[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 23

File: WoDG.jpg (66KB, 560x318px) Image search: [Google]
WoDG.jpg
66KB, 560x318px
Previous Thread: >>49298009
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-mage-condition-and-numina-cards/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510

>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/life-on-mars-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What's your favorite minor splat and why?
>>
>>49341903
>What's your favorite minor splat and why?
SCIONS
>>
Wrong meeting notes, my bad

http://theonyxpath.com/enough-with-the-conventions-already-monday-meeting-notes/
>>
>>49342360
So I'm going to ask this, in the setting I'll be in the pack that controlled Wisconsin were the supernatural top dogs. They permitted Vampires and other supernatural in there land but it was understood it was because the pack felt they added to the ecosystem or benefited them.

Now that super pack is gone, it's shattered fragments building small weak packs of survivors. Meaning there is a clear power vaccum. What is likely to threaten Milwaukee wanting to fill that vaccum?
>>
>>49343301
SCIONS
>>
>>49343345
Scions?
>>
>>49343396
SCIONS
>>
>>49343406
Tell me about the gods anon, why do they wear the Mantles?!
>>
>>49343406
That...that would be like worrying the ST is going to say Terrestrial exalted are coming to fill the power vaccum.
>>
>>49343429
What is the nature of royalty?
>>
>>49343301

Your group, if you're lucky. Most likely, though, you'll see a rise in Pure and Spirit activity, if this will actually matter for your game.
>>
>>49343460
7 syllables
>>
>>49343460
If I took it off, would you be fatebound?
>>
>>49343518
>>49343519
A continuous cutting motion.
>>
>>49343443
Hey, back when the Solars were in charge that might be a valid concern if some unfortunate Dragonblooded interdimensional expedition force got scattered through the cosmos.
>>
File: baby camel.jpg (117KB, 539x513px) Image search: [Google]
baby camel.jpg
117KB, 539x513px
>>49343460
I don't know, this feels like a question that there's a known rote or historical answer to but I don't know it.
>>
>>49343301
Mages, probably. They don't spread the way vamps do, they happen. Wherever people are, there are mages.
>>
>>49343301
Pure.

Without werewolves hunting shit, things are going to get unbalanced. Monsters are going to come. Spirits will claim, hosts will invade, magicians will fuck shit up, the Pure will bring heathen spirit totems.
>>
Revenge of the Nerds was and still is great, your shit taste is showing /wodg/
>>
>>49343851
The answer is >>49343589
>>
>>49344120

Revenge of the Nerds is shit tier. Ghostbusters and Police Academy blew that trash out of the water in the same damn year.
>>
>>49343942
I doubt this. A seer maybe, but pentacle mages don't seem to care enough to fill vast power vacuums.

They'll just be in the background, jacking off over some mysteries.
>>
>>49344120
Revenge of the nerds is like the poster child for 'movie that didn't age well'.

Bad story, bad acting, from a bad time.
>>
>>49344131
What does it mean?
>>
>>49344260
That the nature of royalty is a continuous cutting motion.
>>
>>49344294
Does that mean butchers are the real royalty?
>>
>>49344328
Only royalty over meat. Just as surgeons are royalty over infection and injury. No true royalty learns to cut with words things that are only expressed and dreamed.
>>
Is VtM: Bloodlines any good?
>>
>>49344568

It's a janky game, even with the patch that fixes the game, but it's still one of the best immersive games of its era.
>>
so hey I just realized something. A Master of Death can create ghost of other people including mages.
and ghost mages keep their rmRotes as numina.

so why don't death master create ghost of others master mages to her access to their Rotes?
>>
>>49344568
The game is meant to appeal to edgy teenage boys. Everything is dark and grim in a cringey way, especially with the South Parkian humour ripped straight out of GTA, the fact that every female character dresses like a hooker, the goth sound track (which, ngl, is pretty good sometimes)...

The game is really bad. It's an oWoD game.

It's also really good. If you can get over the setting's inherent stupidity, it's definitely the best version of the oWoD. The writing is also pretty good, even if the story is garbage with an asspull ending that explains nothing.

But as a piece of advice: When you defeat Andrei, just bust out the console commands and cheat, because the rest of the game is garbage. The story is worth finishing, even if the ending is a hastily cobbled together mess that doesn't explain anything, but the gameplay goes down the fucking toilet. The first few levels have really good level design, and a lot of the worldbuilding is good, even if the world itself is silly. There's a reason Ocean House is still well regarded; play that level with headphones on in a darkened room.

But quickly the level design goes to shit as they realized they needed to pad out the fucking game and Activision fucked them over to the point that they still needed to rush it. So most of the levels are dungeon crawls with shitty shooter mechanics and even shittier melee mechanics.

I honestly think it's reputation is overblown by people who love the beginning but forget how shitty the rest of the game is. Still, it's definitely the best worst game I've ever played.
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473621202642.webm

Fuckin Pometheans
>>
Does anyone want to work on making a Mage the Ascension port into StoryPath with me?
>>
>>49345010
We don't even have enough of Storypath.

Otherwise, I'd be making a Storypath game.
>>
File: Wisconsin-Stamp.jpg (231KB, 431x278px) Image search: [Google]
Wisconsin-Stamp.jpg
231KB, 431x278px
>>49343301
Mortals, Milwaukee a shit.
>>
>>49344985
Never firestorms, not even once.
>>
>>49345010
I still have no idea where any info on 'Storypath' has been given.
>>
File: 1458592920333.jpg (2MB, 4606x2879px) Image search: [Google]
1458592920333.jpg
2MB, 4606x2879px
My group will be playing in an all-splat game set in the 400s Mediterranean. I'll be playing a Repentant Vampire seeking Golconda, and trying to hide my nature as long as possible. Any suggestions for unconventional Feeding and or hunting methods? My usual tactic of luring degenerates off of Craigslist won't work here
>>
>>49345508
Be the group's cook and buy live animals.
>>
>>49345508
>400s
>>
>>49345010
You could probably do a Scion reskin for that once it hits, given how Storypath is meant to be able to handle anything from the epic children of gods to space adventurers.
>>
Two words: Transkindred. Vampires.
>>
>>49345646
I legit don't even know what that would mean.
>>
>>49345708
fucking triggered
>>
>>49345708
Insisting you're of a different Clan than you in fact are?
>>
>>49345508
400's?

That's before Rome went Christian right? Well you could feed on donated blood, you know just don't kill your feeding partners, keep them alive. Feed on heretics (christians), or heathens (if your Christian), or on lions because lions are feeding on your fellows.
>>
>>49345722
>>49345726
I was thinking of Transhumanism, think Deus Ex or Eclipse Phase, and how something like this would apply to the Vampire Clans.
>>
>>49345726
Cisclan scum
>>
>>49345798
Close?
300s is when Constantine converted and declared Christianity legal.

How long it took it to become the religion of Rome, I dunno. But by 330 you could (more) safely be Christian in Rome.
>>
>>49345811
That's basically the end goal of the Ordo Dracul, to transcend their vampiric state. What that means in the end of course is up for debate.

