[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY THREAD - Don't Buy Boxes of Kaladesh Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 28

File: mtg legacy.png (707KB, 1121x313px) Image search: [Google]
mtg legacy.png
707KB, 1121x313px
Convince people to not buy boxes and cases. The singles market is the only stable market. Trust me, I'm a first year economics major.

>Playing?
>Testing?
>BDIF/Favorite deck in format?
>Your opponent goes T1 Island, Ponder, pass. Do you rush aggro out the gate or do you play around his counters?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/
>>
Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Sea Stompy
>Spanish Inquisition
>Shitty Wannabe Defunct Sneak n Show Monoblue Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
>new thread
why
>>49306021
>>
2nd for Nourishing Lich talk
>>
>>49328462
Do we need to turn on the ovens again?
>>
Holy fuck you Americans actually only have to pay 100 buckaroos for a box? They're between 135-155 syrup dollars Jesus. Guess I'm going to the states for release if I want a box
>>
>>49329784
Our dollar is so shit, it's seriously not worth it. Look at the exchange rate.
>>
>>49328462
>Your opponent goes T1 Island, Ponder, pass. Do you rush aggro out the gate or do you play around his counters?
I adhere to the wisdom of Patrick Sullivan and play Mountain and pass. On my second turn, I play another Mountain and suspend both of my Rift Bolts.
>>49329378
The dredge übermench have already prepared the oven
>>
>>49329784
Swing by my shop while you're here and git sum Ausfag. Gonna kick your ass just like we did back in World War 2.
>>
>>49321540
Can you upload the cards you've made (in a set, uploading the pictures would be ridiculous)? I'm a bit more ambitious than the people on /cct/ and I'd like to see what ideas you've had.
>>
>>49329937
Nah man, nah. They were horrible and probably deserved to be shat on. Many of them were ridiculous exercises in wishful thinking and gave no thought to conservation of design space.
>>
>>49330223
I really couldn't care less about the conservation of design space, and besides that would like to see if any of its ideas are salvageable.
Wishful thinking gets a bad name imo; it's good to have a high ceiling for what something can potentially accomplish, you just need to accept that some ideas aren't salvageable and polish the ideas that are.
>>
>>49329855
I just did the math, I'd be saving around 30 bucks a box and my friends are thinking of getting some too so travel expenses wouldn't be much either
>>49329919
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to convey
>>
>>49330398
I was just being silly. Also playing at being a historical ignoramus.
>>
>>49330481
Ah I see, it makes sense now. Sorry for my lack of perception atm
>>
posted from last thread because I'm a fucking idiot with ctrl+f

I ordered Underground Seas, Badlands, the BG true dual, and some force of wills from Villa Zheng.

The final result:
The front of the card is pretty fucking spot on. Like I can't even tell its a fake from the front.

The back, however, has pretty noticeable mismatching colors.

Aside from the back colors, though, Villa Zheng's cards are nearly spot on. The cardboard feels the same, it is just about a glossy as a regular card, and the mana symbols/text matches really well.
The real killer is the back color, which will DEFINITELY be recognized by any judge.

This has been an unbiased review from Anon
>>
>>49330919
How long did it take for you to get your order? I'm still waiting on my order.
>>
>>49330398
Your math seems wrong.
155CAD=117USD
So you're saving up to 17USD or 22CAD
>>
>>49328462

>Testing?
teferi's response and meekstone as sideboard cards
I'm not really sure there is a best deck. Infect is my favorite, but if there is a best deck, it's probably not mine.
i have a great matchup against the "best deck" though
it obviously depends on the contents of my hand, but if I have a t2 kill, I'm almost definitely jamming it, especially game 1.
>>
>>49331857
it took me maybe a week. I wouldn't play any of the cards at comp rel, though.
>>
>>49330324
I haven't touched these in ages. I'm amazed I even have an old set editor still installed. I only kept a handful it seems.

Have at it: mega:///#fm/iRRziTQI
>>
>Playing?
Belcher, LED Dredge, TES with a bootleg manabase, own all the cards for Oops but don't really see the point of playing it with its consistency issues
>Testing?
Different wish targets for Belcher, latest being Reforged the Soul in addition to Diminishing Returns and Telemin Performance for maximum outs in various MUs.
Probably TES, since you can play the long game almost as well as ANT with the wishboard and the antihate cards g2/3 while being able to pull off t1-2 kills with almost the same consistency as Belcher. There's no single best deck since at the end of the day mtg is rock paper scissors with some sprinkles, variance and decision making on top.
Either cabal therapy Force or if I'm on Belcher just jam it since daze usually isn't an answer, unless I can probe and see a Force I can't push through with either a Wish or a Belcher. If I can read my opponent as the "counter the nth ritual just in case" type I might trade 3-4 cards to get it out of his hand, but playing out the permanent mana sources out and waiting for empty is usually better.
>>
>>49332127
I'm sorry, but I'm not very familiar with mega and I don't know how to convert "mega:///#fm/iRRziTQI" into an actual link where I can get the files.
>>
>>49330919
I've had a bunch of these in my position, I even played with some at a local Win-a-Mox. The dual lands seem really passable, and some of the older cards discoloration can be chalked up to printing problems at the time. I would be leary of running them at larger events. If your opponent knows what to look for and calls you out, they won't pass under close inspection.

I still lead with a Vial or a Chalice if I have one, but I'll probably wait for Vial to tick up if given the opportunity. You don't beat Miracles by not playing spells.
>>
>>49332379
Just copy paste, my man. Right click the file when the page loads up and the rest should be self explanatory.
>>
File: Fancy Sol Ring.png (180KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Fancy Sol Ring.png
180KB, 265x370px
>>49328462
>all the preorder Masterpieces are being sold out

I believe you.
>>
>>49328462
>>Playing?
Dredge (led), shardless BUG

>>BDIF/Favorite deck in format?
Above
>>Your opponent goes T1 Island, Ponder, pass. Do you rush aggro out the gate or do you play around his counters?
Dredge only knows one way to victory
For Shardless, thoughtseize is the way
>>
>>49332408
I'm pretty sure you didn't give me a public link, only a link to the folder in your personal account.
>>
Kikes, kikes, fucking kikes.
>>
Tell me about Parfait, what is it missing? On paper it seems great, with awesome CA engine, main BLood Moon, and a way to shuffle cards away, a'la Brainstorm. Why isn't it good enough?
>>
>>49332550
Aight, try this: https://mega.nz/#!l1ZUzIqI
>>
>>49332234
>own all the cards for Oops but don't really see the point of playing it with its consistency issues
It's fine, you have belcher, the hero Legacy needs.
>>
>>49331883
I said 135-155, I've seen them go from anywhere between that. The store I'd be going to is 145 a box which is roughly 110 USD. Yeah you're right I'm a fucking idiot and can't simple addition/subtraction. Well I'd still be saving a lot of money considering I've got 150 USD already and I have several friends interested as well.
>>
>>49328462
>playing
Miracles soon to be lich
>BDIF
whatever deck you're good with
>FDIF
miracles
>t1 your opponent goes island ponder pass
I wait to see till turn 3, which is when I can Deploy my first threat
>>
>>49333118
lie, miracles players don't have friends
even through you seem a decent guy
>>
>>49328462
>>Your opponent goes T1 Island, Ponder, pass. Do you rush aggro out the gate or do you play around his counters?
lel if that's his t1 he may as well have prepped his anus for my BBGGT dick
>>
>>49328462
Island, ponder, pass is most likely miracles or storm. He could also be on a Show and Tell deck or UR Delver. In either case, I don't think I can just wait around.
>>
>>49328462
>The singles market is the only stable market
If you're going to look at your cardboard like an actual investment at least get some shit with the governments name out it.
>>
>>49332607
It's in arguably the weakest colors (RW), aside from RWG. There's so much value and power in URx and UGx builds that most decks will almost always outvalue or overpower you. RW simply doesn't have the tools to deal with the major threats in the metagame such as Jace, Stoneforge, Dread Return, Berserk, etc.
>>
File: Still_no.png (12KB, 472x238px) Image search: [Google]
Still_no.png
12KB, 472x238px
>>49332820
This is what I saw
>>
File: 1473441567983.png (245KB, 287x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473441567983.png
245KB, 287x400px
>meet relative at family event
>tells me that he does booster drafts with his wife and 7 kids
>tfw youre dad will never raise you on magic
feels bad man
>>
>>49333351
I think we've established that I don't know what I'm doing.

