[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 59

Morrowind Edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>Fun
OpenMW 0.40 released!
https://openmw.org/2016/openmw-0-40-0-released/
[YouTube] OpenMW 0.40 Release Commentary
[YouTube] OpenMW-CS 0.40 Release Commentary

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
No waifus except for Almalexia.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa: >>49127490
>>
File: ysgramor.png (653KB, 589x1064px) Image search: [Google]
ysgramor.png
653KB, 589x1064px
FIRST FOR YSGRAMOR

REMOVE SNOW ELF
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>49163943
Xth for petty squabbles
>>
>>49164158
It's you, now go away.
>>
File: highrockregions.png (294KB, 398x311px) Image search: [Google]
highrockregions.png
294KB, 398x311px
>>49164158
Definitely.

By the way, r8 my high rock regions map, IDK if I got them right.
>>
>>49164158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg

>>49164169
Anon...
>>
>>49164193
It's too ESO-centric isn't it? Or is it the red text being hard to read?
>>
>>49164201
It's just bad.
Stormhaven, Ravenspire and possibly Bangkorai are ESO-only.

What time period are you even going for?
>>
>>49164256
Post-Daggerfall ofcourse, considering it was a mess of small kingdoms before the Warp in the West.

How did ESO explain that anyway?
>>
>>49164270
>post warp in the west
Just look at the sources, you dingus. It's not like this is hard.
Wayrest controls the Bay from Anticlere and eastwards to the western half of Gavaudon. Dagggerfall controls the western Bay from their border in Anticlere to Ykalon further north. Nova Orsinium controls most of the Wrothgarians and most of the Bjoulsae, stretching into the mountains of Hammerfell. The other areas, like the far north near Nortpoint, and the Western Reach, are probably still fragmented.

>How did ESO explain that anyway?
Explain what?
>>
10th for megatron
>>
Is there any lore on Uriel V's invasion of akavir other than what is contained in disaster at Ionith?
>>
>>49164539
Nope, other than a very brief mention of both time travel and Uriel himself being made of wood.
>>
>>49164169
ESO/10
>>
>>49164399
>Explain what?
That the regions are not fragmented like in Daggerfall.
>>
>>49164539
I think Brief History of the Empire mentions some of the islands he conquered.

>>49164478
Why is the heart at waist level?
>>
>>49164539
Uriel V was cool as fuck.
>Uriel V, Cephorus II's son and successor, swivelled opinion back toward the latent power of the Empire. Turning the attention of Tamriel away from internal strife, Uriel V embarked on a series of invasions beginning almost from the moment he took the throne in 3E268. Uriel V conquered Roscrea in 271, Cathnoquey in 276, Yneslea in 279, and Esroniet in 284. In 3E288, he embarked on his most ambitious enterprise, the invasion of the continent kingdom of Akavir. This ultimately proved a failure, for two years later Uriel V was killed in Akavir on the battlefield of Ionith. Nevertheless, Uriel V holds a reputation second only to Tiber as one of the two great Warrior Emperors of Tamriel.

There are some more indirect reference in other texts. Nothing in-depth that I know of.
>>
Here's a note from TIL that I found fun.
Morrowind had just come out, and Ted Peterson was answering fan questions:

>By the way, when asked [after Morrowind] if he would make a book about Scotti that takes place in Akavir, Ted "Tedders" Peterson replied thus: "What a suggestion. Poor Scotti barely survived the Bosmer! Throw him in with immortal vampire snake thingies? That’s too sadistic even for Waughin Jarth, who, between The Asylum Ball, The Wolf Queen, Feyfolken, and A Dance In Fire, is pretty well-known for his dark humor... If Uriel V’s army was decimated in Akavir, what are the chances of Scotti lasting five minutes?
>On the other hand, I’m pretty sure Jarth did write a series about him in Black Marsh... If I can find a copy of it to translate it into Cyrodilic..."

And in Oblivion, we got The Argonian Account.
>>
>>49164669
I don't know, and I don't particularly care.

In my limited ESO knowledge, I think High Rock is still supposed to be fragmented, but King Emeric of Wayrest is the leading king and the Breton representative in the Covenant.
>>
File: mournhold.jpg (620KB, 1317x1558px) Image search: [Google]
mournhold.jpg
620KB, 1317x1558px
>>49164921
>The guards in Mournhold say it, or something like. While it's certainly in improvement over "We're watching you, scum", I'm not sure what it's significance is.
They say that? AFAIK all they say is 'Mournhold. City of light, city of magic.'

I like it a lot when they say that though, makes the place sound so cool.

It's one of those places I really wanna see again in a newer engine, with lots of NPCs to show Mournhold's active nightlife.
>>
>>49164723
It's funny because Roscrea was probably a completely irrelevant island that Solitude barely had any jurisdiction over.

>>49164748
Ted Peterson's books are hands down the best in the series.
even better than MK, if you consider the quantity (ingame books only, I know MK has a lot of out-of-game texts)
>>
>>49164161
>>49164169
>>49164193
What did I miss?
>>
>>49162282
So what's the significance of this being fully playable? More mods?
>>
>>49165177
Full open source rework of the engine. Eventually we might get multiplayer. As long as someone knows what they're doing, they can rewrite everything about the game from scratch.
>>
Alright /tgesg/, choose two Daedric Princes for the next TES game.

>one for a full realm exploration like Shivering Isles
>one to play a big part in the main quest and get some extra lore aswell (Like Mehrunes Dagon in Oblivion and Azura in Morrowind)
>>
>>49162282
I miss old MrOpenMW
>>
>>49165458
>next TES game
Malacath and Malacath, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>49163943
>[YouTube] OpenMW 0.40 Release Commentary
>[YouTube] OpenMW-CS 0.40 Release Commentary
You had one job...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avPbctre9Qw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izlm2CAnCpY
>>
>>49165458
Moonshadow and Myriad Realms of Revelry sound like really cool places to visit.

Clavicus Vile or Peyrite would be interesting.
>>
>>49165704
>>49165458
Actually, I feel like I should add The Colored Rooms and Meridia, as well.
>>
>>49165458
>>49165487
Malacath for an Orsinium expansion, like a massive self-contained multi-level city/dungeon akin to Mournhold.
>>
File: DF-Map-Iliac_Bay.jpg (150KB, 768x457px)
DF-Map-Iliac_Bay.jpg
150KB, 768x457px
>>49164169
This is the only fucking map I need.
>>
>>49164399
Here's what I gathered from the Warp in the West book.
>>
>>49165733
>No Camlorn
Not good enough.
>>
>>49165749
>Phrygias
>in Wayrest
>>
>>49165704
You basically picked my top realm choices. Hunting grounds would be cool aswell.
>>
>>49165766
Daggerfall and Camlorn are implied to have been unified by marriage before the events of Daggerfall.

And at least as far as I can tell, Camlorn was something made after the events of Daggerfall. I can't even search up a town of the same name in any kingdom I checked.
>>
>>49165883
>Camlorn was something made after the events of Daggerfall
Probably, but we wouldn't see it anyway. It's not on the Bay.
>>
>>49165783
Here's how the Warp in the West put it:

>Wayrest spreads across the eastern coast of the Bay, stretching from the land formerly called Anticlere to half of Gauvadon [sic]. Eadwyre has passed on to his ancestors, leaving his kingdom in the hands of his daughter, Elysana, who has two children by her royal consort, and seems likely to hold her father's lands. Your Lordship may also choose to communicate directly with King Helseth and Queen Barenziah in Mournhold. Their primary preoccupations are, of course, with Morrowind's affairs, but they may still have useful observations upon Wayrest's ruling families and political environment that may aid you in your understanding of the court of Queen Elysana.
>King Gortwog of Orsinium controls much of the Wrothgarian Mountains as well as the profitable rivercoast of the Bjoulsae. He persists in his demands that Orsinium be recognized as an Imperial province separate from High Rock. The Elder Council treats Gortwog as a recognized king, and collects taxes directly from Orsinium, but officially Orsinium remains a county of High Rock, though technically it spans both the provinces of High Rock and Hammerfell.
>Sentinel has gained the most land, sprawling across the entire southern Iliac Bay from Abibon-Gora, beyond the Dragontail Mountains, to the edge of Mournoth, Orsinium's territory. >Queen Akorithi at her death left her enormous kingdom to her only surviving son, Lhotun, who is now surely one of the most powerful kings in Tamriel.
>Daggerfall is still ruled by the Breton King Gothryd and the Redguard Queen Aubk-I. Their land now encompasses all of western High Rock, from the border they share with Wayrest at Anticlere to the east, to Ykalon to the north. They have four children now, and are much beloved in their realm.
>>
>>49165913
Oh fuck, you're right. I'm a humongous faggot who didn't realize it was in Arena.
>>
>>49165933
>King Gortwog of Orsinium controls much of the Wrothgarian Mountains
>Wrothgarians reach into Phrygias
>>
>>49165980
It never says he controlled all of the Wrothgarian Mountains. It's kind of a point of doubt if he controls Phrygias, because the Daggerfall area stretches up to Ykalon, but it doesn't mention if Ykalon borders Wayrest or Orsinium.
>>
>>49165879
Yeah, If I were to worship any Daedra it would be Azura or Sanguine simply because those afterlives.
>>
>>49165727
Malacath is an obvious choice for the next ES game because it's gonna be shit.
>>
>>49165883
Camlorn was in Arena
>>
Are Arena/Daggerfall worth playing?
>>
>>49166478
Yes, or at least Daggerfall.
I like both, but Arena is more skippable.
>>
File: DF-Map-Regions-Post-Df.png (103KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
DF-Map-Regions-Post-Df.png
103KB, 400x250px
>>49166478
Arena not so much, but yes, Daggerfall is. It's really only surpassed by Morrowind IMHO.
>>49165749
Also, here you go.
>>
>>49166478
>Arena
Nah. Made completely obsolete by Daggerfall.
>Daggerfall
I'd say so yes.
Both games are completely clunky and archaic though so just know what you're getting into.
>>
>>49166478
Arena is alright if you don't mind not being able to change controls. Daggerfall is good if you like a challenge.
>>
>>49166478
Arena is easier to get into, playing it will help you get acquainted with Daggerfall.
>>
File: file.png (329KB, 435x567px)
file.png
329KB, 435x567px
>caution, cars might spontaneously self-combust

>>49166036
It's not stated, but I believe Orcish control is much more likely than it being under Wayrest, given the fact that part of the Wrothgarians lie in it, and that it's not on the Bay.
>>
>>49167255
>>49166036
See
>>49166544
>>
>>49167294
That map is based on the same sources we're talking about. There's nothing that specifically mentions who owns Phrygias. The map is just the guess at someone over at UESP.
And before anyone mentions that it might be in the Daggerfall Companion, I've read that thing, and it's not there.