>>49345824
>Look at this Gangrel who thinks they're really a Daeva

Bro
>>
>>49345844
>>Look at this Gangrel who thinks they're really a Daeva
This made me think of Greebo from Discworld in the few cases that he's actually human. He's like a Pirate who knows the real meaning of Jolly Roger and he can commit sexual harassment by sitting quietly in the next room.
>>
File: greebo_by_coraorvat-d4f66m2.jpg (157KB, 875x914px) Image search: [Google]
greebo_by_coraorvat-d4f66m2.jpg
157KB, 875x914px
>>49345884
Forgot pic.
>>
>>49345972
He's a cat who is also a human and also a transpirate? Is pirate its own separate species or gender in Discworld?
>>
Street Fighter as the third Storypath gameline.

Y/N?
>>
>>49345989
No pirate is a descriptor...it's used when he appears in human in the book parodying Phantom of the Opera.

He's only human because of something that happened in the second novel focused on the witches, and ever since then, when he's been confronted with something that can't be avoided the way a cat would normally do it...he turns into a human.
>>
>>49345844
>>Look at this Gangrel who thinks they're really a Daeva
Tiafa?
>>
>>49344917

Amusingly, Anon, this is one of the things covered in Signs of Sorcery. Also making a Goetic copy of someone from their Soul Stone that you install in your Oneiros as a virtual Mentor.
>>
>>49345432

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/187949/Storypath-System-Preview

(Don't worry about the DT link - it's free)
>>
>>49346631
Is this enough for me to make a Storypath homebrew?

Also, is Storypath going to be available for people to license it and make sanctioned hacks, the way that Apocalypse World and Cortex and Cypher are?
>>
All this talk of Kindred who are convinced they are part of a completely different Clan to the one they were ACTUALLY Embraced to intrigues me.

Maybe you could represent this ruleswise by giving them access to the Disciplines of the Clan they think are part of...but putting dots into those Disciplines requires more points at chargen (Levels 1-4: 2 points per dot, Level 5: 3 points per dot.)
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473885445557.webm

>Angels take down a Demon who went loud
>>
>>49346816
Also the members of their true parent clan think they're embarrassing to be around, their Sire will want NOTHING to do with them and the other Clan they think they are part of treats them like shit.
>>
>>49346844
>Not Ongekidou Mastigos Forces Legacy
you silly sausage.
>>
>>49346844
>Average day for the God-Machine's limbs in Japan.
>>
>>49346607
What if the person in question doesn't approve? Will you need to mind control their Goetia/Ghost?
That seems like it would be against the Lex.
>>
>>49346955
they are mage
they can be hard to keep captive
>>
>>49346607
so am I on the Dot or wrong? tell me I need to know?!
>>
>>49345508
Perhaps play as a slave owner?
>>
>>49347655
>Slave owner
I am confused. Is Golcanda supposed to be a path of enlightenment through being a good person to counteract the inherent evil of being a vampire? Or is it to make peace with the fact you are a vampire and operate in harmony. Because those are 2 different things.
>>
This storypath mess... maybe I'll just make a punch of homebrews for this.

Whenever I want to homebrew, i'm always thinking of using D20, or Tri-stat, or even FATE. But when I GM, 90% of the time I'm using Storyteller.

At least Storypath is mostly similar.

Though I'm annoyed at some of the details left out of the preview.
>>
>>49348011

Nigga, it's a PREview. Just chill the fuck out and look over Scion if you want to see the full thing.
>>
>>49348075
I just said I'm annoyed. I'm not drafting a sternly worded letter to the editor.

You chill out.
>>
>>49348089
NO YOU CHILL OUT
>>
>>49348347
FUCK YOU CHILL THE FUCK OUT FAGGOT!
>>
>>49348075
>>49348089
>>49348347
>>49348419
Holy shit, there's no need for this. Put the gun down, Anon.
P-put the gun down! No, please, n-no!
>>
>>49348419
Kids! Settle down or I'll crash this thread into the next tree I see so help me Papa wolf!
>>
>>49346607
Is that what Koschei would have been in 2ed terms?
>>
>>49348649
Or a great way to have your own Bob the skull.
>>
>>49348686
>Or a great way to have Bob in your own skull.
Fixed it.
>>
>>49348877
I'm pretty sure you could...
Hey wait are there such things as spirits of magic? Could I recreate Bob? How would I do this?
>>
Is NWod chicago city book any good?
>>
>>49349141
Anything is possible with ~IMAGINATION~
>>
>furry thread on the forums

pls no
>>
>>49346631
>Storypath-System-Preview

It would have been easier to simply use Fate for Scion and Aeon rather than spend so much time and resources creating an Onyx Path version of a similar narrative system.

I'll reserve judgment until I see the final games, but I personally like a lot more crunch.
>>
>>49349141
I think it'd be much easier to find a goetic concept of Arcane Lore, than it'd be of finding a Spirit.
>>
>>49348075
There's a preview?
>>
Dave linked to it above.

>>49346631
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/187949/Storypath-System-Preview
>>
>>49347771
Golconda is mostly myths and legends, in the end it's up to your ST.
>>
>>49350091
Wouldn't there be spirits of magic at like, entry counsilium?
>>
>>49351448
*every.

I mean, spirits of magic would be weird, their influence probably sucking
But still.

Imagine if some spirit mage decided to make one big and fat, and it got powerful enough to stop or control mana use in an area.

Imagine an idigam who solidified on the influence of magic.
>>
>>49351542
How fucked do you guys think everyone would be if an Idigam solidified around an Awakened soul? I can imagine some crackpot Mage actually thinking this is a good idea too.
>>
>>49352413
While I appreciate the whole 'lel Mages do funny stuff' meme. Short of some master of spirit, I don't think we should expect any general mage dickery to really do much to an Idigam besides piss it off.

Even then, considering their nature, a master would just delay pissing it off.
>>
>>49352540
I'm not talking about doing it because they're stupid. I could totally see a Mage who thought creating a spirit of Supernal magic was worth his own soul.
>>
>>49352413
>>49351542
I've never read WtF, what is an idigam? A spirit of an idea or something?
>>
File: salt-shaker.jpg (102KB, 600x506px) Image search: [Google]
salt-shaker.jpg
102KB, 600x506px
Does anybody have a downloadable version of the vampire translation guide? The pdf that I found wont load for me.
Also, I want to run a Beast/Hunter/Vampire crossover game set in Texas, but I absolutely loathe VTR. Would it be possible to simply run v20's ruleset for the vampire players while running CofD rules for all the other splats?
>>
>>49352667
>Also, I want to run a Beast/Hunter/Vampire crossover game set in Texas, but I absolutely loathe VTR. Would it be possible to simply run v20's ruleset for the vampire players while running CofD rules for all the other splats?
No, that's stupid. Just make someone else read the rules and offload a bit of GM work on them.
>>
>>49352646

A spirit of *.

As in, a spirit of literally whatever it wants to be a spirit of for that scene.
>>
>Paradox Announces they have bought WW
Sweet, I hope they announce something!
>WW holds some panel at a con in Europe
Oh, okay..maybe this is the big announcement!
>WW holds a huge 25th anniversary celebration in New Orleans
Okay, finally...the moment I've been waiting for!

Still haven't announced jack shit. If they're going to abandon the pen and paper line, they could just say so.
>>
>>49352646
They are super spirits that managed to avoid getting killed by Papa Wolf by being so fluid in body and concept that they could never be contained.

