[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 35

File: Liadrin.jpg (121KB, 617x939px) Image search: [Google]
Liadrin.jpg
121KB, 617x939px
Can Paladins Do Anything Right? edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs.

Previous thread: >>49192770
>>
>>49227874
>tfw you realize that they made Thrall get depressed because if someone gave DS-WoD era-Thrall the Hammer of Khaz'goroth, all threats to Azeroth would be permanently BTFO
>>
>>49228386
Second for best Matriarch.
>>
>>49228386
>paladins
>fixers of shit
>pick one
everyone knows the only classes worth a damn are death knights, warriors, shamans, druids and mages. also rogues, but only because of utility purposes, everything else can eat a dick.
>>
>>49228717
>be paladin
>belong to the order that created both Lich Kings
>literally any time a paladin wins at something, it's because the Light directly intervened after the paladin themselves fucked up at every opportunity
>people still willingly circle jerk over a class that has done literally nothing except let death knights and the armies of the Horde and Alliance fight their battles for them
>>
Were there ever any old world rumors about shaman like there were with the ashbringer?

Now that they have the doomhammer I'm curious about what special hidden effects/appearances it could have since its one of the more established artifacts.
>>
>>49229036
i seriously don't know why you lot even try, at least your not all fucking warlocks yet.
>>
>>49229205
so i know the fist of Ra-Den, Ra-Den is the dickhead titan who made the mogu, straight up makes lesser and greater elementals friendly towards them since i'm primarily ele spec and i haven't heard anything in the class hall so idk.
>>
>>49229205
There's a skin called Zandalar Champion for Enh on wowhead but I don't think anyone knows where it comes from.
>>
>>49229305
>enh shamans are now furiously soloing Mogu'Shan Vaults and ToT to try and find their artifact skin
>it's actually from ZG
>Blizzard's face when
>>
>>49229036
>Try helping in Lordaeron
>Faggot Prince claiming to be a Paladin ruins fucking everything
>Try helping in Kalimdor
>Shot dead by Amazons out of nowhere
>Try helping in Vanilla
>Literally got walked over by demons and a couple of Scourge left over for Kel'Thuzad
>Try helping in Northerend
>Major leader dies because fucking Sylvanas kept a couple plague barrels lying around, Horde and Alliance fighting bars the way all the way to fucking Icecrown, a fucking Old God awakens, and to top it off we have to hold a 'Tournament' to stop the bastards from fighting again. AND THEN THEY FUCKING DO FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN A PISSING MATCH.
>Decide to actually put our feet down and try rebuilding stuff in Cata and Mists, goes well.
>Yrel slanders the very word 'Paladin' by being a sparkly Mary Sue with a banshee voice in WoD
>Literally the spitoon of DKs in WoD.

At what point do we say Fuck It and commit mass suicide.
>>
>>49229344
Watch it actually be from a hexed frog in ZA.
>>
>>49229036
Both Lks? You know Ner'zhul is a thing.

Arthas existing past the merge was a mistake.
>>
>>49229493
>Uther's terrible teaching and mentorship leads Arthas straight into the jaws of the Scourge
>Bolvar charges headfirst into a trap and then goes insane and starts demanding Tirion let him be the Lich King
>>
>>49229493
The LK being Arthas and Ner'zhul merged should've been more obvious; the Horde should've been baying for the First Necrolyte's blood as hard as the Alliance was for Arthas's, because the LK was ultimately the antithesis of the whole "the world is save when red and blue come together." idea. He's red and blue and he's gonna fuck the world to death.
>>
>>49229365
>At what point do we say Fuck It and commit mass suicide.

Ask daddy Ner'zhul.

Alternatively, you should have died with uther.
>>
What's the consensus on the Void Lords crap that they've been adding?
>>
>>49229849
its on par with blizzards usual dumbshittery for me at least.
>>
>>49229827
I RP my undead warrior as a former member of the Silver Hand. Now, he wrecks shit with the valkyr backing him up.

And on that note, the only reason he would have gone for Sylv's dumbassery is so he could stab her in the back, Genn just got there first.
>>
File: 06 - DsMWUtb.png (191KB, 285x268px) Image search: [Google]
06 - DsMWUtb.png
191KB, 285x268px
>>49229997

>undead paladins never.
>>
File: Ben Brode laughing3.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ben Brode laughing3.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>49229997
>And on that note, the only reason he would have gone for Sylv's dumbassery is so he could stab her in the back, Genn just got there first.
playing a Horde death knight in Stormheim is silly
>already finished the missions where I destroy Stromgarde and free Koltira
>Sylvanas calls me up and is like "yo I need you to do some shit"
>mfw
>>
>>49229365
>we were helping
>ruin everything
paladins, not even once.
>>
>>49229793
It should've been Arthas body as the vessel and Ner'zhul governing it like og dks.
>>
>>49230024
Don't remind me. The suffering is real.

>>49230055
Yeah, I don't get it either. Some of it is pants-on-head-retarded. I also wish the Ebon Blade had just wrecked the Undercity to further bloody Sylv's nose and let her know that they are not to be fucked with.
>>
>>49230238
>I also wish the Ebon Blade had just wrecked the Undercity to further bloody Sylv's nose and let her know that they are not to be fucked with.
But anon, that'd mean Sylvanas lost at something. We can't have that, it'd hurt Kosak's fee-fees.
>>
>>49229793
what did ner'zhul do to the horde that compares to what arthas did to the former members of the alliance?
>>
>>49230800
Blew up their homeworld? Spread the plague and ruined their lives?
>>
>>49230996
>blew up their homeworld
and how many orcs know that it was ner'zhul who did that?

4skin and blood elves have legit reasons as a race to go after arthas. The trolls, orcs and tauren don't.
>>
>>49231023
>The trolls, orcs and tauren don't.

Besides the fact he attacked them and has a growing undead army.
>>
>>49231089
to them he is generic threat 134q43365345
>>
>>49231464
Until he wasn't and he became the defacto threat.
>>
>Dat Havoc Demon Hunter artifact quest
Damn, it was nothing.
>>
so interesting Tidbit, take it as you will for ingame WoW, if you guys know about the Daglop's contract area in aszuna. you would know theres a fuckton of weird shit down by that area, such as a leyline to charlie the unicorn and other such shit, i ran into an NPC called the long forgotten hippogryph down there and killed it thinking it would drop something, it dropped like gold and unbroken claws and stuff, i think its a rare drop from that rare spawn to get the mount.
just random tidbits of info.
>>
>>49232174
shit wrong tab,
>>
>>49230024
Name 5 undead paladins that exist or have existed
>>
>>49232623
Name five Tauren paladins that existed before Cataclysm.

Name five Blood or High Elf Paladin that existed before Burning Crusade.

Name ONE Dwarf Paladin who existed before WoW.
>>
>>49232929
t. chris metzen coming out of the bathroom after testing the blow.
>>
>>49232929
Yo Night Elf Paladin's when. There is a Night Elf Paladin follower now, just make it be a thing already!
>>
>>49233893
She's probably just a weirdly represented Priestess of the Moon, since she's showed up a few times as an NPC with the <Priestess of the Moon> title.
>>
>>49234055
>Moonadins
>all their glowy bits are silver instead of gold

It'd be the easiest thing.
>>
>>49234055
She becomes a Paladin after visiting Light's Hope and realizing that Paladins are way cooler than Priests.
>>
>>49234055

She explicitly asks to enlist and be trained as a Knight of the Silver Hand, though.

So, yeah, close enough to the Aponi Brightmane scene in Wrath that I'd be shocked if we DON'T get Night Elf Paladins in whatever the next expansion is.
Especially if Azshara and N'zoth do get their own expansion instead of being the mid-expansion interlude for Legion, plate wearing Crusaders of Elune would make perfect sense for storming Nazjatar.
>>
>>49234259
Didn't Tauren Paladins get added in like the middle of the expansion?
>>
>>49234488
Nah, they came with Cata.
>>
>>49234096
>>all their glowy bits are silver instead of gold
its too much effort. think about the foam swords goyim!
>>
>>49234096
Fucking Nightelf priests STILL don't have silver/blue/purple glows. It wouldn't happen with moonadins either.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_090816_003809.jpg (857KB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_090816_003809.jpg
857KB, 3440x1440px
Does anyone else think this could be Elune? I mean the city is literally called "Silver Moon". The other statues and the focus on the sun makes me wonder if there was a Kal'dorei pantheon that was suppressed in favor of Elune.

