[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 70

File: calcelmo's stone.jpg (380KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
calcelmo's stone.jpg
380KB, 1200x900px
Falmeris Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus or husbandos except for Calcelmo of Markarth and Kurt Kuhlmann.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa: >> 49163943
>>
>>49256082
>Previous Kalpa: >>49163943
Fixed.
>>
So, where did the Falmer come from?
They were Aldmeri settlers in Skyrim, but when and why did they become distinct from other elves?
Did they intermarry with the Nedes?
>>
>>49256283
Who says they're Aldmeri settlers just like Dwemer and Chimer were?
>>
>>49256327
What were they, then?
>>
I'm just about done with that Falmeris dictionary thing I posted at the end of the last thread.
I've just got got to run it through a word-by-word comparison to Ayleidoon, since the two are so close.
>>
>>49256283
Falmer are an ancient offshoot of Old Ehnnofey, just like Dwemer and Ayylmao.
>>
So was the blinding of the Falmer an experiment, or to purposely enslave them?

The way the stone makes it sound, it has more to do with metaphysics, but that could be propaganda.
>>
>>49256670
For an experiment you only need a few subjects, the Dwemer took in almost all of the remaining Falmer population and fed them mushrooms that made them blind.
>>
>>49256670
>>49256736
Why not both? Two birds, one stone.
>>
>>49256786
The stone clearly suggests that there was some higher purpose in it. What purpose could that have been? We don't know, but there were some interesting suggestions in the last thread.
>>
>>49256670
Enslavement, mainly. The stone is just propaganda, trying to sell it to the Falmer.
>>
>>49256823
Sensory deprivation ae Amaranth.
>>
>>49256843
Blind slaves sound awful. They'd be stumbling around too much to do anything useful.
>>
>>49256984
Better than having an entire population of non-crippled slaves. Seeing Falmer might revolt, blind Falmer are harmless. Or they WERE harmless, until they adapted.
Really, the entire enslavement of the Falmer was kind of a fuckup by the Dwemer anyway.
>>
Hey guys, I'm new to this thread.

What do you guys think the Dwemer are doing right now?
>>
>>49257021
Orbiting.
>>
>>49257021
Enjoying an eternity being part of their Brass God.
>>
>>49257021
I think Numidium wandered into the ocean.
>>
>>49257013
Well, not really. Slaves still need place to sleep, food to eat etc, and when they can't even work they're completely useless. It would be better to just straight up kill them than to enslave them.
>>
>>49257021
Being dead; their souls fused into the skin of the Numidium.
>>
>>49257021
Chilling with Fyr.
>>
File: chaurusmount.jpg (373KB, 2000x2276px) Image search: [Google]
chaurusmount.jpg
373KB, 2000x2276px
I've got a little crackpot theory which has probably resulted from my lack of understanding of TES metaphysics, but I'll share it anyway.

The Dwemer, just like the thalmor in the fourth era, tried to ascend mortality. Meanwhile, they made the Falmer descend, to see where that would lead. The idea of ascending mortality might even be a complete misconception of creation. After all, the mortals on Mundus have achieved a lot, creating great cities and empires. Why is some kind of spirit plane where you don't really do anything any better?

The Falmer are descending mortality, making a 180 degree spin on the path of mortality, which is in fact an evolution of their original form and not a devolution like the Altmer thought. Thus, devolution brings you closer to leaving Mundus.
>>
>>49256984
You don't need your slave to see if their job is to turn a rotating lever all day long. You can also use them as magicka banks. Also, you can make them breed and soul trap them. Maybe they were more cattle than slaves (like how Argonians were working for Dunmer)
>>
>>49257021
Hanging out in Dwemer ruins, rubbing ectoplasm all over the place.
>>
>>49257080
From what I understand, Mer aren't interested in whether being removed from the divine is evolution of devolution. They want to return to the divine. I think one book even mentions that the dwemer considered it distasteful to imply their souls are below divine more than just a step or two. The only real difference between them and Thalmor is that they only turned their science on themselves, while Thalmor want to get high on jenkem and undo the whole world.

I'm really fucking tired of store fronts. Just... tired.
>>
>>49257198
Enable legacy captcha on quick reply.
>>
Are you ready for some dank new language lore? Or, it's not new, since Kurt already translated it, but whatever.

This is an early and somewhat questionable attempt to write a dictionary of known words in Falmeris.

Falmeris doesn't appear to have a definite article word like English. This means that you won't find the word "the" in Falmeris. They likely use a suffixed definite article or no definite article. I might have to come back to this.
The usage of prepositions might also be different, often not being used. The word "av" appears to have some broad function as a preposition.
The basic syntax is mainly SVO. Adjectives go in front of nouns.
Plural is noted by adding "i" (So Dena -> Denai), unless it ends with an s, then you add "si" (Anyamis -> Anyamissi).
These grammar notes are a bit rough, I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

Accept = Arcta
Affection = Malae
Against = Gume
And = Ye
As = Ry
Ask = Sepa
Before = Pado
Begin = Silya (TN: Note the simmilarity to "Silyanorn", meaning "Acorn" in Ayleidoon)
Bonds = Denai
Bones/Life = Anyamis (TN: Plural is "Anyamissi")
(Were) Broken/Cast down = Racuvane
By = As
Clouds = Auta (TN: Note the similarity to "Shauta" and possibly the Ayleidoon "Autaracu")
Culture/Lore/Wisdom/Secret = Agea
Darkness = Loria
(Of the) Dwemer/Dwemerian(?) = Dwemera
Earth = Sercen
Enemies = Gravuloi (TN: Note the similarity to "Gravia", meaning "Ugly" in Ayleidoon)
Eternity = Oia
Exile/Refuse = Hecta
>>
>>49257318
Fear not = Abagaiavoy (TN: Imperative)
Fifteen-and-one (TN: The Daedric Princes) = Avatheledia
Final = Narilia
(The) Fruit = Cullei
(Were) Given = Calne
(The) Grace/Gifts = Gandra
Gratitude = Epegandra
Heard = Rautane
Kings (of) = Arani
Know = Malautavoy (TN: Imperative)
Machines = Buroi
Many = Ilpen
Mathematics/Power = Bala
Mercy = Darre
Molagnenseli = Steam gardens (TN: Probably "Molag-Nen-Seli", which translates into "Fire-Water-Halls")
Mora = Morae
Music = Emeratu
New = Bisia
Of/To = Av (TN: Hard to translate because usage of such words depends on semantic role)
Only = Frey
Our = Nou (TN: Possibly also Noue)
Passage/Portal = Tarn
Path/Journey = Wend
People = Meldi (TN: A little unsure about this one, as "Meldi" means "Driven" in Ayleidoon. Might mean "Refugees")
(Had) Perished/Died = Nagaiale
(The) Protection (of) = Trumbi
(The) Radiance/Light (of) = Alata
Roaring = Guntumnia
Sent = Hautalle
Sets = Gethena
Comes = Shanta
Snow-throated = Spantelepe-laelia
So = Sa
Stones = Staneia
Survived = Tarcellane
Symbol = Varlor
(Thereby) Taking(?) = Metane
Thanks = Arcten (TN: Note similarity to "Arcta")
To/Of = Va (TN: Hard to translate because usage of such words depends on semantic role)
Tones = Carelle
Unbinds = Moraga
Under = Garlis
Vision = Alasil
We = Nu
Which = Asma
Wills = Liebali
You = Sye
Your = Sou
>>
Where does Pyroil Tar come from, and who is the absolute creative genius who thought of the name.
>>
>>49257333
(For we do not believe in it) = (Rias nu nemalauta ge) (TN: Very hard to translate. Possibly the "Rias" is an auxiliary to "Nemalauta" (or visa versa), and the two form a negative construction, akin to how it works in French. For example "Rias nu nemalauta" may then mean "we (do) not" and "Ge = Believe". But this seems to suggest the Dwemeris word "Ur = Believe", which may be wrong)
(To the) = (Vey) (TN: This is the "binding" word between "Journey" and "Music", and I'm not quite sure what to translate it to. Might be connected to the Ayleidoon -voy imperative suffix)
>>
>>49257355
>Ye sa sou meldi calne tarn va nou molagnenseli, ye trumbi nou bala.
>And so your people (were) given passage to our fire-water-halls, and the protection (of) our mathematics.

>Ilpen av sou meldi nagaiale as guntumnia, spantelepe-laelia arani Morae, ye sou liebali racuvane, ye nu rautane sye, ye nu hautalle nou buroi gume sou gravuloi, sa metane sye garlis.
>Many of your people (had) perished by roaring, snow-throated kings (of) Mora, and your wills (were) broken, and we heard you, and we sent our machines against your enemies, so thereby taking you under.