So he did what any superhero would do, and he threw them into space, literally.

So now that they have returned (the lunar lander brought most of them back), they take on whatever influences they need, change bans on a whim, and have powers that you aren't going to see out of other spirits, like eating souls, creating powerful servants and heralds, purposely giving birth to screwed up spirits, and other such dickery.
>>
>>49352746
I think if I've learned anything over the years, it is that WW/OP/everything related to storyteller, suffers from absolutely miserable social media.

Compare them to the big boys, and they may as well be silent. They release occasional press releases and blogs. There are individuals making homebrews that put out better PR than them.
>>
>>49352772
>They are super spirits that managed to avoid getting killed by Papa Wolf by being so fluid in body and concept that they could never be contained.

Does that mean they're ex-Pangeans (who Father Wolf let live until they broke the rules) or just spirits who hung out in the Shadow where he was allowing them to leave? Or were idigam specifically spirits breaking the Pangean rules?
>>
File: The Babbling Tower.png (996KB, 564x2016px) Image search: [Google]
The Babbling Tower.png
996KB, 564x2016px
>>49352827
An undecided spirit. They decide they like something, coalesce around it, and become a physical thing.

They're wily and immune to any binding/controlling magics. They can also rip out souls and put other things in the places they once were.

There's one in an adventure point in Dark Eras.
>>
File: Idigam Possibilities.png (782KB, 570x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Idigam Possibilities.png
782KB, 570x1748px
>>49352827
No one knows. They're fuckold. Lots of theories.
>>
>>49352893
>anyone who comes nearby finds it difficult to explain this however, as they now speak an entirely different language
heh that sucks
>>
>>49352977
One of the OP guys has proven pretty good at writing them, and there are probably others.

They are my favorite part of Wtf 2e, such a wonderful antagonist group to throw in there.
>>
>>49352936
>Idigam are ayyy spirits

I'd actually love this. I don't want there to be an official book for like...Alien: The Invader or something but I always hoped that we'd get a tiny hint of actual aliens in some book. You'd think Demon would have had one if it was coming, since the God-Machine is apparently universal in scope
>>
>>49353132
I think Werewolf and Mage have been the main books I've seen even scratch the surface of it. With that Mage 1e book having 'outsiders' that can be summoned which included stuff like greys and men in black.

The idea of Luna occasionally failing in her duties as a spirit defending Earth's orbit is a great plot hook.

I still remember how giddy I got when I was first introduced into that being part of her spiritual purview. Like... wow, duh. The moon physically defends us from space debris, of course the spirit of the moon would defend us from visitors from beyond.

Like, between Father Luna, and the Exarchs, it is likely any alien threat to our status quo would be quickly destroyed.
>>
>>49352746

The closest thing we actually got to an announcement was someone's Facebook post about the event:

>I return from Grand Masquerade with tidings of...well...stuff.

>As you may know, White Wolf was bought by a company called Paradox. Paradox, White Wolf, and By Night Studios held a joint presentation at Grand Masquerade to discuss the future of the World of Darkness.

>The gist:
>1) White Wolf is a content IP licensing company now. Their sole business is the control and licensing of the World of Darkness IP. They will be controlling the overarching metaplot, which will be consistent across all media (so novels, RPGs, computer games, TV or movies, etc will all use the EXACT SAME continuity). From one of their execs "Netflix show by 2020 or bust".

>2) By Night Studios is going to keep producing the WoD RPGs. I saw some of the new Masquerade, Mage, and Werewolf books they had on display and they are GORGEOUS.

>3) Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition (V5...or just VV, as they're calling it) is being worked on with an unspecified 2018 release date. This will bring tabletop Masquerade in line more with the rules style By Night Studios uses in the new MET books (the current Masquerade LARP, and the upcoming Apocalypse LARP, which finished its Kickstarter a few months back).

>4) V5 is just the start. WW and BNS are planning on revised 3rd/4th/5th editions of all the WoD game lines, including Mummy the Ressurection (maybe the bad guys will finally get stats!).

>cont
>>
>>49353227

>5) The new books will all be designed to fit together in the universe, similar to New WoD/Chronicles of Darkness. They will feature a fully canon timeline which will advance the metaplot to the modern day. Phrases like "The New Inquisition" and "The Forever War" were used, along with the suggestion that the games may see supernaturals go further underground, with most Vampire Elders dead and the streets largely belonging to the Neonates. The Vampire rules will apparently have new rules for how powers work, tying Disciplines into feeding and acquisition of blood, with more game focus on the exploration of the vampire psyche.

>6) White Wolf will be doing a big push to better assist the overall fan community, though its unclear how they intend to do that.

>However, they want to find a way to allow for their officially supporter LARP clubs (of which their are currently six), plus potential video games and tabletop campaigns, to have some influence on metaplot directions in the future. HOW they intend to do this is unclear.

>...then the Paradox CEO threw the horns and told the audience to embrace their Beasts and go forth, the audience shouted "PRAISE CAINE!" (....ok, a few of us did), and that was it.
>>
the guy said there was gonna be a 2016 release but that seems like bullshit
>>
>>49353261

It's pretty clear that the 2016 release was the slot machine licensing.
>>
>>49353432
except thats not a ww publishing release
and it's not out
>>
>>49352413
That is a frightening thought. Idigam's controlling mages by appearing to be a benevolent god of magic helping them awaken, and awakening them, for the sole purpose of being it's soldiers and food source.

That almost seems almost Lovecraftian so perfect for them right?
>>
>>49353627
unless its already happened and the watchtowers are idigam
>>
DaveB, or anyone who has received an answer to a similar question,

I know submissions are supposed to be in half fluff half crunch format, but what kind of story chunks are best?

Are we talking about a piece that would be in an anthology? The little blurbs of non-rules that usually introduce a path or faction (like say, the first few paragraphs when you look at a new compact or conspiracy)? Or the snippets of story that usually introduce example characters (like say, the chunks that show examples of prometheans in the different refinements)?

Random question.
>>
>>49353227
Do note that the person who posted this DID fuck up BNS and OPP in the list there. Since, y'know, BNS has a whopping one book out for MET, and they don't do the TT lines.
>>
>>49353627
>>49353653
Yaaaaas, slay!
>>
>>49353669

Think of the fiction pieces that used to be before chapters in 1e books. With 500 words at your disposal, it'll be similar to that.
>>
>>49353760
>chapters in 1e books. With 500 words at your disposal, it'll be similar to that.

So actual chapter fiction? Interesting. Which isn't so different from anthology fiction, besides being much shorter.

See, I would have done something more like the organization introduction fluff.
>>
>>49353801

Ultimately, as long as you're plunking in 500 words to fiction, you can do what you want. It might be easier to do an extended organization introduction piece, especially if it is followed by mechanics about that organization.
>>
do a good enough actualplay of your game and you might be hired, itshow dave/rose got their jobs
>>
>>49353858
That's a set of skills I lack.

The actual play recordings I have are unedited and generally terrible. Plus years old at this point.
>>
Okay so this is Ammon's player. Trying to get everything locked down and ready.

So umm...I've been thinking my obsession is with Magic's connection to the divine. And having been told that Prime3, Forces 2, Matter 1 is a bad combo I also have to wonder if it's the right combination for my character not on a mechanical end but on a thought process logical end of things view.

