[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 64

File: 151.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Asshole clerics edition

Old thread: >>49177346

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
Any ideas for a demon and/or vampire tribal EDH deck?

Better to go mono black or maybe BR?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/you-win-some-you-ooze-some/

I can't wait to see how it sucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 265x370px
>>49194800
Lets talk this card people, would it be worth a slot in my Mizzix deck?
>>
>>49195308
I'm going to say no. Mizzix is best with cards that have an X in their mana cost. Which usually have a low cmc.
>>
>>49195470
What? Spells with an X often have really high mana cost, dude
>>
>>49195701
Converted mana cost. X is always 0 in the CMC
>>
>>49195701
Converted mana cost for x-cost cards only includes the actual printed cost. Not what you pay. If something is, say, RRX it only costs RR for purposes of CMC.

I'm just getting back into M:tG after a couple years away so I may be misremembering.
>>
>>49194830
There's a lot more support now for BR vampires so I think it's more a matter of if you actually like some of the red based vampires and want to build around them.

For demons I think monoblack is the way to go unless you're into high risk plays like Rakdos the defiler and Malfegor. Rakdos LOR is also an option as he can help with casting big demons, but anyone who's tried to build him can probably tell you that it takes a lot of fine tuning to figure out the right balance between small pingers to enable Rakdos and big fatties. Demons also tend to have a lot of colored mana requirements which limits the usefulness of Rakdos' cost reduction. Mana ramp is also more consistent in monoblack with nirkana revenant, crypt ghast, and cabal coffers+urborg. Building around shadowborn apostle is also worth considering if you're going for demon tribal.
>>
>>49195470
How about Noyan Dar in a cantrip tribal style deck with Talrand and other value gemerators?
>>
>>49195744
>>49195741
X Spells have a CMC of X+Colored mana while they're on the stack, so I think they actually work with this.
>>
>>49195744
>>49195827
Here's the relevant ruling:
>107.3a If a spell or activated ability has a mana cost, alternative cost, additional cost, and/or activation cost with an {X}, [-X], or X in it, and the value of X isn’t defined by the text of that spell or ability, the controller of that spell or ability chooses and announces the value of X as part of casting the spell or activating the ability. (See rule 601, “Casting Spells.”) While a spell is on the stack, any X in its mana cost equals the announced value. While an activated ability is on the stack, any X in its activation cost equals the announced value.
>>
>>49195820

Was looking around and monoblack does seem the best option. Also a lot of these demons seem relatively cheap which is nice. Nirkana and Cabal Coffers are well out of my price range, but the Crypt Ghast is much more likely, and maybe Magus of the Coffers as well instead?

Was leaning towards Ob Nixilis, Unshackled for a commander as well.
>>
>>49195929
I don't know if I like this or not. Mostly because I know I'm going to get into an argument about it and I don't care enough to actually memorize the rule boook.
>>
>>49195308
Is that Tezzeret? What the fuck is he summoning?

Looks awfully Phyrexian...
>>
>Flamecaller for Feldon
>New Chandra for Hidetsugu

Fuck, I thought I was done buying shit for a while. I should just wait until they rotate
>>
File: FarWanderings.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
FarWanderings.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
I've had quite a few new revelations for older decks recently; only some of which were due to actually using edhrec.

To help everyone be as spicy and unforeseen as possible, let's play a game where you post a generic action your deck does (e.g. land ramp, stuff your grave, clone dudes, or whatever else) and your five favourite pieces of tech to do it. Bonus points for more obscure cards.
>>
>>49196254
Hits for large amounts of damage
>>
File: 1470908417144.png (1MB, 1404x498px) Image search: [Google]
1470908417144.png
1MB, 1404x498px
>>49196254
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds.

So much fucking tech I have to make a collage.

Plus Regal Behemoth and Throne of the High City, which are probably new staples in French EDH, at least.
>>
>>49196051
If anyone ever asks you about /tg/, just show them this post.
>>
>>49196051
Why memorize what you can just look up?

http://www.yawgatog.com/resources/magic-rules/

Easy to browse, easy to digest. Always up-to-date.
>>
>>49196051
Brisela, Chalice of void, and void winnower all immediately spring to mind as decent reasons to keep it memorised, anyway.
>>
File: BW has best card draw.png (1MB, 623x944px) Image search: [Google]
BW has best card draw.png
1MB, 623x944px
>>49196254
Drawing a disgusting amount of cards is pretty cool.
>>
IZZET ARTIFICER LEGEND WHEN
>>
>>49196790
>Pia printed as Red
>Kiran printed as Blue

There you go, Izzet Artificers
>>
>>49196790
Literally never. UR artifact legend would either be awful or fucking bonkers busted
>>
File: Mishra, Artificer Prodigy.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mishra, Artificer Prodigy.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>49196790
Right here, senpai.
>>
>>49196889

Yig-Yig the Redliner UR
Creature- Goblin Artificer
U/R: Untap target artifact. Destroy it at the beginning of the next end of turn.
"There is a point where we should have stopped and we passed it long ago. But let's keep going and see what happens"
2/2
>>
>>49194830

First off, vampire tribal is a real deck, demon tribal isn't, I mean you can do Shadowborn apostles but other than that, demon tribal is as garbage as Angel tribal

So now that you've decided to go with vampire tribal, BR is a good choice I think just to maximize your options, I also think Olivia Voldaren is the clear choice for commander
>>
>>49196927
>relies on either a turbo jank enchantment or a $300 card being out to actually work
Nah man
>>
>>49196942
>pay blue or red
>get infinite mana

you should be hired at wizards to design new cards
>>
>>49196927
sure is a GREAT izzet commander. not shit at all and definitely the colour identity wanted!
>>
>>49197020
Also works with Thada, Praetor's Grasp, Grinning Totem, Blood Funnel, and Nullstone Gargoyle.

Besides you're playing artifacts.dec. You don't need a commander to build around to make a competitive deck you tard.
>>
>>49194830
imo you should go mono black vampires. other than Olivia there are no other red vampires worth running. plus going mono black has perks with stuff like Crypt Ghast, Caged Sun, Crypt of Agadeem, Cabal Coffers, and Nykthos. You can generate a shitton of mana and Exsanguinate everyone and stuff like that.
>>
>>49196384

I just built Selvala as Elfball hiding behind an infinite mana commander because Sword of the Paruns and Umbral Mantle exist.
>>
>>49197066

No one likes a redliner.
>>
>>49197091
>You don't need a commander to build around to make a competitive deck
Prossh and Narset beg to differ
>>
>>49197147
Congrats, you still don't need a commander to build a competitive deck.
>>
>>49197004

I suppose tribal is the wrong word since that tends to mean your entire list of creatures are that creature type, but if you're monocolored getting enough mana to get out demons shouldn't be too difficult while still using weaker creatures to curve into the bigger demons.

>>49197097

What would you suggest for a commander? Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, Anowon, or something like Ob Nixilis, Unshackled?
>>
Purphoros is B O R I N G
>>
File: my commanders.png (4MB, 1112x1860px) Image search: [Google]
my commanders.png
4MB, 1112x1860px
post em.

