[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wg/ - Weaver Dice/Worm General #6: Good Girl Edition Last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 26

File: Worm Bitch By Sandara.jpg (153KB, 1149x696px) Image search: [Google]
Worm Bitch By Sandara.jpg
153KB, 1149x696px
/wg/ - Weaver Dice/Worm General #6: Good Girl Edition

Last time on /wg/: >>49164745

Welcome to the Wormverse, specifically, Earth Bet, here on this version of earth, things are pretty messed up: People have superpowers, most of those people are villains, the government is corrupt in a thousand different ways (though that's nothing new) and to top it off you have at least three different Kaiju running around fucking shit up.
Yeah, things are bad here on Earth Bet.

If you want to read original story, Worm:
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/

If you're lazy and want to listen to the story, they've got an audiobook here:
http://audioworm.rein-online.org/

If you're looking for the game built by the author, Weaver Dice:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit

Enjoy your stay here...until a Cape ruins everything by making OP not a faggot.
>>
>>49227706
>Enjoy your stay here...until a Cape ruins everything by making OP not a faggot.
Good joke, that's not possible.
>>
Rachel is cute!
CUTE!

Now that we have the obligatory waifu-ing out of the way, what do you think was Brians real trigger event if he lied about it being Aisha getting hurt?
>>
>>49227706
>People have superpowers, most of those people are villains, the government is corrupt in a thousand different ways (though that's nothing new) and to top it off you have at least three different Kaiju running around fucking shit up.
>Yeah, things are bad here on Earth Bet.
Also, transdimensional space worm mating rituals will ruin your world.

Gotta wonder if the author got the idea from that one RPG with the transdimensional dragon mating rituals.
>>
File: Bitch by Neoworm.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch by Neoworm.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
damn I didn't make the first line the thread subject, have more Bitch i guess
>>
Is there any big repository of fanart of this?
>>
>>49227779
http://undersiders.deviantart.com/ is the DeviantArt group for Worm fanart, beware the varying quality though.
>>
>>49227706
Good girl? I think you mean Best girl!
>>
>>49227873
Good Girl in the same way you call a dog a "good boy".

Also I agree.
>>
>>49227706
Should have been /wdg/ too but eh

https://youtu.be/-Vb5G8xjc_0?t=5m11s
"You're done", Andrew triggers.
What is his power? Fletchers abuse kind of points at Breaker but I don't want to set any unnecessary restrictions.
>>
>>49227909
Man, sometimes I love how art can improve my mental image of a character.

And sometimes there's art like this, which makes everyone look completely ridiculous.
I mean, yeah, realistically they would look this dorky. But it's a fucking superhero setting, so I would prefer a bit more high quality outfits.
>>
>>49228143
Granted this is from before Skitter made them proper outfits and they all had to scramble something together themselves.
>>
>>49227909
Why is Taylor's mouth exposed?
>>
File: 1462574419878.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462574419878.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>49228545
Bad fanart.

My favorite pic ever, because it shows how scary can Total Arthropod Control be. With the canvas being restricted to a head shot.
>>
>>49228545
is it ever really said if it's exposed or not in any version of skitter?

I am very bad about remembering such details and searching for them in Worm may prove a fruitless week
>>
>>49228545
Literally all the costumes are wrong.
Taylor had a full mask, only the back of her head was exposed. Plus, why the hell would she have shitty leather straps holding the wrist guards on?
Bitch worse skirts
Grue wore a motorcycle helmet.
Tattletale had an eye on her boobs

I guess Imp and Regent are close.
>>
>>49228644
>why the hell would she have shitty leather straps holding the wrist guards on?
or it's badly dyed silk?
and buckles are simple as far as costume components go.
>>
>>49227755
There's a quote about something like that here...

STRANGERS: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CykV5BgK2EFY4v_cuUXJFpU1Ye3mIRV-VaHEUZxZO4k/edit

The Shaker-Stranger Combination

Shaker-Stranger combinations are the ones where the walls are closing in, metaphorically speaking. The attention is environmental or abstract enough to have no source that can be pointed to. Hallucinations, paranoia, or places with extreme negative connotations will produce this sort of effect. The idea of being watched or having attention directed at an individual may be purely in the triggeree’s head, or it may be real. A young lady finds one hidden camera set in her room, and starts tearing the room apart, finding one, then another, then another. A paranoid agoraphobe who hasn’t stepped foot outside their apartment in a year is convinced the murmuring on the other side of the walls is all the neighbors talking about them, and it gets louder and louder until they trigger.

The core idea with the power is that a Shaker effect is delivered, but the result is Stranger-ish. Area effect coverage with individuals affected, distractions, or avenues for entry. Examples include perception altering gas clouds, forcefield constructs that help provide cover or mislead pursuers, and area-effect gravity tilts that allow alternate forms of approach/access. In devising the power, the idea is to have a shaker vector for a stranger effect. Such powers are rarely directly damaging, and are often very effective against a crowd.
>>
>>49228644
>Grue wore a motorcycle helmet.
Actually, he later wore a demon mask Taylor made for him.
>>
>>49228787
and before that he wore a plain black motorcycle helmet, vented along the sides to release his darkness
>>
>Tattletale had an eye on her boobs
She has that in the picture, all the rest seems true though.

>>49228787
Yeah but she also made him a new costume alltogether, here he is still wearing a leather jacket so this is probably from before then.
>>
>>49228756
Almost makes me think that Brian was also being abused by moms boyfriends when he was younger.
I read this theory somewhere that Brian seeing Aisha like that reminded him of his own abuse and his power is supposed to hide himself away just as much as it's supposed to hide his sister.
>>
>>49228941
Well that's just fucked.
>>
>>49229028
Such is life in the Worm zone.
>>
Some years ago, something bad happened to you. A kidnapping, a fire that disfigured you, or a mugging turning wrong and crippling you. Your life changed after that, and didn’t know how to cope. You still have nightmares and panic attacks. But you have friends and a family that loves and supports you, even when you play up your still very raw trauma.

Your father was there. He hadn’t been able to save your, or take you out the house—and he felt powerless. He is your father, and he failed at protecting you. He threw himself into his work (he is a criminal lawyer), to help with the bills and stave off the guilt gnawing at him. And then that case came. The one that he couldn’t pass, the one that he needed to win. It involved somebody who had suffered just like you. He couldn’t protect you, but he would protect them.

And he did. He won it, and the victim had tears in their eyes when the final verdict was uttered. There was a light back in your father’s eyes that you hadn’t noticed had disappeared. A lightening in his step. He smiled more, and you smiled more too, a heavy weight lifted in both of your hearts.

He called you one night, when you were staying late at your friend’s house, telling you with a flat voice to stay there. It wasn’t until the morning came, and with them stricken-looking police officers, that you remembered the odd tone of his voice. The cops are speaking, telling you your family died, murdered, by the criminal who your father had put behind bars—that they've escaped. That he had hunted down your sister. That you and everybody around you was in danger. You trigger.

So, what do you think? Shaker, Thinker? What kind of themes do you see in that trigger?

Powergen time, baby!
>>
How far could Armsy really go if given unlimited resources? I mean Mannequin's specialty doesn't sound like much at a glance, but the guy was complete and utter bullshit i6t took a reality rewriting bomb to kill him.

What would happen to Colin if he cut the brakes that are his budget and PR shit?
>>
What are some good ideas for a game set in Africa? I'm thinking a game of aspiring warlords could be fun or a group of freedom fighters trying to get their people out could be fun.
>>
>>49229220
Nanomachines.
>>
>>49229178
Eeehhh
Themes I see?
Hmm, impending/looming threat, fairly vague/distant threat.
Nothing for Brute/Blaster/Shaker/Striker to really go off of...
I see a good 'prey' theme, I guess? It doesn't really smell like any particular type to me... it's as much tinker as thinker as stranger as breaker...
>>
>>49229220
Defiant.

>>49229178
Very likely to be Blaster. Shaker, Breaker, and Thinker have possibilities too. Here's a rough idea:
>The ability to shoot fireballs that lock onto and hunt down anyone you focus on
>the more you know about the target the faster and stronger the fireball gets
>start out at painful burns for complete strangers and ends up as complete atomization for people he intimately knows
So it's a basic bitch Blaster power, but he can hunt down anyone with just a photo or even a written description, and in a fight he can track people no matter where they go and hound them with inescapable burns until they can't run anymore.
>>
>>49229288
>Ash Beast accidentally some tinker warlord who didn't leave his workshop in time
>Power Gap
>It begins
>>
>>49228941
Found it.

