[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 50

File: 20160911_233344.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160911_233344.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
The absolute madman edition.

Tall about legacy and post your most recent regrettable card purchases. I'm on my phone, someone else please post the OP resources.
>>
I really want to pursue a UG Stasis list involving Root Maze.
>>
>>49306199
Just can't get your head out of the bayou, huh?
>>
>>49306199
sounds fun I like stasis
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455404519025.jpg (24KB, 699x600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455404519025.jpg
24KB, 699x600px
>>49306237
>just can't get your head out of the Bayou
I feel bad for laughing at that.

OP resources inbound in 20-30 minutes.
>>
Having tested Stax and Pox for a few weeks, I'd like to touch upon Burn. I've gotten the impression that Burn in Legacy isn't as braindead as in modern (play creatures, play sorceries, play instants, enter topdeck mode). Would a burn list with a splash of black for Thoughtseize work well in a combo meta? Will they just Brainstorm themselves back quicker than I can find another damage source?
>>
RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/
>>
Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Sea Stompy
>Spanish Inquisition
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
>>49306785
If I splashed black in burn, I wouldn't be adding Thoughtseize, I would add Dark Confidant.
>>
>>49306942
What about Bump In The Night
>>
>>49306785
Burn's manabase is almost 100% solid red across the board. The quickest way to beat combo is to not play a controlling game. You HAVE to race them. The instant you start in on a Thoughtseize/Cabal Therapy/discard plan, you're diluting your own deck while marginally hurting theirs, not to mention the possibility of hindering your manabase. And yes, control beats combo, but burn is not a control deck and in my opinion should never be played as such. You can always add Lotus Petals to the side to squeeze in extra damage between turns and phases if you really wanted.
>>
>>49306942
One of our local modern burn players always forces it in legacy cube, it's kinda wonky.
I'm not convinced that being weak to waste and not playing pop (that or having a really inconsistent manabase) makes it a valid choice to splash back ~~
>>
>>49307026
Tyrant's Choice seems better, since Burn sometimes runs Flame Rift
>>
Ok, so maybe splashing black in burn isn't where I want to be at.

Another thing I was wondering: Goblin Guide or Monastery Swiftspear? I have the playset of monks, and don't want to get shilled on goblins. Is the downside on goblins relevant? Would I feel bad for playing bolts on my turn just to pump my monk, rather than my opponent's end step?
And if one is running the Goblin Guides... why not goblin grenade?
>>
>>49307200
Not enough goblins to support goblin guide. And I think i'd run guide and swiftspear l.
>>
>>49307200
What would you cut to run the Grenades? Also the "downside" of Guide is also an upside at times.
>>
>>49307200
Both Swiftspear and Guide are strong in different ways. Goblin Guide is a 2/2 for R with Haste, which is a really fast clock in both Legacy and Modern. Swiftspear gets out of control very fast, especially if she sticks and you've been playing Draw-Go for the past several turns.

As far as Bolting on your turn, it depends on the deck you're playing against. If someone goes T1 Glistener Elf, you best Bolt that shit, especially in Legacy. You won't want Goblin Grenade because it's too situational and better in an actual Goblins deck; that is, you won't always have a Guide to pop. You should also take a look at this article, I always recommend it for Burn players.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/27944_Burn-vs-Counters.html
>>
File: WP_20160912_001.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160912_001.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>>49306021
Lourishing Nich Dorld Womination Tour 2k16 inbound
>>
>>49307823
Fuck it, this is now my next deck. I don't give a good god damn. It's going to happen.
>>
>>49307910
Seems like I'm not the only one giving into the temptation
>>
>>49308104
...yet
>>49307910
Best part is you can turn it into a good storm deck once you are filled with regret.
>>
>>49308434
I've heard a deep sense of regret adds to your storm count.

Too bad I'm saving up for an Underground Sea and/or a playset of Japanese Aether Vials (probably better to prioritize the Usea), or I would complete this deck faster.
>>
>>49308509
What are you building that needs Vials?
DnT?
>>
File: WP_20160912_003.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160912_003.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>49308553
Modern Merfolk
>>
>>49308608
>not trying to port Legacy Goblins over to Modern
What are you even doing?
>>
>>49308634
>porting Legacy Goblins over to Modern
You might as well play Standard at that point, dude
>>
>>49308634
>no RIngleader, Matron, Lackey, Warchief
>no mana denial in the form of Wasteland+Port

Why bother...
>>
I did it last year, and it was __okay
>>
>>49308608
Are you Fapanese?

I'm also building, just ordered a bunch of stuff last week.

Can you tell me what you're hoping to kill with Tec Edge and why the Wanderwine Hubs are in there? Just for Choke? Also how do you feel about playing less Harbingers (I have 3 maindeck in my list) and how good is Tidebinder Mage in the mainboard.[/spoiler]

Forgot my fucking name again.
>>
>>49308741
>>49308764
More like weebanese. I like the overall aesthetic it adds to the deck. My Modern dredge deck also is around 50% JP, while my legacy reanimator is probably close to 70-75% JP.

The one of mainboard Tec Edge is to open up SB slots, and further pressure opponent's mana development. It's in there solely for testing purposes now though, not sure how good it is in reality.

Wanderwine Hubs are for Choke and Boil effects, I kinda want to add Minamo/Oboro as well, but haven't had the chance to acquire those.

Tidebinder main is just a meta call, as well as the additional Harbinger. People often add another Kira and Master of the Waves/Merrow Reejerey, but the deck is flexible like that.
>>
>>49308948
To further explain myself: I don't normally play 8Seas, but I'm testing it after finding a bunch of Russian BB 9th edition Sea's Claim, and so far I like how they improve combat for me, as well as hamper my opponent's mana development, but I have to admit they don't always feel great.
>>
>>49308948
>I kinda want to add Minamo/Oboro
I fucking hope it's good since I just spent $18 on a Minamo. Already had the Oboro.
>>49308988
Yeah I was wondering about the black Sea's Claims. The 8Seas list seems absolutely sick for color denial and I don't see how it could be bad with the 8 walker lords.

Too bad Legacy Merfolk blows now.
>>
>>49308996
They're great in the mirror (don't enable Islandwalk for your oppo) and you're not susceptible to Blood Moons anyways.

>>49309010
I guess it's due to Miracles being so prevalent right now, and Merfolk not really being able to exploit the gap it creates in the meta. Maybe Standstill Merfolk is due for a revival, but I can't really see Merfolk making a grand comeback soon.
>>
>>49309069
I think Deathrite is just such a huge blow by making a versatile mana dork and blocker. It really ruins the mana denial plan.
>>
>>49309116
3 Firestorm in my sideboard solely for the Delver decks and DRS. I take no chances at all.
>>
>>49309116
>>DRS was a mistake
or, The Littlest Planeswalker.

What were they even thinking? But I don't really agree that DRS is what makes Merfolk fall of the grid, since the mana denial plan isn't as prominent for the Deep Blue Band, than it is for Goblins.

>>49309173
Pithing Needle is my MVP
>>
>>49309173
I run 4. Great against Delver, Elves, Gobbos, Infect.
>>49309207
>DRS was a mistake
Seriously fuck that guy. I couldn't even believe it when I read the card.
>>
>>49309207
Hey buddy. I own UB Reanimator too (haven't played it since before Griselbrand was printed). What build do you run as far as colors and reanimation targets? Do you run Karakas? Urborg?
>>
>>49309116
>>49309207
>>49309245
I just wish it was a 1/1 or a 0/1 to bring it slightly in line. As it stands it doesn't die to Engineered Plague on Elf and chumps YP tokens forever among other things.
>>
>>49309462
I'm pretty straight UB, no green splash despite it being pretty common today (I don't own Bayous or Tropical Islands, so that's also a big reason not to). This means no Abrupt Decays to deal with hate, so I go over it with Show and Tells from the side.

My Reanimation targets are mostly Griselbrand (3), Iona, Elesh Norn, Grave Titan and Tidespout Tyrant, although I mix it up sometimes. If I expect a lot of Miracles for instance, I throw in an Inkwell Leviathan as an extra non-Legendary threat. I think Griselbrand and Elesh Norn are the only ones I never take out of the main.

