[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/exg/ - Exalted General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 49

File: image.jpg (74KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 600x668px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Martial arts edition! What's your favorite style and why? What 2e style are you looking forward to seeing getting a 3e version?
>>
Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style!
Battle raps! Synergy with Presence and Performance! Dance Battles!
Free Artifact Weapon!
FREE
R
E
E
>>
So, I'm working on a group of antagonists for my campaign; a band of Dragonblooded that are in training to become part of the Wyld Hunt. However, one of the apprentices is a close relative of the Mouth of Peace, and even though the Mouth of Peace is supposed to cut her ties to her past, she knows her relative is a good person and is concerned about her safety. So, she called in a favor to bring her and her circle the best mentor they could have: a very old, retired Water aspect that came out of retirement to teach them.

Now, I'm not 100% certain what the Immaculates consider acceptable when it comes to worship of the Dragonblooded, so I thought I'd bring my idea here. My idea was that this guy was actually one of the best in his field, knew everything there was to know about anathema and how to deal with them. After saving a couple smaller island chains from some rather nasty lunars (cause he was in his prime before the Solars returned), people were so awestruck by this guy that they started worshiping him. They built statues of him, prayed to him, villainized the anathema and praised him as "The Black Dragon of the West" or some similar sounding title. After one incident shook his resolve, however, he returned to the Blessed Isle and retired as a hermit, willingly choosing not to grab any anti-aging drugs so that he would eventually grow old and die. After the return of the Solars and the Mouth of Peace called him in to train her relative's circle, however, he decided he couldn't quite let himself renter the cycle of reincarnation yet, and came out of retirement. My plan is for the PCs and even his own students to come across statues, legends, and stories of the great "Black Dragon of the West", but no one realizes it's him because that was hundreds of years ago and now he's old and looks different than the statues and legends describe him.

Is this something that's plausible? Or would the Immaculate Order step in to put down that sort of worship?
>>
>>49231743

they don't like direct worship in the way cops don't like when other cops have savior complexes.

it happens but if anyone else finds out then whoever caused it gets into shit for not being more careful and not promoting the idea that they're obviously there for the realm.
>>
>>49231980

my point being, if it's not traced to him, then why worry, right?
>>
i know i'm probably posting in a prenatally dead thread (especially with such a shitty OP prompt) but this has something i've been itching to ask for a while now:

how the fuck do i even get my head around Lintha? like, at all? what are they? no books really classify them so properly i can tell what they're supposed to do or be, aside from "something everyone hates" in the West.
>>
Question for you veterans.

is there a way to make a character that revolves around using a big ass shield? Not weapons and fists. Just a shield.
>>
>>49232173

Melee style, focus on defensive charms like Dipping Swallow and whatever-Bulwark Stance rather than the attack ones. A Shield is considered a melee weapon with tags that pertain to it's shielding abilities.

Maybe take some Thrown for the sake of being Captain America, even? Captain Anathema
>>
When you sacrifice resources to make prayer easier what happens to the stuff you sacrifice does it disappear into essence or do the gods send something to come and get it and take it to heaven?
>>
Does anywhere in third edition handle what happens when you tie someone up and what can stop a sorcerer from teleporting away if they know the spell?
>>
>>49231980
Alright, thanks for the info. The way I had it planned was that he didn't actually know about the small cult that was forming around him until after the fact, cause all he did was show up, kill the anathema, and leave. Problem being that in some cases this was Dumb Tribal Islanders' first encounter with the Realm, and their first encounter was "Wow, that guy fucking rekt the White Witch that's been eating our children! We should pray to him instead!" The Realm ended up coming to those islands later and they adopted the Immaculate Faith, but they still kinda kept honoring him sort of like a patron saint. When he finally did find out about it, he honestly felt embarrassed.

Thinking on it now though, I think I'll cut the whole cult thing and keep it to them telling legends about the Black Dragon of the West, whom they honor and hold as a standard of why the Immaculate Faith is the true faith, but don't actually worship him per sey. So there's still hints that he's a badass, but it's not in the form of outright worship.
>>
>http://pastebin.com/PCvifL0s

The mechanics of an artifact I'm working on. I want it to be rating 5.

Opinions?
>>
>>49230449

I actually practiced Capoeira for a while in college, so I'd really like Swaying Grass Dance, or whatever that martial art was called gets an official version. It was one of the devs that wrote that, right? Vance?

>>49232140

The very short version is that they're cannibalistic demon-blooded pirates who are also kind of a mafia. If you'e looking for a book, first edition's Blood and Salt has a whole chapter on them.

>>49232902

The second edition core book talks about burnt offerings, in which case the stuff becomes ashes, naturally. I'd imagine that happens for most kinds of offerings, but you can get creative with it, too.

>>49232922

I don't think it covers it specifically, but I imagine you could rule that it's a special version of the Restrain action from the grapple rules that disallows actions other than picking the lock/slipping the ropes/etc.
>>
>>49233428

newcomer to exalted so not sure you want my opinion.

It seems strong but it is rating 5 so there is that.

I don't think the names are fitting for a Child's Lament. For example I would rename them in this fashion.
Raiment of Glory - Mother's Arms
Solar Destruction Burst - Child's Lament
etc. so it feels it is in same spirit as the name of the weapon
>>
>>49235259
It's called Child's Lament because the capstone ability can decimate an entire army by itself, thus leaving a lot of children with a dead parent.
>>
so has anyone had a crafter make a N/A artifact? If so what was it.
>>
>>49233428

You don't need to pay extra attunement motes to access the first evocation as an attunement benefit, just make it for free.
>>
>>49230449

Single Point, as I'm full blown weeaboo.
>>
>>49232140
The Lintha were primordial blooded humans in the first age, with access to charms and excellencies. They were a proud race that sided with Kimbery in the primordial war and were almost wiped out as a result.

The Lintha of the second age are but a shadow of their former glories. The faint trace of magical abilities in their bloodline and accepted yozi worship has transformed them into cannibalistic, mafia-like pirate bastards that raid everyone, enslave (and cut the balls of everything) they don't eat, and other nasty business.

The ghosts of the Lintha of old are deeply ashamed by the Lintha of present.
>>
>>49237278
It's funny because at one point a Lintha poet and satirist detailed all the insane lengths they needed to restore the purity of the ancient Lintha bloodline, to show how absurd his race's aims were.

And the the Lintha took it as a manual for their society.

That's like taking Thomas Swift's "a Modest Propasal" seriously.
>>
>>49238340
That guy was on to something, Nexus knows about the nutrition found in cheap infants.
>>
>>49230449
>What 2e style are you looking forward to seeing getting a 3e version?
White Veil Style because it was kinda like more wicked version of Dreaming Pearl Courtesan.

Mantis Style because I would like to see how Vance goes about it this time.

Crystal Chameleon because disco ninjas.

Maybe some more like Swaying Grass and Four Arm of Unconquered Sun. I would also like to see some new styles because Single Point and Steel Devil are fun.
>>
File: HandsomeTribal.jpg (52KB, 564x729px) Image search: [Google]
HandsomeTribal.jpg
52KB, 564x729px
Valor style. And the rest of the Virtue styles. Just because.
>>
>>49238340
If you're refering to Kan Pol the Younger, the guy was an ultra-conservative who loathed the dilution of Lintha blood and, being a half-blooded himself, castrated himself in order to not contribute to that dilution. He wrote satires about the Lintha Family's failed attempts at increasing the number of births by sharing spouses, not about their desire to restore thepurity of their blood. The Lintha took his writings as they were intended.
>>
File: Chosen of Secrets.jpg (277KB, 620x808px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen of Secrets.jpg
277KB, 620x808px
>>49230449

Border of Kaleidoscopic Logic Style for being so fucking weird, even by SMA standards. Prismatic Arrangement of Creation also holds a place in my heart for being weird and cool as well. Citrine Poxes of Contagion Style has recently caught my attention for the possible ways of allowing me to play a doctor-assassin.

Looking forward to getting working SMA in general, and those three in particular. If anyone has any good Ex3 conversions for any of those, I'd be grateful.
>>
File: BlackAndRedKunoichi.jpg (277KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
BlackAndRedKunoichi.jpg
277KB, 800x1132px
/exg/'s pretty slow today...
>>
>>49243919

I'd normally like to talk about more things, but eh...

Like I was going to review >>49233428 's artifact... but then I found the FMW soundtrack and got soundtracked.
>>
Anyone got the 3e character creation summary in the 3e bookmarked pdf? For some reason, I canĀ“t find it there. Did it get edited out?
>>
>>49243919

Nothing new to discuss.

>>49244042

Is it not on page 127?
>>
>>49244152
Found it, thanks. I seem to have missed it between all the stories and advantages...
>>
Post night castes boys
>>
File: Sir Christopher Lee.jpg (308KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sir Christopher Lee.jpg
308KB, 768x1024px
>>49244397
>>
File: BustyRedhead.jpg (43KB, 594x888px) Image search: [Google]
BustyRedhead.jpg
43KB, 594x888px
>>49244397
>>
File: NightCaste.jpg (76KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
NightCaste.jpg
76KB, 636x900px
>>49244428
>>
File: NightCaste2.png (1MB, 690x1085px) Image search: [Google]
NightCaste2.png
1MB, 690x1085px
>>49244439
>>
File: Come On And Slam.jpg (100KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
Come On And Slam.jpg
100KB, 500x346px
>>49244397
Athletics supernal
>>
File: Guerrilla.jpg (219KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
Guerrilla.jpg
219KB, 800x580px
>>49244453
>>
File: 1449552440392.gif (341KB, 375x266px) Image search: [Google]
1449552440392.gif
341KB, 375x266px
>>49244397
>>
File: RavenHairedLady.jpg (250KB, 640x850px) Image search: [Google]
RavenHairedLady.jpg
250KB, 640x850px
>>49244473
>>
File: SmirkingRogue.jpg (571KB, 1400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SmirkingRogue.jpg
571KB, 1400x1600px
>>49244529
>>
File: Unzips Dick.png (213KB, 1228x1315px) Image search: [Google]
Unzips Dick.png
213KB, 1228x1315px
>>49244397
>>
File: Mongolian.jpg (83KB, 736x986px) Image search: [Google]
Mongolian.jpg
83KB, 736x986px
>>49244546
>>
File: Putin.jpg (79KB, 417x604px) Image search: [Google]
Putin.jpg
79KB, 417x604px
>>49244397
>>49244559
>>
File: ScarredEyepatch.jpg (146KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
ScarredEyepatch.jpg
146KB, 500x709px
>>49244580
>>
File: Violet.jpg (86KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
Violet.jpg
86KB, 500x382px
>>49244608
>>
File: RedFurredDressSwordmaiden.jpg (66KB, 650x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RedFurredDressSwordmaiden.jpg
66KB, 650x1200px
>>49244608
>>
File: BloodyRainPale.jpg (354KB, 1024x1428px) Image search: [Google]
BloodyRainPale.jpg
354KB, 1024x1428px
>>49244656
>>
File: ArcherGirl.jpg (681KB, 1006x1744px) Image search: [Google]
ArcherGirl.jpg
681KB, 1006x1744px
>>49244685
>>
File: 1456016151440.png (224KB, 640x768px) Image search: [Google]
1456016151440.png
224KB, 640x768px
>>49244397
>>
File: GeishaSwordswoman.jpg (42KB, 435x800px) Image search: [Google]
GeishaSwordswoman.jpg
42KB, 435x800px
>>49244705
>>
File: 1439481414783.png (111KB, 442x842px) Image search: [Google]
1439481414783.png
111KB, 442x842px
>>49244397
>>
>>49244834
>>
File: Dashing Rogue.jpg (160KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dashing Rogue.jpg
160KB, 900x1200px
>>49244834

>Formal Dress for Wedding
>Cat Hat
>Scourge caste

I've no idea what to make of this, but it seems bizarrely appropriate for someone under Adorjans patronage.
>>
>>49233428
Essence-Unraveling Blow looks pretty OP.
Also, Flame of Lingering Guilt is broken as fuck
>>
Advice on fleshing out a city (specifically, the bits of it Exalts are likely to interact with)?