>Frey as gandra dwemera tarcellane sou agea, ye frey as emeratis Avatheledia carelle sou anyamissi bisia silya.
>Only by (the) grace (of the) Dwemer survived your culture, and only by (the) fifteen-and-one tones your lives new begin.

>Nu hecta sou arcten, rias nu nemalauta ge. Nu hecta sou epegandra, rias ne nemalauta ge.
>We refuse your thanks, (for we do not believe in it). We reefu your gratitude, (for we do not believe in it).
>>
>>49257389
>Nu frey sepa sye arcta varlor denai, cullei noue staneia.
>We only ask you accept (the) symbol (of our) bonds, (the) fruit (of) our stones.

>Ye ry sou alasil auta, ry loria shanta, abagaiavoy.
>And as your vision clouds, as darkness comes, fear not.

>Malautavoy fey nou darre ye alata nou malae, asma moraga sou anyamis av sercen pado, ye gethena sou wend narilia vey emeratu sou oia bisia.
>Know only our mercy and (the) radiance (of) our affection, which unbinds your lives to (the) earth before, and sets your path final (to the) music your eternity new.

TL;DR: Falmeris is almost like a dialect of Alyeidoon.
>>
>>49257354
He comes from Aramco.
>>
>>49256327
>Who says they're Aldmeri settlers just like Dwemer and Chimer were?
>>49256552
>Falmer are an ancient offshoot of Old Ehnnofey, just like Dwemer and Ayylmao.
>>49257402
>TL;DR: Falmeris is almost like a dialect of Alyeidoon.
We might be onto something here. Falmer and Ayleids come from the same stock just like Chimer and Altmer do.
>>
>>49257472
>just like Chimer and Altmer do.
I meant 'are' instead of 'do', had a bit too much Sujamma. All the white in the Falmer structures in the Forgotten Vale actually reminded me of Ayleid architecture.
>>
>>49257492
We all got what you meant, pham.

As for the architecture, I'd be willing to say that there's a very definite possibility that that's just what most Aldmeri architecture looks like, but it's still something to consider.
>>
File: Ancient_Falmer.png (1MB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Falmer.png
1MB, 1364x768px
>>49257472
So Falmer could be descendants of (proto)Ayleids that migrated north of the Jerall Mts.

Coming back to the first question, why did they become a distinct race?
Adaptation? Mixing with Nedes? Some metaphysical reason?
Race is linked to religion in the TES universe, so maybe that?
>>
>>49257993
I think it's Auriel's influence. The clashes between the Nords and Falmer were essentially the clashes between the people of Auriel and the people of Shor.
>>
>>49257993
Stop with the mixing. They didn't mix.

I'd say it's a bit more complicated than that, in that there probably wasn't a definite point. It's like asking when did the Kothringi become a race.
>>
Kothringi are an offshoot of Nedes in my headcanon.

>>49202150 is also part of my Kothringi headcanon.

Now give me your headcanons anons, about any subject.
>>
>>49258091
Todd Howard is the Godhead.
>>
File: skyrimfood.jpg (320KB, 1034x877px) Image search: [Google]
skyrimfood.jpg
320KB, 1034x877px
The idea of the 'honey nut treat' is pretty similar to baklava, come to think of it.

What nuts would Nords use for it? Ironwood?
>>
>>49258107
>Not MK
I hate to say it, but he's as close as there is to a TES Bible.
>>
>>49257993
Tower.
>>
>>49258127
Vivec is based on MK's experiences with Todd, Todd is the dreamer, it's why we still love him after all the lies. He needs a following to keep the world from melding with Oblivion.
>>
File: Lady_Brisienna.jpg (86KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lady_Brisienna.jpg
86KB, 800x800px
>>49258067
>They didn't mix.
You know very well they do.
Most human and elven races have some blood from the others running trough their veins.
>>
>>49258167
But it's not what defines them as a culture, like, say, the Bretons.
>>
>>49258127
Funny you should say that. I don't have the source right now, but I once read a dev interview/post where the dev called KK a living TES Bible.
>>
>>49258119
>Ironwood
I had to Google to see what that is. Here in Eastern Europe we use walnuts (Juglans regia), for things like pastry fillings.
>>
File: Sload.jpg (122KB, 975x532px) Image search: [Google]
Sload.jpg
122KB, 975x532px
>>49258091
>give me your headcanons
The sacking of Thras by Bendu Olo was keikaku doori.
>>
File: Kurt_Kuhlmann.jpg (119KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kurt_Kuhlmann.jpg
119KB, 640x480px
>>49258232
Kurt was the Lead Designer for most of these games.
I think I also heard that MK himself said that Kurt was behind most of the deep stuff.
>>
>>49258301
It was a collaborative effort.
>>
>>49258301
They're the main writers if the 1st Ed. PGE, at least. But everything is a team effort.

Off the top of my head, he also wrote "Where were you when the dragon broke". And his Hasphat Antabolis stuff is great.

Speaking of devs, as I understand it Kuhlmann and Nesmith are chief loremeisters for TES at the moment. So that's reassuring.
>>
>>49257318
>>49257333
>>49257355
>>49257389
>>49257402
Hell yes!
>>
>>49258498
There was one book, that, if I remember correctly, the basis of which was a series of emails between Kurt and MK making fun of how the the Dwemer appeared in some other book, or something.
>>
>>49258545
>Heh, Dwemer History and Culture started off as an email from Kurt when he had left Bethesda for awhile, making fun and completely shredding the goofy Dwemer stories by Marobar Sul. (That's why it appears in Oblivion, after Kurt had returned, and not Morrowind.)
- MK

That's it.
>>
>>49258091
>Now give me your headcanons anons, about any subject.
Barbas, as Creeper, armed Mehrunes Dagon's dremora forces via operating a strict on-the-septim business out of Caldera; the Nerevarine is responsible for all those weapons, scrolls, and potions the dremora had when they came through the gates.
>>
>>49258498
>And his Hasphat Antabolis stuff is great.
AFAIK he doesn't have a lot to say besides how he likes to argue with Caius Cosades about the role of the invidual in history.

Did he say anything else interesting?
>>
File: nirngravity.png (550KB, 952x1648px) Image search: [Google]
nirngravity.png
550KB, 952x1648px
>>49257318
>>49257333
>>49257355
>>49257389
>>49257402
I'm feeling lazy today, someone please screencap and compile these, this is great.
>>
>>49259244
Why would Barbas aid The Dagon?
>>
>>49259358
You're in for a treat.
>>
>>49259396
Fuck if I know, that's all I ever got.
>>
File: onlinemorrowind.jpg (221KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
onlinemorrowind.jpg
221KB, 1024x768px
>>49259432
The only time I talked with Hasphat so far is when you have to get that damn puzzle cube.
>>
>>49259454
Start here:

https://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/forum_archives/Reman_I.html
>>
File: shockrune.jpg (160KB, 500x718px) Image search: [Google]
shockrune.jpg
160KB, 500x718px
Why is this Friday evening so silent?
>>
>>49260235
Because real people have jobs.
>>
Fuck, I've just discovered I have this bug simce forever, I asked abour Curio and got the quest in my journal:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/913818-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind/43892063
>I just learned that, more specifically, you must first visit the Cavern of the Incarnate and get the journal entry before anyone will talk to you about becoming Hortator. (In case anyone was wondering).

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Hlaalu_Hortator
>You can start this quest before completing The Path of the Incarnate but will be unable to finish it, since there will be no Hlaalu Hortator topic in conversation.