I'm at the point where I am almost done with making a deck for every color combo, but I want to take apart a bunch of decks and make new ones, I'm at the point where I maybe even just might take everything apart and start from scratch.
>>
>>49197091
>thada, praetor's grasp, grinning totem
all of those are meta dependant. if your meta doesn't play a ton of artifacts then you;re screwed. Not only do they have to be playing them, you have to be playing the same ones as them. not sure their worth.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 223x310px
cards you play just to make that one guy mad
>>
>>49197133
what people like and what is necessary are two different things

and people realize redliners are important. people get jobs as redliners.
>>
>>49197180

Okay yeah there are some decent demons if you just want to run a fair number and not make your whole deck about it

That said I still think RB vampires would be the most fun

There are a couple good red vampires and you can run red goodstuff cards too

Falkenrath gorger
Stromkirk captain
Vampiric dragon
>>
File: AW_1.jpg (78KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
AW_1.jpg
78KB, 300x419px
>>49197374
>everyone plays a fuckton of mana ramp artifacts
>except for me
>tutor for this guy every game and cast it by turn 5

get cucked nerds
>>
>>49197357
Every deck runs Sol Ring. Almost every deck will be running Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, Worn Powerstone, etc. That's enough to justify the inclusion of those cards. Personally I don't run any of the cards you brought up, but I also don't really care about building around Mishra. I'd rather just run better artifacts.
>>
File: 10.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>49197374
I have a guy who plays BUG Sidisi and he just can't handle this card
>>
>>49197435
>t5
you're already dead, kiddo. nothin personel.
>>
File: Image.png (114KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
114KB, 223x311px
>>49197374
The local reanimator guy gets absurdly butthurt over this and thinks I play it just for him, but this card is crazy useful. I've gotten Prosh, Ghave, Brago, the Mimeoplasm... But he thinks it's all for him.
>>
File: 1473043452597.png (295KB, 586x474px) Image search: [Google]
1473043452597.png
295KB, 586x474px
>mfw my group turned the game into archenemy againsty my mazirek deck
>>
>>49197441
>sol ring
sure one card. those other mana rocks? not guaranteed. like i said. meta dependant. obviously your meta runs those rocks. others might not.
>>
>>49197443
>BUG
>Not having answers to artifacts.
Sounds like he deserves it.
>>
File: Image.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
134KB, 223x311px
>>49197374
He doesn't play his Jhoira deck much any more.
>>
>>49197374

I got this pulled on me a few days ago... of course I had like 7 artifacts that he stole and I had earlier stupidly swung with my only flying guy earlier in the turn.

The guy running Tariel with an Avacyn on field then used Wrath of God killing everything but himself.
>>
>>49197486
He does. He also likes attacking me, because he never wears his glasses to game nights, always ends up sitting next to me, and my cards are the only ones he can read so he swings my way every time, despite much larger threats being on the table
>>
>>49197443
>BUG can't stop SoF2

Does he not at minimum naturalize or a U bounce spell?
>>
File: 1473129399296.png (530KB, 480x672px) Image search: [Google]
1473129399296.png
530KB, 480x672px
I'm not great at theorycraft. Is this good in Commander?

I wasn't too impressed when I saw it. It looks like it was designed for standard. The only thing that looks particularly impressive about her is her -7, but all my friends were pissing themselves about it, and all the spoiler threads are going nuts. Am I just bad at magic?
>>
>>49197554
It's not on the basis that planeswalkers aren't legendary creatures.
>>
>>49197180
I dont think it really matters. Drana has low cmc and makes your vamps bigger and Anowon is great against decks like Nekusar, Mizzix or voltron strategies. I'd say run both in your deck and switch as you see fit. You can also run og Drana or any of the two Kalitas.
>>
>>49197441

I don't run sol ring in all my decks

I just like to surprise people when they play thada adel and also i hate destroying my own mana sources with fracturing gust
>>
>>49197554
>It looks like it was designed for standard
Everything is designed for draft and standard, they don't test for other formats
>>
>>49197528
You're kidding right? If their eye sight is that bad shouldn't they be wearing them all the time?
This guy isn't in primary school is he?

Y'know what? It doesn't matter. It's still his own fault.
>>
>>49197583
>I don't run sol ring in all my decks
This is objectively bad deck building.
>i hate destroying my own mana sources with fracturing gust
Do you also avoid casting Wrath of God when you have a creature on the field?
>>
>>49197554
>is this good in commander?

1st ability is generally useless and will get her taken out fairly fast, 2nd ability can be useful to get any extra mana, 3rd works good for spot removal, 4th ability really depends on the group but I don't like to judge walkers off their ultimates
>>
>>49197352

>Liliana
Discard value control

>Gisa
Fucking zombies everywhere

>Mono R Grenzo
WIP Agro

>Mono G Selvala
Elfball

>Nahiri
Equipment.dec

>Hana
Combo Control

>nuMarchesa
Monarch Superfriends

>Jeleva
Control

I want to build something GR next because I have an Arlin I want to use, but it can't be black because my black is tapped atm.
>>
>>49197554
it's pretty damn good for mono-red and gives it some stuff it needs

the first +1 gives you a pseudo card draw, and red likes card draw. also the tiny bit of burn helps a teensy bit

the second +1 is like a pseudo mana ramp, probably really useful for mono red decks that need to ramp up (zirilan etc)

-3 is good too, great for burning various small utility creatures and commanders

-7 looks kinda meh as far as ultimates go, but who cares, you'll rarely be casting the ultimate anyway
>>
>>49197180

I sued Newlivia for awhile, and it did surprisingly well for what it was. I might throw it back together even though my tutors and shit are all preoccupied.
>>
Anyone figured out a good list and/or tech for the new grenzo yet? I've been wanting to make a goofy goblin deck for a while and I think the new Grenzo would be the best for it. looking for a goofy chaos style deck that
>>
>>49197769
>looking for a goofy chaos style deck that
oops forgot to finish this sentence

a goofy chaos style deck that doesn't really draw hate but isn't completely useless either. i basically want to dodge hate and cause better decks to kill each other with goad style effects
>>
>>49197733

Oldlivia is pretty absurd, but this new Newlivia seems rather underwhelming? Love the artwork though. Be much better if you didn't have to discard a card.
>>
>>49196875
>Kiran printed as blue
I, uh, have some bad news for you, anon.
>>
>>49197554
It's not for every deck, but red card advantage is always good, and it's a source of decent ramp the turn after you play it as well. -3 hits a surprising amount of threats, and the ult is amazing and looks surprisingly attainable.

>>49197575
i dont understand your point

>>49197596
>everything is designed for standard
objectively false. everything is balanced for standard. but there are cards in standard sets designed for other formats. they specifically keep commander in mind when designing some of the legendaries, as they are aware it is pretty much the most popular casual format among enfranchised players.
>>
>>49197713
I dunno about you, but that -7 looks fantastic for any Izzet deck. Both Mizzix and Tibor and Lumia come to mind. You can easily get 15 damage a turn off of that.
>>
>>49197869
>everything is balanced for standard
THAT'S the one. I knew "designed for standard" sounded off
>>
>>49197876
yeah it's okay but it's not like a ton of other ultimates that are basically just "you win the game"

her +1s are really good though, so she will probably get the ultimate off a lot more often
>>
>>49197808

There are quite a few usable madness cards in RB, plus reanimation is a thing. Also, that madness vampire is great.

