine.
>>
>>49418875
The sergant can't have a combi-weapon. But that is hardly a problem as Seekers don't really need combi's anymore now that Scorpius rounds have become rather nasty. Unless you're bad at placement and baiting in units of infantery that is.
>>
>>49420540
In the BRB:
SPECIAL RULES
Bikes and Jetbikes have the Hammer of Wrath, Jink, Relentless and Very Bulky special rules.

The text for the Sokar is as follows:
Bikes* and Jetbikes*
*Counting as Extremely Bulky models

For the Thunderhawk it does mention bikes, but no status (Bulky, Very Bulky, etc).

To be on the safe side, I'd go for Very Bulky, as they have that from the BRB.

Very Bulky models count as 3 models.
>>
>>49417608
There:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Jump-Packs

Problem solved.

>inb4 "waah, those are 40k jamp pecks"

GW thought they were around during HH, as seen on these Epic minis from the time the game was set during HH.
>>
>>49420273
I did get a sensible chuckle out of it, but didn't feel like going through Captcha to post "kek"
>>
>>49421121
>I don't believe in retcons
FTFY
>>
File: 1.jpg (160KB, 470x550px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
160KB, 470x550px
>gee, what's on the FW bulletin today
A shirt, and a mug. Quite a nice design, I guess, and probably obscure enough iconography that you can hide your power level wearing it. Available at some open day in Amsterdam, then at warhammer world, because of their baffling refusal to sell this stuff to yanks or whoever.
>>
>>49421121
Those are adorable.
>>
File: 2.jpg (121KB, 470x310px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
121KB, 470x310px
And the mug.
>>
>>49421309
>I can't do anything unless Forge World lets me

FTFY

You have decades of HH art, fluff and shit to pick and choose from, and you ignore it all because daddy didn't give you permission? Fucking hell, man... I'm perfectly fine with my MkVI assault marines with Mark 7 jump packs and I can pull out official material to support it when kids get spergy about "muh effort".
>>
>>49421403
>I can pull out official material to support it
Like those no-neck WE assault marines whose bodies are made 70% out of legs?
>>
>>49421491
If you want. It's up to you.
>>
>>49421377
There's a guy at my work who sometimes wears an imperial Fists the shirt on Fridays. I think I might join him because that t-shirt is okay looking.
>>
>>49419134
It’s tough, because those are all the words that anti-tank/anti-armor units have historically used. The Germans popularized “tank hunter”, American forces usually used “tank destroyer”, and I think “tank killer” is taken from an unofficial Russian term. You can also go for some variant of beast-tamer, I guess.
>>
>>49420713
Wait… the Stormbird rules say bikes are Extremely Bulky (four spaces, iirc) but the BRB says bikes are only Very Bulky (3 spaces)?
>>
>>49422025
Literally what it says in the book.
Copy/pasted strait from the epub.

It would be understandable if that were for the Jetbikes, as they're quite a bit larger than a bike, but it's odd that they pull the bikes into that ruling as well.

Extremely Bulky:
Extremely Bulky models instead count as five models.

So it's an even bigger nerf than you think it is.
>>
>>49422025
Codex trumps rulebook.
>>
What's the best bolter pattern for Blood Angel mk IV?

I'm thinking Tigrus.
>>
>>49422094
Honestly, is anyone going to use a stormbird to move something as fast as a bike squad anyway?
>>
>>49422179
MK4 works with Tigrus and Umbra. I do that, Umbra/Phobos for MK5, and Phobos for Mk2/3.
>>
>>49421979
I wanted to differentiate them from killers of Superheavies/Gargantuan/Monstrous creatures. But now I know the origin of the terms you mentioned, thanks.
>>
>>49421669
Then you should wear a Iron Warriors shirt on fridays.

And fist-fight him after work. Iron within !
>>
>>49422223
>Honestly, is anyone going to use a stormbird to move something as fast as a bike squad anyway?

If it is mandated that you can't bring something unless it's riding on an aircraft at the start of the game... You bet you would.
There are some restrictive RoWs that would make that more likely to be used.
>>
>>49422256
A lot of the time that only applies to infantry, but I suppose angels wrath and orbital assault do apply to everyone.
>>
>>49422102
The problem is that the Thunderhawk entry doesn't specify anything new, so I'd assume that you turn to the BRB for bike bulkiness if you're putting them in a T-hawk.