Karakas isn't really worth the inclusion imo, and Urborg fixes other peoples mana better than it does ours, since UB is pretty easy to support.
>>
>>49309519
True. Incredibly important for Dredge is the fact that it doesn't die to Darkblast, which is just insane to me. The card is broken beyond belief.

>>49309592
>no green splash despite it being pretty common today (I don't own Bayous or Tropical Islands
I own one of each. What do they splash G for? DRS?

Why the fuck do people play Grave Titan?
>>
File: Momotaros_Paper.gif (425KB, 180x160px) Image search: [Google]
Momotaros_Paper.gif
425KB, 180x160px
>Shoals are 12 quid per

Seriously?

What the fuck man, it never saw play EVER.
>>
Yeah but guys, Deathrite dies to spot removal
>>
>>49309660
upkeep darkblast, dredge 3, darkblast
If they don't have a B up, that is
>>
>>49309706

Modern
>>
>>49309660
Grave Titan is our fastest clock (10 power on the board is a two-turn kill), gets around Karakas, Innocent Blood, LotV, etc... I've won games with him where any other target wouldn't have gotten me the game. I've grown rather fond of this cadaverous bloke.

The G is almost solely for Abrupt Decay from the side (sometimes people play other stuff as well, such as Golgari Charm. Additionaly, it's an extra color to stick into Engineered Explosives)
>>
File: 88a.png (9KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
88a.png
9KB, 215x215px
>>49309706
They know. The Jew fears the Lich.
>>49309725
Yeah. That's awful though, especially if the second one gets fucking Daze'd.
>>49309794
That's pretty neat. The idea of AD in the side is pretty sick.
>>
>>49309734
I'm presuming this is to offset multiple Griselbrand uses?
>>
>>49309828
AD is mostly a crutch though okay, maybe not really, it's a great card, but I like the mana consistency UB provides and that it forces you to become better at playing around certain hate cards, such as Surgical Extraction for instance. AD also forces you to run Echoing Truth as well to combat Leyline, which really clogs up the sideboard.
>>
>>49309930
Yeah I could see how Chain of Vapor might just be better hands down.
>>
>>49309828
>especially if the second one gets Dazed
Once played a game with 3 cantrips and a Dredger in hand. Turn 1, cantrip got Dazed. Turn 2 cantrip got hit by FoW. Turn 3 went fine, but by the time I was Dredging I was at 3 and he had flipped Delver and gotten 2 triggers off Pyromancer. I've learned not to underestimate Daze.
>>
>>49309961
I dislike Chain because you have an inclination to land one big permanent, and giving your opponent a free chance to bounce it just seems bad. It's not the same as with Dredge where you go wide, or Storm where your way of winning is through nonpermanents.
>>
Combustible gearhulk in mono red stompy?
Contraband Kingpin in vintage?
>>
File: 1472336519756.png (183KB, 288x309px) Image search: [Google]
1472336519756.png
183KB, 288x309px
Can anyone post the lich list?
>>
Just came back after a long time and holy shit what is with these prices

How have prices gotten even higher on almost everything
>>
>>49310375
the reserved list exists and people bought out shit
it's really really bad right now
>>
>>49309907

Yeah, you chuck Worldspine Wurm for 11 life or Borkbork the Angry for 8, draw your deck, swing with hasty fatties with Goryo's or Enter the Breach
>>
>>49310263
>that pic
Only for the purpose of World Peace.

4 Lotus Petal
2 Zuran Orb

4 Authochthon Wurm

4 Nefarious Lich
2 Lich

4 Brainstorm
3 Cabal Ritual
4 Dark Ritual
4 Nourishing Shoal
2 Lim-Dul's Vault
1 Summoner's Pact

4 Thoughtseize
4 Ponder
2 Grapeshot

4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Polluted Delta
3 Swamp
2 Underground Sea
1 Badlands
1 Bayou
1 Island

Some amount of grave hate, Abrupt Decay, Flusterstorm, and Pithing Needle in the side.
>>
>>49310393
it sure would be nice if wotc actually cared about letting people play the game
>>
>>49310444
you're crazy kid
thanks a lot
>>
Anyone want to help me make a mill deck out of all my black and blue discard/mill cards.

I made a list of everything I thought was relevant that I own

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/magic-flush/
>>
>>49311031
>Mill
You're better off attacking their hand if you ask me. Go for something like:

Creatures
4 Hippie
4 Asylum Visitor

Enchantment
4 Waste Not
4 Bottomless Pit
4 Necrogen Mists

Instant/Sorcery
4 Dark Ritual
4 Hymn
4 Therapy

Maybe even Mindslicer, which you can sac to flashback Therapies.

If you really wanna mill, start with Mindbreak Trap and Glimpse the Unthinkable, you'll probably want some countermagic as well. Use Ghost Quarters to force shuffles to trigger Mindbreak Trap. You can use your own fetches with Hedron Crab of you can go creatureless and blank your opponents removal. Run some number of Tormod's Crypt/Relic/Surgical/Leyline of the Void so you can exile GY. Many decks use the Gy as a resource and milling will help them too much, and any deck running emrakul will give you trouble without instant speed exile. If you chose to maindeck Leyline you can run Helm combo as an alternate finisher.
>>
>>49309519
Can't have it die to Gutshot you silly Billy. How else will it hose snapcaster?
>>
>>49311300
I definitely want to pressure the hand for effects, but also revolve the rest of the deck either around surgical exiles, general mills and creatures into mill with mindcrank if its worth it. Im going to play around. Glimpse the unthinkable is just too expensive for me to get 4 of
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 421x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 421x603px
One question Legacy general.

How did the new Selvala get to ten bucks?, I pulled one and I thought it was good in EDH but nowhere near this price.

What's going on with Leovold too?, Are these cards seeing Legacy play?

Also, Are Sanctum Prelate and Recluiter as good as expected? Has D&T gotten better?, because I love the deck.
>>
>>49312449
New card hype
Leovold is cutthroat commander
Prelate and Recruiter are legit, dnt stronk
>>
>>49312533
>New card hype
But is it actually played in any deck in particular?
>>
>>49312692

Omnath, Wandrer, Xenagod, Mayael, Sissy and Ghave

Any deck that makes Big Guys wants her
>>
File: 1473696039523.png (200KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1473696039523.png
200KB, 265x370px
What do you guys think of this whole "Expeditions in every set" thing Wizard's is doing now? Is it good for legacy, or pointless? Will it take away the chance for meaningful reprints because they'll be used up as "expeditions" in other sets?
>>
File: 1456669661072.png (18KB, 499x555px) Image search: [Google]
1456669661072.png
18KB, 499x555px
Why death & taxes doesn't run mana tribute?
>>
>>49312880
correcting myself, the card called mana tithe
>>
>>49312877
I don't think it will affect legacy. You'll see one of these ghost rares at a rate of 1:144 boosters. There won't be enough opened to significantly affect legacy prices.
>>
File: 7.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>49312900

Probably because your own Thalia makes it cost W(1) instead of just W.

What I want to know is, why doesn't Death and Taxes run Dust Drinker?
>>
>>49312877
>meaningful reprints
It depends on what you mean by meaningful. This has literally never happened in the way some people talk about them i.e. printing old sets or a large print run set of old good cards a la Yugioh. They're fairly selective of the cards they print and their availability, so it's safe to say that it will never be significantly cheaper to play Legacy than it is now, but the costs might not rise AS much for reprinted cards.

I wish Masterpiece cards weren't foil.
>>
>>49312877
The more eyes on the "promos" the better. I'll just be over here picking up original printings.
>>
>>49312943
probably because rishadan port does what he does 90% of the time and doesn't invalidate a nonviable start. Also 4 drop.
>>
File: formats2.jpg (78KB, 313x1320px) Image search: [Google]
formats2.jpg
78KB, 313x1320px
>>49312940
>to affect Legacy prices
Why won't Wizards just fucking admit that the Reserved List was a mistake? Give me some dual lands you Jew fucks. I don't want to play Standard, I want to play high-powered ballistic formats.

Pic related. Fuck I'm so mad right now.
>>
>>49313120
how about pauper
without banlist
>>
>>49313120
>Give me some dual lands you Jew fucks
A stereotypical Jew wouldn't honor their promise.

