[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing amazons intelligently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 13

Long story short, the basic idea is that women on a certain continent will usually grow about 50% more massive and three times stronger then men.
My basic idea is that this leads to more insular societies that can't effectively wage war do to it requiring women to go out and not be having babies when they should need to to keep the population at a reasonable level, drastically limiting how long a military campaign can last.
does this sound reasonable? are there other implications I should consider?
>>
>>49383908
You could have a caste/rotation thing going on. Women could serve a mandatory time in the military. Upon retirement they become respected members of their communities and start families with their harem of manflesh. Afterall if they survived war they will be passing on some badass genes (in theory).

Or just have some women as honoured breeders. Women who opt to bare lots of children for the state who are provided for etc.
>>
>>49383960
yeah, but a woman is only fertile for like, twenty years. or are you saying I should make anoher alteration or two in the name of story?
>>
>>49383908
Eh. It's a plausible solution, but doesn't solve the "male expendability" issue.

Even if the females are significantly stronger than the males of the society, the woman is still far more "valuable" (from a social development standpoint) because she carries a uterus. If she gets pregnant (and again, from a societal standpoint she should at some point, to continue the growth of the society) she's going to be noticeably less "healthy" than non-pregnant women (mood swings, cravings, morning sickness, joint paint, etc.) for a decent slice of the first trimester, and then be noticeably pregnant/less able during the second, with the problems of the first trimester getting more acute or manifesting if they did not already. The third trimester she's realistically not able to do physical work, because she's carrying a large weight that causes all sorts of hormonal and physical issues with her body. After giving birth, the woman needs a few months to recover physically and mentally (PPD is absolutely a thing) before she can begin to approach the levels of physicality she had before the baby. This means that, purely due to the nature of childbirth, she's going to be at least 9 months (2/3 Trimester, 3mo recovery period) out of action and unable to contribute physical labor such as waging war, as well as three months of having her performance noticeably affected in the first trimester. This all happens because growing a living, breathing child the size of a basketball and then pushing it out of your vagina is a very physically demanding thing to do, and yet is absolutely necessary for the continuation of society.

Men, on the other hand, are under no such burden. Males can impregnate a female, and then less than an hour later be completely able to do physical labor again. Because they don't carry the child, they can theoretically impregnate as many women as they can ejaculate into, so fewer males are needed.

Cont.
>>
>>49384058
>>49383908

This means that, because society doesn't "need" as much of them, men can be given the harder and more dangerous tasks (such as hard labor, warfare, etc.) as losing them is not as harmful as if they lost a female.

While I could totally see a female warrior cast that would act as elites or an entrenched social class in your societies, from a "logical" perspective most of those armies would still be augmented by male soldiers as more expendable line-troops.

This is the reason why societies have historically raided other societies for female captives - they needed more women in their own societies or else their society would crumble, so they stole the women of their neighbors.

The way you'd have a solo-female military "logically" would be to have men become somehow more valuable than females when it comes to continuing society.

I solved this in my Rogue Trader campaign by having a genophage endemic to a specific world that kills 70% of the males born on that world, and 20% of those remaining are born sterile. This was caused after a long-lost nation used a bio-weapon that killed the men of the enemy society, and it went wildly out of control. Now women are dominant, and fertile men are treated as insanely valuable commodities (but not quite people).
>>
>>49384001
Up to you I suppose. Maybe becoming pregnant is a rite of passage from girl to woman (18 years old). Through the act of carrying and birthing a child you are now a 'woman' and able to enjoy the privileges of adulthood. With a new generation secured they can now become soilders (after a full recovery ofcourse). They just pushed a bowling ball out of themselves, running at dudes with an axe will be a piece of cake (in context with said culture)
>>
>>49384127
>more dangerous tasks (such as hard labor, warfare, etc.
BUT they would amke fucking shitty soldiers. it'd be like an army of children attempting to invade a city, just wouldn't work. which is why warfare would be less of a thing, the healthy women of a given settlement would easily fend off male invaders who would be more lightly armored and carrying worse weapons, but still ultimately less agile.

them being expendable is immaterial when they won't be able to do the job
>>
>>49384173
Tucker's kobolds
>>
Just have the natural ratio of men and women born be lopsided. Society is 80% female or more. Amazons naturally give birth to females 90% of the time. Men are uncommon and Amazons raid enemies for them.
>>
>>49385151

Tucker's Kobolds are essentially genius level and I assume you are using them as an example for how men could beat women in this setting but you also discredit the ability of the physically superior women to also come up with strong tactics.
>>
>>49384001

Twenty years is a lot of fucking babies dude.
>>
>>49383908
>Members of the same species
>3x more anything
I really don't see a reasonable way to do this, oh great ruler of the magic realm
>>
File: 1471753826577.jpg (882KB, 1280x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1471753826577.jpg
882KB, 1280x1556px
>>49383908
>Doing amazons intelligently
Don't. Overthinking this is what made me hate women. If you really want to do this, then...

1. Get rid of womankind's inherrent distaste for men. Look up the scientifically attested "women are wonderful" effect and it'll explain why even the ones crying for equality during WW1 were shaming men for not dying for an oppressive, colonial state they recieved no benefits from.
2a. Wombs are valuable, solve this problem. You could have some weird seahorse-impregnation thing where the male fertilizes the woman's seed but carries the baby, putting the burden of having a child in their body on the man leaving the women free to do other things.
2b. Alternatively create a warrior caste, not just in the social but also the biological sense. Look at bees: men are only valuable because a very limited number of women (the queen) are fertile. The worker bees, those who work and fight for the hive, are sterile. You could have a sterile caste of warrior-women but that wouldn't be sexy because you can't have a family with them unless you're willing to adopt.
2c. Some niggers 'round these here parts suggest some deer-type pregnancy that doesn't bother the mother at all, but that's stupid. You're still sending someone with a baby in their body to the front to die.
3. ONLY NOW can you start thinking about making women bigger and stronger than men. Yes, only after making sure that they no longer hate men and only after they no longer have wombs, they can viable start protecting their men rather than fucking the enemy after their sons and fathers were brutally slaughtered.
>B-But muh lion harems
Do you know what happens when a solitary lion beats a lion with his harem in combat? Exactly what I outlined above: the previous head of the pride is either rejected or killed, all of his children are slaughtered and the new head impregnates all of the bitches.

Life is an endless loop of suffering. The harder you think, the deeper the rabbit hole goes.
>>
>>49385987
Also, exowombs. Magical or not.
>>
>>49385987
>Get rid of womankind's inherrent distaste for men.
>ONLY NOW can you start thinking about making women bigger and stronger than men.
>ignores everything else in the thread talking about culture

I'm certain you are the same fucking /r9k/ fucker in the other thread so I'm just going to repeat myself but same shit Imma rip myself from this hook and leave you to whatever bullshit spam you may post next.

/r9k/ plz leave
>>
>>49386093
>ignores everything else in the thread talking about culture
>/r9k/ plz leave
I'm going. I'm not going to reply with anything other than what directly relates to the OPs question, and this will probably be my last reply in this thread overall. If you actually want to talk this out (doubtful), you're free to make a thread on /r9k/ or anywhere else though.
>>
>>49386106

Oh thank god goodbye.

I hope other people interested in the topic will learn about /r9k/ and feel free to talk about it there.
>>
>>49385569
Strong people rarely come up with strong tactics. It's too much like work. They prefer to rely on the thing that they are good at, being strong. One doesn't get strong by thinking. And one doesn't usually get good at thinking by being strong. It's rare that anyone can truly balance both and be good at both.
>>
>>49384173
>BUT they would amke fucking shitty soldiers.
why? Unless these men are also somehow less able due to the fetish magic that caused the women to hulk out, they'd be just as capable as the men of opposing nations.
>>
>>49387621
I think he means that in an invasion scenario, where the invaders consist of mostly/entirely men (as the women are at home) they're suddenly now facing these super-females as defenders.