This statue appears in several places in Silvermoon, and there's a similar statue in the Nar'thalas Academy.
>>
So are there addons that give you actual boomstick sounds for your guns?

Because holy shit hunters have pellet launchers from the sound of things now.
>>
>>49234610
its a generic highborne person. Since the elves founded silvermoon soon after their exile, it would make sense for them to keep their traditions and cultural icons arrive.

A real world example would be the ionian greeks that the persians exiled to the punjab. they kept their culture intact for some time even as they integrated into the local population.
>>
>>49234632
There are add-ons that take the gun sound out so probably
>>
>>49234610
lemme whip out the ol' copy of Chronicle real quick:

>Thereafter, the Highborne abandoned their traditional worship of the moon, instead taking their strength from the sun. in time, they would even be known by a new name: high elves.
>>
>>49234697
Is Chronicle worth pirating?

If yes, anyone got a link?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_090816_003122.jpg (398KB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_090816_003122.jpg
398KB, 3440x1440px
>>49234686
That makes sense.

>>49234697
I forgot about that.

>>49234786
Yeah, I enjoyed it immensely. I wish I knew where it was though.
>>
File: HUMANS YEAAAAAAAAAH.jpg (2MB, 1040x1536px) Image search: [Google]
HUMANS YEAAAAAAAAAH.jpg
2MB, 1040x1536px
>>49234786
It's worth it for the art alone!
>>
>>49235542
Yes, get fucked Amani niggers

So where do I pirate it? All I've found are ads and survey scams
>>
>>49235585
oh, no idea. I got myself a physical copy because Blizzard's got their hands deeper in my wallets than any sane man should allow.
>>
So what's happened in Legion so far? Who has died? How are they shitting out legendary weapons? How do Demon Hunters join the Alliance/Horde?
>>
>>49235645
alright so:
>Broken Shore happens, it's a massive disaster. The Argent Crusade gets slaughtered, the Horde pussies out, and the Alliance gets hit by every named Demon from every raid because Demons don't die unless you kill 'em in the Twisting Nether
>so Tirion, Varian, and Vol'Jin are all dead
>Thall gives up on life, literally drops the Doomhammer into the Maelstrom
>that's where one of the Shaman specs gets their Artifact
>Sylvanas "if it serves the Light smother it in Blight" Windrunner becomes Warchief of the Horde
>Anduin becomes King of Stormwind
>Jaina spergs out and gets ousted from her position as head of the Kirin Tor, with Khadgar taking her place and letting the Blood Elves back into Dalaran
>The Illidari get let out of prison by Maeiv, who refers them to Khadgar. Also one saves the life of everyone at Varian's funeral.
>BTW in turns out Illidan did nothing wrong in the stupidest way possible
>like he's SC2 Kerrigan-tier dindu nuffin
>Greymane and Admiral Rogers tear ass through the sky to fight Sylvanas
>Sylvanas meanwhile is trying to seize control of the Not Evil Val'Kyr who are loyal to the Titan Keeper Odyn
>Anduin is sad
>Velen's Eredar son shows up, ravages the Exodar with a demon army. Velen loses faith, orders the Exodar to be repaired so he can attack Argus
>Turalyon has fought a 1000 year war against the Legion, thanks to Magic and/or Light shenanigans, and sent the core of an uber powerful Naaru back as a 'well we're fucked so have all the knowledge of how to beat them' sort of deal
>DREADLORDS EVERYWHERE
>Kul Tiras marines actually show up as shipwrecked captives of sea giants
>Bolvar's active again. The Ebon Blade willingly serves him, despite probably being evil. You rez Nazgrim, Whitemane, THORAS Trollbane as three members of a reconstituted Four Horsemen
>they fail to get Tirion, so they settle for Darion
>Artifact Weapons come from a bunch of locations
>it would take way too long to list right now
>Ysera gets CORRUPTED.COM
>>
>>49235645
Tirion died, Ysera died, Sylvanas and the Forsaken are now doomed to a slow extinction, Thrall got PTSD after getting triggered by elementals calling him a bitch cunt, Illidan is a super starchild the head Naaru has chosen to lead the people of the Light against the Niggering Legion, Vanessa VanQueef is the rogue player characters personal bitch, death knights now work for the Lich King again who is gearing up for another war on the living, Vol'Jin got his pussy penetrated amd died, Varian got his ass stabbed and blew up (literally), Maiev a crazy, Tyrande drips pussy juice everywhere when she mentions Malfurion, we have drow elves now, old god N'Zoth is making moves, Nazgrim and Whitemane are death knights now, Jaina is super pissed, Khadgar made Dalaran his bouncy meme castle, Velen is super butthurt about us killing his demon son.

That's some of it.
>>
>>49235818
>>49235909

Shit sounds fucked.

Follow up question: is it any fun?
>>
>>49235645
One of the Wardens betray the order, so they release all the Demon Hunters that they captured after Illidan's defeat to try and stop the traitor and Gul'dan from stealing Illidan, but they fail.

Demons start to infiltrate and attack Azeroth, and the Demon Hunters earn everyone's trust by revealing the infiltrators.

Gul'dan uses the Tomb of Sagaras to open a portal for the Legion, so both sides stage an offense against the Tomb, and get their asses handed to them. Vol'jin gets stabbed and the Horde are overrun, so they pull back, leaving the Alliance to fend for themselves. Alliance pulls back, Varien stays behind to allow them to escape and is killed. Vol'jin names Sylvanis as the new Warchief and dies from his wounds.

After getting their asses handed to them, all the various orders of Azeroth figure they need more power to fight the Legion, so everyone starts scrounging up any weapons of legend they can find.

So far, I've only done the Shaman and the Unholy Death Knight's weapons. Thrall gives you Doomhammer after helping him recover it from Deepholm after a demon attack on the Earthen Ring at the Mealstrom. The Resto's is a scepter the Naga of Vashj'ir are using to mind control Sea Giants to help them. Elemental recovers a Titan weapon being held at the Temple of the White Tiger after proving themselves. Unholy's is a powerful sword you get back from the Black Riders of Karazhan, after finding their stronghold and killing their leader.
>>
>>49235928
I like it well enough. It's too early to tell if it has any staying power tho.
>>
>>49235928
Questing on the Broken Isles is actually fun the first time around. Second time it gets a bit tedious and you're really only paying attention to your class campaign.

Third and so forth time(s) around it may get mind numbingly boring.

Some class order halls are lackluster or don't exactly accommodate for having a character that belongs to a different race (such as orc, draenei or troll warriors going to titan-made valhalla) but they're nice enough places.

Just... the time to complete follower missions can get a bit ludicrous... we're talking DAYS if you don't have the correct counters on your followers. So those may chokepoint and throttle your storyline advancement.
>>
>>49235932

The Disc Priest weapon you fetch by heading back to Northrend and digging it out from Malygos's old vault of stuff. You get to go back into the old Nexus five man and the dragon there goes all "If you're looking to loot the place you're shit outta luck. They cleaned this place out of everything worth stealing ages ago. Oh, Light's Wrath? Ye that's still here, it's basically unusable tho so I don't know why you want it unless you have superhuman willpower to tame it."

The Shadow Priest knaifu has you kick in the teeth of Benedictus's replacement, who ALSO turned out to be Twilight's Hammer, to prevent him from rezzing some Faceless One general. Then the baeblade tells you it would totally be a good idea to consume the essence of the dead old one so no one could ever bring it back again and this will never come back to bite you. You decide this is a great idea and obey the dagger you just saw betray its former owner
>>
>>49235928
As others have said, it's alright... at first.

Unfortunately, like Warlords, there are infinite recursive gating mechanisms on basically every ingame action, so most of the actual fun gets sucked out of the game by twiddly mechanical things. You can't even really explore until the game tells you to.
>>
>>49236241
It's good to know they recycle Artifact quest locations... Arcane Mages goes to The Nexus and the dragon says the same shit, and as an Arms Warrior you go to the same camp as Shadow Priests and kill the same Faceless dude.
>>
>>49235928
>Questing on the Broken Isles is actually fun the first time around. Second time it gets a bit tedious and you're really only paying attention to your class campaign.