Either way, it's not super important, I just think it falling to the Orcs is the most reasonable assumption.
>>
>>49166544
The Warp in the West clearly says that Orsinium gets the Bjoulsae river and Mournoth, causing it to stretch across High Rock and into Hammerfell.
>>
>>49167255
Given that Wayrest is said to 'spread across the eastern coast,' I'm willing to concede that.
>>
>>49165478
Who is that and what did he do?
>>
>>49167952
Old narrator for the Open MW release videos. Recently had to step down due to life.
https://youtu.be/WSr3k9ubR7w
>>
>>49168116
I remember him from Morrowind
>>
Hey guys, what is CHIM?
>>
>>49170346
Controlled Hyper Intelligence Memes.
>>
>>49170346
Correctly Hearing Internal Motivations
>>
>>49170346
In-game reason for console commands and mods
>>
File: Stormcloaks.jpg (199KB, 1920x1200px)
Stormcloaks.jpg
199KB, 1920x1200px
>>49163943
Can someone please explain to me why these guys winning is a good thing? I pretty naturally gravitate to the empire, and I've never had a stormcloak supporter give me an explanation beyond "MUH TALOS!"

If we could do this without a flame war, that'd be lovely.
>>
File: punk_elf.jpg (345KB, 700x934px) Image search: [Google]
punk_elf.jpg
345KB, 700x934px
>>49170346
Cis Heterosexuals Internalize Misogyny
>>
>>49171898
There is no good fucking side to take here.
Stormfags are retarded and Talos literally said Empire will fall soon.
>>
>>49171898
>post controversial subject
>"if we could do this without arguing it would be great"
The real question is this:
Why do you even care?
>>
>>49171983
Purely because I've never heard any stormcloak players make a serious case beyond screaming about talos and freedom and shit, then when you ask them how the stormcloaks will handle the entire freaking dominion marching into skyrim, they suspiciously stop replying. I know there has to be at least some stormcloak supporters out there who have thought things through, and I'd like to hear from them.
>>
>>49171898
The Stormcloaks winning might be a good thing, it might be a bad thing. The Empire winning might be a good thing, it might be a bad thing. The future is uncertain, but Bethesda clearly wanted to present the war as having no "right" side The player choosing who they think is right or wrong based off of their personal opinion. An opinion based off of in game experiences. Off of what you hear, what you see and what you read about each side.

I personally side with the Stormcloaks.
>>
>>49172040
>how the stormcloaks will handle the entire freaking dominion marching into skyrim
The same way Hammerfell handled them.
>>
>>49171955
When did Talos say that?
>>
>>49172154
in marrorwang
>>
>>49172040
What is the "correct" choice not a question that has an answer until Bethesda determines the future of Tamriel.
As of now, it's only really a question of roleplaying, and what certain characters would support.
>>
>>49172097
>The same way Hammerfell handled them.
Not the same situation. Hammerfell fought a smaller army that was never reinforced because the imperial legions and reinforcements from skyrim started pushing back in Cyrodiil. Do you really think a lone Cryrodiil will be able to fight off the dominion when the entire united empire almost lost the first time? Don't compare apples and oranges.
>>49172075
>The outcome of things might be good or bad, and my choice is based off my thoughts and experiences.
>my choice is based off my experience
Yeah, thanks for that, because that's not true of literally every single person who's ever played the game or anything.

What I was looking for was more specific examples as to why.
>>
>>49172040
Well, I look at it this way
The stormcloaks didn't try to fucking murder me just for happening to be in the same general area empire
It's a horrible way to start a game and honestly both sides are trash, but the opening happened and i carry a grudge for good reason
>>
>>49172347
>my grudge is more important than humanity's survival
Congratulations, you just perfectly summed up the stormcloak faction's mentality.
>>
>>49172465
I prefer to think of it as Telvanni mentality.
>>
>>49172465
>Altmer want to revert existence
>humanity can't survive without banana cock down their throats
lol
>>
>>49172338
>the entire united empire almost lost the first time?
Depends on who you ask. Like I said in my other post >mfw I got 2 (you)'s what you think is based off of what you experienced. Some NPCs are optimistic about the AD's power during the great war, others are more pessimistic about it. Stormcloaks (such as myself) believes the Empire didn't almost lose the great war, they almost won it, or I should say, they almost won it unconditionally. They blame the Empire's poor leadership for the white gold concordat, not the Thalmor's strength. Again, it depends on what you read/hear/see in game.
>>
>>49172543
>almost won it unconditionally.
Woah, dude, what? The empire's military was in tatters at the end of the great war. If it was a victory, it was a Pyrrhic one.
>>
>>49172537
>Skyrim can defeat the Dominion alone
kek
>>
>>49172205
What question is that. It better not just be what the skooma addict spy was babbling about
>>
>>49172659
Yeah, guess they're impossible to beat, not like a certain darker race did it already or anything
Nope, that didn't happen, better bend over and slit the throats of anyone who believes in a certain divine
>>
>civil war
Jesus Christ how uninteresting.

What do we know about the legality of Deadric Cults in various regions of Tamriel at various points in time. Some regions obviously allow it, like Morrowind, Orsinium, and Elsweyr, but in the Empire it's more interesting. The first ed of the Pocket Guide has the "16 acceptable Blasphemes", and invocations to all the Princes.
The idea of an Imperial City with the Nine Divines, Deadra Cults, and various local and foreign cults all co-existing is pretty interesting.

Also, Lawrence "Loremeister" Schick posts on /r/teslore now. Sometomes.
Barring ESO, I miss developer interaction with the fanbase. It was so much more common in the past, and it barely happens now. Especially not with active developers. ESO is the only branch of TES that's currently interacting with places like /r/teslore and The Imperial Library.
>he refers to an obvious lore mistake as a "transcription error"
>memes become reality

>>49172671
>what is wulf
>>
>>49172642
>The empire's military was in tatters at the end of the great war.
Depends on who you ask. I remember hearing an NPC say something about how the Empire stabbed all the people who worked so hard driving the elves out of Cyrodiil in the back by signing the treaty. How they could have invaded the Dominion and finished them off.

Whether the signing of the white gold concordat was the right thing to do is a very controversial subject to say the least.
>>
>>49172737
>not like a certain darker race did it already or anything
>implying it was just the redguards that beat them
>implying the army in Hammerfell wasn't a smaller force
>implying the desert didn't do half the work for them
>implying skyrim alone can defeat the entire dominion because hammerfell beat one splinter army
>>49172770
I almost wonder if Skyrim doesn't allow it to some extent. Think of all the daedric shrines around skyrim, huge conspicuous things that aren't exactly hidden.

"Oi, lars, you see that big statue of Mehrunes Dagon on the cliff above Morthal there? S-Should we do something about that?"

"No, that's just some trees"

"But lars,its cle-"

"IT'S JUST TREES"
>>
>>49172792
I believe Legate Justianus Quintius is considerably more more reliable than some ass-backwards Nord.
It's like asking a high-ranking member of the German military, who has done research using sources from both sides, and some random civilian, about why Germany lost the Great War. One of the will know the reality of the situation, and the other will grumble something about "muh dagger in muh back" and "muh jews".
>>
>>49172792
Okay... How about the Imperial officers, many of whom fought in the great war, who say that the empire needs to be united for the next war?

How about General Tullius, the man with access to all imperial reports about aldmeri strengt, saying that Skyrim alone could never beat the dominion alone?
>>
>>49172874
This.

You said it better than I did.
>>
>>49172874
>more reliable than some ass-backwards Nord.
Nah, it was someone who used to in the Imperial Legion, someone who fought in the great war.

I don't think someone like Galmar Stone-Fist would just rebel against the Empire based off of nothing. Clearly he believes an independent Skyrim has a chance against the Thalmor. The Civil war is a lot like a schism within the Empire's military.
>>
Tell me more cool things about dunmeri culture.
>>
>>49173085
They're big whores and will fuck anyone, even you
>>
>>49173111
I didn't think this meme would leave /tesg/.
>>
File: dalse adren.jpg (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dalse adren.jpg
54KB, 800x600px
>>49173085
In Vivec there are gondola ferrymen who will transport you to different parts of the city across its mer-made canals for a small sum. They have cool hats.

Is it possible for someone from Tamriel to meet someone from Akavir in an Oblivion realm? I was thinking about it and I didn't run into any snake people in the Shivering Isles.
>>
File: 1471283195983.png (73KB, 218x234px) Image search: [Google]
1471283195983.png
73KB, 218x234px
>>49173111
>even you
Don't flatter yourself.
>>
>>49173125
It's a lore meme, not a tesg meme.
>>
>>49173111
I thought that was just Barenziah.
>>
>>49173085
Horses are meals, not mounts
Everyone is an n'wah, but some are more n'wah than others
>>
Sorry, I don't come to these threads very often, but could you please tell me more about bonewalkers and how "necromancy" is handled in Morrowind and the east in general? /tesg/ has told me that it's much different.
>>
>>49173038
>Clearly he believes an independent Skyrim has a chance against the Thalmor
And the fact that he believes that doesn't mean he's right in that belief. His actions aren't based off nothing, but that doesn't mean the base is worth anything.

Clearly someone in the Japanese Navy though they would win in the Pacific, but that doesn't mean the war was ever realistically winnable. Clearly someone in the German military though the Great War wasn't actually a colossal defeat for Germany.

Furthermore, the fact that something is controversial doesn't mean that there isn't a correct answer. The vaccines are somehow controversial several places, but all that doubt isn't really going to alter the reality of the situation.

That said, I'm open to agreeing to disagree here. The topic really doesn't interest me, and I'd hate it for another Civil War discussion to dominate part of the thread.
>>
>>49173268
I'd much rather have civil war discussion than more autism rage about games not being real lore because they're games and not the drug addled ramblings of some white guy
>>
>>49173299
Oh, it's you.
Enjoy my last (You).
>>
>>49173299
wait I thought that guy was the godhead
>>
>>49173268
>And the fact that he believes that doesn't mean he's right in that belief.
Exactly. Just because Justianus Quintius believes something doesn't make it the right belief either. It's a matter of who the player believes. There's no obsolete right or wrong side.

>I'm open to agreeing to disagree here.
That's kind of what I'm getting at here.

>The topic really doesn't interest me, and I'd hate it for another Civil War discussion to dominate part of the thread.
Then why are you taking part in it?
>>
>>49173358
>Then why are you taking part in it?
I'm prone to making mistakes.
>>
>>49173299
>the drug addled ramblings of some white guy
>some white guy
>white guy
>white
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkrHYHqChlI
>>
>>49173299
>games not being real lore
Can you explain to someone new to these threads what this is about?
>>49173358
>Just because Justianus Quintius believes something doesn't make it the right belief either.
Not him, but doesn't it make more sense to believe the imperials in this case? You can either take the word of trained and educated professional soldiers, whose information comes from a network of elite spies, versus the majority opinions of the Nords, who have two schools in their entire province.

