[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40.000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 64

File: 1326438254316.jpg (93KB, 1022x685px) Image search: [Google]
1326438254316.jpg
93KB, 1022x685px
'Cron is best faction edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>>49326181
that's a pretty metal 'Cron
>>
>>49326243
Nice pun
>>
>>49326181
I'm looking into making a Kill Team to get into 40k. I want to make my aspiring champion DED 'ARD but how much of a point investment should he be? How much is too much?
>>
I am looking for an alternative model to represent a Tech-Priest Dominus, any ideas?
>>
>>49326296
On this note, do we have Kill Teams in anything but epub yet? If not, what Android epub reader plays well with GW stuff?
>>
>>49326296
To be more specific, I'm looking to play HoR.
>>
Theoretically, would a tau list consisting entirely of Piranha Firestream Wing formations and a huge Drone-Net VX1-0 be effective? (with a lone inquisitor or whatever as the primary detachment for the warlord prerequisite)

The piranhas would have 2 seeker missiles each which would make for one hell of an alpha strike with 30 something marker lights. They also shit out two drones each, which they can replenish every other turn along with the missiles, meaning they can fabricate conga lines of gun drones if they so wish. And last but not least the drones are bs3 with interceptor and JINK so they can shoot seeker missiles at deep striking foes and stay alive reasonably well.
>>
>>49326322
You could Always do the classic Cain wraith conversion
>>
>>49326354
Don't even need the Inquisition. Just nominate a Drone/ Piranha as the Warlord
>>
File: 48673883.png (44KB, 198x257px) Image search: [Google]
48673883.png
44KB, 198x257px
>>49326181
Still having issues with my browser sitting at 'DECRYPTING FOLDER DATA' for the MEGA archive. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>49326354
Idk, but double stormsurge plus firestream is a nightmare. I would not recommend playing maelstrom against such a list.
>>
>>49326423
So I'm not the only one. Any help, anyone?
>>
>>49326423
>>49326460

Me too, tried two different browsers and it's still stuck.
>>
Sorry guys. the rules link still not working for me. Anyone have new traitor's hate pdf to share?
>>
>>49326181
That is a fucking stupid painting.
It looks like he just dipped that cripple in some jam.
>>
>>49326413
Didn't know non-characters or vehicles could be warlords?

>>49326428
Stormsurges are boring. The piranha/drone spam list would at least have a lot of agile movement and varying tactics dependent on opposition (in a tourny environtment with biker libby conclaves, war convocations and the like).
>>
>>49326601
any character in the army is warlord. If there are no characters, any model is warlord, but it doesn't get a trait
>>
>>49326601
>war convocations
> Being afraid of t3/4+ models with a bit of extra wargear
>>
>>49326654
Thanks senpai. Might be worth it to have a character warlord simply to roll for a nice trait though. Are there any formations with extremely low minimum points cost other than inquisitorial detachments?
>>
>>49326693
>implying the entire skitarii faction isn't t3/4+ models with a bit of extra wargear
>>
I'm fucking sorry, but in what possible way is a bunch of 10 meter tall Orks reasonable? There's no goddamn precedent, and we know full well that they don't vary enough in height for that to be possible.

Ghazkhul is maybe 1 and a half regular Nobz tall tops. I could buy a historical warboss making him look like a runt by comparison, but this is just stupidity.
>>
>>49326733
That's exactly what they are, and that's exactly why I've never thought they were scary, despite playing against war convos twice now.
>>
>>49326740
idk, chaos did it? at least it's a little amusing how incompetent it's making the loyalists look
>>
>>49326601
>surges are boring
True, but will be more effective against a wider range of lists than your drone + more drones list.
>>
>>49326740

There's probably going to be a Beast model at some point. And it'll be a walker :^)
>>
>>49326861
Of course he'll be a walker
>After all The Beast is the last of the Brainboyz in a giant walker shaped as a mega-armoured warboss
>>
>>49326740

They should make Ghazzy fucking huge when he gets updated and make him a MC

;-;
>>
Plot twist: The Tyranids are an out of control Old One Bio-Weapon and Eldrad finds the command codes.
>>
>>49327195
Plot twist: he already had the command codes, and was the one to send the nids against iyanden. Because he's a dick.
>>
>>49327195
>Implying the Tyranids weren't created by the C'tan Iash'uddra, the Endless Swarm.
>>
>>49326834
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't 2x stormsurge be a lot more vulnerable to psychic death stars and grav cents?
>>
Question:
I play sessions with a few friends every week, and we have a Tau player who doesn't have a codex with him who has to rely on someone else remembering the stats for him. Should I force him to bring a codex even if it's digital? I get the suspicion that he's fudging their stats in his favor.
>>
>>49327263
>It's the reason why the Tyranids actively avoid Tomb Worlds.
>Not because the lack of Biomass, but Iash'uddra knows what the Necrons will do if they find out a C'tan is leading the Tyranids
>It's why the Silent King has a raging hateboner for the Tyranids, he subconsciously detects the C'tan's handiwork.
>>
File: Two WAACfags Arguing.jpg (82KB, 900x709px) Image search: [Google]
Two WAACfags Arguing.jpg
82KB, 900x709px
>>49327263

aww crap, SOMEONE RING UP THE SILENT KING, TELL HIM HE MISSED ONE.
>>
>>49327265

If you call 16 4++ FnP wounds vulnerable then sure. Grav Centurions do what, 3.5 or 4 wounds to the unit per turn?
>>
>>49327276
Tell him to download it from the mega. If he still can't be assed to take responsibility for his own units' stats don't play with him.
>>
>>49327265

Psychic scream would certainly fuck their shit up, especially supported with LD shredding abilities and aura's like the mask of secrets.
killing a stormsurge with the mirror of minds on a mask of shadows/armour of misery LD bomb remains one of my fondest memories, I mean i still lost the game but it was worth it
>>
FUCKING HYPE FOR DEATH COMPANY AND TERMINATORS
>>
>>49327479

STILL NO DEATH COMPANY TERMINATORS THOUGH

THIS PISSES ME OFF
>>
>>49326181

Rules database won't decrypt for me. Is there a way to fix this problem?
>>
>>49327510
WHY WOULD THEY WASTE TERMINATOR ARMOUR ON THE DEATH COMPANIES?
>>
>>49327240

Hey, it's Iyanden's fault for borrowing his lawnmower and not giving it back.
>>
BA now has 18 relics to choose from and 24 warlord traits.
>>
>>49327533

HEY QUESTION

IF THE DEATH COMPANY ARE ALL MERCY KILLED AFTER ONE MISSION

WHY THE FUCK IS IT PERFECTLY NORMAL TO FIELD LIKE TWENTY DEATH COMPANY? SHOULDNT THEY BE INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS LIKE THE LONE WOLVES OR THE EMPEROR'S CHAMPION?
>>
>>49327566
EXCEPT THEY AREN'T ALL MERCY KILLED. SOME OF THEM ARE TAKEN TO A TOWER ON BAAL TO SCREAM IN RAGE BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT FUCKING SHIT UP OR PUT IN STASIS LIKE LEMARTES.
>>
>>49327566
Usually whole squads fall to it at the same time.
>>
>>49327479
What leaks did I miss? Anyone mind reposting them? I don't remember seeing a DC leak and Warlord Trait leak.
>>
>>49327586

CODEX IS PRETTY EXACTINGLY CLEAR THAT LEMARTES GOES ABOUT KILLING EVERY DEATH COMPANY HE CAN FIND, AND ONLY SPARED LEMARTES BECAUSE HE ASKED NICELY.
>>
>>49327643

MAYBE THE OTHER CHAPLAINS LOCK THEM UP BEFORE ASTORATH CAN GET TO THEM

AND YOU SAID LEMARTES TWICE YOU DUNCEFUCK
>>
File: big team.png (19KB, 881x146px) Image search: [Google]
big team.png
19KB, 881x146px
>>49327643
ASTORATH ONLY KILLS THE GUYS WHO CAN'T BE RESTRAINED, M80, AND ASTORATH ONLY LET LEMARTES LIVE BECAUSE HE WANTED TO STUDY HIS GLORIOUS BODY AND MIND
>>
>>49327167
>that pic
tfw must resort to chopping up DV chaos marines for bits in order to match Kharn's aesthetics
>>
>>49327633

I'd Ignore those leaks, don't believe shit until you see it in print
>>
>>49327533
>Locked the crazy marine is Terminator armour
>In times in between battle remotely disable the Death Company Terminator armour. Leaving them trapped and unable to cause trouble.
>In battle just teleport the crazy fuckers down.
>After battle is over disable their armour and teleport them back, dead or alive.
>Remove the bodies of the dead and prepare the armour for the next victim
>>
>>49327420
>If you call 16 4++ FnP wounds vulnerable then sure.
I mean in contrast to what, 20 individual fast skimmers + 40 gun drones (not counting seeker missiles, but keep in mind drone replacements) for the same points cost?

>>49327456
I've always enjoyed LD based damage for some reason.
>>
>>49327746
>remotely disable the Death Company Terminator armour
Pretty sure that's not a thing.
>>
>>49327794
It is World Eaters did the same thing that >>49327746 said to the Red Butchers to keep them from killing everyone on board their ships. It also happens to an Iron Warrior in Siege of Castellax.
>>
>terminator armour now provides +1 to the strength and toughness characteristic of the model wearing it, as well as a 2+ and a 5++

>price remains the same for assault terminators, chaos terminators and tactical terminators become 30ppm

terminators fixed
>>
>>49327794
I recall it being a thing for Dreadnoughts at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 640x865px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 640x865px
>>49327746
The World Eaters did that in 30k.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 439x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 439x626px
TEAM KILLING FUCKTARD LOOKS LIKE TIM BURTONS TAKE ON KHARN THE BETRAYER

FUCKING MURDERGOTH
>>
>>49327854

FUCK OFF CORVUS CORAX, STOP BEING SO ANUS RAVAGED THAT BEST CHAPLIN PULLS OFF THE MURDERGOTH LOOK BETTER THAN YOU EVER COULD
>>
>>49326181
So is the rules mega broken? The Black Library one works fine.
>>
>>49327854

How are his pauldrons doing that
>>
>>49327794
>Modify the Terminator armour to have the same "sleep cycle" similar to Dreadnoughts
>>
File: Your Army Sucks.jpg (114KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
Your Army Sucks.jpg
114KB, 800x608px
>>49327840

PERHAPS IT IS A BAD IDEA FOR THE CHAPTER WHO HAS DEDICATED A SIGNIFICANT PORTION OF THEIR ICONOGRAPHY AND MOST OF THEIR RITUALS TO BLOOD (INCLUDING THEIR METHOD OF GENESEED IMPLANTATION)
TO REPLICATE THE TACTICS USED BY THEIR ERSTWHILE RIVALS AND NOW MORTAL ENEMIES THE WORLD EATERS DURING THE HORUS HERESY.

ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CONSIDER THAT OUR PRIMARCH SANGUINIUS DIED DURING THE CULMINATION OF THIS HERESY, WE ARE STILL HAUNTED BY THE MEMORIES OF THE HERESY AND A NOT INSIGNIFICANT PORTION OF THE ORDO ASTARTES WANTS TO DECLARE US EXCOMUNICATE TRAITORIS.
>>
File: Blood Angel Chaplain.png (624KB, 602x726px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angel Chaplain.png
624KB, 602x726px
>BA don't get free vehicles in a double-Demi
I'm not too mad about this or the lack of Ob Sec, but I'm kind of miffed our Core formation's bonus is the same as our Decurion's overall bonus.
Feels kind of lazy

I like the new units we're getting though, the Death Company Chaplain seems cool. I like how he gives DC reroll's To Wound like Astorath. Sucks he's stuck with an Inferno Pistol but it could be worse I guess.

Formations seem pretty neat overall so far, but I'm worried that the Terminator one is a tad overpowered. Golden Host seems a tad to expensive to run too, especially for how fragile 2+ is in the current meta.

I hope the Scout formation is good, I really wanna run some BS4 Scouts in my armies.

I also hope the DC formation is good too, since I love running DC. I wonder if they'll let you take Cassor in place of the DC Dread.

Doubt it, but it'd be cool. On another note...

>BA now has 18 relics to choose from and 24 warlord traits
Neat.
6 in the base codex, 3 from Flesh Tearers Strike Force, 3 from Archangels Strike Force, and 6 Death Company Relics from Angel's Blade.

Also, I hope our Techmarines get an update. They're stuck at W1, no relics, and no Coversion Beamers.

Also giving Sanguinary Priests more than one damn weapon base would be nice but now I'm just being greedy
>>
>>49327690
Wait why th e duck did they change that from where those who fall to the Red Thirst go

God Emprah damn it GW
>>
>>49327825
>>49327840
Huh, didn't know that when I suggested that. Neat!
>>
So, I may have some more time to work on cleaning up the 1d4chan tactics pages/formats in general, and was wondering:

If the 40k unit entries/high level overviews for factions were laid out the way that Battlecollege explains them for Warmahordes, would that be ok? Or does the current "list" format work for now? One thing I'm contemplating is some "how to use USRs" section (aka, "Why Hit & Run is awesome", etc)
>>
>>49327836
So loyalists get a powerfist and chaos get a power weapon as well as not having atsknf and chapter tactics

Got it

Fag
>>
File: INNOVATION OUT OF SPITE.jpg (98KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
INNOVATION OUT OF SPITE.jpg
98KB, 800x680px
>>49328037

ALSO, WHY THE FUCK DON'T WE HAVE OUR OWN LAND RAIDER PATTERN WITH THREE TWINLINKED ASSAULT CANNONS AND A MULTIMELTA, THAT WOULD BE METAL AS FUCK AND IT MIGHT EVEN CONVINCE THE MECHANICUS TO GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND INNOVATE AGAIN LIKE PIC RELATED
>>
File: Doggo.jpg (755KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Doggo.jpg
755KB, 2304x1728px
>tfw getting into 40K after years of absence
>tfw there's AdMech figs now
>tfw I made the local ailing GW cry tears of joy buying the lot of them
>tfw getting back into converting and painting
>tfw all these new paints and washes
Shit's expensive though, fucking hell!
>>
>reading Traitor's Hate
>Entire 5th Company of BA is made to go mental
>100 DC form
>They all die
>Elements of 1st and 2nd also involved, with 4th I think
>They get wrecked

I don't mind them getting killed, since BA's are probably the most jobbing chapter in the setting, but wasn't the entire BA force and ALL it's successors recalled to Baal?

What happened after Shield of Baal? They lost 50% of their forces there (which was 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th I think), yet they're all fully replenished AND ignoring the recall order to defend against two, if not three, major threats to Baal (Ka'banthda has corrupted the outer planet of Baal system, Nids are arriving soon AND Ork Waaagh is heading to Baal system).

I know they retconned the Baal Invasion in 2008, but what the fuck has happened? This is even more ludicrous than the Ultramarines recovering from Battle of Maccrage in 50 years and launching a full chapter assault on Damnos.

Does Traitor's Hate come before Shield of Baal? Or what?
>>
Okat but what if I just up and start a death company decurion, and paint the terminators, land raider and three Baal predators in DC colours?
>>
>>49328149
After. The 5th, 1st and 2nd Companies are en route to Baal when they're called there.
>>
Speaking of Baal Predators, is there any reason to give them sponsons? I mean, clearly you aren't going to be able to hit something with all three flamers.
>>
File: map.jpg (156KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
156KB, 960x960px
>>49328149
>>49328208

Their facebook posted this:

Who doesn't love a good war zone map?
We think they're great.

When the Blood Angels arrive in the Diamor System, the forces of Chaos have already established a solid foothold on several planets. With most of their Chapter still preparing the Baal System for the oncoming advance of Tyranids, can the 1st, 2nd and 5th Companies of the Blood Angels blunt the assault of the traitor vanguard?

Alongside this image.
>>
>GW starts updating the weaker factions
>decides to try to reign in the absurd power levels
>now the shit factions are doomed to be shit for the rest of modern 40k while the power factions continue to shit all over everyone and everything
Hope you enjoy your shit-sandwich, BAfags. At least us Chaosfags get to pretended that the next book will be less shit.
>>
>>49328096

GENTLEMEN, I HAVE SUCESSFULLY DUPLICATED THE BALL PREDATOR. BEHOLD, A PERFECTLY SPHERICAL TANK!
>>
>>49328208
>>49328247
Oh. Good idea. Waste an entire Company fighting and not even stopping Chaos.
>>
File: [Decimation Intensifies].jpg (126KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
[Decimation Intensifies].jpg
126KB, 1000x1000px
>>49328078

THIS WOULD OF COURSE COME AT THE SAME TIME AS A NEW CHAOS CODEX AND NEW MODELS FOR THE CHAOS TERMINATORS, PROVIDING OPTIONS FOR CULT HEAVY WEAPONS LIKE THE CHEM-CASTER (S1 AP3 Poisoned 2+ Template) THE GORESTORM CANNON (S4 AP4 Assault 8 Rending) A BLAST-MASTER AND A KAI GUN FOR TZEENCH (S10 AP2 Heavy 1 Blast [wounds based on leadership])

ALSO ALL SORTS OF AWESOME MELEE WEAPON OPTIONS TO ALLOW YOU TO PERSONALISE YOUR TROOPS HOWEVER YOU WANT AND A REWORKED MARK SYSTEM TO MAKE MARKS FREE AND MORE IMPACTFUL THAN THEY CURRENTLY ARE BECAUSE IF TRAITOR SCUM HAVE SHIT TIER RULES THEN BRINGING THE EMPERORS FORGIVENESS TO THEM BECOMES A CHORE INSTEAD OF A CHALLENGE.
>>
>>49327794
It is. They did it in HH. Also, the fluff says Terminator armour can be teleported back, even if the guy is dead.
>>
They need to just

Fucking

Stop

Having companies of marines engage in stand up brawls with other factions. Even as supersoldiers, 100 men can't do shit if they just fucking stand there and slug it out against billions.
>>
>>49327550
And they include such riveting things like a *master-crafted* inferno pistol or a 30pts Counterattack trinket.
Still, variety is the spice of life. It's certainly better than being Chaos and getting no new relics, warlord traits or such at all.
>>
>>49328349
>What is Rynn's World?
>What is the Battle of Thermopylae?
>>
>>49328343
Between Angel's Blade, Traitor's Hate, the CSM supplement reprints, and Waaagh Ghazkull, what makes you think things will get any better with new books?

>>49328349
Astartes are supposed to be engaging in lightning strikes against enemy command elements and other such critical elements.
>>
>>49328042
Cause it was stupid.
>>
>>49328389

>Held the pass with only 300 Spartans!
>And more than 7000 other dudes, but I mean, only 300 Spartans!
>>
>>49328413
>Astartes are supposed to be engaging in lightning strikes against enemy command elements and other such critical elements.

Exactly! Having them just kinda group up and march as an army is unfathomably retarded.
>>
File: tau5.jpg (100KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
tau5.jpg
100KB, 900x507px
Know its /v/, but has anyone been playing the beta for these guys? They seem overpowered to me but I am not very good at this game.
>>
>>49328039
>I'm kind of miffed our Core formation's bonus is the same as our Decurion's overall bonus.

Da boyz know yer problem.
>>
>>49328039
Keep in mind that it'll let BA hit before eldar and dark eldar in melee, and at the same time as slaaneshi chaos lords. That's pretty nasty to my mind.
>>
>>49328495

And yer limitz.
>>
>>49328502

Can't benefit from the same rule more than once. No I6 4U
>>
>>49328444

>7,300 greeks

>against ~100,000 Persians

>holding the Persians off for 3 days of constant battle

>implying thats still not impressive as fuck
>>
>>49328537
And the difference between a Space Marine and another faction's shitty infantry is exponentially greater than that of a Spartan vs a Persian.
>>
>>49328104
Welcome back. Feels nice to be able to afford expensive thangs, don't it?
>>
How many death company does it take to change a lightbulb?
>>
Can I get some help /tg/? I am an Admech player and fairly new. Our local Tau player is apparently planning to bring a Stormsurge and/or a ghostkeel to a 600pt unbound game. I have available:

10 Skitarii Vanguard and 10 Skitarii Rangers
6 Kataphron Destroyers
A tech-priest Dominus
Two Kastelans and Datasmith
One Onager Dunecrawler

Can anyone suggest any tips other than "give up"?
>>
>>49326423
>>49326460

Try turning off any adblockers/scriptblockers/whitelist the mega site, etc etc
>>
>>49328534
Are they literally the same rule, or just the same benefit?
>>
>>49328643
Destroy his riptides before he gets the idea to use them in a 600pt unbound game
>>
>>49328643
Can the dunecrawler ram? If so, do it and instawin if the stormsurge is in lockdown. Otherwise... I don't know, are those two affected by haywire?
>>
>>49328648
No dice, installing the MEGA extension doesn't help either....
>>
>>49328643

>stormsurge
>600 points

Why even play?
>>
>>49328643

Tell him to bring a real army or fuck off. You're there to play a game, not set up terrain then put it away.
>>
>>49328643
Murder him and sell his models on ebay to buy more Admech and avoid playing a shitty game with a terrible person.
>>
>>49328643
Refuse to play him. Alternatively.