>Third and so forth time(s) around it may get mind numbingly boring.

>>49235928
Unfortunately, like Warlords, there are infinite recursive gating mechanisms on basically every ingame action

these are the only things keeping me from even leveling an alt. Blizzard is making the first time questing through areas pretty fun, but I don't even want to bother grinding through it all on a second character. Level 110 heirlooms when
>>
>>49236325
They recycle class hall locations too. Warlocks and Paladins both go to the same Legion world on a rescue mission.
>>
Is it just me, or did the Legion lose the succubi? Or are they just not fielding them this time around because it's more like a true open war?
>>
>>49236325
Could be worse. Could be the Havoc DH's quest, where you auto-fly to a place, kill a few demons, and then fight a boss until he goes "Fuck these weapons, they're only ilvl 750, pieces of shit!" and runs away after dropping them for you.

>>49236224
It was really not made alt-friendly in mind.
>>
I do like the fact that as an Unholy DK you actually get a real Runeblade, not one you've just stuck some random ones on. It actually feels like I'm playing a champion of the Lich King, shame its the wrong one, but its much better than running around with random boss drop sword with Stone Gargoyle on it.
>>
>>49236450
A lot of their mooks got replaced by red Dreanei.
>>
>>49236459
wait. that hilarious foam sword is actually a runeblade?
>>
>>49236527
Dreadlord forged and everything.
>>
>>49229269
It was mentioned in the last thread that when you wield the Fist of Ra-Den, all non-boss elementals are instantly non-hostile to you. The elements know not to fuck with you.
>>
So, why are the Shivarra allied to Illidari?

Are they enslaved? They don't give impression of slaves though.
Are they enamored in the hot edgy elves?
Or are they pursuing their own goals and using gullible mortals to make it easier for them? If so, what goals would those be? Are they ideologically aligned with Illidari in "not wanting burning legion to fuck up worlds", or do they only seek better standing and more power in the legion itself?

>>49235818
>Sylvanas "if it serves the Light smother it in Blight" Windrunner
I like your style
>>
>>49229365
>Horde and Alliance fighting bars the way all the way to fucking Icecrown [...] and to top it off we have to hold a 'Tournament' to stop the bastards from fighting again. AND THEN THEY FUCKING DO FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN A PISSING MATCH.
I would chalk that up to Alliance/Horde ego more than paladin incompetence. No paladin can reasonably mediate that relationship, especially when the powers that be seem to go out of their way to ensure the war resumes.
>>
>>49235928
>affliction warlocks get a soul eating scythe used in the first war that was locked under karazan in the sewers (which no one in all the time between medivh dying and everyone raiding no one thought to check) guarded by undead horsemen that medivh enslaved to hunt for magicl shit

>demonology warlocks get the skull of the first eradar warlock and kills the guy that the guy you killed to get your class halls boss

>destruction warlocks are the true heroes of the expac since they steal the staff of sergeras right from under gul'dan who was going to use it to open even more and larger portals to summon more demons and kills off a fuck ton of demons with the unstable ritual backfireing.
>>
>>49236672
Probably that third one. They're definitely evil, but they may not be Burning Legion evil.
>>
>>49235818
>Sylvanas "if it serves the Light smother it in Blight" Windrunner
11/9
>>
>>49235909
>Khadgar made Dalaran his bouncy meme castle
JUST dank enough
>>
File: sxjrki5c8g5o.gif (2MB, 381x540px) Image search: [Google]
sxjrki5c8g5o.gif
2MB, 381x540px
>>49236672
Many member races of the Burning Legion were, at one point, individual demon races who eventually threw in with the Legion. The Shivarra (and the succubus race as well, sayaad) are two of those demon races. The fact they can turn against the Legion and willingly throw in with the Illidari is testament enough to this.
>>
>>49236991

noice
>>
File: 4kli7ndjz5t9.gif (1MB, 365x538px) Image search: [Google]
4kli7ndjz5t9.gif
1MB, 365x538px
>>49237085
>Only demon hunters are allowed to smash this
>>
>>49237101
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

im buying Legion
>>
>>49236991
>>49237101
Hot damn there goes No-Fap September
>>
>>49237101
And warlocks.
>>
>>49236991
>bounce on dat loincloth

wew lad, "she" hidin something under there
>>
>>49237120
But we already have our loving succubi, how could we betray them so?
fuck you the old RPG books are canon to me
>>
File: dick.jpg (81KB, 350x428px) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
81KB, 350x428px
>>49237125
>>
>>49237101
>tfw they murdered Warlocks and made Grimoire of Supremacy stupid
>can't summon a Shivarra without a glyph
>>
>>49237372
I wouldn't mind the new demonology so much if it wasn't so mind-numbingly boring. its just spamming demonic empowerment constantly.
>>
>>49236672
Apparently, demons themselves are addicted to fel. Reliquiary of Souls in Black Temple somehow could cure the addiction, Ilidan used it to free his demons from Legion, but for some reason kept it secret from blood elves, even though it could solve their problem with the loss of Sunwell forever.
>>
>>49228630
I want to give that matriarch an heir
>>
>>49237919
but blood elves are addicted to magic in general.
They need something, no matter what type of energy it is.
>>
File: b001.jpg (176KB, 869x1255px) Image search: [Google]
b001.jpg
176KB, 869x1255px
>Strongest class lorewise
>Strongest Artifact lorewise
>Strongest class hall and members of said class lorewise henceforth known as the class' "Team"
>Strongest class lorewise with their artifact and team
>Favourite class, hall, set of members and artifact
>>
>>49237985

>easily shamans without a question since they control entire planes of bullshit to summon at will as well as the druids ability to control nature and the elements itself

>not sure on strongest artifact, but i bet that one knife made from an old god is probably towards the top, and i'm gonna say the fist of Ra-Den as the other contender since it was literally a titan's personal weapon used to do shaman shit which leads to the earlier point of shamans lorewise are bullshit

> i almost want to say DK's take it hands down flat since they straight up control the new lich king and have a full out and out fresh new scourge led by all the old veteren scourge.

>strongest class individually is shaman between all 3 specs have bullshit lorewise weapons with 2 of the 3 actually being famous even in game as thralls weapon and azsara's personal weapon respectively; overall however DK's have it with the scourge shit AND they reforged frostmourne into 2 weapons to use.
>honestly i'm partial to the warriors, cause holy fuck torturing ymiron is the single most amusing this this expansion.
>>
>>49236325
The only classes which uses only unique artifact questing locations is shaman and monk
>>
>>49238128
>titan's personal weapon
And that Titan got his ass kicked by his own creations, so it can't be that great.
>>
>>49237985
>Strongest class lorewise
none. Nature (Druids), Death (DKs), Arcane (Mages), Light (Paladins, Priests), Fel (Warlocks, DHs) and Shadow (SPriests) are all relatively equal as sources of power. Some are just easier/quicker to receiver power from.
Rogues and Warriors seem left out a little, but Rogues are sort of supernatural anyway these days and Warriors have apparently become so damn angry that they've reached supernatural strength like mythological heroes

>Strongest Artifact
Probably the Ashbringer or the Warblades of the Deceiver

>Strongest Class Hall/Team
honestly no clue, but maybe Warrior since it has the likes of Thorim, and depending on how you view it, Odyn

No clue on the other 2
>>
File: 1458963976231.png (832KB, 827x543px) Image search: [Google]
1458963976231.png
832KB, 827x543px
>>49235909
>bouncy meme castle

Nothing wrong with that. You can now get the Wonderous Wisdomball, which has to be the best pet ever!
>>
>>49228630
>>49228386

Female blood elves are so fucking twiggy in-game I cannot take them wielding any kind of melee weapon seriously. They barely even look capable of stabbing someone as a rogue, much less whack people as a paladin, DK or warr.

Liadrin in-game looks like a cheerleader who decided to cosplay as a paladin
>>
>>49237985
>>Strongest class lorewise

Warlock.

>>Strongest Artifact lorewise

Scepter of Sargeras.

