[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D 3.5 STR score & forces?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1-dnd-logo.png (158KB, 600x171px) Image search: [Google]
1-dnd-logo.png
158KB, 600x171px
So my DM had a spirit throw a 2850lb steel door 40m through the air and I figured out that it had an initial force of 14350 lbs (or 63850N). I was curious if anyone had a way to figure out a creature's minimum STR score based on how much force they can exert at one time like that as opposed to only a push/pull or overhead weight limit? Really curious to what this thing's ridiculous STR score is.
>>
>>49269778
1. this question is retarded
2. Spirits are made of ethereal bullshit. they wouldn't need a str score
3. fuck that particular version of the logo
>>
>>49269778
Behold, the 3.5 player.
Note the obsession with numerical information, the implicit suggestion that the DM may be "cheating" by ignoring rules in order to expedite the game. Truly loathsome, I say.
However, do not hate such a lost soul, but rather pity and hope for him. For he is merely swaddled in ignorance and may yet realize the errors of his ways.
>>
There are usually charts that indicate how much a player with x strength can lift or push. Could extrapolate from that, or could extrapolate from damage dealt by strength and by something like tnt
>>
>>49269853
I'm not obsessed with it I'm just a physics student and was curious as to what sort of bullshit this implies D&D. Plus it gives me a better grasp of what the larger numbers in 3.5 actually mean in terms of real forces.
>>
>>49269903
>what the larger numbers in 3.5 actually mean in terms of real forces.

A PC can survive can fall from 100 feet, land on his feet, and then try to stab a goblin, all in under 6 seconds. Real forces are therefore hardly relevant.

Anyway, referencing pg. 162 of the PHB I'd peg it at about 39 Str based on Medium Load weight.
>>
>>49269853
Wow, ETBA, you really need to get a life.

>>49269778
It actually doesn't take that much strength, or any at all, since it there are certain push moves that don't actually worry about strength. A character with 10 strength and a lucky roll can push a 1,000lb troll.

But, as far as the calculations go, 5e has carrying capacity at 15 times your strength, and 30 times for pushing or dragging, with each size category above medium doubling your limit.

So, without any special abilities (and a liberal interpretation of "push"), it would require a strength score of 95 if it was medium size, so you can probably expect that it used some sort of special ability, perhaps even one of the DM's design, or your DM decided to use some alternate way of determining how much the spirit could throw.
>>
>>49274377

>He's shitting on 3.X
>Must be an ETBA

Wow, the only thing more pathetic than 3aboo is a 3aboo trying to force a meme on people he doesn't like.

How eternally triggered do you have to be to waste your time doing something like this in every thread that even references 3.X hate, bitch anon?
>>
>>49275224
You act like it's hard to point you out.
Thanks for the confirmation though.

I also like how much it clearly has gotten under your skin.
>>
>>49275250

>He doesn't like my forced meme
>Must be an ETBA

I'm more annoyed that you're forcing a meme that's even more annoying than calling someone a "cuck" or a "shill" in threads that aren't even referencing 3.X hate specifically than I am bothered by being called an ETBA.

It's not like the board as a whole is in its golden age but honestly, forcing this shitty meme isn't making the situation any better for anyone involved.

So please, just stop it.
>>
>>49275386
>ETBA can't stop shitposting

That's why you're ETBA.
>>
>>49275475

>ETBA can't stop shitposting

Oh the irony.
>>
>>49275540
>compounding irony in order to make irony squared

Let's keep this chain going. I want to see if we can forge a sword made entirely out of folding layer upon layer of your shitposting irony.
>>
>>49275575

It's just ironic that you force a shitty meme, yet claim that I'm the one shitposting.

I guess anything can be irony when you lack self-awareness.
>>
>>49275877
Come. Let us sing the forge song.

Your verse about lacking self-awareness is truly of the deepest irony.

The sword made from your shitposting will truly be a weapon to be reviled.
>>
File: 1448486357258.jpg (191KB, 970x617px) Image search: [Google]
1448486357258.jpg
191KB, 970x617px
>>49275921

You're not even trying anymore.
>>
>>49270311
It only takes three seconds to fall 100ft
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.