[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1071: Hold, Release; Rakshasa and Carcasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 598
Thread images: 62

File: Jumpin.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Jumpin.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>49223527
>>
>>49234011
Don't you mean catch and release?
>>
File: a grim reminder.jpg (39KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
a grim reminder.jpg
39KB, 500x720px
When's the last time you had to do the opposite of your job, /jc/?
>>
>>49234035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UBAHSnUxgU
>>
>When you realized Jenny fucked the wrong kind of vegetable
>>
Jesus Christ, what took so long?
>>
File: an karanir thanagor.jpg (278KB, 900x1012px) Image search: [Google]
an karanir thanagor.jpg
278KB, 900x1012px
>>49234102
For a time, we were... sated. Content. At peace.

It is a strange feeling.
>>
Just out of curiosity, is there a mandatory delay or something before the next thread can be posted, or did we all just spend the last two hours thinking 'someone else will do it in just a minute'?
>>
>>49234146
Pretty much the latter.
>>
>>49234158
I wish i'd made this thread an hour ago.
>>
>>49234146
I would have made it, had I not been banned.
>>
Does anyone else kinda want to just go to all the low tech worlds and enjoy the feeling of pure martial power?

I just feel that high-tech isn't half as much fun with how they tend to systematically study tech and magic.
>>
>>49234146
I think there's usually only one or two people who make threads, and everyone else just waits for them. They were probably not around.

I make the thread whenever no one else is doing so and I get tired of waiting, so I've made about two dozen threads or so? But yeah, finally decided I might as well go ahead and make it and here we are.
>>
File: Robin_Tharja_Art.png (607KB, 1100x614px) Image search: [Google]
Robin_Tharja_Art.png
607KB, 1100x614px
>only 400 points left in /co/co/
>trying to decide between importing two Companions and getting a Stand

Send help.
>>
So, guy from last thread claiming Val gave permission. Just checked the thread you gave as evidence and it's nothing more then this guy claiming it, she never speaks at all. The guy also says he's gonna hand out Grand Servants too, which is a great indication of his quality.

More importantly, why the fuck are we honoring a claim by a guy form SB that has never posted his work here and never intends to? His claim should be invalidated if he never intends to show it here.
>>
File: Celica_2.jpg (11KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Celica_2.jpg
11KB, 300x169px
Okay, people. I need ideas. Racial perks for the Qlurians. AKA space elves.

Throw some ideas at me. Please.
>>
>>49234064
What's the opposite of jumping?
>>
>>49234261
Falling?
>>
>>49234257
Getting your own Rock.
>>
>>49234279
That sounds more like a companion option than a racial perk.
>>
>>49234246
Hey now. It's not like you can't find a Jawbreaker and test your luck in-jump.

Assuming you didn't roll an Era before the things even existed, anyway. In which case you're fucked and I recommend Companions.
>>
>>49234254
>grand servants
>ridiculously expensive
>locked till post jump/spark
>maybe both.

ive never posted because ive never had anything you wouldnt reject out of hand. now i have the claim on the jump, so i kind of HAVE to post it here.
>>
>>49234064
I guess any time I work as a healer, seeing as my original Class is Maid of Doom.
>>
>>49234311
Going Long Runner. I'm 52 jumps in at this point and if need be I can duck out before Part 6.
>>
>>49234329
>have to post it here
Yet you never have till now despite having a WIP. And how you've repeatedly said you don't intend to post your jumps.

Look dude, it's pretty simply. You have the claim on it over at SB. If you never intend to post it here and make it acceptable for here, rescind your claim for it here.
>>
>>49234329
Again, you're not going to get constructive criticism when there's nothing to critique.

Anyway, there's a link to the IRC at the top of the page. It's usually better for such things anyway.
>>
>>49234329
>Don't worry, you just have to wait till the next jump to use your x1,000,000 strength Excalibur guys, this is totally balanced.
>>
>>49234329
Bitch Babylon isnt even done yet, why are you claiming it, collabs and side events are probably canon. the Illya collab is probably canon. Why are you touching something we only just got skills for barely half of the roster

This is dumb

This is beyond dumb
>>
Don't mind me.

Lessons of Adversity(100cp, Free Shard): Regardless of the form it takes you find that conflict is the perfect stimulus to learn and train yourself. You always learn or grow at least a little bit from a confrontation or conflict, no matter what form it takes. The more intense, risky, and the higher the stakes the more you’ll take away from it. This applies to general development as well. Fighting for your life is the perfect exercise regimen for you, and pushing your abilities to their limits in such situations is the best training you could ask for.

Root of Distress (100cp, Free Shard): Everybody has faults, weaknesses, seams along which certain kinds of pressure can break them. You have an intuitive ability to sense these in a person’s psychology and personality as you observe them. You can tell what stress they can handle, what would break them, and in what manner. You can also tell what kind of pressure would make them grow. Beyond this being able to know the faults and flaws of a person always comes in handy, let alone knowing exactly how they’d respond to different types of strain. This sixth sense won’t necessarily give you the means to capitalize on this knowledge, but you can tell where the chinks in their armor are.
>>
>>49234386
wow your thick. or just ignore the bits i say that you dont like.

either way, have a link to the google doc the jump is in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/156jVI9Iia2ariqihKvLz-eNoPi_eZceyBhlsxv4Ig_k/edit
>>
>>49234434
You said in your post 'post jump' you fucking moron.
>>
>>49234386
No, he's repeatedly said that he doesn't intend to post jumps here which violate the rules, such as lewd jumps or a Bleach replacement. Stop trying to drive away jumpmakers, shitposter.
>>
>>49234434
You do realize proper summaries do exist on at least /fgog/ right? Like most of your plot stuff probably isnt right
>>
>>49234417
Are shards even sapient?
>>
>>49234417
Well I was going to go Shard for the novelty anyway, but these are great.
>>
>>49234455
He's not from 4chan. He probably doesn't know /vg/ has a Grand Order General.
>>
>>49234459
Not really (it's complicated), but you're a jumper playing the part of one. You're not getting lobotomized by taking the origin.

>>49234465
Glad you like them.
>>
>>49234455
when i find actual translations and stuff, ill rework it. those are just from memory, for the most part.
>>
So, apparently there was some confusion over what I said/did not said last thread (And this thread too?).

I've never given permission for a GO jump because I don't need to. I have no claim on it (And have only ever said I /might/ do it well in the future) and anyone who wants to have a shot can, no skin off my nose. So yeah, please stop arguing about that in the future because it's stupid.

However I would ask that anyone who does make another Fate jump, and intends to post it on 4chan's /JC/, talks to me about how they're handling stuff related to Servants and the Servant Supplement. It'd make the lives of myself and any jumpmaker/s making said GO jump much easier if we worked together on this, because I handle the supplement and I'm sure things would just get really unpleasant if people decided they wanted their jump to change the supplement or something dumb.
>>
>>49234539
about the only modification i was going to make was the base amount of sp you would get to use in the supplement, based off star ranking.
>>
>>49234434
>You get 10% more magic everytime you face someone with more magic
>Double all damage you deal
>You can buy Solomon as a Servant
Only need a quick skim to see this is just another power grab from space battles.
>>
>>49234640
That's a dumb system, like honestly even crunching the numbers im doubtful it will work well for either end of the rarity scale
>>
>>49234640
Well, first things first. You DO intend to post it here? Want it clear because it's a little confusing now and I'd hate to waste time if you're not.

So from what I understand, the various stars just indicate how much SP you have to make that Servant? It's not a way to buy any Servant with that many stars regardless of how much SP they'd really cost? The note about the scenarios is making me a little doubtful it's the former.
>>
>>49234434
>>49234329
>See the notes about NPC Servants
>'Yeah you can buy Solomon if you want'
You are just full of shit aren't you?
>>
>>49234745
yes, i do intend to post it here.

you can use the sp to custom build them, or you stick to the canon build for the servant.

so if you want a 1* arturia who literally cant be a saber, then you can theoretically take that.

unless i change that to only canon 1*'s, which i might do.

scenarios/events are for dropping the prices somewhat.

>>49234808
>solomon
>is literarily the most expensive thing in the jump
if you want to buy solomon, and only solomon, go right ahead.
>>
Jump #21: Megaman Classic

Drawbacks: Comm-Chatter, Copy Robot, Three Laws Compliant (1600)

Name: Diamond
Origin: Doctor (1500)

-Perks-
Basic Robotics (Free)
Enhanced I.C. Chips (1400)
Weaponisation (1200)
Robot Master Builder (900)
OST (Free)

-Companion-
Bass

-Items-
Light Capsule (Free)
Beam Saber (0)

Hello, Doctor Wily. You are a tough man to get ahold of.
>That was intended, hence the army of robots guarding the fortress.
Yeah, sorry my little friends here had to bust them up. but they just wouldn't let us in. Anyway, i'm sure you're curious about why I'm here.
>Yes, that started after you destroyed the second platoon of robots.
I had a proposal I wanted to share with you: I want to make you, the most famous person on the planet.
>Yes, and I suppose you'll also give me a billion dollars while you're at it?
I'm being serious doctor, there is nothing I dislike more than someone not getting the recognition they deserve.
>...Why me?
Because you're the best at what you do Doctor.
>While that is true, you're probably looking for Light.
Nah. For one, you plan so far ahead of him that its ridiculous. Two, it's his little robot who needs to smash yours to get those nifty abilities, isn't it?
>I suppose I would be working under you?
Yes, though yoou'd mostly be doing what you've been doing, except instead of committing acts of terrorism, the robots will help clean up the environment.
>...I accept.
>>
File: STOP.gif (441KB, 295x246px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.gif
441KB, 295x246px
>>49234880
>The man with 1 million excalibur lasers
>Go ahead
>>
>>49234434
For one, use proper capitalization. Your text is hurting me inside.
>Everything Is Berserkers
Maybe have it be a mode that gives you the actual modifiers of Berserker? It would still be a good perk.
>Three Servants
Does the 10% boost to mana only apply to Nasuverse mana? Maybe replace the hard 10% to something like "in a particularly difficult fight, you have a chance of having a breakthrough, restoring most of your Mana/Od/Prana and slightly increasing your maximum reserves and the quality of your circuits."
>NPC Servant
You might want a ban list. I know Solomon and Gilgamesh would be on there, but other than that I haven't been following phone games enough to tell.
>>
>>49234880
>post here
I'll leave the rest of the jump to other people then.

>Stick with the canon build
Yeah, that's not gonna work out that well. There's a reason the supplement exists and it's not so you can put an option in your jump to bypass all the rules and limits in it while also being cheaper, sometimes massively so, then they'd ordinarily be.

>Solomon
Honestly don't even know how you can justify that one.
>>
File: it's time to stop.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
it's time to stop.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>49234880
>>
>>49234932
*, especially if you're good at dodging or healing yourself.
>>
>>49234915
City of Heroes let's you buy a top tier Darkseid level guy for 1200/600 cp. If taking Solomon costs all of your points to get him, I'd say that's fine.
>>
>>49234994
>Darkseid level
Since when was anything in that setting Darkseid level? Proof or get the fuck out man.
>>
>>49234941
Val, if you don't mind, I have some questions.

Firstly, is there any reason to purchase Expert of Many Specializations over Wisdom of the Gods? From what I can tell, the latter is just more of the former.

Can EoMS include combat skills?

Does Knowledge of Respect and Harmony actually do what it says it does, or does it just add various effects to go about achieving that goal?

>"prevents any decrease in the effectiveness of a technique, regardless of how many times it is used against the same opponent"

The following adds effects to make it harder for enemies to adapt to your attacks:
>B: Attacks cannot be perceived by the enemy.

Does Eternal Arms Mastership include Servant-level combat skills?

And one more: In future jumps, if an NP is based on the rank of an attack, should I base its primacy on displayed feats of Noble Phantasms or Magecraft? Because the ranking system doesn't really translate very well in non-Nasuverse settings, it'd make sense to choose one or the other.
>>
>>49234885
Oh? And what projects would you be having the good Doctor work on in particular? And don't forget about Zero. He's pretty crucial to the timeline.
>>
>>49235003
One anon made the mistake of comparing a character to Darkseid by saying he was that much stronger than your PCs comparatively, and the guy you're quoting basically latched onto it and is trying to use it as bait.
>>
>>49234941
>canon build
then what would be fair? removing the supplement entirely, unless importing a companion? (or yourself?)

>solomon.
i have zero interest in him, personally.

if i up the npc price by another 400, then solomons price becomes 1600 cp, assuming you use the free 3* discount. if i put a 600 cp drawback limit, then he becomes 100% of your budget. or i can ban him. either way.
>>
>>49235003
Fuck if I know. People talked about it last thread, and no one seemed to disagree. I'd trust them over your salty ass.
>>
>>49235013
Zero is secretly the worst villain in history.
>>
>>49235025
Maybe make 2 versions of the jump, one for the SB drive, the other for the /jc/ drive?
>>
>>49235065
That's one of the stupidest things I've heard in ages.
>>
>>49235025
Just have the supplement function like normal, with the exception of adding more SP based on star-level.

Also, just ban Solomon. He is just so far above the other Servants, it's not even funny.
>>
>>49235034
Not that anon, but the character you are referring to isn't anywhere near Darkseid's level. For reference, he's weaker than a being that's basically planet cancer or something. So he's at most a planetary scale threat, where as Darkseid is always at least a galaxy level threat.
>>
Doesn't Grand Order use multiple servants in a team anyway? How would you build three servants with the normal amount of SP?
>>
>>49235025
How much higher-powered is GO than regular Fate? Are all the servants stronger, or do they just get rolled when Solomon shows up?
>>
>>49235079
so instead of 200/600/1000/1400/1800, make it 1000/1200/1400/1600/1800?

start at 1000, not at zero? thats... fair-ish. may need to reprice servants themselves though.

to be fair, he is a grand servant.

but, sure. why the hell not. its simpler than trying to rebalance the pricing.
>>
>>49235012
1. Not sure. I've always treated them as mostly the same as each other at each rank, rather then one being explicitly better then the former.

2. Sure, though I imagine the broader the form of combat, the less good overall you'd be. So just going 'combat' won't make you as good with knives as if you went 'knife fighting'.

3. It does what it says. The 'cannot be percieved' thing seems to be a mistake the wiki made. It's based on Kojiro's rank in the skill which works like your first quote from it. Saber could still see his attacks, she just saw each one as the first one rather then remembering how it worked the last time.

4. EAM doesn't give any combat skill, just prevents you from losing it and stuff. Very few of the skills actually grant combat skills, surprisingly, so I guess most Servants are just assumed to have great combat skill with their NPs. You can assume that too if you want, that you're automatically extremely skilled with any weapons you pick as your NPs.

5. The ranking system is pretty weird. NPs and Magecraft both operate on a different system, which is why Rin's attacks, which are much weaker then some of the other NP based attacks Berserker shrugs off with Godhand, can harm him. If you want to stick to canon, you're better of judging things like physical attacks, magical weapons and supernatural abilities as NP based feats and any normal magical spells as based on magecraft feats.

Not gonna jump down your throat if you just base it off NP stuff though, it is pretty complicated and contrary.

>>49235025
Just don't let people buy the canon builds? The star idea seems fine, if a bit unnecessary with the existing system, if it just translates to SP instead.

>>49235101
Have each one get the normal amount of SP each I imagine.

>>49235130
That works real well. Solves my issues with it.
>>
>>49235106
From what I've heard, everyone's stronger, it's just that Solomon is to GO what Gilgamesh was to Stay Night
>>
>>49235130
Well, maybe you can go like SMT demon fusions. Pay CP for multiple Servants. Least expensive or first is free, middle or second most expensive discounted, most expensive or last full-price.
>>
>>49235096
...No anon, no he is not. At regular levels Superman can fight him, and Superman is only rarely above Solar-System busting, and usually quite a bit below that. Darkseid normally isn't close to Galactic-level.
>>
>>49235106
regular fate can be considered a 1 vs 6 match.

Go is canonically a 2 vs 6 or so match. you have mashu and a random other servant, vs a half dozen or so other servants in each singularity.

except theres 8 singularities, so its more like 1.5 vs 48.

and mashu is slowly dying over the course of this.

camelot basically boils down to 'lancer!saber with excalibur, rhyosomething, and an unlimited power supply, vs a dying mashu and a hassan'.

so pretty bad.

>>49235148
does the changed sp value solve sticking to the canon build?
>>
>>49235226
>Solve
Erm, assuming that you can no longer stick to the canon builds, yeah I think it fixes it.
>>
>>49235163
>>49235226
So, uh, does that mean that using the current Stand Supplement is even appropriate for Grand Order? In terms of the level of power and ability Servants get from their Stats/Noble Phantasms per rank in FSN vs FGO, I mean.
>>
>>49235148
1. I asked this question because Wisdom of the Gods seems to apply to every skill, while Expert of Many Specializations has a limit of about thirty. Unless my reading is off, WotG seems to be the vastly superior purchase.

