[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dangan Fate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: danganronpa.jpg (136KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
danganronpa.jpg
136KB, 854x480px
Hey Fa/tg/uys. I've been looking at running a Fate Core campaign, based on Danganronpa, and I was hoping for some advice and help.

First things first, I'm kind of stuck with Monokuma/Junko's stats.
>>
i've never even come close to touching danganronpa but based on the sheer exposure i've gotten from sperg-out posts/stories about it, i'd assume monokuma is more of a plot device than an actual character? why would you stat something that never loses?
>>
>>49405908
A fair amount of the story progression is achieved but outsmarting Monokuma. Also Junko Endoshima is controlling him.
>>
OP here. This is what I've got so far for Junko.

High Concept: Ultimate Dispair
Trouble Aspect: Absence of Hope

Skills: Empathy(+4), Deception(+3), Provoke(+3), Lore(+2), Will(+2), Rapport(+2), Contacts(+1), Investigate(+1), Notice(+1), Resources(+1)
>>
>>49405822
Have you figured out a skills list yet?
>>
>>49406786
I was just going to go with the basic skills.
>>
File: small hope.png (359KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
small hope.png
359KB, 500x500px
>>49405822
Her stats are whatever you want them to be, as convenient to the plot. She is a massive Mary Sue.
>>
>>49406800
I strongly recommend contouring them around what the setting would need. In my case, I needed to simplify the social skills and make more specific knowledge/tech ones.

Additionally, at least in the SRD, the authors try to make a point that the "default" are not advisable for custom settings, as the skills are vague and sometimes straight-up non-applicable.
>>
>>49406814
Fair enough, but I'm much rather have her base stats and stunts done. Also I'd like to get her aspects done too.
>>
>>49406873
Good point. I guess I need to sort out the skills I'm using too then.
>>
>>49406944
This is more difficult than I expected. Especially when every character is the best at their own skill. Also, part of the fun is figuring out how to use, seemingly useless abilities, to murder someone and get away with it. Almost every skill I can think of fits. Wat do?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_my6oamPFXK1s1di06.png (171KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_my6oamPFXK1s1di06.png
171KB, 480x280px
Personally I think a Dangan Ronpa style game would be impossible to do in a campaign without heavy railroading. Besides the railroading problem there are a number of other problems with the game, like what happens if one of the players decide to become the killer? What if they fuck up the investigation rolls or can't piece the murder together exactly? What if they decide to rape Junko to death?

It especially wouldn't work too well in FATE Core since it stresses Player Agency and the like. FATE Games usually only work well when the players are all proactive and are successful individuals, rather than a bunch of scared highschool kids trapped inside somewhere having to solve murder mysteries and kill their friends while a mary sue shits on them and then kills herself when all they finally tell her to fuck off. Players usually don't like being at the mercy of some antagonist and being unable to fight or stop them, so they're probably going to be spending all their time trying to find a way to kill Junko instead of playing her game.

That is unless you're basing it off 3 and how the game is run then. That could work pretty damn well and could even use FATE too. NG Codes can work like an Aspect that can only be invoked and that your character can't resist taking it. Other PCs or NPCs can figure out your NG Code in a similar way to how you figure out Secret Aspects in Court/Ship.

I'd also make it so that recovering from Consequences and Stress heal slower than normally. Additionally, if a player has to take an Extreme Consequence they 'fall into despair' and end up losing their shit and either lose control of the character, or still play but now they want to kill everyone kinda like Punished Persona.

Take some inspiration from the ZE games and add some reason for the players to cooperate instead of always be at each other throats and you got a decent short campaign on your hands. Be sure to expect PvP though because it's bound to happen. Especially in a 3 style game.
>>
>>49407206
As genius as that is,(And it's really fucking genius. Seriously, if anyone was to run that, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.) I'd rather set it in the Killing school game. I think it's possible if those playing had full agency. If they want to ignore the killing, then they can. I think it'd be brilliant for them to spending their time trying to find out who is doing this to them and killing them. I like to think that they would retain their agency but still deal with the almost hopeless situation that they're in. Thanks though.
>>
>>49406944
It's difficult to offer more advice since I don't know the series
I do suggest you try to stick with a skill list with an approximate count of 18, unless you choose to limit the number of skills a character can have.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.