[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/exg/ - Exalted General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 42

File: 1472187236991.jpg (66KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
1472187236991.jpg
66KB, 600x668px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1
>>
File: Exalted Sorceress.jpg (1MB, 1001x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Exalted Sorceress.jpg
1MB, 1001x1600px
>>
Okay /exg/ what in the world does a full siddy circle do?
>>
Tell me about the Sidereal
>>
>>49411174
Generally same as other circles. Save creation from impending threats and try and shape creation. They just have to be alot less direct about it
>>
>>49411236
so not fate ninjas or do they get the more insane adventures?
>>
File: Chosen of Secrets.jpg (277KB, 620x808px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen of Secrets.jpg
277KB, 620x808px
Speaking of Sidereals, what would happen if I activated Beauty Is In The Eye (Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic Style), Four Magical Materials Form (Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style), and Invoking The Chimera's Coils (Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style), at the same time?

RAW they're compatible, would I be a 15 foot tall gazellecarp made of the magic materials and five elements?
>>
>>49411870
Sure, sounds good.

>>49411271
They are fate ninjas, and yes they do get some pretty bonkers assignments.

Remember, Sids aren't called in for dinky shit like "there's a Fae running around making trouble" unless that Raksha is messing with some big chunk of destiny.

They usually get called in for shit like "so there was a glitch in causality and everyone in this patch of Creation is co-locating with a demon in Malfeas; fix it."
>>
So does anyone else give nicknames to people and places they encounter? My solar is developing this thing where he doesn't really care where he is or who he's dealing with as long as it eventually gets rendered into silver or jade.

We've been to an island I only refer to as Confetti. (It has a real name, and that's kind of close.) There's an annoying dragonblooded fuck I've been calling Gogglor. (Not to his stupid face, of course.)

And about 5 or 6 guys whom I've called Crash. Because that's what my hammer does to them. Physically, as well as mechanically. There was a girl named Crash, too. It's a genderless nickname.
>>
It's been long enough that I've forgotten, is there any type of special for warning when a book is about to come out or is it likely that someday it just moves to development in a Monday meeting?
>>
>>49409772
Given the general lack of direction in the thread... let's do a variant of the old "what would X be in Exalted" and talk about Exigents. Personally, I think they're a neat idea. Are there any characters from other media that would be good examples of Exigents, or a good representation of how they work?
>>
>>49409772
What is the most annoyingly pretentious name you can give an abyssal? Bonus points if you dont use the words: Night, Shadow, Raven, Reaper, Demon, Death, or Devil.
>>
>>49411174
A Sidereal Circle is usually called in to deal with problems relating to Fate, as well as major problems that will destabilize an entire region or all of Creation. So, while a Dragon-blood group might be satisfied by "Ah, fuck, some jack ass sorcerer summoned a bunch of blood apes and lost control of them all, time to exterminate them" or "God dammit, this province is being rebellious and not paying its taxes to the Realm, let's fix that", it's "Fuck, someone summoned Octavian and now is conquering worryingly large parts of Southern satrapies, kill his ass" or "Great, the Loom glitched out in Gethamane and now people's Fates are randomly being swapped out, so healthy people are dying of cancer, people are falling in love with the wrong person, etc., fucking fix it." or "This empire is fated to die, make sure it happens."
>>
Can a dragon-blooded live up to their name and eventually be able to turn into a fuck mothering dragon?
>>
File: 412412312312.png (572KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
412412312312.png
572KB, 640x480px
>tfw I just made an entire raksha community relocate hundreds of miles away because I tricked them into getting into a duel with my character
I told them that if I killed their greatest champion and held their champion's head aloft, they'd all have to fuck off back to their homebase hundreds of miles away. I forgot that fae disintegrate on death, though (or at least in this campaign; it's happened before regardless so I should've known), so they go "wow, dipshit, looks like we're gonna fucking eat your soul."

In response, I just pulled out a piece of paper and drew a picture of the champion's head and named it "Your Champion's Head", and held it aloft, while saying, "Maybe you all should've spent more time thinking this through instead of getting mad when I called you all out and rushing into an agreement."
>>
>>49414501
Just roll a Tumblrina aka Lunar and eat a dragon.
>>
>>49414501

Possibly at Essence 10

Good luck getting there.
>>
So, I'm creating a Deathlord for my campaign, I'm naming him The Mariner of Mournful Depths. He's a patron of drowned sailors and makes use of sorcerous and necromantically enhanced ships that can travel underwater, and create a thick fog wherever they surface. He lives under the ocean in the west, in a city built from shipwreckage, bones, and limestone. In the center of the city is a powerful (5 dot) Abyssal manse, made of Soulsteel and fashioned in the shape of a giant pyramid, which creates a dome of air around the city and darkens the water around it so it can't be seen until you're inside.

My problem is kinda simple, but I need help with it regardless. I need a name for the city/manse, but I can't actually come up with one. Any suggestions?
>>
Something Something Locker.
>>
>>49414918
The stronghold behind the tide and under the abyss.

Shrouded Locker at the bottom of the abyssal depths.

I've got more. Give me a few minutes or stop me when you hot one ya like.
>>
>>49414520
Good.
>>
>>49414985
Alright then. Thanks anon, I appreciate the help!
>>
>>49414918
>>49414985

The grave in pitch black waters.
>>
>>49415012
No problem.

That which is traped under the current.

The Leviathans lair untouched by light

The mariners shore under the eternal ocean

The depths off life's fragility ((get it, cause the sea life down there is exceedingly fragile irl))

The city within the oceans void.
Suprised nobody took me up on my abyssals pretentious names contest.
>>
The vent that blasphemes against the waves.

The sunken promise of honest fishermen.

The fathomless refuge from the sun
>>
>>49415093
Appreciate the help anon, none of them really fit what I'm looking for (something shorter and snappier, like Skullstone Keep), but I think I can draw on some of these to figure one out. Thanks anon!

Also, on the topic of the Mariner, I'm doing a sort of Google doc entry on him as part of my notes for my campaign, in the style of the Deathlord entries in 2e's Abyssal book. One of the things each entry has is an explanation on what roles the various Abyssal castes play under that Deathlord. Most of them are easy to figure out for the Mariner; Dusks are warriors and generals, Moonshadows are ship captains and admirals, Daybreak are sorcerers/necromancers and build the underwater ships his fleets use. But I'm drawing a blank on Day and Midnight castes. I don't necessarily envision him as a particularly theological Deathlord, nor do I see him making frequent use of assassins, so Midnights and Day cates fall into a kind of weird place. Ideas?
>>
>>49415196
The midnight is usually like the solars zenith. It that they are both leader priest and usually serve as figureheads. So they would likely run the "ports" and the city.as for the nights, they're like scouts and lookouts aboard other ships and in the ports, always protecting the mariners interest on the land and keeping silent watch over the seas. Often in the boats of unsuspecting seafarers.
>>
What level sorcerous workings would be needed to turn a fair folk into a creature of creation?
>>
>>49415440
Solar 1 to put an existing mortal soul into a Raksha, Solar 2 to make a Raksha into a real boy, Solar 3 to forever allow all Raksha who complete the "quest of humanity"; whereby they shed their Graces in favour of human attributes, to become beings of Creation
>>
anyone know of any homebrew time/destiny based devil tigers for 2.5?
>>
>>49412129
Thanks to playing with a group who know next to nothing about Exalted, all of our Exalts are, in and out of character, currently under the impression that every single Abyssal goes by a stupid nickname and refuses to acknowledge those are real names.

To stop giggling at their actual names, we keep trying to call them the most mundane possible names like Bill or Jeff or in the case of The Maiden of the Mirthless Smile, Sally.
>>
>>49414281
I can't think of that many examples of "the hero who assembles a hodgepodge of powers from misc. spiritual patrons" actually. As opposed to "the hero who never gives up" or "the hero who always survives" or even "the damned hero forged through failure".

Off the top of my head I can only think of Mob and his brother from Mob Psycho 100, given they only really started flexing their pschic powers after the green ghost guy started hanging out with them long enough.

>>49414501
I swear there's at least one martial art out there that lets you do this.

>>49414918
Maybe keep it simple? The Black Freighter.
>>
>>49416004
Exigents can get powers from multiple gods? I thought Exaltation was a one-off thing.
>>
>>49416196
I meant misc. as in the variety of types of patrons an Exigent can get, but-I actually don't remember, I know they start off with just the one patron but I remember them being compared to Devil Tigers in terms of mixing and matching Charms later on or something.
>>
>>49416196
Maybe multiple Gods not strong enough to cook up an Exigent can pool their collective essence and make one who has a variety of their powers.

Seven Streams is an exigent formed by the co-operation of seven river gods who feared the Satrap's new palace would starve them by blocking their source. Individually none was important enough to warrant significant worship, but together they formed the collective of the region's water use and their joing petition was deemed worthy.

Seven Streams is therefore rare even amongst Exigents, and as a result of his unusual origin, his powers cycle daily and beyond his control, each sunrise awakening the powers and personality of a different river god.
>>
File: ua2_wallpaper_1024x768.jpg (316KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ua2_wallpaper_1024x768.jpg
316KB, 1024x768px
>>49411174
>Investigate this

Every third baby born in the East is silent. He does not speak. Does not cry. He sees your soul, and he does not blink.

They say Choras is a city of wonder, the last surviving bastion on the highest First Age, and what a city it is, full of light, gods and exalted! Problem: The Loom is clear on this subject. Choras does not exist. So why is it the second biggest city of the South?

Where have the Metal aspected DBs gone? Wait, where has gone the pole of Metal? Metal, you know? One of the six elements of creation?

By freak happenstance, three different factions just decided to hijack the guild ship the 'Silver Dinar' in travel. The Silver Dinar also have two unrelated Solar Exalted on board, one well hidden Abyssal and one second circle demon metamorphosed. Sort this out, and remember: the Silver Dinar must survive to thwart the Seven Suns Invasion in two years.

A tightly knit band of Erymanthoi travel through the Western ports, making soul seeking music with strange brass trumpets. They call it 'Jaz'. In thirteen days this music will provoke a riot that will snowball into a revolution against the Skullstone Archipelago. Your job: Direct this revolution by learning Jaz yourselves.
>>
I'm farily new to exalted and I a have a question
Are the Solar Exalted that are now appering reincarnations of Solars from the first age or are they just mortals that become embedded with their essence?
>>
>>49416984
They are the inheritors of the First Age Solars powers, and may share traits with them and the exaltation may carry some of their memories, but they are not the same people. They are mortals, born in this age and given powers. The Solars of the first age died and either became ghosts or passed into the cycle of reincarnation

rl;dr - no, not the same guys
>>
>>49416984
That's a complicated issue.

