[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG spoilers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 40

File: chandratorchofdefiance.jpg (54KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
chandratorchofdefiance.jpg
54KB, 265x370px
last one is in autosage now. let's talk about what to brew with the new chandra.
>>
What in the absolute FUCK was Wizards thinking?
>>
>>49195684
Thinking of all the shekels they'll make.
>>
File: Kaladesh_FastLands.png (459KB, 618x573px) Image search: [Google]
Kaladesh_FastLands.png
459KB, 618x573px
>>
>>49195684
So I told Wizards to make a playable chandra.. they actually did it the absolute madmen hahahahahahaha!
>>
Place your bets how much is Chandra, Torch of Wallets gonna cost?

150$
200$
250$
300$
350$
400$
500$+
>>
>>49195847
For it to reach such insane prices the rest of the set would have to be gutter trash. Card values of new cards are based off of the sets MSRP.
>>
>>49195847
$40-50 in standard. The sky's the limit after that.
>>
>>49195649
I love how Pyromater was a good, playable card and then they make this which is so much better.

Sure, it can't hit and play lands but if you needed mana then you just use the other +1!

I guess she's the main character of this block so it makes sense she gets the pushed walker.
>>
>>49195649
>Two drop walker with five starting loyalty

NO, FUCK YOU! I'M OUT! YOU CAN'T HAVE MY WALLET BACK, WIZARDS!
>>
>>49195906
>he actually thinks Worldwake was a terrible set
>>
>>49195975
I highly doubt Jace the Wallet Sculptor costed as much as it did when Worldwake was first released.
>>
I sure hope all the planeswalker decks are just as pushed as this Chandra product
>>
>>49195847
Pre-selling for $40.00 on SSG as of the reveal. Will likely go up to $60.00 as "hype intensifies".

This will drop to $20-$25 on launch. After that...depends on if she actually gets played or not.
>>
So is there only one of these decks coming out?
>>
>>49195998
Hit the ground running at 50. After the first two weeks hovered at 90. Then only slowly rose from there.
So you are correct, but not as correct as you think you are.
>>
>>49195998
On release, Jace the Wallet Sculptor was going for approximately 100 dollars if mtggoldfish's pricing history is to be believed.
>>
>>49196075
What? No. Jace preordered at $20, dipped even lower than that, and didn't spike until Bloodbraid Elf rotated. He was really poorly positioned in Alara/Zendikar Standard and it wasn't until Cawblade actually got blades that people realized what he was.
>>
>>49196092
That's a load of bullcrap. Mind Sculptor was a decent card with only one mid-tier deck to call home until Mirrodin Besieged came along and before then it hung around the $25-40 range.
I've lost all my faith in the price history charts sites put up ever since TCGplayer removed everything before Gatecrash and prices started jumping higher than ever before.
>>
>>49196590
What I don't understand is, JTMS and SFM came in the same set, what was stopping modern, legacy and vintage from abusing those two cards with the pre-existing blades?
>>
>>49195784
>completes a land cycle started in New Phyrexia

WHAT DOES IT MEAN
>>
>>49196978
Contrary to popular belief, good cards aren't always immediately noticed. Sometimes it takes a while for someone to figure out the deck.
>>
>>49195847
She will drop to less than ten when people realize thatshe isnt very good. Her plusses are not playable on turn four. Her minus three is okay in a control shell, but her plusses aren't what you want when youre playing counterspells.
>>
>>49196590
I remember that too and how people complained that $20 was way too much for a single card. Little did we know.

>>49196978
Everyone probably shit on them like what always happens when someone tries to introduce a new deck.
>>
>>49197078
Casul here, was CoCo considered good immediately?
>>
>>49197165
I wasn't really keeping up with Magic at the time, but I doubt it was ever seen as chaff. It probably wasn't always the powerhouse it is right now, but I'm hard pressed to believe that there hasn't always been a home for the card.
>>49197132
Remember when Baneslayer reached $30 and people were just about to riot? What happened to those people? Why do we have to have a bunch of tools who bend over and defend these ridiculous prices?
>>
>>49197246
CoCo was immediately seen as good actually. You got to remember something, CoCo came around right after Birthing Pod was banned from modern and 1/3rd of the players in that format was desperately searching for a good birthing pod replacement or were switching over to delver and CoC just filled that niche.
>>
>>49197246
Maybe some of those brilliant shining diamonds who threatened to quit if prices got too high actually quit because prices got too high.
>>
>>49196978
What was stopping Modern was that it didn't exist yet. As for Legacy and Vintage, the only real target for SFM prior to Scars block was Jitte and that just wasn't enough. She's mainly played for Batterskull.

As for Mind-Sculptor, the most likely reason was that poor performance in Standard built up a mental block that prevented people from properly evaluating him.
>>
>>49197089
>but her plusses aren't what you want when youre playing counterspells.

Why in God's name would you be playing counterspells and this Chandra in the same deck? This is the curve topper burn has always dreamed of, and it's good in any other deck that reliably has double-red on turn 4. That's generally not the control crowd.
>>
>>49195649
Intredesting, perhaps burn in standard will make a comeback
>>
>>49197165
Yes. Check out the videos on CFB where they talked about the Dragons spoilers for example. People definetly saw that CoCo was a busted card even though it didn't really have a deck at the time.
>>
>>49195649

>does nothing to the board without dropping to 1 loyalty
>first +1 just damages the opponent

This card isn't that great, everyone calm down.
>>
>>49198033
Thanks senpai, I came back for the Eldrazi and definitely missed the dragons block hypes.
>>
>>49198036
Lol okay kid
>>
>>49198036
>use other +1 to cast the spells that protect her like Pyroclasm
>>
>>49197089
>>49198036

My god /tg/ does me a favor and never evaluate a card again, this happens every set

>wahh this set is bad, all these cards are unplayable in eternal(always memedern because that's all these dumbasses play)
>this planeswalker is shit
>every single time they are proven wrong

For fuck sake

Who remembers these exact phrases

>all these eldrazi are unplayable trash, just gonna be a dumb meme in modern
>baby jace is a terribad card, he's not even playable in standard
>nahiri is trash, why don't they print good cards anymore

Meanwhile two of the cards spawned entire modern archetypes around them, one of which destroyed a protour so bad it had to be banned into the ground

I swear you people bitch just to bitch, you say magic is dead every set despite increased sales telling you otherwise, I wish you would all stop playing

Also every single block has had at least 1 card that has either created it's own eternal archetype or been extremely strong in eternal

>prove me wrong
>>
>>49198746
Which one was the one that destroyed a protour?
>>
>>49198874
How do you not know?
>>
>>49198946
Being a fucking newfag has its perks.
>>
>>49199012
It was the Eldrazi Winter.
>>
>>49198874

eldrazi, and before you say

>b-b-but anon, eye of ugin was the broken card

No shit sherlock, that usually how cards get broken in eternal formats, they synergize well with old cards, also TKS is still a strong card even without eye
>>
>>49198033
>even though it didn't really have a deck at the time.
Because it makes it's own decks, You just jam in a bunch of 3 drops and hope for the best.
>>
>>49198746
>nahiri is trash, why don't they print good cards anymore
>sees play in only 1 archetype in modern that doesn't really need it
>see guise I proved you wrong
Sorry its still a shit card
>>
>>49195649
you know i finally figured out the niche this fucker has, its the replacement Jund has needed for years in modern for BBE.
>>
>>49199277
>i-it being playable in modern doesn't count because I say so

ok
>>
>>49199334
I didn't say it wasn't playable, dumbass. It only works in 1 archetype and nothing else, just because it works in the only deck that gives enough of a shit to run doesn't mean its the great card you think it is. Now please fuck off to the modern thread.
>>
>>49199363

How does any of that disprove his point that /tg/ thought it was garbage that would never see play anywhere?
>>
>>49199375
I wasn't talking about it not being playable, (You) like to warp the argument around alot don't (You)?
>>
>>49198746
>Also every single block has had at least 1 card that has either created it's own eternal archetype or been extremely strong in eternal
Even Theros?
>>
>>49199399

Then why did you even respond if you weren't gonna be a part of the conversation, which was about /tg/ being shit at predicting playability? Just craving (You)s?
>>
>49199412
Maybe because I had to point out the idiocy in his statement?
>a bloo bloo /tg/ doesnt like certain cards
But I'm guessing he is also (You) don't see why you would care to respond otherwise
>>
>>49199399
you just enjoy moving goalposts don't you?
first its complete shit now its a niche card, make your damn mind up.
>>
>>49199409
devotion?
>>
>49199458
Its quite easy to understand, its a card that only works in 1 archetype therefor its niche and shit.
>>
>>49199509
>too retarded to even quote properly

Your argument doesn't even make sense. If it's shit, why would it fit into a niche for an archetype that's modern playable?
>>
>>49199526
Resorting to name calling doesn't make you right, go to bed child.
>>
>>49197006

You mean Scars of Mirrodin, dumbass.
>>
>>49199551

Ignoring that you've given up even presenting an argument, you realize you just "resorted to name calling," right?