Notes I've sketched out to myself:
-who has power here? why?
-who has money here?
-who has connections here?
-who has a library here?
-whom should visitors not upset?
-what's the curfew or other movement restriction on semi-public areas?
-what's the biggest temple?
-what is there of local bureaucracy?
>>
What abilities and merits do I need to build a sea smuggler in exalted?
>>
File: anima banner.jpg (579KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
anima banner.jpg
579KB, 800x1000px
>>49244397
>>
>>49245663
sail, larceny, maybe stealth.

resources and contacts if he's working alone
>>
>>49245695
no bureaucracy, socialize and presence??
>>
>>49245724
depends on how exactly you're smuggling. You could use those to talk your way past inspectors, or you could sneak the wares into the city under the cover of the night, or hide them in normal shippments, or...

It depends on how you're smuggling, is what I'm saying
>>
>>49245358
Flame of Lingering Guilt is Thunderbolt Attack Prana, except it delivers its damage over time instead of all at once and can be negated before all of the damage is done. Because of that, it doesn't cost the 1wp that TAP does.
>>
>>49241496
Wasn't he killed BY the Lintha?
>>
>>49246148
What? That's not at all what it does. Flame of Lingering Guilt says:
>Each round, victims hit by Judgement of the Sorcerous Sun take one automatic level of Health damage, for a total number of rounds equal to the successes rolled on Judgement of the Sorcerous Sun's attack.

It inflicts as many levels of damage as you rolled successes on your attack roll, Thunderbolt Attack Prana doubles the amount of damage you rolled. In addition, TAP applies only to a single target while FoLG nukes everyone withing medium range. And how supernatural ways of extinguishing a fire do you think exist?

Heck, you can just use a full excellency on your attack roll and even from base init of 3 Flame of Lingering Guilt will slowly burn everyone to death with no way of saving themselves unless they totally luck out and have super-water powers.
>>
>>49245724

larceny covers illicit activities such as moving goods and fast-talking guards out of stuff. there's even charms that let you get away with convenient lying like "oh no this is the right shipment of something else!" and they believe you because they were expecting someone with crates to be arriving soon. things like that.

i've played smuggler a few times now and never really needed bureaucracy. bureaucracy's more for honest business and cutting deals. the deal cuts itself when the goods are rare enough.
>>
>>49245509

i've always had at least one ritualist in my games for some time now and one question i always ask is "which of the many, many gods of this city are actually worth knowing and what're their domains?"
>>
>>49246280
FoLG only keys off the successes rolled on the DAMAGE ROLL, not the attack roll. The extra successes you get on the attack is irrelevant.

And TAP isn't limited to one target either, if the attack it is used to supplement hits more than one person.
>>
>>49246500
Actually, herp a derp, I didn't actually word it that way. Fixed it.
>>
File: Dragon.jpg (44KB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.jpg
44KB, 500x466px
So, I'm gonna be running a campaign in the West, and I could use some ideas for island nations the PCs might come across. They're starting in Abalone, and I'm planning to have them travel all around the West, from Onyx to An-Teng, so I could use ideas for smaller island-civilizations that aren't in the book.
>>
>>49247711

Read the 2e book Masters of Jade. Tons of ideas for the West in there.
>>
File: infernalcharms.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
infernalcharms.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>tfw I want to run a game where pdf related are relevant, barring the homebrewed yozis/devil-tigers
>tfw no Infernals players/ST
>tfw no group, period
>>
>>49247711
Kinda cliche but an island that is otherwise a normal fishing/trading village but every year on some particular day they make human sacrifice to some giant sea monster. What the monster in question is could be any number of things.
>>
>>49248967
That sounds like an okay idea, actually. Wonder what sort of monster it should be though. I'm tempted to say some sort of dragon or sea serpent, but Dragons aren't really something PCs should be fighting unless they're high essence.
>>
>>49249316
Could be something from the wyld, could be an escaped demon, could just be a giant monster with a semblance of intelligence, could be a lunar. Possibilities are endless.
>>
>>49249316
It's an elemental sea nymph. They sacrifice a strapping young man each year, who she takes away.

It's assumed she takes them as a lover until they die of exhaustion and fatigue, at which point she returns for the next one.

That's not the case. While she does take them as a lover, it's only temporary until they impregnate her and help to care for her while she's pregnant. In return for their seed and a year of service, she teaches them Sorcery, providing a shaping ritual that revolves around drawing motes from flowing water.

To date, none have chosen to return to a village that was willing to sacrifice them.
>>
File: Wizard.png (1MB, 727x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard.png
1MB, 727x1028px
>>49249603
>I've done this before, almost word for word

Minus the sorcery part anyway. Neat.
>>
In an effort to shill, I, also known as Alchemicalfag, have started a Modern Alchemical Quest here >>49248322

>inb4thesettingisthebestpartandmodernsucks

Eh I wanted something to do.
>>
>>49251125
>Alchemicals

I hope you die from your robot cancer.
>>
>>49248089
Infernals ST here, on European time, you?
>>
>>49244591

This seems more Sidereal than Solar.

...Or Alchemical if using that one charm Vance made as a joke.
>>
>>49249603
Instead of Sorcery I would give them some kind of elemental blessing. Maybe water breathing or something like that. Producing one Sorcerer each year is a bit much.
>>
>>49246237
Sure, by a bunch of younger Lintha who found it kinda hypocritical that a halfbreed wrote so bluntly and passionately about the modern Lintha ruining their bloodlines further and further.
>>
>>49255665
Nah, I don't think it is. They have no support system to provide resources or to learn more spells from, so I don't feel it's overpowered.

Actually, I'd wonder what was happening to the Godblooded kid she was producing every year.
>>
>>49249603
The thing people seem to constantly forget about 3E sorcery that not everyone can learn it. It's isn't just about finding a teacher, it's also about mindset, attitude, determination, stuff like that.
>>
>>49256966
It would be a few words difference to change the idea to 'she tries to teach them Sorcery'.
>>
>>49256997
That is true. What would happen to the ones who don't learn Sorcery, though? Would they get some minor powers or mutations as a side effect of the nymph's attempts at teaching them Sorcery, or would they just be sent on their way with nothing to show for their troubles?
>>
>>49257222
A 2-3 dot supernatural Merit, I'd think. Waterbreathing, enhanced swim speed, etc. Something to do with water, given the source. Maybe even a bound elemental, bonded to serve for the mortal's life.
>>
>>49257222
>>49257378
Or maybe just a dot of Performance and a peculiar Specialty?
>>
>>49257456
>Specialty: Elemental Lover

I dunno, a dot of Performance seems kind of low. That kind of event in the background of a character is already justification for quite a bit of learning like Occult, Lore, and others.

I think the appropriate level of reward from her would still be something supernatural.
>>
>>49257491
Yes, and we even have a precedence for that. Smith Goddes from the leak can bless her followers with fire resistance and award them silver crafting experience.
>>
>>49257592

Has there been another leak or do you just mean one of the earlier 3e Core leaks which had shit like Unity of the Closed Fist in it?
>>
>>49248089
Holy shit what are all of these? There's over 600 pages and I'm to busy right now to go over them.
>>
>>49258339

it says "infernal charms" right there in the filename......
>>
>>49258284
Yeah, 3E core leak. There was another high Essence goddess beside Ahlat.
>>
>>49258381
Homebrewed or a complete collection of all of them?
>>
>>49233428

Me again. The Artifact has been edited and balanced more than it was(it's not even a sword anymore), and some powers added, along with an merit rating.

Tell me what you think!
>>
>>49247711
An island of steep, rocky shores, made even harder to enter than it otherwise would be by a cpurt of water elementals who make their home near the island and protect it. The local humans worship these elementals, obviously and act as their agents. The island is something of a gathering place for smugglers, pirates and such, because it's nature makes it a pretty good safe have. The locals make their living from these refuge-seeking visitors.

A group of smallish islands, each ruled by a single clan. One of the islands is a sacred place, home to the primary god of the civilization in question. I'm thinking of a god with something to do with typhoons, but the specific nature of the god isn't really that important. It used to be that the clans of these islands were independent, with the sacred island and its priesthood being the one thing that united them into something that could reasonably be considered a single civiliation. A couple of generations back one of the clan chiefs managed to garner enough power and support to name himself king, though. There is still plenty of friction between royalists who tink that a more centralized government wil make their islands stronger and traditionalists who are all about maintaining the old rights and freedoms of the clans.

A maritime merchant nation with more or less independent colonies here and there, not entirely unlike the Guild, though obvioulsy more unified culturally. Have them be active in a region where the Guild is just expanding its operations. Let them come in contact and conflict with the Guild. Maybe have them join the Guild, the entire nation as one. Might be interesting.

An island where the children and/or loyal retainers of some long-dead Solar escaped during the Usurpation. What with the relative isolation of the West, the culture descended form these Solar loyalists has survived to the present day, though obvioulsy much has been forgotten

Comment getting too long, so will be continued.
>>
>>49259213
>An island where the children and/or loyal retainers of some long-dead Solar escaped during the Usurpation. What with the relative isolation of the West, the culture descended form these Solar loyalists has survived to the present day, though obvioulsy much has been forgotten
Belief in the divine origin of the king/queen remain. though, as does veneration of the Sun. The locals are fond of long, pompous titles, and have the attitude of the citizens of a superpower even if they aren't actually a superpower. This part of the kingdom would probably work best if they have been the biggest, baddest nation in their part of the West so far, with the major powers of the direction having been distant, rumoured lands, maybe tarding partners, but not really close anough to make their full power known. The kingdom in qustion coming face to face with a clearly stronger power, maybe even the Realm, might be cool.

