[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are almost all fantasy settings based on Europe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 50

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1554x1662px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1554x1662px
Why are almost all fantasy settings based on Europe?
>>
europe is great
>>
Because most fantasy writers are from Europe or America and American history doesn't go back far enough for most fantasy settings unless you want to base it on the Native Americans.
>>
>>49294929
Why are so many vaguely historical at all? What the hell happened to Oz, Wonderland, and the like?
>>
>>49294929
Are they really though?
They're often so far removed from reality, the only thing connecting them to romanticized feudal europe is the accompanying art and depictions. Fill in your own esthetic and europe can't be recognized.
>>
Why are almost all settings based on Earth?

Because write what you know, faggot, and most fantasy archetypes descend from european mythology and folklore.
>>
>>49294929
Tolkien.
>>
>>49294929
most english-speaking writers are from european cultures, even if they do not live in europe
>>
>>49294929
All /tg/ questions can be answered with one of those answers. Pick the one that apply

1-Myth
2-Lord of the Rings
3-Dungeons and Dragons
4-Gurps
5-Fatal
6-Hybrid
>>
>>49294929
Because Europe is the greatest bastion of civilization and advancement on this world.
>>
Because white people want the World to revolve around white people.
>>
>>49294929
Majority of writers are westerners and america has no history.
>>
>>49294929
Try reading non-European/American literature some time.

People write what they know.
>>
>>49294998
>Because white people want the World to revolve around white people.
But it does ?
>>
>>49295024
It does for white ppl
>>
>>49294968
Because then you'd have to explain far more about the world, loosely basing it on something real means that the players already know how some parts of the world work and can plan accordingly. Stuff like Oz, Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass works for stories because the character doesn't have to understand these things but players do in order to have agency.
>>
>>49294968
They are unrelatable and thus, boring to play. The real question is: why is everyone fanning over Tolkien and Lovercraft when they could read some other classic autor, like Lord Dunsany, for ispiration?
>>
>>49294998
No. Bad SJW. Back to >>/lgbt/.
>>
>>49295024

I thought it revolved around Japan desu
>>
>>49295056
White people are pretty much the only important people.

Asians are honorary aryans.
>>
>>49295266
It's true, white people are the best.
>>
>>49295057
Eh. I know Unknown Armies isn't a perfect analogue because you can relate to the real world as a baseline, but the really relevant stuff you're supposed to be interacting with is legit topsy turvy. The incomplete information problems you face and the situations you get yourself into as a result are part of the appeal here. And it's a blast to play.

It's not like the logic puzzle or riddle as gameplay has no early antecedents in tabletop gaming either.

>>49295215
Depending on what you're reading, Dunsany isn't too far outside the ballpark of old other world fantasy. I'm a big fan though, yeah.
>>
>>49295280
eh, we're okay, I guess...
>>
File: tfw ubermensch.jpg (146KB, 400x538px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ubermensch.jpg
146KB, 400x538px
>>49295280
>>
>>49294998
Said the subhuman posting on a white website using a white invention to send messages to a white invention.
>>
File: wait a minute i'm white.png (201KB, 638x460px) Image search: [Google]
wait a minute i'm white.png
201KB, 638x460px
>>49295280
>>
>>49295383
>He posts on an image board whose code was literally copypasted from a japanese website
>>
>>49295383
I had to click on a series of Arab numericals in order to reply to you.

Then again, apparently Arabs count as Caucasian. (Or maybe that's just what the Jews say so they can pretend that Antisemitism is automstically Anti -Jew, rather than being Anti-semite)

Idk, race is weird.
>>
>>49295501

Dude, just let them have it.
Literally every other aspect of society is binging on melanin. They know they're a dying breed - that's the only reason Trump is doing as well as he is.
When the South and the Midwest give up their Christian victimization fetish and become enlightened (something that'll only happen with time and education), only then will our country advance as a whole.
>>
>>49295544
>just let them have it.
Let who have who now?
>>
>>49295501
>a series of Arab numericals
Not Arab. Indian, and not used in either place anymore regardless.
>>
>>49295580
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals
>>
>>49295580
>not used in either place anymore regardless

I hope you're really, REALLY sure about that, my son
>>
>>49295383
it never occured to you that i might be /pol/? that's curious
>>
>>49295602
>The decimal Hindu-Arabic numeral system was developed in India by AD 700
>>
>>49295630
Yup. Still called Arabic.

I mean, you're not wrong, mind
>>
>>49295635

White fear is a real thing.
The inability to co-exist is not a physical barrier - purely mental. Europe has been toting itself as superior to America culturally for decades, but that's because they've never struggled with issues of race.

America is by far the stronger and more civilized country wherein human rights are concerned.
>>
File: 1462739659615.jpg (12KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
1462739659615.jpg
12KB, 212x237px
>>49295668
>tfw Canada beats everyone in this regard
>tfw that's all Canada has going for it
>>
File: Midgard.jpg (701KB, 1013x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Midgard.jpg
701KB, 1013x1015px
>>
>>49295660
It's only called Arabic because it was brough to Europe through the Middle-East. Now who's being the Eurocentrist.
>>
>>49295668
>The inability to co-exist is not a physical barrier
Why should I want to co-exist with a bunch of foreigners who do not care about my people, culture or history, and do not belong in my homeland?

I care only about other Finns, they are my people, my kin, my family. Other groups of people are meaningless to me, as is their suffering. I wouldn't care if all the refugees were put into camps and shot. They are not my people and their hardship means nothing to me.
Deport them all back to the shitholes they came from.
>>
>>49295715
Funny, isn't it?

"Brownish ppl with funny head things brought it here, therefore is ayrab"

>>49295726
A shame Russia didn't wipe you all clean.
>>
File: 1471023497931.jpg (157KB, 1024x651px) Image search: [Google]
1471023497931.jpg
157KB, 1024x651px
>>49295726
No good ever came out of finland.
>>
>>49295726
>I care only about other Finns
>Deport them all back to the shitholes they came from.

But Finn-san, Finland is shithole
>>
File: proud fin.png (183KB, 1280x1003px) Image search: [Google]
proud fin.png
183KB, 1280x1003px
>>49295742
>A shame Russia didn't wipe you all clean.

They sure tried, and in doing so, forged our national unity into steel strong bond.
>>
>>49295710
This map makes no sense at all to me. It does not look like Middle-Earth, and the Europe that's interposed over it is all cut up and mangled, so what was the point here?
>>
I'm white British. I'm generally proud to be white and British and I believe it's my duty to help improve my nation, as it should be for all people, regardless of race; as such, I'd call myself a patriot. Politically, I'd call myself mostly centrist, with the very occasional right leaning.

>>49295635
>>49295426
>>49295349
>>49295383
>>49295280
>>49295266
These subhuman cunts not only make me ashamed of my own fucking skin colour, but also my country and culture. Congratulations, asswipes; you have actually made me so sick of being even faintly affiliated with you, I am now more sympathetic to those moronic SJWs.

Your nationalism and racism is poisoning your own well. Fucking STOP and have a look at yourselves. Is willful ignorance and arrogance really the heritage you want to boast of?
>>
>>49295215
>Lovecraft
>Lord Dunsany
Here's the awnser, you won't like it.

Lovecraft was influenced by Poe and Dunsany. During his start as a writter his poeish pieces got more attention until he morphed them into what we call his lovecraft pieces. It's not a stretch to think there were more than a few other writers that tried to emulate Dunsany but they too were ignored at large while Tolkien rip offs were more accepted be by accident, marketing, or just being liked by the majority of society. Lovecraft only really survived by marketing as one of his contacts decided to open a publication to keep churning out his stories and his own additions to it giving it more exposure of an idea that was novel at the time.
>>
>>49295726
t. Myfarog gamer
>>
>>49295726

Tribalism at its finest.
Mine, mine, mine.
You're a child.
>>
>>49295763
>proud fin.png

Don't know what he has to be proud of. Fins are known for, like, nothing, other than being mistaken for Swedes or Russians

>>49295777

Anglo-Saxon here.
I largely agree with you. I mean, we colonized half of this mudball, we can't whine and go on about people coming to our shores, now, can we?
Makes us look like petulant pussies
>>
File: spurdorokka.png (8KB, 380x591px) Image search: [Google]
spurdorokka.png
8KB, 380x591px
>>49295759
Yes, but it is our shithole.
Foreigners are not welcome here.
I laugh when I read news about how foreigners can't stand it here due to racism etc.

Fuck them, they can go back to their homelands.