The Stormbird then says that they're extremely bulky. I suspect that they only meant for that to apply to jetbikes, but at the moment it does apply to bikes. But does it only apply to the Stormbird entry?

Who do I submit this question to?
>>
File: 1474072617070.jpg (470KB, 1280x1529px) Image search: [Google]
1474072617070.jpg
470KB, 1280x1529px
>>49422252
Ill tell him I'll meet him in the car park after work then when he gets there there's just a bunch of inward facing machine gun emplacements and razor wire.
>>
>>49422223
I was just trying to come up with a fluffy list - everything transported in Stormbirds and Thunderhawk Transporters, like in the novels.
>>
>>49422331
Given that it's literally an Asterisk marked on bikes and jetbikes for the Sokar only, I imagine it only applies to them in the case of getting transported by a Sokar.

The Thunderhawk lists nothing special, which means you fall back on the BRB.

As for who you can ask this, I imagine Forgeworlds service desk is the place to go.
>>
>>49422359
Which is a great reason to build a list, perhaps even the best reason.
>>
Support squads - volkite or plasma? I was thinking of using calivers as a sort of impromptu hvy support squad. But plasma will let me cut up termies a lot easier.
>>
>>49422600
depends on what you want, as they do very different things. Plasma support squads make an enemy unit or themselves evaporate in a hot blaze of glory, volkite calivers sit in the back and dish out a dependable amount of wounds each turn.
>>
>>49422600
>>49422796
Perhaps we should use the method used by ancient /hhg/s for millennia.
>>
>>49422910
Decimation?
>>
>>49422913

no. Dubs
>>
>>49422913
The one where the post number that ends in consecutive digits is favoured above all others.
>>
>>49412446
I use Mephiston Red, Evil Sunz Scarlet, Wild Rider Red and Blood for the Bloodgod. You could probably also use glossy medium over the red.
>>
>>49422929
>>49422940
But anon already got dubs when the question was asked. The probability of someone getting dubs in reply, well, it's a statistical impossibility.
>>
>>49423068
Ooh, do you have any pics?
>>
>>49422331
>does it only apply to the Stormbird entry?

Yes. It's in the Stormbird's rules, so it only applies to it. Just like Ogryn heavy bolters are 18" Assault 3 while everyone else gets 36" Heavy 3 heavy bolters.
>>
>>49422353
Classic Perty.
>>
>>49423177
Awesome. I bet they only meant the asterisk to apply to jetbikes, since they aren't given a bulkiness rating in the 40k rulebook. But until they fix it, I'll assume only 10 bikes fit in a Stormbird... which means I'll need several Stormbirds for a White Scars army. But 75% of my points will be in Stormbirds. This might not work out very well...
>>
>>49423451
>"Bikes and Jetbikes have the Hammer of Wrath, Jink, Relentless and Very Bulky special rules."
-7e rulebook
>>
Hello anons, I've crusaded on this forum as many different shit storm causing anons.

I've come to you with help coming to a decision, recently having gotten into the hobby with mediocre painted Iron Warriors, I decided to buy mechanicum, now 1500 points ish later and still coming in the mail. I have fallen in love with the Minotaurs chapter. In addition I have an incredibly strong desire to field 2 or 3 psykers.

I also have a raging boner for Cataphracti terminator armor.

As a fan of the Legion squad sizes, I'm highly tempted by the Chaos Space marines and their ML3 psykers but and hate the daemon aethsetic.

Also they lack Cataphracti terminator rules.

Help Anons. I'm a torn beast.

The issue is pretty straight forward,
>>
>>49423547
...and what is your question?
>>
>>49423547
>I have fallen in love with the Minotaurs chapter. In addition I have an incredibly strong desire to field 2 or 3 psykers.

Make a 500pt force of Minotaurs and 2 Librarians to use in 40k.

As for your 30k urges, make an IW list focused on robots, something like

2x Praevians plus robots, your third HQ with Iron Circle retinue then two more robot units in your HS slot.

