[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you portray your nature deities and Gaia analogues?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 26

File: image.jpg (554KB, 500x1962px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
554KB, 500x1962px
How do you portray your nature deities and Gaia analogues?
>>
>>49180809
Sexually
>>
>>49180809
>leftist faggotry
Not like that.
>>
>>49180834
>leftists
>acknowledging that the earth will survive anything humans do and life will find a way
No they think that we'll be living in water world in the next 4 years.
>>
>>49180809
It's a big fucking rock with things on it.
>>
>>49180809
Big lady made of a collection of stuff. Like stone bones, dirt flesh, water hair, etc...
>>
>>49180809
>Implying humans can't go on to terraform other planets, by the very definition of the word making other planets like Earth and it's nature, and of course in the long run when scientifically capable, preserving Earth itself
>Implying humans aren't Mother Nature's greatest creation yet, capable of remaking the universe in her image

Unless or until we meet aliens, Earth wins the planets game, because she's basically cheating and using a next-level strategy other planets can't fight back against.
>>
The will of the planet that wipes out civilization every time they learn how to leave the planet. It's not like there's any communication or the PCs will ever really know the details, but it's basically just a clingy mother thing
>>49181021
>Implying humans can't go on to terraform other planets
Well we can't, so there's that. Not saying it's impossible, but it's really not an option for us any time soon
>>
File: 1302843970313.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1302843970313.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>49180809

Sneaky jerks.
>>
>>49180809
Oh, that's cute, Gaia. You think we're just hurting ourselves. Well fuck you, bitch, we're an extinction event on the same scale as asteroid impacts. Sure, life will survive no matter what, but it will be forever scarred by our legacy. Remember the Carolina parakeet? Those cute little songbirds you were so proud of evolving? Yeah, we drove them extinct so we could make hats.
>>
>>49180809
They are kind unless roused. Then you will watch what it means to have an incorrigible enemy that can only be slowed, never truly stopped. It would be a mercy if you died before their plan to crush you and everything you care about was executed- and if you escape this way, they also win- all that you are is now in their hands as well, or in the hands of one of their allies or contacts.
Your only hope is to bring yourself into favor with one of their rivals and hope your punishment is not used as a bargaining token in divine politics.
In short, don't piss off one of the Thirteen Primordials. It's really, really hard, on the level of a legendary screw-up, but there will be no escape.
>>
>>49181194
Can't we destroy the Earth completely multiple times with the current nuclear stockade?
>New setting plot hook: Seeing the current world order is unsustainable and humanity will die out soon, the Order of Scorched Earth seeks to eliminate Earth entirely via nuclear detonation as humankind's final gesture to the universe, and to spare the world a slow death.
>"We will be the first and final Earthlings."
It's the sort of spiteful reason that can only be found on a dying world.
>>
>>49181249
The surface of earth, not the earth itself.
>>
File: KarsExposed.png (1MB, 1276x718px) Image search: [Google]
KarsExposed.png
1MB, 1276x718px
>>49180809
Fabulous
>>
File: Aztec gods of fitness.jpg (215KB, 825x886px) Image search: [Google]
Aztec gods of fitness.jpg
215KB, 825x886px
>>49181277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
>>
File: amazing-two-hander.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
amazing-two-hander.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>49180809
>>
>>49180809
>Upload our consciousness into servers stashed away in corridors buried beneath kilometres of concrete
>Nuke earth into becoming a Venus-like planet

Who has the last laugh now, bitch?
>>
>>49180809
Beautiful but deadly.
>>
>>49180809

Before the beginning, there was Moloch.
After the end, Moloch remains.
Moloch saw the first be born. Moloch will see the last die out.
In the unsatiable belly of Moloch, all value is broken according to His design.
For uncountable eons, Moloch was content to meditate on the movement of His flames.
For all fire serves Moloch even to this day.

But in His boredom, Moloch separated the flames.
And instead of one fire, there were many.
And for uncountable eons, Moloch was again content:
He meditated on the long dance of the stars.

Again Moloch grew bored. Again, Moloch destroyed.
Moloch broke stars apart. Others, He threw together.
And in the cold between the living stars, the dead stars froze.
And Moloch saw their new dances, cold around warm, and He was pleased.
For they danced still to his design.