Generally speaking, a power has a twist to it, something that takes it one half-step beyond the norm for superheroes. There also tends to be an irony to them, an integral factor or element that loops back to point to the character, typically their traumas or weaknesses.
With a character like Spiderman or Superman or the Flash, you generally have a pivotal moment that carries them forward, up, and above. The background, the character, and the power are all independent facets. The flash is a forensic scientist, he was zapped by lightning while showered with chemicals, and he runs fast.
In the Wormverse you have Taylor, who was trodden on, treated in a disgusting way, and her power perpetually leaves her underestimated and unnerves those around her, maintaining a distance. Her power is hers.
Tattletale was destroyed when she missed the details pointing to her brother's imminent suicide. Her power leaves her constantly grasping for more information and never quite having it all, teetering on that same brink. Give her powers to Taylor and Taylor's to Tattletale and it doesn't quite fit.
Grue was abused by his mother's boyfriend when he was young, and fought to develop the strength and fortitude to never be that weak again. To go to help his sister with the same man, and to see the house and be brought back to his weakest, darkest moment, the man's eyes on him, he found the power to immerse the world in darkness. Environment and malign attention and the desire to protect his sister all factored into his power being what it was.
Generally speaking, in other settings the powers are a tool the character possesses, and the story is driven by the character & that character's identity. You can (and many have) swap out powers and still maintain the core conceit. In Worm, in addition to that little twist or complication, the character and the power are intertwined.
>>
>>49228617

skitter had a full mask
>>
What's every ones thoughts on nerfing Panacea and Bonesaw? Being able to make plagues on whim is quite a bit too much in opinion and I feel they should be scaled back drastically.
>>
I got a superpower I came up with vacuuming my apartment...

Mr. Meta

if given suitable time to "read" on a person he can "recall" all the things about them that would have been mentioned in a fictional narrative up to the current point. this includes interludes which may not include the person he's read, but, either feature discussions about that person, or plans that relate to that person.

but he can only recall as well as most people can recall reading a book, imperfectly, and the "writing style" changes from person to person, sometimes waxing poetic, other times so bland and tasteless as to be rendered a grey mess.

is this dumb or is it not too bad?

it's a thinker power on par with tattletale as far as I can tell...

>>49229495
nah, they're NPCs let them keep the power and simply let it alone at "they are unlikely to do this thing"
>>
File: 1439191501290.jpg (81KB, 631x815px) Image search: [Google]
1439191501290.jpg
81KB, 631x815px
tfw lurking /v/ all day for about 3 days to get in the mindset to write Uber and 1337 right

help
>>
>>49229178
The unwanted attantion from the killers looks like Stranger.
You didn't really specify what the earlier trauma was implying that the detail isn't as important as the fact that there simply was something, based on that and your examples I'll just say something hard to define happened so Breaker.
Also the way the police worded it, "you and everybody around you is in danger" would probably make the character feel guilty about having involved more innocent people in his troubles so there could be an area-of-effect Shaker power in the mix too.

As for themes, besides the guilt I've mentioned it also seems to be about justice and protecting others. The triggered couldn't be protected by someone close to him which made everyone sad, then someone close to him managed to protect someone else so now everyone was happy, finally that person had to pay with his and his families life for protecting someone.

Don't really know where to go from here, from the top of my head maybe the triggered can create, or perhaps even dissolve themselve into, a field in which people can conceal themselves in but the application hurts the user in some way, playing on the "protecting others at the cost of your own well being" theme or something like that.
>>
>>49229547
Pretty determined rapist to get through all that. Have to admire his gumption, if not his life choices.
>>
>>49229575
>Have to admire his gumption
>his
what makes you think it was a MAN?
>>
>>49229613
Statistics.
>>
>>49229547
Being a fucking idiot that does things that are actually detrimental to the cause helps.

>inb4 "for browsing /v/, or for getting into the mindset of U&L?"
Yes.
>>
Did Uber and Leet actually have true fans? Taylor made it seem like everyone was only watching their streams to watch them fail but surely they must have had some people who believed in them.
The thought that they didn't know that everybody is making fun of them seems fun but unlikely.
>>
>>49229743
>Being a fucking idiot that does things that are actually detrimental to the cause helps.

yeah, thats why im brow...

>>inb4 "for browsing /v/, or for getting into the mindset of U&L?"
>Yes.

I think were on the same page
>>
Is there anyone Tattletale can't verbally destroy?
>>
>>49228056
It does remind me of Breaker but his personality is all about trying to achieve perfetction at every cost. But I can think of a way to make the achieved perfection ironic, after all powers aren't supposed to actually help with the trigger all that much.
>>
>>49230628
Wildbow
because he's deaf
>>
>>49230628
People who literally just don't give a fuck about anything, like Jack Slash for example.
Actually I think most of S9 went off of the deep end far enough that well chosen words won't hurt them.
>>
>>49230662
wait really?
>>
>>49230674
Speaking of Jack Slash, anyone else notice people on Spacebattles really REALLY bitch about the S9?
>>
>>49231244
it's almost like people didn't find the psychopathic killers likable or something.
>>
>>49230677
Ish, mostly. He has an implant. I wonder if that's the reason for his motif of communication.
>>
>>49231244
They bitch about Cauldron more.
>>
File: DQAtbjj.jpg (756KB, 1280x4079px) Image search: [Google]
DQAtbjj.jpg
756KB, 1280x4079px
>>49229288
South African mercs fighting fookin parahumans. Bonus points of there's an elderly Rhodesian vet in your group.

Alternatively, you play as a parahuman recently triggered after the Rwandan genocide and is now part of the glorious cluster fuck that is the first and second Congo war, aka Africa's equivalent of ww1 and ww2.
>>
>>49231244
Things that cause Spacebattlers to trigger:
1.) S9 even being mentioned
2.) "The Diary isn't evidence"
3.) "Cauldron did nothing wrong"
4.) Piggot doing anything
5.) Sophia doing anything except dying
6.) Emma doing anything except dying
7.) Madison being straight
>>
>>49231244
They're just big Assault/Battery shippers and are understandably mad about what happened in canon.
>>
>>49233075
But they're already married why do they need to ship?
>>
>>49233115
Because 'til death do us part, which is exactly what happened.
>>
>>49232555
>"The Diary isn't evidence"
what diary?
am I forgetting something?

>emma
I kind of prefer the thought that she tried in earnest to off herself, failed, and was forced to stay in a mental hospital tormented for the rest of her days by the thought of the monster she was responsible for creating.
>>
>>49233739
the log book of abuse Taylor kept in her closet that every single hacky fanfic writer brings up as if it's some sort of magic anti bully bullet.
>>
>>49233859
oh that.
no, it's not evidence. it's a first person account.
it isn't evidence of anything.

and honestly the soul-rending thing for me was that when you bring an account like that to a school administrator they are as dismissive as the ones in Worm...reading that for me was awful bceause it was true...

I lost a lot of respect with wildbow when he made it a very clear the disregard was exclusively because of sophia
>>
How lonely was she?
>>
>>49233960
It wasn't exclusively because of Sophia. It was because, as far as can be told, the school went easy on all of the capes to appease the PRT. And, why lose respect for Wildbow for that? Honestly, it's a pretty realistic portrayal of how the situation might have gone down if it happened in "real" life. A school like that is, by necessity, going to side with the money. PLus, we have no idea what other pressures the principal might have been under beyond financial.

>>49234025
Extremely. She couldn't have any kind of romantic relationship because she knew too much about anyone she might get close to. Friendship was the best she could do, and even that could be difficult for her.
>>
>>49233960
of course it isn't evidence!
But spacebattlers are immune to logic, and have no knowledge what so ever of the legal system (being more-or-less entirely coddled white people who've never had a real interaction with the law)
So bringing up that her little log book isn't worth the paper it's printed on makes them lose their minds.
>>
>>49234132
Follow the money. Parent makes donations? Kid gets a free pass. Parent owns a business that cut the school a deal on something? Kid gets a free pass. Or allows the use of something they own, free of charge, for an event? Kid gets a free pass. Government grant money? Kid gets a free pass.

Children of business owners, farm owners, and kids in special ed or sports are handed preferential treatment on a silver platter, and it's kind of terrible to watch. I am speaking from experience, yes. Why do you ask?
>>
>>49234132
>the school went easy on all of the capes to appease the PRT.
that school had one cape and 2 non-capes responsible...

>A school like that is, by necessity, going to side with the money.
school like that(recall that it WASN'T the cape-specific academy) is going to side with what causes the least problems. it means that they'd slide it under the rug and forget about it unless there was clear evidence. there wasn't money involved IIRC...