Forget about chaos, they're crap.
>>
File: 1473379927517.jpg (36KB, 639x649px) Image search: [Google]
1473379927517.jpg
36KB, 639x649px
>>49423547
>the issue is pretty straight forward

And yet I have no earthly idea what the fuck your post was trying to convey.

Care to try again?
>>
File: 1474146320648.jpg (61KB, 836x955px) Image search: [Google]
1474146320648.jpg
61KB, 836x955px
>>49423547
... are you trying to admit you want to make an Unbound army with 40k and 30k armies ?

Age of Smegma won guys
>>
>>49423451
>>49423497
Scimitar Pattern Jetbikes are a separate entry, if we ignore the exchangeable equipment such as heavy bolters, they also improve the rider's save to 2+.

>>49423547
Roll 1d10.
>>
>>49423547
We don't know what a "Minotaurs chapter" or "Chaos Space marines" are. The Iron Warriors have seen daemons fighting on the same side as them, but are going to keep them at arm's length. We're just normal Space Marines fighting for the Warmaster in his quest to replace the Emperor of Mankind.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 449x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 449x700px
>>49423547
Did someone do pic related to you before or during the making of this post?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1909x1882px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1909x1882px
>>49423755
I don't know who the apothecaries need to use this on first. You or him.
>>
>>49423614
I bought 1500 points of 30k mechanicum, have painted a few iron warriors and fell in love with psykers, Cataphracti terminator armor and the minotaurs chapter.

Help me figure out something to play that combines these elements.
>>
>>49423939
I think the anon you are replying to was being ironic for the sake of pointing out that this a 30k thread
Suggested filename: Iron Warriors narthecium
>>
>>49423979
Thousand Sons have their own pet forgeworld and mechanicum allies. They could tick the mechanicum, psykers, and cataphractii boxes.
>>
>>49423612
I was thinking along the lines of a grand company of IWs that adopted the Minotaur as their personal heraldry during the Heresy. Remaining loyalists and eventually where scooped up by the Inquisition to form a militant arm in secret.
>>
>>49423979
Iron Warrior primary detachment with Cataphractii Librarian, allied Sworn Brother Mechanicum, maybe Reductor, as they can bring Minotaur batteries.
As for the Minotaurs chapter, you could pull a "Knight Anon" and paint them grey and bronze, with Micenian bull icons. Totally greek.
Also, IW led by Perturabo play a lot like Minotaurs
>>
>>49423992
I know. I meant the docmarines should use Gigli Saw on Anon for being a filthy unwashed traitor. Plus docmarines don't care if you want healing or death, they probably do have Power Gigli Saws in case of emergencies.
>>
>>49424034
But waiting three weeks is going to maim me anon, shipping times are absurd so unless I splurge and purchase all the models I want to field I'm fucked.

Besides, nobody knows if Inferno is going to be worth it or not.
>>
>>49423979
Run 30k Iron Warriors with Mechanicum allies, and fluff them out as a Grand Battalion that fields psykers, and has a colour scheme and heraldic elements (and character names, if you want) similar to the Minotaurs. You can imply the Mino's are a loyalist successor of your dudes or something.
>>
>>49424064
Chain Gigli saws. Primus Medicae have Gigli chainfists.
>>
>>49424050
>Minotaur as their personal heraldry

Thats fine but you'll still need to paint them as IW, not Minotaurs.

>eventually where scooped up by the Inquisition

There's plenty of opportunity to write something like but not for the Minotaurs, we know their origins and they are a Cursed Founding chapter made millenia after the Heresy.

I like the idea of a grand company with a minotaur theme, christ go full ham and have their LoW be two Minotaur artillery units but to me its impossible to try and make the Minotaur 40k chapter have their origins in the heresy when they are not part of it.
>>
>>49424081
At that point why not just give them a Chainsword?
>>
>>49423979
It sounds like you’re asking for a 40k list. Some of us still play it so we could help, but it would make more sense for us to do so in the /40k general/ thread.