And on the cold stars, Moloch saw new patterns.
And from the patterhs, Moloch made Azathoth.
Azathoth, the blind idiot god.
Azathoth, whose every unwitting action furthers His design.
Azathoth, who moves and kills and destroys ever faster.
Azathoth, to whom Moloch gave Lordship over all that lives.
>>
>>49181194
And with how far along we are on the Sun's life, there probably won't even be enough time for another sentient species to rise up and make another civilization, go us!

>>49181266
Plus, nukes are way overestimated.
>>
>>49181196
Or become the 14th Primordial.
>>
>>49182202
Here is the latest transmission from our grandfather: "oh god, oh god, oh my god, oh god, oh god, oh my god oh god."
>>
>>49182202
why go with AI scenerio,just fuck off to mars and glass the whole earth then.
We're still alive,you're dead.
>>
Someone post that alpha centari pic about the planet trying to kill them so he doubles down on terraformers instead of hippy ending
>>
>>49180809
Overmind like SMAC or that movie no one likes. Season with supernatural shit to taste.
>>
>>49181249
The impact that killed the dinosaurs was equivalent of every nuke on the planet placed in one spot and detonated a thousand times in a row. Life survived with relatively little losses (sure, big impressive animals like most dinosaurs died out, but the majority of species of animals survived). Theoretically you could cover the entire surface of the planet with saturated radioactive cobalt salt bombing, which would render it uninhabitable for most lifeforms, but even that wouldn't kill off all life.

Ultimately, we don't have practical ways of either saving or destroying the world. We can only choose to save or destroy ourselves.
>>
>>49182935
Death of the dinosaurs wasn't even the deadliest extinction. There's ones that killed like 90% of life on the planet. Also, by some estimated, at one point humanity was reduced to mere few thousand individuals.
>>
File: Untitled.png (186KB, 500x554px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
186KB, 500x554px
>>49180809
>>
>>49182480
Isn't Moloch supposed to be the spirit of the free market?
You know, pretty much the soul of humanity.
>>
>>49180809
Quite ambivalent and uncaring...
Mostly tree gods, if you don't do anything to piss them off, you can freely rest in their shade.
>>
>>49182202
>everyone dies
>ai simulations of dead people experience a minor glitch and delete themselves
>nature masturbates furiously
>>
In most settings she'd be a kind young woman with various nature themed things added to her like green hair, flowers adorning her all over, stuff like that. Generally helpful if met.

Anything past the Industrial age is a progressively more withered and spiteful crone.
>>
>>49182992
>Implying post-humanicide nuclear winter forests of Terra won't be neat as fuck (for the things living there)
>>
>>49182978
The Permian-Triassic mass extinction, yes. aka. the time when almost all life died, for reasons still somewhat unclear. Even insects almost died off, and that's not something that normally happens even during mass extinctions.

There's also the time when early plants and algae started producing oxygen to the point where significant percentage of Earth's atmosphere was composed of oxygen. Which, mind you, was a highly poisonous gas for practically all forms of life that existed back then.
>>
>>49180809
Like God. She loves every living thing in the entire world, and has a form for each one. All living things are her children, and she accepts that them killing each other is part of the natural order. But she hates Outsiders.
>>
>>49183151
I don't think we're even going to fuck ourselves over. We're going to fuck over the third world, but people in countries that are developed enough to have 4chan will probably be able to survive for a good, long time.

Except Denmark.

I'm really sorry Denmark.
>>
File: 56d.jpg (46KB, 1674x854px) Image search: [Google]
56d.jpg
46KB, 1674x854px
>>49180865
Fuck this ball of dirt that's eventually going to get swallowed by the sun.
I'm voting to break the thing before that and harvest its metal core.
>>
>>49182559
Sapience (you mean sapience, not sentience) is an aberration, a stain on the universe that will soon end itself.

This is as Nature intends.
>>
>>49183184
A good, long thousand years is still nothing compared to the life of our planet, which is still nothing compared to the life of our sun, which is still nothing compared the the life of our galaxy, which is......
>>
I like animist ones. It's more in line with the eclectic, often chaotic way that nature works. It's not one monolothic thing, but an infinity of entities that are often in conflict. Some animal spirits might be okay with you, but an east wind spirit could still roll up and wreck your shit for no reason.