At the same time, it's been 20 years since the List was created. I think it's far outlived it's promise, and the health of the game dictates that they would support growth in older formats as well as selling new product.

You can count on the fact that it will never happen while MaRo works for Wizards.
>>
>>49313353
Wouldn't that be just mono red goblin grenade decks?
>>
File: 1466619355128.jpg (19KB, 364x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466619355128.jpg
19KB, 364x360px
>>49313353
>mfw Goblin Grenade
>>
>>49313120
>>49313392
Why can't they just ban the original dual lands?
>>
>>49313409
Because fuck your poorfag.
>>
>>49313409
Because muh collector outrage and muh alienated playerbase
>>
>>49313120

Because Wizards cares more about the collectors than the competitive scene. The competitive base of players compared to the FNM players is absolutely miniscule. Compare the FNM players to the casual kitchen table players, again absolutely miniscule. So to wizards, the normal competitive player doesn't really spend money on product (which is a complete bold faced lie, I'm mainly doing Legacy, Modern and EDH, and I still play draft and standard if I can snipe a fun standard deck and still by commander pre-cons if they're worth a damn, legacy players don't just masturbate in a bubble), so wizards doesn't aim for them. That leaves two audiences, the casual and the collector. The collector is more willing to buy cases to flip on the secondary market, and the casual could give a damn about card value.

Wizards speculates the collectors will pull out (which economically wont happen. Even if wizards reprinted the duals in the 4c commander decks, collectors and shops would still be able to flip the blue duals for $30 or so each which would still be profit on them. They could easily sell 10 underground seas for every ABUR and make the same money. ABUR duals don't really move, so the $300 is sitting on the shelf), so they ignore Legacy exists.

Let's be real here, Wizards wants Legacy, Vintage and Pauper to be online only formats. They know MTGO would be fucking done if the eternal formats were viable in paper
>>
>>49313395
>>49313405
and High Tide/Sacland Storm/Plated Affinity/Infect/Some kind of low level delver with Dazes and Disrupt which is best card and should be played more
>>
File: 1466458333360.jpg (202KB, 522x697px) Image search: [Google]
1466458333360.jpg
202KB, 522x697px
>>49313460
Follow me a second

If they don't reprint but only ban them the collecting value remains the same, after all collectors are only interested in the artistic value and the rarity of the item, right?

And I would be glad to get rid of all this multi-color nonsense.
>>
>force reprinted
>wasteland reprinted
>price of originals stays relatively constant
>cards like alpha dark ritual retain good value
>somehow reprinting duals with affect collectors
fuck you wizards
>>
>>49313409
I honestly don't think they should ban dual lands, and if they do reprint them, they should be in a limited print run thing, or I would also like functional Duals. Like a legendary land dual land. It's not just the collectors that would be pissed (fuck them they are ass holes most of the time), I personally would be pissed knowing that I bought 1000 buckaroos worth of cardboard only for it to be invalidated a while later
>>
>>49313519

Nah, because the high price of duals is based entirely around their competitive value, otherwise Badlands or Scrublands would be as expensive as the others. So banning all reserved list cards would just piss off the collectors more than reprinting them
>>
>>49313499
>legacy players don't just masturbate in a bubble
Speak for yourself.

>MTGO would be fucking done if the eternal formats were viable in paper
This is an interesting argument.

>>49313562
There's no doubt that a a significant part of the value of dual lands are their utility coupled with limited supply.
>>
>>49313392

Hell, didn't Maro put MORE cards on the reserve list than there were before? Like, Tempest all the way up to Urza's Saga.
>>
>>49311031
I can only imagine Mill being strictly better in Modern than in Legacy... The only viable legacy mill deck I can think off is high tide, and even that is just a worse Storm deck
>>
>>49312877
The general consensus is that the average pack value can only be higher than the MSRP by so much. When wizards added expeditions in BFZ and OGW, it came at the literal expense of the value of the other cards, which were absolutely awful. Granted, it's a good thing that Standard becomes a cheaper format, because holy shit 4colorgoodstuff Standard was the most digusting Standard since cawblade.
TL;DR: We just don't know
>>
>>49313856

>OGW

Dunno man, the Eldrazi have something to say about that
>>
>>49313735
Tempest was taken off the Reserved List before Rosewater became lead designer.

The only expansion of the Reserved List was when they said they couldn't print RL cards in foil.
>>
>>49312877
Like always, it depends. If they consistently reprint modern and eternal staples they'll somewhat cheapen albeit the ghost rares will be more expensive than the originals. Still, I like them for what they are, fancy versions of their originals.
>>
>>49313643
I know but collectors don't care about that do they? As far as I understood in what way the reserved list is legally binding it's just all about their "historic" value.
>>
File: i regret nothing.jpg (28KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
i regret nothing.jpg
28KB, 540x489px
Friendly reminder that China is the savior of eternal formats.
>>
>>49314001
This, honestly.

If the big vendors that essentially dictate prices don't allow them into their own circulation, Chinese fakes sold on an individual basis could in theory surreptitiously increase availability of the cards without hurting their overall value.

I know this isn't true and that assholes are selling fakes on Ebay, but a man can dream.
>>
>>49306811
STILL NO OMNITELL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49314507
I sincerely hope they are doing that on purpose
>>
File: moot receiving donations.gif (476KB, 438x325px) Image search: [Google]
moot receiving donations.gif
476KB, 438x325px
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/masterpiece-series-kaladesh-inventions-2016-09-12
>>
>>49314568

I want that Scroll Rack so bad but I'll never be able to afford it. ;_;
>>
>>49314672
I think these will be cheaper than the Expeditions. The only card here with comparable demand to the fetches or shocks is maybe Sol Ring. Look at the prices on Expeditions filter lands; I think that's a reasonable estimate for the cards here that aren't too crazy (Mana Crypt, Crucible,...).
>>
>>49313649
The connection between MTGO and legacy is interesting. Currently the only legacy league has 300 players, the two modern leagues with 800-900 each. Legacy players tend to not use MTGO.

Personally, I've bought in 3 times and sold out within a month each time. The program sucks, and it's not nearly as fun as paper magic. They can't sell the "pro tour dream" bullshit to me, so this idea of playing endless games of magic to improve my play doesn't appeal to me
>>
>>49314817

The biggest problem is that MTGO is completely outclassed by free alternatives.
>>
>>49314850
I think it costing $1000 to use a bad client is one of the programs many flaws. They aren't putting conspiracy cards on MTGO until November. You still get paid out in worthless funbux.
>>
>>49314817
I tried MTGO just recently in Pauper for cost. It's not nearly as fun as paper. For some reason the ritual of the physical medium is what is attractive as opposed to the game itself. I don't know why.
>>
>>49315493
I figure going to the store to hang with friends is more fun than playing a video game
>>
>>49315552
But that is not a possibility for everyone, wizards should get their shit together and make a proper video game, after all heartstone showed people have no problem spending hundreds if not thousands on virtual cards that can't even be traded or sold back.
>>
>>49315552
That might be it. There's something to be said about building a deck of cardboard, testing, sleeving, shuffling, and so on. The interaction with people is probably fun too. Honestly it's as if MTGO should be a non-competitive testing aid as opposed to a profit avenue for Wizards, but I'm obviously biased.
>>
>>49315601
Part of the problem there is consumer expectations. Hearthstone was a blank slate, MTGO is a paradigm change for existing customers.
>>
>>49315656
I keep a deck next to me at my computer to shuffle at all times. Cardboard is a lot of fun.

Right now, I'd play mtgo if it was a monthly fee for access to all cards. Maintaining a collection of digital cardboard just seems asinine to me.
>>
>>49314806
Mana Crypt's already going for 200e preorders on MCM and I don't see why not, EMA is still 30-50 and these are what 5-6 times more rare than mythics?
>>
>>49315764
And EMA foils are 90+ forgot to add.
>>
File: Mona Lich.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Mona Lich.png
124KB, 223x311px
Hey Guys,

Just came back from draft today, and had a curious thought. Are all the "Monarch" card legal in Legacy?
Would you be even in your right mind to play any?