So I understand that I should still be able to complete when I am to become Hortator?
Sorry for asking about this here, but since the thread is slow...
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>49260271
as opposed to fake ones, right?
>>
>>49260749
I don't consider people who choose to not participate in society to be people.
They're pets at best.
>>
>>49260271
>>49260780
It's weekend for Europeans already, unless you're working till 10 PM.
>>
>>49260303
I think you should be able to work around it.
>>
File: Ash_Slave.png (1MB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_Slave.png
1MB, 600x1000px
So, what's the deal with Ash Slaves? Why do they have a face?
>>
File: Ash Zombie.jpg (387KB, 1280x1564px) Image search: [Google]
Ash Zombie.jpg
387KB, 1280x1564px
>>49261024
Theirs didn't erupt yet.
>>
>>49261046
That's what I thought but they are stronger than Ash Zombies, so I guess they are more enlightened (this is also hinted as their dialogue and spellcasting ability). Also, UESP refers to them as the lowest minions in the legions of ash creatures.
>>
>>49260916
Around it, how?
>>
>>49261102
Ash Slaves are lv4, Ash Zombies are 8.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (160KB, 989x499px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
160KB, 989x499px
>>49261150
My bad, Slaves are lv5.
>>
>>49261138
Do you have any patches installed?
>>
>>49261150
What about Ash vampìres, then?
>>
>>49261189
MGSO with updated code patch and exe optimizer
>>
>>49261046
>Head burst from enlightenment
>>
>>49261150
So what? Slaves can attack from a range, can cast shield, can inflict disease and they have reflection. Whereas zombies just run at you and hit with their fists. They are obviously more simple.
>>
>>49261194
All level 30. These are not ash monsters in the same way as others, but rather immortal kin of Dagoth Ur himself.
>>
File: 250px-011Metapod.png (47KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-011Metapod.png
47KB, 250x250px
>>49261228
Think of it like this: when the Ash Slave's head bursts, it suffers some damage and gets lower stats and shit, but becomes able to evolve into an Ash Ghoul.
>>
>>49261261
Huh, okay that makes sense.
>>
>>49261204
I don't know how MGSO works, but could you try installing a newer version of the unofficial patch?

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/file/1060-previous-patches-unofficial-morrowind-patch/
>>
>>49260271
i feel like /esg/ has gotten a lot slower compared to early in the summer
>>
made an interpretation of how dunmer mananauts would look like, though it looks more like a mage than anything since references are hard to find
>>
>>49261504
That's cool, Anon.
>>
>>49261504
What's with the hat
Is it a giant solar panel?
Does solar power even work in tes
Wouldn't it just be magicka power
Does that mean plants grow by magic
Can I grow a plant in the depths of the underground if I had a semi-constant feed of magic into it
Do plants even photosynthesize on nirn?
If I build a fuckass huge solar panel can I plug it into myself instead of drinking mana potions

Maybe it's just a hat
>>
File: Full House.jpg (48KB, 736x690px) Image search: [Google]
Full House.jpg
48KB, 736x690px
>>49261102
>>49261187
>>49261228
>>49261229
>>49261261
Hey guys, I'm thinking about modding Morrowind for the first time.
Basically, I just want to add the dreamer ranks and ash poets (maybe also the insane ash vampires) and associated arms/armors from Piratelord's Creatures to my game without ANY of the other creatures in the modular download.
How would I go about this, exactly?
Also, I want to make certain Sixth House creatures harder for end-game, like making each Ash Vampire a real boss fight each and every Dagoth a real challenge. Are there any lore-appropriate resistances/buffs/abilities I could tune them up with?
I'm also spitballing other ideas, but I want to start with this.
>>
>>49261605
>Does solar power even work in tes
>Does that mean plants grow by magic
>Do plants even photosynthesize on nirn?
Does lasagna exist in Tamriel, and if so is it anything like ours?
>>
>>49261317
Ok, I'll check that, thanks again
>>
>>49261504
you've perfectly captured that telvanni swag
>>
>>49261697
Is pasta even canon?
>>
>>49261748
It could be.
Taking bread and pasta in very simple ways, the biggest different is having crust. I don't think there's much reason why they wouldn't have pasta.
>>
>>49261504
TO
THE
VOID
>>
>>49261504
Very nice, I especially like the minor details on the staff and robe.
>>
File: mspaintbittercoastshack.png (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mspaintbittercoastshack.png
3KB, 200x200px
>>49261504
Very nice.

Here is my first and last attempt at making TES pixel art in MS paint.
>>
>>49261504
Give us some lore fluff too, damnit.
>>
>>49262055
That house looks like its just waiting for a crazed wizard to make it move.
>>
>>49258167
The reason the Bretons exist is because the High Rock Elves used half the humans in their lands as sex slaves.
>>
>>49256984
Oh but they can still use bows fairly well (KeK).
No seriously they have to be the best archers of Tamriel if you think about it.
>>
>>49262136
Falmer have insanely good hearing. Skyrim even managed to properly represent this mechanically, where muffle is more effective than invisibility.
>>
>>49262284
Muddle makes all the skill points in sneak besides sneak attack pointless.

It's a lo the best way to lvl up a mage.
>>
File: 1471059466518.png (175KB, 294x222px) Image search: [Google]
1471059466518.png
175KB, 294x222px
>want my character to be a righteous paladin
>realize I can't murder, steal or serve Daedra and still be a virtuous crusader of the Nine
>>
>>49258167
They really didn't, and even if they did it would be an EXTREMELY isolated incident considering the relationship between Falmer and Humans.
>>
>>49258232
Yeah, I think it was Khulman, and that's why I brought it up.
>>
>>49260271
Not everyone works your hours, anon.

That being said, I just got off work.
>>
What's the lore behind ogres?
>>
>>49262926
Not much. Malacath the seems to care about them, and they appear to have elven ears, so I would say they are similar to goblins in that they are corrupted ehlnofey or whatever.
>>
>>49262702
Be a knight of Zenithar. Steal from the rich, give to the poor, fuck bitches, get money.
>>
>>49263099
>knight of Zenithar
>god that encourages wealth through honest commerce and hard work instead of battle or theft
>stealing from anyone
>>
>>49263157
But it's hard work not getting caught stealing from vaults
>>
>>49262343
>He doesn't know the Telekinesis trick.
But seriously, I wish being a mage in unmodded Skyrim was better.
>>
>>49263157
Play Morrowind's Imperial Cult questline and come back to me about that. It even says in dialogue that they tend to be Robin Hood types.
>>
>>49262702
>not being a paladin of meridia
You can be righteous, a hero to the locals, and still serve a Daedra.
>>
Do is disease in morrowind the traditional kind or is it all magical, more akin to curses.
>>
>>49264578
*in the series
Just realized how silly that sounded.
>>
>>49264578
Well people used to think diseases were curses irl, but given the descriptions of them I think they're "traditional" kind
>>
>>49264706
Ah ok, I mean I'm at the point where I'm immune to all of them anyway but I was just wondering.

>Trying to become Hortatory for all the houses
Oh god this is gonna take forever isn't it?
I got one done and fuck me running around Vevic got old.
>>
File: MW-npc-Fendryn_Delvi[1].jpg (150KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MW-npc-Fendryn_Delvi[1].jpg
150KB, 1000x1000px
>>49264804
"Speak quickly, outlander, or go away"
>>
>>49265004
Every
Fucking
Time
>"what's that smell?"

Seriously though thank god levitate exists to skip the bottom halves of many of those builds, sorry, mazes in some cases.
>>
>>49265132
>There's someone watching me, I can tell
>>
>>49265246
AAAAAAHHGh I can hear that exact line perfectly in my head.

I swear I'm gonna decimate this city the moment I'm done bending Dagoth over a table for constantly sending nude people after me who insist on never using the weapons they have.

"What's that, he sent you to kill me? Ok let me get soul trap ready"
>>
Could you use soul gems to extend your life in anyway? Souls seem to contain a lot of power and given that you can farm them from summons, you would have a sizable amount of power to work with.
>>
>>49264804
>He doesn't display all the given items in the hortator and Nerevarine quests in Caius' apartment for posterity
Fucking n'wahs
>>
>>49265902
But I hold on to them because they are useful.
>>
Please tell me as much as you can about House Telvanni. I know that they're master wizards who live in mushrooms, but what else? Any cool little details?
>>
>>49264578
Maybe? 100% Resist Magicka stops you from getting disease, and any amount of resistance reduces the effects of disease. However, it does also effect alcohol, which may or may not be magical the way you look at it.

We just don't know. Insert your headcanon until a proper answer occurs, but there is a very definite possibility.
>>
>>49266193
Legitimately no sense of right and wrong.
>>
File: 807.png (471KB, 680x986px) Image search: [Google]
807.png
471KB, 680x986px
Did anybody ever make a TES edit of this?
>>
>>49266236
>tfw no cute trap
But seriously, do it yourself memelord.
>>
>>49263082
>goblins are corrupted ehlnofey
whoa whoa whoa this is the first I'm hearing of this
>>
>>49266261
I intended to. But it'll be shit so I just wanted to check first.
>>
I asked /tesg/ about what I came up with for my character's story, but I wanted to see what the /tg/ lore thread thought. Is it too dumb or mary-sueish?