>we have no idea what other pressures the principal might have been under beyond financial.
only pressures for that faculty was the PRT

>tattletits
yeah, she had it pretty tragic; lonely is all she gets.
unless she finds that 1 in 10 million person that never speaks untruth or tries to deceive.

but then she'd probably think he was some kind of Trump-rated cape weasling up to her

>>49234249
>being more-or-less entirely coddled white people who've never had a real interaction with the law
as one of these I'd like to say that we aren't all like that.
>>
>>49234285
>as one of these I'd like to say that we aren't all like that.
a SBer, or a coddled white person?
>>49234265
It's not *just* about money. I went to high school with a girl who's father was the local Fire Marshal. it's amazing how many surprise inspections one school can /totally coincidentally/ get when you try to discipline one little brat...
>>49234025
ronerey and sad and arone. I bet she couldn't even masturbate without getting squicked out by her power.
>>
>>49234285
Oops. It's been a while. I forgot that Taylor went to the non-cape school. Ignore my post.

As for Tattletits, even someone who never lies wouldn't work. She's almost automatically clued in on all of a person's most deep seated flaws, no matter how major or petty. It's physically impossible for her to ignore them the way normal people can.
No, the only boyfriend she'll ever be able to have has "Made in Taiwan" printed on him.

>>49234265
I ask because it makes no sense to lose respect for Wildbow for depicting such a thing in his story. Did you lose respect for him for depicting unnecessary violence, torture and murder? Frankly, I rank all of those higher on the Horrible Things scale than a corrupt school administration.

He's not advocating for any of these things, merely using them as plot points in his story. Why "lose respect" for that?
>>
>>49234436
No, but lacking other sources, following the scent of greased palms and dollar bills will usually tell you exactly what you need to know.

I live in a fairly large mid-Southern city of ~50-60,000. During high school, one of my worst bullies was someone that was, more than likely, a second cousin of mine. We shared a last name, but his dad was successful, owned a business, while my parents had, up until my dad went blind, both worked, and he was on a sports team, while I buried my nose in a book and tried to ignore the fact that everyone else existed.

But, like the entire rest of my immediate family, I have a temper that doesn't abide chicanery.

>>49234519
Different anon, man. Just jumped in in the last little bit to look for cape ideas, saw something tangentially related to some experiences I have, and posted.

Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>49234436
>a SBer, or a coddled white person?
coddled white person

>fire marshal
the local DA's kid was in my school.
but she wasn't a little shit
that was the local oil-industry leaders Non-crippled son(the crippled one was bro as shit though...)

>>49234519
>to have has "Made in Taiwan" printed on him.
Germany and Switzerland produce better in terms of quality...

>Why "lose respect" for that?
it was the implication I took away that all of the ignored bullying was only because of ShadowStalker

>>49234556
>and he was on a sports team,
fortunately my HS sports teams were laughing stocks in the region, and they new they couldn't successfully bully.

unfortunately that meant that most of the bullies in my school were on all of the academic teams instead
>>
>>49234556
Ah. Never mind, then. I'll just slither back into my hole.
(It's cool, sandy and comfy in there. I heartily recommend getting one of your own.)
>>
>>49231244
They are merely an extension of she-who-must-not-be-named, only pure author fiat allows them to exist. That's fine for allowing fringe bullshit s-class threats that exist outside the story, but directly having characters interact with pointless props is a waste of time.
Literally any regular asshole with a high-power rifle can kill half the S9. Wildbow wanted a story about para-humans and purposefully ignored the ravening hordes of normals that would descend upon the squishy villains; Kill-worthy Villains with brute ratings that allow them to withstand basic miltary style attacks are rare, only Cauldrons idiotic fomenting of the unwritten rules and propaganda perpetuating the "weakness" of normals allow them to exist.
>>
>>49234603
>(It's cool, sandy and comfy in there. I heartily recommend getting one of your own.)
I prefer my nest up a breeze-rocked tree personally, but I can see the appeal of a cool sandy hole...

>>49234618
>Literally any regular asshole with a high-power rifle can kill half the S9.
debatable, that asshole would need to know where to be to make those shots, and unless they killed BoneSaw AND Mannequin in rapid succession their targets would just get right back up again...
>>
>>49234618
Dude, half of them are immune to almost everything, and after bonesaw the other half are basically cyber-zombies. they're durable as fuck and pack massive firepower.
>>
>>49234618
>Mannequin cyborgs Jack
>Bonesaw makes strings of flesh that touch the Mannequin blades

Behold the King of MurderHoboken.
>>
>>49234618
>Literally any regular asshole with a high-power rifle can kill half the S9.
Not really. Plus, members of the nine die *all the time* that's why the nine have had something like 2 dozen different members over the years. In fact, only Jack is from the originals.
As for killing half the current crop:
Siberian? nope, Breaker:You betcha no one knows the seekit, not even Jack
Crawler? Nope, he's rated Brute: Yes.
Hatchet Face? Nope
Mannequin? Nope.
Shatterbird? ... maybe. I'm not sure how much the glass would protect her, but you'd better hope you're not lookin' down a scope at her.
The rest? Bonesaw'd to the point where they're basically Adam ala Deus Ex.
>>
>>49234986
Well, I guess it also depends what anon means by what you mean by "high powered rifle". Does that take something like an anti-materiel rifle into consideration?
>>
>>49235398
The 16-inchers off an Iowa are technically rifles.
>>
>>49235398
Well, what's, "high-powered," usually mean in Worm? That's right. Tinker-tech. So, either a man-portable rail-rifle capable of breaking the sound barrier several times over with some kind of meta-material/non-crystalline camera-based video scope, or something like in Evangelion, with the giant lightning/plasma rifle that took the entire electrical power of Tokyo-2 to fire that they used to take down Ramiel. Just, y'know, people-sized.
>>
>>49228594
That hair looks like a granny, not like Taylor "My only feminine characteristic is my hair" Hebert.
>>
>>49229463
Settings where powers are not part of a character are just shit.
They don't have to fit the character, but they have to be part of them.
A telekinetic is bound to us their powers for household chores. Someone with super durability will inevitably find the joys of dropping from rooftops for superpowered parkour. Expert sharpshooter will throw trash with super precision into trashcans.

Characters that just seem to randomly gain their powers when the supernatural comes knocking, and then lose them again to re-engage their mundane lives, are the worst.
>>
>>49231244
>>49231419
>>49232555
No, what they *really* bitch about is the Empire 88.
Every. Single. Fucking. Thread. will have some asshat proclaim their grudge for the Nazis, even when they are shown in the thread's story to be THE MOST REASONABLE FACTION.
This is Worm, the setting where the Neonazi gang might actually be the most civilized one.

Seriously, it gets on my fucking nerves.
>>
>>49229985
They would have for sure. Gotta take shit Taylor says with a grain of salt half the time, because she really was kind of stupid and pretty ignorant.
>>
>>49234519
>No, the only boyfriend she'll ever be able to have has "Made in Taiwan" printed on him.
You would get triggered by the disturbing stories of the workers at the dildo factory etched into the structure of the product.
>>
>>49234663
>and after bonesaw the other half are basically cyber-zombies
>Bonesaw is actually a Necrocybermancer with E.Y.E.-based cyber-tinkering
>>
>>49234598
>it was the implication I took away that all of the ignored bullying was only because of ShadowStalker
I think this is fanon overreading, since in the actual text, when Taylor learns Sophia == Shadow Stalker, she goes "Hmm, was that why the school was so crappy about it? Oh, right, no, they're just lazy and incompetent."
>>
>>49237725
You mean Taylor "Heeb" Hebert.
>>
>>49237876
I doubt any true jew would be so keen to get blacked.
>>
>>49237777

Man, I've played as a noble member of the Gesselschaft before. It got too real, man.
>>
>>49237777
To be fair, there's Faultline's crew who are pretty polite and don't fuck around where they live, and most of the Protectorate/Wards are well-intentioned good people, just overworked as hell.

But I'll sure as hell take the Nazi's over the fucking dragon next door, or the drug peddlers, granted it helps that I'm white.
>>
>>49237725
It's long curly hair, that's pretty feminine.

She never said she was pretty. And she was right.
>>
>>49234436
>ronerey and sad and arone. I bet she couldn't even masturbate without getting squicked out by her power.