So would Prime 3, Forces 1, Life 2 be better? After all Prime can be viewed as the very under pinnings and understanding of the true nature of things and a God's eye view of things. Forces are self explanatory, but Life seems like it might be a better third arcana choice over matter as life is well thought to be something closely associated with the divine.

Does that seem...like good thinking?
>>
>>49353858

I don't think the world is ready for the Changeing Breeds/Inferno Crossover AP I have.
>>
>>49354002
I think as long as you have that prime three, you are in a good place. Studying life and creations makes sense though. If you still wanted matter, you might see it as relating to all of creation and how everything is connected.
>>
>>49354060
Last thing do I need to choose my nimbus tilt now?
>>
File: 011.png (974KB, 1000x1238px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
974KB, 1000x1238px
Threadly reminder that Tzimisce is the master bloodline
>>
File: Keiya.jpg (34KB, 300x448px) Image search: [Google]
Keiya.jpg
34KB, 300x448px
>>49354435
Just your threadly reminder that even Tzimisce go up like rotten wood soaked in gasoline, and lighter fluid when you add a bit of fire.
>>
>>49354435
And tzimisce waifus are the best
>>
>>49352667
>I want to use vampires without reading an entire different book to know how to run them
I made this just for people like you.
>>
>>49353858

yeah, I still had to do a writing submission like everyone else.

Organization introductions are fine.
>>
>>49349141
All Spirits we've had so far reflected non-supernatural concepts, but you can work with that. Give your Bob such Influences as Knowledge or Intelligence, and a few Numina imitating Prime and Mind spells.
>>
>>49353132
>>49353200
The GMC offers a suggestion that the God-Machine is a spaceship crashed in ancient times.
There's also a situation in Mirrors for alien invasions in the apocalypse scenario section. And of course the Infinite Macabre companion has alien template creation (it's all merits, so it's not that great).

One book even suggests vampires are an alien virus. Unless I'm getting 1e vamps confused with Viccissitude.

>>49353801
>>49353669
Look at a Discipline and see how much is description and how much is mechanics.
>>
>>49354058
I'm scared, but intrigued.
>>
>>49353858
What was Rose's actual play?
>>
>>49356061
If you want that kind of high concepts though, it's much easier to pull it out of the Astral though...
>>
>>49346816
>>49346869
Nobody?
>>
>>49356208
...agreed.
>>
>>49356563
Anyhow, it's not like it matters what he is. Everything extradimensional that isn't a faerie is a spirit in the Dresdenverse. Don't get hung up on names.
>>
>>49356840
I was thinking more that astral entities tend to decay pretty rapidly and thus make for poor mentors, so summoning a Cherub as a teacher for various arcana seems impractical because they will decay before I can really use them. But a Spirit from the twilight? Well I can bind that to the object (i.e. skull) and it won't die because of contact with our world.
>>
>>49357066
You have to give it a Manifestation, yeah. They normally don't have that. So it'd need to be anchored to something, such as a skull, not to haemorrhage Essence.
>>
>>49356110
Some vampire thing on rpg.net
>>
>>49354588

Good luck burning one of them when they go Zulo.
>>
>>49359873
I can burn from Sensory range, can they go Zulo while they are turned to charcoal?
>>
>>49359995
>it's a Mage thinks they're completely omnipotent and every other splat is inept dumbo

Mages are humans with human desires and human weaknesses. Putty for a Kindred
>>
>>49360097
Why do I you think I'm burning him from the other end of a pair of binoculars. If I did it in the same room or building as him I'm screwed.
>>
>>49360097
Kindred are just parasites.
>>
>>49360169
And they are exceedingly good parasites. What's your point?

>>49360163
Why do you think this situation exists in a vacuum where A) The Kindred is unaware of the Mage having some sort of vendetta against him or B) The Kindred is aware of the vendetta and is just parading around where he can be seen
>>
>>49360192
A parasite that plays at being a God is still just a parasite.
>>
>>49360248
Are we talking about Mages
>>
>see an interesting Werewolf The Forsaken game starting up on Roll20
>DM asks for an application and a character idea
>type up a pretty damn good character idea I came up with for the game
>DM comes back and says "that's a good concept, but I just wanted to see if you could come up with a character. I want you to pick a character from these 5 premades and work on them instead."
>mfw

Why the fuck didn't you just lead with that, you cockgobbling fucktard? Instead of wasting my time. I want to play a character of my own creation, not your premades you specially made for your suuuuper intricate plotline.
>>
kickstarter when?
>>
I can't decide if this enemy is going to be a pandoran or a cryptid, so I'm just going to stat it as both and let the story decide which they run into.
>>
>>49341903
Tell me wodg, what does your Mage have in his pockets?
>>
>>49360407
A screwdriver, some weed, pocket change, his cards, his phone and some crumbled drawings of whatever he thought was interesting that day
>>
>>49360407
>Mastigos
Whatever the fuck he needs(as long as he's got a decent Sympathy to it)
>>
>>49360339
next tuesday or thursday
>>
>>49360407
Gems.
>>
>>49360407
Personal grooming kit (toothbrush/paste, nail clippers/file, small pair of scissors, small mirror). Two vials (separate pockets) that can be mixed together to create a universal solvent. Coin of Lead and Gold. Smart phone.

He has a gun too but it's in a holster.
>>
>>49341903

If you want blood sucking sounds or if you like ASMR this girl has you covered.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAtFkapSeoEGPxm5bC3tvaw
>>
>>49360258
Mages aren't Parasites. Vampires are and think they are Gods. Mages know they aren't gods but don't let anyone else know it and fight to prevent anyone else from figuring it out.
>>
>>49360407
Swiss Army Knife, wallet, Keys, smart phone, and a phone number for a psychiatrists who specializes in paranormal traumas...and several IOU for take out.
>>
>>49362743
>Mages know they aren't gods
Heh
>>
>>49362743
>Mages know they aren't gods
Laughed. Lots of fun. Thanks for the joke Anon
>>
>>49359995

Yeah, probably. Those fuckers are based on the Necroscope Vampires so if anyone could it'd be them.
>>
>>49360269

I have never heard a single positive experience out of CofD/WoD Roll20. MUDs/MUSHs seem to come off as a better bet for Internet CofD/WoD gaming.
>>
which game is best for everyone playing as their fursonas
>>
>>49362905
>>49362888
It's true though. On the up side most mages are smarter than Ray, so when anyone or thing asks "are you a god?" they say "Fuck yes" and act like to to prove a point. But you can't just do it at that moment just like they pointed out in the prestige you can't just do it sometimes you have to act that way always because you don't know when someone is watching.
>>
>>49362966
Haven't been able to find any that aren't just dead. Any recommendations?
>>
>>49363020
Changeling
>>
>>49362966
What does MUD and MUSH stand for anyway?
>>
>>49363051

I'm not gonna agree with you here, but I'm also not gonna deny that the best Changeling chronicle I was ever in devolved into borderline ERP with most of the cast looking pretty furry.
>>
>>49363065
multi user domain/dungeon
multi user shared habitat
>>
>>49363093
>I'm not gonna agree with you here
You can literally choose to look like any animal, or even hybrids like dragon/rats or whatever else furries like. What other game offers that?
>>
>>49363122
Changing breed. I mean, it was made specifically so Furries and Otherkin would want to play it
>>
>>49363133
It's still way too limited, compared to what furries like.
>>
>>49363122