As far as Newlivia goes, shes cheap, gives haste, and makes vampires. Oldlivia tends to draw a lot of hate and drains mana like no tomorrow.
>>
>>49197930
>>49197876
>using ultimates in your evaluations of walkers for commander
scrubs. unless the ultimate is very achievable and/or the other abilities seriously help you get there, then it's pretty bad. evaluating walkers should be based on their immediate value when they hit the board.
>>
File: 1463449154481.gif (1MB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
1463449154481.gif
1MB, 300x242px
>keep putting off my Alesha build

Should I build Hidetsugu or Feldon next?
>>
>>49197111
If you play multiplayer EDH, don't forget going infinite with a 6 power creature (or Invigorate) and Staff of Domination.
>>
>>49197987
depends. do you have a very fast meta? go hidetsugu. are you in a slower, more control oriented meta? feldon.
>>
>>49197986
that's what i originally said, though. i said that the ultimate looks meh but who cares, it's an ultimate. "add 2 fireballs to your mana pool" is pretty godlike as far as mono-red +1 planeswalker abilities go. you get half the mana you used to cast her back, and then next turn you'll have enough mana for a 6-7 drop. if you're playing mono-red, then that ramp can easily give you the game
>>
>>49198019
Slower, but not control oriented. Feldon looks fun, but I like the idea of holding everyone hostage with Hidetsugu and just nuking the table if anyone starts some shit with me
>>
>>49198029
>"add 2 fireballs to your mana pool"
Not to call you out, but what do you call the other kinds of mana?
>>
>>49198010

I don't own a Staff yet, but that, too. Yea. I can also use Wirewood Symbiote and Temur Sabertooth, or just the Sabertooth with some sort of haste.
>>
>>49197769
He's OK as one of the 99 in a goblin deck. That's about it.
>>
>>49198136
green = trees
black = skulls
white = suns
blue = tears
>>
>>49197769
>>49197795
I play new grenzo, focusing on goad, and so far every game of playing him has been
>before it starts, just looking at grenzo:
"Oh? You're gonna try playing my stuff? Cute."
>turn2:
"Uh-oh guys, he's got his commander out, lol."
>turn4:
"Okay guys, we really gotta see to grenzo."
>turn6:
Archenemy mode full swing
>turn8:
People begin openly colluding against grenzo.
>turn10:
People are now piling cards to conceal possible attackers and misrepresenting board state yo avoid goads. If I last until turn 10, I have to start asking everyone to list, out loud, plainly, every possible target, as any different means will fall to deception.

At least at my LGS, goad makes people unreasonably salty.
>>
>>49196054
It actually has Phyrexian, Sliver and Eldrazi touches in it.
>>
>>49198177
>blue=tears

Like pottery
>>
>>49198177
>blue = tears
You got that right.
>>
File: 1473044218974.png (2MB, 1554x744px) Image search: [Google]
1473044218974.png
2MB, 1554x744px
>>49197352
I bypassed Feldon and made Shirei today. Waiting for my cards to come in and I'll be all set.
>>
>>49198171
>>49198184
yeah i checked through tappedout and every retard is building around the shitty "exile opponent's spell and cast it" feature when the goad seems much better (although worthless in some metas)

if i decided to build him, i would probably go 40% chaos, 30% utility spells and only 30% various attackers to proc goad. use goad mainly to protect myself while fucking up the board state with chaos stuff, then maybe put some really ridiculous lategame red spells to close out the game (insurrection etc)
>>
Does anyone have a nice Ayli list I could look at?
>>
File: metallurgicsummonings.jpg (51KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
metallurgicsummonings.jpg
51KB, 265x370px
Some anon posted in the last thread that the creature Tezzeret was summoning here looked Phyrexian. I disagree, rather, it looks simply like an extension of his arm to some degree manifesting from his power to manipulate artifacts or metals in general.

As for its use in a commander deck. I don't know, maybe in Muzzio?
>>
>>49198184
oh, do you have a list by the way? i kinda want to see if its possible to get a decent budget list for him
>>
>>49197467
I run Containment Priest instead.
>>
>>49198340
Looks more like quicksilver over Phyrexian.
>>
File: 1472337772602.gif (718KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472337772602.gif
718KB, 320x240px
>>49198378
F-fuck you
>>
>>49198381
Yeah that too
>>
>>49198378
That one's nice too, but it can't be Sunforge'd and doesn't hit tokens.
>>
>>49198184
Your store sounds terrible. Goad is a fucking riot though, I'd like to see your list if you have it
>>
>>49196254

I'm gonna give two of each instead, for the benefit of the thread and jank lovers out there.

Combat Tricks
>Dark Triumph
>Polymorphous Rush

Token Producer
>Fungal Sprouting
>Homarid Spawning Bed

Card Draw
>Shared Discovery
>Pygmy Kavu
>>
>>49198378
But Moonlight also hits tokens.
>>
>>49198096
Hidetsugu is really good at that. Build him. Plus you get to run bullshit jank to discourage people from attacking
>>
>>49198096
Give hisetsugu lifelink, or infect
>>
>>49197554
The spoiler threads are going nuts because of her in standard and her interaction with vessel of volatility, having both cards in your opening hand in edh is a magical christmas land due to the singleton rule, she is meh at most in edh
>>
>>49197352
Looks very diverse, but damn, I hate that Rafiq artwork.
Is that the one you use?
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49194800
I'm working on an Athreos deck, as you do, and I'm struggling to find an actual win condition. So far all I have is using cards like Ayli and Golden-glow moth to build up a mass of life, and having the mana ramp of a much higher cmc deck so I can continue to recycle cards from the field to my hand using Athreos and some Sacrifice a creature/enter the battlefield abilities. No actual win-condition besides building up an army, endless life, and then sit there to be a dick. Any help?
>>
File: Maga, Traitor to Mortals_SOK.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Maga, Traitor to Mortals_SOK.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>49199066
Shadowborn apostles! And a few demons?
Or,
Ormendahl?

Hmm. Maybe soul sisters +zulaport cutthroat/blood artist?
>>
File: 1466335048121.jpg (12KB, 207x204px) Image search: [Google]
1466335048121.jpg
12KB, 207x204px
ok dudes how do i beat full-on degenerate derevi stax (the one that loads u[ on mana dorks and doesnt let you lay the game after turn 4)?
>>
>>49199282
sorry my p key doesnt work 90% of the time
>>
Should I put Balefire Dragon into my Xenagod deck?
>>
>>49199017
MTG: The Blackening
>>
File: Darksteel Mutation_C13.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Darksteel Mutation_C13.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>49199282
Darksteel mutation/ robe of mirrors

Nevermore

Declaration of naught

Control magic, a lot of it.
>>
>>49198966
She's still pretty good in EDH. Red card draw and general utility
>>
>>49199066
Minion of the Wastes
Phyrexian Processor
Serra Avatar
>>
>>49197554
They've been designing better Chandras. Or at least more usable ones.
>>
>>49199308
Yes.

Put these in as well:

Malignus
Pathbreaker Ibex
Hydra Omnivore
Kalonian Hydra
Putrefax
Rapacious One
Giant Adephage
Deus of Calamity
Blightsteel Colossus
>>
>>49199329
Nevermore and Declaration of Naught don't do anything against Derevi
>>
>>49199066
I would just run it as a sac and life drain deck. The ability wants to recur as often as possible instead of having opponents have no doubt about paying 3 life to put a fatty in the graveyard.

Your sac outlet of choice, then things like Blood Artist, and other creatures that generate tokens when they enter.
>>
>>49199332
The card draw is abit of a stretch, you dont actually get to draw it, it goes to exile and you have to cast it immediately, it doesnt even say you can play it till end of turn, i dunno its worded really badly but i guess if you can get a land every time or a spell you intend to use right away

The ramp ability is a nice touch
>>
>>49199402
Holy fuck, I'm an idiot. I Reread derevi.
Yeah. OK. Here, take these instead: imprisoned in the moon, song of the dryads
>>
>>49199379
Deus of Calamity is kind of lackluster in Xenagos. You don't want SLD, you want to kill players
>>
>>49199493
But you at least can get rid of someone else's Cabal coffers / Urborg / etc.