I know it's partially just opinion, but the imperials seem like a MUCH more reliable source.
>>
>>49173443
>Not him, but doesn't it make more sense to believe the imperials in this case? You can either take the word of trained and educated professional soldiers, whose information comes from a network of elite spies
Like I said earlier, a lot of Stormcloaks are ex-Legionnaires.

>but the imperials seem like a MUCH more reliable source.
Not if they're purposefully deceiving people. Which could be a possibility.
>>
File: TalosonEmpire.png (125KB, 1085x87px) Image search: [Google]
TalosonEmpire.png
125KB, 1085x87px
>>49172671
>>
>>49173443
Adding to this that Justianus Quintius commanded an entire Legion during the war, and has spent time in the aftermath writing a book about it. In that process, he has read documents from both sides, heard the statements of prisoners, and interviewed survivors.

Stone-Fist wasn't even an officer, as far as we know. The opinion of a common man isn't worth much in comparison the analysis of an military commander.
>>
>>49173299
Why is him being white important?
>>
>>49173609
Could be talking about the end of the Septims.
>>
>>49173443
>Can you explain to someone new to these threads what this is about?
They're about the lore.
But there's this one guy who keeps arguing that because some information comes from the games, it doesn't count since bethesda said the games are just an interpretation of the lore.
It's extremely annoying to talk with him because he just dismisses ingame accounts due to this.

When people say these threads are about the lore not the games, it means we don't care if the town only has 5 houses, as lore cities we know are actually bigger.
>>
>>49173623
It's not, it's an identifier and I don't know anything about is personality to describe him otherwise.
>>
>>49173670
I would have settled for sexy desu.
>>
So Hlaalu were just Jews, right?
>>
>>49172338
One way or another, the Empire is clearly fucked.
That's not to say that the Stormcloaks would necessarily succeed in staying independent post-game, but the way things are going the Empire isn't going to last much longer.
(Hell, the best hope the Stormcloaks have is if the Empire can't respond adequately to succession because somebody just offed the Emperor, and that's a very faction-dependent outcome.)
The most frustrating thing about the game's storyline is the fact that you can't just jump up and say, 'look, assholes, the Elves ARE PLAYING YOU BOTH!!!'
>>
>>49173762
>One way or another, the Empire is clearly fucked.
Are they? Because Tullius admits the empire will be attacking the dominion again soon, and humans breed a lot faster than elves, so the empire has an advantage when it comes to recovering from attrition.
>>
>>49173762
I keep thinking that the last dragonborn could be Tiber Septim 2.0, but I feel having an empire 2.0 goes against a lot of what Oblivion established and what Skyrim kept going.
>>
>>49173806
You do know that McClellan and Patton, despite winning their respective theaters in the war, were considered batshit crazy because they thought they could just push right on and win the next war, right?
And, as I said, they actually WON their wars, unlike Mr. Tullius.
Just saying, maybe his opinion on the war isn't as clear and unbiased as you think.
>>
>>49173918
>tullius lost
Tullius wasn't a general during the Great War.
How about the population issue? Humans breed a lot faster than Mer, so in the time since the great war, humanity has had time to bring up another generation of soldiers. The Mer likely haven't. They took enormous casualties, same as the empire, but they replace their losses slower.

>>49173885
>dragonborn could be Tiber Septim 2.0
But hopefully without the insanity and paranoia this time.
>>
>>49173240
It's a family affair.
>>
>>49174052
Mer breed by necessity, not by ability.
>>
>>49174150
Also Khajiit troops.
>>
>>49174593
Khajiit are just Thalmor propaganda.
>>
>>49174593
Wait, there are Khajit fighting for the Thalmor? Aren't their religious views completely incompatible?
>>
File: e49.jpg (92KB, 1024x819px)
e49.jpg
92KB, 1024x819px
>>49174862
>there are Khajit fighting for the Thalmor?
No. Again, Khajiit aren't real, they're just a fabrication by the Thalmor to convince people that Elsweyr is occupied, to discourage colonization efforts.

If you look close, you can see that it's just makeup and masks!
>>
>>49174916
Well that's just silly, what about the Alfiq mages? Just housecats accidentally using enchanted amulets, I suppose?
>>
>>49173722
No they were Ferengi
>>
>>49173189
>>49173125
>A Dark Elf man killed his wife after catching her making love with another man. When the magistrate asked him why he killed her instead of her lover, the man replied, "I considered it better to kill one woman than a different man every week."
>Yelithah told Vathysah that she was having dinner with a Dark Elf named Morleth that night.
"I hear he's an animal," said Vathysah. "He'll rip your dress right off you." "Thank you for telling me," said Yelithah, "I'll be sure to wear an old dress."
>A Dark Elf woman was being shown around Daggerfall. When she was shown the magnificent Castle Daggerfall, she smiled sweetly to her guide and whispered, "It reminds me of sex." "That's odd," said her guide. "Why does our Castle Daggerfall remind you of sex?" The Dark Elf sighed, "Everything does."
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/jokes
some of these are actually really funny
>>
>>49174862
>Wait, there are Khajit fighting for the Thalmor?
Uh, yeah. Have you ever heard of something called "The Aldmeri Dominion"?
Member states: Alinor, Valenwood, Anequina, Pelletine.
>>
>>49175490
>"This orchard has sentimental value to me," said Mojhad, the Khajiit, to his friend, Hasillid. "Under that tree, for example, is where I first made love. And that tree, is where her mother stood, watching us."

>"She watched you while you made love to her daughter?" said Hasillid, clearly impressed. "Didn't she say anything?"

>"Meow."

Heh
>>
>>49171955
The Empire fell a long time ago. The Medes are pretenders, a bunch of wannabe Septims clinging to the Empire's corpse.
>>
>>49175490
joke = literal memes
>>
>>49176121

jokes older than your grandmother, more like.
>>
>>49172154
Morrowind. Wulf, the aspect of Talos stays it. He's also a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>49176437
what did you mean by this
>>
>>49176523
>That blackface
0/10, unless it's supposed to be a drow, then it's 3.5/10.
>>
>>49176579
it was supposed to be a drow
>>
>>49176615
Then 3.5/10.
>>
File: tumblr_oaayzte9331tipvuzo3_1280.jpg (467KB, 1169x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaayzte9331tipvuzo3_1280.jpg
467KB, 1169x1920px
>>49176523
Meanwhile, in Russia.
>>
File: wfNoEYS.jpg (176KB, 450x900px) Image search: [Google]
wfNoEYS.jpg
176KB, 450x900px
>>49176653
>skyrim stylized armor and facepaint
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49176653
YOU FOOL YOU'VE AWOKEN THE CLIFF RACERS YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL
>>
>>49176653
What a qt. Would have her hatefuck me while calling me an N'wah.
>>49176697
Boohoo.
>>
>>49176697
Where did the bad Skyrim touch you?
>>
>>49176760
I thought I was the only one who smoked in this thread.
>>
File: 1435974301264.jpg (2MB, 1600x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1435974301264.jpg
2MB, 1600x1236px
Name something you like about the game that you least like in the series.

I like how, for all its bland boringness, Skyrim had a lot of magical creatures running around. They weren't as amazing as Morrowind's fauna, but they made up for lack of exoticness in magical otherworldliness.
>>
>>49173240
I'm NOT a necromancer
>>
>>49178584
Arena...had all of Tamriel? I didn't play more than an hour of it because of its controls.
>>
File: 1459621320630.jpg (228KB, 1280x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1459621320630.jpg
228KB, 1280x1041px
>>49173240
As far as I understand it, it's kind of a reflection of ancestor worship so prevalent in Dunmer culture. You have the dead of your family or of the temple acting as guards for tombs, that way you can be sure your ancestors will be at peace.
>>
>>49178584
I'm trying really hard to find something I like about ESO but I don't even like mmorpg's so its really difficult. First person view is cool I guess.
>>
>>49176803
Dagoth Ur
>>
>>49178900
No, where on your body, not where in a spatial sense.

Besides it's called Red Mountain now.
>>
>>49178900
Yes, and?
>>
>>49173609
The Empire's still a thing over 200 years later, if it was meant to fall it should've already. The Empire plays a crucial role in keeping men and mer from holocausting eachother.
>>
File: redoranguard.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
redoranguard.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>49176697
I LIKED Skyrim's Chitin and Bonemold armor. Fight me outside the Bulwark, kiddo.
>>
>>49178935
Dagoth-Ur as in Red Mountain has a hyphen, while the person does not.
>>
>>49176697
Dragonborn was a pretty earnest effort to get morrowind's groove back, I can't really complain. Plus, a lot of the skyrim chitin designs look a hell of a lot more practical than the WoW-tier pauldrons you see in morrowind.
>>
File: vivec.gif (925KB, 367x309px)
vivec.gif
925KB, 367x309px
desu the chitin does look better, but I'll throw down over bonemold.
>>
>>49179807
Is it time for Morrowind 2?
>>
>>49179683
I remember him from Morrowind
>>
>>49171898
Originally I sided with the stormcloaks because
A) Tullius was gonna lop my head for no reason.
B) Fucking Altmer allies.
C) That guy who helps who escape is a bro.

And then I did something and one of the characters told me that the only thing stopping the fucking Altmer from winning is a united Empire. So I joined team Emps. Didn't stop me from murdering the fuck out of Mede and looting his still warm corpse though.
>>
>>49179896
Also when you ransack the Thalmor embassy in that one quest you find a dossier written by chief Altmer bitch basically confirming that Ulfric is a double agent.
>>
File: House_Hlaau_Sign.png (72KB, 256x256px)
House_Hlaau_Sign.png
72KB, 256x256px
>>49171898
Reminder that the Empire has never protected shit.

Pic related. These were the last guys to strike a deal with them. Spoilers: it didn't go so great.
>>
>>49179807
>WoW-tier pauldrons
Pauldrons are a plague and needs to be all but removed from fantasy settings.
It's gotten way the fuck out of hand.
>>
>>49179807
>>49180090
Who even used pauldrons? I just wore the netch leather body for the bitchin scarf.
>>
File: 1467988657450.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467988657450.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
Are Colovians the true Master Race of Tamriel, or at least among the human races[/spolier]?
>>
>>49180087
They protected Oblivion, their home province.
>>
>>49178584
I liked that Morrowind had a community which was from the dominant race of the province but with a distinct culture which is rejected by their "civilized" kinsmen: the Ashlanders.

In Skyrim, the Forsworn and Orcs were interesting as groups of outcasts, but weren't Nords, and the Skaal were far away from Skyrim proper.