You can do better shitposting than this. Hopefully.
>>
>>49199399

>Argument is literally about it being unplayable trash
>it's only in one deck, even though that's how every fucking good card works

Gee I hope the government gives you money for being this retarded because idk how else youd survive

Allow me to each you how card evaluation works

They're are two cards utility and build around cards

You can have good cards of both types

Examples

utility:
>brainstorm
>lightning bolt
>ponder
>lotv
>cruise
>goyf
>fetchlands

These cards can bamicably jammed in any deck that plays that color and be good for the most part

Build around

>delver
>Coco
>pod
>splinter twin
>tendrils
>nahiri

These cards require other cards to enable them but in that context are good cards

This is what makes you dribbling fucking tard who lost his wrangler

>nahiri is only played in one deck thats good without her
>one deck
>good without her

One of those statements is true and the other is not, the deck is called Jeskai nahiri for a fucking reason, just like splinter twin was called splinter twin for a fucking reason

The deck was unplayable trash before nahiri was was printed and now is viable

Just how splinter twin was viable and and since twin was banned the deck is now unplayable garbage

This is not a hard concept to understand

Also the other guy wasn't even me, I was the original anon
>>
File: 7c9.png (196KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
7c9.png
196KB, 680x649px
>>49199601
>calling someone a child is name calling
>you're just shitposting

Because I'm schooling you on the truth about some piece of cardboard that has your waifu on it?
>>
>>49199632

You put way too much effort into what will be responded to with pure garbage by a shitposter.
>>
>>49199409

Eidolon of the great revel and to a lesser extent eidolon of rhetoric in modern SB
>>
>>49199632

Teach and types*

God I need to go to bed
>>
>>49199657
this anon gets it, we've long past the point of rational discourse.
>>
>>49199277
>>49199363
>It only works in 1 archetype and nothing else

It sees play in Kiki Chord/Evolution, Through the Breach, Jeskai Control, and Mardu. You don't really bother to check your facts very often, do you? You just sort of believe that you already know.
>>
>>49199409
Nykthos is an archetype enabler.
A few of the Eidolons see Eternal play, Great Revel being especially good.
>>
File: 1472621291060.png (102KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472621291060.png
102KB, 500x281px
>>49199277
>>49199334
>>49199363
>>49199375
>>49199399
>>49199412
>>49199456
>>49199458
>>49199509
>>49199526
>>49199551
>>49199601
>>49199632
>>49199634
>>49199657
>>49199683

>all of this shitposting instead of discussing the spoilers
Did I accidentally click on /s4s/?
>>
>>49199698
Neat.
SOI?
>>
>>49199509

>Delver is shit
>miracles is shit
>shardless agent is shit
>all storm cards are shit
>life from the loam is shit
>dark depths is shit

Name some fucking cards that are good then dumbass because if your definition of a good card requires it to be good in more than one archetype it's only going to encompass utility cards
>>
>>49199721

Prized Amalgam I guess?
>>
>>49199721
Well, we just got done talking about Nahiri (at least I hope we're done). Then, of course, we have Insolent Neonate and Prized Amalgam enabling Modern Dredge. Grim Flayer is also starting to see some action in Modern and some Zoo decks have adopted Gnarlwood Dryad.
>>
Does anyone else hate that they're bringing back colored artifacts? It feels like it's just "cardtypes lol" and contradicting a fundamental aspect of artifacts. And it's hard to justify why so few planes have colored artifacts if they exist at all. Plenty of planes have mixtures of flesh and metal.
>>
>>49199721

Nahiri has a whole modern archetype, there are a few other cards that see fringe play like Abby in bw tokens and Thalia in mono white humans but those decks are meh

The argument was for blocks so it includes EMN so then we have Thalia which is dominating in d&t in modern and legacy
>>
>>49195649

Can you explain me what is good in this Chndra because She look pretty shitty to me
>>
>>49199831
>card advantage
>ramp
>destruction/protection
>game-winning ultimate
>>
>>49199820

It's just aggrevating because /tg/ complains about no good eternal cards but there always is

I'm pretty sure 99% of them mean that no good modern control cards are printed because they're the biggest mtg shitters on /tg/ which makes sense because they are also shit to play against because they just want to say tell people what to do
>>
File: harnessedlightning.jpg (54KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
harnessedlightning.jpg
54KB, 265x370px
>shittier lightning strike
Wizard really hate red.
>>
>>49199858

> Seen better
> Lol Ramp what Ramp, 2 mana wasted
> For 3 4 Damage, Ob kill a fucking Eldrazi for 3
> Game winning? For making the opponent die of laughs?
>>
>>49199831

Literally everything you ever want from a planeswalkers

>aggressive cost
>either card advantage or ramp to tick her up
>minus protects herself and can be used the turn she comes out
>starts out of bolt range and can be at 5 the turn she comes out with is hard to get rid of in combat
>her card advantage turns shitty lands into 0 mana 2 to the dome
>her ult wins the game and is realistic to get to in a game

She is so versatile, like busted versatile, like literally red Jtms level of busted
>>
>>49199901
and god forbid we get a 1 drop mana dork I know noble hierarch counts in a special way as does loam dryad
>>
>>49199805
I hope it's just the one cycle of mythic rare 5-mana constructs.
>>
>>49199908

/tg/ everyone, please cap this post, I want everyone to point and laugh at this fucking retard for the rest of eternity

You probably would have called jtms bad when he was spoiled if you had the chance
>>
>>49199952
>G
>1/1
>When ~ enters the battlefield, you get EE.
>T, Pay E: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

Best you can expect to get.
>>
>>49200013
I'd be happy.
>>
File: you wanted it.png (110KB, 1667x593px) Image search: [Google]
you wanted it.png
110KB, 1667x593px
>>49199983
I hope it was everything you wanted it to be

>>49200013
I am all a tremble at the thought
>>
Aether Mox
{0}
When Aether Mox enters the battlefield, you get EEE.
{T}, pay EEE: add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
>>
>>49200013
1 drop mana dorks, like 2cmc hard counters, arnt being made any more buddy.
>>
>>49199901
It's not a Lightning Strike at all.

Energy can be hoarded. Hopefully you understand the difference.
>>
>>49199983

JTMS Sculptor is Blue so is in a color with good Card
Ob Nibilix is is Black HE does what this Chandra Does and does it Better in a Better Color
This Chandra is in a Color where none of her skjills help in anuthing, she cannot even protect herself since 4 mana will never kill anything on the board in the 4 turn and nothing worth casting is RR in standard
>>
>>49200032
I think E could be a way for them to reevaluate some of the limitations they've imposed in the past.
>>
>>49195784
The art on these lands looks fucking amazing. Blooming Marsh especially so.
>>
>>49195649
Holy shit. I just realized she's not a six drop. FINALLY.
>>
>>49200020

Be fair to him, cap my evaluation and insulting of him as well so if I'm wrong I can be laughed at as well, although it is highly unlikely, it's definitly going to Warp standard and I believe its highly likely to see modern burn or zoo play, 4 mana is almost certainly too high for legacy though, the only reason jtms can get away with it is because he is in a control color and even then he only really sees play in miracles
>>
>>49199901
>>49200038
>bbeg revealed
>it's fucking Nicol Bolas/Marit Late/Eldrazi/Phyrexia/whatever the fuck
>Kaladesh works it's machines at full blast to generate a ludicrous amount of energy
>nuke the fucker from orbit
>>
>>49200083
You know what 4 mana isn't too high for?