And with Malignus or Leyline of Punishment, Maze of Ith as well.
>>
>>49199379
Ok. I have all of those in already but Putrefax because it seems dickish. and Blightsteel I have it in my Daretti deck. other fatties that I have are

Vorinclex
both Atarkas
Scourge of the Throne
Moldgraf Monstrosity
Living Hive
Worldspine Wurm
Terastodon
Savage Ventmaw
Hellkite Charger

>>49199493
I was considering on adding Deus as well. It seemed like a good creature to tutor for to get rid of annoying lands.
>>
>>49197631

Yeah I just do it because I like doing it, not because it's better
>>
>>49197631

Sorry I meant to say that some of my decks I run sol ring, some I dont
>>
>>49199618
I dont run sol ring in every deck either
>>
>>49199541
>>49199592
I haven't had issues with utility lands with my xenagod but if the people in your meta are running stuff like that, I think I'd rather run creatures that can do other stuff too. Then it won't be a semi-useless card when you draw it when you don't need it, and you can replace its slot with a creature tutor instead

here's some creatures that can hit lands and some other stuff as well

Acidic Slime
Brutalizer Exarch
Terastodon (I don't personally run this one because of the manacost though)
>>
>>49199834
oh wow my writing is fucking awful

i hope you can make sense of it anyway
>>
>>49199834
what are some good land tutors? I only have Sylvan Scrying so far and I was thinking about running Ulvenwald Hydra because it fetches me Reliquary Tower. I have a shiton of card draw with Harmonize, Hunter's Insight, Momentous Fall, Greater Good, Zendikar Resurgent, etc. and I need ways of keeping them in my hand.
>>
>>49199902
Use gatherer.
>>
>>49199066
don't bother with his ability so much. He's a 5/4 indestructible for 3. focus on devotion and start bashing heads in.
>>
>>49197646
>1st ability is uselss
uuhhhh card advantage is sorely needed in mono red and this provides.
>>
>>49200037
>5 hits to kill
>no evasion
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
This card is fun
>>
Wo is the best commander for spellslinging? Why or why not?
>Mizzix
>Melek
>Jeleva
>let's leave Narset out of this one
>Toshiro Umezawa
>Noyan Dar
>Wort, the Raidmother
>Talrand
>Riku
>baby chandra
>someone else
>>
>>49200502
mizzix or riku. maybe grand arbiter augustin IV.
>>
>>49200502

Those all have advantages and disadvantages, relative to each other, but I think mizzix and jeleva are the most powerful on that list
>>
>>49198096
I always had a soft spot for Hidetsugu because he effectively can fast forward a game and has some very stupid life-swing shenanigans with artifacts. A mate in our playgroup has a very competent deck for him and he's one of those "fun to play against" decks.
>>
>>49198250
>No mono black deck
Not a fan?
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49200232
Fun, yeah, but by the time you have the mana to use it, you'll probably have the mana to put whatever else you wanted out on the field. Quicksilver Amulet is a better choice in regards to this ability.
>>
File: zirilan.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
zirilan.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
I'm still relatively new to EDH and looking for suggestions on who my next commander should be. My current decks are:

>Zirilan
>frist EDH deck
>the standard build, get Zirilan out ASAP and then tutor out dragons depending on what's needed in the situation
>a few sacrifice creature spells to get Hoarding Dragon into the grave and tutor out artifacts to bypass exile
>pretty straight forward, not a whole lot of surprises
>still feels great to bop the enemy with an army of dragons though

>Hanna
>based on the first MTG deck I ever built
>auratron, build-a-god workshop
>basically the idea is to tutor out auras and create gigantic hexproof, unblockable, lifelink, double strike creatures to one shot opponents and gain massive amounts of life
>Sunbound + lifelink enablers are the key combo
>Arcanum Wings + Eldrazi Conscription
>use Hanna to recycle anything that gets killed early and sent to the grave
>Aura of Silence and Lunar Force for repeatable removal/countering if things get hairy
>not super consistent but can do surprisingly well depending on the size of the group
>has the tendency to make people mad
>more fun than Zirilan because there are many more ways to play it

I found an old Obzedat laying around in my collection and threw together the foundation of a life gain/drain deck for him, but I'm not a big fan of black and I just wasn't feeling it and took it apart. I'm considering building Xenagos but I'm not definitely not a typical Gruul player and any deck without white is largely out of my comfort zone (I typically play combinations of Bant, mainly WG and WU). A WGU commander would be ideal, but from what I understand those decks are typically pretty goodstuff and expensive, right?

Are there any moderately priced Bant commanders? If not, what are your favorite Azorius or Selesnya builds?

Sorry for the tl;dr by the way. And thanks.
>>
File: macar.jpg (80KB, 381x531px) Image search: [Google]
macar.jpg
80KB, 381x531px
>>49200766
As an additional note pic related has always been one of my favorite cards lore wise and thus I've always wanted to build a deck around him, but as I said in the first post I'm pretty clueless when it comes to black, and most builds I've seen for him online all look pretty much exactly the same and only seem to function in one specific way. Is there any way to add a little more variety to him?
>>
>>49197575
>in commander
>as a commander

do you realize that those are different ideas?
>>
>>49200706
>pay nine mana
>get 50 mana of Eldrazi into play
>>
>>49200766
Post Hanna list?
>>
>>49200810
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edh-auras-2/

Still a WIP. Need to pick up Mystical Tutor and maybe Idyllic Tutor later on to up the consistency. Then fine tuning which combinations of auras and creatures works the best.
>>
>>49200831
Does it work well? I've always wanted to build an alpha strike deck.
>>
>>49200502
Tarland.

He's a snowball. He'll either roll down a hill and flatten everyone or he'll melt.
>>
>>49200848
My group isn't super spike so it holds its own. out of the five games I've played with it so far, I think it's won four of them. And the one I lost was specifically because the table teamed up on me out of frustration. I wouldn't bet on it playing that consistently against more serious opponents though because auras are obviously not great. Either way though I think it's fun. Hanna makes recovering from losing a dude you've been building up MUCH easier, as you can just lay low and recycle the auras back into your hand and start with someone new.

It's definitely not top tier but I like it. UW auras have always had a special place in my heart though.
>>
>>49200804
>pay four mana
>get a single high level Eldrazi out by fifth turn.
Sure, you could build the deck around having enough mana ramp to get Myojin out that much sooner, but by the time you've built your deck around getting that much mana that quickly, AND always having high CMC creatures in your hand, you're basically giving yourself no room to deal with land destruction, burn, or more likely, faster decks with lower CMC creatures that can whittle you down before then.
>>
>>49200880
>8 mana
>one Eldrazi

>9 mana
>all the Eldrazi

Really makes you think...
>>
File: gontilordofluxury.jpg (44KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
gontilordofluxury.jpg
44KB, 265x370px
How would one build this guy. I'm tempted to build just goodstuff, but I have enough good decks that I want some kind of theme deck. Still not garbage so Sol Ring and Mana Crypt will be run.

