[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asoiaf/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 11

File: moreliketheRADking.jpg (64KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
moreliketheRADking.jpg
64KB, 500x625px
A Song of Ice and Fire General: Aerys II Had Mad Style Edition.

Objectively, which kingdom is best kingdom?

A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP

The Lands of Ice and Fire (Maps)
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q5a5zbkb30uxo/TLoIaF

A Game of Thrones: The Living Card Game
-Tutorial, Rules and Errata
>http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=10&esem=4
-Card Spoilers
>http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/GoTCards.html
-Deckbuilder
>http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/gameofthrones/game-of-thrones-deck-builder
>>
File: robert-stannis-renly-baratheon.jpg (123KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
robert-stannis-renly-baratheon.jpg
123KB, 400x300px
>>49254279
>Objectively, which kingdom is best kingdom?
Stormlands
>>
>>49254351
> Rains all the god-damn time
> Sometimes it rains so bad that castles disappear
> Half the kingdom exists solely to keep the Dornish out

No thanks.
>>
>>49254442
>not wanting a martial kingdom to keep the dornish menace out and to steal some qt dornish maiden to make Storms with.
shiggy.
>>
>>49254351
Stormlands is like third after Dorne and Reach.

Southern Westeros is just better I guess.
>>
>>49254351
Praise based Baratheons
>>
>>49254707
this.

Can't wait for the battle on ice
>stannis genociding frey fucking shits and making the north bend the knee to him.
>>
>>49254787
It hurts knowing Stannis probablywont get what's rightfully his in the end
>>
>>49254787
Hell no, martin gonna change the book to match the series.
>>
>>49254805
eh, he will be a measurement against which later rulers will be measured by the fanbase. Its a pretty good legacy.
>>49254807
sure thing Dabid
>>
>>49254517
I'd accept an argument for the Reach, but there's no way you can convince me that Dorne is the best kingdom. The best thing Dorne has produced is the Sand Steed, and it's questionable whether or not the Dornish can actually take credit for that.
>>
>>49254959
Dorne can be credited for flouting restrictive Andal tradition, surviving centuries of two other kingdoms beating down on it, coming closest of all Westerosi to beating the Targs, and generally eking out a (relatively) cosmopolitan existence despite their land being mostly mountains and deserts.
>>
>>49254279
I'd almost say Dorne, due to generally better social climate and ass-kicking of Targs, but the Reach has Oldtown.
I love Oldtown. It has Maesters and shit. Fuck yeah Oldtown.
>>
I wish I had a crown in the shape of windswept turds.
>>
Starting a new game soon and have heard the mass combat rules don't work. Is there a fix or a homebrew solution already out there, or am I going to have to write something up myself?
>>
File: vale.jpg (241KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
vale.jpg
241KB, 800x565px
>>49254279
If it wasn't constantly being bumfucked by hill tribes I'd be tempted to call the Vale the best kingdom.

> Naturally defensible
> Sustainably fertile land
> Muh pure Andal blood
> Fuckin' gorgeous
>>
>>49255802
They do and they don't, half of them works in a certain situation and half in another.
You cannot have both and cannot switch back and forth.
>>
>>49255830
you forgot
>ruled by an imbecile who drinks momma's milk at 5.
>>
>>49255830
>>49256923
Probably would have been a contender in Jon Arryn's day, when there was a firm, respected man in charge and the wildlings were too scared of him to do anything.
>>
>>49257240
I wonder how much of the vale fell to pieces because of lysa. The mountain tribes were going nuts all over the passes when she died.
>>
>>49255830
>Sustainably fertile land

I hope you like population density comparable to the fucking North.
>>
I know it's technically not a kingdom but Dragonstone is da best.
>>
>>49258495
its pretty much targaryen troy
>>
Think the Reach may be the best place to live.
>>
>tfw Father is getting fucked over again
>>
>>49259983
Maybe if the Seven don't want to get fucked they could try doing something once in a while

It's not that hard to shit out a shadow baby once in a while, y'know
>>
File: A.D.png (164KB, 820x836px) Image search: [Google]
A.D.png
164KB, 820x836px
>>49259983
That's what he gets for using a fucking laptop.
>he fell for the windows 10 update.
>>
>>49260273
Good ol' reliable 7
>>
>>49260273
Huh, I didn't think he was still active, no idea why.
>>
>>49260596
He took a month off to get caught up with some real life stuff then when was suppose to return got call in for work and had to wait intill today but his laptop shit the pants.
>>
File: Qarth2.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Qarth2.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>49254279
Qarth.
>>
>>49261016
>The only place more inbred than Kings Landing.
>>
>>49260273
>Brynden will never have children with Isis and spawn genetically pure Valyrian children.
>>
>>49261030
I dunno, there doesn't seem to be nearly as much madness among the Qartheen as there was among the Targaryens. They all look pretty similar, but they probably have a drip-feed of rich foreigners they let in to provide new genetic material.