Vintage
>>
File: bark.jpg (708KB, 1200x878px) Image search: [Google]
bark.jpg
708KB, 1200x878px
who else is playing the suicide taxi deck when carladesh drops

ez delirium and get some dryads driving too
>>
>>49200043

And I thought I had a lot of typos in my posts, that wasn't even English man

>jtms is in blue color

Not really sure wtf this means, get back to me with a translation and I'll argue it

>ob nix does what she does better

Totally different card, has different abilities, less versatility, more mana and most importantly is a different color so I really have no idea what he has to do with this as they would be in completely different decks

>jumbled mess that can be summarized with she can't protect herself and does nothing and can't protect herself

4 damage(you typed mana but I assume you mean damage) kills literally every single relevant 1-4 drop on standard right now, please like me a single card with with 5 toughness that gets cast by turn 4

>no relevant RR cards in standard

Pia and Kiran and the dude that makes your dump your hand and draw three (reveler or something like that I think?) And fiery temper to an extent, thats not even mentioning all the playable R cards we have and hopefully more to be released this set
>>
>>49200111

I don't know much about vintage because Im not made of money and I'm only 22 so I wasn't around to actually get the power 9 for a realistic price but does she do anything for any vintage decks?
>>
>>49200223
I don't know, but someone will try her.
>>
>>49200202

Pia & Kiran are not in Standard Anymore when this Chandra. the Reveler need 6 S/I cards in the Grave to cost RR (I used Reveler like there is no tomorrow it never happen to cast it for RR) and you cant cast Fiery Temper and Chandra in the same turn witohout some madness shenaningans.
>>
>>49200287

Is English not your first language because it sure as he'll seems that way

Your right p&k not being in standard anymore, my bad but we do have just pia coming in and that actually fits on curve better
>>
>>49200202
Honestly, I'm not so sure she''ll be that big in standard. But she's definitely powerful enough for Eternal formats. Like, I'm thinking she might be the most powerful mono-red walker ever printed.
>>
>>49200202
lupine prototype see my post here
>>49200189
>>
>>49200359

It's hard to say because we haven't seen every card in the set yet but I think it's pretty likely she will be, maybe in a W/R deck

She is 100% the best mono red planeswalker ever printed, like its not even a contest, most mono red walkers are shit
>>
>>49200372

I said relevant

And even if by some miracle he because some type of standard Allstars youre playing red and he's an artifact, you should have 1 and 2 mana cards that can deal with him which can be cast off of Chandra
>>
>This kills the eldrazi.
Shame, I was really looking at picking up an emerge deck.
>>
File: ceremoniousrejection.jpg (37KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ceremoniousrejection.jpg
37KB, 265x370px
>>49200509
Forgot pic.
>>
File: 1464495436583.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1464495436583.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>Every Planeswalker and Legendary creature has been female or non-binary so far.
>Gideon will probably go through a "Spark Transition" eventually and become a fem walker so Jace can have his waifu harem.
>>
>>49200580
What?
>>
She's exactly what red stompy in legacy needs. Turn two chandra basically guarantees a win if it follows up a chalice of the void or trinisphere. Also a good place for blood moon effects. She's literally exactly what the decks need- card advantage, mana, or removal. I'm thinking she'd be a good 3 of. The deck already has some really strong tools like rabblemaster, and with chandra to make mana, inferno titan or some other red big drop could be playable.
>>
>>49199908
eldrazi are going to be worse in new standard with the one mana counter and enemy pain lands rotating out
>>
>>49197299
Not really, I specifically remember /tg/ saying it wasn't good and wouldn't see play outside standard brews. There are always a few people who notice a cards power right away, but the majority fail to see it.

As it sits right now, this new Chandra will most likely replace Pyromaster in Jund sideboards as she is nearly strictly better. She is very powerful, generates card advantage, contributes to closing out a game nicely, helps curve out better, and can kill off some creatures.
>>
>>49200580
>Every Planeswalker and Legendary creature has been female or non-binary so far.

Huh, you're right. Still I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, it's only 6 cards so far out of... however many Planeswalkers + Legendaries we get.
>>
>>49200580
Which one of those is Tezzeret?
>>
>>49199901
Man, if this card was cmc 1 or generated 4 energy instead of 3 I would have run the shit out of it in Skred.
>>
>>49200653
Probably seeing mainboard play in a couple decks in Modern, and as >>49200595 said, in at least one deck in Legacy.
>>
>>49200666
>Man if only this card was good
Is basically what you're saying.
>>
>>49200725
What I mean is that the concept seems like it would be fun to play so it is unfortunate the power isn't there.
>>
>>49200792
>it is unfortunate the power isn't there.
Not for other formats sure, but I can see it being nice in standard. On it's own it's a lightning strike for creatures which is still an alright card because WotC hates cheap RDW with a passion now I guess because then Timmy can't play his big green things.

Where the card gets better is that it never overkills. If something has only 1 toughness, you only have to spend one energy and keep two in the bank. Additionally you can use spare energy from other cards to help kill bigger threats like Reality Smashers ect. and if you really wanted to you could use it like a Pyretic Ritual for energy. It's incredibly flexible, but I don't see it being played outside standard unless energy decks get something Eldrazi-tier to make them worth build a whole deck around or if energy becomes an evergreen mechanic so that there's simply enough energy cards being made that at some point there's enough good ones to justify this card.
>>
>>49197006
Apparently Tezzeret is going to be in this set. His name was mentioned in some flavor text. Apparently he's judging stuff in some kind of invention contest. After the Nicolai Bolas plane we are PROBABLY going to back to Phyrexia.
>>
>>49196020
if I was a /tg/ frequent, I'd screencap it for you senpai
>>
>>49195649
New Chandra is SICK!
>>
>>49195649
Would you trade a booster box for foil Red JMS?
>be honest
>>
hello?
>>
File: erebos.jpg (53KB, 485x600px) Image search: [Google]
erebos.jpg
53KB, 485x600px
Return to Theros when?
I don't give a shit about the league of planeswalkers. I want more Erebos.
>>
>>49197089
>her plusses aren't what you want when youre playing counterspells
I completely disagree. Free mana lets you play your other spells while still having enough mana for counters.
>>
File: 1428455322424.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
1428455322424.gif
565KB, 147x154px
>>49199565
Yeah, I was really lost by the point he was trying to make, thanks for clearing that up, it was so confusing because he named the wrong set in a block.
>>
File: Cataclysmic-Gearhulk.jpg (49KB, 350x482px) Image search: [Google]
Cataclysmic-Gearhulk.jpg
49KB, 350x482px
Vigilance

When Cataclysmic Gearhulk enters the battlefield, each player chooses an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a planeswalker among nonland permanents he or she controls. Then, sacrifice the rest.
>>
Eldrazi Displacer+ Eyeless Watcher+ Panharmonicon is infinite colorless mana.

Infinite Colorless mana means infinite blinks.

Infinite blinks with Thought-Knot-Seer wins the game on the spot by drawing your opponent through their entire deck.

You can also infinite blink Foul Emissary to find your Thought-Knot-Seer then cast it with your infinite colorless mana.

This can kill turn 5.
>>
>>49201475
It's also just straight up infinite 1/1s
>>
>>49201500
yeh, but this is a Kozilek's Return infested meta rn.
>>
>>49201475
Panharmonicon and Thought Knot Seer is already fucking gross as you exile two cards from their hand.
>>
>>49201475
It is a delicate dance when you play Eldrazi. At every single moment you must constantly be calculating the optimum use of your spells. You are not limited by something ancient like mana. You are limited by your own intelligence and cleverness.

