[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40K Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 52

File: 1468973341145.jpg (9KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
1468973341145.jpg
9KB, 345x146px
Secutarii Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things formerly listed individually on this post.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things. Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Mars Needs Women! Rampage of the Nerds! (V1.0.0), a new /tg/ made Only War supplement for playing as Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus, and joyriding an Ordinatus!
https://www.mediafire.com/?irijme05vbks7q4

Old thread: boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/49054801
>>
Has anyone ever touched upon themes of family within a game that wasn't Rogue Trader? Has a DH investigation ever uncovered that your nearest and dearest are involved, how did you react to it? Did the GM handle it well or not?
>>
>>49163284

We had a dynasty of Khorne Warriors descended from a Chaos Marine who got busy with his many slaves and created his own society. Constant themes of family honor and maintaining legacy were present.
>>
>>49163284
Do Haarlock heirs count? Because I know at least three including myself. The first BBEG we fought later turned out to be a party members sister, and I think an eldar player was related to a human one somehow
>>
>>49163230
When will Mars Needs Women! be updated?
>>
What are some interesting or unique items that have come up in your games? Anything memorable?
>>
>>49165469

whenever shas gets off his lazy ass and puts in the missing stuff
>>
>>49165741
IIRC he said something about this weekend already?
>>
a bump from page 9
>>
Any stories worth sharing from your campagins?
>>
>>49167764
Last game, we went shopping for guns and went to find the biggrst arms dealer on the planet. Who turned out to be a techpriest who exclusively spoke in the most ridiculously fake "Happy chipper marketer SOHAPPY" voice imaginable. At all times. Because he had been informed that meatbags respond better to a friendly, happy tone of voice. So he programmed his vocoder to speak in that tone at all times. Not much on paper, but having to deal with the GM's best HAPPYSOHAPPY sales voice (Complete with persistent undercurrent of simmering rage) made the scene work amazingly.
>>
>>49167873
That sounds wonderful.
>>
File: b8a6385e1fe6924d6266080d4302578c.png (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
b8a6385e1fe6924d6266080d4302578c.png
756KB, 1920x1080px
>>49163230
>>49161503
This Player here has left out a few details, so I shall attempt to tell the story from my perspective.

This is the Small tale of Lieutenant Betty's Burning Bunker.

The recently crash-landed Heretics learn that a Freeblade Imperial Knight is being repaired and rearmed, they set out to steal the War Machine.

Infiltrating the Base for them was relatively easy, through a combination of Speed, good rolls and the Illusion of Normalcy Mutation, they secret the Thousand Sons Sorcerer, the Ex-Rogue Trader Son Apostate, and the Heretek on base.

The Dark Angel Fallen (Forsaken) and World Eater (Chosen), along with the Sorcerer's Rubric, wait in the treeline and jungle around 100 meters off-base for 'the signal'.

They avoid the outer and inner patrols and are able to enter the Comm's Building, where they surprise the Comm's Team and take out the Base's Communications. They then give the Signal. Upon receiving it, the Fallen opens up with Sniper fire from his Stalker Bolter.

Chaos, Confusion, That's how I'd describe those first few moments. The WE Charges across the Gap, screaming praise to his bloodthirsty God, as the Rubric lumbers forward, spraying semi-auto suppessive fire while the Fallen takes precision shots at the Heavy Weapon teams.

On the inside, the Heretek breaks off on his own upon seeing a Engineseer, and defeats him in Melee Combat. He then takes a turn into the small Medical Facility.

Upon entering, he is mistake for a Tech Priest and is asked by the various Guardsmen what was going on, Power was down, Bolter rounds could be heard in the distance.
>>
File: CAN'T SHOCK UP.png (499KB, 643x850px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T SHOCK UP.png
499KB, 643x850px
>>49168108
The Heretek immediately drops his spaghetti and starts going on a tirade that sounded alittle like this:

"So me and my Associates were arriving on base.."

A Suspicious, wounded Guardsman started to pull a Laspistol at which point the Heretek promptly shot him with his Plasma gun, and continues telling his story as if nothing had happened. This happened 2 more times.

The Heretek strike a deal with the last, terrified Guardsman, to put in to sleep in exchange for information on the base, and not blowing his cover.

After this, the Patrols on the other side of the Base Burst into the Medical Facility, they raise the Concrete Building's Shutters, turning it into a veritable Bunker. The Lieutenant in command, we'll call her Betty, ordered the confused Tech Priest to move the Medical Beds moved. She quickly realized that 3 of the 4 Guardsmen were dead of Plasma Wounds, and she quickly rounded on him, asking why.Not Caring anymore, this apathetic Heretek callshoted her in the face.

10 Crit Damage later she's a Burning Headless Corpse. She Lit about 30 men on fire as the Heretek made his Hasty retreat, not forgetting to drop about 5 frags on the way out.

After one of the Squad Flamers exploded, there was noone that wasn't on fire. All that could be heard from that bunker was fire and screams.

On the Northside, the CSM's had broken all of the outside defenses, and inside, the Apostate had just succeeded in dropping 50 Imperial Guardsmen with a Well placed 'Icon of Blasphemy' Mutation, simultaneously stopping 50 IG Hearts.

My Players had a good plan of attack, they executed it near flawlessly, and they gained an Imperial Knight as a Reward. They Almost lost it the next day, but that's another story.
>>
>>49167764
Two sessions ago, in my Only War game, the party (a squad of regimental stormtroopers), broke into a Lord General's office to acquire some files for a covert Commissariat investigation.

One of them saw a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and shit on the the Lord General's desk before leaving. Now the Lord General's convinced there's a Plague God cult loose in the Guard camp and the Inquisition has arrived to find it. Now the party is crawling around in sewers at an Inquisitor's orders trying to find the"cultists" that defiled the Lord General's office.
>>
Are there any books that have statistics for imperial aircraft?
>>
>>49168614
Yes, there are.
>>
File: Pacific Rim Robot Rock.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Pacific Rim Robot Rock.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
I fixed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2h92hnxa3447cj/Mars_Needs_Women.pdf

Mars Needs Women! Rampage of the Nerds! (V1.1.7)

Changelog
-Secutarii Hoplite and Peltast added. Their gear is in there, too.
-Skitarii Vanguards and Rangers now have Auto-stabilized. They were supposed to have this from the beginning. It's a long story.
-Missing Arc Maul added.
-Lightning Claws for Ursarax added.
-Vultarax Stratos-Automata still missing. One day it will be released. One day.
-Macrocarid Explorator Text Fixes
-Graviton Imploder Text Fixes
-Cybernetica Cohort Description finished. Whoops.
>>
File: Guards_Cov_Astartes.jpg (31KB, 340x479px) Image search: [Google]
Guards_Cov_Astartes.jpg
31KB, 340x479px
I've played a lot of dark heresy, but I'm just now reading the books for black crusade. It looks pretty interesting, particularly the Alpha Legion archetype.

Can anyone tell me about your experiences with black crusade, and what kind of campaigns were fun/not fun?
>>
>>49168872
Are there any books that have the rules for flying vehicles, anyways?
>>
>>49169770
Into the Storm has rules for air combat, I believe. I don't think any of the Aeronautica vehicles ever got official rules though.
>>
File: Red Sun Eye.png (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Red Sun Eye.png
19KB, 320x240px
>>49167764

I'm still running through my current Deathwatch series, Spess Mareen: Republican Commando. I archive every single thing that happens. Every episode has been cleared up, sanitized, and reprocessed for distribution. The Collected Visions are split into four cours, of which only three are complete. The series is still running after all. So, feeling bored and have some time? Feel free to read things through. Each Collected Visions contains the archives and all the bonus content one would expect. I hope you enjoy them as much as I had fun running them.

In Cour 1 of Spess Mareen: Republican Commando (Episodes 1-12), the players are a Deathwatch Kill Team sent to the Tiji Sector, to combat the Hellstar, an extradimensional, amorphous, cyclopean invader the size of a planet that can make even a Spess Mareen feel fear. Coming to grips with this revelation, the Commandos are forced to gather their strength until they can begin to understand the situation they've found themselves in.

In Cour 2 of Spess Mareen: Republican Commando (Episodes 13-25), the Commandos continue to safeguard the sector while seeking out the relics of their predecessors, and begin to embrace the long-forgotten title of Legionary. Making a pilgrimage to long-forgotten worlds to overcome the curse within their gene-seed, the Commandos finally discover an ancient Dark Age weapon that can take on the Hellstar on equal terms.

In Cour 3 of Spess Mareen: Republican Commando (Episodes 26-40), the Commandos, now armed with the world-shattering power of the First-Generation Interstellar Decisive Weapon "CRUSADER INVICTUS," strike back at the Hellstar where they can. But it is not easy to combat what is essentially a transdimensional virus that spreads memetically into lesser beings not strong enough to maintain a sense of self. The Commandos gather new allies, unite the strength of the past with the faith of the present, and finally embrace the destiny that was always meant for them - Praetors.
>>
>>49170838

Cour 1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dxr1rl22aq7k6q7

Cour 2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6cv56daobld3que

Cour 3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/uoupedk6wcecmba

Grab something warm to drink. Dim the lights. Put some comfy headphones on. Enjoy.
>>
Having a hard time finding the silent-move penalty for wearing power armour and the concealement penalty for sizes.
>>
>>49171380
Found it:
>Any armour that provides 7 or more APs (including Astartes power armour) inflicts a –30 penalty on the wearer’s Concealment and Silent Move Tests.
>>
What's a good Psy Focus for someone from a daemon world?
>>
Hey, I need a pre-made campaign. Does someone have anything they'd recommend?
For roguetrader. Our group consists of a rogue eldar bonesinger, an upside down ork mek, a arch militant and a rogue trade
>>
>>49171495
A small, handcarved Aquila.
Because unless they had a lot of faith, no way would a psyker make it off a daemon world alive.
>>
>>49172758
It's the background I was considering using. Maybe something about how an inquisitor visited the demon world and brought a child back for the black ships. Kids grows up and is a psker in another inquisitors warband.