Offer to help him bring his army in, assuming he brings more than just the stormsurge to the store. Carry the Stormsurge in/otherwise get it away from him. Dump a bottle of acetone on it.
>>
Does a character with a special rule (preferred enemy) confer this to a squad he joins?
>>
>>49328338
That would be cool, but a tac termie is still worth more than a Chaos termie by dint of his powerfist. It doesn't matter if we get cool options if base models are still overpriced shit. And toys tacked on to current series won't did basic mechanical problems with how our lists work.
>>
File: IMG_20160912_225708.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160912_225708.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
I'll be taking drawing request
>>
>>49328773
A logo for my new Dark Mechanicus army would be neat.
>>
>>49328773
Cadian Guardsman killing a Mega-Nob with a Melta.
>>
>>49328757
Depends on the special rule.

In your case:

"...A unit that contains at least one model with this special rule re-rolls failed To Hit and To Wound rolls of 1 if attacking its Preferred Enemy..."
>>
>>49328813
Got any idea of what do you want in that logo ?
Skulls ?
Cogs?
Panties?
>>
>>49328856

wew lad.

To hit and to wound? noice.
>>
>>49328849
I'll be trying to do that
>>
File: Dark_Mechanicus_Icon.jpg (68KB, 491x570px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Mechanicus_Icon.jpg
68KB, 491x570px
>>49328858
Considering that this is the "canon" one, I'd reckon one side being a skull and the other being a Tzeentchian demon? Just a big maw and small eyes, I reckon.
>>
>>49328495
Unless it was changed, "The Red Thirst" wouldn't stack on itself and your guys would be stuck at I5 as opposed to I6 or higher no matter how many stacks of the rule they had.

Plus, I had always thought it was a rather weak bonus anyway.
I know how strong it can be on Assault units, trust me, but that newfound usefulness rarely tends to carry over to shooty units like Tacticals and Devastators (which in C:BA get both Furious Charge and The Red Thirst, but no shooting bonuses) which make up the majority of your Demi-Company.

The only other bonus that the BA Decurion gives besides the Warlord Trait Reroll and The Red Thirst is Zealot for units at half their remaining model count (rounded down), which is absolutely terrible.

A 5 man squad would only get this bonus when they had lost 3 of their models, and if they lost those 3 models in the first round of combat, RAW the remaining 2 models wouldn't even get to use the Rerolls from the Hatred part of Zealot since it only applies in the first round of a combat.

The Fearless they would get would be nice, but it also prevents a near-dead unit from Going to Ground and trying to stay alive/waste more enemy fire as they die.

>>49328495
>Da boyz know yer problem.
True, I should be happy that what we got didn't make what we already had worse.
Gotta take whatever scraps we can get here in the bottom rung.

I'm still psyched my main man Cassor was includes in the +A2 Dreadnoughts got a while ago.
He even got his own page!
>>
>>49328893
Ok, let me get my pencils 'n shiet and I'll be working
>>
File: Immortan Joe.jpg (435KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Immortan Joe.jpg
435KB, 658x370px
>>49328893
>that fleshy side
>>
>>49328918
>A 5 man squad would only get this bonus when they had lost 3 of their models
>missed out on the rounding down
>5/2 = 2.5 (Round Down) for 2.
Granted it's not much better.
>>
>>49328885
Thanks!
>>
>>49328965
Could you post an Ork nob ?
I would be helping me a lot
>>
>>49328957
Oh, my mistake, I wasn't sure how to calculate the rounding down.

It's a slight comfort since I usually end up losing 2/5 of my models just getting into combat this edition anyway.
>>
File: meganob.jpg (296KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
meganob.jpg
296KB, 1024x1463px
>>49328987
>>
>>49329008
Thank you very much
>>
>>49326740
I agree 100% with this. It's just goddamn lazy, how is the only way to make them appear menacing is a.) take away their weaknesses entirely b.) add strengths completely outside of what we know of them.

I thought Gazhy did it well enough, so it's obviously possible.
>>
Don't have my rulebook with me, but question:

Can an Independent Character attached to Squad A at the beginning of the turn leave that unit and join Squad B in the same turn (assuming the IC ends within cohesion)?
>>
>>49329080
Yep.
>>
>>49329080
Looks like it, though joining ends the joined unit's movement phase.
>>
>>49328559
So what do you want? Less anvil, more hammer?
>>
>>49328918
does that errata stack with the one giving all dreads +2 attacks?
>>
Sigh. I went in the other thread, so repeating comments.

What are the new BA units then? No Death Company Terminators as I hoped, right?

Did the rules fix the TERRIBLE selection of Relics BA got? (25pts for a Plasma Pistol without Gets Hot, when a Salamander can get one with MC for 20). Shield of Baal Relics were even worse.

Did they also get Dreadnoughts with A4?

Also. Flags have stopped displaying on 4chan for me. Also the Cross on Reply Box has disappeared. Can somebody help explain what's gone wrong?

>>49327882
Base Codex Relics are dogshit.
Shield of Baal Relics are also dogshit, including the Fleash Tearers.

I've not seen the Death Company relics, but I seriously doubt they'll be any good. Vanilla and Space Wolves level relics? LOL. Never ever.
>>
>>49329300
If you can speak frenchlish, then have a look here:
http://imgur.com/a/pLSNH
I'm pretty sure one relic gives counter-attack for the low low price of 30 points, so I'm not holding out too much hope that the rest are good.
>>
>>49329300
What chapter has the best relics? raukaan maybe?
>>
>>49329300
only changes from the core book is grav on devastors, codex: space marine assault marines, and squadrons of tanks
>>
>>49328635
How many?
>>
The geometric part is done, now were getting serious
>>
>>49329420
Cool. Going well?
>>
>Ideas for a reworked chaos mark system

>marks of chaos now cost 2pmm,

>cost is 30 points for independent characters for all marks

>marks provide basic effects for infantry and more advanced effects for characters

>slaanesh infantry gains +1 initiative, +3 inches to all movement actions (9" move, D6 +3 run, 2D6+3 charge) and fleet of foot

>slaanesh characters gain relentless, another +1 initiative, rending, fearless and +1 attacks

>nurgle infantry gains +1 toughness, slow and purposeful and poisoned (4+) melee and ranged attacks

>nurgle characters gain +1 wound, IWND, FNP and an autohitting poisoned 4+ AP2 wound at I1 for every model in base contact (friend or foe, but ignoring MON or DON models)

>khorne infantry gains +1 Strength, rage, hatred and HOW

>khorne characters gain +1 weapon skill, shred, rampage and an improved charge distance (D6+6 shared with models in squad)

tzeentch infantry gain +1 to invulnerable saves, preferred enemy (everything) and reroll failed saves of 1 (put this on terminators)

tzeentch characters gain +1 mastery level (becoming a mastery level 1 psyker if they weren't already a psyker) harness warp charges on a 3+ and reroll all failed saves

cult units (plague marines, khorne bezerkers, noise marines and rubrics) get marks for free and are treated as all being characters for the purposes of determining what bonuses they get from their marks

the mark of chaos ascendant remains unchanged

the VOTLW gives fearless for 1 point, cannot be taken with marks

characters with marks from opposing gods (khorne/slaanesh, nurgle/tzeentch) treat eachother as desperate allies

marked IC's cannot join units marked by other gods
>>
Maybe 'cos the campaign is Chaos vs BA, they purposefully released a shit bangle supplement so that they wouldn't skew the results?
>>
Do Bangels have the best termies in the game now?
>>
>>49329380
They FAQ'd the Dreadnoughts all up to A4, but I was asking if it's displayed now.

>>49329373
Raukaan, Vanilla and Space Wolves (including their supplement) are probably the best.

Blood Angel's are terrible

Their best relic is a 20pt AP2 sword. That's it. That is literally it. Their Shield of Baal Relics? 5pts for a power sword which Instant Deaths MC's on a To Hit of a 6... but can only be used by a Terminator Sergeant. A Psychic Hood which nulls Shadow in the Warp. Everything else is so shit it's utterly pointless.

>>49329367
Fuck me. What's the fucking point? I can understand one good one and the rest being shit, but none of them are good. The best is mediocre at best. 20pts for AP2. Why? Compared to, say, 40pts for +2S AP2 Blind Sword. Or the 30pts for the Chains of the Gorgon or however much it is. Etc. Etc.

>>49329468
Formation? Apparently. On their own? Nope. Space Wolves.
>>
>>49329448
Jesus you suck at this, that is broken beyond belief
>>
new general apparently

advise against, OP is even more of a cancerous faggot than normal

>>49327196
>>
File: IMG_20160913_215304.jpg (759KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_215304.jpg
759KB, 1920x2560px
>>49329446
I finished the star, I'm getting to the skulls and the face, after that I'll ink it and go to the cadian and the nob
>>
File: Sad Ripper.jpg (8KB, 318x242px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Ripper.jpg
8KB, 318x242px
>>49329489

shit, lets fix the format at least

also minor points balancing

>marks of chaos now cost 4pmm,

>marks provide basic effects for infantry and more advanced effects for characters

>slaanesh infantry gains +1 initiative, +3 inches to all movement actions (9" move, D6 +3 run, 2D6+3 charge) and fleet of foot

>slaanesh characters gain relentless, another +1 initiative, rending, fearless and +1 attacks

>nurgle infantry gains +1 toughness, slow and purposeful and poisoned (4+) melee and ranged attacks

>nurgle characters gain +1 wound, IWND, FNP and an autohitting poisoned 4+ AP2 wound at I1 for every model in base contact (friend or foe, but ignoring MON or DON models)

>khorne characters gain +1 weapon skill, shred, rampage and an improved charge distance (D6+6 shared with models in squad)

>tzeentch infantry gain +1 to invulnerable saves, preferred enemy (everything) and reroll failed saves of 1 (put this on terminators)

>tzeentch characters gain +1 mastery level (becoming a mastery level 1 psyker if they weren't already a psyker) harness warp charges on a 3+ and reroll all failed saves

>cult units (plague marines, khorne bezerkers, noise marines and rubrics) get marks for free and are treated as all being characters for the purposes of determining what bonuses they get from their marks

>the mark of chaos ascendant remains unchanged

>the VOTLW gives fearless for 1 point, cannot be taken with marks

>characters with marks from opposing gods (khorne/slaanesh, nurgle/tzeentch) treat eachother as desperate allies

>marked IC's cannot join units marked by other gods

>chaos space marines now cost 13 ppm

>taking a mark unlocks specialty wargear related to that god for the squad that buys it
>>
>>49329492

>don't want the cancerous fag
>don't want the idiot little shit can't make bread right.