Also, thanks for the quick reply.
>>
>>49235247
Stand Supplement?
>>
>>49235247
WHAT current stand supplement? No such thing exists.
>>
>>49235179
>At regular levels, Superman can fight him
Clearly you've never seen Darkseid's feat list before. He's been a multiversial threat before.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/dc_comics/supervillain-feats-darkseid-a50986
>>
>>49235247
The current Supplement should be yes. 1000SP alone is enough to put you easily on average, above average if you have any thought to your build in most Fate settings (And high tier if you actually abuse it with actual knowledge of the setting). Most of GO's Servants aren't actually that much higher in stats and abilities, from what I can tell most of the really strong opponents come from plot power ups and not having super powerful builds. More then 1000SP, such as 1800SP, should be enough to make you a very strong Servant even without much planning (And again, with canon knowledge and that many points much stronger), even if you might not be at the top tiers of the series. From what I see in the jump, having several Servants too (And assumedly not the in game limitations on more then 3) would make it easier as well.
>>
>>49235272
>>49235280
Servant Supplement, I mean.
>>
>>49235245
Actually, there was one more question that I forgot. What counts as an "engagement" for Information Erasure? Is it merely combat engagements, or would sneaking or diplomacy count? Also, can it be toggled?
>>
>>49235245
erm, other way around? given that they are no longer saving several hundred sp by going with canon, can they just keep the canon build?

>>49235247
with a little extra cp, or some powergaming, you can do fine.
>>
>>49235298
six, technically. protag can only support having three out at a time though.
>>
>>49235261
I know. I'm trying to use a more reasonable reading of the skill. Mastery of every skill ever would be extremely silly to give for the same rank as just 32 skills from EoMS at A+ rank.

>>49235306
I believe it is combat yes.

>>49235308
No, them being cheaper was just one of the problems. Letting them keep the canon build bypasses any rules or limits that the supplement has on making Servants, which isn't okay. There's a reason you can't get a fully stocked Gate of Babylon or some of the banned skills when making a Servant.
>>
>>49235284
We're talking about capeshit. Darkseid's powerlevels and abilities are all over the frigging place. Kind of the inevitable result of over 50 years of different, sometimes retarded writers. But generally, Superman can fight on par with him, and Superman very rarely gets beyond Star-levels of bullshit.
>>
>>49235306
Oh, sorry, missed the last part. I guess you could toggle it off like any perk if you desired.
>>
I'm looking for a ruling and having trouble, does anyone else remember this? I vaguely recall Babylon Anon saying that your civilizations in Fall From Heaven and Sins of a Solar Empire follow you, but the text doesn't itself mention this. And it seems odd for entire planets worth of people to come along, so if that is the case it must have some limits. Does anyone know what those might be? I've got a project that would benefit from having some aliens having "always been there".
>>
>>49235357
but you're not making a servant? you're getting the canon one, as is.

you CAN use the supplement, and im sure there are cases where one is more beneficial than the other - for example, trying to replicate solomon, had he not been banned.

but, for a slightly more meta perspecitve, summoning gil without his armory is pointless.

if you want to be gil, then you can pay through the nose for it, but if you want him as an ally, then he should have it.
>>
>>49235441

Maybe it's like Civilization? More just ruins or proof of your civ being present in the past with a small nation or embassies or something in the present?
>>
>>49235463
>you're getting the canon one, as is.
Yes, that is the problem. Because there are several canon servants who cannot be built because of bans or limits in the supplement. The option you are trying to put bypasses all of that. That isn't a good thing.

>summoning gil without his armory is pointless
Only pointless if the only reason you are summoning him is for the countless thousands of Noble Phantasms he has. Which is why you can't buy a stocked GoB. And why you putting in an option to get around that rule is a problem.
>>
>>49235473
I hope not. I've already got Civilization to fill the ancient progenitor race slot. I'm basically making a sci-fi universe to my specifications by using things that follow between jumps and then activating that one perk from Kingdom Hearts that lets you change the tone of a world.
>>
By the way, was the person who made the SB Bleach Jump going to do something related to the filler?
>>
Seeing as everyone is talking about Fate I thought I'd show how I'm planning to do the class cards in Prisma Illya. Haven't done the prices yet though. Currently only has the cards from the fifth war (normal Fate) as I'm unsure about other cards. Any suggestions or questions welcome.
>>49235357
I wasn't aware of any main Fate jump maker and when making my claim for Prisma didn't see any objections, you ok with me doing this?
>>
So what can this Solomon guy do that makes him such a big deal? How do mc-kun and his shower of bastards beat him?
>>
>>49235554
I'm...not necessarily opposed. I thought cards were all supposed to be weaker then the actual Servants though, there's several here that manage to be equal to or stronger then the originals. Interested to see how you handle Gilgamesh too.
>>
>>49235567
>So what can this Solomon guy do that makes him such a big deal?
Yes.

>How do mc-kun and his shower of bastards beat him?
They don't.
>>
>>49235567
I'd give him fair odds against two Teen Titans Trigons at the same time.
>>
>>49235567
Pretty sure he just tests them, finds them worthy, then fucks off.
>>
>>49235603
It's weord. They're all supposed to be weaker, but Shirou takes Archer and makes it like 10* stronger.
>>
>>49235637
>>49235603
From what I remember they are weaker than actual servants on average, but "aligning" with a specific servant can make it stronger.

Shirou obviously aligns with Archer.
>>
>>49235603
Ah, that first sentence came off weirdly. What I meant to say is I don't really have any objection to it. My issue with the GO stuff is that it relates to the supplement I handle, whether doing stuff in it or making it obsolete, which is a problem. Your supplement seems to handle the situation really well by not needing to interact with the supplement, which is good, and since it's an AU I don't need to have any involvement either.
>>
>>49235516
...not actually seeing a problem here?

>>49235551
maybe? was gonna do the movies for sure.

>>49235567
let me put it this way. you know how gaea invited type mercury over to kill all humans, but he got here early?

if gaea hadnt invited him, and mercury had come anyways, solomon would have been one of the ones responsible for making him go away. and he would have been expected to be successful too.

painfully.
>>
>>49235612
So universal. That makes him over dozens of orders of magnitude stronger than the Types. The fuck Nasu?
>>
>>49235603
If we choose Servitude in either of the Fate/ jumps, will we be limited to the perks of that jump and the Supplement or can we still pull OCP shenanigans?
>>
>>49235013
None, really. The doctor built robots to help cleanup the environment, and in his spare time worked on whatever interested him, including Zero.
>>
>>49235688
>Universal
No, anon, Teen Titans Trigon. He's only planetary scale.
>>
>>49235683
You're not seeing a problem with your jump letting people get around all existing limits and rules to get access to all the crazy broken bullshit that was otherwise locked off for a reason?
>>
>>49235690
You still have all your perks.
>>
>>49235723
Who was the canonical possessor of the Zealotry skill? There are no example ranks in the Supplement.
>>
>>49235723
i may be looking at this from a story perspective.

their skills and NP's are what makes them who they are (or maybe the other way around, in that they are perfectly expressed by them).

having them be missing these things feels... wrong.

using the supplement, i dont have a problem adhering to the rules. but not having the option to have them the way theyre 'supposed' to be irks me.
>>
>>49235683
You're not seeing a problem with having on-command access to literally every thing ever made by humans including several thousand world-shaking magical artifacts for a few hundred CP? Wot?
>>
>>49235748
The assassin from Strange Fake

Zealotry
A: (No Name Assassin (Assassin)) Trauma is instantly overcome, strong resistance to mental interference type magecraft is obtained.
>>
>>49235760
>having them be missing these things feels... wrong.
Then only get servants you can build in the supplement. I've managed a few before, like Attila.
>>
>>49235762
Everything that was, is, and ever will be made by humans you mean.
>>
>>49235765
Thank you.
>>
>>49235767
i thin we were talking about banned skills and multiple EX's (though i think thats only solomon), more than cp/sp costs.
>>
>>49235748
Assassin from Strange Fake I think. It was on the skill page when I initially brought everything onto the supplement and it's one of the ones I intended to try and give an explanation to in the (eventual) update.

>>49235760
It might feel wrong to you, but it's a massive balance problem and rather insulting to boot. If you want to talk about story issues, there are far more issues with say, people making Servants just to get certain powers, then that they don't get the most powerful, broken abilities in the series. There's also very little reason to use the supplement to do more then give the jumper powers if your jump lets people buy non jumper Servants for cheaper (Which if they can stick to canon builds, they will be) and get stuff they couldn't normally.
>>
>>49235788
>>49235760
I think the bigger question is about how you guys are going to handle GO's new servant skills, stuff like Star Emblem and the like. Will those be added to the main supplement?
>>
>>49235804
That's part of the aforementioned update I'll eventually get to doing, once I'm not so bogged down with Uni exams and I get some motivation. I'll be trying to add a lot of the skills that do have info on them from G/O, maybe not the most recent stuff till it has more, and some skills might not be added, but almost everything should make the cut.
>>
>>49235788
...how about this.

if something is banned in a canon build, replace it with something that isnt.

imperial privilege with expert of many specializations. no longer infinite, but still has a decent base.

would something like that work?
>>
I want to rescue as many Diclonii as possible in Elfen Lied. What's the best way to do this?
>>
>>49235603
I suppose that I might handle Gilgamesh by saying that due to his special circumstances, after the corrupted version is defeated then whether he incarnates or remains a card he is no longer properly connected to the gate of babylon and can only draw forth minor noble phantasms at the very most (E rank maybe). Don't really want to ban it but also don't want people to get the full power gate of babylon. Any other suggestions from people on how to handle Gilgamesh are welcome.
>>
>>49235828
It fixes the banned part, it'd also need to apply to more then one EX builds, but it doesn't fix the problem that sticking to canon builds can end up as cheaper ways to get the Servants them building them. Yes, I said earlier it was solved, but that was under the impression you were not keeping the canon build stuff. With you wanting to keep it, the problem of some Servants being worth much more CP/SP then what you're offering them for is still present.
>>
>>49235804
>>49235815

Well so far we only have the Materials/data book for everyone who debuted in anything up to Oceanos, which does include proper Jeanne Alter Avenger i think. That being said some of these feel like you could've fluffed them using earlier skills, like Marie Antoinette is litearlly stacking 3 different forms of Charisma or something

>Grace of God: B
Born to be a beautiful monarch, endowed with the greatest body and good looks.

>Beautiful Voice of Fascination: C
A natural beautiful voice.
It works as a fascination magecraft-like effect towards males, but evasion is possible by means of Magic Resistance Skill. Even without Magic Resistance, one can abate it to some extent so long he maintains a will to resist.

>Princess of Loveliness: A
A charismatic nature in regards not to leadership, but the ability to charm the people around her.
For Marie, who possess A Rank in this Skill, she can attract a knightly individual to protect her just by existing.

Or in Asterios' case you have
>Natural Demon: A++
Not a hero or god that has fallen down to a magic beast; this is a Skill that those who were given birth as a monster are endowed with.
Asterios has attained a Rank of STR and END which is absolutely impossible for a human body.
>>
>>49235683
Really? Do you think it'd be okay for Complete Arsenal from Worm to give access to as many powers as you want, pretty much whatever you want, whenever you want them, all at the same time? Not only that, but with what you can get not weaker than the power it's based on, but much stronger. Because that's basically what a fully stocked GoB would be the equivalent of.

How the fuck are you even a real person?
>>
>>49235845
Yeaaaah, I noticed long ago when looking at some of the skills Apocrypha Servants had. When only one character has a skill it can often get pretty specific and kinda not great.

Thanks for the Oceanos thing though, that'll be a good mark to add things from up to.
>>
Can someone help a tired idiot out?
I don't understand the purchasing system for Jobs in Fallen London.

It states "Each job rank costs 100CP. Each successive rank includes the perks of the previous ones."
So do I have to purchase the previous ranks or would I only have to spend 100cp on Expert?
>>
>>49235829
Well, first off, most of the Diclonii will need serious therapy. Lucy isn't an odd case, plenty of others like her suffer similar pain, both mentally and physically. Another thing you're going to want to do is find a way to bring humans and Diclonii together in peace. Naturally, due to the latter's strange appearance and powers, the first reaction people will have is fear and hatred, and Diclonii have that DNA voice thing. You're going to need to address both of those things. And finally, putting a stop to the horrific experiments conducted on the Diclonii should not only improve their lives but also help them with dealing with each other and with humanity.
>>
>>49235884
You do have to purchase all the ranks leading up.
>>
>>49235848
We both know that's bullshit. Gil has those weapons, but his ability to use the majority of them is limited by his skill, to the point he basically throws anything that isn't Ea or Enkidu. He never displays so much versatility that he can be said to have 'as many powers as you want, pretty much whatever you want'. That's pretty goddamn misleading.
>>
>>49235921
He's actually quite skilled with most of them (Just not to the level of a Servant who'd actually become legendary using their weapons) and is shown to be able to use and activate the special features of a fair number in his various appearances. It's mostly his arrogance that leads him to NP spam, not really a lack of versatility or ability.
>>
>>49235890
What's the point of those experiments anyway?
>>
>>49235957
>most
Eh that's not quite right, maybe more like he's quite skilled in a number of weapon types.
>>
>>49235843
...its not really fair of me to ask you to provide examples of where this occurs.

i have no problem booting a second EX down to an A, for the record.

maybe paying the extra cp difference? though that feels klunky at best.
>>
>>49235829
Mindreading, clones and teleportation to find and rescue them. Also I'd also get that thing from Elite Beat Agents that lets you hijack global broadcast systems and translate into any language to show exactly what the researchers were doing. Use that to publicly display anything that the people in charge are doing thats messed up and it should keep the future people in charge in line.
>>
>>49235921
How hard do you actually think it'd be for a companion to test the limits of his abilities and acquire the skill/mindset necessary to use them like that? Because Gil's Treasury contains the better prototype of nearly every conceptual weapon in the Nasuverse.
>>
>>49236008
I just want to know who built all those for him.
>>
>>49235911
Thank you.
>>
>>49235982
I'm fine giving examples. Look at the pricing for any of the star rankings. I can give a almost certain assurance that the majority of Servants under each tier would cost more to make with the normal system then they would to just buy them with these tiers and keep their canon builds. If you're talking about examples of banned things or rules being bypassed, go look at the banned list in the supplement. Taking any 'canon build' Servant would let them bypass that and get their banned skill back.

Paying the CP difference would be very unlikely to work, since the costs would be very large, especially if you intend to have 1600cp limit on the drawbacks. It'd also make several Servants like Gilgamesh impossible to get, as you don't have the several million CP to pay the difference that should exist.
>>
>>49236033
no one. its a conceptual armory.

alternately, the ancient babylonians who also turned his throne into a spaceship.
>>
>>49235988
Hmm. I think I know the perfect setting for the first two, and I picked up Terminal Networker in SMT, which should be good enough for teleportation purposes.
>>
>>49235957
I was mainly talking about the 'special features'. Gil is a skilled warrior (generally), but the other anon was implying that he basically has every super power, which is blatantly false and it takes him time to withdraw his weapons from the GoB, which leads to him getting fucked over by a certain autistic redhead.

That's not getting into the fact that Gil acts differently depending on how hard the plot needs him job, so trying to take all of his appearances and look at all of them together as a 'complete' picture of his abilities doesn't really work.
>>
>>49235965
Supposedly, it was to create the ultimate Diclonii capable of spreading them throughout the earth and eventually replacing humanity, or at least that was that one guy's goal. Can't remember his name right now, but he was some crazy scientist.
>>
>>49235842
One thing I thought about when I briefly considered doing the jump myself (never got anywhere since I didn't actually like Prisma Illya that much) was making up some bullshit about the Gates recognizing that you're not the real deal on some level and locking you off from some stuff. So on the meta level you'd be able to pick X from a selection of Gil's more iconic NPs (individually, not a package like the next choices), being able to access everything but being unable to actually activate them at all (fiat block) so they're just really, really, REALLY good swords and lances and whatever else you can get there, and having access to the Gates as an actual place to store your own stuff. Your own idea of only having minor stuff could work with this system too, if you think it's any good.
>>
>>49236081
Ahh, my bad then. It's true he doesn't have every superpower and certainly not at every level, but I don't doubt he could solve most situations if he ever bothered to catalogue what he had in there and plan prior to fights. Definitely not something any of his incarnations would do however. Even the less arrogant/idiotic ones like in Extra seem to prefer just going max power with the strongest NPs instead of abusing the various artefact abilities he has access to.