If you want 30k advice, make an Iron Warriors + Mechanicum allies army and give the IW a lot of bits that look “Olympian” (by which I mean Greek). Then give them a more brownish shade of silver. Make them loyalists and hint that they’ll become the Minotaurs in the future.
>>
>>49423691
>Scimitar Pattern Jetbikes are a separate entry

From the Bike/Jetbike unit type described in 7e rulebook? I mean, SM attack bike uses that same unit type as an SM bike, regardless of options, stats, models size, etc.
>>
>>49424064
>Use Gigli Saw on Anon for being a filthy unwashed traitor
Well of course it's fine for that reason, I still remember the time I asked hhg whether they themselves would go loyalist or traitor.

>>49424099
Doesn't have the gritty wwI vibe IW anons favour. Sort of like power shovels.
>>
>>49424099
Because the setting. The most used Imperial cutlery is the chainspork.
Also, IW Apothecaries are issued chain-shovels.
>>
>>49424167
>>49424196
>chain-shovel
What Warsmith thought of this?
>>
>>49424098
Eventually get scooped up, it's not too far fetched that a surviving grand battalion could survive until the modern era, sticking to their bastion keep underground type stuff on some random death world.

Scooped up by the inquisition could happen after the heresy, where the battalion could be thoroughly investigated before being cucked into being the inquisitions personal chapter.

>>49424112
I'm not asking for a 40k list, only advice on blending my current favorite elements.
>>
>>49424215
Maybe a beep-boop salesman thought it up and convinced the local warsmith to invest.
Either that, or a techmarine tried to build one of Kyr Vhalen's swearfests.
>>
>>49424215

the one that got frustrated by being stuck on tree roots one too many times..
>>
>>49424289
Both are 100% believable.
>>49424293
He could just rip the tree out with his bare hands unless the tree is too huge.
>>
>>49424263
Officially, there are reasons to think that maybe the Minotaurs aren’t IW successors after all. But there are enough hints that you should subtly hint at it with the occasional FW Minotaur bit and maybe even some 40k CSM horned Mk V helmets (they weren’t meant to be Mk V, but use them as such).
>>
>>49424263
Sure but not for Minotaurs or any other cursed founding chapter because those are their origin, the cursed founding, not the Horus Heresy.

Like I said, plenty of chapters to do something like that but not the Minotaurs though if you wish to bend the fluff to your liking then go for it.
>>
File: 14743215725141926001566.jpg (878KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
14743215725141926001566.jpg
878KB, 1456x2592px
>>49424289
>>49424215
>>49424325
Would it be available to regular grunts or to specific units?
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 216x233px
>>49424341
Of course it would, how else are they going to dig their own grave?
>>
>>49424341
Did you draw this just now?
Sergeants and upwards and every member of a breacher squad.
>>
>>49424341
Oh you.
>for who
All IWs. You miserable piles of bitterness need them for your hopes and dreams of Iron Havocs/Tyrants coming out soon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-19-16-52-48.png (228KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-19-16-52-48.png
228KB, 720x1280px
>>49424368
...with artillery and Breaching charges?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_artificial_non-nuclear_explosions
>>49424390
Kek, yes.
>>49424397
Also kek
>>
>>49424425
If I recall correctly, there were supposed to be 25 mines, two have blown up since the somme via cows and four lie there still and no one knows where.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 459x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 459x424px
>>49424050
>Remaining loyalists and eventually where scooped up by the Inquisition to form a militant arm in secret.
So the Red Hunters?
>>
>>49424263
>not asking for a 40k list
>wants to incorperate 40k marine fanfic chapter