Also I saw someone on tappedout.net has an EDH decks folder, I'm pretty sure that's someone on here. I propose we move the folder to OP since EDHrec rarely gives actual good decks.
>>
>>49200146
>evasion is hard to get in W/B
>>
>>49200898
Objectively, yes, but you're not considering the most important factor of an Eldrazi deck: getting your big creatures out before your opponent achieves his win condition. 9 mana, unless you pull some serious shenanigans, isn't likely to happen within the first 5 turns, and the payoff won't be that great if you don't have a bunch of high level creatures in your hand, another unlikely outcome, and even if you did, it means you're effectively unable to play anything.

By contrast, you can get Quicksilver Amulet out by fourth turn, maybe sooner, then on your fifth turn pay four mana to get that Ulamog out Long before you should ever expect to.
>>
>>49200959
Don't worry man, I'm just screwing with you. I know amulet is better. not as good as piper though
>>
>>49198378

I much prefer Hallowed because it can't be killed
>>
>>49201086
>only lasts one turn
It kills itself.
>>
>>49200986
i've been thinking of cutting piper out of my xenagos deck. the math just doesn't work out in its favor

explosive vegetation
>guarantees 2 extra mana for every turn until the end, barring any MLD shenanigans
>lands are resilient
>the mana ramp you get can be used to cast anything

elvish piper
>gives you nothing on etb, requires haste to even be used on its first turn on the board
>can only be used for creature spells
>typically requires at least 2 or 3 uses to be worth the mana/card investment, you're lucky if it survives a single turn
>extremely frail due to 1 toughness and being a creature

i feel like half your deck needs to be huge eldrazi drops before running piper becomes worth it
>>
>>49200902
I guess if you're trying to take advantage of its ability you'd want to run a bunch of sacrifice and recursion effects. Ashnod's altar and phyrexian altar would be good. Black market can help pay for those spells you're exiling. Burnt offering, sacrifice, and culling the weak would be other ways of getting Gonti into the grave and some mana to pay for the spell you exiled. Anything that makes eldrazi spawn or scions can also help with paying costs. Maybe you can theme it around suicide black with ad nauseam since it matches the transient life part of the aetherborn.
>>
File: 1,2,3,5.png (592KB, 1028x409px) Image search: [Google]
1,2,3,5.png
592KB, 1028x409px
>>49199902
Not exactly tutoring, but abundance plus any multi-card draw can pack your hand full of lands. Everybody knows explorer's map.

>>49200902
I don't normally play black, so I won't go out of my way to get one. But if I end up pulling one, I'm gonna make a clone and flicker artifact deck around him. It'll probably be rubbish, but it sounds like a fun way to play him.

>>49197352
Intet's final cards arrive tomorrow, as well as a shiny new Berserker's Onslaught for my Grenzo >>49198184 and at long last getting a rhystic study so Kruphix can play.

>>49198523
I've had a couple people ask, so even if it isn't good, might as well upload it to clarify.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/evasive-little-bastards/
>>
File: My EDH.png (2MB, 1502x898px) Image search: [Google]
My EDH.png
2MB, 1502x898px
>>49197352
>>
>>49201109

>there are zero ways to recur instants

It also stops tokens and cantrips
>>
>>49201424
Break Through the Line might be an all-star in your Grenzo, give it a look
>>
>>49201424
your list seems like it "gets" grenzo unlike many other lists i've seen. i think i'd personally add some more chaos stuff to it to really bring home that "havoc raiser" theme

for example i think Confusion In the Ranks would be pretty godlike for a budget grenzo deck. turn your shitty 2 mana commons into good creatures
>>
File: TezzeretPlaneswalker.jpg (60KB, 576x666px) Image search: [Google]
TezzeretPlaneswalker.jpg
60KB, 576x666px
He really looks Monoblack or Grixis on his cardart
>>
>>49201424
I don't understand why people play Mr. Steal Yo Deck with new Grenzo instead of just promoting wholesale slaughter. Goad gets people mad, sure, but mono-red kinda sucks at ramp so casting some of the fuckhuge spells that EDH promotes is on the tougher side
>>
>>49202124
yeah i think the card stealing is best used when you have nothing better to do with your mana.
>>
>>49202108
I think it's just the red and purple colors he's wearing. I wonder if we'll get him this set or the next set of the block.
>>
File: giphy.gif (914KB, 374x220px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
914KB, 374x220px
>introduce Conspiracy 2 cards to my group
>everyone starts attacking and colluding against each other to be the monarch
>Elder Durdle Highlander has been banished forever
The dream has been realized
>>
>>49202222
our group's conspiracy games were pretty shit

everyone just filled their board with shitty common hatebears and then turtled because attacking would get them killed with the low life totals. it didn't feel like anyone was winning at any point, people were just losing equally fast at the same time

maybe we just got unlucky or we just sucked at it
>>
>>49202222
Yeah the mechanic clearly wasn't made for EDH, more so than other mechanics. I've been mulling over taking apart my Athreos to make a queen marchesa deck but I don't think it's going to happen.
>>
>>49202402
>Yeah the mechanic clearly wasn't made for EDH
You kidding me? It's made for political multiplayer games, which fits EDH to a tee.

The main issue I have with it is that decks built with the Monarch in mind will always be keeping monarch because they have enough shenanigans built in to either instantly become the monarch again, or to dissuade/prevent you from attacking.
>>
>>49197596
At the Kaladesh Drive to Work cast, they said that although their balancing is done to make standard and limited enjoyable, as well as kitchen table play, that they do look for good spots for Commander cards, and will even give test versions of cards to commander players. They also said they will occasionally tune things for modern, although its only when they think something is particularly problematic
>>
File: JSxUvOE.jpg (217KB, 1070x723px) Image search: [Google]
JSxUvOE.jpg
217KB, 1070x723px
>Decided to give EDH a try after my group told me about it.
>Research various decks and pre-cons for the whole week to see what's fun.
>Make an hour train trip to a friend's store in the middle of nowhere to buy the cards and have basic lessons on MTG.
>Looking forward to a night of fun with a Mayael deck.
>Dies turn 4 to an unblockable kalemne dealing 30 damage because two people decided that "the newbies need to learn".

I don't know anymore, any upgrades for the deck I guess?
>>
File: recruiter_of_the_guard.jpg (27KB, 251x356px) Image search: [Google]
recruiter_of_the_guard.jpg
27KB, 251x356px
Sit on it or trade it ASAP?
>>
>>49202595
>30 damage on turn 4
>With a 4CMC 3/3 in the slowest color combo
How
>>
>>49202667
I'd hold onto it. You never know when you might need it.
>>
File: 1461340242664.jpg (120KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
1461340242664.jpg
120KB, 392x495px
>>49202732

He reverberated a green spell. Tempting offer or something while the whole table agreed, so he got flooded with a huge amount of land.

>whole table giving advice after they fucked me sideways.
>>
>>49202595
You don't need deck upgrades, you need friend upgrades.
>>
File: EDH.png (1MB, 2784x462px) Image search: [Google]
EDH.png
1MB, 2784x462px
>>49197352
>>
>>49202780
yeah your group sounds like assholes

if you want to make them mad, run derevi stax or something (if you have the money to spare to make another deck)

if you don't want to do that or don't have the money, then tell them they're playing like assholes and/or find a different group
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>49197443
>>49197374
>got a guy who plays voltron with all 5 swords
>play this out as early as possible each game
>force him to unequip all equipments

funny shit
>>
>>49202780
>they took the bait on Tempt with Discovery
Not only are they assholes, they're stupid assholes
>>
>>49202894
>have guy who only plays big green creatures deck
>glacial chasm
>his whole deck is now countered
>>
>>49202894
>>49202917
If this is your only answer to their decks, I hope they don't start playing Strip Mine.
>>
>>49202950
that's the best part of it. they never learn.
>>
>>49202977
>beating up retarded people
>>
>>49202894
I assume he's also running some hexproof sources. oops, there goes your target.
>>
>>49201638
Top-notch suggestion, next time I'm at my LGS, if one's laying around it'll compete against goblin tunneler for a cardslot.

