[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror Dungeons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: giphy.gif (494KB, 475x355px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
494KB, 475x355px
I've been tasked with making a horror one shot for a Halloween get together. Pitch ideas, systems, settings, and scary images for inspiration. Just wanted to get a head start before I switch over to /x/ for October.
>>
File: Voodoo Beholder.jpg (95KB, 611x588px) Image search: [Google]
Voodoo Beholder.jpg
95KB, 611x588px
>>
File: 1356963834819.jpg (256KB, 1000x771px) Image search: [Google]
1356963834819.jpg
256KB, 1000x771px
>>49392900
>>
>>49392969
That was a nice pasta (don't fuck with baba yaga. Ever)
>>
File: mountain of bodies.jpg (394KB, 2487x1057px) Image search: [Google]
mountain of bodies.jpg
394KB, 2487x1057px
>>49392900
Ideas:
>Characters come to at the bottom level of a dungeon, with no idea how they got there. Injuries taken and healed, supplies expended, etc. indicates they got their willingly, under their own power; but what were they trying to do? And why did they forget?

>PCs have killed a tiger and now they are stalked by its shadow. They literally cannot trust their own shadows; it could spring out of them at any time.

>In an illusionary maze, the party is pursued by doppelgangers that can read their minds and know all their secrets. Is the party that struggles back out the same as the party that went in?
>>
>>49393341
DESU, I'm never convinced that a creepy old lady is actually Baga Yaga instead of just some senile babushka until I see a house with chicken legs.

Only then will I apologize profusely and excuse myself graciously.
>>
File: 2014-01-10-Poker-Joker.jpg (243KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-10-Poker-Joker.jpg
243KB, 900x582px
>>49393341
I know I've read it, but I can't remember much about it. That's going to bug me.
>>
I've been kicking around an Island of the Dead campaign idea.
Players are fresh off boat on said island, and for one reason or another landed at the Fortress of The Order _________, only human haven on island. The island is basically every fucking trope you can think of, Frankenstein monsters running loose, Werewolves/Vampires infested Forest/Towns, Witches Curses, Sentient Undead Necropolis's, and graveyards that go for miles.

I've been kicking around running in D&D but I've mostly been brainstorming at this point
>>
File: straight chillin.jpg (683KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
straight chillin.jpg
683KB, 1440x1920px
Get a copy of Libris Mortis I would but it's over 8mb it will really spice up your Undead game
>>
File: 63592.jpg (280KB, 498x697px) Image search: [Google]
63592.jpg
280KB, 498x697px
>>49392900
>Pitch ideas, systems, settings, and scary images for inspiration.

Just run this.
>>
>>49393451
lumbar puncture is no joking matter
>>
>>49392900

Time speeds up the deeper the party goes into a dungeon (Break out the aging rules). Someone needs to get down there and flip the millennium glass over before the last grain drops out, or everyone will age at an accelerated rate and die within weeks.
>>
>>49393411

Do mountain of bodies as the thing in the locked basement of the mansion.
>>
>>49395866
Jesus the edge is so strong it is 18-20/x4
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.