I was thinking something like a large tooth or bit of wood, something primitive? I dunno.
>>
>>49172949
You could have it be the bone of a Daemonic creature that the Psyker slew at some point in their life, through their faith in the Emperor.

"Counter-Sanctification" is definitely a real thing in most religions. You'd be surprised how often a church is placed on or near an area that previously saw some horrible bloodshed or crime, in an attempt to "neutralize" the evil previously made.

Carving an Aquila from the bones of a Daemon is also a gigantic "fuck you" to Chaos in general.
>>
>>49171495
A fucking holy item, or at least a symbol of the faith.
Because God-Emperor knows you're a hair's breadth away from being sanctioned as it is.

You don't want to give anyone any more reason than you have to.
>>
>>49174153
Dont demons not have bones?
Arent they made of warp stuff through and through?
>>
>>49172758
>>49174153
>>49174205
What Psyker powers should I take? What should I avoid?

Sorry about all the questions, new player here.
>>
>>49176101
Whats your job in your party? Do you want to be a glass cannon, who fries everything but also explodes? Do you want to be a Buff-o-mancer support unit to help people out? Do you think your GM will be sending you to fight chaos or Xenos?
>>
>>49175823
It largely depends on the daemon in question.

Bloodthirsters, for example, have bones, but their bodies only really stick around to be harvested on Daemon worlds or within the Warp itself. In the novel "Daemon World," a Daemon Prince(ss) of Slaanesh kept the skull of an ancient Bloodthirster as a trophy of her kill.

It's not unreasonable for things like Bloodletters to also have bones that can be taken, especially since skulltaking and bone-crafting is Khornes whole shtick.
>>
What is life like on a Daemon world in your imagination?
Do you think Chaos discriminates between its followers and its victims on such worlds?
How would you make it off of such a world?
>>
>>49163284
Every Deathwatch game I've ever run.

You're a titanic superhuman whose physiological and psychological development have been engineered since before you were 10 years old. You've been subject to schooling, conditioning, and training to ensure that you are as close to the capability of each and every one of your Brothers as possible.

Now, suddenly, the entire structure that you grew up with is gone. The teeming hundreds of your Brothers have been replaced by a band of individuals with asymmetrical skills and philosophies only superficially similar to your own. Your capacity to adapt to these circumstances -- your character's choice to embrace or spurn their new brothers -- is the primary driver of power and drama in the game.

You can play it as Bigmarine's Carnifex-Punching Adventure, too, I guess.
>>
Never played a 40k rpg before. Is there a Black Crusade equivalent of a Navigator? Are the rules similar enough that you could just port the Navigator over using some BC stats (like corruption/infamy)?
>>
>>49176835
As close as you can get to literal hell without actually being in the warp.
>>
>>49176773
I get having a skull, as a focal point and symbol of khorne. But I dont see them having an arm, for instance. I just figured warp flesh took care of the whole support and movement thing
>>
>>49177112
How the fuck do you leave though? Ever?
>>
>>49177013
As in a playable Navigator? Not so much.
In terms of Navigation? Anyone in Black Crusade can navigate a ship through the Warp through performing the appropriate chaos rituals and sacrifices.
>>
>>49177144
Think chaos equivalent of Catachan, now think there may be loyalists getting recruited
>>
>>49177144
Either by dying or by someone coming with a ship capable of void/warp travel.
>>
>>49177144
Even Demons aren't omniscient or omnipotent, and they'll rarely have sufficient colonization to ward off ships.

So with a quick shuttle, a will of iron and more fucking purity charms and talismans than you can shake a fucking stick at, you could take a quick trip to a Daemons world with only significant risk.
>>
Would a Heretek be mutated in such a way that they could be visibly distinguished from a regular Techpriest? Assuming you gave such mutations time to manifest
>>
>>49178569
Probably, yeah? Most Heretics will have whatever cosmetic mutations you deem necessary, and in general, Hereteks and Dark Mechanicus priests seem to like pushing the "Transhumanism through forbidden augmentation" schtick right through the fucking roof and turn themselves into shit like shrieking robot wolf-spider-men or walking artillery platforms. Go fucking nuts, is what I'm trying to get across here.
>>
>>49176835
>What is life like on a Daemon world in your imagination?
Depends on the world, which again depends on its master. Torvendis had Khorne-lite barbarians even though Slaanesh ruled over it and Medrengard had Emperor worshiping mutants, so if the master has little interest in you then I guess it would be like living in a Deathworld plus occasional daemons
>>
>>49179126
And then on the flip side, you have your "typical" "Everything is fire and lava and brass and black iron and spikes and skulls and everything looks like the Doom series got gangbanged by several thrash metal albums" Khorne worlds, your "Vietnam full of parasites, plague, and jolly cooperation (Of parasites and plague) Nurgle worlds, and so on. And occasionally you get the inexplicable shit like "This world is an endless desert of black sand dimly lit by a purple star and covered in decaying cities that match no known race. Also, daemons really love this place and it's constantly changing hands yet not changing a bit".
>>
>>49177112
Welcome to the Glimmer!
>>
>>49176391
glass cannon sounds fun and I have no idea what we will be facing. I wouldn't mind trolling the GM a little to pay him back for being a force user in my EotE game though.

Also what the heck kind of gear should I buy with my two "scarce or more common" freebies during character creation?
>>
File: mCGQ2KC6tosRjTmY.png (229KB, 580x288px) Image search: [Google]
mCGQ2KC6tosRjTmY.png
229KB, 580x288px
Need to make a bio for a just-shy-of-Ascension Seraphim Sister of Battle, hired by a disgraced insuisitor with his last scraps of influence and favors for one last acolyte group to take down a wizard he's been tracking for decades. But i have creative block. Why i'd get hired, or seconded?

This is lazy as hell but if anyone just gives me a very basic concept i'd be able to jump off with it and develop on it.
(I probably shouldn't be in any serious trouble with the Ecclesiarchy since they'll replenish my ammo for free and let me requisition storm bolters and inferno pistols when I stop by a well stocked church.)

And while it won't be of any importance (OR WILL IT?!) I'm saying I'm from a custom Order called the Order of the Sable Gift. Pic related.
>>
>>49179758
Ecclesiarchy wants the Inquisitor dead, and when said Inquisitor wants to hire a sororitas - she's instructed upon departure from her sisterhood to keep a sharp eye for any suspicious behaviour of her would-be boss, and when she gathers (or makes up) enough evidence - murder him, hopefully taking his place.
>>
>>49163284
Our Rogue Tradee was the last of her line when the rest of the family disappeared with their Grand Cruiser. Currently, she's probably gonna go with the only other RT in the subsector, a big, loud man named Jacob S. Lewis.

And the recently deceased Chaos warlord committed horrible atrocities and genocide to turn back time to save his family.
>>
Did anyone buy FAC yet? So we don't have a shitty scan?

Also is there a list of all skills anywhere? I want to make an excel version of the character sheet
>>
File: 1449606682964.jpg (65KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1449606682964.jpg
65KB, 680x680px
>>49179750
>>49179750
>I wouldn't mind trolling the GM a little to pay him back for being a force user in my EotE game though.

You could go through the Divination tree, I'm sure having to GM reading an npc mind is fun
>>
>>49179750
>Also what the heck kind of gear should I buy with my two "scarce or more common" freebies during character creation?

Depends on what kind of psyker you are going for. If you are going unsanctioned, maybe take a multikey and play an telekinetic thief. Or just use them for weapon upgrades, sacred inscription etc
>>
>>49179750
A Flamer and Imp guard armour are both good choices in my opinion.
The flamer will allow you to shoot stuff without worrying about BS and the armour will make you a little bit harder to kill.
Those are my go to scarce picks (unless I already have better or equal armour from background)
>>
Any advice for anyone who wants to GM Deathwatch for the 1st time?
>>
>>49184051
what kind of game you want to run?
>>
>>49182348
what's FAC
>>
>>49184193

faith and coin, the rt book
>>
>>49169309

thanks, shas

I can't say I'm a fan of the kyropatris shield, but everything else looks great.
>>
>>49182799
The flak yea, that is great.
Flamers, tho, can be a problem, especially if the gm pays attention to collateral damage. Having a gunfight in a building and setting it on fire can be a serious issue.
>>
In the version of DH2ndE I have, an Adeptus Mechanicus character can start with an optical mechandrite but only get's Mechandrite Use (Utility) as a skill option. Is this intended so the player has to buy Mechandrite Use (Optical) with the startin 1k xp? I found nothing on that in the Errata//FAQ.
>>
>>49174153
I wish there was more of that in 40k. Closest I can think of are those Rune weapon things but they're still Tainted
>>
>>49169309
Is this in the Homebrew MegaFolder? I'm not seeing it in there
>>
>>49184987
It's not the best fluff in the setting, but don't the grey knights/draigo write their names on the bones of the daemons they've defeated in their recent codexes?
>>
how would you guys justify a heretek following nurgle in BC?
>>
>>49185274
Bio-heretek. Wants to make awesome flesh creations and the god of life is the way to go
Think Sondar from Necropolis, or the dark mechanicus buildings from the GK dark mechanicus book
Not the flesh is weak, the flesh is potential

That or a 40k skaven plague monk
>>
>>49184222
I've got it, but I don't know if I could get you a better scan. Something specific you're looking for?
>>
>>49184378
Mechadendrite use has been condensed down to just Weapon and Utility since RT. Utility covers Manipulator, Medicae, Optical, and of course, Utility.
>>
>>49185405
>Bio-heretek
Aren't they called Savage Morticians, or are those just a specific cult?
>>
>>49185522
I dont remember, I was just using it as shorthand, to get my point across, not as an actual name
>>
>>49185274
Genetor who's lost someone (or many someones) to a horrible, incurable disease and is maniacally striving for a cure.

Karmic heretics best heretics.
>>
>>49184164

One designed for people who don't know a huge amount about 40k.
>>
Has anyone of you played or played with an outcast+sage before? I was wondering if you build some kind of information broker/talking rogue with this combination.
>>
>>49186697
You could let them start as neonates and work themselves through various trials so they "earn" their battle suit.
>>
File: tumblr_mtw6i094cx1rk3iyeo1_1280.jpg (340KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtw6i094cx1rk3iyeo1_1280.jpg
340KB, 1280x720px
>>49169519

I ask this almost every thread and I never get any stories except when the thread is 404ing... guess Black Crusade is too hardcore for most of /tg/.