Here's how it works: every human being has two souls, the Hun (emotion, instinct, animal nature) and the Po (intellect, motivation, higher reasoning). When a person becomes an Exalted, the "spark" of Exaltation joins with them and acts like a third part of their soul, granting them great power, skill, and even some changes to their nature. When one of the Chosen dies, this spark leaves their body and finds another worthy person to Exalt, joining with them in turn; an Exaltation shard retains some aspects of its previous holders, such as the skills they gained through experience, some of their important memories, and sometimes even aspects of their powers or Anima Banner.

So, a "new" Solar Exalted starts as a new, unique mortal, and inherits part of the "self" of a past Solar. They're still fundamentally the same person they were to begin with, amplified manifold by divine power, but will often share some traits in common with their predecessors, either because they were retained in the Hero's Soul or because it seeks out those who possess such traits.
>>
>>49416984
It's like inheriting a title. You are a net link in a long chain of heroic legacy but you are not your predecessors.

>>49417075
> When a person becomes an Exalted, the "spark" of Exaltation joins with them and acts like a third part of their soul
I am not sure if that's how it works in 3E. I had a feeling like devs wanted Exaltation to be more like a loosely defined "blessing" rather than distinct shards or Essence reactors.
>>
>>49417032
>>49417075
>>49417278
Thank you very much!
>>
you know what would break the multiverse?
solar exalt planeswalker
glorious solar bullshit pilled on with planeswalker bullshit for ultrabullshit
is there anyway to make this more bullshit?
>>
File: Mary Sues in Exalted.png (236KB, 950x3087px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Sues in Exalted.png
236KB, 950x3087px
>>49417499

>is there anyway to make this more bullshit?

Always.
>>
>>49417499
Yeah, he was called Urza. That's why all his cards are banned.
>>
>>49417553
One of the players in my campaign modeled his entire character off Urza.
>>
A question about Unwoven Coadjutors, can they be any type demon? For example can a Slayer whose Patron Yozi is the Ebon Dragon have an Unwoven Coadjutor who was one of Adorjan's First Circles?
>>
>>49414376
I may be the odd one out here, but most exalts in my games have names that we would consider names instead of combinations of words
>>
>>49417869
It has been demonstrated repeatedly that most contemporary names do indeed have a literal meaning but it was mostly lost over the ages. Asian names are also often composed from symbols meaning distinct things.
>>
>>49417869
Abyssals with names instead of obscene nonsense titles? I think you might have a fairly interesting group.
>>
>>49417681

Considering First Circle Demons don't actually bear any 'spiritual' heritage from anything--any sufficiently-powerful Demon could conjure up Neomah if they had a reason to--it would be thunderingly retarded if Coadjutors were restricted by the Yozi of your caste/favored/urge/whatever.

So, given the rest of the quality of Infernals, I have to assume that "Yes, your coadjutor has to descend from a Yozi they bear no actual spiritual relationship with other than an accident of birth."
>>
>>49418078
>most contemporary names do indeed have a literal meaning but it was mostly lost over the ages.
My favorite example on this score is that "Albert" is abbreviated from Old German _adalbert_, meaning "Noblebright".

No, I don't know what name used to mean "Grimdark".
>>
So how did sorcery change from 2e to 3e? I know that Workings were added.
>>
>>49419422
Have you read the book?
>>
>>49419422
Now you have to hold B to charge your special, rather than spending mana on it.
>>
What's the name of the Ebon Dragon charm that permanently makes you not be able to tell the truth?
>>
>>49421010

You're probably thinking of Witness to Darkness, which inflicts a penalty when you try to use Charisma.

Not that it makes much difference, since anything you could accomplish with a truthful social influence can also be accomplished with a deceptive one.
>>
>>49421032
Oh thanks. I thought Witness to Darkness just made it harder to see in sunlight.
>>
Have there been any decent custom charms made for War yet? I have been really wanting to play a Zhuge Liang expy as my group starts up 3e but a lot of the charms for a war supernal seem kinda bland.
>>
>>49414918
It's easy to forget, but while Abyssal Exalts have names like the Abominable Black Exarch of Silent Tears, Abyssal manses have names like the Cold House. A manse like that might be named the Onyx Pearl or something.
>>
>>49421725
Here

http://exalted3e.wikidot.com/charms
>>
Charm cards any good?
>>
I remember seeing some Occult charms that work with sorcery somewhere, does anyone have a link?
>>
>>49421886
>A manse like that might be named the Onyx Pearl or something.

Now I want to have a dead library of musty, stillborn ideas and call it the Onyx Path.
>>
>>49422875
With empty shelves full of "Coming soon" and similar markers dated long ago.
>>
>>49419422
You use motes from your surroundings, drawing them into your spell. The more successes you get on your ritual rolls, the more motes you get per turn. Once you get enough motes the spell fires, to devastating effect. It doesn't cost your personal or peripheral motes at default, and in general combat sorcery is way more viable now that perfects are nerfed
>>
Woot, just finished first full session of my new Infernals game.

Extremely villainous party:
>Painter of Feverish Dreams, Fiend Caste, smartass guy who uses entrails for pigment
>Akane, Arch-Princess of the Greenflame Sea, Slayer Caste, tanky smashy gal
>Gwinn, Thousand-Tooth Devourer, Scourge Caste, cannibal and sneaky gal

I'd run intro sessions for them arriving in Malfeas and getting free stuff; today they returned to Creation on a mission to corrupt it. One of the 2CDs of the Ebon Dragon came to see them off, wish them luck, offer them loot to take along, etc. They didn't take much at the time, but as this is first session, I'm going to allow some degree of retroactive preparation as they realize they really should have brought stuff.

They landed near a small town near the Grey River, told the Yozi cultists to stop bickering, bickered a bit themselves, setting a bad example, and headed to the regional capital after stopping to convince the Slayer that no, you really shouldn't wear your artifact plate and carry your grand daiklave around just now, even if that grand daiklave is a gift from Ligier personally. Wear this disguise instead and pretend to be from the South.

Regional capital is ruled by an informal split between the Guild and five families. Coven arrived late in the day, settled in, and performed a demon summoning in the hotel room that night. The next morning they went off to the pleasure garden of one of the five families, met some likely-looking member, and chatted him up under pretense of making a deal to import rare seeds.

A kidnapping was planned. But where to take the target afterwards, and how to get him there?

The OOC:
>put him in the cache egg!
>you can't put living beings in a cache egg
>well, you can put living beings in a cache egg, just not use the elsewhere storage
>MALFEAN STEALTH: "Yeah, we just shoved this guy in a giant hamster ball, made of hellbrass, in broad daylight, what you gonna do 'bout it, punk?"

cont.
>>
File: Akane.jpg (1MB, 1900x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Akane.jpg
1MB, 1900x1339px
>>49424400
Eventually the plan actually carried out was that the Scourge stalked the merchant prince guy, beat up his guards, kidnapped him, and carried him to the bad part of town. Since she did this shortly after the coven had met with him, armsmen got a little suspicious, but the other two talked and weaseled their way out of it. (They had an extra suspicious tail, but lost him.) They regrouped in the bad part of town, used Will-Crushing Force to beat their victim down to 1wp on top of being half dead, then had the Slayer offer to help him if only he'd promise to do something for her... eventually browbeating him into triggering Fealty-Acknowledging Audience.

And that's where it stands, with the party now having villained their way into having a minion outside of the free minions they get from being Infernals near yozi cults, and plans to take over a bunch of of the five families and frame one of the others as working with the Guild to destroy whoever won't come under their thumb, and carry on from there. Or something; they're prone to replanning on the fly a lot.

Also there's a battlecat (teodozija familiar) supposed to appear, and possibly other backgrounds that haven't been entirely settled yet.
>>
>>49424400
No. Stop. First, answer this. Were the gals cute?
>>
File: Gwinn.png (641KB, 493x1006px)
Gwinn.png
641KB, 493x1006px
>>49424415
Just rounding out the party pictures.

>>49424424
One eats people and the other is a Slayer with a personal grand daiklave from Ligier.
Run screaming away from both of them, do not stop for cute.
>>
>>49424439
Is this the group with the Lunar waifus?
>>
>>49424400
What's the favoured Yozi for each of them?
>>
File: outlander with corprus.png (284KB, 475x457px) Image search: [Google]
outlander with corprus.png
284KB, 475x457px
I sure hope that 3e Infernals scraps that stupid edgy shit in the first two-three chapters and just makes Infernals into over-the-top anti-heroes or villains who thrive on excess like they were in the other chapters.
>>
File: how do i shot waifu.png (211KB, 1273x1122px) Image search: [Google]
how do i shot waifu.png
211KB, 1273x1122px
>>49424498
They don't have Lunar waifus at present, but it is the group from rather less than serious pic related, if that's what you mean.

>>49424545
Fiend: Swillin'
Slayer: Kimberly
Scourge: Adoorjam
>>
Any good Actual Plays of Infernals? Need some inspo for an Infernal Circle that will be opposing my Solar players.
>>
Which Book is about the gods?
>>
>>49424922

Games of Divinity in 1E, regurgitated in 2E's Books of Sorcery 4: Roll of Glorious Divinity I.

Check GoD first.
>>
>>49424654
Kind of boring that the Scourge's favoured Yozi is the same as their Cast Yozi. But otherwise interesting.
>>
>>49424654
>>49425137

I... don't think that's actually possible, even.