What would have been interesting is to have clans of Nords that live in the isolated areas, maybe on the islands in the Sea of Ghosts, being very conservative, having a distinct religion, their own gear, maybe also trade with the giants directly.
>>
File: baladas.png (337KB, 522x574px) Image search: [Google]
baladas.png
337KB, 522x574px
>>49181603
>Name something you like about the game that you least like in the series.
>I liked that Morrowind...
Anon, what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>49181629
Well call me a bloody n'wah then. It would be boring if everybody liked the same things in the same way. "Least like" doesn't mean hate, anyway.
>>
File: tribunal.png (73KB, 343x110px)
tribunal.png
73KB, 343x110px
>>49178584
Oblivion's Adoring Fan was an interesting part of the COC's fame.
I don't like how being the hero just typically means that people treat you the same beyond a different voice line.
I can't imagine that the Nerevarine, COC or Last Dragonborn could realistically go even a day without someone asking for their help or praising them
>>
>>49182246
In Morrowind the "E-excure me sera, but you're Nerevarine" line constantly raises disposition until a certain point though.
>>
>>49182246
>I can't imagine that the Nerevarine, COC or Last Dragonborn could realistically go even a day without someone asking for their help

Nerevarine or not, I need you to make sure I get to this fucking shrine in one piece!
Nerevarine or not, I'm paying you to kill these fucking rats!
Nerevarine or not, I need some fucking mushrooms!
Nerevarine or not, deliver this fucking coded letter to Tel Fyr!
Nerevarine or not, go kill that fucking kwama queen!
Nerevarine or not, go cure that fucking kwama queen!
Nerevarine or not, this bitch needs a cure!
Nerevarine or not, it's 157 septims for a fucking Quality Restore Health potion and that's 'cuz I like ya, now pay up!
Nerevarine or not, don't wanna work; just wanna bang on my drum!
Nerevarine or not, I'm the king!
Nerevarine or not, fuck the king!
Nerevarine or not, protect the queen-mother!
Nerevarine or not, go assemble this bitchin' dwarf-crafted flaming sword!
Nerevarine or not, go fetch me some ash yams; for I am hungry!
Nerevarine or not, my buddy is lost and there are mating kagouti afoot!
Nerevarine or not, my luck stat is retarded and I'm going to fuck your world up!
Nerevarine or not, we make a special trip for you, same low price!
Nerevarine or not, now you die!
Nerevarine or not, you n'wah!
Nerevarine or not, go kill these bad people!
Nerevarine or not, go kill the devil Dagoth Ur!
>>
>>49180112
>Netch leather
Enjoy your extra weight for less protection.
>>
>>49182907
>he doesn't eat meals entirely consisting of dreugh wax
>he doesn't blend ash yams and daedra skin for the amazing gains
>he doesn't have 600+ strength yet
>he can't bench press Red Mountain
N'wah please go
>>
>>49179868

Nah, I hope they never do it. The next TES is going to be so dumbed down you won't even believe it.

Going by Fallout 4, it'll have no skills and you'll just get a 'perk' per level up instead. Every character will be a mage-warrior-thief by default, the degree of ability in each area determined by the feats chosen during play.
>>
>>49182967
>He wastes Dreugh wax on the first effect.
>He actually fell for the Daedra Skin meme
>He doesn't drink Sujamma like water
>He doesn't know we all use the exploit to go full super saiyan all the time.
>>
>>49183084
I really doubt they can dumb down much more and still have people buy the games. As far as I know, after the initial hype died down, Fallout4 was just sort of there. It was their only game in a long streak that lost GOTY. I'm sure they realized they did some things wrong with it, and Bethesda has always looked at the community, either from looking at top mods and implementing them, or even directly interacting with the fans.
They also came out and said they're waiting for hardware to advance before they do the next Elder Scrolls game, so I do have faith they can pull it out.
Until 2020 comes around and Todd fucks me in the ass one last time.
>>
>>49183262
Nice one, anon. I don't think they'll ever stop, what with this amount of shekels on the line.
>>
>>49183298
>Hines replied, referencing fan disappointment at the lack of new news and being unable to provide a firm release date, adding: “It's coming, just not as soon as you probably hoped.

>It follows recent confirmation from Hines on the new Elder Scrolls project, as well as clarifying its current status.

>“We aren't working on TES6 at the moment,” he told a fan recently, before adding that Elder Scrolls 6 was still “years and years away,” and wasn’t close enough to be given an estimated release date.

>Fallout 4 director Todd Howard has also been more vocal on Elder Scrolls 6, revealing in June: “It's a very long way off.

>"It's something that's going to take a lot of time, what we have in mind for that game.”

>As to the delay in release, he said that the game requires some resources of time and technology that the time doesn’t have available at the moment.
>>
>>49183415
A third of the game set in a doomed province as the Thalmor win, next act in the new kalpa where the PC is the only one to remember/survive/transition the last kalpa and finds the key gods reborn/changed from the last one to revert it while fighting Thalmor leaders-become-gods, and a final third of the game that mashes both kalpas together in a new kalpa that combines the best of both worlds and serves to reboot the series.
The time problem is essentially creating 2 provinces that could have their own games from scratch and then choosing the elements to combine into a third single game-sized section.
And yet that's not even accounting for the New Akavir landmass DLC or the Shades of Ald Tamriel quest DLC.
Malacath/Trinimac, Vivec, Talos, and the Hist are the key gods. Talos does a Lorkhan to unmake-remake the world for humanity to have a better shot than the middle Kalpa will allow. The Hist have something to do with kalpa changing or surviving. Vivec fills an Azura-like role for the PC. Malacath/Trinimac also helps by doing something to change the PC to survive all kalpic changes.
Call me out if it's stupid.
>>
>>49183650
>reboot the series

I only hate this part.

Onwards and upwards, not "back where we came from but a bit different".
>>
>>49183650
I'm not saying your idea itself is stupid, it would be fun.
But it's never going to happen. This is too much new information for the average player that doesn't know a thing about lore.
>>
>>49183415
I was replying to the spoiler. There never will be a last time Todd will fuck you because Todd's Wild Ride never ends.
>>
>>49183711
This
Honestly the series has moved away from the aspects that most of us here would like and just simplified and dumbed down many others. I wouldn't be shocked if large chunks of lore don't end up missing as they continue to simplify the story for that all encompassing "broader audience".

Just like fallout, but worse
>>
By Ius folks, have some hope. Fallout has always been less important to Bethesda than Elder Scrolls. Skyrim had a lot of (good) lore, especially about the First Era, just like Morrowind had a lot of lore about the Resdayn era.
>>
>>49183650
it's stupid
>>
File: ebonywarrior.jpg (230KB, 1024x768px)
ebonywarrior.jpg
230KB, 1024x768px
>As worship of Ebonarm has fallen out of favor, mythopoeia has caused him to become weaker and weaker
>Over 200 years after Daggerfall, he's lost a lot of power, but he's still a big guy for you. He challenges the only other demigod he can find on Tamriel: the Dragonborn.
Yes? No?
>>
>>49184295
Yes. Added to my headcanon.
>>
>>49184356
Next question: what happened to Sai?
>>
>>49184369
Death by obscurity? Or maybe he became obsolete as they removed a lot of chance-based mechanics from the games.
>>
Why do most Redguards have names like Alada and Nazeem, while we have weeaboo warrior Gaiden Shinji who sounds like he just hopped fresh off the boat from Japan? Do descendants of the Crowns and Forebears have different naming schemes, or is it not his real name?
>>
>>49173144
I find it weird how the hats count as Medium Armor.
>>
>>49180087
Because Hlaalu was always planning on double crossing the Empire. They took a risky gamble and failed at it.
>>
>>49184502
They're reinforced with bonemold.

Deepest lore.
>>
>>49184295
No. My main problem with this is that we've had no indication that lack of worship makes a god weaker, mostly because whenever a god falls out of favor, it's either because they were mantled or they're now worshiped under a different name, with the same essential ideas. Shezzar's probably the best example of this, since many of his traits were rolled up into Talos. So if Ebonarm still exists, he's probably worshiped under a different name, or was possibly rolled into Talos as well.

And also, the Dragonborn is not a demigod. He's been blessed by Akatosh, sure, but there have been many people considered Dragonborn, and the ability to shout is still practiced among normal humans. You only meet the Ebony Warrior after about level 80. It's obviously Bethesda's way to reward you for actually playing that long in such a meh leveling system with little reward for all that effort - I mean, the Ebony Warrior is just a great hero and will only challenge you after you reach his level.

>>49184369
He still exists, as far as I know. He probably got stuck on Summerset Isle for some reason. But Nords still consider wolves sacred because of him.
>>
>>49183695
Soft reboot. Kind of like cleaning house in regards to lore and stuff while also allowing for new stuff without "but x could" or "can't because Y is" and "but z would"
>>49183711
>>49184115
>This is too much new information for the average player that doesn't know a thing about lore.
Nope, introduce the concepts with the characters. I swear sometimes the people on this board act like they're the only ones who can understand "deep lore", give the average person some credit and if they don't understand it doesn't matter because they'll still buy the game to kill some doodz
>>
>>49178584
Oblivion had a few deeply surreal, engine-stretching quests. Through a Nightmare, Darkly; A Brush With Death; Arkved's Tower; etc.

I liked the building and dungeon design in Shivering Isles.
>>
>>49184479
Gaiden was a snake in disguise.
>>
I'm moving soon and was thinking of getting a nice TES print.
Anybody know where I can find something nice? Morrowind related, if possible.
>>
>>49184698

pic related
>>
>>49184479
>There are very old warriors, survivors of Uriel V's ill-fated invasion, and they told me what they saw. I stand by my descriptions that the Akavir Potentates were serpentine, not only in temperament, but in physical appearance. Even if I did not have witnesses, there are too many descriptions of them as snakes to assume that all writers used the same metaphor. There is much in Redguard history which suggests ancient connections to the Tsaesci as well. Not only are many of the greatest heroes clearly influenced by Akaviri as well as Redguard culture - Gaiden Shinji, for example - But the whole cult of Satakal and the dungeon called Fang Lair... It is too coincidental. We are a rare generation in Tamriel, when few of us have seen any denizen of Akavir. I suspect that we're lucky in that. The Maormer are a minor race, and don't interest me at all.
>>
File: file.png (689KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
689KB, 800x800px
>>49184708
Obviously, you'd use Beth's NEW and IMPROVED Cafepress store, where you can buy tempting offers like a Morrowind-themed 2003 calendar:
http://www.cafepress.com/mwstore

You could always get Chinkshit::
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=morrowind+poster
You could also check Amazon.

MK used to have a little print store where you could buy signed stuff, but that's not around anymore.

DeviantArt has some method for buying prints, I think, so that could be a way to get fanart from there printed.