That said, the time he takes to draw things is pretty negligible. It's only within the REality Marble where Shirou/Archer actually outspeeds him.
>>
>>49236008
I don't know what you are asking. It kind of depends on the companion, and this is a conversation about Gilgamesh, not Gilgamesh working with another powerful companion.
>>
>>49236090
>Some idiot thought he could replace all of humanity with a species made up only of little girls
>>
>>49236048
...actually make a few. im not certain on that.

generic saber
class - 475
A Str - 0
A End - 50
A Agi - 25
A Mana - 100
A Luck - 150
A Riding - 100
A Mresist - 100
A Personal - 100
A NP - 100

475+50+25+100+150+100+100+100+100=1200.

thats exactly on the price for a 2* servant, and well below a 5*. adding an Ex makes it 1550, but thats still below. adding some +'s (two and a discounted one, or one and three, or five discounted) takes it to 1800 exactly.

that seems well below that stat levels for most servants.

if your talking about the gate being full, then empty it i guess? but if you mean that most servants in FGO would cost more sp than would be available, then i think i disagree.
>>
>>49236140
There was a male rapebaby Diclonii. Or it might've just been a deformed human. My memory is a little fuzzy.
>>
>>49236140
Eh, Vectors can apparently transform babies in the womb into more Diclonii or something, but yeah, that plan was stupid. I mean, what happens when all the humans are dead? You can't even say they could use sperm banks or some shit, because Diclonii are sterile. How the hell are you going to keep the population going?
>>
>>49236090
Kakuzawa.

He wanted Diclonii to replace humans so that, like, hundreds of years down the line the new race would worship him.

>>49236140
What this >>49236173 guy said. The good director fucked some woman so she had a male diclonii that he could then make rape his half-sister.
>>
>>49236168
Most Servants have more then a single NP and more then just the skills discounted for them. But fine. Tell me what each tier of Servant costs and I'll have a look myself. I'm sure I can find at least a couple Servants that are worth more, considering how many there are. Even one is really enough to show the system doesn't work.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, but you offering discounts or freebies for Servants also kind of wrecks the argument that the prices aren't cheaper.
>>
>>49236168
There are very few Servants that are built with all As. You'd be better off trying to stat Medusa or Cool Chewtrain if you are trying to make an actual point.
>>
>>49236195
But that makes no sense! First off, he's a human, and one who tortured them, why would they worship him? Second of all, Diclonii are sterile, and even if two of them weren't, that's nowhere near enough to sustain a population, even ignoring the fact that incest would cause eventually cause the line to fall apart. This is even ignoring the fact that the Diclonii were already starting to fight amongst themselves, and odds were they'd probably kill the fertile ones by accident. This whole plan is absolute bull shit!
>>
>>49236204
1* is 1000 cp, and it increases by 200 for each one.

and... not in grand order? gameplay limitations force them to only have one Np.
>>
>>49236256
So all canon builds may only have a single NP in this jump then? You're not putting in any clause about getting the other ones post jump?
>>
>>49236256
>gameplay limitations force them to only have one Np.

Okay, but is that true in fluff as well?
>>
>>49236256
>>49236264
Problem: The Materials mention additional Phantasms for GO Servants besides the ones used in game, like Marie's (Yeah I'm using her as an example a lot but honestly she's one of the more weird/stand out ones IMO) Crystal Palace
>>
>>49236264
in a canon build, (er, canon to FGO, not the nasuverse as a whole), only 1 np.

and... i dont think they can? you cant go through the supplement twice, so i dont think theres a way to get more anyways?
>>
>>49236246
He's a mad scientist in an anime. Logic never gets in the way of their dreams of godhood.
>>
>>49236276
apparently not? >>49236293

that said, im looking at three different wiki pages, and none of them list her with a second Np.
>>
>>49236293
Does Attila have any extras beyond rainbow sword?
>>
>>49236264
>>49236256
I have no idea what this is about anymore.
Can we just have a fixed cost for a Canon Servant (or their stat sheet if you are becoming the servant)
You can pay the fixed cost in lieu of buying the stats NP, etc a la carte if you wish.
(Gilgamesh would let you summon copies of stuff in.attached to your warehouse.)

Valeria, what do you think in a fair price for that?
Anon, what about you?
Normally a complete package background is 1,000 CP. Do you both think that is fair?
>>
>>49236246
From what I remember his family had vestigial horns and passed down a legend that they were descended from demons with powers or something that lost their powers and were hunted down by humans. He thought that the diclonius were a resurgence of the demons. Turned out that it was just a family myth though.
>>
>>49236256
Well, first hiccup. Tried making Saber, according to her profile in GO game, and it comes out to 1850SP. That's one, the main mascot, already over the limit.

>>49236354
A fixed cost is the problem anon. That's what this entire argument has been about. There is no fair price because Servants vary so much. Either your paying far, far less then what it should cost or your paying much more then you should be paying. This is all trying to fix something that doesn't need fixing, when the fix is flawed and full of holes.

Yes, it can take a few minutes to make something in the Supplement, but it's mostly balanced and allows a wide range of creativity while not over or under charging the jumper. A fixed cost will not work because the Servant system is practically built on contradictions and the tier system in game is more then a little based just on the popularity of certain Servants.
>>
Are there any perks that keeps blood out of my clothing? I'd like to Rip and Tear, but I'd rather not stain my shirt.
>>
Jump #140: Titanfall
>Justice (Things set to rights.)
>Age: 34
>Location: ...the cockpit of a Titan? What?
>Identity: Engineer (-100)
>Drawbacks: Even In The Future, Nothing Works! (+200)
>Back from the Brink (1000)
Back to friendly territory? Hm. Doable.
>Titan Engineering (Free, Engineer)
And now I know how to put together yet another variety of mech. I would however argue that these ones have nothing over the many others I'm familiar with by now.
>What's This Do? (900, Engineer)
Oh hey, now I can basically learn how to operate virtually all advanced technology with an interface.
>Synergy of Man and Machine (700, Engineer)
This... kind of seems overpriced, but hell, I may as well go for it anyway. Yay I know how to design control interfaces? Actually, this sort of thing would've been useful for Legacy of the Aldenata since the controls of power armor there are absolutely retarded.
>Cheaper By The Dozens (400, Engineer)
Mass production. Streamlined designs. I'm going to have to just make some sort of semi-autonomous mass-produced robots that will work when I need warm bodies. Perhaps I'll shrink down some SupCom engineers to do the work.
>Authority Equals Asskicking (0)
Now this is a perk that will be handy. The higher my rank in any organization, the more competent I am.

Now, the question becomes, which side is right?

Well, not the corporation doing its corporate thing, that's for sure. First thing I'm going to do is jack something FTL capable and go to Earth to ask them what the hell. From there... well, depends a lot on questions that can't be answered, now doesn't it?
>>
File: Wear Red.jpg (18KB, 236x367px) Image search: [Google]
Wear Red.jpg
18KB, 236x367px
>>49236388
>>
>>49236333
I don't think so but Atilla has a skill where everything she touches is Sword (Civilization Erasure EX). Well more properly its:
>This is a subconsciously active skill of the heroic spirit Altera.
>Anything in her grasp is transformed into its "best" form currently most suited for herself.

Which is why her valentine's chocolate is partially sword
>>
>>49236413
That's not fabulous enough. And besides, I don't do monochrome.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg (79KB, 753x597px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg
79KB, 753x597px
Okay I have a lot of catching up to do, been working with my kid nephew, who has freaking pneumonia right now cause he loves to swing a bit too much.
Mardutkh thank you for trying to answer the questions. You trying to help when I wasn't here really was nice.

>>49227861
>One, we are back to charging for things a Fae-Born should be getting for free.
Perhaps you weren't here for the Knowledge vs. Access that I gave out a while back.

>Errata weirdness.
Like any good ST, just ignore Errata and other sources when they make little to no sense.
Some design decisions were made for the oddest reasons, and some were even made out of spite.

>Native Nerf.
I have looked it over and the above decisions should work most of the time. The only things that I that are prevented from Creation-Born Fae-Blooded with a forged Grace is Unshaped and Assumption Keyworded Charms.
>>
>>49236429
Truly the most Shirou of Sabers.
>>
>>49236388
I think maybe aura from RWBY? I don't recall ever seeing blood on a hunter/huntress with an active aura, though that may just be due to poor animation quality.
>>
>>49236384
I was assuming you would pay a la carte, like now if it is cheaper.
And that there should be a maximum cost for existing servants you should not have to go over to duplicate them. 1,000 CP is basically the entire budget, on one thing, either being or summoning and existing servant. It seemed fair to allow something pre existing in the setting for 1,000 CP without needing drawbacks

So that would be the most you would have to pay to have be that one servant you really wanted.
>>
>>49236413
For ANTS I tell you!
>>
>>49236429
>I don't think so but Atilla has a skill where everything she touches is Sword (Civilization Erasure EX). Well more properly its:
>This is a subconsciously active skill of the heroic spirit Altera.
>Anything in her grasp is transformed into its "best" form currently most suited for herself.
>Which is why her valentine's chocolate is partially sword

So what you're telling me is, she is Shirou's dream waifu.
>>
>>49236573
So you want to be able to buy Servants that might cost upwards of 2000 or close to 3000 Cp for half or less the actual cost? You're not serious. That's WORSE then this canon build stuff. Add in the freebies and discounts on the overall price this jump already has and it's just insane.

Why should this jump offer them at such a massively reduced price?
>>
Can someone remind me what the ruling was for what an EX-rank God Hand would stop?
>>
>>49236650
I don't remember what I said at the time but it should still be in the archives. If it's not I'm fine saying again but don't scream at me if it accidentally contradicts what I said a year or more ago.
>>
>>49236332
Anon.

Anon please. Capitalize this properly. Every time I read you I feel like I'm reading Bancho
>>
>>49236388
Just grab some form of hydrokinesis.
Or enchant/science your clothes to repel liquid and grime.

Warding and the like saves big on utility bills.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 11.jpg (18KB, 105x105px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 11.jpg
18KB, 105x105px
So, how is Ultimate Spiderman, or whatever s/he's going to use for their title, going?

Also howdy all.

>>49236773
>Warding and the like saves big on utility bills.
I have Inventory for that.
But yes enchantments using Prestidigitation as their core can have the item instantly warm, chill, change color at will, repair at a slow rate, clean or soil itself (if you want that dashing just out of the dust storm look), among other things. Prestidigitation was callled Least Wish at our table for ages just because of how good it was.
>>
File: Good End.png (321KB, 953x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Good End.png
321KB, 953x1920px
Jumpers, when have you managed to not only redeem but befriend the BBEG?
>>
>>49236925
Why would you want to?
>>
>>49236925
By befriend the big bad do you mean waifu the big bad?
>>
>>49236680
Found it:

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/41116863/#41117482
>>
>>49236925
Yup.

Nyx.
>>
>>49236987
Well, there you go. Hope it's good enough.
>>
>>49237011
>>49236987
The resistance gained from Godhand wear off? The wiki completely failed to mention that.
>>
>>49237011
Yes, it is. Thanks. Also, how many characters in Fate actually have EX-rank attacks? Gilgamesh and, what, Semiramis?
>>
>>49237042
It does but it also seems to be what happens. Saber can still manage to hurt him (At least break the skin, not take a life) with prana burst boosted strength in their second fight, despite the fact that what little damage she could do in the first one should've made that impossible.

An NP that makes you permanently immune to any attack after experiencing it once (Well, nigh immune apparently?), when the attack can be as broad as 'burnt by fire' would be too powerful in any case, especially combined with what else he has. Hence the pseudo canon limitation that it goes away after some time. I've tried to limit as few things as possible with NPs but this is just one of the things that's too much to have as in canon.

>>49237067
Anyone with an EX rank NP generally should, long as it's not a defensive type like Arturia. You should be able to easily find a list of those on the wiki. I don't believe anyone with EX strength exists but you might want to be wary of anyone with above A rank strength, since they might have a skill or NP that boosts their strength further. Semiramis is the only one I know of that should have magic spells capable of harming you at that level, with her NP fully active, though if you screw around too much/give them warning, other Casters /might/ be able to set up a big enough spell. This is more for the Medea level people with a huge leyline area and territory creation then it is for guys like Gilles. So uh, just be careful and murder the wizards first.
>>
File: sasuga ainz sama.png (169KB, 863x560px) Image search: [Google]
sasuga ainz sama.png
169KB, 863x560px
>>49236999
As expected of reverse Satan
>>
File: doggo.jpg (4KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
4KB, 284x177px
>>49234064
>Defending Freedom, Liberty and humanity with a collective hive mind of mutant daughterus

I don't even know what my job is any more.
>>
>>49237256
You're nothing more than a walking uterus, senpai.
>>
>>49237263
I outsource it out to the spawning pools these days, I get a much better 1st generation yield.

Besides which I was still doing other things! I used the time to build various flavors of laser.
>>
>>49237307
Every house mom needs her little hobbies, I suppose.
>>
I read the City of Heroes Jump, and looking at Heir to the Throne, it seems like it doesn't actually need you to take eNCsoftropy, point-wise. If I missed something however, please correct me.

Tech Origin (0)
Controller Archetype (50)
Clockwork Faction (150) [Discounted Tech]
Gadgetry (300) [Discounted Tech]
Psychic Mastery (450) [Discounted Controller]
Psychic Control (750) [Discounted Controller]
Minions, Robots (1550)
>>
>>49237473
I guess the maker forgot to change costs when he raised the drawback limit.
I don't know if you're supposed to be able to get it without that drawback.
>>
File: Broheart_face.png (26KB, 88x139px) Image search: [Google]
Broheart_face.png
26KB, 88x139px
>>49237371
American Values starts with the family
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

Dont mind me just rolling.
>>
File: fluffy fluffy.png (361KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
fluffy fluffy.png
361KB, 800x571px
can you produce offspring with angeloids?
>>
>>49237641
>Breeding with your robot slave.
>>
>>49237641
If you try hard enough you can get results fugging anything.
Might I direct you to some of the perks from in Nomine?
Alternatively Shrek has an option for that as well.
>>
>>49237659
Are you telling him that he needs to Shrek that pussy?
>>
>>49237641
There are perks for letting you breed with anything, even a robot.
>>
>>49237669
did you forget to turn off the meme drawback anon?
>>
File: blank10.png (254KB, 610x520px) Image search: [Google]
blank10.png
254KB, 610x520px
>>49237256
>collective hivemind of mutant daughterus

This seems like, at least 3 different kinds of heresy.

>>49234064
The LAST time? Well-technically I was supposed to be a gun cultist but I decided the universe ill needs a cosmic reset button, channeled Balefrost through the thing so it shot itself out of existence and became the new gun deity under Necromonger law.

There's at least 5 people I've fucked over in the process, but fuck 'em, they didn't play through Undertale.

>>49223615
[City of Heroes]

Drawbacks: Mission Architect Addict, Ambush! Wanted, Nemesis Plot (1800)

Rolled Mercy Island

Natural, Defender (1750)

Time Manipulation (1350)
Kinetics (950)
Force Field Projection (650)
Gravity Manipulation (50)
Holy Shotgun (0)

In which I STILL have no idea what I'm doing or how anything works other than going on the run. How does a singularity that has my powers even work? Does my Stand pop out of it to bop people on the head every now and then? Does it turn into a white hole when it gets set on fire?

I don't know, I'm just this strange hobo constantly playing mobile VR simulators while never going on missions and ranting about nemesis plots. I don't even know who or what Nemesis even IS at this point, I just know it's out to get me.
>>
Is city of heros done? I thought it was a wip.
>>
>>49237688
I live on stupid jokes.
>>
>>49237731
The main jump has been done forever. You're thinking of the gauntlet/dlc thing.
>>
>>49237731
The actual jump is done and just got an update.
The gauntlet made by someone else is not and probably won't be for a while considering how it looks at the moment.
>>
Jump #141: Alien
>Four of Swords (The need for vigilance in a moment of calm.)
>Location: USCSS Hereward
>Identity: Captain
>Drawbacks: Company Man (+600)
This should be easy as long as no one does anything too stupid, actually.
Wait, this is the Alien 'verse. Fat fucking chance of everyone not being morons.
>Navigation (1400)
Any captain worth their salt should know how to fly the damn ship.
>Radio Operator (1200)
Coordinating crew is part and parcel of the job.
>Leadership (Free, Captain)
Having rank means knowing how to use it properly. Captains don't last long otherwise.
>Intuitive Direction (800)
Well, it's important to know one's own ship. Otherwise you get lost walking down endless beige corridors- wait, that was TNG.
>Fabrication (400)
Hey, everybody needs hobbies.
>Direct Commands (200, Captain)
When I speak, people need to listen. When I make a plan, I need to make sure it's the right one.
>Headset (150)
Hey, a set of headsets is useful, never know when you might need to coordinate a group.
>Computer Passkeys (Free, Captain)
Who needs to hack? I have rank here.
>Portable Computer (0, Captain) (my captain)
Having a direct link to the ship's computer is useful. And I'm pretty sure that, despite not getting the hacking skills of this jump, the myriad hacking abilities I obtained in other jumps should still work so that maps can be updated.