>>49202038
Much appreciated, but I already feel like stealing is taking a dangerous chunk away from my evasion which is guaranteed goad, which is solely how my deck stays alive, considering how much hate it pulls. Notedly, if we had a burn player, I'd be hella dead, regardless.

>>49202124
>>49202159
I never get much good use out of his steal effect; typically it takes turning all my cardboard sideways just to goad away every possible issue on board. And after turn 4 or 6, rest assured, every possible issue on board is an issue of mine.
>>
Give me some advice on my Zedruu deck /edh/. Is it shit? Anything I should add to it? Take out?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-09-16-CTk-zedruu-edh/
>>
>>49203533
I don't play her, but it seems like you have an undue number of ways to donate to how many decent donate targets you have.. Outside of Bazaar trader, you're not getting riud of a card for below 3, and past your 5 (by my count?) good cards to donate, is it really a good investment to drop 3 mana to send over a token for 1 card and 1 life, assuming Player B doesn't just chump it over to player C?

Run Paradox haze. most blue decks need to, and you have a pretty heavy call for it. Wild research is a pretty good tutor for you, especially because enchantments are your best targets for donation. Illusions of Grandeur, Grid Monitor, Rust Elemental, Bronze bombshell, Delusions of Mediocrity, and Solitary confinement are all good cards to Donate.

Like I said, I don't run her, but just on principal, it seems like it's too much donation and not enough to Donate, especially whenever you can send over all you want using only your commander.
>>
Krenko gobbos with a side of Stax. Y/N?
>>
>>49204006
usually a krenko deck has no room for anything that doesn't revolve around "kill everyone by turn 5"
>>
>>49204006
With Krenko you win fast or don't win at all. Stax slots should be used to pump tokens asap.
>>
>>49204006
Wouldn't be fast enough, try slobad stax
>>
I'm looking for a deck that goes F A S T

Like blistering fast. Only problem is it can't involve red. I have so much red already.
>>
File: huh.jpg (29KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
29KB, 360x480px
>>49204231
>I'm looking for a deck that goes F A S T
>Like blistering fast.
>Only problem is it can't involve red.
>can't involve red
>>
>>49204231
>Want fast deck
>No red
Red = fast
>>
>>49202667
if you wanna play it, keep it
if you want money, get rid of it asap
>>
>>49204231
edric?
>>
Any suggestions on how to make a jenara deck? I bought her on impulse.
>>
>>49204231
Ad Nauseam/Doomsday Zur
Ad Nauseam Sidisi Undead Vizier
Food Chain Prossh
Food Chain Tazri
Food Chain Sidisi Brood Tyrant
5C Hermit Druid
>>
File: marath.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
marath.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
This is probably gonna sound dumb but if I play Marath from my graveyard using Horde of Notion's ability, will it come into play with five +1/+1 counters?
>>
>>49204446
You will cast Marath without paying its mana cost, so Marath will come into play with 0 +1/+1 counters.
>>
>>49204446
afaik the difference is hardcasting a creature spell and using a creature ability to play a creature spell. it's also why you can't counterspell an elvish piper putting down a creature, there is no spell being cast at that point. creature spells are just spells that create a creature when they resolve.
>>
>>49198096
You could also try Brion
>>
>>49197554
She fits right at home in superfriends.
Doubling Season into -7 means you start melting everybody down.
>>
>>49204293
Almost every single one of my decks has contained red. I want to branch out
>>49204299
He looks neat
>>
>>49204467
>>49204513
Bummer. Thanks
>>
How slow is Muzzio?
>>
File: 182.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
182.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
Any good sekrit tech for Ghostdad 2.0? Brother asked me, I can't think of anything that actually synergizes with him super well.
>>
>>49204299
Is he really Tier 1? Evasive 1-drops are cool but how hard does he fold to a board wipe?
>>
File: 636084297483480231.png (119KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
636084297483480231.png
119KB, 200x279px
>>49194800

I guess pic related is a decent Control Commander?

The cascade-like effect is probably very strong when playing counterspells and drawing effects during the opponent's turn, but what could you be doing on your own turns, ramping via spells to cast big game winning creatures and spells? Other than that UG has relatively little good removal compared to W or B.
>>
>>49204779
well typically you should also have a fuckton of counterspells
>>
>>49204864
Cast a spell. Who cares what it is? It's either gonna auto-cantrip of give you another spell for free. Get a Top & Scroll Rack and you're set.
>>
>>49202595
Removal spells, kalemne is shit
>>
>>49204913
That's what I was afraid of. I'm not Spiky enough to completely pack my deck with counters
>>
what is a good commander for beast tribal? what other cards would you put in it? the naya 2013 precon made me want to build something similar
>>
If i want to build a Kami of the Crescent Moon deck, what does that make me?
>>
>>49205213
Someone who likes blue and card draw
>>
File: elf.png (270KB, 398x285px) Image search: [Google]
elf.png
270KB, 398x285px
your favorite utility combos
>>
Hey guys. Don't have a real deck yet, only tried the format in cockatrice a while ago. My group insist on playing french 1v1 commander only and I have mostly played 4+ multi. All I know there are a few Augustin decks and a Jenara.

Commanders I have atm are Sharuum, Thraximundar, Intet the Dreamer and Sidisi Brood Tyrant, though I can look for others.

I'm testing a Mizzix deck with an intent of buying a box, but it doesn't seem to work. When I get the goblin on the table with a few exp counters, the other side has eldrazi in play or just messes with my lands. My old Sharuum list was mostly good due to stuff like Mana Vault etc., which are a no-go right now.

The games end so quickly it's not fun (and I've played my share of cheap combo decks). Am I stuck with Rafiq, Jenara, Animar, etc?
>>
>>49205360
>My group insist on playing french 1v1 commander only
Your group sucks find a new one
>>
>>49205360
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=EDH
>>
Because it's fresh on my mind: Does your playgroup have any house rules? If so, what are they?
I only had one very minor house rule in my LGS meta when Scar of Mirrodin released: it would take 15 poison counters to kill someone instead of 10.
The rule stuck around for a year then people just kind of didn't care about it and it was settled on 10 again. The one who suggested it in the first place moved out of state beforehand
>>
>>49197554
Her second +1 makes the Tezzeret/Chain Veil combo a lot easier to pull off, since you can use just her RR + Sol Ring for each activation instead of needing a Chalice with 4 counters on it. She'll be going into Narset Superfriends for sure.
>>
>>49197769
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-clash-darien-sydri-kalemne-and-starke

The stake list is a pretty cheap and comfy chaos deck if you want to get people to rage quit on MTGO
>>
File: wastes.png (167KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
wastes.png
167KB, 265x370px
To what ends do you spruce up your basic landbase /tg/? Matching art basics? Foil Basics? Full-art basics?
>>
>>49204231
Isamaru Voltron
>>
>>49206077
My deck has matching full arts, I plan to foil it eventually but it can wait
>>
>>49204231

If you have a few thousand dollars to burn, and a need to play every game literally the same, Doomsday Zur is probably your guy.
>>
File: worrybaby-e1443666679344.jpg (34KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
worrybaby-e1443666679344.jpg
34KB, 354x500px
>group has finally started to catch on to the ridiculous bullshit that artifacts are capable of
Welp time to start packing them Sprees and Vandalblasts
>>
File: enchantmentremoval.jpg (101KB, 669x310px) Image search: [Google]
enchantmentremoval.jpg
101KB, 669x310px
>>49205252
>>
>>49206227
>not using Enchanted Evening, Aura Thief and any sac outlet
>>
>>49205681
Those things don't just lie on the ground, especially ones as large and old, and when your city isn't too big. They play a lot of limited, standard, modern and legacy, so I'm in luck they play edh at all.