Plus all the other males.
>>
just make them all trannies
>>
>>49383908
Just read Franken Fran chapter 31.
>>
>>49387638
the invaders would just burn their crops, cordon their waters and starve them out. Because a population trying to feed 9' giants is either going to be fucking tiny or relying on massive amounts of food.

or you just slam pilums into the massive 9' targets
>>
>>49387721
What if the women are just regular sized and the me are just 4' manlets?
>>
>>49387844
then it's a miracle this nation survived to see its first invasion
>>
You know, the fucking Mithra and Mi'qote from Final Fantasy did it right. Not too many men, so they're isolared away from everyone, and the Mithra and Mi'qote travel the world as mercenaries, merchants, and soldiers to ear money to buy time to live in the city and get fucked and raise their children.

Simple, elegant, baisc, effective.
>>
>>49383908
Wonder Woman it. They're born, literally, from the earth. Boom done gimme my check.
>>
>>49385583
26.6 babies to be exact.
>>
>>49385151
Tucker's kobolds only work when a society of oddly skilled individuals, all completely dedicated to fucking over PCs and with access to oddly plentiful resources, gets in contact with a party of panicking imbeciles who don't scout or plan.
>>
>>49387587
Brain works at its best when in a healthy body, and being physically active gives you a good perspective on how effective different kinds of labor are. This is not very relevant if your strongest individuals are all nobility who never have to fight anyone as strong as themselves, but becomes very relevant if the amazon's society is or was ever under pressure to optimize. Like, for example, if their warlike neighbors used clever tactics to inflict inordinate losses in battle.
>>
>>49387909
And hordes of males who take the non-breeder surname and bail out from their societies because pussy is not worth it. Why fight your father to the death for the right to fuck your mother and half-sisters when you can just go to a human town and catboy with the wenches there.
>>
>>49387587
That's only true for adventuring parties where strength means that loss of resources becomes immaterial. For armies where you have people die whether you did good or bad, you always want ideas to minimize the casualties.
>>
>>49388109
WW's a Zeus baby now
>>
>>49383908
A really easy solution would just be to have their society function like a beehive, one queen on top who primarily breeds, all other women underneath function as workers as well as warriors, with men's function also being breeding. This allows the warrior caste to consist entirely of women, while men are still expendable.
>>
>>49388384
twin births though
>>
>>49389323
Queen bees work because a single bee can pump out tons and tons of babies. Human beings have an incubation period that's far too long and only makes one or two children per nine months.
>>
Soldiers don't have to be the whole population you know.
>>
>>49389372
Alright, then replace the single queen with a voluntary breeding caste that shirts in cycles.
>>
>>49389447
*shifts in cycles
fucking phone
>>
>>49389447
Women are required to have at least one baby before they can serve in the military, leading to most getting pregnant at 16-18 or so. Children are reared in civil creche's
>>
>>49388625
ironically this is pretty much what happens with the Mi'qote
>>
>>49389196
that doesnt count
>>
>>49385569

Given female psychology and cooperation, it's really not that far fetched anon.
>>
>>49386138

Christ, you're more of a sperg than the anon you're complaining about. At least he contributed.
>>
>>49385675
do you really not understand the sexual dimorphism present in some animals? you understand there are octopodes where the female is ten thousand times as large?
>>
>>49387587
are you retarded?
>>
>>49387721
right, and the women could just exit the city and kill the invading army. and wear armor and carry heavy shields to make the pilums useless. you really, really don't seem to be thinking this out even a little bit.
>>
Do what that guy did with Outsider.

The society has something like a 10:1 ratio of females to men as a result of being an engineered warrior race. Their population can EXPLODE without the discipline of society, and reproduction is something of a privilege or a mark of entering a new rank/phase of life. The women tend to be larger, and while the entire race is mildly psychic, females are far more likely to exhibit dangerous levels of psycho, cry, and pyro kinesis. The species are adults by the age of 10-14 or so.

The men are too rare to be risked, and the women are very plentiful, while the birth rate is hypothetically vast enough that females don't have the same treasured reproductive status.
>>
>>49391338
>and wear armor and carry heavy shields
exactly where are you going to get the materials to fully equip an army of giants with heavy armor and shields

Bronze and steel don't fucking grow on trees.
>>
>>49383908
Make it so Amazons were cursed by a god/witch/wizard to only give birth to female offspring. Therefore, any social structures being adjusted have a plausible reason for being changed (other than "just 'cuz")
>>
>>49392614

>if nobody said anything about it then I get to assume they are unga bunga no metal people
>>
>>49392614
Jesus Christ, why are you so devoted to amazons being retarded?
>>
>>49389196
Not anymore. The current run has has her made from clay again. And the other Amazons are the reincarnations of women violently murdered again.
>>
>>49392614
>exactly where are you going to get the materials to fully equip an army of giants with heavy armor and shields

From iron mines. Where did you think regular armies got their weapons and armor? Male-only iron glands?
>>
Can anyone come up with a reason that isn't thinly veiled fetish fuel?
>>
>>49399519

Your mom.
>>
>>49398123
Good. Zeus-baby was a shit change.
>>
>>49383908
Ultimately it comes down to rate of birth and child mortality, if you can bullshit the first high enough and the second low enough despite them going out to fight, it's probably not going to be an issue

Hell, if you already factor in the the women being stronger/sturdier than normal you may cut down on a decent amount of death by childbirth and stillbirths

But still, they're probably gonna want multiple pregnancies before (or just when not) fighting, the easiest solution (discounting because magic/their god/DM said so) is to have a decently strong social pressure to have kids and make them a lot more sturdy than normal, compared to most animals human birth/pregnancy is rather fucked up and much more strenuous on both mother and child than normal, simply fixing that and a lot of the problems with amazons start looking a lot less severe