That said, just about all the Free Cities, Slavers Bay, and Qarth are supposed to be much nicer/cleaner than Westeros. How many Westerosi lords do you think attempt to liquidate their assets to just go live as a moderately well off person in Essos? I know that's what I would do.
>>
>>49261198
Im not sure but i do think there are some who has done it. But for the life of me i cannot remember who.
>>
>>49261198
Makes me wondering there is any house creation for Free Cities ?

Like creating a Lyseni trading family or something like that
>>
>>49263183
Eh, probably a little less interesting. I imagine small "houses" in the free cities have a much higher turn over rate. Claims are a lot less important than wealth, so the names move around a lot more. Only the highest echelons are stable for an extended period of time and even then families would fall and others would rise pretty quickly.
>>
>>49261158
Why do you do this to me Anon?
>>
>>49263242
Rhaeger was almost as crazy as his father.
>>
>>49263304
You mean he was slightly less crazy than a totally sane man?

Sign me right the hell up for a king like that.
>>
>>49263216
So it would pretty much be faster hardmode ?
>>
>>49263395
Sounds like a good time honestly.
>>
>>49263216
>>49263395
It's surprisingly easy to turn over a profit if the players are dedicated to the cause, even if the GM tries to throw up roadblocks the players will find some way around it in order to fill their halls with Valyrian Gold.

>Source
Had a game where the players made a ludicrous, Karban-esque, amount of money through shady business deals and several iron mines. They wound up founding a bank in the Westerlands to rival the Iron Bank of Braavos.
>>
What's the deal with Father?
>>
>>49267453
Basically he dreads having to deal with us all again, especially all the shitty namefags, and keeps making up reasons not to post threads.
>>
>>49267514
can't say I blame him.
>>
What does /tg/ think of the white walkers?
are they necessarily evil?
>>
File: An ancient evil is powering up.gif (484KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
An ancient evil is powering up.gif
484KB, 704x396px
>>49269001
Ancient Evil.
>>
NEW BOOK WHEN GURM
>>
>>49269001
Probably, but the Others are intelligent enough to believe that they're in the right.
>>
>>49269001
No. They're an embodiment of an idea that ought not to exist. If the origin in the show is the same in the books, and IIRC I think GRRM admitted it is, then they're the result of the Children trying to push against a natural order they had no right to push against.

Think about it, they're supposed to be the embodiment of nature, but they go so far to avoid survival of the fittest that they create magic ice zombies to defend themselves? That's asking for divine repercussions. Ice preserves, that's a big problem. Not everything lasts forever, and understanding/accepting that is a vital part of knowing the natural order.
>>
Which race is best and why is it the Rhoynar?
>>
>>49274174
Ibbenese.
>>
>>49274255
this.
Or naath.
>>
File: tumblr_ny3s74GfKN1slgvleo1_500.png (464KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny3s74GfKN1slgvleo1_500.png
464KB, 500x483px
>>49274174
That's not the Lengii.

Sarnori are a close second, but they ended up getting buttfucked.
>>
File: dothraki-lite.jpg (97KB, 633x522px) Image search: [Google]
dothraki-lite.jpg
97KB, 633x522px
>>49274174
The Jogos Nhai are pretty cool as a kind of african-mongol fusion culture. Plus, zorses > horses
>>
>people talk about how realistic everything gurm does is.
>the mountain charges alone into a pike line and destroys it.
Ayy lmao.
>>
>>49275758
Anyone who argues that is dumb as a sack of hammers. ASoIaF is almost Howardian fantasy hiding under an incredibly thin veneer of realism.
>>
>>49275758
>>people talk about how realistic everything gurm does is... COMPARED TO OTHER FANTASY WORKS
I mean, does anyone else remember when Aragorn charged into a line of pike? Or for that matter, when he jumped off a wall into the middle of an invading army... and survived?
>>
>>49275758
I think authentic is a better word to describe the series.
>>
>>49275797
aragorn did neither of those things.
>>
>>49275898
He did in the films. And that's what most morons will have as their point of reference.
>>
>>49276015
most morons need to be lobotomized then.