I'd run it myself if it wasn't for the usual curse of what players I have around me going "lets just play D&D".
>>
>>49177144

In my DH character's background a radical inquisitor hired an RT to swoop in and round up some samples and wildlife, one of which was a daemonette-possessed former scribe that he ended up purging of daemonic control.
>>
>>49187152
>>49169519

I'm running a campaign. Instead of the typical opening for Hand of Corruption, I adapted the House of Dust & Ash adventure from Dark Heresy, with the Mourners as Malal cultists, and the planet in the Screaming Vortex. Players got fancy gear and such there, then went to Port Wander. They then mediated at the Cultist showdown thing, before hunting down and murdering an Inquisitor for her Rosette, which they used on St Annard's Penance as a means of getting among the prisoner population.

Last session, they made a deal with Lord Oglanov, despite the Khorne players attempt to murder him. Long story short, guns, drugs, slaves, and anything else he wanted.
>>
>>49169519
My group tried to switch from DH to BC, but it turned to be not as interesting as it seemed in the beginning. It needs a lot of players drive, creativity and desire to play actual chaos worshippers without slipping into bland, stupid evil, boring cartoonish antiheroes. I can't say it was bad experience though, I'd give it another try.
>>
>>49185274
I used to play Herbert West (not actual name) the genetor, obsessed with fighting death itself. Flesh is weak, but I can fix it.
>>
>>49186730

That's not a bad idea, but I don't have a lot of experience with Deathwatch myself. Definitely something to use another time though.
>>
>>49186697
Do they have any context from other RPGs?
>>
>>49189128

They have played other RPGs, yes.
>>
>>49169309
Have you considered adding the Ordo Reductor Artillery Tanks?
It's basically build your own artillery with multiple types that don't show up in the RPG, or is the addition not worth it?
>>
>>49185159
That's because grey knights' names are potent anti-daemon words.
In Draigo's story, the name of the CM that Mortarion killed was his true name, and scribing that on Mortarion's heart was what banished him for 100 years.
>>
>>49187621
>slipping into bland, stupid evil, boring cartoonish antiheroes
Isn't that half the point of BC?
>>
>>49190986
If you want a shit game, maybe.
>>
File: 1473064318720.png (182KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
1473064318720.png
182KB, 500x731px
>Warhammer above Star Wars just barely

Fuels the theory that it's less a sales issue and more of a licensing one.
>>
>>49191311
Not the guy you're responding to, but that's not necessarily the case. You just have to tell them to make it entertaining.
>>
>>49190679

I've been mulling it over. The Ordo Reductor artillery is pretty much a Build Your Own Basilisk / Whirlwind / like 3 other patterns. Most customization would be at the vehicle selection stage, similar to the macrocarid. Maybe one day in the future I'll stick a maniple type in for it, but it's not high on priority now.
>>
>>49187152
I can already play as almost any flavor of bad guys with imperials, why would I want to play chaotics?
>>
I'm creating a character for an Only War campaign, a weapon specialist specifically, and this is my first time really making a character for the game. What talents would be good for someone trying to be a decent sniper/marksman?
>>
>>49192480
1. The setting (Screaming Vortex + other Chaos influenced areas)
2. A realistic end goal, as opposed to just fight until you die
3. Infiltrating the Imperium
4. Power
>>
What's the difference between DH1E and 2E?

Which is better to run, and why?
>>
What's the stupidest thing you've heard while playing?

Mine is "I should be able to use that tau weapon because it has a barrel and a trigger, and I'm trained with using a lasgun."
>>
>>49193485
Besides the ones that reduce called shot penalties or make needing a scope beyond a red-dot pointless?
>>
>>49193765
2e is much better to run after 5 systems of refinement.
>>
>>49192480

So you can finally play the good guys
>>
>>49193911

Assuming there's no trick to it, they should be able to albeit with the -20 penalty
>>
Alright, I need some help. Going to be running a four man all tau campaign. I need some ideas on how to run this. Also, how screwed am I?

Thanks.
>>
>>49195382
Probably pretty screwed
>>
File: 64c.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
64c.gif
4MB, 480x270px
I just had a player's bolter explode with righteous fury and deal a grand total of 177 wounds, after armor, to a lictor.

I feel blessed by the Emperor on this great day. Dumped his whole magazine and capped out when he ran out of ammo.

The poor lictor only had 40 wounds in the first place.
>>
>>49196897
damn son
>>
>>49196897
And this is why the errata to bolters and RF was done.
>>
>>49197573
You know, I didn't even know that'd been changed. Huh.

Shame.
>>
Could a Psyker in BC align himself with Khorne over time and still "make sense," as Khorne despises the use of psychic powers?
This is a lore question, but if there is something about it in the rules, please tell me.
>>
File: Untitled.png (105KB, 378x288px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
105KB, 378x288px
>>49197703
>>
>>49197703
It would be ludicrously difficult to do so, but possible. They can even become daemon princes of khorne which strips them of everything psykery.
>>
I need an interpretation on Protean Form vs Psycannons or Psybolts.

Psybolts/psycannons ignore telekinetic shields and direct psychic psychic defenses, but protean form modifies your body, though it is a sustained power?

If you put that protean form bonuses to toughness, does the psybolt/psycannon ignore that?
>>
>>49197813
that's fucking balls
goodbye, half your character's combat skills
>>
>>49198809
Don't join someone who hates what you are if you want to keep being you.
>>
>>49198820
preach it
>>
>>49198666
I would say no or at least reduced effectiveness as when psybolt/psycannons refer to psychic defenses, it is usually in the form of psychic-based force fields or force walls make with telekensis.
>>
>>49187152

Guess I can give a little taste of my groups Black Crusade adventures. Fair warning, we tend to keep things over the top and stray from the lore occasionally. Case in point, this little adventure we refer to as "Demonic Jurassic Park".

In the far future, in a region of chaos-infested space known as the Hurricane of Horrors, a motley group of chaos worshipers tore ass through a prison colony known as Saint Annard's Penance and managed to transport it halfway across the galaxy and claim it as their own. This group, referring to themselves as the Court of Corrupted Kings proceeded to slaughter most of the inhabitants and use the production facilities and newly claimed slaves on the planet to create weapons of war. In keeping with the rivers of blood that flooded the streets of the colony, they opted to rename the planet "The Sanguine Forge" and established their own little kingdom in that volatile region of space.

For clarity's sake, the group consisted of a winged sorcerer of Tzeentch who before getting lost in the warp had served along side Horus in his legion and had at his beck and call a coven of witches, a flaming-skull Khorne Berzerker who prized honor above all and was determined to rebuild his shattered chaos-warband, a half-human, half-robot follower of Slaanesh who desired to build the most perfect devices of torture imaginable, a equally depraved Chaos Marine of Slaanesh who sought to discover the amnesiac secrets of his past and torture eternally whoever was responsible for concealing them, and finally a demented human psyker following ghostly voices that led his every move to some unknown purpose.

At this point, the group had well established themselves and acquired a boatload of infamy through numerous acts of slaughter, conquest, and even in one case planetary annihilation. It was to no one's surprise then that the Court one day received in invitation from a group of Heretek's wishing to offer them tribute they justly deserved.
>>
>>49198922

The group themselves were a minor, albeit powerful, faction within the Hurricane of Horrors. Known as the Council of Illumination, they were researchers who concerned themselves with the development and perfection of demon engines. Wishing to stay on every faction's good side it was common for them to offer to construct vehicles for those deemed worthy, if only to maintain the balance of power within the region.

So with much fanfare the group departed save for the Khornate who had to stay behind to put down a rebellious slave revolt, much to his and Khorne's enjoyment. After a few weeks of warp travel the group arrive at the Heretek's base, a construction known commonly as "The Chrome Planet". As its name implies, it was a large, silver ball the size of Earth's moon and covered in an intimidating array of defensive platforms. Functionally speaking, the Chrome Planet was a Dyson sphere that was built around a demon world, drawing energy from the warp rather than from a star.

Their invitation meant that rather than being glassed upon arrival as most interlopers were they were greeted as the kings they were and given an express tour of the facilities and the devilish processes necessary to make a fully fledged demon engine, such as crushing humans into tiny bits of crystallized energy.

At the end of the tour they were offered a chance to make their own engine. This meant donning specially designed capture packs and descending to the planets surface to capture their chosen demon one-on-one rather than rely on unstable and frankly deadly chaos magic. So the adventures said a few prayers to their respective gods and descended down the old, rickety ass elevator to the planet's demon-infested surface.
>>
Exiting the elevator, the members of the Court found themselves in a bubbled off area protected by literally thousands of demonic wards of various constructions, some imperial, some chaotic, some unknown. Beyond the safety of the wards they could see the hellish wasteland of the planet itself. The Slaaneshi Heretek, intimidated by what lay ahead, opted to wait in the safe zone near the elevator while the others moved on, ready to capture a demon perfect for their engine.

So they trudged for hours through that demon-infested hellhole, passing through idyllic plains before coming across a group of seductive Demonettes. They offered the group some hot dickings but they declined, leading to immediate combat. Unfortunately, on the human psykers very first roll he managed to draw a peril of the warp and summoned a Demon-Prince of Slaanesh to come and rape his sweet little backside into submission. Though they were leveled quite well, they were powerless to stop the demons' assault as they easily cut down the Slaaneshi's Sex-Marine in one stroke and forced the group to flee for their lives.

To make matters worse, it was at this same point that the poor Heretek learned that her sanctuary near the elevators was not safe either. Somehow, without her noticing (aka she fucked up a bunch of awareness checks) a squad of Noise-marines descended from seemingly nowhere and blasted her with their noiseblasters, lighting her aflame and incapacitating her in an instant. They departed up the elevator, leaving her burning body behind, and most importantly of all, destroyed it in the process, stranding them all down there.