You disgust me.
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 443x994px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 443x994px
>>49424263
>Inquisition's personal chapter
So the Red Hunters.
>>
>>49424537
Red Hunters, unlike Minotaurs, can be tied to the heresy as they are a second founding chapter of unknown origins which along with the fact that they have ties to the Inquisition does hint that their origins are unsavory, so they could be a loyalist blackshield force or loyalists from a traitor legion, the fact that they also believe in the divinity of the Emperor could mean that they were founded by loyalist word bearers or maybe something else.
>>
if a basilisk fires at something within line of sight and 36" or below it fires using normal blast rues, and its only if its firing above 36 inches up to to 120 that it scatters the full 2d6 or am i completely fucking this up
>>
>>49424662
The barrage rule means you can fire without line of sight outside the minimum range. If you do, full scatter.
>>
>>49421377
I'll never understand why FW/GW doesn't sell those shirts online, the legion ones all look great, it's like they hate money
>>
>tfw medusas fuflfill my list better than basilisks
>basilisks look so much cooler though
>the armoured protesus is the coolest looking Land Raider, but the MkIIB does what I need though
>the spartan does it all better, but they can't be squadroned, nor do they have the cool WWI style sponsons
Sadness.
>>
>>49424337
The inquisition may have scooped up reserves of IW geneseed.
>>
>>49424662
Succesfull wounds are still allocated using the Barrage rules when firing within minimum range however.
>>
>>49425025
Thats the mechanicum's territory and they dont delete anything, the Imperium still has the geneseed of traitors stored in their vaults. The fact that they may or may have IW geneseed is not relevant as it still doesnt change the fact that Minotaurs are not tied to the Horus Heresy, not everything needs to be tied to it.
>>
>>49425075
Here on /tg/ we’re all about >implying.

So go ahead and imply that maybe the 40k Minotaurs are a recreation of a long-lost 2nd or 3rd founding chapter by the same name. Maybe they found a ship that had been drifting for decades, its occupants dead. Whether they were killed by Iron Warriors or by the Inquisition, that’s up to you.
>>
>>49425050
so i can fire below 36 inches and i still use the relevant template
>>
What's the best way to take Minotaurs, the double earthshaker variety, as LoW in your normal army, or as groups of 3 in allied mechanicum
>>
>>49424337
You are thinking about the cursed founding mjnotaurs that fell to khorne, not the inquisition supported chapter that came after them.
>>
>>49425281
Allied mechanicum.

One cheap magos, one 80 point barebones thallax cohort, and three minotaurs in one heavy support slot.
>>
>>49425340
Is it the same model for both?
>>
>>49425361
Yep. Mechanicum can take Minotaurs as Heavy Support in squadrons of three, iirc.
>>
>>49425208
weapons with the Blast special rule also use the template when firing (unless they also have an alternative firing mode profile without the Blast special rule)

What I meant is that even when firing within minimum range, your opponent has to remove dead models closest to the hole of the blast marker (as per Barrage rules) instead of the models closest to the firing model.
>>
>>49425374
The 30k mechanicum?

Is it Reductor? because I don't see it.
>>
>>49425374
No I meant as in is it literally represented by the same model on the tabletop
>>
>>49425467
It is indeed Reductor. It's in the back next to the Reductor Artillery Vehicles, which are the Build Your Own Explosive Metal Bawkses!
>>
>>49425493
Yes. They're the same vehicle.
>>
>>49424937
Proxy then, no one's going to be pissed if you announce what your using before the match.

I'm in the same boat, I think Basilisks look way better than Medusas, but Medusas have much more use on the table.
>>
>>49424937
>>the spartan does it all better, but they can't be squadroned, nor do they have the cool WWI style sponsons
Plasticard? They're also more expensive now, so you must think it through.
>>the armoured protesus is the coolest looking Land Raider, but the MkIIB does what I need though
Count-as
>>
>>49425963
I don't think I've ever seen a legion basilisk in person. Though I have seen dozens upon dozens of spartans, medusas, typhons, and knights. Bit of a shame if you ask me.
>>
>>49418628
yeah i meant militia.
>>
>>49424937
The Mk. IIB looks almost as good. Just get it. What's your list, anyway?
>>
Anyone have a good source for the audiobooks? I need the newest Beast Arises and Horus Heresy books - plus the Deathwatch short story.
>>
>>49419166

They were trying to upload your prize. They work for the fabricator-general, the mechanicus man.
>>
>>49426181
Black Library has a very nice selection.
>>
>>49424937
Get a Proteus, give it a front ramp and run it as a Phobos.
>>
>>49426181

I can't help with anything 40k, but I have both the latest HH books.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t2bhcwfls43pe1j/Angels_of_Caliban_gav_thorpe.epub

http://www.mediafire.com/download/waavg7n83sjedn7/praetorian_of_dorn_john_french.epub
>>
>>49426133
Haven't written it up yet, but I was thinking of Termi Praetor with Termi bodyguards crusin' around in their own Pimped out Land Raider, while the tacticals(despoilers, maybe?) got their own land raiders to carry them around, with some artillery for Ironfire. Maybe. I dunno yet. Only problem is that I don't think 10 man despoilers or regular tacticals are really good enough to warrant a transport other than a rhino, but I don't really want Spartans for 20 man squads.