>>Strongest class hall and members of said class lorewise henceforth known as the class' "Team"

Warlock

>>Strongest class lorewise with their artifact and team

Warlock

>>Favourite class, hall, set of members and artifact

DKs
>>
>>49231714
>spend the whole fight getting ready to say "work on your form" after I kill him
>he fucking runs away at 20% health
I lost it
>>
>>49235818
>>Bolvar's active again. The Ebon Blade willingly serves him, despite probably being evil. You rez Nazgrim, Whitemane, THORAS Trollbane as three members of a reconstituted Four Horsemen
>>they fail to get Tirion, so they settle for Darion
Bolvar's entire plan was to get Mograine killed so the PC could double raise him as a Horseman. He even says "at last I see, the burden was mine to bear all along" when you bring him back
>>
File: 1458228657651.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1458228657651.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>49238348
>A warlock cultist accidentally ends the world after getting high on some fel dust and trying out Sargeras' rod
>>
>>49238569
>trying out Sargeras' rod
Azshara pls
>>
File: ma.png (405KB, 317x511px) Image search: [Google]
ma.png
405KB, 317x511px
>>49238214
That's why night elves a best.
>>
File: 1470785993623.jpg (81KB, 462x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470785993623.jpg
81KB, 462x600px
>>49236870
Your Light a shit. Sylvanas understands this. Long live the Banshee Queen.
>>
>>49238730
>ma.png
>dat breastplate
ma dick
>>
>>49238712
It was a bet with a succubus, whatchu gonna do
>>
>>49238762
Bang Azshara all night long
t. Illidan
>>
>>49238730

>that quest in black rook hold where you free maiev
>she's been beaten badly and tortured
>just grins and says her captors are amateurs

Truly best girl.
>>
>>49238752
Go away Kosak
>>
File: HELP ME ELEMENTS.png (759KB, 994x545px) Image search: [Google]
HELP ME ELEMENTS.png
759KB, 994x545px
SAVE ME, ASPECTS
>>
File: mai queenu.png (110KB, 258x326px) Image search: [Google]
mai queenu.png
110KB, 258x326px
>>49239124
>>
File: Scourge Lords.jpg (182KB, 850x789px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge Lords.jpg
182KB, 850x789px
>>49238752
Clearly she's playing catch up. Must piss her off something fierce to know that no matter how many people she kills, these guys still have her beat.
>>
>>49235542
Say what you will about Blizzard, but the art they put out is usually top notch, both ingame and on other media.

>>49235585
I got mine on /co/'s Win-O-Thread a few months ago. When I get home later on I'll upload it and post the link here, since I can't seem to find anything in the archives.
>>
>>49238752
Lich Queen when?
She's almost there, just needs the shiny hat.
>>
File: 1379637533414.jpg (76KB, 256x327px) Image search: [Google]
1379637533414.jpg
76KB, 256x327px
>>49235909
Wait, Ysera died?
Fuck. First Metzen shoves brown orc dick down my throat, now he kills off my waifu?
It's worse than I thought.
>>
>tfw you realize that the 4 kings in Halls of Valor you fight before God-King Skovald are the spirits that Ymiron calls on in Utgarde Pinnacle
I wonder if they're disappointed with him
>>
>Emerald dream corrupted
>Bronze dragonflight expends most of its power creating another backup of the world
>It's the world before the cataclysm, with all dungeons, quests, reputations intact
Make it happen blizz
>>
File: dragongirls.jpg (54KB, 736x710px) Image search: [Google]
dragongirls.jpg
54KB, 736x710px
>>49239474
RIP Ysera.
I jerked it to your model becasue of 'Dat Midriff'
>>
>>49239474

She died in a quest for no reason.
>>
File: Sylvanas_Siege_Aftermath.jpg (91KB, 350x797px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvanas_Siege_Aftermath.jpg
91KB, 350x797px
>>49239542
Sylvanas so good, they reuse her model 3 times over
>>
>>49239576

And now she doesn't have it anymore because Metzen's daughter was embarrassed her daddy had sluts in his game.
>>
>>49239576
Alexstrasza was the first one to use that model I believe, Sylvie got it after her.
>>
>>49239542
>Warcraft characters without pauldrons
I never realized how horrifying that is. At least Alex has hair pauldrons
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82KB, 336x347px) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82KB, 336x347px
>>49239542
All those Rexxcraft animations will now be sad, melancholy faps.
>>
>>49239609
Sylvanas got her unique model on patch 3.0.2, Alexstrasza got hers in 3.0.3
>>
>>49239335
>The PC DK rescue mission against the forsaken shows that at anytime, any moment, the Ebon Blade can just swoop down and wreck Sylvanas' shit

>they just politely wait for the Legion shit fest to end so Sylvanas is no longer needed

Best gentlemanly knights?
>>
>>49239648
the only thing that can stop the Ebon Blade is the personal intervention of The Lightâ„¢ itself
>>
>>49239647
Really? Huh. Must've stayed well away from Kosak's waifu around that time then.
>>
>>49239542
Who's that on the left?
>>
>>49239648

DK-fags are the saddest people in these threads.
>>
>>49239718
spotted the paladin
ask Liadrin how my dick tastes
>>
>>49239737

No no, go ahead. It's fun to see you post the same post in every thread for months straight and pretend to argue with yourself.
>>
>Getting H Y P for buying myself WoW and starting to try and learn the game's lore
>Listen up on the titans, Uther Lightbringer and other subjects in the background as I'm playing other games, don't remember all details
>Still have a lot of lore videos to go through

Aside from the story of Warcraft from 1 to 3, are there other lore fundamental you lads would recommend?
>>
>>49239829
Nobbel87's videos about the Titan Keepers is good since titanic lore is getting more and more important
>>
>>49239829
The Last Guardian, Lord of the Clans is useful for knowing about Orcs. The Chronicle is the most important one for the ancient history.

Can't remember any others. The new Illadin book I guess so you can learn all about how he dindu nuthin.
>>
>>49239829
Anything you can find on the new Chronicle series is super important, because they just started publishing them to have a easily found source of the canon background. The first one talks about the titans, Sargeras, and ancient Azeroth pre-War of the Ancients.
>>
>>49239474
She got a rock tampon shoved right into her by Xavius which turned her into a tumblrina.

That Xavius looks like a jew in all of his forms is pure (((coincidence))).
>>
>>49239829

Just be ready for the fact the WoW computer game takes lots and lots of liberties with the existing lore, both that of the WC RTS series and the various novels and comics.

Basically don't take anything too seriously and you won't freak out.
>>
>Almost every character's last name is an amalgamation of two words like Thundercock or Autismlad or Weedsmith

What did they mean by this
>>
>>49239685
me on the left
>>
Who here ADEU?
>>
>>49240018
>Tirion For dring
who's dring?
>>
>>49240071
>Ford Ring
>>
>>49240018
Almost all european and middle eastern last names are either some version of "Son/daughter of X" or describe a profession one of your ancestors probably had.
>>
>>49238128
>>49238200
Ra-den wasn't a titan.
>>
>>49240109

I wish my family called Thundersbane or some shit in my native language senpai
>>
>>49240018
>What did they mean by this

That they can't be bothered with developing dozens of different fictional languages and coming up with a hundred different/unique last names, or variations of the same name in dozens of different languages.

It's a lot easier to have your Tauren cooking trainer called Anashe Grainhoof than coming up with the Taurahe equivalent of "Annie Baker".
>>
>>49240121
His name is Ra, adding -den indenitifes you as a moguaboo.
>>
>>49240121
delete this please
t. Loken
>>
>>49238128
>and i'm gonna say the fist of Ra-Den as the other contender since it was literally a titan's personal weapon

Titan Keeper.
And Holy Paladins also get a Keeper's personal weapon.
>>
>>49240141
>>49240109

This. The names we have today all mean something, it's just that they mean something in languages that we don't speak right now.
>>
>>49240197
TWO of Tyr's personal weapons. Both Thruthguard/Oathkeeper and The Silver hand were his.
>>
>>49240221
Nah Truthguard was one made BY Tyr for his personal champion. More equivalent to the Fury Warrior weapons, which were made by Odyn for his.
>>
>>49237985
>Strongest Class Lorewise
Death Knight
>Strongest Artifact Lorewise
Ashbringer,since it actually has lore feats like vaporizing thousands of undead per swing
>Strongest class hall and members of said class lorewise
Warlocks
>Strongest class lorewise with their artifact and team
Warlock
>>
>>49240232
>>Strongest Artifact Lorewise
>Ashbringer,since it actually has lore feats like vaporizing thousands of undead per swing

That's not really in the same tier as destroying a planet.
>>
>>49240257
or being the weapon of a being so strong that Sargeras had to personally fight him for him to die
>>
Lorenoob reporting in, so what was the BBEG of each expansion?
>>
>>49240286
>C'thun/Kel'thuzad
>Kil'jaeden
>Arthas
>Deathwing
>Garrosh
>Archimonde
>Jaina
>>
>>49240286

>Classic

Ragnaros/Onyxa/Nefarian/C'thun/Kel'thuzad (scattreshot as fuck)

>TBC

Illidan

>WotLK

Arthas

>Cataclysm

Deathwing

>MoP

Garrosh

>WoD

Gul'dan (arguably Grommash)

>Legion

Sargeras
>>
So wait are Worgen permanently furry or can they shift between their human and werewolf forms?

