[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 75

File: billy-christian-a0006472.jpg (315KB, 1000x1225px) Image search: [Google]
billy-christian-a0006472.jpg
315KB, 1000x1225px
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Previous Edition:
>>49213809
>>
DMs, how do you deal with having players who also DM, or players who read the monster manual?

Also, what is the best way to buff a gelatinous cube to be a worthy opponent for a party of four level 7 adventurers?
>>
>>49226597
You can always just change some statistics of monsters, give them new abilities, change their old ones or give them different weapons to switch things up.
>>
File: 1473084917259.jpg (85KB, 1030x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1473084917259.jpg
85KB, 1030x1072px
>>49226597

> "I'm going to light my arrows on fire to keep the troll from regenerating!"
> "How does your character know that's how to kill them? Make an Arcana check to see if you know how fire interacts with their regeneration."

And gelatinous cubes aren't a worthy opponent. By that level you have to add levels of complexity to the encounter in order to make it interesting -- give the monsters special actions or reactions, or ways to buff themselves in a way that keeps the adventurers from just steamrolling them. You can give the cube extra hit dice and attacks, but it just lengthens encounters -- it doesn't make them any more fun.

I gave a CR 14 unique solo villain the ability to leap as actions and reactions, and get special bonuses on attacks if she moved between attacks. She also had stacked single-target invisibility and special immunities, so you had to hit her with specific attacks in order to see her.

My players had an awesome time fighting that one, and had to think fast to avoid getting TPK'd.
>>
>>49226597
Buff creatures, and give them things that they don't have in the monster manual. As someone who has read through the monster manual it's actually nerve wracking when I have no idea how powerful the thing in front of me really is. It takes some time but it's greatly appreciated and I would consider you a better DM.

Also make it gargantuan give it a ton of health and have it attacking a city. Give it multi attack and make it sentient. Cause it's the Prime Cube.
>>
Since I do most monster stats on the fly (by either pulling up an appropriate CR creature, and adjusting them for the encounter), could I essentially take any old adventure module and run it as is, but make adjustments to monsters / treasure as I see fit for my game?

Is there any more depth to "conversions" than just the numbers of monsters, money, and magic items?

The adventure in question I'm wanting to run is either Isle of Dread, Great Modron March, or Red Hand of Doom.
>>
>>49224845
http://redkatart.com/treasure5e/treasureGen.php

This is both a treasure generator and a spellbook generator. Pretty handy.
>>
>>49226824
If you usually DM on the fly, you can DM an old published adventure like that as well, I don't see why you couldn't do that.
>>
>>49226597
Well, one can always alter the stats some, change the equipment the monsters use, add different effects, etc. But honestly I'm fine with my players reading the MM as long as it's closed at the table.

As for the gelatinous cube, make it part of a trap. PC's fail to stop the trap, they fall into a room. They can climb out but there are several cubes trying to eat them too. Go from there.
>>
File: PZO9265_Kopeshman_500.jpg (257KB, 928x2000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9265_Kopeshman_500.jpg
257KB, 928x2000px
Quick! Post your characters for Storm King's Thunder and whether your DM is starting you off at level 1 or 5!

NG Human (Mulhorandi) Far Traveler Champion Fighter who got time warped from the era of 2E Forgotten Realms and is now ready to take up the fight again since the Giants are resurgent once more!
>>
>>49226978
I already finished A Great Upheaval, with a War Cleric, but will be changing him into a Sorc/Bard for the rest of the adventure.

LE Half-Elf Charlatan Dragon Sorc/Lore Bard who wants to make some money to get some nice furniture for his crappy house in Waterdeep
>>
>>49227036

Why don't more adventurers do this, I adore playing the guy just looking to make easy cash to buy a fancy house or an engagement ring for his girlfriend.

And then he accidentally gets cold iron for his wood-wife.
>>
Recommend me a video where I can see a session of people playing D&D. I want to see how it flows more or less.
>>
>>49226978
not a player but I'm starting off my players with Phandelver
>>
>>49227145
Critical Role?
>>
>>49226642
Our old Paladin once asked if the banshee had an elf face. DM straight up told him no and he looked so CRUSHED, as if the Monster Manual was gospel.
That guy was a nice enough dude, but he could be awful at times. And that's not even talking about when he re-rolled his dice.
>>
>>49227145
Check out the Robot Chicken Chris Perkins video on youtube. If you plan to DM, there's also Chris Perkins' DM commentary, it's pretty fucking neat to get started.
>>
>>49227145
New Acquisitions Inc.
Critical Role
Drunks and Dragons
>>
>>49227162
>>49227202
>>49227206
Ok, thanks. I'll check them out.
>>
File: tumblr_ocylcx3IzR1sm1zsco1_540.png (131KB, 540x591px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocylcx3IzR1sm1zsco1_540.png
131KB, 540x591px
How do you guys think I should go about playing a Battlemaster/Ranger multiclass? Should I just play another build for a ranged martial or something? I like how versatile the maneuvers and spells can be
>>
>>49227247
I don't know everything about 5e, but if it's one tip I feel comfortable giving, that'd be "don't play a Ranger"
>>
File: 1426289487302.png (524KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1426289487302.png
524KB, 800x700px
>>49219027
Letting you know that I'm interested in seeing more of this and really hope you continue the work.
>>
>>49227247
If you're playing at a higher level, you might prefer bard to ranger, for the better choice of spells and more slots
>>49227265
This is wrong. The Hunter isn't fantastic, but /5eg/ hating rangers is a meme. The Beastmaster sucks, but you want Horde Breaker or Colossus Slayer anyway
>>
Any advice for a new DM?

Currently running Tyranny of Dragons and a number of the party are acting like prima donnas.

Here is a selection of what has happened so far:

>When I explained I had this new quest book called Tryanny of Dragons two of the players rolled Dragonborn in an attempt to maximize advantages.
>One player rolls 20 on a medicine check and demands "something cool should happen. Something great always happens on a 20". Got pissed when I said it made no difference.
>The party sorcerer wants me to allow him to create a spell that can do any damage type of his choosing as he casts it e.g. Fireball but can also be iceball etc Basically Swiss army knife the spell.
>No matter the odds or CR of a fight a number of the party think they should always have a good chance of winning and will fight to the last man when pushed.

I'm not looking forward to chapter two currently as it's the bandits camp and I fear they are going to try to hack their way through hundreds of enemies at level 2.
>>
Thoughts one this?

One of my players has a !Blackrazor (9th level barbarian). Instead of it being sentient, the Demogorgon is using it it to try and corrupt him, and play a part in using the sword to summon the Demogorgon onto the material plane. Last session, the player got KO'd multiple times, and straight up refused to do what the sword is asking.

My questions are: Is it too harsh moving forward that the sword gets depowered to +1, and on a kill I make the player roll a d20 where 20 gives him the THP boost, 1 summons a hostile Shadow with HP equal to whatever they just downed?

The Demogorgon is basically going to "geas" the barbarian into finding and destroying the Wand of Orcus, and destroying physical seals / temples that will then summon the Demo. What's the best way to go about this?
>>
>>49227265
That's a pretty shitty tip since Rangers aren't awful to the point of unplayability. Especially if your character has other gimmicks.

One of the biggest problem of Rangers is that the DM has to make efforts to make your two first features somewhat relevant.
Hunter's Mark is another issue.
Beastmaster is another issue.

>>49227247
Can you explain your character concept in other words than Battlemaster/Ranger multiclass? What are you trying to accomplish here?
>>
>>49227145
Temple of the Lava Bears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asPwTthfJFk&index=1&list=PLV_qemO0oatgObLdo4SNEtC8PUQMblhQs
>>
>>49227247
It really just depends on what you want out of it. I feel like the first 9 levels of fighter really wouldn't give you enough complimentary stuff if you're leveling in ranger at the same time. In theory you could just take the feat to get some expertise dice, but only one per short rest might not really cut it.

I guess I should have probably asked first, but how much do you plan to level them both up?
>>
>>49227247
Seems interesting, but wouldn't that just be the magic-less ranger from unearthed arcana? Or am I thinking of something else?
>>
>>49227292
>1
Ehhh, sounds like boring people.
> 2
Describe it in an over the top way. Mechanically though, nothing changes.
>3
Sure thing, but the damage is reduced, greatly compared to same spells of that level.
>4
Kill em.
>>
>>49227292
First one is so simplistically minmaxing. As if the PCs were going to be the tyrants or something?
>20 should be cool
This reminds me of those "i rolled a 20 on something and IT WAS AWESOME" stories from tumblr or facebook or something, with the really terrible DMs just enabling the players
In 3.5 there was a feat to change elements, but only to one element right?
Have you considered telling them, OOC: "If you try to fight, you will die. No rolls, you will die to this fuck-ass hundreds-strong horde of enemies" or something?
>>
>>49227292
to be fair, chromatic orb exists.
>>
>>49227303
So why pick a Ranger instead of, like the other Anon said, a Bard, or a Sorc, or even a Druid for the nature vibe and spells? That's my main issue with the Ranger that it is outclassed (pun not intended) in most of what you wanna do.
I've never played one, but the Ranger in our party never sees to DO anything, and the sentiment seems common among other reports too.
>>
>>49227292
Kill them, leave none standing.

The spell thing isn't an issue, just make it count as another spell known so he has to rethink if he wants to replace another spell he could take.
>>
>>49227384
Yes, and Chromatic Orb requires a 50gp gem to cast
>>49227292
Give the player the Chromaball, but make it require a 500+gp gem to cast. The gem is unpractically large, and obviously will draw any thief's attention
>>
>>49226978
LG Half-Elf Folk Hero Paladin of the Crown, Protection style. More or less a mercenary who goes where his shield is needed, accepts payment only from those who can afford it, and keeps the rest of the party's murderhobo instincts at least a little in check.
>>
File: Kushan.png (1007KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kushan.png
1007KB, 1600x900px
>>49227303
>>49227337
>>49227334

Basically I wanted to take the first level of fighter to get con saves and the multiclass in ranger gives the bonus skill anyway.