It'd be like Favoring Melee as a Dawn.
>>
>>49425137
Hurrr I'm a durrr. Looking closer, I apparently wrote Adorjan because the Scourge's unfinished sheet only mentioned Adorjan; no favored Yozi is listed. In that case I dunno, will have to poke the player and ask.
>>
>>49425196
Hope it's a fun Yozi like Hegra or Elloge.
>>
>>49425417

Kimbery is good for a full yandere character, though.
>>
There was a person a couple weeks back who posted a document where they'd gone and compiled 2e stats for most of the first circle demons. Does anybody have that document saved? I'm an idiot and I forgot to download it the first time it was posted.
>>
>>49414520
Clever. But what happens when your character finally gets home, sees the words, "Home Base" painted on his front door and a hundred Raksha living in his house?
>>
How do Infernals stack up against Solars in 3E?
>>
>>49426514
They're way better, it's really fucked up how much of an Infernals fanboy Holden is, you'd think he was EarthScorpion.
>>
>>49426514
2e Infernals still hae perfect defences
>>
>>49426514
Who knows? Presumably Infernals, Abyssals and Solars will all be fairly comparable in terms of power and scale.
>>
I was just reading Dreaming Pearl Courtesan and came to the prompt and clear conclusion that "natural language" is not, in fact, the problem with the Solar Charmset. I'd sum it up with this quote, from Demure Carp Feint:

>Successfully defending against or disengaging from an enemy whose Resolve is beaten by the martial artist’s Appearance grants her a point of Initiative, as her provocative elegance and sinuous grace gain her an improved footing.
>
>Mastery: When the martial artist gains Initiative with this Charm, her attacker loses a point of Initiative as well. When disengaging, all enemies whose Resolve is beaten lose the point of Initiative (although this does not increase the amount the martial artist receives).

See that bit at the end there? "(although this does not increase the amount the martial artist receives)"? That is exactly the kind of thing that is missing from the Solar Charmset. If Morke had written that Charm, that sentence wouldn't be there, and you'd sit there for a minute puzzling out with your group if it increased the amount of Initiative the martial artist receives, and come to some conclusion which would constantly vary between groups. But because Morke isn't writing the Martial Arts, the author intentionally notes and clarifies any ambiguities in how the Charm works rather than making you puzzle it out on your own.
>>
>>49426531
Holden isn't autistic enough to be ES.
>>
>>49426872
You're right, he's worse.
>>
>>49426889
I don't care if you're saying one tastes worse than the other. Either way, you ate two pieces of shit.
>>
>>49426531
He's more of a Sidereal's fan boy
>scene-long perfect defense
>>
>>49426954

Wasn't that in an SMA? Isn't Vance doing those?
>>
>>49426770
>But because Morke isn't writing the Martial Arts, the author intentionally notes and clarifies any ambiguities in how the Charm works rather than making you puzzle it out on your own.

Vance got a few things right but also made some other mistakes with the Martial Arts Charms, like referencing "Counterattacks" as if they were their own thing and had their own rules which means every group is going to have to sit around deciding when and how each Martial Art counterattack Charm functions.
>>
>>49426987
It was one of those bullshit Greater Astrology Charms in the maidens book, which Holden crowed about how they were "greatest things he had written for the game line" and then he spent the better part of a week trying to defend the idea of a scene-long perfect defense even when people with much greater system knowledge and competency repeatedly tried to point out to him why the idea was stupid.
>>
>>49427036

Sounds like something Holden might do. He has a history of blinding defending stupid bullshit. What's the name of the charm?
>>
>>49416984

Yes.
>>
>>49426988
>Vance got a few things right but also made some other mistakes with the Martial Arts Charms, like referencing "Counterattacks" as if they were their own thing and had their own rules which means every group is going to have to sit around deciding when and how each Martial Art counterattack Charm functions.
Yeah, that's wrong, but it's a different /kind/ of wrong. That's "I think this is a general system term, but it isn't." It's just ("just") factually wrong.

Morke's is "I understand this system, and I have an idea for this Charm, and I might even write it in such a way that a careful reading of it and every other Charm will eventually reveal its intent, but I *won't* just tell you what it does properly the first time." The technical term is "extraneous cognitive load."
>>
>>49427112
Maiden and Gambler Stance in the Maidens book.
>>
>>49427202
>Shaping

So won't work on anybody who matters, a'ight.
>>
>>49427136
Absolutely. Of Morke, Holden and Vance I think Vance has the strongest understanding of Charm design and how to make Charms functional and understandable. I wish Holden and Morke would take a page out of his book.

Really the fact that Vance is the author writing most of the Dragon Blooded Charms is pretty much the only reason I haven't dropped 3rd edition yet.
>>
>>49427232
It wasn't shaping when the book was first released. Holden only agreed to errata it after Neph, John Chung and a bunch of other people publicly told him how shitty a scene-long perfect defense with no ability for PC's to deal with it would be.
>>
>>49427266

I'm looking at it in Maidens right now.
>Keywords: Obvious, Fate, Shaping

And the version of Maidens I have doesn't have the rest of the errata text (where it adds the Virtue Flaw of Invulnerability).

The trouble of PDFs, I guess.
>>
File: 1357079297853.jpg (67KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1357079297853.jpg
67KB, 368x368px
>>49427202

Christ, being a scene long defence isn't the first fucking thing wrong with it.
>>
>>49427314
Here's a link to some old conversation with Jon Chung arguing about Maiden and Gambler Stance because in the original text didn't have the clause where it was to be treated as a shaping attack against the target and wasn't included until after Holden spent almost a week trying to defend it.

https://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-485706.html

You're free to believe this was always included in the text, but clearly it wasn't or people wouldn't have had to spend all that time arguing with Holden about it.
>>
>>49426770
I wish it was like some RPGs I've seen where there's one paragraph showing the power/charm/etc. effect in universe and a second paragraph detailing the mechanical event.

>>49426872
>>49426889
They're both terrible.
>>
>>49426514
Oh gee anon I don't know let me just crack open my infernals 3e core book
>>
>>49428047
You're from the future? How long time does it take for the complete 3e line to come out and is it shit like we all expect?
>>
>>49428255
its not done yet
its all pretty good but people here are angry none the less
so nothing has changed
>>
File: 1331975433498.jpg (95KB, 560x702px) Image search: [Google]
1331975433498.jpg
95KB, 560x702px
Alright so, I've not payed any attention since the Scroll of Errata came out due to IRL shit- how has Exalted evolved? Is this 3e worth bothering with or should I stick to the old 2e? Hell, is 2.5 worth bothering with?
>>
>>49429408
3e is a pile of shit, but it's nicer, more solid shit than 2e or 2.5.
>>
>>49429408

3e is a dramatic improvement over 2e and 2.5e; 2.5e was itself a pretty big improvement over 2e for basically everyone.

There's basically no reason to use 2.Xe though; even people who were married to splats like Infernals and Alchemicals resolved to just convert them to 3e rather than go back.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 840x700px
The talk of Infernals earlier reminds me that I will never get to play one. Or am Abyssal, for that matter.

I just wanna try something besides Solars for once ;_;
>>
>>49429408
3e is better, to the tune of actually being a very good rpg.
It also only has the core book right now. Read it and judge if you would rather play it and just homebrew whatever you need or use 2.5 that has everything already there but is shit
>>
>>49429659
>only core
Aw man, and I was thinking of doing a dragonblooded game.

... how difficult is it to convert between the two.

Actually, how different IS 3e?
>>
>>49429749

different enough that conversions take some rolling up of sleeves and elbow grease
>>
>>49429584
I'm not even married to Infernals and I'm running a 2.5e game, your argument is invalid.

>>49429621
Are you available monday afternoons GMT?
>>
Do you take Craft as a caste ability, or do you need to take the subset abilities like Craft(Artifact) and Craft(weapon) as separate caste abilities?
>>
Are there perfect defenses in 3e? If not, how am I supposed to survive suplexing Malfeas?
>>
>>49431603
>Are there perfect defenses in 3e?
Sort of, but they all have conditions now.

>If not, how am I supposed to survive suplexing Malfeas?
You aren't. This isn't Godbound, Solars are supposed to be people tuned up to 11, not cartoon characters on a power trip
>>
>>49431614
That was an exaggeration, but Solars explicitly fought and killed Primordials. Now, mind, that was generally circles of Exalts working together, often supported by Dragonblooded, but even so, a Solar Exalt (of highish Essence) was a credible threat to a Primordial.
>>
If given the option, which would you take at chargen?

>One Supernal ability up to Ess 5 (as per the book)

>Three Supernals at Ess 3 (rising with Perm Ess Score, so esentially Ess+2)

>Five Supernals at Ess 2 (rising with Perm Ess Score, so esentially Ess+1)
>>
>>49431688
that completely depends on the character. but normally one of the first two.
>>
So I haven't gotten around to 3rd edition, because my group has been running a very longstanding 2e game and we didn't want to change anything until it was over, but last week we finally finished. So I decide to check out 3e, so I start perusing about it online (I hadn't been paying attention to it before) and I find out they removed the Daystar from canon.

What.
The.
FUUUUUUUUCK!?

What possible reason would there be to do this? That was one of the best parts of the setting, the IM series on it was excellent, there is literally no reason to get rid of it. So what does Sol do now, fucking walk everywhere? Explain this horseshit!
>>
>>49431938
The sun still rises, crosses Creation and sets each day. It's just not a spaceship anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 1024x748px
>>49430766
Sorry for the late reply! Yeah, I am, why?
>>
>>49431938
The daystar was fucking retarded. That's why it's gone.
>>
>>49431957
That's just stupid.

>>49431970
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>49431957
Well what the fuck is it then? Do you expect me to believe a big ball of fire just navigates itself across the sky?
>>
>>49431976
>That's just stupid.
>>49431978
>Well what the fuck is it then? Do you expect me to believe a big ball of fire just navigates itself across the sky?

......I feel like I'm being trolled
>>
>>49431982
I'm not this guy >>49431978
I know they replaced it with a normal sun, I just don't get the reason for the change. What possible reason could there be for removing so much from such a perfect setting?
>>
>>49431976
>WHAAA, my shitty tastes got called out!

>>49431982
Best to just ignore this faggot. He's either trolling or retarded, or a trolling retard with shitty tastes.
>>
>>49431982
No no no, explain to me exactly how a big ball of fire goes from one side of creation to the other every day without error. Fire can't just pilot itself! It made sense when it was a giant spaceship, because how else was it suppose to keep to it's course and not get eaten by fae-shitters? But now apparently it's just fire.

Well, how does it get from point A to B? Do they fire it out of a cannon? Is is a sorcerers effect? Is it pulled by a team of fire elementals? And how exactly is the sun protected? I doubt replacing it is exactly easy!

This is creation! You can't just say "oh it's a ball of plasma that orbits-" orbits WHAT exactly, creation is neither round nor operates under the rules of physics as we understand them! The sun must have SOME way of going from dock to dock, or wherever to stays at night.
>>
>>49431992
Stated goal was to take it back to the 1e aesthetic of mythic, high fantasy. The writers made a choice to reduce the amount of definite answer to questions and remove stuff that doesn't fit the Conan the Barbarian feel. Essentially rubbing out the edges of the map and writing "here there be dragons".