>tfw you will never rape and mindbreak smirkfu
>>
>>49238849
She'd probably have you by the metaphorical balls before you got your pants off.
>>
>>49238884
Wear earplugs till you gag her.
>>
>>49234025

I'm honestly surprised how she survived until the end. You'd think that someone would go "Sorry, but you're too dangerous to live." and kill her. Especially since she has a habit of running her mouth.
>>
>>49239135
Not only that but that she also survived all the times people actually were serious about shutting her up, Jack gave her half a Glasgow smile and Miss Milita even stuck her gun up Tats smug hole.
>>
>>49239135
People bitch about TayTay's plot armor, but it an't got shit on Tattletwats.
>>
>>49234598
Wasn't the bigger factor in them ignoring it was the fact that Emma's dad was a lawyer or someone important?
>>
>>49239499
Taylor's supposition and Fannon.
It never really comes up until after Taylor punches Emma in the face in the mall And, frankly, there isn't a whole hell of a lot a lawyer can actually do to a school - they have carte blanche to violate the "rights" of their students (minors don't really have rights anyway) rights you don't have in a school setting: protection from searches and seizures, right to trial, right to attorney/council, right to appeal. Schools are a dictatorship and their discipline procedures exist by-and-large outside the legal system, except when they feel like calling in the police to really fuck a kid over.
>>
>>49239585
>their discipline procedures exist by-and-large outside the legal system
They absolutely do not.
>>
>>49240145
Yes they do.
If the principal decides you did something, he can suspend you. You get no trial, no evidence is presented, no witnesses, no council. You can appeal it to... the school board. Who will do nothing.
It exists totally separate from the legal system, they can bring in the legal system *in addition* to all else, but school discipline is it's own world.

Unless you live in not-America I guess, no idea how that works.
>>
>>49240251
>Unless you live in not-America I guess, no idea how that works.
In my country we were generally much more relaxed.
Hall passes were not a thing. You were free to move around everywhere, as long you weren't doing so during break. (during break, you were not allowed in the area where the classrooms are, to prevent people fucking with stuff. And I think this only applied to the lower classes, as the almost-adult teenagers were trusted to not do this shit)
The only punishment I ever experienced was stuff like "write this word 500 times" or "make an essay about why homework is important".
Something like suspension existed, but it was borderline mythical with how rare it was.
>>
>>49240312
(You need to realize the chip on his shoulder is bigger than a space whale's dick and that he is the perfect target audience for Worm, son.)
>>
If the fanon claims about having lots of grant money come into the school and the presence of at least 1 ward having the effect of repressing the gangs are true, then there may be a strong utilitarian argument that Winslow was right to cover for Sophia et al. After all, an outright gang war erupting in the school would worsen every single students life at least a little and may well have led to multiple deaths.

Taylor getting bullied pretty much only worsened her life and it only edged towards what might be *attempted* murder if you squint on a single occasion.
>>
>>49240312
what mythical hippy bullshit land do you live in?
Jesus, where I went to school people still got caned.
>>
File: Shadow Stalker.jpg (127KB, 765x990px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Stalker.jpg
127KB, 765x990px
Is there anything we know about what the plot of the Worm sequel?
Personally I'm kind of hoping for multiple protagonists now with the fuckton of open parallel dimensions.
>>
>bullying a teenager in a setting where teenagers are known to get superpowers
Carrie is a thing in-universe, even. Taylor mentions her.
Punishments for bullying should be a lot harsher, because letting it run won't result in just one teen moving away or suiciding, it will result in the next Nilbog or Jack Slash.
>>
>>49242019
School shootings are a thing in our universe.
Guess how much impact that's made in preventing bullying?
>it will result in the next Nilbog or Jack Slash.
It won't 99% of the time though. Very few shards will manifest in those types of ways. Plus, the whole of the US is being controlled by a giant shadowy conspiracy that's trying to cause as many triggers as possible. So, really, why would laws be changed in a way to reduce the potential for triggers?
>>
>>49242019
You're suffering Main Character myopia, where you assume that the rules that apply specifically and explicitly to a very select elite, can also be assumed to routinely and regularly apply.

A single teenager has less than a one in one thousand chance of having the potential for a trigger event, and even if they do have that potential, it's entirely possibly, nay, plausible, that a) they'll trigger over something else, and b) they won't burn down their school.
>>
There's plenty of powers that are in multiple classifications, but are there any good Tinker/Something else examples?

And no, not abilities given by your tech, I mean applications of the power itself.
>>
>>49242019

It is not widely known that stress and abuse cause powers. Taylor was a diligent kid who spent a couple months researching parahumans in preparation for a cape career and didn't know what a trigger event was until it was explained to her.
>>
>>49242019
hmmm, I hadn't thought of that...

but then again, teenagers are almost defined by their stupidity...

>>49242074
>School shootings are a thing in our universe.
I used to get asked not to go columbine or VT on my school.
thought really, learning how to make explosives did WONDERS to reduce bullying, people realized that I was reciting the process for making thermite or pseudo RDX and back up...very far...cause bullies DO fear things and one of those things is being killed or disfigured by a firey explosive detonation...

never actually made explosives, never needed to. made the last 2 and a half years of high school nearly bully free...
>>
>>49242094
Tinker-Something-else?
We don't see many in cannon - most we see are pure tinker.
I think the more interesting Tinker/somethings would be pretty low tinker ratings, with a power that directly feeds into/corresponds with their power.
Like a Tinker/Thinker who can only make (non computerized/automated) pistols, but their thinker power gives them perfect aim
Or a Tinker/Brute who's tech is powered off of their own biomass, and is only able to survive it's use because of their regeneration.
>>
>>49242094
Clay, from PRT Quest.
>>
>>49242074
>>49242088
All I'm saying is that if it happened to Taylor, it could happen to someone else. Someone with looser morals and less willpower.

Also, why did Taylor not have a Trump power? Part of her trigger was caused by a cape.
>>
>>49242162
IIRC Wildbow mentioned that Squealer had something like this, part of her vehicle Tinker power were godlike driving skills.

>>49242175
Triggers are about the emotions of the person that triggers, Taylor didn't even know that Sophia had powers.
>>
>>49242193
>Triggers are about the emotions of the person that triggers
So if a person really believes that the core of their problems come from parahumans but actually they don't they will still have a chance to get Trump powers?
>>
>>49242175

>Multitasking out the ass to the point where a pretty neat but ultimately kinda street level power makes her a heavy hitter in the parahuman community
>Not a trump
>>
>>49242163
Clay is more of a 'mostly shaker but also sub tinker 1 because her forcefields can do some bullshit like conduct electricity'
>>49242175
Not every trigger caused by a cape will be a trump.
But every trump has a trigger caused by a cape.
Plus, her trigger was only tangentially caused by a cape - it could have happened just as easily if Sophia had no power at all (she'd just have to pick a lock)
>>
>>49242175
>All I'm saying is that if it happened to Taylor, it could happen to someone else. Someone with looser morals and less willpower.
So what? Random bullying could also cause somebody to murder a bunch of people, or kill themselves, or whatever. You can get away with bullying nine hundred ninety nine times for every one person who might (MIGHT) trigger and go ham. Nobody will really care and the solutions aren't exactly easily available.
>>
>>49242228
She isn't a trump. her powers don't interact with powers. They don't grant them, take them away, enhance them, change them, or limit them, her powers work exactly the same on capes as normals. (except capes can be immune to BEES)
Multi-tasking is a thinker ability, not a trump ability.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1280x1810px
>>49242001
Imp is a good candidate for worm 2's protagonist.

Conflicts that need to be addressed.

>Trigger events are going crazy.
>Sleeper.
>Jack's stuck in time loop but someone may try to get him out.
Valkyrie, Nilbog, and Bonesaw being the new trimunitive.
>Simurgh is up to something.
>Dormant Endbringers.
>Abbadon show ups to eat all the shards and finish the cycle.
>Imp is chaperoning a bunch of Heartbroken.
>>
>>49242074
>Guess how much impact that's made in preventing bullying?
Fun fact: After one or two school shootings my class stopped bullying me. They apparently were kind of afraid.
>>
>>49242261
Good for fucking you, all my school did was force me into "counseling" because they knew I was being bullied, and targeting me was easier than stopping bullying.
Oh, and it created a fun, new form of bullying - telling administrators that I had a list/brought weapons/threatened them. That was jolly.
>>
>>49242255
Wildbow also said that he did not want to reveal Number Mans trigger event just yet, it will also be in the sequel. I'm down for more Harbinger.
>>
>>49242001
There will be a sequel?

I wonder if it will also be grimdark.

I want humanity to rebuild and take the fight to other transdimensional space worms.

