[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 49

File: image.jpg (477KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
477KB, 811x542px
Word Bearers: Can't Live With Them, Can't Let Them Live Edition
New general image Sub-Edition
Another axe and Aquila discussion happened, we've seen painting horror, Malcador's chair and which legion has the best Termies became a topic, and we discussed Word Bearers and much more in the last bread >>49222697
Red Book Links:
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Crusade Imperialis epub:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/meqp1hn5sa3d6gt/The_Horus_Heresy_%E2%80%93_Crusade_Imperialis_-_Army_Lists.epub
Strawpoll links: http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
www.strawpoll.me/10663447
>>
First for securtarii!
>>
Until we get skitarii with 30k rules, are we stuck with cult militia? I love their models and want to use them in the heresy.
>>
>>49240182
Kitbash man. Kitbash with thralls or enginseers. Or your Magos.
>>
File: sorcerer.jpg (1MB, 2106x2404px) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer.jpg
1MB, 2106x2404px
What would be the best way to use WB allies for summoning daemons purposes? Zardu Layak with minimum Troops?
>>
>>49240297
He's asking about rules, not models.
>>
>>49240310
He's a ML2 Diabolist (Daemon), so yeah, I guess.
>>
>>49240319
He asked if he was stuck using militia to use the models, because he wanted to use rules that represented them.

I proposed kit bashing to provide both rules and a means of using the models in a better way than stand in militia. >>49240319
>>
>>49240388
How does kitbashing models affect the rules?
>>
It's happening anons.

9 thallax two irad cleansers one plasma fusil

2 castallax

1 thanatar

1 Magos

1 cerastus knight atropos

You did this to me anons. You did this to me.
>>
>>49240578
Nigga, I recommended kit bashing wth mechanicum as a means of providing rules that are better than militia.

Don't be dense.
>>
All I wanted was a little cheese. A little word bearer cheese. A smidge f mastery level 3. It's too late now. Too late for me...

Good bye cruel Galaxy, I will conquer systems for the machine god now.
>>
>>49240612
Why can't you just use Mechanicum rules for the skitarii models without having to kitbash?
>>
File: 1459046986997.gif (2MB, 220x190px) Image search: [Google]
1459046986997.gif
2MB, 220x190px
>>49240593
>>49240633
Are you cheesed-out WB?
>>
>>49240633

Traitor or Loyalist?

Think carefully.
>>
File: Tal.jpg (191KB, 900x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Tal.jpg
191KB, 900x1272px
>>49240973

With WB there is only 1 choice.
>>
>>49240973
>loyalist WB
>>
>>49237974
Most 2nd founding chapters only adopted new color schemes after being founded, but a few were already on their way. The Black Templars are the best-known example; they were already wearing mostly black during the Heresy (with some yellow that they later dropped).

For Flesh Tearers, I wouldn’t go all the way. I can see them starting to paint some armor pieces black during the Heresy, maybe during the Siege of Terra, but using a darker shade of red seems less likely.
>>
>>49241094
>>49241281
He's talking about whether to be loyalist or traitor as Mechanicum. For the Machine God.
Most stuff wants you to be DarkMech, though.
Scoria, thicc "Castellax-bodied" Satarael and Draykavac are all DarkMech.

And then there's angry loyalist Reductor Caleb Decima hanging out with undead Crysos Morturg.
>>
Need 42 x MK2 shoulder pads - what do ?
>>
>>49240593
You're welcome.
>>
>>49241472
>tfw no separate kits of plain shoulderpads or armour mark backpacks
FW pls
People seem to be selling the B@C box bits in bundles on ebay so you might have some luck over there.
>>
>>49241718
>B@C
>Mk2
>>
>>49241281
>implying they left behind no garrisons, fleets stuck in the warp, or fled the purge
>>
>>49241718
>B@c
>Mk2
Even Battle for prospero, BfP, won't have mk2
>>
>>49241755
What happened to 30k being the hobby game where you sculpt half your army into existence
>>
>>49240633
If you want to cheese go crawling back to 40k and pick up some gay space elves or vagina-head fisman. That's what it's there for
>>
File: bacshoulders.jpg (215KB, 860x697px) Image search: [Google]
bacshoulders.jpg
215KB, 860x697px
>>49241755
fucking fite me bro irl
>>
>>49241812
That ended when they released models for most units.
>>
>>49241774
Actually he's most likely correct; so far not only have we not seen one (that sniper guy doesn't count since he's a blackshield) but because they slowly killed them off over 40 decades by sending them into highly dangerous positions
>>
BAC has some mk2 in it?
i bought mk2 upgrade shoulders for jetbikes and speeders, then realised they had mk4 for the other shoulder.... so im short 42 mk2 shoulders :(
>>
>>49241872
Sergeant shoulder pads. As you can see on this image of a sergeant in Mk IV wearing them. Seriously, a true 30k player who has put effort and dedication into their army could tell the difference between what you posted and Mk II shoulderpads a mile away.
>>
>>49241981
Guess I'm not true enough for the hobby then.
>>
>>49240973
Probably loyalist. I don't really care for flesh magic. I'm turned off by the daemon aesthetic anyway.

I much prefer cold iron and copper over
Wierd daemon colors.

Plus, the loyalist mechanicum elements are pretty metal, despite the scrap code and shit they still brutally main the tsars mechanicum.

I'll never forget how the clashing of their forces was portrayed in Mechanicum. The torrential roaring of steel slamming into steel, oil slick blades, hammers and the like rose and fell in their own grim staccato. Such devastating blows where mirrored, amplified by the howling of ancient cannonades, the cascade of shells sized amongst boulders, each bearing payloads the likes of which the emperors finest couldn't hope to match.

It was upon the red stained soil of Mars the Imperium fell, secrets of artifice lost with each strewn shamble of machinery.
Lu
Gg
>>
>>49242020
I'm afraid you're going to have to leave sir, turn in your heresy card at the door and forget all references to beep boops, free chain axes and geometry.
>>
I've got a book from BL that's a collection of Jes Goodwin sketches. I appreciate the attention to detail as much as the next guy for the armor marks, but there's a quote from him personally to the effect of "ya we designed it that way, but we never really wanted to officially push constructing them that way because of 'your dudes.'"

If you want to call an anon out for it it's a free internet, but seriously. The designers of the game don't give a shit. It wouldn't blow my mind if a bro slapped some ablative armor on his shoulder pad for tacticool reasons. Isn't mk4 supposed to be a frankenstein, cost efficient stopgap during the heresy due to desperate times anyway?
>>
>>49242086
>Isn't mk4 supposed to be a frankenstein, cost efficient stopgap during the heresy due to desperate times anyway?
thats mk5

and mk5 is a SHIT
>>
>>49242086
I think you mean mk5. Instead of screws and stitches you get a studded crotch.
You're now imagine the "It's alive!" scene with a techmarine shouting it as lightning hits a marine's crotch studs.
>>
>tfw all those cool ass sounding BL books we'll never get to see because they want to keep the hype going and want to end it by book 60

Every night, I can feel them...
>>
>>49242401
That might have been earlier on, but every since Vulkan Lives the quality of the HH series has taken a nosedive into wankingfanfic and can't-be-arsed-really filler content. And don't even get me started on the amount of unplausible scenarios and plotholes.

For example, remember that whole setup for a civil war between Alpharius and Omegon ? Has no relevance whatsoever , because somebody tried and failed to make Dorn look cool.
>>
>>49240310

Palatine blades are great and Gal Vorbak are a very nice compliment.