What do?
>>
>>49329548
>votlw cant be taken with marks

What bullshit is this
>>
>>49329448
>buttshrekt banglefag shitposting as if he is instead a bitter csmfag pretending to come up with completely retarded broken shit to distract from inevitable avalanche of BA salt
>>
>>49329300
>>49329367
Relics look like:
Reliquary Armor: 2+ with Adamantium Will and Crusader: 30 points
Guardians Blade: S: User AP: 2 Melee, Two Handed, Master Crafted, Armorbane: 30 points
Splinter of Blood: Counter Attack: 30 points
Baals Vengeance: Range: Template S:X AP:6 Poison (4+): 20 points
Firestorm: Master crafted fusion pistol
Golden Crozius: S:+2 AP:3 Master Crafted, Concussive: 25 points
>>
>>49329563
idk kys I guess
>>
>>49326740
Da boyz can only get as big as da boss an he only getz bigga if hes krumpin sumthin
>>
>>49329571
That implies chaosfags making broken suggestions need an excuse to post their drivel.
>>
>>49328273
The Imperial thought they won the war there. The traitors retreated from the system and hid in celestial gas cloud waiting for the Daemon Cage to break.

The Blood Angels called in the Grey Knights because they knew something was wrong.
>>
>>49329570

change the name to mark of chaos undivided, its for people who wanna run ironwarriors/nightlords

alternatively, remove the ability to buy the rule, chosen get it for free, and iron warriors can go wait for their suppliment

punishment for ruining 3.5
>>
>>49329130
>>49329132
Cool. Looks like operation burning skyhost is a go.

Thanks for the insight
>>
>>49329636
Veterans of the Long War and Marked By The Gods are not two mutually exclusive things.
If you want to introduce a Mark of Chaos Undivided, go for it, but VotLW as an upgrade is fluffy and cool. (as a concept, the rules are crap)
>>
>>49329661
That +1 Ld does offset the lack of aTSKnF, almost.
>>
Can you do traitor mechanicus and ally them with chaos SPASS MAREENS?
>>
File: IMG_20160913_221227.jpg (1022KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_221227.jpg
1022KB, 1920x2560px
Is that ok ?
I made what you did about the daemon: big jaws and small eyes, I'm not entirely sure is that what you want so I'm asking you
>>
>>49329661

fuck it, remove the restriction on VOTLW being mutually exclusive with god marks

if you wanna pay 18 ppm on tac-marine equivalents then go for it

also, aspiring champions now cost +10 points over a basic marine, and get +1LD, +1 attack and +1 wound

3 WOUNDS ON A NURGLE SQUAD SERGEANT
>>
>>49329706
RAW: Yes, they'll be Come the Apocalypse tier tho, so no set-up within 12" and One Eye Open will be in effect.
>>
>>49329684
yes but now your the same points as a regular tactical marine and you dont have: chapter tactics, combat squads, *actual* ATSKNF, and less options.
Instead you trade all that for hatred(space marines)

Dunno if we wanna get back into this, but VotLW should give +1i, +1a, +1ld, and PE(imperials).
Then there should be champion upgrade for re-roll hits in challenges and +1w.
Marks should go up in points, and be WORTH it. like +1I, +1WS, fleet MOS, or something.
and base chaos marines points go down.

This way you have "cheap" traitor/renegade marines that dont have the fancy special rules, but you can pay to have them marked or veterans, become more expensive than normal marines, but GOOD for their price. Actually scary 10 000 year old veterans of the heresy.

then have a renegade meta-detachment and a legion meta-detachment that further define the army.
>>
>>49329736
Excellent work!
>>
>>49329774
Ok I'm inking it
Want some color with that ?
>>
>>49329213
No, since technically he's not from Codex: Blood Angels, but rather a supplement of it, and the errata only buffed "All dreadnoughts in Codex:______"

If only though... If only.
>>
File: WRYYYY.gif (5MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WRYYYY.gif
5MB, 640x360px
>>49329600
>>
>>49329592
These are either boring as sin (*master-crafted* fusion pistol, WOW), overcosted like woah (AP3 crozius is nice, but 25 for a char that already has a crozius is dumb) or can be replaced by generic gear (compare the blade with a thunderhammer or the *other* ap2 relic sword).
I suppose the armor is kinda nice, assuming I can hand it to a libby.
>>
final revision

>marks of chaos now cost 6/7/8/9pmm for slaanesh/nurgle/khorne/tzeentch

>tzeentch infantry gain +1 to invulnerable saves, preferred enemy (everything) and reroll failed saves of 1 (put this on terminators)

>tzeentch characters gain +1 mastery level (becoming a mastery level 1 psyker if they weren't already a psyker) harness warp charges on a 3+ and reroll all failed saves

>cult units (plague marines, khorne bezerkers, noise marines and rubrics) get marks for free and are treated as all being characters for the purposes of determining what bonuses they get from their marks(rubrics cannot cast powers, but generate warpcharges as if they were a ML1 brotherhood of psykers)

>the mark of chaos ascendant remains unchanged

>the VOTLW gives +1 ld and PE(armies of the imperium) for 4 points.

>characters with marks from opposing gods (khorne/slaanesh, nurgle/tzeentch) treat eachother as desperate allies

>marked IC's cannot join units marked by other gods

>chaos space marines now cost 10 ppm

>aspiring champions are a upgrade that gives +1LD, +1A and +1W for +10 points

anything I missed?
>>
File: calm.jpg (74KB, 556x683px) Image search: [Google]
calm.jpg
74KB, 556x683px
>Space Wolves get Dreadnought formation
>Blood Angels get Dreadnought formation
>Still nothing for vanilla marines
GOD
DAMNIT
>>
Is there any way to play 40k solo that isn't just throwing your two armies at each other i.e. kill team?
>>
>>49329684
I wonder. ATSKNF provides so much practical use, it is probably better than Fearless in most situations. +1Ld on the other hand makes you somewhat harder to break, but that's it.
Maybe it could provide Stubborn on top of it or something.
>>
>>49329888
>anything I missed?

Balance you delusional bastard. Nice digits though.
>>
>>49329888
>god's favorite number as price
Dropped
>>
>>49329888

well khorne likes the changes at least
>>
>>49329793
Blues/dark purple for the daemon face, please!
>>
>>49329888
How are any of the marks ever supposed to be anything but a token option for regular marines?
>>
>>49329922
Well, yeah. Killteam, for one thing.
>>
>>49329912
>Vanilla marines
>nothing

Eat a bag of dicks.
>>
>>49329968
You fell for the bait.
>>
File: 800px-Angry_Marine_Desktop.jpg (61KB, 800x393px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Angry_Marine_Desktop.jpg
61KB, 800x393px
>>49329912
>Vanilla marines bitching about not having anything
>>
>>49329975
Eh, not really, been looking for a reason to say "Eat a bag of dicks" all night.

So, so long and suck a dick dumbshits
>>
>>49329998
>So, so long and suck a dick dumbshits

That's too much man.
>>
File: Khorne Lord Of Skulls.png (800KB, 641x627px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne Lord Of Skulls.png
800KB, 641x627px
>>49329935

I don't particularly see whats unbalanced about these changes, the cheapest mark charges 16 ppm for spacemarines that hit and move faster, for 14 points the vanilla marines get +1 ld (due to having to pay for our sergeants now) ATSKNF, and chapter tactics, and they're still bloody overcosted, if I had my way marines would cost 12~13 ppm because that 3+ ain't what it used to be

>>49329939

this triggers the anon
>>
>>49330007
Man, what to do now, how can i fill the endless void of me without a shot about broken people screwing themselves over.
>>
>>49329888
A sensible balance would be nice, for starters. Consistency would be nice, too. Characters don't need an endless litany of special bullshit that's unconnected to the mook mark (e.g. +1S for troopers but +1WS for characters). Just make the mark as is good and offer some god-specific gifts.
If VotLW were to provide general PE (Everything) it'd be worth 4pts per dude. After 10 millenia you'd think somebody would have a solid grasp on how to kick everything's ass.
I do like the idea of 2W champions, though.
>>
File: IMG_20160913_223543.jpg (778KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_223543.jpg
778KB, 1920x2560px
>>49329944
Like this ?
>>
>>49329968
>>49329988
nothing related to dreadnoughts if I have to spell it out for you halfwits
>>
>>49330081
You have enough bullshit, you don't need more.
>>
>>49329953

>9 inch movement isn't worth 16 points

>+1 toughness, slow and purposeful and poisoned on everything isn't worth 17 points

>+1 Strength, rage, hatred and HOW isn't worth 18 points

>reroll 1's to hit, to wound and to save as well as a 6++ at worst isn't worth 19 points

>>49330030

Chaos space marine players are always complaining that they don't get what the loyalists get, then when they do get what the loyalists get they start complaining that its too much like loyalists, and since chaos space marine characters are so important to the army what with boons and shit I thought I'd go the extra mile to making those characters stronger than your average sergeant
>>
File: image.png (314KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
314KB, 640x480px
Do Imperial Armour Contemptors benefit from the dreadnought eratta when taken for Blood Angels?
>>
>>49330021
Not that anon, but the cavalcade of special rules and stats provided by the marks is a bit much. Why not slim down the benefits to stuff that actually matters and reduce the costs. In fact, why not make the cost for marks a flat one for the entire unit? That'd encourage people to play large units instead of MSU shit.
Also, marks should do the same for units and characters, otherwise shit is just messy.
>>
>>49330021
Jezus shit didn't notice 10ppm space marines. No. Stop.
firewarriors are 10ppm, sisters of battle are 11ppm.
eldar guardians are 9ppm.
God damn orks with armor are 9ppm.