I find it interesting that gurm talks about how tolkien doesn't talk about aragorn's tax policies, while we don't know what littlefinger does except borrow from banks.
>>
>>49276057
Littlefinger is pretty much an analogy for the modern state of politics. To advance his own power he supports wasteful spending and constantly borrows more and more to support a state that by all rights ought to be bankrupt, and the bankers allow it because they are perfectly happy to put everyone in the state he is managing into debt slavery.
>>
>>49276158
I thought he was supposed to represent the the renaissance coming to Europe?
>>
>>49276165
The banks came with the renaissance and the collection of wealth in city-states, so maybe.
>>
>>49276204
>>49276165
>>49276158
or maybe, just maybe he is just a cheeky character who fucked his way to the top.
>>
>>49276337
I mean, granted, his relationship with the wife of a lord paramount and hand of the king was his way to get his foot in the door of the lucrative position of master of coin, but I don't see that rampant nepotism invalidates the comparison to modern politics.
>>
>>49276419
nepotism and governmental corruption has always existed since there have been organized governments. It has nothing to do with modern politics.
I wonder if its the prevalence of the internet that makes people see the most retarded connections between two very different things.

To me littlefinger is symptomatiic of the rot that has seeped into the seven kingdoms post rhaegar getting gibbed and the kingdom being run by a fat drunk whoremonger and a hand who was too old and didn't care about anything except keeping the kingdom stable.

Rhaegar was supposed to be the opposite of what robert's reign became.
>>
>>49276670
>advocating Targaryen rule
hahahahaha faggot you might have had an argument if not for that
>>
>>49276670
He's the future nigga. Liquid wealth is worth way more than fiefs and serfs.

Also, Rhaegar was a bipolar spastic who everyone loved because he played the harp good and had pretty hair. He would have made as good a king as Renly.
>>
>>49276780
Rhaegar was 11/10 perfect crown prince and would save the 7 kingdoms and be the best king ever.

If not for that northern whore and her witchcraft.
>>
>>49276808
Easy there Targfag, stow your autism for a second.
>>
>>49276744
>targs are bad because of reasons
aerys had a good stint before he went off the deep end.

>>49276780
>liquid wealth is worth more
this is a largely stagnant setting. Land and labor are often times the most valuable resource one can have, especially with winter approaching.
>>
>>49277012
And Rhaegar didn't even get to his stint before going off the deep end.

I'm not saying Targaryen rule is good, just that it's the same as Baretheon at this point.
>>
>>49277085
The difference is from what we see of rhaegar, we know he was the opposite of bobby b, willing to listen to other lords and actually learn stuff he was not good at.

Bobby was a frat boy in his 40s still thinking about his waifus while his kingdom was being run into the ground.
>>
>>49277144
Rhaegar was also prone to secluding himself away for days or even weeks at a time because of his wild moods.

He did, regardless of intent or mutuality, start the whole Rebellion by provoking Robert by kidnapping a woman who was promised to another.
>>
>>49277168
>a woman who was promised to another
And who promised her?

Not herself.
>>
>>49277187
That's irrelevant. We're not talking about how good a guy he is, we're talking about how good a king he is.

He did the same shit Robb did, but worse. He buttfucked a whole goddamn country for his personal feelings. Admittedly, Robert does the same, but that's my point.
>>
>>49277201
So you think joining every single Lord Paramount house in marriage should be overlooked by the ruling family because there is no way that could possibly end badly?
>>
>>49277240
In the options between maybe a war and definitely a war, he picked the latter. He managed to piss off the Martells by cheating on his wife.

He screwed the pooch in every possible way. He may as well have legalized Iron Born reaving he made such a bad decision.
>>
>>49277266
>cheating on his wife
The Targaryens practiced incest and polygamy.

There was no cheating involved.
>>
>>49277274
He had no sisters. He had his own wife, Elia Martell. Who he spurned for anothers betrothed.