Basically only posessed stuff
>>
>>49242679
>And that clash between the dark Angel brothers, yeah scratch that because the author wanted to call the lion a fucking autist
FTFY
>>
File: Armillus_Dynat.png (627KB, 865x443px) Image search: [Google]
Armillus_Dynat.png
627KB, 865x443px
>>49240973

Why not both
>>
>>49242086
MK 5 is studs to stop bolters and CCW
Mk 4 is holy cow we got advanced tech, let's make these guys into void soldiers
>>
File: wb-rules.jpg (37KB, 759x95px) Image search: [Google]
wb-rules.jpg
37KB, 759x95px
>>49241774
The computer says "No."
>>
File: 20160908_133715.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160908_133715.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>49242086
Last sentence, from "the Gothic and the Eldritch"
>>
File: 99590102166_LegionAshenCircle04.jpg (46KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590102166_LegionAshenCircle04.jpg
46KB, 600x620px
>>49241281

Loyaler than the most loyal of all loyalists

Dare you say otherwise?
>>
goddamit I need a primarch
just need one that fun to build and paint
what would people think is the best one for that?
>>
File: not-mark-v.jpg (603KB, 1636x1815px) Image search: [Google]
not-mark-v.jpg
603KB, 1636x1815px
>>49242086
That's when they were making 40k, where shit's put together from all sorts of bits. In 30k suits were designed and made as complete kits. Of course there's variations, personal touches, repairs, etc. to consider, but as a whole they were far more uniformed than in 40k.

Also, MkV had a design and even non-production MkVs have some design elements in common. Just slapping together shit doesn't make it a MkV.

It's the crotch studs that makes it a MkV.
>>
>>49242679
Scars and Path of Heaven came after Vulkan Lives, and they're solid.

The Alpha Legion could still be interesting... but only if they're willing to finally write some actual content and not just give us more questions. As you say, Praetorian of Dorn didn't clarify anything at all regarding Alpharius's goals and motivations and that pissed me off. If it had, I would've actually paid for it despite reading the epub someone posted here.

Anyway, there's still potential. Not a civil war anymore, but we know Omegon's helped the loyalists at times. He'll keep doing that while being careful to keep Horus thinking he's on the traitor side (now that Omegon has to pretend to be Alpharius). It's not like the loyalists would accept the Alpha Legion if he announced that they were actually on their side. The AL are now lost and confused, hoist by their own petard.
>>
>>49243063
Ferrus Manus has the best-posed model, imo. Best face, too. A pity he doesn't last longer.
>>
>>49243122
But
>omegon playing double agent storyline
is infinitely worse than
>omegon playing double agent while Alpharius tries to stop him

Mainly because there's actual conflict in legion. Can Omegon trust his bodyguards? Can Alpharius?
Stuff like that

Now you've got Omegon just sabotaging the effort with no one to stop him
>>
>>49242902
Duck you they're imperial heralds
>>
>>49243188
They missed an opportunity to have a random legionnaire with a meltagun stumble upon Alpharius and Omegon fighting each other.
>Alpharius tells the guy, "Shoot him!"
>Alpharius says, "No, I am Alpharius, shoot HIM!"
>Random legionnaire says, "I am Alpharius" and shoots both of them.
>Alpharius sneaks up from behind and shoots Alpharius.

>BL still doesn't tell the reader what the hell just happened.
>>
>>49243188
Exactly, and what's also a major problem with Alpharius being gone : there is absolutely nothing preventing Omegon from just withdrawing the Alpha Legion from the Traitor's side and either joining the Loyalists or supporting them from the shadows.

Because if there is any legion surely capable of getting out of the traitor camp, it has to be the AL. Just look at the Ravenguard. Despite being AL wannabes, already loyalist and all that, they managed to escape the clusterfuck that was Istvann V with their primarch alive. Without any bullshit like Vulkan got by the way (If I wanted to read about unkillable, uncorruptable whitewashed good guys I'd be reading age of smegma fic)
>>
>>49242679
I agree.

Scars was good, but everything else has been poor.
>>
Anybody got latest reading map?
>>
>>49243340
vengful spirit was fucking awesome
>>
>>49242679
On the oe hand I would love Alpha legion civil war, but there are so many subplots in entire HH alone, I dont need another one, I can bearly keep up as it is.
Also it is topic we seen several times now. White scars had internal conflict, Dark Angels will have internal conflict.
>>
I get nerdgasm reading about the HH and the new figs etc, but how does it play out compared to 40k? What is it like?
>>
>>49243389
But this time it's different, scars and DA are marines vs Primarch; this is primarch vs primarch, and since almost no lore existed on the AL you've got carte Blanche to write whatever you want.

Also if you've already set up the subplot it seems stupid to derail it out of nowhere
>>
>>49243366
I didn't think so.

I generally find McNeill's books to be OK, and not much more.
>>
>>49243443
Nah, it provided a shot of adrenaline to a series that was drowning in muck and actually moved it forward, but let's agree to disagree
>>
>>49243437
Da vas Luther vs Lion, and Luther was primarch level strong due to Chaos, if I recall, but I get your point.
And yeah, bummer for creating something and than forgeting about it, but mabye they dropped it, thinking the payoff would not be so great
>>
>>49243474
I agree with that. Without Vengeful Spirit the series and would've been at a dead halt. At least that is my impression, not having read the latest 2.

I just didn't think it was very well written.
>>
>>49243397
It used to be waves of marines charging each other
Then it was death stars charging eachother
Then it was vechiles ramming each other
And now it's vechiles ramming eachother whilst death stars kill everything and your 2 tactical squads camp at the back of the board
>>
File: the death of the old legion.png (995KB, 772x647px) Image search: [Google]
the death of the old legion.png
995KB, 772x647px
>>49241895
>>49241774
>>49243229
Oh, they spared none. Considering they spent 40 years secretly culling their loyalists and the Crusade lasted about 200 years, it means 20% of that time was spent on getting rid of their loyalists.

The Imperial Heralds died a looong time ago...but then we have Endryd Haar, a dude from even before the XIIIth took the name of "War Hounds".

Could the Imperial Heralds be represented by taking Stubborn as their Legiones Astartes rule?
>>
>>49243579
Would it be better to run them as stubborn legiones astartes or as blackshields
>>
>>49243689
I'm biased towards Stubborn marines due to WB Legiones Astartes rule being morale-centered, but whatever you choose, fluff them nicely.

Also, loyal Ashen Circle are beste.
>>
>>49243366
Book got me hyped for possible Adeptus Titanicus game. And I started working on SoH army right before hand
>>
File: 1306597899949.jpg (45KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1306597899949.jpg
45KB, 315x315px
How would an Kaoz Boyz army look?

Also, if you amalgamated Kaoz Boyz with feral Tyranid mounts/fast attack, what would you end up with?
>>
>>49243917
you'd get fuck off to 40k general?
>>
File: chaos-up-in-this-motherfucker.jpg (67KB, 550x495px) Image search: [Google]
chaos-up-in-this-motherfucker.jpg
67KB, 550x495px
>>49243994
I AM PRECISELY WHERE I INTEND TO BE
>>
>>49244013
>UNJUSTLY HATED
>>
>>49242796
Nope. Comeon man, the studs are even bonding studs in 40k. They are attached to armor to jerry-rig it together, they are not additional armor themselves.

If you see armor covered in studs (studs, not spikes) its pretty much automatically shit. Those are the future version of glue.
>>
>>49243366
I dont get the hate this book gets. Same as Unremembered empire or Angel exterminatus. Yeah, they are not top tier HH books, but they are not that bad really. At worst they are mediocre.VS dug deep into chaos and gaved some revelations about Emperor, established a beginning of final HH act and creation of Black legion. Yeah some parts were bad, and some eaven worse, but all in all, it still dosen't deserve the hate it has.
>>
>>49243769
>>49243689
Orphans of War or Deathseekers would be pretty good, imo both would nicely represent some Imperial Heralds who have discovered that their legion has betrayed the Emperor.
>>
>>49244181
The whole umremembered empire plot has been one gaint fuckup. It could have been at least OK if they didn't feel the need to have the Blood Angels there too for some reason. Ultrafags + Dark angels would have been explainable, as the former was tied up in Ultramar by the Word Bearers' shenanigans and the latter has always been know to have been too far from Terra to be there when the siege happend.
But now we have DA, UM ánd BA in one place, and only ONE of those was at the siege of terra. Gonna be hilarious what kind of bullshit deus ex machina BL is gonna come up with to explain this mess.