>>49295777
Fuck off Anglo scum.
Your homeland is being overrun by muslims who rape your children while your police does nothing, and you dare to berate other people who are nationalistic and racist enough to not welcome these fucking barbarians with open arms.
Your coming extinction is your own doing.
>>
>>49294998
I know this is /pol/ bait but if say a black guy got into fantasy stuff, 80% of the shit who would be consuming and know about fantasy would still be based on European folklore.
>>
>>49295793
Tolkien was also influenced by Dunsany.
>>
File: 1467127021911.jpg (144KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467127021911.jpg
144KB, 800x1200px
>>49294929
>France removed
I will never not be triggered by this
>>
>>49295828
I'm sorry, where is Finland again?

Sounds like ti should be, like, north of Turkey or something
>>
>>49295816
>Fins are known for, like, nothing

Hey now. They're known for memes.

wait a minute no that's worse than nothing
>>
File: Alma.png (158KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
Alma.png
158KB, 500x357px
What a fantasy setting based on Australasia?
>doing quests for gods outside of time
>sparsely populated, tropical north, cold souther desert, Oceanic mountain ranges
>competing colonial claims from various different peoples
>far from home, no backup, no supply lines, survivalism a must
>natives use anamiatic magics fueled by the land
>fucking super deadly creatures.
>>
>>49295869
>where is Finland again?
Eastern Sweden.
>>
>>49295829

People write what they know, and it's not like American blacks have a particularly long classical history or rich myths to reflect on.
>>
>>49295710
Well, that makes some sense.
I always did imagine Umbar as a sort of Cathrago.
>>
File: goglust.jpg (299KB, 655x903px) Image search: [Google]
goglust.jpg
299KB, 655x903px
>>49295810
What exactly is wrong with tribalism?
A tribe who favors it's own will ultimately be more successful than a tribe that welcomes every outsider who seeks to take it's resources.

Also, when you belong to a people that numbers in only just 5 million, you need to be tribal. My people are a drop in the global ocean, and if we are not careful, we will die out, either via mongrelization, or via war.

My people won our freedom with blood and sweat, and I'll be damned if I see this land,that my forefathers bled to make free for our people to live in peace, host parasitic foreigners who hate everything we are.

>>49295816
>Don't know what he has to be proud of
Well, the fact that we are still around, despite Swedes and Ruskies both doing their best to assimilate/destroy us while they ruled over us.

>>49295871
>implying memes aren't the greatest.
Stay jelly.
>>
>>49295764
It's ancient europe. Try to think harder next time.
>>
>>49294929
Europe has more history than america and fuck all people understand asia and africas mythology.
>>
>>49295919
It most certainly is not.
>>
>>49295879

Based. Bring back megalania and you got a setting.
>>
>>49295777
>m-muh nationalism
>m-muh racism
>y-y-you're just nazis!
tolerance is not a virtue, limey.

>>49295816
>I largely agree with you. I mean, we colonized half of this mudball, we can't whine and go on about people coming to our shores, now, can we?
>Makes us look like petulant pussies
The difference is that the imperial powers actually IMPROVED the lands they came to, literally giving them civilization and most of the benefits that came with it.
Not saying that the colonialists weren't perfect (looking at you, Leopold), but comparing colonization to 3rd world hordes flooding your nation is a false equivalency.

The former actually had benefits to the invaded.
>>
>>49295816
>We can't whine and go on about people coming to our shores, now, can we?

You certainly can if they make your country shittier. 1400 children at rotherham, child marriages and female genital mutilation on the rise, your most common baby name is mohammed for fuck's sake.
>>
>>49295903
That's what I'm saying.

I mean they have voodoo stuff, but everything else would be European in origin unless they really dug back, and it's been done before(Spears of the Dawn and Imaro for example).
>>
>>49295918
>Well, the fact that we are still around, despite Swedes and Ruskies both doing their best to assimilate/destroy us while they ruled over us.

So you're proud of being Jewish? Because being proud of just survival is, like, being proud of breathing. Kind of like the Jews.

Oh, wait, Jews own everything. Finns don't.
>>
>>49294992
7. Depends on the setting
>>
>>49295918

Tribalism has proven so successful that your people are a drop in the global population.
>>
File: Cliff-Harpers-Max-Stirner[1].gif (7KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cliff-Harpers-Max-Stirner[1].gif
7KB, 170x200px
>>49295668
>America is by far the stronger and more civilized country wherein human rights are concerned.

>human rights
Sounds like a spook to me.

The greatest mistake man ever made was assuming that all men are equal.
>>
>>49295941
>The difference is that the imperial powers actually IMPROVED the lands they came to, literally giving them civilization and most of the benefits that came with it

Idk Africa is still fucked.
>>
>>49295941

Like disease. And religion.
"Improvement" is subjective, and white people are oft known to be idiosyncratic with the rest of the world.
>>
>>49295962
>small country in a relatively desolate land
>survived attempts at fuckery from the east and west for centuries
>maintained their culture
>country has very high HDI, migrants want to go there
>"lol what has tribalism done for you racist trump supporter XD"

Seems it worked.
>>
>>49295777
'Racism' is a new thing; but it's just another goad to whip the ignorant into line. You can't reason with these idiots: you have to let them flame out and die on their own. And don't worry: they WILL do it, to themselves, by themselves. They just can't help it - they's dumb!
And remember: their pathetic words are all they have. They are powerless. They have no influence, no say. They are the disenfranchised. They are not actually crying out against 'the other' - whomever the other may be. No. They are crying out against their own powerlessness. They are not saying: "I hate niggers!" They are saying: "Somebody love me please!"
They are, in a word, pathetic. They deserve your sympathy and support.
Give them a cookie and a hug, and remember they are just adorable wee spergs making angry noises in their little corner.
>>
File: around fins the ice is thin.jpg (217KB, 840x1053px) Image search: [Google]
around fins the ice is thin.jpg
217KB, 840x1053px
>>49295955
>Oh, wait, Jews own everything. Finns don't.
Yesss, keep believing that...

And there are other things to be proud of, language, culture, our beautiful nature and cities etc.

>>49295962
Being under the rule of foreign powers who used us to fight their wars, and taxed us to near starvation (and didn't help when famines actually decimated our population), all the while living in unhospitable, cold, wooden wilderness, sorta hampers population growth.
And despite our hardships, we are still here.

There is nothing that you self hating fucks can say that will make me share your white guilt, and stop me from being proud of my people.
>>
>>49295976

The rest of the American civilization is garbage - worst healthcare in 1st world countries, failing economy and educational systems, biased justice systems.

All thanks to white people. But human rights? Oh, yeah. America rocks on civil liberties.
>>
>>49295918
>assimilate finns
Eww. We would never assimilate animals. That'd be like fucking our cattle.
>>
>>49294992
You forgot:
7. Direct communication
>>
File: Hyvä suomi.jpg (17KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hyvä suomi.jpg
17KB, 640x360px
>>49296003
>this is what leftist actually believe.
>mfw Refugees get firebombed here.
>>
>>49295978
It's always been fucked, but at least during the colonial years they had hospitals.
But of course, ebul whitey got driven out before they finished civilizing the dark continent, and we're back to square one.
Except now the Africans are killing each other with AKs.

>>49295980
>Like disease. And religion.
Not going to argue against the first, but the latter is a fair bit better than human sacrifice.

>"Improvement" is subjective, and white people are oft known to be idiosyncratic with the rest of the world.
Nice meme

>>49296010
>All thanks to white people.
Actually, most of those problems would statistically disappear if every african-american just up and disappeared.

>But human rights? Oh, yeah. America rocks on civil liberties.
That's not something to be proud of.
>>
>>49296003
>brexit succeeded
>trump doing well vs hillary, even better now that it's been shown she's a barely walking corpse
>conservative parties on the rise across europe
>average man becoming less and less afraid of being called racist/nationalist
>"y-you're powerless goy"

>>49296010
>countries with the best healthcare, HDI, etc. such as Norway all have a vast majority white population
>"w-white people ruined america goy"
>>
>>49296006
There's a difference between white guilt and hating people for not being white.

Why to people always try to imply that they're the same.
>>
>>49295916
Not to mention the whole 'corsairs' thing with north africa.
>>
>>49295828
I never said Britain was perfect, hence why I work to IMPROVE it. But 'improvement' does not mean closing oneself off to everything else. That's been tried and it only leads to stagnation. The only sure way to make everyone better forever, is by education. NO-ONE, regardless of if they're European, Middle-Eastern, African, East Asian, Indian, or any other race, has a right to ignorance. That includes you.

Make people, ALL people, better. Don't just remove segments and say the average is improved.