Key: !m7NdRl1ou83AEJ-tUOSI1ClCi1SDxA8XZl3xGtkmqS4
>>
>>49331857
original anon here. Zheng said it would take 10 days and it actually took around 2-3 weeks.
>>
>>49333384
>7 kids
What the fuck
>>
>>49333384
I want to draft with my kids when they are old enough, how many Fallen Empires boxes should I get?
>>
>>49333395
Yeah, some of these are fairly interesting and could work in lower powered environments. I don't really like the skeleton thing though.
Also I'm guessing you play dredge lol, I misread disagree at first to say 'target player discards a card' but without the cantrip and thought it was pretty reasonable, then I reread it and was floored.
>>
>>49333953
Definitely not a dredge player though I can see how one might be lead to believe that. Disagree is actually my favorite. I understand how ridiculous it is but if you axe the flashback and imagine for a moment that dredge didn't exist it almost seems reasonable. I would have used it for reanimator in its current state.
>>
>>49333214
Only 2 of them are interested in legacy but neither will buy into it. One wants to play cloudpost so I'm sure you can see how okay he is facing me. The other hasn't witnessed a countertop on board in a while
>>
>>49330506
Nice man. Only things I'm missing from Grixis Delver is all the expensive shit - aka Wastes/Duals/Forces. I'm gonna place an order.
>>
I'm making a Parfait deck, but I'm going White/Blue because Back to Basics is 1/3rd the price of Blood Moon and I like the colors. I was wondering, which enchantment should I include as the "fuck off aggro" solution?

Island Sancutary - Moat for 2 mana, don't have to worry about card draw if the tax/scroll is online.
Web of Inertia - Combos with Rest in Peace to make it impossible to attack, but otherwise removing one card from the graveyard to attack isn't much of a deterrent.
Ghostly Prison - gets mana-heavy for attacking creatures, promotes opponent to play more lands and therefore keep Land Tax going.

I'm tempted to go the Web of Inertia route just because it's such a spicy and weird lock, but I know Island Sanctuary and Ghostly Prison are the more "normal" choices.
>>
>>49335795
Do all of them
>>
>>49335838

Dammit, esper.
>>
So I got some testing done vs Shardless with Daze in my DDFT list. Still on the fence about the card. Dazing a Hymn or a Goyf felt prettty good but the card gets outclassed fast. Maybe I should have been more agressive about Dazing threats instead of holding it as protection.
>>
>>49335795
>Island Sanctuary
This doesn't stop Delver, which is one of the most played creature cards. Corner-case, but important to remember. Otherwise yeah, a 2 mana Moat is insanely good.

>Web of Inertia
I really, really like this card. Problem being, as you noted, that you need Rest in Peace out in order to make this work to its maximum efficiency. If this is the main lock you wanted to go for, max out on this, RiP, and Enlightened Tutors.

>Ghostly Prison
The catch-all be-all, I think this is a powerful card in your deck. It drops early and really fucks your opponent's plans, especially against my deck or an aggro deck with few lands, ala Stompy.

Final conclusion? One or two of each
>>
So friends, what other formats do you play often and what do you play in them (besides legacy)
When I seldom play modern I play Mono-red skred , the only viable control deck in the format
When I draft I tend to go for either midrange or aggro because I can't get a control deck to work in any draft format
When I play EDH I play pretty casually with a terrible Karona deck and a fun Maelstrom wanderer deck
In standard I try to make a control deck of some sort, usually planeswalker based and Esper colors I also make up boss Sligh decks
>>
>>49336842
For legacy I play muddy water Stax, and Manaless dredge. For Modern I play Gx Tron, and EDH I play Daretti good stuff jank.

Thanks to the Misha's Bauble price spike I was able to finish off my stax with relative ease (city of traitors still hurt though). Wish I had bought more chalices when they were cheap so I could have sold then to all the leldrazi players. It's pretty funny how much people ignore Mirridon- Alara cards untill someone Top 8s with a playset
>>
>>49336842
For Modern, I run Burn and a shitty budget blue Affinity deck with Tezzeret the Seeker. I really just wanted to run old Tez in a deck for some reason, so I built the darn thing for only $70. I plan on someday outfitting it for true Affinity. I'm $150 away from finishing Bant Eldrazi; once I have that done, I'm retiring Modern Burn and playing it strictly in Legacy.

In EDH I'm a huge That Guy, playing both Elfball and Narset Voltron. My next deck is Skithiryx and I plan on making it one ungodly fast, purposely mean deck.

I never draft because I'm terrible at drafting and if I got back into standard I would pile together a bunch of red cards and some Mountains and call it a deck. Idgaf what the meta says, I'm forcing monored and I will make everyone groan at how horrible it plays.
>>
>>49336953
Fucking-A, man. You do you and fuck the status quo metagame. This is the inspiration Magic needs.
>>
>>49336842
I love drafting but never get to do it
I generally just stick to creature strats bc if there's one thing that hearthstone has taught me is that you can usually win just by playing creatures on curve
>>
>>49336842
In pauper I play tortured faeries (which either became big in RL pauper because of me or someone else thought of the same idea or something, but whatever, I'm taking credit).
When I play modern it's generally some variant of a pyromancer's ascension combo/control deck.
>>
>>49336941
>muddy water Stax

Okay, I gotta know, what the heck is this?
>>
How to play TES? Am I just looking to get a bunch of mana and then wish/tutor for tendrils/warrens?
>>
>>49337169
Generally you tutor for either warrens or AN, but sometimes you go off with PiF.
I don't think I have ever gone off naturally with tendrils, you basically need a support spell.
>>
File: download.jpg (13KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 190x265px
>>49336842
I play Vintage and Legacy. Right now I'm jamming Ravager Shops, but I'm hoping this little number will bring back Stax
>>
Guys, why not play Gitaxian Probe in virtually all decks? It's almost FREE INFORMATION and deck thinning, at the mere cost of two life.
>>
>>49337306
Tendrils isn't even in the mainboard so that would make sense.
>>49337169
If you have cabal therapy available Empty for 12+ usually sufficient if you know their outs and hit those/brainstorm so they can't dig. If you can resolve Ad Nauseam with at least a combination of 2-3 Lotus Petals and Chrome Moxen still in the deck, do so. You don't need LED with Burning Wish->Tendrils.
>>
>>49338659
Midrange and control decks (just Miracles really) don't win fast enough for that information to matter more than the 2 life, if you probe and your opponent goes brainstom crack fetch you've basically just cantripped for 2 life. You need to either kill when the coast is clear or at least set up your next turn with Cabal Therapy.
>>
Are there any Legacy decks that play like the Mono-Blue Prison deck from Standard? I'm a standardfag looking into saving up some cash and getting into Legacy.
>>
>>49328462
Is there currently an up to date offline resource for all cards?

I've seen a couple things, but people warn they may not be current.
>>
File: what to play in legacy.png (522KB, 1489x1542px) Image search: [Google]
what to play in legacy.png
522KB, 1489x1542px
>>49339146
I think that knowing whether or not my opponent has a FoW is important, but your point about him playing brainstorm afterwards is legit...
>>49339199
There are plenty of prison decks in various shapes and flavors. See Wasteland + Life of the Loam/Crucible of Worlds as run by the Lands deck; Pox; Stax (white or black); Tezzerator (artifact based control); and Miracles (Counterbalance + Sensei's Divining Top)
>>
File: 23142314.gif (3MB, 413x233px) Image search: [Google]
23142314.gif
3MB, 413x233px
>Checked the store (where I buy cards from) yesterday
>Masterpiece Sol Ring goes for $150 each
>They got 5 left
>I decide not to buy
>Check today, out of stock
What the fuck
Do you guys think the masterpieces will drop in price, or increase over time?
I'm kinda scared I've made a mistake of not buying a playset of masterpiece Sol Rings.
>>
File: 1465677927075.png (441KB, 300x900px) Image search: [Google]
1465677927075.png
441KB, 300x900px
>>49337056
>Tortured faeries
p-post it
>>
Any budget legacy lists? I don't care if they are jank as long as there is theoretical possibility to win.
>>
>>49339695
Why would you need a playset? I mean, they're only played in Vintage & EDH where you only play one.