This had the advantage of also making their jobs easier because they don't have to write nearly as much - they can give a couple of vague ideas and then say "it's your game, you decide what it is".

If you want the Sun to be a hyper tech airship armed with WMDs and crewed by the souls of the virtuous dead; plucked from the cycle of reincarnation Sol Invictus, then it can be.

If you want it to be a big ball of fire that moves according to ancient astrology and is slowly counting down to the end of the world unless the PCs figure out how to correct it, then it can be.

If, like me, you want it to be The Ebon Dragon's fetich soul, enslaved by Sol to pass over Creation without ever touching it, as a trophy and one final FUCK YOU! to the Yozi, then it can be.
>>
>>49432028
So, more magic, less magitech. Well shit is there still power armor and mechas?
>>
>>49432035
>Power Armor

Not so far

>Mechas

Yes, but they're rare as hens teeth, rather than every other Dragonblood having a garage full of them. The Realm having TWO that actually work is nothing short of a miracle.
>>
>>49432048
That might be even worse than removing the daystar, one of the best things about Exalted was that it had something for everyone. If you wanted to have a group with a European style knight, a super martial artist, a wizard and a mad scientist you easily could. This just sounds lazy to me. They didn't want to write the rules and stats for everything so they essentially pawned it off on GMs.
>>
>>49432067
It was a stylistic choice based on what the majority of fans wanted. Live with it or convert the 2e shit you want to the new mechanics.

They also de-canonised my husbando Lytek, but you think that removed him from my games?
>>
>>49432085
In what world did most fans want that stuff gone? I have NEVER seen anyone complain about it, in any medium, including this general.
>>
>>49432085
>It was a stylistic choice based on what the majority of fans wanted.
Citation needed. All I've seen is its what the DEVs wanted.
>>
>>49432100
They wanted 1e back, so that's what they were given

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEAM_fields
>>
>>49432106
Suddenly I see why I never see anyone wanting to play a 3e game, people have realized it's shit. I remember seeing a theoretical single combat round summary that lasted four paragraphs, and included dozens of charms and counter-charms, and hundreds of dice rolled, and I knew it was going to be a complicated mess, but that's nothing new for Exalted. I had no idea the lack of games starting was because they had gutted the setting.
>>
>>49431603
>Are there perfect defenses in 3e?

Usually, they remove dices from the attack - if all the dices are removed, the attack is voided. If not, the attack still hit. It's not perfect by any mean, but you can still cancel attack if you try very hard. It's great.

>If not, how am I supposed to survive suplexing Malfeas?

Malfeas' attack would usually be in the environmental damage table, and several charms allows you to cancel environment damage.

Solars are still quite potent and can raise to absurd powerlevel, but it is streamlined now. No perfects.
>>
>>49432150
>streamlined
In my experience, that means "less variety."
>>
>>49432150
Seven Shadow Evasion still works as normal, usually.

>>49431193
Caste covers all subgroups, like with Martial Arts or Lore, even if all those Abilities are inconsistent with how their subgroups work.
>>
>>49432008

And it has to travel through Xibalba so it gets to the correct dock to leave from next morning.

*nods sagely*
>>
>>49432106
What?
>>
>>49432177
Yeah, it was the wrong link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdWKXvlt0do
>>
>>49430766
>>49431965
Gonna be heading to sleep, but just in case the thread dies before I check again, I'll go ahead and drop my skype. siegemonkeys, should be the one with the paladin telling his squire to smite all the evil.
>>
>>49432162
>In my experience, that means "less variety."

If anything, the new Solar charms are even more varied than the olds. A starting Solar can still withstand a volcano eruption, destroy entire armies, or suplex a train, but now it's not automatic success charms. Autosux mostly sux.

Look at the new cascading strength charms. None autosux, but taken together you can hurl a house two hundred meters away if you try. Just no autosux on that house throwing.

The only place that philosophy is not implemented correctly is the new Craft, but the new Craft has been conclusively proven to be an error again and again. Just ignore the new Craft system like almost everybody.
>>
>>49431659
>a Solar Exalt (of highish Essence) was a credible threat to a Primordial.
They aren't meant to fight Primordials one-on-one. That's a daunting feat even for a Solar. If they're dueling anything, it's the Third Circle Deva that's masterminding whatever they're trying to stop the Primordial from doing, after learning about its role and nature, and developing a plan to capitalize on its weakness.

That is how the Primordials were fought.
>>
>>49433083
>They aren't meant to fight Primordials one-on-one
No shit- as I said, they fought them, when they did (and they did, else the Neverborn wouldn't be) they did in groups, supported by shittons of dragonblooded. But a single Exalt is a threat to a Primordial, if not a large one. Like how a dingo is a threat to a human, albeit not a serious one.
>>
>>49433304
The point is, a Solar isn't going to punch a mountain, he's going to climb the mountain and punch the mountain king. Every Exalt is a threat to the Primordials, but there's a clear difference in scale between the way the Exalted do things and the way the Primordials do things.
>>
>>49432162
The phrase "streamlined" probably does not apply to Exalted 3e, except in the sense of "it's not awful and broken like 2e was." There is definitely more variety, more Charms, more effects, more options.
>>
>>49432008
The sun is implied to be much more tightly interconnected with the Unconquered Sun himself, rather than being a rocket ship he doesn't even fly on and that can't be related to the setting or game at all in any way shape or form.

>>49432035
There not being magitech means the word is forbidden and there's not stuff that's obviously just some piece of modern/sci-fi technology with the word "MAGIC" scribbled on it. There are still Warstriders.
>>
How much does the death of a 2nd Circle demon effect it's 3rd Circle? And what happens to the 2nd Circle's 1st Circle demons?
>>
>>49433546
>How much does the death of a 2nd Circle demon effect it's 3rd Circle? And what happens to the 2nd Circle's 1st Circle demons?

it changes how the 3CD defines itself, but most 2CDs have enough cult to be re-formed basically intact.

It has the same effect on 1CDs as a system lord's death had on his Jaffa in Stargate. They get folded into another demon's entourage or flee to another layer of Malfeas and go rogue
>>
Does anyone have a good source of character art? Alternatively, any good Night caste art?
>>
File: Black Market Pepe.jpg (65KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
Black Market Pepe.jpg
65KB, 500x487px
>>49434162
>>49434162
>Alternatively, any good Night caste art?
>>
File: Nihonjin.jpg (38KB, 599x341px) Image search: [Google]
Nihonjin.jpg
38KB, 599x341px
>>49434162
>>
>>49432048
Mnemon is so cute. Sometimes I forget she rips and tears out people's guts to cast auguries.
>>
File: 1404741239055.jpg (132KB, 630x800px)
1404741239055.jpg
132KB, 630x800px
>>49434162

that's pretty nonspecific, isn't it?
>>
I'm kind of conflicted on the magictech stuff. Sometimes it feels as if the setting is just a random mishmash of stuff that doesn't fit together.

I think part of the problem is that sometimes it feels as if creation is too small and interconnected.

I don't how to explain it. The only thing I know for sure is that the Daystar was stupid.

>>49434887
I remember one quest on Anonkun had a sexscene where Mnemon got her ass fisted.
>>
File: 1460151806296.jpg (77KB, 530x768px)
1460151806296.jpg
77KB, 530x768px
While we're begging for character art, anyone got some art with hookswords or similar? My snake stylist needs a pic.
>>
looking at 2e anima(but also kinda works for 3)

never really like the Soalr Anima powers. I suggest the following "fixes":

Dawn Drop the current power, move Twilight's ability here.

Twilight Drop current power, move Eclipse's "any charm" ability here

Eclipse Drop the ability to learn any charm.
>>
>>49435644
why eclipse as able to learn anything, not twilight?
>>
File: 1404770401977.jpg (75KB, 416x600px)
1404770401977.jpg
75KB, 416x600px
>>49435644

twilights need hardness because you know damn well they're always nerds who get scared and don't wanna die last-second after one turn where they get fisted by any combative foe.

>>49435591

i thought of this image but imagined the swords were....much more hook-like in my head.
>>
>>49435644
>Twilight Drop current power, move Eclipse's "any charm" ability here

Drop the whole Twilight power? Because fuck that, teleporting wizards was awesome
>>
>>49435644
That's stupid.
>>
>>49435695
Hookswords are not exactly the most common weapon, it's understandable.
>>
File: bump.jpg (55KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
55KB, 500x355px
>>
>>49432123

If that was the Ahlat one shot build, I am going to laugh at you.

Also

>dozens of charms

Nigga if you can activate 24 charms in one attack I'll be impressed. Not only that you have 24 charms to use on an attack but also how one could pay for it all.
>>
>>49433360

>The point is, a Solar isn't going to punch a mountain, he's going to climb the mountain and punch the mountain king.

He still can punch the mountain. Feats of Strength exist for this reason.
>>
>>49432171
heyyy there salamander man
>>
>>49438266
And then someone took this as a challenge to make a mote engine build.
>>
So I had a lot of time to think about things today while driving when running errands then waiting in the drive through. But before I post I have two questions to ask.

How did Infernals stack up against Solars and the other Exalts in 2e and then 2.5e?

What do you think of Exalted's mechanics compared to other RPGs?

>>49438987
>And then someone took this as a challenge to make a mote engine build.

EarthScorpion on SV right? I kind of like the idea a little. How there's a reason why you want to bring your Anima Banner out when for most Exalts you want to keep a low profile.
>>
>>49440342
>How did Infernals stack up against Solars and the other Exalts in 2e and then 2.5e?
Infernals were hyper-evolved to survive in 2e's "perfect or die" environment, so they stacked up favorably against most Exalts.

2.5e moved to a "soak is king, your perfect is a sometimes food" dynamic which broke them and left them crying in a puddle.

In terms of non-combat stuff Infernals got the most fancy toys, because at that point in the line everyone realized that nobody important would ever fall prey to a social influence or a keyword attack, so they may as well be cool and useless instead of just useless.