These ideas aren't really all that original, but I've been thinking about them and probably won't get to use them myself, so figured I'd throw them out here.
>>
>>49258884

Homebrew from what I see.
>>
>>49259283
And what happens when someone comes to that kingdom and glows like their long-dead king/queen was said to do?
>>
Are heavy weapons viable? I want to go for a barbarian sort of theme, but I'm worried I'll have accuracy problems. What's a good way to shore up my attack rolls?
>>
>>49247711
A frozen backwoods fishing isle centered on an ice-mountain. It used to be a fairly fertile island, then some Exalt left a megacooling experiment of elemental air in the middle, and that built up a glacier-peak around itself over time. Now it's like Norway after vikings but before oil, mostly a poor fishing nation of people living on the coasts because the frozen mountains are rather inhospitable, exporting ice and frozen fish.
>>
>>49258988
>http://pastebin.com/PCvifL0s

the greatest crime of this weapon is that the evocations are mechanically almost too good and they have like, no flavor or character on their own.
>>
>>49259641
>What's a good way to shore up my attack rolls?

Excellent Strike and an excellency?
>>
>>49259722
Almost too good is just fine.

And the lack of character is due to wanting to nail down mechanics first.
>>
>>49259641
sick barbarian stunts, dude. And high Willpower.
>>
>>49259344
A lot of confusion follows. I'm thinking a lot will depend on how the Solar plays things. His or her golden glowy glory will obviously resonate with the oldest, most revered myths of the nation, but at the same time the royal family probably won't be thrilled about the idea of some upstart foreigner messing up the status quo, what with that satus quo being very beneficial to them and all. It'd be a pretty good set-up for one or two more socially-focused sessions, I'd say. Solars would have a lot going for them, a lot of material to work with, but the nation wouldn't just immediately bow before its Solar overlords.
>>
>>49259641

Clashing.

With a clashing build and if you're feeling really ballsy, you could abandon other defenses.
>>
>The gift of Exaltation makes the Chosen immune to the worst perils of diseaseā€”they suffer no risk of death from any sickness, save perhaps from extremely potent magical diseases.

So can Puppeteer's Plague kill an Exalt? Are there any 1e or 2e diseases that might be worth converting?
>>
>>49260192

Clashing with heavy weapons is tied with unpaired medium weapons. Any with a light weapon or who's dual wielding, or both, will have a significant edge.
>>
>>49260391

Its free accuracy either way.

Also not everyone dual wields weapons.
>>
>>49260391
>>49260192
>>49259737
Can I get away with only 3-4 dots in dexterity? High dex seems awkward on a big meaty dude , but I haven't played 3e yet and I'm remembering Dex as the godstat in 2e.
>>
Been trying to build stuff for an exalted campaign I probably never run.

What exactly could someone find in the first age tomb of an zenith caste solar besides artefacts, a few religious texts, offerings?

On another note. Also planning to have an ancient wood dragon blooded turned into an tree in the courtyard, quarding the tomb. Given their lifespan, would that even make sense.
>>
>>49260598
You can "get away" with it, but it's worth twice as much as every other stat.
>>
>>49260598
No. Dexterity is more important than Strength on heavy weapons.
>>
File: Certified 100% Heresy.png (36KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
Certified 100% Heresy.png
36KB, 192x192px
>>49260634
>an ancient wood dragon blooded turned into an tree in the courtyard

I like it
>>
>>49257491
>>Specialty: Elemental Lover
Yeah, or a Merit that makes you immune to certain outbursts of these lovers while loving.
>>
>>49260634

DBs only live a few centuries, you'll need something to handwave his age. Remember, the Usurpation has 1,500 years ago.
>>
>>49259747
You can't add flavor back in later. It has to be embedded in there from the start.
>>
>>49260658
Then IĀ“m probably doing something right?

>>49260703
Hm. Maybe some sort of blessing or an ancient artifact? Going to do more research on that then, thanks.
>>
>>49260598

You could ask the ST to use this houserule:

This houserule changes how both withering and decisive attacks are made in the system by hacking the attributes to allow one attribute or another to be used for attacks and defense.

- When making Brawl or Melee attacks, the user can decide to use either Strength or Dexterity on the attack roll. This is allowed for Martial Arts so long as it makes sense within the style (EX: Single Shining Point in the Void, with itā€™s quick strikes, cannot use Strength to attack. Tiger Style however can use Dexterity or Strength at its leisure).
- When calculating Parry value, use the higher of Strength or Dexterity.
- The bonus strength from "Strength Increasing Exercise" does not factor into Parry or accuracy values.

Sure it makes you hit like a truck, but people will kite you like crazy.
>>
>>49260639
>Dexterity is more important than Strength on heavy weapons
T-thanks, White Wolf
>>
>>49260747

Sorcery can create immortality that has a catch. You could easily say that he doesn't die of age within the halls, but will if he ever leaves.
>>
>>49260750
>- The bonus strength from "Strength Increasing Exercise" does not factor into Parry or accuracy values.

This is probably going to have to generalize to "bonus strength from anything" every time a new splatbook, web supplement or obscure item in the back of the book comes up. Exalted has a history of giving out Strength like candy precisely because it's not the godstat.
>>
>>49260883

Yea that's true. Strength values are often way bloated compared to other values. Banning something like the Gargantuan mutation from giving its STR bonus to accuracy could work, but for most PC's its generally solid.

I have theoretical plans on how to make it work for Lunars, but until I see Lunars that's pointless to think about.
>>
>>49260634
>What exactly could someone find in the first age tomb of an zenith caste solar besides artefacts, a few religious texts, offerings?
Statues of him, carvings or paintings depicting his great deeds. Maybe remains of vanquished foes - it might be more of a Dawn Caste thing, but it fits any Exalt, and could add some character to the place. Bound demons/elemenals/sorcerous creations tasked with keepoing the place clean.
>>
File: 12354689.png (1MB, 1000x645px) Image search: [Google]
12354689.png
1MB, 1000x645px
>>49247711

This ended up turning into an entire scenario.

Earlier on, the Circle encounters a band of raksha embodying the narrative of pirates. It doesn't matter how the encounter goes, whether they parley or initiate hostilities or whatever, just that they're set up beforehand.

Later, they arrive at a coastal village on a somewhat small island that is... completely vacant. Not quite ruins, but not a soul resides there. It's like everyone just up and vanished. Signs of struggle reside here and there - fallen over totems, cast aside fishing rods, the doors to dwellings wide open and jostling in the wind - but it's mostly simply empty. Just a hollow shell of a fishing village on a small island off in the middle of nowhere, distant from any other population. The sun seems somehow dimmed and the entire world looks a little washed out. Inland, there are vast communal gardens left rotten and untended, and beyond that, past a small copse, a vast field of hemlock dances in the wind.

A powerful storm very suddenly overtakes the sea and sky with roiling waves and pitch black clouds, trapping the Circle. They decide to stay until it passes. That's when the spooky starts. Objects - totems, maybe a random doll they discovered earlier - moving to different spots when no one is looking. Doors shut behind the player characters or creak open with no cause in sight. Figures darting behind buildings out of the corner of their eyes. Quiet whispers - childish giggles - that lead to no one. Kindled flames sputter and die at intervals, never providing the Circle an external source of light; when they flare their animas, they cast the shadows of people who aren't there - short, faint silhouettes that flicker away in an instant.

(cont)
>>
>>49247711
>>49261162

If the Circle attempts to sail away, the storm flings them right back to the island. The phenomena follows them on to their ship and occurs there as well. Out in the distance of the storm, they can hear the pained singing of several voices, chillingly melodic yet grimly sharp, almost like screaming... Sorcerers find it mesmerizing.

This is the heart of the matter. Not long ago, the island was ransacked by fair folk pirates - the same the Circle encountered earlier - and the population was devastated. Far away from any other island, they had no one to look to for help... save the Guild merchant ships that dropped by seasonally for trade purposes. The Guild vessel left saying they would bring support. Instead, a slaving vessel took advantage of the village's weakness and swept up the rest of the population, leaving only a group of children who hid well. They tried to make do, tried to use what they'd learned from their parents, but none of them were skilled enough sailors, fishers, or hunters. They began starving one after another, and rather than suffer any further, the eldest, an adolescent, the leader, poisoned the others and then themselves with the hemlock.

In dying, the children became striplings, essentially juvenile mortwrights whose despair twisted them into spectres at the moment of death. The great intensity of their emotions upon their entry into the Underworld drew the addled, murky attention of one of the dead ancients dreaming far below, who opened up a nihil to the Labyrinth, a mouth through which its splintered consciousness could whisper its condolences and comfort the children's ghosts over what a horrid, ruinous, worthless place the world is. This warped the island into a Shadowland, though it's not immediately obvious to the naked eye until nighttime.

(cont)
>>
>>49247711
>>49261212

The striplings are vengeful ghosts who want to trap the Circle on the island until they starve to death or poison themselves just like they did, but they're not evil per se, they just want new playmates. The island is essentially barren - edible foliage is corrupted from within with rot, though poisonous plants flourish. The striplings will perform any number of eerie feats to play around with the Circle and drive them closer to madness. If contacted after the Circle begins to realize what's going on, they're probably pretty forthcoming about what they want and, if asked, will explain what happened to the island as best as a child could be expected to. Spirit-Detecting Glance obviously makes this easier, but it's not necessary to make the scenario work - the striplings will manifest and reply when necessary to progress the plot.

This would be bad enough on its own, but then the raksha pirates show up again, piercing through the storm after having followed the Circle to the island for want of revenge (if they were hostile) or out of a sense of comradery (if friendly) or because they want to raid the party now or are maybe just curious (if neutral). The fae cannot escape and are completely out of their depth once they're exposed to what's going on - the striplings want to torture them into nonexistence and the nature of the area causes them to calcify at an accelerated rate. The Circle must decide whether to incapacitate and hand over the raksha pirates to the striplings in exchange for their own freedom (which will, granted, cause the stripling's further degeneration into abominations of Oblivion) or work together with the raksha pirates to put the striplings to rest once and for all.

(cont)
>>
>>49247711
>>49261248

Siding with the raksha causes shadowy, ghostly, beastly, wolfish manifestations (perhaps give them a childlike as well?) to spawn intermittently (probably fine to stat them as mortwrights) who will attack the Circle and raksha with guerilla tactics at intervals and will attempt to abduct raksha (who disappear forever when nabbed). They can probably pass through walls and are just a pain in the ass in general. Escaping with the ships is still impossible and shadowy tendrils will now rise threateningly from the murky, churning waters, ready to drag the raksha away (they will avoid hurting the PCs). Siding with the striplings means the raksha have got to be defeated - if one of the PCs ends up in a rough spot, the shadow-monsters described above will leap from the darkness and assist them.