How will tinkers work now that some of the restrictions can be lifted, as Scion and the like aren't actively resisting attempts at breaking out of the murderhappy power landscape sandbox anymore?
>>
>>49242297
>I wonder if it will also be grimdark.
How can it also be grimdark when Worm isn't grimdark?
>>
>>49242253

She is at least partially resistant to power-nullifucation effects. That could be considered a minor anti-trump trump ability I suppose
>>
>>49242292
Reminds me of how my class used to have monthly sessions of "homeroom where we discuss the bullying in this class and claim that part of the blame lies on the bullying victim, who is the same person every time".
>>
>>49242175
>Also, why did Taylor not have a Trump power? Part of her trigger was caused by a cape.
She's not a Trump because there's no involvement of powers whatsoever in her trigger event. Somebody with powers happening to be hanging around doesn't give you Trump powers, the powers have to actually be involved in at least a tertiary way.
>>
>>49242297
Sequel is set for end of this/beginning of next year so fucking soon get hype.
>>
>>49242344
I want a re-write that fixes the pacing, gets rid of the bullshit, and cleans up some plot holes/dropped threads more than I want a sequel, but eh, alright.
>>
>>49242363
The rewrite comes before W2 IIRC.
>>
>>49242363
I could imagine that the rewrite will be for when the book officially gets published.
>>
>>49242255
>Be Lung
>Get paid to investigate the Simurgh
>Ifearnothing.Lung
>See she's got a person in a tank
>kill it
>>
Is Thinker6 still around? Weaver Nine is dead right?
>>
>>49242255
>Imp and her Heartbroken

I almost forgot about that. Why is Aisha so based?

Also, who are officially Undersides now by the end of the story? Forrest and bird boy included.
>>
>>49244377
Parian and Foil, I do believe. Speaking of Parian, they say her power is ridiculously OP but Parian limits herself somehow. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>49244469

She can theoretically kill anything in the setting.
>>
>>49244469
Didn't Wildbow just fuck with his readers by not specifying how it would kill Leviathan?
>>
>>49244469
>>49244490
no. she can't. no.
Wildbow stated that she has some specific use of her power that she hasn't figured out that would let her stall behemoth 1v1 for a while - but he refuses to discuss it, it was probably just him trolling, because wildbow
Fandom has taken that and run in stupid directions with her power.
It's unclear if Wildbow was serious, if it's behemoth specific, or if it's some more versatile use. Fandom seems to obsess about only the "SUPER DOOPER PARIAN" possibility.
>>
>>49234265
When the choice to intervene in a situation like that is made there will be negative consequences. If nobody intervenes the bullying continues, which is a negative consequence for the student. If the staff of the school intervene they must work harder, which is a negative consequence for the school staff. Many people find it significantly easier to make the choice that places the negative consequence on someone other than themselves.
>>
>>49244760

Yes, yes she can. Yes.

The Sting is specifically a "No. Fuck you. You die." power. Just needs to actually hit.
>>
>>49244994
>Parian
>Sting
Nigga check urself.
>>
>>49244994
Sting belongs to Foil.
Not Parian.
>>
>>49244353
I've seen him saying that he didn't have much time for writing fanfic these days.
>>
Could Taylors dad beat up Emmas dad?
>>
>>49246077
Probably. And then he gets sued to oblivion.
>>
>>49246077
contractor wins most dad-fights on physical basis...no question

burlier stuff might beat that like oil field hand sort of thing...
>>
>>49246077
Depends, does Danny get preparation time?
If he has time to get pumped for the fight and hulk up beforehand by getting real angry he would definitely beat Alan.
Physically they seem sorta equal, even though Danny is a dockworker I remember that he only worked in administration the last few years so his time as a burly guy who moves boxes all day seem in the past and Alan sits in an office all day anyway since he is a lawyer, in this case Alan could probably talk Danny down and win by convincing him not to fight.
If they are both bloodlusted (or whatever that stuff is called I'm not familiar with the whole "who would win" terminology) then Danny would probably win by slight degree just because he at least is familiar with hard physical labour.
>>
>>49246292
also, we know Alan is a pussy bitch when confronted physically.
>>
>>49246077
I thought it said that Danny was more frail than most men, being meek and scrawny.

And Emma's dad seemed like the sort who played college ball, ya know.
>>
>>49246469
He's scrawny, not meek.

He screams like a fucking champ.
>>
File: Skitter Pepe.png (374KB, 1024x1638px) Image search: [Google]
Skitter Pepe.png
374KB, 1024x1638px
>>49246469
At some cushy Ivy League school probably.
>>
>>49240918
Not America. That describes the schools most people in other first world nations go to.
>>
>>49244760
The entire worm reddit is a complete fucking shitshow.

They're ANIMALS that treat each other like ANIMALS and even Wildbow gets all hypocritical and talks shit about how they're being entitled even though his endless bitching about them not talking about what he wants them to talk about is a very entitled attitude and very hypocritical in and of itself.

Nearly everything I've read there, no matter who posted it, has been trash.
>>
>>49246598
Try University of Texas. Could've gone Pro if he hadn't join the Navy.
>>
>>49246769
Sophiaaaaaaaa
>>
>>49246769
Wow I've never even seen that picture before, can you share the name of the artist?
>>
>>49246769
>That bulge
>>
>>49246811
Yeah, was new to me too. Accidentally typed in worm parahuman comic in Google images and stayed with it.

But here's the artist.
http://planetofjunk.tumblr.com
>>
>>49246884
>Only one Worm pic on there

Fuck
>>
>>49246769
this picture is making me irrationally angry,
just look at her smug fucking face jesus christ
>>
>>49246968
can't, distracted by dat ass
>>
>>49246968
she has a face?
whoa.
>>
>>49234025
Tattletale best girl.

I want her to smugly needle me with her power while we go on a date.
>>
File: The Siberian.jpg (24KB, 564x343px) Image search: [Google]
The Siberian.jpg
24KB, 564x343px
So how exactly did Manton manage to stay hidden from the rest of S9 all the time?

Or did Jack knew and just didn't say anything? That kind of seems like something Jack would do.
>>
>>49242135
Which makes no sense at all. It's taught in universities, it's interesting and useful information, so trigger event is going to be the first thing that pops up when you type "how do parahumans get their powers" into their google.

There would be forums full of discussion about it.
>>
>>49247675
Yeah I found it weird too how neither Taylor nor the kids at the park she talked to as Weaver knew about the (observable) source of powers.

I mean if powers came from something more subtle then I would buy it that only scholars know the details but trigger events are cinematic as fuck and I can't imagine that they don't have popular Hollywood movies where triggers occur.

How well known was it that powers are affected by the parahumans personality and that they usually are somewhat ironic in context to the persons life? I remember the dude from the university when Purity visited saying that they know the basics of "physical trigger = physical power, mental trigger = mental power" but do they know that Masters come from isolation and alienation or Breakers from mixed/ambiguous sources of pain?
>>
>>49247671
I'm imagining the Siberian looking like that and doing her thing.

Fuck
>>
>>49247675
Blame Cauldron, probably. Maybe Scion and/or the Simurgh, as well.
>>
File: how fast can I pencil tool.png (278KB, 564x343px) Image search: [Google]
how fast can I pencil tool.png
278KB, 564x343px
>>49247961
4u
>>
>>49248215
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>49242135
Stress alone do not cause triggers.
People do know that it is are a factor, but they don't know the x factor that combines with it to cause a trigger.
Less commonly known is that trying to cause a trigger seems to make triggering less likely.
And people don't know why.
>>
>>49247973
That's way too overt a move for a secret, shadowy conspiracy. You'd get tons of people wondering why any post or file they try to upload about trigger events gets scrubbed.
>>
>>49248601
>implying they don't get mind-wiped and forget they even made the post.
We might all be getting lied to by cauldron right now, and there's a portal to earth bet right here on our earth
>>
>>49247828
I'd assume that in-universe people know how it works in that the ifno is out there and it probably gets taught to Parahuman Studies majors at college, it's just that the average peasant doesn't know much about it or really give a fuck.
>>
File: 960.jpg (82KB, 680x827px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
82KB, 680x827px
>>49248644
oh shit
>>
>>49248601
See >>49248505
It's not that no one knows that stress causes triggers.
It's that everyone who does know this, knows stress alone does not cause a trigger.
>>
>>49247675
It's intentionally obfuscated in setting to a degree to keep idiots from lopping their limbs off in the hopes of getting Brute powers and Wildbow said at one point something to the effect of "rereading that scene I expected Taylor to be portrayed as knowing a little more."
>>
>When Twig isn't enough so you turn to Worm fics
>Already through Copacetic and S9 Taylor stuff

I need moar
>>
>>49250192
Hope Comes to Brockton Bay?
>>
>>49250192
Yeah, you need more taste, given that you've read through all those.

Cenotaph is good. Imago of Rust and Crimson is pretty good, even if the pacing is pretty bad in the first bits (super slow to get going).