I'm not sure the average furry wants a character they ostensibly like to have to go through the torturous hell of Arcadia. Horrific in-character PTSD isn't really an acceptable cost for being a dog person or something.
>>
>>49363148
Then they shouldn't be playing WOD. But if they are they can just have a happy experience in Arcadia. Then they left to get spineproof condoms and couldn't find their way back.
>>
>>49363164

I'm pretty violently opposed to happy Durances.
>>
>>49363189
Why? Not every Fae has to be a monstrous dick and make the changeling suffer horribly. They can be smothering, distant or have a short attention span.
>>
>>49363189
Yeah you have a lot of issues with other people not doing what you want them to.
>>
>>49363263

It's a horror game where the strain of the things you endured has shattered your ability to trust your own perceptions and is an explicit abuse survivor metaphor. If you enjoyed your Durance, you wouldn't suffer through the painful escape through the Thorns in the hope of returning to reality; you'd still be at your Keeper's side.
>>
>>49363305
lots of people like playing it as fantasy and not horror
you can hit them if you want
>>
>>49363339

I've never understood that; I don't pop open D&D 3.5 when I want to play a horror mystery game, and I don't use Call of Cthulhu for a superhero story (Elder Godlike notwithstanding)... why play CofD as something other than horror? There are other options that fit so much better.

Hell, the Dresden Files RPG is right there!
>>
>>49363358
I've usually seen them say they just like the system/setting.
>>
>>49363100
>>49363065
Multi-User Shared Dungeon
Multi-User Shared Hallucination.

MUSH is the GM to MUD's DM. Multi-User Shared Hallucination is a backronym, though; it was just called MUSH because the originals were called MUDs. Habitat is acceptable, it seems, but I've never heard of that one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUSH
>>
>>49363430
>Multi-User Shared Dungeon
MUSD?
>>
>>49363358
rate my intended durance atamajakki

>was made as a doll to a giant spider Fae who enjoys kidnapping and collecting things
>spent Durance mostly as a doll to giant spider Fae pretending to be a small child playing with toys in a run down manor
>child aspect got bored and threw doll in a junk closet
>doll escaped with several other changeling but used them to guarantee his own safety
>does not know if they are free or back with Keeper
>>
>>49363148
You kidding? A lot want that. They need their Mary Sue's backstory to be emo.

>>49363189
>>49363263
>>49363305
I don't like happy beautiful durances, but I don't care so long as the durance in some way is a broken relationship. A Changeling wanting to go back isn't a problem with me, so long as the player understands that would be bad for the Changeling.

Though "oh, I was pushed out" or "I wandered out accidentally" do bother me.
>>
>>49362743
Mage definitely think they are Gods far more frequently than Kindred do.

Like I said. Mages are humans with human desires and human weaknesses. And if Kindred are parasites like you say, then they know more than anyone else how to play their host like a fiddle.
>>
>>49363445
Whoops, I should proofread. Multi-User Dungeon and Multi-User Shared Hallucination.

I call 'em "text based MMOs"
>>
>>49341903
I want to run a game based around a cast that is EXTREMELY diverse cast and I'm worried that I'd have to try and use twenty different rulebooks simultaneously to make it work. Is it necessary, and if so, is it as bad as I fear it may be?
>>
Does Tass have a flavor? I kind of want to play an "awakened chef" creating spectacular dishes that buff myself/party.
>>
>>49363521
Tass tastes like what it looks like, just probably more intense

Platonic Forms will have the idea of flavour, but human tongues are too mundane to eperience it
>>
>>49363448

They were dehumanized, abandoned, and likely have some intense survivor's guilt over doing something terrible to survive. You could have some awesome antagonists in the other Lost they betrayed coming after them for vengeance or as Loyalists, and there's some neat possible roleplaying potential in a fucked up "I hated my Keeper, but why did they get bored of me?" way. I like it.

>>49363458

My fursona has a happy life of working at an antique shop and reviewing food trucks.

Plenty of real world non-faerie abuse survivor's struggle with feelings of wanting to go back and self-blame even well after they've been out and been recovering for a while. That's a perfectly valid Changeling narrative, and one with a lot more nuance than I WANT TO KILL THE ALIEN GOD THAT DID THIS TO ME.
>>
Will there be a book similar to Changing breeds for W:tF?
>>
>>49363652

War Against The Pure had several other shifters, one of which recently showed up again in Dark Eras.
>>
>>49363678
Ahh that one just wasn't updated to 2e yet then.

Makes me wonder now how to make different shifters as a fun exercise.
>>
File: JoshTroy.jpg (207KB, 1689x2362px) Image search: [Google]
JoshTroy.jpg
207KB, 1689x2362px
>>49360407
A lunargent mirrored pocketwatch, wallet, double headed coin, phone, and moleskine pad for keeping his time shenanigans in order.
>>
>>49363766
It doesn't take much, depending on how extensive you want to be, and their nature.
>>
>>49363652
There's War Against the Pure, and also a book literally called Changing Breeds. Both offer ways to stat up other kinds of shapeshifters, but Changing Breeds is terrible(the mechanics are a mess, the fluff dives straight into magical realm).
War Against the Pure is alright, though.
>>
>>49364110
Don't listen to this anon, he sucks cocks.

Changing Breeds is functional and fine. Considering both are 1e books, they are actually equally functional.

Ask him to name actual broken mechanics from Changing breeds.
>>
>>49363556
One Changeling concept I've always wanted to play (because actual good Changeling games are impossible to find in my experience) is one who was actually in love with their Keeper (in a fucked up, Stockholm Syndrome sort of way). She was taken from a shitty life and treated as one of her Keeper's "prized possessions", until, of course, he got bored and stopped seeing her.

Eventually she'd escape, and outside of Arcadia, would become obsessed with Talecrafting, Contracts, and raising her Wyrd as high as she can, because she's decided that the only way she can go back to him is by becoming like him herself.
>>
>>49363537
>human tongues are too mundane to eperience it
So what you're saying is that he needs Life 2 + Prime 2 for
>Supernal Tongue
>Taste the sublime flavours of platonic foodstuffs.
>Feel the most subtle textures of every meal.
>Experience the dark-chocolaty resonance of betrayal, or the sweet and lemony aroma of excitement.

And, of course, various lewd uses.
>>
>>49364143

I have a Changeling in my mental backlog who was had some pretty intense self-loathing and image issues who entered into a terrible fae deal to become beautiful; her Keeper made her beautiful and then promptly locked her away in a tower for a span of years. She escaped by devouring the prince sent to save her.

Nothing quite like a Fairest Gristlegrinder.
>>
>>49364110
Changing breads is for Werewolf the Apocalypse I thought not Forsaken. So it's old World not new. Two different rules paradigms. War against the pure would be easier to covert.
>>
>>49364248

There's an nWoD 1e book called Changing Breeds, anon.
>>
>>49364200
>Fairest Gristlegrinder
Oh man that's something else I'd love to do in 2e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek
>>
>>49364248
I don't know about bread, but Changing Breeds is for nWoD.
>>
>>49364269
>>49364261
There's also a W20 book called Changing Breeds which isn't an unholy abomination.