And that is why most people would rather forget Umremembered Empire and every book on the same subject.
>>
>>49244475
DA will probably go to Caliban and therefore prevented to be at Terra. I have no idea when Caliban happend, but I belive BL will move it to be just before Sige of Terra. And as far as why Ultramarines were not at Terra, I guess BL will have to come up with something.
>>
>>49244475
But how else could they show horn in tyranids
Although still
>dantiochXPollux 4 lyfe
Even in death I still love
>>
>>49244475
you seem to speak for the masses... except... you don't. So please stfu.
The story arc was fantastic and there's lots of great books in there.
>>
>>49244545
If the fluff still holds up they meet up with the SW then go to Terra alongside the UM and I guess the RG, and in the new fluff they don't arrive after the duel but DURING it, so I imagine Magnus throws a warp storm around the solar system
>>
File: 6SpCpnV4_400x400.jpg (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
6SpCpnV4_400x400.jpg
11KB, 400x400px
>>49244583
>>
>>49244583
Not him
But could you please counter his points and then present credible ones of your own
>>
>>49243310
Well with Alpharius gone, you can also explain how the fuck Omegon got all this shit that could theorerically be attributed to him down, such as the Grey Knights or Omega Vault.
>>
>>49244922
In what way couldn't he do it with Alpharius still alive? If anything, it would be a moment of pure brilliance; Alpharius falling to Chaos for real when the only person he trusts betrays him
>>
>>49244950
eh
im more on board with the idea that omegon is dismantling the legion from within so they get lost to chaos, ending it off by exploiting the standard 'legion goes crazy' trope by dying to the hands of papa smurf
>>
>>49244950
Well if Alpharius was breathing down his back, all that bullshit becomes much more difficult. In a sense, having Dorn kill Alpharius was a godsend for Omegon. It relieves him of the fact that he would eventually would have had to turn on his brother and removes his biggest obstacle.

I do agree with you on that last point, would be a good plot point.
>>
>>49245036
>omegon
>a secret loyalist
>turning a legion to chaos
>dying at the hands off a loyalist Primarch
no
>>
Why were Terran legionaries so badly treated?
>>
>>49245712
Because they were seen to be loyalists, were snobbish pricks, argued with their Primarch prefusely
>>
>>49245712
Because they were always outsiders compared to those who came from the same primarch homeworld
>>
How would you improve Headhunters to bring them in line with Seekers?
Special deepstrike rules?
More special weapon options?

How do you make Banestrike not worthless???
>>
I'm currently reading Deus Encarmine, not HH per se but it gives an insight at the minds of full corrupted Word Bearers, I found it curious how they are somewhat similar to SM in terms of praising gods before and after a battle with the difference of one chanting in gratitude and the other sacrificing helots and using SM meat as food

Also a dreadnought that got made after Calth gets a power sword jammed right in the dick
>>
>>49243188
well in theory he would have to take care of AL members that are really buying into the whole traitor thing, if he wants to be loyal in disguise the needs to do some purges WB style
>>
>>49244181
I have yet to read VS but AE took hate from people no liking how Perty got described and the whole affair itself seems kinda pointless, I mean you go to fuck nowhere with Fulgrim and waste resources and manpower to get some machine, find out it was your brother trolling you into becoming a battery for him growing a bigger penis and then you stay in the same side as him, for me it seems kinda stupid in Perturabo's place.

As for UE it's fine at explaining how Guilliman's practical mind fucked him up but at the same time you get >>49244475 in how they are gonna explain it.
>>
>>49245712
some homeworld born soldiers saw them as outsiders or petulant snobs that believed themselves over the others, several primarch homeworlds were basically backwaters, that's the thing that happened to both DG and DA
>>
>>49245773
- give them the same special ammo as seekers have (SUPERIOR SEEKERS BUT NOT EVEN THE SAME AMMO, REEEEEE)
- give them all 2 attacks and Precision Strike in addition to Precision Shots
- see how the unit does and adjust points.accordingly

Make Banestrike 18" assault 2
>>
>>49245773
Give Banestrike Shred and Rending. Make Banestrike great again It never was great to begin with
>>
On a scale of 1-Angron how mad will people be if i use a slightly converted Khrone Lord Zufhor as a late heresy World Eater preator?
>>
>>49244475
>>49246019
Well, at least they got the name right.
>>
File: warp out.gif (2MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
warp out.gif
2MB, 624x352px
>>49246288
Silly Khorne-dubs, you activated my turboautism by writing "Preator" intead of "Praetor".
>>
File: 1465350522636.jpg (881KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1465350522636.jpg
881KB, 750x1334px
Who would win in a duel between Curze and Italian Spiderman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zen_zRmbKaM
>>
>>49246368
Italian Spiderman supports science, kills mice for fun, and tells women to get sexy and see him at 7:30 while also hitting man that disrespect women truly the lost primarch
>>
>>49246518
he can also summon penguins
>>
File: guy-opening-door.gif (1MB, 310x162px) Image search: [Google]
guy-opening-door.gif
1MB, 310x162px
>>49246368
>Plays poker
>Ties, but flips the table, kills everybody and punches the girl
What the fuck did I even watch? And why am I thinking that's how Sevatar plays cards?
>>
>>49246540
You should watch the rest too. Golden stuff.
>>
>>49243397
Since 40k is particularly messy at the moment, HH is much better right now. It's 90% Space Marines so it's pretty well balanced. On top of that, Forge World has been making balance adjustments more quickly than GW ever does.

The games tend to be larger: 2500 and 3000 points are the norm (smaller games are often Zone Mortalis). 2000 is common if you're starting out, but it looks people stop playing at that points level asap.

More importantly, the HH community seems to be more narrative-focused and anti-WAAC than the 40k community. There's less animosity. Just check out the podcasts - around the world, they're all talking to each other. It's surprisingly tight-knit.
>>
File: it's glorious.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
it's glorious.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>49246532
>penguin summoner
truly the Emperor protects
>>
>>49244545
>And as far as why Ultramarines were not at Terra, I guess BL will have to come up with something.

I thought they were slowly grinding their way to it but were hopping from planet to planet putting down traitors

which if they knew the others would arrive in time and safe Terra kinda makes sense, cut of support and bloody the traitor forces not on Terra
>>
File: IllustratedNightHaunter.gif (324KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
IllustratedNightHaunter.gif
324KB, 667x800px
>>49246368
Who do you think?
>>
>>49245726
>>49245729
>primarch is an autistic savage with daddy issues
>you point out the flaws with his homebrew tactics
>stop being such a snob! goooosh!!!

Being terran was suffering.
>>
>>49246941
IV, VIII, XIII, and a couple other legions liked their Terrans.
>>
>>49243474
>>49243523
I agree with both of you. That book was necessary for the overall plot. It was interesting and exciting, but it was also messy.

>>49244475
I'm guessing Pharos is the deus ex machina that somehow shoots the Blood Angels (and only them) to Terra.
>>
>There were 9,752 volumes of the Book of Lorgar by the Calth attack
Lorgar, why couldn't you just make one big Chaos bible instead of that many? You honestly expect every one of your boys to remember everything in that many books?
>>
>>49247200
He suffers from a crippling addiction to word-bearing.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 600x639px
>>49247245
Got a chuckle out of me, Curzefag.
>>
>>49247200
if you can't they shoot you, if you are lucky
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 960x901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 960x901px
>>49247334
But you're using books. Unless...
>HE'S GOT A BOOK! HE'S GOING TO READ!
>>
>>49247200