>>49250239
Jesus. Is this a fucking joke.
>>
>>49250192
ACP is pretty good.
>>
>>49250192
What's your taste? I know a few decent ones
For everyone, I'd suggest Burn Up
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/burn-up-worm-complete.395526/
>>
>>49250345
Starts strong, quickly succumbs to SB syndrome #27A:waff
>>
>>49250386
I dunno what you mean by "waff". It *is* a bit of a bait-and-switch - but that's apparently exactly what the author intended.
>>
>>49250411
warm-and-fluffy-fanfiction
Where everything devolves into hugging and tea-parties.
>>
>>49250192
>Copacetic
>dat fucking twist in the newest chapter
holy fucking shit
>>
>>49247675

I agree, but thats what the story says, man.

Weirdly, the public does seem to know a lot about how powers are contagious. e.g. that adopted children can end up as second gen capes "inheriting" powers from their "parents" and guff like that. How did that get out there when capes pretty much all hide their identities one way or another?
>>
>>49250705
Two words:
New Wave
>>
>>49250740

Theres a whole spiel about which relationships are more likely than others to pass powers along. No way that all got built up with just new wave as an example.

Is it even public that Amy is adopted?
>>
>>49250825
I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere as public knowledge, but it'd be pretty hard to miss - she looks nothing like her parents or sister, and it's not like there's masks/disguises to obscure that - everyone can tell.
>>
>>49250825
It's public knowledge, but you have to dig a bit to find it, Glory Hole says so herself, I think during the bank robbery?
>>
>>49250959
Tattletale, actually, after the fact when the Undersiders are celebrating.
>>
>>49250895
>>49250959

Fair enough. That still seems like not enough data.

Also, anyone looking close enough to figure out shes adopted would probably also figure out that her powers are also dramatically different from the rest of new wave and conclude that she isn't a second gen.
>>
>>49250192
>S9 Taylor stuff
Eh?
>>
>>49251037
except that she is... maybe... it's not like there's an official list.
>>
>>49251315

Out of character we can tell that she probably is, just not from new wave.

People in-universe wouldn't know who her dad is.
>>
Is it me or Burnscar was criminally underused? That scene with Labyrinth hints at a lot of story that wasn't used.

Also, could Noelle solo an Endbringer? I say she could.
>>
>>49253883
A lot of things didn't get used as much as they should have for Worm. I personally would've liked more on Faultline's Crew and how mercs worked on Earth Bet.

As for Noelle, I don't think so. The Endbringers are sandbagging assholes. If they're following their typical modus operandi and she had some good capes for cloning she'd be able to drive them off. But if any of the big 3 actually want her dead she's dead.

As part of supporting a concerted effort she should be able to cycle through enough variations on power that have a chance of hurting them to make a serious difference.
>>
>>49254002
Just taking fighting The Simurgh as an example, if Noelle clones, say, ten top-tier capes a couple dozen or so times each, and Dragon has the explosives from the bracers strapped around their necks as det collars, instead of relying on them to press them to the side of their heads when told to, you've got a disposable army of high-end capes that can be used to absolutely wreck it.

So, yeah. Given prep time, or Contessa's cooperation, to figure out what each individual take on the base power does, this becomes a near-unstoppable tactic.

And for Bad End times: The Endbringer she was fighting attacks her, and, in a rage, she somehow manages to eat it. What happens?
>>
>>49254360
It rips her apart from the inside, unhindered by the cloning process because it's made of non-organic crystalline material.
>>
>>49254405
I knew there was a flaw in my plan.
>>
>>49247828
>but trigger events are cinematic as fuck
Most aren't cinematic.
"Loved one dies, suddenly that person sometimes sees a flash of purple that over time turn out to be warnings of impending danger" or "gets bullied for years, reaches breaking point, starts repairing his PC and upgrading his rig with unsuitable tools and in improbable fashion" aren't exactly very high profile triggers.
>>
>>49250256
>Cenotaph
Noooooooope.
Nope.
Nope nope nope.

I read it and it was bland as all shit. It was just Taylor on a farm, failing at everything.
>>
>>49255062
Did you miss the part where she killed fucking everyone?
>>
>>49250345
>>49250386
Is it worse than what happened to that one where Taylor turns into a plant monster that engulfs the planet?
It started strong, then nosedived into ridiculousness and pointlessly cruel shit.

There was also "Like mother, like skitter" or something like that. Which started strong, then went into full crack territory where Jack was suddenly Taylor's uncle or something.

And there was another that was quite interesting, with Dinah getting the power of coordinating people instead of precognition. So she assembles a team with Purity and shit.
Then it turns into a story about Taylor's moving having been a bisexual cheater who fucked a nymphomanic lesbian who entered the story and had a daughter who tries to get into Taylor's pants.
Then it turns out that she's a former lover of Kaiser and Danny and the both kinda fight for her affection or something.
It completely killed the story and it seems like that kind of character is the author's magical realm.
>>
>>49250959
>Glory Hole
What would happen if Bonesaw actually turned Glory Girl into a Glory Hole?

I now have this mental image of an older Bonesaw with an affinity for more perversion and less torture.
>>
>>49255085
Does that happen in a later part?
I only read the first part of the trilogy. I felt like I had wasted a shitload of my lifetime with that one.
>>
>>49255115
I forget, really, but IIRC it was in the first part, maybe you read the second accidentally?

Literally the first thing she does after her father dies is kill Bakuda, which triggers her dead man's switch, killing hundreds. Later, she sets up the gangs against each other to kill them but blame their enemies, and Lung detonates a oil reservoir under the boat graveyard, demolishing or incinerating a quarter of the city. I can't remember when those later things happened, but shit was cash.
>>
File: sweatingintensely.jpg (85KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
sweatingintensely.jpg
85KB, 426x341px
>>49255101
>Bonesaw's 'sex object' phase
>>
>>49255174
Oh, right, she also murdered a bunch of people. While failing at life.

Didn't Amy also come live with her or something?

Really, it was very drawn-out and bland compared to other stories written in the setting. Maybe it's more interesting if you are a fan of the original story, but I never read it.
In fact, I was kinda pissed off when I reached the end and then finally found an explanation - that the entire fucking story was based on bets and "what if"s based around the original Worm.
It might have been fun to read it with the discussion accompanying it, but I was never part of that.
>>
>>49255224
>Maybe it's more interesting if you are a fan of the original story, but I never read it.
I don't understand, you didn't read Worm but you read its fanfiction?
>>
>>49255224
>Didn't Amy also come live with her or something?
Just for a bit, needed a break and sanctuary where people won't poke her all the time.

>Really, it was very drawn-out and bland compared to other stories written in the setting. Maybe it's more interesting if you are a fan of the original story, but I never read it.
>In fact, I was kinda pissed off when I reached the end and then finally found an explanation - that the entire fucking story was based on bets and "what if"s based around the original Worm.
>It might have been fun to read it with the discussion accompanying it, but I was never part of that.

I knew nothing about the discussion surrounding it or any bets. Sure it's a what if, but it's the best what if Worm has.
>>
>>49255248
>you didn't read Worm but you read its fanfiction?
Yes.
I was bored and then started reading a random crossover because I wanted something to read.
Now my list is full of Worm crossovers.

I hope that one day I'll find a fanfiction that reaches the Slaughterhouse 9000 part.
>>
>>49255298
Which is funny because alt-power Taylors are the most overdone thing in Worm fanfiction.
>>
>>49255309
Well, yeah, they are a low-hanging fruit.

I'd say the most overdone stuff is overpowered self-inserts that fix everything, though.
>>
>>49255322
In overall fanfiction, sure. Not Worm.
>>
>>49255326
Maybe it's because I'm browsing SB, but the "I know Worm canon and can now fix everything" plot device seems disturbingly common.
And when that doesn't happen, it's still the semi-SI that is immune to all Thinker powers and can break the setting by finding the secret of the shards randomly.

Altpower Taylor at least tends to not do large-scale fuckery with the setting.
Anyway, the stories tend to be better when they are more on a street level.
>>
>>49255248
I will likely never understand that. I mean people are writing Worm fanfiction while being proud of never having read the original work. It's maddening.
>>
>>49255527
Worst part is that one or two actually end up writing something decent and then justify their decision not to read with that.
>>
>>49255322
You'd think fics where Taylor's power doesn't fix shit and she has to earn it would be more popular, but no, the autists who read them hate that. The overabundance of OP SI fix fics are by popular demand.
>>
>>49255527
No idea why you would write fanfiction of something you've never read.