Make sure to hint early in the scenario at where the children's corpses are in a subtle way, like at the dark bottom of a dried up well or perhaps in the village's large communal ice house, something like that. In the day, it's filled with their remains, but at night it opens into a pitch black hole (the nihil) from which the Neverborn's sad whispers rise, audible to everyone who approaches. Giving the striplings a proper burial (Zenith anima definitely suffices) will close the nihil and make the striplings reciprocal to passing to Lethe on their own through social influence (the Neverborn's ambient whispers are influencing the striplings into delirium otherwise). Since the bodies aren't there at night, the Circle will likely have to endure an evening of spectral hospitality before they're able to escape. If none of the players come up with this "proper burial" idea (an occult roll probably would tell them, granted), have one of the raksha note it as a possibly solution.

(cont)
>>
File: phenomeno-Anime-1081500.png (2MB, 1276x719px) Image search: [Google]
phenomeno-Anime-1081500.png
2MB, 1276x719px
>>49247711
>>49261324

The striplings can also just be massacred with Spirit-Cutting Attack or similar, but until the nihil is closed, this condemns them to the Void if nothing else is done. The striplings are non-combatants and flee from violence, but are caught and ended as easily as one would expect. Once it becomes clear what the Circle intends to do to them, their ghosts will probably all hide in the place they hid from the Guild slavers in the previously described backstory, so you can have the striplings mention that in their explanation as well.

The Neverborn is present only in voice out in the chaos of the storm (it's the pained singing) and arising from the nihil, where it babbles softly, incoherently about depressing things (also can deliver exposition on the island by way of its repeated condolences if necessary). It''s not actually expending any effort or attention in causing this whole mess - it's arguable how consciously aware of what's concurring it is. It will pay the Circle absolutely no mind unless they provoke it, in which case it will only scream inside their heads until they go insane, placate it somehow (via obeisance or by chanting its name before it died, maybe? I guess that could be found out with an Occult/Lore roll if a character knows about those ancient legends; whatever, you can think up alternatives), or close the nihil. In both the reaches of the storm and at the edge of the nihil, the Neverborn will whisper knowledge of necromancy-related spells/shaping rituals/etc. to sorcerers if entreated to do so.

So yeah.
>>
>>49260322
I'm just glad I don't have to worry about catching any STDs from all the whores I fuck.
>>
>>49260322
>So can Puppeteer's Plague kill an Exalt?
I assume so.

>Are there any 1e or 2e diseases that might be worth converting?
Green Sun Wasting will probably get an update eventually, though it will have to be changed a bit since diseases work differently.

Citrine Pox's diseases wouldn't mind the update now that they aren't worthless.

In general 1e/2e don't have a lot of diseases precisely because the systems were so shitty (or everyone who mattered was immune anyway) that nobody wanted to engage with it.
>>
>>49262305

No, you totally catch them, you just won't die of them, you Typhoid Martin.
>>
File: 1472130654221.jpg (33KB, 480x344px) Image search: [Google]
1472130654221.jpg
33KB, 480x344px
So what books are worth it from 1e and 2e? I've seen Holden bitch about 2e being completely bad and you should never use anything from it, but then again
>Holden
>>
>>49262603

1e: Scavenger Sons, Games of Divinity, Blood & Salt, the Caste/Aspect books have some goodstuff

2e: Autochthonia I guess? 2e didn't really bring anything new to the table.
>>
>>49262603

it's a nice little clusterfuck of reused things from 1e and new writers being pushed into creating content for a dying company's final successful-ish product.

i mean, i had a good time with it, back when it was the new thing. but it didn't do much more than 1e already offered, that 3e doesn't offer more concisely anyway.
>>
>>49262646

Masters of Jade
>>
>>49262603
It's wacky because Holden helped write the handful of good 2E books.
>>
>>49267125
It's kind of like being hired to work on a sinking ship. You're being paid to maintain it, but if you can help it, you'd probably want a new one.
>>
>>49267157
>hired

They were working for free at one point, IIRC.
>>
>>49267337
Yeah, as the Ink Monkeys, they pretty much worked for free to keep Exalted alive at least in come capacity.
>>
So I've read in a few places that Single Point is overpowered, even to the point of being game breaking, but I don't see it. It's a good deal of Fuck That Guy In Particular (And Everyone Between Me And Him Incidentally) but I'm not seeing anything to enhance withering attacks, accuracy, or defence. Can anyone give me a breakdown of the styles strengths and weaknesses and help me get a better grip on it?
>>
>>49267745
Where's its strong is action economy. It gives the user two actions a turn.

Combine it with Evocations from things like lavasword, and it gets broken.
>>
Liquid Steel Flow enhances withering attacks. It also helps with accuracy a slight bit once you have some initiative.

Defense wise the style is bankrupt on that. The single defensive charm really just lets you help hit your opponent a tiny bit better. The main strength comes in its insane form charm, which lets you break the action economy with double attacks. It can function as defense through offense by flooding the opponent with attacks to make sure they'll never stand up or somewhat defense as you have two initiative pools to take damage with.

If an opponent doesn't have things that stop excess damage than it can roll over 50 dice of damage in a single attack easily.

>>49267888

Or Athletics
>>
>>49267888

what, it even ignores the "nobody can ever take 2 direct actions in one turn against the same foe" ruling?
>>
>>49267940
The sword's actions can target the same person the Solar targets, yes.
>>
>>49268020

yikes. must be rad as fuck hype when it happens at the table that way, at least.
>>
>>49267940

That's a flurry.

Single Point effectively gives you two separate actions. You could even do things like fight with your sword while casting sorcery.
>>
>>49267888
>>49267919

Do flurry breakers (i.e. removing yourself from the Single Point Stylist's range) properly counter this otherwise massive advantage?

Likewise, what are some examples of stopping excess damage?
>>
>>49268120

i'd guess they mean tanking soak like a motherfucker, using charms that cut down raw damage of attacks before rolls, zero out specific success values, etcetera. Resistance stuff.
>>
>>49268120
Well, if the SP user is rushing you, you need to be able to disengage or they're going to keep up with you trying to get away.

And the best way to stop excess damage to not get hit.
>>
>>49259641
It's only for withering attacks, and you'll be netting more damage against non-Exalted high level foes with heavy weapons than you would with lighter ones. Totally viable, the only problem is if your ST only throws Exalts your way.
>>
>>49259641

your accuracy won't be as amazing but the raw damage is pretty good too, honestly. the white-room theory that elevated accuracy covers for this flaw is only sometimes true.
>>
>>49268147

Do styles like Single Point and Crane have any hard counters?
>>
>What's your favorite style and why?

Righteous Devil. A martial art designed around dispensing justice with a firewand was something I never imagined would be so cool.

>What 2e style are you looking forward to seeing getting a 3e version?

Obsidian Shards of Infinity, because sometimes you need to spook some fate spiders.
>>
>>49268917
>Obsidian Shards of Infinity, because sometimes you need to spook some fate spiders.

Let's not and say we did.
>>
>>49268774

Single point users fight an uphill battle if they can't win join battle. Multiple opponents are also a bit problematic for single point users.

Both Crane and Single Point have problems with high soak, as their post soak options are lacking, but Crane is really strong when used in its niche.
>>
>>49268988

Whaddya think of Black Claw Style, incidentally?
>>
>>49267745
People who think it's OP don't understand just how insane Solar Melee's accuracy gets. Yes, Single Point dishes out quite a bit of damage, yes it manages a good pace of slaughter, no, it will not kill DBs quicker than a Meleeist. It's good enough on damage to not be a trashfire when you're up against a peer (looking at you, Steel Devil), but it has little in the way of accuracy enhancement which is the most important element of Winning Against Actual Threats (nor does it have anything for post-soak so I hope you got an artifact weapon before you went up against Octavian).

There's nothing Single Point can beat that Solar Melee can't beat, but there's stuff Solar Melee can beat that Single Point can't. In a 1v1, I'd bet on Solar Melee with ES+DSD+HSP over a Single Point stylist who has bought up to Liquid Steel Flow, with no other Charms for either party.

>>49268774
Single Point has a fairly nasty counter in the form of any character with a pile of accuracy enhancers and a reflexive Clash (e.g. a Melee character, or an unarmed Snake Stylist). An even worse one is any soakmonsters if you don't have an artifact weapon.
>>
>>49269555

>an unarmed Snake Stylist

Doesn't being unarmed count as one weapon? Shouldn't the Hook Swords get a plus two with being dual wielded? They should be on par, shouldn't they?
>>
>>49269608
Hook swords are dual wielded yes, unarmed is one weapon.
>>
>>49269608
If I was gonna do a Snake stylist, I'd use a serpent-sting staff and combine Snake and White Reaper.
>>
So as someone who really loves the loves the lore of exalted and may have potentially lured a dnd group over to it, I'd like to figure out the actual power level of the setting.

Reading the 3rd ed core I never had the most solid grasp on the amount of power that could be brought to bear against a party of solars. Could a small village turn them away? How many small villages would there even be? How about a small city? A large one? Nexus? What's the limit to glorious solar bullshit, what challenge is too great to defeat with pure brute force in a day to day sense?
>>
>>49270344
This question is a bit difficult to answer, because it matters on what your guys bring. A small village wouldn't stand much of achance against a single decent combat Solar. Much less a team of them. But not all Solars are heavily "combat".

That said, if a few village militias were being rounded up by a warlord or god using them efficiently as a battlegroup with a few lieutenants or dangerous creatures, that could work out as a challenge.
>>
>>49270344
Depends on the Solar in question, the prep time the Solar has, and a thousand other questions.

An Essence 1 Dawn who Supernaled Melee? That guy could solo armies comprised of hundreds of men.

The Essence 1 Twilight not so much, unless they're given the time to summon up a smaller, yet even more terrifying, army of Blood Apes.

As you rise in Essence the question is usually more, but you still run into situations where an Essence 3-4 Solar who's a socialite could be minced by a handful of heroic mortals.

The big take away is that Power Level doesn't correspond to Combat Power like it does in D&D. Any level 20 is going to be terrifying in a combat situation, they're all going to be an order of magnitude tougher than the Average Joe Mortal while Exalted can have their power focus be all in something that has no bearing to combat capability.

In a party situation you generally shouldn't throw much more at them than the strongest person can deal with. You might have one or two people not in whatever field of play you are going at be it combat, socializing, occult magics, what have you. Those people are effectively mortals when it comes to that field. Then you have those with middling investment who can hold their own. Then you got that guy whose focus it is and that guy is gonna run the show. Typically bring something that can challenge them to deal with, then a few backup people that the other party members won't be mulched by.
>>
>>49270696
In my experience, Exalted has a bad habit of fracturing the party through the hardcore specializing that most people do. In a Circle of 5 Exalts, they're all gonna be focused on something else with precious little overlap between them. Which means if you want to challenge any of them in their field, everyone else will be woefully under equipped to deal with the threat.

This can lead to the party simply pushing their best person forward to solo the threat then everyone else just sits by and watches. Not a good result.

To counteract this, as I said before try and bring in lower level threats that the rest of the party could actually contribute by fighting. Make it clear there's THE GUY who your guy needs to step to while the rest of the party deals with the minions or hangers on. The Zenith might be in a slam battle with the Lord of the Faerie Court but the Twilight and Night are managing to get some good verbal hits on the random princelings and ladies in waiting that end up helping the party in some way.