So, I've got to check out a missing ship, which is so far out of the way that it's going to take a better part of the year to reach it. But then, we're probably the closest and fastest ship to it. I suppose we should be prepared for anything, but... you know what? This ship is pretty crappy in several ways, and I'm an engineer who has little tolerance for bad work. And so over the course of a year we get some interior redecorating done. This accomplishes not much, other than ensuring the ship doesn't look like an industrial nightmare. It may not match technical specs, but if it purrs like a kitten afterward, it's worth it.
>>
>>49237756
Power-limiting things are annoying, I would say. I got so used to using my clairvoyance to look for things that my first instinct was to look for the Nostromo when I decided to call it a night on the first day I was there. I woke up three days later in Medical, with the knowledge that Ripley was in an escape pod bound toward the frontier and the Nostromo was in atoms. And that I was starving after not having eaten for three days. That's all well and good, but it meant no using my favorite power to cheat early on, unless I wanted to be knocked out.

Also, screw food restrictions; I have so much stored in the warehouse that it isn't even funny, who needs to actively make it? Bread! Apples! Cake for everyone!

>Where the fuck did you get all that from, captain?
I went out to the corner store, now shut up and eat your damn cake.

Once we arrived... well, system is empty. There's barely any sign of wreckage (but there IS some wreckage in a decaying orbit). Okay, that's all well and good. Let's go investigate the planet- oh hello this is a derelect spacecraft which has been here for a couple thousand years, just sitting. Aaand idiots had to go and poke the fucking eggs. And the facehuggers have acid blood. And now the aliens have left behind a couple of corpses. And now I remember the setting.

WELP. Into the warehouse we go. Out we come with military hardware and a floating flashlight that talks, so there can be a safe patrol of the less-traveled areas of the ship, for we are going to make damn sure these aliens don't get to eat the crew. Sure, specimens are interesting, but specimens are expendable considering there's a source of the damn things on the planet.
>>
>>49237748
My dude he just posted an update with a bunch of new stuff in the last thread.
>>49223615
>>
>>49237765
In fact, they only got to kill three people and one dog. One was killed when the crew lit it up with assorted weaponry from Halo (and its corpse nearly melted through the hull). The other was flushed out an airlock along with myself. I apparated back onto the ship and nearly passed out from the effort and the regeneration from injuries, but the xeno mostly burned up in what little atmosphere the planet had. Anything that didn't burn up, I guarantee splattered on the planet. Xenos are tough, but they're not survive-reentry tough.

After that... sat down with the crew, weighed options, and managed to get five people to volunteer to go back to the planet. People will do anything for money, after all, and the terms were set down very carefully - live video from all five of them, one of which was to watch the perimeter and the other two to operate in two-man teams. No poking the eggs, document the hell out of everything involving that ship, then come back.

>Where the fuck did you get all that from, captain?
I went out to the corner store, now shut up and hide those damn gold bricks.

So naturally, Alien being the setting that it is, one of them poked an egg. Instead of letting it play out as it did the last time, we just threw that idiot in cold storage and went 'fuck this, we're all getting the hell out of here, and the Company can deal with it themselves'.

Fuck it. Gold and cake for everyone! Now let's go find Ripley's escape pod.

What's that? An explosion on the planet as we left? Perhaps that derelict craft's drives finally went up. It definitely wasn't the ten kilograms of antimatter I snuck on board when we were preparing to dust off.
>>
>>49237771
I noticed it in ASA's post after I posted. Shows me.
>>
File: QT.png (88KB, 315x302px) Image search: [Google]
QT.png
88KB, 315x302px
>>49237721
>This seems like, at least 3 different kinds of heresy.

In my mind the fact that they're adorable daughterus defending Justice, Freedom and Humanity balance the scales. I don't expect the Ecclesiarchy to agree but its really hard not to be a heretic where their concerned anyway.

You know what I say? Cute mutant with glasses is cute and purge all who disagree!
>>
>>49237679
Jump?
>>
>>49237832
Already some in the thread.
>>49237659
>>
>>49237832
Also Generic Hentai. . .
>>
>>49237865
>Staying up to 6am to troll
>>
>>49237866
Gotta get it in before school, or so it might seem.

I wonder how many others are even awake at this hour?
>>
>>49237879
Seems like about 4 or 5, but none all that active.
>>
>>49237879
5 AM here.
Though, I'm not sure I qualify as awake.
>>
File: -7rNO-LK.jpg (42KB, 473x472px) Image search: [Google]
-7rNO-LK.jpg
42KB, 473x472px
>>49237887
Designated Shitposter Reporting
>>
>>49232191
>After bonding with a perfect host they can't do that anymore.

That is also the point when they gain a resistances to their weaknesses, if we get a "perfect bond" we shouldn't need to pay CP for that resistance.
>>
>>49237879
Back when I was going to school, I'd wake up a couple hours early so I could real and truly "wake up" so to speak. It takes me awhile.

Although sometimes my insomnia would kick in and I'd wake up several hours earlier than normal and decide, "Well, I guess I'm just up now."
Which meant I got a lot of extra time to futz around on the internet before class.

If I could choose between that and more sleep, though, I'd take the sleep every time.
>>
On a compeltelly different note.
Don't drink a dose of Nightquil and then chase with water before going straight to bed. I just woke up to my own shouting of 'Why are there tires in the line!?'
>>
File: 1353958623325.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1353958623325.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>49223615
Doesn't it seem unfair that there's only this NPC Background section for mostly evil people? I mean, they get special bonuses for combos, and there's nothing comparable for the good-aligned.

The Patron/Sidekick and the
Lieutenant/Membership perks they block off don't really compare. Membership and Lieutenant gives you a 300 point perk for paying 300 points (assuming you go with the discounted) after the jump is basically over or a single companion. Patron/Sidekick is a drawback and just gives you a discount on something. Meanwhile NPC Backgrounds pay nothing to 300 (mostly 150-200) and then build normally, and if things were going along with their powers get free powers, improvements to their purchased powers, and often free companions.
>>
>>49237915
Yeah, it's 6 in the evening here in Australia. Prime time for doing nothing constructive.
>>
File: Baaah.gif (445KB, 498x336px) Image search: [Google]
Baaah.gif
445KB, 498x336px
>>49237966
I stopped shitposting out of sheer Pic Related. WTF man?
>>
>>49237966
Nyquil reacts poorly with. . . water? Are you serious?
>>
>>49237994
Our shitposter isn't an Oz, though. He has none of the skill and creativity you associate with ausposting. He's just a North American of some sort who's angry that, though Tyron is fucked his mom senseless, he ended up with a microdick.
>>
>>49237966
Nigga, NyQuil doesn't react with or to water. You just had a bad dream.
>>
>>49237966
I think that's less the nyquil and more your head...
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 5.jpg (158KB, 688x729px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 5.jpg
158KB, 688x729px
>>49238013
Dude, I have no fucking clue.

>>49238024
I don't think so. I've chased Nightquil with water all my life, it was just the one time, I thought it'd be funny to tell you guys.

>>49238029
See above.

>>49238033
See above and probably.
I wonder what 'tires in the lines' means in dream speak.
>>
File: Abby-Normal.jpg (61KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Abby-Normal.jpg
61KB, 500x280px
>>49238033
I've been wondering where that brain went.
>>
File: EP jump sample.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
EP jump sample.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I feel like I have made a huge error.
>>
>>49238053
>posting this late
Yeah, probably. Almost no ones on.
>>
>>49238053
What error did you make?
>>
>>49238053
Oh neat! Looking at it.
>>
Before anyone says, yeah, it's just a sample WIP.

>>49238057
I frontloaded it with lore.
>>
>>49238053
You're getting bogged down in the lore IMO
We've got wikis and other crap if we have questions
>>
>>49238053
>57 pages
You are very ambitious to be giving page numbers for material that isn't done yet.
I have to say I like how you have hyperlinks in the index.
>>
>>49238071
Lore is good.

>>49238073
>Relying on a wiki to inform people about your jump
Shit-tier.
>>
>>49238071
It does have a lot of a lore, but my major issue is the light blue letters are hard as fuck to read in some places.

>>49238073
Not always the best idea, as I've been told. Repeatedly.
>>
>>49238080
You can also use lore to fluff out perk and drawback descriptions, but there is a limit on how much you can include.

>>49238087
>Not always the best idea, as I've been told

It requires balance. It shouldn't require it to make the jump, but you also shouldn't make your jump 20 pages of straight lore without any purchases.
>>
>>49238108
>there is a limit on how much you can include.
No there isn't.

>Waah too many pages!
Use the index to skip ahead.
>>
>>49238114
>Use the index to skip ahead.

Most jumps don't have it
Though Myrmidont did good with that.
>>
>>49238108
>6 pages
>20 pages
Learn to count.
>>
The problem is if I have a perk that goes "...your ego and morph are especially resistant to attempts to corrupt it, such as through the exurgent virus...", nobody is going to know what I'm talking about unless I put it at the front.
So I'm thinking I might have to shuffle it all to a lore section at the back, but then I need to work out what needs to stay at the front end.
>>
>>49238126
I was making a general statement
Stop being such a cunt
>>
File: 1361147303950.png (146KB, 396x335px) Image search: [Google]
1361147303950.png
146KB, 396x335px
>>49238053
You need to insert a clause ensuring that continuity and consciousness are preserved through egocasting, backups and the like because that is normally NOT the case in this setting, everyone is just a psycho that doesn't care that they're constantly killing a version of themselves to create an identical clone.

I have read your section on it. You are STILL killing our original with egocasting and such. This doesn't adequately address the issue as far as I'm concerned. I do not care if the clone gets the perks and keeps jumping.
>>
>>49238142
It is hard to balance, I'm glad you're at least attempting to adjust based on these suggestions.
You can have some lore up front, especially vital terms for the metaphysics or abilities of the setting, then elaborate enough on each perk.
An optional clarification lore dump would fit the usual notes section.
>>
>>49238164
It's six pages with an index. You can easily skip it if you don't care. Positioning is irrelevant and from a design perspective it's always important to introduce terminology at the earliest possible convenience.
>>
>>49238152
The "clone" is you, though.
But if you think it doesn't adequately address it, I'll change that.
>>
>>49238198
The clone is a clone. As I said, I don't feel it adequately addresses the problem without a direct statement on continuity of self and consciousness.
>>
>>49237915
Your nose is broken
>>
>>49238203
Same thing happens every time you beam somewhere in Star Trek. Just don't think about it too much until you have more than one instance of yourself around at a time.
>>
>>49238209
The Star Trek jump says it doesn't work that way for you unless you take the drawback.

>Don't think about how you're committing suicide!
This is a horrible and dangerous way of thinking and reveals a lack of self-preservation or sense of value in your own life.
>>
>>49238198
Myr, have you not played SOMA?

They only way the clone becomes you again is when you "Defork". After assimilating your clone what you are is up to philosophy, but if you have two bodies with the same memories and they start experiencing different things they become separate entities.
>>
>>49238198
>>49238209
The clone problem can be a big deal for certain people or philosophies, and gets even weirder when messing with the metaphysics of various settings and being a Jumper.
>>
>>49238216
I thought it was just the fact that they ROUTED PLASMA THROUGH ALL CONSOLES EVERYWHERE that revealed a lack of self-preservation instinct.

Also, are you just asking for a fiat for that jump to ensure you have continuity of consciousness? I mean, the innate 'you'-ness persists, right?
>>
>>49238223
They usually delete the original outright in egocasting, so you don't even get to ponder those kinds of issues. 'cause you're dead.
>>
>>49238231
>Also, are you just asking for a fiat for that jump to ensure you have continuity of consciousness?
And self, yes.

>I mean, the innate 'you'-ness persists, right?
Not as it is currently.
>>
>>49238232
Wouldn't your clone?

I mean providing that there was a 1:1 synchronization at the moment of termination that fact makes things a little more hazy.
>>
>>49238246
Who cares? You the original is dead. You will not experience your clone's ponderings.
>>
City of Heroes
age 23 male
rolled Ouroborous: chose Paragon City in the modern era
Mission Architect Addict +200
Ambush! +200
Medicom Woes+400
Scrapper- 50 me
Elemental Melee:Darkness- 300 discounted for scrapper
martial arts -300 discounted for scrapper
Weapon Specialty:Zhanmadao -300, discounted for scrapper me
Umbral- 800
[Insert team here] ASSEMBLE!!-300 giving 8 companions a free archetype and 600 points each
Credits!-50

Pamela "Pam" Poovey
Brute- free
Themed Costume- Free
Body Mastery-150
Super Strength-300
Willpower , discounted -300
Credits!-50

Tyrion Lannister
mastermind free
Themed Costume- Free
Experimentation- 150
minions:Mercenaries: -400
specialty minion:Tanker,Invulnerability -300,Super Strength-300
leadership -100
Credits!X7-100

Waddle Dee retainers
controller free
Themed Costume- Free
Gravity Control-300
illusions, discounted -300
Medicine- discounted -100
Credits!- 50

TJ
blaster free
Themed Costume- Free
Dual Pistols -300
Body Mastery- discounted -150
Flight-100
Credits!- 50
Concealment- 200

mother box
Blaster free
Themed Costume- Free
Technology-free
Medicine -200
Presence- 100
Radiation Blast- discounted -300
Leviathan Mastery-200

Monique
Defender-free
Themed Costume- Free
Time Manipulation-400
Empathy/Pain Manipulation- -300
Psychic Cleaver- 100

Tina
Blaster free
Themed Costume- Free
Leaping- 200
Elemental Blast: fire -300
Munitions Mastery- 300

Dante
drop in
Themed Costume- Free
Leadership-100
Medicine- 100
Void Hunter Training- 600
*Notes: standard superhero scenario, trying very hard to be creative, my powers think the way the flash and Superman are still interesting Despite their amazing abilities. Might have to leave
the my coat off for this one.
>>
>>49237765
>>49237772

I like your answers to the crew. I should start saying that, rather than bothering to lie, even if whoever is asking will believe me in most cases.

Sometimes it's just not worth the effort, but I'm still pretty early in my jumping career and keep thinking like a regular human.
>>
File: Booty-Warrior.jpg (128KB, 558x340px) Image search: [Google]
Booty-Warrior.jpg
128KB, 558x340px
>>49238256
It's more complicated than that
>>
>>49238272
It is not. I don't care about the observer side of the argument because I am no the observer in this situation. I am the original, and I have died.
>>
>>49238216
Alright, so how about this:
> Since this mode of travel is so common (and starships take ages to get anywhere), during this jump egocasting from place-to-place will maintain your jump continuity. From your perspective you simply close your eyes in one place, and open them in the new body, continuity of consciousness intact.
>Since the method of travelling via Pandora Gates is canonically unknown, they will also work on the
same principle – travelling via Gate will not end your continuity of existence either.

Does that solve the issue?
>>
>>49238226
>a big deal for certain people or phiosophies

...why should canon be rewritten just to appeal to some manic-depressive autist's pathetic excuse for philosophy?

Don't like ego casting? Don't take ego ego casting, genius. It's that simple. I don't see any hardcore Christian taking issue with demon perks or any solipsists saying they should be able to make their own CP.
>>
>>49238152
You need to stop being an entitled, petulant child and realise that maybe.

Just maybe.

If you don't like an ability, you aren't OBLIGED to make use of it.
>>
File: DJH9ps4.png (85KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
DJH9ps4.png
85KB, 500x500px
>>49238281
At the moment of death the observer and the original are the same person, sharing information.

If I cut out half your brain are you dead or have you just lost part of yourself. Now I expand your brain and then remove it? Isn't that a similar situation? Every 7 years? Every atom in your body is exchanged. If you're completely different but just the same person what makes you you?

It's more complicated than that.
>>
>>49238282
It works. I'd put the world self in there too somewhere, not 100% required but that's clear up the last bit of doubt on my end.

>>49238303
So you don't die? Most of us aren't really cool with that.

>Philosophy
It's literally an argument of observers and the coin flip between whether you're the clone reminiscing on the recent past or the original dying in the moment. Do you like gambling 50/50 with your life?

>>49238309
>Ability
Read the doc please, it explains this mechanic to you.
>>
>>49238317
>same person
I meant same shape
Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>49238317
>Observer
In this case this refers to an outside entity. From the perspective of everyone else.