They're still aren't going to want to fight while pregnant (at least while not heavily so), but they no longer need to be treated as invalids for half the time (and may even be able to do nonstrienous manual labor), add in communal child rearing and sex being a decently popular past time and there you have the basics of a working amazon civilization
>>
>>49383908
Pull a Gerudo
>>
>>49399519
Because it's very in-your-face and unsubtle, so no it isn't "thinly veiled".
>>
I wrote up something that might be relevant in an earlier thread.
I really did try not to be a sperg about it, so let's see what happens when we drop it to the /r9k/ hyenas.
It's as simple as a culture that's evolved from a river-dwelling tribe. The jungle around the rivers flowing through the country is dense and dangerous, and most people live most of their lives within five seconds' running of a river - why risk life and limb hacking through dense, beast-filled jungle when you can just live off what's flowing by right in front of you? Cities are built suspended over long stretches of river, with each household having access to their own diving spot and with that food and water, so that they don't have to venture into the jungle to hunt. While clothing still exists - sunburn and bathing in weed-filled river water are not pleasant combinations, and in general one always needs to have the crotch covered so that parasites and bacteria don't make their way in - it's never really evolved into a cultural thing, since dyes wash away, fabric is hard to make and it never really gets cold enough for heavy clothing. As such, most clothing is simple and utilitarian, and there's no gender difference in clothing - on top of that, since the home is literally one meter from the hunting territory in the best cases and about a hundred in the worst, women hunt just as much as men. As they don't have to leave home to hunt (well, fish), women usually take care of the actual food gathering since all they have to do to get there is to jump through the floor and into the river.
>>
>>49401744
Likewise, they can start hunting again almost immediately after giving birth, which combined with the strongly communal and tight-knit nature of the culture means that a lot of women hand over their children to other mothers (if their children still breast-feed) or older male warriors too frail or injured to hunt anymore (if they don't).
Men are explorers more than hunters, blazing trails into the jungle and collecting medicinal plants, fibers for clothes, decorative objects and animal parts, which means that they're usually the ones who decorate themselves the most with their trophies. Caring about appearance is seen as a man's thing - you go out into the jungle to gather dyes and animal parts, and the greatest imaginable pride for a man is to find a dye or a distinct-looking fang/feather/claw/pelt that no one else has used before. When they retire due to injury or old age, they spend their lives telling stories and teaching crafts to the children, while the women fish and fend off beasts that come to the village's borders. Women usually wear their hair short all their life, as it's a hassle to swim with long hair and it takes a while to dry (not good in a moist climate, and towels or heavier clothing is a waste of rare fabric). Men usually keep it short until they're forty or so years old, after which they grow it out to show that they've done their share of hunting and don't need to care about practicality anymore - the male elders often weave leaves or animal trophies into their hair, and dye it with plant saps and mashed leaves. Women generally don't decorate themselves, though they sometimes tattoo themselves - men go for fang patterns, plants or animals that they've discovered and concentric rings symbolizing the amount of years they've hunted, while women prefer fish-scale and abstract patterns.
>>
>>49401754
Men and women are usually equally physically strong, mostly because men spend more time picking medicinal herbs and waiting for prey, while women often spend hours every day hanging from rope ladders and waiting for fish to swim by (nets are severely taboo, as they signify taking other people's fish without working, and only men usually use them, as they alone fish in rivers without settlements). As everyone lives so close to each other and most body odors and excess waste are washed away by the river, there's little to no idea of "refinement" - the only taboo about dirt and waste there is is that any intentional pollution takes place down at the end of the village, towards the sea. Massive celebrations are held here, where food and gifts are dumped into the river as thanks to it for nourishing the people - and immediately followed by a large amount of tobacco ashes, drinking cups made from folded leaves and other garbage from the festivities. Of course, women smoke and drink almost as much, if not more, than the men - the booze needs to ferment at home, after all, and the tobacco dries out back.
On second thought, there are plenty of spergy parts in this, but none of them should dreadfully offend the "I Tried To Be A Nice Guy" Internet Defense Force.
>>
>>49401754
>Men usually keep it short until they're forty or so years old, after which they grow it out to show that they've done their share of hunting and don't need to care about practicality anymore
So is baldness not a thing among them, or is going bald the greatest shame a man can endure?
>>
>>49401910
You can be pretty far into bald and still have long hair.
Considering this is written as a tribal setting, a lot of men would probably die before they got the opportunity to go naturally bald. If it happens, they'd probably just use woven fibers and thread as a toupée, then do like in our world and hope that no one comments no matter how obvious it is.
>>
>>49391338
I'm just going to play devil's advocate here. Feel free to correct me.
Running out to kill the army doesn't bring back the crops, or un-poison the water. If the women's militia did come out, couldn't the attacker just scatter while burning more crops and loosing arrows into the pursuers? Scattering would also be easier if those pursuers were wearing heavy armor. It'd be kind of like when the Mongol's light cavalry would take on heavily cavalry. You don't have to go toe-to-toe, just stay out of reach and keep attacking when the opponent can't.
Being three times as strong and tough is awesome, but Danny DeVito could kill Dwayne Johnson with a bow and arrow. Hey, any artists out there willing to draw Danny DeVito as a horse archer?
>>
>>49386138
hell, you're more of a douche than he is by far.
>>
>>49391338

...right. Because charging out of the walls into superior numbers has worked so well in the past.

>b-but muh super strong womens and extra heavy armor and shields

Have just left the city undefended. If they're really unlucky, they're going to be lead on a a bit of a chase and have the city sacked behind them as the invaders occupy it and now have the walls and fortifications to their own advantage.

You're clearly unsuited to basic tactics and strategy.
>>
>>49383908
> some women not procreating is completely unthinkable for imagined societies
You're a trumpet, aren't you?
>>
>>49402359
This is true, but if they do manage to smash the seigeing army they can then begin to rebuild the destroyed infrastructure to begin to alevaite the damage early instead of waiting for them to just go away
>>
>>49387721
>the massive 9' targets
At 50% more massive they'd be like 7ft, maybe.
If we're talking 50% bigger then the average medival male, you might not even break 6ft, or 300lbs.

They're hardly going to be monsterous. Just big.
>>
>>49389354
Only about 1 in 80. So assuming 10 women it would still only be 26.9 babies each. Still the main issue with this is that pregnant women are pretty fucking useless for most dangerous and difficult jobs like being soldiers or miners before modern mechanization. Plus there are the issues of infertility among some women, death during childbirth, and especially if they are soldiers, death before childbirth.

While I dislike amazons just being huge women this is how I would probably do it. Pick any solution or a combination.

1. Modified biology: Women have some way that pregnancy doesn't impact their performance as soldiers. Perhaps women remain fertile their entire life simply with decreased fertility like men meaning old retired soldiers can become mothers. Perhaps they almost or literally always have multiple births, could even play it into the culture like children without twins are considered super special or twins are expected to always fight together, marry and opposite pair of twins, and die around the same time, and a twin without their sibling is likely to fall into severe depression. Could always come up with a dozen more.

2. Women have a sort of reserve system: Think of it like this,
>Women get married soon after they hit puberty and begin popping out babies, still training as soldiers and can fight as an emergency reserve if their city or village is attacked
>Once a woman passes say 25 she joins the military while her husband and mother raises the kids
>Once a woman hits menopause they retire from the military and help to raise their grand children and train younger girls in warfare, might become some form of political leader

3. Caste system: If only 5% of the population are dedicated soldiers even a huge military defeat won't destroy the nation completely.

4. Professional army: See above
>>
>>49387721
>or you just slam pilums into the massive 9' targets
To be fair if you are a 9' tall slab of flesh you could easily just carry a massive shield with a layer of steel thick enough to not be penetrated by pila. Granted at 9' I think we are outside of amazon range and into full on ogre size or something.
>>
>>49402359

Scattering also has organizational problems.

Unless everyone is trained for "scatter, don't worry about the giants literally out to kill you just run and do bad things then meet here" your forces are now spread across the countryside.
>>
>>49404297

>they're going to be lead on a a bit of a chase and have the city sacked behind them as the invaders occupy it and now have the walls and fortifications to their own advantage.
>everyone in my imagination are expert tacticians with crack troops that can follow complex orders and do extravagant maneuvers

Also I get a feeling that someone 3x your size can outmarch your ass.
>>
>>49408174
>Only about 1 in 80
>Fantasy kinda-humans will have the exact same birthrate as normal humans seeing the exact same patterns
>>
>>49408254
>Also I get a feeling that someone 3x your size can outmarch your ass.
Outmarch or outrun? Sure the 9 foot guy has a bigger stride but he also requires more food to keep going meaning a longer supply train or more time spent raiding the surrounding area for food. All this means that the overall pace of such an army is likely to be significantly slower than an army of smaller people who can more easily carry food with them or spend less time raiding the countryside to supply their army.
>>
>>49408274
So look at my suggestion number 1 for solving the issue. Also outside of nearly constant multiple births it still won't impact much, if it is 1 in 10 it still only changes the maximum number of births to 29.26 or an increase of just 10%. So unless you assume that fantasy worlds are assumed to have like 1 in 4 births being twins it wouldn't change much and the amazons would probably need a unique biology in some form to supplement their birth rate if they act like generic amazons.
>>
>>49408303
That's why I like WHF's ogre's they're all obease and hardy to the point if they had to, they could outmarch opposing armies, like the mongols their based on. They also can apparently eat anything from bits of wood to leather.