The rest of the group returned not long after, having evaded the demon-prince only to find their melted robot and their mangled means of escape. Having already burned infamy twice in the span of ten minutes, the group was understandably nervous as the descended into the wastes again, searching for both answers and an exit.
>>
What are the coolest visual Chaos mutations a PC or NPC has had in one of your campaigns?
>>
Due to the wacky nature of the warp, the group stumbled aimlessly, hoping to find something or someone they could use to get out. To their credit, they did come across another being eventually. Unfortunately, that being was a blood-thirst Demon-Prince of Khorne, leader of the Blood God's forces on that planet and a creature with a specific desire for the blood Chaos Marines in particular. So they ran, ran, ran, barely escaping his fleshhounds with only a few scratches.

Their fleeing had someone wound them up in the lush, vibrant lands controlled by Slaanesh on that Emperor-forsaken world. They found themselves standing before a massive manor as a whole host of daemonettes, fiends, and other followers of Slaanesh were gracefully admitted inside by a host of horrific but sharply dressed butlers. To their shock, they found themselves beckoned in as guests of honor to the party's host.

Out of options and by plurality vote of the two Slaaneshi, they entered, only to find themselves in what could only be described as an Eldar torture party. Eldar of various ages and craft worlds were assembled around the room, subjected to a variety of strange and horrific forms of torture that made even the Sex-Marine shutter in a confused mix of disgust and arousal. Eldar were peeled alive, fed molten gold, and forced to play Age of Sigmar among other methods that never seemed to actually killed them. Additionally, there seemed to be a few chaos marines among them, their bodies stripped nude and undergoing the same torture and Slaanesh's chosen race.

But besides that was something far more worrying on the groups mind. The host, judging by the figure sitting on the throne of Eldar-skin in the center of the room was the very Demon-Prince that had nearly destroyed them not long before. He ordered them to follow him it his private chamber and, not wanting to suffer the fate of the Eldar, followed him.
>>
>>49199474

One of the players had his Khorn Berzerker turn into a fucking slug after he lost all of his bones and grew eye stalks.
>>
>>49199535
Sounds more appropriate for a follower of nurgle.
>>
>>49199642

He was getting wrecked in a tournament, so in between rounds he went to some fleshchangers so he could get healed.

He didn't really read the full contract.
>>
>>49199474

As mentioned in the first post of my story, our Khorne Guy has a flame skull and the eye of Khorne which allows him to walk around as a screaming, burning skull shooting chaos energy out of his forehead.

Continued:

The demon was pretty straight-forward; he knew why they had come and knew about what had happened to the elevator. Furthermore, the chaos marines being tortured were affiliated with the ones who burned the Heretek and destroyed the elevator. In short, they were a pissed off band of Noise Marines that wanted to steal demon-engine materials. To sneak in, they thought that'd it be best to transport themselves and two dropships to the planet via warp rituals and then fly up through the inside rather than assault or try to sneak on through the outside.

Realizing they were fucked and at his mercy, the demon-prince offered them a deal: he'd offer them the one dropship they had captured with the Noise-marines (it had crashed just outside the manor) and allow them to leave unharmed if, and only if, they agreed to capture the previously mentioned Khorne-Prince and lock him away inside a Demon Engine. Oh, and they also had to give themselves sexually to the Slaaneshi Prince.

The group agreed, mainly because their were out of options and because two members were more than eager to get butt-fucked by a Demon-Prince of their patron god. I won't go into details, suffice to say that much corruption and more than one mutation was gained that night.

After a few hours of not-technically-rape (or centuries, warp time's fucked) the group emerged from the bedchamber and marched off to one of the various demonic battlefields that littered the planet. There they fought a bunch of Khorne demons until they managed to grab the Khorne-Prince's attention and draw him out. It was at this point that the Slaaneshi prince revealed himself and the two got into one hell of a battle with the group standing by to let the two titans duke it out.
>>
>>49199667
Aren't those Slaanesh worshipers?
>>
>>49199676

Yes. But they don't care where the flesh comes from, they just wanted to experiment. And the player was stupid enough to use their service rather than the apothecaries that were on board.
>>
>>49199674

As one might expect, the Slaaneshi Prince was no match for a Khorne Prince in one-on-one combat, and he was rapidly beaten to near-submission. Begging the group for help, it was at this point that the Tzeentchian Sorcerer, still literally butt-hurt at what had transpired, realized that since they already knew the location of the shuttle that this demon offered them absolutely nothing else.

So, as Tzeentchians are wont to do, he activated his capture device and immediately absorbed the essence of the nearly-destroyed Slaaneshi-Prince. Fleeing for their lives from the Khorne-Prince once again, they fled as fast as their bulky legs could take them back to the manor. After a bit of a skirmish with some demonic guards outside the managed to secure the transport and get the fuck out of dodge, leaving that shithole of a demon world behind.

Upon returning to the dyson sphere, they found that things were already back to normal. The small squad of noise-marines had been easily beaten by the Council's built-in-defenses. With their thanks and blessing, the group proceeded to place that extremely-pissed off Slaaneshi-Prince into a flying, snake shaped demon engine affectionately referred to from then on as "The Rape Machine".

And that's my groups story on how they managed to trap a demon-prince in a demon engine. Hope you all enjoyed it!
>>
>>49195382
How would you even play a Tau character?

Is there a book for it that I missed? Could traits even carry over the same way they do with humans?
>>
>>49200673
Rogue Trader has a tau book
>>
>>49200673
There's a Tau book.
It's horribly made however.
I'd use homebrew instead.
>>
Hey /40krpg/, I DM a Black Crusade Game, and one of my players has expressed an interest in Malal, which excites me, I love Malal. One Problem.

I have no idea where to start with Homebrewing it.

So I was wondering some ideas for say, Rituals and Mutations. I have a few ideas to start off it, like a mutations that lets you 'feed' off an opponent like a parasite, one of Malal's central themes. Also what do you guys think the Mark of Malal should give players? What Skills and Traits would be aligned to Malal? Should I even use that system?
>>
File: Greater_Daemon_of_Malal.jpg (75KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
Greater_Daemon_of_Malal.jpg
75KB, 640x482px
>>49201375
Forgot my picture
>>
>>49193765
2E is a mechanically better system, but the fluff around it is weaker than in 1E. If you can get past that, run 2E.
>>
File: 1422746088216.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1422746088216.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49201375
Made this for a friend when he wanted to play a devotee of Malal.

Malal is the lesser God of Chaos turned upon itself, of compromises and self-contradiction.
>>
>>49201567
This is Perfect anon! Curses of He Who Doesn't Exist upon you!
>>
>>49198820

black crusade is so poorly organized that certain character concepts can accidentally lock you into a god and fuck you over.
>>
>>49193911
"I want to lie to Inquisitor, I should do it easely because I have fellowship 40 and deceive!"
He didn't like the outcome of this.
>>
The 40krpgs have been taken down from drivethru RPG. The system is now a dead line. We will never get REAL rules for all the missing things. The line will forever be incomplete.
>>
>>49193911
"I throw a frag grenade at the lictor."

The frag grenade did not harm the lictor. It did harm him.
>>
>>49202494
I ask players if they want to devote a skill/talent to its intended god each time they purchase one. Easiest solution to that issue
>>
>>49203505
Wow, you're right. That's actually somewhat depressing
>>
>>49203505
Shush. Stop spreading bullshit.
>>
>>49190986

You don't have to play Chaos characters as cartoon villains. There's a lot of untapped concepts and potential, and arguments that they're representative of the true nature of the universe and the Imperium is more of an unnatural abomination.

>>49194745
>>
>>49199474

Is that a soccer ball in the lower right corner?
>>
>>49204490

it's true, check for yourself
>>
>>49204477
>>49204490
>>49205427

Holy shit.
Is this is boys? Is Games Workshop gonna release its own RPG system again and not rely on third parties? Is it gonna take place in a new version of the 40k universe?
Apparently you can't even buy the PDFs off of FFG's own site.

Personally I'm excited. FFG did a lotta good with the license but seeing what GW could do could really bring some fresh air into the system.
>>
>>49204631
It's a skull.
>>
>>49194745
Sorry, I didn't like ABC Warriors that much.
>>
>>49199761

good pain/10
>>
>>49203505

Oh great. As if the Only War book wasn't rare enough.
>>
Why do people hate The Soul Reaver? I understand the linear adventure complaint, but the hate for it seems to run deeper in a vague way then over something that can be worked around.
>>
>>49203505

You know you can make things up yourself right? Unless you're that eternally salty anti-homebrew motherfucker.
>>
>>49205611
Ideally, they'll keep the system, perhaps minus a few small changes, then hand it off to somebody capable of writing good fluff. I'd be very much ok with Dan Abnett
>>
What's a good pre-made rogue trader campaign?
>>
File: Fifth Element Robot Bartender.jpg (24KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fifth Element Robot Bartender.jpg
24KB, 600x300px
>>49169309

Sorry, everyone. There was some errors I caught at work. I fixed them.

Mars Needs Women! Rampage of the Nerds! (V1.1.9)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dmylf4f40eslea9/Mars_Needs_Women.pdf

Changelog
-The Galvanic Caster Ignis Blaze shot now has the Indirect Quality, to interact properly with the Secutarius Peltast Parabolic Shot talent
-The Secutarius Peltast Parabolic Shot talent now scatters only on a miss.
>>
how can I kill 7 heralds of nurgle?
>>
File: Owl Cleaned.jpg (132KB, 1024x897px) Image search: [Google]
Owl Cleaned.jpg
132KB, 1024x897px
>>49210591

Febreze
>>
>>49210591
They are currently under the space hive/city in a place where unlucky refugees are thrown. Right now. I am considering locking the place up and making the AdMech spill molten metal in there.

How long would it take for them to break out if all the exists are sealed?