Every part of your body is slowly replaced a few cells at a time, never losing continuity. It's not the same as what happens here, where your mind is uploaded to a server, then copied and sent elsewhere while you on the server is deleted.
>>
>>49238318
Again-don't use ego casting. I don't have the patience or lack of dignity to indulge your whining, so I'm just going to repeat the obvious solution since you're slow in the head:

Don't

Use

Ego

Casting.

As opposed to changing everything about how something works in canon just because you said so. What next, you going to say Stands aren't really you so you should be able to have more than one?

Thing you can do. Whatever.
>>
>>49238336
It's not an ability. It's literally how they travel.

Then again, you're not the jumpmaker, so your patience is irrelevant to me, and your hostility makes me think you're the shitposter getting some more jabs in before school starts.
>>
>>49238303
>>49238309
I think (could be wrong) the concern is more about ego casting, exact physical clone comes into existence, original gets killed, Jumper wakes up on their home Earth.

A note that this is not how it's going to work for this jump (same as Star Trek had), is not a bad idea.
>>
>>49238053
Not familiar with the setting, but why does the version of the virus that only changes your body cause chain end?
>>
>>49238282
That seems to fix it for me, thanks.
>>
>>49238331
>It's not the same as what happens here, where your mind is uploaded to a server, then copied and sent elsewhere while you on the server is deleted.

I agree but this isn't what I'm saying.
There has to be an almost flawless connection for continuity to be possible, but it is possible to hot swap bodies this way providing some theories about consciousness are correct.

But to be honest, the chance that these theories are incorrect would make me not want to chance it.
>>
>>49238364
I don't trust theories on anything this important, it's not worth the risk to gamble your life on suicide.

It's also worth noting that plenty of people in this setting don't restrict themselves to ego-casting, they keep brain backups that get rebooted and put into bodies when the 'original' ends up dying. I don't think even you would argue that could be the same person. People in this setting basically have eroded their sense of self and self preservation to almost nothing.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg (56KB, 343x693px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 9.jpg
56KB, 343x693px
>>49238346
Okay man here's the thing. If the fiction doesn't agree with you and you don't like its mechanics, but it is canon you don't have to Jump it. Either don't do the thing you don't agree with, or don't Jump it. Jumping is purely a choice, in most cases with very few outliers like my own 'let the thread decide' system and the one guy who Jumps via a D8.

>>49238361
Ah, cool. I hope that's the guy I was talking to. I love it when everyone is satisfied but I'll take just a few as a solid second place.
>>
>>49238380
I agree, I'm not chancing it
I've got a star ship that can space fold, I'll travel like the pedestrian hive queen I am
>>
>>49238346
Weird, I had the same thought about you.

I think it's bullshit fundamentally that the wsy something works canonically is being rewritten solely because you're asshurt about MUH EGO DEATH even though I recognise it's not an overpowering advantage. I'll just wait until you try to use your stupid excuse to somehow wrangle owning two Exaltations in Infernals jump and get chewed out.
>>
>>49238394
>If the fiction doesn't agree with you
The fiction does agree with me, in the sense that it states that it's basically the death of the original. Transhumanity just doesn't care.

If you're talking about how it works, then this kind of thing is generally fiated away not to kill you. Because jumpmakers generally don't want people to get instantly murdered by the common method of travel. This is how it works in Star Trek, the jumpmaker says "Teleportation doesn't kill your original." Saving everyone the headache and death.
>>
>>49238410
Then is this, >>49238282 okay with you?
>>
>>49238405
Why are you projecting random unrelated crap onto me? So you can generate some fake shitstorm later then point at this and scream "SEES!? I TOLDS YOUSE HE WAS BAD!"?

Why would you even want two Infernal Exaltations? Just one is going to give you access to all Infernal charms. There's zero reason to double down.
>>
>>49238410
>everyone

Speak for yourself.
>>
The issue is that I don't want to lock off a significant part of the setting because of philosophy, the same way jumpers in Star Trek don't have to shuttle everywhere (except for those that take the drawback).

If you're concerned that it's re-writing the setting, it's not, really; Joe Transhuman does indeed close his eyes and wake up in the new place, "his" continuity of existence intact, while his previous body is now braindead and wheeled off to the freezers.

Final revision for tonight:
> Since this mode of travel is so common (and starships take ages to get anywhere), during this jump egocasting from place-to-place will maintain your jump continuity. From your perspective you simply close your eyes in one place, and open them in the new body, continuity of consciousness and self intact.
>Since the method of travelling via Pandora Gates is canonically unknown, they will also work on the same principle – travelling via Gate will not end your continuity of existence or self either.

>>49238356
If it successfully infects you, it changes your body, including your brain. So it's kind of "some types just fuck your mind, other types fuck both your body and mind".
>>
>>49238420
Yes, see my post >>49238318
>It works. I'd put the world self in there too somewhere, not 100% required but that's clear up the last bit of doubt on my end.

>>49238422
That turn of phrase does not mean everyone agrees with me. It means nobody will have a headache, whether they cared in the first place or not.

>>49238426
You're doing good myrm, there's only one guy who is flipping his burgers over the solution and I think he just wants to attack people/shistorm because of how hostile he is.
>>
>>49238421
Because it pisses me off you're pushing to include noncanon crap in how a setting works SOLELY BECAUSE OF YOUR WORLDVIEW. guess we should never offer demonic powers to not offend all the christians/be damned to hell huh?
>>
you know I don't think that we had these arguments over transporters in the Star Trek jumps, and it's basically the same thing. Why is this so different?
>>
>>49238447
So you're projecting unrelated, theoretical, future shitstorms about different subjects with absolutely no relation in setting or in the core foundation of the disagreement onto me, because you're pissed about EP?

You know that doesn't justify it.
>>
>>49238422
So... are you arguing that teleporters in Star Trek should kill you and end your chain then? I'm not sure why you're angry about that?
>>
>>49238426
I don't like it, but like I said it's not something obviously OP so I don't think I can convince you and it's your call in the end. More than anything I'm just pissed that he'll try to use this as precedent for putting in increasingly gamebreaking noncanon shit in future jumps
>>
>>49238460
See
>>49238456
>>49238421

For why your position is nonsense and probably just some ploy on your part.
>>
>>49238438
Ah, cool then.
I has trouble telling the Anons apart sometimes.

>>49238455
Looks like for the most part it's cleared up, but a highly aggressive voice is on the rise. If you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>49238455
Because most people had the decent to fanwank their own shit regarding that.

>>49238456
And you're not even disagreeing. You're saying f someone's an otherkin they should get to start every jump with their weird otherkin form.
>>
>>49238476
I admit I'm salty. I'm salty as hell at what this represents: Some Insecure shit being able to dictate how a fictional setting works.
>>
>>49238447
No. He's saying that a clone of yourself with your memories isn't you. It's basically oni lee's power from Worm. He's just wanting clarification that it won't end his chain. It does the exact same thing as before, there is no improvement from how you think it works (I'm assuming you don't think it ends your chain). Why are you so angry about this?
>>
>>49238481
>Weird otherkin form
Do you even know what an Otherkin is?

If you meant furries, you might want to check Body Mod again.

>>49238495
He keeps saying I'll turn everyone into furries, give myself more power, and get two Infernal Exaltations. I think it's just bait really.
>>
>>49238492
Just to be clear, I'm not sure I understand your perspective on this. Do you mind running the abridged version by me?
>>
>>49238492
so you're saying jump makers should not make notes on how things in their jumps work within the greater scheme of Jumpchain ?
>>
>>49238481
>Because most people had the decent to fanwank their own shit regarding that.
No the jump outright says it doesn't kill you.
>>
>>49238509
Admittedly I conflate the two and I'm aware of the Body Mod option, but what you're doing implies you think you don't even NEED that option to be able to fanwank how established things work if that's how you REALLY feel about your personal identity and how it relates to Jumpchain.

You're taking something most people fanwank about and making it an overriding statement over the setting.

Power comes in differnet forms. If you don't care about giving yourself more power why don't you just NOT use ego casting to get around?

>>49238511
I recognise that this change doesn't meaningfully alter the functionality of ego casting, but I unilaterally oppose it because it represents the precedent of someone pressuring a jumpmaker to retcon the fundamental functionality of a described mechanism in a setting solely because of their own opinion on identity.
>>
>>49238492
I'm kind of amazed at how enraged you are at someone being worried about the implications of continuity of consciousness meaning death of the original. Seriously. Was your dad an abusive philosophy major or something?
>>
>>49238519
Alright, I admit to missing that.

Though the killing you part isn't a big deal to me as long as it works as canon. It's still ambiguous as to how it doesn't kill you; presumably whatever molecular weirdness the transporters there do don't count as death unlike what the other anon is flipping out about.

>>49238518
No, I am saying random people shouldn't change how something in a setting works as per canon because of their own personal whims without a good justification. And identity issues aren't a good justification.
>>
>>49238536
>Fanwank
You can't fanwank in a situation where the canon is crystal clear on how it works.

>Power
Didn't you yourself say that this doesn't provide any power?

>Why don't you just not use ego casting?
Do you even know anything about this setting you're frothing at the mouth about?
>>
>>49238536
When do your classes start?
>>
>create clone of myself
>soul transfers to the clone
>my old soulless body dies
>I live on
I don't see the problem.
>>
>>49238536
Okay, I can get that. I will say I think it needs to exist as a disclaimer, not because of an opinion on Identity, but because of concerns relating to the nature of the Jumper and what counts as death within the context of the Jumpchain.

No one wants to lose the chain because they felt like taking a weekend trip.
>>
>>49236874
Posted my rough draft of the symbiote builder in the last thread >>49229621

Today's going to be busy but I'm hoping to get some work done on it today.
>>
File: Devestated.gif (690KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Devestated.gif
690KB, 500x281px
>>49238544
First, you triggered me there, as in your description is very close to some things I'd rather not have dredged up. Second, It doesn't need to be gone over again it's settled.

>>49238573
Oh shiny.
>>
>>49238544
...why do you keep accusing me of things I suspect of you? This is getting weird, man. Can you just call me a faggot or some shit?

Look. For the last time-I'm upset with you because you're using your concernsa bout the implications of continuity of consciousness to overwrite a setting's canon. I consider this absolutely abhorrent because this logically justifies any alteration of setting canon to appease an individual whim. That's the long and short of it.

>>49238554
>where the canon is crystal clear

And you don't have to use things if you don't like how they work.

I'm sick of being a broken tape recorder. I'm done.

>>49238567
Honestly I think a disclaimer is wholly reasonable too, people should know how something that affects them this fundamentally should work before choosing whether or not to make use of it.

>>49238561
Thank you, exactly.
>>
>>49238553
A jump that allows you to go to oblivion while a perfect clone takes your place as jumper is called a "trap jump" anon.

Besides, Star Trek already made this same change. Why aren't you equally salty about that?
>>
>>49238561
>create clone of myself
>implant my memories
>disintegrate myself
>clone takes my place
>>
>>49238586
>Create memory of myself
>Implant my clones
>disintegrate myself
>memories take my place
>>
>>49238580
>you?
That is someone else. You now have multiple anons speaking against you, if only for your tone.

>You don't have to use the things!
I repeat: Do you know anything about Eclipse Phase?
>>
>>49238559
False positive. He hasn't said anything shitty about Red.

>>49238586
>>49238591
Your soul knows where it belongs.
>>
>>49238586
Ah so you don't believe in souls and are just another salty athiest. Glad to know I can ignore you.
>>
Any jumps out there with an Abridged Series drawback other than Naruto and DBZ? Gotta get that sass.

>>49238592
He said he's done, anon. I wouldn't hold my breath.
>>
>>49238616
That wasn't me either. Also not how you spell atheist.
>>
>>49238608
Meh, you know he's capable of harassing other people and bringing up other bait topics like lewds or names when he really feels like it.
>>
>>49238608
>>49238616
Your soul belongs in your original body. A clone isn't a horcrux.
>>
>>49238628
I think we just have more trolls than we're willing to admit.
>>
you people know Consciousness will stop During certain parts of sleep or when you are sedated right? Also you are all arguing from The preassumption that your memories and thought patterns are not what made you you rather than a copy ,so if there's only one copy of your memorys and its Transfer'd from your body to another body on another planet why isn't that you?
>>49238608
the religions in the eclipse phase universe have different ideas about that then you.
>>
>>49238619
Isn't Araulnauts or whatever Star Wars basically an Abridged Series jump?
>>
>>49238630
In some cases it can be.
>>
>>49238619
Wasn't there something about SAO getting an Abridged drawback. The Abridged version of that is amazing.
>>
File: Most Foul.jpg (11KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
Most Foul.jpg
11KB, 248x203px
>>49238636
>the religions in the eclipse phase universe have different ideas about that then you.
>>
>>49238636
Your brain never stops activity entirely, no.

>>49238649
Isn't Tom Riddle's Journal basically a clone of his mind as a child?
>>
>>49238630
But you know your intent is to teleport yourself. So your soul knows that the new body is your body, and the thing getting disintegrated isn't. Which means it goes where it belongs.
>>
>>49238654
With a chunk of his soul in it yes.
>>
>>49238652
the thing about heresy is that unless you can talk to the local Capital G God there is no way of telling Who is right.
>>49238654
brain activity=/= consciousness, is someone in a medically induced coma who brain has been turned off who later awakens not the same person?
>>
>>49238636
The religions are objectively wrong. I have a soul. I fucking paid for it, too. I can show you the receipt if I need to.
>>
>>49238673
Tera, when people say consciousness in this scenario they don't mean being awake.
>>
>>49238673
>is someone in a medically induced coma who brain has been turned off

Not him but you do not turn off a brain. It still runs the important parts.
>>
>>49238654
I think so, don't think that the horcruxes have any connection other than keeping the main soul alive. They contain copies of his mind when he made them but I don't think they can share information.
>>49238656
Why are you assuming that the new body doesn't have it's own soul.
>>
>>49238690
Don't Horcruxes get bored sitting around in items?
>>
File: 1335682668237.jpg (186KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
1335682668237.jpg
186KB, 405x405px
>>49238673
>the thing about heresy is that unless you can talk to the local Capital G God there is no way of telling Who is right.

No
It's me
I'm right
>>
>>49238678
Take waveform anatomy so your body is your soul.

Teleport.

???.

Profit!
>>
>>49238053
Now at the end of the salt tornado.

Can we at least buy async powers even if infection during the jump is a loss?
>>
>>49238683
I know that, but in the case of egocasting everything about your consciousness is Moved to a new body, so It Is not like you stay dead.

>>49238688
yeah but not The parts of it that Do the thinking, that's the parts that make you you.
>>
>>49238695
Didn't the diary horcrux say it woke up when ginny wrote in it. Ages since I've read it.
>>
>>49238711
>everything about your consciousness is Moved to a new body,
Tera, they literally delete you once they're done. It's like a file copying.
>>
>>49238696
how Can you know that? And I stress the word know,because both sides will believe they are.
>>
...i feel like id come to a decision on how to compromise with val last night, but now its five hours later and im awake again, and i have no idea what this decision was.

shit.
>>
>>49238053
Reminder that the Jovians are right.
>>
>>49238733
Just scroll up, you can even just use cntrl + F and search for her name.
>>
>>49238711
There are different philosophies about whether and how it does though. And since these are philosophies about a piece of technology, none of which just get outright refuted by scientists, you can tell it's all just bullshit guesswork. Even if it does move your consciousness, that's not something it was designed to do and instead something that's happening basically by accident. It's like going to a medieval doctor to get leeches to suck the bad blood out of you. Even if you do get relief, it wasn't really on purpose.
>>
>>49238733
That's because we didn't come to a decision. I gave a response showing how your system didn't work which got no response, a few more posts between myself and others about the issue and then the entire argument died.
>>
File: Mechanus.jpg (86KB, 413x518px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanus.jpg
86KB, 413x518px
>>49238726
the machine spirit sings in me
>>
>>49238755
Doctors use leeches today anon. The treatment does what it was designed to do.
>>
>>49238771
>Mechanus
Sanctioned Heretics.
>>
>>49238726
Baka
>>
>>49238775
They use leaches today for different reasons than they did back then. Back then they thought you could cure the bacterial illnesses with bleeding.
>>
>>49238775
Er, not him but I think you're confusing leeches with maggots? Pretty sure if they do use leeches, it's via some sort of extract synthesised into another compound not slapping them on
>>
>>49238779
They are however the only group that got their religion sanctioned by the emperor. He basically created their religion as part of his plans.
>>
>>49238721
yeah, I'm not saying they don't I'm saying that if there's a Videogame I like and I save it to a cloud then when I get a new PC Connected to that cloud I will be able to keep playing where I left off,maybe this new PC is a upgrade that will let me enjoy it better. So why not do that with ourselves? and since what is us is maintained why not?
>>49238755
>>bullshit guesswork

basic phenomenology tells me that's Basically everything ever,so I both agree,and think it still Something that should be discussed.
>>
>>49238803
Is that some new BL shit? Because in the original lore their cult existed beforehand, and the Emperor had to roll with it because Mars could've wrecked Earth's ass at that point.
>>
>>49238818
Whichever PR guy convinced them the Emperor was the Omnissiah is the true hero, then.
>>
>>49238748
>>49238767
it was more like five minutes after i got off, i decided to do X, only now i dont remember what X is.
>>
>>49238794
>>49238800
They use them for lots of reasons today, one reason they use them is to remove excess amounts of iron build up in the bloodstream via a process amazingly similar to medieval bloodletting.