The actual balance side of this can really only be gained by experience playing or running the game, there isn't even a halfway useful tool like CR to try and gauge the challenge by. In this case, for the first few sessions where you're figuring things out play it safe and slowly ramp up the difficulty. Let them stomp dick over the first few encounters, it'll feed into their place in the setting while giving you time to acclimate to the balance.
>>
>>49270696
>>49270671
I'm not talking so much in terms of mechanics, if I know the breakdown of a towns population and training I could do that math on those thing, the problem comes more with what kind of response would there be to a solar in the first place. Obviously you got the wyld hunt rolling around, but if a solar starts a tavern brawl and reveals they're a solar, are strong terrestrials going to commonplace enough to come in force? Would the city guard pull back and notify the wyld hunt? I'm just really trying to figure out the limits of trouble players can cause before they're forced to bug the fuck out
>>
>>49270922
Response? Screaming and running mostly. The braver guards would try, and most likely fail, to fight. The rest would probably join the unarmed populace in running and screaming. In most of Creation, outside the Realm, Dragonblooded are nowhere near, or not close enough to show up before the Solar has fucked off.

Inside the Realm, you've got a better shot at getting at least a Dragonblooded, if not a member of the Wyld Hunt. At a minimum, in a Realm city, or an otherwise wealthy one, you're looking at more experienced guards, which, if this is a combat-specialized Solar, are slightly thicker tissue paper.
>>
>>49270922
You can be pretty fast and loose with the proximity of a Wyld Hunt. The baseline starting point in the setting is a period of unrest where the Wyld Hunt isn't too active anymore. In general the farther out in the boonies you are the longer the Wyld Hunt is going to take to respond, and response would usually be measured in months. The information that there is a possible Anathema has to filter back to a satrapy or Dragonblooded outpost, they've gotta confirm that it's real, so probably after at least a couple of Solar bullshit reports, they've gotta put together a team then travel out to where the reports were sent from then track down the Solar. That's the best case scenario for the players.

So they've got a bit of lead time if you let them, or there very well could be a Wyld Hunt that just wrapped up some Anathema hunting in the area already, what a coincidence. It's really up to you.

But in general the civilian reaction will be more negative the closer you get to Realm controlled lands. The Immaculate Philosophy is pretty well spread but out in the sticks the peasants might react with just a bit of fright for the raw power but without any hostile intent unless the Solar is a cock.

Depending on the place, the guards might try and take them in themselves because Solars are known as demons but people don't really know how powerful they really are.
>>
>>49269517

If you cannot socially influence an opponent (EX: Automatons, Zombies) than its dead in the water. If you're fighting an opponent without an audience, its possible but you'll be lacking the mob charm (Though unless he's in the "I want you dead no matter what" phase then you should do fine)
>>
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10cFPWCXrInmoqGABygs8KM6XsDHUq3hptUT7m3SVSP4/

Behold! Punchfox!
>>
>>49261162
>>49261212
>>49261248
>>49261324
>>49261421

Aaaaand copied to my 'encounter ideas I hope to run one day' GMing doc. Super cool, dude.
>>
>>49262603
>>49262646

>2e didn't really bring anything new to the table.

My group's running around in The Lap now, and as far as I can tell there's basically nothing about it in any of the 1e books I've checked. Compass: South had some very useful stuff, though.
>>
>>49267745
>>49267888
>>49267919
>>49268085

>You could even do things like fight with your sword while casting sorcery.

Or use your main action on Full Defense, which gives you a free, non-charm +2 parry, letting you sit at a resting parry of 9 or 10 (assuming max traits, + Full Defense and whether you're counting your 1pt. stunt). It goes a long way to getting you ahead on mote economy.
>>
>>49268946

Omicron's 3e port is pretty boss.
>>
>>49272839

I may as well link it I guess:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/880953-obsidian-shards-of-infinity-style-ex3-version-peach
>>
File: mirrorman.jpg (144KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
mirrorman.jpg
144KB, 600x739px
Post less commonly summoned demons?
>>
File: 1464891382401.jpg (2MB, 1378x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1464891382401.jpg
2MB, 1378x1400px
>>49274859
>>
File: Jigglypugg.png (227KB, 869x920px) Image search: [Google]
Jigglypugg.png
227KB, 869x920px
>>49274859
>>
>>49272839
>>49272999

Are there any other good SMA conversions floating around? Also, does no one else think that SMA should start at Essence three and go up to to Ess 5? Combining the fact that SMA usually start and end at a higher Ess level and that, with one exception, there's no MA style in EX3 that goes beyond Ess3? It just seems like a no brainer to me, especially since you don't want anyone just rushing SMA and forgetting about other styles.
>>
>>49275505
The styles in the corebook seem to be basic styles.

There will most certainly be advanced styles later.
>>
>>49275597

I know, but looking at other peoples home brew SMA, The Essence progression is all over the place. Any idea if learning a CMA will be a prerequisite to picking up the form charm of an SMA? It seemed like a good way to prevent rushing SMA and will prevent a Dawn with Supernal MA from mastering a style at chargen.
>>
>>49275724
IIRC, SMA required a teacher even for Solars. So, for a Supernal MA Dawn to start with a full style, they'll probably need to spend even more Merit points on a Sifu merit.
>>
>>49275767

Yeah, but in using the free merit points from chargen to pick up a Sifu, you could pick up high level SMA charms and skip the lower level styles. Why pick up Ess1-2 charms when you can skip straight to Ess3-4?
>>
>>49275976
It may be that SMA styles will have required prerequisite styles.
>>
File: samurai snek.jpg (244KB, 1000x1536px) Image search: [Google]
samurai snek.jpg
244KB, 1000x1536px
>>49274859
>>
>>49277808
Why would a snake have 4 arms?
>>
>>49277821
It's a demon, it doesn't have to make sense. Remember, we're talking about creatures who are souls OF SOULS.
>>
>>49277836
It doesn't even need to be a demon. I'm sure there are Wyld Mutants out there that look similar.

Sorcerous workings can make creatures like that, too. Even make ones that breed true so you can build up an entire race of them.
>>
File: 20130217234417_1_1.jpg (21KB, 480x615px) Image search: [Google]
20130217234417_1_1.jpg
21KB, 480x615px
>>49277836

Weird generally malefic spirit folk made by unique and stronger generally malefic spirit folk who are the souls of the souls of gargantuan sapient spirit realms who are also generally malefic starts to make sense when you look at the Unshaped raksha who are all like

OFTEN-BUT-NOT-NECESSARILY-ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION OF SIGNATURE CONCEPT SPAWNING FOUR OFTEN-BUT-NOT-NECESSARILY-ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATIONS OF MAIN NARRATIVE EXPLORATIONS AND/OR RELATED FEATURES OF SAID SIGNATURE CONCEPT

See? They make perfect sense.
>>
>>49274859
Theposal, the Uncoverers, progeny of Makarios, the Sigil's Dreamer
Gimmick: Mortals looking at this demon by the light of Ligier or the Unconquered Sun see a slowly fluctuating selection of their own possessions reflected in its facets. Looking at a theposal by any other light instead shows possessions the mortal/s once had but lost, or does not yet have but desires to own. These images are not individualized - a theposal standing before multiple spectators may cause some consternation as onlookers deny that it is them causing the theposal to display people or other dubious possessions among its images.
Lore: Created to carry messages and fetch goods. Bonus at finding or retrieving items for their summoners.

>>49274905
This is a miscolored Tomescu, the Clamorous Cloud Arsenals. It should be greener.

>>49274963
Jigglypugg, the Soothing Distraction, progeny of Gumela, the Jeweled Auditor
Gimmick: Exerts mental influence compelling people to look at it, to stay near it, and to refrain from violence. Very useful for bait, or more ethically, to help evacuations go smoothly.
Lore: A jigglypugg is almost impossible to cover up, hide or restrain. Even when bound, gagged, muted and placed under a tarp, it still has a preternatural ability to draw mortals to find it, who usually take pity and loose it if they can.

>>49277808
Melklet, the Reservists, progeny of Sigereth, Player of Games
Gimmick: Created by Sigereth out of spare parts and recalcitrant flesh she could not work into standard pawns and pieces, all melklet are chimeric and no two are alike of body. They are trained to step into Sigereth's war-games should regulars fall.
Lore: Sorcerers usually do not bother to summon melklet for the same reason Sigereth holds them in reserve: they have mostly similar training as baidak, the empty pawns, but inferior skill and little else in the way of useful powers.
>>
So, here I am out of boredom, scrounging through old forums regarding exalted campaign ideas.

Then here a post from 2007
>The Death Note is Saturns diary.

There is no way this wouldnĀ“t turn out to be bad.
>>
>>49279011
>Saturn's diary

Would her diary be the Life Note? If your name is erased from it, you don't die.
>>
boys give me some serious looking anime girls
>>
File: Quote From Woman Arrested.png (1MB, 1123x623px) Image search: [Google]
Quote From Woman Arrested.png
1MB, 1123x623px
>>49279971
>>
>>49279971
>>
Can anyone give me a rundown of Solar Medicine? How good is it at healing wounds and poisons in general, and cure diseases in particular? Does it focus on one patient, or can you heal entire groups at one time?
>>
>>49281491
Couple of roadblocks then charms go
>cure poison
>cure disease
>cure wound penalty
>cure injured
>cure moar injured
>cure ded
>>
>>49281582
Don't forget:
>recover motes whenever you cure
>>
>>49281582

Thanks, I've somehow got it into my head that it might be a good idea to convert Citrine Poxes of Contagion Style, and I was just wondering if there was a point if Solars could quickly and easily negate disease.
>>
>>49281491
Supernal Medicine gets access to a Charm that halves the cost of the Excellency and only has a prerequisite of one other Medicine charm. The next Charm is one free Medicine Charm per scene. Next is a full, free Excellency per scene. Etc.

If you build a combat style that keys off of Medicine, be aware it will be somewhat OP in the hands of a Supernal.
>>
Wait is DB's going to have a kickstarter?
>>
>>49260598
Don't listen to the rest of the sad idiots replying to your post. You could get away with 3 if you wanted.