But I can completely understand not reading the actual story while reading fanfiction.
I've seen excerpts posted here and there and the tone of the story striked me as a kind of misery porn.
I'm not keen on reading about Glory Girl getting hit by Crawler's acid with a visceral description, then being turned into a living sculpture that would make Tzimisce proud.
>>
File: 1473241214735.jpg (166KB, 900x434px) Image search: [Google]
1473241214735.jpg
166KB, 900x434px
>>49255591
>a kind of misery porn
Greatly exaggerated. Earth Bet is a bad place and bad things happen when you give broken people superpowers, and the trigger warning at the beginning of the story is basically "if you pay attention to trigger warnings, do not read this", but there are few places where I'd say the author went overboard with the suffering.

The original is certainly better than literally all of the fanfics of it, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1473417081660.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473417081660.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>taylor's life until the timeskip
>>
>>49250192
If it has anything to do with the main plot, it's hot garbage.

Autistic, putrid, puke-inducing trash.

Endeavor to hunt down original stories that are set in the universe that don't involve a self-insert MC. That's the good stuff written by people who have actual creativity.
>>
>>49255631
>The original is certainly better than literally all of the fanfics of it, that's for sure.
The advantage is that fanfictions are short.
Even if they are shit, the time sink is barely existent.
>>
>>49255700
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/dancing-dragonflies-worm-cross-ange-rondo-of-angels-and-dragons.408935/

Here, read this.
>>
>>49255713
No.
>>
>>49255701
True. IIRC Worm is almost as long as the published ASOIAF series.

Worth it, though, especially in a year or so when the rewrite will be probably be done.
>>
>>49255713
>crossovers
>not invariably shit
Please.
>>
>>49255723
>invariably
I mean, I have no idea if what anon posted is any good, but please don't devalue Zenith.
>>
>>49255746
I don't know what the fuck it is, but it's probably shit. Some kind of Exalted cross, given the name?
>>
>>49255756
Yep. Post canon, by Ryuugi. It's a shame that talented chucklefuck cannot finish a story for the life of him. It is generally considered to be good.
>>
>>49255770
Definitely shit then.
>>
>>49255713
> Golden blonde hair that flowed down to her hips, perfectly raised cheekbones and full, luscious lips with a natural gloss and ruby eyes. She gave me a wide grin, as if seeing her only child tied up and thrown in with the garbage was the most amusing thing in the world.
Hahahaha.
>>
>>49255770
>Ryuugi
You mean the guy who wrote that RWBY/The Gamer crossover where the MC had 200 additional senses, including the ability to taste everything in a fifteen kilometer radius at once, while stopping time and being immune to damage, reading all of the minds in the entire world at once and shaping a Titan-class mech from scratch out of boredom?
>>
File: Coil.png (511KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Coil.png
511KB, 1000x1200px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>49255823
I wouldn't know about that one, but Zenith was really good. Mostly original characters, operators operating, Taylor going undercover in the CUI for a few years (and turning into an asian for the time because lol Exalted disguises).
>>
>>49255846
He was already a fairly shitty person.

And then his power allowed him to spend an entire lifetime torturing people for kicks.
>>
>>49255846
The mask makes him look like one of those gay onaholes with moustache.
>>
>>49228594
>>49234025
Does no one with long hair in this universe tie them in a bun when they're out fighting?
>>
>>49255905
Who knows. Sure would myself. Getting yanked by the hair, or getting it caught in whatever isn't pleasant.

I mean, at least ponytail it.
>>
>>49255905
Faultline hid her real hair under a cap and had a, with one tug removable, fake ponytail riddled with spikes as a decoy. I always wondered why we see no one else do something like that.
>>
>>49255557
Found the one that made me irrationally angry. Excerpt of the opening post:

>I do not like Dark. Why!? Why have you people infected me with all of your Worm fanfiction?

>To those who insist the canon must be read: I say No. I do not read dark fiction, I did not even read HP past the point where he starts carving words into his hands. But you have infected me with this mess, and so I must needs purge it by writing. So if you insist - then don't read it. That simple.

>To those who insist that conflict is vital, that bad things have to happen to good people to make an interesting story: I say No. Don't like that, don't read it. That simple.

Jeeeezus
>>
>>49255933
Because most capes are either vain, or foolish.
>>
>>49255946
Is that the notorious "Stepping on Worm" one? Fuck that one. Your anger is hardly irrational.
>>
>>49255946
Is that the "Legacy of the heromaker" thing that goes on and on and has nothing happening?
>>
>>49255846
He hired a buff body double to fool people but he's a skelington lanklet.
>>
>>49256025
Yes.

>>49256001
No.
>>
How exactly does Slaughterhouse 9 find all those people who they seem fit to join?
I mean Burnscar and Cherish I understand since they knew their targets personally. But the other members I don't understand.
Like take the Siberian for example, she targeted Bitch seemingly knowing that Bitch used to be borderline feral and can't relate to people but how did she find out about that? I don't think that even the Protectorate knew.
Another example is Crawler with Noelle, how did he knew that not only there was a giant out of control monster hidden in the city but also exactly where it was located?
Does the Slaughterhouse help each other find fitting nominees as some sort of team building exercise or family bonding?
>>
>>49255224
>Maybe it's more interesting if you are a fan of the original story, but I never read it.
Oh, so you're just a dipshit.

>>49255591
>I've seen excerpts posted here and there and the tone of the story striked me as a kind of misery porn.
You too.
>>
>>49256456
>Oh, so you're just a dipshit.
What? Because I don't enjoy a story that can't stand on its own merits?
>>
>>49256441
Maybe they have a timelocked Thinker, courtesy of Grey Boy, somewhere in a cave that they force to give out answers via Bonesaw's tech. Or by virtue of that Thinker being unable to not answer questions.
>>
>>49256474
No, because you read fanfic rather than the completely free original, which suggests that you're a stupid fucker with bad opinions.
>>
>>49256441
Cherish is a quite accurate, very large scale, in-depth, emotions sensor.
>>
>>49256490
Or maybe I don't want to sear my eyeballs reading all that shit on a monitor, when I can instead read a professionally published and edited book whenever I want.
Anything read on a fucking LCD screen is fastfood, not a real book.
>>
>>49256512
>Anything read on a fucking LCD screen is fastfood, not a real book
anon please at least put some effort into it
>>
>>49256512
Really not countering my point that you're a stupid fucker.
>>
>>49256512
Nah, you're just an idiot.
>>
File: 1409744916501.jpg (16KB, 162x273px) Image search: [Google]
1409744916501.jpg
16KB, 162x273px
>>49256512
>sear my eyeballs reading all that shit on a monitor, when I can instead read a professionally published and edited book whenever I want.
Yet you read fanfiction.
>>
>>49256557
Exactly.
Fastfood.
>>
>>49256576
Sounds like Cenotaph was too erudite and intelligent for your miserable palate.
>>
>>49256594
The last chapter of Legacy was pretty nice. Accord's organization actually portrayed as scary as balls, rather than told it is such.
>>
>>49256576
For fastfood purposes you are better off going to /r/WritingPrompts
>>
>>49255089
>And there was another that was quite interesting, with Dinah getting the power of coordinating people
Fucking Ack - I'm still mad about him for screwing that beautiful premise so fucking badly. Seriously, anytime the word "lesbian" or "bisexual" shows up in an Ack fic, close it the fuck down and flee. He can't do it. Recoil was an interesting concept, until Taylor turns into a not!LUG in college - the cringe was too intense.
>>
>>49256618
Didn't he also do Security and I, Panacea?
In the latter his SI spends most of the time whining about the possibility of seeing the naked body of the teenage girl whose head she's inhabiting.

The guy is kinda weird. I would have thought he's a teenager or something, but apparently he's supposed to be an adult.
>>
>>49256441
>Does the Slaughterhouse help each other find fitting nominees as some sort of team building exercise or family bonding?
Makes me wonder just how close the individual members were, I know that Jack doesn't actually care about them but Bonesaw seemed like she enjoyed thinking of them as a family, she called the other girls sisters and braided the Siberians hair and all, I also remember Shatterbird and Burnscar cuddling it up at a couch while reading books.
I could imagine that Jack would manipulate the members into being friends to keep their psychopath asses easier in line.
>>
>>49256618
Hehhh Recoil is still kind of nice. I mean, he has his magical realm, but the writing is still not awful, and them action scenes. Gladys is cool too. And I'm a sucker for leitmotivs.
>>
>>49256639
He's nearly 50. "Security!" was an SI story.
Now that you know that fact, enjoy the exponential intensification of the cringe he creates.
(though, to be fair, Security wasn't -bad- it's a fix-fic, but not a terrible one, and I didn't gag on him trying to write bi/les love)
>>
File: Mannequin.jpg (54KB, 531x1502px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin.jpg
54KB, 531x1502px
>>49256645
That probably depended on the individual member, Crawler and Mannequin were barely even humane and probably didn't care about interpersonal relationships.
>>
>>49257718
I'm tempted to write a sort of Weaver Nine type fic where Armsy and Bonesaw switch places. Riley's an old PRT vet of a biotinker, and young Colin is Jack;s newest and most promising project. Possibly with Mannequin being Colin's big bro.
>>
>>49259164
Weaver Nine was interesting because of the worldwide changes it brought to canon, though. With Jack at the helm of the S9, it's going to be same old same old.
>>
>>49229178
I'm not sure if this is thinker or not but I think it fits.

