[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name me a better deckbuilder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: pic394356.jpg (751KB, 2019x2022px) Image search: [Google]
pic394356.jpg
751KB, 2019x2022px
Name me a better deckbuilder
>>
There isn't. Every deckbuilding game is just a ripoff of Dominion. They always try to get cute and add some extra mechanic, which invariably throws off the balance and strategy and makes the game worse. Random deck of buyables, more than one orthogonal currency, dice rolls, deployment and combat. Every game falls for this and ends being less graceful and more clunky than Dominion.
>>
>>49297171
>less graceful and more clunky than Dominion.

Dominion is a solved, solitaire style, piece of shit desu. Its only fun when people don't know how to play.
>>
>>49297338
Well then name a better deckbuilding game senpai :^)
>>
>>49297363
Idk if its "better" because it depends on what you're looking for. I prefer playing puzzle strike way more though.
>>
>>49297053
Puzzle Strike, if only because it offers far more player interaction (and thus reduces the number of optimal choices to the actual game) than typical deck builders.
>>
>>49297363
Tanto Cuore. All the autism, none of the
>Jesus fuck this shit is the most uninspired generic shit I've ever seen.
I hate Tanto Cuore's aesthetics too, but at least it ain't Dominion.
>>
>>49297053
Eminent Domain & Tanto Cuore.

>>49297338
AFAIK no game with element of chance has really been solved as of yet. Just because you can tell optimal play most of the times, doesn't mean the game is solved.
>>
>>49297441

I don't understand this complaint. There's plenty of subtle player interaction in Dominion, and it's all the genre needs. It's not a TCG/LCG.
>>
>>49297363
Tanto Cuore is pretty much better in every way.

It's also cuter.
>>
File: mt_hcm[1].jpg (370KB, 641x900px) Image search: [Google]
mt_hcm[1].jpg
370KB, 641x900px
>>49297495
>>49297461
>>49297442
Here come the weebs.
>>
I liked Miskatonic
>>
>>49297053
Valley of the Kings, Legendary, Sentinels of the Multiverse, just about any of them really.
>>
>>49297442
>I hate Tanto Cuore's aesthetics too, but at least it ain't Dominion.

Later expansions of Dom. actually have some pretty great artwork. But I agree, if all you care about is pointless aesthetics it's not the game for you.
>>
>>49297488
But there's really not. The only way players can generally interact with each other is via attack cards, which aren't even present or viable in many set ups, and via emptying piles, which doesn't happen until the end of the game and is a pretty sad excuse for "interaction" in simply denying one of many choices to future players.

In the absence of attack cards that allow players to make meaningful choices (a rare few) every dominion game is going to come down to essentially a bunch of solitaire games competing to win the fastest.

If you can look at a set of 10 kingdom cards and decide what you need to buy in roughly what order for the first 10+ turns without even considering what your opponents are doing that's a pretty damning argument against Dominion's "subtle" player interaction.
>>
>>49297053
Star Realms, Nightfall, Thunderstone, Tanto Cuore, Heart of Crown, Etrian Odyssey Dominion.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.