Beth's new and official shop doesn't actually have anything related to Morrowind. Though strangely, they have this baller Daggerfall shirt, that has probably been in storage since 1996:
http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/the-elder-scrolls/daggerfall-box-art-tshirt.html
It's made to fit the target audience, as you can see in this picture.
>"It will even fit you, fatso."
>>
File: file.png (76KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
76KB, 350x350px
>>49185480
>ordinator boxer shorts
>fabricant wall clock
>wood elf beer stein
>argonian coaster for my stein
>If there is a design you'd like to see, email us at [email protected]
This store is so horrible, I love it.
>>
>>49184474
Likely fell out of common worship. I tend to doubt Sai's worship was all that prevalent to begin with.
>>49184677
>So if Ebonarm still exists, he's probably worshiped under a different name, or was possibly rolled into Talos as well
This is basically how I see it. Ebonarm worship was likely based in Reman worship to begin with. While his worship would persist long enough after the Cyrodiilic Dynasty to sort of become its own thing, it likely fell out of favor with the spread of Talos worship.
>And also, the Dragonborn is not a demigod
I would have to disagree with this, the Dragonborn is Ysmir, the Dragonborn God.
>>
>Rihad in Arena had a palace
>It's a forebear city
how does this work
>>
>>49185873
>forebears can't have palaces
>>
File: 1443717831289.jpg (43KB, 564x428px)
1443717831289.jpg
43KB, 564x428px
Say you're an Orc male who grew up in an orphanage in Riften. Just play with the thought. Would it make sense to say your last name was Gro-Riften?
>>
Elsweyr or Alinor are the best choices for a next game y/y
>>
>>49186378
If he grew up in an orphanage he's most likely Nord culturally. Wouldn't make sense for him to use Orcish naming scheme then.
>>
>>49186378
The 'Gro-location name' is the exception rather than the rule.
>>
>>49186378
Probably not according to more orthodox Orcish naming traditions. But then again, he wouldn't really know about Orcish culture if he grew up in Riften, would he?
I'd probably do Orcguy of Riften. Maybe Orcguy gro-Riften if he wants to be a proper Orc but doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
>>49186378
The Orphanage in Riften is called Honorhall Orphanage, right? Blubgruk Honor-Hall would be a better name then.
>>
>>49183882
>/v/ memes
Oh Joy.
>but muh mountain climbing and least-used spells, I /needed/ those in the game
Sure anon, sure.
I don't love the lack of magic crafting, but let's not pretend everything taken out from oblivion that didn't get into skyrim was the most beloved aspect of TES. It's just silly. Who the fuck used damage-stamina/magic/health outside of enchanting? They didn't even have permanence, only the "drain" version of those spells did. Not a significant loss in the slightest, same with /most/ other things. Hell if anything many spells are easier to use because there's no hard limit to try and use it.
>skill/magicka too low to acquire this spell
Now at least you can buy it, use it if you have enough juice and it's not a charge spell. I prefer that to "no sorry you have to be this good to buy.
>>
>>49187165
You need skill levels to buy spells though, dingus. And expert and master destruction spells are unaffordable if you don't cheese cost reduction through enchanting.

I loved Skyrim and I hate /v/ memes but magic has been axed pretty hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (290KB, 640x406px)
image.jpg
290KB, 640x406px
>>49187206
I absolutely agree that magic took a hit, spellcrafting was my shit, and I miss the levitation/frog jump spells of yesteryear even now.
I think I may have mixed the enchanting/spellcrafting level blockers with the not-enough-magicka one, but my point stands for the concept itself
>be level 15 in destruction with base magicka
>can still enchant things without needing to be good at the school associated with that effect, even if it's a powerful enchantment
Example:I'm a high level in enchanting but shit at magic in general, in oblivion I'd only be able to make shitty enchantments, because I'm not good at what the effects skill is coming from, like the fire effect from the destruction school. But I'm not trying to cast the spell, just enchant an effect. This wasn't an issue in morrowind, and it isn't in skyrim either. It's an arbitrary limitation that came out of no where, and it's annoying.
>expert and master destruction spells are unaffordable if you don't cheese cost reduction through enchanting.
Monetary cost or magicka cost?
By the time I get to the 80's and 90's in skill I've got 10,000 or so gold pretty consistently, and expert/master spells only cost 1-2 thousand at the very most.
Magicka is usually pretty good, I level my health and magic reserved evenly for Mage builds, so with the mages circlet and archmages robes I'm usually set for the expert/master lightning and Mage-armor. I don't know if I just stumbled onto an effective build or if I'm just really fucking patient, but it never seemed like an issue for me. Hell even in oblivion I didn't mind how things worked that much, because I maimed destruction so by the time I could buy and make spells and such, I was a high enough level to do it without "lol no git gud, try later" popping up. I just don't love the concept of arbitrary things being hard barriers is all.
And arguing is fun, I wouldn't be on this site if I didn't enjoy it somewhat.
>>
>>49187686
the enchanting limitations in oblivion aren't arbitrary though. Filled soul gems were much more common in that game so there needed to be some limitation and because there was no enchanting skill it makes sense for the enchantment in a school to rely on your skill in that school.
otherwise you could have INT 30 barbarians that have never cast a spell in their life enchanting master level magical equipment. That doesn't make sense.
>>
Lady N just posted the translation for Calcelmo's Stone (thanks to Kurt Kuhlmann) in /r/teslore. Go nuts.
>>
File: 1a.png (35KB, 980x372px) Image search: [Google]
1a.png
35KB, 980x372px
>>49188141
Is this all of it?
>>
>>49188141
Fucking sweet.
Nice to see Kurt come out with something new.

>And so it was that your people were given passage to our steam gardens, and the protections of our power.
>Many of your people had perished under the roaring, snow-throated kings of Mora,
>and your wills were broken, and we heard you, and sent our machines against your enemies, to thereby take you under.
>Only by the grace of the Dwemer did your culture survive,
>and only by the fifteen-and-one tones did your new lives begin.
>We do not desire thanks, for we do not believe in it. We do not ask for gratitude, for we do not believe in it.
>We only request you partake of the symbol of our bond, the fruit of the stones around us.
>And as your vision clouds, as the darkness sets in, fear not.
>Know only our mercy and the radiance of our affection, which unbinds your bones
>to the earth before, and sets your final path to the music of your new eternity.
>>
File: calcelmo's stone.jpg (380KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
calcelmo's stone.jpg
380KB, 1200x900px
>>49188141
>>49188245
Holy shit.

Can you guys believe we've never seen the finished translation since the game's come out? It's been 5 years now.

I was actually asking some of you if you could finish the translation a few threads ago.
>>
>>49188394
>The falmer were being turned into Earth Bones

fuck
>>
File: chaurusmount.jpg (373KB, 2000x2276px) Image search: [Google]
chaurusmount.jpg
373KB, 2000x2276px
>>49188394
>and sets your final path to the music of your new eternity
The 'degeneration' of the Falmer is merely the path to some form of superpower. They're actually upgrading. The Dwemer set this timebomb way back in the First Era to eventually get revenge on the Nords.
>>
>>49188451
>unbinds your bones to the earth before
>unbinds
>>
>this bombshell on a monday 100 posts away from the bump limit
I'm usually opposed to dragonbreak editions... shall we have one this time though?
>>
>fresh, new lore
I'm not used to this feeling.

Anyway, I'm going try to match the Falmeri script and the translation to the Dwemeri script. It goes like this:
>Dwemer
>Falmer
>Translation (based upon Falmer)

>Chun thuamer arkngd chend duathand, th ahvardn btham.
>Ye sa sou meldi calne tarn va nou molagnenseli, ye trumbi nou bala.
>And so it was that your people were given passage to our steam gardens, and the protections of our power. (literally “protection of our mathematics”)

>Amz thuamer ahrkanch kemelmzulchond aka Mora, th thuangz ahrk, th duum melz thuabtharng, th kanthaln duabcharn mzin thuastur, btharumz thua mer zel.
>Ilpen av sou meldi nagaiale as guntumnia, spantelepe-laelia arani Morae, ye sou liebali racuvane, ye nu rautane sye, ye nu hautalle nou buroi gume sou gravuloi, sa metane sye garlis.
>Many of your people had perished under the roaring, snow-throated kings of Mora, and your wills were broken, and we heard you, and sent our machines against your enemies, to thereby take you under.

>Abakch duumarkng tuathumz amakai, th abakch avatheled kagr tuamkingth mzan.
>Frey as gandra dwemera tarcellane sou agea, ye frey as emeratis Avatheledia carelle sou anyamissi bisia silya.
>Only by the grace of the Dwemer did your culture survive, and only by the fifteen-and-one tones did your new lives begin.
>>
>>49188245
>>49188394
That's some Kipling-level propaganda, noice.
>>
>>49188637
>Du chal fahl ngark, che du fahl bthun ur. Du chal fahl ngalft, che du bthun ur.
>Nu hecta sou arcten, rias nu nemalauta ge. Nu hecta sou epegandra, rias ne nemalauta ge.
>We do not desire thanks, for we do not believe in it. We do not ask for gratitude, for we do not believe in it.

>Du abak chal thu abazun nchur duabthar, nchul duanchard.
>Nu frey sepa sye arcta varlor denai, cullei noue staneia.
>We only request you partake of the symbol of our bond, the fruit of the stones around us. [lit. “we only ask you to accept”] (literally “the fruit of our stones”)

>Th ur thuanchuth irknd, ur irkngth eftardn, thunch fahlz.
>Ye ry sou alasil auta, ry loria shanta, abagaiavoy.

>Bthun abak dua mzual th nchuan duarkng, chun fahlbthar thuanchardch anum ralz, th eftar thuachendraldch kagren thua vanchningth.
>Malautavoy fey nou darre ye alata nou malae, asma moraga sou anyamis av sercen pado, ye gethena sou wend narilia vey emeratu sou oia bisia.
>Know only our mercy and the radiance of our affection, which unbinds your bones to the earth before, and sets your final path to the music of your new eternity.
>>
>>49188509
Yeah, which was meant to make them a part of the earth bones. It's all the same spirit stuff.
>>
The Dwemer were pretty fucking sinister.
>>
>>49188915
>Drink the kool-aid, don't worry about it, everything's going to be fine.

And some people wish they were still around.
>>
>>49188935
I'm sometimes really worried when turbo-casuals want playable Dwemer.

Even in Skyrim you can find out how they dissapeared (Arniel Gane's quest)
>>
>>49188433
I'm gonna be a little different here
I don't really care what it says, I'm more interested in if it's an actually translation or it's just scribbles that they say "it reads like this" because they said it does
>>
>>49188692
"UN"bound to the Earth, as in no longer bound to the physical world.
They're just words of comfort. Basically what the Dwemer are saying is, 'yeah, we know going blind will be frightening, but hey, at least you won't have to see this terrible world anymore.'
>>
>>49189026
Look at my comparisons, it appears to at least superficially be a translation.
For example, every sentence that starts with "We" in the translation begins with "Nu" in Falmeris and "Du" in Dwemeris.
"And" seems to correspond to "Ye" in Falmeris, and "Th" in Dwemeris.
"Your" probably corresponds with "Sou" in Falmeris.
"As" is "Ry" in Falmeris and "Ur" in Dwemeris.