I would go for something along the lines of Fighter 1/Ranger 5/Fighter 3 and then the rest I don't know yet. What I'm looking for is a mix of control and multi target damage with things like Lightning arrow + Volley while using Trip attack and menacing attack to keep the ennemies in tough situations. Also spike growth and other spells to tage multiple ennemy and slow them down

The spell less ranger doesnt have one of the thing I want, which is the spells unfortunately.
>>
>>49227424
>and Chromatic Orb requires a 50gp gem to cast
>Money is practically useless after 3rd level in 5e

Make up your mind.
>>
>>49227292
>The party sorcerer wants me to allow him to create a spell that can do any damage type of his choosing as he casts it e.g. Fireball but can also be iceball etc Basically Swiss army knife the spell.
You mean chromatic orb? I'd be kind of worried that he argues for that shit instead of reading the book first
>>
>>49227364

>Have you considered telling them, OOC: "If you try to fight, you will die."

It doesn't seem to make a difference. For example in the dual at the end of chapter one I explained they had a knife to hostage's throat and she would die if they tried to dogpile instead of duel. Also there were hundreds of enemies outside the gate (all explained in the quest book).

The ranger responded by aiming an arrow at the kobold with the knife from the keep. I explained that he'd still able to slit her throat and even if he couldn't at least 4 other Kobolds were near by.

His response was I put 4 arrows in my bow. I then explained that that isn't how bows work in reality or in DnD for a level 1 ranger.

I explained no matter what they do the women would die if they didn't do the dual as set out. This is clearly stated in the book and the point is to create tension and demonstrate not everything is winnable.

This caused a massive argument.
>>
>>49227497
Just kill them desu, they need to learn the hard way
>>
>>49227480
Look, it's not the same giving the player a single target spell which can deal any damage type you want, and giving the player arguably the best AoE in the game, which stays good throughout all the game, and then have it deal any damage they want

Should we give the whiney bitch a spell which always deals any damage type the target is weak to too?
>>
>>49227495
>>49227424

He wonts a spell like fireball but before he casts it he picks what damage type it is before it is cast on the fly.

So if he is fighting something with fire immunity he'd turn his fireball into an iceball or a lightingball as he casts it.
>>
Speaking of terrible players, what was the biggest dick move another player has ever done to yours?
>>
>>49227435
Just go 3 levels of fighter if you're gonna multiclass with ranger desu. You only really need the first tier of archtypes according to your description.
>>
>>49227545
The trickster ratted us out to some baddies who were looking to off us because we stole a lot of the food they were smuggling
he did it for 10g and a new bedroll
>>
>>49227424
Chromatic Orb doesn't consume the gem. You only ever need the 1.
>>
>>49227575
Wouldn't that slow down the extra attack progression too much to go fighter 3 and then Ranger 5 ?

Action surge is good but isn't that amazing until you get two attacks.
>>
File: 1442137421442.jpg (20KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1442137421442.jpg
20KB, 500x259px
>>49227545
They didn't show up to the next session.
>>
>>49227545
The party rogue kicked me off a ladder to create a distraction so the rest of the party would get away, the next session was spent rescuing me from the fortress of doom
>>
>>49227628
well you could go fighter, ranger 5, fighter 2 but it would take a while for you to get the combat maneuvres. But whatever floats your boat, just saying that you only need 3 levels of fighter, the remaining 17 could be full ranger or something.
>>
>>49227434
Sounds like a pansy. He should just roll into town and demand tribute lest his gods punish them.
>>
>>49227545
>guy plays as anime based tiefling
>decide to set the tone by having townsfolk be really fucking rascist causing tiefling to make a threat
>gets on a boat
>gets told to keep morale up with a bunch of underpaid rowers
>i constantly throw shit at him to do, like checking cargo, dealing with dudes
>he's fucked up like 7 times and says anything he does is wrong
No you can't roll perception 4 times in a row you fucking faggot
>>
So, if I read this right, if you're only using 1pp, Conjure Celestial can only get you a Coatl, but if you cast it at 9th level, you get...a unicorn. Does anyone else think this is a bit underwhelming?
>>
>>49227497
"You shoot the arrows. As soon as the sounds are heard, the kobolds dogpile the woman, even though you hit the original knife holder. A pool of blood spreads around them, obviously having cut an artery."

>>49227545
Last session we played, the murderhobo Barbarian killed two hapless sailors who'd escaped from the kuo-toa, to see what was in the chest they'd salvaged.
100gp.
The chest was discovered after I (Druid) helped their buddy stand up and vomit cause of his food poisoning.
>>
>>49227722
Yeah I think so as well. Full build would be

Human variant: Sharpshooter feat.

Fighter 1 for con saves Archery fighting style
Ranger 5 Hunter, with either Colossus or Horde slayer. Spells :Hunter's mark, Hail of thorns spike growth and PwT. Grab +2 dex or a feat with ASI
Fighter 3 Battlemaster with Trip attack, Precisions attack and menacing attack
>>
>>49227545
They never sought to rescue my character.

It's fine though, they became >>49226978
>>
File: 1429914281282.png (298KB, 695x701px) Image search: [Google]
1429914281282.png
298KB, 695x701px
>>49227497
>I explained no matter what they do the women would die if they didn't do the dual as set out.

Stop railroading them.

Describe the situation they are in, ask what they want to do and let them try and fail at it.
>>
>>49227752

>A pool of blood spreads around them, obviously having cut an artery

In hindsight that's what I should have done and will try to do in the future. It's difficult being a novice DM when you have a contrary party.
>>
>>49227864
Our DM has made it clear to us that some things just HAPPEN. If a character picks a fight with an army, it's not cutting player agency to say "ok you get arrested/killed, roll a d12 to see how many you wound" or something, it's just shortcutting.
Hell you can even throw an "are you sure?" in. "Are you sure you wanna nock 4 more arrows? You are? Alright."
>>
What do you play when you get bored of 5e? i know i will comeback but i need something to clear my mind
>>
>>49227934
I'm trying to get a Star Wars RPG campaign off the ground. And we're restarting the 5e campaign cause shit was getting sloggy.
>>
>>49227934
I've been playing Trail of Cthulhu, seems pretty fun so far
>>
>>49227497
I think you're just talking/explaining too much and that's perceived as weakness.

Your players are difficult, that's for sure. Treat them like responsible adults. Either they'll start respecting you and understanding the game, or they won't and they'll want to stop.

That's a win-win. Sessions with them, as it is, seem tedious at best.
>>
>>49227825
If you can take it, get close quarters shooter Fighting Style with one class, and Archery with the other. Close quarters shooter lets you ignore all but full cover within 30ft of you, removes the disadvantage on ranged attack rolls while adjacent to an enemy, and gives an additional +1 to hit bonus.
It's in the Underdark UA
>>
>>49227934
Personally? Changeling: The Dreaming
>>
What's a good campaign? We're nearing the end of curse of strahd and want something new to play
>>
>>49227934
ERPs

Barring those? Usually OSR games.
>>
>>49228086
i like OSR, but i am looking for something more like epic/heroic fantasy
>>
File: onegai'd.png (570KB, 639x850px) Image search: [Google]
onegai'd.png
570KB, 639x850px
Can anyone sell me something on Mystara setting and should I play them old-ass settings in 5e?

Any answer shall be much appreciated
>>
>>49228044
well, there's SKT, obviously
>>49227934
My group and me regularly go back to 3.5
Try it, you'll want to play 5e again soon enough
>>
>>49227966
Thanks for the tip I'll def go with that
>>
>>49227292
>Sorcerer
Either make him take chromatic orb, or homebrew a metamagic ability that changes the element (within reason) or a different type of damage for 1 spell point.
>>
>>49228119
Mystara is one of the greatest settings ever. Grab the gazetteers and have a look.

Long story short: Setting is Earth in the far distant past with humans and all sorts of shenanigans. Blackmoor, Arneson's old campaign setting, is even older and is a sorta mythic past from which the setting springs from. While it may seem like a generic setting at first it has some of the coolest shit in it (flying gnome city with biplanes, magical radiation that is draining the world of it's magic, elves living underground but are not drow but properly pale ass motherfuckers, the original NPC players wanted nothing more to do than slaughter Bargle the Mage, and no gods but immortals who most of whom are badass adventurers who ascended).

Check out Pandius for more details and their "Newbies Guide" pdf for more.
>>
File: 1385977677552.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1385977677552.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
Any fellow DM's use a lot of music? Do you switch between certain playlists or just keep continuous background songs playing? I usually find myself fumbling trying to switch to combat music through my media player etc.
>>
>>49226597

Apart from the others suggestions like buffing stats, try to add something unexpected like the Gelatinous Cube having a Legendary Action or some feature that was featured from another monster.

That'll show em.
>>
>>49228044
I like Empire of the Ghouls myself but converting it takes a lot of work
>>
>>49227384
I was going to say that. But chromatic orb also requires a diamond worth at least 50 gp, which is expended, every time you cast it. So that flexibility comes at a steep cost.
>>
>>49226978
That's a good picture for that character.
>>
>>49228127
I have nothing against 5e really, but i dont think i will come back soon to it
>>
File: 1462497596346.jpg (145KB, 628x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1462497596346.jpg
145KB, 628x1273px
Question: Is Deflect Missiles with the monk a reaction action? I find the wording a bit fuzzy...
>>
>>49228279
re-read the spell/rules there, m8
>>
>>49228213
To be honest, the best type to set up music is right when you throw your PC's into a harmless puzzle/"ok decide what order you're marching in"
Just set up like 2-5 different songs.