>>49339713
Nourishing Lich is as jank as they come.
>>
>>49339713
Look at this post and ignore the cards you think are too expensive. Run 20 mountains along with burn and cheap red haste creatures. As long as you can goldfish a turn 4 victory, you'll have a shot at some decks. Just remember Smash to Smithereens in the sideboard against Chalice.
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?25772-Primer-Deck-Burn
>>
>>49339608
I like the sound of Tezzerator. What's it involve, and what are the more expensive cards that are necessary to get it to run?
>>
>>49339713
Define budget. In my opinion Mono-Black Rack Pox has the highest Winrate:price ratio since there are so many ways you can cut costs in the deck. Burn is probably the most "real" cheap deck
>>
>>49339778
Budget as cheap as fuck. I suppose burn is where it's at, but I rather not touch it.

>>49339752
Can it be ran without underground sea? And does it still end up costing shit ton for being absolute jank?
>>
>>49331883
you might want to double check that exchange rate
>>
>>49339810
Sacland storm? First list i grabbed
Lands
4 Geothermal Crevice
4 Sulfur Vent
2 City of Brass
2 Bloodstained Mire
1 Mountain
1 Swamp

Other mana
4 Lotus Petal
4 Rite of Flame
4 Dark Ritual
4 Cabal Ritual

Card draw/filter
4 Manamorphose
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Night's Whisper
2 Faithless Looting

Protection
4 Cabal Therapy
2 Duress

Business
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Empty the Warrens
4 Burning Wish
2 Dark Petition
2 Past in Flames

Sideboard
2 Krosan Grip
1 Stomping Ground
2 Dread of Night
2 Duress
1 Infernal Contract
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Chain Lightning
1 Pyroclasm
3 Tormod's Crypt
>>
>>49339810
>>Can it be ran without underground sea? And does it still end up costing shit ton for being absolute jank?

Shocks are decent substitutes, and I guess the most expensive cards are the 1-2 Liches and the Shoals.
>>
>>49329784
>be yuro
>if i buy a box during prerelease events id pay 80 bux
feelsgut
>>
>>49339857
You could probably get away with shocks and no Lich, just Nefarious Lich if you run some lim-dul's vaults.
>>49339810
For cheap as fuck, you can play mono black rack pox.
4 smallpox
4 hymn to tourach
4 thoughtseize/blackmail if you're a fucking hobo
3 ravens crime
3 funeral charm
4 the rack
2 necrogen mists
1 pox
4 cursed scroll/shrieking affliction
4 innocent blood
2 dark ritual
1 nether spirit
4 mishra''s factory
3 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
Fill the rest with basic swamps.

You can win some games with that and it'it's more fun than burn. You can also upgrade to with money cards once you're wealthy.
>>
>>49340083
Oh you could probably use a copy or 2 of dakmor salvage in there to power up raven''s crime
>>
File: smuganimegirl.png (245KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
smuganimegirl.png
245KB, 595x842px
>>these cheap ass niggas in this thread
Go back to pauper please
>>
>>49340142
Prove your wealth before dissing others. Let's see those guru islands senpai
>>
>>49340083
-2 necrogen mists, +2 Bottomless Pit
-4 blackmail +4 duress
-1 Ravens Crime +1 Haunted Plate Mail
>>
>>49336842
I play modern the most, only because that's what the stores around me play. I play infect in that format, too.
I play kuldotha jeskai and jund reanimator in pauper.
zo-zu the punisher in edh.
I refuse to play standard.
In draft I almost always force white weenie.
>>
>>49340142
Elitist scum, provide pictures for dissing.
>>
>>49339835
I forgot this deck! Might actually give it a try. Thanks for the reminder, this is just the type of jank I was looking for.
>>
File: 20160912_230528.jpg (6MB, 3771x2120px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_230528.jpg
6MB, 3771x2120px
>>49340142
You may reveal swag from your collection. If you do, prevent 1 point of damage for each piece of swag revealed this way.
>>
Had a fever dream last night where all the namefags went to a GP together and Esper stepped on a spider pregnant with other spiders, and everyone just sort of scattered.

I'm taking a Nyquil and going back to bed. End blog post.
>>
>>49340565
Sounds like you spend too much time in the legacy thread friendo.
>>
>>49332445
Try magiccardmarket if you're EU.
>>
>>49340142
Show me your summer magic underground seas please.
>>
>>49340565
Actually I really curious if you remember what all the namefags looked like in your dream.
>>
>>49340598
Why has nothing like this opened in the US?

Is there some legal issue with it?
>>
>>49340679
I don't know actually. Theres tcgplayer for the U.S tho right?
>>
>>49339701
literally the first result if you google it (is for me at least)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tortured-faeries/
>>
I'm suprised, this sacland tendrils can actually go off on turn 3 quite consistently. It's just tough on manabase when I want to probe->cabal early on and it fails to deliver that critical 1 black mana.
>>
>>49337165
MUD Stax splashing blue for Academy Ruins. Nothing new or revolutionary. Hell I called it MUD untill my friend pointed out that the blue mana from mox diamond meant it wasnt truely mud
>>
>>49337398
I might try to make room for it. Being able to wasteland two lands, and being encouraged to dump my hand seems fun. At least for me
>>
>>49340801
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tortured-faeries/
Considered running Dizzy Spell to search Tortured Existence?
>>
>>49340901
I feel like I've tested it before, but maybe that was for other decks, That card has been unplayable every time I've tried it in any deck.
Existence is important, but it isn't that important.
>>
>>49341046
Fair enough. Know any good Pauper prison strategies?
>>
>>49341183
temporal fissure is what you want
and what the rest didn't so it's banned
>>
>>49341183
I'd honestly consider my deck prison and you can also play green/white for spore frog; but other than that there isn't much
There's GB lands.dec and turbo fog, but I don't know if I'd quite call either of those 'prison'
http://mtgpulse.com/event/17665#250382
There are of course other variations of tortured existence as well, though they tend to be less controlly than mine.
>>
>>49341854
Your deck looks interesting. What's Spore Frog?
>>
>>49340801
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tortured-faeries/
That's terrible friendo. Drake will ravage your ass every time
>>
I thought I'd lost my second ensnaring bridge; but it turned out I was just looking for the wrong art. Feel both relieved and retarded. I didn't realize quite how high the price on those had jumped.
>>
>>49339758
>Tezzerator

Got a primer for it here: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5/established-legacy/control/179848-primer-tezzerator-control
>>
>>49342282
Yeah, I stopped playing it since drake was printed, when it gets banned I'll start playing it again. It basically has an unwinnable matchup vs tron as well, but an unlosable matchup vs teachings and a fairly good matchup vs most midrange and aggro as well as steamrolling basically any combo/prison deck in the format (other than aggro-combo like izzet blits, elves or bogles which are unfavored, favored, and I feel like it should be unfavored but I've won most of my games against respectively).
That list is also slightly old, but it hasn't changed that much in any case.
>>49342099
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=24654
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=74097
>>
>>49341183
>>49341854

Can this thread double as pauper?

If so; Maze of Ith: opinions? It is technically a common. But I only play pauper with my friends anyway, so I'm not sure I'd even want to be that much of a dick. I figure it would go well in a blue control/tempo deck.
>>
>>49343738
uncommon for me.
a - ok with desert through
>>
>>49339810
>>49339713

I'm a bit late, but Reanimator is a real deck that's gettin' pretty dang cheap. Entomb and Animate Dead were reprinted, Reanimate has been reprinted a few times, Exhume is still pretty dang cheap, and for big fatties to reanimate, there's only two I'd say are absolutely necessary:

Iona, Shield of Emeria - straight up turns off a mono-colored deck.
Griselbrand - straight-up game winner you can hard-cast.

If you can't afford duals then just play a mono-black version. All you have to do is make sure you can protect your entomb/reanimate combo. Any color can do it, Blue just lets you be the most passive about it with force of will.

If we're talking about dirt-fucking-cheap, like $20 cheap, there's the low-mana stompy decks, Shadow Stompy, 8-Land Stompy, and Suicide Black. They get hammered hard by Chalice on One, but they can give a pretty decent race.
>>
>>49343871
Yeah, its more of just brainstorming, since I don't think I'm a big enough asshole to actually play and then argue in defense of the legality of Maze of Ith. Just seems fun. And it wouldn't go in any deck; it'd be terrible in the Affinity deck which is the only fully assembled pauper deck I have.
>>
>>49343738
>It is technically a common
?
>>
>>49328462
Individuals without large capital to invest who are looking for a return should not buy boxes or cases and instead buy singles. I haven't done math to figure how much your initial investment would have to be to (probably) get a reasonable return.
>>
>>49344113
Printed on a C1 "common" sheet. magiccards.info lists printing rarity for older cards.