I'm gonna guess an oWoD book too but fuck you I'm not looking it up
>>
>>49364284
It's right in the drive thru store under werewolf 20th anniversary edition.
>>
>>49363458

>Though "oh, I was pushed out" or "I wandered out accidentally" do bother me.

I think those are fine as long as they're not excuses to play Loyalists or Privateers in a campaign that isn't about being those things. Living among healthy functioning people (or people trying to live as such) and realizing, "holy shit I've been abused" can be an important part of abuse recovery, especially with abuses with more plentiful honeymoon phases.
>>
>>49364380
>I think those are fine as long as they're not excuses to play Loyalists or Privateers in a campaign that isn't about being those things.

I have two players who really like the dark fairy-tale themes of Changeling, but they don't like the abuse angle. They tend to go for those excuses. They also have a disturbing tendency towards being semi-Loyalists..
>>
https://youtu.be/r2LpOUwca94

This is how I imagine Free Council Moros w/ techne: expression ritual cast.
>>
>>49364133
>Considering both are 1e books, they are actually equally functional.
That's not saying much.

>>49364380
The problem is that you literally have to make a choice to leave Arcadia. Even if it's the choice to follow someone else.
>>
>>49364649

Escaping Arcadia is an action with two parts: the decision to leave, and the actual exit. It doesn't necessarily have to follow that order. For example, a Changeling could have been implanted into a Freehold as a part of some whim of their master, and they eventually come to realize that a True Fae's love is overly-conditional and hollow compared to the trust and strength of a Freehold, and decides to truly throw in their lot with their Motley.

I'd see no problem with a concept like that at my table, though it certainly wouldn't help that character's reputation if/when the truth ever gets out.

>>49364533

Every time you bring those folks up, I keep thinking that they really just want to play an Unseele game of Changeling the Dreaming.
>>
>>49364820

There's also the Sun and Moon Courts, who are the Seelie/Unseelie divide in all but name.

I really do need to work on updating the 1e variant Courts, they were really cool and underloved.
>>
>>49364849

I just never saw a reason to use them when the Seasonal Courts were pretty great to begin with. Changeling 1e probably has the most consistently good social splats, to be honest. They've made the customized Courts and Freeholds of 2e super hard to get used to on my end. I love city building mechanics, though, so I'm sure I'll manage.
>>
>>49364849
I think the 2e court creation rules will do a nice job of giving us a lot of variants.
>>
>>49360407
Parsnips and tits, what the fuck more do you need?
>>
>>49364934

Yeah, Changeling's changes from 1e to 2e have been relatively subtle but the original game was so well done that they all feel massive and scary. I've had to chew on them for a long time to enjoy the changes, and my boyfriend still isn't convinced.
>>
>>49364934
I prefer 2e's method because Changeling had the most amount of social groups to begin with, and I much prefer regional unique things. Seasonal Courts are still a thing that exists, though, and exist across multiple Freeholds, which is nice. I wish Vampire had that kind of set up in the corebook. The setting supports and suggests that's how it is, but the corebook gives us five homogenous groups.
>>
>>49364963
>the original game was so well done
It was garbage with a great theme. Pledges don't work for shit. Most Contracts are ass. The game specific mechanics are terrible. Sample Tokens are all overpriced.
>>
>>49364976

It's easier to fix wonky rules with a great thematic core than the inverse. I think Unknown Armies shows this remarkably well, too.
>>
>>49364967

>Seasonal Courts are still a thing that exists, though, and exist across multiple Freeholds, which is nice.

Yeah, I appreciate that a whole lot. If that wasn't going to happen, I was very tempted to set up the 1e courts as a kind of common form of Regional setup around the world, kind of like the Protectorates of Werewolf.

>>49364976

That reminds me, is there a unified mechanic for Contracts this time around? How are Pledges different? I haven't had time to look at the playtest yet and I don't think I will anytime soon.
>>
>>49365016
Pledges aren't a thing, at least in their 1e form. They're more like Demon's Pacts, in that they're used to hide you from your enemies. You make promises with humans and get protection from the Huntsmen.

You can also bind Oaths, which if someone fails to uphold, they get punished. Frankly the punishments are a little lean, though. No pain of death or anything like that. It's a minor but frustrating inconvenience.

No more free dots for Doing The Thing I Was Doing Anyway.
>>
>>49365087

Oh that's much better! I think I'm OK with the lean punishments in core, I'm sure people'll homebrew something worse if need be.
>>
File: Forest Elemental.jpg (765KB, 800x780px) Image search: [Google]
Forest Elemental.jpg
765KB, 800x780px
So I'm trying to get Changeling 2e's Court Creation's "approach" element.

So basically, built into each Court (or perhaps Freehold?) is a flaw in their protection from the Fae, whereby they can act in concert wtih it, and avoid its protections.

Would this be something such as "the Changeling must agree to travel back to Arcadia with the Huntsman" or something?

Leading Huntsmen to wreck and ruin the Changeling's life, or to hold their loved ones hostage, or threaten to murder excessive innocents, in order to coerce them into travelling back to their keeper?

I can imagine a Huntsman constantly stalking a Changeling, mentioning how high the body count is rising.
"How many more Lost Child, how many more will you let me kill? You can end our torment now, return with me. No? Perhaps one you care for? Yes... Yes, that will do."
>>
>>49365112
I think it would be a little looser than that. The examples they give are ways that the huntsmen can torture them based on their strengths.

So those who are good at creating, have their creations turned against them. Those who have strong social ties, have their social ties ripped apart.

The Huntsmen has to do these things, because without them, they will quickly get banished back to Arcadia if they use their limited resource pool.

So you could have one where they are sort of 'loyalist' court (which would be weird), or a court that uses the hedge a lot and so are seen as 'closer to the gentry'. In a case like that maybe you could justify an approach that has to do with 'offering them the chance to return to Arcadia'.Whenever they offer the chance, they get a point of yearning.
>>
>>49364976
>Pledges don't work for shit.
They're very easy to do.
If there's a problem, it's that they're too easy to do. But a good DM can fix that.
>>
>>49365885
No, I mean that the mechanics for them are inconsistent. One of the results is that they're easy to do.
>>
File: 31-dogbook_0024.png (49KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
31-dogbook_0024.png
49KB, 512x384px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>49367543
Referencing FF3, which had a World of Darkness as an area, the final area.
>>
File: large.jpg (136KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
136KB, 500x600px
The Payday gang is a valid brood of Beasts.

I've finally sold myself on this game.
>>
>>49367733
>Beasts
>Not Hunters that rob Wizards and vampires.
>>
>>49367743
>a bunch of jerks who rob banks and museums to sate their Hungers for stolen funds, wrecking security systems, punishing the rich and unjust, and ripping cops in half
>>
>>49367733
Payday is basically WoD
>>
>>49367733
Beast is fucking awesome, but now its cooler thinking of making it a heist game
>>
>>49367780
>Anything with one of several certain tones can fit in the WoD
You're finally learning.