Now that I've said that, what's /5eg/'s favorite "non-bossfight"/random encounter music?
I like to use "Conflict's Chime" from Bravely Default. It's heroic, intense, but not dire!
>>
>>49227292, >>49227497
What a bunch of fucking idiots.
Your ENTIRE TABLE is That Guy.
You certainly have bad luck anon.
>>
>>49228290
Starting at 3rd level, you can use your reaction blah blah blah
>>
>>49228086

Where do you get your ERP fix, senpai?
>>
>>49228286
If you don't mind my asking, why are you bored of it?

Barring that, try something completely different, shake shit up. Variety is the spice of life and stuff.
>>
>>49228290
Yes. It quite clearly states that you can you your reaction to catch or deflect a missile when you are hit by a ranged weapon attack.
Catching it is just a reaction, throwing it back costs ki
>>
>>49228290
>Starting at 3rd leveI, you can use your reaction to deflect or catch the missile when you are hit by a ranged weapon attack. When you do so, the damage you take from the attack is reduced by IdlO + your Dexterity modifier +your monk leveI.
>>
>>49228290
I don't really see how you could possible find it fuzzy when it's the first line of the description
>>
>>49228343
i really enjoy 5e, but fuck does it attract some stupid fucking people.
>>
>>49228326
I frequent F-list. I tend to play elf lolis in fairly vanilla sort of scenes though. Still, check it out. It has "groups" which are like subforums and /tg/ has one or more. If you prefer a chatroom, you can use F-Chat and then click on the "channels" option and scan the public and private channels for ones that pique your interest.
>>
>>49228326
I'm not that Anon, but I get some regular ERP on f-list, met a few good partners, it's pretty fun.
>>
>>49228343
To me it reads like "you react" which you do pretty much all the time, not "using your reaction action". But it's already answered...
>>
>>49228363
I was just assuming it was some lazy fucker who didn't want to check the book himself
>>
>>49228373
>>49228370
Do we have a hive mind now?
>>
>>49228381
>You can use your reaction
how the fuck does that read as you react?
>>
>>49228384
I mostly hang out in F-Chat, not even the tg room, so probably not. Also I wouldn't play an elf, I have standards.
Still, f-list, that's good
>>
File: 1441244047859.png (226KB, 468x345px) Image search: [Google]
1441244047859.png
226KB, 468x345px
>>49228370
>>49228373

>F-List

What's your profile? I've got an itch to work on my text-based roleplay.
>>
>>49228213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhzZ4FtOpEk&list=PLdSUTU0oamrx82PEvoOxStPXwCAR3cG2J

I usually play them on my phone which is bluetooth connected to a bluetooth speaker. Works well and I rename the tracks to the appropriate moment like "Inn" or "Battle" or "Travelling - Day" or "Travelling Night", etc.

The World of Warcraft Ambient playlist on Youtube is my go-to. I haven't played WoW in years but the music is perfect for just about any moment I need to set the mood. I mean, just before the session, the table was rather noisy and some were getting restless. Expected since it was a bunch of people new to DnD but the moment I booted up Grizzly Hills theme and opened up my introduction to Lost Mines, everyone just quieted down and got drawn in as we went into Goblin Arrows part. Felt pretty great.

That said, I use some other music but I try to shy away from very well known music pieces like Final Fantasy since my table had a lot of JRPG and CRPG fans. They were the kind that would go "Oh hey, that's from [game/movie/show]!" if it played and I wanted to set the mood right. WoW isn't popular amongst these folk so the WoW soundtrack was perfect. I also found good tidings from using Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright's soundtrack which had a lot of medieval-esque music. There was some success with some anime tunes like a score piece from My Hero Academia soundtrack.

>>49228303

Courtroom Magic from Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is oddly a good piece for combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD4VCSyUMr8

In fact, a lot of the game's soundtrack is great for DnD.
>>
>>49228381
here's some friendly advice:
When they book mentions "reaction" assume it's the Reaction "action"
When the book mentions "bonus action" assume it's talking about "Bonus Actions"
When the book mentions "an action" assume it means the "Action" action.
>>
>>49228455
Send a note to Bonelord Nito. It's my OOC lurky hangout char
>>
File: Read Nigga Read.jpg (34KB, 333x100px) Image search: [Google]
Read Nigga Read.jpg
34KB, 333x100px
>>49228381
>>
>When you are wielding a glaive, halberd, pike, or quarterstaff, other creatures provoke an opportunity attack from you when they enter your reach.

Does this mean if any monster approaches me within 10', I get to make an attack of opportunity? Like before they even get to me? This sounds awesome and quite powerful if that's how it works.
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>49228498
>no uppercase
>no mention of actions
To me it could just as well mean "as long as you're aware of the attack...".
>>
>>49228543
Yes. It is.
>>
So question, is it on the DM to decide if a monster uses Multiattack or does a monster with Multiattack MUST attack twice?
>>
>>49228543
Yes, but AOOs use your reaction, so you can only hit one opponent
>>
>>49228593
It's all on the GM. The multiattack action just preforms two attack actions, no reason the monster couldn't just attack once. The real question is why wouldn't it?
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (14KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
14KB, 300x230px
>>49228566
>>49228595
Thanks for the quick clarification.
>>
>>49228593
As far as I know it's on the DM.
It's not like a Fighter HAS to hit something twice just because he's fighting after all.
>>
>>49228551
Is English not your first language, or are you honestly just this dense?

The words "action," "bonus action," and "reaction" are never capitalized in system unless otherwise required to by grammar.

Furthermore, there is no such thing as a "reaction action." It's just "reaction." Which you would know if you read the damn book.

Read.
Nigga.
READ.
>>
>>49228455
Depends on what you're looking for. Like I said, I tend to frequent the site with lolis so that might not be up your alley...
>>
File: jsweet pal.jpg (333KB, 887x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jsweet pal.jpg
333KB, 887x1200px
>>49226483

A big question came to me today anons, how in the hell do you DMs handle weapon swap?

Whats a good system to use?

I let my players use those 3 quickslots in the char sheet, and basically using their movement, they can switch freely between 3 weapons without going to the inventory and wasting a complete turn.

For example my party Paladin uses a Halberd and a sword and shield, 3 weapons, he can forgo move and switch, say, from the halberd to the longsword, freely? Is it fair, what if he had a two handed sword and a bow?
>>
So i am play a Dex Pally, Is there a good magic armour to have that is 1/2 plate or something along those lines. LvL 12-13 atm looking for something to replace my current kit. I have read the DMG, so don't tell me about that. thankyou for any replies.
>>
>>49228625
>>49228639

It's just that I'm gonna run a Lost Mines of Phandelver for a group this weekend and I just read through the module and one thing that stuck out is the Redbrand Ruffian encounter if the adventurers decide to dick around Phandalin. I fear that Multiattack is gonna cut them like glue. I could always not let the Ruffians use it but damn, it looks brutal esp if they decide to head to Phandalin after the Goblin ambush.
>>
>>49228709
the adventure is well written and the encounters are a proper level challenge
>>
>>49228709
that's why you let them rest before the bandit encounter, there is a reason why the recommended place to go is the inn
>>
>>49226597

player knowledge != character knowledge, a character might know about the monster they're fighting, or might have to roll to remember it
>>
>>49228330
I think its mostly because i am looking for a game with more options, i was reading one of the wizards spells "mirror image" i was thinking how could would it be to have that spell with a beginning character that is also a warrior or rogue
>>
>>49228674
Maybe Iam just using the action for drawing any weapon on those slots, you can move and use the action to take out the weapon, going to the inventory wastes both move and action.

Iam going to settle for that.
>>
>>49228764
The implication is that the players metagame. See also my Paladin example, the dude recognized the banshee from the stuff (scream etc), and he was crestfallen when his guess was 'wrong' (it was a banshee, just with a human face)
>>
>>49228674
Drop switching/throwing weapon switching should be a free action. Taking away all movement to swap weapons is dumb as fuck, cut off 5' or so if you have to but not the entirety of it.
>>
>>49226597
Describe monsters, don't name them. At least for things the characters shouldn't know about (or much about).
>>
File: ELF 1.png (351KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
ELF 1.png
351KB, 1024x749px
>>49228709
Really impress upon them the need to get to the Goblin cave. Maybe they catch one of the goblins, or have a "trail" they discover that leads towards the cave with body drag marks. But if they feel like heading to Phandalin let them. Not every adventure will be run exactly like it's supposed to out of book.
>>
File: 1423941943768.gif (489KB, 497x373px) Image search: [Google]
1423941943768.gif
489KB, 497x373px
>>49228816
How about
>>49228798

I am bit lost here sorry.
>>
>>49228674
Every round of combat is 5 seconds.
It's not unreasonable to, say, throw a javelin and then unsheath a sword.
However, it may be less reasonable to shoot a bow as someone charges you, then swap to a halbred carried on your back.
Honestly, it's just up to the DM
>>
>>49228791
Honestly? Try GURPS or something a little more freeform. Hell, use the Unofficial Elder Scrolls RPG even.
>>
>>49228854
It's 6 seconds desu
>>
Having reviewed SKT (which no-one I know wants to play...) I can safely say that this is a valid bladelock strat:
>Find a giant's sword.
>Put a rune on it, making it magical
>Make that shit your pact weapon
>Get above something, I don't care how
>Descend, atop the giant flaming broadsword that just appeared out of nowhere.
>>
>>49228862
I am scared
>>
>>49228851
If I'm reading this right the time in which you can
>pull out a spell component, say a little verse and make a motion to cast a spell
>swing a weapon twice or more
>run 60'
you want to be spent on swapping weapons?
>>
Rank the 5e published adventures out so far, iyo

Curse of Strahd
Out of the Abyss
Lost Mines of Phandelver
Princes of the Apocalypse
Tyranny of Dragons
>>
>>49228961
Curse of Strahid
Princes of the Apocalypse
Out of the Abyss
Tyranny of Dragons
Lost Mines of Phandelver
>>
>>49228303
>>49228464

I'll keep that in mind. Not a huge fan of warcraft soundtracks, they're too grand for my tastes.

