[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moldvay 1'st Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Hesiod_Fighter.png (78KB, 372x383px) Image search: [Google]
Hesiod_Fighter.png
78KB, 372x383px
About to play 1'st Edition DnD for the first time with a party consisting of two fighters, a magic user, an elf, and a thief, all at first level.

Does /tg/ have any advice for these poor souls? Equipment, actions, etc?
>>
Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.
>>
Prepare Sleep, buy rope.
>>
>>49284961
We've got plenty of rope, but I only rolled Light (which can blind) and the Elf rolled Shield.
>>
>>49284542
Have backup characters handy and ready to go.
>>
File: 1436974521308.jpg (69KB, 470x747px)
1436974521308.jpg
69KB, 470x747px
Moldvay is a huge load of shite. It's basic as shit, and unlike later editions of D&D it uses stupid shit like random rolls for hit points (how the fuck does that make sense?), and it has no character customization whatsoever. There are also no luck points so that you can have some amount of control over fate. I mean, you're playing a fucking hero, let's have some reroll points or something like that? This isn't a board game (or maybe it is, given that it's literally only about dungeon crawling and NOTHING else). Even actual dungeon crawler RPGs are better than this shit, reminds me why I play Dungeon World because it encourages real roleplaying (such as bonds to determine how your character's relationships work) instead of worrying about dumb shit like rolling for hit points.
>>
>>49285314
We each rolled 2 PCs at the start, at my insistence, because I figured we'd all eat shit and die immediately.

>>49285342
Well, it's really all we need at the moment, because our regular GM is on a work trip away from us, so this is just a one-shot deal.

Normally we'd all be chaos cultists working to subvert the Imperium in Black Crusade tonight.
>>
>>49284542
Rope, 10' pole. Consider hiring extra muscle or wardogs (GM policies vary on allowing mercenaries into dungeons, but most will allow henchmen).

Assuming this is a "proper" old-school style GM in the impartial referee tradition, ask questions about the environment and pay attention to room descriptions - hints that may indicate a trap or a secret door. If mapping, compare the schematic of the area to the description of rooms.
>>
>>49285342
virt, we can tell it's you, you pile of stank jizz
>>
>>49285342
>It's basic as shit,
heh
>>
>>49285476
We actually managed to get a peasant with a pitchfork to take the middle of the party
>>
File: MS_HeroesHesiod.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
MS_HeroesHesiod.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49284542

I love the game with these little dudes.
Heroes of Hesiod 4EVER!
>>
>>49285603

And that's not a good thing. There's a difference between rules-light that is elegant and well-written, and 50 pages of rules that are complete shit but when compared to the even larger turd that is D&D 5e, they are considered "good"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.