CSM should be ~12ppm
>>
>>49330107
>Chaos space marine players are always complaining

The crux of the matter.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 402x564px
>>49330114

>This will get rid of your human dna
>>
So I'm working on expanding my rather small IW fluffy army, in my mind my Grand Company sticks as close to the old 30k Iron Warriors forces. After reading both Siege of Castellax and Angel Exterminatus I feel like I haven't gained much detail on what to run aside from a mix of artillery, cqc infantry, and Warpsmiths. With the smiths being so important I figure lots of vehicles are essential, I'm just not sure which ones. However I've noticed that CSM artillery in game doesn't really reflect the quantity or function of Iron Warriors artillery. I think Raptors will make excellent assault units though. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should use in place of Basilisks for artillery or any other signature units the Iron Warriors should be running?

My foes tend to be loyalist SM (DA+SW), Tau, and Nids incase you think that should affect what I build.
>>
>>49330090
I WANT MORE
>>
>>49330114
No, only standard box dreadnoughts in the codex
So Imperial Armor dreadnoughts all have 2 attacks still
>>
>>49330130

firewarriors get a 30 Inch, S5 AP5 gun and supporting fire as well as a 4+ for 10ppm

guardians can move 6, shoot their assault 2 rending guns, move D6 with battlefocus (a flat 6 when in their special detachment) for 9ppm

sisters of battle are badly in need of a model and codex update
C:SM tacticals should cost 12 points

but you do have a point, so how about charging 11 points for a chaos space marine
>>
>>49330225

And of course, the plastic contemptor rules are main marines only.

God damn, I don't even care what marines or mix of multiple marine lists I have to run do do it, I just want an all-dread army where I can take a broad variety of 'em.

I got assembled 11 of the fucking things, including three Contemptors a Leviathan and a Deredeo.
>>
>>49330107
>making those characters stronger than your average sergeant
Sensible. A marked 2 wound champion would probably go a long way towards making those mandatory challenges more bearable.

That said, those marks provide too much benefit. Slim it down to, say, +1 to one stat and one special rule for each mark plus *one* additional rule for characters and it'd be reasonable.
Let's say something like this
- Slaanesh: +1I and Battlefocus for everybody; characters get Rending on top.
- Nurgle: +1T and FnP for everybody, characters get IWND on top.
- Khorne: +1S and Rage, characters get Rampage on top.
>>
>>49330287
Just make your list, worrying about viability is a waste of time
>>
Best weapon/wargear for Kataphron Battle Servitor?
>>
>>49330227
In the previous panel he paid in poop.
>>
>>49329888

Seconding for streamlining the marks in between models and characters
Mark of Khorne:
>Models gain +1 Strength, Rage, Hatred, Hammer of Wrath
>Characters get the following as well: Shred, Rampage, and may substitute any charge roll result with an 8.
>>
File: Good Job buddy.jpg (127KB, 1020x825px) Image search: [Google]
Good Job buddy.jpg
127KB, 1020x825px
>>49330359

thats an assload better than my idea

we could charge 5ppm for all of them

how about for tzeenctch something like this was employed

-tzeentch: prefered enemy and +1ld,
characters get +1 ML (or psyker ML1) on top
>>
File: kharn2minioi1.jpg (78KB, 428x379px) Image search: [Google]
kharn2minioi1.jpg
78KB, 428x379px
You wanna talk homebrew Chaos?

Here's things that need a-fixin'.

1. Good representation of gambling on harnessing the power of the Warp.

Idea: Bring back Mastery. Leadership test a Champion of Chaos may take, bonuses for Mark of, Daemon of, VotLW. Wound at no AP suffered for every failure or any success on doubles. Lost Wounds render WS/BS 1 for phase. All Wounds saved/unsaved incur - 1 to character's next Mastery.

2. Good representation of Legions and renegade each.

Idea: Command Benefits chosen per detachment or formation themed around Legions, Red Corsairs, Crimson Slaughter, etc. Make one for edgy atheists like NL/WE which give morale bonus to un-Marked and allow another Command Benefit to be taken.

3. Sensible system of Marks, Icons, and Cults.

Icons provide minor benefit, Marks a moderate one, Cult a major one, all stack to make a cohesive unit (so something other than +1I for Slaanesh, Noise Marines are shooters). Mark of Chaos Undivided for characters only, provide Morale bonus and benefit from unit's Mark.

4. Tolerable delivery systems for assault/close range units.

Drop pods and Land Raider variants, maybe a Siege Crawler daemon engine assault transport lol.

5. Internal balance and each Unit having a role which is not stomped on by units in the same FOC slot (Bikes VS Raptors).

6. New options for weapon upgrades other than what we've had for literal decades.
>>
>>49330387
kataphron destroyers with heavy grav cannons kind of outshine everything else.
>>
>>49330035
Yeah!
>>
>>49330429

bikes vs jumptroops is the problem faced by loyalists as well as by chaos

shit sucks when you picked blood angels or raven guard over white scars or dark angels
>>
>>49330429
5. Internal balance and each Unit having a role which is not stomped on by units in the same FOC slot (Bikes VS Raptors).
>Bikes vs Assault Marines vs Vanguard Vets
>Stealth Suits vs Ghostkeel

Not belittling the CSM issue, but that's an issue across the board of GW being incapable of balancing slots.
>>
File: IMG_20160913_231040.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_231040.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>49330452
Here it is !
>>
>>49330507
>>49330501
Fact. But if I'm in the business of homebrew (and boy does my YUGE France make it seem so), I can try to do better.
>>
>>49330567
Fandex, not France, what the shit, phone.
>>
For what price i could sell two squads of well (lets say mid or if we are really kind mid-highish paint) of steel legion minis with custom well made bases?
>>
ALRIGHT TG, TIME TO BRAINSTORM UP A WAY TO SEPARATE BIKES FROM JUMP INFANTRY

>how about giving jump infantry 3D6 charge distances, and having the jumpjets assault phase usage allowing the user to charge 6+2D6

that would go a long way towards separating jump units from bikes
>>
>>49330550
Gorgeous work, much appreciated!
>>
>>49326740
Orks grow in size as long as they are krumping. The more they krump, the bigger they get. Pretty sure Big E fought a 30 foot tall ork.
>>
>>49330427
>Preferred Enemy and +1Ld
That works actually rather well. Limited Precognition, scrying rituals and the like does well to explain both Preferred Enemy and +1Ld.
+1Mastery I am sorta ambivalent about. It's fluffy, but damn powerful. I'd have said maybe Adamantium Will (for obvious reasons) or Counterattack (again, precognition).
>>
>>49330606
Jump units:
move: difficult terrain as dangerous. 12", ignoring intervening units/terrain. or hammer of wrath + reroll charge range
shoot: as normal
assault: may charge fliers, but must make a dangerous terrain test, and the flier counts as ws10.

Bikes: +1 save, to a maximum of 3+
move: 12", difficult terrain as dangerous
shoot: relentless
melee: hammer of wrath.
>>
>>49330629
That'll be 50$ plus tip, sir. I'm joking I don't accept tipping
>>
>>49330567
True. Just pointing out that (for your example Jump as a whole is inferior to Bike across the board, and not just for CSM)

For example I'd rather see an across the board buff to Jump units:
>+1 S (no effect to MC)
>Use Jump in both phases (sorry Raven Guard)
>Can assault Zooming Fliers / Swooping FMC

Jump units now have a distinct different feel to Bikes. Which are usually durable shooty vs Jumps melee killy.
>>
>>49330606
All bikes, jetbikes, etc cost 5 more points than they do now. Jump infantry (if assaulting using their jump packs) cause fear for the first round.
>>
>>49330838
That'd require Fear not being shit for a once.
Which, incidentally, would be kinda nice.
>ATSKNF no longer provides immunity to Fear
>Fear auto-triggers on the charge (and only on the charge)
>Rather than the current effect, Fear causes -1 to WS, I and Ld for the turn.
>>
>>49330657

Then why the fuck is the range of sizes in Orks so minimal otherwise?

The difference is just far too excessive.
>>
>>49331043

because the kits are old and need updating

I dream of the day when ghazzy's big enough to headbutt the swarmlord
>>
>>49331027
>Rather than the current effect, Fear causes -1 to WS, I and Ld for the turn.
Still really useless.
>>
Hi Stormlord, I'm the guy guy that requested the Scorpion Exarch vs Necron Overlord. Just got back from work, missed a thread or two, don't suppose you got anywhere with it? I only ask because I may have missed it. Thanks
>>
>>49331091
Eh, I don't know, -1I and WS is pretty nice in a MEQ-centric game.
Still, how about Fear fucking with Overwatch?
>>
>>49324651
>We meet at a tournament, I bring my most casual stuff against him (hoping he would be the gentlemen I know he was), and instead he brings 5 leman russ and a baneblade

Are you for real? He (like you) was taking part in a tournament. He (unlike you) knew that most of the players would be waac-scum, so he did what he can. You have no reason to cry here, because he wasn't playing against you, he was playing against everyone else.

And what kind of fluffy army you use? Any proper army have a way or two to deal with armour (yeah, let's spam cultists and BDSM daemons because this feels fluffy to me!).

And I'm a fluffy CSM player. World Eaters FYI. I used to deploy fluffy armies and didn't go well for a tourney, but at least I had anti-infantry and anti-armour covered.
>>
Facing Orks again, going for a Maximum Dakka approche. Celestine hangs with Seraphim. Inquisitor with the monkey hopefully on an objective inside cover.