>Grandpa was a Telvanni noble
>Sheltered my character's mother and raised her very strictly, teaching her the secrets of magic
>Mother grows tired of that lifestyle and eventually leaves Morrowind for Skyrim, using the Red Year as an excuse, while her father stayed behind
>She falls in love with and marries a Nord warrior there
>They have my character together and move to Solstheim, where they felt he could best learn about and love both his Nordic and Dunmeri culture/heritage
>Raised to be a noble and was sheltered to a degree, but not as much or as strictly as his mother was
>His mother taught him about magic, passing down much of what she learned from her father, while his father taught him about physical combat and how to wield a sword and bow
>Red mage type character, using magic and bound weapons, wears light armor
>Searches out members of house Telvanni and other great magic users to learn as much as he possibly can
>Hopes one day to return to Morrowind to meet his grandfather with enough magical knowledge and prowess that he would be proud
>>
>>49257402
>Know only our mercy and (the) radiance (of) our affection, which unbinds your lives to (the) earth before, and sets your path final (to the) music your eternity new.

Hmmm. An attempt by the Dwemer at prodding the Falmer closer to Amaranth as a species? Amaranth does seem to require sensory deprivation.
>>
>>49258091
>Now give me your headcanons anons, about any subject.
The quests in Oblivion and Skyrim where most of the Dark Brotherhood gets purged is canon ending.

I miss being Morag Tang. The Dark Brotherhood's too edgy for me.
>>
>>49266476
HAIL SITHIS
Yeah, I don't much care for the DB either. They're almost humorously deluded though.
>>
>>49266476
The db initial quest in skyrim is what cemented my hate for the thieves guild quest
It wasn't very good, but the idea that "you can't leave unless you kill someone" and the player can be like " you know what? you're right. imma take the key from your corpse" was at least an option.
Can't do anything about the thieves guild, either join or ignore
>>
File: Tel_Mora.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tel_Mora.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>49266193
They feel that might makes right, since might is conferred through wisdom and mastery of magic.

They are the best bug raisers, famed for using beetles in the east to make Telvanni Bug Musk, a perfume so powerful it makes everyone's body ready. Presumably they also raise the majority of Silt Striders.

They are one of the wealthier houses, presumably just below House Hlaalu. This is partially because of enchanting services.

They are famed as not only the best and most diverse enchanters in Morrowind, but presumably some of the best in Tamriel.

They have an obsession with Tantos, Katanas, and Dai-Katanas, not just for their better damage, but also for their better enchanting capabilities.

They tend to be more lenient on Imperial laws and debauchery. More non-khajiit sell moon sugar in Telvanni areas, and I counted at least three different Skooma Pipes in Sadrith Mora houses.

Out of game, one of the authors jokes that finding something was as hard as finding a sexually normal Telvanni wizard.

Bosmer and Bretons are the preferred mercenaries. Personally, it never made that much sense to me, since a Breton would seem to be harder to command for a wizard, but perhaps that is why they do so well in their employment. Less to worry about if you want to advance in rank.

They have the best aesthetic. Seriously, just look at it.

Will respond if I recall more.

>>49266431
Sounds good. You'd probably really like that grill in the College, maybe have so much in common that you could marry. Also, a bit iffy on the mixed heritage bit, but if you really want it.

Might want to use a few mods to make magic better.
>>
File: Tel_Branora_Screenshot.jpg (318KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
Tel_Branora_Screenshot.jpg
318KB, 900x700px
>>49266549
>>49266193
Also

Fuck politics, fuck religion, acquire magic.

The most xenophobic house. Seriously, the least xenophobic house has member to openly tell you they want to murder you in your sleep, and these guys make them look like a welcoming committee.

Each of the different houses are associated with different colors. Hlaalu is yellow, Redoran red, and Telvanni Brown. Telvanni are sometimes called Browns for this reason.

The policies of House Telvanni's sorcerer-lords are completely unpredictable, whimsically allying with or opposing one faction or another for their own obscure reasons. For this reason, the people under service to a lord know very little about politics, and care even less. The only time they might even get involved is if somebody attacked them to attack "resources" but it's implied that's not a thing that really happens.

Most members really enjoy the above mentioned autonomy. The wizard lord provides and keeps to himself, and that's it.

They are renowned for the practice of slaver and own the largest slave market in Vardenfell. presumably not as much as House Dres.

The Telvanni Isles are said to be massive forests of mushrooms.

Necromany is acceptable in Telvanni culture, in Telvanni districts necromancy is privately practiced by wizards in defiance of Temple censure.

Some Telvanni wizards are practically immortal, and sustain themselves through Necromantic arts. It is implied that the ones who do never tire and most likely don't need sleep.
>>
>>49267137
>It is implied that the ones who do never tire and most likely don't need sleep.
But then how do they level up?
>>
>>49263181
Yeah, unmodded magic in Skyrim was garbage, like most of the game really
Playing a pure destruction mage was pain, having to deal with shitty magicka regen and spells that cost metric dickloads of magicka for shitty amounts of damage
Wasn't even any spellcrafting so you're stuck with really shitty damaging spells for most of the game
Illusion was fun though
>>
>>49267319
They go into the star menu and choose a perk. :^)
>>
>>49267319
You can rest and meditate without sleeping.
>>
Do Telvanni wizards ever use bound weapons, or do they just use regular magic?
>>
>>49267395
It's sort of fun. I'd honestly say it's in my top ten or even my top five, but then again very few video games really wow me anymore.

But yeah, Bethesda needs to get their shit together on the next game. Or else I might write a very strongly worded letter to Todd. And by strongly worded, I mean the lyrics to Little Lies written in my own blood and tears.
>>
>>49267482
Yes.

They are very renowned for their enchantments, as I mentioned. The most sought after enchantments are weapons that turn into Daedric weapons. Just a regular tanto that turns into a brand spanking new Daedric Dagger, but it's completely weightless.

>What? You say these are not Daedric weapons? No, you are right, but Ra'Virr is no liar. When you wish it, Ra'Virr's Fiend, Demon, and Devil weapons will be as sharp as fine Daedric and as light as a netch air sac. The magic lasts a short time, but long enough to punch through the toughest armor. Ra'Virr buys them direct from the Telvanni. You'll not find any cheaper in all Balmora.
>>
>>49266549
>Bosmer and Bretons are the preferred mercenaries. Personally, it never made that much sense to me, since a Breton would seem to be harder to command for a wizard, but perhaps that is why they do so well in their employment. Less to worry about if you want to advance in rank.

It's probably not the average Breton who heads to the opposite end of the continent to work for xenophobic and profane wizard lords. It's most likely a mixture of misfits, wanderers and the magically ambitious who have few or no other options. Going by MW NPCs, Bretons were still more common in the Mages Guild.

I've always guessed that Bosmer have an affinity for the organic mushroom towers that the Telvanni live in because it's closer to life in Valenwood than the stone structures found in other cultures.
>>
>>49267398
That hurted, anon
>>
>>49267499
It's simple, Anon.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Mack
>Big Mack is named after "Big Mack" Pryor, who met the staff at Bethesda Studios while battling relapsed leukaemia at the NIH in Bethesda. He died Dec 27, 2015, aged 21.

Simply:
>fake having cancer
>pretend that you're dying
>get a tour of bethesda
>tell todd that your dying wish is to get spellcrafting back
>fake your death and live in exile until the next game is out
>if it doesn't have spellcrafting, paint yourself white and haunt todd
>do this until we get spellcrafting

Alternatively, if you're a real hardcore fan:
>get actual cancer
>follow the original plan
>die

Vivec Must Die Tier:
>get actual cancer
>follow the original plan
>die
>haunt todd anyway
>>
>>49267616
Something strange to consider is the weird proportion of Bretons to classes. Breton men tend to be Sorcerers or even moreso Bards, while the women are almost entirely Healers and a few Spellswords.

Also, of the NPCs in Morrowind, a really good chunk are aligned with Telvanni. What really baffles me is how House Redoran preferred Altmer. The guys who are designed to be wizards and have a penalty to Strength. Scale on to that how you never see any Altmer in House Redoran, and it makes you wander why they didn't just put Orcs.
>>
>>49266549
>Bosmer and Bretons are the preferred mercenaries. Personally, it never made that much sense to me
Bosmer have a tradition of mercenary work (mercenaries are an integral part of Valenwood warfare), and Bretons are notoriously adventurous and wandering.
>>
>>49267686
Don't worry anon, I'm sure the dank moon sugar I smoke will catch up with me eventually. Plus my life isn't going anywhere if I can't join the military, so if I sacrifice myself for the good of /tgesg/, it's a win in my book.

Bonus points, I'm younger than that guy, so sympathy points are doubled. Might even get named ashes around the Mentors Ring.
>>
>>49267877
That's not the part that confuses me, so much as why them in particular for House Telvanni.