You have low level spidey sense and some reflexes to help you with it. You know what's going to happen before it happens if it'd hurt you but only a flash. You have longer and deeper visions the more you know about the target of the vision. You can't control them though. They happen seemingly randomly and even more randomly when you know about your target, too much and anything the target does that might have any unforeseen consequences will be a vision. Too little and you'll be just like you were as a kid, waiting for the next monster to attack.
>>
Besides "a Stranger who makes people believe that he is dangerous", what are your theories on Sleeper? Why is it that hundreds of miles around him have to be evacuated and whenever he moves they just adjust the no-go zone instead of containing him?
>>
>>49259674
Wide-range (not "blocks" more "thousands of square kilometers") Master effect making people see nightmares.
>>
>>49259674
A perfectly ordinary teenage boy with a power negating right hand who was broken by the fact that there are too many people in this setting living their lives incorrectly.

I wonder how Accelerator would fare in Worm. I think he'd be a pretty decent contender for the S9.
>>
>>49259674
He could just be a full on super nuke.
>>
>>49260577
Keep in mind Khepri noped the fuck out regarding him.
>>
Anyone here have experience playing a Weaver Dice campaign that wasn't through the IRC channel?

I personally dislike the 1 on 1 format and would like to know about alternatives, like roll20, anyone here ever got lucky finding a Weaver Dice game there?
>>
>>49259674
Read a theory somewhere could have been reddit that he could back up his conscienceness into all people who have knowledge of him so he can do whatever he wants and take over any persons mind that has randomly seen him passing in the streets. The reason they set up this big quarantine around him is for one so that nobody could accidently wander into him and get under the effect of his power, but also because even knowing what exactly his location is could be enough for you to be turned into a "sleeper agent", kick ass origin for his name IMO.
This also explains why they don't just nuke him (since they can't know where to drop it) and why Taylor didn't bother picking him up against Scion since this power was useless in that scenario.
>>
>>49262837
That's pretty fucking insane. But I habeeb it.
>>
>>49262837
So basically a Simurgh of sorts?
>>
File: 1473107722284.jpg (49KB, 780x547px) Image search: [Google]
1473107722284.jpg
49KB, 780x547px
During the Behemoth fight Dragon explained how Indias cape culture was divided into "hot" capes, flashy people who regularly appear in public and are basically celebrities, and "cold" capes, who do actually questionable stuff in secrecy like shade backroom deals and covert assassinations. Both of these types of capes had heroes and villains making the whole thing even more interesting.
America seemed to be fairly standard and was similar to what we know from superhero comics.
Do we know about any interesting cape culture in other countries or generally what would be interesting twists on standard cape culture? Like is there a particularly backwards country that just decided "fuck capes" and went full X-Men on them? Or a more undeveloped country where people started to think of people with powers as prophets from their gods or perhaps even of them as the new gods.

Also I wonder how those jungle tribes that never made contact with civilisation took suddenly appearing powers.
>>
>>49264530
There's something about capes in Latin America, where they are employed by the drug cartels and the equally corrupt governments. Neither side has the populace's best interests in mind.
>>
>>49264593
Africa is basically post-Levi Brockton, but all over. Some warlords are good, some bad, but everything is terrible ad prime real estate for the likes of the S9 and their foreign counterparts.

There's also Ash Beast.
>>
>>49264593
Mexico managed to stabilize for the better actually, the Protectorate were talking about expanding down there.
>>
Also, Japan had cape teams modelled after Super Sentai.

I wonder if their female capes model themselves after megucas. I wonder if megucas are even a thing in Worm. Cape comics aren't.
>>
>>49265358
>Cape comics aren't
Really? Not even pre-80's ones? Or ones of actual current capes?
>>
>>49265539
Both exist, but I'm sure pirate adventures, sword and sorcery, and planetary romance are much more popular.
>>
>>49265539
Pre-60s or 70s maybe, but they never got to the Bronze Age. Maybe they assumed actual cape stuff was grim enough on the news to have comics about that.
>>
File: The horror!.jpg (24KB, 280x428px) Image search: [Google]
The horror!.jpg
24KB, 280x428px
>screaming Accord in the distance
>>
>>49266920
Accord's a cool cat. Supposedly his Ambassadors are some top tier stuff when he's directly coordinating them.

A battle between them and the Nine would be neat.
>>
>mfw Glory Girl is literally a skinner box
>>
>>49267020
He's a crazed manlet, but that fight would be pretty sick.
>>
>>49267341
>Cyril Figgis vs murderhobo Jack Sparrow
>>
>>49266920
>don't see anything wrong with thi- OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE
>>
>>49266920

I am bothered by even numbers not divisible into integers when divided by four. I understand Accord completely.
>>
>>49267438
Does this mean Accord ends up fucking The Siberian?
>>
>>49267635
That's some serious brush burn on his dick though
>>
>>49267635
>sticking your dick in a non-Manton-limited forcefield
>ever
lol enjoy dying
>>
>>49267635
>he doesn't know
man it was a fucking mind trip finding out what the Siberian really was
>>
>>49270563
Oh I know, but Accord doesn't.
>>
What sort of voice do you imagine certain characters having? Any parallels?

I mean to me Grue is Tony Todd.
>>
>>49270985
When I read Coil I hear Troy Baker doing his Pagan Min voice.
>>
>>49271141
I hear Jack Slash as Pagan Min. Or maybe Accord.
>>
>>49271562
Well, more Jack. Accord isn't the type to stab a guy at his table. He'd use a trapdoor so there wouldn't be blood on the table. Coil seems too "sophisticated villain" to be Pagan Min.
>>
File: Hello, darkness, my old friend.gif (2MB, 245x164px) Image search: [Google]
Hello, darkness, my old friend.gif
2MB, 245x164px
>can't change XVM from rating to WN8
>XVM editors don't work
>voice packs don't work
>new UT announcer isn't as good as the old one, which doesn't work anymore
>>
>>49265784
But that makes as much sense as saying we don't have endless hordes of WW2 movies and games because that event actually happened and actual people died.
>>
>>49272086
Wrong thread, m8.
>>
>>49272960
Sure, but you did not have those during the WW2.
>>
>>49267438
Where does the "Jack Slash=Johnny Depp" meme come from?
>>
>>49273661
Worm.
>>
>>49273243
Actually, you did.
War propaganda had a field day and made all kinds of Captain America and Superman and other comics that were full of propaganda.
>>
>>49273942
Yes we had those but we did not have actual gritty and realistic movies about WW2 during WW2.
>>
>>49255905
>Try to pull hair for leverage
>Get bit by 20 billion spiders being hid in it
>>
Before the thread dies I just want to say that Rachel is cute.
>>
>>49277385
What definition of "cute" does she fit?
>>
>>49277451
Good girl.
>>
>>49277484
That's an opinion I guess.
>>
>>49277451
>"More than just a pretty face, a person who also is beautiful inside and makes others feel good by his/her acts, words or simple presence"
That's Rachel alright.
>>
>>49277499
>makes others feel good by his/her acts, words or simple presence
No.

No, it's not.
>>
>>49277514
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Wards, and I’ve been involved in numerous battles against the Slaughterhouse 9, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in urban warfare and I’m the top Tinker in the entire Protectorate. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with efficiency the likes of which has never been seen before on any Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Thinkers across North America and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the newest Endbringer, maggot. The Endbringer that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my halberd. Not only am I a master of armed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Miss Militia and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>49277514
Well thats how I feel about her but I respect your opinion.
>>
File: 1461033134533.jpg (19KB, 274x183px) Image search: [Google]
1461033134533.jpg
19KB, 274x183px
>>49277542
Dragon: "Colin..."
>>
>>49277542
>Armsmaster shitposting
my sides
>>
File: 1470166506944.png (108KB, 182x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470166506944.png
108KB, 182x240px
>read through pre timeskip in a couple of days, become absolutely addicted
>can't bring myself to go in post timeskip
>still hyped as fuck about what could be happening next, having heard about pieces of "Golden Morning" or "Slaughterhouse 9000"
>everytime I try to start again I just get lost and stop
>>
>>49277695
S9000 is frankly skippable.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.