And are *all* Gilneans furries?
>>
>>49240355
>So wait are Worgen permanently furry or can they shift between their human and werewolf forms?

They shift.

>And are *all* Gilneans furries?

No.
>>
>>49240355

There's uninfected ones, but they're rare. Lorna Crowley and Tess Greymane both are uninfected.
>>
>>49240355
They can shift, but their true form is that of the beast.

All the uncursed Gilneans are either dead, undead, or lived outside Gilneas by the time of the Cataclysm.
>>
>>49237985
>>Strongest Artifact lorewise

>Fishing Tier
Underlight Angler

>Worldbreaker Tier
Scepter of Sargeras

>A Chained Up God Tier
Xal'atath, Knaifu of the Black Empire

>Kill Entire Armies Tier
Ashbringer
Aldrachi Warblades
Light's Wrath
Ebonchill
Fist of Ra-Den
The Silver Hand
probably Blades of the Fallen Prince?

>Everything Else Tier
everything else
>>
>>49240368
>>49240381
>>49240385

I understand Gilneas used to be very conservative. Is this event supposed to be some snarky irony on the behalf of the writers?
>>
>>49240398
Gilneas is stylistically based on Victorian era England.
>Was this some sort of snarky irony
Blizzard writers dont have the intelligence for that
>>
>>49240398
>Is this event supposed to be some snarky irony on the behalf of the writers?

It's "oh fuck we're out of races for the alliance"
>>
>>49240398

No what >>49240415 said. They just fished around for "ethnic stereotype we haven't used yet" for the Gilneans and slapped them with British/Cockney accents.
>>
>The Alliance is driven by honor and tradition. Its rulers are champions of justice, hope, knowledge, and faith.

I take it that the Alliance isn't actually as Alt-Righty as this paragraph makes it out to be.
>>
>>49240456
Greymane literally built a giant wall to keep all the foreigners out of his country.
>>
>>49240503
And this kind of action or attitude is the exception or the rule?
>>
>>49240398
I'm more inclined to believe they did it so they could make "werewolves of not!London" joke.
>>
>>49239474
She dies in a quest fight and then this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUuy9SYrWJs
>>
>>49240315
>TBC
>Illidan
And yet the END BOSS was Kil'jaeden and co.
>>
>>49240557
Technically the end boss of Wrath of the Lich King was Halion.

I don't think anyone would argue the BBEG wasn't Arthas though.
>>
File: metzen corruption.jpg (236KB, 960x738px) Image search: [Google]
metzen corruption.jpg
236KB, 960x738px
>>49239504
to boring.
Don't you want to take it to Argus on another alliance city gone neutral?
>>
>>49240456
Of course not the Alliance are more like the Liberals where the Horde keeps fucking them and killing their people at every turn but they just keep going "they gud bois gettin their life back on track need more gold for dem programs" anyone that thinks maybe we should defend ourselves gets shouted down as being unreasonable
>>
>>49240438
Very VERY loosely defined inspirations for the human kingdoms.

Gilneas = Victorian England

Stormwind = Typical fantasy medieval kingdom loosely based off France

Lordearon = Another TFMK, this time loosely based off of Germany.

Kul Tiras = Sea merchants ala Venice.

Alterac = Switzerland if it became a failed state

Stromgarde = The last of the medieval Gothic kingdoms, aka dead as fuck.
>>
>Warcraft is technically in the post-industrial stage
>All this fucking medieval infrastructure around

I can get melee fighting being around because magic and metals more durable than steel could keep up with gunpoweder weaponry, and since magic is as viable as technology I don't expect everything to be Steampunk 1900.

But why the fuck are animals still being used as mounts?
>>
>>49240580
Illidan doesn't even do anything in TBC, it's all Burning Legion agents left and right. He's just chilling in his temple and we crash his anti-demon training ground
>>
>>49240539
Of course not Genn is the exception he is also the only Alliance leader to ever attack the Horde first
>>
>>49240653
90% of the animals are also magical
>>
>>49240653
It's only been like 6 years since Warcraft 3 in game.
>>
>>49240670
Or wait, nevermind about 10.

Still, point proven its only been a very short amount of time that all this shit has gone on.
>>
>>49240557

Sure, but Illidan was the villain you expected to fight in it and who most of the expansion revolved around.
>>
File: 107647-mechano-hog.jpg (323KB, 1354x901px) Image search: [Google]
107647-mechano-hog.jpg
323KB, 1354x901px
>>49240653
>But why the fuck are animals still being used as mounts?
I have no idea what you mean
>>
>>49240670
More like 15-20 years have passed in game
>>
>>49240712
Exactly, you have people riding mechanical vehicles and then you have somebody riding an unicorn.

Doesn't check out.
>>
>all the DKbros here
based.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 200x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 200x245px
>>49240728
Just remember that Azerothian animals are stronk as fuck and infinitely more dangerous that anything on Earth.

By 40k classification, Azeroth would certainly be a Death world. Can you imagine the balls someone has to have to survive on a planet where pic related is considered a minor annoyance?
>>
>>49240653
>But why the fuck are animals still being used as mounts?

A lot of it is cultural. Even with access to motorcycles and shit, the wolfrider tradition is so important to Orc culture, and the Kodo to Tauren culture, and the mounted Knight tradition to Human culture, that those traditions are going to endure even in the face of overwhelming practical reasons not to, at least for a while. There were still nobility fighting on horseback for some countries in World War 1, remember.
>>
>>49240781
Well several races on Azeroth are simply the byproduct of a failing planetary defense system of course they are going to be badass. They were literally built to counter Old Gods and their minions
>>
>>49240783
>A lot of it is cultural. Even with access to motorcycles and shit, the wolfrider tradition is so important to Orc culture, and the Kodo to Tauren culture, and the mounted Knight tradition to Human culture, that those traditions are going to endure even in the face of overwhelming practical reasons not to, at least for a while. There were still nobility fighting on horseback for some countries in World War 1, remember.
because mass motorized transport was still in it's infancy and cavalry moved fast enough to exploit breakthroughs.
>>
>>49240381
>rare
Over 50% of those who fought in the battle for Gilneas were uninfected. There's just as many regular Gilneans left as there are cursed ones.
>>
>>49240842
Most of them willingly took on the curse to prevent being undeadified
>>
>>49235909
>Velen is super butthurt about us killing his demon son.
He's not butthurt AT the players, he's absolutely furious at Kil'Jaeden for setting up that bullshit scheme.
>>49239474
>>49239542
>>49239569
Yeah that instant corruption was pretty bullshit.
>>49239935
He only looks like a jew crossed with the Hulk, crossed with Cotton Hill in his "True" form. (seriously, what's up with those tiny little legs? Was Malfurion secretly a GOTTDAMN TOJO this entire time?)
>>
>>49240816
True. It's been made pretty clear that the average Azerothian human is made of a lot stronger stuff than IRL humans are, both literally and figuratively.
>>
>>49240648
>Loosely based off France
Citation
>Loosely based off Germany
Citation
>ala Venice
Strong naval tradition but if you want to sell them as any way Venician, citation
>Switzerland
Cifuckingtation

I'll give you Stromgarde though.
Basically I think you're giving Blizzard far more credit than they've earned. Outside of Dalaran and Gilneas, the Seven Kingdoms are monotone Kingdom of Generica standins with no great cultural difference between them that can be likened to any real world counterpart.
>>
>>49240871
>He's not butthurt AT the players, he's absolutely furious at Kil'Jaeden for setting up that bullshit scheme.