Just curious.
>>
>>49315816
DNT will probably at least test some of the monarch bears at least, that deck needs all the extra draw it can get and that's probably it.
>>
>>49315753
It's really hard to reconcile card cost due to scarcity when there's quite literally no greater overhead for Wizards online.

>>49315764
Watch this be one of the most opened sets ever.
>>
>>49315816
they are
it depends, Palace Jailer seems like your best bet, and he requires a specific shell. High throne in lands could also work. Lich seems more on the "eh" side
>>
>>49315656
I pretty much use mtgo as a testing platform. I made a one time payment to sign up and buy my deck, and now I only rarely spend money on it, to enter the occasional tournament. I fiND the level of competition and sportsmanship to be far higher on mtgo, and that makes it worthwhile as a testing platform since my playgroup is not legacy focused (they're coming around slowly)
>>
How does monarch work in legacy?
How does it work in general? Is it always active once someone has the highest life total?
>>
>>49315899
you become monarch through a card
monarch draws a card a end step
if creature damages you in combat it owner becomes the monarch
then you can do the same
>>
>>49315899

Monarch, from what I remember, means you draw a card at the beginning of your end step. If a creature damages you, that creature's controller becomes the monarch. Someone correct me if I got it wrong.
>>
>>49315857
My group is exclusively Legacy players. I can't speak to the level of competition, but I've certainly had more fun playing with friends. You just need to get everyone up to a certain level of comfort with the format.
>>
>>49315996
I have more fun playing with friends too, but we get together about once a week, and we only have a couple real legacy decks between the 5 of us. MTGO lets me play whenever, at a relatively high level.
>>
>>49306199
That is a very viable deck. Super nasty and quite effective. Also cheap to build if you do it right.
>>
>>49307200
Swiftspear ALL the way.
>>
>>49313887
Okay, then were are reprints of Scroll Rack, Cursed Scroll, and Intuition?

And for casuals, Earthcraft and Aluren?
>>
>>49313120
You want dual lands? Then fucking either buy them or trade for them. It's not hard. Buying or trading is how I have acquired all of my cards, and you don't see me bitching....
>>
>>49313409
Why *would* they ban ABUR duals? What would be the point? I can't remember the last time I lost to someone playing a dual land, or had a significant advantage from playing one myself....
>>
>>49316421
>or had a significant advantage from playing one myself....

Are you joking?

You can't play legacy without them if your deck has 2 or more colors.
>>
>>49316490
Still, "I can't have them so no one can" is pisspoor reasoning for banning a card
>>
>>49316490

Well, technically you can, you just have a more sub-optimal build. There's nothing saying you can't play something like Reanimator with some other B/U lands instead of Underground Rivers.
>>
File: 1473723570303-216016251.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1473723570303-216016251.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Rate my dinner
>>
>>49310444
You should be playing Tendrils instead of grapeshot. I've done a few test hands and grapeshot almost never gets there. Lab maniac and tendrils almost always get there sans the random can't win scenarios.
>>
>>49316681
I tried tendrils and killed myself with it a lot. Lab man helps but it needs to live. I've never had an issue with grapes hot not getting there.
>>
>>49316740
You draw cards with it, I'm retarded. Disregard, me, I suck cocks. Though, brain freeze has a lower requirement I believe.
>>
>>49316490
My Burn deck, My High Tide Deck, my Pox Deck and my Death & Taxes Deck all wreck face and none of them run duals. All mono colored.

My Stax deck is probably the best Legacy deck I have (in terms of being well rounded and being able to play against pretty much anything). Zero duals in that one either.....
>>
>>49316658
>new game
Genenerally hate moe but I like it quite a bit.
As for the sushi? I fucking hate it so 0/10 for me
>>
>>49316859
Brain freeze has the problem of not winning vs any deck with emrakul. Which admittedly isn't that many decks, but I find that double grapeshotting people usually works just fine.
>>
>>49316951
>if your deck has 2 or more colors
what the fuck is your point?
>>
>>49316972
Could Sickening Dreams work, or do you not have enough cards in hand usually? It's more easy to counter through, but can protect you vs aggro, since you discard first, and exile later.
I have never seen the deck in action so I can be totally wrong here through.
>>
>>49316971
I'm the worst kind of moe fag. but I'm pretty picky about my sushi. also I'm a lightweight and drank gin too fast and now I'm tupsy so it's time to brew
>>
>>49317043
sickening dreams hits you too
>>
>>49316972
also for whatever reason I want to see if lich with cadaverous bloom could be viable, is there a way to gain ton of uncounterable life?
>>
>>49317119
yeah, but you exile cards from gy with lich on table, so what you discard goes to exile instead of dreams damage, no?
>>
Why not Lightning Storm in Lich?
>>
>>49317170
grapeshot is harder to counter I'd guess
>>
>>49317180
LS doesn't fold to flusterstorm i guess
>>
Disregarding the discussion about Lich (sweet deck, I want to build it some day) and irrelevant blabber about duals being unfair (don't want to take the step into the format? Don't do it, simple)...

What are peoples thoughts on hamburgers and TES. What is a proper burger to you and how do you feel about the deck?
>>
>>49317184
What do you mean?
>>
>>49317184
i dunno, the winning turn had seen it share of cards cast, unless you want to cast it in their upkeep which can or can not be a good move (untapped mana), depending on the opps hand state. It's mana cost is also harder to achieve in the deck. Seems to me like a weaker option, I might be wrong through
>>
>>49317227
>burgers
medium rare, pepper jack cheese
>TES
seems sweet, but every time I try to goldfish it the hands feel like they do literal nothing
>>
>>49317281
God tier burger then? Still medium rare and pepperjack?

Are you certain you mulliganed and can tripped correctly or did you simply die to variance?
>>
>>49317227
tes has a cool name, but i prefer the cheaper, less competitive all - in sacland version of storm, both got screwed by sanctum prelate, can you fight it?
I like my burgers with lots of meat, medium rare, and not overflowing with veggies. Good bun is also important. Adding bacon makes them even better.
let's not disregard the lich please
>>
>>49317146
Until you don't have enough to take the damage and you lose.
>>49317170
I hadn't thought of lightning storm (and I play ad naus in modern so kind of embarassing) but I can forsee situations where you don't have enough lands since there's not that many in the deck. if you opponent is at 20, you need 9 lands. If you hardcast lich, then there are only 3 lands to spare, and you could potentially lose to an opponent who sandbagged lands. I still think grapehsot is better also this.>>49317184

>>49317248
I usuallyy kill with double grapeshot anyway, so the double red isn't n issue.

>>49317227
Tes seems more fun than ANT to me and burgers should be a little pink on the inside. Also if yoy're ever in Worcester MA there;s a good bruger place that has this burger with foie gras and bacon and raspberry champagne barbecue sauce andd an egg and other shit on it it was wild
>>
>>49317359
I totally misunderstood you
>>49317146

blame the gin. I'll have to test sicking dreams. It only works with Nefarious Lich thouggh, but that might be ok
>>
File: Shitbrews.jpg (913KB, 4250x2390px) Image search: [Google]
Shitbrews.jpg
913KB, 4250x2390px
I'm telling myself it wasn't a waste because I needed Liches and Zuran Orb anyway for the Selenia, Dark Angel EDH I was making.
>>
>>49317359
dreams make you discard to deal damage
first you discard
then damage is dealt
you exile discarded cards
am I missing something? storm is easier to achieve than 21 cards in hand, but it would still deal 20 dmg to everyone except lich player who just exiles all discarded cards
>>
>>49317408
It was worth it for our entertainment friend
Take it to a major, my dubs dare you
>>
>>49317419
It's a replacement effect that makes you lose the game if you can't. Not a trigger, so you best have the cards to remove or else the game will be a draw.
>>
>>9317419
yeah youre right I drank a bunch of gin real fast
>>
>>49317328
I haven't had the chance to play against a prelate deck yet, but I feel that it's going to come down too late to do much. I've played against recruiter + vial on 2 though, it wasn't pretty.
No cheese or something? What would the god tier burger be? I want to be inspired for some lonely evening in the future...
PRAISE THE LICH!!!

