[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New gm gere In a sci-fi setting, a player character(autistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (30KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
30KB, 258x196px
New gm gere
In a sci-fi setting, a player character(autistic engineer) uses LSD to exercise his creativity.
Any ideas? Mini games, buffs, quests or how should we roleplay while he is in this altered perception of reality?
>>
Have you ever taken LSD
Has the player ever taken LSD
>>
No.
I have no idea
>>
>>49395160
You reply and link by clicking on the post number, newfriend.

If neither of you have ever taken LSD, I think your next step is clear. You can decide how to implement it in the game afterwards. Bonus: you get a real life adventure as well as an imaginary one!
>>
>>49395188
Not gonna work, we are doing it by Skype
>>
>>49395215
You don't have to do LSD together, anon.
>>
>>49395237

I will say that it is a very good idea to have someone there who has done it before, or who is not doing it. Less because you'll injure yourself, you're probably more likely to do that with booze. More because you will probably want someone to talk to and until you get comfortable with the idea that you have altered something so fundamental to your sense of self that you barely even think about it with a chemical and oh god I'm just a walking sack of transient meat and/or oh my god I am seeing a higher platonic reality, I can perceptive the underlying structure of the universe it's a good idea to have someone around who can tell you which of the colors and shapes you are now seeing you should be really concerned about.
>>
>>49395188
>>49395237
What if you're too retarded to actually get your autistic hands on LSD in the first place?
>>
>>49395086

LSD for autistics is like hyper synthaesthesia with the realization that the things encountered are a result of altered cognition, as opposed to religious/metaphysical encounters.

t. Asperger's/Autist With 300+ trips
>>
>>49398265

The most stark thing is the expanded ability to maintain complex visual imagery and shape metaphorical objects with ease.
>>
>>49398277
What about those who's visualization ability is minimal, nearly nonexistant.
>>
>>49395086
>uses LSD to exercise his already autistic creativity.
Mini games: retain sanity
Buffs: -6 CON, -6 DEX, -2 INT, -4 WIS, -2 STR, -2 CHA
You can roleplay it by forcing him to constantly make checks to keep on-task and keep his shit together or have a minor-major meltdown depending on his degree of failure.

On a personal level, I hate faggots who want to play perpetually drunk, high, tripping, etc. characters because it basically gives them an excuse to say "Oh well, I did it because I'm fucked up" and get into randumb shenanigans.

I also hate these faggots that unironically think that punching holes in your brain with lab-cooked chemicals gives you some kind of magical insight into the universe or makes you a fucking sage on the mountain because you saw some pretty lights and some funny faces. I'm guessing your player is one of these.

BUT all that hate aside there really are almost no benefits to operating while under high-intensity drugs of any kind, LSD in particular because it doesn't even give you the energy kick you'd get from cocaine or the focus you'd get from adderall or the painkilling effects from Opiates.

>inb4 "I function better when I'm tripping" autists
>inb4 hippies and 'mind expansion' BS
>>
>>49395086
Ive seen maybe 5 people take that shit thinking it makes them more creative or intelligent but thats all just an illusion. They mostly gibber incoherently and when prompted to record their thoughts/experience they can't make heads or tails of what they record after becoming sober again.

It just creates the illusion of intelligence/mind awakening. Its just making people dumber while further entrenching the illusion of inner awakening.
>>
>>49398596

It can be trained and built upon. Probably the most "amazing" substance in terms of visualization is mescaline. It's like playing infinite legos at the peaks of the trip.

>>49399073

If you take it as a tool to activate synesthesia, free association with intermingling of different sensory nodes ("The situation tasted brown and bitter as vines crawled out of my heart and bled onto rivers of sapphire..." that sort of thing), and visualization with some simple fun...

People who are faggots on drugs are faggots outside of drugs. It doesn't mean that there's no use. It's like ignoring a gleaming sword out of a misplaced sense of proprierty. Just fucking take it!
>>
>>49399073

>It can be trained and built upon. Probably the most "amazing" substance in terms of visualization is mescaline. It's like playing infinite legos at the peaks of the trip.

This.

>It just creates the illusion of intelligence/mind awakening. Its just making people dumber while further entrenching the illusion of inner awakening.

It certainly changes your perspective and amps your mental clarity to fantastic. But do the thoughts, patterns etc. you come up on lsd make any sense? Not necessarily. At least not until you make something coherent - simplify it - out of it on the spot - there's so much going in your mind, you will forget most of the details. Logic and scientific mindset comes extremely handy here. You think you 'might be on to something', but you know it could be just nonsense. But if you remember enough details, you can do some research on the subject when you're sober. Also very convenient to have friends with you, and somebody sober.

If you think something's now fact because it makes so much sense to you, and have nothing to back it up, then you're just being a moron, whether you're sober or 'expanding your mind'. Playing around with stuff - methaphorical infinite legos at the peaks of the trip as by >>49399394
- is very ok, and extremely fun, but there's always a place for some common sense.

Also, a fun - confirmed - fact! The mind expansion thing is actually real to some extend when it comes to psychedelics. Connections between different regions of the brain that are normally redundant are quite active during psychedelic experience. This is what explains the varying experiences of synethesia.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160411153006.htm

And very similar effect on psilocybin - magic mushrooms.

http://www.livescience.com/48502-magic-mushrooms-change-brain-networks.html
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.