Seems like he's pretty pissed at the Naaru and the Light for knowing it was going to happen, giving him an ambiguous vision, and then doing nothing to prevent it.
"I am neither prophet nor pawn, not any longer."
>>
>>49240856
Those were the survivors from Hillsbrad/Silverpine that Crowley went and done a bad with, not the Gilneans evacuated en masse by the Night Elves at the end of the fall of Gilneas.
>>
File: 1426574187423.jpg (728KB, 1095x795px) Image search: [Google]
1426574187423.jpg
728KB, 1095x795px
>>49240539
Greymane and his wall saved Gilneas from the Scourge when the third war rolled around.

He shut out and refused refugees from Lordaeron and his own outlying provinces, but that basically ensured that there was a Gilneas at all in WoW today.

Sylvanas using biological warfare and crashing right through took a real hit on his pride, but it only made him more based, and he developed as a leader. Used to hate the Alliance, now is basically the No1 man for them in the Broken Isles right now, returning the favor to the Bitch Queen
>>
>>49238850
Not to mention she has throat cancer like batman. Too bad other night elves are hippy lowborn scums
>>
Is Warcraft basically Warhammer made by a
Americans?
>>
>>49240903
IIRC the warcraft 2 manual says that Kul Tiras was a mercantile nation, using their fleets as the main trading between the kingdoms. Though, considering two of said kingdoms were landlocked, one was behind layers of reefs almost as thick as their distrust of outsiders, and most of them were fairly close together on their landmass, I don't know how much trading they honestly could have done.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 353x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 353x352px
>>49240903
>Basically I think you're giving Blizzard far more credit than they've earned

Honestly, you're right. If Blizzard is going to be lazy, I'd rather they had been consistent and lazy than to suddenly give Gilneas it's own theme and culture while doing absolute shit for every other kingdom.

>Tfw we'll never know anything about pre-Strom human tribal culture.
>>
>>49240980
Maybe when it started. By 3 it was something completely different.
>>
>>49240980
Warcraft and Starcraft were originally Warhammer fantasy and 40k respectively, but the license got pulled at the last second so Blizzard took the assets and changed them just enough to avoid copyright
>>
File: knockoffpepe.png (231KB, 516x529px) Image search: [Google]
knockoffpepe.png
231KB, 516x529px
>>49240980
>War hammer
>War craft

Really makes you think
>>
>>49240392
What about Ulthalesh and Fists of the Heavens?
>>
>Blizzard puts more thought into distinct dwarven cultures than human nations

Really makes you think
>>
>>49240982
Circa WC2 Gilneas didn't distrust outsiders so much as just not see the point of the Alliance when they thought they could fight off the whole Horde themselves.

Most of the trading probably would have been between Stormwind and Lordaeron, though. Maybe some limited trading with Quel'thalas too?
>>
>>49241022
I confess, I don't really see the issue there.
>>
>>49241020
Fist of the Heavens did explode an entire city first time it was used, so I guess it could conceivably be on the "wipe out whole armies by itself" tier.

Ulthalesh is just a big spooky stick. Lorewise probably the weakest of the three Warlock artifacts by a big margin.
>>
>You can be a meth addict pedophile but as long as you believe you're doing the right thing the Light will come to your aid

Really makes you think
>>
>>49241060
Fair.
Although I'm curious as to what power, if any besides knowledge, the skull still holds.

Is there anywhere I can read up on the Black Empire? Really curious aboit that Knife
>>
>>49241022
>>49241088
>Double dubs

Really makes you think
>>
File: well met.gif (1MB, 517x640px) Image search: [Google]
well met.gif
1MB, 517x640px
>>49238752
>dissing the Light

u wot m8?
>>
>>49241103
Chronicles
>>
>>49241125
Cheers mate.
>>
>>49240980
it used to be.

Now its "metzen reads comic books and applies them to his IP: The setting"
>>
>>49240392
Isn't Apocalypse a world breaker tier weapon?
>>
>>49241103
It's ambiguous, I suppose, but there's a strong precedent in WC lore for the skulls of dead warlocks to carry some serious mojo.
>>
>>49241186
Is it? I will admit I haven't played a DK so I don't know about the expanded text on it from doing artifact research, but as far as I understand it's just a Dreadlord's personal weapon?
>>
Redpill me on what Warlocks are and what they do

I know something vague about the class involving Fel energy and only wanting power but that's about it.
>>
>>49241207
They channel the entropic power of the fel plane to sling destructive fire, curse people, and enslave demons.

Generally thought to be for people too impatient or power hungry for nature, spiritual, or arcane schools.
>>
>>49241207

You know the expression "fight fire with fire?"
Warlocks take that very literally. They use forbidden magic to summon demons and enslave them, then turn them around and use them to fight other demons (and old gods, and undead, and gnolls). Often this involves ripping the souls out of people and channelling Fel energy that's inherently harmful to the world around them, and most of the traditions of their school of magic come from old Warlocks who actually served the Legion instead of fighting it, and there's always the risk that the demons they summon will break their control and kill them and everyone else nearby. So they tend not to be well regarded by non-warlocks.
>>
>>49241186
Nope, only the Scepter of Sargeras and maaaaaaybe the Fist of Ra-den have that kind of juice.
>>
Man some of the artifact uests are so cool and some are so lame.
Like warrior for instance
Prot
>Go to some literally who vrykul's tomb and take his weapon
Fury
>Hunt down some Vrykul kill him and take his weapons
Arms
>Fight a powerful servant of the Old Gods that has the First King of Arathors sword sticking out of its head before overpowering it and using the sword to kill it permanently.
>>
File: 1471215612861.jpg (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1471215612861.jpg
72KB, 1024x576px
>>49241254
>>49241257

That's actually cooler than my first impression would have it.

Would a dwarf warlock character be too out of place in WoWs lore? Thinking that playing one as my main cbf when I get the game.
>>
>>49241305
No, the want and need for fel can touch anything.
>>
>>49241317
Since we're on the topic of mages and covered Fel, how does Arcane magic work then?

There doesn't seem to be lore videos properly explaining it and I'm 2lazy2read.
>>
>>49241327
>mages

Meant magics desu
>>
>>49241305
Lore wise the only races that don't shun warlocks are gnomes and undead
>>
>>49241110
>The Light will protect me
>The Light....ahhhh!!! AHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah, no
>>
>>49241327
Arcane mages channel the power of the Twisting Nether and the Latent Arcane that seeps through the world due to the world soul.
>>
>>49241327
That, I'm less versed in. Far as I can tell, it's like gaining knowledge of the world's system and balances and making these energies work for you.

I've heard it compared to math, and I believe that.
>>
>>49241305
Nah, especially not since the Dark Iron Dwarves have been accepted into the Alliance full time.

(Since you seem fairly new to WoW Lore, Dwarves were split into 3 clans:
-Ironforge, the most traditional stereotype "blacksmiths living in a fortress inside a mountain" dwarves.

-Wildhammer, more tribal celtic dwarves who use storm magic and ride gryphons. Were fairly independent of Ironforge, and loosely allied with the High Elves of Quel'thalas. Joined the Alliance temporarily during Warcraft 2, and more permanently during the Cataclysm.

-Dark Iron. The "evil" dwarves, grey skin and red eyes, closely associated with the Fire Elementals, burning hatred of Ironforge and Wildhammer. Joined the Alliance more recently after their king fell in love with the daughter of the king of the Ironforge dwarves, and they had a child together. He died, but his wife now thinks of herself as a Dark Iron rather than an Ironforge, and claims her son is the rightful inheritor of both thrones and will unify the Dwarven people again.

All three groups now live together inside Ironforge.)
>>
>>49241360
For every one that falls, two more will take his place. The Light is our only hope, our only chance at survival - and eventually, peace.
>>
File: spicy.gif (1MB, 415x322px) Image search: [Google]
spicy.gif
1MB, 415x322px
>>49238752
>gets cucked out of new valkyries
>by a furry no less
Banshee queen? More like Cuck queen.
>>
>>49228717
>druids
>anything but miner's canaries telling other classes when they need to go save nature while the druids get corrupted, die or fall asleep or some dumb shit
>>
>>49241412
>Ironforge

Don't you mean Bronzebeard?
>>
File: Spheres.jpg (690KB, 1350x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Spheres.jpg
690KB, 1350x1800px
>>49241327
Here is the spheres of Warcraft magic and their relations to each other
>>49241395
Yes Arcane magic is a very scholarly art with very well defined rules for how to properly cast spells. Math is a good comparison
>>
>>49241412
The only reason they were associated with fire elementals was because they were enslaved by Ragnaros
>>
Quest-chin: Why can dwarves be practically any class other than druids? Is there some lore reasoning this?