Go-to combat theme is this or its variants. No one at my table has good taste in games so they don't know it and I never get bored of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSwATqPUsv0
>>
>>49228303
>Now that I've said that, what's /5eg/'s favorite "non-bossfight"/random encounter music?

The Witcher has plenty of great songs for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUHq08Jv6hE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUCgYaUGdNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UENb3lLSQho
>>
>>49228960
So you would advise a free action to swap unless its something like a bow.

Doenst it interfere with the combat?
>>
>>49228921
Of new systems? Or are you just trolling right now?
>>
>>49228961
Lost Mines of Phandelver
Storm King's Thunder
Princes of the Apocalypse/Curse of Strahd
Out of the Abyss
Tyranny of Dragons
>>
>>49229065
If they're doing something complicated like swapping from a sword to a bow I usually let them do that as an object interaction as long as they drop whatever they have in hand that they are switching out (instead of sheathing it).
>>
>>49229039
Fuck it's been ages since I've played M&M.
The only theme I remember is the over-the-top city theme for orange(chaos?) in m&m IV
You know which one I'm talking about.
>>
File: 1561649841.png (351KB, 483x484px) Image search: [Google]
1561649841.png
351KB, 483x484px
City of Doors adventure when?
>>
>>49228213

There is a section on using music. Its pretty good advice and a good starting point.

http://www.serenadawn.com/ADVICE-FOR-GOOD-ROLE-PLAYERS.htm
>>
How is DMDJ? I mainly want it for the soundboard cause it looks snazzy as fuck.
>>
>>49229077
of gurps, but i welcome universal systems
>>
>>49226722
Pic looks like a half-asleep Keira Knightley.
>>
>>49229127
didn't play IV, couldn't get into it
sure you don't mean this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kdVZ06ssgM
>>
>>49228213
I play this in the background pretty much every game, it's just works really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5yEFgYlPH8
>>
>>49229358
It's not a really hard system to grasp. Just grab the pdfs of the books you want, look up a let's play (or even better, a vid of creating a character) and roll with it. Once you get past the first few sessions it's actually fairly easy to wing 90+% of it.
>>
>>49229473
musical dogshit
>>
>>49229473
I remember samus, swell music. Though I don't see it working for a classic fantasy campaign.
>>
File: 1421797857617.jpg (187KB, 700x751px) Image search: [Google]
1421797857617.jpg
187KB, 700x751px
>>49229272
>that site
>cd-burners
>CASETTES
How old is this exactly? but thanks!
>>
Is it ever a good idea to play a character who has a vow of silence?
>>
>>49229846
No
>>
File: 6548946131.png (559KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6548946131.png
559KB, 1280x720px
>Lost Mines
>they get to Glasstaff
>party is interrogating him
>suddenly one of the party members say he feels sad for him (apparently I sounded sad and desperate during roleplay)
>I blurt out "The Redbrands... we weren't always like this..." cause it was the first thing that popped into my head as a response
>rogue who spearheaded interrogation asked "What do you mean? Maybe if you tell us, we can help you..."
>my mind goes blank
>suddenly go into a sob story about the Redbrands being a brotherhood of thieves who stole from the corrupt and used stolen shit to fund the health of the poor in the region
>session ends with hint of redemption of Iarno (still gonna go to jail though) and reconciliation with Sildar and perhaps an uneasy but budding alliance with some remnant Redbrands who want to stop the Black Spider before turning themselves in
>party goes something along the lines of breaking the Black Spider to see if he too has a sad backstory
>mfw

Got any "oh shit gotta improv!" DM moments like this that ended up better than you thought? Cragmaw Castle attack is gonna be interesting cause my party is working with Redbrands ruffians and forming squads. It's gonna be nuts.
>>
File: 1454666682030.png (1MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1454666682030.png
1MB, 2480x3508px
>>49228674
I forget where i read it either in the DMG or sage advice but dropping a weapon is a free action that doesn't cost them anything.

However the players have to use their interaction to draw a new weapon or item from their bag. If you don't already know, you're only allowed one interaction per turn so they can only switch their items once per turn; any more drawing of weapons would require the use of their action.

If the players decided to move and attack with the new weapon they have left the weapon they dropped on the ground behind. If they stayed in the same place, they can use their interaction to pick up the dropped weapon and then move or do whatever they plan to do.

Player A with the crossbow expert feat uses action to attack with heavy cross bow.

Then uses his interaction to pull out a hand crossbow.

Then uses his bonus action to attack with hand crossbow.

Moves away so he doesn't get stomped by tanky enemy leaving his heavy crossbow behind.

Ally slays monster.

Player A use his action and bonus action to shoot his hand crossbow twice.

Moves back to where his heavy crosbow is and picks it up with his interaction.
>>
>>49229976
Shit forgot to write he drops the heavy crossbow before drawing the hand crossbow.
>>
>>49229952
I DM'd LMoP as my first campaign and the party decided to go to Neverwinter in the third session. Cue a couple of hours of improvisation and ass-pulls before the session ended and I could actually prepare something proper for them.
The party ended up staying 8(or more? hard to remember the exact amount) sessions in Neverwinter, taking a trip to Thundertree as a bit of a break from the routine.

They ended up getting tangled in a handful of political plots and schemes, making enough enemies to last them a lifetime (of a high-level Elf Druid) before finally moving on to Cragmaw Castle.
>>
>>49229952
I never once followed a module. But then again I only made 3 campaigns, Iam a beginner DM, but I enjoy improvise all the time.

Best way to do it is forget about encounter\locations and have at least 3 npcs\bbeg with agendas, its up to the party to do what they want.

As for places I always remember something from comics\movies\books, depends on the place the party currently is.
>>
>>49226483
Anyone have a suggestion for a city/town map, something in the 1000-2000 population zone?
>>
>>49230002
What if the player has a sling for his crossbow, like a modern tactical firearm sling or similar.
>>
>>49230206
For a second I thought you were talking about some sort of tacticool modern version of a sling in the weapon sense not like a strap, and I was having a hard time imagining what that could even be
>>
File: 69egRes.png (2MB, 1440x864px) Image search: [Google]
69egRes.png
2MB, 1440x864px
>>49230142
>>
I want to make a naval Age of exploration campaign in a fantasy setting. Fuck. My players are so boring.
>>
>>49227743
A unicorn has legendary actions, can teleport, heal, and can basically give a free +2 AC to someone else. I agree CR 5 seems a bit underwhelming for a 9th level slot, but unicorns are pretty powerful when you stop to consider he wasn't really designed to fight against the party, but to help it instead.
>>
How would be a non wizard necromancer?
>>
>>49229846
Sure, but don't make them a spellcaster, and find another way for them to communicate. Maybe they carry signs.
>>
On a quick run through of SKT I can't seem to find the statblocks of the main Giant Lords. Can anyone confirm if they're somewhere in the book or if the design team mentions they put them together with the normal blocks for those giant types?
>>
https://newbiedm.com/2016/09/07/stranger-things-demogorgon-for-5e/
>>
>>49230387
Death Cleric is a good one, I think? I was also tweaking the idea of a Warlock necromancer (or at least reanimator minion master) and also a Druid necromancer. Thinking Golgari Swarm here. "Death that brings life that brings death" deal.

What did you have in mind?
>>
File: nigger.jpg (146KB, 1440x396px) Image search: [Google]
nigger.jpg
146KB, 1440x396px
Which black npc is your favorite?
Even though blacks don't play tgs and Faerun has no sizable black population per lore, we need four options...
Be a good goy now
>>
>>49230387
Sorcerer: Favored Soul.
>>
File: tg.jpg (114KB, 475x601px) Image search: [Google]
tg.jpg
114KB, 475x601px
>>49230824
>>
>>49230824
And a hurka durka right back at you.
>>
>>49230824
Now that you mention it yeah, FR has no blacks.

Greyhawk at least had the tribal Flan.
>>
>>49229952
Running Out of The Abyss for a bunch of veterans and a handful of first timers (7 people in total). They almost succeeded at killing Ilvara and saving Jorlan when his plot against her was revealed (by the players!).

So now I had the elite drow warrior run from the mad priestess and go after them. She was so mad she summoned a Yochlol, but botched the roll (a 99) so I decided Lolth was preeetty displeased with her incompetence and dragged her ass to the abyss to 'reward' her. Party was really terrifying, Jorlan included. I am slowly turning him into a Drider, tho. Pretty goddamn fun so far.

And oh! They kinda adopted Stool and Prince Derendil as their mascots, it is cute.
>>
>>49230824
But I'm black and I play tgs
>>
File: fa7f5-humans.jpg (203KB, 798x521px) Image search: [Google]
fa7f5-humans.jpg
203KB, 798x521px
>>49230892

Forgot pic.
It sad Greyhawk kinda died, its generic but feels better than Forgotten Realms to me.
>>
File: 1472330157851.jpg (5KB, 126x118px) Image search: [Google]
1472330157851.jpg
5KB, 126x118px
>>49230892
>Now that you mention it yeah, FR has no blacks.
it does now
4e phb had a black halfling
5e phb had a million blacks, now this in the new adventure >>49230824
Chris Perkins is a homosexual degenerate who hates Trump, hardly a surprise he's nigger obsessed
>>
>>49230206
Slings work the same way as bow and arrows. So long as the player has bullets in their pouch they can draw from that for their next attack similar to the way a quiver functions.
>>
>>49230921
are you one of these niggers?
https://vimeo.com/39114507
>>
>>49230942

Players handbook also has terrible art with really stupid characters trying to fit sjw really hard. That half orc Paladin is adorable, and the black gnome wizard. Fuck off.

