[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Party Deaths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1468510526802.png (130KB, 316x312px) Image search: [Google]
1468510526802.png
130KB, 316x312px
>my first DnD campaign
>have read "That guy" stories so I know what the avoid
>a couple other players' first times as well
>'alright cool, so I won't seem like a complete ass if I fuck up because everyone else is fucking up too."
>like the idea of an inquisitorial cleric
>do that shit
>party is made up of a paladin, a fighter, a rogue, and a cleric
>get sent to a colony to deal with some big ass spiders
>turns out there's a civilization of moth people under the ground
>I try to burn some moths
>almost get killed but DM is a merciful DM and deus ex machinas my character out of dying
>party surrenders to moths
>various other shenanigans occur
>eventually we finish off the quest and a moth person joins our party as a DMPC
>head back to colony town
>rogue wants to buy a dog
>party goes to find dog seller
>only one dog seller in town and he is only willing to sell on of his dogs and at a very high price
>rogue attempts to haggle
>fighter buys the dog before him
>rogue is upset
>party leaves
>rogue throws a tantrum and attacks the party
>my cleric was away doing priest shit
>bullshit an excuse for my character to head back to the party
>DM is chill and allows it
>my cleric arrives
>rogue just rolled a nat 20 on the fighter
>attack him with fire
>battles goes on for another turn
>guards show up
>arrest rogue
>rogue is put on trial
>rogue managed to negotiate down to a fine from 50 lashes
>because inquisitorial cleric, DM lets me make a meme rolls for detect heresy
>judge/governor of colony is a massive fucking heretic
>decide to not start shit but I have to rolepaly to my character's personality so I say my cleric shoots a glare at the governor
>rogue passes a perception check and shouts out "HE ONLY GLARES AT YOU LIKE THAT IF HE THINKS YOU'RE A HERETIC"
>shitniggerwhatthefuck.jpg
>governor confronts my cleric about it
>try to bullshit an excuse
>rogue remembers something about the governor fucking pigs
>thus the heresy
cont.
>>
File: 1473609794266.jpg (10KB, 480x338px) Image search: [Google]
1473609794266.jpg
10KB, 480x338px
>>49303529
>rogue says "THE GOVERNOR FUCKS PIGS!"
>governor is triggered
>makes his punishment 100 lashes with a blessed whip
>because my cleric character is an asshole and he rolled a nat 20 on a persuasion check he's the one to do the lashings
>cleric begins lashings
>DM lets a spectator take control of moth person and a talking book that has all information that has ever been written down
>spectator has moth resist guards
>moth gets put in to gallows too
>also gets lashes
>rogue successfully frees his hand to comfort moth
>cleric breaks his arm with mace
>rogue tells my character, "Kill me, I dare you. You don't have the balls!"
>I ask governor if I can execute him
>he's says "sure, go for it"
>execute him
Thus ended the first party of the campaign, and a new party was created with new characters on a different part of the world.
>>
I always thought falling down a well and dying was just a meme until our party fighter tried to jump a well in order to get into combat faster. Needless to say getting his corpse out of there was a pain.
>>
>>49303529
Stupid, but also really awesome. A situation like that could have been much worse with bad rolls and/or a less cool DM.
>>
>>49303605
Continuation of some things that happened to the surviving characters of the first party
My cleric ended up building up enough influence in the colony and executed the governor and is going to revolt against the mother country to create his own theocracy.
The paladin was tired of the party's stupid shenanigans and went to do some other shit.
The fighter joined the new party and then died to a fuckton of hobgoblins.