>>49367807
Any game is better with heists.
I want to run a Geist Heist. For no reason other than it rhymes.
>>
>>49367807
>Beast is fucking awesome
Shill detected

>>49367780
Pretty much, I really want a military/Operator/kommando themed game but no one is autistic enough to play.
>>
>>49367807

I'm trying really hard to make myself like Beast and I'm finally getting somewhere with it. Between two solid character concepts, a historical setting idea, and a campaign frame, I'm definitely getting somewhere.
>>
>>49367817
Beast is good if you think of it as only a crossover property, and very little else,

I would totally play in a v20 Sabbat Kommando game

>>49367829
Im trying to set up a Beast/Vtr/Hunter,Hero campaign set in Texas. I love Beast , tjhe whole nightmare and lair building shtick really got me.
>>
>>49367839

I'm actually having more luck ignoring the crossover angle and trying to focus on Beast as a standalone thing with its own themes. My bias against crossover might be biting me there, but I'm working towards it.

Both of my Beasts have ties to Hunter groups.
>>
>>49367860
Beast kinda lends itself to crossover with the whole apex angle doncha think? I prefer to think beasts as just very powerful pawns in the games of local other more powerful supernaturals.
>>
>>49367733
>>49367860
>Beast is good when you ignore the whole theme and invent your own game
>Also fuck crossovers in the crossover game

Yes, that's what we've been saying for a while now
>>
I guess I should actually read Beast just so I can picture them as antagonists and allies in other campaigns... sigh.

I mean, I don't have to, but every tool in the toolbox is useful.
>>
So did I miss something, or are the rules for Pandora's ranking up missing?

If they eat enough pyros they divide right? So that's not it.

Do they have to eat vitriol? Do I keep skipping over a rank up option when I glaze over the rules to become sublimatus?
>>
Has anyone in their games ever accidentally disturbed a mummy's tomb, or is your GM not a giant dick enough to go for a classic horror sequence that can threaten anyone from vampires to werewolves to geists?
>>
>>49368708

Unless the Mummy is extraordinarily shittily built from a mechanical perspective, that would be a TPK.
>>
>>49368758
Or not using Mummy: The Curse and instead creating a mummy from scratch because that's more interesting.
>>
>>49368758
Running away and hiding is an option. In Mortal Remains they basically call that out as the only thing to do if your cell accidentally wakes the mummy or offends a cult. Run, run, run until its sekhem drops a fair bit. And then light it on fire because mummies burn like dry firewood.
>>
>>49368785

They're still pretty beefy using the Mortal Remains rules.

A mummy shouldn't be a threat a bunch of schmucks can handle without prep.
>>
Is Chris Allen still posting on /wodg/, or has he abandoned us?
>>
File: shit taste.png (95KB, 293x286px) Image search: [Google]
shit taste.png
95KB, 293x286px
>>49368785
>>
>>49368855
Whether you like Mummy: The Curse or not, the PCs being completely unmade instantly isn't very interesting of a game.
>>
>>49368834

Chris only really posts when he has stuff to post about. I don't think he's currently on a project for CofD at the moment.
>>
>>49368918

That's a high level antagonist Utterance. It's not going to be something every Mummy has. They still get pretty silly in terms of just woke up power, but let's not get into hyperbole here.
>>
>>49368940

Chris offered a lot of great supplemental material like his Forsaken games and sample Pangaeans.

If he's no longer writing for CofD, that would be disappointing.

BTW, what's the next supplement for Forsaken?
>>
>>49368963
Okay.
Pretend I said "sandblasts your bones clean" or "casts Meteor from Final Fantasy".
>>
>>49368979

I think Chris isn't writing on anything right now because I'm not sure any Werewolf writing is happening right now.

There's been talk of a Tribes book, but I think that's more of a fan desire than an actual project. I'm personally agitating for an 'endgame' book about Tier 4 threats and what happens at high Primal Urge, but I'm not a freelancer.
>>
>>49368963

Any Arisen can boost their Strength by 4 when they wake up, and a common Affinity gives you Lethal unarmed attacks. Even if they have zero other combat abilities, a freshly-Awakened Arisen is punching harder than humanly possible, and god help you if they're armed or know any nasty Utterances.
>>
>>49369066

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris ends up writing for Deviant. Besides being a well-known and prolific CofD author, he's also Dave's personal friend and part of at least one of his gaming groups.
>>
>>49369126
>Any Arisen can boost their Strength by 4 when they wake up,
Did you see how many pillars at once you can spend at sekhem 10? You can raise Strength and Stam to 10 from 0 in basically one surge of that shit. And it then lasts a scene.

Come on, Jakki, I thought you were one of the ones here who actually read Mummy
>>
>>49369199

You can only raise Strength and Stamina by 4, and Dexterity by 3. The chart's right there on the Pillars page!
>>
>>49369199
>>49369244
One a ya'll nigga's wrong.
>>
>>49369260

Oh shit, I'm an idiot. That anon has the right of it; spending Pillars boosts them by 4/3, but at Sekhem 10 your cap is 10.

Whoops!
>>
>>49369244
That's how much you raise it per spent point, not a cap. So say you spend two points, you can spread 8 points freely across Strength/Stamina. You can raise your stats to a maximum of Sekhem (or 5, if your Sekhem is below 5). High sekhem mummies can spend plural pillar points per turn.
>>
>>49369287
You're really letting me down as one of the other giant mummy fags in these threads.
>>
>>49369317

That's what happens when you've only ever played the game once, and with bad players who bailed halfway through the session. I don't have a ton of practical experience with Mummy, but I sure as shit can talk your ear off on the lore.
>>
>>49369334
The Judges are unforgiving and don't accept excuses. You drop a sekhem level as you feel your personal Judge ripping your power out like a hippo disemboweling your body.
>>
File: atamajakki_300x300.png (87KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
atamajakki_300x300.png
87KB, 300x300px
>>49369367

An-Hotep, I can explain!
>>
>>49369409
Too bad. Enjoy your shortened Descent, faggot. And don't forget to bring relics back home when you're done.

Now fetch some fodder.
>>
>>49369433

Real talk, I would be a shit mummy. I'm much more cut out for the "useless but lovable cultist" role.
>>
>>49369367
>>49369409
>>49369433

Are you tired of this happening to you?

Hi, I'm The Heretic. You may remember me from such events as:
-Wandering the Desert While Eating Only Kale
-Screaming and Hoping it Reaches the Starry Fields of A'Aru
-Watching you in your Tomb after.you have returned to Duat and crying

I'm here to tell you about the Dreams of Avarice! With the Dreams of Avarice, you will release yourself from the all encompassing chain of your hideous cosmic masters.

Just think of all the time you'll save once you take yourself back from the Nameless City that damns you! You could grow two whole spice gardens!
>>
>>49369446
I'm playing a mummy cultist and the mummy both in my Monday game. The cultist when the mummy is dead, as he is now. He's a depressed alcoholic who spent almost a decade hiding from the world and being a Hunter against other splats, the Mummy is basically a giant ball of enthusiasm for life since he wants to make the most of his descents while not detracting from pursuing his purpose.
>>
>>49369488
>Sekhem 10 jock shoves him into a locker
>>
>>49369516

I'll write a heart-wrenching freak folk album about this someday, Mummy Jock! Just you wait!
>>
>>49369552
That sounds like a band name, honestly. Clearly mummy music is an exploding genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1a4-AkdiWo

I swear to God, seeing these people live is amazing but also weird as fuck
>>
>>49369623

This is fucking incredible, thank you, Anon.
>>
>>49369957
Live it is so much better. Enormously louder and the crowd is alive. I'd have a picture to share from my phone but the fucking thing is being sickeningly uncooperative tonight.
>>
>>49370001
Anyway, as I go to sleep: for real if you get a chance to see them live, do so. Your evening will be better for it.