>>49295941
Tolerance long enough to educate and integrate IS a virtue, or at least a skill. I'm not saying that it's okay to come to another nation, another culture and demand it change to suit you, or that you are allowed to sit stagnant and unchanging.

What I'm trying to say is that WE need to change and so do THEY. Only by doing so, by finding and keeping the best of ALL cultures, can we make something that is worth truly being proud of. It is a journey that is never going to end, but it is worth walking all the same.

And then we get people like you, who believe those that change with the times and the world are foolish and that by clinging to some imagined, invented past, they will be strong. As I said before, that has BEEN tried and it didn't work. Madness lies in doing the same thing and expecting different results.
>>
File: 1327369293400.gif (87KB, 256x306px) Image search: [Google]
1327369293400.gif
87KB, 256x306px
>>49296006
> language

That bar-bar language? Christ I'd rather learn sandnigger than that drivel

>culture

being white eskimos isn't something to be proud of

> beautiful nature
As if Finns made the nature of the land. Still looks like shit

> cities

You mean "City". There is only one. And it;s, like, Uppsala or something
>>
>>49296006
>language
Practically swedish considering all the loans.

>culture
Swedish.

>beautiful nature and cities
Again, swedish.
>>
File: 1473355809290.png (286KB, 1490x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1473355809290.png
286KB, 1490x1214px
>>49296020
this
>>
>>49294929
>Who designed this, an alien?

Subtle as fuck
>>
>>49294929
What about the fantasy settings set in pseudo-asia? There are quite a few of those. Though, I wouldn't mind a really good setting based upon South America, Pacific Islands, or Africa inb4 KANGZ
>>
>>49295978
They fucked themselves after we left.
Some peoples actually have a culture and improved themselves after we left,most didnt.
Europe is going to burn for this arrogance. France will burn first.
>>
>>49295930
Look harder, idjit!
>>
>>49296075
>France will burn first.

As a Canadian, this makes me happy. I hate those fuckers.
>>
File: 1427059688947.jpg (191KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
1427059688947.jpg
191KB, 1024x686px
>>49295935
Jesus christ that thing is huge. Fuck dragons, I'll be adding megalania to my setting and other megafauna too. Thanks anon.
>>
File: its-a-rock.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
its-a-rock.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>49294929

>Why are almost all SciFi settings based on 19th century Euro-American imperialism?

They aren't. You're just only paying attention to the ones that are.
>>
>>49296078
Norway was never ever in the history of anything twice as long as it is now.
>>
>>49296075
>the country that literally has police with guns telling women to strip off isn't doing enough to prevent other cultures from becoming dominant
Fuck off
>>
>>49296059
>i-if we don't t-tolerate muslims raping our women and children we're closing it off to everyone!

There's a middleground you pathetic fuck. Stand up against elements that are destroying your country. Fucks sake, your police don't even go into some muslim neighborhoods.
>>
>>49296059
>Tolerance long enough to educate and integrate IS a virtue, or at least a skill.

>educate, integrate (and presumably assimilate)
That's racist

>What I'm trying to say is that WE need to change and so do THEY. Only by doing so, by finding and keeping the best of ALL cultures
And what I'm saying is that there's not much good to come out of other cultures, except maybe the Asians. There's a reason why Europeans and Asians are the great surviving civilizations, and it's not blind luck.

>And then we get people like you, who believe those that change with the times and the world are foolish and that by clinging to some imagined, invented past, they will be strong.
The times change because people change them.
Rather than blindly walking forward in the name of progress, anon, perhaps you should stop and ask yourself "am I even walking in the right direction?"
The assumption that all cultures have something good to offer, or that they are all equally objectively valid, is a dangerous one.
I am all for assimilating other cultures and progressing our own, but only based upon my culture's values, not some muddied mean.
>>
>>49296048

>human sacrifice
Nice meme.
>up and disappeared
So, keep the people who made the problem and get rid of the victimized?

>>49296052
White Americans are not European.
They made an objectively imbalanced and unfair system, whether they intended to or not.
Humanely speaking, they failed in creating a functioning society. Hard.
>>
>>49294951
If you love Europe so much why don't you marry it?
>>
>>49296119
>your police don't even go into some muslim neighborhoods.
Where? Which neighborhoods are no-go zones?
>>
>>49296059
>Make people, ALL people, better. Don't just remove segments and say the average is improved.
Either way, the average is improved.
It's far, far, far easier to get rid of the bottom 10%, than to improve them along with everyone else.
>>
File: Q5UAXpY.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
Q5UAXpY.png
43KB, 542x602px
>>49296090
As an American, A FUCKING LEAF. The frogs never deserved any of what they got. I feel so sorry for anyone having to live in western Europe, having a new terrorist attack in your country nearly every week, it must be a nightmare waking up every day and wondering if your home is next.
>>
File: sami.jpg (36KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
sami.jpg
36KB, 300x246px
>>49296053
I don't hate them for not being white.
I hate them for not being Finns. They are not my people, and don't belong here. Their roots are not here, their ancestors did not sacrifice their lives to fight for our freedom, or help to build our country to what it is right now. I hate them, for they are trespassing on soil that was never meant for their filthy feet. This is the land of my kin, not theirs.
I don't care what they do in their own lands.

>>49296059
>Make people, ALL people, better.
I don't see why my people should waste our resources in educating people who are not our kin.

>>49296060
Elven language motherfucker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD_TIrX7zu0&spfreload=1

Also, there are no eskimos here. We got Sami people up in the north though.

>>49296063
Weak b8.
>>
>>49296136
Fuck humanity. That's never what we intended to create.
>>
>>49294962
>American history doesn't go back far enough for most fantasy settings unless you want to base it on the Native Americans.
Or you could just go Frontier Fantasy. "Beyond the Black River" was always one of my favorite Conan stories.
>>
>>49296136
>So, keep the people who made the problem and get rid of the victimized?
Haha, now THIS is a nice meme.
The victimization excuse will hold water when the blacks are actually enslaved again, and especially when they're not paid to exist.
>>
>>49296124
>That's racist
It literally isn't though.

It would be racist to assume that other people couldn't adopt a different culture at all.
>>
>>49296075
All the infrastructure and education that was brought to the colonies was purely exploitative. We built railroads and educated miners, manufacturers and miners, so that we could better strip the land and bring its wealth back home. Once we left, there was nothing there to actually build a stable state, like the ones we had come from.

>>49296052
>brexit succeeded
>This is what the ignorant believe

>Pound is tanking and tanking hard
>Major businesses are looking to flee London to Paris
>Unemployment soaring
>Politicians openly lied about re-allocating funds to home interests
>Clamor for a second referendum
>Trade deals breaking down all over Europe
>One of the most powerful economies in the world rapidly losing any kind of influence
Yeah, sounds like a huge fucking success to me.

>>49296119
>There's a middleground
Did you even fucking READ my post? That is what I SAID. Treat them by our laws, let them adopt elements of OUR culture, while we look for good elements of THEIRS to take. A middle ground is LITERALLY MY WHOLE POINT.

>>49296150
There will always be a bottom 10%. Once you kill off the current lot, there'll be a NEW 10%. You want to justify killing them off too? Your logical conclusion is what, less than 100,000 on the planet and all of them no better than when they started. That's not improvement; that's reduction.
>>
>>49295793
Of course Lovecraft was influenced by Dunsany. I don't see how this should stop anyone from reading from his sources of inspiration.
>>
>>49296034
What face? There's no face in that pic - just a coward hiding behind his mama's bedsheet. Do better, cuck! Keep whining about the bad bad scary foreigners, they's all out to get ya!
>>
>>49294992
7- Have you tried not playing dnd
>>
>>49295976
>The greatest mistake man ever made was assuming that all men are equal
The assumption isn't that all men are equal, it's that all men deserve benefit of the doubt so should be treated equally unless they prove otherwise i.e. commit a crime.
>>
>>49296119
>Fucks sake, your police don't even go into some muslim neighborhoods.
Well you're a goddamned fucking liar, I live in Britain, there's a mosque next to a church down the road, When i was in school there were like two muslims (both of whom did incredibly well) I went to a catholic primary and a comprehensive, You know what's destroying my country? Some cunt decided that the NHS was worth fuck all and refused to train doctors, My country decided to tank it's courrency by 13% then laud the fact that nominal gdp went up by 1%, Some cunt decided that we need to go back to a failed 30 year old policy, Britain isn't being ruined by muslims, Britain's being ruined by greedy tory fucks, unelectable socialists and greedy tory fucks that wear red.
>>
>>49296136
>"bad things are white peoples' fault"
>european white countries are great
>"only american whites!"
Then it's not about being white you globalist shill, it's a problem with Americans.

