[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Campaign Setting Idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1473935044857.webm (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473935044857.webm
2MB, 960x720px
Here's the elevator pitch.

You have two large landmasses, the first one is populated by humanity, their technology mirrors that of 13th century europe.

The other is America but instead of humans you have differant sentient entities that are less technologicaly advanced but have actual access to magic. Rituals to conjure elementals, necromancy, Druidic terraphorming you name it.

Now, imagine a cataclysm that manages to make these two isolated world meet. Meteor, earthquakes, tsunamis whatever.

Thoughts?
>>
What prevents America from just buttfucking the 13th century people? Unless that's the idea.
>>
>>49368004
Need more details, sounds way too unclear right now.

Give us some quick details on the Humans, but we need a lot more on the entities. Calling it America might have been a bad choice.
>>
>>49368061
A meteorite carrying a Crystaline parasite is slowly turning all land into crystal formations which can come alive and perpetuate itself. This plague is highly resistant to magic.
>>49368063
i admit, america was just a placeholder name honestly, same for europe they're just to generate a quick mental picture.

Humanity is ruled by a single emperor who's kingdom is slowly slipping away from him due to the emergence of powerful guilds.

I juggled with the idea of having a monotheistic religion that would allow humanity to benefit from classic clerical magic but keep it to miracles and subtle effects nothing close to wrath of god or raise dead.
>>
>>49368192
These sentient entities, we still need more information. Are you just using those words to hide the fact they are animal dude/ttes?
>>
>>49368063
The entities are animalistic versions of Inuits, aztecs, mayas, native americans and other world cultures.

And no i'm not into the whole fur thing i just think Humanoid sharks and bears are cool
>>
Sounds good.

Do it.
>>
>>49368293
Listen bruh, you gotta chillax. Dial it down by about 20%, cool down. No one really minds anthropomorphic characters on /tg/, just look at the race options of 95% of all RPGs, it's not a rarity.

So do they have all those governments existing at the same time? Is there some sort of unified empire or system that ties them all together?
>>
>>49368344
>>49368293
Yeah like a ton of tg races are anthropomorphic, a furry is someone who actively participates in the fandom.
>>
>>49368344
>Listen bruh, you gotta chillax. Dial it down by about 20%, cool down.
No worries i meant no ill will.

Any ideas? like what would you add?
I was thinking about gunpowder.
>>
>>49368419
Actually, I have a few questions for you.

What do you think would happen if they were to meet? How powerful are these guilds?

We need more information regarding the anthropeople. Walk me through one of their dude's daily life.
>>
>>49368465
>What do you think would happen if they were to meet?
Friendly relations for the most part, depends on who is there to greet them, not every race is friendly and open to strangers. Hell most of the races don't really work with each other.
Basicly, Anthros teach humans about magic, humans teach technology, try to convert to religion, trade etc.
>>49368465
>How powerful are these guilds?
Honestly i haven't developped that far ahead but i'm mostly going to have these guilds be powerful enough to fuel an army or expedition across the newly made passage. I have alot of research to do before i am remotely close to knowledgable about guilds in late dark age europe.
>>49368465
>We need more information regarding the anthropeople.
Daily life is still proocupied with village life. some races can do agriculture, others forage and hunt because of traditions. Others have more freetime, allowing them to explore the complexities of magic.

The daily life of a bearman for exemple would consist of whale hunting in the north with their hunting fleet of ships. the runts, children or women would stay behind in the village to work on basic life. Some of the villagers would go to the local shaman's hut to practice spirit summoning and general medicine work.

so far here's the 5 races i'd like to include. Tengus/Ravenfolk, Bears, Sharks, Salamanders and a near extinct race of Armadillomen. If there is already work done on any of these i'll gladly steal some of it to lessen the work load.
>>
You know, honestly, I'd be pretty down for playing literal Europe discovering an Americas populated by strange creatures and real magic.
>>
>>49368774
Germs guns and magic missiles!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.