[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a question has anyone here ever had their models assembled/painted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 546464184545.jpg (4MB, 3067x1489px) Image search: [Google]
546464184545.jpg
4MB, 3067x1489px
So I have a question has anyone here ever had their models assembled/painted by someone else? Could be studio commissions to maybe a helpful friend? What were the results of it in the end?
>>
>>49178839
Stupid, stupid initial images.
>>
I'm starting to consider it, i'm an old man now (35) and i struggle for time with my family, work and fitness...

I cannot spend precious personal hours cleaning mould lines off another pack of plastic dudes, it's the worst damn part of the hobby and i get goddamn mad as i'm doing it.

While i think i still might paint characters etc i think i no longer care if the rank and file arent painted by mine own hand.
>>
>>49179274
>and i struggle for time with my family,
You have a ready source of labor, right there. Especially if you have children to voluntold.
>>
>>49179382

They are babies... I'll wait a few more years before handing them mono filament edged scapel blades
>>
>>49178839
It has it's uses, but it's a trade of money vs time. Commissions are usually expensive, but if you have friends that play, there is usually one guy who likes modelling more than playing and someone who likes painting more than playing.
>>
>>49178839
Crap, now I want to use minirats as currency.
>>
File: Goyim.jpg (76KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Goyim.jpg
76KB, 250x250px
>>49178839

We're told rich bitches do this all the time. What they do is, they commish someone to copy a tourney champ's army and then take it down the LGS where they pretend that someone else's spammy min/max list is a product of their tactical genius. I don't understand that mindset myself, but the /tg/ 40k list threads are full of Theoryhammer bean counters who would GLADLY do this every month - if they could.

Just as puzzling to me are the people in the /tg/ WIP threads who blog about slowly, studiously, painfully copying Painting Guide army schemes - evidently intent on reproducing someone else's army in excruciating detail. I can't relate to those poor, desperately earnest bastards either, but I think they might buy a finished "codex" army if it was an option.

@OP: Why do you want to know?
>>
>>49180775

I was debating on maybe doing it I wasn't getting a full army painted just a tempestus Scion squad and the scion command squad just because I think they look cool and want them on display.

I assembled my own Infinity army and I hated it I just don't want to go though all that trouble again
>>
>>49180458
You cut the model out and give them the pieces at that point, let them try building them as 3D puzzles to start.
>>
>>49182414

That should cheap I think maybe just ask for basic Scion colors off the box that's how they get you with all that added on shit and styling costs
>>
>>49180775

Jesus getting a full 1850pt is one but getting multiple armies commissioned? That's insane I usually think this is a one time thing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.