>Americans failed in creating a functioning society
>that's why they have the world's largest GDP and are the most relevant country in the world with culture that reaches nearly everywhere
>>
>>49296177
What are you, a racist? Are you trying to erase those poor immigrants culture by forcing them to adopt your own subjective values?

>>49296183
>There will always be a bottom 10%. Once you kill off the current lot, there'll be a NEW 10%. You want to justify killing them off too? Your logical conclusion is what, less than 100,000 on the planet and all of them no better than when they started. That's not improvement; that's reduction.
You know, you could always just wait a few years until the population is at the level it was.
Also, who said anything about killing them off? There are a lot of ways to remove undesirable elements from your society in the long term.
>>
>>49296146
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/625545/Donald-Trump-Muslims-speech-British-police-ISIS-radicalisation-London

From the mouths of the police themselves.

>>49296183
Good on you for wanting to have migrants follow your laws and adopt your culture, now get the rest of your pussified countrymen to stand up with you and actually fucking do something to prevent another rotherham.
>>
>>49294929
Because it takes a long time to make your own world

http://immortalpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rakkaan_tribes
>>
>>49296052
Keep telling yerself that, bub - your spasms are amusing.
MOAR!
>>
>>49296192
And that was a mistake.
>>
File: Finnish elf.gif (2MB, 1067x720px) Image search: [Google]
Finnish elf.gif
2MB, 1067x720px
>>49296186
Stay mad, niggerlover.

>mfw police are hunting refugees who are trying to go underground after their asylum applications were rejected, by stopping random foreigners on the streets, asking them for their passports, and arresting those who can't show showcase that they have them, so that they can be deported.

The assmad of leftists and "refugee" apologists, is music to my ears.
>>
File: 10 dollar zoom in.png (124KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
10 dollar zoom in.png
124KB, 250x250px
>>49296248
>facts
>"keep telling yourself that!"
>>
File: _77183433_mir27.jpg (343KB, 624x810px) Image search: [Google]
_77183433_mir27.jpg
343KB, 624x810px
>>49296198
>muslims dindu nuffin i swear
>>
>>49296105
As I said arrogance, you dont solve issues like this.

Europe is not subtle when it wakes up. Shit is going to blow, you just have to get a grip for what people are saying and the disconnect to the politicians and upper leftists is staggering.
Most dont want a fucking war, they just want these people to go back to their own countries and solve their own shit.
>>
>>49294987
This is the correct answer.
>>
File: laugh.png (622KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.png
622KB, 510x512px
>>49296265
>asian

Gets me every time. Won't even call them what they are.
>>
>>49296153
>The frogs never deserved any of what they go

Sure they do

Every. Single. Bit.

>>49296160
>Elven language motherfucker.

That's based off of Welsh you stupid Eskimo
>>
>>49296099
Again, you're not seeing the map for the details - look harder, and you will see.
>>
>>49296286
Well, they're not wrong.

Heck, everything East is "Asia", apparently.
>>
File: Spurdo elf.jpg (117KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo elf.jpg
117KB, 1024x749px
>>49296287
Tolkien's Quenya was inspired by Finnish, you ignorant pleb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFsLYzFJk-c

As I said, ELVEN LANGUAGE MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
>>49296183
>All the infrastructure and education that was brought to the colonies was purely exploitative. We built railroads and educated miners, manufacturers and miners, so that we could better strip the land and bring its wealth back home. Once we left, there was nothing there to actually build a stable state, like the ones we had come from.

So fucking what? Really so fucking what? And are you really saying we took everything? Get a grip. We also left schools and hospitals.
>>
>>49296301
I see a terrible map that serves no purpose.
>>
>>49296265
>police fail to do their job and children are abused
These crimes were fucking deplorable, I believe in a meritocracy, The criminals were disgusting, but the social workers fears were fucking ludicrous, they had a responsiblity to those children and they failed to act, acting as though groups are defined by people inside of them is absurd, it'd be like me claiming all chrisitans are murderers because of the crusades.
>>
>>49295501
>not understanding just about all the other Semitic people have gone extinct
WEW LAD it's like you don't study history which every traditional gamer should do to understand the true depths of writers
>>
>>49296315
>Welsh right in the title

Wow Eskimo. You sure told me.
>>
>>49296183
>All the infrastructure and education that was brought to the colonies was purely exploitative. We built railroads and educated miners, manufacturers and miners, so that we could better strip the land and bring its wealth back home. Once we left, there was nothing there to actually build a stable state, like the ones we had come from.

>railroads
>mines
>refineries
>factories
>hospitals to take care of the workers
>housing
>efficient farming
Sounds like some useful infrastructure to me, fampai.
>>
>>49296286
They are Asian. Sorry if it offends your weeaboo master race fantasies but they literally are Asian. In fact, in the UK the term "Asian" generally refers specifically to brown Asians, and more specifically South Asians.
>>
>>49296340
>didn't even watch the video
Sindarin is based on Welsh.
There are two elvish tongues in Tolkien's work.
Quenya, and Sindarin. The former was inspired by Finnish, the later by Welsh.
>>
>>49296319
Russians also say they left hospitals and schools in Eastern Europe but actually was bydlos and poverty. Even East Germany hasn't caught up.
>>
>>49296367

Why watch the video? it's just about the Finnish language. A shame you guys didn't actually speak those languages. Maybe then your culture would actually be cool.

Typical. A Brit making things better.
>>
>>49295777
war is the heritage I'm proud of. we conquered near enough the entire earth, and we kicked the shit out of every non-white hostile natives we encountered until they either gave up or were genocided into irrelevance. you may hate to admit it but racism is just a part of human nature.
>>
>>49296369
What has fucking Russia have to do with anything?
>>
>>49294997
>>/tumblr/
>>
>>49296367
The finnish influence on Quenya was much reduced, practically only remaining in the suffixes.
>>
>>49296392
>moving the goalpost this hard.

Sad desu lad
>>
>>49296393
Yeah. Beating up on people with spears when you have guns is something to be proud of, alright
>>
>>49296393
That which is "natural" isn't necessarily good.
>>
>>49296410
Refer to
>>49296410
>>
File: b9d.png (11KB, 427x474px) Image search: [Google]
b9d.png
11KB, 427x474px
>>49296331
>I believe in a meritocracy
>>
>>49296411
That anon is probably the same guy who whines "w-why do niggers never fight fair ;_;" after getting jumped
"It's alright when we do it!" t. every racist ever
>>
>>49296231
>There are a lot of ways to remove undesirable elements
Yes, there is. Glad we agree. The best of these methods is edu-FUCKING-cation, as I already said.

>>49296243
>Good on you for wanting to have migrants follow your laws and adopt your culture
It's a two-way street. There's always SOMETHING good to take away from contact with another culture; we just have to find what that is with the culture the migrants bring with them. In the meantime however, our laws are the laws they must live by and at least from my perspective, they're a damn sight better than the ones they want to live under (otherwise, why would they have fled in the first place)?

>>49296265
>No other country has ever had a massive failure by regional police
>Nope, no sir. No country has ever had a disastrous failure on a local scale (in spite of national policy), except britcuckistan.

>>49296319
We left schools that trained worker drones, not leders; and we left empty hospitals. Funny how all that hospital equipment is worthless if you take the trained men and women who use it.
>>
>>49296395

>conquers shit
>leaves shit behind it

Gee I wonder if there was someone like this in Western Europe...
>>
>>49296411
of course. they didn't learn quick enough, and so they died. there's still fucking tribes with sticks in africa, do you think a race that assbackwards was meant to survive till today? i'd wager if britain didn't conquer africa then they'd all be dead by today.
>>
File: chibi laff.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
chibi laff.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>49296251
Can't pretend to goad me on after I goad YOU on, nigga!
Git good, faggot.
>>
File: spurdospede.png (10KB, 665x365px) Image search: [Google]
spurdospede.png
10KB, 665x365px
>>49296409
The initial spark was still in Tolkien discovering Finnish tongue.

Regardless, it is largely irrelevant to the overall discussion. This sad fuck is just attacking my nationality, instead of actually arguing any points.
>>
>>49296412
that which is natural is natural. morality is a human invention.
>>49296435
hypocrisy is natural. we want the best for ourselves.
>>
>>49296436
>The best of these methods is edu-FUCKING-cation, as I already said.
Not really; not everyone can be educated, as not everyone is equal. There are still going to be some people that just can't exist in society, and cannot be tolerated.
>>
>>49296428
Not even that guy, but a meritocracy is literally the only form of government that is worth exploring. Old feudalisms didn't work because they locked talented people out of positions of power and locked the talentless IN positions of power. Modern democracies don't work because it relies upon the average voter having half a fucking clue about the issues s/he is voting on and not just falling into factionalism.