+++ Inquisitor Alfonso Vasquez de Leon Battle Harem (1848pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1380pts) ++

+ HQ (135pts) +

Saint Celestine (135pts)

+ Troops (320pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (160pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (160pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (550pts) +

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (190pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Melta]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Seraphim Squad (170pts) [8x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers]

+ Heavy Support (375pts) +

3x Exorcist (125pts)

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (468pts) ++

+ HQ (108pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (108pts) [Bolt Pistol, Conversion Beamer, Power Armour, Psyker (Mastery Level 1)]

+ Elites (360pts) +

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (110pts)
[7x Acolyte with Bolter, Psyker]
··Chimera [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammunition]

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (110pts)
[7x Acolyte with Bolter, Psyker]
··Chimera [Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammunition]

Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (140pts)
[8x Acolyte with Bolter, 2x Jokaero Weaponsmith, Servitor with Plasma Cannon, Psyker]
>>
>>49331091

>-1 to fucking initiative weapon skill and leadership

that squad of guardsmen now hits the other squad first, hits on a 3+ and has a better chance of breaking the enemies advance AND a better chance of catching them in a sweeping advance

thats far from useless, i swear to god how can people forget that leadership matters in the assault phase
>>
>>49330764
You could set up a Patreon/Venmo if you actually wanted to monetize your skill, just saiyan.
>>
>>49330451
Thanks friend. I'll probably assemble them that way when I pick up a box of them
>>
File: huge_guts.jpg (73KB, 1480x1110px) Image search: [Google]
huge_guts.jpg
73KB, 1480x1110px
>>49331090
I like big orks, but I'm not sure I want a monopose orkboss that can wrestle a orkanaut. As it is with tits, there is a certain point where big becomes too big and things just veer off into grotesque.
Which is a point the new ten-meter orks have clearly passed.
>>
File: IMG_20160913_235316.jpg (1000KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_235316.jpg
1000KB, 1920x2560px
>>49331112
It still being wip, but I've got the base right now , I'll show you
>>
>>49331091
MEQ vs. MEQ
>you now hit better than your enemy
>you now hit before your enemy
>your enemy now is more likely to book it
That's hardly useless.
>>
Other thread was deleted.

How do I get over my fear of building my old warhammer stuff after all these years?

I have Orkz, Orcs and Gobbos, Chaos SM, Space Marines, and imperial guard in about 1500-2000 points of unbuilt models each. (For Orkz its more like unfinished than unbuilt mostly built but still lots of mold lines to remove. Rushed to enter a tourney when I was in college.)

How do I build them without having the newest codeses and still get enjoyment on the tabletop without finding out I built them to what wasnt the current meta of the rules so I have to buy more or break them.

This is the shit that always bothered me even when I followed warhammer and bought the updates.

What would be the easiest from my list to get back into other than Orkz which I want a break from still. I will probably be painting them while building the new force.
>>
>>49331277
At first glance it kinda looks like he is about to take a riding crop to that carnifex. Kinky.
>>
>>49331299
Anywhere that fear would actually matter, ie against dedicated melee units, they usually have fearless or some equivalent. Shits useless.
>>
>>49331249

yeah, any 10 meter orks other than the beast (who's basically a krork really) are straight up ridiculous, that being said since your average space marine is about two and a half metres tall theirs nothing wrong with orks about as big, 3 meter tall nobs and 5 meter tall mega armoured warbosses.
>>
>>49331316
Quit being a faggot
>>
>>49331357
Kinda worried as some of the fantasy stuff I have is OOP as well. I don't know shit about AOS or wahtever bullshit GW is pulling now.

For 40k I hear spacemarines pretty much all have their own chapter book?
>>
File: octagon.jpg (45KB, 1019x685px) Image search: [Google]
octagon.jpg
45KB, 1019x685px
>>49331249
>New ten-meter orks

It's one of them. One.
>>
>>49331383
Orcs and Goblins are really still usable, there's free rules on the GW website.
>>
>>49331199
I'm still 18, beside all of your request help me for my portfolio,plus I don't want to mix money and Art, it won't be satsifying for me, I might be starting to pander to a certain community and I won't be doing the things I love, I would be doing a job and I'm too proud to beg for money.
>>49331318
Thank you for your support!, I'll try to finish the pencil base for the Wednesday 14
As always thank you prancing la la homo joke, I love you
>>
>>49331389

wait, they didn't add anymore when I wasn't looking, this faggots complaining about the beast? why? dudes the apex of orkish evolution, a war in heaven style ork. of course he's fucking huge, thats like complaining that the primarchs where huge
>>
>>49331277
You my friend are awesome. Thanks again, Toulouse is fantastic.
>>
>>49328247
which planet is the tau planet
>>
>>49331446
Thank you, I don't live in Toulouse though, I live near Paris, but in my art school, I'm not a perfect drawer, people around me are making comics and god-tier drawing, I'm the idea man, but I take lesson at the Louvre si that's nice
I'll stop blog posting, we are here to talk about WH40k
>>
>>49330606
Regarding "similarities", if Jumpers got Hammer of Wrath by default, rather than fiddling with "Move, or assault+HOW", then they would definitely be on more even footing with Bikers. Jink would be nice too (though I still feel the mechanic is a bit silly).

That said, for differences: Bikes must always remain on "Ground level"/require ramps to move up/down multi-level buildings. "Jetbike" would simply mean you hover a few feet above the ground/can hover above mud/vehicle wrecks/water/etc.

Jumpers/Jet infantry may ignore "vertical movement" costs when it comes time to scale fortifications/etc, and ignore intervening models when declaring an Assault. Optionally, they should have the option to "Jump" to models further away in the unit they're assaulting, rather than being forced to move "closest model to closest model", so they can do stuff like (for example) focus-assassinate the Commissar hidden at the back of a Guard Blob.

In either case, Bikes/Jumpers that move at Infantry Speed (6"-under) do not take Dangerous Terrain tests. It remains fair game for Assaults though.
>>
>>49331523
The one full of weeaboo faggots about to be exterminatus'd you shitweasel
>>
>>49330035
That thumbnail is the saddest pair of kids standing in the snow with hoodies.
>>
>>49328247

is it possible/likely that IG/Astra Militarum gets a book too?
>>
>>49331578
Ah, someone who would be happy to play xenos free 30k.
>>
>>49331583
Kek didn't see it like that
>>
>>49331626
I'd be happy to play a game of only the xenos races (including Chaos thereof) of 40k sans Tau. Fuck Tau.
>>
>>49331669
>Fuck Tau
See, it's exactly that kind of perverted furry attitude that lets WargameExclusive sell tits models.
>>
>>49331669
It's not a real game until we got a tau player.
>>
>>49331669

especially since the other xeno races are the only people who ever secure crushing victories on the tau

not the Pyrrhic shit the imperium has to put up with but a proper victory, like the necrons butchering a tau planet he accidentally saved while fighting tyranids when the brats dared to offer him a place in their "greater good" or when the naive tau met the dark eldar for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybq-eP0Uq8M

with hilarious results
>>
>Daemons can take daemon knights
Should I?
>>
>>49331523
The rock that's cut into a gem shape. Think it's Farsight, so he might kill every space marine he meets.
>>
>>49331789
>like the necrons butchering a tau planet he accidentally saved while fighting tyranids when the brats dared to offer him a place in their "greater good"
Which story is that?
>>
>>49328648
Done so, still nothing. Can access the Black Library Mega fine...
>>
File: FUCK YOU.jpg (320KB, 514x603px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.jpg
320KB, 514x603px
>>49331805

depends, do you hate fun?
>>
>>49331789
If you're talking about those tiny offhand fluff mentions, Imperium has them against Tau, too.

Like the one where the SPACE wolves use LAND raiders to launch an UNDERWATER assault on some aquatic Tau cities.
>>
>>49331389

Six, actually.
>>
>>49331823
same here
>>
>>49331389
>>49331881

One for each Ork Klan and the Beast?

Primarch orks.
>>
>>49331439

Know of any Primarchs literally the size of a house?

One of the Beast's liutenants had a twin linked looted russ battle cannon. As his shoota.
>>
>>49331821

sorry i mis-remembered, its actually pre-retcon necrons so it may not be canon anymore

the harvest of ka'mais, a bunch of tyranids invaded the tau sept of kaimais and kicked the tau's asses as part of the gorgon invasion, unfortunately for the tyranids it turned out that ka'mais's moon was actually a dormant necron tomb world which reactivated in response to the tyranid presence, when the necrons woke up they butchered the tyranids and landed on ka'mais so the tau sent an ethereal after them to thank them for their assistance,

first contact between the tau and the pre-retcon necrons went about as well as you could expect, theres a reason they call it a harvest
>>
>>49331911

I would like you to compare the arm of a regular Ork to a Russ's barrel.

Being PRIMARCHHUEG is fine, even a bit bigger because of the raw muscular brutality gimmick of Orks.

But there's that and being a fucking Imperial Knight sized Ork.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 800x704px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 800x704px
>>49331949

Forgotten pic.
>>
File: Model Painting With Bob Ross.jpg (15KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
Model Painting With Bob Ross.jpg
15KB, 236x236px
>>49331949

ok yeah, I see your point, a knight sized orks fine for being a literal once in a universe phenomena like the beast, but 6 of them diminishes the amount of weight the beasts presence had

>>49331895

>not Primorks

step up your game anon
>>
>>49332024
They're already called Prime Orks.
>>
>>49331895
Sure, but 10 meters is too big. There's no scale to that anymore. Ghazghull is fine, the beast being a fuckhuge one-off thing the size of two primarchs stacked on top of each other is still fine, I doubt anyone would mind a dreadnought-sized warboss.
But once you approach titan-size things are officially out of control.
>>
Is sisters are allowed to exist because their not men at arms why can male priests join them?
>>
>>49332024
In the same book the Imperial Fists are also wiped out to the last man despite being fine in the current fluff, so logic and impact probably weren't much of an consideration here.
>>
>>49332069
Priests aren't a standing military force.
>>
File: 0e9451136bd3e85deede048524f9d823.jpg (509KB, 1517x2048px) Image search: [Google]
0e9451136bd3e85deede048524f9d823.jpg
509KB, 1517x2048px
I'm trying to experiment without using Celestine because we have a campaign coming up. I like the idea of having a psyker assassination squad with the Condemnors, which is also kinda fluffy since mine are painted like pic related. Even if I don't go with Condemnors, a squad of combi is still nice for Sisters, like Plasma. If I shift points around, I could double up on combi as well, and have backup flamers to deter charges. Not sure if it's worth the 50 points, though. I'd have to drop the rets.

Anyway, here's the list. Thoughts?

+++ Sisters 1.5k (1500pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Canoness [Condemnor Boltgun, Eviscerator, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia]

Sororitas Command Squad
Celestian x4
Condemnor Boltgun and Bolt Pistol x4
Hospitaller
····Immolator [Dozer Blade, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad x5
Flamer, Heavy Flamer
····Immolator [Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Battle Sister Squad x5
Flamer, Heavy Flamer
····Immolator [Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

+ Fast Attack +

Dominion Squad x5
Meltagun x4
····Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad x5
Meltagun x4
····Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Seraphim Squad x10
Two Hand Flamers x2
····Seraphim Superior [Melta Bombs]

+ Heavy Support +

Exorcist [Storm Bolter]

Exorcist [Storm Bolter]

Retributor Squad [4x Retributor with Heavy Bolter]
····Retributor Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]
>>
>>49332093
>in 8 thousand years they can't replace a chapter using marines and geneseed from successor chapters
>>
>>49332069

You have to convert the shit out of things to get proper sister models in the first place, so why not convert some fempriests whilst you're at it?
>>
File: PossessedChaosSpaceMarines2.jpg (187KB, 883x545px) Image search: [Google]
PossessedChaosSpaceMarines2.jpg
187KB, 883x545px
>>49330429
Would be nice to see the obliterator virus/cults spread. It would help give CSM forces flavor that deviates more from their loyalist counterparts. A few ideas:

Create unique daemon-fueled weapons for Obliterators to form. They've already started giving CSM ectoplasma stuff. Go more in that direction. Bring back the Kai Gun and other more varied daemon weapons.