>>49317359
But you're still staying true to Doomsday? Mind sharing your list?
I'm currently studying in Scandinavia, I don't think I'll be able to pass Worcester any time soon
>>
>>49317419
>>49317399
I just realized Lich is actually a trigger unlike Nefarious Lich, which is a replacement. So Sickening Dreams works with Lich, but not as well with Nefarious Lich.
>>
>>49317491
Why wouldn't Sickening Dreams work with Nefarious Lich?
>>
>>49317491
actually we're both wrong it works with both. Lich is a trigger as you say. But you discard the cards as a cost to cast dreams so they;re in your graveyard when it damages you with Nefarious lich out. I think dreams might be good. I need to test it. anon might have broke this shit
>>
>>49317467
Doomsday is the one deck I never get tired of and I maintain that it is just as competitive as other the other 2 main storm variants. Here's is my basic list
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
I've been testing 2 copies of Daze maindeclk lately (-1 Duress, -1 Decay, +2 Daze)
>>
>>49317322
I have no idea, I'm not really pick about food. I financed my deck by eating nothing but cereal and rice for a year.

and idk, I goldfished a lot of hands, I don't think it was just variance. I just meant I obviously don't know how to play it. I've played ant and it felt much more straightforward.
>>
>>49317626
Cheers! Now off to bed for me, night!
>>49317652
That could be because it is more straightforward, TES has a wee bit wonky lines sometimes. It's quite wonderful to find them.
>>
daily reminder that dual lands are objectively superior than basic lands and so are the biggest mistake in mtg
>>
>>49317721

HOL UP
*spends $2000*
U SAYIN
*price of progress for a fuckton*
BASICS ARE BETTER
*sweeps to Blood Moon*
HOL UP
*loses to back to basics*
U SAYIN
*eats a wasteland*
BASICS ARE BETTER
*searches nothing off path to exile*
THAN DUALS?
*searches nothing off Nic Fit*
>>
>>49317227
>burger
Well done, I don't think I could eat a burger that has pink in it (you also don't have a choice in Canada)
>TES
I don't know much about it but and I've never actually played against it but just looking at deck lists, I like ANT way more.
>>
Well I just played my 5th league match with Nourishing Lich and I got my dick kicked inside out by ANT. Game 1 I had a turn 2 kill, and he had turn 1 duress to disrupt my kill and killed me on turn 3 or so. Game 2 I had a potentially fast hand if I could cantrrip into my last combo piece but he went off before I could find it or a flusterstorm.

Final record: 2-3
>>
File: Ready to be a shitter.jpg (845KB, 3718x2092px) Image search: [Google]
Ready to be a shitter.jpg
845KB, 3718x2092px
I'm all sleeved up and ready to be terrible at Magic.
>>
>>49318744
>snow covered basics
PATRICIAN TASTE
>>
>>49318744
Forgot to put in the Lotus Petals. Those are kind of important.
>>
>>49317408
Show me your boxers. You are wearing some right?
>>
File: For creeper anon.jpg (877KB, 2390x4250px) Image search: [Google]
For creeper anon.jpg
877KB, 2390x4250px
>>49319272
If that's what you're into, fampai.
>>
Kind of off topic, but does anyone have any pieces of Modern Ad Nauseam? I've got most of Modern Infect and some Naya Zoo pieces and nothing to do with them, and I hate modern so I want to play an OTK deck. I'm willing to sell my shit too, I've sold stuff on here before so I figured I'd ask
Plus AN is just a sweet deck in general
>>
>>49316658
>drunken weeb
Living the good life I see.
>>
>>49319339
Off topic? Look son, these >>49319327 are the boxers of a man that owns a black lotus. I think we've abandoned any semblance of a topic.
>>
>>49319374
I was wondering if anyone actually noticed the Lotus photobombing every other picture.
>>
File: The gangs all here.jpg (4MB, 2685x2120px) Image search: [Google]
The gangs all here.jpg
4MB, 2685x2120px
>>49319339
I got you bruh. You see this? This it ANT. AKA Ad Nauseam Tendrils. You know why they call it that?
>>
>>49319407
Yeah, I used to play it before I sold it for college

Pls lads, somebody must want to get out of modern
>>
>>49319339
Oh wait, you're asking about the modern deck. You know, the best way to show your distaste for the modern format is to not play it.
>>
>>49319446
Wish I could help you man. All I've got are tarmos for sale and conducting business on 4chan is kinda weird anyway.
>>
File: 137.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
137.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>you will never be able to play Legacy Weapon in Legacy

sigh
>>
>>49319449
I just like playing the game and cool decks in any format, plus most people in my area play it. I've been playing it a bit and it's super comfy, so I figured I'd try to trade into it
>>
File: Crops.jpg (2MB, 1560x1896px) Image search: [Google]
Crops.jpg
2MB, 1560x1896px
>>49319484
For what purpose? And don't you dare say fun or I will lose my shit I swear to god.
>>
>>49319497
You have a comfy/hate relationship with modern ay? That sounds like an abusive relationship anon.
>>
>>49319525

For amusement
>>
>>49319635
But isn't that what porn and legacy is for?
>>
What are the best Islands and Plains, black border pref?
>>
File: tundra.jpg (27KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
tundra.jpg
27KB, 226x311px
>>49319856
>>
>>49319874
Don't need duals already, just need basics
no gurus
>>
>>49319907
Apac/Euro are pretty cool.
As far as regular basic lands go, I like Mirage.
>>
>>49319907
I personally like euro lands, specifically purple for Plains and Islands
>>
File: Island [APAC Clear].jpg (149KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Island [APAC Clear].jpg
149KB, 480x680px
>>49319907
>>
File: Island [Euro Red].jpg (144KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Island [Euro Red].jpg
144KB, 480x680px
>>49319907
Alternatively.
>>
File: maximum tilt.png (250KB, 467x310px) Image search: [Google]
maximum tilt.png
250KB, 467x310px
>>49319907
6th ed and sharpie them. mismatch as much as possible for maximum triggering.

alternately, do this in beta edt. for subtle triggering.
>>
File: Plains [Euro Red].jpg (151KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Plains [Euro Red].jpg
151KB, 480x680px
>>49319907
And.
>>
File: Plains [APAC Red].jpg (183KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Plains [APAC Red].jpg
183KB, 480x680px
>>49319907
Or.
>>
File: Plains [Euro Blue].jpg (154KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Plains [Euro Blue].jpg
154KB, 480x680px
>>49319907
Also.
>>
File: purest waifu.jpg (387KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
purest waifu.jpg
387KB, 1728x972px
>>49306803
>>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
>http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>snubs my waifu deck for fucking squid stompy

fuck you too, faggot
>>
File: 20160912_230528.jpg (6MB, 3771x2120px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_230528.jpg
6MB, 3771x2120px
>>49320078
Shh no tears, only dreams now.
>>
File: 6c6.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
6c6.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>49320297

what the fuck was MaRo thinking with Reality Smasher
>>
>>49320622
I have literally 0 fucking clue
It's so fucking absurdly busted
It's a 5/5 at 5, already good stats, in COLORLESS, making it better, with TRAMPLE AND FUCKING HASTE which is obviously fucking nuts
AND THEN HE GIVES IT BUILT IN PROTECTION
it's seriously like some custom card general bullshit

ZOMG LOOK AT MY ELDRAZI HEHE YA I JUST STARTED MAGIC TODAY BUT IT SEEMS GOOD RITE GUYS BTW IM A GIRL XD SO YA GIVE CRITIQUES