Rarities in sets before Ice Age (I think) mean very little in relation to the modern descriptions, though. So I wouldn't actually consider it a legal card.
>>
>>49340640
We all had name tags so that made my life a bit easier; I didn't see all the namefags but I know I saw a couple. I'm still loopy right now from sleeping. I think you had a beard. Infect guy looked like Tom Ross. Esper I only saw smashing the spider. I think Reanimator guy was there too, he looked like a kike, really thin and a long nose. It's all really fuzzy.

End second blog post.
>>
>>49340837
It makes ghost quarter even better, and plays really well with Bazaar
>>
File: 54352346161.png (496KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
54352346161.png
496KB, 1280x768px
>$560 for a playset of City of Traitors
My wallet hurts
>>
>>49345011
I want 4x LEDs. I'm dead inside.
>>
File: 1390328386429.png (52KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1390328386429.png
52KB, 203x209px
>>49345114
>I haven't cast one of mine in years
>they're over $100 a piece
>>
>>49345163
Sell them to me. I'll pay you $50.
>>
File: tom-ross-980865996.jpg (31KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
tom-ross-980865996.jpg
31KB, 615x409px
>>49344672
Infect guy said he afforded his expenisve cardboard by eating cheap cardboard for a year, so I doubt he has that much mass on himself. He's probably a lanket, with a Napoleon Dynamite's face.
>>
>>49345177
I can do as high as $60.

I'm just sad that because of those few cards on reserved list, I can't finish my decks.
>>
>>49345177
>>49345207
>selling Reserved List cards
>ever
I'm getting way too Jewish for this shit.
>>
>>49345202
I'm 5'7" 130 so you're basically right.
at least I'm handsome in people's dreams
>>
am i crazy for wanting to build cheerios

it seems really fun and could be good
>>
>>49345565
I was 100% sure that spoiler was going to say "lich"
>>
>>49345565
Its fun when it comes together, but miserable to play when it doesn't. Its like Leylines or any other crappy turn 1 deck, not really worth it unless its only running you $20
>>
>>49339758
Bridges, Transmutes, various other niche SB cards, the worst is Cities, Tombs and Duals though
>>
>>49345594
coulnd't i play one of beastmaster ascension to remedy a leyline matchup?
>>
>>49345562
>5'7" and 130
Are you slightly skinnier me?
>>
>>49339758
Chalice, Guardian Beast, The Abyss. It depends on how much of a baller you want to be

>>49345625
I wasn't talking about the matchups, both decks play pretty similarly in that they either are a boatload of fun and you t1 someone, or you mulligan to oblivion and have a miserable time playing your match.
>>
>>49345565
one trick pony, woudn't bulid it
But I gave you this memedeck instead:
4 nivmagus elemental
4 judge's familiar
4 cursecatcher
4 maytr of frost
3 spellstutter sprite
3 ninja of the deep hours
1 skaab ruinator
4 sky hussar

4 force fo will
4 daze
4 flusterstorm
4 disrupting shoal
2 AEther vial
1 snapback
1 chain of vapor
2 wasteland
11 island

side deck:
2 divert
1 umezawa's jitte
2 pithing needle
2 skaab ruinator
3 back to basics
1 ivory tower
1 spellstutter sprite
3 submerge
>>
>>49345643
>tfw manlet
>tfw you hate me because you hate yourself
>>
>>49345732
you two should meet and shake hands
10% chance a Chad would memerge, since you are two halves of the same jewel
40% world will end
20% esper will throw a punch, leading to a very funny fight.
>>
File: PrecureFace6.jpg (242KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
PrecureFace6.jpg
242KB, 1440x810px
>>49345011
>>49345114
>>49345163
>When you bought LEDS for 2 quid per years ago
>>
>>49345788

I remember there was a time when I thought "why would I spend 2 WHOLE dollars on a single card? That's crazy!"

ha ha ha ha oh how times have changed
>>
>>49345766
I would be happy with any of those outcomes t b h
but what about the other 50%
>>
>>49345828
For 2 bucks, you could buy an entire pack of [Fallen Empires] cards. That's 8 cards instead of 1.
>>
Anyone have any Wooded Foothills, Windswept Heaths or Misty Rainforests they want to get rid of quickly?
>>
why is infect so much fun? the modern version felt so dull.
>>
>>49346238
Modern infect gives me more of an "all in" sketchy bet on a poker hand thrill, wheares legacy feels like a nice show puzzle.
They're both great.
>>
>>49346389
>>49346238
it has game against basically anything and rewards tight play. I like the modern version a lot, but they play much differently.
>>
>>49340392
>-1 Ravens Crime +1 Haunted Plate Mail

aw man I really want to play Haunted Plate Mails in my Pox deck, that sounds hilarious...
>>
>>49346200
How many LEDs would I get in exchange?
>>
>>49347122
funny thing is it's actually not bad. pox used to run Chimeric Idol back in the day, but Plate Mail dodges Bolt, and AD, which makes it a rather solid finisher. Try it. It's budget.
>>
>>49347130
I don't feel like selling leds tbqh, I like playing Dredge and Belcher
>>
>>49347185

I would if I hadn't built my Pox around Haakon and Protection-from-White Knights instead of Nether Spirit to get around the threat of White "Exile" removal spells.
>>
>>49345732
>tfw it all makes sense now
Doesn't help my shortest friend is 6'1"
>>49345766
These are all plausible what's the remaining %?
>>
>>49345916
30% actually, guess Infect doesn't need to count well
>>49347351
>These are all plausible what's the remaining %?
30%
10% for Infect guy inviting you to dinner and you both sharing a laugh over a bland meal he ordered, which consists of cardboard, rice and flour.
10% for a long deck discussion ending with new Miracle Agent deck, and Infect plus Terminus. While they both suck, they bring fun to table.
and 10% for instant duel, loser burns his deck and forever studies under winner the way of the winning deck. Even more cancer in thread
>>
>>49347260
rate my budget bulid. I looked at the earlier one and didn't like it. Never used Waste Not, but with Bottomless Pit and other discard suite it could provide a bit of an engine. Deck seems to fall under 100 dollars, which is not bad.
3 Duress
2 Raven's Crime
2 Funerals Charm
3 The Rack
4 Innocent Blood
2 Dark Ritual

4 Smallpox
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Waste Not

1 Nether Spirit
4 Bottomless Pit
2 Pox

1 Haunted Plate Mail

2 Mishra's Factory
3 Dakmor Salvage
1 Cabal Pit
17 Swamp

SB:
3 Dystopia
2 Pithing Needle
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Cranial Extraction
2 Darkblast
2 Engineered Plague
>>
>>49347481
yeah, anything over 10 and I get confused
>>
Is Manaless Dredge good for a laugh? Do I need to be autistic-level pro in order to play it properly?
>>
>>49347731
Yes, yes.
>>
What are the chances of Rishadan Port being reprinted?

I guess it'd have to be in a future Eternal Masters because it doesn't seem like something they'd put in a Commander Product. Possibly a From the Vault.
>>
>>49345655
oh cool.

>>49345706
i'm probably still gonna build it, seems like minimal expense for maximum fun
>>
>>49347631
I absolutely love Waste Not myself, I run two in my build. It's a great way to get either more cards or bodies on the ground.

I like the deck! Although with Funeral Charm you tend to just blindly firing at whatever they topdeck, which seemed like a waste of a potential spell slot to me.

Also, something you might be interested in is Beseech the Queen. I run it and it often helps me grab whatever parts of the deck I need to answer a particular threat at the moment.