Could hace felmale amazon's be huge and grossly obease too. Worshiping "The Great Maw" sort of takes on a whole new meaning too.
>>
>>49408364
>So unless you assume that fantasy worlds
If they're already 50% larger then males, you could just claim they have litters. 4-5 kids could be standard.
>>
>>49408447
Hence point one you fucking tard. Unless something extreme is stated or implied it shouldn't be assumed.
>>
>>49385987

Or you can make it an honor thing. Where as women are seen as worthless by other women if they don't do things like take land, serve in the military, birth at least one child, kill enemies of the tribe, and contribute to society. They would be a culture that places high value on those who want to do things that benefit those weaker then they.
>>
>>49408403
Yeah, but being fat isn't cool. Obese armies can't do much other than die of heart attacks, be slow and die. They have to be hugely muscled and sexually insatiable. It's part of being amazon.
>>
File: 1468530407714.jpg (173KB, 736x510px) Image search: [Google]
1468530407714.jpg
173KB, 736x510px
>>49408638
>>
>>49408704
>hey have to be hugely muscled and sexually insatiable. It's part of being amazon.
No reason you can't be that and obese.
Like 7ft tall female powerlifters.
>>
>>49384058
That's pretty fucking dumb anon.
>>
>>49408776
And why would you want all of the heroes of the story to be fat human shaped blobs.

>Powerlifter =/= Obese

Also, powerlifters aren't exactly the best warriors. Sure you can lift stuff. But you can't run, duck, dodge and fight because you're a fuckhuge chunk of slow, easily winded human flesh not made to fight.
>>
>>49408915
>heroes of the story
I thought they were just intersting set dressing.
>Powerlifter =/= Obese
By clinical MBI measurements they are. (Although you can be a 5% bf bodybuilder and still quallify by that standard)

Powerlifters would be great at sheild wall tactics.

Also, it's a fantasy setting. Amazons could be different. Sorta want to make SJW Amazons now.
BIG IS BEAUTIFUL
>>
>>49408915
>And why would you want all of the heroes of the story to be fat human shaped blobs.
Amazons aren't usually heroes, they're usually some isolated/exotic culture of xenophobes for the actual hero to best in one way or another.

Although I don't really think a culture of fatass savages would be very interesting, it certainly would shake up all the womyn stronk dudes to have amazons portrayed as an utterly barbaric and ugly people.
>>
>>49408979
>BIG IS BEAUTIFUL
DRIVE OUT THE FUCKING WHITE MALES

RECLAIM THEIR LAND FOR OPPRESSED WOMYN OF COLOR

THIS IS TRUE EQUALITY
>>
>>49408979
Well you're wrong. I can tell you that powerlifters would make piss poor warriors. Being that large, unable to run, jump and all around fight wouldn't make them well suited to doing much at all. Even if it's fantasy, suspension of disbelief can only get you so far before you start getting turned off.

Fat isn't cool, it's not beautiful. SJW amazons won't attract an audience anymore than fat male models will get pussy. You can do it, but it won't make money or sustain attention for any real length of time. They'd be unable to fight, being fat human shaped tubs of lard and no men would have problems killing people who are already in the middle of a heart attack. But what do I know? Yeah, fat women will definitely get you that audience! Who gives a fuck about functional muscle or body shapes?
>>
>>49408915
>why would you want all of the heroes of the story to be fat human shaped blobs

...why not?
>>
>>49408303

>the country giant people live in isn't going to be designed to sustain them
>they aren't going to have supply line solutions designed to aide in their combat style
>>
>>49409119
Not him but he has a point. I wouldn't buy that shit.
>>
>>49409154

No he doesn't

It just means you aren't the target audience

Boo-hoo
>>
>>49409161
Well alright. Who the fuck is the target audience? Fat sjw females who don't buy videogames? We were asking how to make fucking non shit amazons. What are your ideas then? Anything that doesn't involve landwhales would be a great start.
>>
>>49409147
>matriarchal society
>having solutions to obvious problems
smug_animated_pictograph.bmp
>>
>>49409305
> Fat sjw females who don't buy videogames
> videogames
> /tg/
> videogames

/v/ plz leave. I'm certain your home board will give you the coddling you need after being triggered in what you thought was a "safe space"
>>
>>49409312

Don't be a troll
>>
>>49409352
>dismisses a legit argument

Oh boy, he said videogames! Better leave /v/! My 'tism is acting up again plz go!
>>
>>49409305
>We were asking how to make fucking non shit amazons.
not quite, OP was asking for "intelligently" made amazons

Which is basically impossible, beyond making them a very small and isolated community with wonky cultural views but otherwise no large physiological differences. A culture whose survival is based on them being so fucking far out of the way rather than any merit of their own.

Beyond that is largely just soft femdom fetishists trying to be played off as legitimate.
>>
File: syndromeofadown.jpg (152KB, 1006x921px) Image search: [Google]
syndromeofadown.jpg
152KB, 1006x921px
>>49409352
wew lad
>>
>>49409395

Homie, I'm dismissing you because you are triggered and not thinking straight. You've become the rambling pile of shitposting that is common of /v/ermin that whatever gems may be among all the shit isn't worth the fact that people have to sift through your shit while you watch.
>>
>>49409440
>otherwise no large physiological differences
>50% more massive and 3 times as strong
>otherwise no large physiological differences

wut
>>
>>49409513
I'm implying OP's example is fucking dumb.
>>
>>49409534
>I don't like it so it's dumb
>>
>>49409641
this thread in a nutshell
>>
>>49409368
You expected anything else in this shitshow of a thread?
>>
File: 1458419874529.jpg (313KB, 660x925px) Image search: [Google]
1458419874529.jpg
313KB, 660x925px
>>49383908
You need to alter their biology a little more, as reproduction will always be an issue as some anons pointed out.

Reduce their gestational periods by a considerable amount, at least by half, and extend their years of viable fertility to be more comparable to men's with them ending around their late 50s and early 60s.

This way reproduction is not only faster, it can be far more deliberate, putting less stress on replacing their numbers, and if needed bolstering them very quickly. Losing wombs is no longer as hard of a hit.
>>
>>49408832
How? It's literally been proven that that's one of the major reasons males take on the most dangerous jobs of most societies, even those that don't necessarily require a great deal of strength. It's why the "protector" role is so ingrained in most cultures, and why "mens work" is often much more difficult and dangerous compared to "womens work."

This isn't necessarily an active, conscious decision, but an underlying issue all societies face that creates certain cultural and social outcomes.
>>
>>49410153
Considering most fantasy tabletop games have races that can live several hundred years, would that even be an issue? An elf could be having babies in her 300's.
>>
>>49410228
Because I was working under the assumption that they were otherwise comparable to humans, including life span. Now say they lived an average of 2 centuries then that's a whole other deal.
>>
>>49410285
I learned about Amazons through Wonder Woman before mythology, so I always figured they were long-lived.
>>
What if the Amazons somehow developed a style of warfare in which there is very little loss of life on their side? If even a crushing defeat only has a dozen women die than they could afford to have a culture that believes being a soldier isn't suitable for men.
>>
>>49383908
Just scrape the whole idea of women being extra huge, this is getting too retarded.

Take a normal society and make the females as big and strong as men so that they're still seen as larger than regular women, and are capable of fighting against men.
>>
>>49410153
I'm going to repeat my previous post, >>49400775, and say a better solution would be to unfuck the way their body handle's pregnancy/birth, simply having them not be terribly affected by pregnancy until the late stages means they can still pitch in, though likely not on the front lines
>>
>>49410552
>Just scrape the whole idea of women being extra huge, this is getting too retarded.
Why?
>>
>>49410760
Because when it comes down to it, making females the larger sex does nothing to affect the society if everything else is still the same.

Its just absurd to make them bigger, and for no apparent reason you're still gonna treat them like normal women that absolutely have to sit at home for 8 months doing nothing.

So maybe they do a lot of farmwork? I don't know.
>>
>>49409147
The issues cannot be solved simply because "they lived there for hundreds or thousands of years." The fact of the matter is that big people require more food than little people, larger brains, larger muscles, more body to pump all their blood to reach all of these require energy that come from actual sources, whether from supply lines or foraging, you cannot (realistically) ignore these. Now such a society presumably could support its own population outside of famines and could support its armies during warfare but due to their size their armies would be harder to support.