Because Chaos Publishing.inc needs to please its shareholders, and Lorgar is the only author on which they have decent margins.
>>
>>49247200
if he can't beat guilliman in quality, by the powers of chaos he'll at least beat guilliman in quantity
>>
>>49247403
Just how much can one whiny choirboy write about though? Surely the second volume had to be a "premium" quality deal. Lorgar dug himself into a hole.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 639x649px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 639x649px
>>49247460
Just imagine how many volumes were made by the time of the Siege.
>>
>>49247469
After about the three thousandth volume it's literally just his Avengers fan fiction
>>
File: 00001.jpg (640KB, 717x1356px) Image search: [Google]
00001.jpg
640KB, 717x1356px
>>49247500
Not nearly enough Jim, not nearly enough.
>>
>>49247524
I wouldn't see it not being that. One of them has to be about knitting.
>>49247561
Could the real reason why he hasn't done much after the Heresy is he's trapped in a room full of books?
>>
File: word bearer.jpg (129KB, 811x556px) Image search: [Google]
word bearer.jpg
129KB, 811x556px
>>49247245
My sides, Curzefag
>>49247200
>>49247403
>>49247469
>>49247524
So, Lorgar is a BL writer. How fitting.
>>
>>49247730
>lorgar is laurie goulding
>>
>>49247524
so he's the writer of WHhigh?
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 720x478px
>>49247730
>>49247756
It's just as I predicted. My worst suspicion is now proven to be true.
>MFW Lorgar knows we know about his secret
We will never see the end of this series.
>>
>>49247083
>Pharos is a fast travel device that only works based on your empathic needs
>Sang, Rowboat and Lion all ask it to send their fleets to where they desire to be above all else
>BA arrive at Terra to stand with the Emperor
>UM get dispersed all over Ultramar - fuck
>DA appear in gay nightclub

I can see it, anon. Good theory.
>>
File: CnKEBb7WYAAEomF.jpg (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
CnKEBb7WYAAEomF.jpg
91KB, 800x600px
>>49247887
>Pharos is a fast travel device that only works based on your empathic needs
>Sang, Rowboat and Lion all ask it to send their fleets to where they should be above all else
>BA arrive at Terra to stand with the Emperor
>UM get dispersed all over Ultramar - fuck
>DA appear in trash
>>
>>49247937
B R O K E B A C K P R I M A R C H
>>
>>49243579

>be Terran Imperial Herald, veteran of Unification Wars
>crusade with chapter bros and IV, XII, and XIV elements
>heresy kicks off while somewhere in far galactic south
>battlegroup decides to head for Terra

It's just like the good ol' days after Unification.
>>
>>49247043

IV and VIII Terrans were dead 'ard.
>>
>>49247730

Lorgar is a BL writer and Perturabo is a FW dev.
>>
>>49248007
Only thing broken here is your legion's loyalty.
>>
File: bunch of loyalists.jpg (183KB, 709x504px) Image search: [Google]
bunch of loyalists.jpg
183KB, 709x504px
>>49247756
>>49247883
>We will never see the end of this series.
N O V E L S . W I T H O U T . E N D
>>49248067
We have been discovering so much about the primarchs as of lately
>>
File: Meatgrinder legions.png (697KB, 377x783px) Image search: [Google]
Meatgrinder legions.png
697KB, 377x783px
>>49248040
The IVth's terrans were dead alright. #RememberIncaladion
>>49248009
HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG anon plz!
>>
>>49248106
No I think it's your legion. Show some class.
>>49248132
>Novels without end
Nice to see the phrase I made has caught on.
>>
>>49248132

Perturabo handles crunch while he lets Lorgar write lore.
>>
>>49248067
>>49248132
What's senpai, then?
>>
>>49248182
blood_skull_boi84.
>>
>>49248178
Nah. Perturabo does everything, Lorgar just writes fanfiction.
>>
File: eye-of-terra-9781784964559_hr.jpg (354KB, 1400x2256px) Image search: [Google]
eye-of-terra-9781784964559_hr.jpg
354KB, 1400x2256px
>>49248178
And Emps is GW, their dad fucking them both over. It now makes sense!
>>49248178
>>49248219
Perty writes the HH rule books we love, Lorgar writes those cringy BL novels.

Who is Neil Roberts. Fulgrim?
>>
>>49248178
Would any of the other primarchs be contributing something too ?

I can see Rowboat Girlyman doing the playtesting. With actual marines. Because he's a dick like that.
>>
>>49248245
>Would any of the other primarchs be contributing something too ?
the other primarchs are largely out actually fighting the crusade
>>
>>49248245
>Would any of the other primarchs be contributing something too ?
Ferrus serves as head of the operations.
>>
>>49248245
Lion would help with the balancing with aspergers-fueled maths skills
Fulgrim sculpts the minis
Jaghatai draws some of the art along with Sanguinius
>>
>>49248349
Jaghatai is Blanche.
>>
File: too pure for this shit.jpg (79KB, 960x388px) Image search: [Google]
too pure for this shit.jpg
79KB, 960x388px
>>49248349
>>49248377
Then Sanguinius is Neil Roberts.
>>
>>49248349
LION DOES NOT HAVE AUTISM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49248439

Confirmed for having never read a HH book.
>>
>>49248471
Maybe it wasn't autism, but the very similar Post-traumatic Tree disorder?
>>
>>49248471
Okay, I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out.
Maybe, just maybe, the primarch from the backwoods hellhole planet has poor social skills because he was literally raised by wolves on a backwoods hellhole planet.
>>
>>49248561

That was Russ. You can't even get your Primarchs right. Get the fuck out until you actually know about the fucking setting you claim to be a fan of.
>>
>>49248561
Do You Even Grimdark ?
>>
>>49248635
I dont think he was raised, he just survived, he's grimdark tarzan where the animals are actually demons and even the trees want to kill him.
>>
>>49248439
She's right you know? Why? Why is it always autism with you idjits?!
>>49248511
Yes! Finally. He's shell-shocked.
>>49248660
But also this. He was Tarzan in space!
>>
>>49248635
he was raised by johnsons, you fucking idiot

that's why the dark angels are all gay
>>
>>49248689
No, he was raised IN the Jonson! By Lions. Lion El'Jonson raised by the Jonson's Lions.
Please tell me he had something going on with Raven Raven and IronHand^2.
>>
>>49248660
Just proves my point even more. He has a perfectly good, non-autism explanation for being the galaxy's biggest asshole.

Still doesn't justify anything he did, though.
>>
>>49248717
>Still doesn't justify anything he did, though.

That goes for everybody in GrimDark. At least autism would make Lion somewhat original
>>
>>49248750
Closest thing to an autist primarch is Magnus and even that's kind of a stretch.
>>
>>49248717
>biggest asshole
That was Eberus or any daemon. Really. Can't get worst than that.
>>49248750
I'm not seeing that.
>>
Word Bearers The Dark Brethren RoW. Does the last limitation work also when the WB are the allied detachment?
>>
Do I use agrax Earthshade after bnuln oil to make my Iron Warriors look dirty?
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 1024x764px
>>49248966
You may not have an allied detachment of your own legion.

>>49249013
1, 2, or even 3 times, yes. Pic related not mine.
>>
>>49249029
The RoW says they cannot take an SM detachment as allies and all other allies are desperate allies. Can I take a WB detachment with the RoW as an ally to, say, a Death Guard primary detachment?

As I understand it, while PotL denies allies, you can take PotL as an ally detachment itself. So does The Dark Brethren have the same deal?
>>
>>49249103
Should have worded it better.

Yes.
>>
Since you fags are talking BL books, I've never read one, but I like the Imperial Fists and their lore, which books should I read that feature the Imperial Fists?
>>
>>49248888
>I'm not seeing that.
That's because everything is so dark in this setting.
>>
>>49249144
Crimson Fist
Templar
Praetorian of Dorn
>>
>>49249207
>>49249144
Note these are 30K coz thread. If you want other era lore there's more options.
>>
>>49249144
Seventh Retribution was kind of ok. There's also Malodrax, but that's more about Lysander than about the Imperial Fists as a whole.

Crimson Fists are still the superior Imperial Fisters
>>
>>49248161

"We march for Incaladion!"

t. XIII contingent
>>
>>49248132
>N O V E L S . W I T H O U T . E N D

*shrug* I enjoy them and it's not like I'm paying for them

I'll never get this rush to the ending thing, everyone fucking knows how it ends, well siege would be good for some IF/BA and WS heroics, but I enjoy reading about how the legions or some characters were doing during the great crusade or even before they even became marines, I'd also like some books about the mechanicum or even various army regiments

maybe they should just release the siege and then just keep releasing other books set during the heresy/great crusade
>>
How many dudes in power armor do you usually have in your lists?
>>
File: IV Legion Tactica.png (65KB, 1633x306px) Image search: [Google]
IV Legion Tactica.png
65KB, 1633x306px
>>
>>49249808
>>
>>49242032
AVE OMNISSIAH BROTHER
>>
>>49242044
>>49242020
I guess he's been....decimated
>>
>>49249810
I remember that brave Iron Warrior. I mean, holy shit, their defensive sieges are BRUTAL. This man succesfully pulled a Paramar on an army 7 times his own's. Ferrum Honore Veniat, this guy embodies the ideal of the moleman and the spirit of the Badger, giving no fucks.

