[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long lasting games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: W 2082.png (293KB, 990x1024px) Image search: [Google]
W 2082.png
293KB, 990x1024px
/tg/ I need advice I seem to have terrible luck with groups in longevity. I am not sure if its my fault or not I play irl and online but the longest game I was in ran for about year. I have played super detailed RP to just dungeon crawlers but nothing ever lasts.
>>
File: 1471661014336.jpg (393KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471661014336.jpg
393KB, 1024x1024px
If all your past relationships have gone badly, the one thing they have in common is you, the real problem.
>>
File: 1473896508141.jpg (111KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1473896508141.jpg
111KB, 1024x1024px
>>49375843
They don't end badly they just kinda fade out.
Its like every game starts with a lit candle of creativity only to burn out in a few months.
>>
If you play with the same people and they keep loosing interest then maybe it's time to try something different? If you're always getting together with whatever randoms you can find then it's random chance that they even want a long term campaign. If you're worried about how you're running games then try and look at the long running series you've watched/played/read and try and figure out what you like about them that keep you coming back. Interesting characters and stories will always help, but a lot of the time you'll have different people sharing the same story and it can be hard to keep them all invested.
>>
File: tfw drowning.png (83KB, 790x773px) Image search: [Google]
tfw drowning.png
83KB, 790x773px
>>49375809
I know the feel of not being able to hang onto a group. I have to start making it so the story only lasts two or three sessions because the squid life makes it a bitch to keep to a single day a week, and everyone around me keeps going TAD or getting PCS'd elsewhere. My longest-running group lasted about two months MAX.
>>
Extra heretical response coming.

Why don't you try /mlp/?

I'm looking at one group on their 85th session. From the looks of it here, most groups don't make it to a 5th session, let alone the 8th one.
>>
>>49376148
Didn't know mlp ran anything let alone a table top
>>
>>49376172
They've got an image board dedicated RP system, they usually run during the American evening thread. Just ctrl+f for the FEMTO thread.

As long as you aren't a /b/tard and have basic social skills, you can get invited to their other systems, like their Ponycraft (yes, Pathfinder + Ponies) games or to try out their Fallout system.

Yeah, they're pony themed, but they give you lots of other options. At the same time, once you make some friends there, you'll usually find yourself having access to other games, or at least willing and capable volunteers for stuff like Stars Without Numbers and Traveller and other niche RPGS.
>>
>>49375809
Assuming a session/week, a year-long game is pretty long by any standard. That's a long time to be playing one game.
>>
>>49376148
Huehuehue. Wish I knew other horsefuckers IRL. I could run some kickass campaigns in Equestria.
>>
>>49376172
There's MLP everything just like there's furry everything. You can't devote your life completely to a children's television show with only a few dozen episodes without dragging it into other things.
>>
>>49375809
There's another end of the scale you don't want to reach.

3 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 8 months. Lots of progress, but I'd never do it again.
>>
>>49376020
>the squid life
huh?
>going TAD or getting PCS'd
what?

Goddammit I'm getting old aren't I? Kids these days and their newfangled lingo. Grumble grumble in my day grumble grumble...
>>
>>49377435
Squid = Navy

TAD essentially means moving to a different ship to do a deployment then coming back after X amount of time. Common when your ship's in the yard getting work done. PCS means moving to a different station permanently.
>>
>>49377964
Thanks anon. Here I was thinking I wasn't keeping up with the memes. Not a lot of Navy types here in the great plains.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.