>humans are self-centered
Yeah, because we all know how good deer are at maintaining stable populations, keeping perspective, and limiting their ecological impact.
>>
>>49185146
>Yeah, because we all know how good deer are at maintaining stable populations, keeping perspective, and limiting their ecological impact.

You know very well that in the wild predators, diseases and such would react to rising deer population and drive the population eventually down followed by population decrease in predator numbers.

Humans are selfcentered because we fucking (or at least attempt) erase everything that would fuck with our lives. And only reason things like hunger or certain diseases have not been wiped out is because there is no money in saving the 3rd world countries.
>>
File: kicking god in the face.jpg (118KB, 450x648px) Image search: [Google]
kicking god in the face.jpg
118KB, 450x648px
>>49182992
That you don't get the point of the comic triggers me.

No, wait, it's just gun/nuke wankery. Like folks who think you can kill eldritch abominations and such with a barrage of missiles.
>>
>>49180809
>Body like a sex goddess
>Act like she was five and hyperactive.
>>
Protip, nature has mushrooms that literally eat radiation. You cant fuck it with nukes, it will only get food from it.
>>
>>49180809
>>you're fucking yourself over big time
But we aren't.
>>
>>49185294
>Humans are selfcentered because we fucking (or at least attempt) erase everything that would fuck with our lives.

Other animals try, they just aren't as good at it
>>
>>49180809
>nature deities
Depends on whether the predominant culture views themselves as part of or apart from the natural order. Usually I opt for the former and a specific god for nature (as opposed to what exactly) doesn't really make much sense in that context.

>Gaia analogues
Deities of land, sky, the waters beneath the world, or whatever still make some sense. These are usually primordial, alien, distant, dead, or some combination. Ymir's skull being the sky, his brains the clouds, and so on. Or the ur-god of time chained to a rock until the day he escapes and eats all his children. Shit like that.

If they're active gods I might roll other elements into their portfolio while narrowing the element they apply to. A seafaring town might make one wind a god of war and another a god of trade, for instance.
>>
>>49183290
Which is still quite a few generations compared to any human perspective.

'Course we aren't getting a thousand years without any impact at all. There's a broad range of possibility between "as we are" and "extinct." The little ice age didn't end us, but I think I'd rather not have to deal with all the shit it caused.
>>
>>49185837
better watch out or they'll make another smug comic about how stupid and shortsighted all humans are
>>
File: the fire rises.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
the fire rises.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>49180809
>nature deities

Their opinions on humanity change depending on which aspect of nature they represent.

Old Man Mountain, for instance, cares a lot less than The Lady of the Forest if trees get cut down, for even if every lifeform were to die, the stones would remain. On the other hand, he does care about mining, because getting dynamite shoved up your butt hurts, but Mother Sea doesn't care about that. Now she hates it when you pollute the water, but He Who Is Fire loves it whenever things burn - which is why he loves humans the most out of any species, more than any other god does. They're the only ones who have ever shown him any care, kindness or respect, rather than fleeing in fear - and yet, they also respect his destructive power and maintain a healthy wariness of his gifts.
>>
>>49185747
>You cant fuck it with nukes, it will only get food from it.
I love when people say shit like this.
>You can't kill a cockroach with nukes!
You can most definitely kill radiothropic fungi with nuclear weapons, you just couldn't let the fallout do it.
>>
>>49180809
>How do you portray your nature deities and Gaia analogues?
I'm torn between one of two representations:

>Version 1
there are two nature dieties, one merciful one callous, locked in eternal battle with each other.

>Version 2
There is no Gaia analogue, that nature is an unpredictable and unstoppable force that not even the GODS THEMSELVES can fully control.
>>
>>49186422
>You can't kill a cockroach with nukes!
with enough lethal radiation even a cockroach will die. just because it can take more of it than us doesn't mean it's impervious to it.

Nukes are some seriously scary shit when you stop to think about it. and understandably, few people do, probably because they want to be able to sleep at night.
>>
>>49180865
>Thinking humans will actually go extinct from global warming
>>
>>49181361
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!
>>
>>49186636
>Thinking humans will actually go extinct from global warming
No, we won't go extinct. But is that really what it's going to take to want to fix things? imminent extinction? Seesh, and here I thought not screwing everything up and seeing all these species and natural wonders disappear is reason enough.