Do we have non-Siege of Terra examples of Fist defensive sieges?
>>
>>49240075
Is a Blackshield list viable?
>>
>>49250090

Well, you can only have one blackshield per deathwatch squad. So not really.
>>
>>49250124
You goof.

Also, I went and did my own reading on it and yeah it does seem like they are more than viable. Though they're not totally official.
>>
What do Daemons count as on the alliance chart for WB? Only reference I see is that The Dark Brethren (when on the primary detachment) makes them Battle Brothers. What if I don't take the RoW, what do they count as then?
>>
I feel depressed.

Iron Warriors 1500

HQ
-Legion Praetor, 100
+Cataphractii armor, 35
+MC Paragon Blade, 35
+Volkite Charger, 7
Total, 177

Elites
-x2Legion Terminator Squad, 175 (350)
Cataphractii, free
+5 Terminators, 150
+Sgt. Grenade Harnesss, 10
+Power Fist, 50
Total, 385 (770)

Troops
-x2Legion Tactical Squad, 125 (250)
+10 tacticals, 100 (200)
+Nuncio-Vox, 10 (20)
+Sgt. Artificer armor, 10 (20)
Total, 245 (490)

Total, 1437

Could probably make that a Pride list. Don't feel like it though. Could probably remove the nuncio-voxes since they're uneccesary. Don't feel like it though. Should probably add a Dread or two. Dunno though. Sucks that Heavy Bolters are trash on them though.
>>
>>49250231
>What if I don't take the RoW, what do they count as then?
Erebus and Kor Phareon both let WB bring Daemon allies IIRC.
So I guess when a Diabolist summons some daemon pets by themselves his side don't automatically treat them as Sworn Brothers.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (422KB, 971x1317px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
422KB, 971x1317px
>>49250088
Only one I know of is the defense of Manachea which had a contingent of Imperial Fists stationed there.
>>
>>49240075
Has anyone ever played any really unbound ridiculous lists or homebrew stuff for the Horus Heresy setting? Like if some guy brought out an army of like 50 Ferrus Manus only and gave them some special squad datasheet he wrote.

Whats stopping us from doing crazy shit like that barring money.
>>
>>49251278
Well, I wrote the ridiculous "Wra-

Oh.

>Actually played
Nevermind.
>>
>>49251278
I've homebrewed a few Legions.

I prefer the vanilla with toys.
>>
>>49251291
No thats fine too, I'm also curious about any homebrew Horus Heresy or even Great Crusade tier stuff.

Pls continue.
>>
>>49251278
>unbound
Theres riduculous stuff like Leviathan Force Org already. Other than that, I've played as a friends IH list thats all vehicles and dreads that stomps Questoris and admech lists due to proliferation of blasts and high strength shooting.
>>
>>49251314
Legiones Astartes (II)
Units with this special rule may always attempt to regroup at their normal
Leadership value regardless of casualties.

Struck From History: An II Legion detachment may not include any allies, in addition this armies warlord grants an additional victory point if slain.

Adamant Armor: All models with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule receive an invulnerable save of 6+ (or improve an existing invulnerable save by +1 to a maximum of 3+) Units with this special rule reduce their run, charge, flee and sweeping advance
distance by -1'.

Legion Overlord: A single Praetor with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule in a primary detachment may be made a Legion Overlord. Legion Overlords have the Hardened Armor special rule and must be the army’s Warlord unless their Primarch is present, but are worth an additional Victory point to the enemy if slain in any mission where Victory points are being used. When acting as an army’s Warlord, they are given the Void Walker special rule instead of rolling for a warlord trait. A Legion Overlord may not be equipped with a Jump Pack, Space Marine Bike or Space Marine Jetbike, but must be given a servo-arm in addition to their normal wargear as well as the Battlesmith special rule for an additional +40 points

Weaponry of the Dark Age:
Any infantry model with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule may take a Boarding shield at an additional cost of +5 points per model.
Any Infantry model with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule with with a Bolt Pistol in their basic equipment may exchange it for a Volkite Serpenta for +2 point per model.
Any Infantry model with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule with a Bolter in their basic equipment may replace it with a Volkite Charger for +5 points per model.
>>
>>49250452
Why would you ever take any kind of terminator armour on a Praetor when an Iron Halo is cheaper and aren't taking a terminator command squad.

GW and FW really should finally pull their head out of their arses and invent a reason to take terminator armour that isn't invalidated because artificer armour and iron halos are a thing
>>
>>49251314
Any Infantry model with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule with with a Bolt Pistol in their basic equipment may exchange it for a Volkite Serpenta for +2 point per model.
Any Infantry model with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule with a Bolter in their basic equipment may replace it with a Volkite Charger for +5 points per model.
Any model with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule with access to Combi-Bolters as part of their basic wargear or as a wargear option may instead take a Volkite Caliver for +10 points per model.
Any model with the Legiones Astartes (II) special rule with access to a Heavy Bolter as part of their basic wargear or as a wargear option may instead take a Volkite Caliver for +10 points per model or a Volkite Culverin for +15 points per model.

Cortex Controller: Any II Legion Overlord, Forge Lord or Techmarine can be given a cortex controller for +15 points.
>>
>>49251314
It isn't unbound, but brace yourself, anon. It's a pretty powerful list. You'll be having a heart attack at just how powerful it is. To be honest, I feel like I should never have actually written something with this much power. This list just can't be made any better. It's at the top. It's maximum potential has been reached. Literally nothing can top this list like the list can top a Warlord Titan several times over. You'll be so scared to face this list just from reading about it that you'll have regretted seeing this post in the first place. You're not even ready to see the list yet. No, not yet. Not yet, anon! Soon. Sooner. Sooner-ish. It's almost here. Just about any time now. Alright, that's enough waiting. Almost. Just wait a little longer. Alright, you can look further now. But do not say that I did not warn you, anon!

Here it comes.

You've been warned!

Turn back now, lest ye suffer an heart attack from the power and fear this list inspires!

'Tis too late now, anon! An hero now, before your eyes and more importantly, soul and sanity are eroded by the grand might of this unstoppable force!

IT'S TOO LATE NOW ANON! THE RIDE HAS JUST BEGUN AND THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS BITTER, BITTER, TRAIN!

Fury of the Ancients 2k Iron Warriors, "Wrath of Bitter Grandpas"

-HQ
Delegatus, 65

Forgelord, 85

Primus Medicae, 95

-Troops
4x Dreadnought Talon, 375 (1500)
+DCCW, free
+Plasma Blaster, 20 (80)
Total, 1580

Dreadnought Talon, 125
+DCCW, free
+Plasma Blaster, 20
Total, 145

Complete Total, 1970
>>
>>49251465
tl;dr you've spammed it too often
>>
>>49251475
Screw you anon! I worked hard on that pasta!
>>
>>49251465
By the emperor's left buttock, that is a lot of free victory points.

Oh sorry, I meant I am totally blown away by the power of that armylist. Wooo.
>>
File: Boring Moral choice.png (153KB, 280x286px) Image search: [Google]
Boring Moral choice.png
153KB, 280x286px
>>49251522
>>49251465
>IT'S TOO LATE NOW ANON! THE RIDE HAS JUST BEGUN AND THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS BITTER, BITTER, TRAIN!
>Fury of the Ancients 2k Iron Warriors, "Wrath of Bitter Grandpas"

It is a nice concept, but it's a horrible execution! REEEEEEEE
>>
>>49251522
GOOD! NOW YOU UNDERSTAND THE POWER OF ROLLING A GLORIOUS GETS HOT ROLL, AND SURPRISING YOUR OPPONENT BY USING THE ANCIENT TERRAN ART OF "If you kill your enemies, they win." TACTIC!