They also use them to clean clotted blood capilaries so that an injury has time to heal and regenerate from damage in veins.
>>
>>49238829
I can't wait until they can just inject leach-inspired synthetics to do that.
>>
>>49238829
Well shit. I hope I never get iron buildup or clotted capilaries before >>49238836 gets invented.
>>
File: pg2Ogjt.jpg (84KB, 900x692px) Image search: [Google]
pg2Ogjt.jpg
84KB, 900x692px
>>49238803
For good reason
>>
>>49238818
He's the one that sealed the Void dragon(or a shard of it, as far as I know mention of it being sealed was before they retconed in sharding, and they haven't mentioned anything about the void dragon being a shard or not since) on mars with the intention that it would affect humanity. He might not have made their creed but they are part of his plans.
>>
>>49238829
You knew his point though. Would you have rather he said trepaning, which was used back then for any old random shit when it's only really a good idea in cases of extreme brain swelling?
>>
>>49238840
>>49238836
I completely agree.
>>
>>49238828
Well, if you want my opinion- I don't understand why you still want to keep the canon build system when the fixes you've proposed (Paying the difference in cp, changing/lowering banned or limited things) essentially mean you need to make them with the supplement anyway. All I can see the canon build mechanic doing is making confusion and arguments when people assume that some Servants fit when they don't or making people pay more/less then they should be paying.

Hence why I'm suggesting to just get rid of the canon build system entirely and keep the rest. I'd definitely also suggest that you find alternate rewards for the scenarios however, both since it ruins the balance you'd have found and because it honestly doesn't make much sense to get a discount on something after you've spent all your cp and been in the jump, how are they even going to spend anything on that discount?
>>
>>49238865
What about the way you can't build Seibah properly?
>>
>>49238875
Include an option to exchange CP to pay for more SP for individual Servants.
>>
What is the least popular servant class?
>>
>>49238875
That's a feature. Your waifu is shit.
>>
>>49238912
Berserker.
>>
>>49238912
Least in jumpchain or in the series as a whole? Berserker for the former, Assassin for the latter.
>>
>>49238928
>Hey guys let's make the default assassin one from a set of generic archetypes I mean assassins are sneaky that fits right!?
>Oh wait oh shit this makes it really hard to write one as an interesting character!
>>
>>49238919
Which is a shame, because a Berserker with low levels of Mad Enhancement can be an awesome Servant. Everyone focuses on the high levels, though.
>>
>>49238928
>>49238919
Weird I was expecting rider or lancer considering how often cu jobs it.
>>
>>49238956
Riders and Lancers aren't forced to be gibbering madmen.

>>49238949
Don't unusually low levels of Mad Enhancement actually make your Servant retarded instead of psychotic?
>>
>>49238949
Berserker was designed to be shitty unless under Mad Enhancement, anon.
>>
>>49238956
>Cu
>Not popular
Man, you don't love that Irish goodness?

Seriously though, a lot of the most popular servants are riders or lancers. Iskandar, Medusa, Astolfo, Achilles, Cu Chulainn, Scathach, Karna. All strong, popular and pretty heroes.

Assassins are largely unknown. Sure everyone knows Kojiro, but how many can tell the individual incarnations of Hassan apart? Or know Jack as more then the creepy loli that's almost nude? Or even know Jingke exists?
>>
File: Senpai.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Senpai.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>49238956
>rider or lancer
>Iskander and Scathatch

We're just missing Medusa and you've got the best three heros in the continuity. What are you smoking
>>
>>49238939
Personally I'd like to see Odysseus or especially Heracles summoned as an Assassin. Both of them are very clever heroes, and I think they'd do well with that class.
>>
>>49238998
>Medusa
>Anything but trash
She aint even got the snake pussy, man.
>>
>>49238939
I suppose they could have done brutus as an assassin. The fate zero assassin did have an interesting story though in that his multiple body ability was based on him forcing himself to develop multiple personalities and his wish was to unite them into one person again so he'd know who he was. Which also fit his master giving what Kirei was in the war for.
>>
File: Medea.jpg (83KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
Medea.jpg
83KB, 500x642px
>>49239009
I meant Medea
I had a brain fart
>>
>>49238966
E means they're just immune to pain or act coarse. Hell, Beowulf has an E- because he never went insane, he's just associated with being berserk.

>>49238973
No, Mad Enhancement is a trap for people who don't remember that heroes are generally well-known for killing ravening monsters.
>>
>>49239009
Medusa is a good girl though, not her fault blood is so tasty.
>>
>>49238987
Hey there was a fate extra build last thread with ex riding, what could that actually do? I am working on building for my jumpers servant form and was aiming for something something seibahesque.
>>
>>49238949
Honestly you'd be best of summoning a berserker who's berserker traits actually helped them in their legend. Like Cu Cullain.
>>
>>49238998
I have only seen stay night?
>>
>>49239026
I imagine it'd let you ride dragons as well as increase the normal boost Riding gives to mounts and vehicles.
>>
>>49239026
You fuse with whatever it is you're riding, effectively assimilating it into your body. That might be banned as a BB ability, though.
>>
>>49239017
Isnt medea a caster?
>>
File: A+ Riding.jpg (77KB, 650x765px) Image search: [Google]
A+ Riding.jpg
77KB, 650x765px
>>49239026
I'm betting on silly things.
>>
File: Gorgon.jpg (42KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gorgon.jpg
42KB, 800x600px
>>49239009
Sure she does. Just gotta make her let it out. Pretty sure it's something to do with Monstrous Strength but I can't remember exactly.
>>
File: gen-urobuchi-01_3161.jpg (45KB, 275x392px) Image search: [Google]
gen-urobuchi-01_3161.jpg
45KB, 275x392px
>>49239036
Nigga
I can understand you not bothering with the VNs
But come on
Go watch Zero and do it now.

>>49239050
Hence why I said she was missing from the line up.

LETS DO IT AGAIN!

>rider or lancer
>Iskander and Scathatch

We're just missing Medea and you've got the best three heros in the continuity. What are you smoking?
>>
>>49239059
>>49239026
Better question-what happens if you take A+++ Riding and then also take an EX rank NP that increases your Riding rank?
>>
>>49239043
Hey Val, what would EX Instinct do?
>>
>>49239035
I still want to see a Holy Grail War with Servants summoned as their true classes. Berserker Cu Chullain, Archer Heracles, Saber Koujiro...
>>
>>49239017
>Saber-fag
>Best
>>
>>49238999
It's really just a problem of how the grail was set up to default to summoning a generic Hassan archetype instead of a recognizable hero. Really dumb.
>>
>>49239090
Caster Merlin, Lancer Scattach, Rider Iskander, not sure who for assassin though.
>>
File: mordred_by_kalindorf-d9cef74.png (1MB, 1024x1590px) Image search: [Google]
mordred_by_kalindorf-d9cef74.png
1MB, 1024x1590px
>>49239094
Makes me wonder if Medea would want a Mordred.
>>
File: nogod.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nogod.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>49239094
Oh god
You're not wrong

>>49239067
Val
How do I mage a good EX anti-divine?

Some anon said EX just gives you a damage multiplier but I refuse to believe that it's all you get for an EX NP
>>
>>49239073
>Zero
>Hurr I must cheat on my wife so I can betray her later!
>>
>>49239111
Didn't they say Merlin couldn't be summoned because he's still alive somehow?
>>
>>49239082
Pretty sure I've said in the past you can't take NPs that give you more skills. Stats sure but even stuff focused on that rarely gives more then one or two ranks. You can't use it to pump up your skill ranks though.

>>49239088
I imagine it becomes something like a sixth sense that's so good it's like the sharingan in how it predicts things and reducing stuff that messes with your senses to almost nothing, a tenth or so of the normal level.

>>49239120
Well, what do you want the EX to do? Anti Divine is just a target class, like Anti Unit or Anti Fortress. Having it be Anti Divine means it'll work better against, funnily enough, divine things. But you do need to decide on what you want the actual NP to be.
>>
>>49239111
We're doing a True Classes war, though. You've gotta pick a Servant who was given the wrong class, and both Iskander and Scathach had the right class.
>>
File: what.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>49239132
>>
>>49239111

Maybe like the first Hassan?
>>
>>49239132
Irisiviel is actually biologically around 10 years old. Even more messed up than you thought.
>>
>>49239156
Kiritsugu is fucking Maiya so he can 'prepare to betray Irisiviel'
>>
>>49239159
Everyone knows Cain would be the best Assassin.
>>
>>49239156
Kerry a baka. He fucked his assistant Maiya, as "practice" for betraying his wife in that the war would turn her into a grail. The silliest thing though is that Maiya is the only one that liked it, and Iri wouldn't care.
>>
>>49239159
Cain would be a particularly vicious Assassin if the threads I've read on other forums has said. Like he would have the blade that committed the first murder, so yeah it'd be more deadly to mankind than even Primate Murder but that's just supposition.
>>
>>49239140
They can summon scathach though? Isn't she still alive.
>>49239150
Ok, guess Arturia would be lancer then because of rhongomiad. Medea could be a rider because of her dragon. Medusa could going by her legend could be a berserker I suppose but Cu would be a better one. Think Medusa could be an assassin?
>>
>>49239198
With a rock np, inability to be harmed by man or beast, and a grudge against god?
>>
>>49238710
>p19...Psi Perks
Way ahead of you.
>>
>>49239219
>More deadly then primate murder
I seriously doubt it. Sounds more like the usual types of people overexaggerating. Primate Murder has the 'absolute right of murder over humanity'. It was created by Gaia solely to wipe humanity out (And then sat around for a long time? Gaia's not great at this stuff).
>>
>>49239219
Cain comitted the first murder with a rock man. Beat his brother to death in a field
>>
File: 1472083028211.jpg (185KB, 591x273px) Image search: [Google]
1472083028211.jpg
185KB, 591x273px
>>49239141
>Well, what do you want the EX to do?

I was thinking basing it of the Living Saint's Ardent Blade. It would set the god on fire, and while alight make them vulnerable to more conventional weaponry.

>>49239200
>>49239195
I don't remember all that
Man, Kiritsugu is just a fucking idiot isn't he?
>>
>>49239200
It's really just Urobuchi forcing in one of his fetishes for no real reason.

Made me hate Kiritsugu though, and I can't really follow something where I LOATHE the protagonist.
>>
>>49239219
I wonder if the Mark of Cain would come into it. Sevenfold vengeance by God ain't nothing to laugh at.

And his animal herding skills.
>>
>>49239264
An ex anti self NP I would guess. Makes damage to him rebound x7 onto the one who inflicted the damage onto him.
>>
>>49239255
Zero isn't a show with a protagonist though, it's pretty good about skipping around without dedicating the story to a single individual. Besides the best character in Zero is Waver.
>>
>>49239251
So a big flaming sword that makes people get debuffs? Honestly wouldn't say that's an EX, sounds like a B or an A at most.

>>49239195
>>49239255
>>49239251
>>49239200
No one ever said Kiri was anything but a half mad, broken idiot desperately doing anything to achieve what he sees as his redemption.

>>49239264
>>49239228
>>49239281
Gotta remember guys, things don't translate exactly from myth to Servantdom, especially when super strong. Heracles is strong, but not strong enough to hold up all the sky. Arjuna isn't shooting down suns (Was it him who did that?). Cain's not going to be perfectly invulnerable and reflect all damage 7 times over.
>>
>>49238591
>Create clone of myself
>Implant my memories
>Now neither of us will be virgins
>Clone disintegrates me in disgust
>>
>>49239281
Honestly I think he'd work best as a hero with meh stats but two EX NPs. But 1 EX rule and all that.
>>
File: PROTECT.png (688KB, 1296x1039px) Image search: [Google]
PROTECT.png
688KB, 1296x1039px
>>49239290
>broken idiot desperately doing anything to achieve what he sees as his redemption.

This is it
Right here
In this fucking smile

There's no going back after ruining that in the main timeline
>>
>>49239322
You don't want to emulate Kiritsugu. At least be a Shirou or something.
>>
>>49239286
He's still one of the main focus characters.
>>
File: e6a.jpg (39KB, 281x400px) Image search: [Google]
e6a.jpg
39KB, 281x400px
>>49239336
Prisma Kiritsugu is alright, but I don't emulate anyone that doesn't walk the thin blue line between civilisation and anarchy
>>
>>49239281
>>49239290
I like the idea of it being less "any damage you inflict on him will be reflected back at you sevenfold," and more "any damage you inflict on him will be avenged perfectly." Seven is used as a symbol of perfection in the Bible, so a metaphorical "sevenfold" where something terrible will happen to you that perfectly reflects the sin you committed by wounding him works more interestingly than a literal one.
>>
>>49239418
Still would not want to fight him then. Even if you win you lose!
>>
>>49239239
His legend crystallizes into something like that basically, but with a more narrow focus. Granted as you said it's likely people over inflating the character, but hey he's an OC so I expect that.

>>49239246
>Blade.
What the actual fuck was I... oh yeah it's a flint wheat scythe in some of the biblical tales.

>>49239264
It'd be wicked as fuck.

>>49239281
He'd still feel it through, perhaps even he'd feel seven-fold the ills that he puts out on top of that. Cause curses from God hurt you no matter how well you could game them.

>>49239290
Not saying what it would be in practice, Val, you're the one who approves of that. Everything above and below are just me talking about a completely imaginary being, not trying to kick your sandcastle or anything. Just comparing notes and such.
I'm just saying that his legend crystallizes into a few lines.
He's the First Murderer.
He killed his bother Able.
He's damned by God to wander the world until the end of time and beyond.
He bears a Mark on him that identifies him as Cain, no matter what, to any man who sees it.
As an Assassin I could see his power being a hyper-focused NP, Anti-Unit.
His Mark would be a buff for others, allowing him not to hide his stats or something.

>>49239418
Again that curse, no matter how he gamed it, would be to his detriment.
>>
I have had more time than I thought I would to work on the Scion jump this week. I should have a decent WIP up this weekend. As much as I really don't want to, I will post as ScionAnon just so there is no confusion.
>>
>>49239457
See, I am even too dumb to trip properly. Whatever. And you trust me with your gods?
>>
>>49239418
Problem I see with it is that it makes the whole purpose of the Servant system rather hard to accomplish. It was originally built to sacrifice the 7 Spirits to open a path to the route and it's a little confusing that the Grail would summon a Servant that makes that aim almost impossible.

>>49239438
I know Gauntlet, no worry or offence, I'm just reminding people on a part of the setting pretty important to Servant creation (In series) and the current discussion.. Both in the sense of legends being changed sometimes in Nasu and in that Servants are canonically summoned much weaker then the true hero, to varying degrees (How much weaker Karna is compared to Cu for instance). If I was talking about how it relates to the Supplement, I'd mention it.
>>
>>49239466
Hell val everyone knows that if cain did get summoned in fate it would be a woman with hige stonkin tits and seibahface. Most people know it isn't a 1 to 1 conversion of the myth.

So tired of seibahface...
>>
>>49239457
>>49239464
Let's try this again. Also, to assuage some concerns brought up, Scion will be limited to Demigod level in jump, with jumpers starting at Hero and the ability to buy Demigod at capstone pricing.
>>
An idiot decided to re-upload all the jumps to the drive. . . again.
>>
>>49239490
Do we have anyway of banning said person from the drive?
>>
>>49239290
>So a big flaming sword that makes people get debuffs? Honestly wouldn't say that's an EX, sounds like a B or an A at most.

I want a bit more that that.
I saw something a while a god where a god was made to feel mortal. The experience basically gave him PTSD.

So give a god the curse of mortality on a strike? Something like that?
>>
>>49239509
Is that a serious question?
>>
>>49239490
The dumb part is they leave their email when they do it. Just type their email into all the spam and porn feeds to can to make them angry.
>>
>>49239515
So something like dragonrend from Skyrim?
>>
>>49239522
Kind of. This has happened like 3 times already. I know we can't permanently ban someone because they would just make another account or something, but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>49239457
Yay!

>49239464
Pic Related.

>>49239466
Ah that's all cool then. Also take a look at these, would they meet your approval? These were the one's I saw whilst casually hitting up google.

