[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unique space campaigns/setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What are some cool unique and interesting things to have in space? what are some things you don't see in space games?

i was talking with a friend and we thought it would be cool to run superheroes in space, were not sure exactly how it would work but it sounds pretty fun.

What are some other things you could mix or add to make a space game more than just aliens and ships?

Also is it more or has there been a little spike in space talk lately on /tg/?
>>
Players are space roadies for a space rock star, they have to deal with groupies n shit and they still get to travel
>>
Space call of cthulu? I can still see players getting scared by eldritch horrors in space, especially in tight enclosed corridors of a derelict ship
>>
>>49254387
This. Even if you don't go the full on wacky route this idea has potential for I think it would be cool to see more things about weird mundane space jobs, like that one anime about the trash collectors in space.
>>
Last one from me.

Battle royale, a giant space deathmatch, if you have a cool group make it a free for all. If your players can't handle not killing eachother immediately have it be a team based thing.

But I'm not sure how this would work unless it's in some form of confined area
>>
The absolute earliest days of interplanetary travel. Clunky ships barely able to handle the job they were built for because nobody has any idea of what could be out there. Space Westerns have been done before but this space Lewis and Clarke.
>>
>>49254387
OP here, what would you even have them do? hmm... find the rockstar when he goes off wandering before the show. catch the thief who stole the lead guitar. this could work, it sounds fun and not murder-hobo
>>
players are competing for the title of "Titanium Chef" the party is a group of chefs who entered the galaxies most prestigious cooking competition. each week they are dropped off in a different sector and must hunt and cook the rarest of cuisines
>>
>>49254071
Spehss Truckers! They are either transport pilots or fighter/warship pilots assigned to protect them.
During their many voyages, suddenly clear that a strange conspiracy is going on, and our heroes must survive a ambush by strange, black ships. Following their daring escape, one of them discovers a piece of cargo that wasn't on the list: a new piece of wondrous tech! Soon enough, they all discover similar things in their cargo holds.
Needing to know what it does and survive long enough to do so,
they must travel from end to end (figuratively) of the galaxy, and pass through beautiful, exotic locations! From the lawless reaches of the Marsh to the awe-inspiring capital of the benevolent Alliance (where they'll be ambushed by an immense armada and aided first by local authorities, and then by a mighty Battlegroup of the great Alliance navy, and even civilian ships!), and encounter many people of all species and roles. Will our heroes resist long enough to discover the purpose of Devices? Who can they trust? Will they find friends in the stars? Will their company have to give refunds to the buyers that will never see that microwave that they bought?
>>
Space Terrformers. Going from barren planet to moon or even asteroids and trying to terraform them at they tastes with wacky ways, fighting Von Neumann ships gone mad, space hippies etc.
>>
>>49255597
would play
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.