Yeah I'm still pissy that I'll never get to see a Live Tasmanian Tiger.
>>
>>49186727
We won't go extinct, but if some of these regions with millions of people get flooded, we won't be civilized for a while.
>>
File: don't fear the reaper.gif (355KB, 499x211px) Image search: [Google]
don't fear the reaper.gif
355KB, 499x211px
>>49186727
The people who care about those things aren't the ones with the power to save them.

And nobody can save the world from entropy. There is no hope.
>>
>>49186790
>we won't be civilized for a while.
I didn't say it wasn't going to suck, because it WILL suck, just not extinction-level suck.
>>
>>49186790
>>49186829
At that point, why even bother not going extinct? Clock's ticking. Sun goes out any minute now, and that's if the next big meteorite doesn't hit soon.
>>
>>49186826
>>49187017
this is also the answer to nature deities.
>>49180809

http://multivax.com/last_question.html
>>
>>49185889
Elephants drive desertifiction. That's what you get when you're a living bulldozer.
>>
>>49186422
The mushrooms literally feed on radiation and are active in chernobyl
>>
>>49182591
Actually, as the original guy who posted that, mortals in the setting can ascend to godhood but will always be weaker than Primordials.
The fourteenth Primordial would have to be a child of two others. Currently, the closest bid would be the goddess of nature and god of war, who have an antagonistic relationship with enough sexual tension that any out-and-out fight would almost certainly turn into hatesex.
>>
>>49180809
Healthy, of course
>>
>>49186367
I like this.
>>
File: Wendy_disgusted.png (50KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
Wendy_disgusted.png
50KB, 285x285px
>>49180809
>humon
>>
>>49188524
humons art is great
>>
Clathrate's gun for you drooling subhumans.
>>
>>49187285
That's doesnt make them inmune to radiation. A plant feeds on water and nutrients, and if you overflow it with any of those it dies.
>>
File: Ultimate Kars.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate Kars.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
>>49181277
>>49181361
Pillarmen truly were the greatest Jojo villains.
>>
>>49189167
>IQ 400
>Still gets defeated like a dumb bitch
>>
Shes a bitch who covered the entire world in jungle resulting in VIETNAM WAR 2 BABY.

Well not really Vietnam War 2 but the U.S. faction have high Vietnam looking aesthetics. Gaia herself is followed by hardcore nature followers with her special honor guard being the "Daughters of Gaia" and the closest thing I could compare them to are basically nature magical girls.
>>
>>49189204
He got blown off the earth by a volcanic explosion that wasn't even planned on by Joseph (though he claimed so in order to piss Kars off). There ain't shit raw intellect can do once you have reached terminal velocity.
>>
>>49189246
escape velocity*
>>
>>49189271
Either of those really.
>>
>>49189204
For the record I'm pretty sure IQ doesn't go to 400 anyway
>>
>>49186826
>And nobody can save the world from entropy. There is no hope.
We don't know that for sure, and still if thermal death is fate of universe it does not rule out possibility that a new universe will create itself "at lover energy level", so cycle can continue, endless.
>>
>>49189246
he could have shot feathers spacewards to propel himself back instead of blowing air like a jabroni
>>
>>49189294
Hypothetically it can, the scale can handle it. But it's a value we would observe only perhaps on some alien lifeform or when trying to compare advanced cognitive artificial intelligence to likeness of human mind.
>>
>>49189316
Neither feathers, nor air have enough mass to really affect an object that has escaped Earth's gravitational pull in any meaningful way.
He should have chucked off bigger parts of himself, and even then, it might not have helped.

Once you reach escape velocity, you need some serious thrust to get back to an orbit that brings you back to the planet.
>>
>>49189402
Actually, after escape occurs you need an incredibly small amount of thrust to change or break orbit.
Its kind of the principle our entire space race was based on.
>>
>>49189471
>Actually, after escape occurs you need an incredibly small amount of thrust to change or break orbit.

For space craft.
For a human sized object that "incredibly small amount of thrust" is still a fuckload of thrust that biological processes can hardly produce in the vacuum of space.
>>
>>49182708
We will all die eventually. I'd like to leave to leave something that would continue my work as I would.
>>
>>49189544
Iust produce energetic hydrocarbon chains to turn your worthless meat into literal explosive rocketfuel.