Cain's Scythe - Reaper of the Field
Type:Anti-Unit
Range: 1
Max Targets: 1
Quote:
Cain's tool of choice when working the fields. It looks like an average scythe, however any injury that any enemy sustains will not heal until either Cain is dead or the scythe has been destroyed. This is a funtion of the scythe being the first tool for murder and thus anything with Death Lines is a viable target that it can kill.

Cain's Mark - The Curse of God
Type:Anti-Unit
Range: Personal
Max Targets: 1
Quote:
The mark that God branded upon Cain after killing his brother. It lets all who see know that Cain has been abandoned by god, but still protected. It activates whenever Cain is injured. Any injury Cain sustains is payed back sevenfold upon the attacker, be it a scratch or Cain been killed. However this only stores the wound, so killing Cain instantly can keep Cain from visiting 'seven-fold death' upon his killer.
>>
>>49239489
Could you have something related to God-Tier that is locked until Post-Spark? If you aren't going to include it regularly?
>>
>>49239490
Honestly it looks like someone wrote a script to dump jumps from thread into the drive, because they did them in order from some threads back rather than just uploading jumps that were already on the drive. Besides the fact that there are several jumps there that have multiple versions due to coming out recently and being updated multiple times.
>>
>>49239533
That's must have been what I was thinking of.
>>
>>49239515

I don't think Servants are close enough to the level of Gods to have a NP that kills immortality.
>>
>>49239564
Temporarily I should add
And it is an EX after all
>>
>>49239564
In extra there are servants that are gods though.
>>
>>49239533
Does dragonrend actually make dragons mortal or does it just traumatise them with the concept?
>>
>>49239575
Pretty sure its the latter which then allows the dragonborn to kill them absorbing their soul (which is a dragonborn thing not a dragonrend thing.)
>>
>>49239545
As it works right now, if your Legend gets high enough in jump to become a God, and you do, then you are stuck there forever because you are too tied to the metaphysics of the world. Post-Spark you can hit the equivalent of Legend 12 and hit God tier. Now, I do currently have a 1000 point perk called Avatar that lets you act as if you are Legend 12 (thus giving you access to max level boons and epic attributes of your parent) for 2 or 3 minutes a day. It leaves you completely busted up for a few days and the strain might kill you, but I thought it was a nice balance between OP and ridiculous. If /jc/ ends up absolutely hating it, it will get taken out.
>>
>>49239538
Personally I'd handle his status as the first murderer as less being able to kill anything and more being based on the ability to impose the concept of death on something (guy literally invented murder after all). Not sure how to present that in a reasonable manner though.
>>
>>49239545
Seconded. We have a couple of Post-Spark Purchases like ATLA Reincarnation, so a useless fluff perk for Godhood has precedent.
>>
>>49239575
I would expect it just traumatizes them with the concept, but it was a lost shout, and it's not like any dragon was canonically killed while it was used against them other than by the PC of the game, who eats their souls anyway.
>>
>>49239596
Doesn't seem worth 1k if you are busted up for days after and couldkill you. Maybe 800 with a discount option but not 1k.
>>
>>49239515
Hmm. Something like removing or severely reducing a God's Divinity Ranks/equivalent stuff and thus their related abilities? Yeah, that's sounding more like a proper EX, especially focused on Divine stuff.

So...let's say something like this. Flaming sword, however you want to style it, and when it strikes a divine being it sets them alight. Long as that fire burns, and it should probably do so unnaturally long and be hard to put out (Amaterasu from Naruto as an example perhaps, though probably only a few minutes per hit in duration), that divine being loses or takes a massive debuff to all divine powers as well as counts as a non divine/mortal being for the duration (Though they still have any powers and abilities not linked to their divine nature).

As for how strong until you start see it turn into a debuff...let's say something like Amaterasu or Poseidon in Fate would lose all divinity and related powers (Probably making them just mortals from what I understand) while the higher you go beyond that the less the effect works. Trying it on something like Alaya might only let you reduce their powers by 30% or so (Which is still massive considering how strong they are). Anything beyond that probably won't be too hurt, but considering that's around planet busting, you've probably got other issues. Oh and it's probably a super awesome sword too. Sharp, never dulling, looks badass, the works.

What do you think? Too little, too much?

>>49239538
First one seems fine. If anything I'd say it needs a little something extra since 'not healing til the user is dead or weapon is destroyed' is a really common effect. If that's all it has I'd bump it down to D rank.

For A rank? Hell the fuck no. Almost all fights being sure wins for him unless they manage to one shot him is way too strong, even if they know the flaw to the ability. Without some other flaw or condition, I'd say it's too much even for EX.
>>
>>49239596
That is perfect. I feel like this is going to be a good jump.
>>
>>49239635
Keep in mind a legend 12 god can casually toss battleships with a strength parent as a good baseline example.
>>
>>49239605
Ex np that makes X mortal? Where x is whatever he hits with it? That rock is now mortal and will die in 50000 years. Yep. Either useless or op depending on the target. Heh I like it.
>>
>>49239652
Strength isn't the best measure of how powerful gods are in the setting. Use examples from some of the magic/supernatural powers or the avatar stuff.
>>
>>49239635
IIRC Epic Boons are absolute effects that can only be countered by other Epic Boons.
>>
>>49239652
So? Not trying to make intra jump balance here but big deal, we already have really good strength boost perks.
>>
...so I heard you like embroidery, mother fucker.
>>
>>49239665
>>49239635
Good point. Let's put it this way an Avatar of the Sun (Legend 12 sun god) can pop a power that lets him be seen as bright light from anywhere on the same plane and casually sun burn Titans (of the ancient Greek variety)
>>
>>49239674
He's being stupid about his examples. Epic stuff there comes closer to low-mid Exalted, not just really strong guys. Perfect effects included.
>>
>>49239693
No need to call me stupid. I just used it as an example because everytime I see a power argument in the threads it is about super strength and how broken throwing battleships is. I was trying to play into the culture here. Sorry for using a poor example, but I tried. I used the Sun one as a better example.
>>
>>49239635
I'm thinking the reverse, because as I recall hitting that level basically says "you can do fucking anything." I might be confusing it, though.
>>
>>49239710
It's okay, I was too harsh. I'm sorry for that.
>>
>>49239712
It gets pretty close depending on the Boon. I just wanted something. Still working on it thought. Focusing on the meat of things before the bonus perk.
>>
>>49239691
That is more impressive and I withdraw my previous statement of price.

>>49239676
Aww fuck now I have to learn needlepoint.
>>
>>49239564
Harpe could do that I think, as it explicitly is one of those 'Enforces Mortality on Subject' kind of things. It's ts trait of Refraction of Longevity (屈折延命), which is a divine ability that nullifies the "undying attribute" of immortals and inflicts wounds that cannot be restored by any methods other than healing in accordance to the natural laws. It's in the Gate of Babylon if you want it.

>>49239605
The above might be it.

>>49239596
Cool!

>>49239641
Understandable.

>>49239676
Oh, is there a soft-cap perk hidden in here I wonder. Otherwise, interesting vacation jump you have there.
>>
>>49239641
>What do you think? Too little, too much?

Nah Val, I dig it
So do you want the blood of my second born now too?
>>
>>49239676
>Old Ways
Dunno man, that seems both meta and way too involved with other jumps.
>>
>>49239791
Nah, on a diet. No seconds for me anymore.

>>49239676
Most of the jump looks fantastic, love the image work too. Have to agree that Old Ways isn't great, especially since some jumps have 'starting ages' of thousands or even millions/billions of years. Doesn't really fit well either, jars a bit with the rest of the jump to suddenly have this one based on interacting with other jumps mechanics. Maybe just have it give you a lot of various skills within this one jump and have you mostly remember them, rather then a scaling number in other jumps?
>>
>>49239725
Will the goofy Axis + Allies Pantheon be choices? And a WW2 Era Drawback?
>>
>>49239867
*Allied & Yankee Pantheons
>>
>>49239676
>Grown Together [600 cp]
Now I have to take this. So that Yuno and my character can finally start that character arc where he stops his stupidity. Funny how it'll be something like this that is a turning point but it also makes sense.
>>
>>49239867
I was not going to, but I will consider it. Actually, a WW2 drawback could be neat. Hmm. The other 'DLC' pantheons are in though, Yazata and Tuatha and whatnot. There is a drop-in background for importing a pantheon.
>>
How come there's no option to import companions as drop-in in Soul Eater?
>>
>>49239780
Sorry, I didn't intend anything to be a cap remover?
Are you referring to The First Is Always The Hardest, which makes your previous accomplishments seem easier to surpass (doesn't remove any limit on your ability), or Hard Work Is Its Own Reward which also doesn't remove a limit, it just lets you train a physical attribute (like strength) at the same time as a skill (like archery).

>>49239792
>>49239854
Fair call, shall re-write.

>>49239885
Hope it's okay, I had a lot of trouble trying to word it so it didn't mind-control one partner or the other while still doing something.

To be honest I'm posting this jump so I can get it out of my WIP list and I can't do any more polishing without feedback.
>>
>>49239676
Cool. I agree with the already said problem with Old Ways. Not sure how to fix that.
Still an lovely Jump.
>>
>>49239676
I like the undiscounted perks. For the extended family can we import companions as siblings?
Can we buy the twin companion more than once?
>>49239792
>>49239854
I'd assume that it's just mundane skills you can gain and given the thousand year examples you'd usually pick them up anyway unless your backstory stubbornly refused to learn anything. If people really think it needs to change maybe change it to a learning boost the older the knowledge your learning is?
>>
>>49239676
>Eye for Detail
Okay, that's actually pretty neat, especially for a free perk.
>>
>>49239909
Could you include a drawback or Scenario where you have to prevent the fall of Atlantis, that lets you descend from one of their gods?
>>
>>49239944
Missed the multiples of companions thing so ignore the twin question. Good jump.
>>
>>49239676
This is an interesting looking jump. From what i know of the setting it seems perfect to grow old and do embroidery in. Kudos.
>>
>>49239959
I will consider it. The Atlantis Pantheon is pretty neat and I am looking for more drawbacks. You all who have played the game are going to 'love' the Fated drawback. I am sure you remember how annoying Fate could be with high enough Legend. I made a drawback for it.
>>
>>49239927
>Sorry, I didn't intend anything to be a cap remover?
First, why not? Second it was the former, and now that you've explained it it doesn't function like I thought it did. Basically I thought it was set up so that no matter what you've previously accomplished you can overcome it with work, which would be a soft-cap.

>Hope it's okay
It's a solid way for someone to get to know the other person, no matter what. I personally don't see anything mind-control about it, but you'll have others to tell you if the wording is off.

>On Old Ways
I have no advice for this.

>Dat Spoiler
Don't I understand that! Just keep doing you man, it looks fabulous I must say if nothing else.

>>49239946
I agree.
>>
>>49239997
Maybe a Drawback that forces you to confirm to your parents identity and myth, reducing your versatility and causing you to experience the same crap they had to go through? One that creates a rival Band Of Scions like Kane's goons from the books would be fun. And an absentee parent Drawback where they have abandoned you to fend yourself would be neat.
>>
>>49240099
Don't worry, I have a drawback for the Shinsengumi. Just so we can all enjoy kicking Kane and his friend's asses. Good ideas though. I will keep them in mind. I have a drawback for Ragnarok as well. That is the big one.
>>
File: blank9.jpg (48KB, 383x420px) Image search: [Google]
blank9.jpg
48KB, 383x420px
>>49239676

Drawback: ...yes. Yes, I do, Marriage Proposals, Trouble with the Russians (1500)

Rolled somwhere on the vast plains

Traveler, age 24

Eye for Detail (Free)
Warrior Blood (Free)
Journeyman (Free)
Falconry (1300)
Embroidery (900)
Negotiatior (700)
Through Deeds Not Words (600)
Knockout Kiss (500)
Period Wear (Free)
A Fine Horse (Free)
An Abacus (Free)
An Eagle (300)
Bottle of Rose Oil (200)
Naans (100)
Best Way To The Heart (0)

Why yes, I LOVE embroidery! For you see, I've been trying to teach myself how to craft Fate, with an innately inferior quality of Essence manipulation relative to Solars and Sidereals, under someone I tutored once's tutellage. And both Fair Eyes and I have been stymed hard by a) the fact that Fate doesn't really exist outside Exalted, so I've had to try and make synthetic Fate from Gossamer and b) the many, many anti-Fate perks I have mean that for me trying to manipulate Fate is like trying to catch squid with my bear hands.

But finally, there's hope!

Anyway, I can't be having with all these suitors who aren't primordial flame entities flocking around me, so it's time to fire up the Goatmobile and start a space-faring goat business. You see, I've miniaturised and dimensionally folded my Asgardian-Hell goat-powered spaceship designs to the point where they're indistuishable from a chariot pulled my goats to mortal men. I'm sure I can make a killing here selling goats that can tow you anywhere.

Might as well throw all these badly-knitted fate-snarls at at all those angry boyars like hyperdimensional beer pong, just straight up ricochetting misfortune on their control over the working classes. After all, you know what they say about Communism: It's a party
>>
>>49239676
>Grape tree
OBJECTION!
Grapes do not grow on trees. They grow on vines. Hence: hearing something through the grapevine.

And now grape doesn't look like a word.
>>
>>49240161
>and now grape doesn't look like a word
I have the problem with saying some words out loud. It doesn't sound like a real word.
>>
>>49240126
Uh, dude? You have 400cp of drawbacks, not 500.
>>
>>49239676
>19th century
>Central Asia
Holy shit. A manga set in the Great Game period? Nobody even remembers that happened anymore! How did I miss that.

>Reads

I love this. Thank you so much.

>Russians are getting a bit colonial
>Implying Russia and Britain didn't both stir shit in the lands
>>
>>49239944
>companions as siblings
Sure, they're part of your family.

>>49240006
Huh...Well I need to do something about it.
I'm not sure if I should leave The First Is Always Hardest as is, swap it for Embroidery (making it 400cp) and actually leave it as it reads being a soft cap remover, or nerf it a bit and keep it at 200cp.

>>49240161
I know, but it's what they say in the manga so I left it...

>>49240211
He's implying he also took the SO I HEARD YOU LIKE EMBROIDERY... drawback as well.

>>49240231
Unfortunately the British don't get any limelight in the manga so I had to run with what I had.
>>
>>49240267
Objection withdrawn.
>>
>>49239676
Best way to the Heart is OP. Nerf plz.
>>
>>49240267
Makes it a bit too good compared to the rest of the 400cp stuff if it's basically Soft Cap doesn't it?
>>
>>49240267
I support swapping it for Embroidery. Embroidery is useful but not really 400 CP worth of useful, while I'd definitely pay 400 for First Time.

Does it work for sexy times?
>>
>>49240267
Eh, as is I'd put it at the 400 point level in most, but at the low level this Jump is... 400 - 600 would look better. If you change the wording a bit to remove the 'soft-cap' of it then it'll stay a solid 200, but it'd be a top two 400 or very good 600. I'll support swapping though, as >>49240330 said.

>>49240330
<Dat Spoiler.
(_---__---_)
>>
>>49240304
It's not, though. It says match, not improve on - so it means you get better at doing things you already can do, not that you can do new things.
>>
>>49240363
...that's what soft cap is though?
>>
>>49240370
Not really? This makes it easier to lift 100 tons, but doesn't left you lift 101.
>>
>>49240299
It's 1am here and I can't tell if you're being sarcastic - do you actually want me to nerf it?
>>
>>49240384
So it's semi soft cap. It still seems significantly better then most of the capstones.
>>
>>49239676
Since I'm taking the elder background, can the Marriage Proposals drawback be changed so that I am fending off very unwanted suitors from my children? Maybe with the idea that I have to try and not piss everyone off by rejecting the offers?

I just find the idea of parents trying to engage their son to an near sixty year old married women a but too much.
>>
>>49239676
For reference, what would be some examples of unmanly activity?
Specifically, would calligraphy or cooking be such?
>>
>>49240391
I'm joking. It's just a super awesome perk that I'm absolutely taking.
>>
>Mark of Cain: The Everlasting Scars of Sin
>Type: Anti-Unit, Rank: A++ rank
>Effects: The Mark of God is the divine mark that was branded upon Cain's flesh by God following the murder of his brother Abel. The mark manifests upon Cain's body as a scar in the center of his forehead. He is unable to conceal this mark, whose glow is visible to the eyes of all humans even when it is concealed by cloth or armor. Any who see this mark know immediately the identity of its bearer, that the person is the Biblical Cain, and instinctually understand that harming this person is sinful. The Mark of Cain is an incredibly powerful defensive Noble Phantasm which "perfectly reflects" all attacks back upon the attacker. Unlike the Biblical wording this does not manifest as a sevenfold reflection of damage; rather, all attacks made upon Cain are perfectly guarded and countered such that attacking him using conventional means simply results in damage for the attacker. It is a manipulation of causality, transforming the effect into "the attack damages the attacker." However, as Servant Assassin is merely a duplicate of the true Cain, his Mark is somewhat imperfect. In function the Mark of Cain repulses all attacks of A-rank and below, meaning that very powerful attacks could at least partially break through Cain's reflection of damage.