The rogue made a new character that was a ranger and ended up getting that character killed because he got caught fucking his pet panther with his 2 inch dick, the DM allows for a lot of stupid shit like rolling a d12 for dick length. And in embarrassment started a barfight with my new character, a not so zealous dorf cleric and he ended up rolling a nat 1 and head shotting some poor bastard with his bow. He got arrested and again executed.
>>
There needs to be an Ithica thread.
>>
>>49304123
make one then, you fucking nigger
>>
>rogue gets a velociraptor because substitute DM bullshit
>archer takes it
>rogue tk's him at the end of random battle afterwards
>>
>warlock commits suicide by blowing up entire town and inhabitants on the final boss
>boss doesn't die
>>
>cleric is turned into a frog for a while due to bullshit
>frog maintains degree of intelligence, other PCs can give it orders
>only PC close enough to give it orders is extremely reckless rapist bard
>he hatches a plan to commit regicide for no reason
>frog climbs into the central palace window
>it stealthily crawls up the king's ass
>king wakes up while the frog is already pretty deep in there
>frog begins to turn back into full-sized human cleric
>cleric attempts to cast a shield spell (at a disadvantage, of course) while growing back to full size
>he fails
>king is instagibbed
>cleric is also instagibbed
>>
>>49304234
>>49304244
>>49304283
All three of these were in the same game, by the way.
>>
>>49303529
> I was the DM. 3.PF because making shit taste good means you're a great chef.
> Party was Cleric, Halfling Rogue, Barbarian and Magus.
> BBEG Lich was travelling to get a fabled dual-natured sword called Dusk/Dawn for his champion, PCs trying to catch up.
> Have to cross a cord bridge over a very deep crevice.
> Bridge too flimsy for more than one PC to cross at once.
> Tie a cord around the hips and walk across 1 by 1.
> Flying Daemons spot the last PC crossing.
> One blocks the bridge while two harass the PC on the bridge.
> Rogue tumbles from solid ground unto the bridge through the monster's square as to get a flank.
> "Sure, but the unstable footing means the DC is X. Don't fail by 5 or you risk falling."
> "I'd need a 2 for that to happen"
> Of course, rolls a 2.
> "Welp, you could catch the ledge with a successful reflex save. DC 15"
> Fails. Start falling.
> The Magus, still tied by the hips jumps down the bridge to try and catch him.
> Fails the Grapple check.
> The magus cut the cord that prevented a 120+ feet fall.
> Both fall next (not in) to rapids. Rogue receives 10d6 damage. Rolls 26 and survives.
> Magus rolls 49 and falls in the low negatives.
> Easy preys, the flying monster dive in pursuit.
> Rogue gives his only healing potion to the magus.
> Potion bring magus to 0 hp. Enough to regain consciousness, not enough to have any chance at fleeing.
> Rogue dive into the rapids. Escapes, but this ends up costing a LOT of time and to catch a cold.

It was the first of two times someone killed himself to protect that rogue.
>>
>>49304295

It sounds like a truly eventful game, Anon.

The last character death in one of my games was the players getting sick of another players antics and just offing the guy.
>>
>>49303529
>Shadows of the Demon Lord
>I am Shart Blumpkin, goblin rogue who was once a love slave for 6 years.
>There's been a suspicious murder in the main town and we're investigating it
>At night, I see a dark and evil shadow peel off from the well in thetown square
>'i must garotte it,' I think
>Lose most of my health but warn the others
>Then, I try and kill it AGAIN because I'm an idiot
>As a result, I die.
>>
>>49304409
> Dungeon is an eons-old prison for Fire Plane's PoW.
> Happens to be inside a volcano.
> Azer runes that held Fire Elementals also kept the volcano tame and nearby dwarven city rich.
> Runes falling apart, region becoming unstable.
> Boss room in over the cell of a very, very old magma dragon named Faerkelnashador, who happened to be a general of one of the factions of the Fire Plane.
> Boss is magma dragon's son.
> Battle could have 3 outcomes. Either Boss was kept at bay while runes were reinforced (Good results), PC died (Bad result), or Boss died (Mixed results).
> Part of the battlefield was becoming lava at random. Determined at Initiative 0, then one full turn afterward the area became lava.
> Cleric had that fire protection spell that absorb X damage of that type, then fails.
> Cast the spell before the battle on everyone but the Magus' new character, a Gunslinger.
> PCs figure out the Good way to end the battle.
> Rogue bull rushed by the boss falls into lava but manage to get out. Loses the protection spell that had more HP than he did + 1 HP.
> Boss goaded from side to side, and bad rolls from the PCs mean the PCs now aim to just kill the boss.
> Even tho really battered, the rogue tries and gets an annoying sneak attack in, boss glares at him.
> Gunslinger understands the boss non-negligeable power attacks might down the rogue.
> Gunslinger gets close enough to ignore Boss' normal AC.
> Gunslinger gets a x4 critical hit on the boss. Left with a handful of HP.
> Behind the Gunslinger, floor is now lava.
> Bull Rush Gunslinger in Lava.
> Lava REALLY hurts.
> Gunslinger's yelling in agony as he is sinking in lava.
> Gunpowder barrels explodes from under lava.

The boss died shortly after, but from now on, it was decided that, would the rogue point a gun at his own head and pull the trigger, one of his new friends would find a way to catch the bullet and die in his stead.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.