Here's my build:
Dark Ritual x 4
Duress x 4
Hymn to Tourach x 4
Smallpox x 4
Sinkhole x 4
Beseech the Queen x 3
Haakon x 3
Raven’s Crime x 1
Nameless Inversion x 1
Pox x 2
Waste Not x 2
Stromgald Crusader x 2
Liliana of the Veil x 1
Phyrexian arena x 1

Land (24)
Dakmor Salvage x 3
Mishra’s Factory x 2
Swamp x 19

SB:
Ratchet Bomb x 4
Tormod’s Crypt x 3
Snuff Out x 3
Engineered Plague x 3
Haunting Echoes x 2
>>
>>49328462
>Stable
>Massive speculative inflation bubble
Pick one.
>>
>>49347903
I forgot snuff out, should add some to sb.
Sinkhole is cheap now! Forgot about that, and that changes deck much. Same with Phyrexian Arena.
Queen is good, but expensive, It seems better when you can tutor whatever you need, go toolbox direction. I think you should play 4 Entomb instead for 1 Haakon, 2 Beseech and 1 Crusader. Would tie your singletons nicely. Haunting echoes is overcosted, run Dystopia instead. Also Lili will put a financial strain on you, she expensive.
Posting updated more expensive list

3 Duress
2 Raven's Crime
2 Innocent Blood
4 Dark Ritual

4 Smallpox
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Waste Not
4 Sinkhole

1 Nether Spirit
4 Bottomless Pit
3 Phyrexian Arena
1 Pox

1 Haunted Plate Mail

2 Mishra's Factory
3 Dakmor Salvage
1 Cabal Pit
17 Swamp

SB:
3 Dystopia
2 Pithing Needle
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Cranial Extraction
2 Darkblast
2 Engineered Plague
>>
>>49345011
When I was building my Stax deck last year, I saw that CoT was $60 a pop, so I just said "eh, forget it. I'll run Ancient Tombs and Crystal Veins". Now I'm kicking myself....
>>
>>49348059

Ah, thanks for the tips, I'll look into making some revisions then. As for Lili, it's just one I already owned (pulled from the last pre-release I attended, Dark Ascension, where I managed to get Liliana and Sorin in the same pool. I had the devil's luck that day).
>>
File: hey watch this.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
hey watch this.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>>49345011
>Tabernacle is now over a thousand dollars
>>
>>49348210
I looked at Legacy Haakon, it's a different beast from Pox. You have more recursin with name card, and cast creatures making symmetrical sac effects worse. However if you want to run the hybrid, here's what I'd do:

4x Dark Ritual
4x Cabal Therapy
4x Entomb
4x Gravecrawler
1x Raven's Crime

4x Hymn to Tourach
4x Smallpox
4x Sinkhole
1x Stromgald Crusader
1x Nameless Inversion

1x Stillmoon Cavalier
2x Haakon
1x Liliana
1x Phyrexian Arena

2x Unholy Grotto
3x Dakmor Salvage
19x Swamp
You get Therapy as disruption for Duress, and Gravecrawler as a way to cast it. Grotto protects your gy from spot removal {deathrite), Entomb allows toolbox to be used. You are way more aggro than Pox, but you utilize more resources.
>>
>>49339713
Manaless Dredge is probably the best when it comes to winrate/cost ratio with decks under the price of LEDs, you basically win every game where your opponent doesn't open with DRS when you don't have either Street Wraith or Phantasmagorion or where you die on turn 1 since you get about 10-20 power in play by turn 2-3 with cabal therapy firing all the way. Most people's bin hate of choice currently is Surgical Extraction, which does close to nothing vs Manaless. If they draw their 1-of Cage/rip in back to back games well that's just life. Eldrazi usually plays 4 Leyline of the Void but a build with 4 Dryad Arbors main and some fetchlands & Nature's Claims in the sideboard is possible if you want to not fold to that.
>>
>>49348514
Yeah? So what? It has been hovering around that for a while, now.
>>
>>49348766
Several years ago (2010 I think) I could have picked one up for $100 but declined.
>>
>>49348529

Hmm, I'll have to think about how far I want to stray away from the Pox skeleton then. Like I said, the Haakon route really only came about because I was tired of constantly getting beaten up by Miracles, which could kill my Racks easily and then swords or terminate Nether Spirit. Stromgald Crusader put my opponent on a much faster clock and I certainly appreciated Haakon's ability to machine-gun creatures down with Nameless Inversion. But I still love the symmetry of the card Pox, which is what made me fall in love with the deck in the first place. You've given me something to think about, at least.
>>
>>49348938
One thing to keep in mind with Haakon is, iirc Miracles has a bit of a hole at cmc 3, with only some number of Mentors and a singleton Council's Judgement
>>
is possible to do legacy faeries?
>>
>>49349303

http://www.mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=90

Signs point to "yes"
>>
>>49349014
It varies list-to-list but between Mentor, Entreat, Clique, and Council's Judgement they aren't terribly weak to 3 drops.
>>
>>49349445
>2 clique
ok
>>
>>49349480
>>49349303
there was a faeryninjastill deck. Slam landstill, ninjustsu of deep hours your factory, spellstutter away. don't recall it winning events
>>
>>49349303
Probably, start with playsets of V. Clique and Wasteland, Bitterblossom, Daze and Force. Lim-Dul's Vault would be spicy. Uxx Fish is closer to what the other anon linked, I think. I assume you want a tribal deck, and unfortunately Merfolk will probably always be better with it's 2 cmc lords and Spreading Seas for additional mana denial
>>
>>49349303
Even if it was, why would it be better than fish?

>>49349559
Got to love standstill.
>>
>>49350004
Gosh, I went ahead and checked faeries there is....

I didn't know there was so little good faeries. Besides spellstutter sprite there is like 0 reason to run all faerie creature base.
>>
Guys, I have a confession
I've been playing modern all tonight and it's pretty fun
>>
>>49351370
He's dead, Jim.
>>
>>49328466
Love how the names get weirder and weirder as it goes on.
>>
>>49351370
How many dudes did you turn sideways?
>>
>>49328466
Woah someone besides me remembered False Cure is a deck.
>>
>>49351472
none actually
the other guy did though ;_;
>>
>>49347831
Probably in EM 2018 alongside all the portal cards. Its bullshit that Goblin Settler costs $50
>>
>>49347731
Not really. It's just kinda hard to pilot.
>>
>>49328466
>Sneak n Show
>Sneak n Breach

Wait, what?
>>
>>49351555
Sneak and Breach aka Big Red aka Mono-Red Sneak Attack.
>>
>>49351615

Ahhhh, right, right.
>>
>>49351615
Big Red is the better name for it. Fuck Boohoogland.
>>
>>49328466
>>Shitty Wannabe Defunct Sneak n Show
Makes me laugh every time.
>>
>>49351727
Chalice makes every deck better
>>
>>49351725
Big red is a bad name for it. It doesn't really describe what is going on and could be equally applied to something like Dragon Stompy. Plus it makes me think of my great aunt.
>>
>>49351767
Dragon Stompy is Little Red. I go by that because it's what the decks creators call it
>>
>>49351472
whenever I play modern I only turn one or two dudes sideways
Death's shadow and monastery swiftspear

Wish the deck was playable in legacy.
>>
>>49352147
there was a UB death shadow's deck that was running around a while back. the fact that shadow dies to AD is kind of a bummer though. also enjoy getting BTFO by burn
>>
File: break-open-cropped.jpg (169KB, 464x662px) Image search: [Google]
break-open-cropped.jpg
169KB, 464x662px
I always get a kick seeing people make decks that use otherwise terrible cards to great effect.

How would you do so for pick related?
>>
>>49353116
there's no way to make that good
However, I did see my store owner cobble together a RWG ramp deck with orcish lumberjack and sigarda/other big 5's and got them out on turn 2. did pretty well, especially for something he made in 20 minutes before the local
>>
>>49353057
Thats not why you dumbass, it's because you will never be blown out as hard as someone who has multiple Death shadow's out and has one of them plowed and the other(s) then just die to state based actions.
>>
>>49353057
StP is the reason why Deaths Shadow is garbage in legacy
>>
>>49339608
Is there one like this for modern?
That would be fuxking amazing.
>>
File: 1473298362582.jpg (375KB, 1500x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1473298362582.jpg
375KB, 1500x1313px
>>49353949
It's not nearly as good especially when you remeber how many of the decks are actually playable let alone good
>>
>played UB Reanimator
>get fucking stomped because I can't draw into any reanimate effects

I mean, I stalled the game out until turn 9 before anyone played anything thanks to FoW and Daze, but fuck.