It would be possible to work out some very basic and speculative dictionary of known Falmer and Dwemer words from this.
>>
>>49175305
So Jews.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 752x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 752x749px
>>49188394
>>49188245
>something to actually talk about
YES
>>
So are we able to translate from Falmer to Dwemer to English now? Is there anything else that needs translated in game?
>>
>>49188962
The only reason a dwemer would still be around is if they did what Yagrum did: not be in the mortal plane when kagrenac ruined everything. Otherwise the game would have to be pre-fuck-up. Not against that itself, but it's not likely to ever happen.
>>
>>49189595
>So are we able to translate from Falmer to Dwemer to English now?
Maybe, in a very limited sense.
Looking briefly at what we have, there's only a few words that we can me more or less certain about what mean, and for the other words we just kind of have to guess their meaning from context. And even then it's a limited vocabulary.
>>
File: falmer_by_ovsyanki-da557oe.png (2MB, 1623x1902px) Image search: [Google]
falmer_by_ovsyanki-da557oe.png
2MB, 1623x1902px
>"So, you're telling me that going blind isn't going to be that bad?"
>>
>>49171898
Every character I make I roleplay, so I've sided with the Empire and Stormcloaks each numerous times.

For my Stormcloak characters, a Redguard Sword-Singer, a Khajiit Renrirja Krin terrorist, and a Nord Fryse Hag, the general thinking was the following:

Why is the Empire remaining in power a GOOD thing??

Let's look at what the Empire is:
>Is a nation that allowed a greedy corrupt tyrant, a dragon, and a Slaad necromancer who was actively and openly stealing souls of the citizenry keep power after the three aided in the conquest of Hammerfell.
>Is a place where National Security is so piss-poor, that a SINGLE Wizard was able to take control of the entire country. Where the Emperor was easily assassinated by cultists.
>The wizard who took over was an incompitant leader. This revealed that the Empire's government system is SO centralized that a SINGLE incompitant leader ruling for a mere DECADE almost caused the ENTIRE EMPIRE to collapse into smaller warring states. Valenwood was almost overrun by mere SPIDERS during this reign for Kynareth's sake!!
>Is a land that only recognized a race of people as PEOPLE after those people forcibly took over their own lands and a massive time-space crisis occurred.
>Is a land that tried to use a spy to impersonate an entire religion's messiah-figure for the express purpose of overthrowing the leadership of a province and assert more dominance over it.
>Illegally annexed land from Elswyr (most important to my Khajiit character).
>Is a land where the Counts are free to be as tyrannical as they like.
>Had a Countess who wasted her taxpayers money on priceless Akaviri artifacts, with the game Oblivion firmly establishing that excess tax and fines are levvied against the poor.
>Had a Count who absconded his responsibilities in order to be the ruler of a criminal organization.
>>
>>49191445
>Had (and still might have for all we know) a Count who was a Vampire, fed on his own subjects, and who had a secret room in his wine cellar where he DRAINED THE BLOOD OF HIS VICTIMS as his own personal supply of "wine".
>Had a racist Countess who was so vile she abducted Argonians and Khajiits off the streets to torture to death in her secret torture chamber.
>Is a nation that, when faced with the Oblivion Crisis, WITHDREW its military from ALL surrounding provinces, provinces that it dominates and taxes on a regular basis, in order to protect a single province. This royally screwed over Morrowind.
>Did nothing to aid the people of Morrowind after the Oblivion Crisis and the Red Year, events that were even worse for Morrowind.
>Is a nation currently controlled by such a spineless Emperor that he just ACCEPTS being assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood without a fight, PERFECTLY WILLING to throw his own PEOPLE into the chaos and discord of a succession crisis.
>Is a nation that sold out an entire people, the Redguards, merely to protect their favored province.
>Is a nation inept enough to accept a peace treaty CLEARLY designed to cause insurrection in the Empire in two of its four remaining provinces.
>Is a nation where segregation is allowed to the extent where cities are allowed to ban minorities from the insides of cities, even in extreme climates.
>Is a nation that will gladly put a corrupt, criminal-controlling politician in charge of Riften, if given the opportunity.
>Is a nation that allows known foreign spies the freedom to OPENLY and ACTIVELY operate within its borders, once again tying into the Empire is Useless when it comes to National Security theme.
>>
>>49191473
Now, I've found most pro-Empire people tend to just wave these concerns aside. So what if the Empire lets their nobles LITERALLY eat civilians?? They're supposedly the ONLY THING stopping the Thalmor from their plots!!

Except that's not true. Hammerfell alone was capable of defeating the Aldmeri Dominion. If the Stormcloaks win, while they may not be the best people to run Skyrim, you'll have FOUR independent, anti-Empire, anti-Thalmor countries that are actually willing to NOT bend over and let a foreign nation actively conduct espionage within their borders: Black Marsh, Morrowind, Hammerfell, and Skyrim. TWO of these nations, Black Marsh and Hammerfell, have already proven THEY are at least equal, if not BETTER, than the Empire at fighting the Thalmor. Granted, Morrowind is in terrible straights and not likely to help much against the Thalmor, and are never going to work with Black Marsh, but breaking the Empire's power, based on how terrible and corrupt the Empire is, is not a bad thing, especially when there are TWO OTHER nations PERFECTLY CAPABLE of fighting the Thalmor.
>>
>>49191502
>Hammerfell alone was capable of defeating the Aldmeri Dominion
The lie that never dies.
>>
File: 1471657942586.jpg (96KB, 292x408px)
1471657942586.jpg
96KB, 292x408px
>>49191445
>tfw I was going to make a post about wanting to weaken the empire, but somebody else did it in much more eloquent and sourced manner
>>
>>49191563
>"eloquent and sourced manner"
>doesn't even understand the fundamentals of jagar tharn
And that's just scratching the surface of all that's wrong in those posts.
>>
>>49191631
>things are wrong with this post, but I'm not going to tell you what they are or why they are wrong.
eidf please go
>>
>>49188394
>Fifteen and one tones
Now who could those be?
>>
>>49191699
A popular Dwemeri ska band. They had a pretty baller brass segment.
>>
File: Telvanni Skirts.jpg (256KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
Telvanni Skirts.jpg
256KB, 700x800px
>>49191699
It obviously means 16 tones you fucking retard
Namefags, I swear...
>>
File: mananaut.png (140KB, 366x352px) Image search: [Google]
mananaut.png
140KB, 366x352px
>>49191726
Explains why they went to war with the dunmer then, the dunmer hate ska, it's one of the Tribunal's most obeyed commandments
>>
>>49191699
Daedric princes seems the most likely bet, but the dwemer don't like them either. And if it was who would be the One?
>>
>>49191778
It is the princes
>What set me on this path was a portion of the Dunmeri Apographa, Nerevar at Red Mountain. In it, Dumac swore by the "fifteen-and-one golden tones". This caught my eye, and set me to thinking about the Profane Tools and Kagrenac's title, Chief Tonal Architect. The Tools are said to have brought forth a tone from the Heart, which was then manipulated, either to imprint powers on the bearer of the Tools, or to shape the enchantments. Sunder rendered a single pure tone, and Keening shattered this into lesser tones, most likely fifteen. This explains their source.

>But why fifteen? The answer lies not in the Heart, or even on Mundus, but without. The Daedric Princes. Although most people view there as being sixteen, Malacath is not truly a Daedric Prince, merely a corrupted hero-god. Thus, originally only fifteen Daedric Princes dwelt in Oblivion. Why are the linked to the Heart? Because the Heart deals with energy, the province of Change and Padomay, the realm of the Daedra. All together, the tones form a single pure tone, the original voice of Padomay. Each sub-tone represents a unique form of Change, which the Daedric Princes rule over.

so the dunmer swear on the heart, that's adorably psychotic.
>>
>>49191534
Let me guess. You're one of those that believes that a Legion of soldiers defecting to help Hammerfell was (without evidence) all part of the Empire's GRAND MASTER PLAN to protect Hammerfell.

Because the SAME Empire that let Morrowind burn to protect Cyrodiil during the Oblivion Crisis, Red Year, and Argonian Invasion would CLEARLY care about protecting Hammerfell.

N'wah, please.
>>
>>49191754
>ESO acknowledging space travel

What dimension is this?
>>
>>49191915
>being this angry over something so unimportant
>comparing two incomparable events
>baseless strawman
Behave, please.

It's fairly simple. Hammerfell only had to face a part of the Dominion army during the Great War, while the rest was active in Cyrodiil.
At the end of the Great War, the Dominion was not only sapped for strength, but now had to fight another war the length of the Great War against gorilla Redguards in the desert. Without a land border, and without any time to rebuild and recuperate from the greatest war in recent history.

Would Hammerfell have won if the Dominion wasn't still bleeding from the Great War? We won't ever know, and I don't particularly care. But it's fairly ignorant to press the illusion that Hammerfell's war somehow happened in a vacuum, just to prove some irrelevant political point.

Saying that Hammerfell won and ignoring the importance of the Great War is like ignoring the effect of the Red Year on the Argonian Invasion.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>49184295
>He challenges the only other demigod he can find on Tamriel
Pic related
>>
>>49192161
Sorry, only other *living* demigod
That fucker is 6 feet under after refusing all my gold I had saved up just for this moment
>>
>>49192161
>>49192199
>implying they aren't the same entity: Sai
>>
>>49191678
I don't even give a shit about the civil war aspect. But there's things in there that are just factually wrong. Even if you so "eloquently" put it with all those ALL CAPS WORDS.

>blatant disregard for changing time periods
Yes, Tiber Septim was sort of a shit. But what does that matter? It's not like the action of one ruler at one time set any eternal precedent for how a state behaves. Care about the current Emperor.

>everything about Tharn
You do realise that Tharn was purposefully destroying the Empire, right? He not only wanted the provinces to rip themselves apart, he actively worked to see it happen. This is essential to the plot of Arena and Shadowkey.

>Illegally annexed land from Elswyr
Leyawiin was originally a human settlement, and the annexation in newer history was a legal agreement between the Empire and the Mane's ownership. The Krin directly oppose the Mane, so it's not a question of the legality of the annexation.

>Oblivion Crisis
Yes, the Potentate left Morrowind on its own to save the seat of the Empire. The actual effect of this is actually likely overstated, since the presence of the Legion in Morrowind wouldn't have changed the situation much. It was largely a political crisis, not a military one. At least the Dunmer got the independence they wanted.
The Empire isn't really responsible for what happened afterwards, since Morrowind seceded.
>>
>>49192356
>Morrowind after the Oblivion Crisis
Morrowind wasn't part of the Empire anymore.