But hey the DM book is much better.
>>
File: Humans1.jpg (29KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
Humans1.jpg
29KB, 500x286px
>>49230824
>FR has no blacks
This is a canonical depiction of the main races of FR. Both Mulan and Calishite are pretty dark nigger-like, man.
>>
>>49230942
>Chris Perkins
(((Chris Perkins)))
https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD
lel
>>
>>49227292
Have them encounter a group of Raiders with bolos...
>>
File: 1472071149559.png (203KB, 371x473px) Image search: [Google]
1472071149559.png
203KB, 371x473px
>>49230978
>what you said: FR has no blacks
>what i said: Faerun has no sizable black population
nice try happy merchant

>>49230981
https://twitter.com/chrisperkinsdnd/status/696183185827233792
Reminder: the lead designer of 5e is a shill
>>
>>49230978
Calishite are black (with some blood from other peoples like those from Zakhara and elementals and shit) but the Mulan are basically Egyptian/Babylonian/super-earliy Semitic/super early persian People as per lore (that's why there are Egyptian and Babylonian gods in FR).
>>
>>49229634
I have no idea but it doesn't matter as the advice given through out is pretty solid if you skim over the mecha rpg gameplay story crap that doesn't jibe with the subject at hand most of the time
>>
>>49230978
So are the Turami and the Akadi and several other ethnic groups in Faerun.
I love how fuckheads talks about how fantasy "needs more diversity" but always fail to read, play, or educate themselves on the matters they speak of.

Fantasy has had a lot of diversity for thirty fucking years now, people like that are just both ignorant of everything they speak of and too lazy to do their own research.
Comic books are the EXACT same way too these days.
>>
File: 1472886211044.jpg (16KB, 287x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472886211044.jpg
16KB, 287x338px
>>49231034
>Calishite are black
they're arabs
genies and shit are everywhere
>>
>>49231034
>Mulan are basically Egyptian/Babylonian/super-earliy Semitic/super early persian People as per lore (that's why there are Egyptian and Babylonian gods in FR).

There's some surprisingly dark skin in that part of the world what with Africa being a stone's throw away.
And in Faerun places with heavy Turami ethnicity are nearby places like Unther and Mulhorond too.
>>
File: Calimport-cover.jpg (72KB, 452x578px) Image search: [Google]
Calimport-cover.jpg
72KB, 452x578px
>>49231034
>Calishite are black
th-they're black!!
>>
>>49231028
I stand corrected.

>>49231038
I see what you are saying and I will raise you an agreeing nod and a thumbs up.
>>
File: 1472071056564.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1472071056564.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>49231038
>Turami
>Akadi
literally who?
>>
>>49231028
>https://twitter.com/chrisperkinsdnd/status/696183185827233792

All the faggots at Wizard of the Co$t are liberal Hillary supporters that worship corruption and lies.
>>
>>49231084
The Mulan are actually descendants from the slaves of the Imaskar empire. Don't take my word for it, but the ancient Imaskari used gates to sequester people from ancient Egypt and enslaved them. That is why we have egyptian gods in FR. They came here through Ao's and Path's intervention because all those slaves where praying something fierce and those prayers needed to somewhere to go. Imaskar fell in 10 days after Horus laid waste to the Imaskari Emperor.

Again, don't take my word for it, google it yourself.
>>
>>49231114
Point proven.
See, here's an excellent hint for life; when you open your mouth to speak of something, it should be because you are knowledgable and have researched your knowledge, or to ask questions to remedy your ignorance.

If this is too difficult (and for some it is, no shame in it), an easy solution is to simply not speak unless spoken to.
>>
>>49231114
>doesn't know fucking shit about FR
Are you fucking serious right now? Google it.

Goddamned spoonfeeders.
>>
>>49231170
I know, actually.
They've also lived next to several darker-skinned cultures on Faerun for....I dunno, how long? Two thousand years or more?
>>
>>49231114
>Turami
"The Turami peoples that first inhabited the Greenfields had been farmers and had farmed the Menesankh lands for thousands of years before the Mulhan emigrated westward from Raurin."
they were nobodies who were made black in recent editions to satisfy the sjw

>Akadi
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Akadi
an elemental lord?
>>
If the West did not exist, or disappeared, which culture would you guys think would reinvent tabletop D&D?
>>
>>49231190
A thousand and eight hundred to over two thousand, I think. Slightly older than Netheril.
>>
>>49231195
Sorry, the Arakiun.
The native peoples of Dambrath.
>>
>>49231224
So a long fucking time.
Durpar and the Shining Lands have pretty dark skin too, since they're kinda India-inspired.
>>
>>49231220
>which culture would you guys think would reinvent tabletop D&D?

None of them.

They will focus on more important matters, like determining blood-lines and settling tribal feuds.
>>
>>49231220
Define "West." Would Japan/Korea be considered part of that? What about Turkey? Etc etc
>>
>>49231195
>made black in recent editions to satisfy the sjw
Where did you get that, pray I tell?
Because as far as I know they have always been dark skinned ever since second edition.
>>
>>49231195
>they were nobodies who were made black in recent editions to satisfy the sjw
There's some Turami characters described as having "mahogany and brown skin" in Waterdeep as early as 2e.
>>
>>49227545
Horde of the dragon queen. I'm playing a wizard cultist of Tiamat who betrays the cult because he saw a vision that it is not what Tiamat wants. Still wears Cult robes but helped the party track down one of the masks and fight several deadly foes and is linked to the Lords alliance through whom his services came to the party. Enjoys being super helpful and friendly especially to the Bahamat cleric with an added May Tiamat bless your endeavors worshipper of Brother Bah'.

Anyway, in one encounter an enemy under attack moves over to me and says You minion, what are you waiting for attack them! And we have a chuckle because lol yeah I am still wearing the robes.

So our party horc Pole arm champion suddenly says Okay I run out of combat, sprint to anon and attack him 5 times, shoving with the first. And killing me.
>>
File: 1472069698205.jpg (26KB, 366x440px) Image search: [Google]
1472069698205.jpg
26KB, 366x440px
>Original Racist: There are a million black npcs now for some reason, despite the fact that Faerun has no noticeable black population.
>Thread: B-but *some obscure racial group that used to be non-black but was recently changed* exists in a small corner of the map!!

>>49231226
>Racist Guy says "literally who" when told that the Akadi are a blackrace
>gets called a faggot by the thread who doesn't know FR history
>gets accused by the thread of needing to be spoonfed
>Turns out the SJW poster fucked up and posted the completely wrong thing in the first place >>49231226
>the (((black))) races are so forgetable in FR the SJW can't remember what they are called
>Original Statement: no noticeable black population
>guess the original racist was right all along

This fucking thread...
>>
>>49231226
>Sorry, the Arakiun.

>>49231183
>Are you fucking serious right now? Google it.

ok...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Arakiun
>literally nothing
>>
>>49231326
I DEFINITELY got Akadi and the Arkaiun confused, because the Arkaiun are definitely obscure.
The Turami have been an important part of Faerun forever though and have showed up in multiple supplements because they're a very important trading culture.

That said, I think the Arkaiun might not be super dark-skinner because I think they might also be the dominant ethnicity of the Shaar, which has a different sort of feeling to me culturally being filled with lots of nomadic horse folks.
>>
>>49231326
>waaaah they are putting blacks in my rpgs, waaaah
Get over yourself, jesus.
What the does it matter what skin color they have? You don't even need to play with them, you piece of shit.
>>
>>49231375
You know the wiki is bad, right?
It hasn't been updated since 4e happened and is out of date.
Next to nothing at all from the SCAG is even IN the wiki for example and it still things sun elves and moon elves are called "eladrin", which they are not in 5e.
>>
File: 1472130928718.jpg (652KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472130928718.jpg
652KB, 1920x1080px
>>49231258
That is really sad.

>>49231260

BY West I mean Western Euro\ America, Greco Roman legacy and all that jazz.

Japan/Korea are pretty well Westernized and have TT fans, I am just being ambiguous for the sake of it.

I truly believe the West has the special characteristics that led us to explore seas and space, to create something as crazy as a Republic, and the ultimate time waste game that is tabletop.
I hope I dont come across as exceptionalist, the more I learn the more clear it has become to me. The West is crazy and I love it.
>>
File: 1472178094872.gif (1MB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1472178094872.gif
1MB, 207x207px
>>49231402
>gets BTFO
>resorts to personal attacks
gg i guess
>>
>>49231429
Honestly, D&D wasn't invented by any of those cultures.
It was invented by a bunch of Americans.
>>
>>49231383
People from the Shaar and Lapaliiya are pretty dark skinned. The books described them as a dark mahogany skinned people, with thick black hair. Same goes for the people in the jungles of Chult.

>>49231375
Holy shit, you people are useless...
http://www.realmshelps.net/
There.
>>
File: 1472181797921.png (38KB, 329x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472181797921.png
38KB, 329x450px
>>49231260
>Define "West."
you are being obtuse if you act like you don't know what people mean when they say The West"
>>
File: original.jpg (2MB, 1500x931px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
2MB, 1500x931px
>>49231460

Well I know.