>>49251556
BWAHAHAHAHA! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE POWER, BROTHER SCORPION? It being in lower-case letters causes the reader to truly underestimate the power that list can really bring on the tabletop.
>>
>>49251623
>I was wrong...you're not greedy
>YOU'RE BAT-SHIT INSANE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8CJBr1nd0
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 900x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 900x666px
>>49251291
Wait...

>>49251465
Brettygudpasta/10, made me laugh.

That army is still the worst I have ever seen.

>>49251496
>>49251623
>"If you kill your enemies, they win." TACTIC!

Pic related.
>>
>>49251696

You know what? Fuck this heresy! I just want you dead!
>>
>>49251623
Still not as bad as the Headhunter Leviathal ROW

Git Gud
>>
>>49251748
WH-

What?

Explain.

It cannot be as GOOD as the Bitter Grandfathers, can it?
>>
>>49251748
Have you seen the Headhunters unit entry ? That ROW forces you to take them as troops and brings like it is something positive. Then ALL your vehicles HAVE to start in reserves ánd if you don't kill the enemy warlord your opponent gets free victory points.

It is not unlike shooting yourself through both feet and kneecaps before a sprint competition on the olympics, saying "this is fine"
>>
>>49251771
Behold

Legion : Alpha Legion - Rite of War - Headhunter Leviathal

Delegatus - 65

10 Headhunters, 10 combi-plasma, powerfist, artificer - 395
9 Headhunters, 9 combi-plasma, power weapon, artificer - 355

Grand total - 2000.
>>
>>49252094
Yeah nah, this has nothing on Bitter Grandpas. You can't give them nowwhere near as many VPs, nor can you remove your own models as efficiently, seeing as 1 Gets Hot roll per model per game is inferior to 8 Gets Hot rolls per model per turn.

Plus that's 50 models compared to the Grandpa's 16.
>>
Oi, OP, any chance that you have the 2016 version of the Crusade Army List?
>>
And yes, Headhunters are 10 dudes as resilient as tactical marines, with as many attacks as tactical marines, with bolters that have a shorter range than tactical marines for the low price of similiar to 10 terminators with combi-weapons.
But then with the same BS as Seekers, but without the special ammo and Marked for Death. But hey, they have crappy AP3 rending bolters and AP 3 + Rending but Str 3 in combat, right ?
>>
File: a weapon to surpass metal gear.jpg (25KB, 855x187px) Image search: [Google]
a weapon to surpass metal gear.jpg
25KB, 855x187px
>>49251727
I said my sword was a tool of justice. Not used in anger. Not used for vengeance. But now... Now I'm not so sure. And besides, this isn't my Paragon Blade.
>>
So what's getting released from FW later today? I'm guessing that Tau Supremacy armor railgun they showed in the bulletin.
>>
rate my list for this weekend my fellow loyalists

2000/2000

HQ
Delegatus, Artificer Armor, Power Sword, Armored Breakthrough RoW, 95 pts

Troops
2 x Predator, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, 190 pts

Elite
2 x Contemptor Cortus (Talon) Kheres Cannon, 300 pts
2 x 10 Marksmen Veterans, Vexilla, 2 x Heavy Bolters, Sgt with AA and Fist, Rhino, 540 pts
5 Cataphractii Terminators, 4 Fists,1 Chainfist, Land Raider Phobos with Armored Ceramite, 450 pts

Heavy Support
Vindicator, Dozer Blade, 125 pts
Caestus Assault Ram, 305 pts

2000 pts, 0 superheavies, Delegatus goes in the Caestus by himself as his personal battlecruiser a la Jim Raynor in Starcraft. how would this list do against your take all comers list?
>>
>>49253275
I would say put the cataphractii in with the delegatus and bring more predators. Also, why are you still running Armoured breakthrough now you need no Knights?
>>
>>49253329
running armored breakthrough because I bought two predator tanks a few months ago and I'm determined to make it work. I think at 2500 points when I get the actual Sigismund model I'll do Pride of the Legion and put the Cataphractii in the Caestus with him...but for now, RAW, nobody else can go in the Caestus with the HQ because it's not a dedicated transport.
>>
>>49253275
>>49253275
Why not drop the contemptor talon to one, as I do either regular contemptor with Kheres and fist, or cortus with 2 CCW and graviton guns in a drop pod. Seeing how you lack any quick attackers

I don't remember the maths exactly and haven't got the book to hand but I think that'd work
Also what legion are you using, I'm guessing fists from the bolter spam, but I'd swap the heavy bolters out for appropriate combi weapons. But if your strategy was ferry them in the rhino and fire out then I can see that being also viable
>>
>>49253371
>nobody else can go in the Caestus with the HQ because it's not a dedicated transport.
You lost me. Can you explain?
>>
>>49244181
I enjoyed both unremembered and angel, but have a nagging feeling that they're moving dangerously close into fanfic territory.
>>
>>49253371
You can put a unit and any ICs in a transport.
>>
>>49253447
armored breakthrough requires that every infantry model take a dedicated tank transport, or a transport with the tank special rule if they can't. if the HQ took a bodyguard, the bodyguard has to take a dedicated transport...but a caestus isn't one. since the HQ has no DT of his own, he can go in the caestus because it's technically a "tank" with the special rule. it's confusing but I'm single so I had a lot of time to think about it.

>>49253426
yeah having the rhinos be bs5 sniper razorbacks was kinda the idea. I like that drop pod idea, might try to get a (real) dreadclaw later this year. but for now I wanted to have the two contemptors because they're in 150 point increments and if I play at my LGS, chances are it'll be against a 40k army and 1850 is the most most common level of list.
>>
>>49253531
jesus christ I need to learn how to use commas.

>>49253524
"All Infantry units that can do so must purchase a Dedicated Transport, and those without the option must be deployed mounted in another vehicle which itself has a Transport capacity.All such vehicles must have the Tank or Super-heavy Tank type." pg 100 of the new red book
>>
>>49247730
>>49247756
>>49247883
>>49248067

And as the end of the universe crept closer and the final sun supernovaed Lorgar was STILL WRITING FANFICTION.
>>
>>49250529
They do let you take Daemon allies, but neither entry says what they count as in terms of allies. I mean, I'm not looking for Spartan riding daemons, but I don't know if I want to cripple my army with daemons if they come too close to any of my troops and it's harder to support them if they can't benefit from any buffs.
>>
>>49246941
>we've always been a ripping people's intestines out and then hanging the next guy with it, sort of legion
>finally find our Primarch
>he says our methods are too extreme
>top brass commands saying it's our culture
>he has none of it saying there's already a terror legion
>and that he wants a recconasinace legion
>laugh at him for thinking power armour can be sneaky
>still laughing when he appears behind me and unsheathes some archaeotech weapon that appears to be folded a thousand times
>he whispers into my ear 'pssh nothing personal Terran '
>he plunges it into my back
>he shouts 'SEE POWER ARMOUR CAN BE SNEAKY'
>I'm still laughing as he pulls it out
>this Raven fag decides he'll punish me
Interres me in a dreadnought
>I'm still laughing
>even in stasis laughs echo from my sarcophagus
>Primarch gets sick of my shit, deports me and my Terran brothers to the northern
>EVEN IN DEATH I STILL LAUGH
>>
>>49247083
I thought dantioch, peace be upon him, died by overloading the Pharos so the Pharos is broken
But maybe the cabal gets involved in fixing it, believing the night lords will come back and use it
I'm thinking it'll be sanguinius using his psychic powers manifesting as wings in the warp to pull the ship towards the navigators >>49246019
As the iron warriors embody the Great War theme and all its sub parts such as chivalry and staying true to your oaths, pertuabo probably saw it as he only swore an oath to Horus because he believed the imperium would exile for doing what the emperor had done in his case. So breaking oaths combined with mutual hatred with dorn would have left him on his own side if he broke from the traitors

Also most people hated Fulgrim and his decadence by the end of the heresy, as they attack the civilians rather than help break down the walls
>>
anyone have the new WD pdf?
>>
Mediocre.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Imperialis-Landing-Pad
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 800x447px
>>49249810
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
>>
>>49250090
There's probably some mega combo that will happen once inferno is released as they'll get a relic or some boss wargear
But for now, regular marines can do them better
>>
>>49254176
It isn't broken it's just weaker than before; but what need to be remembered is that it works by interpreting wants and emotions instead of thoughts; so they could play it out this way