Theoretically, if a Redguard pisses you off, you have they advantage since they are weak willed and horrible at magic. If a Breton pisses you off, spell effects are halved, and their strong will makes them more likely to resist the effect in the first place.
>>
>>49267967
>spell effects are halved
Anon, in-game stats are not a 1:1 of the lore.
>>
File: Telvanni_Wizard_Darker.jpg (686KB, 1280x1885px) Image search: [Google]
Telvanni_Wizard_Darker.jpg
686KB, 1280x1885px
>>49267906
>try to join the military
>keep getting told "we're waiting to hear back"
>can't just walk to the person in charge and tell them to do their job like you would in a quest
>>
>>49268015
The magic resistance is canon. They may have a reduced amount in Skyrim, but the fact that they have a strong magic resistance is canon the same way Nordic Frost Resistance is canon.

It kind of makes you wander why House Redoran didn't take advantage of their knight obsession, arm them, point them towards the wizards who constantly fight with them, and say "Here's a super-duper quest, pal. Kill all these wizards and rescue some maidens. What? Yeah, you can have an ash hill or something if you live."
>>
>>49268044
That's rough, anon. Normally they give a contact who will check up on you. Did you take the ASVAB?
>>
File: NerevarineXDagoth Ur.jpg (2MB, 1379x1012px) Image search: [Google]
NerevarineXDagoth Ur.jpg
2MB, 1379x1012px
>>49268157
ye, went to medical too
had depression and shit in college so they probably couldn't say no outright but didn't want me
Means more time on tgesg i guess
>>
>>49267548

Khajiit honesty: You won't find any cheaper in Balmora because he's the only one selling them.
>>
>>49268309
Shit, I was on antidepressants for a while. I've just been waiting for a year to pass so I could talk to a recruiter. I got a really high score, so I'm just going to lie about the antidepressants and the weed and talk to them when they are out of my system.

I suppose I should brace myself for something going wrong, though. The military was pretty much my plan.

But enough of that, let's discuss lore.
>>
>>49268561
What were the Al-gemha, Keptu Men-of-ge Al-hared, and Men-of-ket? I know what the Nedes are, and the Men of 'kreath are from Falkreath, but what could the other races be from?
>>
>>49269035
>>49268561
Didn't mean to reply.
>>
>>49269035
What you just listed are Nedes. The Nedes do not make up a single race.
>>
>>49269081
>Perrif's original tribe is unknown, but she grew up in Sard, anon Sardarvar Leed, where the Ayleids herded in men from across all the Niben: kothri, nede, al-gemha, men-of-'kreath (though these were later known to be imported from the North), keptu, men-of-ge (who were eventually destroyed when the Flower King Nilichi made great sacrifice to an insect god named [lost]), al-hared, men-of-ket, others;

>Nede
>Kothri

Unless Nede is a tribe of Nedes, and Kothri aren't Kothringi, or Kothringi are Nedes, I have my doubts.
>>
What are Daedrons? Not the silly radiation meme, but an actual answer.
>>
>>49261673
Dagoths should have 50% Spell Absorption, Reflect 20pts, Sanctuary 30pts, and Immune to Normal Weapons, wereas Ash Vampires are Immune to Normal Weapons, Absorb Health+Fatigue spell, and be preddy stronk.
>>
>>49258272
Did you know that Ironwood trees exist in Oblivion, even if only technically?

Though for whatever reason, the Ironwood Nuts are only found in a few places in the game.
>>
>>49258167
TES kind of runs on perception in some ways, right? Could it be that by adopting some parts of elvish culture - worshiping a few of their gods, having their equivalent of Shor as an evil deity unlike the other human races - they've become a little more Elvish as far as the Godhead perceives them?

So maybe it's not actual mixing of the bloodlines, but how they act literally changing who they are as a race.
>>
>>49263157
Zenithar encourages adventuring, since you gain from the fruits of your own labor. Stealing is only a few steps away from looting a tomb.
>>
>>49270789
On the topic of looting tombs, how do the nords feel about "adventurers" pillaging their ancestor's remains and treasure?
>>
>>49270887
Not very fondly. I recall a Nord who I helped rid his family tomb of a necromancer getting prissy when I looted a chest. Not that much they can do about it though, if a literal ex-convict murderhobo wanders in, kills and steals everything, then ends up becoming the thane of your hold and essentially a demigod heavily revered by your people.
>>
>>49270990
That would be hilariously weird in real life.

Imagine finding somebody digging up your grandmother's coffin to take her jewelry while fighting off zombies for you, only to find out that not only is he Joe Biden, but also the second coming of Jesus.
>>
>>49270887
I always wondered why the Dunmer in Morrowind didn't get mad when you went through tombs and stole loot and even remains. Even Daggerfall has a few odd tombs for you to plunder. Overall it made more sense in Oblivion since all the Aylieds were dead, so who cares if you robbed them?
>>
>>49270887
>>49271189
It's not like you guys are going around screaming from the rooftops about how all your armor and weapons and gold are from tombs
When you say "Adventurer" they probably think you kill bandits, not coffin steal
>>
>>49271189
How are they going to know it was you? You killed the only witnesses and they couldn't speak to begin with.
>>
>>49271227
To be fair they probably do think that as well, just not specifically you or specifically their family tomb. That is assuming they even know its been robbed.
>>
>>49271189
Because I had a playthrough in Morrowind where I killed every non-respawning character. There was no one to stop me! MWAH HA HA HA!!!
>>
File: l4NQ7js.jpg (845KB, 5990x3000px) Image search: [Google]
l4NQ7js.jpg
845KB, 5990x3000px
Does anyone else ever wonder why Morrowind didn't have any kind of imperialist ambitions during the second era?

I mean, they had 3 demi-gods ruling their nation as well as a Golem at their disposal. Why did they accept Cyrodiilic rule?
>>
Will C0DA ever get finished? I mean the wild imagery is way better left to your imagination but it'd still be cool to see
>>
>>49271472
They couldn't power Numidium, so it was useless to them. Tiber had to jury-rig it with the Mantella to get it to work, and even that was something of a fluke.

The Tribunal wanted to stay firmly put, to try and keep Dagoth Ur under control. If he was let lose, everything would get fucked up, and they'd definitely lose their base of worship which helped keep them powerful after losing access to the Heart.

Even if the Dunmer themselves wanted to be imperialist, all the cards were against their expansion, and more than likely they thought of their lands as a paradise - think like how China was strong, but didn't expand much beyond its traditional borders.
>>
>>49258132
This.

Towers and people are intertwined. White-Gold is Ayleid passed down to Imperial while Snow-Throat is Falmer passed down to Atmoran-Nord. Ayleid to Falmer transition is just passing between Towers.
>>
File: ancientnordictower2.jpg (368KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
ancientnordictower2.jpg
368KB, 1024x780px
Do ribcages of dragons, mammoths, whales and other giant animals make for good tent frames?

It would've been cool to have some isolated Nord fishing village where they live more like the Skaal do and they live in giant ribcage tents.
>>
File: scum.png (682KB, 1152x288px) Image search: [Google]
scum.png
682KB, 1152x288px
>>49271472
Dunmer enjoy getting cucked by Nords and Cyrods, they just won't admit it.

Despite being the 'greatest nation on Tamriel' they've been invaded twice by Cyrods and twice by Nords. The latter is especially embarassing.
>>
File: skyrimtower.jpg (361KB, 661x1024px) Image search: [Google]
skyrimtower.jpg
361KB, 661x1024px
>>49272653
I wish Skyrim had made more of a distinction of ancient Nordic structures from different eras.

The titanic structures built on mountains that can be seen from hundreds of miles away in the valleys are from Merethic times, using huge blocks of rock without any mortar. They'd be cities and have many smaller structures sprawling around, most of them gone since they'd be built out of wood though. What still stands is what used to be the city centre, fortress and palace of the local king. Part of it would also be a barrow, but not all of it like they were in Skyrim.

Most Ancient Nordic barrows wouldn't be as big as they are in Skyrim, they'd be more like those in Bloodmoon, but a bit bigger.

As time goes on, the stones used become smaller and they start using more mortar and wood until the stones are just bricks. The size of stones used would be a good indication of the ruin's age.
>>
File: ancientnordictower.jpg (177KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
ancientnordictower.jpg
177KB, 1024x512px
>>49272779
#DicksOutForAdamAdamowicz
#ReviveAdam
>>
File: ancientnordictower3.jpg (141KB, 828x887px) Image search: [Google]
ancientnordictower3.jpg
141KB, 828x887px
>>49272796
>>
>>49271611
Tribunal lost the access to the heart in the 3rd Era though, not in the 2nd Era. But everything you said, I agree completely.
>>
>>49257402

So in Blackreach we find a large ruined Dwemer City. The Falmer have taken to making devoted slaves of surface folk rather then just killing them. The area has several odd areas. The several empty rooms especially the Silent Ruin all hint at a deafening or silence to the otherwise tonal nature of the dwemer. Their is also a odd bit where you can shout at the false sun orb suspended above the ruins and a dragon appears.