Roughly what firepower is needed. They have around 300 followers atm. I have no clue how many poor souls are in there.
>>
>>49210722
>I am considering locking the place up and making the AdMech spill molten metal in there.
Do this. Or napalm.
All of it.
Seriously, you have a crisis situation that requires a full scale military response up to and including GK intervention.
That you know of this and haven't made overtures to higher powers means YOU are the fuck up here.
>>
letd day I wanted to use a taurox for dark heresy, what would its stats be?
>>
Hey all, I've finally managed to get my friends to play a game that isn't D&D. We've agreed on Only War, and I'm the GM. Only problem is that I've never GM'ed before. Have any tips and such for me? Also is the campaign that comes with the core book any good?

Currently the regiment they made is:
Mechanized
Hive Worlders
Sanguine Commander
Die Hards

We're planning on finishing everything up and making characters tomorrow. Anything I shoukd watch out for?
>>
File: Angel of the Emperor.png (341KB, 1808x1923px) Image search: [Google]
Angel of the Emperor.png
341KB, 1808x1923px
>>
>>49210722
There are 7 heralds of nurgle. Those people are going to die anyway
>>
>>49210591
7 heralds is gonna lead to some serious shit in the Daemonic Incursion department

Kill EVERYTHING

and kill it preferably with fire
>>
Why hasn't anyone gone through all the content and made a single system from it?

It wouldn't be that hard, just a time sink, the one thing people on tg have lots of.

Especially now that it is being discontinued someone who unified everything would be seen as a messiah
>>
>>49211881
>points to Shas
>>
>>49185463

Do you have the pdf from drivethrurpg?

I really want a searchable pdf
>>
File: THEDARKESTHOUR.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
THEDARKESTHOUR.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49212529
I started long ago, but stopped

it'd be one HELL of a timesink m8, that's what I figured out

every now and again I go back and mess with it some more, but I've only just gotten finished with polishing off Space Muhrines and Deathwatch shite

Here's the foreward I've made, everything else as of now is on paper atm
>>
>>49212811
huh, it's coming out fucked up for some reason

eh whatever, I'll fix it later
>>
>>49185522
Specific cult.
>>
>>49201420
2e crunch with 1e lore is best game.
>>
>>49210722
Nuke the hive from orbit. Then nuke it again.

Then glass the place.

You have officially gone past the point of no return and the only option left is the complete annihilation of the entire facility and everything inside.
>>
>>49212811

Hey man you should stick the rest of it up online, this is something that could easily be made collaboratively.

Going through all the 100 books of 40k rpgs, especially the armoury.

The foreward is just quotes (one offset) and a bit of a foreword right?
>>
File: 30dio.jpg (32KB, 450x273px) Image search: [Google]
30dio.jpg
32KB, 450x273px
>>49212105

Remember to send the regiment on missions fitting their specialty, which you should figure out if they haven't flat out decided. The Imperium isn't totally incompetent, they've cataloged the strengths of regiments and they're not going to send a tank company to engage in silent deep recon usually.

For example my custom regiment, the Ferox 11th Armored High-Threat Response (Fortress World, Choleric, Hunter-Killer, Favoured Foe, add hellguns, flak cloaks, and filtration plugs to kit, hellhound swaps out flamer turret for melta) is a regiment trained and intended to hold back from the front lines and move in to respond to reports of the big nasty foes standard guardmen can't deal with, daemons and CSMs and giant NOMers and so on, to kill them or at least hold the line till the little guys and flee and the hero forces or sanctioned psykers can arrive.

Also, make sure they know that death will be likely and often. And if you protect the PCs you're running it wrong.
>>
>>49212529
>someone who unified everything would be seen as a messiah

lol no. They would be seen as tryhard and nobody would use their shit because, even though the 40krpgs may be a dead game, fucking a corpse is preferable to fucking a homebrew zombie
>>
>>49212612

Because god help /tg/ try to get shit done instead of relying on the 40k RPG equivalent of Touhoufag. His books were the worst thing to happen to the system, because he tried to turn it into a solved game, which stifles discussion heavily.
>>
>>49215390
who is shas?
>>
>>49212955
Preach it
>>
>>49216132

See >>49209341. He's the super-autistic tripfag who made most of the homebrew books in the OP, and roughly figured out the equations FFG used to make their stuff. You can see him shitpost in the thread unless you filtered him already.
>>
>>49163230
heya. Playing end of rogue trader campaign and my ork freebooter just tackled a sister mother superior in termi armour with twin-linked heavy flamers mounted to power-fists at the end of the last session.

On a scale of 1 to bork, how dead is my character?
>>
>>49216252

Do you have a power klaw? If yes, you'll be fine. If not, RIP
>>
>>49216278
uh, well yes. In a manner of speaking.
>>
>>49216288
soooo, yeah. My ork, waz-cutta hangs out with some pretty heretical folks. To the point we unofficially turned into a black crusade campaign.

Heresy everywhere and my ork just thinks its a tuesday.

So the sorceror convinced him to bind the daemon weapon they captured off a world eater captain into his klaw.

Soooo his klaw is possessed by a very, very angry flesh-hound of khorne who he beats into submission now and again. Its basically just the head of a flesh hound at this point.
>>
>>49216317
Klaw + Daemon Weapon
RIP in Peace Sister Mother Superior
>>
>>49216353
I dunno man, like four attacks with power fists is pretty nasty.
>>
>>49216380
Oh yeah, they have an inquisitor, a rogue trader, and a Father of Thule with them.

The Thulian has a chest mounted lascannon... DM went a little ham this fight.
>>
>>49216403
>Chest mounted
>lascannon
>Confused_anime_girl.jpg
>>
File: Masters_of_Transition.jpg (138KB, 481x884px) Image search: [Google]
Masters_of_Transition.jpg
138KB, 481x884px
Which Chaos God do you think would have the most widespread worship amongst regular human renegades? The kind who see the Imperium is a crumbling madhouse and just want out.
>>
>>49216453
Personally if that were their motives I would say undivided.

Not a lot to go on really.

>>49216421
I assume a monkey was involved honestly.
>>
What's your favorite kind of Only War campaign?
>>
>>49216694
the all guardsmen kind.
>>
File: AUGHTNINE.jpg (265KB, 797x721px) Image search: [Google]
AUGHTNINE.jpg
265KB, 797x721px
>>49216746
Presumably an opinion widely shared.
>>
>>49216694
One that starts.
>>
>>49216780
No, from the all guardsmen dark heresy game. The brutal wave after wave with multiple characters and groups, calling artillery strikes on your own position or having them called and knowing that your end is nigh in imperial promethium.

The horrors of war and all that jazz.

Dick.
>>
>>49216453

Nurgle or Tzeentch. Former promises relief from endless pain and misery, latter would gleefully strengthen or otherwise aid those seeking change in their lot in life or want an escape to anywhere else. For a price of course. And becoming a single screw in it's fathomless greater schemes in the process.
>>
>>49216694

The kind that involves incompetent decadent noble generals being in charge.
>>
>>49216453
Even spread across the board.

With a lot of them going Undivided.
>>
>>49216694
The kind where I write fucking boatloads of AARs, journals, and lore as handouts for the players to give insight into the other regiments and what they're doing as part of the war effort.

I've run three consecutive campaigns set from the perspectives of three different Guard regiments on the same battlefront, all of them with self-referential bits or recurring NPCs that have made mention of other squads doing major missions from other regiments. This has resulted in some of my players saying things like 'wait, that was us!' when they did something that negatively impacted their rival regiments or did something that benefited the entire war effort and saw it from an outside POV.
>>
>>49211652
we are severely limited. 16 more days when or inquisitor along with an imperial blockade is coming to port aquilla.
>>
>>49212529
They already mostly function fine rogue trader is already doable in DH2E with some effort, and only war and 2E get along just fine.

The odd one out is deathwatch, which only suffers because of the inflated XP values resulting in "nearly anything you can do, the human likely does better"

I'm currently working with a couple other anonymity met across various games to revise DW to fit 2E (which pretty much boils down to 'give things aptitudes and make sure the system has all the needed talents')
>>
>>49217619
Autocorrect can die in the warp.

Other major gotchas for porting to 2E: psy stuff and unnatural traits, some skill refactoring and adjustments of skill attributes, armors need to be given a maximum dexterity rating.
>>
>>49164189

NOPE
NOPE NOPE NOT POSSIBLE MY AUTISM BURNS WITH THE FURY AT WHAT IS NOT POSSIBLE
>>
>>49211652
There are no higher powers in the system atm.
>>
>>49216217
If they are accurate, then what is the problem? Nearly everything is ripped from TT even by FFG themselves, and if nothing else it provides those with differing opinions a base to modify with at least some of the work done.

I prefer to try and look at it positively, where they are bound to be imperfect because they are the product of a single person, but at least he isn't the kind of shithead homebrewers you find in other game systems that lose their shit over someone building off their material or insists their stuff is the only answer.

Not intending to rant, just annoyed at people shitting on work that at least had effort put in and can be ignored easily if you hate it
>>
>>49215390
>>49216217
>someone sits down and does the math to homebrew fairly accurate items FFG will never do, on top of expanding xeno, Deathwatch and 30k options
>this is bad
Fuckers like you would have driven off Jimmy Rome, seriously kill yourself.
Your breed of /v/irgin is actively making the board shittier with your /b/ standard sekrit klub logic.
>>
Is there new thread?
>>
>>49219493
Why would there be?
>>
File: ded.png (197KB, 640x557px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
197KB, 640x557px
Is the line really dead? Why would it be? If it is, why are RT and BC still available?
>>
>>49219793
Why would DH2 be ded, they published Enemy Beyond last february. Though I heard that GW and FFg are at odds with each other lately, but that could be just a rumor.
>>
>>49219814
Honestly, without a single release in the RPG lineup since the beginning of last year, when we used to have new releases every few months or so before that, it's probably safe to say that whatever involvement FFG has had with the 40k RPGs is over. Seriously, I don't remember a single update that has occured since last summer, so I'm pretty sure that whatever is going on between GW and FFG, it's not really very friendly.