Thanks America. Thanks Gygax and wargaming.
>>
>>49231460

>>White Americans
>>
>>49231441
You yourself made nothing but baseless accusations yourself.
As a black skinned non american tabletop player I felt pretty personally offended.
>>
File: 1472811325696.webm (2MB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
1472811325696.webm
2MB, 640x440px
>when you take damage but have 20 charisma
>>
>>49231487
>People from the Shaar and Lapaliiya are pretty dark skinned. The books described them as a dark mahogany skinned people, with thick black hair. Same goes for the people in the jungles of Chult.

I knew about Chult, but thanks for the info on the Shaaran and Lapiilyans.
I wish there was more info on regions east of Chult, I think the most I found was in the Serpent Kingdons book.
>>
>>49226597
I make up monsters and give them what I feel to be fair stats

>buff a gelatinous cube
It's fast, like really fast
it's sentient
it can shape-shift, (enjoy that first round of surprise combat)
they meet it in a tight corridor/ dead-end
it reforms unless x (did someone say side quest)
only x hurts it
>>
File: 1472439134123.gif (2MB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
1472439134123.gif
2MB, 375x211px
>>49231543
>As a black skinned non american tabletop player I felt pretty personally offended.
lol
>>
>>49231429
The west had a lot of lcuk and stole freely from other cultures to feul our own rise. I will give you that a shit ton of stuff was invented and done in the west, but trying to make broad statements is actually a pretty dumb thing to do. Example is your statement that the west had the "special characteristics that led us to explore seas and space" is just false. The Arab and Hindu and East African and Phoenician traders were plying the wide seas for some time but the west wanted to cut the Arabs out of the trade so they went west in hopes of finding a way around the world to the Indies. It was purely economical. As for a republic, there are plenty of cultures that had unique rules of governance, and you'll note that most republics of note until the mid 1940s on had fallen at least once if not more right? Every culture brings something to the table that gives a new insight into the way humans and culture at large works.
>>
>>49231553
I was doing a pre-spellplague game there and the border kingdoms, around the politics of the Lake of Steam and the fight against Zhents and Banites. It was pretty gud.

You can find more in the Realmshelp here:
http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/bordersouth.shtml
There is a veritable well of knowledge from the 2nd ed they didn't transfer to the third and died in the fourth, so most of it remains stored away here and in the candlekeep forums.
>>
File: 1472327384281.png (565KB, 887x709px) Image search: [Google]
1472327384281.png
565KB, 887x709px
>>49231594
>lcuk
>stole
>feul
stopped reading here, cuck
>>
>>49231493
No, because a lot of people make sometimes arbitrary lines. Some people consider Japan and Korea and Taiwan part of the west, some exclude them. Some people include Eastern Europe, some don't. Generally speaking only the Americas are ever always linked to the West for numerous reasons.
>>
>>49227497
>His response was I put 4 arrows in my bow.
I like his style
>then explained that that isn't how bows work
not: make 4 attack rolls, they must all succeed.
then let the dice decide her fate
>>
File: 1472089836932.jpg (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1472089836932.jpg
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>49231594

Your indoctrination is pretty good.

Look I dont want to argue, lets drop it. Go read some classics.
>>
>>49226597
15 levels of druid
>>
>>49231609
I've been using that for my current game, actually, which involves lots of travel outside the Sword Coast and North.
>>
>>49231665
>Your indoctrination is pretty good.
le happy merchant grins
>>
>>49231629
Sorry for posting from my phone, anon. Phone keyboard sucks. Also, stole is a word and was used correctly.
>>
>>49231038

I'm so sick of niggers/faggots/cunts appropriating our white(hetero male) heroes and villains in Sci-Fi/Fantasy mediums. Let them get their own fucking franchises and stop fucking up ours.
>>
>>49231715
We cant anon, for being the first people to civilise them, we now have to slightly dwindle and slow down while they try to catch up. In the end they will thank us.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (33KB, 574x218px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
33KB, 574x218px
>>49231715
>>
>>49231258
Because westerners never fought or killed over ethnicity.

The stuff they teach Nazis is really astounding.
>>
>>49227545
>be fighter
>"combat"
>advance towards the foe
>ranger takes a shot at them
>hit's me in the back
>[half health]
>"oi watch it"
>engage in melee
>2nd round
>arrow hit's me the back of head
>die
oh syren how can you do so much damage, ye have such poor aim
>>
>>49231715
aaaayyy inbred rednecks...
>>
File: akadi_by_auriv1-d6524i3.png (432KB, 800x813px) Image search: [Google]
akadi_by_auriv1-d6524i3.png
432KB, 800x813px
>>49231762
nigga wuuuuuuuuuut
>>
>>49231811
naw uh, we meant this nigga
http://www.tecofc.com/en/joueurs/akadi-alain
>>
>>49231762
Akadi goddess of air?
>>
File: 1472059515207.jpg (160KB, 695x572px) Image search: [Google]
1472059515207.jpg
160KB, 695x572px
>>49231809
>aaaayyy inbred rednecks...
haha yea, anyone who isn't a willing cuck must be a redneck lol
>>
>>49231827
>>49231038
>So are the Turami and the Akadi and several other ethnic groups in Faerun.
>>
File: 608.jpg (33KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
33KB, 405x540px
>>49231038
i love this post so much
it's such an arrogant fuckup
claims akadi as a nigger race
then tells others to learn the setting
im so happy right now
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (10KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1420750829573.jpg
10KB, 250x241px
>Three players come to the table with Elves
>They all have apostrophes somewhere in their name

Why.
>>
File: Laughing dice.jpg (37KB, 752x375px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing dice.jpg
37KB, 752x375px
What was it some people were saying the other thread about how we're better than /pfg/ because we don't take bait?
>>
>>49231853
He was mistaken.
Here. Find out for yourself, and stop bothering other people.
http://www.realmshelps.net/index.shtml

Do you want more spoonfeeding?
>>
File: Damn.png (210KB, 401x600px) Image search: [Google]
Damn.png
210KB, 401x600px
>>49231883
>Erev'aros Mel'ar the Sun Elf
b-but he looks so cool+cute
>>
>>49231665
It's not indoctrination, anon, but truth. Name the cultures that developed the following:
The concept of 0
Numerals
Pinhole camera (camera obscura)
Gunpowder/guns/cannons/fireowrks
Steam engines
Chess
Inoculation
Paper
Compasses
Flamethrowers
Land mines
Toilet paper
Playing cards
Major ship capable of long ocean travels designs pre-1700's

Again, lots of things were invented by those in the West, but simple and wide-sweeping statements about cultures is pretty bad.
>>
>>49231907
.... I... I think that's Sauron.
>>
>>49231892
>He was mistaken.
and he always will be
>>
>>49231892
He's a troll.
A really obvious one at that.
>>
>>49231907

>Posts a Maiar
>Calls it an Elf
>>
>>49231907
I'd hit it.
>>
>>49231883
Do it as I do; I never memorize any names until level 4. Is true I have a higher than normal death rate in my games, but I find out I don't really need to remember the characters name that much anyways... Sometimes nicknames will do just fine.
>>
File: Chgd5L4U4AA566d.jpg (86KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
Chgd5L4U4AA566d.jpg
86KB, 600x615px
>>49231926
>Name the cultures that developed the following:
>peanut butter
>and literally nothing else
>>
>>49231928
it is lol, actually
>>
>>49231964
Language, dust pans, closing elevator doors, gas masks, modern home heating, modern home security systems

Those are just the things off the top of my head.
>>
>>49231933
But I ain't. Cordiality is free, for a while. Plus, poor guy, look at his response. He is barely holding it together.
>and he always will be
It is cute, in a pathetically endearing sort of way.
>>
in my campaign there's no blacks
or whites
just shades of grey
>>
File: SunElfWarWizard01.png (682KB, 995x1148px) Image search: [Google]
SunElfWarWizard01.png
682KB, 995x1148px
now this is a sun elf evoker

>>49231998
>dust pan
wtf are you talking about
>>
>>49231402
Why do artists and writers have to change their fictional works to include any skin color? If I don't have the experience to write black characters, why should I write black characters and culture that would end up being stereotypical?

Why hasn't someone just written a setting where the majority of people are black?
>>
>>49232022
>shades of grey
You playing in the Underdark, nigga?
>>
>>49232041
They did once actually, but you haven't read it.
Was not bad in a Robert E. Howard sort of way.
>>
>>49232041
>Why hasn't someone just written a setting where the majority of people are black?

Those tend not to stand on their own for reasons that might be fairly obvious to you.
>>
>>49232009
>Plus, poor guy, look at his response.
>poor guy who just dominated this thread
>how will he live with himself
i dunno i might go watch Sifl & Ollie
>>
>>49232071
Enlighten me. Or endarken me if that's how you see it.

I would be thrilled if people on the inclusion train were writing their own stuff and promoting it instead of trying to insert to what's already popular.
>>
>>49232041
What are you even talking about, mate?

>Why do artists and writers have to change their fictional works to include any skin color?
I haven't seen such a thing happen. Care to enlighten me?

If I don't have the experience to write black characters, why should I write black characters and culture that would end up being stereotypical?
Are you asking yourself or is that a general question? I don't know what you want from me.

Why hasn't someone just written a setting where the majority of people are black?
Zakhara was pretty much like that. I know of a few other settings, but most 'uni-race' settings don't deal with humans. If you count things like dark skinned dwarves as black and other things like that there are some settings out there.
>>
>>49232112
>I would be thrilled if people on the inclusion train were writing their own stuff and promoting it instead of trying to insert to what's already popular.
me too actually
>>
>>49231964
Modern traffic signals, the fire saftey hood, the engine of the first steam-powered warship, etc.