Thought-Knot Seer means you have to know every other deck's spells and game plan. It's all or nothing. Eldrazi players have to be better at the game than other people.

Bad control and no late game. A reward Wizards put into the game for experienced players
>>
>>49201526
Isn't Panharmonicon too expensive? I mean it's 4 mana. It may float in standart, but not anything else.
>>
>>49201526
I thought Panharmonicon only gave additional triggers to other creatures abilities, like the allies. Does it work with creatures' own ETBs?
>>
File: planeswalkers.jpg (98KB, 536x386px) Image search: [Google]
planeswalkers.jpg
98KB, 536x386px
What can we expect from the other Gatewatch members in the future? They all should get a 4-ability card eventually.
>>
>>49201542
COMMMMAAAAANDEEERRRR

should be PLAYABLE in legacy?
>>
>>49201549
What?
>>
>>49201549

It does both.
>>
>>49201551
Kytheon already has 4 activated abilities on the card.
>>
>>49201574
Sweet
>>
>>49199983
>You probably would have called jtms bad when he was spoiled if you had the chance

he didn't but someone else did.
>>>/v/350903831
>>
>>49201549
it does not say other permanent, just permanent. Came up with like 5 infinite combos with it IN STANDARD this morning. The best I can come up with so far is Eyeless Watcher+Eldrazi Displacer
>>
>>49201555
Maybe? I mean, legacy has heavier bullshit but it may combo well.

> inb4 it becomes a staple card in some deck
>>
>>49200517
I really can't help but feel that should be unceremonious.
>>
>>49195649
Chandra with Nahiri in a Naya deck will be absurd...
>>
>>49201667
They don't interact with eachother at all so what you've essentially just said is "two good cards in the same deck would be good"
>>
>>49200653
I'm probably tossing two of her in the RU Thermochaser deck.
>>
>>49201626
Flavor text would have to be different for unceremonious

"Nah"
>>
>>49201667
Naihiri goes into a different deck. but maybe a R/W control deck with old elspeth and angry ajani...
>>
>>49201709
or "Next."
>>
>>49201709
Don't you mean

"Inventor's Fair Judges are known for their harsh judgements of various inventions inventors submit to the Inventor's Fair, which are to be judged by Inventor's Fair Judges"
>>
>>49201773
what about the inventors' fair's unfair judges?
>>
Look forward to 2 more Planeswalkers, Tezzeret and Bolas :^)
>>
>>49198393
>Turn 4
>burn still has a hand to use the mana
Gotta go faster sempai
>>
>>49201790
Bolas ain't until Amonkhet

It's going to be Tezzie (grixis or just pure black) and the Vedalken man (azorius)
>>
>>49201809
Tezzeret can never lose his blue.
>>
>>49201809
He could be pure blue on Kaladesh, I'd like that.
>>
>>49201815
That would mean three blue planeswalkers in the set

Unless Vedalken is mono-W.
>>
>>49201834
Kaladesh is the bluest plane ever though
>>
>>49201858
Well yes, but Wizards care about planeswalker color balance
>>
>>49201834
Tezzeret card could only appear in the next set though same for the Veldaken.
Talking about the Veldaken, I didn't follow all the prerelease news, but are we sure that he will have a card?
>>
>>49201893
So they're going to come out with 2 other Planeswalkers this set even though they already set up Tezerret and the Vedalkan?
>>
>>49201914
My guess is that Tezzered is showing up in Aether Revolt, probably as some sort of an instigator
>>
>>49201941
But he's a judge in the Inventor's Fair, the fair for the inventors to show off their work and be judged by they judges of the Inventor's Fair, who judge the inventor's work that they've submitted to the Inventor's Fair.
>>
>>49201953
fair enough
>>
>>49201953
Yeah but the latest story tidbit shows him hunting for rebels and some shit
>>
>>49201995
be vewy vewy quiet
I'm hunting webels
ha ha ha ha
>>
NEW SPOILERS WHEN
>>
>>49199901
Lightning strike doesn't let you scale damage perfectly
>>
>>49202089
It also hits players
>>
>>49202089
But it can go face. Not to mention everything is X/3 anyway. Spell Queller, Sylvan Advocate, shit's gonna cost you all of your energy, son. What's interesting is that you can spend energy from other places to kill bigger shit.
>>
>>49201428
Halp
>>
File: TezzeretPlaneswalker.jpg (60KB, 576x666px) Image search: [Google]
TezzeretPlaneswalker.jpg
60KB, 576x666px
Tezzeret really looks Grixis on his cardart
>>
>>49201914
Would not be the first time, last block we got Arlinn Kord who was a new planeswalker never mentionned before and who did nothing in the story in the first set and Tamiyo a know planeswalker who basically did everything only in the second.
>>
>>49195784
I need some of the B/W and G/B. Abzan man for life.
>>
>>49201709
"The judge feigned interest."
>>
>>49202136
So wait, is he bringing Phyrexia along with him?
>>
>>49202136
Aww yiss, we need more three color walkers. I'm hoping Dovan Baar is Esper, or Jeskai.
>>
>>49201428
Huh. That last seemed good until I saw six or more artifacts. How will people get around that one?
>>
>>49202331
Dont think so. I think he will just push the story in the direction Bolas.
>>
>>49202354
servos and thopters
>>
>>49202354
Cast 6 instants or sorceries? Use any of the token generators? Or the Planeswalker that turns a creature into an artifact? Or the spell that does the same thing?
>>
Looks like red Garruk Wildspeaker+
>>
>>49202354
just WotC making sure the card is unplayable.
>>
>>49202378
Good fuck blue, I need to play undercosted green fatties.
>>
>>49200580
I don't mind having strong, independent female characters, but WotC has been flogging the Social Justice horse too much.
You don't have to have every character be female, trans (alesha), or suffer from mental disease (narset) you can have a healthy mix of male and females, and put trans or whatever in when its appropriate.
>>
>>49202397
They're making up for all the other years of sprinkling those characters in where it makes sense instead of shoehorning them in whenever there's a new character.
>>
>>49202136
He looks happy, I don't want the Jacetice league to ruin him. I bet he's happy to finally have some recognition for his work.
>>
>>49202397
>trans (alesha), or suffer from mental disease (Narset)
So they went from zero to a tiny bit of representation, and you blow a gasket?
>>
>>49200653
I told /tg/ Vryn's Prodigy was worth more than his presale price. No one listened.
I told /tg/ Spell Queller would see in all formats. No one listened.
It feels bad knowing so much but having no one on an anonymous Belgian Coffee forum listen
>>
>>49197089
Why in the world would playing Chandra necessitate playing counter spells?
>>
>>49202420
Whoa there
I didn't blow a gasket, I'm just perturbed by the blatant over representation to help with their image of being a male dominated game over these last few years.
We don't need these characters in just to have them to represent groups that are becoming accepted in our society, we can have them actually mean something.
Kaladesh could have been a plane with a matriarchal rule, but so far its just females for the sake of representation, which is what has me upset
>>
>>49202136
I just noticed, that he is forming the horns of Bolas out of the metal. Nice little detail.
>>
>>49202510
Fair enough, sorry I misinterpreted your stance there.
>>
>>49199977
I wanted that too, but blue already has 2 mythics in saheeli and that enchantment that makes tokens from sorceries, and red has its two mythics.
Or is this set getting 15 mythics? Brb looking up
>>
>>49202414
If he's still in any way associated with Bolas or doing some shady shit with the Phyrexians then he deserves to be fucked up by Gideon and the rest.
>>
File: Chandra Cats.png (940KB, 2191x1828px) Image search: [Google]
Chandra Cats.png
940KB, 2191x1828px
>>49195649
Okay, let's talk business.
The first and second +1s clash. In a deck where you'd want one, you'd probably have little use for the other.

For the first ability, you're playing a burn/aggro deck. Even if you can't cast what you find, you get more face-damage. Win-win.

The second suits a deck that either wants to cast big or cast fast. That being, ramp or some kinda storm. If you can fast-mana her out into a blood-moon next turn, you're in a good spot.

Third's damage. For standard, think Sarkhan. For modern, this might make it a bit too fragile.