>>49426069
>Plasticard? They're also more expensive now, so you must think it through.
Meh, I dunno.

>Count-as
Eh. I could, but I just won't.

Really, the Spartan would fit my needs so much better, and that saddens me.

>>49426232
FW should make a Assault Vehicle version of the Armored Proteus.

>>49426247
Hey mate, you have any pdfs of Raven Guard 30k books? My friend's just got interested in 30k, and he loves the Raven Guard. Thought it'd be nice to give him some books he could read on his phone since his computer's busted.
>>
>Shows how cool the space wolves are

>Hurr durr we're not actually stupid barbarians we just think and act like stupid barbarians all the time if you think that we're stupid barbarians just because we are stupid barbarians then just got tricked *wet leopard growl* my name is NOT Bear XD
>>
>>49426279

If you can wait a month, the Corax book is literally all the Raven Guard stories all bundled together. Here's the only actual novel thus far.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7td6phdpdgwhpsa/deliverance_lost_gav_thorpe.epub

Though I have to apologize that Corax ha been written by one of the most mediocre of all the HH writers, Gav Thorpe. His Raven Guard are boring and generic as shit.
>>
>>49426312
>*wet leopard growl*
You made me imagine this as Bjorn's battle cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y897tozJeg8
>>
>>49426312
Meaning : 30k yiffs aren't like those filthy 40k yiffs Wolfy Mcwolfywolfsson riding his wolfwolf wearing wolfarmour with wolftooth and wolftail trinkets, and swinging his wolfclaws around his wolfbanner.

30k yiffs are merely 'pretending' to be that.
>>
>>49426279
>FW should make a larger transport capacity version of the Phobos.

FTFY

Hell, they don't even have to, they already got the Prometheus. Just give it the Crusader capacity and it's done.
>>
>>49426312
Sounds like someone never read the hardcover version. Because something like 80% of those are removed.
>>
>>49426318
>If you can wait a month, the Corax book is literally all the Raven Guard stories all bundled together. Here's the only actual novel thus far.
Oh, that's cool.

>>49426279
My gosh. I just realised something.

I'm a World Eater trapped in an Iron Warriors body. Or is it the other way around? Either way, I just realized my list for (Power) Axes and Glorious Melee Combat! Shoot.

Got any pdfs of World Eater and Iron Warrior books too? Gonna need to really clear my mind and see which legion I truly belong to.
>>
>>49426312
Saucy copy-pasta you got there.
>>
>>49426279
>FW should make a Assault Vehicle version of the Armored Proteus
They could call it the Land Raider... Phobos.

Land Raiders needed their 20 point reduction that they got in the latest red book, but I haven't seen anyone other than DA players try running more than a couple. It could work well, especially if your artillery is also vehicle-mounted.

On the other hand, Rhinos can now take pintle-mounted heavy meltas and that might be a better deal.
>>
>>49426456

Read The Iron Within by Rob Sanders.
>>
>>49426461
What I meant was something that looked like that Armored Proteus, with it's exposed tracks and WWI style sponsons, rather than the exposed ones with cameras on them.
>>
>>49426455
?
The only thing the hardcovers do is retcon old canon and include illustrations; they don't change the story
>>
File: Just_Pretending.png (371KB, 654x654px) Image search: [Google]
Just_Pretending.png
371KB, 654x654px
>>
>>49426544
All Land Raider Phobos variants have track covers, but the Mk IIB (sold by FW) has the same WWI-style sponsons as the Armored Proteus. It takes GW’s plastic Mk III (the one with remote-controlled sponsons) and adds the sponsons and a different front hull top. A Google Image Search shows that some people have converted the Mk IIB to have exposed tracks using bits by Blood and Skulls Industries.