Leadership by those best able to lead is the only government I consider to be worth the time of day. The issue then is that you must quantify 'ability to rule', as well as 'moral capability to rule'.
>>
Here's a better question:
Why do all far eastern campaign settings all fucking suck balls?
>>
>>49296452
Actually I don't need to anymore. I just needed to see how deluded Eskimos can be.

Enjoy being a footnote, my son.
>>
>>49296409

Agglutination too - to be fair this is a more generic feature but of the languages Quenya was based on only Finnish has this. Italian, Spanish and Latin do not.
>>
>>49296461
>naturalistic fallacy
lmao
>>
>>49296479
because it always devolves into anime, no matter what you do
>>
>>49296479
hardly anyone is well educated on the subject, and even if the GM knows what he's doing the players are going to be completely clueless
>>
>>49296315
See? These pathetic fags have to resort to outright lies, just to make themselves feel good. He's getting btfo all over this thread, yet still goes on sperging because he doesn't even know his own lies anymore. Just a frightened voice crying in the cold dark for his mommy.
>>
File: smug spurdo.png (68KB, 606x539px) Image search: [Google]
smug spurdo.png
68KB, 606x539px
>>49296483
You sure showed me son with all those insults.
>>
>>49296492
He never said it was good, only that it was natural.
>>
consider: the forgotten realms

PROS:
>not restricted to tolkien-esque, scandanavian and germanic mythology
>mirrors the geopolitical scene in the 13/1400s, with little to no expansion in to the equivalents of america or australia
>fucking aboriginal australian setting. where else have you heard of a fantasy game inspired by pre-colonist australia?
>has a number of distinct asian-inspired cultures, including splitting the japan equivalent in to two islands, one which is pre-sakoku, one for mid-sakoku. they even thought of lil ol' nepal.
>big ol' chain of islands to the south for good times as a salty pirate

CONS
>lore is convoluted as shit
>also has the europe equivalent smack bang at the centre of all the lore
>elves native to the america equivalent are savages who kill everything on sight
>they didn't even bother with the entire african continent for some reason

this map isn't official or anything but it's the tidiest view of toril that i've seen.
>>
>>49296492
the naturalistic fallacy describes that which is natural as being good. i just said it's natural and that the concept of good doesn't exist.
>>
>>49296496
Point to a single lie I said.
>>
>>49296319
>point refuted
>"So fucking what?"
The state today's /pol/, everyone! Fuck, you guys used to be good at this.
>>
>>49296494
I'm referring to professionally written campaign settings from Japanese/Chinese authors.
>>
>>49296327
Then you don't understand J.R.R. Tolkien or his works. Too bad: he was quite brilliant.
>>
>>49296477
>Leadership by those best able to lead is the only government I consider to be worth the time of day.

you literally just described feudalism
>>
>>49296500
>elves native to the america equivalent are savages who kill everything on sight
So completely accurate then.
>>
>>49296507

It's because /pol/ has left schools behind.
>>
>>49296345
Yeah, anon - useful to the colonial masters, NOT the colonized slaves.
Do try harder, cupcake!
>>
>>49296521
I understand and admire Tolkien very much. That map doesn't show Middle-Earth.
>>
>>49296479
Because Orientalists do it. And Orientalists are fucking retards.
>>
>>49296358
Do it; what are you waiting for? Start the war.
>>
>>49294992
rollan.
>>
>>49296542
>people can't use mines, factories, and railroads for their own industry
Well golly gee, I guess nations aren't allowed to exploit their own resources! It always has to come from somewhere else!

Protip: A mine is just as good for mining your own metals, as it is for mining metals for your colonial masters.
>>
>>49296515
>campaign settings from Japanese/Chinese authors
Oh. Less practice, different cultures.

Japanese settings are usually stained with the brush of anime, more often than not for the worse. They also seem to have a harder time distancing themselves from their own culture in writing, but that might just be my own ignorance speaking.
>>
>>49296497
No. You showed me.

"We survived, so am proud. Look at this mediocre thing, and that mediocre thing, and oh hay, an English dude once paid attention to us"

But never flourished, and never shall.
>>
>>49296561
That didn't work?
>>
>>49294998
And you think the other races are different?
>>
>>49296500
>lore is convoluted as shit

That's far to lenient and you know it, even the designers have no fucking clue what's going on any more, for example there's basically 3 continuities that sometimes influence each other and sometimes don't.
>>
>>49296470
So kys already.
>>
>>49296530
>>49296530
i'm going to blog so hard about this post, just you wait and fucking see
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>49296583
This then?
>>
>>49296597
wow rude
>>
>>49296579
I could have listed more stuff, but I have no interest in having an autismal argument with a fucktard whose first response to my posts was a pathetic attempt at attacking my people.

There was no serious discussions to be had with you.
>>
>>49296477
The biggest hurdle of any form of government is humanity's tendency to create people who break the rules. Any system looks good in theory and on paper, but will fall apart becasue apparently people don't have enough foresight to take the fucking rulebreakers into account. I like the idea of a meritocracy, but it will be hard to implement. What if a person meets the requirement for ruling but turns out to abuse the power? They get overthrown, but what measures are in place to prevent the next guy from doing the same thing? Who is the one who decide whether or not the ruler has crossed the line or not? How do keep it from falling into factionalism, fascism, or communism?
>>
>>49296505
He already did.
>>
>>49296479
Generally it only hits the superficial aspects, so you get a coat of paint over a normal adventure

On the off chance you get deeper aspects and actual far eastern stories they're almost certainly not going to hit all the tropes and conventions you're used to and expect, it'll be designed to resonate with values that are different to your own: overall it's likely to come off as weird and somewhat unfinished while important nuances are lost because the story is different to the ones you've seen in various forms growing up
>>
>>49296620
He didn't.
I made no lie.
Tolkien was inspired by Finnish when he developed Quenya. He himself stated that.
>>
>>49296527
No, feudalism is 'the guy with the most stuff is in charge'. Meritocracy is 'the guy with the most brains is in charge'. I know YOU can't see the difference, but the lurkers can.
>>
>>49296598
You should blog about how the native americans were savages that killed and scalped anyone that didn't belong to their tribe.
>>
>>49296617
The answer to all of these questions are "eugenics and social engineering".

Instead of making sure that everyone from now on are good citizens, you just need to make sure that the people who get the ball rolling are good citizens.
>>
>>49296538
They just shout, now - they used to come up with reasoned points. Now it's just who can yell the longest while ignoring every other post. Pathetic.
>>
File: ft-hci.png (122KB, 536x525px) Image search: [Google]
ft-hci.png
122KB, 536x525px
>>49296579
they are "flourishing" as we speak retard
>>
because Europe is a beautiful place that we're unable to go to, like Lothlorien.
>>
>>49296671

What's the point of making a reasoned post on a forum that is anonymous when ten shouts arguing the same thing (or the opposite) can be posted over the same time?
>>
>>49296609
> serious discussions

Finn, where do you think you are?
I mean, if you wanted serious discussion, you could've actually tried to sound serious. But instead you were just acting like one of those overproud nationalist retards from countries people barely think of who jumped on the anti-muslim bandwagon. Seriously, people like you are in no short supply. And all are deluded by fantasies of cultural greatness.

If you were a Brit, a Russian, an Iranian or even one of those god-damned Frogs, I would've taken you seriously. But you're a Finn. You may was well have been South African for all of the important you have.

Thanks for Lordi, tho.
>>
>>49296545
Oh my god - that map show middle earth superimposed over middle earth. It couldn't be more clear. Are you six? Check out some maps online - topographic maps. Check out differing ocean levels through history. Open your mind to a slightly different way of seeing. (And it may help to look at the map with Saxon or dwarven eyes: that is, consider the top of the map to be East.)
>>
>>49296706
>But instead you were just acting like one of those overproud nationalist retards from countries people barely think of who jumped on the anti-muslim bandwagon.
And you attack him for not sounding serious?
Prejudice drips from your posts.
>>
File: 1464390305085.jpg (89KB, 970x724px) Image search: [Google]
1464390305085.jpg
89KB, 970x724px
>>49296565
>denying this hard
Y-you're just pretending to be stupid, right anon? You don't actually expect us to believe that you are this pants-on-head retarded, do you? You're actually gonna pretend that uneducated folk can do what educated folk can do. Mmmm-kay.
>>
>>49296769
Have you actually read his posts?
>>
>>49296605
Hey, you suggested that some can't be tolerated - he only proffered a viable solution.
>>
>>49296780
>You're actually gonna pretend that uneducated folk can do what educated folk can do. Mmmm-kay.
So you're saying that blacks are fucking retarded? That's racist of you, anon.