More importantly, and really what should be said first, is that if he was such a good man why didn't he stop his father?
>>
>>49277297
He was going to. Told Jaime that when he came back he would "deal" with his father.
>>
>>49277297
that was literally what the tournament at harrenhal was all about. All the major lords who were becoming increasingly uncomfortable with how off his rocker aerys was getting were going to come together, and prince charming was going to be there as well. Varys got wind of it and told the old man. Because he couldn't kill them all without proofs, he just went there and cockblocked it.

Rhaegar even told blondie that once the war was over he would make changes.

Does anyone think cersei had the right of it? If she had married rhaegar, she would have made all the babbies he needed for his tarded prophecies.
>>
>>49277394
No, because she has her own prophecies.
>>
>>49277407
>>49277394
>Believing in prophecies

Bet you guys think Whitewalkers are real too.
>>
>>49277430
how are white walkers not real if sam stabbed one?
>>
>>49278605
lol who the fuck is sam ?

You shouldnt believe old stories meant to scare children. Bet you think giants exist too ?
>>
>>49278658
yeah, only dragons existed. pfft
>>
>>49255830
>muh pure Andal blood

Hardly. House Arryn is the oldest line of Andal nobility in Westeros, but the Vale is not anymore "pure Andal" than anywhere else. The second most powerful house in the Vale are the Royces of Runestone... a line dating back to the First Men.

Every one in the Vale is an Andal/First Man mutt.
>>
>>49278824
are there even any pure first men bloodlines?
Is jorah pure?
Do you think he will find his waifu?
talking about the book BTW
>>
>>49278896
Jorah got shit luck when it comes to women. So i doubt it.
>>
>>49278906
kinda feel bad for him, but his punished jorah transformation is pretty badass. If even an edgelord like tyrone shut the fuck up after seeing him, it means he probably looks like doomguy.
>>
Anyone have the
>sunset found her
wojack edit with gurm's face?
>>
>>49278896
Skaggossi and Mountain clans in the North would be the purest
>>
>>49279509
they would largely be inbred, especially the skaggossi.
>>
>>49279653
Not a drop of Southtron blood in them, sir. Isn't that what you asked, just in a different packaging?
>>
>>49279835
the skaggossi would be largely inbred, like ozarks tier inbred.
>>
>>49279900
100% inbred First Men blood.

None purer. Or maybe that of the Free Folk beyond the wall.
>>
I am running a quest about asoiaf on /qst/ my fellow ASOIAF fans.

It is loosely based off the ASOIAF roleplaying game system.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Westeros

I took over from the previous QM in thread 3. Ctrl + f TrickQM to find where I start posting.

I would appreciate any new blood.

The story is specifically about a modern day ASOIAF fan who wakes up in the North in Westeros around the time of Jon Arryn's death.

Thank you for reading my post!
>>
>>49282851
good luck
>>
>>49269001
what type of magical beings are the Others/White Walkers suppose to be? I used to think they're Liches, but they're not undead since they use sacrificial infants to make more of themselves. A friend did say they'd be considered Wraiths, but what really?
>>
>>49286554
Kinda like fae they way I see it.
>>
File: poleboat.jpg (159KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
poleboat.jpg
159KB, 500x355px
Qaarth has the Sorrowful Men; Braavos has the Faceless Men - are there any other canon assassin groups?

Also, if I were to make an assassin group based around the Orphans of the Greenblood, what sort of things should I take into account?
>>
>>49290159
Well, I imagine most of the free cities have their own minor assassin groups. The Faceless men seem to be the only really magical group, and the only group popular in many different places.
>>
>>49254351
Who would you rather follow into battle Bobby B before he became fat or the Mannis?
>>
>>49290201
Is Robert ever actually described as a very good leader? Or just a good soldier and an inspiring presence?

Because probably Stannis. He's got arguably more military victories under his belt.
>>
File: iExoWIB.jpg (402KB, 1600x1756px) Image search: [Google]
iExoWIB.jpg
402KB, 1600x1756px
>>49290201
Buff Bobby B, no question.
>>
When do we get Song of Famine and Feast?
>>
>>49290201
Robert. I like actually winning.

Just hope that Tarly cunt doesn't come around.
>>
>>49290228
What the hell is War axe guy trying to accomplish there? Trying to kill the Water?
>>
>>49290309
Do you not see the guy in yellow on the ground?
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.