[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We create a Free-form setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images (3).jpg (8KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
8KB, 280x180px
Alright, let's organically create the kind of setting /tg/ would like to do some free-form RP in. If there's enough interest then maybe we'll have a thread for it. Decisions will be made in order of Popular Vote, followed by First post in the case of ties.

Guidelines:
-As it's freeform, it shouldn't be a matter of what characters are capable of, but rather how they interact, or what they do.

-Plot will likely be Player-generated, with a few story hooks thrown in every now and then, so it may be a good idea for the setting to have two or more factions working against each other, whether that's vying for political power, scientific or magical discovery, or what have you.

-feel free to ask the next question in order to keep setting development going. I'm just the OP of the thread, not the arbiter of the setting creation.
>>
>>49279231
I want skyships. Skyships are radical.
>>
>>49279231
I had an idea for a Humans-only setting where everyone is born with the ability to cast a small single at-will spell, like cantrips in 5E D&D, without the scaling with level. It took place in something like a Renaissance Era, and was more about political Intrigue in the kingdom/empire than anything else, but that was about as far as having it developed goes.
>>
>>49279231
What if we played as two teams of Archeologists competing to re-discover ancient Tech of an alien empire long forgotten. Basically Stargate Atlantis.
>>
>>49279470
This one sounds fun
>>
EVERYTHING IS COVERED IN FOLIAGE
>>
Gods exist in the Heaven plane, but will send Avatars of themselves down to the Earth plane. They can be killed on Earth, but they return to the Heaven plane. If someone makes their way to the Heaven Plane they can kill a God permanently, but getting there is only half the trouble. God's are thrice as hard to kill as an Avatar
>>
>>49279366
Reminds me of Lanfeust de Troy.
>>
>>49279231
What if we did something like a Matoran only, Artisans setting in Bionicle's Metru Nui?

Or just two or three magitech Artisan Guilds in some major city vying for economic power?
>>
>>49279560
Doesn't seem geared towards non-combat, like OP said. More like a fantasy campaign setting.
>>
>>49279531
This reminds me of a setting idea I had for a setting where Druids are more Industrial and studious, like wizards, and had basically created a Plant-Punk style economy. Everything was based on growing plants to act as technology does.
>>
>>49279576
Somewhat like that, except even weaker. Like, the strongest ability in combat is being able to hurl a small bolt of fire.
>>
>>49279470
Seconding this one. SG:Atlantis was the best.
>>
>>49279274
But what do we do with them? I like the idea of us being two different crews on an expedition from rival countries.
>>
Wouldn't a freeform setting be the exact same as a normal setting?

Like just take any roleplaying book you already have. Boom there's the setting for your freeform game.
>>
>>49279231
Ok, so hear me out on this one. Half of the board members play as a traveling band of minstrels and merchants, lost in an eerie forest with various villages and townships.(As in Over the Garden Wall) the other half play as the villagers, and we basically do a Weird Village of the week style game.
>>
>>49280242
Dibs on playing Crazy Hassan If we do this one.
>>
>>49279470
This.
>>
>>49280955
>>49279506
>>49279816
>>49279470

Ok, this one seems to have the vote. Are we just going to run this in the SG univerese or are we going to create our own?
>>
>>49279816
>SG:Atlantis was the best
I hope you're kidding.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.