>AND THEN THEY MADE MORE CARDS LIKE IT TOO
FUCK
YOU
REPRINT
DUALS
YOU
CUNTS
>>
File: e5pyxvkc.jpg (202KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
e5pyxvkc.jpg
202KB, 600x350px
>>49320622
>>49320687
pls no bully
>>
>>49320733
that thing is seriously super fucking ugly
why can't it look cool like TKS or RS
mimic is the ugly retard child haha fuck you mimic
>>
>>49320297
>>49320733
You deserve all the bullying you receive that's magic related
>>
>>49320078
To be fair, it's nice to see lands get some love. I'm ok with Eldrazi edging out Shardless for the retard.dek award, it's less infuriating because they can't just sack out with Agent into visions and win
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Finally got my shit together after months of aggressive trading. Time to get my ass handed to me at my local weekly legacy event
>>
>>49320979
That deck is fun as shit, how many games have you run with it?
>>
>>49320997
Tomorrow will need the first real run. It's a new shop for me so I have no idea what the meta will be.
>>
is it possible that this is the only place on 4chan where tripfags get along with everyone else?
>>
>>49321040
Do you know how to mulligan with the deck? Fetching and mulligans are tough when I run it
>>
>>49321064
From my limited experience, you HAVE to have a plan and at the very least you need a turn 2 play. Interaction in your opening hand is also very important. Mox diamonds are also very nice to have.
>>
>>49321052
It's probably because we're all so happy we have people to talk to about legacy that we force ourselves to be civil. I mean I'm usually civil either way and I haven't had a reason to get made yet except infect guy, he triggers me timbers
>>
>>49320687
>it's seriously like some custom card general bullshit
The problem with custom card generals are in my experience that they do nothing interesting because they are too scared of broken cards, only the really new guys ever make broken cards.
>>
>>49321179
Mox Diamond + a permenant are your best openers. I like non brainstorm decks, you can't just play the same game every time
>>
>>49321289
I got into legacy trying out brainstorm/ponder based decks and lots of shit is keepable with just those card. It was quite jarring when i didn't have access to them
>>
>>49321289
>>49321353
Hey all I need to keep a hand is island+top, everything else is just extra
>>
>>49319327
I can't fap to this. The thread count isn't nearly high enough.
>>
>>49321234
Every time I submit a card that's in the vein of old power levels or try to explore less common or antiquated aspects of the color pie, I get ousted. Those threads are seriously no fun.
>>
>>49321391
You never mulligan with miracles. Land + any cantrip is almost always a keep. You get to keep really sketchy hands with brainstorm decks, then never get punished. I like that prison decks force you to really think about the contents of your opener
>>
>>49321540
I don't know what people are trying to accomplish with custom cards. It's not like anybody is going to let you play with them unless it's like Cube or something.

And it's not like Wizards is going to give you a blowjob for it because at times you wonder if they know what fun is anymore (look everyone, another fucking dragon/angel/demon/hydra/sphinx that will do nothing but ruin Limited). Quite the opposite, they're going to have you submit it for a contest, pick one guy out of thousands, and use the remainder of the entries, which they own, to save themselves the effort of working too hard for the next year.
>>
>>49321569
Ever since I started playing this game, I despised being at the mercy of the top deck. Once I was introduced to high power cantrips, there was no going back. Having a high threshold of keepable hands feels good man.
>>
>>49321569
That's a lie, I'd never keep a hand with 4 land on it, unless they were all fetches with a brainstorm in hand. Sure I hardly mull with the deck but that's because it's consistent, not because of brainstorm, ponder and top (though they do make some bad hands keepable)
>>
>>49321653
I started out loving that my outs included all my cantrips. I kind of about faced, now I play to beat the crap out of brainstorms.

>>49321704
I was using hyperbole, but the point is that you hardly ever mulligan with miracles. Could you explain where you think the decks consistency comes from if it's not card manipulation?
>>
>>49320979
No DRS?
>>
>>49320297
Oh eldrazi. Soon you'll be mine.
>>
>>49321988
It doesn't have a wide variety of cards and the manabase is super simple. It's a lot of 4 of ofs and at most I need 2 blue sources and 1 white source for me to not need lands anymore. If I have a blue mana and a top in my opening, I'm pretty much guaranteed another land drop in t2 and t3 at the latest.
>>
>>49315656
>There's something to be said about building a deck of cardboard, testing, sleeving, shuffling, and so on.
Printing proxies, cutting them, sleeving them and shuffling them is a whole lot more effort than typing card names into a database and clicking "add". The ease with which you can take mulligans and fetch lands online is heaven compared to 5 minutes of shuffling to draw your opening hand.
Also IRL opponents are smelly, loudmouthed and display hairy ass cracks. Playing online, by comparison, is comfy.

>>49315753
>Right now, I'd play mtgo if it was a monthly fee for access to all cards. Maintaining a collection of digital cardboard just seems asinine to me.
This.
>>
File: Scroll Rack masterpiece.png (200KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Scroll Rack masterpiece.png
200KB, 265x370px
>>49316369
Pic related

>>49316392
This whole post is oldmanbitching. "I did it the hard way, therefore everyone else should too. Fucking kids these days..." No, spending 200+ dollars on a piece of cardboard just because someone thought it was a good idea to invest into them, and because someone else thought it was better to protect investors than to develop the community, does not make it a rational choice to throw money in the hands of investors. I will be playing Legacy for free on Xmage and with proxies until either the Reserve List is torn apart or the Chinaman prints perfect counterfeits.
>>
>>49316951
Mono color-senpai, post Stax list?
>>
>>49322105
Consistent manabases are kind of a requirement for a deck to work.

4 ofs do increase consistency, but 4 pieces of spot removal and 4 board wipes isn't going to be incredibly consistent. If you don't run library manipulation, you can go games without seeing a piece. The way you consistently find cards is through your card manipulation
>>
>>49322326
Yes that is true but miracles has an especially consistent mana base, the deck could easily run on all basics (might have to play more lands but it would still work). And I though we were talking about opening hands and mulligans? Because I totally agree with you that library manipulation is needed for you to see all the pieces for your deck. With miracles though I find that I always have enough pieces and good enough mana to keep hands a lot of the time.
>>
i remember when revised duals were $5 ea no matter which
>>
>>49322461
& $50 dollar moxes / $75 lotus
>>
>>49322394
I guess that what I mean is evaluating hands in the dark, a 7 card hand without a library manipulation spell is pretty weak. Having a Plow or Force in the dark isn't nearly as powerful as having the ability to select what's coming up
>>
>>49322488
Yeah I agree with you, library manipulation is king and the top of the library is where miracles is king
>>
>>49321990
In most list DRS is a 1 of and not likely to be your turn one play and we have better stuff to do midgame in this deck. It is zenith-able, but between knight, scooze, dyrad, teeg; DRS would be low on that list.
>>
File: burn (L).png (246KB, 1262x339px) Image search: [Google]
burn (L).png
246KB, 1262x339px
Will take Burn for a spin once Xmage servers are working again. Bedlam Reveler looks amazing on paper. The mountain I found looks balling. Patrick Sullivan is inspiring. I look forward to this.
>>
>>49322883
Edit:
Bedlam Reveler and Lavamancer are nonbo. Took out lavamancers in order to test Revelers.
Boseiju only adds <>, and nearly all my spells cost R, so it does nothing. Removed it.
Will try Sudden Shock mainboard and Exquisite Firecraft sideboard.
>>
>>49322927
No please don't play firecraft
>>
File: look what we got here.gif (361KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
look what we got here.gif
361KB, 274x200px
>>49323039
>Playing vs Miraclesfags
>"Look what I just topdecked!"
>>
File: 1471952187088.jpg (149KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1471952187088.jpg
149KB, 612x612px
Building a Legacy Mill based on fetching mindcrank with dimi infiltrator and looping it with two other cards in the deck for the instant mill.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cranial-flush/

I want the deck to have as much variety as I can while still pulling off the win combo on a clock

Got it down to 70 cards and my general combos. Im worried about having no destroy creature cards. I could put in some sacrifices or destroy cards or just rely on counterspells and winning the game before I can lose. Im also wondering if I should make the deck 60 cards, its difficult but im considering ditching some of the general mill cards besides archive trap, reinforcing the discards with duress or thoughtsieze and try and get some counterbalances, glimpse the unthinkable or aethervial from my aquireboard and get them in the deck, especially to replace the increasing confusion.