>spineless Emperor that he just ACCEPTS being assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood without a fight
What was the old man going to do? Besides, he has had his time as a warrior, like when he wielded Goldbrand and fought the Dominion.

Also, from a rolelplaying perspective, I doubt any character would know or care about most of these. The actions of some Count in another province two centuries ago wouldn't affect some random Nord much, if she even knew about it. It's just a bunch of points I'd consider largely invalid for any normal character.
But hey, if this is how you roleplay, I won't stop you.
>>
>>49192232
Sai leaving Morrowind between the events of Morrowind and Skyrim would explain why things went so shit for them, and why Skyrim was left almost unscathed by the war. But Sai never struck me as a warrior, and you'd think they would've included a similar character in Oblivion.
>>
>>49192415
Sai was retooled after Daggerfall. He's luck primarily, but it's also a sort of victory god. And he was associated with Ebonarm.
>>
>>49192448
are you just bullshitting?
>>
>>49192448
I finished Wheels of Lull earlier this weekend. Was Llavados implying he was Sotha Sil reincarnated?
>>
>>49192631
No, that wouldn't make sense. Sotha Sil isn't a godfather to memory, he's a father.
>>
>>49188245
>We do not desire thanks, for we do not believe in it.
>We do not ask for gratitude, for we do not believe in it.

absolutelyeuphoric.png
>>
File: image.jpg (343KB, 1134x953px)
image.jpg
343KB, 1134x953px
>>49191502
Hey Janus Hassildor gave his life for his town!
>>
>>49192448
Nah, in Skyrim he was only ever referred to as a luck god.
>>
File: 1472509347363.jpg (1MB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472509347363.jpg
1MB, 848x1200px
>>49163943
What was the most /fa/ location in Tamriel, and why was it Morrowind?
>>
>>49194356
High Rock. Wizards are known for their fashion sense.
>>
>>49192758
well that setting is fucked
>>
File: Fashion.png (2MB, 1024x1508px) Image search: [Google]
Fashion.png
2MB, 1024x1508px
>>49194457
wizard fashion sense is their seventh sense
>>
>>49193372
In Skyrim he's not referred to at all
>>
File: 1438029356702.jpg (64KB, 400x400px)
1438029356702.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
>been replaying Oblivion
>inside a Sigil Keep
>out of nowhere attacked by Audens Avidius

Dude literally followed me into hell to get revenge.
>>
I heard somewhere that everything in the world of TES is magic. What does that make physical damage then?
>>
>>49189255
The ferengi were gilded age capitalists, so not really but this isn't a Trek thread.
>>
>>49194516
I'm pretty sure there's at least a loading screen where it's said that wolves are sacred to Sai. If nothing else, King Edward.
>>
>>49194999
I don't believe EVERYthing is magical. There are mundane metals like Iron and Steel that can't harm certain creatures while something like Ebony can. Every living creature has some amount of magicka though, including plants. Doesn't necessarily mean they can cast spells either.
>>
>>49194999
Magic is the energy of all existence. It's connected to all things, but that doesn't really mean everything is magical in the general sense of the term.
>>
>>49195035
Nope.
>>
>>49192631
Llavados is Vivec
>>
>>49187165
That wasn't what I was even talking about, but alright. I was talking about how the TES franchise was never going to end within our lifetime.

Also, I did use a lot of those spells. Specifically Absorption spells. The drain spells tend to be used for enchantment, yes, but that's not even a bad thing. I like opening up combat with a relevant enchantment, so if I'm fighting giganigga I can drain his strength to where he doesn't hit as hard.
>>
>>49165458
More Sheogorath lore! I want them to finally confirm CoC = Current Mad God.
>>
>>49184708
http://alexeyrudikov.deviantart.com/gallery/35194628/TES

Pic related, his latest work
>>
File: imperialarmor.jpg (50KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
imperialarmor.jpg
50KB, 736x492px
>>49191445
>>49191473
Man, I love Cyrodiil even more now.

'muh ancestors and muh pride' Dunmer get owned everytime. Remember when the Empire sent a whole legion underwater? Hahaha.
>>
>>49191739
>calling Trainwiz a namefag just to fit in
>>
The fifteen and one doesn't really work anymore now that more princes have a different origin story. Like Meridia or Sheogorath.
>>
>>49200265
>hasn't achieved anything besides riding Septim's coattails
(((Imperials))) certainly are a proud and noble race.
>>
>>49200293
How many of them were aedric to daedric specifically, like Malacath though?
>>
>>49198667
Why do you even care? I'd rather leave it hanging, or even get a no, than get a yes. Otherwise I'd have to learn what the Nerevarine's been doing, and where the Agent went to, and what happened to the Eternal Champion, but most importantly, you'd get all the people who think TLD's going to be the next Emperor in an uproar if a hero is confirmed to survive and leave an impact on the world beyond their game.
>>
>>49196308
Have to admit. That mod seemed weak in a lot of places despite it having potential to be more than a janky platformer with unremarkable villainy and meh twists.
But when I saw Memory I fucking wanted to adopt that little salvation of us all, in fact give me 20.
>>
>>49198667
I thought they did.
>>
>>49200408
>Forgetting Reman
Try harder.
>>
Ho Ha Ho. Soon I will eat this kalpa even though it keeps getting bigger. You fuckers cant escape ME.
>>
>>49201341
NO
>>
>>49201294
It played like a Zelda game, which I wasn't expecting, but it wasn't bad. It made it easy to figure out puzzles once I knew it was going to be
>get item
>use item on everything in dungeon
>>
Posting is back!
>>49188245
>>49188394
>>49188433

>We only request you partake of the symbol of our bond, the fruit of the stones around us.
>Know only our mercy and the radiance of our affection, which unbinds your bones to the earth before, and sets your final path to the music of your new eternity.

This reminds me of the idea some anon threw here the other day, about the Falmer being degenerated by the Dwemer to the point of having white souls and the Dwemer contraptions being powered by them, instead of by Lorkhan's heart like in Morrowind (or something like that). It fits with the whole text.
>>
>>49201348
No, you!
>>
UESRPG ded then?
>>
>>49201678
I think Seht has been too busy with real life to focus on UESRPG. He pops in every once in a while.
>>
Noob question: Have Dwemer (except Yagrum) ever saw the Chimer as Dunmer?
>>
>>49201828
They all disappeared right before the Tribunal used the Heart, so no, other than Captain Corprus, no Dwemer have seen them ashskins.
>>
>>49201975
Why is captain corpus so fucking fat?
Is that just how the disease reacts to Dwemer?

And a probably obvious question of where did those pesky dwarves go? Did they CHIM themselves out of existence like I heard?
>>
>>49201998
They definitely didn't zero sum because evidence of them exists everywhere.
Yagrum survived because he was in a different plane when all the dwarves disappeared.
My guess is the live in their own pocket universe that they created. Its very unlikely that they just died.
But nobody really knows.
>>
Give me your Kothringi headcanon, /tgesg/, here's mine:

Kothringi are Anuic, and their pantheon is represented as symbols and nature forces, somewhat similar to how Atmorans/Ancient Nords had animal totems. They worship a whole mess of divines, daedra and et'ada. Molag Bal and Lorkhan are their testing gods. Here's a sketch I made in 1 minute in MS Paint.

>top left: Kynareth
>top right: Satakal/Alduin
>bottom left: Magnus
>bottom right: Lorkhan
>>
>>49201998
Either he's fat because of poor diet and lack of exercise or because the corprus got him all bloated up and shit. Maybe a bit of both. I don't think being fat is necessarily a Dwemer cultural thing.
>>
>>49201998
Liver failure -> low blood protein -> low oncotic pressure -> edema -> abdominal ascites

Chronic illness -> immune exhaustion -> peritonitis? => abdominal ascites

Multiple dermal lesions -> possible route of infection and possible leakage of serum -> low serum protein -> ascites

Liver failure -> concurrent renal failure -> impaired circulation -> increased perfusion time + deficient drainage -> edema -> ascites

Liver + Renal failure -> high blood pressure -> congestive organ failures ----> chronic pancreatitis -> deficiency of digestive enzymes -> malnutrition -> further low blood protein -> muscle wasting -> weakened abdominal wall -> pronounced ascites

Now, if only we could do an ECG and listen to his lungs...
>>
>>49202234
Is Yagrum american?

Doesn't Vvardenfell have decent healthcare with all the mages, apothecaries and priests?
>>
>>49202128
So they finally went to live in that world without gods they desired? Huh.

Would that have had some effect on the god head or whoever is dreaming this nutbar place up?

Speaking of, if you've successfully Memed your way into CHIMING like Viviec, can you survive the universe resets or refreshes?

>>49202234
Huh well when you put it like that I can see why.
>>
>>49202128
>They definitely didn't zero sum because evidence of them exists everywhere.
Zero sum is not retroactive.
>>
>>49202249
Considering any Mage worth his weight in soul gems can make a spell that restores all of your vital stats in one, maybe two castings, I'd assume so too.
>>
>tfw bump limit
>>
>>49202249
Corprus could have initiated an autoimmune complication. Unfortunately, no Restoration would solve that since autoimmune is not a classical illness in terms of external pathogen and internal defense. It's rather a mistake, or friendly fire so to say. Nothing short of Alteration of the immune system would solve that.

However, Alteration in such a way would presumably weaken the immune system on a general array. Yagrum lives in a cave for Vivec's sake. Imagine all the fungal pathogens he's exposed to. Perhaps delaying his Corprus led to a multitude of chronic fungal infections.

Best Fyr can do is disinfecting his skin lesions. At his state, even antibiotics would damage his already dysfunctional liver. Quite a tough case. He should be relocated to an asylum to live out his remaining days in beauty and serenity.
>>
Can Dwemeris actually be translated? Similarly to Calcelmo's Stone, we still have the Egg of Time and Divine Metaphysics... left untranslated after all this time.
>>
>>49202301
>to live out his remaining days
Yes, we get you've studied medicine, but get your lore fixed...
>>
>>49202301
>He should be relocated to an asylum to live out his remaining days in beauty and serenity.
I happen to know a very fancy one in Torval.
>>
>>49202328
>calls someone out
>implies they're snob
>doesn't get ironic shitposting
Anon come on now.

Actually, do we know if Corprus still exists after Dagoth Ur is defeated? Well, maybe for the sake of gameplay Ash Ghouls, Corprus Stalkers and stuff still exist but from the lore point, should they?
>>
>>49202307
There are actually a few people who can read Dwemeris in-setting. Fyr, for example.

As for what we have now, I kind of doubt it. I don't think The Egg of Time or Divine Metaphysics were written in an actual language that we can translate, but are rather just random letters. That's the same way Ta'agra worked before Morrowind, or how how the tattoos on Cyrus' arm work. They don't really mean anything.