>>49232041
>>49232112
The people so inclined to write settings with mostly (or only) black people usually do so with an agenda to push, and are therefore shit at writing. I've seen a few settings like that, and most are either full we wuz kangs from space n shit, or racial holy war lite.
>>
>>49232094
Ok, one, don't use the word 'dominated' in polite conversation. Ever. That is for Counterstrike kill-cams.
>>
>>49232143
>The people so inclined to write settings with mostly (or only) black people usually do so with an agenda to push, and are therefore shit at writing. I've seen a few settings like that, and most are either full we wuz kangs from space n shit, or racial holy war lite.

It's a weird dichotomy. A worthwhile culture can't seem to produce anything that doesn't rely on antipathy toward another culture.

>Zakhara was pretty much like that. I know of a few other settings, but most 'uni-race' settings don't deal with humans. If you count things like dark skinned dwarves as black and other things like that there are some settings out there.

Never heard of Zakhara. What makes it a cool setting besides the blackness?
>>
File: 1472331260567.jpg (41KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1472331260567.jpg
41KB, 640x853px
>>49232194
>Ok, one, don't use the word 'dominated' in polite conversation. Ever. That is for Counterstrike kill-cams.
>hes in damage control mode
>>
File: 1472411178463.gif (233KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472411178463.gif
233KB, 500x281px
>>49232197
>Never heard of Zakhara. What makes it a cool setting besides the blackness?
based reply
>>
File: 1472449581636.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
1472449581636.gif
2MB, 200x293px
>>49232143
>Modern traffic signals
The world's first, manually operated gas-lit traffic signal was short lived. Installed in London in December 1868, it exploded less than a month later, injuring or killing its policeman operator.
huh
>>
>>49232197
It is a thousand and one nights setting. It had a lot of nice classes like the Shahir and the elemental domains. Remind yourself that it is a setting for 2nd ed so it was pretty fluffy and had very little game content.
I think I can find it if you want.
>>
>>49231998
>modern home security systems
they certainly INSPIRED the invention of home security systems, but you can't take the credit that easily...
>>
File: 1472810502525.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472810502525.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>49232274
>they certainly INSPIRED the invention of home security systems, but you can't take the credit that easily...
kek
>>
Would someone please report this asshat for transparently trolling?
Or at LEAST stop responding to him
>>
>>49232197
There's a third category I neglected to mention, because I've never seen a completed setting of one. Basically, the third option is to make a moderately good/okay setting with black people as a focus, and then have it fall into obscurity due to the black show ghetto.
Anytime a show/movie/whatever focuses on a black lead, viewership is likely to drop as a whole, as white people immediately think "Oh, this isn't for me then, alright." and stop watching. It's the same with female leads to a smaller extent.

>>49232259
That's why I specified modern. That traffic signal had two colors, with the addition of the third yellow signal being done by one Garret Morgan, who also invented the fire safety hood, a simple form of gas mask.
>>
>>49231907
Guess who's getting called "Mel" ?
>>
File: 1472325830137.png (107KB, 307x307px) Image search: [Google]
1472325830137.png
107KB, 307x307px
>>49232313
>That's why I specified modern. That traffic signal had two colors, with the addition of the third yellow signal being done by one Garret Morgan, who also invented the fire safety hood, a simple form of gas mask.
uh huh
quite the innovation
im impressed
>>
>>49232094
Crescent Fresh.
>>
>>49232334
im on ep8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGJdR8vsdRU
>>
Question for experienced DMs
Do you usually tell your players the DC of an ability check or do you just tell them to roll?
>>
>>49232022
>just shades of grey
Is that an 'ayyyy' thing or a bad romance novel thing?
>>
>>49232356
>Do you usually tell your players the DC of an ability check or do you just tell them to roll?
naw don't tell them
>>
File: Thermae_boxer_Massimo_Inv1055.jpg (116KB, 640x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Thermae_boxer_Massimo_Inv1055.jpg
116KB, 640x1037px
>>49232143

Josh Sawyer did it Pillars of Eternity, made black people Italian.

Its genius.
BUT WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US?
>>
File: 1428190838083.png (33KB, 219x264px) Image search: [Google]
1428190838083.png
33KB, 219x264px
Tell me about the cool knights in your party!
>>
>>49232381
We have none
>>
>>49232313
>"Oh, this isn't for me then, alright." and stop watching. It's the same with female leads to a smaller extent.

Wouldn't it be great if non-whites also thought this way about stuff white people made and just supported their own stuff? They'd be funneling wealth to their own people and fuel their own creative efforts instead of helping whites and then complaining about whiteness everywhere.

I have nothing against a black-centric setting if it's a cool place. If the first time I read Eberron it said humans are mostly black, I still would have liked Eberron because of lightning rails, airships, dragonmarks, and all the other neat stuff in the setting.
>>
File: 1448726102088.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1448726102088.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>49232397
>If the first time I read Eberron it said humans are mostly black, I still would have liked Eberron because of lightning rails, airships, dragonmarks, and all the other neat stuff in the setting.

Really? Because I would've had a problem with it then because the vast majority of my character art is white people.
>>
>>49231775
Did he purposefully shot at you, or was your DM a dick?
>>
>>49232381
female human paladin
noble background
spear
bully
this is her theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIqtnRmjtkg

halfling hides in her petticoat

played by DMs wife, who's funny as fuck
>>
>>49232381
The Halfling Champion Fighter and Dragonborn Battlemaster with dual wielding I'm currently hosting are great fun.
>>
>>49226722
>Noticing that the creatures wounds are stitching back together healthily, I try to cauterize them with fire.

Maybe an intelligence or medicine check, but honestly? That's just common sense.
>>
>>49232355
I remember this coming on when I was a young tween and loving it.
Also, in the USA, a song from Sifl and Olly called "My United States of Whatever" came out on a Liam Lynch album after the show had been cancelled. The song hit the radios in like 2003-04: 4-5 years after originally playing in an episode. It gave me weird deja vu.
>>
File: Valygar.jpg (21KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Valygar.jpg
21KB, 210x330px
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?
>>
>>49232438
I don't worry about character art since I don't draw. I get really detailed in writing.
>>
>>49232356
No
Unless they all fail it, when I expected at lest some to pass.
In which case I might revel it for opinions on whether I've set it too high, or if they just can't into dice at that exact moment.
>>
File: ifl-joust-4.jpg (4MB, 1848x2419px) Image search: [Google]
ifl-joust-4.jpg
4MB, 1848x2419px
>>49232381
We have a knight from Veluna Paladin, that wants to murder a Tiefling PC.
He also tries to speak in litanies because he is a huge 40 faggot.

However he carries most of team in fights with his carefully chosen Halberds\Lance and sword and shield combo. He is durable as fuck.
>>
>>49232478
kek
>>
>>49232331
The fire saftey hood was pretty impressive. Garret Morgan demonstrated it's effectiveness to the world by rushing into a tunnel filled with dangerous fumes and saving several miners trapped down there, outdoing the firefighters.

>>49232397
I have no idea when this trend started, but I'd have to guess it was way back in the land of the 50's/60's, where being a black family and having a TV was wonderful and new enough that the race of the people on the screen wasn't as important.

Besides all that, TV shows generally need a multiracial demographic to succeed largely, and black people are used to seeing white faces on TV enough to identify with them. The inverse only holds true on certain celebrities, like Will Smith or OJ when he was on TV.
>>
>>49232380
Actually the Valian Republics had a bunch of different skin colors. It was just kinda what's her face, Paladin McFeatherhead who was dark-skinned, and the Valians had a lot of different skin colors and shit.
That setting seemed to have most cultures be extremely heavy on travel and be pretty diverse and ethnically mixed with most notes you find saying they having a lot of exploration and stuff.

Except the halflings.
They were treated like absolute garbage and everyone assumed they were squatting and/or stealing shit.
>>
What do Aasimar look like currently in Forgotten Realms? For some reason I have it stuck in my head that they're taller than humans by a fair amount and have solid colors for eyes?
>>
>>49232536
>It was just kinda what's her face, Paladin McFeatherhead who was dark-skinned, and the Valians had a lot of different skin colors and shit.

Fuck you

" The Vailians are people native to the Vailian Republics. Ethnic Vailians (humans and a small number of dwarves) have dark brown skin and tightly spiraled, dark brown hair. They most commonly have brown or black eyes, but occasionally have green, hazel, or grey eyes. Vailians are widely known to be skilled seafarers[1], and they pride themselves on their well-made and intricately-decorated clothing, often made with rare materials and dyes to which they have easy access. Vailian dwarven men often grow beards."

>have dark brown skin and tightly spiraled, dark brown hair
>>
File: 1472182242008.jpg (42KB, 564x496px) Image search: [Google]
1472182242008.jpg
42KB, 564x496px
>>49232527
>The fire saftey hood was pretty impressive. Garret Morgan demonstrated it's effectiveness to the world by rushing into a tunnel filled with dangerous fumes and saving several miners trapped down there, outdoing the firefighters.
cool, white people wouldn't have thought of that
we'd still be dying of smoke inhalation w/o that nigga
wew
>>
>>49232527
(((Television))) is not beneficial to you, and the novelty doesn't outweigh the damage. It's not for whites or blacks anymore.
>>
>>49232584
Beat me too it. Basically if you see a black person wearing bright colors in that game they're probably Vailian
>>
>>49232594
I know, just trying to explain a bit of the history of how the trend may have started for so long without protest. And the latter part of what I typed still holds true to this day.
>>
>>49232463
>she once layed her hands on me
>chick playing her said "it's n-not like i like you or anything baka"
>table bursts out laughing
i love this game
>>
>>49232565
Aasimar kinda used to look like whatever (like how Tieflings used to have a lot of variance), but they were always majestic-looking.
A place with a lot of assimar is Mulhorond, where rather then be part-angel they're actually descended from deities (who kind of got around a lot and stuck around in moral form a bunch), so they probably look like astoundingly attractive or otherwise "divine" humans.