Allow vehicles access to these daemon-weapons and/or an obliterator-like upgrade. Could require daemonic possession first.

Add an option to possessed allowing them to take a lesser form of the virus to represent those early in their transformation. Maybe it replaces their mutation chart for another.

Add and option for Daemon Princes where they may purchase the obliterator virus, allowing them to form ranged weapons in the same or similar way to obliterators. Could also grant 2+ armour save. Make it so that it cannot be combined with wings.
>>
>>49332069
Because the Adeptus Sororitas is a military organization built on a loophole to which the Ecclesiarchy still must adhere to, while the priests are just some dudes from any one of the millions of sects found in the Imperium that have been judged worthy of being seconded to a unit in an advisory postion. They are very much not soldiers. Officially, at least, though most of them tend to have military training of some sort or have picked up shit along the way.
Same with stuff like the Redemptionist Crusades and other gatherings of zealots. They don't have any official sanction of the Ecclesiarchy and are their own thing, but if a bishop or a cardinal happens to mentionthat some place is in need of a good purging you can expect a whole bunch of surprisingly well-equipped and motivated nutcases to come knocking pretty soon.
>>
>>49332150
Well, the Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Salamanders also had trouble with that, despite only being down to very limited numbers instead of being wiped out.
>>
>>49328643
>stormsurge
>600p

Dude, tell him that's not very fair. Unless he wants to specifically test it (so you can test stuff as well), it's not ok.
>>
>>49331523
AFAIK, there's no Tau nearby the EoT.
>>
>>49330130
Orks with armor are 10 points; 11 with a Shoota.
>>
>>49332240
The way I represented it was that one non-Cult unit per Warpsmith gains Relentless with energy weapons. Also Obliterators and Mutilators are upgrades to normal Terminators, able to be mixed with the rest of the squad but not counting towards squad size for weapon upgrades.

Possessed are similarly an upgrade for normal units, bought as a unit upgrade and unleashed during assault, losing ranges weapons but becoming brutal in hand to hand.

In a previous iteration I had the Obliterator and Raptor Cults as non- theistic opposing Cults like Khorne/Slaanesh, Tzeentch/Nurgle.
>>
>>49332240
Some other personal thoughts:

- The Warpsmith should be 70 points base, with Daemonkin/Slow And Purposeful/Deep Strike Rules, but the Mechatendrils require you to buy a minimum of two Special Weapons. He basically should just up and be an "Obliterator HQ". What was particuarly irksome about the Cult of Destruction formation was just how short-ranged Empyronic Guidance Rituals is, while the Warpsmith is so slow/unable to DS.
-Back in 2nd ed, "Gets Hot" was a rule that was specifically for Chaos Plasma, which had the advantage of being able to fire every turn (rather than every other). I like the idea of Chaos Marines having "Gets Really Hot." Their Plasma weapons fire an "extra" shot beyond normal (so a Plasma Rifle fires 3 shots in rapid-fire range), but each 1 rolled counts as having rolled two 1s for purposes of Gets Hot (so two Armor Saves, two "4+" rolls needed to see if your vehicle loses a Hull Point, etc).

Other thoughts include:
-Chaos doesn't have good "long range" or Fast Elites, so they have difficulty doing basic redundancy. They don't get "Fast Troops" by default either. One option is: Let Chosen take 2 Heavy Weapons, so they act as pseudo-Sternguard even more (2 Reaper Autocannons, etc), or allowing them to take Bikes/Mark-appropriate Mounts as though they were Wolf Guard. Another option would be moving the Forge/Maulerfiends to Elites (it's not like they would have too much competition).
-The Defiler could use a minor price break, and in-built Power of the Machine Spirit. Alternately, up its price and make it a "light" version of a Super-Heavy Walker (Make it Unstoppable, but it rolls -2 on the Stomp table, or so).
-Raptors get Hit & Run.
-Cultists get Infiltrate, optional Meltabombs/Suicide Vests/Their Cult Champion can take 1 rank in Malefic Daemonology.
>>
>>49328957
>>49329003

To be quite honest I'm thinking about just taking a CAD and then the Terminator and/or Death Company formations. I'm not sure the Decurion bonus is even worth it if we're stuck with that shitty demi-company.
>>
Anyone else having issues accessing the rules repository?? I get stuck on decrypting files....
>>
File: 1473137107780.jpg (572KB, 1099x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1473137107780.jpg
572KB, 1099x1811px
How good are units like Possessed, Oblits?
>>
>>49332535

Obliterators got better with the Traitor's Hate formation.

Possessed are overcosted unless you run Crimson Slaughter ones. There is a new formation in Traitor's Hate where they get all of their mutations in close combat as long as they're within range of their escort Daemon Prince, but you still run hard into the fact that they just cost too much and die too easily.
>>
>>49332535

Possessed are horseshit unless you field them in the new formation, in which case they are merely mediocre

oblits are actually pretty good by the standards of the codex, if only their weapons weren't so short ranged, or if they didn't have to change them every turn, then they'd actually be good in general
>>
>>49332535
Possessed are pretty terrible overall, mostly because they're way too expensive for what they do, plus they're slow.

Obliterators are decent if you take the Mark of Nurgle on them. They're not a point-efficient unit (70+ points for a single Multimelta is not what one calls efficient), but they're flexible and let you "plug holes" in a game, so to speak. They're handy as a "troubleshooter" unit, although for pure weight of fire, Autocannon Havocs tend to matter more.
>>
>>49332399
Defilers- I had an idea that the chest cannon, instead of being a battle cannon, could be an indirect-fire cluster bomb tosser of sorts. Make it salvo and let the Defiler anchor to fire twice but be WS0 in CC (came up with that before Stormsurges actually).

Cultists- had a similar concept, except renamed Cultists 'Cultists and Slaves.' Slaves had bomb collars and a profile worth 2 ppm, cultists got weapons. Long as a Champion of Chaos was in the unit, either could be killed to stop the unit from failing Morale. Also can be sacrificed at Altar (fortification) to give bonuses to a unit with a Mark of Chaos.
>>
>>49332602
When the 3.5 Chaos Codex first came out, the Defiler's Battle Cannon was able to be upgraded for indirect fire anyway. The big problem is the Soulgrinder has made it mostly redundant as a unit and there's no real way to distinguish them from each other.

Personally, I would also like it if the other Chaos vehicles got more customization options (that is, "Merge" the Forgefiend/Maulerfiend into a single "Daemonforge Fiend", and let it do stuff like take dual Baleflamers if you really wanted to pay the points for that, or let the Heldrake take Ectoplasma cannons/replace its Meteoric Talons with Reaper Autocannons, etc.
>>
>>49332573
>>49332587
>>49332600
I see. I'm doing some CSM shopping as someone who's new to the hobby. Most of the purchases are made with the assumption that codex power will fluctuate eventually.
Looking at Oblits, Rhinos. Can't pick between a DP or a Lord/Terminator Lord. Thoughts?
Also getting Bikes and considering some Dinobots or something. Sorcerers, cultists ... I dunno. Lot of shit. Don't know how to run the army.
>>
>>49332355
Must not be an important campaign, then.
>>
>>49332602

Defilers need a facelift, the general shape of the vehicle is fine but GeeDubs really needs to revisit the kit, emphasise the fleshmetal side of the kit, change out the head and give it more options to bring it in line with the other daemon engines
>>
>>49332712
Nice meme
>>
>>49331249
>Tits can be too big.

Now that's the real heresy.
>>
trying this list against imperial guard tomorrow

1850 POINTS CSM (traitor's hate)

>SLAVES TO DARKNESS DETACHMENT

>CHAOS WARBAND
>lord of khorne with axe of blind fury, sigil of corruption, juggernaught
>5 marines, melta, rhino
>5 marines, melta, rhino
>5 predators, 2 meltas
>3 terminators, combiplasmas, power weapons
>hellbrute, power fist and multimelta

AUXILIARY
>4 spawns
>
TERMINATOR ANNIHILATION FORCE
>chaos sorcerer, 2 power levels, spell familiar, terminator armor with force weapon, burning brand of skhalatrax
>4 terminators, combimeltas, 1 chainaxe

>LORD OF WAR
>chaos renegade knight with chainsword, gatling and meltagun
what combiweapons and power weapons should I give to the terminators?
>>
Any suggestions for things to put inside a Chimera? I'd rather it not be empty in there.

I have a Cadian Command Squad I'm going to mix with a Scions Command box to make Carapace Armoured guys, so I have a bunch of bitz to play with.
>>
>>49332766
>5 predators
>>
File: 1468111575872.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468111575872.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
hey guys which race do i play if i wanna bel ike BOOM KABOOM KSCCCHHHHHH BRRRRRRRT CKCKCKCKCKCKCKCKCK vrOoooOOOOOOM vrOOM OOM pVFFFFFFFFFBBBTTTTT DUM DUM DUM DUM thanks
>>
>>49332698

Maulerfiends are cool, Chaos Spawn are cool, Bikes are always solid, I'd probably get a Daemon Prince and avoid Terminators, if you took a Chaos Lord you probably want him on a Bike or a Juggernaut. Rhinos are always useful and it doesn't look like they'll get any flying transports or drop pods any time soon.

Obliterators have always been decent to Very Good, so its worth a purchase. Someone mentioned autocannon Havocs and I can second those as well.