>Lion thinks he wants to go to Terra but actually wants to see wtf Luther is doing
>Guilliman thinks he wants to go to Terra but actually feels embarrassed due to Imperium Secundus so he wants to stay where he is
>Sanguinus thinks he wants to protect the emperor but what he really wants is to kill horus
>>
>>49254556
>Mars Pattern Imperialis Landing Pad

It's a fucking level slab of concrete and steel! How is that a design pattern?
>>
>>49254630
One of two
>Sky trademarked the word sky in the uk

>mars uses 9x11 blocks whilst Achea uses 7x11 blocks, or the isotopes of plasteel varies
>>
>>49254659
Yeah, but "a level piece of firm ground suitable for the purpose of VTOL flyers landing and taking off" isn't exactly needing of a design pattern. Just make a level piece of firm ground.
>>
>>49254693

FW can't sell you a level piece of firm ground for £80.
>>
>>49254556
how the fuck is that thing worth 80gbp
>>
>>49254716
its made by blind childrens
>>
>>49254714
They don't have to assign an in world design pattern to it. It sounds like something out of a Regimental Standard article or something.
>>
>>49254716

It's a realm of battle tile, so I suppose that's just the kind of money they charge for them. I mean, as far as weight of resin goes, there must be more in that than in a titan.
>>
>>49254693

We know how the Imperium is when it comes to non-standard technology, clearly that applies to architecture as well.

>some planet, M41
>the door of your home is kicked down and a techpriest enters with his retinue
>The alterations you have made to your Mars-pattern dwelling unit do not meet the strictures of the Omnissiah's blessed STC, Heretek
>tfw turned into a servitor for adding an unauthorised conservatory to your house
>>
>>49254856
Yeah, but this is HH, where new stuff is being invented left and right still.
>>
>>49254716
Special casting methods for them. Realm of battle from GW is £300 for 6 plastic tiles to make a 6x4 foot table IIRC
so it's not that bad
>>
>>49254889
and perpetuals! more perpetuals! we need more!
>>
so I wanna play loyalist word bearers in pre revelation grey colours, but the legion book says 'the rules presented here may only be used by traitor armies', whilst the army list book says that 'orphans of betrayal' RoW can only be taken by traitor legions including word bearers.

So my question is can I even play loyalist word bearers. If so can I only use their version of legiones astartes, or can I use any of their unique units

From a fluff point of view, I'd say they could use legiones astartes: word bearers, could take ashen circle, and hopefully I'm not playing against that guy and this would be let go.

The justification for them surviving would be being trapped in the warp, or a warp storm surrounding the last sub sector they enlightened
>>
>>49254936
And you've got to put less effort into corrupting words than ghazgull was
>>
>>49254979
Nope, Loyalist word bearers pretty much don't exist. Lorgar had 50 years prep time to purge his legion.

Your best bet would be blackshield rules using either deathseekers or orphans of Betrayal. These apply morale or leadership bonuses to your army while buffing them in slightly other ways.

Also no special units or characters for you since they are all daemons or outright traitors. You may be able to gentleman's agreement using ashen circle but if you turn up with erebus and 10 gal vorbak then it's a no.
>>
>>49254979
I'm guessing WB can take the Orphans of Betrayal RoW, but still count as Traitors (while being unable to take any Traitors Only options and counting as Traitors for PE, etc.)
>>
So what happened to Constantin Valdor?
He was pretty big in the early books; and even was the one that helped gather the Assassinorum for the Assassination attempt on Horus; but in Praetorian of Dorn, where you would expect him to play a big role; not even a mention
>>
>>49243531
My group's games are nothing like that
>>
>>49255294
Fighting in the webway?
>>
>>49255637
What are they like? Anything good ever happen?
>>
Anyone ever used or played against a Knight Errant? The Astartes kind not the big mech kind.

How was it? Did they have much of an impact? Did the oath of moment get fulfilled?

How would you tool one up for a challenge? Biomancy jump pack psyker?
>>
>>49255813
every time somebody mentions a Knight Errant I think they mean that type of Imperial Knight. Damn GW/FW and their naming practices !
>>
>>49243531
soon it will be nothing but phosphex thudd guns and lightnings
>>
in Praetorian of Dorn Pluto is called a planet, fuck you modern day scientist, the Emperor has spoken
>>
>>49255881
T Y P H O N
>>
deathfire or pharos first?
>>
>>49256038
Pfft, neither preferably. If you have to read them read death fire first as pharos is slightly better.
>>
>>49256046
I meant as far as the canon timeline is concerned.

I'm not overly concerned with the quality.
>>
>>49256007
Pluto's planethood was removed only because similar and bigger objects were found, so the clause of "must have cleared its orbit of remaining planetoids" was added to the definition of planet. This means the surrounding objects were either destroyed or combined into a Super Pluto. The Kuiper belt still exists, only Pluto's orbit was cleared.
>>
>>49256059
IIRC deathfire happens before pharos but you can read them in whatever order you want since they're completely separate
>>
Why do people see 30k as more "your dudes" than 40k? I see the opposite; 30k to me plays more like historical reenactment where you can fluff your own guys, but they'll always stay within some limitations of their legion. 40k is super easy to just say "this is my OC do not steal chapter with whatever color scheme and background I want, no limits"
>>
>>49256260
Because there are two kind of players:
Those who see it as "Historial re-enactment, The Game", and those who see it as the time of legends, now forgotten.
Canon loyalist Iron Warrior brutal defensive sieges and people like Kalkator and Endryd Haar show everything was possible in 30k.

You can play however you want, but you must respect the other guys' way of doing so.
>>
>>49256366
>you must respect the other guys' way of doing so.
why?
>>
>>49256467
this is the reason youre a cunt with no friends
>>
>>49256467
Because if you kill your enemies they win, anon.
Jk, it's only due to the universal "Don't be a dick" rule. Do remember honesty is respect, so if their army is a fucking cringy special snowfest you must tell him so AND why.

Unless he's a traitor non-Zardu Word Bearer. Then drown him in the IronBanter and urge him to have faith, even if you aren't even an Iron Warrior.
>>
>>49256366
I understand that, but a few threads back someone asked what the appeal of 30k is over 40k and was met with the "your dudes" answer. That seemed strange to me since 40k, in my eyes, gives you way more freedom of your dudes-ing. I'm not saying 39k can be your dudes, just that it doesn't seem to have that advantage over 40k
>>
>>49256733
But it also lets you have non-CSM non-shitty Your Dudes from the traitor legions. Also, back in the day you had to convert most of your army.
>>
>>49256800
That is a fair point
>>
File: 1XL.jpg (297KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1XL.jpg
297KB, 800x500px
Real talk, who the fuck asked for this?
>>
File: I didn't ask for this.jpg (36KB, 625x466px) Image search: [Google]
I didn't ask for this.jpg
36KB, 625x466px
>>49256924
>>
>>49243366
Spot on mate.
>>
File: Mortarion_Reaper_of_Worlds2.jpg (194KB, 674x704px) Image search: [Google]
Mortarion_Reaper_of_Worlds2.jpg
194KB, 674x704px
>>49243122
Christ Wraight writes top notch stuff, hope he writes a DG book soon.
>>
>>49256924
GW?
>>
File: 1468982678738.jpg (14KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
1468982678738.jpg
14KB, 216x233px
>>49249810
Beautiful
>>
>>49257228
FW
>>
>>49257385
Maybe they asked FW to do it? Who knows? Not us that's who.
>>
>>49257480
The plot thickens.
>>
>>49256924
I did, I emailed forgeworld saying that the skyshield landing pad wasn't large enough to fit my thunderhawk carrier, and so what would be a good replacement for it
>>49256260
Because 40k 'your dudes' is
>so hey my chaos space marine warband is led by 'players corrupted name' and he leads the 8 pointed shurikens and he wields the daemon weapon 'knataa' he's total BFF's with abbadon and even managed to get Kharn to cool down and say words other than 'kill main burn'.
>Oh and here is the special rules for my lord as you can see he's better than abbadon in every way and cheap enough to fit in the points limit