The ultimate is an ultimate. If you trigger it, yippee.

Overall consensus; Perhaps a little fragile for modern, but the payoff could be immense. Certainly standard playable, though may struggle against the above-par token generation this cycle provides.
>>
>>49199901
>2 mana
>Instant
>Removal
>Prepacked Utility/NRG-Ramp

For modern? No. Otherwise, more of what Red needed to push through standard.
>>
>>49200666
So you're saying an instant speed Flame Slash with extra synergy. Uuum, no.
>>
>>49202510
>Kaladesh could have been a plane with a matriarchal rule
Holy shit, the spoilers thread would have blown their collective gaskets.
>>
>>49195649

That's an amazing Midrange/Control Burn :^)
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (12KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
12KB, 190x265px
>>49195649
So is no one going to explain how the hell Chandra is a white ginger?

Her parents are clearly desi.
>>
>>49202795
dad's a white dude.
>>
>>49202706
>The first and second +1s clash. In a deck where you'd want one, you'd probably have little use for the other.
Because Dragon Stompy/Big Red wasn't a thing at all ever.

Nope.
>>
>>49202795

Her father is white, and maybe redhead from the card. It is weird she looks NOTHING like her mim though. They would havê to retcon Chandra's appearance somehow to make it fit.
>>
>>49202810
Good point.

Also

>Nigga named Kiran Nalar is a white dude

I know its a fantasy setting but are white indians really the same thing as dragons and fire balls?
>>
>>49202810
>Implying it's possible to have white children once dark parents enter the equation
>>
>>49202834
If you look here
>>49202795
You see her and papa hair is dark red.
>>
>>49202827
I have no idea why they didnt just admit they fucked up by making the chick with a name so indian they reversed engineered an entire indian plane from her a white chick.

Like this would be if they had a dude called Mbaku Dekembe from Jamuura and he looked like Liam Neilson
>>
>>49202834
Once knew a black nude named "Stephen". Trust me, it happens.

I mean, when Britten colonized a bunch of the world, you don't think they shagged a few? Names are all over the place these days.
>>
>>49202834
Kaladesh is supposed to diverse, so the majority race is indian, but like New York or L.A. there are a lot of other races there.
>>
>>49202865
>Britten
>>
>>49202380
How is it unplayable? It's straight up a wincon in any control deck. Yknow. A deck that runs mostly removal, draw and counterspells.
>>
>>49202865
Well yeah its just odd that when you have marquee characters from a plane based on an ethnicity you have the characters not mathcing up to that. It's not like white people were all over the mcs of Tarkir or Kamigawa
>>
>>49202865
Stephen is a common name in america across all races.

"kiran" and "Nalara" are super narrow ethnically.

I am sure you can find an outlier, but why would wotc put a name on a guy that is so asian as fuck there are articles written about how many asians have that name (answer r: a shit ton) and then you whiten it all up.

It just seems like a way to half step; you can act like you are for diversity but you still get to have your main cast of pretty white people for the movie and toys you want to shill for Hasbro media.
>>
>>49202867
Right; but out of all that diversity; they just so happen to make the main character the white girl, even when looking at her parents odds are low she would look like that.

Or to better phrase it, the one ethnic member of the Gatewatch is "passing" (and whatever the hell is going on with Gideon)
>>
>>49202907
Because it's Kaladesh, not Earth v2.

I mean, fuck, were you whining about Chandra's name?

You're being stupid. Stop it.
>>
>>49199820
Why did you mention Thalia twice, once in the context of 'it's okay in modern' and once with 'it's dominating in modern and legacy'?
>>
>>49202947
They based the plane around india because they gave Chandra an indian name. Is it that crazy to expect a person with an indian name with an indian mom on a plane based on india who is the main character of the story to look indian? Its a disconnect like if the lead of Innistrad was a cyborg ninja named Cout Ducard vonGrisling or something
>>
>>49200388
Its a contest with, let's see
> Koth, legitimately fantastic. He produces more mana than she does, and makes creatures. The only real contest in a vacuum.
> Ablaze, not even bad but built around storm which is no longer an archetype.
> Firebrand, who is very balanced and splashable in various decks, if ultimately weak.
> Pyromaster, who is built around aggro.
> Flamecaller, who is the control finisher.

Other red walkers are simply not playable.

This is the goodstuff Chandra. She doesn't beat any of the others at their own game.
>>
>>49203073
Ethnicity has nothing to do with naming conventions.

Or perhaps you can tell me what white person calls his son Jace?
>>
>>49202876
Not that guy, but it's 3UU: Do nothing. There are much, much better wincons around.
>>
File: Lathnu-Hellion-Kaladesh-Spoiler.png (199KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Lathnu-Hellion-Kaladesh-Spoiler.png
199KB, 265x370px
OH YEA BROTHER, AND THE BEAT GOES ON

MACHO MADNESS.
>>
>>
>>49203182
>RARE
>>
>>49202995
I assume he meant the lieutenant in the first mention, considering that the first sentence was only about cards from SOI the set.
>>
>>49203182
WHY IS THIS SHIT A RARE
>>
>>49203167
It's 3UU: either gets answered or you lose because your opponent will just keep controlling your board while incidentally getting creatures to smash your face in.
>>
>>49199709
>/s4s/
The correct abbreviation is [s4s]
>>
>>49203192
oh I didn't know you got 4/4 haste guys for 3 mana in red that stick around with the slightest buildaround.
>>
File: nissanaturesartisan.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
nissanaturesartisan.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
Oh shit
>>
>>49203219
So is every other wincon, except you don't have to cast spells to smash face
>>
>>49203191
It could see play in daretti edh
>>
>>49203218
Because it gives you 2 energy, thus gives you 2 turns of bashing in with a 4/4. That's pretty fucking good man.
>>
File: chandrapyrogenius.jpg (57KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
chandrapyrogenius.jpg
57KB, 265x370px
>>49203240
The duel deck walkers are there
>anotherfuckingchandra
>>
>>49203246
>>
>>49201551
Gideon with an actual ult
>>
>>49203257

two turns.

you get a minimum of 2 turns.

can you not read the card?
>>
>>49203257
>It enters
>Get 2 energy
>Bash for 4
>End step pay the 2
>Next turn bash for 4
>End step no energy, sacrifice it
READ THE CARD
>>
>>49203274
>>49203275
Whoops, I'm retarded.
>>
File: doot.png (562KB, 632x738px) Image search: [Google]
doot.png
562KB, 632x738px
>>49203240
>6 mana: Gain 3 life, 8 Loyalty
>6 mana: 'Draw 2', maybe ramp, 1 loyalty

This tastes aggressively like shit.
>>
>>49203297
You're tarnishing the good name of /tg/ by being bad at Magic, Anon.
>>
>>49203182
>>49203191

So, you play one or two of those and a relic of progenitus or some other utility artifact to deal 1-52 damage for 3R?
>>
>>49203255
wasn't chandra and saheeli announced as the planeswalker decks for kaladesh like forever ago?

also why did they make chandra a butterface? that art is awful. glad to see they seem to be sticking to their low-power promises with six mana for hot garbage.
>>
File: WUBWUB.png (261KB, 581x294px) Image search: [Google]
WUBWUB.png
261KB, 581x294px
Ayy
>>
>>49203309
It's supposed to.

They're the "Trick idiots out of their money" boxes.
>>
>>49202995

The first one was suppose to be thalia's lieutenant but I was tired
>>
>>49203313
>deal 1-52 damage
>to yourself
uh, i guess you could do that?
>>
>>49203310
Hard to tarnish when you can only sink as low as the gold standard.
>>
>>49202331
Does anyone outside of Tezzeret in this set even know New Phyrexia exists?