The end result is that the army must sacrifice something, either it is slower, it is dangerously vulnerable to severing its supply lines, or its armies are fewer in numbers than those of other groups. Honestly the guy proposing body builder style amazons is probably on the best path, while they shouldn't be built as body builders, having a healthy paunch would actually allow their army to be more flexible when it comes to supply as it means they could go relatively long periods of time without standard caloric requirements. They would still need food obviously but due to having decent fat reserves they could last much longer with less than their normal required fat reserves. Their actual carried food would likely be very protein dense to allow them to get their required nutrients while using their fat reserves to supplement the lost calories.

Realistically they would probably keep stuff like dried liver and nuts or something as a sort of disgusting trail mix. If you want to go the comedy route, a bunch of buff women with paunches chugging protein shakes.
>>
>>49383908
I believe the intelligent way to do this is to have it so that the nation's armies are, in fact, still mostly male, but with several units of the bigger, stronger females that function as shock troops.
Of course, everyone who's come back from fighting their armies tends to emphasize the "massive women crushing our defensive lines with ease," leading to the misconception that the entirety of their army is female.

No wonky pregnancy things, no risk to the overall population's reproductive capacity, just a society whose XX chromosomes cause abnormal growth taking advantage of their particular mutation.
>>
>>49411186
>Its just absurd to make them bigger, and for no apparent reason you're still gonna treat them like normal women that absolutely have to sit at home for 8 months doing nothing.
Okay, that is a god point, no explanation just made it seem like you were trying to shot it down for no real reason

I do agree with you that simply making them bigger won't help much
How do you think my suggestion of making them sturdier/less incapacitated by pregnancy/child birth would affect things? (I guess basically giving them a CON boost alongside STR and size)

>>49411230
I would assume by default that when world building a civilization can sustain itself unless otherwise noted when the campaign starts, at least on the short term
>>
>>49411230
>The issues cannot be solved simply because "they lived there for hundreds or thousands of years."
>cannot into magic

Why are you on /tg/?
>>
Unique physiology leading to unique culture!

Amazons are like cats and are highly active even up until the month of birth. They have litters of 3-8 children. Children also mature faster than normal (some rarely have been known to walk within minutes of their birth) and have their own kids around the time people used to get married in ancient history, like 15 or so. Male children are extremely rare, so they use outsiders most of the time. A boy is coddled and seen as a gift from the Gods so they end up as local celebrities.
>>
>>49411362
Yeah its a good idea to make them better at dealing with pregnancy.

My main problem is to get around the overwhelming overlap of their fertility and their physical prime. Considering they have to reproduce during their youth.
Just feels like such a waste.

>>49411307
I kinda like this idea

While older women are still powerful against most enemies, there can be the occasional young amazon that completely dominates the battlefield.
>>
>>49383908
>50% more massive.

Krishna's tits. I want you to think about the implications of that.
>>
>>49411696

...Do you just not have ogres and giants in your fantasy settings?
>>
>>49389372
Every birth is multiples, always 2 sterile females, sometimes one fertile female, occasionally a fertile male as a 4th.

Not quite bees, but now more than half your culture is surplus females that could possibly be suited for battle.
>>
>>49384156
>a new generation secured
Except, it isn't. Under ideal circumstances, a woman has to have 2 babies to maintain, and at least 3 to grow, the population. And in the past you had very high infant mortality, often as high as 50%. As well as a high rate of women dying in childbirth, most often their first birth, which is usually the most difficult. Those facts put even more pressure on women to have more kids, both to fend off infant death rates, and to make up for potential population growth lost with the death of young mothers.

This means to keep the population even stable, most women would need to birth to at least 4 kids, probably more. Before modern medicine, it was necessary for women to pump out as many kids as they could to keep the species growing and offset disease and wara.

This is why a woman warrior culture has never really existed historically, not in any serious way. It just wasn't practical, and without magic, technology, or some evolutionary changes in OPs setting, it would always be a flawed premise.
>>
>>49412779
> Under ideal circumstances, a woman has to have 2 babies to maintain, and at least 3 to grow, the population

Wouldn't that entirely depend on death rates?
>>
>>49383908
>taking amazons seriously

There's nothing realistic about it. Don't over think it.
>>
>>49411362
>I would assume by default that when world building a civilization can sustain itself unless otherwise noted when the campaign starts, at least on the short term
As I said they presumably can. That doesn't mean they can field armies as mobile and the same side as other races. They need more food, this is an issue for an army that cannot be magically solved.

>>49411437
So why don't other armies use that same magic to make their armies more mobile or larger?
>>
>>49385987
>>>r/incel
>>
>>49412963
>So why don't other armies use that same magic to make their armies more mobile or larger

...it's the same magic that explains ogres and giants...
>>
>>49413053
I don't know of any settings where ogres and giants field entire armies of equal size and mobility to humans and orcs. Once again I am not saying their society cannot exist I am saying their armies cannot be equal in strategic mobility and scale to those of smaller races simply due to the logistics of procuring enough food for the soldiers as well as any pack animals they might have.
>>
Chalk it up to a badass goddess/entity they worship. Rituals in infancy make for Amazonian women.
>>
>>49413125
> equal size and mobility to humans and orcs

Well no shit dumbass

> comparable size and mobility
>>
>>49413299
Holy shit you fucking retard I mean as an army, as in the number of soldiers. If Orcs can only field armies up to 50,000 soldiers before running into severe logistic problems in an area than ogres or giants will be limited to a much smaller force due to their greater need for food.
>>
>>49413332

A smaller force of equal fucking strength

Your arguing over fucking nothing. Who the fuck was saying that the soldier count of an army of giant amazons would be the exact same of a regular army?
>>
>>49413368
>A smaller force of equal fucking strength
I never claimed anything about strength you fucking retard. This whole point boils down to.
>9 foot tall ogre amazons have a slower marching speed that smaller races
Which is true if they want to field armies of the same size of those other races.

Do you consider yourself literate?
>>
>>49413400
>Which is true if they want to field armies of the same size of those other races.

Why the fuck would they ever want to field armies of the same fucking size? God fucking christ how stupid are you? They would want to field as much as they can support and what would be enough to kick the ass of whatever they are fighting with.

And they would have a warfare style to support that method of war. Fuck for all we know they could just eat the fuckers that they kill. If they have the ability to march faster then why wouldn't they set up supply systems that take advantage or facilitate their faster marching speed?

Jesus fucking christ take your head out of your ass and imagine a different perspective.
>>
>>49413443
>Why the fuck would they ever want to field armies of the same fucking size?
Because being outnumbered is bad. Are you really this retarded?

>Our doctrine hinges on literally always being outnumbered
>>
>>49413521

>Because being outnumbered is bad.

Ok so yeah you're trolling if you literally cannot understand all the variables at work when you fight someone 50% your size and three times as strong.

https://youtu.be/DwN6IncWcjk?t=2m30s

I hope this helps you out in some way.