>>49205709
I'm not too familiar with the site, but I assume it deals primarily with duel rankings? I can see that Keranos is favored in Izzet colors, but apart from not dying to a doomblade, can't understand why. The toolbox in the deck is quite nice, but the only wincon I see is an opponent dying from a stroke when stasis and winter orb hit the board.
>>
>>49206242
That's also fun, but it's easy for my deck to tutor out Aura of Silence than it is for creatures.

I just love Enchanted Evening all around though.
>>
>>49206077
Non-matching with the artwork I like best, foils are welcome
>>
File: calling all landfall.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
calling all landfall.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
>>49194800
anybody here
>angry omnath
>karametra
>hazezon
>azusa

merry christmas
>>
>>49206277
They're Stax decks. You lock up the board with Stasis, Jokulhaups, etc. and grind your opponents out over time with Keranos Lightning Bolting them to death.
>>
>>49196942
>>49197066
u/r, untap target artifact, when that artifact next becomes tapped, sacrifice it. Use this ability only on artifacts that have not been targeted by this ability this turn.
>>
>>49206364
>>49206277
Also, Duel Commander rules say you start at 30 life, which makes it easier to play a grindy deck.
>>
>>49206339
Seems like it might be good in Gitrog, worst thing that happens with that +1 is that you draw a card
>>
>>49204703
Some cards I used with him that synergize well:
Rout, Vedalken Orrery, Oblivion Stone, Perilous Vault, Nevinyrral's Disk, Fated Retribution, Spirit Bonds, Angelic Chorus, Grand Abolisher, Well of Lost Dreams, True Conviction, Ronin Club (because 7 power is important as a 3-turn clock)
Basically just wipe the board on your opponents' turns and try to get that 21 commander damage. The rest of the deck is basic WB control.
>>
>>49204703

Took that deck apart for want of synergy.
>>
>>49196054
It's etherium.
It's esper stuff
>>
File: 20160906_145726.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_145726.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>49206077
Pretty pimp, but it's been hard to find more Islands, I only have 6 right now.
>>
File: Gay decks for babies.jpg (359KB, 1683x748px) Image search: [Google]
Gay decks for babies.jpg
359KB, 1683x748px
>>49197352
What next /tg/?
>>
>>49207014
Rhys tokens
Reason being I'm building Lazav and already have Karlov, Omnath and Rhys, the Redeemed.
>>
>>49206077
Usually I try to foil out my basics, but I've got a mix of foils and full arts in my older deck and a bunch of DTK basics from a fat pack in my newer one
>>
File: 60.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>49206880
As an afternote, I've been wanting to run more GY hate in my Melek deck. Right now I have Relic but I'm thinking about pic related, it's instant speed so it's not telegraphed like Relic or Crypt, cantrips and can be cast off the topdeck with Melek and off Epic Experiment.
>>
>>49200502
zada belongs on that list.
>>
>>49207162
Now NEITHER of us will be virgins!

I do have a Rhys...
>>
>>49198250
>Suicidal Feldon
I bet he is.
>>
File: 1431378880271.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1431378880271.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>49194800
>that feel when I have already taken the sol ring, ashnod's altar, nim death mantel, elesh norn, demonic tutor, undead sidisi, top and various board wipes from my ayli and it will never be competitive again
Soon, the tree of perdition will be gone, then the victimize, and by then I might as well dismantle it entirely.
>>
>>49207614
you're right! forgot that one. i kinda feel like making a yuge spellslinger general comparison chart to see all the pros and cons of each
>>
Can any anons help me find the art described in >>49207653 ?
>>
>>49207924
the page of swords
>>
>>49202667
Conspiracy2 is going to print to demand. Prices of every card is going to go steadily down.
>>
File: DEX.png (2MB, 1479x1208px) Image search: [Google]
DEX.png
2MB, 1479x1208px
>>49197352
List for Ulamog?
>>
File: Fuck you I draw what I want.png (247KB, 444x311px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you I draw what I want.png
247KB, 444x311px
>>49205252
>>
>>49207374
>shuffling things back into a deck as graveyard hate
No, don't do that, particularly if they're running tutors. I would LOVE it if someone shuffled my graveyard into my library with my meren deck, because I would get some seriously powerful card draw back by the time it would be worth your while to hit me with it.
>>
File: Image (53).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (53).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49208089
it's limited use jank but I can't bring myself to cut it

the bonus effect of force-shuffling their library is icing
>>
>>49206339
angry omnath here, don't think I'll be able to find a slot for her.
>>
>>49200649
I just built Shirei. Other than that, only mono black card I want to build around is Voltron Korlash.
>>
>>49207893
Why are you doing this?
>>
Another infinite piece for ghave players.
>>
Went on a brewing spree and made these lists the other day. Tell me any criticisms and how I can improve these at all.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-16-kruphix-edh/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-16-marchesa-edh/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-16-jarad-edh/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-16-animar-edh/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-09-16-nekusar-edh/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-09-16-ruhan-edh/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-09-16-CTk-zedruu-edh/
>>
File: 1355438845719.jpg (97KB, 424x620px) Image search: [Google]
1355438845719.jpg
97KB, 424x620px
>Look up some decks on Tappedout to see how people are building something
>All these ridiculously high mana curves with little to no ramp or card draw

Jesus, people are bad at deck building. I mean, I'm not great, but I at least try to get my mana curve between 3-4.
>>
>>49208058
Enjoy paying 8 life.
>>
>>49208589
mana curves between 3 and 4 are boring
>>
>>49208607
Nope. You're not drawing the cards so Sylvan Library gives no shit. The combo basically nets you 3 cards each turn for no downside. And Abudance lets you choose what you get, it's really dumb
>>
>>49208631
Not being capable of doing shit all game is more boring.
>>
File: pimp-c_fur.jpg (109KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
pimp-c_fur.jpg
109KB, 460x460px
>>49208589
>tfw getting the curve just under 3
>>
File: Magic threads on tg.jpg (35KB, 308x400px) Image search: [Google]
Magic threads on tg.jpg
35KB, 308x400px
>>49208607
>>
File: commanders.png (2MB, 1828x979px) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
2MB, 1828x979px
>>49197352
To quote myself from a different thread, this is how my artifact deck works:
"Sac sad robot, and two wurmcoil engines to forgemaster to search for closet, make three copies of it with my three mirrorworks, draw, return the robot to my hand with a myr retriever I sac to Arcum Dagson searching for a shimmer myr, cast it, make three copies, search for three lands, sac it to trading post to get back wurmcoil, use master transmuter to return a artifact land to my hand to play the engine, making three copies, play the land and make three copies, end of turn use the closets to bounce sharuum, faeri machinist, filigree angel and duplicant, copying that latter three, drawing 4 cards, exiling 4 creatures and gaining 236 life.

