[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he going to hell, again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
He starts the game as true neutral. This means that either he actually managed to redeem himself from his supposedly irredeemable crimes, or cosmos only takes the deeds of his current incarnation into account. He has no business being forced to fight in the Blood War either way, he should be going to an appropriate afterlife.
>>
>>49201922
He's True Neutral in his current life, but his "karma" if you will, carries over.

And the original Nameless One has a fuckload of negative karma, so much that a hundred lifetimes of sainthood wouldn't begin to repay it.
>>
>>49201922
Because no matter what Nameless One does in a current lifetime he can never be good.
>>
>>49201922

Even setting aside what his original incarnation did, every time he revived some random person died in his place.
>>
>>49203061

This was the real problem. No matter how much good he did in his extra lives, and he wasn't exactly good in all of them, just by existing he was murdering people and dooming them to become death specter shadows. His existence was a blight on the multiverse, and his soul was never going to escape what it had done even if the most recent version of him only remembered doing good things.

Memories don't determine how your soul is judged. Actions do. And the actions of the Nameless One screwed him over.
>>
>>49203135

>
This was the real problem. No matter how much good he did in his extra lives, and he wasn't exactly good in all of them, just by existing he was murdering people and dooming them to become death specter shadows

At least according to what the Good incarnation says, that doesn't seem to be true, that whatever he did was bad enough to condemn them all even before you have the whole "kill people to keep going".
>>
What's so bad about him getting sent to Hell again? He seemed to be doing fine in the endings.
>>
>>49201922
Honestly, he should be doing fine in Hell anyways. If he remerges with his mortality, he should have the sum power of all his past lives. Enough to kick the shit of many gods in.
>>
>>49201922

This is something of an educated guess based out of a single line and a lot of speculation, but I think the original one is somehow responsible for the expression in that universe of the broad trend in fantasy, that everything older and more primal is more powerful, and what you have now is always much weaker.

For starters, the Good Incarnation says that "Because of him, the planes are slowly dying to this day" (Although I do realize this could be part of his immortality by killing people in his stead. Still, even if TNO dies three times a day, how much do you think that impacts the multiverse as a whole?)

All of your major antagonists in the game, Ravel, Trias, Fjull, The Transcendant One, all were much, much more powerful at some point than when you run into them. Ravel could throw around more magic than some Powers, Trias used to have his full celestial glory, Fjull was tricked into giving up most of his agency and power, and TTO is slowly losing his ability to leave the fortress.

Somehow, or so I think, the original one stopped that. No idea how, or where he got that kind of power, but I think that's what his great crime is, even if he can't prove it.
>>
>>49208024

I was under the impression he was involved in the early days of the Blood War somehow, and possibly may even have helped started it. The war between fiends that has caused untold damage and killed whole worlds in the crossfire, and which rages unending.

In true Planescape style, there is enough evidence for a bunch of different theories on what the original NO did to damn himself beyond hope of salvation. Whatever you believe it is he did is the correct answer.
>>
The idea that karma carries over reincarnations is stupidly unfair. What else is new?
>>
>>49208249

The Nameless One isn't really reincarnating. He just regenerates back from the point of death and the brain trauma wipes his mind clean because his brain was dead for too long. He never goes through the metaphysical cycle of reincarnation, and none of those rules apply to him as a result.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.