(p.s. it's the reason that bringing down one elephant is different than bringing down a herd, and think about how much training it requires to split up a group of people who could literally kill you in a punch)
>>
>>49413597
>Ok so yeah you're trolling if you literally cannot understand all the variables at work when you fight someone 50% your size and three times as strong.
>Force multipliers aren't a thing
>Especially in a setting with magic

Javelins are things, arrows are things, cavalry is a thing, spears are things. After all armies have defeated elephants and the like before. But yeah, a scene from a fictional movie totally invalidates all of human warfare.
>>
>>49413629
>Javelins are things, arrows are things, cavalry is a thing, spears are things.
>Fantasy races won't have weapons and techniques meant to counter these tools because nobody said that they do
>Therefore I'm free to assume that they mystically evolved in a vacuum never having to learn about the world or wage war
>>
File: Jack-Sparrow.jpg (79KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Sparrow.jpg
79KB, 400x274px
>>49387587
>>
>>49413629
>Javelins are things, arrows are things, cavalry is a thing, spears are things. After all armies have defeated elephants and the like before

This anon has a point. Arrows, javelins, and cavalry developed for giants would be fucking terrifying for an army to face.
>>
>>49413597
Oh, your scientific use of the Princess Bride just really destroyed any argument against you, bravo
>>
>>49413656
>its a fantasy therefore they automatically have the means to do anything

There's always gonna be at least one thing that can be used to counter giants.

They can't prepared 100% of the time.
>>
>>49413837

Yeah, and common bullshit that any army would have so it's completely fucking reasonable for giants to have strategies and equipment to deal with it will not be that fucking counter.

Of fucking course there is always room to outsmart enemies, that's a given for every fucking creature and organization fucking ever. Just when you say shit like "hurr durr they can't stop these common things they would have already been up against" that is incredibly dumb as fuck
>>
>>49413817
theoretically, would the amazons have the means to produce armor and weapons suited to their size and strength?

armor might be easy, but weapons have to be both big and durable for them to not crush with a hard grip

they might just have to resort to using their fists
>>
>>49414177

>what are fantasy materials
>>
>>49414177

They'd probably just make weapons out of mithril and the like. Failing that they could just make some really kickass giant gauntlets for punching things to death.
>>
>>49414177
>but weapons have to be both big and durable for them to not crush with a hard grip
Unless they default to retardo strength that's ridiculous, hell most melee weapons would benefit sturdiness wise from being scaled up, not to mention how terrifying their bows would be, that an't a problem even before fantasy materials are factored in
>>
>>49384058
>>49384127
Earlier menopause but longer time before other detrimental effects of age start up?
Hell maybe make it so it's the menopause that hits the mad swole growth.

So women from 16 to 30: baby machines.
30 to 35: hitting the gyms.
Women from 35 to 50: murder machines.
>>
>>49399519
Honestly, anyone using Amazons as anything but Muscle Girl fetish fuel then they are doing it wrong. Its a stupid concept. Not a bad one, just a stupid one. Overthinking it makes it bad.
>>
>>49415769
>Honestly

Oh, maybe anon has some good insights!

>anyone using Amazons as anything but Muscle Girl fetish fuel then they are doing it wrong

...oh
>>
>>49415661
What's the point of besting a powerful woman and earning her respect if you don't get to make genetically superior babies afterwards?
>>
>>49413837
As far as I understand the giants and the tinies are supposed to be equally intelligent.
For the tinies to win by superior preperation a certain degree of chance is required. A lot of factors have to combine. Otherwise the bigger and stronger guys win.
>>
>>49385987

Women are wonderful is sociological, not biological, and says nothing about the way women think but about the way society as a whole thinks. You're an idiot.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 457x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 457x256px
>>49383908
I think most of the thread has made a sufficiënt case for why amazon societies wouldn't work if you want logic to apply.

Here's how I think they could work.
A combination of those bikini bodyguard squads and temple virgins. There's a god that chooses strong and beautiful women to be his valkries. They drink from his fountain of youth and live forever on his mountain to protect his temple. You encounter them when trying to invade the god(dess?)'s domain but they could also potentially be a player character if they give up their gift of immortality to leave the mountain.
>>
>>49387721
What if the reason the invaders want to invade in the first place is because their land is fertile enough to feed 9' tall giants?
>>
>>49416068
>I think most of the thread has made a sufficiënt case for why amazon societies wouldn't work if you want logic to apply.

It's like you ignored the thread entirely.
>>
>>49416082

But that wouldn't align perfectly with his imaginary scenario that proves his argument!
>>
>>49416068
>I think most of the thread has made a sufficiënt case for why amazon societies wouldn't work if you want logic to apply.
Not really, most of said arguments have been pretty half assed and there's plenty of ways around them
>>
>>49416134
>>49416107
I was talking about the baby stuff, not the giant people logistics.
>>
>>49416420

Yeah and people have talked about the baby stuff too.

You shouldn't ignore a whole thread when you make claims that the thread supports your statement when it doesn't at all.
>>
>>49417172
Maybe you should take another look at the discussion.
>>
>>49383908
The only non-stupid way to do this is to have some curse or disease that renders about 10% of women infertile while at the same time making them grow bigger and stronger. There's no way to build a plausible Amazons society where they are 100% of the female population.
>>
>>49417172
It's a complication that requires lists of justifications and alternate biological functions. That's enough of a case.
>>
>>49383960
>harem
>strong genes
What is fertile age
What is "one pregnancy at a time"
What is maternal investment

This is why amazons are always shit unless done by an exceptionally thoughtful GM.
>>
It's also simply possible to write a society that almost glorifies inefficiency and has turned it into a status symbol (and in the process of doing it became pretty damn good at it).
For example, a society surrounded by primitive tribes goes through massive technological developments when some important technology, for example more advanced chemical theory (allowing for better medicine, weaponry, food preservation and agriculture in one fell swoop).
The country's infant mortality rate drops heavily, while the birth rate stays the same - and this lessens the pressure for women to find jobs, as there are already more than enough children on the way. Some of them stay in "female" jobs, while others go into the army - more advanced weapons and armor allow many veterans to retire, and as a show of power (as well as to create jobs), the government decides to support women going into the army.
After all, the greatest victory is a diplomatic one that shames the opposition - by maintaining a mainly female army, it becomes a mortal shame for the opposition to even win a hard-earned victory, and most countries decide to not declare war with them after superior weapons and technology gets them decimated and their country absorbed.
Of course, an army that doesn't fight doesn't grow strong - so as a matter of patriotism, jingoism and just plain nipping the problem in the bud, the government heavily encourages a strong warrior culture in the women of the army. While they don't fight other countries very often, their training becomes more and more brutal as a matter of national pride, and as better medical technology allows for safe births in the 30-45 year age range, it becomes common for women to serve in the army for one to two decades before settling down to have children. There are those that never really retire, but these are compensated for by a high birth rate being culturally expected of those women who refuse to enter the army or manual labor jobs.
>>
>>49383908
Amazons in our parties setting are just a broad cult dedicated to Enyo/Bellona, Goddess of Warfare. Y'know the drill; valorous conduct, skill in battle, all that jazz.

Their society is almost exactly the same as ancient Greece; the Amazons are only higher ranked in the social pyramid because they are blessed by the divine. And the Amazons only look down on most men because they are weak of the mind, of the heart, and of the spine.