>What do you think of Exalted's mechanics compared to other RPGs?
They're hefty and unwieldy sometimes, but honestly I haven't found any that scratch the same itch, and usually other "Exalted-killer" systems trade having none of Exalted's flaws for also having none of its high points, so here I am, and probably here I'll be forever.
>>
>>49433456
>>49432259
I did get a look at the pre-release PDF rules, half the Solar charms don't need to exist, the benefits of moving up a charm tree are marginal and most of them seem pointless. Unless serious changes were made, I stand by my opinion that 3e is shit.
>>
So are 3e Abyssals still going to be ability based?
>>
>>49441263

Probably?
>>
>>49441263

As they always have been, being Solar mirrors. What's more interesting is that Infernals will be as well.
>>
I can't decide if the villainess should be an Abyssal or an Infernal.
>>
>>49441326

What villainess? Describe her.
>>
>>49441326
Flip a coin, I guess.

But seriously, I'd say Abyssals are better for understated villains, while Infernals are balls to the walls.
>>
>>49441263
Yes. They are going to be Black Infernals, just with their Charms flavored by different Deathlords rather than Yozi.

So Resistance is the First and Forsaken Lion tree and you get a bunch of Charms themed around his giant set of armor.

Presence (or Performance, I forget) will be based around the Lover so it'll have a bunch of seductive powers. I don't know if the rape ghosts or sex ghouls will still be part of it though.
>>
>>49441277
>>49441285
I'm only asking due to the preview talking about how charms are going to be based on the Deathlords. Reminds me of Infernals.
>>
>>49441070
Here's your (You).
>>
>>49441494
Oh okay. That makes sense I suppose.

I wonder how much effect which Deathlord you serve will have.
>>
>>49441552
It's all in the Abyssals preview they released a couple years ago, if you can still find it anywhere.
>>
>>49441070

> the benefits of moving up a charm tree are marginal

Because clearly dodging a mountain falling on top of you is pointless.
>>
>>49441622
I know it mentions how the relationship has been changed to more master and apprentice but I'm just wondering if which Deathlord you serve will have any effect on your charms Probably not though.
>>
>>49441532
>>49441858
Clearly you two either got a different 3e leak than I did, or you're retarded. This is the 3e capstone Archery charm.

Whispered Prayer of Judgement
1 mote, Archery 5 Essence 5, Supplemental
After using an Aim action, the Solar may use this charm to charge her shot with wrathful essence, adding (Essence) damage to the attack.

And that's it. That's the capstone. No other Archery charm has higher or even equal requirements. That is marginal. It should be an E5 expansion to another charm, not it's own effect. But hey, if the official release changed things please say so, I severely hope it did.
>>
I really like Infernals so here’s my thoughts about what I want out of 3e Infernals. The biggest with what I want out of 3e Infernals is that they would have to be the core Exalted in which everything is based around. Plus the massive amounts of charms.

I got introduced to Exalted back in I think 2013. When the Kickstarter was already going on. I got introduced to Exalted through fanfiction. Starting with EarthScorpion’s A Green Sun Illuminates the Void and then other crossovers mostly involving character getting Infernal Exaltations. I read about all the cool things they could do like their green acid like fire.

So basically I got introduced to Exalted through Infernals when 2e was finished. Going over the material and stuff I’ve come to the conclusion I don’t think I would have liked them If I had been playing since 2e began and my introduction was solely through their core book. I say this because what I like most about Infernals comes from The Broken Winged Crane and all of the fan written charms for the other Yozi. I admit that I don’t particularly like the Caste Yozi though I admit that I really like a lot of SWLIHN’s charms. Hegra, Elloge, Oramus, Metagaos, and the others all have really cool charms and themes that I love way more than those that belong to the five core Caste Yozi. Though I admit I also like how much of a backstabbing dick the Ebon Dragon can be.

Then there’s two more things that I really love about Infernals that come from The Broken Winged Crane. One is the concept of Heretical Charms. The idea of taking parts of concepts belonging to different Yozi then fusing them and making an entirely new charm that only Infernals can use is awesome. Then the second thing I love from Broken Winged Crane is of course Devil-Tigers. Transcending your humanity and becoming your Primordial that unlike the Yozi is not bound, crippled, or inflexible as they are. Seriously, Devil-Tigers are awesome.

(to be continued)
>>
>>49441957
So moving on to Infernals in 3e. I both like and dislike the idea of the Infernals being ability based. On one hand it makes things so much similar and easier. But at the same time I’m worried about losing access to Yozi charms. But I suppose it could work. The preview charms look okay. Ideally they’ll have charms calling on the abilities of Yozi other than just Malfeas, Cecelyne, SWLIHN, Adorjan, and the Ebon Dragon. Though it’s probably not going to happen considering the massive charm bloat that would cause plus all the overlapping. I just really want to harness the power of the Yozi.

I did float the idea of instead of having access to Solar Circle sorcery they have an alternate Yozi themed sorcery circle or something.

Maybe if anyone is still playing Exalted when Infernals come out 50 years from now they’ll write a bunch of charms reflecting all the cool Yozi like Hegra, Elloge, Oramus, and Metagaos.

I just really want 3e Infernals to have the ability to become Devil-Tiger or something like it. That was my favorite part of Infernals and what really drew me to them. It reminded me of becoming a Daemon Prince in Warhammer but better. Maybe

The new Shintai stuff looks really cool. Maybe it’s the answer to my desire for Devil-Tigers. Somehow it will eventually let you become something like one. Even if it doesn’t the new Shintai stuff is interesting.

Of course the main issue with a lot of this stuff is not to make them way more powerful than Solars which are of course the main Exalted type.
>>
>>49441938

Nope, still the same. If it makes you feel any better I too think that charm is a pile of shit. Adding +ESS to decisive is good for 1m, but adding +ESS to Withering? At ESS 5? That's horseshit, it should be Essence 1 at most. A damage adder that Archery desperately fucking needs.

There are a few charms that don't make sense like that one, but the majority of other charms are fairly good.

...Except craft. Don't care what you say about it as everyone else hates it and thinks its shit.
>>
>>49441979

Ability based charms are infinitely easier for design. When you make Yozi based trees, its "Oh for Malfeas I need to make Malfeas combat, Malfeas Resistance, Malfeas Social, Malfeas crafting... then do the same thing but in a completely different way for another Yozi." Its tiring as shit.

Ability based means you can just have Brawl, but then do things like Infernal Monster Brawl, Malfeas Brawl charms, Isidoros Brawl charms, etc... easily, as each of them can be their own little combat tree within the style. Likewise if you want to add a new Yozi you don't need to sadface about paying out of caste experience for them, rather you can just drop them into the abilities and go.
>>
>>49442123
>Ability based charms are infinitely easier for design. When you make Yozi based trees, its "Oh for Malfeas I need to make Malfeas combat, Malfeas Resistance, Malfeas Social, Malfeas crafting... then do the same thing but in a completely different way for another Yozi." Its tiring as shit.
>Ability based means you can just have Brawl, but then do things like Infernal Monster Brawl, Malfeas Brawl charms, Isidoros Brawl charms, etc... easily, as each of them can be their own little combat tree within the style. Likewise if you want to add a new Yozi you don't need to sadface about paying out of caste experience for them, rather you can just drop them into the abilities and go.

True very true.
>>
>>49442079
But that's just an example. People bitch about charm bloat, then in 3e there's even more. And so many of these charms are so minor, they're just speed bumps to better things. They serve no other real purpose.
>>
>>49441979

Also to add, there is nothing wrong with having charms based on a yozi rather than having charms of the Yozi themselves. It made fighting the Yozi's a pain the ass in case you ever got to them, and oh look your Infernal character cries as he isn't even able to use them against his Yozi parent.

Devil Tigers were also shit, but not in the way you may think I say they're as. Devil Tigers are locked behind a very high essence gate, often around the the time most games end. You see all these people making Devil Tiger sets and "Me" charms... only to fail and realize that getting there is going to take a damn, damn long time. Even if you get access to them it'll likely be near the end of the game itself! You may be using them for an arc or two, but that's it! They're basically nothing more than "Happily ever after" charms, which are pointless as I've seen games where a Lunar became the Ebon Dragon after devouring its hearts blood, so becoming a Primordial is just a *plot* level effect that isn't out of the question for the big thing a character does in nearly any major game.

>>49442192

I'm not going deny there's some useless charms. Hell I believe people when they say you can cut 1/3rd of the charms out entirely or replace sections of them (EX: Universal charms that let you double numbers, reroll/cascade, etc...) but saying 2/3rds or the vast majority is a joke.

Hell, I had a friend who said he wanted the charm section in 3e to be shorter in length than 2e (Just core). I thought he was high on crack.
>>
>>49442264
If the charms wwere all useful, interesting and made you feel like it was worth the effort to learn, I wouldn't mind hat either. It's better than sifting through crap to get the good parts.

"Hey, if you fuck a hundred unwashed disgusting landwhales with herpes, there's twenty smoking hot chicks mixed in you get to fuck too! Or, there's 10 hot chicks over there, you can just...have them I guess. But don't you want more hot chicks? More hot chicks makes all the fat ones worth it right?" Which would you choose, honestly.
>>
>>49441979

The ability based charms for Infernals are a good thing, and not being able to access Yozi charms is as well, here's why.

The Infernals getting Yozi charms that were divorced from ability hurt the infernals due to the way that favouring charmsets works. Out of 25 abilities, Solars could favour 10 of them, meaning that they could take two fifths of the total charm set for the reduced XP cost. Infernals had 5 Yozi charmsets, and could purchase two fifths for the reduced XP cost. Then a charmset for Kimbery was published, and a design flaw became apparent. The Infernals could now favour less than two fifths of their charmset, and this problem would only get exasperated by accommodating more Yozi. Furthermore, all charms had to be withi a certain Yozis' "theme" which means that there was no support for War, Ride, or Bureaucracy.

Ability based charmsets allow you to accomodate any and every Yozi while not missing out on any Ability. You can have multiple Yozi on one ability and even make Heretical charms from them? See how in Melee Multiattacks and counterattacks to make Flashing Edge of Dawn? Or how Lightning Strikes Twice beings together Grappling and regular attacks? Same concept and mechanical outcome.

Ability based charms also mean that the Yozi are n longer robots who are incapable of acting on anything that doesn't fall outside their charmset. They can be nuanced, three dimensional beings.

The Devil-Tiger stuff was interesting, but too much so. Every Infernal game became an arms race to Essence 5 to fip the Yozi the bird, and ten required homebrewing an entire charmset from scratch with no guide or instructions. Exigents corner that market now, but the devs have said that the Infernals will get something similar to DTs from the start, but the new paradig on its own will be worth exploring as well.