I remember an old supplement saying that a lot of assimar have no physical feature differences compared to Tieflings (who were all practically hideous mutants), but you could "feel" that there was something different about them when you talked to them somehow, like they had almost a physical glow or something.
>>
File: 1472186366812.gif (320KB, 360x266px) Image search: [Google]
1472186366812.gif
320KB, 360x266px
>>49232594
>(((Television))) is not beneficial to you, and the novelty doesn't outweigh the damage. It's not for whites or blacks anymore.
an enlightened post
congrats
>>
>>49232643
>(like how Tieflings used to have a lot of variance)
What happened with that anyway?
>>
>>49232463
>halfling hides in her petticoat
based
>>
>>49232628
Yeah I just don't think TV should succeed anymore. It's an outdated model that's not really satisfying, and entertainment by consensus dilutes all our cultures.

I had Indonesian food for the first time today. I like that there are still things for me to discover because we haven't blended everything together.
>>
File: 1472254383115.gif (975KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472254383115.gif
975KB, 500x281px
>>49232738
>Yeah I just don't think TV should succeed anymore. It's an outdated model that's not really satisfying, and entertainment by consensus dilutes all our cultures.
>I had Indonesian food for the first time today. I like that there are still things for me to discover because we haven't blended everything together.
holy fuck another good post
>>
>>49232698
4e, basically.
WotC tried to make it's various settings as similar as possible to examples in the core rulebook (not sure what the logic was, I think maybe it was to make it easier to learn them or something) and so kinda did retcons and had Asmodeus did some kinda thing that made all Tieflings look like him but apparently did absolutely nothing else to them at all (didn't even make them more inclined towards evil or anything), which kinda makes you wonder what the hell the point of that even was.

The SCAG mentioned they're the majority but also mentions traditional tiefling types are back too, so it's just one of those weird 4e FR things that they decided to more or less ignore in the rules.
They still draw the majority of Tieflings as red attractive people, but honestly there was a lot of that shit well before any of that happened.
>>
>>49232381
human paladin
acolyte background
plate and Zweihänder
int is dump stat
>"Ignorance is a virtue"
path of vengeance
>"better to strike down the innocent, then permit the guilty to escape"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udI19nj7fdc
currently has solved every moral dilemma thrown at them with dudacious application of circular logic and trials by ordeal

and all in all makes a wonderful counter point to my sneaky little bastard of a hobbit
>>
>>49232381
>Warforged who is defective and believes he's a gnome trapped in a suit of armor
>Has the moral development of a pre-teen, very black and white
>Recently died because divine sense detected 21 undead around him and he decided it was a good idea to antagonize the formerly-non-aggressive vampire in front of him and all his spawn by drawing his weapon and attacking first
>>
>>49232359
why not both
>>
File: Tiberius.png (166KB, 500x3883px) Image search: [Google]
Tiberius.png
166KB, 500x3883px
>>49232381
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (1KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
1KB, 210x230px
>>49232844

Speaking of a supposedly possessed Warforged, what's an easy way for me to play a "Legion" type character? That is, a character that is actually a gestalt intelligence of multiple spirits inhabiting the same body.
>>
File: 1472843604694.jpg (73KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472843604694.jpg
73KB, 600x750px
>>49232536
>>49232584

And whats really sad, is that its an interesting high fantasy setting with 30 years war level of tech.
As a culture of course white people didnt fucking invent everything, fuck the Greeks didnt invent everything, there was even that saying that they only made others inventions better.

White people " conquered the world " because we created many unique cultures and understood 3 things about cultures others failed to grasp. Who cares if China invented gunpowder?

Its difficult to define but we have at least 3 things that really mattered in the long run

Rule of Law
Respect for Property
A god blend of professional military and Citizen Militias, maybe its not the correct term, I mean a leaning since Greek times to fight for what you believed in.
>>
>>49232846
Because just one of them is bad enough?
>>
So Lathander is Amanator now? What sort of changes would that make for an adventuring cleric on-the-ground, who is pretty far removed from any organized clergy?
>>
>>49232918
Kalashtar have two spirits. One is human and one is an ancient nightmarish aberration that for some reason takes pity on humans and wants to live in harmony with them. Kalashtar act strangely adult from the moment they are able to speak and often seem to be deep in thought or perhaps even talk to themselves as they are never really alone.
>>
>>49232995
they are aspects of the same god
so choose whichever
>>
Quick question because I'm dumb and apparently terrible at Googling. Can a War Cleric use Channel Divinity to give +10 to a spell attack roll? Book says attack roll, but I'm not sure if I'm to take that as a weapon/unarmed attack roll or any kind of attack roll.
>>
>>49232995
Where did you read that? The wiki? Because it's badly out of date, circa 4e.
Because Lathander and Amaunator are separate again as of the SCAG, or perhaps fully separate aspects of the same deity.
>>
>>49233045
If it says attack roll, that means any attack roll regardless of whether it's a weapon or spell.
>>
File: 1472256508364.jpg (40KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472256508364.jpg
40KB, 560x400px
wow thread died when I left
sorry watching Sifl & Olly
>>
>>49233339
It is okay my child, the thread is in autosage now. I pray the Mods look after us in the next.
>>
>>49233408
/tg/ is great again.
>>
>>49233408
ill be there, cuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9C6BiZKArI
>>
Most OP class for the early levels? My group is starting again for the 100th time and now I realize we'll never get a character past 7 -8 so no point investing myself so heavily in the character. Now I'm just gonna try to make something super OP to tear the early content apart and make our DM cry :P

any tips?
>>
AKADI LIFE MUHFUCKA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phvv3Uf7ARY
>>
File: Warlord.jpg (75KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Warlord.jpg
75KB, 500x750px
>>49233495
Variant human fighter, paladin, or war/life domain cleric wearing heavy armor, and use your free feat to get the heavy armor master feat. Also, use one handed weapons and get a shield. With this setup you are almost invincible against most lower CR enemies.
>>
>>49233622

Thanks! that sounds pretty funny :P

was thinking of going Druid cause the form switching seems pretty strong early on
>>
Anyone else playing a Ranger right now?

I'm only level 4 but I can already attack a total of three times thanks to Hunter's Mark and Horde Breaker, and with all my stats I can use sharpshooter (which takes a -5 penalty on an attack roll but gives +10 damage on a successful one) and still have a +4 on every attack roll. It's fantastic. Can't wait until I can attack twice at level 5, which means:

Attack once, Sharpshooter + Hunter's Mark damage, use Horde Breaker to attack his mate, attack someone else, use Sharpshooter and Hunter's Mark again, then use Horde Breaker again on someone else close by.

I love Rangers. Ammunition is quickly becoming a concern though.
>>
>>49233722
Colossus slayer is also pretty OP.

But then again all classes do monstrous damage. I have to give big HP to monsters god damn it.
>>
>>49233741
Our DM is getting frustrated that we're killing shit so fast. We have six people in our group and we took out Cyanwrath in about two rounds of turns, the first of which was a surprise round anyway.

It's so odd doing an actual campaign that is fully mapped out. I've only ever done custom games before.
>>
>>49233807
Its going fine for me because I just went insane and it worked.

I DM a game of 5 people and I constantly throw bottomless pits, environmental damage, ambushes and always tons of high AC enemies backed up by leaders buffing them up, and the occasional completely absurd boss with 500 hp.
>>
>>49233719
It most definitely can be, but it is much easier to kill the animal forms if your fighting hoards of weak creatures. If your fighting a small number of tough creatures, the animal forms will serve you well. With my suggestion, numbers wont be a big issue. As long as they aren't all rolling 15+ to hit you, you will take next to no damage.
>>
>>49233854
We had some of that shit too. Someone triggered a trap and a ceiling caved in on my ass. Luckily I didn't die. I wish I rolled better last session though. Two 1's and no natural 20's where it counted.
>>
>>49233884
I'm definitely gonna try that! Which would you say provides the most reliable damage?
>>
File: Ranger.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Ranger.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Best Rework for the Ranger? Is this the solution to fix them?
>>
>>49233741
>Colossus slayer is also pretty OP.
wut
>>
>>49234191
scout ua
>>
>>49227292
I'm gonna assume you were roped in to GM for an existing group? It sounds like that since they are so confident telling you what to do. 4 is a bit different though, some people simply want a scaling world where like a video game you are able to win any fight the GM throws at them. If you don't (want to) run that kind of game, tell them and probably don't GM for them.

If you are online, do NOT compromise much at all, because GMs are so heavily sought after that you could find another group in a day. If they want to keep you, make them compromise. Also HotDQ is considered the worst adventure IIRC, barely salvageable with big changes but not really worth it.
>>
>>49234237
HotDQ was rushed out. There is errata for it. Most of the complaints are that its too linear but I think that is intentional as it was meant to be the next adventure run by new players after LMoP.
>>
>>49234191
Consensus Ranger is considered the best one, I just replace it with Blood Hunter and use Scout Fighter and Hunter Ranger to salvage the cool features. Remaining is Beast Master which I don't have faith works with this system or in general (you want a pet that you form a bond with, but unless it's immortal it's just going to feel like a class feature eventually as it dies several times).
>>
File: 1473053201290.png (120KB, 244x255px) Image search: [Google]
1473053201290.png
120KB, 244x255px
>>49234359
just play scout fighter you nigger
>>
>>49234191
I will be honest, I want this merely for the Herbalist appendix. It's goddamn good!
>>
>>49234399
>and use Scout Fighter ... to salvage the cool features
Read you nigger?
>>
New thread >>49234665
New Thread >>49234665

Neighbor of the Beast
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.