You may notice most combat challenges are way below the Solar level of power. If your ST isn't a fucking moron, and understands antagonists and pacing, the fact that you have a 3 dex will be statistically relevant only in a couple fights the entire game, and maybe not even then. People who tell you "you must have dex 5" don't even play the game, or play the game with terrible STs, or are the terrible STs, because this is where the washouts of the community end up.
>>
>>49283615
It will, but there'll also be a free pdf for us to go through before backing it ala the other OPP kickstarters
>>
Anyone got the latest version of the homebrewed Infernal Charms for 3e in pdf?
>>
>>49286267
Why, did it update finally?
No, seriously, did it? I'm afraid to look.
I'm afraid to hope.
>>
>>49270809

that's part of the feel of the game, as far as I've seen. when armies are at the door, throw your dawn out, everyone else do smaller contributions on the homefront while the biggest bad faces down the combat machine.

it might help i took a lot of hints from One Piece in encounter design for this game. Not everyone's a combat machine, but having them dealing with smaller threats to their scale as the rest are preoccupied does give them heft in the scene, even if, theoretically, the dawn being there for 10 seconds would see the threat as a smear on the wall.
>>
>>49287793
I don't know, man. I hope.
>>
File: 1459087322661.png (3MB, 1600x2603px) Image search: [Google]
1459087322661.png
3MB, 1600x2603px
>>49279971

how serious are we talking senpai
>>
File: 1470992160065.jpg (654KB, 842x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1470992160065.jpg
654KB, 842x1190px
>>49279971
>>
>>49270809
>>49287911
The problem is also more or less pronounced in certain groups. Some groups ive played with didn't have a problem with each character sort of taking center stage.
>>
>>49284791
>ala the other OPP kickstarters

You mean the ones whee the team actually release a book and take the constructive criticism that's swimming in the sea of bitchfits and insults?

Because our half of that team don't do that
>>
>>49288936
>the constructive criticism that's swimming in the sea of bitchfits and insults?
Stop playing dumb, Holden. Man the hell up already.
>>
>>49282541
>he looked quizzically at his laptop screen as he read your post, unsure and skeptical of it's truthfulness
>>
Why are Abyssals sex icons, supposedly? Death isn't sexy, like, at all.
>>
>>49289174

Vampires, my man.
>>
>>49288984
What's mistaken about it?
>>
>>49289209
I can't say for certain anything is, but I'm not sure...
>>
>>49289183
>Vampires
There's nothing sexy about fucking a corpse.
>>
>>49289335
There's is quite a lot of erotic literature that says otherwise my friend.
>>
>>49289335
Grand Masquerade would beg to differ anon
>>
>>49289300
Those are all Medicine Charms.

Master Chirurgeon Meditation alters the cost the Excellency to 1m/2 dice.

Benison of Celestial Healing makes one Medicine Charm per scene free.

Life-Sculpting Hands Technique allows one free Medicine Excellency per scene.
>>
Hi Im building a sorcerer and wanted to ask about supernal occult. Does it mean that I can just throw essence limitation trough the window and start with Terrestrial, Celestial and Solar Circle spells if I have free points to spend on extra occult dots and extra charms?
>>
>>49289662
>Does it mean that I can just throw essence limitation trough the window and start with Terrestrial, Celestial and Solar Circle spells if I have free points to spend on extra occult dots and extra charms?

No; Sorcery is specifically excluded from the benefits of Supernal Occult.
>>
So I read that there was a preview of some Abyssal charms for 3E and there was one tree that people thought was 'rapey' so they're reworking it.

Any idea what thats about, or any where I can read it?
>>
File: READ NIGGA, READ.png (127KB, 242x422px) Image search: [Google]
READ NIGGA, READ.png
127KB, 242x422px
>>49289662
Read the fucking book.
>>
OK another question, can I substitute taking the Thaumaturgist merit and just take the Terrestrial circle sorcery charm and gain a shaping ritual.
>>
>>49289829

What?

As an Exalt, you get the Thaumaturgist merit for free if you take the Terrestrial Circle Sorcery Charm.
>>
>>49289855
Why would someone even put this merit there! For mortals?
>>
>>49289881

Exactly them, in fact.
>>
>>49230449
How is sidereal pronounced exactly?
>>
>>49289996
Sigh-deer-ee-ull. Pretty sure.
>>
>>49289881
Yes, plus you can take it multiple times
>>
>>49289881
Also, so that you have rules for it.

Because it's all well and good to say Exalted Sorcerers get it for free, if you don't have the text for the Background....
>>
So in the game I'm in I made a supernal crafter. ST ruled crafting abilities like second ed. I still feel like I bad character by trying to be a crafter type, we have down time, but magic materials are killing me.

I'm not having fun so what can/could I do? Make a new non-craft character? Tell the St that he's wrong and to accommodate me more?
>>
>>49290655
Get a load of mundane materials, then use chrms to hammer them into magical ones
>>
>>49290655
>ST ruled crafting abilities like second ed
But didn't change anything else to the Crafting System?

That's no good.

Also how the hell are Magical Materials a problem? Are you trying to flood the local market with Artifacts or something?
>>
>>49289747

Here, I just read http://ninjahellproductions.weebly.com/how-to-roll-as-a-dm/exalted-3e-the-rape-ghost-controversy

What the fuck happened here? Is there anywhere I can read this because this sounds like it was a big fucking deal.
>>
>>49290708
I just can't have them, magic mats are super rare and 5 dot plus; just to make a one dot artifacts. With base artifacts being 2 it's almost impossible for me.
>>
>>49289996
saJĖˆdJɹiəl or səĖˆdJɹiəl, it depends.
>>
>>49291494
Okay, so apparently 4chan doesn't like IPA symbols, lesson learned.
>>
>>49286267

Is this it (>>49248089)? I've no idea where they came from, I just picked it up as I saw it., What's this about?
>>
>>49288142

imo that should really be the default feel of it. Like a weekly episode drama where someone else takes center stage. Party dynamics don't work when nothing requires the threat level of all five players at once.

Party dynamics are for D&D games where you literally need all the party attacking and using their skills harmoniously to survive a round.

This is a character drama game, so it should make sense that certain characters take precedence in the weekly stories and the limelight moves around as things happen and others get involved.

The way I've had it (because it seems the only way to be sensible about it) is that one player's story becomes the main story during the campaign, and others follow along and will contribute but really it's still that one player's focus. They're the ones who will be tested the hardest and such.

Players gotta be okay with that for multiple reasons. First being that this isn't D&D and one player alone can handle any threat, in theory. Two, they should be able to enjoy the story being laid out, even if they're not currently the focus of it or immediately contributing to the scene. If they can't do that, why the fuck are they playing Exalted? You don't deserve ego-trip all-about-me- sessions where others encourage you to do your shit if you're not willing to do the same for other players.

The only hook to this is that the GM does have to get to everyone promptly enough. It's shitty spending a month listening to another person's story where you kinda just clean up their mess from time to time and follow along.
>>
New guy here, only heard about Exalted a couple days ago and spent a while reading up on the 2e lore (couldn't find anything on 3e unfortunately).

What are the main changes? Are the different types of Exalted still the same? Solar, Lunar, Sidereal, Terrestrial, Abyssal, Infernal? Does the game still feel like a kung-fu-magic version of the Bible in terms of creature names and descriptions?

And as I'm kinda fascinated by the idea of the Infernal Exalted and their ability to basically laugh in the face of the Yozi, does Swallow the Scorpion still exist?
>>
>>49292371
New exalt types have been added, including Exigents, the Special Snowflake exalts (there's only one of each, and each one is chosen of a specific god). We know nothing about 3e infernals to date because the 3e dev team is terrible at this whole "getting shit done" thing.
>>
>>49292395
I prefer to become a special snowflake through my own efforts, rather than because some random deity chose me. Let me guess: there's no ETA on when the 3e Infernals will be released, is there?
>>
>>49292416
I believe that as it stands, Exigents are like Celestials in that when one dies, their Exaltation flies off to find another person to Exalt. So, you can Exalt off your own accomplishments, if the timing is right.
>>
>>49292416
>Let me guess: there's no ETA on when the 3e Infernals will be released, is there?

This is an understatement.

There's no ETA on the next *splat*, which is Dragon-Blooded. DBs are just listed as "on the horizon". And in the listing of what's on the horizon, last I checked, DBs were on the horizon *below* non-splat setting books, plural.

Infernals aren't even on the horizon.
>>
>>49292371

>couldn't find anything on 3e unfortunately

Corebook and backer charms are in the OP.

>Solar, Lunar, Sidereal, Terrestrial, Abyssal, Infernal

Yes and a slew of new ones such as Exigents, Liminals, and getimians.

>Does the game still feel like a kung-fu-magic version of the Bible in terms of creature names and descriptions?

If you run it that way, yes.

>And as I'm kinda fascinated by the idea of the Infernal Exalted and their ability to basically laugh in the face of the Yozi, does Swallow the Scorpion still exist?

Devs are on record as having said that Inferals will have something similar to that from the start, but they didn't seem to elaborate. It's likely that Exigents exists to fill the "Make your own Exalt" from scratch.
>>
Do the Dragon Blooded have a great curse? If so, what was it again?

And could anyone here point me towards an return of the scarlet empress pdf? It wasnĀ“t in the op folder, unfortunally.
>>
>>49292832
The dragon-blooded only have a lesser curse. See the various aspect sections for each, it varies.
>>
>>49292540
Are the rules on Exigents in the 3e corebook, then? If so I'll probably read that and then try to figure out how to make a pseudo-Infernal with those rules.

>>49292529
That's... Incredibly disappointing. I don't even exaggerate when I state that Infernals are the entire reason I heard of Exalted and the reason I want to try it out (The Green Sun Illuminates the Void, to be exact, which is a fanfic in which Louise from ZnT becomes an Infernal). As I stated above, I'll probably look into Exigents and try to figure out how to make a pseudo-Infernal that way.

Or see if I can't find a homebrewed version of Infernals for 3e.
>>
>>49292888
>Exigent rules
Nah, the rules for those won't be seen until the Exigent book.
>>
>>49292910

Didn't they say that there won't be any rules for making them? Or was that just no rules for making Evocations in Arms of the Chosen?
>>
>>49292888
>A Green Sun Illuminates the Void
Warning: The author of that is an Infernal fanboy of the first order, as well as a houserulemonger. His depiction of Infernals greatly exaggerates their actual function in 2e, never mind what they're likely to end up being in 3e.
>>
>>49292944
There better fucking be rules for both in their books.
>>
>>49290908
I think in this situation being a crafter is suffering and i really hate saying this but either talk to your ST about the mats, form em yourself, or see if you could alter your supernal
>>
>>49290708
>But didn't change anything else to the Crafting System?
>That's no good.

It doesn't really matter that much. The only difference that anon expressed is switching out areas of expertise to the five elements. You just go from a whole bunch of divergent Craft abilities covering the numerous real-life crafter disciplines to Exalted's metaphysical elemental categories. It could even make things marginally easier by consolidating so many disciplines into a single sphere of knowledge. He was going to use the one Craft Charm to change his crafting area of expertise whenever necessary anyway, so in this case you can just leap between the elemental Craft categories.

There is, of course, the small consideration of whether they want "Magitech" to even exist anymore. I wouldn't subject a player to that myself. But if they figure out how to implement it...

It'd be more of a problem if area of expertise were categorized based off specialties you could take - this would make becoming a more general Craft genius a lot easier and more intuitive, especially if there was a rule like "your Craft specialties have to branch off one another as you buy them." But that's not the case, so it really doesn't hurt as much as you'd think.