Does anyone beside Tezzeret in this set even know about Old Phyrexia in the first place?
>>
>>49203329
>animation module
muh dick! also, works on poison counters, lulz.
>>
>>49203218
it's the new ball lightning varient. and one of the better ones.
>>
>>49203360
liliana probably maybe knows about old phyrexia. unless saheeli or the vedalken do for reasons no one else knows about new phyrexia or mirrodin.
>>
>>49203363
More importantly, works on planeswalkers
>>
>>49203255
wait, they're printing two versions of the same walker in the same set?
that's very new.
>>
>>49203377
no, the drag racer is the ball lightning. this is like a riff on viashino sandstalker, only not really.
>>
>>49203329
MUH DICK

MUHHH DICKKKK
>>
>>49203400
Isn't Sandstalker itself a Ball Lightning variant?
>>
>>49203394
it is very knew, but one is exclusive to the new take on theme decks, two precons each centered around an alternate (ostensibly weaker) version of a planeswalker from the set.
>>
>>49203360
Lil most likely knows about Old Phyrexia by virtue of being from Dominaria. As for New Phyrexia I'd imagine they'd all be much too busy and worried to be going to a fair if they knew, especially Lil.
>>
>>49203394
It's from the decks that suck dick on purpose so new players feel good about owning a planeswalker
>>
>>49203394
Planeswalker Decks are replacing intro decks. They contain a new planeswalker card that, while standard legal, is not in the set proper.
>>
>>49203329
this is instantly the coolest fucking shit.
>>
>>49203430
I don't like it nearly as much as the Empires cycle from M12 (Throne, Crown, Scepter) or the Stations (from original Mirrodin block). It's still neat though.
>>
>>49203410
the trample on ball lightning is really definitive, it's burn in creature form. sandstalker and the hellion are more for aggressive pressure. they don't get through unless the board's already clear, but they have a drawback that lets them be more efficient than they otherwise would be. were people comparing mardu scout to ball lightning?
>>
>>49203410
it is. and sandstalker returned to hand, so the hellion is closer to ball lightning than sandstalker.
>>
>>49203440
I like it better than the stations. being four cards was painful, and grinding station almost always looked stupid and useless next to the other three.
>>
>>49203329
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>49203329
Animation > Fabrication > Decoction

Animation may even be Modern playable. Gets triggered by Scavenging Ooze, doesn't use the incestuous energy mechanic, the activated ability pumps your Lilly/pumps Scooze/kills Finks.
>>
>>49203415
>>49203414
>>49203411
ok, that explains things. Got confused by it having the set symbol on it.

What's weird is I kinda like them as intro planswalkers. Simple enough to teach newer players about planswalkers, an okay power top in sealed deck level of power, but not dominating at that level and a huge factor in anything above casual constructed.

So now I'm confused, because as cards in the set they would be terrible mythics. But they aren't in the actual set, and they do their job for what they are supposed to be in.
Do I hate them? I don't know anymore.
>>
>>49203464
That's fair, but the stations won you the game on the spot rather than just generating an engine. The modules are like Wizards looked at Thopter/Sword and decided 'hey, we should do this on purpose next time!'
>>
>>49203490
They're basically Intro Pack rares.
They have a Mythic Rare symbol because players expect planeswalkers to, but they're pretty much what you'd get if they made Rare planeswalkers.

Just think of them through that lens.
>>
>>49203240
BACK WITH THE CLEAVAGE
>>
>>49203444
sandstalker returning to hand made it infinitely repeatable but costing mana every turn, so it could aggressivly pressure for mana. Dash cards were like this.

Getting in twice, but only paying once, is more like ball lightning. The lack of trample is a big difference, but it's a lot of attacking damage for a small amount of mana, but over a small number of turns.

You have point though, it's somewhere between the two. But to go back to the original question, it makes perfect sense at rare.
>>
>>49203544

Gotta sell those intro pack man. Nobody's gonna play them on cam so tumbrlinas won't cry about it.
>>
>>49203191

Hey look a balanced tinker, still can make a deck around that card+ritual+angels grace with the only artifact in your deck being a blight steel

Maybe even throw in a haste enchantment so you don't die on their turn because your probably at one, and since your alreadry at one why not children of kos, basically make the modern version of tin fins
>>
>>49203585
You're making my dick hard, bruv.
>>
File: 1463033315948.jpg (81KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463033315948.jpg
81KB, 540x540px
>>49201428
>Don't know much about competitive magic
>Hope all the doomsayers are right about fun cards like this so they don't cost a ton

Please be worthless.
>>
>>49203655
Is that a condom filled with spaghetti?
>>
>>49202706
Removal or free mana never clashes. Maintaining card advantage to reveal as little about the state of the game is huge in any deck even at the RFG cost.

You're literally saying that having options in a rush or burn deck is bad. This also has the potential of free casting clinch reach cards while you're putting them on the clock.

It's like you aren't considering the opponent at all in your analysis.
>>
>>49203329
>Animation Module
And thus, the curtain opens on the dark era of clue/energy decks.
>>
File: Nissa.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Nissa.png
132KB, 223x311px
So Tezzeret confirmed for Aether Revolut I suppose, the fourth Planeswalker is Nissa

This probably confirms the Vedalken as UW
>>
>>49203655
Don't worry that card will never be good in any competitive format. It's way too slow for that.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 265x370px
Starting to like this mythic cycle of these big robo things, not liking the alarming amount of mythics in this set

Also standard playable or doomed too edh?
>>
File: dkatidk.png (177KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
dkatidk.png
177KB, 265x370px
>Snapcaster Dark Dweller Gear Hulk
>>
>>49203712
Why is reddit losing their minds over this? There are much better threats in standard than this garbage.
>>
>>49203728
Because she can be ulted the turn after she comes on board
>>
>>49203712
this is from the planeswalker packs, not the actual set.
>>
>>49203712
Wait, TWO nissa's??? In this set? How soon does the bfz/ogw block get dropped
>>
>>49203728
She's not a threat. She's an unilateral Horn of Greed the turn after you play her.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 196x257px
>>49203329
NOW I'll FINALLY BE ABLE TO MAKE MY BADNIK ARMY.

SO I CAN FINALLY GET HIM

BECAUSE.

I HAAAATE THAT HEDGHOG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w
>>
>>49203744
No Anon, this one is from the set. The planeswalker pack one is >>49203240

>>49203754
Both are Standard legal, but only >>49203712
is in boosters.
>>
>>49203749
Read the thread.
>>
>>49203477
That only doubles Decoction Module, creating 2 separate instances of getting energy, in each of which you gain 1 energy counter.
>>
>>49203744

No it's not, the 6 drop walker is the planeswalker pack one.
>>
>>49203740
Yes but the ult is mediocre by that point, all it does normally is turn land topdecks or ramp into more draws, but by that point the game should be close to ending.
>>
>>49203704
>animation module
>clue
wait what?
>>
>>49203754
Yes but that's turn 6, why should I care about a horn of greed on turn 6 when I could just be playing a Sorin or Newlamog or whatever and winning the game?
>>
>>49203781
She could be a major engine in a deck like UG crush though. If such a deck exists after two of the set's best ramp spells fall off
>>
File: file.png (184KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
184KB, 265x370px
So why'd Nissa get another card?
>>
>>49203715
UW Flicker with this grabbing Displace, targeting this thing again and pic related, with Panharmonicon out, flickering all your things with fabricate, then also grabbing Long Road Home targeting one of them to grab two more things or flicker two more things or pic related twice to flicker all your things with fabricate and AAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>49203803
nevermind she was already posted
>>
>>49203712
>Until your next turn, it becomes a 5/5 elemental creature with haste
>Until your next turn
>Not until the end of your turn
>Until your next turn

HO

LEE

SHIIIIT
>>
>>49203796
Explain how you're dropping Newlamog turn 6.
>>
>>49203796
Because you're not playing in the same colors. And I didn't say "turn 6".
>>
>>49203803
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/ramp-approval-2016-05-16

Read this article and stop asking stupid questions.

INSTEAD OF INTRO DECKS AS A WAY OF INTRODUCING NEW PLAYERS TO MTG, THERE ARE NOW PLANESWALKER DECKS.

PLANESWALKER DECKS ARE CALLED PLANESWALKER DECKS BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN PLANESWALKERS THAT ARE DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR PLANESWALKER DECKS AND NOT TO BE COMPETITIVE.