I'm gonna go RB and see if its any more consistent
>>
>>49354052
I don't understand how you could possibly think the rb deck will be more consistent than the ponder brainstorm deck
>>
Any recent acquisitions or intentions to buy fellas?
I started pimping out my deck so I've got shipping.
4x foil terminus
2x foil EtA
1x foil RiP
1x foil notion thief
1x Counterspell 2005 FNM
1X back to basics
1x foil thoughtseize (theros)
1x foil eithersworn canonist (shards)
>>
>>49354983
I don't wish to shit on your parade but consider these two points:

1. Shiny things are for magpies
2. A pimped out deck with white boarded duals is like having rims on a 04' Corrola

That being said, I just picked up a Japanese Port and Cavern of Souls
>>
>>49355045
Think about this first
1. Shiny things are cool as fuck
2. Why the hell would I ever buy Duals let alone a card over 100 dollars when I can trade hundreds of bulk Rares for them
3. Sweg
>>
>>49355088
>trade hundreds of bulk rares for them
Who the fuck is going to trade a [insert card that's worth money here] for a pile of bulk rares?
>>
>>49355144
Some LGS will give trade credit for bulk rares by volume.
>>
>>49355158
My LGS does $0.20 per bulk rare, but he said trade, not sell/buy
>>
>>49355088
I just don't understand pimping when you aren't getting pimp cards. I've always hated foils, I don't understand the appeal.

The point about white border duals is that if you want to pimp your deck, but don't want to spend money, maybe you don't want to pimp your deck.
>>
>>49355144
A lot of places actually, think about it at worst, you're trading for exact value with the super slight chance that one of the cards spikes. It's how I got all of my miracles deck save for 1 FoW I bought and had 1 FoW given to me. I went up to several vendors at a con and said "I want to make miracles, here is my binder what would you do for each of the cards and what do you do on bulk rares"
>>
>>49355211
I like foils a lot, some people do some don't. Maybe it's because I played Yu-Gi-Oh as a kid and I liked them then. I do plan on super pimping out the deck a lot but I don't plan on spending lots of money on it when I could just trade bulk cards and a fuck ton of modern/legacy staples I have extras of.
>>
Does anyone with Vintage experience want to critique my shitty shitty GW hatebears brew?

Right now Im leariest of the Missteps and the sheer number of three drops, and I've only run against combo decks so far, so naturally have summarily kicked the shit out of them. I think it should be favored against Mentor, but Im not sure about how Shops or White Eldrazi will go

4 Wasteland
1 Strip Mine
3 Cavern of Souls
4 Windswept Heath
2 Wooded Foothills
3 Savannah
2 Forest
1 Plains
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mana Crypt

4 Noble Hierarch
3 Knight of the Reliquary
2 Qasali Pridemage
3 Sanctum Prelate
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
3 Ethersworn Canonist
1 Containment Priest
1 Kataki, War's Wage
2 Recruiter of the Guard
1 Gaddock Teeg
1 Scavenging Ooze

4 Mental Misstep
4 Swords to Plowshares

SB: 3 Containment Priest
SB: 3 Rest in Peace
SB: 1 Sanctum Prelate
SB: 2 Kataki, War's Wage
SB: 2 Path to Exile
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 1 Qasali Pridemage
SB: 1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
>>
Having played a bit of Burn yesterday, I find myself enjoying the play style, but the lack of game against combo decks really annoys me. I'm wondering if UR delver is generally stronger. I kinda suck at using brainstorm and FoW, though.

>>49339758
I dabbled in Tezzerator a while ago, and dug up this link. It's a deck that is a bit hard to get one's grip around, and rewards practice and metagame knowledge.
http://s623881501.online.de/joes-deck
>>
File: Browbeat.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Browbeat.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Bedlam Reveler was actually a bit disappointing in Burn. I often did not have the amount of mana to cast it, and discaring Fireblasts to it felt bad. Gonna try this devil instead.
>>
File: 14235161.gif (986KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
14235161.gif
986KB, 400x300px
>>49348913
>$100 for a Tabernacle
Holy shit lad
>>
>>49356666
My brother plays these in his list, although I can't speak for if they're good or not, because he basically doesn't play magic anymore
>>
>>49356666
I haven't tried Trap Burn. If you want to play with a different list try Flame Rift or Top
>>
>>49328462
>Playing?
Bug Pod Nic Fit

>Testing?
Bug Pod Nic Fit

Shilling my Bug Pod Nic Fit

Assuming first game, it's a toss up between combo and delver. Depending on how many threats are in hand it's probably good to throw a lower value threat out there to get Dazed
>>
>>49356194
Seems okay, though 2 things stick out to me:
- Why no aether vial? I know it's really only good on turn 1 and a terrible topdeck, but the ability to "play" 2 spells a turn is very strong, especially if you can flash in a relevant hatebear in response.
- Mana crypt doesn't seem great in this list, you have too many coloured mana requirements and the damage it does to you is significant considering you don't combo out and instead play the "fair game" to win over multiple turns. Consider Sol Ring as a replacement if you just want more acceleration.
>>
>>49356847
I'm not running vial for a couple reasons. Primarily, its a one drop and I'm trying to reduce my weakness to Misstep. Secondarily, Containment Priest and Phyrexian Revoker are running pretty rampant, so I'm not crazy about opening myself up more to that.

I actually really hate Sol Ring in hatebears, its a Misstep target that doesn't allow you to cast a turn 1 Thalia on its own. Crypt is kind of like an off color Mox that will occasionally allow me to t1 THC people, which is basically a game win by itself. In most matchups outside of White Eldrazi, I should be the aggressor. I don't think the life loss is really going to matter.

I kind of don't love Teeg or the Pridemages, but I want those effects maindeck and nothing else seems great. I might go back and try Spell Queller/recall/walk and Meddling Mage
>>
If I made a YouTube channel and posted some videos of me playing DDFT would anyone be interested in watching? I've had some interesting games, and also i've been playing badly the past couple days (might be sleep deprivation related)and could use some critique.
>>
>>49356931
Fair enough points on the vial, I'm more of a DnT guy, so I love being able to flash in my hate and wisps. As for the crypt, the extra generic mana doesn't look like it really helps in your deck considering your colour requirements, and personally I find that while the life loss doesn't matter against combo, against everything else it really does matter considering that even in the cases where you are the aggressor your clock is slow enough that it gives the fairer decks a better chance to come back to win. If you are going to treat it as an off-colour mox, why not just play an off-colour mox instead? Otherwise, for what it's worth, everything else looks fine to me; though as I said, I'm more of a traditional DnT kind of guy.
>>
>>49357210
post it
>>
>>49357210
Depends on the audio. Can you play heavy metal on your phone while you mumble to yourself? Maybe start with the record volume too high and blast us with a WHAT'S UP YOUTUBERS?
>>
>>49357210
Be sure to eat screen real estate with a webcam shot of yourself in the corner. Bonus points if it covers your graveyard.
>>
>>49357388
I play primarily DnT in legacy, but vintage is a different beast. Most of the lock pieces I'm running are best played main phase. While the clock can be relevant, having extra mana has legitimate uses. Dropping 2 lock pieces on turn 2, fighting through sphere/lsg etc. Turn 1 THC is the best tempo play in magic, and having more access to those free wins is really powerful.

Vintage isn't like legacy, where your fair decks are killing you through incremental advantage. Against Mentor, you usually die very quickly. Grixis therapy or Delver can go into slow bleed territory, but generally a token maker lands then you die to 5 tokens quickly. In general, I think the upside is worth the downside.
>>
>>49357210
remember to talk about mein kampf and theorize about the holocaust from the perspective of the Germans.
>>
>>49357682
>>49357540
>>49357489
Thanks for the advice guys I'm not much of a mein kampf fan but I can wax neurotic about all sorts of other topics so I'm sure I can please all of you.
I was actually just planning to record some replays and maybe some live games and then add minimal voice over about game play decisions.
>>
>>49358064
Talk about the difference between anarchy and communism while making glaring misplays
>>
>>49358079
This.
I'd watch it.
>>
>>49353116
Manifest Phage, Donate/harmless offering her, turn her up, and not even sure if it'll work
>>
>>49358329
She won't trigger her ETB if you Manifest her.
>>
Hey, ded format general
My playgroup is looking at doing a proxy legacy tournament soonish, and I kind of want to play Rogue Deadguy Ale based on a list I found online. It's a really fun deck to play, I like blowing up peoples' lands.