General thoughts, all the maybeboard cards are what I currently own.
>>
File: 2014-teferis-veil-cropped.jpg (122KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
2014-teferis-veil-cropped.jpg
122KB, 464x664px
>>49323162
Could also Wall of tears in for one of the larger creatures for the better fetch opportunity with dimi infiltrator along with mindcrank and duskmantle mage. Although Teferi's Veil is way cooler so im also considering two of those
>>
>>49322300
mmmm Scroll Rack....yummy.
>>
>>49322883
I highly recommend against playing Blasts in burn. They don't do anything. How has Vexing Devil been? It feels like an absolute trap.
>>
>>49323088
I crie. It is pretty bad for us miracles guys to see since we can't counter it. If I somehow make it into game 3 and a burn player is using firecraft I side in thoughtseize so I can hopefully nab it and use Surgical extraction to get rid of them. It doesn't work well...
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49323162
I run wall of tears in most of my blue control decks for the fuck you factor against tokens especially. Echoing truth is always better in this regard but you need the creature protection so its not a bad choice, I think the Nemesis of Reason is cool but too slow in your deck to be worth it, a glacial or hover barrier wall would do better early.
>>
>>49322206
You print and cut proxies? Oh no wonder you don't enjoy the process; you're doing it all wrong.
>>
File: 20160913_044551.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_044551.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Its taken a few months, but I am almost done. I need the second jtms and dual lands. I am picking up the jace once my paycheck comes though and I have a friend that lets me borrow his duals otherwise shocks suffice.
>>
>>49323254
Throw that new BW legend in there as the mirror breaker + incidental burn hate
>>
File: 20160913_044619.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_044619.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>49323299
Here are the lands, sorry for the glare btw.
>>
>>49323299
>>49323308

Also I was thinking about adding SoF&I and Sigarda's Aid, but I dont know what to take out. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 3484_200w.jpg (19KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
3484_200w.jpg
19KB, 200x285px
>>49323299
4c Deathblade?

I like how you put the black and white printed Jace in front to hide the WalMart foil Jace. That's style.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (152KB, 849x1177px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
152KB, 849x1177px
>>49323299
>>49323308
any tips on getting those expensive acquire board cards cheaper?

I want some glimpse the unthinkables and wastelands but fuck they're pricey
>>
>>49323332
China.
>>
>>49323317
I don't really like Sigarda's aid, but if you're looking for a cut to add a SoFi, you're running 4 force alongside 13 other blue cards. I'd consider cutting back on your Forces or upping your blue count.

It seems like you've run headlong into the classic Bant dilemma: you have to many good creatures to choose from, so you choose them all. Stoneforge and TNN are best buds, while Knight is good on his own. You might want to focus the deck.
>>
>>49323332
Patience. Wait around long enough and you'll find good trades or good deals from eBay or TCGplayer or your local shop.
>>
>>49323306
I was thinking about that honestly, I have room in my board and he does look spicy
>>
>>49323348
Are you on Mentor or Entreat? If they see an Entreat, the removal usually comes out, then you can slam him in the mirror, against delver or storm/omnishow and get some incremental advantage
>>
>>49323318
While blood moon is a a card to worry about, with seven dorks, seven counterspells, and abrupt it isnt too bad desu.

Also I cant complain about the jace that much, I basically got it for free because a shop was giving me store credit to run and judge drafts and fnm for them.

>>49323332
Good trading, friends, and time. I opened the ema FoW and Wasteland, but the rest I just traded for over the course of a few months.

>>49323340
The lack of focus can be a problem, but it is really nice when playing against slower decks like miracles. On the onther hand that same lack of focus fucks me over when playing agaisnt all or nothing decks like elves or storm.

Do you think i should drop green save for the deathrites?
>>
>>49322300
That's why you buy these pieces of cardboard *before* they are $200. Timing, kitten.

>>49322320
I'd post it, but apparently everything thinks I'm just "oldmanbitching". Apparently everything I say about Magic and the way I play and construct my decks is somehow wrong.
>>
>>49323332
woudn't get glimpse. Mill just doesn''t seem to do enough yet in Legacy, unles you count combos. Get a playable expensive card instead, like Port.
>>
>>49323366
post list granddad, I'm curious
i prefer monocolor too
>>
>>49323364
I didn't notice the birds. I'm assuming they're budget Heirarchs? In general, I play decks that will be able to prey on a weak manabase like that, I just think its important to consider that being deep into 3 colors and splashing a 4th will be the cause of some number of game loses.

I would probably either drop green and go in a deathblade direction or drop black and go hard Bant. They're pretty similar, but I don't think anything you do will make elves a good matchup.

As for delver, my feeling is that its going to be tough, but with tuning it could be 50/50.
I'm not poo-poo your Jace, its still a sweet card. I am equally uneasy about my walmart foil jitte, its just funny how you lay them out.
>>
>>49323332
Wastelands dropped from $100 to around $40 this year. idk why you're complaining.
>>
>>49323424
>I'm assuming they're budget Heirarchs?
That and they make black, so casting abrupt is a little easier.

>I would probably either drop green and go in a deathblade direction or drop black and go hard Bant.
Ill look at the lists and play around with it, but I think I will go with bant if I cut black. The Core of Blade, Knight, and True-Name is a lot of fun.

>Jace
DESU I had it that way because I wasnt sure if the proxie would look like a proxie with the bad lighting an reflective sleeves. It is funny now that I look at it like that though.
>>
>>49323340
I forgot to mention, in regard to aid, while the swords are good I always felt they were slow and awkward when compared to batterskull and did not have the sheer utility of jitte. However with the ability to flash one in, with or without stoneforge, and slap it onto an attacking true-name seems like a good plan.
>>
>>49323362
I do 1 entreat and 2 mentor main deck and I have another entreat in the board for matches where mentor is a waste
>>
>>49323456
Play whatever you find fun first and foremost. Midrange decks can be really fun to play, you'll probably be pretty 50/50 against the fair decks, but eat it to combo decks.
>>
>>49323475
Sword is usually for your slower matches, so it being a little slow usually isn't a problem
>>
>>49323480
It might still be worth it, but I always leave in removal against mentor, so he can lose some effectiveness. I'd test him and see how he fares
>>
>>49323501
That's the plan, he looks good enough but that 3 mana seems a bit scary. Well maybe he'll close out games on his own. post board I usually stick with one or the other and sometimes I'll really fuck with my opponent (of the doesn't hinder me too much) I'll do one SB match with mentor and if it goes to game 3 I'll do it with EtA and vice versa. Jace has actually been pretty lack luster and he's almost always FoW fodder. I'm kinda wanting to drop 1and replace him with something by I feel like it'll nip me in the arse if I do
>>
>>49323416
Here's A list

1 Karakas
4 Flagstones of Trokair
3 Mishra's Factory
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
4 Wasteland
5 Plains

4 Magus of the Tabernacle
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Thalia, Heretic Cathar

4 Smokestack
3 Crucible of Worlds
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Mox Diamond
4 Trinisphere
4 Ghostly Prison

SB: 2 Wrath of God
SB: 2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikat
SB: 2 Moat
SB: 2 Maze of Ith
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 3 Sphere of Law
SB: 1 Banishing Light
SB: 1 Karakas
>>
File: 1459729699681.jpg (217KB, 957x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1459729699681.jpg
217KB, 957x1300px
Legacy General is a nice place, I should come here more often.

>>49323484
I think at the heart of it that's the biggest problem with not just legacy, but magic as a whole. If you like playing fair decks you are bound to get chewed up by the more degenerate decks sometimes or be forced to play an eternity of boring fare matches like in standard. Dont get me wrong I live this game but that does get on my nerves sometimes that there is just no way around that fact.

>>49323492
Good point, if I end up cutting a color, I probably will, the sword will go in.
>>
>>49323537
>SB:Gideon, ally of zendikar
Prison guy, you have my utmost blessing with your divine taste
>>
>>49323519
I figure he gives you pressure in the mirror, and alleviates it against aggressive Turbo Xerox decks.

Jace tends to eat shit to a Blast infuse mirror. I want a good 4 mana walker that's not blue, but that's not really easy to find unless you want to mess around with Liliana or Gideon, AOZ
>>
>>49323544
Well, if you want to play fair and crap all over combo you can try going into more permenant based hate. If you end up more in green with more stable mana, Green Suns Zenith for Dryad arbor can act as4 of your dorks and you can jam good permenant based solutions to combo into your deck like Scooze and Gaddock Teeg.