Whereas 30k 'your dudes' is
>disgraced warsmith, formerly a member of the trident, he lost favour when he believed the walls were broken and sent in the main, reserves and emergency waves in. So that he could gain further favour for the Primarch .It was then revealed that these were iconprojectors and that the enemies walls were still perfectly in tact

You see where I'm coming from
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 488x616px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 488x616px
>>49257567
I sure hope so. BL's plot has sadden me. How many of us can kill and replace the BL writers that have failed us for the last time? If you can assume their lives and try to improve the book series do it without too much wanking as that would give us away. Chris Wright is off limits for now.
>>
>>49257696
I see nothing that prevents either of those in either system
>>
>>49253371
Do you really need to run Armored Breakthrough just for the sake of two predators? It doesn't sound like you have too many heavy support options for a normal list.
>>
What would each Primarch's favourite tipple be?
Starting with the obvious;
>Russ - XXXXXX mead
>Angron - Doesn't matter, so long as it's served in a skull
>Fulgrim - The finest, richest wines from the best vineyards in the galaxy
>Guilliman - a delicate white wine from his personal, well maintained vinyard on Prandium
>Mortarion - what ever he can scrape out of the toilet bowl the night after
>Dorn - Port (because it's fortified wine...)
>>
>>49252094
have fun surviving my artillery and then be prepared to be scratched off my tracks.
>>
>>49258470

>Lion - Spruce Beer
>Perturabo - IPA
>Khan - Airag(Alcoholic Horse Milk)
>>
>>49258620
>Perturabo - IPA
y tho
>>
>>49258629

Lots of hops, bitter as fuck
>>
File: Daemon_Prince_Perturabo.jpg (166KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Daemon_Prince_Perturabo.jpg
166KB, 600x849px
>>49258639
>bitter as fuck
u fukin wot m8
>>
File: Started From The Bottom.jpg (18KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
Started From The Bottom.jpg
18KB, 292x300px
>>49258639

Do not deny the Iron Within, brother. It steels us against the vagaries of our traitorous brethren.
>>
>>49258686
Sorry, >>49258746 was meant to be a reply to you.
>>
>>49246540
It's funny because that's also where that same exact gif comes from.
>>
>>49258620
But anon, Perturabo canonically drinks the finest of Olympian wines, fine enough even so that Fulgrim is pleased by their taste.
>>
Which one of the Primarchs would like heavily peated whisky?
>>
File: OakedAB_22oz_print.jpg (1MB, 2588x1412px) Image search: [Google]
OakedAB_22oz_print.jpg
1MB, 2588x1412px
>>49258620
>>
>>49259226
Morty.
>>
>>49259226
Which one would drink rum?
>>
>>49258470
Maybe early Crusade Fulgrim drank Absinthe, but he now drinks those Horse cum Neozealand shots.
>>49258791
Yup, that's why I posted it. I had to study yesterday so I still havent watched it.
>>49257696
>>so hey my traitor space marine warband is led by 'corrupted obvious name' and he leads the 8th Company and he wields the Primarch weapon 'Gorechild' he's total BFF's with Argel Tal and even managed to get Angron to cool down and say words other than 'REEEEE'.
Official Khârn at his finest.
>>
>>49259310
>"Morty, we gotta... we gotta jump into the *belch* Warp, Morty!"
>"Gee I-I-I dunno, Typhus, th-that sounds pretty dangerous without a G-Gellar field..."
>"C'mon, Morty, we'll *belch* we'll be just fine. I just gotta *belch* gotta line up these virus bombs just here..."
>>
>>49259350
>Absinthe
Why would Fulgrim drink that?
>>
>>49259439
Because he thinks it places him over his brothers, even though they don't give a fuck about what he drinks.
>>49259430
The Conquest of Galaspar confirms Morty drives while drunk.
How else would you crash your ship on a Hive city?
>>
>>49259350
Yeah but Argel tal is BFF's with everyone that listens, even with Erebus who constantly lies to him
Calming angron down was more so, the legion master comes in all sauntering and swaggers after angron just killed everyone, whereas Kharn was always very repressed holding himself back at all times until istvaan
>>
>>49259348
Alpharius, the most piratical of the lot.
>>
>>49259603
>He's not like other World Eaters, he can fight the Nails.
>>
>>49259735
umm...no he can't.
>>
>>49259762
>Except when he can't. He reduced the EC and WE to marauding warbands all by himself, using only a chainaxe and a flamer. Near absolute Zero!
>He's got over a million confirmed skulls, and died once but he wouldn't stay dead, so he came back :^)
>>
>>49259732
I'd always thought Alpharius a vodka drinker.
>>
>>49259807
Khorne saved Kharn once, and current fluff states that once resurrected you are a perpetual, whereas with lucius it's slaanesh wanting the ride to never end.
Also this isn't a regular Chainsword this a Primarch weapon, if you gave any centurion a Primarch weapon they would wreck face
>>49259735
>everyone's mental fortitude is the same
And it's not he couldn't resist them but only on istvaan did he let the nails take complete control of him, which continued afterwards
IIRC in betrayer the librarians are quite able to stop the nails, when not diverting its pain into the other squad members
>>
>>49259915
>Khorne saved Kharn once, and current fluff states that once resurrected you are a perpetual
Never said it wasn't Khorn who saved Kharne. Srry, Khorne who saved Khârn. I doubt he's a perpetual.
>Also this isn't a regular Chainsword
Never said it was. You see, omission of facts previously stated doesn't suddenly invalidates them, like babies wondering where theirs parents went to after they covered their faces.
Furthermore, you're diminishing the fact Khârn killed several chapters-worth of chaos space marines using only an all-cutting melee weapon, his Primarch's none the less, and a flamer, near absolute Zero.
It was one of the chainiest chainaxes to ever axe, but that's it, no magik properties.

You do this with your OC blood_skull_boi84 idk wielding Konrad's claws and see if people don't cast you suspicious glances.

Also, he is able to talk down Angron, having the Nails himself. That's like making Perty laugh while being an Iron Warrior yourself.
>>
>>49260152
>Perty laughing
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CpFdP5yATw0
>>
>>49258470
>Ferrus Manus
Water.
He knew Primarchs weren't born to indulge in mortal pleasures, but to be the Emperor's tireless engines of War. He would rehydrate and then resume beating the galaxy's fabric into a vessel fit for humanity to inhabit. Based he was.
>>
>>49260234
Mineral water, which is to say, some water with a few rocks in it.
>>
>>49258620
Surely Pert would drink nothing but bitter.
>>
>>49260266
>Oh la la, mineral water? What's the occasion, Gorgon? Did the Emperor change his mind and made you Warmaster instead?
>Kek, shut up, Fulgrim
>>
>>49260475

Yes, perhaps straight bitters would be a better drink for the Lord of Iron
>>
>>49260600
He would buy the most bitter drink of them all, which the brewer named after his sons, and pour it on the ground before him. Dorn would like to taste such a bitter beverage to punish his tongue, but the brewer won't make him any.
>>
New thread >>49260752
>>49260648
So lemon juice?
>>
>>49258470
>pertuabo
Chem nutrients
Why waste your time brewing or tending to your winery when you could be building shells for the war machine
>>
File: image.png (238KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
238KB, 640x1136px
Sorry for being such a newb but how exactly do you get a straight thing to bend and connect like the bullet chain in these heavy bolters,

glue at the two points and just let it bend, or do you stick it in warm water and bend to the shape you want
>>
>>49256007
Its takes hundreds if years for that planetiid to circle the solar system. No idea why they turned it into a gun platform. Further more why don't they just come from underneath or above the orbital plane and bypass everything.
>>
>>49256038
Deathfire is pretty shitty since we know vulkan is alive in the 31st millinium
>>
>>49260994
>plain ammo belt
>no chute to make sure the rounds don't get tangled
>>
>>49254630
You've got to build it and pour the concrete according to the STC. Prevents shenanigans like the rebars being accidentally arranged in occult symbols.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.