I would avoid buying Chaos Space Marines until they both make their rules better and put out a new plastic kit. They really show their age next to the newer models, same with the Cult models like Berzerkers.
>>
>>49332766

Combi-melta and power axes?
>>
>>49332734
>Imperium loses Eye of Terror
>40k Community blames Tau for diverting too many of the Imperium's assets.
>>
File: CpmHCV8WIAAVKkw.png (901KB, 798x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CpmHCV8WIAAVKkw.png
901KB, 798x1200px
>>49332807
Nids.
>>
>>49332848

The Tyranids and Orks are more of a diversion but those little blue shits aren't helping anyone at all by being opportunistic cunts while Chaos is about to run roughshod over most of the galaxy.
>>
>>49332862
Fuck you Guzma
>>
File: Dow_sm_icon.png (33KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Dow_sm_icon.png
33KB, 128x128px
Is there a race that shits explosive, gunpowder-scented fury with big robots all over the battlefield that isn't tau?
>>
>>49332933
I mean maybe the race that is literally all Robots, but that could just be me
>>
>>49332933
imperial knights
>>
File: kjhgghjff.jpg (81KB, 588x448px) Image search: [Google]
kjhgghjff.jpg
81KB, 588x448px
Alpha legion or IW?

Im a proficient enough painter to make either look fantastic
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473809535697.jpg (122KB, 1300x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473809535697.jpg
122KB, 1300x960px
We made it to 40,000 Likes on the Facebook page. They revealed a new piece of art from Warzone Fenris: Part 2.
(A... are the space wolves confirmed fucked?)
>>
>>49332953
don't knights cost a small fortune
and are also not friendly at low point levels at all
>>
>>49332787
sorry, raptors.
>>49332835
sure, thanks
>>
>>49332969
hopefully
>>
File: Ahriman.jpg (433KB, 1400x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman.jpg
433KB, 1400x1140px
>>49332969

Looks like it

furry fucks
>>
>>49332969
>Fenris destroyed
>Giant chunk containing The Fang is all that is left
>The Fang and The Rock then float together as the Space wolves and Dangles put aside their rivalry and fly to the eye of terror

Calling it now
>>
>>49332969
>>49333010
Tzeentch Daemonkin? Or just a campaign book w/ new formations/relics/warlord traits/whatever for Tzeentch-y marines?
>>
>>49332969
Are those Silver Towers or some kind of weird Tzeentch Drop Pod?
>>
>>49332969
space wolves are gonna pull some mary sue 'we can withstand living in this chaos taint, since we live with our furry aggressive lifestyle' shit.
>>
Could I run a SM army that had a shit ton of Noughts, Bikes and Cents and win?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-13-18-13-17.png (418KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-13-18-13-17.png
418KB, 1440x2560px
How's this for airborne assault? I figure if anything is gonna weather a storm turn 1 it's fist allies in a fort. I just wanna use valks and troopers and have it be good.

All Id even need to do is buy and paint valks.
>>
>>49332143
Celestians and anti psyker guns are not worth it.
With SoB just endure the psyker phase or get inquisitorial allies and spam cheap 10 point psyker around the board.

Also troop Inmolator is missing dozer blades.
>>
File: 1472061855834.jpg (461KB, 1000x1708px) Image search: [Google]
1472061855834.jpg
461KB, 1000x1708px
>>49333033
Please! I just want plastic Thousand Suns (and a Lord of Change, but I won't hold my breath)
>>
>>49332911
Don't worry, Tau will beat Chaos, too.
>>
>>49332969
I really hope it's a tzeentch and grey knights book, or separate books. I have both
>>
>>49333152
Theres literally a wolf head
>>
What's the best Chapter, in your opinion, and why ?
>>
>>49333162
yeah, but I hope tzeentch does some damage vs the wolves, and then Gk have to come help them clean shit up.
>>
>>49333194
I, CARO SICARIUS, CLAIM DOMINION OF THIS QUESTION FOR THE ULTRAMARINES 2ND COMPANY!
>>
>>49333085
Well they did kill Slaanesh. If they can make Space Marines and Imperial Guard run into land mines until they cover it with bodies, chaos is fucked.
>>
File: 1473807433411.jpg (627KB, 1500x2092px) Image search: [Google]
1473807433411.jpg
627KB, 1500x2092px
>>49333162
If you've been up to date on that battle in particular you'd know the Grey Knights and Dark Angels were already laying siege to Fenris, though it's possible the GKs got called away to stop Abbadon.
>>
>>49333194
Without the Imperial Guard, they wouldn't manage to ever do anything.
>>
>>49333162
>>49333203
Wolves may be like Raven Guard/White scars in the Tau campaign; There, but only new rules in one book.
>>
>>49333260
I mean if wolves got even MORE rules after getting wulfen recently I would be pretty mad.
>>
File: 1458595415969.jpg (25KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
1458595415969.jpg
25KB, 216x282px
>send a message to chinaman
>still silent after 4 months

i just want them forgeworld stuff
>>
>>49333304
same

esp. since i'm still salty that they stole MY FUCKING GAL VORBAK
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-13-20-13-38.png (143KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-13-20-13-38.png
143KB, 720x1280px
>>49333074

The "Celestians" in this case is the command squad, which are fine because all 5 have the option of, well every option, making them very versatile. They can all take combi, power weapons, special and heavy weapons. They can actually take a special AND a combi weapon by replacing both the bolt pistol and bolter. Instead of 5 anti-psyker weapons, I can give each a combi-plas and an actual flamer for 15pts/model. Replace the pistol with a combi, and the bolter with a flamer. Done.
>>
>>49329548
>tzeentch
>preferred enemy (everything)
Why?
>>
>>49330130
Sisters are 12 ppm
>>
>>49332973

I figure this way you get the melta for termicide, and power axe still hits harder than a power sword but doesn't cost you as much as a power fist? if you actually get into melee at all
>>
>>49332972
not friendly to field, but you could buy an 1750 point army for around $250 if you just got two of the Imperial Knight Renegade sets. 4 big robots.
>>
>>49333377
The main issue is that personally I have no idea what to do with them.

Wish people would bitch less about the Repressor. It is a wonderful box of shooting.
>>
>>49333386
when the god of fate is on your side you'll find that you tend to hit and wound more often
>>
>>49333477

Once it stops being Foegeworld, I'll probably use it.

As for the command squad, I honestly think that 4 combi-Plas , 4 flamer, and Hospitaliar is pretty solid now that I think about it. Run a canoness with a combi-plas, EW, rosarius, and Evicerator/Axe/Maul, and you have a solid little unit that can handle anything.
>>
>>49330202
Obliterators are incredible, other than those, look to forgeworld. Most of the 30k tanks are usable in 40k. Or you can just use the special force org stuff from 30k to run an Iron Warriors legion army in 40k
>>
>>49333583
Command squads are 5 girl max

Celestian squads can have 10 girls but do not have access to Hospitaliar.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-13-21-05-53.png (246KB, 720x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-13-21-05-53.png
246KB, 720x1202px
>>49333876

And? I'm talking about the command squad, not celestians.

Each model in the command squad can replace it's Bolt Pistol for a combi/PW, AND the Bolter for a Combi/PW/Special/Heavy.

Therefore, you can have all 5 in the command squad equipped with Combi-Plas and a Flamer.

It's 200 points even for CP+Flamer, Hospitaliar, and Immolator, which isn't bad. For another 20 points, you can upgrade the flamers to heavy flamers if you really wanted.
>>
>>49333874
I can't seem to figure out what to do with mine.
Do I field them and have them stay on the back, have them move thanks to SaP?
Or deep strike them as a surprise heavy weapons to someone's exposed rear.
>>
>>49330202
>>49333874
Obliterators are merely okay. They REALLY don't put out that much firepower for their points, but they're a bit more durable than havocs.

Havocs or tanks are better for raw firepower, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 680x510px
>>49334002
>As for the command squad, I honestly think that 4 combi-Plas , 4 flamer, and Hospitaliar

That looks like 9 models, hence why I mention the 5 max.

It did not occured to me to replace the Bolt Pistol for a Combi and the Bolter for a Flamer.
>>
I'm so tired of this fucking link not working
>>
>>49334029
I don't deep strike them, ever. For moving them, it depends on what you are up against. More of their gun options are usable at a shorter range and nurgle oblits are tanky enough to move and shoot.
>>49334063
I definitely agree with you, but really enjoy the flexibility that obliterators have. Unless you mean FW tanks, those kick way more ass
>>
File: CaptchaThat'sAMirror.jpg (76KB, 527x644px) Image search: [Google]
CaptchaThat'sAMirror.jpg
76KB, 527x644px
>>49334279
He saves Hyrule all the time but you don't give a shit. You're always just like, "Get a job, Link." "Deliver some cuccos, Link."

Well you know what?
Fuck you, Malon. I want a divorce.

Also, image related, Captcha being dumb again
>>
>>49333194
Soul Drinkers or Lamenters
>>
>>49332399
I love the idea of bringing back "Chaos plasma". That is to say, the idea of weapons that are high power with potentially devastating risks. I remember once in 2nd Edition my Chaos Dreadnought's plasma cannon blew the fucker to bits, but took out a few of my opponent's guys with him. Good times.

Chosen used to be a lot like that. You'd kit them out and could split them away to join units.

Also: Raptors originally had Hit & Run. It boggled my mind when they took it away.

Also also: Defilers used to have access to an upgrade to make them indirect fire.

Chaos has a long history of flavor being taken from them and then later injected into loyalist armies. Never understood that.
>>
>>49334428

>Also also: Defilers used to have access to an upgrade to make them indirect fire.

Why wouldn't they be indirect fire?

Was that not one of the reasons Abaddon had them built in the first place?
>>
At what points level is taking an Imperial Knight not cheesy?
>>
>>49334458
1200pts +, IMO.
>>
>>49334496
how about 2 Imperial Knights?
>>
>>49334458

>>49334531
3500+
>>
>>49334107

Yea, sorry. More of a recent revelation. Probably could've worded it better.

To 100% get rid of any lingering confusion, the squad looks like:

Sororitas Command Squad - 200pts
Celestian [Combi-Plas, Flamer]
Hospitaliar
Immolator [TLMM, Dozer Blades]
>>
>>49334496
>>49334548
Ok, I'll just go with an average of these two. So I'll start taking my knight at 1500 and 1850 games.
>>
>>49334952
I would refuse to fight a superheavy under 2000 points
>>
Ways to get an optimised stealth cadre within 9" of an IG tankline?

Having trouble getting the guys up the board, and can't count on them deep striking in at the same time.
>>
>>49335136
Russes are rear AV10-11, you don't need to get that close.
>>
>>49335005
Good thing I'm not playing you then!
>>
>>49335471
you might be
>>
What's the most elite, low model army that still wins games
>>
>>49335516
where do you live then
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.