>>49241412
I actually know about the division of the dwarves in their main cultures. It was one of the few things I knew about the WoW world before butting in the thread.

But thanks for volunteering to tell me more about them.

>>49241445
This was also one of the things I've seen before going deeper into lore
>>
>>49241327
Arcane magic itself is purified Fel magic. Every type of magic needs a source, Fel is from space. For Azeroth, Arcane comes from the original Well of Eternity, and the other magic wells created based off the WoE. You have the second WoE made by Illidindu, the Sun Well, and now the Night Well. These sources are powerful enough to feed an entire nation with Arcane energies. As for actual mages, they draw their magic from the Nether (aka space) and instead of using it straight up like warlocks, do some math, science or whatever nerdy shit so what comes out isn't demonic energy.
>>
>>49239504
If anything, the "backup world" should be used as a way to upscale the world.

Bigger zones, bigger EVERYTHING. WoW at lore scale.
>>
>>49241480
The Nether isn't space it is an entirely different dimension. Space is refered to as the Great Dark Beyond
>>
>>49241421
Do tell which two will take his place

>inb4 Turalyon
He already exist and has his place, doesn't count

>easy mode
You can count your PC paladin
>>
>>49241470
Dwarves were originally locked out of the magic based classes but with the unification of the Clan the Bronzbeards(the player dwarves) got new experts in things they weren't usually good at. Wildhammer brought Shamans and the Dark Iron brought Mages/Warlocks
>>
>>49241470
Shamanism and druidism are basically the same thing. There is no reason dwarves can't be and they have one of the strongest cases to become a druid with the Wildhammer dwarves being a thing.

It's basically a pick between shaman and druid with horde races being an exception. I think worgen could have easily have just had shamans as these harvest witches instead of druids. That's just me, and I hate dogs turning into bears and cats.
>>
>>49241562
>Shamanism and druidism are basically the same thing.
wut
Sure they are in the same magic sphere but thats where the similarities end
>>
>>49241494
Since this isn't a sci fi space traveling setting, "a different dimension" might as well be space. Demon controlled space yes, but space still.
>>
>>49241461
And they were enslaved by Ragnaros because they summoned him.

And that was centuries ago, so by the present day their entire culture revolved around partnership with/servitude to the Firelord, until they got fed up and left in Cata.
>>
>Dark Iron are the Arabian Nights/Egyptian Frights dwarves

Really makes you think
>>
>>49241562
I think dwarves don't have enough connection with nature for it. The primordial elemental forces, but not the animals and shit.
>>
>>49241579
Except space is actually a thing in Warcraft and has important distinctions from the Nether. The Nether is where Demons live, Space is where the Titans came from. If anything, between the Titans, the Constellars, and how Balance Druids work, Arcane would be Space Magic.
>>
>>49241579
Except, this universe has an actual name for Space, that is explicitly seperate from the Twisting Nether, which acts more like a DnD plane.
>>
>>49240648

>Alterac = Switzerland if it became a failed state

What do you mean "if" ...?
>>
So Blizz will never make an expansion where the destruction caused by Deathwing in cata is undone, right

I was late to seeing the cool dwarven dam in the game desu.
>>
>>49241615
>Isolated mountain nation that is probably the closest human analogue to a prosperous fantasy dwarven kingdom full of greedy xenophobic jews
>Succesfully maintained neutrality and peace whilst situated in the middle of the most brutal conflicts of human history
>Failed state
>>
>>49240781
>Qiraji mind-controlling creature
>capable of mentally enslaving dozens of regular humanoids
>literally makes you kill your friends, makes you watch it eat their brains, then eats your brain as it has one of the buzzers lay ravenous larvae into your body
>minor annoyance

Uh. Hrm.
>>
>>49241620
It would take way more time than the game could realistically pass to undo most of it, but I guess they could rebuild a dam.
>>
>>49241662
>>Qiraji mind-controlling creature
>>capable of mentally enslaving dozens of regular humanoids
>>literally makes you kill your friends, makes you watch it eat their brains, then eats your brain as it has one of the buzzers lay ravenous larvae into your body

Yes. By Azerothian standards, that's pretty minor and manageable.
>>
>>49241670
They rebuilt the park after it fell into the sea they could rebuild the dam
>>
>>49241682
Minor and manageable is a pack of murlocs throwing stones at you.

Or a gnoll trying to steal your shit.
>>
>>49235818
Jaina wasn't ousted, she got mad she got outvoted, took her toys and left.
>>
>>49242365
And as a response Khadgar went "Oh hey, free spot. I call dibs! ...you guys like memes?"
>>
>>49241445
>Math is a good comparison
Yeah, because of the books has the blue dragon showing Jaina arcane literally IS math.
Kinda meta, btw.
>>
>>49242365
I'm still surprised that Runeweaver or whatever his name was voted nay with Jaina, but actually stuck around after she rage quit.
>>
>>49239685
Tarecgosa, the dragon from the Firelands caster legendary.
>>
>>49242444
He was already on the council. He probably was elected just like Jaina and Rhonin before him, since he has always been one of the most powerful of mages on Azeroth.
>>
>>49242496
Runeweaver was the leader of Dalaran forces outside the bubble pre-Wrath, so he had to deal with Forsaken attacking Dalaran forces in Hillsbrad and Silverpine. That probably doesn't leave a good opinion of the Horde in general.
>>
>>49242496
He probably stuck around for the same reason most reasonable people don't just quit when they lose a vote: loyalty. Dalaran is his city, and the Kirin Tor are his people, he might not agree with letting the Horde in, but that's why it's a council and he'd probably rather be here if shit does go down, so that he can help deal with it.
>>
Guys! Is Kel'Thuzad in Legion? This is important because of reasons
>>
>>49242444
Khadgar already had a spot. Jaina's talking Bad Dragon dildo took her spot.
>>
>>49242861
Not yet, I think
>>
>Trusting Old God Meme Crystals and their army of blue light demons
The Light's Army is actually going to be evil, and we're gonna have to kill Illidan a second time after he shoots up some demon heroin for the sake of killing Sargeras
>>
>>49243094
>listening to the knife

It lies, anon. The knife lies.
>>
Dorf hunter or dorf warlock for a first character if I want some decent roleplaying?
>>
>>49243118
Dorf Hunter
>>
Pick 3 class specs to represent your new class!

THE PET MAN
Unholy DK
Demo Warlock
BM Hunter

Alternatively

Super High Elf
Prot Paladin
Marksmen Hunter
Arcane Mage
>>
So the worgen curse, other than turning you into a yiffmonster, also rejuvenates you and makes you stronger, I guess? I'm noticing that a lot of the old people from Gilneas still seem to be extremely fit when they go worgen, and I don't just mean Genn now being a furry ninja.
>>
>>49241562
>Shamanism and druidism are basically the same thing.
They sound like it, but they're not. Shamanism is about the elements and spirits, while druidism is about nature itself, and both classes draw on their own respective sources. It might feel like there's lots of overlap between the two, and to an extent, there is, but they're still ultimately two distinct traditions. Druidism is one of the most esoteric traditions on Azeroth, which is why (demon hunters aside) they are the most exclusive class in the game.
>>
File: 1470506486966.jpg (62KB, 640x736px) Image search: [Google]
1470506486966.jpg
62KB, 640x736px
So is it demon hunter in the sense that the hunter hunts demons or that the hunter is a demon?
>>
>>49240183
Ra-den is cooler than just Ra tho.
>>
>>49243417
Yes.
>>
>>49243417
Both, technically.
>>
>>49243417
Yes, somewhat.

A demon hunter is an elf that absorbed a demon to gain stamina/power/agility in order to fight demons. The absorbed demon also retains consciousness, so one needs to have a lot of willpower to resist some asshole whispering in your head for you to give up and give in, 24/7.
>>
>>49240712
>>49240728
I'v been riding the same gyrocopter since tbc , plebs should get with the times
>>
File: 1465135424418.png (27KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1465135424418.png
27KB, 657x527px
>>49243496
>so one needs to have a lot of willpower to resist some asshole whispering in your head for you to give up and give in, 24/7.