Hell, the Barbarian pulled a Hercules and slew a dire lion, and now there's a few Amazons wanting to get in his pants.
>>
>>49417377
For men, it's considered a status symbol to not have to enter the army and instead being able to use one's life on a safe and stable job, and the only men who enter the army are flunkies, village idiots and rebels who're unlikely to get married or have many children.
Meanwhile, selective breeding as a result of strong jingoism and a good awareness of heredity results in women who're generally naturally inclined to fight - the usual high-status marriage is between a man who works a clerical or craftman's job, and a woman who's been in the army or assorted manual labor for a decade or so. The lower class is generally not subject to this, as it consists mainly of men who aren't qualified to or refused to do crafts and clerical work, as well as women who weren't suited to be in the army or (more commonly) simply not wanting to, and as such being a weak woman or a strong man becomes a stigma that implies bad breeding and inferior genetic material.
As science advances, the strongly militaristic and showy society (after a long period of peace, which causes a lot of more hoo-ah countries to go stir-crazy) focuses development on nutrition, eugenics, group psychology and more or less morally dubious ways of making women more capable and willing in combat.
The system is enforced mostly by men, who're still the most educated people in society and hold a lot of government positions - why put oneself on the front line to die or into a manual-labor job to end up with a bad back at 40 if the women can do it? On top of that, they're almost ensured a trophy wife who's served in the military and can protect them as well as give them status - there's no reason from their viewpoint to revolutionize society. While problems with women's naturally lower muscle mass and demanding pregnancies come up, they're solved or mitigated through science and discipline instead of men needing to relinquish their status.
>>
>>49409676
More like
>it's dumb so I don't like it
If you really need so much bullshit to justify your fetish to the point where you might as well make a new inhuman race then consider, is it worth it?
>>
>>49417436
In the in-setting equivalent of the modern day, the country is probably feared and revered despite its army being 90% female - the country's strong militaristic spirit and propaganda technology makes the outside feel like it's working perfectly instead of the country just having overcome or mitigated a lot of problems with a mostly-female army because of its head start in chemistry and scientific theory (now continued by a male caste of researchers and scientists who're pressed almost as hard as the women, only for the purpose of creating military technology and intelligence technology).
The country's armed forces are probably well-armed and well-armored, as well as with fantastic morale due to generations of propaganda and peak physical potential due to selective breeding and possibly even genetic manipulation - but they field mostly infantry as a show of national pride and confidence, and the country's birth rate is starting to look slightly below-average as other countries advance technologically. With the pride of the country at stake and the risk of a full-scale invasion or rebellion instead of the small-scale border scuffles which have kept the army sharp (for a given degree of the word) for ages, the country decides to re-up its propaganda, giving the rest of the world an impression of it as a country that's almost entirely run by women, to add to the shame inherent in losing or even barely winning. Women are promoted to generals and other previously mainly male desk officer jobs, and the male intellectuals and politicians draw further into the background, erasing their presence from media broadcasts and playing frail and wispy when they appear in public with half a dozen heavily armed warrior women backing them - and when the country actually goes to war, the possibility of martial and thus all-female rule isn't far off.
And here, you see how what started as just a "quick post" became a three-series post about Amazon fascists.
>>
>>49417172
Your only argument so far is "handwave stuff and also lolmagic".

Just do another inhuman race and say fuck it my dude, your fetish doesn't need all that brain power just for a quick wank.
>>
>>49404297

>Because charging out of the walls into superior numbers has worked so well in the past.

Why the fuck do the invaders have superior numbers? Home team has their male army in addition to their giant women. Invaders only have the male army. Unless the targeted realm is smaller (in which case of course they are at a disadvantage), the invaders will be outnumbered.
>>
>>49417320
>>49417453
>Handwave alternative biological bullshit
I honestly can't think of a single system that goes into that fine detail of each race's biology for that complaint to be relevant
Hell, I don't think any of said explanations given would make the differences between them and humans nearly as large as half the in setting explanations I've about the biological differences between humans and elves or dwarfs

>>49417520
>Inhuman
Unless you have a very specific view of humanlike traits, the ideas so far aren't any less human than elves or orcs
>>
File: violet rat queens.jpg (2MB, 1988x2451px) Image search: [Google]
violet rat queens.jpg
2MB, 1988x2451px
>>49383908
Easy fix: Amazon women, being physically larger, can give birth to litters of "normal" sized human babies, i.e., multiple children at once, and often do, like 5-6 babies at a time. This way, they only need to give birth once or twice and they've already done their duty to the tribe to maximize numbers. These numbers will of course be countered by attrition rates from how easy it is to die in this region (war, famine, plague, etc). This way, women can still be "expendable" and thus permitted to perform front-line military service and other dangerous work, since the tribe realistically only needs a few of them to at least maintain their numbers.

When do they give birth? Either before or after a mandatory military service. This way, they're "out of action" for only a year or two, giving birth, but spend the rest of their lives combat ready.

There, that's the pregnancy/repopulation issue solved.
>>
>>49383908
To get "realistic" Amazons you have three main options OP
(Though all of them will still get /tg/ bitching about it, mostly from people who've never played games and will demand you account for everything in hyperautistic detail), that said

1. Mixed gender army with them being an "army of amazons" only due to exaggerations

2. Increase rate of birth to account for losses

3. Increase surviability

Given you want Amazons, I'd guess 1 is out,
How you do 2 isn't really important as anything except fluff unless you're going full ultra simulationest and could range from "they have litters" to "pregnancy/childbirth doesn't really affect them" to "Prolonged fertility/shorter pregnancy" which one you pic will have different effects but none of them would result in anything too strange
Going with 3 SHOULD have mechanical effects, even if it only results in a big enough stat boost to justify an increase in CR, making them more dangerous in combat or just plan durable enough that most losses in battle are easily absorbed

Personally I'd go with a mix of 2 and 3, they're bigger, stronger, and more durable (CON boost) to the point that a level 1 amazon is about the equivalent of a level 3-5 member of other races meaning they're more likely to survive combat and as a side effect of their increased size/durability early to mid stage pregnancy doesn't really slow them down that much and they have less to fear from childbirth than normal human women leaving them with less downtime and less likely to incur losses
>>
File: 1279485560570.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1279485560570.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>49383908
>Thread title: Doing amazons intelligently
>turns it into some fetish shit literally in the first sentence

At least make it so that your bizarro-world reverse dimorphism is the biological property of some race/species and not a "it just happens on the secret island of Musclevagina".
>>
>>49416068
>A combination of those bikini bodyguard squads and temple virgins. There's a god that chooses strong and beautiful women to be his valkries. They drink from his fountain of youth and live forever on his mountain to protect his temple. You encounter them when trying to invade the god(dess?)'s domain but they could also potentially be a player character if they give up their gift of immortality to leave the mountain.
I quiet like this idea, although it seems OPS was looking or something a little less explicitly magical.
>>
>>49413656
What the fuck are you smoking.
>Amazons shouldn't ever even want equal numbers
>Because they are the bestest soldiers ever
>Anything that can defeat them has a solution that nobody can think of
>Even though real people have faced similar obstacles and managed to overcome them

So what amazons have super duper shields and weapons that nobody else can counter because reasons? There is no impenetrable defence and larger numbers are always preferable.
>>
I like how some autist posted two long rants about "realistic" amazon societies, and everyone else ignored it because either they want 9-foot amazon superhumans or they just want to make the opposition look like they do.
It's saying something that autism of that caliber stands out from the rest of the thread.
>>
>>49420679
I assumed he meant that such things would be a known factor and like any rational actor the Amazons would try to plan around such things (and the ones they're fighting would also act in a similar way), so it's less he's saying they're invincible so much as he's saying going "Nuh uh, X would slaughter them all and they couldn't defend against it because reasons" is stupid for much the same reason the idea of the Amazons having super duper shields and weapons is

And while you're being sarcastic, increased STR/size would allow them to carry larger/thicker shields and armor, that would make such things less dangerous to them (though again, being rational actors those fighting the amazons would try to work around such things)
>>
File: 1268496627543.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1268496627543.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>49385987

You don't need any of that shit. There's a pseudo-historical shoujo manga, I forget its name, that showcased the only realistic, down-to-earth society where all warriors are women, and it fucked with only one variable: numbers.

In that manga, women are not special or magical in any way. They are not stronger than men (in fact they're just as weak physically as in real life), they don't give birth in five minutes, nothing weird going on with them. But the birth ratio is different. There's ten thousand women born for every one man.

That's all it takes. Suddenly women have to take up every grunt job, every dangerous task, not because they're any good at it, but simply because they're the expendable sex. Men are rare and prized, locked away in harems, they have no power to vote or own anything, and their only job is to fuck and sire more children, preferably men. Most women will never even see a man in their lifetime, while the richest and most powerful women can even have a man of their own.