Then during your turn I untap everything with unwinding clock and do it all over again."
>>
>>49208589
>ridiculously high mana curves with little to no ramp or card draw
Sounds like my group. They regularly end up in topdeck mode and I usually provide the draw by way of Wheels. Also they rarely use mana rocks
>>
>>49208809
Not him, but the interaction between the two can be a little confusing.

To clarify, Sylan is an optional draw effect that is affected by two replacement effects.
Sylvan gives you the card draw which is affected by its own ability, but then Abundance's ability kicks in. Technically you could choose to ignore Abundance's effect, but what you do is take the two cards of Sylvan which can be immediately replaced by Abundance's effect. Since you don't actually draw the cards with Abundance, Sylvan shuts off and you just choose land or nonland to put into your hand and pay nothing.
>>
Do y'all think swapping out Kemba, Kha Regent, Cataclysm, and Stranglehold for Solemn Simulacrum, Wurmcoil Engine, and Goblin Welder is a good idea for a R/W voltron deck?

Spoilering my decklist to avoid triggering a certain anon: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kalemne-sitter-of-faces/
>>
File: 1456522032365.jpg (67KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1456522032365.jpg
67KB, 500x334px
>>49208589
>mfw I'm playing with an elf deck that curves at 3 but can ramp up to 20 on turn 4.
>>
>>49209030
still triggered, still mad, rw sucks and so do you
>>
File: Dolan.png (63KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
Dolan.png
63KB, 500x498px
>>49209095
anon, pls
>>
I have a (hopefully straightforward) scenario/question:

>Feldon reanimates Scourge of the Throne
>attacks the guy with the highest life total
>untaps every attacker
>sac Scourge at end of combat, Feldon untaps from Thornbite Staff, reanimate Scourge again before second combat phase

Is the second Scourge of the Throne token considered a "new" Scourge, and could its attacking lead to a third combat phase if I'm attacking the player with the most life?
>>
>>49206339
i hope this doesn't ruin standard in combination with oath of gideon , because i want to pick one up for my 5 colour walkers deck and price is key
>>
>>49209492
Yes, that's correct. Each token Feldon creates is considered a new creature, so the addition combat trigger activates.
>>
>>49209764
This is going to be a fun deck
>>
File: 1336267533760.jpg (36KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1336267533760.jpg
36KB, 768x576px
>Caverns of Despair, Total War, and Smoke all out at once

This is the most evil thing I have ever done
>>
>>49209492

yes and if you have some way to pay life (so youre not on the throne) you could keep doing this infinitely
>>
File: Image (54).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (54).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49210029
i'm sure he's got that part worked out
>>
>>49210073

exactly the card i had in mind
>>
>>49202894
You better pray he doesnt find out about that WW knight from mirrodin that makes equips free
>>
>>49209030
Yes on all counts. Kemba needs a turn cycle and mana investment to give you value, Cataclysm is strong but shines better in decks that can protect what you have (Stax/Hatebear effects, counters, etc) and Stranglehold, while good, I feel shines better if you have more reliable ways of tutoring for it and doesn't really constitute to your voltron strad.
>>
>>49206339
This looks like it could put in work in Azusa. Every landfall giving you card advantage is the dream.
>>
Why is Wizards so reticent to giving red actual card draw?
>>
>mfw my group doesn't seem to understand that Equip abilities can be responded to
I'm getting away with murder here
>>
File: Wildfire[1].jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Wildfire[1].jpg
36KB, 223x310px
What do you guys think about MLD?

Is it common for everyone to hate you over it, even if it stops the biggest threat?
>>
>>49210761
it's a viable strat and sometimes the only way to respond to shitters who take the Tempt with Discovery bait
>>
>>49208281
I wasn't happy with its performance. Sometimes it won with an infinite combo, other times it won with sheer value, but in general Brago, Memnarch and Meren could use the parts. It's not a bad deck, but the others, particularly Brago, are far stronger.
>>
>>49210761
It's going to draw hate just like any other strategy based around depriving your opponents of resources.
>>
>>49210761
I wouldn't even call Wildfire MLD. Nasty as hell, but ramp players still have a pretty good handle on things after one.

That said, it's pretty rude, but definitely a tactic worth using. I'm just glad no one makes it necessary here.
>>
>>49210761
The thing is it stops everyone, and usually the guy that ramps up is in the best position to recover because he has lots of ramp in his deck to begin with. So one of two things happen with MLD:
1. you cast it because it's going to help win you the game, you will have best position when the dust settles.
2. You are shit at the game or cast it "for teh lulz". You don't win off it, someone else does that the rest of the table can't react to because you took away their ability to. Either that or the game durdles around for an extra hour while people rebuild.

The first usually doesn't feel good to lose against because it's rarely " clean" most people don't wipe lands and win in the next turn, instead they have a smaller advantage ( a few 5/5s or so) and they hope that no one will will be able to disrupt them in the 5 turns or so it will take them to clean up the board. If they can't it's right back to situation 2 with a player dead that has to wait an extra hour or two while the game ramps back up.

In short, people don't like it for the same reason shaharazad was banned. I assume if people only used MLD for clean wins people wouldn't care.
>>
>>49210761
It's ass and purely for bad feels. Either you cast it quickly and instantly win, turn the game into a massive durdle fest, or barely impact anything. As a wincon it's fine as long as you win quickly.
>>
>>49210747
You... You're kidding me right?

My Rafiq deck would be hilarious there. And it's not even all that well optimised.
>>
>>49210747
>letting your group stay in the dark about game rules just so that you can net some wins
Have your couple laughs but then educate them. It will make them better and the game and stronger opponents, which in turn will make you better at it.
>>
>>49208032
I don't have a list for ulamog yet only have about half my decks on tapped out. But the general theme of the deck is eldrazi tribal, and artifact ramp. Its a very casual build that can win every now and then. What sucks is i get targeted a lot which is understandable, but still annoying.
>>
>>49206077
I hate having matching arts in my deck so basics are a mix of Full-Arts and Foil Islands
I swear to fucking god I only pull Foil Islands
>>
>>49211353
They know, I've told them it's sorcery speed and uses the stack, but they never fucking do anything about it. Even the guy with the Xiahou Dun deck that is DEDICATED to just killing everything he doesn't control never responds.

>>49211239
Voltron in general is hilarious in my group. I had to retire mine because it rolled so hard
>>
>>49211075
Well it ended up being both 1 and 2.

except that one guy scooped since it wiped him out, and i drew hate from the other guy while the main threat continued to build.

Although I wouldn't have had to cast it if the guy who scooped didn't counter my Devastation Tide.
>>
File: 1358717693334.jpg (142KB, 775x732px) Image search: [Google]
1358717693334.jpg
142KB, 775x732px
>>49209492
>Feldon Dragons
Yes. The funnest fucking shit

>Feldon suited up with Illusionist's Bracers and Greaves
>Reanimate Utvara Hellkite and Dragon Tyrant with Balefire out on the field
>swing with all 3
>copy Utvara's ability with Strionic Resonator
>now have 6 6/6 Dragon tokens as blockers
>nuke some guy's board with Balefire

Fragile jank-ass combos are the best
>>
>>49208301
Is there anything Ghave DOESN'T go infinite with?
>>
>>49211635

Your mother
>>
>>49211691
but anon, my mother is Ashnod's Altar
>>
>>49211850
New bread
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.