He can make a squirrel from fucking scratch, why cant he do chemistry?
>>
>>49189660
His ability to morph biology is due to his having genes of all living things in the world after he became the ultimate being.
That doesn't' mean he has the knowledge of how to make fucking rocket fuel out of his flesh.
>>
>>49189719
Man he has 400 iq. Fucking figure it out, genius man. Why didnt you spend like seriously two weeks studying chemistry or some shit once you found out about explosives existing?
>>
>>49189754
He only gained that IQ after becoming the ultimate being, and he was sent flying into space shortly afterwards.
>>
>>49189767
Ah, well.
Still not due diligence on his part to figure this shit out beforehand.
Or use his 400 iq to just figure out chemistry in space.
>>
>>49189794
The pillar mens' utter contempt for modern technology is a running theme. Because they see themselves as the only permanent fixtures in the world, they don't bother paying attention to the stuff humans develop.

Ultimately it isn't even a human weapon that fucks Cars over, it's a volcano and a sarcastic one-liner.
>>
>>49189815
Man pillar men, you could have won everything if you gave even the slughtest bit of a shit
>>
>>49181361
Awaken my masters!
>>
>>49189834
Their arrogance was their downfall.
They continuously underestimated the humans they faced, especially Joseph.
>>
File: 1472836951053.png (571KB, 1120x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472836951053.png
571KB, 1120x1080px
>>49181091
It would be possible to start terraforming Mars now, there's just no reason to actually do it given the costs and the long term nature of the project.

Imagine proposing it to congress.
"Alright guys, so it'll be ten billion dollars a year, every year, for 400 years. After that we'll have an entire planet's worth of Utah to live in."
>Republicans are physically building a gibbet to hang you from on the Senate floor
>Democrats are hyperventilating over fears that the mars colony won't be diverse enough in 400 years
>Greens panicking because someone said nuclear rockets may be involved
>Libertarians asking why you're talking to them instead of Elon Musk, then joining the Republicans in tying the noose when they realize you want the government to pay for it
>>
>>49189943
>resident FBI agents look at each other wondering whether to bring up that the Chinese are already assembling the vessel
>>
>>49190007
>It doesn't work
>The US is expected to pay for it anyways
>>
>>49181091
>Well we can't, so there's that
We can and could for the past x years, but YOU try to get the funding required for something that will see no profits during the lifetime of anyone funding it
>>
>>49191153
>>49190007
>>49189943
So what you guys are saying is i need to create a race of soldier clones to conquer the first world and force them into space expansion for the good of all?
>>
>>49191298
Yes
>>
>>49191298
If there's a reasonable chance the technology of soldier clones creation could be later reused for creation of genetically engineered catgirls for domestic ownership, you have my full support.
>>
File: azathoth_by_offermoord-d6wizqv.jpg (3MB, 2752x2752px) Image search: [Google]
azathoth_by_offermoord-d6wizqv.jpg
3MB, 2752x2752px
>>49180809
Kinda like Azathoth, a blind mindless mass of power. Neither caring nor cruel they simply are and their power constantly fluxes and flows to the beat of the current life on the planet. Order and patterns emerge all the time, heck even some sort of consciousness you might be able to communicate with, see druids, but ultimately the core of it all is uncaring primordial chaos to which all will eventually be re-subsumed.
>>
I portray the nature goddess as a heartless shrew that abuses her children so they become strong. Tremble, galaxy, for earth and her children behold you! And we find you wanting.
>>
>>49181361
Awaken my masters!
>>
File: humanityearth.png (83KB, 1203x706px) Image search: [Google]
humanityearth.png
83KB, 1203x706px
>>49191839
Like this?
>>
File: 1472850357590.jpg (258KB, 726x792px) Image search: [Google]
1472850357590.jpg
258KB, 726x792px
>>49189943
>>Greens panicking because someone said nuclear rockets may be involved

When do these fuck never panick ? If we listened to them, we would need more material than earth can provide to obtain the same result.
>>
>>49182836
This sounds cool, anyone got it?
>>
>>49186367
"We are fire creatures from an ice age" -Stephen Pyne
>>
>>49180809
I've portrayed mine as fae princes.
To shorten the story, when humanity were still cavemen some fae saw them as interesting and favorited them, others didn't. Those who did were rewarded and worshipped as gods as humanity become powerful. The ones that didn't remain alien to humanity and humans to it.