NISSA, NATURE'S ARTISAN IS A PLANESWALKER FOR A PLANESWALKER DECK FOR NEW PLAYERS. YOU CANNOT FIND THIS CARD ANYWHERE EXCEPT FOR IN A PLANESWALKER DECK.
CHANDRA, PYROGENIUS IS A PLANESWALKER FOR A PLANESWALKER DECK FOR NEW PLAYERS. YOU CANNOT FIND THIS CARD ANYWHERE EXCEPT FOR IN A PLANESWALKER DECK.

YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO DRAW THESE CARDS FROM BOOSTER PACKS.

IF YOU ARE NOT A NEW PLAYER YOU HAVE NO REASON TO BUY PLANESWALKER DECKS AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE THESE CARDS EVER UNLESS YOU PLAY AGAINST SOMEONE USING THEM IN STANDARD BECAUSE THEY'RE A NEW PLAYER.

To put it plainly, neither of those cards should matter to you because if you're an experienced player that only plays with other experienced players, you should literally never see them.
>>
>>49203799
Yes granted but when compared to most other playable PWs in standard at the moment it seems lacklustre. If you look at some of the shit people are saying on reddit about this card you'd think it was JTMS come again.
>>
File: 1471741339462.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
1471741339462.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>2 new nissa because you know she has alot to do with a plane of artificers
>2 new chandra, granted 1 is an intro pack variant
>6 fucking walkers in this set

How much longer until they discontinue creatures?
>>
>>49203820
>make target labd die to sorcery speed removal and wraths
oh wow.
>>
>>49203834
I know what the planeswalker intro decks are dude I was asking why Nissa's the one getting a card on fucking Kaladesh.
>>
>>49203846
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/ramp-approval-2016-05-16
>>
>>49203846

Both are intro pack variants you fucking idiot.
>>
>>49203846
>"Walkers were a mistake" - Urza
>>
>>49203855
because she and chandra are the ony monocolor walkers in the block.
>>
>>49203855
Because story. She's got a clit-boner for Chandra.
>>
>>49203846

Wow, 6 cards out of 260 (2 of which aren't even in the set proper). They might as well be the whole set!
>>
>>49203828
Ulamog is possible on turn 5 currently, but regardless of that my point should be clear, you play Nissa's Renewal or whatever and throw it down the next turn and bam you have a gigantic threat that will win the game next turn if not answered, it just doesn't seem to take over the game quickly like say Sorin, Gideon, Ob Nixilis etc. do. Why would I play this card outside of a super grindy emerge deck?
>>
>>49203871
6/270, going by nissa's number.
>>
>>49203799
we'll have to see what ramp replaces them.
It's a given that the set will have green ramp spells, but they might not be good enough for UG crush to survive.

>>49203796
> when I could just be playing a Sorin or Newlamog or whatever and winning the game?
>sorin win outright on turn 6
sorin sets you up to win on later turns, like this card does. You can argue that Sorin does a better job of that, but it's not a turn 6 win.

>Newlamog
>on turn 6
then you are already running ramp, in a ramp deck Nissa comes out before turn 5.

I don't think this Nissa is that amazing, but use critiques that are actually true if you want to prove your point.
>>
File: file.png (667KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
667KB, 850x500px
>>49203865
>>49203867
Did Lili piss off?

What about laughing girls.jpg? I'm a bit behind on the URs.
>>
>>49196978
Bloom Titan's cards were all legal years before the deck popped up. Thinks tend to take some time.
>>49197165
It was always considered good, but you could get a playset for $20 at one point.
>>
>49203857
>I can't read
Thanks for invalidating your post, dipshit.

>>49203871
>6 walkers isn't that many
5 in the core sets was also absurd
>>
>>49203901
Yes I was being flippant with the Ulamog example, but I think the point holds, I would rather just be playing another threat than this. I suppose time will tell, I'm perfectly willing to admit I could be totally wrong here.
>>
>>49203904
Liliana goaded Chandra to go to Kaladesh in the first place and is currently with her acting as a devil on her shoulder, urging her to embrace all of her desires, do whatever she wishes and abandon any and all morality. Basically, she's trying to make Chandra go Rakdos.

Then there's Nissa, who has all of these internal monologues about how much she admires Chandra, comparing to a font of beautiful, natural power and a flighty, directionless bird all at once. She's going to Kaladesh to try and make sure that Chandra doesn't get into much trouble and has sworn to stand by her, once she finds her.
>>
File: Planeswalkers.png (8KB, 341x319px) Image search: [Google]
Planeswalkers.png
8KB, 341x319px
Looking at the planeswalkers-in-standard card and knowing Wizards considers Planeswalker color balance, we're probably setting up for a black planeswalker or two in Aether Revolt if Dovin Bann ends up being UW like predicted
>>
>>49203884
well the super grindy emerge deck is good atm.
W/B isn't a top color combo right now. Green is really good right now.
>>
>>49203889
READ THE FUCKING THREAD
>>
>>49203904
she's just likely not to be a major player in the story and/or got a card last set. like jace in bfz, she doesn't need a card to be around, saheeli, tezz, and baan are all squatting blue, chandra has to be there, so without nissa there is no green walker. if they drop lili, tezz can still be resident black man.
>>
>5 planeswalkers confirmed
>Saheeli
>Chandra
>Vedalken dude
>Tezzeret

>>>>>>>>>ASHAYA

Kill me.
>>
>>49203952
>BW isn't a top color combo right now

What rock have you been living under?
>>
>>49203803
>1 turn away from ultimate
>or ultimates immediately with white Oath
Looks strong

>this set has 4 or 5 planeswalkers
>plus another 5 in the new intro packs
They really want every deck in every format to play those things huh?
>>
>>49203979
>another 5 in the new intro packs
what? there are only two intro packs dude.
>>
>>49203976
No green no win.
>>
>>49203962
>>>>>>>>>>ASHAYA
I haven't read the past 2 URs but Nissa's character of "dissociating and turning into a plant on the other side of the world" is technically better than her previous character

MUH ASHAYA should be gotten rid of though
>>
>>49203933
well we're saying your evaluation is off.
This card isn't instead of an Sorin or Emrakul/Ulamog.
Sorin is a completely different color combo, so is in a completely different deck. And you can put Nissa into a deck that wants to continue ramping into an Ulamog/Emrakul.

What other threat, at 5, in a base green deck, is this competing with?
What other cards in a base green deck does this combine with well or poorly?

Looking at Sorin/Obs because those are also 5 drop planswalkers doesn't tell you as much as you think, because they aren't in the same deck. You do that comparison when saying what completely different decks have more power/options, not what's better in a given deck.
>>
>>49203950
New thread
>>
>>49203989
My bad, I thought they normally produced 5 intro packs per set
>>
>>49204012
They used to but not anymore

Now it's two planeswalker packs per set i think
>>
>>49204012
They did, since they're doing planeswalker decks I think it's just 2 though
>>
>>49203999
is nissa's new character just "I have no consistent character an do whatever comes off as the most spiritual and aloof at any given time" because I seriously still can't define nissa's character as anything other than a self-contradicting blur
>>
>>49203847
At least you have a big blocker to protect your walker. I agree though, it's nothing to freak out about.
>>
>>49204005
I would literally rather just play another Ishkanah or Elder Deep Fiend or whatever over this card. Hell even that new 5 mana 4/4 with the 4 counters seems preferable as an immediate threat.
>>
>>49204035
Homesick's characterization was all over the fucking place for Chandra.

They don't really seem to have the characters down yet after the origins retcon.

Everyone, including the narrative itself, seems to be taking potshots at her though, so that's kind of funny.
>>
>>49204035
I think Nissa's new character is defined by the fact that she involuntarily forms a connection with the genius loci of whatever plane she ends up on, be it good or bad. It's why Innistrad scared the living shit out of her, and why Ravnica feels like a devoid wasteland to her.