Then again, I think the Craft system isn't worth fiddling with unless you go all in and dedicate yourself to Crafting anyway, even if I know it's technically possible, so the whole thing is one of 3e's failures in my eyes. On the other hand, I certainly don't think reverting to the previous Craft domains is going to fix anything in particular.
>>
>>49292949
>Warning: The author of that is an Infernal fanboy of the first order, as well as a houserulemonger. His depiction of Infernals greatly exaggerates their actual function in 2e, never mind what they're likely to end up being in 3e.

Can you give some details?
>>
>>49292949
Fair enough. I also made a point of noticing that almost all descriptions of Infernals and their duties came almost-exclusively from the mouth of the neomah that gave Louise her Exaltation, so I expected there to be some sort of bias in there myself.

I did my own research as well, to be fair, and liked what I saw of the Infernals.

>>49292910
Wait. So what are there even rules for, then? Solars, presumably... Are there rules for Lunars and Sidereals, or are those not even out yet? It's sounding like I should maybe try to find a 2e game instead of a 3e one, in all honesty.
>>
>>49293606
Solars only, atm. DBs are supposed to be next, and who knows after that.
>>
>>49292470
I think for the more part Exigents are one and done Exaltations. They've said that there is literally no rules own what an Exigent can be in terms of like other Exalted, so you could have a Celestial-like reoccurring Exaltation, but it definitely won't be the majority of them.
>>
>>49293606

>It's sounding like I should maybe try to find a 2e game instead of a 3e one, in all honesty.

Don't do it. Yes, the mechanics of 2e are that much worse.
>>
>>49290908

On the one hand, your ST isn't necessarily wrong to make the actual magical materials super rare and special. On the other hand, he's not really right to cut you off from it entirely.

>>49292328

This is an interesting perspective, although I'd rather look at the "one player's story becomes the main story during the campaign" direction as having the whole Circle constitutes the main cast - there may be one 'focus' hero who is the Jason of the Argonauts or the Achilles amidst the Greeks (or really any television show with a designated MC, but a thoroughly developed main cast who're often more interesting than the protagonist), but just like in an actual series, everyone has their favorite character and they all deserve spotlight.

>>49290728

It's not nearly as interesting as you think it is. There wasn't actually any big deal about it. It was just a few people getting TRIGGERED over something kinda dumb and silly. It's really not like the developers to propose concepts like that in the first place, too, so it was a big of a non-sequitur.

This isn't really a part of the controversy, but the current dev team's idea was clearly to do the sort of in-depth character readings on the Deathlords that the Yozi got via Infernal charms, which is actually a pretty cool idea even if it's one that's seriously hampered by the fact that the Deathlords are as much people unto themselves as manifestations of ideals. The Yozi probably can get away with their charmsets embodying them (even granted the devteam's pretty strong assertions about how that damaged their mystique) specifically because of their ideal-embodying nature. It's harder to hew to the Deathlords because they're smaller existences, regardless of how individually badass they are.
>>
>>49293679
Ah. Well then. It's sounding like I should give up on Exalted for a however long it takes for them to release all of the actual Exaltations, then. Or at least the ones that interest me. Which is rather unfortunate.
>>
>>49293513
>MM super expensive

Only if you buy it from established sources.

Go out and secure your own sources. You're a goddamned Solar, act like it.
>>
>>49290655
If the rules are exactly the same as 2e then do take note that is is literally impossible to fail at making an artifact. So once you have materials they will never be wasted.
>>
>>49293845
The rules are vastly different, and you can fail.

You can easily fail, if you try to reach too high above your ability.
>>
>>49293883
So is the ST just using the 2e rules or 3e rules with parts of 2e ported in?
>>
>>49292888

I like EarthScorpion and his work, I think he's a pretty smart guy and I'd have a drink with him, but, uh, he definitely knows what he likes about Exalted as a setting and he focuses on it very, very particularly. He usually has his own style which is distinctly his - interesting, but more a cool perspective to add, a strong voice in the chorus than an end-all be-all direction for the game, if you catch my drift.

>>49293565

EarthScorpion generally zones in on the esoteric and transhumanist bent of the setting, things which I personally like, but aren't Exalted's core - they're its outer limits, often dredging into the setting's more obscure cosmology. He likes getting in-depth, even somewhat convoluted, making things exotic and unusual, and being edgy (which I mostly don't mean in a bad way).

He contributed a whole ton to Terrifying Argent Witches, a 2e revision of the Lunar charmset which in my opinion works better as simply an additional supplement (Revlid apparently agrees, hence the direction of the final version he released). TAW altered the direction of Lunars to be, well, more esoteric and inhuman and unusual and edgy - some describe it as making Lunars "Silver Infernals" as opposed to "Silver Solars" as they were throughout most of 2e. ES also wrote a little fancharm document called The Book of Ten Thousand Scorpions which included stuff for every splat + some spells, but mostly focused on Infernals; I used some of its Adorjan charms myself in a game.

ES seems to have dropped off from public eye somewhat due to drama and disagreeing with the developers about the direction of 3e and the like. And drama is to be expected because welcome to Exalted's community.
>>
>>49293565
>Can you give some details?
EarthScorpion is one of the closest I've seen to a RL person with a touch of the great curse: infinite arrogant ambition and self-confidence for days and a certainty that everything, really everything, is better with Infernal transhumanism. He gives off this really creepy vibe that in the event of advanced aliens wanting to show up and annex our planet, he'd be out there cheerleading for them right after glomming as many alien augments into his body as he could. Incredibly driven, but little to no self-awareness.

Along with Revlid, ES participated in a rewrite of Lunars which is great mechanically - he really deserves acknowledgement on that point - but the fluff, particularly on ES's part, just screams "INFERNALS AGAIN". It's especially ironic in light of the fact that he originally complained Lunars were "Solars again" with Attribute instead of Ability, but this rewrite has them with loose-conceptual-association charmtrees that go by Attribute instead of Yozi and expand by Infernal insane-troll-logic.

Besides that, there's something practically... orky about EarthScorpion, and his semi-associated community at SpaceBattles/Sufficient Velocity: a love of MORE DAKKA, me not sensing the usual humor when they tell the joke that everything can be solved with explosions of sufficient size, and their seeming attitude that the only thing wrong with the Klingons is that their proud warrior race culture has not enough Wernher von Braun. It's a little disturbing, even if a lot of the writing there is good.
>>
>>49293932
Oh, I'm not that anon. I was talking about 3E crafting rules, not whatever that anon's ST is using.
>>
>>49292371
The different types of Exalted are still the same, Solar, Lunar, Terrestrial, Sidereal and Abyssal. One of those is already 'evil Solars', so there... really isn't much space left for Infernals, which were a 2e poochie. They can't really be thrown off at this point, but don't expect them to be a big deal.
>>
>>49293943
>>49293955
He's also known for being a giant sick to everyone that disagrees with him and is iirc an astrophysicist or something
>>
>>49290908
>>49293702
>On the one hand, your ST isn't necessarily wrong to make the actual magical materials super rare and special. On the other hand, he's not really right to cut you off from it entirely.

I meant to go more into this.

I agree with >>49293479; you should discuss this with your ST. Maybe the players should enter into a Manse (if they're that kind of Circle) and find a cache of orichalcum ingots or somesuch?

What it comes down to is that he needs to let you play your character and be awesome at your character's thing. He needs to facilitate your Crafting of cool shit. He doesn't need to let you become a one-man factory manufacturing extremely strong Artifacts such that said cool shit stops being special and ends up being exploitable, but the 3e Craft system totally does this on its own until you get to much higher Essence, though I forget exactly when the "singularity" for lack of a better term occurs. Although said Crafting singularity might be desirable to you as a player and he as an ST, depending on where the narrative is going - and you might just not have downtime if things are getting particularly crazy... but I'm rambling at this point. The ST should be able to keep things going at an appropriate pace if he's paying attention.

>>49293808

You're posting at the wrong anon, bro.

But that is good advice, granted.
>>
>>49293955
>ES
>creepy

He's an arrogant dude on the Internet who writes involved/convoluted/edgy shit about Exalted. Being intimidated by him is giving him way too much credit.

I didn't really notice the orky side of ES, but he does do the "moar firepower = problem solved" shit occasionally, huh? I took him for more of the intellectual sort, but there is that brute force angle in some of his writing.

Everything else is a valid impression, though.
>>
>>49294196
Maybe I had a poor word choice there. I'm not worried in the manner that comes to mind when I personally think of "intimidation". I figure he and I are about equally ranked for pasty nerds that would flail ineffectively at each other in a fight, and prefer to ever avoid starting one. What I'm trying to convey by "creepy" is more the feeling that one day he's going to try to pull some nasty stunt when he thinks nobody is watching, like burning down a church because he thinks it's holding back the Glorious March Of Scientific Progress.
>>
Same new guy interested in Infernals here. Probably a stupid question, given that I haven't had the time to read through the corebook and am currently in a Roll20 game, but I wanted to know.

What exactly is a Klaive?
>>
>>49294438
What, like a Daiklaive?

Big sword
>>
I've three gours left to DM a table, will a quick read through be enough for character creation and an introductory adventure?
>>
>>49294755

Not really, no. Exalted is a pretty chunky system; with newbies I usually devote the first session solely to character creation.
>>
>>49291724
Nope, that's the 2e one.
>>
>>49293943

>The Book of Ten Thousand Scorpions

Got a link to this? What else did EarthScorpion write? Fantasy Transhumanism isn't nearly explored enough and it's one of the reasons I loved Infernals, though I agree that it's very much the outer periphery on what Exalted is supposed to be.
>>
>>49295007

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1jmxwx7FPXA-jzWJiv2fyCGeJQGQu2QomFTs5j45mPec
>>
Hey, so, Solar Melee is supposed to be just "the general best" at combat in a plain systemic sense. I was wondering what charms in particular contributed to it being as generally strong as it apparently is. Or is it just the fact that it's a huge sprawling charmset that covers a whole fuckton of the system?
>>
>>49295095

Solid defense (Fivefold Bulwark Stance, Defend Other tricks), solid offense (efficient flurry Charms), got counterattacks and clashes.
>>
File: 3b8d059468b4c7e93def4089142b2c87.jpg (732KB, 1446x2045px) Image search: [Google]
3b8d059468b4c7e93def4089142b2c87.jpg
732KB, 1446x2045px
>>49295109

thank you anon
>>
>>49295206
Dodge and Resistance are not to be underestimated.

Dodge has defensive initiative theft and distance creators, something Melee doesn't offer.

Resistance offers soak, hardness, more damage buffer before going ded, and healing in combat and out.
>>
>>49295095
What >>49295109 said, plus accuracy is king and Melee is extremely accurate. Other Charmsets have stupid damage outputs or other stuff like that, but Melee has a couple really good accuracy enhancing Charms.