As if I didn't know that anon
>>
>>49242861
Alive, apparently, in Northrend fighting a civil war of sorts. We never destroyed his phylactery after all.

Not in-game yet, tho.
>>
Lorenoobie here, So I get it that the Eastern Kingdoms are the average fantasy continent, while Kalimdor is the one with all the exotic biomes, and Pandaria is not!China.

What the fuck is Northrend? What goes on there?
>>
>>49243575
Addendum: I know the Lich King has his seat of operations there but is it really just a deserted icy waste?
>>
>>49243575
>>49243590
It was mainly not!Scandanavia but yes, shitloads of desolate icy wastes.
>>
>>49243602
So this means there is a presence of permanent settlements there? If so, who/what lives in them? Humans?
>>
>>49243269
Yes. It also makes you immune to the undead plague, IIRC.
>>
Yes, Archivist demon, I too question the act of holding the heart of a light monster in my lair of dark evil fel-ness.
>>
>>49243269
I think that's just the setting being heroic fantasy. There's plenty of old guys that are still kicking ass.
>>
>>49243575
>northrend
Scandinavia, Greenland and the north pole all rolled into one.

Honestly the northrend vrykul remind me most of angry finns and norwegians, while the Stormheim vrykul are swedes and danes.

The tuskarr are clearly an eskimo analogue
>>
>>49243627
Mainly humans in the southern areas with vrykul and a dwarven settlement further north.
>>
>>49243524
>I'v been riding the same gyrocopter since tbc
Muh enginigga
>>
>>49243683
>>49243658
>>49243602

As I understand it in Legion you can now pick a single continent to level up in from 1 to 100. If so, what's there to do or see in Northrend that couldn't be seen elsewhere?
>>
>>49243718
No the level scaling only works in the new zones you still need to go around and quest in different areas.
>>
>>49243718
You need to go Azeroth/Kalimdor then Outland then Northrend the only way to skip this is to do dungeon spam
>>
>>49243643

Yeah, of course. But I mean if you look at celestine of the harvest she looks like she's in her 60s-70s as a human. then when she shows up as a worgen in Legion she looks and talks like she's in her 20s, and seems to have no problem running around and fighting alongside you. Just as one example.
>>
>>49243269
Lothar was still swinging around a Warcraft-sized sword as an old bastard at the end of the Second war. And he was "Just" a Warrior.
>>
>>49243627
Trolls, it is always trolls.
>>
>>49243694
Bitches see me with my shades on while riding my gyro and you know them panties be dropping, Engibros for life!
>>
So when are trolls getting the paladin class? We fought troll paladins in MoP besides trolls would be the race able to be every class
>>
>>49243627
Humans had established a few colonies on the southeastern sections of the continent.

It is also home to the giant vikings that are humanity's ancestors, and lots of other titanforged in more "Pure" configurations.

Also Ice trolls, Nerubian spider-people, Wolverine people, more frog-like proto-murlocs called Gorlocs, Eskimo-Walrus people called Tuskar, snow/mountain adapted tauren, Kobolds, Giant Mammoth centaurs called Magnataur, dragons, and I *THINK* that about covers the sapient species.

Oh wait, crystal satyr.
>>
>>49243903
And blue dwarves
>>
>>49240915
Velen is going to go full Eredar and absorb Sargeras' energy for himself.
>>
>>49239597
The model was made for Wrath, but I do think Alexstraza showed up with it first, then Sylvanas got it.
>>
>>49240122
>The my last name means proud mountain
>>
>>49241785
>Minor and manageable is a pack of murlocs throwing stones at you
Not while leveling a warlock in Vanilla.
Those little niggers were the worst.
HUGE aggro radius, ran when low on health, my only defense was a spell that made then run away. Into more murlocs.
Fuck those little shitfucks.
>>
File: human nations.jpg (207KB, 1024x464px) Image search: [Google]
human nations.jpg
207KB, 1024x464px
>>49240982
>>
>>49244150
>exploring elwynn forest with my first char back when I was 8 years old
>what a nice lake, I wonder what adventures await me there
>MRGLMRGLMRGLRMGL

Good ol' times. Glad they're over
>>
>>49241257
Of course, the Warlock could also be consumed by the Fel magic themselves. Getting addicted to the rush of power it provides until they lose themselves and become willing slaves to the Legion.
"Fighting fire with fire" is a good analogy, but Warlocks are the one fighting with the leaky can of gasoline. If they're careful, they can make it work and be very impressive. But you don't want to be standing next to him when he fucks up.
>>
>>49236672
Mother Malevolence in the DH class hall mentiones something along the lines of "I never understood the Legion's desire to burn all worlds when they have so many interesting playthings". So I'd assume they're ideologically aligned with the Illidari in the "not wanting the Legion to fuck everyhtign up" department, but primarily because they'd rather fuck with mortals themselves.
>>
>>49244281
Between Elwynn and Deep Ocean, Vast Sea in vanilla-BC and possibly Wrath you could very much tell someone's starting faction by their opinions on Murlocs.
>>
>>49244460

I guess because the Burning Legion could be considered a semi-religious "cleanse fucking everything" faction, where there are some true believers in Sargeras' cause.
>>
>>49243164
THE NECROLYTE
Affliction
Unholy
Shadow
>>
>>49240315
>>49240557
>>49240703
>>49240655

MoP also brought back at least a LITTLE of teh scattershot-ness with the Thunder King and stuff.

And BC and Wrath both TRIED to have alternate threats, BC failed pretty badly since Gruul was a sideshow and Karazhan was just adventurers hunting loot and the attunment keys to the actual bosses of the Illidari and legion.

Wrath had Malygos, who was a bit too much of a sideshow, and Ulduar which was actually quite good as a diversion. They even threw in Mal'ganis and the Wrathgate for a friendly reminder the Demons were still out there waiting.
>>
>>49241029
IIRC, there was a mention of some troubles brewing between Stormwind and Lordaeron over taxes and trade sanctions. If Dark Portal didn't opened, seven kingdoms would destroy themselves.
>>
>>49241485
Sad thing is, now that it's technically possible, unlike when WoW came out, Blizzard is too lazy to something like that.
>>
>>49245135
>too lazy
It would take 'em forever to do that in the first place
>>
Anyone else wish that this expansion would end with the Legion winning, opening the way for Warcraft 4/WoW 2, which is all about reclaiming Azeroth a few years down the line?
>>
>>49240781
>By 40k classification, Azeroth would certainly be a Death world.
and then Draenor is itself a death world compared to Azeroth
fucking botani man
>>
>>49243878
Never. Darkspear trolls are the chillest troll tribe, they lack the strength of faith and fanatism needed to be paladins.

Zandalari, I can see as paladins, or more precisely, something using paladin abilities while not being true paladins themselves, like Blood Knights and tauren Sunwalkers. Gurubashi and Amani, maybe, but more likely not. Drakkari, no way, Farraki, maybe
>>
>>49245344
Aren't the Darkspear famed for having some of the greatest shadow hunters of all, including Vol'jin himself? Maybe a Darkspear paladin could be a twist on a shadow hunter.
>>
>>49245344
In troll society Paladins were called Heathens/questioners and were specifically those trolls who would essentially gut-check the demands of loa based on guiding core Philosophy. Basically "Respec da loa, but alweyys rememba dere be sometin' moah important. Some lines ah not ta be cross' no matter WHO tell ya to cross em!"

They were the first to rebel when Hakkar started to become dominant.

Sadly the troll that tells you all about this vital check on the rush to please powerful beings became the first boss in ToT, so ...yeah, sorta forgot his own lesson under adversity.

>>49245459
Interestingly they do seem to share some aspects with how the Shadow Hunters are meant to bargain with the Loa on more even terms.
>>
>>49245499
So troll paladins, instead of blindly following the word of the loa, go out of their way to question the loa and make sure their demands are for the good of the trolls. That's badass, having the stones to tell a loa to fuck off for a few minutes while they debate this.
>>
>>49245499
Ah, right, I forgot about that bit despite getting the paladin stuff from Zandalari quests in ZG. I remember wearing the belt in WotLK as a part of my RP set, but beyond that... it's been too long
>>
new thread
>>49246023
>>49246023
>>49246023
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.