As an aside. Shintais will be the Inferals "thing" like Solar Supernals, Lunar shapeshifting, or Sidereal Astrology.
>>
>>49442312

Depends on what you consider to be good bits. Some people may consider Hail Shattering Practice or Excellent Strike as crappy effects, but then when you can see how bullshit they can be in a clash I often see people change their mind.
>>
>>49441938
Dude, 1m for +(Essence) damage on basically every decisive attack you want it to apply to is good. I'm not sure if it can be applied to every shot in a multiattack made after aim, but if it can, it goes from "cheap and useful" to "completely over the top." (There's a Charm in the Archery tree that lets you reflexively make an Aim action for 1m 1wp, in case you were unaware.)

For comparison, Single Point has an equivalent E1 Charm that boosts decisive damage - it costs 6m and adds (Dex/2, round up).

There are speedbump, waste of space, Charms - Threefold Magnetic Ardor is a waste of motes, and Gathering Light Concentration is terrible for a Solar - but Whispered Prayer of Judgment isn't one of them.
>>
Alright you've convinced that ability based Infernals are a good idea. I recognized some of the benefits you mentioned but I just liked a of the Yozi charms, though going over things again I've realized the charms I really liked were mainly fan created ones for the other Yozi.

>>49442367
>The Devil-Tiger stuff was interesting, but too much so. Every Infernal game became an arms race to Essence 5 to fip the Yozi the bird, and ten required homebrewing an entire charmset from scratch with no guide or instructions. Exigents corner that market now, but the devs have said that the Infernals will get something similar to DTs from the start, but the new paradig on its own will be worth exploring as well.
>>49442264
>Devil Tigers were also shit, but not in the way you may think I say they're as. Devil Tigers are locked behind a very high essence gate, often around the the time most games end. You see all these people making Devil Tiger sets and "Me" charms... only to fail and realize that getting there is going to take a damn, damn long time. Even if you get access to them it'll likely be near the end of the game itself! You may be using them for an arc or two, but that's it! They're basically nothing more than "Happily ever after" charms, which are pointless as I've seen games where a Lunar became the Ebon Dragon after devouring its hearts blood, so becoming a Primordial is just a *plot* level effect that isn't out of the question for the big thing a character does in nearly any major game.

Do you think Devil-Tigers should have been mentioned in the lore as a possible end for an Infernal but not have the charms written out? Pure lore but no mechanics, just a mention that it's possible.
>>
>>49442743

Well, there's no "should have" because Infernals haven't been published yet. As for Devil-Tiger lore, I don't think that there was anything about it even in the original splat. As for "should it," the fanbase sometimes takes things that only pop up once or twice and runs away with it. There's no real way to yell if referencing an non existent mechanic is the way to go.
>>
>>49442510

Not him, but I think it being Essence 5 is way over the top though. Essence 4 at least, and it being the only withering booster Archery really has until then is a piss off.

>Range is hella strong!

I just want to be able to do something against armour. Melee/Brawl has tons of options, can ranged users at least get 1?
>>
>>49442743

If its possible, let them do it out of the gate.

I've had several games where players attempted to use the "Fast forward to Devil Tiger in under 12 sessions" charop build and I get really fucking sick of it when they're so blinded by the top of the mountain when they realize they need to make a base first, or a character for that matter.
>>
>>49442935
>I just want to be able to do something against armour. Melee/Brawl has tons of options, can ranged users at least get 1?
Get an archery artifact weapon.
>>
>>49443049

Irrelevant, you can do the same for any other weapon unless you're pure unarmed.
>>
>>49443097
>Irrelevant, you can do the same for any other weapon unless you're pure unarmed.
They're not irrelevant at all. For combatants who use Charmsets such as Single Point and Archery, artifact weapons' Overwhelming boosters go a lot further, because a) they don't have native post-soak boosters, and b) they can easily make a ton of attacks (both withering and decisive) each round.
>>
>>49443179
Also, unlike the Single Point stylist, you get Immaculate Golden Bow, whereas the Single Point stylist has to make do with either a stupidly huge dip into Melee, or trying to get a Glorious Solar Reaper Daiklave homebrew Charm past their GM, if they want a soulblade.
>>
>>49442877
I was talking about Devil-Tigers in 2e. As in have Broken Winged Crane talk about the possibility but give no mechanics to do it.

>>49442994
Yeah I've heard that happens.
>>
>>49432028
>If, like me, you want it to be The Ebon Dragon's fetich soul, enslaved by Sol to pass over Creation without ever touching it, as a trophy and one final FUCK YOU! to the Yozi, then it can be.

Is your Conky just that salty or what
>>
>>49442935
Don't fire withering attacks and instead use decisive attacks like Solar Spike and the OP evocation from Moonlight Huntress
>>
>>49444825
Incarnae feel the death of their Exalted personally in my Creation. Likewise them increasing their permanent Essence is a little orgasm to them. So many Exalts died laying low the Yozi that at the end of the War, each of them did something they would regret forever. Sol's was binding to Creation something that he knew to be too dangerous, in defiance of his Principles (formally Motivation) for Creation's protection.

Unrelated, but each of these regrets corresponds to one of the Seals of Autobot, so resolving each of these Sins is one option for bringing him back to Creation.
>>
What skills are needed to make poisons? Medicine or craft poison?

Also how do you use craft artifacts and craft cooking ?
>>
>>49409772
Somebody remind me, when were the monkeys promising to put out the DBs book?
>>
>>49446097
>>
>>49446075

To create a poison would be craft.To harvest poison from snakes or other venomous animals would be survival.

If you're asking if there are any artefact consumables such as potions or elixers of life, then no, there aren't.
>>
>>49431965
Well the Temur are clearly Wood Aspect. Maybe with some Fire and Water, but mainly wood.
>>
>>49446214
Ok fine more specific question:
when are we gonna start laughing at them for being late with it?
>>
>>49446746
I already am
>>
>>49446810
fairenuf
>>
>>49432067
They will have rules for warstriders. In fact its going to be in the very next book.
Also the realm has more than two, i think the words the core uses are 'scarce handful'
>>
>>49448326

remember when they were referred to as that and suddenly /exg/ was filled with bitching about how "muh magitech" was being taken away? when the problem with 2e was that it was a fucking walmart of magical items and bullshit when it came to it.
>>
>>49448835
The problem with warstriders in 2e wasnt only that they were everywhere, but also that they were kind of garbage. I mean its sort of takes away from the coolness of giant robots when those robots are all over and a dude with a big sword could take them out
>>
>>49448835
>when the problem with 2e was that it was a fucking walmart of magical items and bullshit when it came to it.

"Pen that can write in multiple colors" is definitely a walmart sort of artifact, yes.
>>
>>49427249

That's where I'm at too. Dragon-Blooded is make or break on whether 3E is worth investing money in.
>>
File: 1422562400127.png (515KB, 719x693px)
1422562400127.png
515KB, 719x693px
>tfw they could just fucking release fluff books instead of wasting everyone's time waiting for Deebs to come out
Motherfucker, just release the new Compass of Terrestrial Directions, detail the new locations, maybe throw in an artifact or a new god or two, and be done with it. Would've given us SOMETHING to tide us over.
>>
>>49450555

Nah man, have some charm cards that have already been made better and faster by the fans fifty times since the first leaks. Arms of the Chosen can wait.

Isn't the Realm Compass being folded into the DB book?
>>
>>49450607
I wonder if they can even make the Blessed Isle interesting outside of the brewing Realm Civil War.
>>
>>49450626
Maybe recast it as the HRE, with the major houses standing in for Austria+Electors, and minor houses standing in for Free Cities and the like? Lots of internal interest to be had that way.
>>
>>49450645
That's really the thing that bothered me with the Blessed Isle book in 2e was that it didn't really have a lot about cities outside of the Imperial City.
>>
>>49449353
I'm not sure I get your point. Yeah some of the artifacts were dumb and kinda pointless, that's what artifact 1 isn't a thing anymore. What's that have to do with the fact that warstriders were dumb in 2e because they were all over.
>>
>>49450680
This is a general problem with Exalted, the entire WORLD is short on cities. The map is big and empty, and the line writers have kept talking about relations between (place) and (other place 1000 miles away, but it was the nearest thing on the map).
>>
>>49450770
It was way better in 1e where I think the world was about the size of the Mediterranean Sea region.

Anyways, does Immaculate Philosophy teach that the Anathema were always corrupt, or that they were good than went corrupt?
>>
>>49450607
To be fair, the charm cards were a backer reward so I think theyre obligated to get those out before new books.
>>
>>49450909
There's two schools of thought that I've seen: one is that Anathema are always-evil demons who stole the power of the Sun and Moon and go around posing as humans, the other is that Anathema are demon-possessed people who may have been good but will now inevitably become corrupt from demonic influence unless you kill or exorcise them (and exorcism has never worked so far).
>>
>>49417075

You mixed up Hun and Po.
>>
So how the fuck do Resplendent Destinies work anyway? What is Endurance and how do you use it? Scratch that, how does Astrology work?
>>
>>49452631
>So how the fuck do Resplendent Destinies work anyway?
What are you asking? They're essentially a magical disguise you can take on and off that comes prepackaged with some special abilities to help you blend in as [thing].

>What is Endurance and how do you use it?
It's just a pool of points that you can spend to power RD abilities. When you hit Endurance 0 the RD unravels.

>Scratch that, how does Astrology work?
By and large it doesn't. Too many rolls at too high of a difficulty and cost to make it worth bothering with. Resplendent Destinies are basically the only part worth using unless your ST has rewritten it to be better.
>>
>>49450914
No one has to, or wants to be fair here.

To be fair.
>>
>>49452752

>What are you asking?

Is it an actual disguise? An Illusion? A shaping effect? Something else? Is it just a change of clothes and make up or something more akin to shapeshifting?

>By and large it doesn't.

What about the Astrology charms in Glories? Is buying dots in the Colleges like a second table of abilities?
>>
>>49452843
>Is it an actual disguise? An Illusion? A shaping effect? Something else? Is it just a change of clothes and make up or something more akin to shapeshifting?
It's never elaborated on, but it's not a shaping effect or an illusion that can be pierced in the normal sense (EotUCS aside as it has to go out of its way to do so).

