[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Naruto Worldbuilding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 1458369610042.gif (426KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1458369610042.gif
426KB, 500x283px
I want to make a collaborative setting alongisde /tg/, lously inspired by Naruto.

Premises:

>Power levels are caped at Kakashi vs Zabusa fight. That is what a high level jonin can do. The most legelndary of ninjas like Madara can be taken in a fair fight by 10 jonin. We don't have Sages and other powerhouses that can blow mountains with a punch.

>Biju are nuclaer bombs. Nothing can stand in a fight against one. Currently they are used as MAD deterrent.

>No TV, computers, radio and the likes.

>20% of world population has chakra and a total of 3% are people from clans.

>We have ninjas, swordsmen and monks.

Ninjas are mostly the same: small highly trained armies in a medieval setting.

Monks are engineers/physicists, they develop new jutsu, seals and research chakra proprieties. Really good ones are highly thought by governments since a well set multi people jutsu can bring down cities.

>Swordsmen. Normal people are outclassed in a fight against a trained chakra user. But people hated it and found a way out. A chakra seal is applied to the user body as a tattoo, when activated it enchances the body muscles. It is a skill any trained ninja can easily do, but a person without a chakra system has to rely on external, tattoed chakra channels. This allows the user to match ninjas speed and strenght in a CQC. The chakra source is usually inside the sword (P.S. you can't store chakra in inanimate objects).

Any idea/comment is welcome. What cool ideas you have seen in various fanfictions. WHat concpets from the original show are your favorite and/or are salvageable?
>>
File: 1344957850223.jpg (279KB, 613x599px) Image search: [Google]
1344957850223.jpg
279KB, 613x599px
>>49291519
Can tell the origin of ninja nd ninja animals if anyone is intrested...
>>
>>49291519
That's cute, OP. But seriously, you shouldn't do that.

My best advice would be to forget about Naruto. Even If I liked that manga at it's begginings, with those gritty and tactical battles opposing mainly child soldiers in a fantasy setting, it then quickly became a cancerous and bland setting of powerlevels vs powerlevels towards the end. Your standard everyday shonen crap. Don't try to copy that, even loosly, because it's bad material.

>WHat concpets from the original show are your favorite and/or are salvageable?

This is actually the question you should be asking to yourself. What do (you) liked about it ? What are the elements, the concepts, that you found interesting in it ? And I'm not talking about specific characters or capabilities or wathever, but about the overall concepts that you found intriguing and/or simply fun.

Anwser that question, then use and redefine those concepts as the basis for your own universe. Remember that it doesn't necessarily has to be something about ninjas, or even an asian themed setting. But If you prefer it to be that way, that's fine as well. Just try not to let the little weeaboo inside of you taking full control of what could otherwise develop into an interesting setting.
>>
File: Kimimaro_Puppet_2_by_shinkita.jpg (115KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
Kimimaro_Puppet_2_by_shinkita.jpg
115KB, 1032x774px
>>49292556
fair points.

>What do (you) liked about it ?
I liked that we have 3rd generation warfare in a medieval setting. Maybe even 4th generation as ninjas easily hide themself among civilian population.

I liked the nuclear bombs equivalenet in a fantasy setting. The precarious power balance of the cold war.

I liked the aestethics (the weapons, the clothing, Kishimoto really do an amazing job when he bothers adding details to his drawings)

Even child soldiers was a nice concept tha toculd have been explroed so much further.

THe fighting style that alternates, cqc, launching stuff at enemies and teleporting around the battlefield.
>>
>>49292737
so taken all together I guess this just means a fantastical setting where magical abilities augment physical combat (as opposed to being a separate thing), and the world has been involved in an extremely long-running war leading to the development of extremely dangerous weapons and requiring the use of child soldiers to continue meeting the demand.

As someone who doesn't really like Naruto, when you phrase it like that it actually sounds pretty cool.
>>
not OP, but I like to think about the ninja tools a bit, summoning scrolls, throwing daggers, sickles and swords with chakra conducting properties, making blades sharper, fly faster, having homing properties and such, its all kind of awesome, and then you add the explosive tags, the elemental properties and other stuff, its pretty neat
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>49292881
weapons were pretty awesome.

I really liked the giant SHuriken and the Umbrella with needles in it.

So should weapons be able to have chakra prorities? Are the chakra ability inherent to the weapon or the ninja wielding it have to do all the work?
>>
>>49293117
wrong pic

Also since the mist swordsmen will still exist in the setting why are their swords special?
>>
>>49293132
Some of their swords had special properties, it's less of a +1 thing and more of a one-off "it has this particular enchantment" thing.

If I recall, the shark guy's sword could steal chakra while Zabuza's sword could reform if broken.

I think it may have been filler but there was a nation entirely of samurai.
>>
>>49291519
My favorite part of the Naruto setting, and something that ends up getting entirely ignored by the end of it, is that the Ninjas are actually a tiny fraction of the society and live secluded lives away from all the normal people. Hence "Hidden Village". They're essentially extremely involved mercenaries, and the rest of the world isn't so different from our own. Crimebosses, politicians, and the like hire ninjas but they're not the only military force in the world.

How do you address this?

Also, I think having really weird technology was something that endeared me to Naruto as well.
>>
>>49293727
Hell, it's obviously not too far off in either the past or future since they have the internet and DNA testing. I'd argue for it being 80s or 90s tech level since they use videotapes, but that might just be the ninja being behind the tech curve.
>>
>>49294150
Yeah, I imagine that's the case.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.