[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rat-Enhanced Dinosaur

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: big lizard.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
big lizard.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
I'd like to hear your ideas for a dinosaur that got experimented on by skaven.

A while ago in my running Warhammer Fantasy Campaign a group of mercenaries came back from a trip to Lustria and had a small package for the zoo of Altdorf with them, a teenage Dinosaur.
Of course the beast escaped and my intended plot was, that the players get hired to catch the dinosaur alive. The players said fuck that and ran away from their problems and we did something else instead.
A couple of sessions later the party was in a small skaven lair and I heavily implied that the dinosaur was an escaped prisoner there.

Now the group has more experience and throughout their career I always hinted that the dinosaur would make a comeback, now I wanted to reintroduce him as a much more terrifying creature, augmented with Skaven technology,

Do you have any Ideas for me that I could consider? Maybe a warp flame thrower on his back? Or a rattling gun? Mechanical power claws?
>>
File: bump0.jpg (52KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
bump0.jpg
52KB, 600x347px
rattling gun on the left, steam powered claws on the right?
>>
>>49258806
I'd go with chaos spawn with dinosaur features, or skeletal remains animated with warplock tech. I don't think Skavens have enough experience with such unusual war animals to keep it in good health.

If you pick the latter, don't forget about warp lightning/warp fire thrower in it's mouth.
>>
>>49259567
>>
>>49259567
it IS a dinosaur, that's already established and he kept himself "healthy" by hunting through the imperial forests and the occasional village raid since he escaped from the skaven,

mouth flame thrower is a cool idea tho
>>
File: things that go bump.jpg (259KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
things that go bump.jpg
259KB, 1000x755px
you think molding steel plates in it's skin as armor is a cool idea?
>>
File: bump1.jpg (325KB, 1134x620px) Image search: [Google]
bump1.jpg
325KB, 1134x620px
>>49260250
>>49259448
Any more creative ideas than what I can come up with?
I can only think of such standard stuff but I really want to surprise my players even tho I hinted that the dinosaur was imprisoned by skaven

Mouth warp flamethrower is a cool thing I didn't think about and I think that could be a surprise but what do you think would give my players a good "Oh fuck" moment when they see the monster?
>>
>>49260899
You could have pieces of warpstone jabbed in its flesh, causing mutations and wild regeneration. Also, maybe destroying/removing the warpstones could have an impact on the creature's ability and prove a winning strategy to weaken it. It could come up way bigger than it should be because of warp-forced growth, and consequently mad as well.
The beast could also discharge green lightning bolts as he moves, perhaps, and if you want to go full body horror and add more challenges to the fight, he could have cysts on the abdomen from which mutated, half-reptilian rats could emerge in swarms.
>>
>>49261052
i had already thought about some winning strategy in hitting specific parts (i first thought about a big warpstone steam motor stuff on his back, but that would just be one big damage to him)

I really like that idea of implanting pieces of warpstone in different body parts, maybe destroying/removing them could lead to a malfunction of the augmentation in that body part so the players could shut him down piece by piece
>>
File: bump2.jpg (120KB, 700x565px) Image search: [Google]
bump2.jpg
120KB, 700x565px
last bump before I go to bed, maybe I'll wake up to some creative ideas one can only hope
>>
Skaven brain tissue grafts and multiple sets of skaven arms. Smart enough to understand its own biology and use the surgical tools of its former skaven captors.

When it kills something, it loots any useful organs to graft into itself.
>>
>>49258806
The top of its skull hollowed out with a little skaven sitting inside it, wired in and controlling it.

Some kind of rotating death chainsaw ball on its tail.

Aforementioned plasma breath.

Maybe put it inside a doomwheel? Like a really big one covered in spikes.

Fukkin rocket-powered rollerskates.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.