The only thing I don't get is the 2x Phyrexian Negator in the SB. What deck are you supposed to side those in against? It seems like a really terrible card.
>>
>>49359176
Probably there as a fast clock to bring in against creatureless decks?
I have no idea, honestly. Maybe it's just a really old list, it used to see play when Red Death was a real deck.
>>
>>49359176

While I don't have a ton of experience with the deck, the typical play is to Dark Ritual out a first turn Negator which puts your opponent on a 4-turn clock to either answer it or die. If a deck doesn't use burn as its creature removal its downside is significantly mitigated. So don't put it in against Jund or anything, but against Miracles and Enchantress it makes an incredibly fast clock.
>>
>>49359176
Then don't play the 2x Negator? Also good on your group for at least doing a proxy night. My former LGS had an all proxy Legacy tourney every week and it was awesome. I don't have a proxied deck since I already had DnT built.

Do you have the deck list available for the deck you wanna proxy?
>>
>>49359334
>Do you have the deck list available for the deck you wanna proxy?
Yeah, here.

1 Tainted Field
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Scrubland
4 Wasteland
10 Swamp
3 Nantuko Shade
4 Dark Confidant
4 Hypnotic Specter
2 Cursed Scroll
2 Engineered Plague
4 Dark Ritual
2 Gerrard's Verdict
4 Duress
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Sinkhole
4 Vindicate
SB: 2 Engineered Plague
SB: 2 Darkblast
SB: 2 Phyrexian Negator
SB: 3 Pithing Needle
SB: 2 Swords to Plowshares
SB: 4 Withered Wretch

I don't know how old it is, though. I just got it off MtG top8. It's actually kind of weird to me that there's no Tidehullers, now that I think about it. Wouldn't those fit in pretty well? Maybe this IS an old list.
>>
>>49359371
>MD Engineered Plague
Yep, it's an old list, from when Goblins was good.
>>
>>49355045
Not him, but personally I like having my fetchable lands be the only white bordered cards in the deck, it makes them stand out when fetching.
>>
>>49359371
Yea, that looks like a decently old list lol.
>>
>>49359393
>>49359419
Well, I'm not sure how I wound up with that then. To be fair, while playtesting the deck Engineered Plague was pretty cute against Monastery Mentor.
Do you guys know where I could find a newer list?
>>
>>49329937
Yo dawg, I got shat on for a 3 cmc enchantment with cumulative upkeep that howling mined and explorationed. Don't feel bad.
>>
>>49359371
http://manadeprived.com/gp-columbus-dead-guy-ale/

This seems like a more updated list you could go off of.
>>
>>49359447
>>49359393

Frankly, main-decking Engineered Plague and naming "Humans" isn't a bad idea in this current meta. It hobbles Delver (namesake and YP), Jund (Bob), Death and Taxes (Thalia), Enchantress (Argothian Enchantress), and Miracles (Mentor).
>>
>>49359456
I'm a little disappointed, honestly. Where are the Sinkholes?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 223x310px
>>49359624
Never said it was my list. If you want sinkholes I recommend pox and pox variants.
>>
File: image.png (112KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
112KB, 223x311px
>>49359624
Maybe try something more like this since you like land destruction

3 Duress
2 Raven's Crime
2 Innocent Blood
4 Dark Ritual

4 Smallpox
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Waste Not
4 Sinkhole

1 Nether Spirit
4 Bottomless Pit
3 Phyrexian Arena
1 Pox

1 Haunted Plate Mail

2 Mishra's Factory
3 Dakmor Salvage
1 Cabal Pit
17 Swamp

SB:
3 Dystopia
2 Pithing Needle
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Cranial Extraction
2 Darkblast
2 Engineered Plague
>>
>>49360113
hey, I dropped that budget list in his thread earlier!
Not that I mind, but if he has Wastelands, then adding 4x Urborg and 4x Wasteland to manabase will improve deck, and maybe open it to Crucible bulid
>>
File: 108.jpg (49KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
108.jpg
49KB, 312x445px
>>49360113
I'd drop the Bottomless Pits, or at least reduce them.

I do like pic related, since you'll mostly only have 1 dude on the board.
>>
>>49360524
they go out sa soon as you get your paws on Liliana. Same role, Lili is just better. Otherwise it applies pressure on combo decks when it lands, reducing durdling around. But it could go to 3 or 2 here.
>>
Alright fellas, let's have a scenario.

>Turn 1 your opponent plays a flooded strand, cracks it, plays top. You have no FoW and are on the draw

Wut do?
>>
>>49361724
Draw, discard
>>
>>49361724
>turn 1 top
Bueno.jpg
>>
>>49361806
>>49361820
Turn 2 they follow up with RiP
>>
>>49361957
>>
>>49361724
Git probe, play a Swamp, get up in those baby-soft hands with cabal therapy, drop a lotus petal, crack for black, dark rit, dark rit, ad nauseam AND AWAAAAAY WE GOOOO
>>
File: 43215414325.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
43215414325.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>tfw lurking legacy threads despite being a poorfag with no cards yet
It's comfy seeing expensive cards and decks being posted, while reading you guys talking about legacy and vintage shenanigans
>>
File: Ch4vUINWwAEIRZj.jpg (32KB, 600x265px) Image search: [Google]
Ch4vUINWwAEIRZj.jpg
32KB, 600x265px
>>49362053
but I post budget decks here, so you could start from low cash
>>49361957
pic related
>>
>>49361724
If I don't have force I think they only answer is let it resolve. Who forces a Top anyway?
>>
>>49362053
We welcome you anyways, lurk Moar and comment on anything and everything
>>
>>49362265
A lot of people do, depending on my hand I might as well. I'd rather not get locked out by a countertop when I have a chance of getting my counter top out first
>>
>>49362034
>taps top and rips a third force
>>
>>49362346
I I just wanted to fondle your life total...
>>
>>49362346
At this point I want to change my answer.
Simian Spirit Guide, Lotus Petal, dark Ritual, Balustrade Spy, Dread Return milled Narcomoebas, Angel of Glory's Rise for Azamaniacs Pact of Negation in hand
>>
>>49362293
In that case don't you save the force for the counterbalance? If they have a double top hand, or can find one off a couple cantrips you've basically just lost
>>
I'm seriously considering reducing my life quality dramatically to get those LEDs......
>>
>>49362498
I don't see how so, if they don't have the double top hand they have to go through can trips just to find another top or counterbalance. While they're doing that I'm progressing my game plan (now I would never counter the top on t1 unless I had several very specific hands). I understand what you're saying but the miracles mirror is grindy and long and I feel it's best to play it aggressively. I'm also willing to take the chances that I'll be able to play my counterbalance if they already have theirs on the field since the chances of them having a 2cmc isn't as high as it would be if it were 1cmc
>>
>>49362591
Do it senpai LEDs are worth it especially when you get them for 60 usd each
>>
>>49362632
....Yeah......If only I would get them for that.
>>
>>49362053
It's even more comfy realizing that money doesn't win games; skill does.
>>
File: 20160817_211527.jpg (3MB, 2120x2323px) Image search: [Google]
20160817_211527.jpg
3MB, 2120x2323px
>>49362591
It's fuckin worth it. Necropotence doesn't just teach you how to use your life total as a resource in the game. The lesson is more meta than people realize.
>>
>>49362701
Fun fact tho. I have proxied LEDs for dredge and I'm yet to cast it after 11 games.
>>
>>49362692
What nonsense! My win ratio has improved by no less than 15% since pimping out my unhinged basics. This is clearly a result of foil advantage.
>>
>>49362780
You have to actually put them in the deck anon.
>>
>>49362692
well, you need some money

unless you have friends who are willing to loan out decks they themselves put together with money
>>
>>49328462
but but those mox's OP, the friggan moxes, those things are sexy as almighty shit.
>>
>>49362831
What? Explain....
>>
File: headsplode.jpg (57KB, 457x759px) Image search: [Google]
headsplode.jpg
57KB, 457x759px
>>49362053
It's all fun and games until DDFT Guy starts throwing Doomsday pile puzzles left and right
if you squeeze your ears really hard you will hear faint *plop*s in the distance; the sound of forehead blood vessels bursting upon contact with his tormenting inquiries
>>
>>49362987
just side in tome scour
he'll never expect it.
>>
>>49363117
The ol quicken into tome scour play. Classic.
>>
>>49362987
>DDFT guy starts throwing Doomsday pile puzzles
what?
>>
>>49362591

As I recall, Chinaman LEDs are pretty good
>>
>>49363169
>>49362987
Hmm I haven't done any in a while. I should.
>>
>>49363225
post us a puzzle.
>>
>>49362817
I have, but for some reason hands where they are in are shit.
>>
>>49363257
Alright i'l throw up a quick one. When I get home in a few hours I can post more perhaps.