Honestly, I'm betting that the 40k RPG licenses are going to move to a different company soon if this keeps up, but I hope it doesn't happen since that would mean significant changes to the writing and crunch of the lines, if they keep it up at all.
>>
>>49217757

The only time I've seen the accuracy fall off was trying to make deathwatch gear. That system is so inflated the numbers just don't make sense.
>>
>>49216217
>and roughly figured out the equations FFG used to make their stuff

Yeah... 'equations' were used to make 40K RPG items. HAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>49217671
chaos ain't gotta explain shit, ma nigga
>>
>>49206376
Archonts who can't do shit without players helping them. It just feels wrong.
>>
>>49220741
It's actually not wrong, go look in the fringe is yours in the Op links, it has tables for translating most TT stuff to RPG. There are the occasional instances of things not working so well, but that mostly happens with high-strength weapons (9 and 10)
>>
>>49212955
Damn right it is. I just wish there was a decent way to include the Alt Career ranks, because those were one of my favorite things from 1e.
>>
>>49216252
Git reddy fer a krumpin
>>
>>49216453
Slaanesh is easiest to turn people to, Nurgle is most sustainable, Tzeentch is hardest to eradicate fully, and Khorne creates batshit strong fighters. Khorne is probably worst for the long game.
>>
>>49217671

Space Marines aren't sterile. They just don't reproduce because brainwashing. Chaos Marines ain't got that problem.
>>
>>49219793

The pdfs got removed. The regular books they can still sell.

>>49219814

FFG pissed GW off with their Runequest release and now GW sees them as competition.
>>
>>49223307

typical case of GW slaughtering the golden goose.
>>
>>49217671
>>49223247
Even if Space Marines were sterile, Chaos could mutate them to become fertile.
>>
I heard there is a searchable copy of Rogue Trader Faith and Coin (the latest publishment) but it has some guys name watermarked on it. Anyone got a copy of it?
>>
Anyone got a list of all 40k rpg releases by date? Starting on a project of making a single system and want to make sure I have everything
>>
>>49219813
That shit can't be legal.
>>
File: 1472460515905.jpg (143KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1472460515905.jpg
143KB, 1024x576px
What's your opinion on someone playing an Ork in Rogue Trader?
>>
>>49226031
??
>>49226043
Is the group alright with it?
What is it that you can't play a standard character?
It reminds me more of how when 4e D&D came out, dragonborn, high elves and tieflings were made central setting races precisely because all data showed them as some of the most commonly played races by players, whereas half orcs and gnomes were the least played and shunted off to a later book (and people lost their shit about it).
>>
>>49226158
>Is the group alright with it?
I'm just curious about other people's opinions.
>It reminds me more of how when 4e D&D came out, dragonborn, high elves and tieflings were made central setting races precisely because all data showed them as some of the most commonly played races by players, whereas half orcs and gnomes were the least played and shunted off to a later book (and people lost their shit about it).
That's kinda interesting. I think over the top high fantasy races are cool, and I can't blame people for not liking gnomes. Fuck gnomes. Half orcs are pretty cool though. I'd imagine half-orc barbarians were pretty common. I played one.
>>
>>49226207
>I'm just curious about other people's opinions.
My standard opinion:
Orks in RT are commonly the optimizers' choice, being a cross between an explorator and arch militant but better than both in being dead killy and tinky stuff.
My real opinion:
>WAAAAAAAAAUGH!
>I'd imagine half-orc barbarians were pretty common. I played one.
Half-orcs were, mechanically, among the worst races to play in 3.x, which is why they usually went unused and forgotten. Orcs got more play.
In 4e, I saw a number of half orc barbarians, rangers, and oddly, paladins, because half orcs made monstrous paladins, especially of Bane.
>>
>>49226043

Why do you have to be a disruptive snowflake, playing something that doesn't belong in the game? The game models humans for a reason.

I wouldn't be surprised the reason GW pulled the license was because FFG tried silly memey bullshit like playable xenos.
>>
>>49226465
Games Workshop sells multiple playabe xeno races
>>
>>49226592

and they are more often than not NPC races (eldar and tau notwithstanding)
>>
>>49226465
>Why do you have to be a disruptive snowflake, playing something that doesn't belong in the game?
to upset you
>>
>>49226677
>uses "npc" race in an argument
Oh, you can be entirely disregarded?
What a surprise.
>>
>>49226465
How does the shit covered boot of your GW overlords taste?
>>
>>49226043
I don't trust anyone to RP an ork without it becoming some kind of retarded comedy show
>>
>>49226465
You sound like a perfectly shitty person. I bet you like nu40k fluff.
>>
So long as we're asking, can we get a copy of Koronus Bestiary that isn't fucked to hell?
>>
>>49227041
https://mega.nz/#!QYUCCYYA!dOgxzjBkOOuZu6ULF-5sfTFhcbqmH5akrhxe3a0TSoA

Do you like this one?
>>
>>49227095
This is the one that's fucked.
>>
>>49226043
It depends, I can imagine both brilliant and auful.
>>
>>49212105
Alright, back. For their regimental kit extras they added:
Best Quality Flak Armor
Good Quality Laspistol and 2 Charge Packs
Respirator
Combat Knife
Chrono

The party consists of a Commissar, Enginseer, Medic, Operator, Weapons Specialist, and maybe a Ratling, should his schedule permit it.

How'd they do?

>>49215067
Thanks for the tips mate! I'll be sure to keep your words in mind. Anything else you want to add?

Also, how's the campaign that comes with the book? Is it any good or no?
>>
>>49229001
>The party consists of a Commissar, Enginseer, Medic, Operator, Weapons Specialist, and maybe a Ratling, should his schedule permit it.
Buncha snowflakes that have no synergy with their regiment.
>>
>>49229084
Medic, Operator, and Weapons Specialist seem pretty normal to me?
>>
File: 1472910072495.png (1MB, 698x962px) Image search: [Google]
1472910072495.png
1MB, 698x962px
How lucid/mad are sanctioned psykers in general in the 40k universe?
If I play an Astropath, should I play up the "i can hear the millions of screaming souls from beyond the grave" bit, or do I have more freedom than that?
>>
>>49229084
Not as bad as the group I DM only war for. Commisar, Sanctioned Psyker, Techpriest and a Sgt. Future command squad in the works i guess.
>>
>>49229084
2 specialists out of 5 isn't that bad, is it?
>>
>>49229186
>i can hear the millions of screaming souls from beyond the grave
It isn't called the astropathic choir for nothing.
>>
>>49229186
They're somewhat normal-ish, iirc. Other than being a filthy mutant who doesn't deserve to live of course, but somewhat normal.

The screaming voices thing is more astropathic choir, iirc, but you could fluff it as a temporary side-effect if you roll that one headache effect on the perils chart. At least, I think there's one. I'm not gonna check though.
>>
>>49229492
>Filthy mutant
>Doesn't deserve to live
More holy than the vast majority considering soul-binding and that they are brought before the Emperor himself.

Would also be pretty ruinous for the imperium to lose their main means of communication between systems.
>>
>>49229524
No anon, that's how the filthy mutants redeem themselves in the Emperor's eyes by doing His work and being purified by Him. They're still filthy mutants that don't deserve to live, they're just allowed to so long as they're useful.

Emps Himself wanted to remove the Navigator houses if it was possible, but he knew it wasn't at the time, and still isn't.
>>
>>49202494
>certain character concepts can accidentally lock you into a god and fuck you over.

But anon, that's how Chaos actually is
>>
>>49210636
Shouldn't Volkite weapons be near unique? They were almost lost tech during the HH, and nowadays you don't see anyone but super awesome guys wielding them since no one can make them anymore.

Should be much rarer than just Very Rare.
>>
>>49229844
FW is still pissed at GW for not only making the Skitarii and AdMech Codex, but also for giving the Dominus a Volkite pistol, as they believed that it should have been lost by 40k. Which is why they're going to massively nerf all the HH stuff in IA14.
>>
>>49229844

They can still make volkite. They're standard issue sidearms on most magos.
>>
>>49229186
Clerics are really underrated I feel, so hard to find art compared to marines or sisters or guard or whatever. That guy looks fucking hardcore
>>
>>49163230

Your next Rogue Trader campaign.

You find what looks to be a to be an ancient nature reserve planet with isolated ecosystems mainatined by either Archeotech or Xenotech obelisks. its also populated with Flora and Fauna that has been long though to be completely extinct, predating the Emperor himself; in addition to creatures found only in myth and legends.

Humanity is on the planet, but they are tribal in nature. however they have a surprising amount of industry and creative ability despite having absolutely no reason to. Its as if they've had STC fragments burnt directly into their minds.

What Do?
>>
>>49229889
>>49229937
I get that, but shouldn't they be on par with Gravitron weapons? They exist but they're stupidly rare.
>>
>>49230584
It depends, really. If you go with FW's interpretation, no one should have Volkite at all. Which means their rarity would be Unique at least. Even then, it should be Near Unique because they're relics of a forgotten age.
>>
>>49230616
Right, well I agree with that all but I expect there to be a few working guns because Rogue Traders love their bling and so do Lord Inquisitors. But I do expect them to be hellishly more rare than a Storm Bolter
>>
>>49230197
How tf do any of us know what predates the Emperor
>>
>>49230197

enslave the local population. Either sell them to the mechanicus, or have them write down their STC plans, artificially age them and then sell THOSE to the mechanicus.

start capturing local wildlife to sell to collectors offworld.

Tell absolutely nobody about the location of this planet.
>>
>>49230731

Time stamps on records found in the archeotech, If you can pry it from the Mechanicus's cold dead hands of course.
>>
>>49229960
nitpick, but they're called priests. and yeah, they're really cool. i haven't actually read up much about the imperium in general so i don't know if they're just psykers or very fanatical missionaries, but badass nonetheless
>>
>>49230845
priests are fanatical missionaries - in some cases, their faith has actual mechanical effect, but as it doesn't use anything like the mechanics that psychic powers do, they're definitely not psykers
>>
>>49230845
Priest are just very fanatical missionaries with Flamethrowers and BIG Chainswords.
>>
File: ark-evolved-stomping-land-shades.jpg (342KB, 1497x842px) Image search: [Google]
ark-evolved-stomping-land-shades.jpg
342KB, 1497x842px
>>49230197

Aqquire Tame Large Carnavoir. Equip personalized saddle. Have a bloody good row with the natives. Maintain eye contact, assert dominance. Hand pick a few dozen to serve me personally. Then Do what >>49230780 said
at my leisure.
>>
>>49230879
>>49230893
nice. my only experience with them was in dow (where they were pretty good if i do say so)
>>
>>49230893
>>49230879
This.