You could try going for a Thalia route, which makes your storm matchup significantly easier at least.
>>
>>49323548
Gideon is the Buzz Lightyear to Elspeths Woody the Cowboy.
>>
File: oldmanbitching.png (10KB, 606x127px) Image search: [Google]
oldmanbitching.png
10KB, 606x127px
>>49323366
Tell me more about being an adult during the 90s. As someone born in 1993, how do I acquire duals before they went expensive? Invent a time machine?

Stubbornly refusing to post your deck when asked to due to being called out on being a grumpy old man is what makes you a grumpy old man, not the way you construct your deck. Now post your Stax deck, gramps. I'm curious on how you're running it. I've tested a bit of black stax and white stax, and couldn't put my finger on which I preferred.
>>
>>49323560
>>49323597
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that but fuck Elspeth ;Gideon is the handsomest ,stronkest, baddasest planeswalker EVER. I'm not saying I'm gay, I definitely don't like dicks but I'd let Gideon ravage me. No homo

I'd also like another real good legacy playable walker in blue or white, or black, or red,...or green
>>
>>49323588
My SB right now is

Surgical Extraction
Rest in Peace x2
Krosan Grip
Manriki-Gusari
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben x2
Path to Exile x2
Meddling Mage
Containment Priest
Pithing Needle
Ethersworn Cannonist x2

I have a lot of Miracles, Storm, Death and Taxas, and Show and Tell in my meta so thats what I set my board up for.

I like Green Sun and Dryad Arbor as well as scooze, but Im not sold on Teeg. Doesn't he prevent me from casting force?
>>
>>49323624
I mean that Elspeth used to be my go-to, but now I have a new toy and I forgot all about her. Making 2/2 knights is sweet!

Here's something janky to try: 2 clique, 3 snapcaster, cut 1 Jace for a Kaya, ghost Assassin
>>
>>49323645
That seems pretty good. You could try Sanctum prelate, you might have enough ramp that a 3 drop is doable against storm.

Teeg turns off force, but what were you going to force anyway? I think Teeg is better in GWu than UGw though
>>
>>49323537
deck type reminds me of World Queller, ever tried it there?
>>
>>49323648
Not a fan of clique in miracles desu and I already play with snaps. I'm not sure if Kaya would be good enough considering she can't be pitched to FoW and she'd have trouble winning the game if left unanswered, unlike jace.
>>
>>49323684
When it first came out, yeah. Its a bit on the expensive side, but the effect is really strong. Smokestack being 1 cheaper and slightly more flexible pulls it ahead for me
>>
>>49323703
The idea is that she cant be pyroblasted and draws cards or generates more value. I usually run 1 clique in the sideboard, but I do like incidental threats in miracles. Kaya would just push it over the edge.
>>
>>49322206
>stinky fat nerds xD
Hang yourself.
>>
I leave for one evening and the whole thread is full.

Dare I say, is this the comfiest thread on /tg/?
>>
I wish I could play legacy. I'm currently building modern merfolk, so I could either upgrade to legacy merfolk by buying forces or start building death and taxes? What would be more fun?
>>
>>49324337
if you like merfolk go for upgrade I'd say
>>
>>49324337
I'm doing the opposite (I own Legacy and recently bought the Modern pieces) and I wouldn't recommend it. Merfolk is poorly positioned in the current meta and honestly a fairly boring deck imo
>>
File: blank.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
Consul's Power
W
Enchantment
>Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
>Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponents control, you gain 1 life.

Looks like Budget D&T just got a fresh new tool.
>>
>>49324460
Great against Sneak Attack and Empty the Warrens, mediocre in so many match ups.

It's probably a 2-of sideboard card at best.
>>
>>49324293
Only by a landslide.

>>49324337
Legacy Merfolk is a bit in a rough spot right now, but if you already own Modern Merfolk, it's a nice way to get into the format. Being forced to buy into Force of Wills is never a bad thing. Chalice of the Void, Wasteland and Cavern of Souls will set you back a few dollars though.

DnT is probably the better deck right now (although I find they're closer than you'd at first expect). However,I find that the meta isn't favourable for it either right now.

Also, since when does 4c have this many server issues?
>>
>>49324526
Hiroyuki posted on Twitter that it was just server maintenance. Taking a shot at Hillary in the same Tweet, actually
>>
Bump.

Also daily reminder that Omnitell exists
>>
>>49326640
>Daily reminder that Omnitell exists
I'll put it on there myself in the next thread, just for you.
>>
>>49327123
It's probably for the best and we may need another deck changed on the tier list at this rate lich is gonna be tier 2
>>
Please, someone convince me to not buy a booster case of kaladesh.
>>
Selling my Miracles because I'm just sick of Magic at this point. Should fetch a pretty penny. It's not like I need the money, I just don't need or want the deck now, and wouldn't be surprised if Magic was starting a decline.
>>
>>49327885
That's 144 packs, right? There's only a 63% chance of getting an Invention in the case. Think, for the price of the case, you could buy MULTIPLE Inventions, AND you'd get to choose which ones, AND you wouldn't have to deal with 2000 pieces of shitty bulk cardboard.
>>
>>49327885
Don't _____not_____ buy a Kaladesh booster box.
>>
>>49320767
I thought it looked cute. Like a little anteater mixed with the japanese porn star/tentacle monster aesthetic. Don't bully. Its flavor text is cute too.
>>
>>49328038
A case is 216 packs and I like a lot of the Rares and mythic in the set and it could make a really fun cube when combined with some other sets
>>
>>49327885
You will spend less money on singles. You want that shiney masterpiece? Would you rather spend $200 for a single or $400 with the potential to not find a single one?
>>
>>49327885
why not another legacy deck instead?
maybe something that's fun to play against this time, like infect
>>
>>49328241
But, I could get some sick loot if I get a case. I'm just hoping I have no money when it comes out just in case I give in to temptation
>>
>>49328335
>Infect
>fun to play against
Pick 1 and only 1
>>
File: bored.jpg (46KB, 384x400px) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
46KB, 384x400px
>mfw I'm apparently the only guy on /tg/ who thinks the Masterpiece artifact frames look like ass
>>
>>49328367
i'd pick Infect if mirakuru was the other choice to play against every day.
But seriously, why not get a Stompy? They're in all colours, and run some funky tribes. wouldn't be much more expensive I think.
>>
>>49328339
Best way to have no money then is to spend it now on something like preordering a case of kaladesh
>>
>>49327885
a) if you just crack the packs that is simply a fucking stupid thing to do
b) if you plan on drafting the packs, consider how impossible it is to get 7 other people together to draft let alone get money from them
c) you're going to sit on it and sell it for profit ten years from now; you might as well put the money into an investment account, you'll make more

The only good reason to buy a box of anything is if you reliably have people to draft with. Anything outside of that makes you a complete retard.
>>
Working on the new thread now.
>>
New thread up

>>49328462
>>49328462
>>
>>49328417
>implying cracking packs isn't one of the reasons I started this game
It's a damn good feeling opening them and it's not always "completely retarded". I mean if I Crack dragons maze packs yeah I'm a fucking idiot, but this set has actual value in it in the format of its regular Rares and mythics
>>
>>49328486
Cracking packs for value is statistically proven to be a waste of money and a waste of time trading for what you actually want/need.

If you attribute value to the good feeling then fine, I suppose there are more expensive ways to get an endorphin fix.
>>
>>49328486
Tell you what, instead of spending money on a case, how about you give me the money and I'll come over to your place every night for a month to suck you off? More enjoyment for you, and money for me to get into legacy.
>>
>>49321540
Can you upload the cards you've made (in a set, uploading the pictures would be ridiculous)? I'm a bit more ambitious than the people on /cct/ and I'd like to see what ideas you've had.
>>
I ordered Underground Seas, Badlands, the BG true dual, and some force of wills from Villa Zheng.

The final result:
The front of the card is pretty fucking spot on. Like I can't even tell its a fake from the front.

The back, however, has pretty noticeable mismatching colors.

Aside from the back colors, though, Villa Zheng's cards are nearly spot on. The cardboard feels the same, it is just about a glossy as a regular card, and the mana symbols/text matches really well.
The real killer is the back color, which will DEFINITELY be recognized by any judge.

This has been an unbiased review from Anon.
>>
>>49328335
<3 u
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.