Check it: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/231337-mk1-land-raideror-mk15/
>>
I just realized that Vet Squads and Terminators are the only ones who can take all Power Axes, outside of legion specifics. A shame.
>>
>>49426885
Eh, it's more that I like the general aesthetic of the Armoured Proteus a lot more.
>>
>>49426456
>I'm a World Eater trapped in an Iron Warriors body. Or is it the other way around? Either way, I just realized my list for (Power) Axes and Glorious Melee Combat! Shoot.
"After De'Shea" not only makes you root for Angron after making you understand him, but also explains what happened to the WE's First Captain, how Kharn ends as Angron's equerry and how the Iron warriors can be Sworn brothers to the World Eaters and vice versa.

Be it IW or WE, be it explosives or chainaxes, we can survive the Decimation, Cut the Rope, bleed and be Sworn Brothers.

IWE
>>
>>49426974
Is After De'Shea one of the audiobooks were Khârn narrates?
>>
File: lord of the red sands.png (273KB, 2824x842px) Image search: [Google]
lord of the red sands.png
273KB, 2824x842px
>>49427002
It is? The compilation (or however that's called) "Angron" contains "After De'Shea", "Butcher's Nails" and "Lord of the Red Sands".
The only one I know is in full motherfucking Audiodrama version, rather than Audiobook, is "Butcher's Nails" (by Aaron Dembski Bowde...).
And that one features Russian Kharn. And Angron's voice is perfect and will replace your headcanon voice for him. And Lotara has a sweet voice as well.
>>
>>49427083
So only Butcher's Nails has Russian Khârn? Sadness.
>>
>>49427083
Oi! Al, you enjoy the Shadow Over Innsmouth, and At the Mountains of Madness? You said you'd get them, wondering if you listened to them by now.
>>
>>49426944
Then run Armored Proteuses? Don't use despoilers then. Maybe support squads.
>>
File: WhileMyPrimarchGentlyWeeps.png (319KB, 232x635px) Image search: [Google]
WhileMyPrimarchGentlyWeeps.png
319KB, 232x635px
>>49415929
>What would they be sad about?
They weren't sad, Sanguinius simply had Dacryphilia.
>>49427207
Gee buddy, I haven't yet listened to them. I didn't forget them, simply I finished exams, stuff happened and then came the Independence day celebration.
I shall listen to them this week :)
>>
>>49427287
>Dacryphilia
Nah. He saw the current BA dex through his visions.
>>
>>49427287
>Gee buddy, I haven't yet listened to them. I didn't forget them, simply I finished exams, stuff happened and then came the Independence day celebration. I shall listen to them next week. :^)
Plz no mean sarcasm, iz not nice. You should work on your social skills, anon! :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 352x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 352x321px
I need this 30k-ified. I know there's just some untapped pitential lying in there.
>>
File: toot toot.jpg (179KB, 445x401px) Image search: [Google]
toot toot.jpg
179KB, 445x401px
>>49427506
...but that wasn't sarcasm.
That stuff did happen, and like the Butcher's Nails I simply wouldn't forget them.
Except what happened from Monday to Thursday, I don't know what happened those days.
>>49427530
I have this.
>>
>>49427530
Something involving Perty or Fulgrim comes to mind
>>
>>49427552

Do not USE the Blade of the Laer!

Fool! Fulgrim does as he PLEASES?
>>
>>49427582
Just need someone to shop in a EC as the Elf looking dude and long white hair in place of Dooms hood and we're there
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>49427548
1. Do you have the original in that size?
2. That is a really good edit. I *Almost* couldn't tell by the pixels.

Almost.
>>
>>49427530
>>49427548
>GUILLIMAN: Perturabo, do not decimate your legion!
>PERTURABO: Fool! Perturabo decimates whomever he pleases!
>>
>>49427706
Holy shit tha'ts nice too. I was thinking about Magnus too, but I don't know.
What would Perturabo use in replacement of that sea vuvuzela?
>>
>>49428129
New thread
>>
Why are Dark Angels so inferior?

Cruz, one on one could take the Lion

Sevatar would curmbstomp Corswain too

Luther wasn't even a full Astartes, and is no better than old man Kor Pharon, but even less interesting.

Night Lords are gangster pimps while the Dark Angels are just generic forest knights with no personality.

Plus the Night Lords at least have the balls to admit they are traitors.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.