Midnight Mummy a best. Fight me, wrong people
>>
Running in a Mage game soon and I want to know what some janky combinations are to pull off immortality. I'll be running a Moros most likely. Wat do? I kinda wanted to aim for an enchanter/magic item creator so someone told me I should join the Forge-something as well?
>>
>>49370213
>>49370213
Honestly hold off on even thinking about that shit for a while. For the immediate period focus on what your character is, and try to avoid dying early.
>>
>>49370231
I already have a whole backstory written and everything, though. Our game is going to be based out of a small town in Washington along the Columbia River where we have to contend with not being found out by mortals. Our Storyteller is running a mixed game, there's gonna be a Vampire player, and likely a Werewolf.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 495x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 495x802px
>>
If I'm running this system. Should I be pretty fluent in all of the systems if I want those supernatural to appear or is there a just "wing it" option for simple character creation that plays nice with the other systems?

For example a vampire game but you want to have werewolves, mages, or other supernatural in the setting as npcs.
>>
>>49344979
Valid assessment. Still fkcing love it thou. And since noone has done anything with the material since, its still an enter position into the WoD game line
>>
>>49345646
Mad Scientist Devil's Eye it is then
>>
>>49370357

Crossover is a pain in the ass unless you're pretty damn experienced. I'd use the Horror rules from the CofD corebook or the Dread Powers rules from Hunter, though the rules from the game you're playing work in a pinch: a werewolf in Vampire terms has a lot of Protean and Vigor, a Changeling in Mage terms is really good at Fate, etc.
>>
>>49370862
Alright, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>49349332
I also wanna know this.
>>
>>49370868

If you want something robust, Hunter has a whole mechanical toolbox for building baddies.
>>
>>49370213
About immortality: are you asking for something that works, or something that backfires hilariously?
>>
>>49370881
It doesn't need to be robust. It just needs to fit in setting.

For instance, I don't know all the silly shit a mage can do but I still want to have an npc who is mage with some simple stat block.
>>
>>49370357
>>49370988
I had caveman D&D yesterday, but I should get back to this.

It's something I'm making specifically for people who worry they might need to be fluent in all the systems if they ever used other supernaturals.

I think the stuff I've already got probably needs a rewrite, though.
>>
>>49370988
Well, the quick and dirty method of mage immortality would be to become a Tremere Lich and start eating human souls to stay alive. That said, assuming the mage is skilled enough, the sky's really the limit. A mage could possibly use Life to rewind their body's aging, a combination of Mind and Death to swap bodies with someone younger, Fate to guarantee they don't die from a random accident, and on and on. A mage would generally consider something like this as a stopgap measure, though. Firstly because if most other mages find out, they'll want to reverse engineer the spell for themself, damn whatever happens to you in the process; and secondly, when your skilled enough in a Arcana to postpone death indefinitely, you're very near the point of ascension to the Supernal Realm and effective godhead. That's generally more tempting than sticking around down here for a couple more centuries.
>>
>>49341903

MUH PURIFIED

MUH POSSESSED (to a lesser but still emotive degree)
>>
Any advice for what starting arcana I should take for my Thrysus Adamantine Arrow? The character will be focused more on buffs and debuffs, siccing swarms of spirits/animals, and wheeling and dealing in the shadow rather than throwing fireballs.

I was thinking either: Life •• Spirit •• Space •• or Life •• Spirit •• Fate ••

Either one of them would give me access to Mage armors to deal with firearms. Sympathetic casting would be handy when working with spirits or helping allies. Fate has some nice general utility.
>>
>>49374516
Fate is too good to pass up. You won't regret it in any context.
>>
>>49374031
Purified were great. I've never had one in a campaign (I almost played one in a strategic kingmaker campaign that never took off) but so cool.
>>
>>49341903
How does a WtF werewolf avoid triggering lunacy on mortals?

Currently playing a wolf-blood, just wondering about this for when the first shift eventually comes.
>>
>>49374659
You don't.

You trigger them, you slaughter them, you don't get around it. Your best bet is finding a bunch of other wolf-blooded.
>>
>>49374659
It's just a breaking point and a lunacy condition. They'll forget about it or you have a hunter plothook.

If you want you can just try and stay away from large groups of people.
>>
>>49374516
So, space will be more useful for general casting, as sympathy is hella amazing, but fate will be more useful when you're doing adamantine arrow stuff, you know, combat.
>>
>>49375494
>stay away from large groups of people.
this
first change is usually kuruth change
>>
>>49375624
Fate will change wait until you finally get around people. Can't take the tragedy out of first change bro.
>>
>>49375966
som epeople have different experiences
they're lucky ones (or unlucky) and it really taints how you view the change
>>
>>49376003
True. But I wouldn't try to force it, that's just tempting bad stuff to happen. You'll hide from people in the mountains just to have a wandering troupe of teenagers visit the camp down the hill and get slaughtered the night of your first change.

It could just be trippy, scary, enlightening. But if it is going to be bloody, it is going to be bloody.
>>
>>49362966
>Roll20
You got to look for the ones with bullshit long questions for application. The people who actually make those and the people who fill them out, have invested buy in and dedication from the word go. The lengthy process weeds out randos who would blow up the game.
>>
They say spider silk is 10 times stronger than kevlar. What kind of spell would let me command a swarm of spiders to weave body armor for me?
>>
>>49376936
Mind 2, control instinct.
>>
>>49376936

You can do it with a combined Life** / Matter** spell. I think
>>
>>49376936
A control life spell would do it. You should first use a lure spell to summon a legion of spiders.
>>
>>49377064
Control Instinct is a life rote.

Also I don't think most animals are sapient enough to be controlled by mind. Maybe with some reach.
>>
>>49376936
>>49377064
>>49377120
>>49377145

Silk armor is indeed strong and is pretty tear resistant. The problem is that it doesn't make good enough armor on its own. For its density size and weigth. It's amazing well done. The problem being their isn't enough of it. and it will break in the fast of larger energy/ force/ bullets.

But because awaken uses a symbolic. You can reinforce the silk using a matter spell to make it super armor.

Not going to lie kind of want to make that character now. Spider Drow themed mage in awakening. Lets do it
>>
File: SpiderMouth.gif (4MB, 250x413px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderMouth.gif
4MB, 250x413px
>>49377269
>>
>>49377269
The quantity problem is an issue for mundane material science not for a Life mage. You can go around the woods luring as many spiders as you want to help you construct your armor. This is actually a cool idea. I love shenanigans like this. What would spider silk body armor be stated like?

I'd say it would be like riot armor without the downsides of bulk or weight.
>>
>>49377342

With matter you can actually reinforce it. I would let life do it, but it would be better with matter added on. because once the silk leaves the body, it's like your finger nails. but that more differentiating ideas

With just life I'd let to add armor per life dots, like a second armor attainment. With matter I'd make it bullet resistant. With like lessen defense penalty. Something like.

life/life defense pen -1
>>
>>49377457

нoвa тeмa
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.