As far as I know it's purely an "identity." Everyone looking at the Sidereal sees the same face that they always have, but they register on their brain as "Wun Fu my new kung-fu teacher," and people don't easily connect that to "Chi Lo, Chosen of Serenity," even if they actually know Chi Lo (and Arcane Fate works to make sure they don't).

If you meet the same Sid under two different Destinies, the same thing happens: you might even describe them as identical, but your brain just doesn't go "Wait those are the same person down to the mole on the cheek." And then once the Destiny ends, the Loom gradually wipes away all evidence that Wun Fu ever existed at all, so you forget even that Wun Fu and Chi Lo looked the same, because you forget what Wun Fu even looked like.

>What about the Astrology charms in Glories?
Those are OK, but still very much a sometimes food.

>Is buying dots in the Colleges like a second table of abilities?
Pretty much, which is another reason why Astrology is bad.
>>
>>49452999

Thanks. I've been on a Sidereal bender recently and you've helped clean up a bit of confusion.

Do we know how Astrology will be handled? We know that Sidereals had short, esoteric charmsets and folding college ability trees and astrology charms into the native charmset could help quite a bit. But that still leaves Ascending/Descending Destinies to fix.
>>
>>49453081
>Do we know how Astrology will be handled?
No, it's too far out for even the devs to really say anything concrete about it. In discussions they seemed to have at least more or less agreed with what the problems were, so there is that.

>We know that Sidereals had short, esoteric charmsets and folding college ability trees and astrology charms into the native charmset could help quite a bit. But that still leaves Ascending/Descending Destinies to fix.
Quite.

To be honest I don't think Astrology's actual baseline effects need much tweaking; dramatically reducing the costs to get there would be sufficient.

Of course, this being Ex3e, the fan answer has already been "just do sorcerous workings again"

I'm going to get really bored of every discussion about weird stuff in the setting being short-circuited into "it's obviously a working, end criticalthought.exe"
>>
So in regards to the fact that 3e Infernals are ability based whose charms are enhanced by the Yozi, do you think in the core book we'll charms flavored by Yozi other than Malfeas, Cecelyne, SWLIHN, Adorjan, and the Ebon Dragon?
>>
>>49453848
>3e Infernals
>>
>>49453848
Speaking of, do we have any ideas when the other exaltations are coming?
>>
>>49453848

I would expect to see far more Charms flavored by particular Demons than particular Yozi, but insofar as the "Yozi-touched" Charms no I wouldn't expect them to stick to the Reclamation Five.
>>
>>49453081
I don't know how Sidereal Astrology ~will~ be handled, but how I ~would~ handle it is to make all of the Sidereal's Charms based on it. Their Excellencies would be used to supplement their Astrological workings, and they could use those to supplement their regular rolls, except that they'd have Infernal-esque thematic limitations where they can support anything that fits into a certain type of destiny even if it doesn't fit the associated mundane Ability.

>>49453152
To be fair, Sorcerous Workings genuinely are the answer to everything. It's not a problem with the fanbase's "critical" thought, so much as a problem with Sorcery.
>>
>>49453848

That's pretty much the main pull of having ability based charms. See >>49442367

>>49453976

None of that shit is even on the horizon.
>>
>>49453848
Honestly it depends entirely on how they decide to do Infernal Charms.

If they decide to set each tree up as a random jumbled grab bag (you a Malfeas charm that serves as a pre-requisite for a SWLiHN Charm which in turn serves as a pre-req for an Adorjan Charm) there's no reason not to have all of the Yozi's represented. Of course then characters will basically have a jumbled mess of Charms without any particularly strong themes which could be seen as a drawback.

If they decide to stick to a stronger theme (Resistance, Presence and Brawl are all Malfeas charmsets) then it could get tricky to have all of the different Yozi represented. You could give each Yozi one Ability, but that kind of fails when you try to boil a Yozi down to just a single Ability - would you want the Ebon Dragon Ability to be be Stealth? Socialize? Larceny?

They could also have multiple "Yozi trees" in each Charmset. For example, Brawl might have a tree of Malfeas themed Brawl Charms, as well as a tree of Isidoros themed Brawl Charms and a tree of Qaf themed Brawl Charms. Of course, the issue with that is that when you offer two or three or more entire trees per Ability you might not have the word count necessary to do that.

Basically there are a lot of different ways they could implement Ability based Infernals, and each method comes with its own benefits and drawbacks. They haven't said how they plan to approach this yet, so there's honestly no telling what we're going to get at this time.
>>
>>49454105
>If they decide to set each tree up as a random jumbled grab bag (you a Malfeas charm that serves as a pre-requisite for a SWLiHN Charm which in turn serves as a pre-req for an Adorjan Charm) there's no reason not to have all of the Yozi's represented. Of course then characters will basically have a jumbled mess of Charms without any particularly strong themes which could be seen as a drawback.

>If they decide to stick to a stronger theme (Resistance, Presence and Brawl are all Malfeas charmsets) then it could get tricky to have all of the different Yozi represented. You could give each Yozi one Ability, but that kind of fails when you try to boil a Yozi down to just a single Ability - would you want the Ebon Dragon Ability to be be Stealth? Socialize? Larceny?

Going by the preview it looks like all the stealth based charms were influenced by Adorjan.

>>49454105
>They could also have multiple "Yozi trees" in each Charmset. For example, Brawl might have a tree of Malfeas themed Brawl Charms, as well as a tree of Isidoros themed Brawl Charms and a tree of Qaf themed Brawl Charms. Of course, the issue with that is that when you offer two or three or more entire trees per Ability you might not have the word count necessary to do that.

That's how I would like to see it but it probably won't happen because of charm bloat and overlap.

I'm hoping that the Exigent book will help teach me how to make charms so even the Infernals book doesn't have the awesome Yozi I'll make charms for them my self.

>>49453976
>Speaking of, do we have any ideas when the other exaltations are coming?
Probably next century maybe the one after.
>>
Has anyone else noticed that in the past few weeks /exg/ has suddenly slowed to a crawl, and also frequently without a thread?
With the exception of infernal talk, we barely have anything, and it feels like a sudden change from our mild activity a month or so ago.
Not that I'm saying you infernal guys should stop, better than nothing.
>>
File: All The Cakes.png (792KB, 925x609px) Image search: [Google]
All The Cakes.png
792KB, 925x609px
>>49454392
Nothing left to say
>>
>>49454309
>Going by the preview it looks like all the stealth based charms were influenced by Adorjan.

That would make me sad because I think some of the other Yozi had pretty cool Stealth Charms and it would make me sad if those just vanished in 3rd edition.

I'd really miss it on Integrity. Several of the Yozi had awesome Integrity Charms (Mocking Silence Laughter anyone?) and it'll suck not having those anymore because they didn't fit with the Yozi who was given that Ability.
>>
File: 1427316631679.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1427316631679.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>49454406
That picture never failed to make me so, so mad.
>>
File: 1470346093142.png (774KB, 1068x688px) Image search: [Google]
1470346093142.png
774KB, 1068x688px
>>49454763
Thank god they fixed it
>>
>>49454788

Still not as good as the original.

>tfw she's one of the new iconic Lunars.
>>
>>49454788

Seriously, the look on that Lunar's face. All it says to me is that she wasn't just eating cake down there.
>>
File: Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai.jpg (389KB, 1109x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Devil Tyrant Avatar Shintai.jpg
389KB, 1109x1599px
>>49454742

Couldn't you have multiple Yozi in a single ability? Or slightly refluff a charm so that i fits with another Yozi theme?

Athletics has trees for speed, strength, jumping and balancing. Why couldn't it have the Adorjan and Isidoros go all in? You could even tie their charm trees together to get some Heretical charms!

Resistance? Qaf for soak and Hardness, Metagaos poison resistence, and you want glorious solar plate too? Throw in Malfeas to get Viridian Legend Exoskeleton and why not take Hardened Devil Body while you're at it? Presence? Malfeas can do raw force of personality while SWLiHN can tear away enemy intimacies in a logic manner. There's a combination of at least two to three Yozi available for nearly every single charm set.

Remember, evreything in the spoilers were scrapped for being shit.
>>
>>49454392

i don't know how many are in my boat but when the entire thread is infernal talk i just don't bother posting
>>
>>49454962
>Athletics has trees for speed, strength, jumping and balancing. Why couldn't it have the Adorjan and Isidoros go all in? You could even tie their charm trees together to get some Heretical charms!

You could, but that would tend to make Infernal characters have jumbled themes.

At least with the 2nd edition design each tree tended to give your character a strong theme, and it was up to you how deep you wanted to delve into other Yozi's trees.

But then for me, having a strong theme is important for a character and I hate those Exalted who feel like they lack that theme (Lunars) or who have multiple, contradictory themes (Dragon Blooded and Sidereal). I thin Sidereal and Dragon Blooded already suffer from "identity crisis" just with 5 different patrons partitioning up their Charmset. I couldn't imagine trying to take 23 different Yozi with different themes and scattering them all throughout the different Abilities.

So doing as you suggested is certainly an option, but in my mind that would basically render Infernals unenjoyable and unplayable.
>>
>>49454788
>Thank god they fixed it
>implying it was "broken" to begin with
It was placeholder art. It's not meant to be good, it's meant to tell the designers "this art goes here", so they can put the good art there before showing it to the general public. It's like a storyboard for a cartoon; it's not fluidly animated, because it's not the final product, it's a guideline for making the final product.
>>
I need pictures of mutant wyld-folk. Anyone have some to share?
>>
>>49455148

find pictures of furries that aren't obvious jacking material.

or just use jacking material and say "please, i typed in hybrid frog wolf man and this is all that came out"
>>
File: Sewer Mutants.jpg (136KB, 706x540px) Image search: [Google]
Sewer Mutants.jpg
136KB, 706x540px
>>49455148
These guys originally lived in the Firewander district of Nexus before moving underground.
>>
>>49418925
>it would be thunderingly retarded if Coadjutors were restricted by the Yozi of your caste/favored/urge/whatever.
RAW it was so in 2(.5)e
>>
>>49455126
It lets people feel outraged, which is the only important thing.
>>
>>49455126
Except they explicitly went back and fired a lot of the poser artists.
>>
>>49431614
>>Are there perfect defenses in 3e?
>Sort of, but they all have conditions now.
Wait what
>>
>>49455624

Basically, here's how it goes:

All of the 3 "perfect defenses" (HGD, SSE, AST) have a mode where you invoke them for 4m+1wp to render yourself immune to uncountable damage for the scene. Basically if Ligier tries to drop a mountain on you, you get to say "No you fight me for real, shitdick."