>>49296798
Yes, and I've read yours as well. You're both smug cunts.
>>
>>49296714
>that map show middle earth superimposed over middle earth
It doesn't.
>>
>>49296844
>Yes, and I've read yours as well. You're both smug cunts.

Good man.
And prejudice? Yes. I won't deny it.
>>
>>49296780
>be arab
>have oil
>pay for thousands of foreign high-skilled specialists to handle it
>get millions of south asian muslims to do your shit jobs for pennies and for the honor of coming to the Prophet's land
>be filthy rich

And all for the price of some Turkish and Franco-British "oppression"
>>
>>49294998
>conquered the americas
>cut up africa between themsleves
>used an entire continent as a prison because lol we already have enough land
>accidently bought india
>forced china into humiliating treaties

Counterpoints
>one person survived the attempted colonization of afganistan
>ethiopia
>zulus won a battle against a gunpowder army with IRON AGE WEAPONS HOLY SHIT
>>
>>49296056
That too.
>>
>>49296646
Scalping was introduced by the french and english masters as proof of kills for bounty. Genocidal wars were not fought here til eurotrash arrived. Lern histroy.
>>
>>49296899
>Genocidal wars were not fought here til eurotrash arrived

uhhh
>>
File: 1464358669667.png (100KB, 258x330px) Image search: [Google]
1464358669667.png
100KB, 258x330px
>>49296661
Worked reel gud.
>>
>>49296892
>zulus won a battle against a gunpowder army with IRON AGE WEAPONS HOLY SHIT

Was that when Shaka was still around and kicking?

He was a boss dude apparently.

Also a butcher and an asshole.
But I mean...y'know, warrior king
>>
>>49296899
What >>49296909 said.

uhhh
>>
>>49296675
Well, you got us: Finland, right now, is flourishing! This is their moment!! Behold their flourishment, and how flourishy it is! WOW - what's next for those flourishing finns? They've really got the world by the tail now! Everyone wants to be finn! WEW
>>
>>49296933
They weren't iron age weapons entirely, that's just films being films. The Zulus also had muskets, some rifles, and like many native tribes they were provided with some reasonable support weapons from other European powers.

I know in India at least, primitive native armies sometimes rushed into battle backed up by (then) modern artillery.
>>
>>49296697
THe point? Well, shouting doesn't do anything - a reasoned argument may actually get thru to someone casually lurking. The 'shouting' just entertains the trolls doin' the shouting. It's meaningless wankery, done purely for self-pleasure. The people who are taking the time to make reasoned, logical, rational posts are actually having a direct influence on the people who are calmly reading all this.
So, yeah, the trolls are busy jerking themselves off, but the folks with the good arguments are the ones who are actually being heard.
>>
>>49296876
>And prejudice? Yes. I won't deny it.
then whats the point in arguing with you
>>
>>49297026
I thought we were done. Finn got what he wanted, I got what I wanted.
>>
>>49296917
>krauts
>good citizens
There's your problem
>>
>>49297025
Who's going to be calmly reading 4chan willing to read a substantiated arguments and ignore nonsense?
>>
>>49296769
The butthurt...the butthurt.....owie
>>
>>49297066
>...
>......
kys
>>
>>49296844
Please, nigga - racist? Lack of education has no race - you are proof of that.
You need betta b8
>>
>>49295726

This post makes me more ashamed to be a Finn than all the shitty memes from Ylilauta combined.
>>
>>49297106
>Please, nigga - racist?
I guess it's a shame that the Africans never learned how to use all that stuff when the Euros were making them work it, then :^)

>Lack of education has no race
Statistically, it does

>you are proof of that.
R U D E
>>
File: oh-god-im-retarded-copy.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
oh-god-im-retarded-copy.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>49296966
>haha look at those finns and their developed country lol so retarded amiright
>>
>>49296884
Thanks for proving my point, idjit. Uneducated arabs couldn't do shit - they needed educated folks to do it for them. And instead of educating their people so they can do it themselves, they just hoard all the money and buy white whores.
You suck at this.
>>
>>49296892
But anon: white people didn't do that. White people were busy living in the filthy streets and farms of europe. The people who did that were RICH people, not white people - they used white people as their slaves, to kill anyone too poor to stop them.
How does it feel to push another person's agenda? How does it feel to fight for another person to have power over you? How it feel to slave, nigga?
>>
>>49296909
Hey, it's true, yo - history sucks when it don't support your narrative, amirite?>>49296944
>>
>>49297130

>being ashamed because a random countryman does retarded shit on the internet

You some kinda cuck-boy or something?
>>
>>49297222
Bro

Aztecs, bro.
>>
>>49297060
They are out there, and there's more of them than you'd think.
>>
>>49296331
>if you go after muslims, even child molesters, the public will turn against you and call you bigots, you may lose your livelihood and will be reviled by the people you're trying to protect

The police and social workers failed, but the batshit insane leftists of England set them up to do so.
>>
>>49297157

Those Arab elites are no different from any Western millionaires/billionaires. The education to handle a refinery is not of any special value unless you can't pay for someone to do it for you.
>>
>>49296436
Name a positive aspect of middle eastern culture brought to England with migrants not already present to some degree.

What do you suggest be done when migrants refuse to assimilate/follow English law?
>>
>>49296706
>could have been south african

Ha right about that but atleast we have the excuse of not being around for very long. Otherwise we did okay against the british there for a year (before getting zerg rushed) and performed admirably in ww1. Also some important research in oil or something. Doesn't matter I'm just glad someone mentioned us.
>>
>>49297134
behold the troll!
Statistically, you're an idiot if you believe in unsorted facts regarding 'race'.
>inb4 rood!
And thanks for admitting that Africa is shit because they were enslaved! Glad you're finally on the right side of history.
>>
>>49296483
>you're a shitty footnote
>that's why migrants want to go there

If they're so shit, why do you care if they keep others out?
>>
>>49297139
KEK
>hurr durr Finland is DEVELOPED
Way to go!! You guys finally made it!! We all knew you could do it!!!
>>
>>49297324
I don't. I just think it's funny that they're shit yet they think they're based
>>
>>49297246
Killed all the men - not genocide. Facts are your friend.
>>
File: 098[1].jpg (299KB, 700x1690px) Image search: [Google]
098[1].jpg
299KB, 700x1690px

I thought this thread was about fantasy settings.
>>
>>49297269
>I failed at my job
>but it's totally some other guy's fault
>that lefty liberal/righty conservative guy over there
Fuck, grow up.
>>
>>49297359
>they're shit
>top or near top of many development indexes

why are you dumb
>>
>>49297372
Um

No, that's still genocide, bro. Infact, that;'s, like, a very, very big part of genocide.

Kill all the men
Rape all the women
>>
>>49297321
>Statistically, you're an idiot if you believe in unsorted facts regarding 'race'.
>facts are racist
ZOZZLE

>And thanks for admitting that Africa is shit because they were enslaved! Glad you're finally on the right side of history.
Africa was always shit, but it was less shit with the Europeans in charge, and is marginally less shit in areas now than it was before.
>>
>>49297393
So is my own country. the difference is, my country actually matters a little bit, and doesn't try to come off as more awesome than it actually is.
>>
>>49297385
>"Europe" in the OP
What did you expect?
>>
>>49297282
You nailed it.
>unless you can't pay for someone to do it for you
You can be as stupid as you like so long as you can pay a smart person to do it for you. Is this really the argument you are going to take? Because, as you know, the people who do the work rule the world - the people who pay for it merely think they rule. What happens when no one shows up to work the refinery? Nothing! And no amount of money will change it. So those poor arab cucks are sitting on top of a refinery that then does nothing. How good are they then? About as good as them african countries that also can't do shit all for themselves. The only reason arabs are rich is because the west needs oil, and is sending its educated engineers east to get that oil. When the oil's gone, the arabs go back to being poor, just like africa. Because they didn't bother to educate their people.
I love how you're arguing for mass human enslavement, though.
>>
>>49297060
I do. Conversations seem genuine when people call each other faggots or praise them for ideas that stand on their own merits.
>>
>>49297395
genocide is wiping out the entire gene pool. raping the women leaves half the gene pool intact. not genocide.
>>
File: 1453039648117-3.png (213KB, 800x762px) Image search: [Google]
1453039648117-3.png
213KB, 800x762px
>>49297417
>any other country
>relevant
>>
>>49297400
keep trying - you're almost there
>>
>>49297499

See, if I were to accept that, then alot of the genocides that happened would have to be reclassified as simply massacres.
>>
>>49297502
>thinking I'm some silly Scandinavian
>>
>>49297517
Well, what would you call it if only the women were massacred? The men are obviously NOT going to be raped....is it genocide then?
>>
>>49297502
So, wait: are finns just fucking mongol leftovers? kek
>>
>>49297372

Read the UN definition. You do not need to kill every single person so long as your policy is intended to destroy the cultural (or other) group.