It's less of a characterisation than Reichskommissar of Zendikarische Nazional-Socialistiche Arbeitpartei but if they work with it it's fine
>>
>>49204074
>Reichskommissar of Zendikarische Nazional-Socialistiche Arbeitpartei
10/10, would laugh again.
>>
>>49204050
good, those are comparisons that make Nissa look a little weak.
Though card advantage is thing those decks would like a fair bit, so she still might find a home as a 1-2 of.

The problem wasn't that you are totally off in thinking the new Nissa isn't the greatest thing ever. It's that you were using very bad arguments to try and prove that point.

Your premises and conclusion can both be true, and your argument can still be invalid. and in your case your premises weren't even that great to start.
>>
>>49204121
Sorry for assuming that people in the spoiler general know what major threats exists in standard, my bad dude, I bow to your intellectual superiority.
>>
>>49203785
I'm making a Clue/Energy deck for Modern. Have a look yourself:

Creatures: (16)
>Thraben Inspector x4
>Arcbound Ravager x4
>Erdwal Illuminator x4
>Tireless Tracker x4

Planeswalkers: (3)
>Tezzeret, the Seeker x3

Enchantments: (4)
>Ongoing Investigation x4

Artifacts: (5)
>Animation Module x3
>Aetherworks Marvel x2

Instants: (8)
>Confront the Unknown x4
>Path to Exile x4

Lands: (24)
Darksteel Citadel x4
>>
>>49204139
that counter would work if you'd just said "other 5 drop threats in green", but you didn't. You mentioned cards that Nissa would not compete for a slot with.

You didn't assume about others knowledge of threats, you made claims about specific cards being comparable threats, despite that not being the case.
>>
File: Worship.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Worship.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49203585
>>49203191
Worship should also work right? Cause Madcap ends each effect with a period so the colossus would be in play before the damage is given
>>
>>49204279
It works, but not because of periods. You just do things in the order written on the card, periods or not.
>>
>>49196012
>>49196052
This is not that chandra.
>>
>>49198746

It's safer to dump on cards than praise them.

> Say card is shit, turns out to get a lot of play
>"What I MEANT is that it didn't fit in the current meta when it was revealed. Things are different now!"
> Praise card, turns out no one plays it

What, you expect them to admit they were wrong?
>>
>>49204227
Current standard is not a mono-colour affair, get real. I suppose what I'm trying to say is why would I construct a mediocre deck around this new Nissa, when I could just play BW or UB or UW or mono-red or any other colour combination that will by and large win much faster and with more consistency, the card is not a slam dunk PW and it is certainly by no means even remotely comparable to great PWs of the past, that was what my original post said. And like I said, it barely even fits into current established green archetypes, you could make an argument for emerge or delirium like I've said but why would I play it over the more concrete threats.
>>
>>49195784
I could have sworn R&D said they'd never make these fastlands as they would break modern, especially UG and UR.
>>
>>49204279
>that flavortext
>>
>>49203336
Its the opposite. These need to be crap so pros dont buy them all leaving nothing for the newbies.
>>
File: Nissa, Worldwaker.full.jpg (721KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Nissa, Worldwaker.full.jpg
721KB, 745x1040px
>>49203803
Kinda feels like a much stronger version of Worldwaker.

Worldwaker didn't really see much play in standard. The only times she saw play was in sideboards of green midrange decks (Abzan, for example) as a threat against control.

Yeah, she doesn't get to defend herself with the land, but her other abilites are infinitely better.

Breddy gud in midrange decks that curve into her.
>>
>>49203329
Why the fuck did you put them backwards?
>>
>>49203477

That is so going into my Ally Tribal Deck.
>>
File: unroly-mob-mtg.jpg (68KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
unroly-mob-mtg.jpg
68KB, 800x488px
>>49203803
>>49203240

>pw-deck Nissa gets awesome art
>"comp" Nissa gets ugly art

love comp Nissa but fuck you Blizz, switch those fucking artworks
>>
>>49203934
>Kaladesh is literally six months of Nissa and Lili trying to get Chandra to go paragon or Renegade.
>>
>>49203976
Does anyone know how wotc hires there writers/

I am serious I have been digging around on linked in and cant seem to find anything.

Like Mel Li was a fucking particle physicist how did she get on the team?
>>
>>49200595
this guy gets it, running it with Koth will be ridiculously good in red Stompy

>>49201428
I wonder if this is viable in any LED Storm decks
>>
>>49204621
>Step 1 - Be a minority, bonus points if female
>Step 2 - Apply for an internship at WotC
>Step 3 - Create diverse and inclusive content
>Step 4 - Enjoy your new job at WotC!
>>
>>49204393
>Current standard is not a mono-colour affair, get real
I didn't say it was. But that doesn't mean that Nissa and Sorin are competing for the same slots.
>I suppose what I'm trying to say is why would I construct a mediocre deck around this new Nissa,
or the much lesser claim of just including it in a existing G/x deck, many of which are very good and a few of which could make very good use of her.

>or any other colour combination that will by and large win much faster and with more consistency
that's a very bold statement that you've provided no evidence for.

>and it is certainly by no means even remotely comparable to great PWs of the past, that was what my original post said
you compared it to things in standard, none of which were the greatest ever.

>you could make an argument for emerge or delirium like I've said but why would I play it over the more concrete threats.
The things it actually competes with aren't major threats, but answers.
Ishkanah is an answer to aggressive strategies by providing lots of blockers. It's not going on aggro.
EDF is a threat, but it's a very different spell, and not just a plane 5 drop. It's doing a different thing.

Nissa provides card advantage and a non-creature based threat. The non-creature part would hurt it in emerge, except that it actually provides creatures and even a little ramp. It might not be good enough to fit, but that's the comparison that needs to be made.

And it took you forever to get to the actual comparison and argument. You didn't start with that comparsion, you didn't start with comparing her to 'the great PWs of the past'. You started comparing her with cards in standard that she's not competing with.
Your argument was shit, even if your conclusion was right.
>>
>>49204074
>>49204035
All i can tell is she was a racist elf on Zendikar, then walke dto Lorwyyn saw them do there genocide hunts and was so shocked out of her racisms he went back to Zendiklar to fight the drazi.
>>
>>49204393
>Current standard is not a mono-colour affair
what? did you miss the bant rape?

followed second by temurge?
>>
>>49203073
>Its a disconnect like if the lead of Innistrad was a cyborg ninja named Cout Ducard vonGrisling or something

I'd play it. I mean, hell, I'm running The Bitch-Ass Castle of Gangster Dracula this Thanksgiving, so my tastes shouldn't be considered decent or even sane, but still.
>>
>>49204642
But I am a minority and was rejected for there only wotc opening (editing-) because my job is only tangentially related I compile the sources for a the the bibliography for a government energy agency's grid modernization program)

Its not like I am upset i cant get a job there, there are clearly no openings, its mostly curiosity of how they are getting there.

Its like seeing flies pop up in a closed jar. Who are these people/ where did they come from/ how did they get here?

Also it seems there gate watch plan worked. The story postings are breaking records in pageviews and story awareness is at an all time high. Why do you think this is and what should be wotc's next step from here?
>>
>>49204819
But he is still i assume a gansta dracula not say Felcia day as a hacker or something.
>>
>>49204738
>Dream about genocideing der Human all your life
>See elf genocide in action
>Pussy out

Damn it Nissa you useless cunt.
>>
File: shape anew.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
shape anew.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>49203191
>its a colored shifted shape anew with no sacrifice requirement attached to a drawback

I don't know what to think of this.
>>
>>49195957
>2 drop
What?
>>
>>49197165
The best deck in until it left standard standard was 4 color rally which had a playset of coco, more people were freaking out about jace at the time though.
>>
>>49205888

They're assuming you use her RR ability to pay for something else on the turn you drop her: effectively reducing her cost to just 2.
>>
>>49204582
It's at least more interesting than another arch being entirely about Jace. Unless Chandra predictably sides with Nissa and returns back to saving the multiverse with the gang.
>>
>>49206027
That's fucking retarded. Red gets to topdeck mode way too fast to reliably have something to do with 2 mana after you put down a 4-drop.

>>49195957
If you look at her as a 2-drop, she is not 5 starting loyalty. Stop being dumb.
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.