There the 3 Charms diverge:
SSE is the "true perfect." You activate it, you dodge an attack, no questions asked, but then you can't use it until you dodge 3 more decisive attacks using Reed in the Wind.

HGD lets you spend initiative, 1-for-1, to negate damage successes, down to 0, at which point you retroactively parried the attack. Since it doesn't care if the attack was originally blockable or not, this similarly allows you to block unblockable attacks.

AST lets you apply your soak against a decisive attack, which sounds the least impressive of all of them, until you realize that soak values can get massive compared to decisive damage pools, and some of the nastier decisive damage-boosters (like the vaunted Thunderbolt Attack Prana) are post-roll and there's no minimum damage on a decisive attack.
>>
>>49455701
Huh.
Cool.
Were the Elemental Dragon Styles in 3e/how does Water Dragon Style compare to other Dragon Styles/MAs in general?
>>
>>49454392
To us, the core already came out well over a year ago, I forget when the first leak was.
So in schedule time the core has only been out for about half a year, and miracles already came out so arms will be sometime in the future, but from out perspective all that shits old hat.
>>
>>49455816

They'll probably continue to exist in 3e, if that's what you're asking, but no they weren't put in core.

The Dragon Style Charms in the QC write-ups probably aren't going to be the final versions.
>>
>>49455816

The Dragon Styles aren't in the Core as selectable charms. They are instead in the antagonists section, and because of how they're written they have effects but no keywords or prerequisites. About 3-5 charms of each of the five styles made it into the book in this manner.
>>
Does anyone else think the fluff the book has for the Dreaming Pearl Courtesan style's final charm is completely fucking stupid?

The entire style is about being a dangerous beauty but it turns you into an eldritch abomination. I get they were going for a "true form" thing but it feels like they were trying way too hard. It can be refluffed at least, I think a succubus-type demon would be more appropriate.

But please do tell me if this is going over my head and the creature the book describes is actually something from real myth and could connect to the style.
>>
>>49455891

AFAIK the idea is that you vaguely resemble a Lung dragon but are clearly otherworldly. It's been that way since 1E, so the fans would have pitched a shitfit if Dreaming Pearl had a different capstone.
>>
>>49455891
Oh. I remember someone on the Onyx Path forum went over this a couple of months ago.

Basically the core theme the style, back when it was introduced in the 1st edition Player's Guide, was based around dreams, with the style slowly becoming more dreamlike over time (and the capstone turning you into a dream-creature). 3rd edition rephrased the style's themes, so now it's a style about courtesans instead of dreams, and that's why the capstone Charm doesn't make any sense and feels completely out of place.

Basically the author (Vance?) didn't really grasp what the primary theme of the style was when he was porting it over to 3rd edition.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/870410-a-not-quite-newb-s-read-through-of-ex3?p=929284#post929284
>>
>>49455965
>>49455969
Yeah this seems reasonable enough. It just felt so out of place and insane to me and I was thinking that it made no sense in the rest of the context of the style other than "this is my disturbing true form". I completely felt like I had to be missing something.
>>
>>49455820
Yeah it's easy to forget since it's been so long but the leaks did sort of fuck up the whole momentum of the edition so to speak. If the leaks never happened the threads would probably be pretty active right now
>>
>>49455891

I'm going to just fluff it as transforming into the legendary super Courtesan for my PC.

Hey, if Hitler can become the legendary Super Ayarian
>>
>>49456023
Yeah but at what cost? The craft flame wars would probably still be going on.
>>
>>49455573
Just the plagiarist guy
>>
>>49425137
Scourge here, I favored Malefas. I would've went with Metagoas but I wasn't sure if he even had his own charms.
>>
>>49456023
>Yeah it's easy to forget since it's been so long but the leaks did sort of fuck up the whole momentum of the edition so to speak. If the leaks never happened the threads would probably be pretty active right now

I would say that the leaks kept 3e alive. More people would have just given up and abandoned Exalted if they didn't come out.

>>49456353
>Scourge here, I favored Malefas. I would've went with Metagoas but I wasn't sure if he even had his own charms.
Here I'll post Metagoas and a bunch of other Yozi charms.
>>
>>49456353
Malfean Slayers are good as well.
>>
>>49456522
I like Oramus but I kind of wish that this doc had more crafting focus charms to go along with his Urge. Too bad Workings weren't in 2e.
>>
File: Szoreny.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Szoreny.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49456539
It's weird that Szoreny has a official Urge in the book but no charms.
>>
>>49456553
Now here's my favorite Yozi.
>>
File: Hegra Other TDO.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Hegra Other TDO.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49456561
I do wish that these Hegra charms had a little bit more variety. There's just so many things I can think of using her themes for.
>>
>>49456575
Here's my second favorite Yozi.
>>
>>49456595
Since he's made so many of these charms what does everyone think about Revlid?
>>
>>49456611
>Revlid
He's a tool but not as bad as some of the other assholes who homebrew shit.
>>
>>49456611
And here's shit load of Infernal charms someone posted like two weeks ago. Its mix of official and fanmade charms. I've only glanced through it so I don't know what exactly is in it.
>>
>>49456630
Yeah, he's way nicer than Holden, for example.
>>
>>49456611
Hi Revlid. How have you been?
>>
>>49456725
EarthScorpion can die in a fire though
>>
>>49456514
Oh, thank you!
>>
>>49456765
Lol I wish I knew how to write charms.

>>49456792
Yep

>>49456812
You're welcome. It's hard find these since the wiki was deleted. I should probably make a Mega and upload them so everyone can find them in one place.
>>
>>49456514
i mean you're right the general would have probably died off but when the core actually came out (or being more realistic when the back pdf was leaked) it all would have come back.
>>
If someone killed Ligier, what would happen to Malfeas as a prison? Would the Yozis still be trapped, just inside whatever Malfeas comes back as? Seems like a big oversight to Hell's security if they didn't make Ligier immune to death.
>>
>>49458070
they'd still be trapped im pretty sure.
>>
>>49458070
Even if Malfeas vanished they're still be stuck in Cecelyne. Or maybe they'd be stuck in whatever new horrific configuration new-Malfeas took on after he eventually regenerated.
>>
>>49455816
What's the difference anyway?
>>
>>49458070
They'd still be trapped in Malfeas as it reshaped itself into a new and probably less pleasant hell.
>>
>>49452999
>>49452843
Not only is it an identity, but it is the quintessential identity.

So if a Sid becomes the captain of a ship, he will become the quintessential captain: he will respire sea lingo, be at its perfect place on deck. Everybody looking at him will get that he is a captain, it will be so obvious in all his movement and thought pattern. He becomes the Captain.

Resplendent Destiny powers are ways of externalizing that by putting strain on the RD. By trying hard, a RD can be used for semi-magical feats as the soul of the disguise is used for.. things.

A power shared by many RDs is simply a hiding power. By becoming the quintessential whore, you simply become indistinguishable from any other whore in the whorehouse. Extremely practical.
>>
>>49457091
As a question, why? What's so bad about Earthscorpion?
>>
>>49460938
He's an arrogant dick surrounded by a circle of sycophants. He does have some nice ideas and knows how to write but that's it.
>>
>>49462378
Huh. Well, I guess I managed to avoid thatby only looking at his work. Thank fuck for less drama.
>>
>>49462378
But enough about Holden.
>>
>>49462476
I think that's a pretty common thing for designers. They write something good, or at least better than others and then people start praising them. Their egoes inflate and they have this belief they know better how the game should be designed. The difference is that Holden actually got to write new edition while ES is stuck with his 2.75E on SV.
>>
>>49462476
The one difference between Holdemorke and EartScorpion is that ES doesn't get to write official material. The personality and attitude are the same, even if their views on Exalted differ.
>>
>>49463074
Honestly, I find ES a lot more bearable. He feels more like he just naturally comes off as caustic, whereas Holden just feels like a little twerp.
>>
When life gives you lemons, make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your Damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Malfeas lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the one who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get Liger to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”
>>
and thats where slayers come from
>>
>>49455891
>>49455965
>>49455969
Well, you could argue that the gazelcarp does fit with courtesans, too. The style lets you use flowing sleeves, fans and more as weapons, which are similar to tge fins of the carp.
The neck is/was a very attractive part of the female body in asia/for geishas, so long elongated neck.
Floating is fairly obvious, it is simple the most elegant way to move.

To make it a succuslut would miss the point, imho. A courtesan isn't atttactive because she has big bewbs and a nice ass or a revealing outfit, but because she moves with grace and elegance
>>
>>49463671
>A courtesan isn't atttactive because she has big bewbs and a nice ass or a revealing outfit, but because she moves with grace and elegance
I'm not sure that's true, anon.
>>
>>49417681
for some arbitrary reason, no. its in the book

>>49418925

screw you, 2e infernals were the shit
>>
>>49454829
>>49454788
lizz lunar stole 40 cakes, thats as many as four tens. and thats terrible
>>
>>49424400
>I'd run intro sessions for them arriving in Malfeas and getting free stuff

did you do a tasteful rape scene?(jk, nobody does that. it makes the ebondragon sad, but whatever)
>>
>>49454829
>bitch what the fuck.png
>>
>>49426872

>holden isn't as autistic as es

sadly this is because he is somehow worse. infinityplusone
>>
>>49464420
I did a tasteful brothel scene as part of the Slayer getting inducted into Sorcery.

(Rate my storybaiting skills?)
>>
>>49429408
2 is as broken as you remember. 3 is fucking empty
>>
>>49429621
solars get boring fast :(
>>
>>49429659
>to the tune of actually being a very good rpg.

lets not get *too* ahead of ourselves now...

more functional isn't the same as functional ;)
>>
>>49464512
It's functional as long as you have a Rules Imam to interpret the text of Morke.
>>
>>49464512
Right, but functional is the same as functional, and as 3E is actually both functional and good, pointing out how low a standard it is to be better than 2E isn't really relevant.
>>
>>49464512
I can't decide if this is bait or not.
>>
>>49464459
We need details. A lot of details.

>>49464512
>>49464642
I haven't played that many RPGs but how common is it for one to be good mechanically?
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.