But I will compare them to what we now have.
>>
>>49202747
Goodall:
>Egg of Time and Divine Metaphysics are, as far as I know, random Dwemer letters. The letters don't have any real pattern or meaning. Dwemer books probably appear meaningless to anyone but a Dwemer anyway. I have some ideas on how Dwemer books might be misinterpreted by modern scholars, but it has little to do with the actual contents of the book.

Too bad. Goodall was pretty concerned with having actual languages in TES, but it's otherwise not something we see a lot. The fact that the stone had an actual translation is pretty surprising.
>>
>>49202264
zero summing is definitely retroactive that's why its called that. All evidence that you ever existed is erased, not only did you never exist that means you also never zero summed. Its one of the mind fucks associated with CHIM.
>>
>>49200283
Not him, but I did sense some irony in his phrasing.
>>
Working on a dictionary of Falmeris. Will post if thread lives.
>>
>>49202877
B-but Eat the Dreamer...
>>
>>49202884
We got actual new lore man, if you come up with something remarkable just make a new thread if this one dies. Or if it's nothing major, wait until Friday, it's only a few days away.
>>
Before this thread dies I have a question about UESRPG, so we don't have to Dragonbreak.

How would you do Telvanni Bug Musk mechanically? Would the players and NPCs be able to roll a will save, or should it just increase personality?
>>
File: PROMOTIONS.png (557KB, 412x496px)
PROMOTIONS.png
557KB, 412x496px
>post yfw fresh new lore
>>
>>49202929
I'd just increase personality, like it does in game. Shits expensive too, you could make an equivalent potion for less if you're good enough.
>>
>>49202150
Eh, that sounds about right. Personally I never much cared for the silverskins.
>>
File: mfwihnf.png (418KB, 561x938px) Image search: [Google]
mfwihnf.png
418KB, 561x938px
>>49202458

Think of it as magical radiation poisoning. The "reactor" was decommissioned by the Nerevarine, but the entire area's still radioactive, and all the cases of wizard-AIDScancer don't just magically cure themselves.

And of course, the Red Year blew the fallout off of Red Mountain and onto the rest of Vvardenfell, as well as Solstheim and a good chunk of the rest of Morrowind.
>>
>>49203181
That's sort of like calling Nords pinkskins, or Redguards blackskins.
>>
File: 1456605544915.jpg (112KB, 450x599px) Image search: [Google]
1456605544915.jpg
112KB, 450x599px
>>49203286
Fucking daedradiation.
>>
How many of the Telvanni lords survived the red year? I know Neloth lived, but as long as Aryon and Fyr aren't confirmed dead, I still have hope.
>>
>>49203341
I bet Therana is still kicking.
>>
>>49202938
That shopkeeper in the background is too relatable. We've all had that one job in retail or fast food that made you want to jump off a cliff.
>>
>>49203357
I bet she's like a lego and her limbs just popped off and are laying there and she can not comprehend what's happening because everything smells like ash yams now.
>>
>these threads are only created on the weekend(usually)
Fugg, what a shame, /tesg/ is shit and just waifu/Skyrim discussions anymore.
>>
>>49203405
Yeah but last few times we did weekday threads people mostly just shitposted in them.
>>
>>49203422
Yeah it's for the best
>>
>>49203422
>>49203405
>>49202929
>>49202884
We have new, interesting lore and actual discussion, I'm usually opposed, but, shall we have a dragonbreak?
>>
>>49203476
Dare we risk the flavor of shitposting usually found in /tg/?
>>
>>49203476
It's interesting, but a lot of the people who actually discuss it are at work and shit, so I think we should just let us digest the new information, see if anyone else comes up with some interesting stuff, then regroup next time.
>>
>>49203507
Worse case scenario we ignore a few posts. Best case scenario we get new lore and dank memes.
>>49203526
I normally work weekends, Fridays and Mondays, so it's fine with me.
>>
I'd prefer it to remain weekends 2bqh. I like knowing after a week of work, I come home, get drunk and can freely tuskpost without /v/ interfering.
>>
>>49203301
They literally have silver skin and hair. Aside from that there's really nothing else interesting to them aside from headcanon or being humans living in Argonia, and even that's not that cool. Even in ESO they were mostly all dead, and as of where the setting is right now they are most assuredly all dead.
>>
It's not like anyone is suggesting permanent weekday threads. Just one more thread for the new lore, and to see that dictionary.
>>
>>49203706
Why not give anons a week to ruminate on the new lore? It doesn't seem like anything new is coming up now, since the original translation came up yesterday and not much has happened with it since.
>>
I propose we use the weekdays to come up with Kothringi headcanons and Falmeris/Dwemeris translation shenanigans and go mad on Friday.
>>
Now back to your regularly scheduled/tg/ shitposting™
>>
>"Believe" might be "Ge" in Fameris and "Ur" in Dwemeris
Huh.
>>
>>49201490
If I gave it SSE tier puzzles on average players wouldn't figure it out.
>>
>>49204116
Do you have a SSE guide of some sorts?
>>
>>49203476
If we do the thread will probably last till Friday
>>
>>49204170
Started one, but it's such a big mod that I couldn't find the time.
>>
File: 1458762061486.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1458762061486.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
>>49204329
N'wah
>>
Falmeris doesn't appear to have a definite article word like English. This means that you won't find the word "the" in Falmeris. They likely use a suffixed definite article or no definite article. I might have to come back to this.
The usage of prepositions might also be different, often not being used. The word "av" appears to have some broad function as a preposition.
The basic syntax is mainly SVO.
>>
>>49204346
Accept = Arcta
Affection = Malae
Against = Gume
And = Ye
As = Ry (TN: There is a potential problem with this word. The Falmeris word "Ry" seems to correspond to the Dwemeri word "Ur", which in turn seems to correspond to another Falmeri word, "Ge")
Ask = Sepa
Before = Pado
Bones = Anyamis
(Were) Broken = Racuvane
By = As
Culture = Agea
Do not want (Deny/Refuse(?)) = Hecta
(Of the) Dwemer/Dwemerian(?) = Dwemera
Earth = Sercen
Enemies = Gravuloi
Eternity = Oia
Fear not = Abagaiavoy
Fifteen-and-one (TN: The Daedric Princes) = Avatheledia
Final = Wend
(The) Fruit = Cullei
(Were) Given = Calne
(The) Grace = Gandra
Gratitude = Epegandra
Heard = Rautane
Kings (of) = Arani
Know = Malautavoy
Machines = Buroi
Many = Ilpen
Mathematics = Bala
Mercy = Darre
Molagnenseli = Steam gardens
Mora = Morae
Music = Emeratu
New = Bisia
Of/To = Av (TN: Hard to translate because usage of such words depends on semantic role)
Only = Frey
Our = Nou (TN: Possibly also Noue)
Passage = Tarn
Path = Narilia
People = Meldi
(Had) Perished = Nagaiale
(The) Protection (of) = Trumbi
(The) Radiance (of) = Alata
Roaring = Guntumnia
Sent = Hautalle
Sets = Gethena
Snow-throated = Spantelepe-laelia
So = Sa
Stones = Staneia
Survived = Tarcellane
(Thereby) Taking(?) = Metane
Thanks = Arcten
To = Va (TN: Hard to translate because usage of such words depends on semantic role)
Tones = Carelle
Unbinds = Moraga
Under = Garlis
We = Nu
Which = Asma
Wills = Liebali
You = Sye
Your = Sou
>>
>>49204379
(Darkness sets in) = (Loria shanta) (TN: Not quite sure if "Darkness = Loria" and "Sets in/Gathers/Falls = Shanta", or if it's the other way around)
(For we do not believe in it) = (Rias nu nemalauta ge) (TN: Very hard to translate. Possibly the "Rias" is an auxiliary to "Nemalauta" (or visa versa), and the two form a negative construction, akin to how it works in French. For example "Rias nu nemalauta" may then mean "we (do) not" and "Ge = Believe". But this seems to suggest the Dwemeris word "Ur is "Believe", which may be wrong)
(New lives begin) = (Anyamissi bisia silya) (TN: I'm sure that "New = Bisia", but not about the others)
(Path to the music of) = (Narilia vey emeratu) (TN: I'm fairly certain that "Path = Narilia" and "Music = Emeratu")
(Vision clouds) = (Alasil auta) (TN: Not quite sure if "Vision = Alasil" and "Clouds = Auta" or if it's the other way around)
(The symbol of our bond) = (Varlor denai) (TN: My guess would be that "Varlor = Symbol" and "Denai = Bond")
>>
File: 1460917814628.jpg (404KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1460917814628.jpg
404KB, 1680x1050px
>>49204379
>>49204346
You're doing God's work, anon.
>>
>>49204400
The following is a "retranslation" of the words on the stone, using the dictionary to make a more literal translation.

>Ye sa sou meldi calne tarn va nou molagnenseli, ye trumbi nou bala.
>And so your people (were) given passage to our steam gardens, and the protection (of) our mathematics.

>Ilpen av sou meldi nagaiale as guntumnia, spantelepe-laelia arani Morae, ye sou liebali racuvane, ye nu rautane sye, ye nu hautalle nou buroi gume sou gravuloi, sa metane sye garlis.
>Many of your people (had) perished by roaring, snow-throated kings (of) Mora, and your wills (were) broken, and we heard you, and we sent our machines against your enemies, so thereby taking you under.

>Frey as gandra dwemera tarcellane sou agea, ye frey as emeratis Avatheledia carelle sou anyamissi bisia silya.
>Only by (the) grace (of the) Dwemer survived your culture, and only by (the) fifteen-and-one tones your (new lives begin).

>Nu hecta sou arcten, rias nu nemalauta ge. Nu hecta sou epegandra, rias ne nemalauta ge.
>We deny your thanks, (for we do not believe in it). We deny your gratitude, (for we do not believe in it).
>>
>>49204432
>Nu frey sepa sye arcta varlor denai, cullei noue staneia.
>We only ask you accept (the symbol of our bond), (the) fruit (of) our stones.

>Ye ry sou alasil auta, ry loria shanta, abagaiavoy.
>And as your (vision clouds), as (darkness sets in), fear not.

>Malautavoy fey nou darre ye alata nou malae, asma moraga sou anyamis av sercen pado, ye gethena sou wend narilia vey emeratu sou oia bisia.
>Know only our mercy and (the) radiance (of) our affection, which unbinds your bones to (the) earth before, and sets your final (path to the music of) your eternity new.

Everything is still kind of iffy and speculative at this point, but it seems to work decently enough. I feel very certain about most words. I'll do Dwemeris next, but that looks significantly more complicated. And we only have "indirect" access to it, since the translation we have is a translation of the Falmeris part of the stone.
>>
>>49204475
Please repost this on Friday, along with any new discoveries
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.