I wish I could remember its name.
>>
>>49420977
Was that the one with the plague that fucked over the gender ratios in japan?
Something along the lines of a brother's price or something?
>>
>>49409101
>>49408979
>>49409009
I think I'm going to have Ogers be culturally based on Tumblrinas. Goblins will be Nu males.

I wonder if the players will even notice.

>Fat isn't cool, it's not beautiful. SJW amazons won't attract
STOP RAPING ME WITH YOUR HATE SPEACH
>>
>>49421002
>brother's price
That was a different one I think
>>
>>49383908
I actually had amazons in my setting, I also have an autistic anal retentive moron who got butthurt amazons were in it so I needed to solve this issue

1) Childbirth does not hinder an Amazon. When they get pregnant they begin packing on extra layers of muscle, childbirth on the campaign of battle is not unheard of and actually prefered. the Children are rushed back by experienced Midwives on Horseback to the Amazon Empire. Amazon children are also much more durable than a normal human child.

2) Amazons always have birth to twins, with Triplets not being uncommon

3) Amazons have a 10:1 woman man ratio

4) Amazon men are not seen because they're so rare

5) Amazon men are strong and adept as women, but they're not allowed to fight because a pureborn Amazon will be exceptionally strong than a halfblood.

Basically, Amazons can breed like rabbits, but have few men so they have women soldiers as a common direction.
>>
>>49420570
It's not really amazons if every woman is like that.
For it to be amazons most of the world has to be patriarchal condescending pricks except for one forgotten tribe of warrior women.
>>
>>49418293
It's sort of weird if they're as different from humans as orcs and elves though. Those are magical and alien. Amazons as a popular fiction trope are usually human.
>>
>>49423509
>Those are magical and alien.
They should be but in most setting elves and orcs are just long lived tree humans and brutish greed raiders respectively
>>
>>49423631
They're alien enough for different lifespans and litter births not to break immersion.
>>
>>49423881
Lifespan doesn't really break immersion for me, though that may be because in most games it just seems an informed trait, litter births I'll give you that, though I personally think less strenuous single births fit better
>>
>>49383908
Due to radical hormone alterations, women in this amazon society tend to reach menopause earlier than normal human women do, usually by age 30.

Once a woman reaches menopause she is considered "dead" by society. These women often become full-time soldiers, most of them working in the front lines, though quite a few of them live in barracks working as farmers or hunters or whatever else is necessary to keep the community afloat.

Young women are more like the reserves. They all have combat training skills, but because they are can have children their society tends to try and keep them away from directly participating in battle when possible. Such women tend to function more as guards and train daily to keep their skills sharps.

Female births tend to radically outnumber male births (around 5 women for every one male). Due to the fact that in your society men tend to be weaker and smaller than women they typically lead more sedentary, protective lives. They are often teachers, gatherers and farmers with more of a focus on less laborious activities.
>>
It could work if you went with the sort of warfare early Greece/Italy had.

Less fullscale war, and more skirmishes and raids with some individual duels. The location and time of the skirmish would be agreed upon before hand, and what number of fighting men(fighting women, in this case) would be present.

>Three hundred versus three hundred, by the foot of the hill near the northern shrine, outside of that one city. What ever force survives with the least amount of causalities is to be declared the winner, and shall possess the city and her surrounding territory and all within it.

This is really only feasible in low tech settings, and would be interesting to see this society fall apart as warfare becomes more large-scale
>>
>>49421002
A Brother's Price is an actual novel though, not a shoujo manga. Speaking of which...

>>49420977
>shoujo manga
Why would shit like this have a female target audience, when it's womankind's biggest nightmare? And not even in the same way a zombie apocalypse is mankind's biggest nightmare because we all know zombie's are just a guiltfree target for our sadistic power fantasies.
>>
File: 1456386265688.jpg (1MB, 2400x2091px) Image search: [Google]
1456386265688.jpg
1MB, 2400x2091px
>>49425353
>Why would shit like this have a female target audience, when it's womankind's biggest nightmare?

Maybe some girls like the idea of being dominant?

Power fantasy?
>>
>>49383908

Can't be done, OP. Amazons are somebody's fetish, so no matter what or how much thought you put into it, your concept is ALWAYS going to be magical realm-tier shit.

It's a lost cause from the start.
>>
>>49425852
So I geuss Herodotus was a fetish fag for recounting how the scythian boys fugged the amazons?
>>
>>49426616

yes.
>>
>>49426639
>not wanting to meet your sexy warrior wife when you both go to the bathroom
>not being a genesis of a whole people

faggot.
>>
>>49420977
>>49421002
Ōoku: The Inner Chambers is a manga set in an alternate early 18th century Japan. Some eighty years prior a plague devastated the country's male population, causing Japan to become completely matriarchial with women holding all important political positions. The story focuses on a young man from a poor rural village who decided to join the Ōoku, the Shogun's harem.

Though in that story the gender ratio is only 4 women for every man, which honestly i think would be more likely to result in a society where every man has multiple wives than one where the women are in charge. On the other hand a gender ratio of 10 000 women per man is utterly unsustainable. The would mean every man would need to have ten thousand children, on average in order to maintain the population. Two or three times than that, actually, when you account for infant mortality. It's just not practicable at all. Your ratio can't really get much worse than a hundred women per man, or your society will simply die out from lack of men.
>>
>>49425852
Everything is someone's fetish, if you give a shit about that you'll just go paranoid and be mr NoFunAllowed
>>
>>49427487
>Though in that story the gender ratio is only 4 women for every man, which honestly i think would be more likely to result in a society where every man has multiple wives than one where the women are in charge. On the other hand a gender ratio of 10 000 women per man is utterly unsustainable. The would mean every man would need to have ten thousand children, on average in order to maintain the population. Two or three times than that, actually, when you account for infant mortality. It's just not practicable at all. Your ratio can't really get much worse than a hundred women per man, or your society will simply die out from lack of men.
If memory serves, they was originally a much higher women to men ratio and things were starting to normalize by the time the story is set in
>>
>>49417549
The invaders haven't been practicing demographic suicide by sending their women into battle over the last however many generations. Growth in an Amazon society will be stunted.
>>
I'm just going to point out that spotted Hyenas are about 50% larger than the males, and have a social structure where even the highest ranking male bows to the lowest ranking female.

And they are the most successful large predator in Africa.

If you want a blueprint for female supremacy, look there.
>>
>>49428321
Gnolls are already a thing
>>
>>49428321
Painted dogs are the most successful predators in Africa
>>
where the FUCK are all the sexy amazon pics i came to this thread for.
>>
>>49428321
>And they are the most successful large predator in Africa.
man is the most successful large predator in Africa
>>
>>49430427
that's 3 mins i'm never getting back
>>
>>49420508
The way I'd do 3 is to make Amazon soldiers who die in combat reincarnate at a sacred place in their homeland through the grace of their goddess. Probably as a young child without any memories so it's still a loss on a personal level and leaves them needing to devote resources to training them, but preserves the manpower of the nation. Being able to live a full life and die of old age would be every woman's greatest goal, but patriotism keeps the army well supplied. Of course they're also stronger than the average woman, at least on par with most male soldiers and likely a bit stronger.
>>
>>49430454

Especially the Dutch and the Belgians.
>>
>>49431183
man, fantasy amazons would be FUCKED if they went up against those guys
>>
>>49431133
Eh, I was assuming mid to low fantasy, just enough to justify them but not enough to justify divine intervention on that scale

Still that would technically work as long as they don't take too huge of a loss at once
>>
>>49431194
Depends on level of magic
>>
File: 1468244293688.jpg (10KB, 150x169px) Image search: [Google]
1468244293688.jpg
10KB, 150x169px
>>49431183
>mfw Dutch-blooded(grandparents came from Groningen)
>mfw I dont know a lick of Dutch
>mfw the only thing people know about my people are wooden shoes

I shouldve asked my grandma tot teach me Dutch when I was younger. Shit.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.