>>49230845
The priests can be called clerics. Near as I can tell, there's a ranking system within the Imperial church that allows for clerics and bishops and whatnot. They're just a certain rank within the priesthood.
>>
So im guessing if you want to play as a Scion in Only War just play them as Storm Troopers but have ourselves be regarded as scions?
>>
>>49230731
If not predating the Emperor's existence, then at least pre-dating the Imperium and the Emperor's reign.

There's some hard dates there, to the tune of about 30,000 years prior to the founding of the Imperium and the commencement of the Great Crusade.
>>
>>49231425
Essentially.

Although why you'd want to play a Scion instead of one of the pre-Militarum Tempestus-style Stormtroopers is beyond me. The core rulebook for Only War was written and released before the release of that codex.
>>
File: 5464548151218541.jpg (556KB, 1422x2062px) Image search: [Google]
5464548151218541.jpg
556KB, 1422x2062px
>>49231484

I.....actually like the Scions. I even bought the starter pack becasue I thought they looked cool but was highly disappointed at their shit lore

Decided to go wrtiefag for them and came up with an idea recently surrounded around these guys thought of some plot where we will start with some classic purge nurlge zombies but then the party runs into an eldar Farseer accompanied with a radical inquisitor who claims each and every lion has a "mark of Isha" and this leads to their immunity against nurgles nastiest. Turns out this farseer was proposed to be one of those 5 farseers who went into nurgles garden to save isha. Only she wasnt chosen and has made it her objective to save her goddess and avenge her fallen kin using any means necessary even if it means using a mon'keighs help.

How does that sound kind of a retarded or cringy?
>>
>>49230584
>>49230616

It's probably a balance issue. Volkites are barely as powerful as pulse rifles, so they share the same rarity. I guess it's a fluff-interpretation vs a mechanics-interpretation.
>>
>>49231760
Kind of retarded and cringy m8.

You go into Nurgle's domain, you fucked.

You go into the Warp, you fucked.

You fight daemons in realspace, you fucked.

The shit lore is my main concern when I criticize Scions. You can go ahead and adjust uniforms or the look according to which Schola Progenium the Stormtrooper Regiment came out of. And the number of Schola facilities in a single sector is as wide and varied as the planets there.

Considering every Sector is a 200x200 light-year 'block' of space that essentially functions as a mini-empire in its own right, that gives you more than enough wiggle-room to sort out the lore of Your Dudes, and keep whatever aesthetic you want.
>>
File: 4618505984184.jpg (175KB, 1036x771px) Image search: [Google]
4618505984184.jpg
175KB, 1036x771px
>>49231832

Well I wasnt going to make them go into the garden.

They were now just going to be part of a Radical Inquisitors command with an Eldar farseer basically they get sent on missions fighting nurgles minions be it infections or other nasty shit find relics and or clues to help the eldar.
>>
>>49231868
Well, that'd be the point where Tempestus Scions would be having some major double-think and might declare the Inquisitor a heretic and try to purge him and his xenos waifu, or fall in line like the good Toy Soldiers they are, and justify it as an alliance of convenience. Thing is, the Militarum Tempestus has been mind-wiped so hardcore during their training that it could be either way, but whichever way this particular unit goes, it'll almost certainly be en masse.

Regular old-school Stormtroopers would be wondering 'OK, so, what do WE do here?' and generally have more potential to display personal opinions and divided loyalties, which is more conducive to roleplaying.
>>
>>49231961

Yeah I guess I should just ditch the Deltic Lion Scion thing and just use regular Storm Troopers im just so pissed man I like everything about the scions their designs and all that shit.

I even love the Turox with the tire conversion of course
>>
>>49232035
Mate, there's nothing wrong with the Scions designs, except the Taurox. That thing is horrible.

But anyways, Tempestus Scions are just Stormtroopers in High Gothic.
>>
>>49232035
You can use the armor and weapons and designs, no problem. Just fluff it as a particular pattern of weapon or armor favored from that particular Schola the Stormtrooper regiment comes from.

The Taurox is abominable though.
>>
>>49231832
>retarded
>cringy
>m8

dont listen to a word this fool says he speaks in memes
i like your paragraph of lore
>>
>>49232135

I thought the only special weapon they have is the Hotshot volley gun? They still get plasma and regular hotshot lasguns.

Besides I want to make my Scions be basically copies of real life special forces in an ideal world. So like actually special forces my scions use the Elysians Tauros for fast attack operations
>>
>>49232288
Yeah, but the 40k universe is big enough in scope that you can avoid Special Snowflake Syndrome if you say a certain regiment uses certain weapons that are a different design. It's still a hotshot volley gun or a hellgun (hotshot lasgun is a retarded name in my opinion), or a plasma gun, it's just a different pattern from the base design.

It's kind of like how the M16 and AK-47 would be different patterns of autogun (assault rifles) in the 40k universe. They're both autoguns. They're just different kinds.
>>
File: taurox with wheels 1.jpg (219KB, 650x489px) Image search: [Google]
taurox with wheels 1.jpg
219KB, 650x489px
>>49232135
>the taurox is abominable though
Speak for yourself. Slap some wheels on it and it goes from my least-favorite to my favorite APC in 40k.
>>
File: taurox with wheels 2.jpg (142KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
taurox with wheels 2.jpg
142KB, 1278x720px
>>49232510
>>
File: 245646154651241.jpg (791KB, 2249x1430px) Image search: [Google]
245646154651241.jpg
791KB, 2249x1430px
>>49232510

Man if the Scions didnt get fucked imagine getting a 40k version of a BTR.

Which would just be a Chimera with wheels
>>
File: taurox with wheels 3.jpg (431KB, 1176x893px) Image search: [Google]
taurox with wheels 3.jpg
431KB, 1176x893px
>>49232535
>>
File: 1422158866945.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1422158866945.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>49232510
A fair cop. Only treaded Tauroxes are abominable.

Wheels strong, remove treads.
>>
File: taurox with wheels 4.jpg (157KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
taurox with wheels 4.jpg
157KB, 1600x1200px
>>49232551
It would be the dopest thing.

Honestly, when I run games of 40k I treat the new "Tempestus Scions," baroque-style shit as just another option of kit that they can use. And the schola described in the new Codex is just one of many different schola. No way they all do it the same, so there's a choice that players might run into (or want to play) old school or new school stormies.

And since my group is pretty /k/, it tends to go over well.
>>
File: 54564564645451.jpg (29KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
54564564645451.jpg
29KB, 600x620px
>>49232551
>>49232595

My god why are realistic 40k design ideas so good sometimes.

The heavy weapon version is an abomination though
>>
File: taurox with wheels 5.jpg (159KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
taurox with wheels 5.jpg
159KB, 1600x1201px
>>49232551
I'm honestly kind of guilty of using real-world vehicle pictures and whatnot when I'm giving my guys pictures for context. So your desire for a PDF killsquad or operator-tier Guard Grenadiers doing an armored assault in BTRs is a thing that happens in my games.

I also consider really good-looking fan conversions as alternate planet-specific versions. No harm in a planet that puts wheels on its Chimeras instead of tracks. From a stat perspective, they're still Chimeras, and I don't play those small variants as tech heresey except in the eyes of a Magos with the most primo stick up his ass.
>>
>>49232621
Why is the heavy weapons one bad? I myself like it.
>>
File: chimera with wheels 1.jpg (130KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
chimera with wheels 1.jpg
130KB, 1024x683px
>>49232621
Right? They look so goddamned good.

>>49232551
See >>49232684. Also this pic related. A BTR is basically just a Chimera with wheels. Why not have some regiments have their Chimeras have wheels, mang?
>>
File: 1423463376432.jpg (157KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
1423463376432.jpg
157KB, 520x800px
>>49232684
>planet-specific versions
>Chimeras that use wheels instead of tracks
>I don't play those small variants as tech-heresy except in the eyes of a Magos with the most primo stick up his ass

My nigga.
>>
File: chimera as a halftrack 1.jpg (66KB, 679x446px) Image search: [Google]
chimera as a halftrack 1.jpg
66KB, 679x446px
>>49232718
I would also use pic related as a Chimera from a regiment with a distinct style. Why not? It has all the trappings of a Chimera. Nothing to stop you from having it be one. Or a Chimera-like with a similar name that's just not as well-known an APC because it's not as good a propaganda tool as the not!BMP.
>>
File: 45464454645164.jpg (38KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
45464454645164.jpg
38KB, 600x620px
>>49232712

Just a little to large for my taste

Though the Elysians special metla sentinel makes me hard
>>
File: taurox with wheels 6.jpg (178KB, 1334x746px) Image search: [Google]
taurox with wheels 6.jpg
178KB, 1334x746px
>>49232721
My players tend to like me, because I prefer to show the Imperium as this massive conglomerate of cultures and worlds of people being realistic and trying to live their lives successfully rather than it being one big monolith of suck. I do the same with the Empire in my Star Wars games.
>>
>>49232808
>>49232741
>>49232718
>>49232712
>>49232684
>>49232621
>>49232595
>>49232551
>>49232535
>>49232510
>>49232365
>>49232560
ITT: Unique patterns you've used in your 40k RPG sessions.

Reason for the variants, and how good were they? Did your players like the attention to detail in the lore and description of the variant? Did you ask your GM if you could use a homebrew pattern and justify it with a good excuse? Did s/he like it too?
>>
File: taurox with wheels 7.jpg (62KB, 800x679px) Image search: [Google]
taurox with wheels 7.jpg
62KB, 800x679px
>>49232829
>>
>>49232841
I'm gonna answer this with a question, actually.

My GM and I are discussing how a transport Venator version would work. We're a Drop Troops regiment, so we don't actually get a Tauros at the start (and the Tauros regiment is horribly overpriced), but we'll need ground vehicles later on. Is there such a thing as a Tauros transport?