That said, the UN definition is a political cpnstruction. For example: It included class groups until Stalin got his hands on it and realized he would be responsible for genocide under the law unless he got it changed.
>>
>>49297468
>Because, as you know, the people who do the work rule the world - the people who pay for it merely think they rule.

No they don't - their servitude to their bosses is a fact. This is why monarchies and elites came about before the metal ages and why marxism never took off without vangurad parties and permanent dictatorships.

The Gulf Arabs have enough from oil that they can install contignencies (and are) before it runs out. They will never be as bad off as Africa or Pakistan/India or the Balkan Slavs even if they will not have as much influence without oil.
>>
>>49297551
there's a reason they call them finngolians. their lands and women were ravaged by the hunns ages ago and now it's part of their genes.
>>
>>49297509
No, go fuck yourself
>>
>>49297541
Good question, that.

Would genocide and ethnic cleansing be different things? I've heard them used interchangeably, and I thought they were synonymous.
>>
>>49297539
>>49297551
>getting this triggerd
>>
>>49297541

Not him but yes, obviously. The culture is dead at that point. The genetic lineage no longer exists in its previous form either.

Under your definition there were no 20th crntury genocides. Lel
>>
>>49297576
> I'm being called out.
> I should accuse them of being triggered, lololo
>>
File: 1444496397307.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1444496397307.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>>49297586
I *am* him

And technically the culture wouldn't be dead of men were still alive.

...I...I think...
>>
>>49297596
>im getting triggerd
>I should claim that im not triggerd lololo
>>
>>49297206
Pretty badly, which is propably why my forefathers threw up their hands and moved farther inland after the british got cape town. Still imperialism stings once you realize hardly anyone benifited from it while it was happening.
>>
>>49294929
Some one never played exalted.
>>
>>49297565

Nah, that's the germans or something - goths were slaves of the huns. Finn and Hungarian memes come from the 19th century theory of Ural-Altaic language family. The genetic substrate in Finland is from lapps.
>>
>>49297640
>he's not triggered
>better claim that he is triggered even though he isn't lololo
>>
File: superior setting.png (376KB, 1676x869px) Image search: [Google]
superior setting.png
376KB, 1676x869px
Eh, Europe is overdone. This is the superior setting if you extend it slightly to encompass all of Greece and beyond the balkan/all fo caspian sea.

I might be biased because the novel I'm writing is basically taking place in the collapsed Not!Achaemenid Empire
>>
>>49297553
See? Facts change, depending upon who gets to decide what are facts. Genocide is only what Stalin allows it to be - which, in our case, is a narrow definition that allowed him to murder most of Ukraine. NOt a very good definition for the ukrainians.....
>>
>>49297714
It wasn't most of Ukraine senpai.
>>
>>49297562
>their servitude is a fact
until it isn't, then what? then their world falls apart - unless they have an armed force ready to push their agenda for them. But again - who controls that armed force? Ostensibly, the rich folk; but, in reality the armed force is a force in and of itself. If it so chose, it could, quite easily, depose the wealthy elites and install itself as leader. I mean, the wealthy don't have tanks and guns - the soldiers have them.
>>
>>49294929
It's a good starting point before you drag groups into weirder bullshit.
>>
File: 1473356878155.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1473356878155.gif
3MB, 200x180px
>>49297571
That's the butthurt, right there - you're adorable!
>>
>>49297575
I assume so. And, to be sure, such a situation would never occur; but what if it did? What would it be called?
>>
>>49297672
>dude im getting so triggerd rights now lol
>i better keep responding that will show them how im not triggerd lololo
>>
>>49297748

>What if the wageslaves rose up?

Someone built a big theory on that, it didn't amount to much except creating dictatorships which really didn't differ from ones that didn't apply the theory.

The soldiers won't take over in Gulf Arab countries because the tribal allegiances to make an unified front. Makes it a pretty bad military in a real conflict against another state but those aren't in sight.
>>
File: 1464386678037.jpg (416KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
1464386678037.jpg
416KB, 1280x932px
>>49297576
>>
>>49297784
>trigger the trigger trigger, nigger
> triggering tigger lolololo
>>
>>49297779
"Culling"?

I am not sure.

"the Purge"
>>
>>49297417
And what white majority country do you live in?
>>
>>49297586
Why is the 'culture' dead at that point? It could still be carried on by the men/women/survivors, could it not? And 'culture' has absolutely nothing to do with blood/genetics. True, there would be blood/genetic alterations: is this a significant thing? For species diversity, yes, obviously; but for 'racial' politics? Does the genetics of a group affect its culture? Is genocide a wiping out of genetics, or a wiping out of culture? Which is more important? Where are all these questions coming from? Aaaaaaaa!
>>
>>49297611
It gets deep quick!
>>
>>49297648
And imperialism happens to you whether yer white, or black, or green - rich enslaving poor, because they can. Has nothing to do with race.
I like your forefathers, anon! But we are running out of room in which to flee from these tyrannical fuckers.
>>
>>49297658
So they ARE eskimos!
>>
File: 1464389901271.jpg (18KB, 580x508px) Image search: [Google]
1464389901271.jpg
18KB, 580x508px
>>49297726
>>
File: 5468.png (420KB, 2202x2753px) Image search: [Google]
5468.png
420KB, 2202x2753px
>>49297887

Lets consider this: analysis of ancient DNA revealed there is not a single ethnicity in Europe that resembles stone-age hunter gatherers of Europe ("Loschbour" from Luxembourg 8000 years ago is an example). Conquering migrations have swept over everything. Sardinians are pretty close to late stone age farmers though. But everyone is rape baby
>>
>>49297887
>m-mug tyranny
Get fucked, savage
>>
>>49296995
Plus there was that part of history where levies would be armed with pointed sticks and told to charge the enemy, who had muskets.

This was in Europe.
>>
>>49297798
>Someone built a big theory on that, it didn't amount to much except creating dictatorships which really didn't differ from ones that didn't apply the theory
Yes, but that theory didn't take human nature into account - it assumed an enlightened elite; and there ain't no such thing. At best, the elite might develop a sense of enlightened self-interest; but that's a far cry from being a platonic ideal. All leadership models fail because people with power suck. People use their power for shitty things. Shitty selfish things that hurt others. We are, fundamentally, viciously selfish. It takes great effort and training to be selfless.
>>
>>49298012
Methods of governance under radically distributed power are always interesting to consider, though. The Somalis have a form of pluralistic judicial system, where there's no formal institution, but there's absolutely a formal structure, and it's followed to the letter. The Xeer, I think it was called. There are also really interesting -- again, in concept, perhaps not in practice -- structures under libertarian socialist thinking, democratic confederalism, autonomism, syndicalism, and so on.
>>
>>49297842
People's Republic of China? India? Indonesia? Taiwan? Egypt? South Africa? Bolivia? Venezuela? Mexico?
>>
>>49295777
The first paragraph is a lie.
>>
File: 1225295761818.gif (35KB, 165x255px) Image search: [Google]
1225295761818.gif
35KB, 165x255px
>>49297913
> I can't into humour

>Holy shit im so triggerd i can barley type lol
>barley
>>
>>49297964
Oh, deary me! The cuck in his mama's basement is rustled. Better scream NIGGERS! JEWS!! like a good little goyim.
>>
File: 1466481523616.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466481523616.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>49295777
>ITT: Anon is triggered by the moonmen