The scenario(actually from a game I played vs a friend on tuesday): you're against shardless and dead on board at 6 life to their 19 life. They also have their singleton null Rod out which is cramping your style. Your hand is silly. 4x dark rit, doomsday, burning wish, ponder. Your field is top, sea, swamp, volc. You don't know what the 1 card in hand is. What do you do? This should be easy.
>>
>>49364045

What can you wish for?
>>
>>49364045
so, assuming they have a counter (they always do)
swamp - ritual/ritual/ritual/ritual for 9 mana
at this point I can Burning wish for Null removal spending around bur, which gives one blue mana and 8 black with ponder in hand. taping Top for led, drawing led, 6 cards on top. Leding for uuu with ponder on stack, drawing ideas Unbound, going to ubbbbb drawing lab maniac from Ideas, and with 3 cards on top, Bargaining for the win.
This would be easier if i knew how maindeck looks.
>>
>>49361724
fetch trop, elf, go
>>
>>49361724
>Elvish Spirit Guide
>Elvish Spirit Guide
>Elvish Spirit Guide
>Krosan Grip

Never leave home without it.
>>
>>49364528
8 Land Stompy, is that you?
>>
>>49361724
Do nothing and concede in ten turns.
>>
>>49364564
man I love that deck. Funky 1/3 dryad, Berserks, vines, what more do you want?
>>
>>49364564

I tried making one of those decks, but the primer is 6 years old....I am open to suggestions for a list....
>>
>>49364809

Splash red for Goblin Guide, Kird Ape, and lightning bolt.
>>
4C Loam guy here, Fuck my local legacy store closed down out of nowhere and everywhere else is 1 hr away
>>
>>49364848
>>49364809
Read: just play Burn.
>>
>>49364224
>>49364119
Ah fuck I forgot to link the decklist. Here's what you're working with: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
>>
>>49364809

Here's my list:
Quirion Ranger x 4
Skyshroud Elite x 4
Skarrgan Pit-Skulk x 4
Dryad Militant x 4
Rogue Elephant x 3
River Boa x 3

Giant Growth x 4
Might of Old Krosa x 4
Bounty Of The Hunt x 4
Berserk x 3
Rancor x 4
Winter Orb x 2

"Land" (17)
Forest x 8
Dryad Arbor x 1
Land Grant x 4
Elvish Spirit Guide x 4

SB:
Naturalize x 2
Tormod’s Crypt x 3
Elvish Scrapper x 1
Scavenger Folk x 1
Lush Growth x 3
Druid Lyrist x 2
Vine Dryad x 3

I'm still workin' on tweaking it, I think I'll drop the River Boas in favor for 2 more Winter Orbs as its what gives the deck the extra "omph" against other decks.
>>
>>49365371
Not a fan of Elephant. From my Pauper experiences I'd reccomend Nettle Sentimel, or even Scythe Tiger. Modern says good things about Strangleroot Geist too, but he might be worse vs Terminus/StP
Giant Growth is terribad. Groundswell/Vines of Vastwood/Hunger of the Howlpack/Warriors lesson are all better at different roles.
If you run Land Grant, you can run Talara's Battalion. I woudn't through, revealing hand is bad.
4 root mazes for lush growths will slow fetchland decks way more
Druid lyrist and elvish scrapper should be 3 of Natural state
Thats how I see it.
>>
>>49365859

Scythe Tiger is a no-go, with Shroud you'll never be able to pump him (although he'll also evade removal, the second they put down something to chump you're in a fix).

For me, I've stuck with elephant through thick and thin because even on his own he's a tough customer to deal with unless you've got the kill spells, and then when you put Rancor on him he becomes a murder-machine.

Giant Growth is fine. Is it Might of Old Krosa? no. You can play around with Groundswell if you want too. Vines is cute for dodging removal, but if you're paying two mana for a pump spell you're doing it wrong.

>Natural State
You can't activate that on a Chalice that's been set to one, my friend, but if Scrapper/Scavenger are in play beforehand you can deal with it (and can swing in for damage in the meantime). Otherwise Naturalize is the way to go. State is no good for what you're sideboarding it in for.

Root Maze completely screws up your plans with Quirion Ranger. If you're not using a Quirion build, then maybe it's the way to go.

Chances are you'll be pitching your land grants to power Bounty of the Hunt, but it also does its job better than any alternative.

That's just how I see it from playing the deck.
>>
>>49362701
Necropotence is my favorite card ever since I made a retarded casual Necropotence/Ivory Tower/Minion of the Wastes lifegain deck years ago. Unban.
>>
>>49365859

Man I almost forgot, Lush Growths aren't for fetchlands, they're for Lands's tricks like Tabernacle, Glacial Chasm, Dark Depths, Thespian Stage. You'd never put it on something like a fetchland, they'd just crack it in response to you casting Lush Growth.
>>
Make 8-post great again
>>
>>49345011
>buying into legacy
>have decent job so cash isn't the biggest issue
>nasty infection hit me two days ago, had to go to the ER

Guess my legacy plans are on hold for now, happy to be ok but worried about the hospital bill...
>>
why is paper legacy so much more fun than online? I got to play a round in between matches at modern tonight. got to do the crop rotation for fetch, fetch, become immense kill, so that was fun. it just sucks there isn't more of a scene around me.

>>49366944

that sucks man, sorry to hear. glad you're ok, though. what were you building and how close were you?
>>
>>49367098
Paper legacy is best. Probably because you can actually interact and see the opponent. I can only play online now since I moved countries and k haven't found a legacy or even an MtG scene.
>>
>>49367098
Interacting with your opponents is fun when they're adults with hobbies outside of magic.

Just go to modern night and keep playing, you eventually attract more people. We started out with proxy events, now most people are finishing their decks out
>>
>>49368240
I've tried, it all boils down to
"k, I'll make cloudpost"

"Sure I'll do it later tonight" then doesn't do it

"Nah, I don't like proxies
"are you gonna buy LEDs?"
"Nah I'll trade for them"
"where will you trade for them"
"Somewhere"

"Nah legacy is to steep for me"
"You're a store owner you could just borrow that cards"
"Yeah then it's harder to sell them"
>>
>>49368299
It took about a year to progress from messing around with decks to getting started, but people are not going to dive into buying thousand dollar decks. They need to get used to it at first
>>
>>49368357
My point was that no one wants to play legacy in my vicinity that don't already play. No one will proxy up a deck and the 1 guy that does will only proxie up cloudpost because I auto lose to it (he only plays 3 decks types,1 of which is whatever my deck is weak against).
>>
>>49368624
Tell him to stop being such a cockgobbler and build a deck that he enjoys that isn't the 100-0 matchup for you
>>
>>49367098

Thanks man, I'm building UR Delver and just need Volcanic islands and force of wills and maybe one more fetch.

I had been playing burn because EMA actually lowered the cost of turning modern burn into legacy and then realized i could move towards UR Burn easily.

Might just build manaless dredge really quick to have something to play until I know I can go back to building UR.
>>
>>49368947
It's fun shit, man. Go for it!
>>
>>49368947
you can always build a basic-heavy version of ur delver since you're gonna be pop'ing people. good luck, anon
>>
We've hit 300 replies again, someone make a new thread
>>
>>49369718
No u
>>
>>49368947
Mana less dredge is a fun deck! I say go for just to have something to play!
>>
File: 324.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
Came first with Legacy tonight, Death and Taxes rocks. Winning is fun, but looking across the table and seeing how tilted your opponent is getting after getting Ported to kingdom come.
>>
>>49368981
>>49369841

Lol, you all convinced me to buy it. I gathared teh pieces I already had and then realized it would only cost me 172 dollars to finish the deck, so it is on its way!

Question, when you use Balustrade Spy its all or nothing where you place your creatures in the right order to get super advantage and then use flame kin to overkill, right?

>>49368993
Might try that, thanks.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.