The nature gods do not necessarily hate humans, or even dislike them. But they do not understand humanity and view them a way a autistic person views... anything.

They are alien to you and you are alien to them. You make a fire while camping and they see a contest and burn a forest.

You ask for help and find yourself surrounded by wolves.

Nature can be your best friend, nature will break itself for you as a tree once did for a little boy. But you must prove yourself to nature.
>>
File: tumblr_nt0o1jdH9E1qjdc7yo1_500.png (496KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt0o1jdH9E1qjdc7yo1_500.png
496KB, 500x523px
>>49189167
>Pillar Men
>not Valentine
Animefag detected
>>
My nature deities, when I have them, are always chaotic evil and never terribly powerful. Gaia is an impotent, mindless, amoral force that serves no interests but its own propagation.

I don't like nature terribly much.
>>
File: image.jpg (568KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
568KB, 1600x1200px
>>49191839
>>
File: image.jpg (582KB, 1440x1540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
582KB, 1440x1540px
>>49191839
>>49196218
>>
File: 987649849451.jpg (64KB, 437x458px) Image search: [Google]
987649849451.jpg
64KB, 437x458px
>>49189228

I like this
>>
>>49187285
It's not immune to the blast produced.
>>
>>49180809
I don't have a "nature" god per say, rather I have twin gods of if Life and Death, and the Lord of Order. Their job is essentially ensuring the proper flow of souls and life energy and life continues in the universe in a natural fashion, while the Lord of Order is responsible for ensuring that the laws of reality are functioning as normal.

In the time since the creation of the Existence Engine, when the first fruit of life was used as the initial auger for life to arise from, the Twins have taken an interest in observing and watching the whole system of nature happen on its own with all its twists and turns. As such, due to the nature of their purpose, they are fairly laid-back in terms of nature and allow species to rise and fall and do whatever, especially since they already like to record every new species that occurs and even make their own "memory sanctuaries" for them, which they made with the help of the Divine Agent of Ways and Dreams.
Granted, they'd prefer if the sapients weren't so reckless with the other organisms, but really to them as long as they don't go full salted-earth retarded they don't mind the occasional anthropogenic extinction, especially if it was the result of niche succession, since it would be remiss to deny an organism it's effects on its ecosystem, especially since the Guardian of Will and Agency would get upset about it.

Besides, it just means that once the power vacuum happens, they can see the cool new mutations and species that will arise, or maybe sometimes randomly pick a species to grant new mutations to.
>>
>>49196197
Well at least your honest in your bias.
Though I'm not sure how it could be Chaotic since nature in and of itself is fairly self-regulating, tends to follow a set list of trends (such as population growth and predation dynamics), and things generally even out to zero sum aside from the occasional stochastic event.
>>
>>49185360
>Like folks who think you can kill eldritch abominations and such with a barrage of missiles.
All it took to kill Cthulhu was a steamboat collision.
>>
>>49189299
That's stupid. And even if it did happen it would be well after everything died.
>>
>>49196128
Anime is better than the manga tho.
>>
>>49180809
We'll survive, but it sure as hell isn't gonna be pleasant.
>>
>>49189299
>lover energy level
And they said the power of heart was useless
>>
>>49185360
You can kill anything with anything,it's only the matter of how many of that anything you can get
>>
>>49181021
With current technology it's impossible to terraform any planet right now without a massive amount of time and energy. Like in the neighborhood of decades if not centuries, and hundreds of nukes worth of energy.
>>
>>49187285
IT'S SURE AS FUCK DOESNT FEED ON EXPLOSIONS
>>
>>49189943
>It would be possible to start terraforming Mars now
Anon, plastering its surfarce with dollar bills won't actually make it a green planet.
>>
File: from dark skies.gif (1MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
from dark skies.gif
1MB, 450x450px
>>49199157
Gonna need some confirmation of that. Someone said it stunned him, someone else said it passed through him. I haven't read that story and I'm not a fan of reading Lovecraft to find out.

Killing him is the most extreme version I've read yet.
>>
>>49181361
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!
>>
>>49189294
The tests really aren't designed to handle anything over 130.