How do people even fall for such blatant shitposting?
>>
The human sex drive isn't colorblind, as evidenced by pornsite categories. And for as long as it is not, neither am i.
>>
>>49298152
>implying Der Juden aren't the master race
Goy
>>
>>49298012
You miss the crucial part: time. Feudalism initially worked well for peasants. But later generations were exploited hard. Even if you have an enlightened Elite, it will become corrupted without oversight and a whip. Part of why the NSA sux.
>>
>>49298057
Interesting. Some good is arising from the ashes of this poor thread. We NEED distributed, collective power. We NEED our individual rights honored in a SOCIALLY CONSTRUCTIVE way. (We need to be respected as individuals and have individual power; but this cannot be used to weaken the social fabric i.e. we cannot use our individual power to spin off into selfishness and division.)
>>
>>49298120
it was just le funny joke guise I'm not actully triggerd I was just pretending lol look at this typo lolololo
>>
>>49298077
>venezeula
Particularly kekworthy. Please show me the charts these countries have positions on comparable to finland.
>>
File: 0743222564782568797.jpg (52KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
0743222564782568797.jpg
52KB, 554x439px
>>49298231
I just don't understand how pointing out that I'm not a silly Scandinavian counts as somehow being triggered
>>
>>49298209
That's the trick - the peasants needed protection, the church sanctioned feudalism (i.e. give this goon half your shit, he'll wack anybody who bugs you), and then the corruption set in (i.e. the goon got greedy, took all your shit, then wacked you and brought in new peasants, took all their shit....). I would argue there was no enlightened elite, or if there was, it was for perhaps only one generation at the beginning. People will always look for an advantage over others. And use it. Hence corruption.
>>
>>49298303
Evolutionarily a group within a species is more successful if it has more members. So...
>>
I thought we turfed the finnfaggots out of this thread. Fuck off back to lapland, eskimo-cuck! You've derailed enuf today.
>>
>>49297842
Canada

And yes, it is white. Ridiculously so.
>>
>>49298345
>Finland is high in development indexes
>SO IS MY COUNTRY
>which country? which indexes?
>WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE

jesus fucking christ people like you make it hard to be a liberal.

>>49298370
t. Zhang
>>
>>49298385
>It has non whites in it
>therefore it is not a white majority country

Oh you guise
>>
>>49298422
it's just banter

Some autist (perhaps you) was just shitting on a Finn because the Finn said Finland is a good country.
>>
>>49298435
I think that Autist was shitting on a Finn because the Finn said Finland was superior and hoped every other country got destroyed because Finn didn't care.
>>
>>49298385
Development indices are cuck indices

>we have 5 million norwegians, so what if the number will be smaller in 100 years while there'll be 10x more Nigerians, highest gdp in yurop ayy lmao

>
>>
File: green grocer.jpg (18KB, 514x344px) Image search: [Google]
green grocer.jpg
18KB, 514x344px
>>49298478
Yeah I'm sure he was being 100% sincere and not being silly on 4chan.

>>49298483
>Finnland rates highly on these indices
>SO DOES MY COUNTRY
>which country?
>WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE SO WE WON EVOLUTION
>what does that have to do with the indices
>KEK LISTS

okay

A society that lives in comfort and luxury vs a society that rapidly reproduces in squalor. Yeah, I can see why you think the latter is great.
>>
>>49298539

I bet you think dodos were the best thing ever too
>>
>>49298539
>Yeah I'm sure he was being 100% sincere and not being silly on 4chan.

Well.... >>49295726
Be the judge
>>
>>49298478
This is objectively correct.
>>
File: john darnielle cat.png (2MB, 1022x679px) Image search: [Google]
john darnielle cat.png
2MB, 1022x679px
>>49298571
>"I don't care if bad things happen to non-finns"
>LOOK HE HOPES EVERY OTHER COUNTRY GETS DESTROYED

I'm not even going to ask you if you're serious.
>>
>>49298571
People are paying attention - you rock! And you have judged correctly.
>>
>>49298597
Well, we can all see that, if you're in fact serious, you are fucking shit-eating retarded. Thanks for the laff, lapp.
>>
>>49298616
>implying i'm finnish
>ignoring the blatant lie after it's pointed out

i just like internet fights m8, you put words in the mouth of the finn.
>>
>>49298597
Do all finns think like this? How can one shitty country be so deluded? Like, this is nazi germany levels of hubris, m80.
>we don't WANT all other countries to die
>we merely don't care if they do
That's some sick levels of ignorance.
>>
>>49298654

All true nationalists think like this.
>>
>>49298654
>who cares if he didn't say what I said he did!
>it was somewhat similar!
>they're nazis anyways!
>Do all finns think like this? One of them said it on 4chan!

Fuck you're dumb.

>>49298665
>people who prefer that their nation work for the benefit of their nation are excluded from caring about others

Every day the idea that shills are here seems more believable.
>>
>>49298640
>blatant lie
Oh, anon! You just ain't that clever, are you? Fuckin' cucks can't even keep up with their own argument. Do try to hide behind nihilism, though - it suits you. Do try to pretend to be all equanimity and such, when in fact you are just arrogant and selfish and uncaring. Not good survival traits in a social milieu, anon. Not good at all...The guy who stands alone dies alone, while the rest of us are warm and singing by the fire.
>>
>>49298699
I've made zero nihilistic arguments and I'm not even that finn. Sorry you intentionally misquoted him and got called on it.
>>
>>49298665
Yeah, that's the very definition of nationalism. Pretty dumb. And so many suckers fall for it. Too bad they don't realize they're being used to further someone else's agenda.
>>
>>49298725
>backpedaling this hard
Sure, bud, sure.
And no one got misquoted - you just seem to be hoping no one notices that you're lying. The equivalency of those statements is blatant - pretending that the one does not mean the other is just weak argumentation, bub. Hiding behind your mother's skirt would be more manly. Do better.
>>
>>49298694

I was talking about true nationalists. There are also "cooperative" nationalists who are just useful idiots - and as in Lenin's times Moscow is who they work for whether they know it or not, and everyone east of Germany gets Ukraine'd if they get their way.
>>
>>49298765
>"I don't care what happens to them" is equal to "I hope they are destroyed"

Show me one nihilistic argument I've made

>mom's skirt

I thought you globalists didn't make gendered insults or something

>>49298784
>I was talking about true scotsmen
>>
>>49298784
When you say cooperative nationalists, you mean people who sound nationalistic (and may believe they are truly) but who really operate for another country's benefit?
>>
>>49298839

Yes. But in fairness even a truly isolationist nationalist can work for another country's benefit. Imagine a Latvian Nationalist who wants to drop out of Nato and UN and kill all jews & russians in Latvia, that's the kind of Latvian an expansionist Russian politician likes the most.
>>
>>49298800
>globalist
What the fuck you talkin about nigga? I'm just against stupid. Keep arguing for the rightness of your depraved indifference, fool.
America is the biggest nationalistic nation there is. They don't give a shit about any other country on the earth. And yet, they still engage with the rest of the world every single day; they NEED the world; they NEED the world to be stable; they NEED the world to be productive; they NEED the world to be safe. So, they spend TRILLIONS of dollars worth of their national treasure and THOUSANDS of human lives going about the world making sure other countries do not fail. WHY, you ask? Because it is IN THEIR INTERESTS that the world function effectively.
If Americans can realize this, what in the actual fuck is wrong with Finland that it CAN'T realize this? Huh?
Go on, argue that 'not caring one whit' about a country is in your national interests. Do it. It won't work, though. So you won't.
And I still love how you insist on parsing the 'difference' between not caring about anothers' fate and wishing them ill will. Indifference is no better than malevolence, anon. It's just a better, more moral-sounding excuse.
>>
>>49298982
ANYONE can be turned into a 'useful idiot' by knowledgeable agents provocateur. That's the problem....We've got some useful idiots itt unknowingly pushing for their own demise with their nationalistic wank. Divide and conquer is apparently a phrase these poor idiots aren't familiar with.....
>>
>>49298999
>it's good for countries to be stable
>so why can't finland realize they need middle eastern refugees!?

>indifference is no better than malevolence anon
>hating others isn't any different than having no strong emotions towards them!

k
>>
File: 1470506147596.jpg (52KB, 540x412px) Image search: [Google]
1470506147596.jpg
52KB, 540x412px
>>49299140
>strawman this hard
kekkles
>>
>>49296401
Sorry, but that's just true
>>
>>49295903
Africa has it's own myths, but they're not really much different than European ones for the most part. I actually draw more on Southern spiritualism, New Age shit, and Indian mythology for my setting, though there's still a European inspired place in the setting, because that's the easiest thing for some people to relate to.

Black American, btw
>>
>>49295777
>I'm white British. I'm generally proud to be white and British and I believe it's my duty to help improve my nation

>Your nationalism and racism is poisoning your own well.

Seems like you're a hypocrite. Being proud of being white/British means that to a certain degree you feel "special" or "better" than other nations/peoples.

No worries though. Muhammad is already the most popular boys name in England.

Diversity will rape the nationalism out of you and with it, white Britain.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.