[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My players built a house on a giant tortoise, bought lots of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

My players built a house on a giant tortoise, bought lots of rations and made a garden (The tortoise's shell has really fertile soil on it, there is a small forest on it already!).

My question is that what kind of interesting plot hooks or encounters I could do with this in mind. They are not in control of the tortoise, so it just goes about. Size scale is something like pic related, maybe a bit larger, with patches of trees on it instead of rock.

Game is Ryuutama, so I guess this is business as usual.
>>
>>49361349
>The tortoise wanders into an area that is filled with either a hostile faction or creatures that are extremely dangerous to anything smaller than a mountain
>The tortoise gets stuck
>The tortoise is a turtle, and is heading back towards the sea (while they sleep?)
>>
It's giant tortoise mating season. They built their house on a female. Try to avoid getting crushed by amorous male turtles.
>>
Is the tortoise the only one of its kind, or are there more?

>Eccentric scientists have studied the creature for years, believing your players are a part of the tortoise's microbiology, and want to kill your (admittedly hostile) players, put them in formaldehyde and study them

>Hemingway-styled big game hunter considers a giant creature with its own entourage as the ultimate challenge

>Tortoise is becoming increasingly aggressive and determined in its wanderings. Players soon learn that it smells female pheromones and is slowly making a beeline for the source - unfortunately, its course will take it straight through [hazardous terrain], killing it and them in the process

I Do Not Know How Ryuutama Or Tortoises Work: The Post
>>
>>49361566
This was actually discussed, in-setting only males grow forests on them for this very reason ;D.

>>49361446
Will think about these. I'm wondering whether to have something like nekogoblin raiders that swing onto the tortoise.
>>
File: MTS_malfoya-981260-ffff.jpg (164KB, 567x842px) Image search: [Google]
MTS_malfoya-981260-ffff.jpg
164KB, 567x842px
>>49361652
Ryuutama Garden Tortoises = Comfy as fuck. They're big and dumb, but the fertile soil has all kinds of herbs, for example.

Ryuutama is basically comfy-as-fuck: the game, and the players made the house into a moomin house.
>>
>>49361670
Even if it's a male, their stuff is gonna get literally flipped when it mounts a female.
>>
>>49361703
That sounds amazing, to be honest. If you're looking for "calmer" scenarios, how about the players waking up to find they're in a much colder climate, tortoise having wandered far overnight. Garden is slowly dying and shit won't grow due to frost. Cue them trying to lure the big guy further south again using carrot-on-a-stick or something similar.
>>
A storm is uprooting trees and washing away the soil. The players must minimize the damage, or lose their home.
>>
>flocks of aggressive migratory birds have come to roost in the tortoise's trees

>Swarthy men have come in the night and set up a camp on the other side of your garden. They're acting rather unneighborly

>The tortoise has wandered into the territory of another larger male tortoise. The people living on its back are quite pleasant. The tortoise is not.

>Every night your tortoise is more sluggish than ever. Do vampires live on the backs of giant bats?
>>
>>49362309
Oh my god, those are awesome! Thanks! Those neighbor-ideas are especially intriguing.

>>49361991
Might also use this, thanks!
>>
>>49361349
>It starts laying eggs
>It gets laid
>It's getting parasites in hard to reach places
>Winter started, it's hibernating
>The forest has hidden inhabitants that dug into the shell
>It meets a huge crocodile
>It gets stuck in a trap and might die from infection
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.