Alternately, is there stats for bikes somewhere in Only War?
>>
>>49232901
A transport version would be like a thin, slightly smaller troop transport warthog from Halo. So basically remove all the weapons from it and make it larger.
>>
>>49232901
The answer to both questions is 'yes.'

The Tauros 'transport' can be explained as a Tauros variant with a small passenger bay in the back. Should seat maybe three or four guys, plus the driver's seat, and maybe a passenger seat in the front. You'd need maybe two cars to a squad. A gun would most likely NOT be mounted on the back like a regular Tauros, although you might be able to shoot from the back with a handheld firearm of some kind. Most likely, the vehicle and troop bay would be open-topped.

Yes, there are stats for bikes in the Only War GM's Kit - the published adventure in it has a profile for a 'Virbian Combat Bike', and there are stats for a similar bike in the Dark Heresy 2nd Edition core rulebook. Both can be used to represent bikes issued to an Imperial Guard regiment, although there are mechanical differences between the two. If neither bike statline suffices, the GM can use it as a baseline for a homebrew design of his own creation.
>>
File: 41465456461645151.png (980KB, 1480x1080px) Image search: [Google]
41465456461645151.png
980KB, 1480x1080px
>>49232901

Heres the idea use the Venator version and take out the big gun and turn it into a podhog
>>
File: 62616166451641.png (125KB, 362x298px) Image search: [Google]
62616166451641.png
125KB, 362x298px
>>49232951
>>49232980

Holy shit

Great minds think alike?
>>
>>49232980
>>49232975
>>49232951
>>49233006

Incidentally already statting it up, based off of the 'hog itself. I figured that'd be the best reference.

Good to know about the bikes.
>>
>>49232841
>reasons for the variants
Because the Imperium is fucking huge. There's no way that everything is going to be built the same, even if it's got the 40k/Battletech-style "it's all the same because lost technology."

>did your players like that it
Mine tend to respond well. They tell me that it makes it feel more real and immersive as a military setting. Which is mostly what we use 40k for.

>did you ask your GM
I typically am the GM, but I'm open to suggestions. My players haven't done it much, but I encourage them.
>>
>>49233006
Indeed. I was >>49232975, and the first thing that leaped to mind was the transport-hog. I just wasn't coming out and saying it.

There's only so many ways to make what's basically a transport jeep based on a fast-moving recon vehicle/rapid-attack weapon platform, but a lot of them are glorious and work just fine.
>>
>>49232975
>Virbian Combat Bike
How have I not noticed this? Thanks anon, totally suggesting to my GM that we make a cavalry regiemtn, but instead of horses we get bikes.

Gonna be like IG version of the White Scars!
>>
File: 54654546154615451.jpg (180KB, 1300x1011px) Image search: [Google]
54654546154615451.jpg
180KB, 1300x1011px
>>49232841

I made a Catachan Gunboat for my campaign one time just outfitted with some heavy lasers I know the chimera is already amphibious but I wanted a real boat
>>
>>49233041
Sounds pretty baller. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'm not a /k/ommando, so I tend to think of variant and local patterns from a civilian point of view. Local labor vehicles and stuff, although I've done my fair share of military and paramilitary designs that were deliberately inferior to the established Guard vehicles. My reasoning being the planet is lower-tech than the kinds of planets that put out the stuff the Guard uses, or the planetary government is kind of broke, and can't afford to buy it from Mechanicus forge worlds, so they just make their own for their PDF or local militia or law-enforcement, and it's not quite up to par with what the Guard or Adeptus Arbites or whatever end up using.

Sometimes the players in my Dark Heresy 2nd Edition game are in a bind and need to steal something for a getaway or a quick vehicle battle, and that's what's on hand, so they end up using the homebrew vehicles as a pragmatic choice, but it adds that immersive layer of how I feel the Imperium at large functions as a civilization. They've never complained.
>>
>>49232841
We made a stripped-down Punisher Tank into a "hunter" variant.

Took off the secondary armament in the front (so no heavy bolter), lower the profile and decreased the armor, and used the space originally used for the secondary to hold the Punisher ammo so we could expand the engine bloc.

Got a fast, speedy Punisher that is durable enough to ignore small arms fire, but will not hold up against an actual tank or dedicated heavy-weapons. They are phenomenal flanking units against lightly armored targets, and made a mockery against Orks during one of our campaigns.

Too bad it was a vehicle only designed on that world for its PDF and the Tech-Priests wouldn't approve for it to be requisitioned by the regiment
>>
>>49233135
>lasers

>not Twin-Linked Heavy Stubbers or Heavy Bolters

It's like you don't respect our veterans, anon.
>>
>>49233205
Strictly speaking, the Mechanicus just approves the design for use in general. They don't get a single goddamn say in what the regiment can or cannot requisition, except maybe the higher-tech shit like plasma weapons. That's the purview of the Departmento Munitorum.

If the AdMech gave that tank the stamp of approval then and there, it's alright everywhere else.
>>
File: 546481151641.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
546481151641.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>>49233229

I didnt know how to stat the thing we were on a planet full of weird amazon eldar.

XENOS IN THE WIRE
>>
>>49233151
I wind up using so many homebrew vehicles and whatnot that the players don't always keep track. Homemade conversions of popular vehicles to give a couple of varieites that make it feel more realistic, cars and hovercars that don't ever really tend to stick out because there are millions of worlds and millions of brands, all sorts of stuff.

If the thing looks like it will kind of fit the aesthetic, I use it on a moment's notice. I've used pictures of BMPs to represent Chimeras without my players blinking an eye. They're feeling immersed, and that's what matters.
>>
>>49233342

Anon next your going to me your hunting a rouge Catachan colonel who is actually the leader of those tribal eldar
>>
>>49233349
Do you run your games online?

take me away to a land of awesome homebrew vehicles and diverse worlds with funny hats, anon
>>
>>49233651
Sorry, mate. Didn't mean to cocktease and then delete the post, but my games are in-person. I just remembered that trying to squeeze in a skyper or something like that went horribly last time I tried and made it all slow down to a snail's pace.

I like to think I'm okay, but I'm not that good.

Again, sorry if my first response seemed like a cocktease.
>>
>>49233865
Ah.

Your players are lucky m80. Keep the dream alive, and godspeed.
>>
>>49233954
Yeah, sorry mate. Hope that was actually a throwaway. I'm gonna feel like a dick if someone fucks with that email.

>>49233986
Thank you. I try to keep it loosey-goosey and engaging and immersive. I hope they like it.
>>
>>49234038
Do you run much besides Only War, outta curiosity? Dark Heresy, perhaps?

On a more general note - New bread when?
>>
>>49234230
I base it in Only War. Tried running Deathwatch, but I did my players a disservice. I don't like Astartes, and they tend to be boring when run by me. I prefer the Only War environment where one or two Astartes is an amazing asset and I can treat them more like titans of war with a few character traits that shine through their near-Divine Light. The Guardsman perspective is very human in comparison.

I've done Dark Heresy, and that was fun. 40k has very little civilian/investigator perspective, and I liked being able to bring that in. It was actually kind of similar to how I've treated games of Call of Cthulhu or pic related (which I made and have run).

I've also run Star Wars d6, and tried Ghostbusters once. That was...interesting. I've also run Shadowrun a few times and a homebrew science fiction/a couple homebrew fantasy settings.
>>
File: Lost Source.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Lost Source.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49234355
I've also run this, but I had to fill in a lot of the gaps on the fly.
>>
>>49234542
>>49234355
Shit's dope.

I mainly run Dark Heresy (although my investigations have this tendency to be very combat-heavy, because I like combat - getting better at the actual conspiracies angle, I think), but I've recently branched out into Only War, and my players are currently engaged in a trench war against Orks. Working on ways to make that interesting.

My players have highlighted that I am 'Scary at NPCing', as in every NPC is spontaneously developed on the spot with little fun motivations. I like to think it's merely a presentation of some deep-rooted schizophrenia or mental illness, put to a semi-productive use.
>>
>>49234230
New bread now.
>>
>>49234733
Having lots of good NPCs is solid practice. It's fun to be able to make someone off the top of the dome that the players gravitate toward.

For reference, I am this guy (>>49156519, >>49156620, >>49156678, >>49156818, and >>49159998) as well, if you're curious how else I tend to run my games.
>>
>>49234852
Second to last one wasn't me, my fault.
>>
File: 1421808679545.png (266KB, 460x317px) Image search: [Google]
1421808679545.png
266KB, 460x317px
>>49234902
>>49234852
Holy shit, even across threads, you're my nigga.

I was the guy who blew up the Seattle mayor and the maybe-Renraku executive in the last /srg/.

>>49234845
You're s'posed to link it, m80.

>>49234824
>>
>>49163284

In a DH1 game I used to play in (Left before it was all resolved) incorporated the Haarlock trilogy. No one in our crew was a Haarlock heir, but most of our families were somehow involved in a big, sprawling, conspiracy that connected to Haarlock. One character, a Noble whose family was disgraced after his Father supported a peasant uprising, almost had his younger brother kidnapped by a shady corporation, and I believe his Mother's financial supporter might have been involved.

Another character's brother kept popping up.

Another character's adopted sister (kind of) was totally up to something, and horrible.

My character's mother (who he didn't realize it was his mother at first, since she abandoned him) was a pilot for a Rogue Trader who, to all our mutual surprise, was Haarlocks heir/clone who was a pretty decent guy before Haarlock took over his body. It was a pretty great moment, since he had dropped red herrings throughout making us think one of the crew was Haarlock's heir (Two of us were orphans, one was a Noble's bastard, one resembled a Haarlock ancestor, etc) and got our Arbite turned Inquisitor so paranoid that he secretly took blood from all of us (Not sure how, but then again, there were a lot of opportunities after combat) to run DNA tests.

IT was a pretty great game, but it definitely burned out our GM, and I ended up leaving after a semi-fallout with the group that was unrelated to any of the games we played together. I say semi because it didn't have to be a fallout, but for personal reasons I was done with being a part of the group and left.

It's a shame though, because that game was definitely one of the things that kept me coming back. Even if I was kinda That Guy, since it was the first long-term game I ever played.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.