How does this look?
>>
>>49240394
It's not even semi-softcap. It's "you have an easier time matching your best efforts," nothing more. That's good, but it doesn't innately add any new capabilities, since you're always theoretically capable of doing your best.
>>
Does using Power Combinations lock off the original abilities used to make the combo power?
>>
>>49240126
...what's the knockout kiss perk even good for in the hands of one such as you? Defusing companions? Incapacitating charisma smitten mortals?
>>
File: blank15.jpg (12KB, 292x165px) Image search: [Google]
blank15.jpg
12KB, 292x165px
>>49240548
Yes.

>>49240463
I'm guessing everything under the Bride discounted-only perks and anything incompatible with the Groom discounted-only perks.
>>
>>49239676
>Knockout kiss
>Unrequited love
Wait, how does that work? They love me, I don't love them, yet am still kissing them?
>>
>>49240679
Jumper soap operas are a hell of a drug.
>>
>>49238865
i had most of that argument at two in the morning, so, sure. being dead ass tired probably didnt help.

the discount would apply before hand? and it is limited to certain servants, so it may not be useful if you want one particular servant - a hangover of the gatcha never giving you what you want, i guess.

>>49238875
by 50 sp. just drop one stat/skill by one rank and youre golden.
>>
File: 1471883649490.gif (2MB, 350x198px) Image search: [Google]
1471883649490.gif
2MB, 350x198px
>>49240394
If you don't have to waste so much energy and effort matching your best efforts, you have all that energy to spend trying to beat your previous best.
>>
>>49240668
You stealth harem jumper you. Try to deny it all you can but your love hangups say otherwise. That and the tentacles.
>>
>>49240679
It means that the perk only works if you kiss someone who is in love with you but you are not in love with.
>>
>>49240741
And I am kissing them, why?
>>
>>49240754
Dunno, it seems like a rather pointless perk to me.
>>
File: Blank21.jpg (21KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
Blank21.jpg
21KB, 300x415px
>>49240679
Exactly! See, that's the beauty of it-while they're swooning from the kiss you have a perfect opportunity to flee and put as many rooms, miles, lightyears or dimensions as you need between them and you!

>>49240754
Because you need to incapacitate them long enough to never see them again, of course. Or bring them to their senses.

Or because you need to save your life in one very, VERY specific scenario in Exalted in which you are probably about to die soon anyway.

>>49240727
You can't prove my schrodingers' tentacles exist! They exist in a state of quantum isolation, meaning on average they don't exist if I don't want them to! And my wife's divorced! No, I'm NOT still so hung up on that I've made a certain Steven Universe song my ringtone!
>>
File: h022 (2).jpg (266KB, 869x1272px) Image search: [Google]
h022 (2).jpg
266KB, 869x1272px
I gotta sleep. Next version up in six hours, maybe.

>>49240395
That certainly seems appropriate.

>>49240463
This >>49240668 is correct.
Cooking, cleaning, sewing, baby care, interior decorating without being nagged by your wife, that kind of thing.

>>49240679
Basically, if someone is in love with you, and you haven't yet returned their affections, they swoon when you give them their first kiss. You know, like the first time the guy kisses the girl, she faints or something? It sounded better in my head.
Probably the "love 'em and leave 'em" type jumpers will get more mileage out of it.
>>
>>49240811
That girl's a cute. If he doesn't love her, then that boy needs to get his eyes checked.
>>
>>49240793
What am I going to tell you?
You're better off not knowing the trouble I'm in,
I don't want you to worry about what I've just seen,
About where I've just been
You don't have to be a part of this
I don't think I want you to be
You don't need this
You don't need me

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vGnWzdDAXu0
>>
>>49240832
spoilers it's true love
>>
>>49240811
Maybe cut the unrequited love aspect, and just make it turn you into the God-Emperor of Kisskind?
>>
>>49240793
>a certain Steven Universe song my ringtone

ASA, you gotta move past this. I mean, I got dumped by my awoo.

And the majority of my companions.

BUT HEY! Plenty of fish in the infinite worlds beyond, right? And if I can cope, so can you! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drown my sorrows with drunk science and cook for 8 even though only two of us even eat.

I keep drawing parallels to late Jumpers and Immortal Defense. The resemblance is uncanny.
>>
>>49240811
...And no future kiss I'll ever give them will compare. Nope, thank you very much.

Not leaving anyone.

>>49240832
He IS twelve.
>>
>>49240793
>>49240854
Oh are we guessing the phone song.
Here's mine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ussqi3nagrQ
>>
>>49240793
>>49240921
Pretty sure Gaunlet nailed it.
>>
>>49240793
Ah, but it's over, isn't it?
>>
>>49240945
I take no pride in know a broken heart as well as I do.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1155x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1155x1280px
So, Who here decided to investigate or achieve Bond Phenomenom
>>
>>49241026
He still lost.
>>
>>49241026
Pick up Aura and Champ in the Making and you should figure it out pretty quickly.
>>
>>49241026
>>49241048
DON'T REMIND ME. THE SALT STILL FLOWS OVER THAT.
>>
>>49241090
He will never, ever win. I don't understand why you thought differently.
>>
>>49240963
Wow that sounds pathetic.
>>
>>49241090
He cant win, it's the price of his unaging immortality.
>>
>>49241026
Gay as fuck.
Yes, even if it's straight it's gay as fuck.

Man, I hope the Sun and Moon anime is comfy. The female protag is cute and I just want some island shenanigans
>>
>>49241048
The worst part is it's still the farthest he's ever gotten but nobody realizes that.

He got to the FINALS this time.

Which puts him in seventh place out of possibly /millions/ of trainers in Kalos in terms of skill, behind only Alain, the E4, and Diantha.

Also anyone who thinks Ash is the Worst Trainer Ever fails to realize two things: that unlike the game protags he doesn't have an extradimensional save-scumming god helping him, and that he's always in at least the top 20 out of thousands or millions of people DESPITE making rookie mistakes repeatedly.

Plus the last time he took strong Pokemon with him to the next region, Misty chewed him out for it. See early Johto when he still had Charizard around and used it against a Chikorita.
>>
>>49241208
Wait, excuse me what? The Charizard part...

Is that why Ash does what he does in each region?
>>
>>49241208
Yea but for some reason even Pikachu resets in strength or just jobs for no good reason.
>>
File: imout.gif (2MB, 449x266px) Image search: [Google]
imout.gif
2MB, 449x266px
>>49241208
>Misty chewed him out for it.
Why wouldn't you bring your veterans with you to wreck new regions?
>>
>>49241231
That's literally just the writers, there's no real in-universe excuse.

>>49241228
1000 Pokebucks says yes.
>>
>>49241208
I never had to save-scum against anything but Legendaries. Git gud.
>>
>>49241241
Maybe Misty got rekt hard in Dark Souls once
>>
>>49241114
This is why I don't watch that show.
>>
>>49241026
I do wonder, did anyone include this in their chains?
>>
>>49241208
>Save scum
>Against trainers
Bitch please. Only times I've ever had to save scum is when I'm trying to catch Legendaries.

FUCKING KYUREM, I SWEAR TO ARCEUS.
>>
>>49241241
From what I remember, it was because she that being a faggot and crushing new trainers with high level Pokemon was mean.
Personally, I would (and did) use mostly new Pokemon in each region's gyms then bring out the A-Team for the tournament.
>>
>>49241280
Remember that one time Ash brought out his Charizard in Sinnoh league?
>>
>>49241295
And Heracross, and Sceptile at least.

And then he fought two Legendaries and knocked out Darkrai before Latios took out Sceptile.
>>
>>49241026
>>49241269

I would, if I could achieve it without Mental Bond. Ash didn't have it... But I doubt he has Champ in the Making either so if a jumper tries really really hard
>>
File: 1470932567640.gif (653KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1470932567640.gif
653KB, 500x277px
>>49241280
Well it is rather unsportsmanlike.
>>
>>49241208
>he doesn't have an extradimensional save-scumming god

He's been a teenager for almost 20 years. I think he does have one.
>>
Anyway, where to next /JC?
>>
>>49241543
That would explain so much and yet so little.

>>49241721
Warcraft 3.
>>
>door door fruit
why do I get the feeling this would be insanely powerful in a jumpers hands?
>>
>>49242052
>EVERYTHING IS DOOR
>WAREHOUSE DOOR ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
>FIT ANYTHING INTO WAREHOUSE
>>
Warcraft 3 Jump 085:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Ire of the Lich King [+300]
Archimonde's Wrath [+300]
Origin: Drop-In
Race: High Elf
Perks:
Energy Resistance [Free]
Cellular Regeneration [-100]
Siphon Energy [-150]
Spirit Link [-300]
Summon Phoenix [-300]
Starfall [-600]
Items:
Moonstone [-50]
Belt of Giants [-100]

>>49242052
Well... Seeing as it's best power is Air Door which allowed Blueno to make a door in the atmosphere to an alternate dimension where he can hide and move undetected. In the fight against Luffy, he used it to temporarily rest after getting injured by Luffy. Yes, yes it would be. It would rank up there with the More More Fruit, though the later is non-canon and frankly ridiculous in its applications.
>>
>>49242052
discount doormaker.
>>
>>49239676
So is Knockout Kiss only for unrequited love or for regular love as well.
>>
>>49242052
Life has many doors, Ed boy
>>
>>49242382
Death is but a door, time is but a window.

Rolf will be back, Ed boys.
>>
>>49241378
It is a bit unsportsmanlike to bully new trainers, yes.
But come League time, all gloves are off. Git gud or lose trying.
>>
>>49239676
Otoyomegatari (Bride Stories)
> Age: 20
> Location: Shore of the Aral Sea [Rolled5]
> Culture: Foreigner, English
> Background: Traveler
> Eye For Detail [Get a Freebie!]
> Everywhere Has Their Own Way [Get a Freebie!]
> Journeyman [Get a Freebie!]
> Scribe [-100CP]
> Calculator [-300CP]
> Proper Use Of The Animal Husbandry Skill [-100CP]
> Embroidery [-400CP]
> Best Way To The Heart [-100CP]
> Window to the Soul [-100CP]
> Strong Constitution [-100CP]
> Attired Appropriately (DX) [-200CP]
> Period Wear [Get a Freebie!]
> Traveler’s Satchel [Get a Freebie!]
> Barter Goods [-50CP]
> Tapestries [-50CP]
> Remedies [-100CP]
> An Abacus [Get a Freebie!]
> Guide [Get a Freebie!]
> SO I HEARD YOU LIKE EMBROIDERY [+100CP]
> Trouble With The Russians [+200CP]
> Engagement Difficulties [+300CP]

Y'know, I was a Red Mage in 8-Bit Theater.
Did you know embroidery can act as a substitute for the surgical skill?! It's true! Sewing wounds, sewing designs, they're practically the same!

And don't even get me STARTED on the myriad uses of Animal Husbandry!
Really, don't. I'm still trying to block out some things.
Damn these eidetic memory perks!!

Anyway, I'll [scan all these barter goods into the pixelator and] become a traveling doctor/mathamancer/embroidery enthusiast!
Nothing can go wrong!
Except that time I had to kill forty Russians with a knife, that put everyone off.
And also people don't like when I stitch flowers in their skin.
Philistines!
>>
>>49242616
>Really, don't. I'm still trying to block out some things.
I really don't want to laugh but I can't help but picturing you acting as the solemnizer, officiating a wedding ceremony between a bull and a heifer.
>>
I PENDULUM SUMMON MY EGYPTIAN JUMPMAKER, DEVILSURVIVORANON!
>>
>>49242662
What the fuck is a pendulum summon?
>>
>>49242709
The most broken thing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs08XuC62LU
>>
>>49242709
The latest stupid new card type for Yugioh. Mostly notable because they just don't die when killed most of the time. Instead they go to the extra deck to be resummoned next turn unless your setup is disrupted. And even then it takes two cards max to get it back in operation. Those cards are also pendulum monsters.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 1185x95px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 1185x95px
>>49242809
>>49242736
>>
>>49242834
It's good for summoning Pendulum Jumpmakers like DeSuAnon because this way they won't die and we can keep resummoning them everyday to ask for rulings of update on the jumps they are making.

Another Pendulum Jumpmaker would be HeavensAnon, Gaunlet is one too.
>>
>>49242834
To be fair Synchros were already busted

Pendulums only accelerate the bustedness of other special summon types
>>
>>49242916
At least they don't go to the extra deck after use for XYZ materials.
>>
>>49242662
What is with people summoning me all the time lately?! How am I supposed to run Atziluth if people keep summoning me every bloody day?!

Nah, I kid, what's up?
>>
>>49243019
Can we do that thing Devil Tamers did where they summoned separate demon parties on field?

I assume it basically has us set a demon as leader and that's it.

For the FATE system? The issue here is that you technically said that yes, we can use it to fuse people or companions... But that totally goes against FATE system idea of unlocking fusions, in a way. Kind of. That was my main issue originally. I mean, I recall you saying we could fuse Emperor with a Mitaka to heal him, but wouldn't Emps be locked? Similarly you said this doesn't create a new demon but we can technically summon companions and stuff for a merged being that didn't exist before. One ruling contradicts the other

If we pimp up Earth's defenses so much that the whole planet is protected against Void and they can just drop kick Administrators left and right, I assume lesser amount of Regressions would be necessary, and all.

Although you did say that if we beat Errai Rising we don't even need to create new world because Admins will be like "Fuck this shit, I'm out". Is that right?

And holy shit, despite how easy battle against Factors is if you took down Fusion level limit, I adored special menu for Cracked Factors and them actually DOING stuff in battle.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 8.png (78KB, 760x646px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 8.png
78KB, 760x646px
>>49243019
The cards seem to reliably pull you so I guess it's that.

Also this thread is third to last on the catalog, what're we gonna call the next one?
>>
>>49243019
How's work on DDS part 2?

How does King of bel stack up against that girl from DDS
>>
>>49243115
Pendulum Jumpmaker edition
>>
>>49242660
I'd like to tell a funny story about it, but it's actually a reference to 8-Bit Theater itself.
I recently finished rereading it, and the things I said were actual things that the character Red Mage did. Ie, substituting embroidery for surgical skill, using animal husbandry to accomplish horrible abominations unto god.
I took the Plotbound drawback, so I was there for all that shit. Some of it was... it was pretty bad.
>>
>>49243140
Alrighty.

>>49243156
>Plotbound = Being near Black Mage. " Some of it was... it was pretty bad."
Understatement.
>>
>>49243109
I confess, I've never played Devil Tamers. That being said, DeSu 1 Black Frost and Lucifer can command other demons, as can DeSu 2 Alice, Belial, and Nebiros, as long as they're taken as companions. I'll look into this idea, but for now I'd say they're the only demons that can do that.

Not necessarily. Think of it like this: in SMT 1, the Chaos Hero was able to fuse with a demon, even though you didn't unlock him. Now, obviously, DeSu fusion is different, and in this case, the Chaos Hero's original personality would have been completely erased, but the point still stands. You haven't unlocked the demon, but you have the demon, so you can fuse them. Keep in mind, FATE is not the primary provider of demon fusions. It only provides around thirty, which isn't all that much. Most demons are unlocked through combat or just leveling up enough to fuse them. The Emperor would be locked for fusing him with other demons, but in this case you have the Emperor, so you can fuse him with a Mitaka. Continuing on, it does not create unique demons, only summoning them, and fusing the two Lucifers, for example, would only be bringing two aspects of a much larger being together. It's like a puzzle, and if you had all the pieces you would have the full Lucifer.

Oh, most assuredly.

Yes. Seeing you beat Polaris, Arcturus (remember, he shows up in the week "before" Errai in this scenario), possibly Betelgeuse, Canopus, and Errai, the other Administrators simply decide they're better off leaving Earth alone. Though you may want to Regress to fix any damage done.

Oh yeah, that was lots of fun. Rest assured though, the fight with Errai's Factors will not be as easy.

>>49243124
It's going. I'm going to get some free time soon, so I'll hopefully be able to work on it more unless something comes up.

What do you mean? If you're talking about which one is better with communicating with and commanding demons, then Bel, of course.
>>
File: konata-cry.gif (183KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
konata-cry.gif
183KB, 480x270px
>>49243213
> Understatement.
Yeah...
Thread posts: 598
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.