[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout Official RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 3241235235212552q24.jpg (99KB, 1264x632px) Image search: [Google]
3241235235212552q24.jpg
99KB, 1264x632px
What are the chances of an Official Licensed RPG in the Fallout setting?

I love the setting but none of the fan made RPGs are that great, they all seem to have glaring issues or varying levels of actual playability. Also Fallout General.

Bounc Point time: What are the chances of a GOOD licensed RPG?
>>
I think I'm the only person on earth that likes the pre war dystopia of Fallout and would play an RPG set in that timeline
>>
Just use GURPS. SPECIAL draws heavily on GURPS anyway.
>>49215535
I'd play it.
>>
>>49215535
I like that it's not a complete crapsack world, and people are starting to rebuild, not to mention I love the old 50/60's aesthetics instead of some weird half modern thing.
>>
In our group we had the same problem so we re purposed the only war system, it's working out well so far still working out the kinks though.
>>
File: 1440130468837.jpg (564KB, 1600x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1440130468837.jpg
564KB, 1600x1135px
>>49215505
I believe Sawyer actually made his own Fallout system. I'd post it but my internet is to slow for that right now.
Let's get a related topic going so the thread doesn't die, I really like Fallout.
What are some critters you've thought of for the world? Where are you setting it? Who was phone?
>>
Would you guys have any idea of good quest ideas? I love but don't write well dark humor. javascript:quote('49215535'); Pre-war would be neat
>>
>>49215613
>Just use GURPS. SPECIAL draws heavily on GURPS anyway.

No it doesn't, I don't know why people keep parroting that. Just because some early version of fallout was going to be based on GURPS doesn't mean the end result is anything like it.
>>
>Implying Bethesda wouldn't somehow fuck it up.

I think a Fallout RPG would be best based on an OSR game, Other Dust for instance. My reasoning is that the original Fallout CRPGs start out rather similar to your standard OSR game, with you subject to a high degree of swingy lethality where any bandit could score a lucky hit, and then becoming something of a difficult to threaten demigod that requires goons in power armor packing sophisticated high tech weaponry to threaten effectively.

From there it's just a matter of incorporating decent rules to differentiate the weapons (autofire should be fairly lethal to feel like Fallout), a perks system, and statting up the gear itself.
>>
>>49215505
Just use GURPS, since it was originally planned to be used as crunch for Fallout 1 and 2.

None of the licensed games can even pass as "average" - they are all just painfully bad on the crunch side.
>>
>>49217405
The original Fallout CRPGs were GURPS with changed name and mechanics moved from 3d6 to percentiles, you inbreed
>>
>>49218348
I don't think you meant to respond to me, but no, they weren't. For instance, the basic mechanics behind hitpoints and damage (how they advance, what happens when you take damage, etc.) don't work like GURPS, for another armor works differently.

They couldn't have gotten away with filing the serial numbers off of GURPS. Fallout runs on its own system, one that actually doesn't work all that well in PNP (which I say is a good thing, it would be a complete waste to just translate an RPG designed to be convenient in a PNP context over to a computer that could handle shit that would be a pain in the ass to calculate in pen and paper but potentially fruitful in a computer RPG).
>>
>>49217218
You need to help defend a ghoul pride parade, suspecting that human supremacists will try to use this opportunity to kill the ghouls.

In truth, a group of robots plan on attacking the ghouls, believing that they are stealing the spotlight from their own social issues.
>>
>>49215505
>in setting
Just use any system that supports post-apocalyptic setting.
>b-but muh SPECIAL
It's shit system and you know it.
>>
>>49215613
special has nothing to do with gurps. the creators of fallout had to get everything that was gurps out of their game because they weren't allowed to use it anymore.
>>
>>49219264
It's a shit system but it sort of has character you know? It wouldn't really feel like Fallout without it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.