The combination of massive fungus gardens, extra smart falmer and a naming scheme referencing silence suggests blackreach has some sort of importance in the Dwemer experiment which changed the Falmer.

Perhaps by blinding them and enhancing the snow elves already keen hearing they were attempting to directly manipulate the earth bones of not their machines but of flesh and blood to use their tonal architects to program a race in the same way they made imperishable machinery and stonework?
>>
>>49271611
Not him, but ok, no expansion, but why did they accept the empire rules instead of telling them "fuck off, we're on our own"?
>>
DLLK7-4XRQT-K7BCK
>>
File: 1469993720369.jpg (320KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
1469993720369.jpg
320KB, 1024x717px
wait, whats all this talk of the stone and falmer language? I miss 1 weekend and something interesting actually happens? typical
>>
>>49273255
What do they mean?
>>
>>49273255
>>49273267
thanks for the Tropico 4
whatever this is
>>
File: 1473104554005.png (35KB, 980x372px) Image search: [Google]
1473104554005.png
35KB, 980x372px
>>49273266
the translation for Calcelmo's Stone was posted on Reddit
>>
>>49272750
>4 invasions over a period of 4000 years
>a bad record
I know expecting a cuck poster to know shit about history is expecting too much, but come on.
>>
>>49273266
It happened on late monday
>>
>>49273279
You're welcome, and thanks for saying what it was
>>
>>49271472
>the opposing forces had their own demigod ruler CHIMCHAROO and an army filled with the soldiers of conquered nations
>numidium was busted
>they were weakened without access to the heart
>they chose to parley for a better position rather than risk a brutal war that even Septim didn't know who would win
>>
>>49273368
Yeah, Morrowind surrendering to the Septim empire isn't much of a surprise. That they got BTFO by Reman, now that's a different story.

>ywn send a whole legion underwater to capture a city
>>
>>49273306
fugging hell, its been years never thought we'd actually see anything new until the next TES
>>
File: 1459672282090.png (218KB, 475x457px) Image search: [Google]
1459672282090.png
218KB, 475x457px
>>49273394
and then Reman got BTFO by the morag tong
>>
>>49273429
I'm pretty sure he was assassinated by his own Akaviri potentate. Might have to re-read 2920 as I can't remember the details.
>>
File: arenamorrowind.png (86KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
arenamorrowind.png
86KB, 640x400px
Should I make a complete location names map for every province in Arena?

And yes, Stoneforest and Old Run are what would later become Balmora and Ald'Ruhn.
>>
>>49273578
>“The messenger gave his letter to my mistress?” said Reman, incredulous, rising to take the note. “That's a highly unorthodox way of delivering a message.”

>“But the message itself is very orthodox,” said Corda, looking up into his one good eye. With a single blinding motion, she brought the letter up under the Emperor's chin. His eyes widened and blood poured down the blank parchment. Blank that is, except for a small black mark, the sign of the Morag Tong. It fell to the floor, revealing the small dagger hidden behind it, which she now twisted, severing his throat to the bone. The Emperor collapsed to the floor, gasping soundlessly.
>>
File: arenahighrock.png (305KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
arenahighrock.png
305KB, 640x400px
>>49273595
>>
>>49273599
Oh right, forgot about that. That's quite the paper cut :^)
>>
>>49273601
Something interesting here is the location called 'Karthgran Vale' near Skyrim. The Karth is a river in the reach, and has a village named after it (Karthwasten)
>>
>>49265885
Telvanni wizards do this somehow, so perhaps that's the way.
>>
The guys at Project Tamriel: SHotN have this cool idea of finding fossils in amber deposits of giant trees, where you would even have while mammoths.

As with most of these projects (Tamriel Rebuilt being another example) you can't always know what they've come up with themselves or what they've used from lore that wasn't shown ingame. Did Bethesda have any lore about amber deposits in Skyrim?
>>
File: warlordgathrik.png (2MB, 1588x844px) Image search: [Google]
warlordgathrik.png
2MB, 1588x844px
>>49273672
*whole mammoths, messed up a little
>>
>>49273601
>>49273595
I'd love to see that, but I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet
>>
>>49273694
The only ones I could find were with all the big cities named.

What province should I do next?
>>
>>49273719
Skyrim or Cyrodiil
>>
File: Hadvar.png (274KB, 328x439px) Image search: [Google]
Hadvar.png
274KB, 328x439px
>>49273725
Cyrodiil is just the Imperial City, so Skyrim it is.

I'll rev up that MS paint.
>>
>>49273740
Do the mountains have names as well? Like Dagoth-Ur
>>
>>49271189
The ground in High Rock is more tomb than soil, so I'm sure it's fine.
>>
>>49273760
The only places aside from cities to get names are the special dungeons. Of which there are two per province. The "staff dungeons" are actually pretty cool.
Hammerfell: Fang Lair
Skyrim: Labyrinthian
Valenwood: Elden Grove
Elsweyr: The Halls of the Colossus
Summurset Isle: The Crystal Tower
High Rock: The Crypt of Hearts
Black Marsh: Murkwood
Morrowind: Dagoth-Ur

We've revisited some of them. Daggerfall and Oblivion didn't have them, but we went to Red Mountain in Morrowind, Labyrinthian in Skyrim, and The Crypt of Hearts in Shadowkey.
>>
>>49273825
Maybe you could add them to the map as well?
>>
>>49273841
They are marked there, just without their names. Dagoth-Ur is the volcano icon on Morrowind map and Crypt of Hearts is a skull-cave icon on High Rock map. Basically marked location that is not a city or village is that province's special dungeon.

By the way some of them also reappeared in ESO, Crypt of Hearts for sure(pic related) and I think also Elden Grove.
>>
>Attrebus:
>One thing that has intrigued me are the descriptions given of the Tsaeci and the Maormer. Since I have not met these elusive races in person, how accurate are the descriptions? In other words, have you met a member of these races and that's where the descriptions came from, or did you make an educated guess based on what you've heard?

>S'Reddit:
>Of course my client has never met with any Akaviri, Maormeri, or any other enemy of the Empire.

>Carlovac Townway:
>There are very old warriors, survivors of Uriel V's ill-fated invasion, and they told me what they saw. I stand by my descriptions that the Akavir Potentates were serpentine, not only in temperament, but in physical appearance. Even if I did not have witnesses, there are too many descriptions of them as snakes to assume that all writers used the same metaphor. There is much in Redguard history which suggests ancient connections to the Tsaesci as well. Not only are many of the greatest heroes clearly influenced by Akaviri as well as Redguard culture - Gaiden Shinji, for example - But the whole cult of Satakal and the dungeon called Fang Lair... It is too coincidental. We are a rare generation in Tamriel, when few of us have seen any denizen of Akavir. I suspect that we're lucky in that. The Maormer are a minor race, and don't interest me at all.
>>
>>49273915
I know, I mean the names
>>
File: 113.png (140KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
113.png
140KB, 600x900px
>>49262068
I keep drawing TES-inspired stuff myself but coming up with satisfactory lore blurbs to go with them is tough. Always feels like I'm trying too hard or not enough
>>
I'm playing with some randomised names
>dunmer
Argen Arndell
Sedam Evosaro
Erivur
>cyrods
Pavelus
Gianesius
>>
File: 1471309733327.jpg (309KB, 868x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1471309733327.jpg
309KB, 868x1476px
>>49274282
Are they fitting for use, what do you think
>>
>>49274282
Dr. Pavelus, I am Blades.
>>
File: Mage_Male_Robe_Sketches[WEB].jpg (210KB, 1000x684px) Image search: [Google]
Mage_Male_Robe_Sketches[WEB].jpg
210KB, 1000x684px
Im playing skyrim, which schools of magic should I use? I was thinking of using the ancient nord armor of that dragonpriest echanter from dragonborn
>>
>>49272130
What is Snow-Throat's stone?
>>
>>49274420
Some kind of cave I think
>>
>>49274411
>>>/vg/tesg
>>
>>49274282
How do I nord names? Ive tried taking modern and viking age scandinavian names and mixing them with the beginnings and ends of nord god names but they always end up too difficult to spell.
>>
File: 6877572599_c42b8af35a_o.jpg (947KB, 1800x4292px) Image search: [Google]
6877572599_c42b8af35a_o.jpg
947KB, 1800x4292px
>>49272803
>>
>>49274436
Would it not be Paarthurnax or Alduin?
The Towers have had their stones destroyed in the part few games, why would Skyrim be the odd one out?
>>
>>49274334
They are not my special friends.
>>
>>49274453
Agnr Stormvoice
Harald
Two names i have personally used.
In reality they are just normal scandi names
>>
File: he didn't fly so good.png (2MB, 1634x1048px) Image search: [Google]
he didn't fly so good.png
2MB, 1634x1048px
>>49274668
>>
File: file.png (285KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
285KB, 374x374px
>tfw no UESRPG group
At least I've finally found an actual tabletop group near me.