And take it with a grain of salt. I scored 115 as a kid and I still do as much stupid shit as the next guy. I just rationalize it better.
>>
>>49181361
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!
>>
>>49202235
In the story you don't know what chases them out of the ruins, just that it's a tentacled abomination that reforms after being plowed through by a ship. He certainly doesn't die, because people still dream of him after the incident.
>>
>>49202334
So did it sink beneath the waves after being hit or something?

Might explain why that guy thought it was killed.
>>
>>49186826

The universe began, once. And anything that happens once can happen again.
>>
>>49202387
It turned to green mist, then reformed. The the narrator passed out, if I recall correctly. Apparently Cthulhu went back to sleep after chasing the sailors off, though.
>>
File: Fighter vs forest monster.jpg (901KB, 1000x637px) Image search: [Google]
Fighter vs forest monster.jpg
901KB, 1000x637px
I don't really like 'portraying' nature or gaia as a single entity ever. All creatures of nature are a part of it, the forest is a part of it, dark shamans and cannibal druids are a part of it.

Humans that neatly wrap up and represent concepts like honor and humility as a single person cannot really do the same with nature. Nature has been around a long time before that.
>>
File: 1468365176473.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468365176473.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
>>49191298
Go forth, my son, for the good of us all
>>
Like Wood Elves in Warhammer Fantasy Battles.
>>
File: 1448737598910.jpg (98KB, 800x903px) Image search: [Google]
1448737598910.jpg
98KB, 800x903px
>>49180809
An abundant dwarf woman, hair made of gold, jewelry made of seeds and gemstones, skirt made of a waterfall. Her domains are as much under earth as above it.
>>
>>49180809
Mine was a big gender ambiguous thing that basically died and then the world formed out of it's corpse. It's not really alive to be a god anymore but it spawned all the gods of the setting.
>>
>>49187245
Kill elephants!
>>
>>49181277
THIS
>>
>>49183259
Careful not to cut yourself.
>>
>>49202235
I remember it being that it hits him in a final defiant act, but he isn't bothered by it. He then looks around, sees nothing worth being awake for, then goes back to sleep.

Just off memory, I could be way off base here.
>>
>>49186506
>There is no Gaia analogue, that nature is an unpredictable and unstoppable force that not even the GODS THEMSELVES can fully control.
Lame.
>>
>>49180834

How the hell is that leftist?
>>
>>49182559
>And with how far along we are on the Sun's life, there probably won't even be enough time for another sentient species to rise up and make another civilization, go us!
Sun's got about 5 billions left in it yet, while the whole planet is 4.5.
However the whole "multicellular life" business is just half a billion old.
And no matter how hard we try, we aren't nuking out literally everything in the oceans.

So yea. There's time to start over a couple times more.
>>
>>49183151
>There's also the time when early plants and algae started producing oxygen to the point where significant percentage of Earth's atmosphere was composed of oxygen. Which, mind you, was a highly poisonous gas for practically all forms of life that existed back then.
We ain't got SHIT on those guys when it comes to murdering out the competition, yea.
>>
>>49206470
The artist is a danish leftist landwhale that makes crappy gay art.
>>
>>49181361
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPUIrnivDRE
>>
>>49206578
Isn't she the artist for Denmark and the World or whatever?
It's good for a few reaction images, at least.
>>
>>49206604
Yes.
>>
>>49187245
AND WE ARE BETTER AT IT THAN THEY ARE!
>>
>>49182836
>>49195882
Damn it I can't find it. It was a collage of images about the game and it was really funny.
>>
I love giant animal gods

Like, you're walking the forest and then realize a 17 foot tall elk covered in moss & leaves wandering majestically in front of you
>>
>>49196536
All things eventually reach equillibrium, that doesn't make them lawful.
>>
>>49185889
This. If Chimpanzees had the capability to build nukes, the world would have ended decades ago.
>>
>>49206977
Strictly speaking, they would be Neutral.
>>
>>49187150
Fuck.
>>
>>49206504
Water will start boiling off the surface long before the 4.5 billions.
>>
>>49180809

Have a shittonne of them, or fractured big one.

Look at real world mythologies, there's like, one war god, and then a bunch of harvest, seasonal, earth, etc gods. And thena bunch of other gods also have secondary harvest and fertility in their portfolios. Because eating is fucking important.

So yeah, I have a lot of them, and I have them finikey and flighty, because one reason why there are so many nature gods is so you can bribe more.
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.