On a sliding scale from "only does anything if you're up against someone you could beat anyway" to "will turn a fight from a likely defeat to a likely success," accuracy (and by extension, Melee) is way over on the right, while, say, Steel Devil's retarded multiattacks are over on the very far left.
>>
Would the game break down if one removed Evocations?
>>
>>49295508
It would make Solars weaker, as they are the masters of it and get the most bang for their buck from it.
>>
>>49295508
Depends on what you replaced them with.
>>
>>49295508

Not really, but weight and tags would be the only thing differentiating Artefacts,
>>
Has anyone made a compilation folder to download of all the suggested resources in the 3rd ed book?
>>
>>49295521
>It would make Solars weaker

Yeah, poor Solar. All they'll have left is the best charms, top level of Sorcery, best excellencies and biggest mote pool
>>
>>49295508
It wouldn't break, it'd just be less.

Wake the Sleeper wouldn't work but it's a horribly designed Charm anyway.
>>
>>49295581
Solars might still be top of the heap, but the gap to the lowest Exalted isn't looking to be that big.

It's like someone with a dice pool of 10 vs a dice pool of 5. They generally win, but it's not a guarantee.
>>
>>49295625
>dice pool of 10 vs a dice pool of 5
>They generally win, but it's not a guarantee

Okay, what does that even mean?

If someone has a dicepool of 1, and the other guy has a dicepool of 100, the person with the dicepool of 100 generally wins, but it's not a guarantee because hey, he could roll all 1s!

I sure as hell wouldn't bet anything on that 1, but it's not a guarantee that he loses!

Seriously, though. 5 dice is a damn big advantage over someone, what are you smoking?
>>
>>49295625
>>49295995

The gap's not even "five dice" big, if you look at martial arts as our only cross-tier measuring stick right now (Sorcery is only soft-capped, and the Excellencies range from "literally Solar-tier or better" [Sidereals and Lunars] to "worst but gets there over time" [Liminals, DBs], which further supports the gap being reeaally thin).

The biggest advantage Solars have in MA is Supernal, not Mastery, for example. If you take that away it doesn't take that many Terrestrial-level stylists to beat them. Assuming you're only using MA Charms, of course.
>>
>>49293943
>>49293955
>EarthScorpion is one of the closest I've seen to a RL person with a touch of the great curse: infinite arrogant ambition and self-confidence for days and a certainty that everything, really everything, is better with Infernal transhumanism. He gives off this really creepy vibe that in the event of advanced aliens wanting to show up and annex our planet, he'd be out there cheerleading for them right after glomming as many alien augments into his body as he could. Incredibly driven, but little to no self-awareness.
>>49294196

EarthScorpion is such an asshole. I'm only passably familiar with his Exalted stuff which some of it is pretty good. I'm mostly familiar with how much of an arrogant asshole he is on SB/SV.

Plus I'm stilled mad that he abandoned Aeon Entelechy Evangelion since it was such an amazing fic. The world building was so so good.

Anyway what exactly has he written for Exalted? I know about TAW and The Book of Ten Thousand Scorpions. I also know he's helping make an alternate 3e on SV.
>>
>>49295581
>Biggest mote pool
Actually, some other exalt types have more total notes than Solars until high Essence. An E1 Lunar has more total motes than an E1 Solar, and IIRC they maintain that lead until E4 or E3.
>>
Does anyone know if there are homebrew rules for Infernals in 3e? I'm in a discussion currently with another anon over the feasibility of running an all-Infernals game.
>>
>>49296858

Homebrew folder in the OP. That should've been the first place you looked.
>>
>>49295508
Well it'd go back to the older problem of artifact weapons honestly being kinda dull. They'd just be weapons scaled up a bit and with a shiny affect thrown on. Still playable of course, just not as fun
>>
>>49296946
I'm an illiterate moron. Thanks, anon.
>>
Ok what are the disadvantages of getting up in the morning and putting on Invulnerable skin of bronze every day?
>>
>>49297097
People might notice you appear to be made of Bronze and alert the Wyld Hunt in case you're a Demon or a Fair Folk or something
>>
>>49297097
I think it only lasts for a scene.
Also a walking bronze statue is going to turn some heads
>>
>>49297097

It will be obvious t everyone you are some sort of sorceror, you will sink in water and mud, fragile surfaces won't support your weight. It is, however, a pretty Exalted thing to do to display your power over everyone in this manner.
>>
>>49297163
So you're saying they'll weigh more than a duck?

On a more serious note: I can't find any reference images for Infernal caste-marks. Would anyone happen to have an image or a link handy?
>>
>>49297992
Oh. And in a very belated addition: while Green Sun Illuminates the Void was my first introduction to Exalted, it isn't my only one. I've also read Glorious Shotgun Princess, and am currently reading Keychain of Creation.
>>
File: TheCasteMarks2_zpsd4ea2953.png (248KB, 950x815px) Image search: [Google]
TheCasteMarks2_zpsd4ea2953.png
248KB, 950x815px
>>49297992
>>49298014

Also bear in mind that any rival sorcerer can try to distort your spells, but that shouldn't happen often.

Here's a pretty shit picture of the caste mark some did in MS Paint. These marks were unlike the splat of any other so were subject to many fan redesigns.

Keychain of Creation is well loved here, but has long since died.
>>
>>49298175
IT'S NOT DEAD

ONE DAY HE WILL FINISH IT
>>
>>49298175

That not the image I posted. Ignore the Nocturnals, they're a fan splat.
>>
>>49298175
Ah, I found that but assumed it was non-canon fan-art. Also I had no clue what the Malefactor and Deflier caste-marks were supposed to be. Nor how to tell apart a Midnight Abyssal caste-mark from a Fiend Infernal one.
>>
>>49298290

Malefactor caste mark is supposed to be a silver hourglass. Defiler one is an eye with a green flame for the pupil.

The Midnight caste mark and the Fiend mark are nearly identical; the text tries to differentiate them by saying that the Fiend mark is more like a hole in your head, a blackness with "emptiness" to it, whereas the Midnight mark is a "solid" blackness, but that doesn't come through basically ever and it would be fucking stupid to split hairs that finely over caste marks.

tl;dr: Yeah those are the real marks, Fiends had a shitty one
>>
>his Fiend caste don't have an endless spiral instead of a black circle
>>
>>49298290
>>49298328

Don't forget, Infernal caste names and marks are being scrapped for new ones in Ex3.
>>
>>49298352
Yeah, sure, in a decade or so when they get around to actually writing the Infernals book. In the meantime, another anon and I are working on trying to potentially get an all-Infernal game running using the homebrewed Infernals from the OP. So for now we'll be using the 2e caste names and marks.
>>
>>49298379

At least we got an Infernal waifu before any other splat bar Solars got theirs.
>>
>>49298405
Oh shit, neat! Also she looks a lot like what I was kinda-roughly planning for my Slayer to look like, which is good.

Out of curiosity. Would anyone here be interested in GMing or playing in an all-Infernal game of 3e Exalted? Using the Homebrewed Infernals from the OP?
>>
>>49298510
Addendum: if you are interested, contact afa1992 or darkspineryenzx on Skype - preferably the latter, he's handling looking for people.
>>
>>49297114
But isn't that something sorcerers do? Like in normal people do?
>>
>>49298596
People IRL get stabbed for wearing a turban

Try being a guy who is made of metal

Sorcery is some deeply weird shit most people will never see, chances are the average guy won't differentiate between "oh he's bronze but generally harmless" and "holy fuck metal men are coming to kill me and my kids"
>>
>>49297117
You need to learn how to read. It's duration is one day.
>>
>>49298405

those're some tits
>>
>>49298774

Yeah, Holden said that if he had enough money, he would have commissioned an image where she "would probably be wearing significantly less (only jewels and golden adornments), lounging on a mound of jade and silver and fine furs, with blood-apes waving peacock-feather fans at her, an angyalka playing Time for her pleasure, and servant-boys pouring fine wine into a jeweled chalice held in one blood-stained hand."

So that should tell you about her personality right there.
>>
>>49298888

her only worthwhile quality is her tits, then? i see
>>
>>49298634
>People IRL get stabbed for wearing a turban
In which country? Certainly not in the West, where wearing a turban absoves you of any moral responsibility for your actions.
>>
>>49299192

Kind of? Well, mostly.She looks like she might have the ass to go with it. Hips, definitely. Here's the rest of her backstory.

"Basphomy in Verdigris was a minor Tengese political pawn, alternately victimized by the occupying forces of the Realm and resistance elements of weak and disorganized An-Teng underground, who sought to be the tool of neither yet was forced into being a catspaw for both-- and eventually a killer for the underground, though she knew she was viewed as a disposable asset to be used up and thrown away.
She's taken the stolen might of a Solar Exaltation as reason to swear she'll never bow to anyone or anything ever again, and has come to view the world as her oyster-- she knows there are few things that can gainsay even her least desire now, and her retinue of demonic servants and handful of demon lovers have assured her that this is a completely proper attitude for one of her elevated station. Two years ago she was a Tengese pawn who had nothing; now she wears only the finest silks and the most beautiful jewelry (when she bothers to clothe herself at all, which is rarely, for her skin is like the finest armor), wields paired blades older than any standing nation in the world, takes what catches her fancy, and kills with poisonous green fire when offended. When this host of blessings is insufficient, Basphomy in Verdigris calls upon a terror chained in the depths of her Essence, and becomes a lean and eyeless dragon, whose screams are sonic hammers sufficient to shatter marble and explode flesh."
>>
If anyone is going to make a new thread, can they update the link in the OP to the backer charms? The current one is just plaintext.
>>
>>49296088
And even then, as you get five motes per turn, actually using the dice advantage in combat isn't really worth it.

If you really need the dice advantage, you are going to end up without essence pretty fast. There are much better ways to spend the five motes/turn than just buying dice for an instant.

On non-combat situations, then it's fine, I suppose. Then the need for solar secrecy usually limits you to spending this much essence on personal motes, though.
>>
>>49296858

As the person who wrote the thing?

Its no where near done yet. I mean Adorjan/SWL would work fine and Cecelyne users can also work, but Malfeas needs a rework (His attacking those who use defend other charm makes me sick just by looking at it) and ED is no where close to done.

I haven't abandoned it completely though. Still trying.
>>
>>49292371
You aren't new. Nobody who is new gives a shit about the Infernals unless they were tainted by some other 2E neckbeard.
>>
>>49300690

Oh, and half of Markduth's charmset, which is optional but I'm doing it anyways as Gaints are cool.
>>
>>49299412
>becomes a lean and eyeless dragon, whose screams are sonic hammers sufficient to shatter marble and explode flesh

i wanna put it in a collar and call it george
>>
>>49299412
>When this host of blessings is insufficient, Basphomy in Verdigris calls upon a terror chained in the depths of her Essence, and becomes a lean and eyeless dragon, whose screams are sonic hammers sufficient to shatter marble and explode flesh."

I really hope that 3e Infernals keep this Shintai aspect. Transforming into a final form is really cool.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.