>>49274679
>not Haraldr

>>49274687
They work for the Sharmat. The masked god.
>>
>>49274615
I think its paathurnax, thats the only explanation for why they'd force you to kill him
>>
>>49274679
And thats what makes them boring, because im pretty sure there are NPCs with almost the exact same names, though all I come up with is shit luke Jhuukon and granhildr so its not like mine are any better
>>
>>49274769
Why would the Blades want to destroy the tower?
>>
>>49274858
they dont, they just want to kill the dragon, they probably dont even know what he is. I was saying that its bethesdas decision to give no choice on the matter, because they want him dead and the tower gone
>>
File: 1473512812154-404220673.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1473512812154-404220673.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>49273595
>>49273601
>>49273760
>>
File: 6877490695_c1c9e9554c_o.jpg (1MB, 1640x2036px) Image search: [Google]
6877490695_c1c9e9554c_o.jpg
1MB, 1640x2036px
>>49274858
the nu-blades are ignorant assholes, the game makes that very clear.

The whole 'paarthurnax dilemma' is the worst part of Skyrim's story. There is little reason that the player character would possibly want to kill him. the only reason is that the player wants to do the blades questline.
The player character knows that Paarthurnax intends to turn the dragons to the way of the voice. Would that not be the best for everyone?
>you will never go on Crusade to bring dragons to the Way of the voice
>you will never preach the Thuum to people and dragons alike
>>
>>49274615
Skyrim's stone has been deactivated since before the game started. The prophecy of the dragonborn makes that much clear.
>>
>>49275342
oh yeah, I completely forgot about that, maybe it was the murder of the High King with thuum that did it? I think that was part of the prophesy
>>
>>49275433
IIRC, "Snow-Throat lies sundered, kingless, bleeding."
>>
>>49275085
What am I looking at?
>>
File: arenaskyrim.jpg (106KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
arenaskyrim.jpg
106KB, 637x358px
>>49273740
I had to go just as I made that post, but now that I'm back I found there's a complete map on google anyway. Only High Rock and Skyrim have complete maps that can be found on google.

What should I do next then? Black Marsh, Valenwood, Elsweyr, Hammerfell or Summerset Isles?
>>
File: arenahighrock2.jpg (80KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
arenahighrock2.jpg
80KB, 800x500px
>>49275725
The Skyrim map I found on google looks pretty awful, but the High Rock one looks better than the one I had.
>>
>>49275725
Some are hard to read, sauce?

Hammerfell, so we can see how it compares to TES VI
>>
Can someone explain labyrinthian to me? Is it a ruin or what?
>>
>>49275529
an A1 hand drawn map of tamriel on thick, parchment like paper, with runes for cities
>>
File: arenahammerfell.jpg (99KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
arenahammerfell.jpg
99KB, 640x400px
I should've gone with white text on my previous maps aswell, red is awful.

I like how this one looks a lot cleaner.
>>
File: skyrimholdflags.jpg (142KB, 570x781px) Image search: [Google]
skyrimholdflags.jpg
142KB, 570x781px
>>49275798
The origin of Labyrinthian itself is unknown. The exterior is called Bromjunaar, and used to be a Nordic city. Shalidor's Maze can also be accessed from it, and is a separate location (in Skyrim atleast) from Labyrinthian. Lost Valkygg can also be accessed.

So there's one exterior location called Bromjunaar, and 3 interior locations: Lost Valkygg, Shalidor's Maze and Labyrinthian
>>
>>49275782
It was a city. A big one. The center of all dragon cult in Skyrim.
The name comes from the maze Shalidor built in there.
>>
File: bloodmoonsolstheim.jpg (233KB, 629x733px) Image search: [Google]
bloodmoonsolstheim.jpg
233KB, 629x733px
>>49276018
I'll be taking the first request I get now.

Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Valenwood or Summerset Isles?
>>
File: plazabrindisidorom.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
plazabrindisidorom.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Was Skyrim supposed to have Direnni ruins in the Reach instead of Dwemer ruins?
>>
File: WHY.gif (935KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.gif
935KB, 245x200px
>>49276221
>statue built in the first era
>nowhere to be found in ESO
>mournhold doesn't even have a wall around the entire city, let alone another city outside of it as per the nickname
>>
>>49276056
I guess you meant to reply >>49275798
>>
>>49276292
Cities in ESO are generally complete shit, most of them are basically a different layouts of same buildings. Shame really.
>>
>>49276221
Why wouldn't it have Dwemer ruins?
>>
>>49276370
The amount of cookiecutter buildings is atrocious.
>>
>>49276292
You guessed right, my bad
>>
File: nordicruin.jpg (280KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
nordicruin.jpg
280KB, 1024x577px
>>49276292
ESO's Mournhold doesn't even have the districts.

>>49276391
Well, it should've had both if I'm not mistaken.

>>49276370
>>49276412
Only Cyrodiil and Skyrim have some architectural diversity between its cities, because most ESO players have only played Skyrim and maybe a bit of Oblivion.

Every city, town and village in other provinces have the exact same style. Ofcourse, Hammerfell and High Rock are very different, but every settlement within High Rock is the same.

And I'm a big sucker for architecture.
>>
File: esobreton.png (211KB, 232x371px) Image search: [Google]
esobreton.png
211KB, 232x371px
>>49276472
You did that on purpose, didn't you?
>>
>>49276480
One of the most surprising thing about Arena, which is a total blandfest, is that there'a two kinds of architecture in Hammerfell. Coastal style that's like High Rock, and an unique desert style inland.
>>
>>49276221
Dwemer ruins shouldn't even be anywhere except Morrowind and Hammerfell. They only added these in Skyrim because without them it would be 100% draugrfest.
>>
>>49276221
>>49276873
Probably didn't want Ayleid 2.0 and most people playing Skyrim wouldn't have played Morrowind to cry foul about reusing dwemer ruins - quite the opposite, veterans of Morrowind would enjoy exploring new ruins.
>>
>>49276873
Dwemer ruins were well implemented in Skyrim, I don't need to hear your 'DWEMER SHOULD ONLY BE IN MORROWIND AND HAMMERFELL REEEEE'
>>
>>49277139
why do you think they were well implemented?
>>
>>49277139
Dwemer ruins existing between Morrowind and Hammerfell cheapens the story of Rourken. They were supposed to fuck off far away from other Dwemer, after all. If Dwemer holds in Skyrim existed, why didn't Rourken just join them after the schism?
>>
>>49277175
Blackreach, the whole taking in Falmer story, War of the crag, giant lifts to the surface, Dwemer civil war over Aetherium shards.

>>49277181
Rourken clan would be in and around the Alik'r desert, the very western end of Hammerfell. Not near Dragonstar.
>>
>>49271472
Morrowind had all sorts of political issues during the Second Era. The nation was barely capable of defending itself, much less going to war. Have you read On Morrowind?
>>49273394
Well first off it wasn't Reman who defeated Morrowind in the Four Score War, it was Reman III, more specifically his son Juliek. And Morrowind was hardly BTFO, the War was a stalemate for 80 years, lasting through the reign of three Emperors until the Cyrodiils finally gained an advantage which convinced the Tribunal to sue for peace.
The war itself is basically the cause for the fall of the Cyrodiilic Dynasty.
>>
>>49277232
Fang Lair is in Hammerfell, near the border to Skyrim, and that's a Dwemeri ruin.
>>
>>49273621
It's pretty easy to tell that most of the locations in Arena got their name through a generator.
>>
>>49277232
Oh, I thought you were talking about the ruins themselves. I didn't think they were great, but they weren't terrible either. I didn't care for their artistic design (I preferred morrowind's solid designs to skyrim's more lacy ones) but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>49277259
Speaking of Fang Lair, SHotN team is considering including it.
>>
>>49271472
Elven nations are not really expansive in general. Dunmer are especially isolationist for cultural reasons.
>>
>>49277259
Lots of Arena lore hasn't really been used anymore afterwards. 'Dwarven' back then didn't mean the same thing it did now.
>>
File: 2016-09-10_17.59.20.png (694KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-10_17.59.20.png
694KB, 1024x706px
That guy who keeps bothering you about the recreation of Tamriel in Minecraft checking in

What ideas do you have for Shor's Stone, besides what was seen in Skyrim? Here is a view of the area with floorplans of buildings, but I'm sure you guys have some cooler ideas.
>>
>>49277295
I don't think SHotN will ever happen...
>>
>>49277368
Make a meteor crater with a giant boulder in it known as 'Shor's Stone.'
>>
>>49277369
It's already happening.
>>
>>49277387
I don't think I'll be using that... the village is named after the ebony ore in the mine.

Have we even ever had any meteors in TES?
>>
>>49277368
what mods?
>>
>>49277426
>the village is named after the ebony ore in the mine
When is that ever said?
also
Baar Dau,
Rock of Maar Gan
>>
>>49277452
No mods. It's not about gameplay functionality, just the build.

>>49277502
It's an ebony mine, ebony being lorkhan's petrified blood. Shor's stone.
>>
>>49277426
>He never played Morrowind
There is a meteor held suspended over Vivec that impacts before Skyrim starts and wipes out the entire island
>>
>>49277544
>It's an ebony mine, ebony being lorkhan's petrified blood. Shor's stone
That hardly seems like actual proof, especially seeing as the mine itself is called Redbelly mine. But, whatever.
>>
>>49277502
>>49277567
I forgot about Baar Dau, I've definitely played Morrowind. Baar Dau is a made meteor though, it's not actual space rubble crashing onto Nirn.

It didn't wipe out all of Vvardenfell by the way, just the Vivec area, now known as 'Scathing Bay'.
>>
>>49277581
>red belly is a type of snake
>shor=lorkhan=serpent
deepest lore
>>
>>49277604
>Baar Dau is a made meteor though, it's not actual space rubble crashing onto Nirn
Beyond the fact of that being a legend, that was kind of exactly what I was hinting to with the whole 'Shor's stone' thing. The Nords would believe that Shor used the Stone to smite some evil monster or some shit.
I don't even think that the whole Ebony is Lorkhan's blood is an actual belief amongst the Nords, it seems to be a more Dark Elf idea.
>>
>>49277616
Orkey is the snake in Atmoran totems, though.

Anyway, meteorites. Meteoric glass is a common thing, aetherial shards fell all the time for the Ayleid.
>>
>>49277658
It might actually be a Nord thing too, what with Ysgramor crying ebony.
>>
>>49277391
Percentage?
>>
Is there anything fun to do on Bloodmoon's Solstheim? Everything but building up Raven Rock has been a snoozefest.
>>
File: ysgramor.png (653KB, 589x1064px) Image search: [Google]
ysgramor.png
653KB, 589x1064px
>>49277753
It's because Ysgramor is a Shezarrine. Wuuthrad is a Lorkhanic artifact.
>>
>>49277873
Fuck around with Horkers.
>>
>>49277753
>>49277884
I feel a more likely explanation is that some Nord Skald decided it would make an interesting Song if Ysgramor's legendary axe was the physical embodiment of his grief, and that Wuuthrad just happens to be made out of Ebony.
>>
File: 1472557216185.jpg (103KB, 568x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472557216185.jpg
103KB, 568x800px
>>49278102
Haha yeah and muatra is actually just a piece of wood and Vivec has never bitten words to an actual gods cock
>>
>>49272986
Vivec himself did the negotiations. Don't argue with your god-king.
>>
>>49274411
For some reason I just get mad when I look at Skyrim clothes. Maybe it's because of the lack of variation, or maybe its because the necromancer's robe and the mages robes look completely different in design.
>>
>>49276221
Why would there be Direnni ruins? It's not like the Direnni are dead or settled the Reach very much, and as far as we know they just lived like High Elves in High Rock.
>>
Uncle Sweetshare is Michael Kirkbride.
>>
>>49277873
Help an immortal reach Sovengard. Help a nerd get laid. Give a suicidal man find purpose. Have a nice drink by the hearth. Make unique armors. Get your fortune read/get hints for the next game. Roam around looting barrows and harvesting ingredients for potions. Enjoy the snowy weather.
>>
>>49278157
FOUL MURDER
>>
File: Nordwizard.jpg (3MB, 2550x3509px) Image search: [Google]
Nordwizard.jpg
3MB, 2550x3509px
>>49277986
That's not fun for very long. Any good quests/locations?

>>49278205
I like the mage robes.
>>
>>49278233
>Why would there be Direnni ruins?
For the same reason there are Roman ruins
>>
>>49274411
Use them all, with exception to Destruction, in supplement to other skills.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FANnIsGA3lg
>>
>>49278487
Alteration is mediocre aswell. Restoration, Conjuration and Illusion are solid though.
>>
>>49278233
>what is Direnni Hegemony
>>
>>49278613
Armor spells before you charge in helps if you are a skirmisher who isn't going to use your magicka for anything else.

The Light spells are fun, and can be useful for stealth. Detect life/dead for stealth.

Paralyze/ash spells are amazing for combat.

Waterbreathing and Telekinesis are rarely used, but useful on occasion.

Transmute can get you rich early on.
>>
>>49277329
No reason not to use Arena lore when we can.
>>
File: 6877532013_3d39087812_o.jpg (5MB, 7200x3210px) Image search: [Google]
6877532013_3d39087812_o.jpg
5MB, 7200x3210px
>>49278205
Lack of variety all ways feels like an inevitability in an RPG.
Why don't more RPGs have a layered clothes/armour system?
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>49265449
Be careful with Dagoth anon. If you trick him into the lava, he will teleport a few feet in front of the heart when you hit it with keening.
>tfw I had to find out the hard way.
>>
>>49278744
Armor spells are fucking trash, the rest are non-combat gimmicks. Only paralysis is good.
>>
>>49266431
That sounds nice actually.
>>
>>49278765
Arena sucks, though
>>
>>49278853
It's a small bonus, but if you aren't using the magicka you might as well.

Also, magic isn't just for combat. Shame on you for thinking that.
>>
>>49278322

Get your shit wrecked by berserkers that could one-shot Dagoth Ur.
>>
>>49274998
>no choice
>given clear choice of "do this or not, but if not we're not friends"
I'm fine with that, paarthurnaax did nothing wrong.
>>
>>49278781
Fewer magic item slots = fewer opportunities to break enchantment.
>>
>>49277426
>Welkynd stones and varla stones are said to be made of star light
Probably the equivalent to meteorites, but magic
>>
>>49278862
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>49278862
I mean, now it does, but i can only assume it was better at the time.
>>
>>49278832

80%+ Chameleon and Levitation. Fly straight to the heart, over his head if necessary. Do your business, then fly off the scaffolding. The now-killable Dr. Dag will fall into the lava trying to get to you, and be buried under his own battlemech.

Kinda feels like cheating, honestly.
>>
>>49278967
>He doesn't blast their asses to the past with a custom spell.
>>
>>49279053
Or use super strength potions to permanently win Morrowind.
>>
File: four-idiots.jpg (161KB, 468x312px) Image search: [Google]
four-idiots.jpg
161KB, 468x312px
>>49279053
>>49279056
>>49279074

Rogue, Mage, Warrior.

Nothing ever changes.
>>
File: DagothStare.png (302KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
DagothStare.png
302KB, 635x457px
>>49279138
Holy fuck, is that Todd on the right in a bikini?
>>
>>49279138
Rogue, Mage, Warrior and token female.
>>
>>49278997
Why would you ever want that?
Bethesda should embrace enchantments and magic, not dumb it down.

They could nerf enchantments to balance it. Make it feel like smaller enchantments add up to big things.
Make me need to specialise my character for enchanting, not just find a 45pt of Fire Damage sword in some early dungeon.
>>
>>49279236
Holy shit you're right
Saved it to my fapfolder
>>
File: 1457325894603.png (305KB, 675x382px) Image search: [Google]
1457325894603.png
305KB, 675x382px
>>
File: dagothur.jpg (137KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dagothur.jpg
137KB, 500x500px
>>49279698
Nice.
>>
I'll make a new thread, or is anyone else planning to?
>>
Move at strange angles

>>49279841
>>49279841
>>49279841
>>
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
>>
>>49280198
NORDS BELONG IN THE TRASH
>>
SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.